PDA

View Full Version : High School DxD Light Novel - Volume 18

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

n0m@n
2014-05-16, 20:42
This is a thread to discuss High School DxD Light Novel Volume 18.

Please stay on-topic and discuss what happens in this volume.

No shipping talk
No pointless chatter
No posting raws or novel illustrations
No posting translations of the novels themselves
No asking about when translations will be done
No posts only to update people about translation status (or to just say that something's "out")
No posts only to thank translators (please us PM or VM instead)

The paradise all of you are living in is the result of the world that sacrificed many things-

High school D×D 18

Please give me the power to save my dad……to save everyone……!
                  ――Shidou Irina

So you must be Irina’s father. Indeed, you certainly do resemble her. ――Xenovia

Irina’s father who suddenly came for a visit. However, he was about to get dragged into the incident—.

We will now announce the new president and the new vice-president of the ORC. –Himejima Akeno

Finally the ORC will resume once again with the newly organized system!

I don’t mind dying for my comrades. Though I won’t get killed without putting up a fight. ――Kiba Yuuto

The promised made by the Gremory boys’ makes their resolution clear.

I do feel bad for using up Ise-sama’s private time as his manager, but this is all for Ise-sama! ――Ravel Phoenix

The capable manager becomes more strict in order to manage the schedule.

If we don’t take back Agreas, the Underworld will be in midst of chaos. Something which can cause that to happen is in there. –Maou Sirzechs Lucifer

Ajuka Beelzebub’s group that was in charge of Agreas’s hidden secret was something they couldn’t make public about.

I-I know about it! For X-mas in Japan, you have to give yourself to the man you have a liking to as a present! ――Asia Argento

The wrong knowledge given by Kiryuu still functions even in the end of the year.

The Heaven will use those techniques to make the baby making between Angels and Devils possible! ――Azazel

The girl that was called the self-proclaimed Angel was eager to do this.

Ufufu, everyone. For the great Christmas strategy, please do your best. ――The most beautiful woman in Heaven, Serapah Gabriel

Ise-s evil desire starts to boil up while having the most beautiful woman in Heaven stand in front of him!

We will be giving out presents during X-mas together with the Angels. ――Rias Gremory

It's decided for the Three Great Powers to work together to give present for the residents of Kuou’s town as a gratitude!

Santa won’t come to erotic children. ―Toujou Koneko

That information was very shocking for Hyoudou Issei.

I see, so you prefer Santa with short skirt, Ise-kun? I see…… ――Rossweisse

Her passion towards research also showed in that aspect.

This sure is interesting! Your destruction and my barrier, let’s have a battle to decided which one is stronger! ――Evil Dragon Laddon

The “Ruin-Princess” and the “Barrier and Sealing Dragon:. The absolute destruction and the absolute defense clashes!

The circumstance this region had in the past seems like it is deeper than we can imagine. ――Sister Griselda

That was a forbidden incident that only a portion of the people in the Church’s main headquarter knew about.

It has been a while, Lilin. ――I won’t show mercy to you.――Chief of Angels, Michael

The highest rank Seraph showed no mercy to that person.

《Bring it on! I will even take on close-combat! Except, don’t think you will bebfne after this!》――Gasper Vladi

For him who gets the strongest impression from Hyoudou Issei, he wields his knuckle as the Gremory boy.

Fight me. I may be able to find the future the Dragon’s must head to after defeating you. ――Evil Dragon Crom Cruach

The one who is called the strongest Evil Dragon tries to get in contact with Hyoudou Issei’s possibility!

I’m someone who has fallen once already. It will be too early for me to be stand up once again. ――But I sure would like to fight you again, Hyoudou Issei. But before that, I’ll just have some fun with the Evil Dragon hunt. ――The vanguard of Sakra, Cao Cao

Even that man is burning up his passion towards the rivalry he has towards Hyoudou Issei.

I can’t all you to do as you like further than this. Well, I am the leader after all. ――Joker Dulio

Ufufun♪ It sure seems interesting!To be able to burn an Angel with my Cross! ――Purple Flame Valburga

The man who is called the strongest reincarnated Angel and the woman who is in possession of the Holy Relic clashes!

This is the meeting that occurred within the town of Kuou.

Even if it was a forbidden thing――.

We certainly did meet each other――.

Our souls will be saved if we kill all of you!

Now then, disappear, Supernatural beings that had formed an alliance in this cursed town!
――The Revenger that carries the Ama-no-Murakumo no Tsurugi

I won’t allow you to kill my dad, and my comrades!

So please lend me all of your strength! My new power! And also Xenovia, Asia-san, and Ise-kun!

――Michael’s Ace, Shidou Irina

Uhyahyahyahaya!

Dance, and dance more.

Seriously, the Devils and the Heaven sure are carrying a nuisance things with them♪

――The leader of Qlippoth, Rizevim Livan Lucifer

I think I finally came to understand his, Vali’s……feelings.

You are the one person I can’t forgive.

Rizevim, I will knock you out!
――Sekiryuutei Hyoudou Issei

The son of Lucifer and the brother-in-law of the Lucifer final clashes before the X-mas eve!!

------------------------------------------------------------------------

――This is something that happened several years before Hyoudou Issei and Rias Gremory met.

――The story of another Longinus that happened in a certain place.

That may have been a dream or illusion for him. But it certainly is left there within his memory when he was a child.
 ――It was a back Angel.
 The man who had black wings sprout from his back. The man then says it while finding it amusing.
“……I see, so you may be the one. If that is resided in you, your world will change eventually. Oh well, don’t feel despaired about it, alright? After all, you are—“

「You are the only one that represent the “God” among the thirteen of them. Even if that happens to be a false God—”

The story of the 『Dog』will be unleashed—.

Chris38
2014-05-16, 21:27
First of all, thanks n0m@n for the info and I have to say..

... that's certainly some unexpected developments...

I mean Akeno as the ORC president ... isn't she is also a thrid year student that graduates soon from the Kuou Academy, so how can she be the one who will lead the ORC from now on :confused:

It's also nice that we are introduced to Irina's father, which means that he is probably the person who will get into trouble this time (if I understand this correctly)

Ravel becoming even more strict with Ise ... why :heh:

Finally some development regarding the Agraes clan ... that's definitely interesting.

Some minor funny scenes as well... that's good although I don't know what the other girls would do if they learn that Asia wants to give herself to Ise on Christmas :p

So ... judging by Azazel's line some progress has been made, which prevents Irina from falling when having sex with Ise :heh:

Ise's Bad Side is also starting to surface again ... although the girls in his harem, will most likely stop him before he goes too far... :heh:

The three powers giving presents together on Christmas - whose idea was that...

Rossweisse seems to have fallen really hard for Ise, if she even researches what kind of Santa he likes :D

Koneko seems to enjoy trolling Ise ... wonder what he has done to make her displeased...

Rias vs Laddon ... who seems to have some pretty impressive defense ... well, seems like we will already see some improvements when it comes to Rias's finishing move...

So, judging from the Griselda line there are still some mysteries surrounding Ise's town that haven't been revealed to us yet :uhoh:

Who's Lilin ... since, I don't remember being introduced to that character ... unless Michael means Lilith, Ophis's spawn :confused:

Gasper wielding Knuckles ... does that mean his Sacred Gear changed after being infused with Balor's power :confused:

Crom Crauch wants to fight Ise ... I guess that means that the author wants to set up him as Ise's next main opponent ... which probably means that Grafiya's brother probably won't reappear anymore to fight Ise

Looks like Ise's male harem is increasing :twitch:

Dulio vs Valburga ... I guess with this we will know how strong Valburga actually is...

A new character being introduced ... that also carries the Tsurugi sword ... that's some unexpected development :heh:

Irina finally receiving a power up ... good for you girl. :)

Ise finally understands his rival Vali ... well, I'm guessing that it points out that Ise and Vali vs Rizevim is going to be the final fight of this arc. :cool:

Finally more info about Slash Dog is always a welcome sight :heh:

Man, considering the amount of developments that seem to be occurring in volume 18, it's no wonder that Ishibumi has decided to decrease the amount of Ecchi moments that occur in it.

Although, I hope that it's going to contain a few more illustrations, compared to the previous volumes :uhoh::eyespin::twitch:

Tbolt
2014-05-16, 22:39
Thanks for all you do n0m@n!

lived_1714
2014-05-16, 22:57
Finally we can have a grasp on Shinto faction, Lilin is another name of Rizevim IIRC, also Santa won't come for erotic-children, sure, but Issei is not a child anymore and I'm sure he will have more "Snow Princesses" to give presents to him.

rickiminato
2014-05-16, 23:59
thanks noman sama for the info so in this volumen
Rias will become in a evil dragon slayer xd
Irina power up, and erotic santa :love:
crom the dragon with a power equal to heavenly dragon ask a fight with issei
and the male harem of issei are increase jajajja

kusabireika
2014-05-17, 00:21
thx n0m@n too need to wait patiently for it :nod:

G147
2014-05-17, 00:48
First of all, thanks n0m@n for the info and I have to say..

... that's certainly some unexpected developments...

I mean Akeno as the ORC president ... isn't she is also a thrid year student that graduates soon from the Kuou Academy, so how can she be the one who will lead the ORC from now on :confused:

Finally some development regarding the Agraes clan ... that's definitely interesting.

Who's Lilin ... since, I don't remember being introduced to that character ... unless Michael means Lilith, Ophis's spawn :confused:

Man, considering the amount of developments that seem to be occurring in volume 18, it's no wonder that Ishibumi has decided to decrease the amount of Ecchi moments that occur in it.

Although, I hope that it's going to contain a few more illustrations, compared to the previous volumes :uhoh::eyespin::twitch:

First Akeno isn't going to be the President, they are just announcing who will be new President and Vice President of the ORC, not Akeno being president.

Also it's just Agreas not Agreas Clan, what is the Agreas is currently unknown but it seems that it could lead to the destruction of the Underworld.

And Lilin is Rizevim.
Since others besides Sensei and Rias can’t recall that name, we are all in doubt. Sensei introduces that man to us.
“……I won’t forget this bastard’s name. Right, —Lilin? No, Rizevim Livan Lucifer!”

Endscape
2014-05-17, 01:21
This volumes seems pretty interesting, I'm especially looking forward to the parts with Irina.

Kutra
2014-05-17, 02:52
Ama-no-Murakumo no Tsurugi, aka Kusanagi :love:

I think the new president and the new vice-president are Ise and Kiba

ravelive
2014-05-17, 03:08
“……I see, so you may be the one. If that is resided in you, your world will change eventually. Oh well, don’t feel despaired about it, alright? After all, you are—“

「You are the only one that represent the “God” among the thirteen of them. Even if that happens to be a false God—”

Who is "You" Reffering to?? Ise??

it's looks like in Naruto Manga when the protagonist soul is an reincarnation of power of god :lol:

DragoMuseveni
2014-05-17, 05:15
Maybe Ise cuz now he possess ophis powers

The son of Lucifer and the brother-in-law of the Lucifer final clashes before the X-mas eve!!

From what i understand ise will fight rizevim . Buyt how if rizevim possess SGC . Maybe ise started under Son Wukong training to unlock great red and ophis powers?

kusabireika
2014-05-17, 05:46
If I guess correctly its either of this 3 Cao Cao "True Longinus (God's Will), Issei "True Dragon & Dragon God Power" or Gasper "Evil God Balor manifestation on sg"

Because this 3 have god in there sg/existence ._.

Kirihara_R
2014-05-17, 05:50

it's looks like in Naruto Manga when the protagonist soul is an reincarnation of power of god :lol:

No sir , that's not Isse and that part is another story which most likely Slash dog will be the main character .. I "heard" that more info about this story will be coming out on this month dragon magazine and of course there's also opp*i in this story but the story is more serious than dxd

jopjopjop
2014-05-17, 06:58
First Akeno isn't going to be the President, they are just announcing who will be new President and Vice President of the ORC, not Akeno being president.

Also it's just Agreas not Agreas Clan, what is the Agreas is currently unknown but it seems that it could lead to the destruction of the Underworld.

And Lilin is Rizevim.

Agreas is a place in the Agares' territory. One of the floating cities.

G147
2014-05-17, 08:23

Actually i think that part belongs to Slash/Dog. :heh: More like the entire second part belongs to Slash/Dog.

@jopjopjop, oh yeah i just remembered :heh: It was mentioned in Volume 10.

Gary29
2014-05-17, 11:13
Thanks for the info n0m@n. Volume 18 sure is going to be epic.

So Ise's going to be fighting Rizevim in this volume? I wonder how he'll manage to do that. Maybe with Le Fay he'll learn a bit of rudimentary magic, since I think it's still too early for him to be unlocking his inherited powers from Great Red & Ophis.

WILD_LION
2014-05-17, 11:30
So...Issei will fight against Crom Cruach and after that with Rizevim in VOL 18, I ask myself to myself if issei will be able to defeat one of them, or maybe Kill one of them.....mmmm...we need to wait until know what will happen....but in the end i hope that Irina and issei improve their relationship....

DragoMuseveni
2014-05-17, 11:33
From what i understood form this spoiler , Sakra will fight with crom after ise fights with crom , and ise will fight with rizevim .I can wait to see dulio vs holy cross user

aw454wtr
2014-05-17, 11:44
So...Issei will fight against Crom Cruach and after that with Rizevim in VOL 18, I ask myself to myself if issei will be able to defeat one of them, or maybe Kill one of them.....mmmm...we need to wait until know what will happen....but in the end i hope that Irina and issei improve their relationship....

Fight with rizeviem will likely be a short fight that ends with either one of them retreating or something else interfering, judging by the plot,Vali has to be involved in killing Rizeviem

jopjopjop
2014-05-17, 11:48
From what i understood form this spoiler , Sakra will fight with crom after ise fights with crom , and ise will fight with rizevim .I can wait to see dulio vs holy cross user

I think you misread it.
I’m someone who has fallen once already. It will be too early for me to be stand up once again. ――But I sure would like to fight you again, Hyoudou Issei. But before that, I’ll just have some fun with the Evil Dragon hunt. ――The vanguard of Sakra, Cao Cao

Chris38
2014-05-17, 11:49

Doubt that something like that is going to actually occur, since it's too early for something like that to happen.

Both of those fights are going to end in a draw, but obviously Ise will show some improvement compared to their earlier volume's fights.

The reason why I think like that is pretty simple:

Crom Crauch - implied to be at a level of that the two Heavenly Dragons where at, before they have been sealed in the SG's -> Ise defeating him = surpassing the level that Ddraig had at his prime condition -> There is no way that I will believe that something like that is going to occur, after just 4,5 volumes (a few days / months in the novel time line) of the current arc have passed.

Rizevim - main antagonist of the current arc -> him being defeated = end of the current arc.

jopjopjop
2014-05-17, 13:41
I know that this is really early, but anyone has any bit of speculation on who might be the wielder of the Kusanagi Sword?

A new character all together, like Walburga, or a person somehow connected to the myths like a descendant.

WILD_LION
2014-05-17, 14:44
I know that this is really early, but anyone has any bit of speculation on who might be the wielder of the Kusanagi Sword?

A new character all together, like Walburga, or a person somehow connected to the myths like a descendant.

I do not know, but if Irina defeat him and save her father, then HE or She must be a Mid-class user.

Soji
2014-05-17, 15:18
To think that we would see the Ama-no-Murakumo no Tsurugi in the main story....now I'm really curious to see how this will play out.

I have to admit that this vol look really promise and I looking foward to see what will happen next.

jopjopjop
2014-05-17, 15:53
But the Kusanagi Sword appeared (or mentioned, don't know :heh:) in a SS. I wonder how that story goes; if that may have some hints on who the wielder is and how the if will affect Volume 18.

Soji
2014-05-17, 16:58
jopjopjop@Yeah, The Kusanagi was mentioned in that SS and that's why I was suprise when I read the spoiler.

If my memory serves me right nothing was said about the wielder in that SS. Then again, that's what I remember from what was said some time ago.

WILD_LION
2014-05-17, 17:01
Hi friends, it seems that issei will not shine so much in this VOL 18, I mean if he fight against Crom Cruach and Rizevim and do not defeat any of them, then, this means that issei will not be the Hero in this VOL 18, because it seems that Irina is the only one who save his father.......well.....i hope that this make issei more focused in his training to develop his powers for the future........and we do not know.....maybe in this battle against Rizevim, issei find a clue about how negate his cancel to defeat him in the future.....

endarion88
2014-05-17, 17:13
i hope to finally see a illustration of gabriel since described as the most beautifull woman in heaven

G147
2014-05-17, 19:10
Hi friends, it seems that issei will not shine so much in this VOL 18, I mean if he fight against Crom Cruach and Rizevim and do not defeat any of them, then, this means that issei will not be the Hero in this VOL 18, because it seems that Irina is the only one who save his father.......well.....i hope that this make issei more focused in his training to develop his powers for the future........and we do not know.....maybe in this battle against Rizevim, issei find a clue about how negate his cancel to defeat him in the future.....

Not really if Issei defeats either one of them then it would be plain boring. Much like Volume 4, Issei can learn the difference in strength between him and the two and strive to lessen the gap, it's better than having Issei simply defeating them.

Still i wonder why i have been getting a feeling that the final battle of this arc might be: Issei vs Crom Cruach and Vali vs Rizevim.

WILD_LION
2014-05-17, 20:22
Not really if Issei defeats either one of them then it would be plain boring. Much like Volume 4, Issei can learn the difference in strength between him and the two and strive to lessen the gap, it's better than having Issei simply defeating them.

Still i wonder why i have been getting a feeling that the final battle of this arc might be: Issei vs Crom Cruach and Vali vs Rizevim.

WE DO NOT KNOW........the possibilities are infinite, currently in VOL 17, was mentioned by code-zero tht Sirzechs Lucifer is planning to confront Rizevim......we need to wait..

Tbolt
2014-05-17, 21:31
Fight me. I may be able to find the future the Dragon’s must head to after defeating you. ――Evil Dragon Crom Cruach.

Its just pure speculation but.

Since Crom is looking for the Dragons future path, what if Ise then beats Crom or fights him to a draw but in the fight Crom see's Ise's drive to keep standing up and keep moving forward.
Crom then see's that is how the Dragons will move forward and Crom becomes friends with Ise.

kusabireika
2014-05-17, 21:38
Fight me. I may be able to find the future the Dragon’s must head to after defeating you. ――Evil Dragon Crom Cruach.

Since Crom is looking for the Dragons future path, what if Ise then beats Crom or fights him to a draw but in the fight Crom see's Ise's drive to keep standing up and keep moving forward.
Crom then see's that is how the Dragons will move forward and Crom becomes friends with Ise.

still crom is an evil dragon so there will be psychotic personality involve in worse way possible, I guess i could say that he will hunt his future sparring partner in the future stealing him from vali :heh:

WILD_LION
2014-05-17, 22:26

Well...mmmm.....is difficult to think that something like that will happen......BUT NOT IMPOSSIBLE........maybe in the end of the battle Crom Cruach.accept issei and before death he give issei part of his Powers of Dragon(And maybe his habilities, we still do not know Crom Cruach habilities)..........well.....in the end we need to wait...

InfinityDragonGod
2014-05-17, 22:33
Well...mmmm.....is difficult to think that something like that will happen......BUT NOT IMPOSSIBLE........maybe in the end of the battle Crom Cruach.accept issei and before death he give issei part of his Powers of Dragon(And maybe his habilities, we still do not know Crom Cruach habilities)..........well.....in the end we need to wait...

Maybe Crom Cruach might secretly teach Ise how to use full dragonification at will without much side effects and he can change back to human form.

aw454wtr
2014-05-18, 00:58
still crom is an evil dragon so there will be psychotic personality involve in worse way possible, I guess i could say that he will hunt his future sparring partner in the future stealing him from vali :heh:

Crom maybe be classified as an evil dragon, but from what i've read of him in vol 16, he seems different, his quite level headed if he was psychotic he'd be more like grendel, prehaps crom could end up being a neutral party in this arc, someone who is only following rizeviem but has his own agenda

in terms of power crom could be on the same level as rizeviem and it did not seem that rizeviem has full control over crom as he left romania on his own accord before rizeviem left

DOmus
2014-05-18, 01:04
Since the kusanagi no tsurugi is related with snakes, maybe a reincarnated yamato no orochi will come wielding it, or maybe susanoo will show up(since we have not seen any japanese god) and in the last case the father of irina or some new character.
So, anyone know if we would have more pics in this volume or just 2 or 3 as the last ones??

jopjopjop
2014-05-18, 01:22
Since the kusanagi no tsurugi is related with snakes, maybe a reincarnated yamato no orochi will come wielding it, or maybe susanoo will show up(since we have not seen any japanese god) and in the last case the father of irina or some new character.
So, anyone know if we would have more pics in this volume or just 2 or 3 as the last ones??

It couldn't be yamato no orochi since the description of the wielder is an avenger and he would get rid of all the supernatural beings. Meaning, he's most probably a human.

DocBernax2814
2014-05-18, 01:26

First of all, thank for the info!!! (Next volume is goin to be good)

Second, I knew it!! Kusanagi is going to appear in this story!!! (So exited to know who's the wielder, seem like some sort of zealot)

Third, what a Christmas for Issei!!!

On a totally unrelated issue, have you guys seen Godzilla? The movie is awesome!!! Seriously, I recommend this movie. You're going to like it.

sky black swordman
2014-05-18, 05:46
It couldn't be yamato no orochi since the description of the wielder is an avenger and he would get rid of all the supernatural beings. Meaning, he's most probably a human.Speaking of this avenger, wasn't there an synopsis of volume 18 that said priests and or exorcists were mysteriously disappearing all around the world? Or something along these lines. This avenger maybe a relative of one these priests or exorcists that has disappeared.

On a totally unrelated issue, have you guys seen Godzilla? The movie is awesome!!! Seriously, I recommend this movie. You're going to like it.I have plans to watch it sometime this month.

aw454wtr
2014-05-18, 06:15
if irina's parents do show up, wonder how they would take to ise as he is a devil now

jopjopjop
2014-05-18, 06:30
They probably know Issei's status so there won't be animosity between Issei and his parents just because he's a Devil.

Chris38
2014-05-18, 07:20
^ Yeah, but like Rossweisse's grandmother example has proven ... the family / parents meeting can always cause some tensions to appear.

Although they will probably be unrelated to the fact that Ise is a Devil, but more related with the relationship that he has with Irina.

After all ... we haven't learned yet, what kind of explanation Irina has given to her parents,as the reason why she is living in Ise's house. :p

kusabireika
2014-05-18, 07:35
^ you forgotten barakiel :3 he is against at issei at first due to azazel :heh:

jopjopjop
2014-05-18, 08:22
After all ... we haven't learned yet, what kind of explanation Irina has given to her parents,as the reason why she is living in Ise's house. :p

Simple. The same reason he gave to the ORC why she enrolled in the Kuoh Academy. As a representative from the Heaven.

aw454wtr
2014-05-18, 08:42
Simple. The same reason he gave to the ORC why she enrolled in the Kuoh Academy. As a representative from the Heaven.

question is as Christians would they approve of irina joining a harem, wouldn't that be considered against their religious teachings

another factor is while the leaders in heaven have no issues with an alliance with devils, other members of the churchs or low level angels in heaven may not be so accepting of it due to resentment from the previous war

there could be tension between irina's parents and ise due to him becoming a devil

jopjopjop
2014-05-18, 08:52
Is Irina joining a harem a big deal when even the leader of their religion is finding a way for Angels and Devils to have an offspring?

And if not for Issei and the Devils, Irina wouldn't have become the Ace of Michael where her status jumped from an Excalibur wielder that can be replaced to a member of Michael's Brave Saint and respected in their whole religion. Even Issei, Xenovia, and Asia are surprised when they saw how the agents of the Church respect Irina when they observed Irina's work.

ReaperxKingx
2014-05-18, 08:54

Cannot be that simple, every parent that Issei has met all had some kind of problem. Regardless if it is small like Azazel providing a match and lighter fluid on his relationship like he did with Akeno towards the complicated Rossweisse's little lie to avoid worrying her grandmother. One way or another, there is no parent that would not have some reservation on their daughter's partner.

jopjopjop
2014-05-18, 08:57
Cannot be that simple, every parent that Issei has met all had some kind of problem. Regardless if it is small like Azazel providing a match and lighter fluid on his relationship like he did with Akeno towards the complicated Rossweisse's little lie to avoid worrying her grandmother. One way or another, there is no parent that would not have some reservation on their daughter's partner.

Barakiel's is just a simple case of naivete. And in Rose's, there's no problem with Gondul and she approved their relationship.

ReaperxKingx
2014-05-18, 09:06
Barakiel's is just a simple case of naivete. And in Rose's, there's no problem with Gondul and she approved their relationship.

Yes, but there has to be a conflict with Issei and the parent otherwise the enthusiasm and enjoyment for the readers will be gone. Even with Barakiel and Gondur, no matter if it was small or naivete, there has to be a reason. Gondur, even though she gave the approval, it put Issei in a tough spot.

As a matter of fact, it is usually the father who has the most opposition to a daughter's partner strictly speaking in Japanese culture.

Tbolt
2014-05-18, 11:46
Now Gondur and Barakiel hooking up as a couple would be insanely funny.

Ise has one hing that has always been in his favor when dealing with the people in his life, and that is he by luck or design is able to save they.

And sometimes he doesn't even know it, like with Sairaorg Bael's mother.

So we can look forward to good things from Ise and the trouble he has to save his friends and family.

Ruki0089
2014-05-18, 22:14
Holy Sh##, I cant wait for this one

The paradise all of you are living in is the result of the world that sacrificed many things-

High school D×D 18

Please give me the power to save my dad……to save everyone……! ――Shidou Irina
Me : New Power!!!! Irina power up!!! What kind of crazy power she had now~!!:D

So you must be Irina’s father. Indeed, you certainly do resemble her. ――Xenovia
Irina’s father who suddenly came for a visit. However, he was about to get dragged into the incident—.
Me : Xenovia never meet irina father???:confused:

We will now announce the new president and the new vice-president of the ORC. –Himejima Akeno

Finally the ORC will resume once again with the newly organized system!
Me : Ise and Kiba will become next president and vice president??:confused:

I don’t mind dying for my comrades. Though I won’t get killed without putting up a fight. ――Kiba Yuuto

The promised made by the Gremory boys’ makes their resolution clear.
Me : Death flag???:confused: its just me or Kiba always say something that raised death flag?? though he never dead...:heh:

I do feel bad for using up Ise-sama’s private time as his manager, but this is all for Ise-sama! ――Ravel Phoenix

The capable manager becomes more strict in order to manage the schedule.
Me : Wow, Ravel-chan getting more strict....

If we don’t take back Agreas, the Underworld will be in midst of chaos. Something which can cause that to happen is in there. –Maou Sirzechs Lucifer

Ajuka Beelzebub’s group that was in charge of Agreas’s hidden secret was something they couldn’t make public about.
Me : What kind of secret they must hid from public???

I-I know about it! For X-mas in Japan, you have to give yourself to the man you have a liking to as a present! ――Asia Argento

The wrong knowledge given by Kiryuu still functions even in the end of the year.
Me : Asia-chan~~~, you sure more daring now~~~:heh:

The Heaven will use those techniques to make the baby making between Angels and Devils possible! ――Azazel

The girl that was called the self-proclaimed Angel was eager to do this.
Me : Azazel, are you also helping searching the way to making baby between Angels and Devils???

Ufufu, everyone. For the great Christmas strategy, please do your best. ――The most beautiful woman in Heaven, Serapah Gabriel

Ise-s evil desire starts to boil up while having the most beautiful woman in Heaven stand in front of him!
Me : Ise~~~, just use dress break~~~ Strip her naked~~~:heh:

We will be giving out presents during X-mas together with the Angels. ――Rias Gremory
It's decided for the Three Great Powers to work together to give present for the residents of Kuou’s town as a gratitude!

Me : ~~~~No comment for this on:heh:

Santa won’t come to erotic children. ―Toujou Koneko
That information was very shocking for Hyoudou Issei.

Me : So Ise want santa present???:heh:

I see, so you prefer Santa with short skirt, Ise-kun? I see…… ――Rossweisse

Her passion towards research also showed in that aspect.

Me : Rossweisse, you sure act like maiden in love now!!!:heh:

This sure is interesting! Your destruction and my barrier, let’s have a battle to decided which one is stronger! ――Evil Dragon Laddon

The “Ruin-Princess” and the “Barrier and Sealing Dragon:. The absolute destruction and the absolute defense clashes!

Me : Holy mother~~~, Rias Vs Laddon~! The absolute destruction and the absolute defense clashes!!!

The circumstance this region had in the past seems like it is deeper than we can imagine. ――Sister Griselda
That was a forbidden incident that only a portion of the people in the Church’s main headquarter knew about.

Me : forbidden incident??? there is another forbidden incident in past???

It has been a while, Lilin. ――I won’t show mercy to you.――Chief of Angels, Michael

The highest rank Seraph showed no mercy to that person.

Me : Finally, Michael meets Rizevim... so they do know each other

《Bring it on! I will even take on close-combat! Except, don’t think you will bebfne after this!》――Gasper Vladi
For him who gets the strongest impression from Hyoudou Issei, he wields his knuckle as the Gremory boy.

Me : gasper start getting more manly than before now....

Fight me. I may be able to find the future the Dragon’s must head to after defeating you. ――Evil Dragon Crom Cruach
The one who is called the strongest Evil Dragon tries to get in contact with Hyoudou Issei’s possibility!

Me : Holy~!~~~~Sh##... Crom Cruach want to know more about Ise.... Seems ise get another gay harem member....

Even that man is burning up his passion towards the rivalry he has towards Hyoudou Issei.

Me : Ise and Caocao reunion... gay reunion...

I can’t all you to do as you like further than this. Well, I am the leader after all. ――Joker Dulio

Ufufun♪ It sure seems interesting!To be able to burn an Angel with my Cross! ――Purple Flame Valburga

The man who is called the strongest reincarnated Angel and the woman who is in possession of the Holy Relic clashes!

Me : Dulio vs Valburga!!! another longinus possesor clash~!!

This is the meeting that occurred within the town of Kuou.

Even if it was a forbidden thing――.

We certainly did meet each other――.

Our souls will be saved if we kill all of you!

Now then, disappear, Supernatural beings that had formed an alliance in this cursed town!
――The Revenger that carries the Ama-no-Murakumo no Tsurugi

Me : Who are you.... Ama-no-Murakumo no Tsurugi wielder... are you enemy??

I won’t allow you to kill my dad, and my comrades!

So please lend me all of your strength! My new power! And also Xenovia, Asia-san, and Ise-kun!

――Michael’s Ace, Shidou Irina

Me : Irina fighting Ama-no-Murakumo no Tsurugi wielder???

Uhyahyahyahaya!

Dance, and dance more.

Seriously, the Devils and the Heaven sure are carrying a nuisance things with them♪

――The leader of Qlippoth, Rizevim Livan Lucifer

Me : They finaly clash!!!! I cant wait for this one!!!:D
------------------------------------------------------------------------

――This is something that happened several years before Hyoudou Issei and Rias Gremory met.

――The story of another Longinus that happened in a certain place.

That may have been a dream or illusion for him. But it certainly is left there within his memory when he was a child.
 ――It was a back Angel.
 The man who had black wings sprout from his back. The man then says it while finding it amusing.

The story of the 『Dog』will be unleashed—.
Me : Is this Slash dog story before he awaken his longinus???:confused:
Well, who care about it~! Its coool~~~

Always86
2014-05-19, 02:25
Ise and Irena's relationship is important to the Church as a whole. It's a symbol of the peace treaty working. Any child they have would be a final proof of a lasting peace being possible. Ise has proven over and over he is a reliable supporter of the alliance he is a renowned hero in the under world (and presumably heaven) plus he's Irena's child hood friend. I think he/ their relationship are just about as acceptable to her dad as any could be. (Perhaps not if he is aware of the Harem side of things)

Just a thought, what if they had Twins, an angel and a devil. Or would we see a Holy Demonic baby like Kiba's sword. what if their baby was the reborn God?

Kutra
2014-05-19, 03:17
Irina's father should already know Ise, since those two are childhood friends

Soji
2014-05-19, 03:45
Always86@Agree. That's why will be interesting to see what will happen in the future.

Kutra@ Of course he know him but we don't know if her father know about Isse being a Devil or better Humanoid Dragon/devil hybrid.

jopjopjop
2014-05-19, 03:55
He's an exorcist that will be entering a place protected or being governed by the Alliance. So, he should know who are the big shots residing in that place especially since they are Devils and their former enemies.

Poodicus
2014-05-19, 03:59
question is as Christians would they approve of irina joining a harem, wouldn't that be considered against their religious teachings

Regardless of what you hear in the mainstream nowadays, Biblical marriage is actually polygamy. So in a strange sort of way, Issei is actually following the ways of the bible without actually realizing it in that sense.

Soji
2014-05-19, 05:00
jopjopjop@ Good point I don't thought about this. Still will be interesting to see how he will act.

Poodicus@ Kinda ironic if you ask me, especially if we think of what he is.

Although I have to admit that I'm curios about the "forbidden incident".

aw454wtr
2014-05-19, 08:50
Ise and Irena's relationship is important to the Church as a whole. It's a symbol of the peace treaty working. Any child they have would be a final proof of a lasting peace being possible. Ise has proven over and over he is a reliable supporter of the alliance he is a renowned hero in the under world (and presumably heaven) plus he's Irena's child hood friend. I think he/ their relationship are just about as acceptable to her dad as any could be. (Perhaps not if he is aware of the Harem side of things)

Just a thought, what if they had Twins, an angel and a devil. Or would we see a Holy Demonic baby like Kiba's sword. what if their baby was the reborn God?

Even if they have twins, both of them would inherit 50-50 genes from both parents so a half angel-half devil child is guaranteed

The fact that the current ruling maou's are not blood descendents do show that gods are not born, they are made surely in the future Michael or some other angel will rise up to take the mantle of god

DocBernax2814
2014-05-19, 11:32
Even if they have twins, both of them would inherit 50-50 genes from both parents so a half angel-half devil child is guaranteed

They're going to be holy demonic infinite illusion dragons!!

The fact that the current ruling maou's are not blood descendents do show that gods are not born, they are made surely in the future Michael or some other angel will rise up to take the mantle of god

Not quite sure that Michael will some day step down as the boss.

aw454wtr
2014-05-19, 12:16
They're going to be holy demonic infinite illusion dragons!!

Not quite sure that Michael will some day step down as the boss.

If some angel gets a sign or shows major potential to be leader michael will let him take over,

if michael wanted to he could just name himself god right now, but he does not do that probably because he either feels he is not worthy or that someone will rise up heaven's ranks and become the "chosen one" to be the next god

who knows dulio could end up being god, stranger things have happened already in DxD

DOmus
2014-05-19, 16:35
About the future baby of irina and issei, it will end being a dragonic nephilim (since they are an angel and a devil)

Royalknightftw
2014-05-19, 16:49
@Domus The way i see it, issei will create a new race which is a Humanoid Dragon

Futon Lord
2014-05-19, 23:00
Issei's children will certainly have many attributes. Issei alone gives Devil and Dragon. Aside from that, confirmed are Angel, Fallen Angel, Valkyrie, and Nekomata.

kusabireika
2014-05-20, 03:00
Issei's children will certainly have many attributes. Issei alone gives Devil and Dragon. Aside from that, confirmed are Angel, Fallen Angel, Valkyrie, and Nekomata.

^ Kitsune ?????

jopjopjop
2014-05-20, 03:32

Valkyrie is a job, not a genetic trait.

lived_1714
2014-05-20, 07:30

But isn't like, Rossweisse is still a demigod?

Soji
2014-05-20, 11:37
^She is.
At least this is what I remember that was stated in the ln.

Newhope
2014-05-20, 11:56

Don't know about DXD but real world Valkyrie are minor deities so if it follows real legends then yes it would be genetic.

amtro
2014-05-20, 13:27
False Gods and divine reincarnations? Man these volumes are getting awfully heritical as of late.
I am keen to know just who this person is however. If it's Issei I'm gonna be pissed.

DOmus
2014-05-20, 17:50

I think they are born with the traits of a valkyrie, but they have to go to special academies to train and polish that power

kusabireika
2014-05-20, 18:01
How about hybrid grim reapers they are also Demi God/Goddess right?

DOmus
2014-05-20, 18:06
About this book, anyone know if it will come out in a special edition(with a BD of an extra cap)? , since we didnt see one in LN 17 to know if a 3 season will come, this is kinda the last hope of the year

G147
2014-05-20, 18:09
About this book, anyone know if it will come out in a special edition(with a BD of an extra cap)? , since we didnt see one in LN 17 to know if a 3 season will come, this is kinda the last hope of the year

Ahh no. It's just the usual book only.

Gary29
2014-05-20, 18:42

Volume 19 would most likely be out around late October 2014 (going by Ishibumi's current rate of publishing volumes), so we may get mention of a season 3 then if not in volume 18. It's not as if there must be an OVA announced before season 3 is.

G147
2014-05-20, 19:18
Well there's the issue with 2 consecutive SS Volume which caused the sales to decrease last year, so there probably won't be any SS Volume so soon. And then there's Ishibumi's intention on reviving Slash/Dog, so it'll probably put back the anime even more since if they announce a Season 3 now, no one would pay attention on the revived Slash/Dog. So in the end, i don't think we'll be having news on Season 3 so soon.

Tbolt
2014-05-20, 19:34
How about hybrid grim reapers they are also Demi God/Goddess right?

Yes you are right Bennia is a Demigod.

DOmus
2014-05-20, 19:42
Well there's the issue with 2 consecutive SS Volume which caused the sales to decrease last year, so there probably won't be any SS Volume so soon. And then there's Ishibumi's intention on reviving Slash/Dog, so it'll probably put back the anime even more since if they announce a Season 3 now, no one would pay attention on the revived Slash/Dog. So in the end, i don't think we'll be having news on Season 3 so soon.

I think that the revival of Slash/Dog will be included in the DxD book itself for some time, like some back in time memories due to some events at the current story line, and then maybe will come out alone after DxD end.

The season 1 of DxD came out around march and the 2 came around july, so if we dont have a BD in this book, maybe in the book 19 (around october, november maybe)we will, and following that a season 3 would come out around march of 2015(sadly cause i dont like to wait).

kusabireika
2014-05-20, 19:48
Yes you are right Bennia is a Demigod.

I think there are different breed of demi god/goddess

Well if bennia fall in love with issei there child will have power related to soul/death and power of infinite dragon + dragon of dream

For Ross I guess there child will be female like Nekomata from what I remember valkyrie are female warriors?

So I guess depend who is your god/goddess parent you can inherit there power, like the devil clans have ...

G147
2014-05-20, 20:43
I think that the revival of Slash/Dog will be included in the DxD book itself for some time, like some back in time memories due to some events at the current story line, and then maybe will come out alone after DxD end.

The season 1 of DxD came out around march and the 2 came around july, so if we dont have a BD in this book, maybe in the book 19 (around october, november maybe)we will, and following that a season 3 would come out around march of 2015(sadly cause i dont like to wait).

No, Slash/Dog would be a separate work. After all it's a completely different story unrelated to DxD, only similarities is that it take place in the same world. Also each LN volume has about a certain fix amount pages, if Ishibumi puts two stories into one novel then it would mean that he'll have to cut down pages from DxD to do so.

jopjopjop
2014-05-20, 22:05
Don't know why Ishibumi is fixated in making SLASH/DOG work :|

Probably he's seeing the end of DxD is near so he's making some insurance and making it now for it to ride the popularity of DxD.

sunsengnim
2014-05-20, 22:51

Probably he's seeing the end of DxD is near so he's making some insurance and making it now for it to ride the popularity of DxD.

it's nowhere near its end! he's probably just doing slash/dog because he wants something else to write whenever he'd like to take a break from DxD?

at least that's what im hoping honestly i have no desire to even look up slash/dog since Highschool DxD has ruined everything else for me since it's so good everything else is just so bad...

so i really hope your wrong about this.

Tbolt
2014-05-21, 01:24
It could be that he has received a high volume of requests for more slash/dog stories since he has been in the spot light so much in DxD.

Royalknightftw
2014-05-21, 01:49

Ukh, i don't want to see this series comes to an end. There are so many things in DxD world that can be explored and i think i don't like the SLASH/DOG work

Royalknightftw
2014-05-21, 02:16
Wonder if vol17 is selling well ???

Newhope
2014-05-21, 06:53
Wonder if vol17 is selling well ???

Over 60k copies last I heard which is very good sales for a Light novel.

I doubt DXD is ending any time soon.

aw454wtr
2014-05-21, 09:58
the first sign of DxD ending would obviously be shiva being introduced as a integral character to a particular arc

Gary29
2014-05-21, 10:40
Story arc 4 isn't even near its climax yet, and we still have story arc 5 to enjoy after this (which, going by Ishibumi's pattern of making each story arc longer than the previous one, is gonna be quite long). DxD won't end anytime soon.

DocBernax2814
2014-05-21, 15:40
Story arc 4 isn't even near its climax yet, and we still have story arc 5 to enjoy after this (which, going by Ishibumi's pattern of making each story arc longer than the previous one, is gonna be quite long). DxD won't end anytime soon.

I toast for that!!

Cheers!!

Anyway, with volume 18 so close, any wild guess about how the battle in heaven will be played?

What kind of powers will the triumph cards display?

And how will the battles progress?

My guess, a gigantic all-out melee with several dragons battling the armies of the heaven.

WILD_LION
2014-05-21, 15:46
For the things that i read in ishibumi-sensei twitter, it seems that his NEW WORK is related with DxD Universe, more specifically is about Vali, Grigori and Slash-Dog, it seems that the story follow how Vali and Slash-Dog when they were kids and how they grow up in Grigori, before Issei and Rias meet each other .........but i do not know if this means that DxD is near of an END..........I hope NO, NEVER......but i do not know what will happen in the future.........Well, this are the comments in his twitter:

ヴァーリくん13歳も物語に絡む予定です。やんちゃ坊主の弟キャラとして出すつもりなので、ヴァーリファン はしばしお待ちくださいませ。

詳しい話は、時期が来ましたら改めてお知らせ致します。いずれ、D×Dようにブログで特報も打つつもりです 。

新作はハイスクールD×Dみたいに現代異能系バトルファンタジーになると思います。エロコメなシーンもあり ますが、D×Dよりもシリアス寄りになります。D×Dの世界観、設定を共有していて、D×Dでは描ききれな い面を補完していきたいですね。D×Dのキャラも登場させる予定です。

ドラマガで発表されましたが、富士見書房さんが来月20日に無料web小説レーベル「ファンタジアBeyo nd」を開設されます。私もそこで新作を連載ということになりました! 詳しくはまだお話できませんが、D ×Dと同一世界の物語です。アザゼル、ヴァーリくん13歳などが登場します。

Soji
2014-05-21, 16:23
^Just because Ishibumi-Sensei this don't mean that Hs dxd is closer to the end.

Just look at Akame Ga kill! the story still a long way to go(from what I can see) and we already have a spin-off prequel with Akame ga Kiru:zero.

This new work about Vali and the other is the same a prequel that give us more information about the backstory of High School Dxd (at least this is what I think).

Still will be interesting to read more about them.

jopjopjop
2014-05-21, 16:32
If I understood it correctly, SLASH/DOG will be a free web novel that is a part of Fujimi Shobo's new project.

DOmus
2014-05-21, 17:34
Maybe the spin off of vali will help to clarify/give us a better look to how the relationship with his father and grandpa started to crumble, or to fill some holes in the background history; and kinda an introduction to the new project of Slash/Dog

Somethindarker
2014-05-22, 04:01
Ishibumi said as soon as the Hindu gods start making appearances, only recently have they been getting mentioned in the story, the story is coming to it's 3rd and final act since those are the strongest beings in the story apart from Great Red and pre-nerf Ophis. Also Issei is starting his 3rd year soon so we got at least another 5-8 more volumes before we have to worry about the end.

Royalknightftw
2014-05-22, 04:11
@Docbernax I would really like to see michael and uriel in action since we haven't seen their power
@somethingdarker Well lets just hope those hindu GODS start making their appearance faaaaar away in the future since i REALLY don't want to see this series comes to an end

Somethindarker
2014-05-22, 05:02
@somethingdarker Well lets just hope those hindu GODS start making their appearance faaaaar away in the future since i REALLY don't want to see this series comes to an end

I do. I'd love to see College DxD or Millicas DxD. Issei's lack of evolution(maturity/intelligence wise) is starting to get to me.

Gary29
2014-05-22, 08:10
I do. I'd love to see College DxD or Millicas DxD. Issei's lack of evolution(maturity/intelligence wise) is starting to get to me.

That's a little bit ironic, considering the peak of Ise's denseness was between volumes 5 - 10 and by now he's not really dense anymore and quite intelligent as well.

Arararagi-kun
2014-05-22, 09:18
Well one thing we know for certain about the ending is that it has to be after Ise has sex with Rias :D.

sunsengnim
2014-05-22, 14:27

there's no confirmation if he'd even do them if he finishes with Highschool DxD so don't shout for the end that loudly you're most likely gonna be sorely dissapointed.

Issei has matured ALLOT since the start and he's gonna keep growing and honestly im quite happy with how he's growing so i don't know what you actually want here...
he's more mature and intelligent then most harem mc's so im really baffled about what you said.

jopjopjop
2014-05-22, 14:41
For the past Volumes, Issei doesn't have nosebleeds anymore in situations he definitely would have if it happened earlier in the series. (Don't know if that counts as maturity :heh:)

Direwolf18
2014-05-22, 16:31
I am sooooooo glad he doesn't nose bleed anymore. Not only is it cleche but wow its annoying.

DocBernax2814
2014-05-22, 16:34
For the past Volumes, Issei doesn't have nosebleeds anymore in situations he definitely would have if it happened earlier in the series. (Don't know if that counts as maturity :heh:)

It means that he is less lecherous?

Or seeing many naked girls has become so normal for him that no longer gets exited?

I just hope that with maturity comes a little more brain. He need to use more strategy. Blunt force is not always the solution.

Gary29
2014-05-22, 17:17
It means that he is less lecherous?

Or seeing many naked girls has become so normal for him that no longer gets exited?

I just hope that with maturity comes a little more brain. He need to use more strategy. Blunt force is not always the solution.

It's not that he doesn't get excited, it's just that it's become a normal thing for him and he doesn't become insanely stimulated like he used to (which is a good thing).

He's actually becoming quite strategical now, as shown in his battle with Euclid in volume 16 (and the untranslated part of volume 17, for that matter). He just needs to use his brain power more. Learning human magic would help him with that substantially.

Royalknightftw
2014-05-22, 22:44
@Gary So true and i think issei will mature a lot from now on
@ Somethingdarker Ugh, Millicas is too OP and i don't like his character but if college DxD is still Issei as the main lead and the story is about Issei as a High class devil, Now that what i really want to see

Royalknightftw
2014-05-22, 22:45
Well one thing we know for certain about the ending is that it has to be after Ise has sex with Rias :D. No, not just Rias but all the girls in his harem list ;)

cyberdemon
2014-05-23, 16:37
No, not just Rias but all the girls in his harem list ;)

He has sex with Rias alone, then the rest of the girls come barging into the room, see what they did and start clamoring to be next while stripping down and piling on top of him. lol

DragoMuseveni
2014-05-24, 15:22
That for sure now matter how strong is issei , will make him nosebleeding .

Soji
2014-05-24, 16:12
He wanted a harem, now he needs to face the consequence of that wish.XD

It's not that he doesn't get excited, it's just that it's become a normal thing for him and he doesn't become insanely stimulated like he used to (which is a good thing).

He's actually becoming quite strategical now, as shown in his battle with Euclid in volume 16 (and the untranslated part of volume 17, for that matter). He just needs to use his brain power more. Learning human magic would help him with that substantially.
Agree and I pretty sure that we will see more from now on.

GBFirestorm
2014-05-24, 17:35

Yeah but just how much more? Don't forget the author wanted to go for a different and dumb hero and that is what we got. If Issei starts using his brain too much it would be kind of a bad thing. That being said it is about time Issei got smarter, used his brain and used magic to make up for his lack of demonic power. Guess it all depends on how far his character growth will go but if he wants to be a king and high/ultimate class devil he seriously needs to develop his brain. The ground work has been laid where Issei has had to take charge before and maybe getting named as occult research club president or vice president might happen. Then again they would probably be scared of him chasing all the girls and abusing his position lol

Gary29
2014-05-24, 18:41
Yeah but just how much more? Don't forget the author wanted to go for a different and dumb hero and that is what we got. If Issei starts using his brain too much it would be kind of a bad thing. That being said it is about time Issei got smarter, used his brain and used magic to make up for his lack of demonic power. Guess it all depends on how far his character growth will go but if he wants to be a king and high/ultimate class devil he seriously needs to develop his brain. The ground work has been laid where Issei has had to take charge before and maybe getting named as occult research club president or vice president might happen. Then again they would probably be scared of him chasing all the girls and abusing his position lol

Well, he's become a lot more popular at school than he was originally, so I wonder how many people would actually worry about that now :heh:

Anyway, Ishibumi said that 16 volumes ago, and back then that's exactly what Ise was. He was lecherous beyond belief, he didn't use his brain often, and he didn't have very many friends. But character development changed all of that. Of course, Ise won't become a genius of sorts, but will he become more intelligent (particularly in the use of magic, since that's the only area he lacks in) and actually use his brain more? Yes. Like you pointed out, his goals demand that of him.

jopjopjop
2014-05-24, 19:07
I don't think Issei using his brain a LOT would be good since that would reduce the importance of Ravel in his side.

His current state is good enough (maybe add a little more) where he can now process new information during battle and use that to his advantage.

GrrDraxin
2014-05-24, 19:35
On The Fly Tactician.... That may be where he can shine most. Though he should take some serious lessons from Sona in strategy for pre-battle preparation, but when those plans fail, he may be able to improvise better than Sona or any other character could.

lived_1714
2014-05-24, 20:47
Using for battle only different from using brain for politic thing and money management, Issei's good at tactics in combat is good enough for him, everything else? He has his harem to cover it.

aw454wtr
2014-05-24, 22:38
Hopefully Ise does not get too smart in battle

Flashy fights with brute power is more fun to read(watch if animated) then tactical slow fights where characters spend 90% of the fight talking, staring at their enemy waiting for someone to make a mistake before acting

sunsengnim
2014-05-24, 22:46
Issei only needs "battle smarts" hes got the girls to take care of everything else.
since if Issei starts becoming yagami light from death note or tatsuya shiba from mahouka or w/e intelligent godlike being it would mean less screen time for the girls to shine and it would become boring since it doesn't fit this series.

i prefer the hot blooded Issei anyway he needs to burn full of passion letting him become cold/calculating/etc would just ruin it all in my opinion and since the girls mostly fell in love with his passionate side it would kind of be really awkward.

Tbolt
2014-05-24, 22:59
To sum it up Ise has Ravel to do the tactical planning and if everything goes right Ise will just manage the battle, but if something unexpected happens Ise has the ability now to make snap decisions.

And we have seen that ability grow since the Kyoto trip when he really took charge, and then later not allowing Xenovia to kill Diodora Astaroth so he is maturing and that will make him handle the girls better.

kusabireika
2014-05-24, 23:13
I do wonder what will powerup issei gain in vol 18 X__X

I hope Vali also gain a powerup too if its ok :T_T:

Royalknightftw
2014-05-24, 23:33
@kusabireika If only Vali could maintain his EJOD for hours i believe he would be undefeatable
@Tbolt I totally agree with you :)

aw454wtr
2014-05-24, 23:55
@kusabireika If only Vali could maintain his EJOD for hours i believe he would be undefeatable
@Tbolt I totally agree with you :)

vali keeping ejod for that long would be too op, by the end of the series Ise has to end up stronger than vali, (being the main character and all)

making vali have EJOD for hours would mean Ise would have to be elevated to great red's level, and that would endup turning DxD's power levels into dragon ball Z power levels where everyone can easily blow up planets

Tbolt
2014-05-25, 00:12
Ise and Vali are not going to fight, Ise is just going to put his arm around Vali and tell him come on buddy I'll buy you a beer and a hooker and lets call it a day. :naughty:

Poodicus
2014-05-25, 00:18
^

I'm up for that. Will it have Blackjack as well?

Royalknightftw
2014-05-25, 00:38
@aw454tr Yeah you are right, vali's blood and talent has made him OP already so another power up for him is a no no
@poodicus Count me in as well :). What about poker ?? Turn vali into a woman by a "Gender bender gun" and issei will beat vali hundred times over

aw454wtr
2014-05-25, 00:50
Ise and Vali are not going to fight, Ise is just going to put his arm around Vali and tell him come on buddy I'll buy you a beer and a hooker and lets call it a day. :naughty:

LOL

but seriously the last volume most likely will feature ise and vali's fight to the death, it is something that has been heavily implied from vol 3 and would leave the end of the series anti-climatic without that fight, it would be like transformers armada without the optimus vs megatron final battle

kusabireika
2014-05-25, 01:01
@aw454tr Yeah you are right, vali's blood and talent has made him OP already so another power up for him is a no no
@poodicus Count me in as well :). What about poker ?? Turn vali into a woman by a "Gender bender gun" and issei will beat vali hundred times over

Still I'm wishing for vali to attain ddraig hidden power for himself you might never know that his ddraig power can help ejod in someway or another :x

G147
2014-05-25, 01:04

.....Issei who has a body made from Great Red is actually making Vali's lineage look plain. :heh:
Also Vali would probably be getting a power-up in Volume 18.

Tbolt
2014-05-25, 01:12
Beer Hookers and Gambling if Vali doesn't go for that Ise will turn into Great RedIse and just stomp him into a mud puddle.

Remember what happens in the underworld stays in the underworld. :D

Poodicus
2014-05-25, 01:22
^

In fact, forget the beer and gambling! Ise will still stomp on him.

kusabireika
2014-05-25, 01:24
^ or him and issei will go out lovely date to the death :heehee:

Soji
2014-05-25, 03:59
LOL

but seriously the last volume most likely will feature ise and vali's fight to the death, it is something that has been heavily implied from vol 3 and would leave the end of the series anti-climatic without that fight, it would be like transformers armada without the optimus vs megatron final battle

Fight? Yes. But I don't think that they will fight to death, really I can't see them doing that anymore.

Also, they are different from their predecessors, no to mention that both Ddraig and Albion are in peace now.

I mean, the whole reason that Ise can use Albion power is because the two dragons are finally stop with their fight.

Royalknightftw
2014-05-25, 04:13
@Soji Just because they are in peace does not mean they don't want to fight to death, seriously it would be interesting to see one of them ends up dead in their final fight.

TheCuriousFan
2014-05-25, 04:37
.....Issei who has a body made from Great Red is actually making Vali's lineage look plain. :heh:
Also Vali would probably be getting a power-up in Volume 18.

IIRC it has been confirmed that he will be getting a powerup in volume 18.

*goes to check*

EDIT: He will be getting a new ability.

Rokumonsen
2014-05-25, 05:14
Just caught up.

When's the volume release date?

Chris38
2014-05-25, 05:39
Just caught up.

When's the volume release date?

Volume 18 is going to be released on June 20, 2014.

jopjopjop
2014-05-25, 06:32
IIRC it has been confirmed that he will be getting a powerup in volume 18.

*goes to check*

EDIT: He will be getting a new ability.

Are you saying that because of the ???? in Ishibumi's list? If so, that doesn't confirm that he will have a power up in Volume 18.

That ???? is already there, IIRC, as early as Volume 16. Also there are lots of other ???? that wouldn't be revealed in Volume 18.

TheCuriousFan
2014-05-25, 06:39
Are you saying that because of the ???? in Ishibumi's list? If so, that doesn't confirm that he will have a power up in Volume 18.

That ???? is already there, IIRC, as early as Volume 16. Also there are lots of other ???? that wouldn't be revealed in Volume 18.

Ah, I didn't know that.

G147
2014-05-25, 06:44

Actually the ???? was added after Volume 17, after Ishibumi named Issei's Dividing Fairy. Supposing if it's placed since Volume 16, it still means Vali is going to get a power-up regardless.

jopjopjop
2014-05-25, 07:37
^ But not in Volume 18. There's nothing that would say otherwise. If that being placed there means that it would be revealed the next Volume, that also means that we would see the Balance Breakers of Asia and Tsubaki.

aw454wtr
2014-05-25, 09:16
seriously does vali even need a new powerup when he cant maintain EJOD for more than a few minutes, even Ise can maintain true queen far longer than vali, which is why vali has the worst compatibility to fight cao cao (now way a fight with cao cao would be over in a few minutes)

Royalknightftw
2014-05-25, 13:46
@aw454wtr But if vali somehow touches Cao-cao in few seconds then it will be the end for cao-cao. Sun Wukong said that EJOD is more dangerous compared to Issei True Queen

bludvein
2014-05-25, 13:48
True, but EJOD has higher output. It's a tradeoff. You've also got the compatibility thing wrong. Cao Cao flat out says Vali would stomp him through sheer power with his silver armor.

Vali needs a powerup because Ise is about to get some god-mode powers, and there isn't that big of a gap between them to begin with. At the very least he should unlock the reflect power so he doesn't get left behind. It is Albion's ability to begin with.

Royalknightftw
2014-05-25, 13:49
Also Vali would probably be getting a power-up in Volume 18. Yeah, but the problem is Vali knows how to use his power much better than issei

jopjopjop
2014-05-25, 13:52
The interesting thing is the ???? is sandwiched between Divine Dividing and EJOD. Unlike Issei's where it was listed chronologically. (Except DWF since it came from DG)
4,『白龍皇の光翼』 -ディバイン・ディバイディング- 現所持者 ヴァーリ・ルシファー 「ヴァーリチ ーム」
――?????? <---
――白銀の極覇龍(エンピレオ・ジャガーノート・オーバードライブ)

The power up wold be probably a utility skill like DWF since it would be OP if Vali would have a more powerful form than EJOD which is already God-level.

GrrDraxin
2014-05-25, 17:13
I won't comment on the power-up part, because it's been done to death, but I will comment on a possible end-game situation for Ise and Vali.

I would like to think that Ise will eventually question Vali if he has any interest at all in women, specifically by presenting a collection of magazines of various genres including butt fetish magazines, some shoujo, and yaoi, and/or "all male" battle manga. All the while Ise has Kuroka there as well as any other potential love interest for Vali there, and ask if women interest him at all. He then has Vali choose one or more magazines of interest to vali, while Ise has Azazel's gender-swap gun behind him, with the intention of shooting vali with it should he choose the yaoi or battle manga. Ise would warn him as such that choosing a subject of the yaoi or all male battle type would result in Ise shooting Vali with the gun and then proceeding to battle/raping him personally.

The moral of the story; if Vali insists on not enjoying life as a man busy with pleasing women, he might as well live life as a woman busy with pleasing men.

bludvein
2014-05-25, 19:39
Wow, that's so offensive I don't know where to even start. Brilliant.

aw454wtr
2014-05-25, 21:10
@aw454wtr But if vali somehow touches Cao-cao in few seconds then it will be the end for cao-cao. Sun Wukong said that EJOD is more dangerous compared to Issei True Queen

True, but that is assuming vali can actually hit cao cao, remember that cao cao did defeat the entire gremory team+azazel+kuroka+vali without moving an inch, he can easily come up with a plan or strategy to make sure he can avoid vali till vali exhausts himself

If judge by the timeline

Vali most likely had been using his SG for many many years under the guidance of grigori and only recently got EJOD

Ise only became aware of BG several months ago, and now has true queen

In terms of potential vali might be nearing the end of his while Ise still has a long way to go before reaching his limits esp when taking the fact he is the blood relative to the two dragon gods into account at max potential Ise should be able to rival great red at least

jopjopjop
2014-05-25, 21:21
If judge by the timeline

Vali most likely had been using his SG for many many years under the guidance of grigori and only recently got EJOD

Ise only became aware of BG several months ago, and now has true queen

That's because Vali got that idea from Issei after Issei used True Queen. Not because he can't or has trouble attaining that form.

aw454wtr
2014-05-25, 21:22
I won't comment on the power-up part, because it's been done to death, but I will comment on a possible end-game situation for Ise and Vali.

I would like to think that Ise will eventually question Vali if he has any interest at all in women, specifically by presenting a collection of magazines of various genres including butt fetish magazines, some shoujo, and yaoi, and/or "all male" battle manga. All the while Ise has Kuroka there as well as any other potential love interest for Vali there, and ask if women interest him at all. He then has Vali choose one or more magazines of interest to vali, while Ise has Azazel's gender-swap gun behind him, with the intention of shooting vali with it should he choose the yaoi or battle manga. Ise would warn him as such that choosing a subject of the yaoi or all male battle type would result in Ise shooting Vali with the gun and then proceeding to battle/raping him personally.

The moral of the story; if Vali insists on not enjoying life as a man busy with pleasing women, he might as well live life as a woman busy with pleasing men.

Bikou might enjoy that:heh:

If vali is to get a powerup it surely will not be vol 18, its irina's volume, we would have to wait at least untill vol 20 which i assume would be vali's volume and the end of the arc before vali gets his powerup

kusabireika
2014-05-25, 21:50
Bikou might enjoy that:heh:

If vali is to get a powerup it surely will not be vol 18, its irina's volume, we would have to wait at least untill vol 20 which i assume would be vali's volume and the end of the arc before vali gets his powerup

Vali power-up need to touch something to bikou, arthur or issei to attain the said ability :heh:

Royalknightftw
2014-05-25, 22:34
Vali power-up need to touch something to bikou, arthur or issei to attain the said ability :heh:

Now Bikou will get his chance to become a Switch Prince heh :p

Royalknightftw
2014-05-25, 22:37

Haha, it really makes me wonder why the girls decided to seal that gun because that gun will do more good than harm in Issei's hand :D

darkofficer
2014-05-25, 22:41
Haha, it really makes me wonder why the girls decided to seal that gun because that gun will do more good than harm in Issei's hand :D

the strongest opponent off all

yumi(female kiba)

Tbolt
2014-05-25, 23:24
Man we have sunk to new lows not having anything new to talk about. :twitch:

aw454wtr
2014-05-25, 23:49
wonder what would happen to gasper if he got hit by the gender ray gun, I guess it might not even show any visible effects

any word is crom croch will play any role in vol 18? he was left out in vol 17

Royalknightftw
2014-05-26, 00:01
@Tbolt Well, you guys have discussed a LOT of things even as far as speculating what will happen in vol 18 and beyond :)
@darkofficer Thank god Yumi is in Issei's side :D
@aw454wtr Well, Crom cruach is supposed to fight Isse, but somehow i got the feeling that issei is gonna lose

I wonder what kind of apophis's ability ?? He hasn't appeared right ?

kusabireika
2014-05-26, 00:34
Man we have sunk to new lows not having anything new to talk about. :twitch:

^ because we already discuss, speculate and theorize what will happen to hs dxd right ^^? so we exhausted our mind unless vol 17 is fully translated or vol 18 has been release we are stuck in the same topic or no topic at all :heh:

Hokoga
2014-05-26, 01:15
wonder what would happen to gasper if he got hit by the gender ray gun, I guess it might not even show any visible effects

any word is crom croch will play any role in vol 18? he was left out in vol 17In vol 17 Crom Croch gave Issei and Sairaorg a pretty difficult time(even though it was 2 on 1) Then he got sealed up by Koneko(Shirone Mode) inside a broken off jewel of the [Boosted Gear]

kusabireika
2014-05-26, 01:17
In vol 17 Crom Croch gave Issei and Sairaorg a pretty difficult time(even though it was 2 on 1) Then he got sealed up by Koneko(Shirone Mode) inside a broken off jewel of the [Boosted Gear]

It was grendel not Crom Croch that was sealed in the gem correction :heh::heh:

Royalknightftw
2014-05-26, 01:46
In vol 17 Crom Croch gave Issei and Sairaorg a pretty difficult time(even though it was 2 on 1) Then he got sealed up by Koneko(Shirone Mode) inside a broken off jewel of the [Boosted Gear]

It would be weird to see Crom Cruach taken down that fast and just like what kusabireika said it was Grendel

Hokoga
2014-05-26, 02:03
It would be weird to see Crom Cruach taken down that fast and just like what kusabireika said it was GrendelSorry I got the two mixed up, Crom Cruach is the one in human form right?

Soji
2014-05-26, 02:08
^Yes. And it's also the one that reach the same class as Albion and Ddraig. (or at least this is what the story told us).

aw454wtr
2014-05-26, 02:09
Sorry I got the two mixed up, Crom Cruach is the one in human form right?

Yup crom cruach is in human form and he is sensible and calm, the other evil dragons are just crazy battle freaks

Hokoga
2014-05-26, 02:19
Yup crom cruach is in human form and he is sensible and calm, the other evil dragons are just crazy battle freaksHe may appear that way but I think the minute he fights someone on his level he's going to cut loose.

Chris38
2014-05-26, 02:33
He may appear that way but I think the minute he fights someone on his level he's going to cut loose.

Will see if that's going to be the case ... once we actually get more info about the contents of volume 18.

After all ... Crom Cruach apparently fights Ise in that volume...

Royalknightftw
2014-05-26, 02:34
@Hokoga, Yep, he is called an Evil Dragon for a reason, though he is able to control his emotions better than the others and i think this is one of his strengths

kusabireika
2014-05-26, 02:35
Will see if that's going to be the case ... once we actually get more info about the contents of volume 28.

After all ... Crom Cruach apparently fights Ise in that volume...

Volume 28 O_o, @Chris398 maybe you are refering to volume 18 :heh:

Royalknightftw
2014-05-26, 02:36
i also think Gasper will help Issei fight Crom Cruach. Since Balor is Crom's former master

Soji
2014-05-26, 02:39
@Hokoga, Yep, he is called an Evil Dragon for a reason, though he is able to control his emotions better than the others and i think this is one of his strengths

Yeah. And this is what make him more dangerous than other evil dragons that we saw so far.

Will be interesting to read the fight between him and Isse.

Hokoga
2014-05-26, 02:43
Will see if that's going to be the case ... once we actually get more info about the contents of volume 28.

After all ... Crom Cruach apparently fights Ise in that volume...volume 28!?...:twitch: do we really have wait that long for a serious confrontation with Crom Cruach?
I was hoping it would happen in the next 2 or 3 volumes.

Chris38
2014-05-26, 02:58
volume 28!?...:twitch: do we really have wait that long for a serious confrontation with Crom Cruach?
I was hoping it would happen in the next 2 or 3 volumes.

Sorry, I acidentially pressed 2 instead of 1 on my keyboard ... which means that I meant volume 18 instead of volume 28.

Once again sorry for the confusion :uhoh:

Royalknightftw
2014-05-26, 02:58
@Hokoga No, it's vol 18. Chris38 probably just mistyped it

kusabireika
2014-05-26, 03:07
Sorry, I acidentially pressed 2 instead of 1 on my keyboard ... which means that I meant volume 18 instead of volume 28.

Once again sorry for the confusion :uhoh:

It's ok mistake usually happen so no worries :heh:

Hokoga
2014-05-26, 03:23

Once again sorry for the confusion :uhoh:well that's relief, but just to be sure I had to go back and read the spoilers on the first page.

The son of Lucifer and the brother-in-law of the Lucifer final clashes before the X-mas eve!! does this mean he will be fighting Rizevim as well?

jopjopjop
2014-05-26, 03:25
^No. Issei has now accepted Vali's love for him. And since he hurt his feelings, he's gonna teach Rizevim a lesson and ask for his blessing for their relationship afterwards :heh::love:

kusabireika
2014-05-26, 03:29
^No. Issei has now accepted Vali's love for him. And since he hurt his feelings, he's gonna teach Rizevim a lesson and ask for his blessing for their relationship afterwards :heh::love:

The start of bl two heavenly dragon romance, I will wait for it to happen :blush:

Tbolt
2014-05-26, 03:40
Yup crom cruach is in human form and he is sensible and calm, the other evil dragons are just crazy battle freaks

Because of those two things I really don't think Ise and Crom are going to have an all out fight I think Ise is going to talk to Crom about why they are fighting, and in the end Crom just decides Ise is right and goes on vacation in Vegas.

jopjopjop
2014-05-26, 03:44
CC is Balor's and will be Gasper's bitch :D

aw454wtr
2014-05-26, 06:17
I would LOL if rassei ends up being the one to defeat crom crouch

lived_1714
2014-05-26, 07:01
Well, considering Crom did win against what killed him in legend, I would say that he's a lot more powerful than before, and he was holding the title "Strongest Evil Dragon" ever since then?

For Issei's battles, it's not necessary between win and lose, Issei himself had fought over many battles and there's moment he didn't win but didn't lose either.

Take Vali vs Issei first encounter, while Issei was able to hurt Vali, he didn't win.
Issei vs Saji, he did manage to remove Saji from the battlefield, but then he also got down by Saji.
Issei vs Loki, didn't really win due to the fact he couldn't use the hammer properly (still laugh at this, because every shounen series I know the MC always has pure heart).
Issei vs Cao Cao first encounter, he did chase Cao Cao away, but that doesn't count as a win.
Issei vs Grendel, he didn't win, just hold Grendel long enough for the enemy to retreat.

So there you go, Issei doesn't need to win, we just need to see how he fights, that's what we love about him.

jopjopjop
2014-05-26, 09:47
In the DxD world, Crom Cruach wasn't killed and if even you look up at the myth, Tathlum didn't kill him.

Tbolt
2014-05-26, 10:27
Well, considering Crom did win against what killed him in legend, I would say that he's a lot more powerful than before, and he was holding the title "Strongest Evil Dragon" ever since then?

For Issei's battles, it's not necessary between win and lose, Issei himself had fought over many battles and there's moment he didn't win but didn't lose either.

Take Vali vs Issei first encounter, while Issei was able to hurt Vali, he didn't win.
Issei vs Saji, he did manage to remove Saji from the battlefield, but then he also got down by Saji.
Issei vs Loki, didn't really win due to the fact he couldn't use the hammer properly (still laugh at this, because every shounen series I know the MC always has pure heart).
Issei vs Cao Cao first encounter, he did chase Cao Cao away, but that doesn't count as a win.
Issei vs Grendel, he didn't win, just hold Grendel long enough for the enemy to retreat.

So there you go, Issei doesn't need to win, we just need to see how he fights, that's what we love about him.

I don't totally disagree with you but there is two types of "wins", tactical and strategic.

Ise v Vail was a tactical win. It didn't end future battles but caused Vail to leave the battlefield.

Ise v Saji was a strategic win. Even though he had retired because of blood loss he provided the knowledge to totally defeat the enemy.

Ise v Loki was a strategic win. Loki was totally defeated and sealed.

Ise v Cao Cao was a tactical win. Even though they got beat up they stopped there plan and with help caused them to leave the battlefield.

Ise v Grendel I would score as a draw. No winning conditions were present for ether side.

DocBernax2814
2014-05-26, 11:48
As I understand the formula is as follows.

Issei meet the bad guy.
Bad guy show Issei how powerful he is in comparison to him.
Issei get hurt.
Issei becomes stronger.
Re-match with bad guy.
Issei finally wins against bad guy.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

Gary29
2014-05-26, 11:53

Issei meet the bad guy.
Issei get hurt.
Issei becomes stronger.
Re-match with bad guy.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

It doesn't always follow a formula like that; think of Diodora and Shalba. In fact, the only time that has actually happened like that was with Cao Cao. With Crom Cruach, him and Ise are most likely going to clash multiple times before he's defeated.

Royalknightftw
2014-05-26, 12:37
@gary I agree with you

In fact the first encounter with Chao-chao it was "draw", second issei was ultimately defeated, and the last encounter with Chao-Chao Issei "won" by tactical fight like what Tbolt said

aw454wtr
2014-05-26, 12:39

Issei meet the bad guy.
Issei get hurt.
Issei becomes stronger.
Re-match with bad guy.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

you just described every anime/manga/novel that has the shonen tag in it

though in DxD there are some exceptions

Ise never needed a rematch against shalba, Ise pwnd shalba both times

Ise never got hurt by Cao Cao, never really lost his first fight with Cao Cao and beat him in the second fight

Ise has not beaten Vali.....YET but will by the end of the series

XFire
2014-05-26, 14:02

Issei meet the bad guy.
Issei get hurt.
Issei becomes stronger.
Re-match with bad guy.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

Not really. This is the typical shonen formula, true. But the only enemies Ise actually played the whole thing out with would be Raiser and Cao Cao. (I don't count Reynalle since Ise didn't really get stronger, and because he didn't kill her himself).

Hell, not sure if Cao Cao really counts since technically Ise beats him in vol 9. So they do the "This is not my true power" dance till vol 12.

Diodora and Shalba were beaten in their first fight. Sairong also lost in the first "real" fight between them.

Vali never got a second fight, though we know he'd clean Ise's clock at this point.

Loki was knocked down by a huge team effort and a temporary power-up, so doesn't count.

Saji loses but pseudo-ties with Ise because of delayed knock-out. Really want a rematch here.

Ise beat Grendel down and was winning in their first fight. Second was ended by Rias, so formula is invalid.

And so on and so forth.

TheCuriousFan
2014-05-26, 15:30
Ise beat Grendel down and was winning in their first fight. Second was ended by Rias, so formula is invalid.

Wasn't he about to drop out of CCQ when Euclid stopped the fight?

jopjopjop
2014-05-26, 17:10
^Euclid wasn't mentioned there. You misread Grendel for Euclid.

Hokoga
2014-05-26, 17:23
^Euclid wasn't mentioned there. You misread Grendel for Euclid.Euclid was the one who stopped the fight between Grendel and Issei the first time.

jopjopjop
2014-05-26, 17:46
^Oh. Brain fart on my part. :heh:

cyberdemon
2014-05-26, 20:10

If Issei uses that broken gem on himself like with DD's gem, I wonder if he will gain the powers of Grendel. Would be a nifty way to counter Vali's completely hax EJOD

Royalknightftw
2014-05-26, 20:37
If Issei uses that broken gem on himself like with DD's gem, I wonder if he will gain the powers of Grendel. Would be a nifty way to counter Vali's completely hax EJOD

I am not sure what kind of power Issei will get from grendel, "battle freak" mode perhaps ?? If so i don't think he is able to counter Vali EJOD

jopjopjop
2014-05-26, 21:06
DD's jewel is different from the BG jewel Grendel is sealed in.

The DD jewel came from a Sacred Gear and has all the information about it and it even has a soul of a past possessor in it. That's why Issei was able to use the abilities of Divine Dividing. With that in mind, I don't think using the "Grendel jewel" (that's what I'm calling it now for future discussions :heh:) would work.

They only used the BG jewel since it was the only material at hand that can hold the soul of Grendel.

kusabireika
2014-05-26, 21:19
DD's jewel is different from the BG jewel Grendel is sealed in.

The DD jewel came from a Sacred Gear and has all the information about it and it even has a soul of a past possessor in it. That's why Issei was able to use the abilities of Divine Dividing. With that in mind, I don't think using the "Grendel jewel" (that's what I'm calling it now for future discussions :heh:) would work.

They only used the BG jewel since it was the only material at hand that can hold the soul of Grendel.

I do wonder if they can use Vritra or Fanrir Gem if its possible if the two heavenly dragon is out of reach :twitch:

GrrDraxin
2014-05-26, 21:34

Issei meet the bad guy.
Issei get hurt.
Issei becomes stronger.
Re-match with bad guy.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

It doesn't always follow a formula like that; think of Diodora and Shalba. In fact, the only time that has actually happened like that was with Cao Cao. With Crom Cruach, him and Ise are most likely going to clash multiple times before he's defeated. That formula happened like that with Raizer. It's happening now with Rizevim, though there are differences with the other enemy encounters. I would count Raynale, through fact that Ise landed the downing hit, as I remember that he sent her through a wall before Koneko retrieved her, though it was ultimately Rias that ended that conflict for good.

So even though it's not entirely accurate for EVERY fight, the above does seem to hold true in some fights, but I would more apply it to the Gremory Devils (or the Tri-Alliance) vs the Khaos Brigade as an overall whole rather than just against individuals.

ady623
2014-05-26, 21:43
lol I like how ishibumi delt with Grendal since ishibumi is a big pokemon fan

jopjopjop
2014-05-26, 21:48
^ Gotta catch them all!!!

Royalknightftw
2014-05-26, 22:17
That formula happened like that with Raizer. It's happening now with Rizevim, though there are differences with the other enemy encounters. I would count Raynale, through fact that Ise landed the downing hit, as I remember that he sent her through a wall before Koneko retrieved her, though it was ultimately Rias that ended that conflict for good.

So even though it's not entirely accurate for EVERY fight, the above does seem to hold true in some fights, but I would more apply it to the Gremory Devils (or the Tri-Alliance) vs the Khaos Brigade as an overall whole rather than just against individuals.

I am not sure with Rizevim though, the first fight with Grendel for example. Issei was able to "corner" Grendel and the second, Grendel was "defeated" by the whole gremory team and the last encounter he was defeated for sure by Issei and Sairaorg's team.
And with Euclid Lucifuge, Issei managed to give a good fight against him in the first fight

jopjopjop
2014-05-26, 22:20
^ It's just Issei and Sairaorg. Not with his team.

Royalknightftw
2014-05-26, 22:30
^ It's just Issei and Sairaorg. Not with his team.
Oh yeah i forgot about that, but Sairaorg used his Regulus Nemea to fight Grendel right ??

jopjopjop
2014-05-26, 23:02
He used him as an armor. It's not like he personally fought alongside them.

aw454wtr
2014-05-26, 23:49
wonder if all evil dragons (except crom) will be dealt with the same way as grendel

maybe in the future heaven may make new longinus with grendel sealed in it, after all Draig and Albion were no different than grendel before they were sealed

Royalknightftw
2014-05-27, 00:32
@aw454wtr Artificial sacred gear perhaps yes, but Longinus is a no no ( since GOD of bible is the only one who can make Longinus)

aw454wtr
2014-05-27, 01:41
Vali never got a second fight, though we know he'd clean Ise's clock at this point.

I don't think the difference in power between ise and vali is that big, EJOD has too many flaws, just fighting in normal BB drains enough stamina to stop vali from using EJOD partly due to the fact vali is supressing the JD curse, he has not lifted the curse, should his battle will drop, the curse can drain his lifespan

while true queen though still incomplete has better stamina usage, once ise perfects true queen it will be equal in power to EJOD with the benefit of better stamina usage as there is no curse or past memories of the past possesors

Note that Ise still has ascalon which did destroy one of crom cruach's wings while vali could not even scratch him

not matter how strong vali gets ascalon will forever be his bane and the fact ise gets major powerup's right when he needs it like in vol 2,5,9,10,16 who's to say if he were to fight vali that his new dragon god body's power would not conveniently spring up to boost ise's power to beyond god level

If they would fight right now it will not be such an easy win for vali as you are saying

lived_1714
2014-05-27, 04:57
Ise never got hurt by Cao Cao, never really lost his first fight with Cao Cao and beat him in the second fight

No, in first encounter with Cao Cao Issei tanked True Longinus to the stomach, he didn't immediately vanish though, Issei lost in the second encounter and only won via prep in third encounter, I'm sure now Cao Cao has something in his sleeves for that.

As for Vali's OverDrive and Issei's FullDrive, Vali is designed like a sniper + glass canon, sure he's strong, you get hit you die, but he also has his flaws which is you don't get hit or you block his move (like instead letting Vali touches you use a rock or a building to block his hands) you win. Issei on the other hand, is a full fast APC with anti-surface and anti-air battery, you want strong defense? He got it, you want speed? He got it, you want fire power? He got it, you want support? He got it. His flaw is that his output is not as good as Vali, that's that.

aw454wtr
2014-05-27, 05:07
No, in first encounter with Cao Cao Issei tanked True Longinus to the stomach, he didn't immediately vanish though, Issei lost in the second encounter and only won via prep in third encounter, I'm sure now Cao Cao has something in his sleeves for that.

As for Vali's OverDrive and Issei's FullDrive, Vali is designed like a sniper + glass canon, sure he's strong, you get hit you die, but he also has his flaws which is you don't get hit or you block his move (like instead letting Vali touches you use a rock or a building to block his hands) you win. Issei on the other hand, is a full fast APC with anti-surface and anti-air battery, you want strong defense? He got it, you want speed? He got it, you want fire power? He got it, you want support? He got it. His flaw is that his output is not as good as Vali, that's that.

Forgot about the fight in vol 9, but hey that's how good Cao Cao is despite being a mere human, interesting to see how he gets along with the rest of DxD, particularly vali with their history

XFire
2014-05-27, 10:55
I don't think the difference in power between ise and vali is that big, EJOD has too many flaws, just fighting in normal BB drains enough stamina to stop vali from using EJOD partly due to the fact vali is supressing the JD curse, he has not lifted the curse, should his battle will drop, the curse can drain his lifespan

while true queen though still incomplete has better stamina usage, once ise perfects true queen it will be equal in power to EJOD with the benefit of better stamina usage as there is no curse or past memories of the past possesors

Note that Ise still has ascalon which did destroy one of crom cruach's wings while vali could not even scratch him

not matter how strong vali gets ascalon will forever be his bane and the fact ise gets major powerup's right when he needs it like in vol 2,5,9,10,16 who's to say if he were to fight vali that his new dragon god body's power would not conveniently spring up to boost ise's power to beyond god level

If they would fight right now it will not be such an easy win for vali as you are saying

The problem is the power difference between Vali and Ise really is that big. Normal BB Vali can fight on the same level as CCQ Ise. EJOD is strong enough to be God-Level, so as soon as he uses it Ise would get one-shotted.

Put bluntly, the stat difference is too high at the moment. Vali has too much speed and power on his side for Ise to beat him. Which is why both characters keep stating that Vsli is the stronger one.

aw454wtr
2014-05-27, 11:13
The problem is the power difference between Vali and Ise really is that big. Normal BB Vali can fight on the same level as CCQ Ise. EJOD is strong enough to be God-Level, so as soon as he uses it Ise would get one-shotted.

Put bluntly, the stat difference is too high at the moment. Vali has too much speed and power on his side for Ise to beat him. Which is why both characters keep stating that Vsli is the stronger one.

Don't think the difference is as big as it was in vol 3&4

In terms of body specs wouldn't Ise's body be much higher than vali

vali is only has diluted lucifer blood, ise has pure blood from the two dragon gods plus the evil pieces

sunsengnim
2014-05-27, 11:22

vali is only has diluted lucifer blood, ise has pure blood from the two dragon gods plus the evil pieces

it's not about the difference between their bodies "base stats".
it's the difference between true queen and EJO Issei still has a long way to go before he can control the full power of it since he has to master each form to get the full strength of it while Vali has access to it's full strength except he can't control it for long.
wich means in a one on one fight at this point Issei would lose against Vali because he would get overpowered by EJO.

XFire
2014-05-27, 11:23

Actually, the difference has gotten bigger :heh:

First, that "diluted" blood gave Vali demonic power on par with a Maou. Ise's body has only slightly increased his specs from, as Ddraig put it, the "piece of crap" he was before.

Second, Vali has been getting stronger just as fast as Ise. He learned Norse magic in half a day, remember?

Third, Cao Cao was able to beat down Ise in CCQ and would have killed him if not for the venom. However, he admits he'd be powerless against EJOD because of the simple power difference.

lived_1714
2014-05-27, 11:30
One more thing, Vali does have more experience compare to Issei, and he's a born talent aka Gary Stu of the story, while Issei is the underdog (underdragon now).

aw454wtr
2014-05-27, 11:48
Talent in learning magic was how vali learned norse magic, his lucifer blood just gives him higher demonic power or in rpg terms he has higher magic stat and more MP it does not really have much to do with learning new magic fast, that would be talent he has even if vali was born a normal human

Basically what I'm saying is judging a characters battle potential should take into account more than just one shot power, but how they would preform overall in battle right now ise's true queen is more efficient than EJOD, not being able to use it against crom and even against sun wukong in training shows it has too much flaws despite being at its highest stage, unlike true queen which is just at it early stage

The author specifically giving ise such an OP body shows he plans on Ise eventually surpassing vali to significant degree

I don't think the gap has grown, as of now Ise is at least equal to elucid+BG and elucid base level is on par with grayfia who is the strongest queen in the underworld, even surt 2nd who could have defeated the jabberwokky fears her

jopjopjop
2014-05-27, 12:20
Surtr isn't afraid of Grayfia because she's stronger. Even Sirzechs fears Grayfia but cleary way stronger than her. :|

aw454wtr
2014-05-27, 12:24
Surtr isn't afraid of Grayfia because she's stronger. Even Sirzechs fears Grayfia but cleary way stronger than her. :|

The pinching the cheek attack that grayfia uses on sirzechs is far more deadly than any holy attacks :heh::heh:

jopjopjop
2014-05-27, 12:32
And her stare of death rivals the power of medusa's eye :heh:

DragoMuseveni
2014-05-27, 12:36
Yeah , but with a little sake Grafya will become more handy

aw454wtr
2014-05-27, 12:41
Yeah , but with a little sake Grafya will become more handy

Imagines grayfia and rosseweisse both drunk................. someone should make a fanfic of that

XFire
2014-05-27, 12:44
Talent in learning magic was how vali learned norse magic, his lucifer blood just gives him higher demonic power or in rpg terms he has higher magic stat and more MP it does not really have much to do with learning new magic fast, that would be talent he has even if vali was born a normal human

Basically what I'm saying is judging a characters battle potential should take into account more than just one shot power, but how they would preform overall in battle right now ise's true queen is more efficient than EJOD, not being able to use it against crom and even against sun wukong in training shows it has too much flaws despite being at its highest stage, unlike true queen which is just at it early stage

The author specifically giving ise such an OP body shows he plans on Ise eventually surpassing vali to significant degree

I don't think the gap has grown, as of now Ise is at least equal to elucid+BG and elucid base level is on par with grayfia who is the strongest queen in the underworld, even surt 2nd who could have defeated the jabberwokky fears her

I didn't say it was from Lucifer's blood, I said he was growing as fast or faster than Ise was.

And the problem with him having higher demonic power is that it affects all of the stats, not just MP or magic attack. He exceeds Ise in every base stat by a huge amount.

And we know that EJOD is inefficient, yes. Doesn't change the fact that a single blow would kill Ise instantly.

Also, Vali's BB = Ise's CCQ right now. Wanna compare the efficiency of those?

jopjopjop
2014-05-27, 12:52
Comparing Vali's BB to being equal to Issei's CCQ is a big overestimation. :|

It's like saying all Issei has done these 17 Volumes are for no reason.

sunsengnim
2014-05-27, 12:59
Vali is stronger then Issei at this point sure but saying Vali's BB is equal to Issei's True Queen mode is absurd Issei would destroy him in this match-up.

DocBernax2814
2014-05-27, 13:13
Vali is stronger then Issei at this point sure but saying Vali's BB is equal to Issei's True Queen mode is absurd Issei would destroy him in this match-up.

I also think that right now Vali is stronger than Issei. But, the difference is not as marked as when they meet in volume 3.

Vali has more experience, true. But Issei is also getting there.

Issei just need to learn how to use the infinity/ilusion part of his powers and that will be the game changer.

aw454wtr
2014-05-27, 22:28
Hoping that in this vol 18 we get to see what michael's powers are like as well as the other seraph members

Royalknightftw
2014-05-27, 22:36

I really like how accurate your analogy regarding EJOD and CQC :)

Royalknightftw
2014-05-27, 22:40
I also think Issei BB is at least on par with Vali BB. Remember that Issei still trains his normal BB to the point he could keep up fighting Saeraorg Bael

lived_1714
2014-05-28, 04:58
I also think Issei BB is at least on par with Vali BB. Remember that Issei still trains his normal BB to the point he could keep up fighting Saeraorg Bael

Issei's normal BB is now Triana, which means he has more modes to use depends on the circumstances while Vali only has 1 BB mode, but he covers it with Norse magic and the like.

XFire
2014-05-28, 08:31
Comparing Vali's BB to being equal to Issei's CCQ is a big overestimation. :|

It's like saying all Issei has done these 17 Volumes are for no reason.

Too bad we saw proof of it in the fight with Crom Crauch, where Vali used BB on the same level Ise was fighting.

And why would it be for nothing? He's fought Vali once, and the guy isn't even an antagonist anymore. Their comparative power levels aren't exactly the most important thing here.

Besides, Vali's role from the beginning was to be the stronger rival. He has always and probably will always be stronger than Ise, just as Kiba will equal him and Saji will be weaker.

DragoMuseveni
2014-05-28, 08:54
If ise unlocks his hidden powers maybe he will reach and outmatch vali .
Or what if ise unlock great red and ophis powers , and vali from some interesting plot twist will gain a small portion of trihexa powers?

kusabireika
2014-05-28, 09:01
>_> I already speculated that part :p about vali gain trihexa small amount of power :p

Nvm we really are out of topic to discuss and speculate I wonder why :heh:

aw454wtr
2014-05-28, 09:16
Too bad we saw proof of it in the fight with Crom Crauch, where Vali used BB on the same level Ise was fighting.

And why would it be for nothing? He's fought Vali once, and the guy isn't even an antagonist anymore. Their comparative power levels aren't exactly the most important thing here.

Besides, Vali's role from the beginning was to be the stronger rival. He has always and probably will always be stronger than Ise, just as Kiba will equal him and Saji will be weaker.

Probably now, but not forever unlocking the power his new body will most likely blow vali's power level away

great red on his own is infinitely stronger than vali, and ise has a body with great red and ophis's genetics and power, thats too much for anyone to compete, so much that even rizeviem took an interest in ise while totally ignoring vali's despite hime being stronger than ise now

jopjopjop
2014-05-28, 09:35

Reason why he's just using BB? He's reserving his energy!

Issei isn't that dumb to reserve his and not use CCQ against an opponent who is clearly more powerful than them.

Just because they are using different forms in that fight doesn't mean that they're equal. Issei was already using that form even before Vali arrived.

Biohazardous
2014-05-28, 10:02
He has sex with Rias alone, then the rest of the girls come barging into the room, see what they did and start clamoring to be next while stripping down and piling on top of him. lol

Omg that would be so funny too see animated. Akeno would prob try and fry everyone so she could be next. This scene cant be a simple strip and pile. Some powers have to be unleashed even playful low powered versions.

Way too much to do with this. Ise has to master the dormant powers. He may or maynot get pushed to another point to bring out another set of powers which of course will need to be mastered to use again. We dont know if we will be able to see Ise cause the other 4 pieces to mutate. (Would be epic). He still needs to get evil pieces and build his peerage. We have to see him with his harem active. (Him actually realizing he has it). That just stuff we need to see from what we know now. These things could cause other needed thing into play. I look forward to reading this for awhile.

I dont think they will have a fight to the death imo. The two dragons are starting to talk to one another and may even devolop a friendship/respect for each other. I think a fight between them later would be Vali putting his arm around Ise and saying you know you still are on my list. Lets fight and see who's strongest. They will fight til they come to an understanding of who is strongest and leave it at that wont be to the death.

Fight? Yes. But I don't think that they will fight to death, really I can't see them doing that anymore.

Also, they are different from their predecessors, no to mention that both Ddraig and Albion are in peace now.

I mean, the whole reason that Ise can use Albion power is because the two dragons are finally stop with their fight.

I agree I think this was by design. Ise and Vali are going to free them from the fate of always fighting. I cant see Ddraig wanting to fight the one who helped him through his pain. I totally can hear Ddraig saying Partner Albion and I have settled our differences and no longer want to fight.

I could see Vali learning to keep his overdrive up longer. I cant see him giving up on being able to do that. I would think the dormant powers in Ise can still help him push past a Vali that can keep overdrive up til the end of a fight. We know he has to win in the end if the author does go through with them fighting to death. Ise will push pass his dormant powers and birth something else if needed. OOO just thought of something. Maybe he can call his familier and transfer massive power to it say all of Ddraigs power and make it a gunship. Then he himself use the remaining two dragons power to take on someone.

aw454wtr
2014-05-28, 10:06
their mutual fear of oppai brought the 2 dragons, that fought so hard it interfered in a major war together in unison, never underestimate the power of oppai!!!!!!!

Biohazardous
2014-05-28, 10:10
*chants OPPAI OPPAI OPPAI

I have a question some people mentioned something about timing for something and announcing season 3. Why does season 3 need a certain timing or anything to be announced? Just with the volumes we have now we have enough for a few seasons if the author wanting to take a break writing. The anime keeps us busy seeing what we have read animated then before its fully caught up he writes more until he wants/needs another break.

Royalknightftw
2014-05-28, 16:49
@Biohazardous Hmmm, i guess we have to wait till vol 18 to be released and we can get the announcement. Dxd is selling pretty well, right ?? so i guess it's just a matter of time

Gary29
2014-05-28, 17:16
It's because DxD's anime is created by a studio known as TNK, which isn't very big, and they're in the middle of working on two other series right now so it's not as likely we're going to get season 3 before winter 2014 / early 2015. Not only that, but there's a possibility of it being 24 episodes, which would take double the time to create than the previous seasons. And, of course, as far as we know it hasn't been given the green light yet, but since the BD/DVD (and overall) sales are so high a lot of people think it's only a matter of time.

jopjopjop
2014-05-28, 17:26
DxD is still selling good.

DxD even recently won something. I don't know exactly but still. Something like finishing first in Pricone [Prism Connect National Convention 2014]?

cyberdemon
2014-05-28, 17:30
It's because DxD's anime is created by a studio known as TNK, which isn't very big, and they're in the middle of working on two other series right now so it's not as likely we're going to get season 3 before winter 2014 / early 2015. Not only that, but there's a possibility of it being 24 episodes, which would take double the time to create than the previous seasons. And, of course, as far as we know it hasn't been given the green light yet, but since the BD/DVD (and overall) sales are so high a lot of people think it's only a matter of time.

There is only 2 more volumes left in the first arc that are not animated. If there is another season it would more likely just cover those 2.

Gary29
2014-05-28, 17:35
There is only 2 more volumes left in the first arc that are not animated. If there is another season it would more likely just cover those 2.

That's what I was referring to. Volumes 5 and 6 have a lot of content, and I'd be very impressed if they could animate it all properly within only 12 episodes.

@jop I think it was for something regarding the DxD TCG.

lived_1714
2014-05-28, 17:53
I want a sticking-to-LN-art studio to make ss3, that would be better compare to the first two ss. Like IS, Campione or Mondaiji.

DocBernax2814
2014-05-28, 18:05
That's what I was referring to. Volumes 5 and 6 have a lot of content, and I'd be very impressed if they could animate it all properly within only 12 episodes.

@jop I think it was for something regarding the DxD TCG.

Wait a second there, back off a little bit.

There is a Trading Card Game of High school DXD!?

Does it sell only in Japan?

Gary29
2014-05-28, 18:27
Wait a second there, back off a little bit.

There is a Trading Card Game of High school DXD!?

Does it sell only in Japan?

Yup, as far as I know it's only sold in Japan. You know those cards that are posted in the social group often? Those are the TCG cards.

Biohazardous
2014-05-28, 18:27

I have been hoping we get more than 12 this time around and get a 2 cour. We have a lot of volumes left with only 4 being used currently. Hopefully we get a 2 cour and a small break then get a season 4. I have read these recently after just seeing the anime. It has been funny picturing these novels animated. I think they will make a lot of money as they animate the rest. These are all very good stories and as long as they don't eff up the animation it should provide plenty of money and further boost light novel sales.

XFire
2014-05-28, 21:10
Reason why he's just using BB? He's reserving his energy!

Issei isn't that dumb to reserve his and not use CCQ against an opponent who is clearly more powerful than them.

Just because they are using different forms in that fight doesn't mean that they're equal. Issei was already using that form even before Vali arrived.

:heh:

Um, yeah, Vali couldn't use it because he had fought Elucid earlier. However, Ise did indeed do that dumb thing you mentioned moments earlier against Grendel.

And no, they aren't equal. Vali is stronger. His BB = Ise's CCQ. Meaning his normal combat form is equivalent to Ise's trump card. His trump card would pulp Ise in one shot.

aw454wtr
2014-05-28, 22:47
:heh:

Um, yeah, Vali couldn't use it because he had fought Elucid earlier. However, Ise did indeed do that dumb thing you mentioned moments earlier against Grendel.

And no, they aren't equal. Vali is stronger. His BB = Ise's CCQ. Meaning his normal combat form is equivalent to Ise's trump card. His trump card would pulp Ise in one shot.

saying vali's normal BB=true queen is a bit to much, Vali BB=Triania would be a better comparison keep in mind one blast of triania bishop blew up most of kyoto, no way ise is that much weaker than vali

Take into account vali's normal BB would be one shotted by Cao Cao's BB while Ise in True queen was not one shotted by Cao Cao's BB

Saying that vali could not use EJOD just because he had one battle against elucid (helped by his own team no less) prior shows he is not all that OP as you are saying, Ise had to fight Grendel, Crom and tons of grunt evil dragons and still had enough to fight off elucid who was in BG BB form on his own

Hokoga
2014-05-29, 01:37
I agree with XFire

Vali's normal BB is equal to Ise's CCQ at the moment, but that's only because Ise's CCQ is in a incomplete state right now.
I imagine after Ise's CCQ stabilizes it will be Ise's CCQ > Vali's BB, but still it won't be as powerful as Vali's EJOD especially if Vali somehow increases the time limit.
If someone like Elucid was able to use CCQ then that would even be equal in power to EJOD.

Ise's first fight with Elucid proved that the basic state of the wielder makes a big difference. In that fight even though Elucid was using a fake [Boosted Gear] his BB was equal to Ise's CCQ, the only reason Ise was able to get the upper hand was because of Dividing Wyvern Fairy a power that was originally supposed to be Vali's.

aw454wtr
2014-05-29, 01:53
I agree with XFire

Vali's normal BB is equal to Ise's CCQ at the moment, but that's only because Ise's CCQ is in a incomplete state right now.
I imagine after Ise's CCQ stabilizes it will be Ise's CCQ > Vali's BB, but still it won't be as powerful as Vali's EJOD especially if Vali somehow increases the time limit.
If someone like Elucid was able to use CCQ then that would even be equal in power to EJOD.

Ise's first fight with Elucid proved that the basic state of the wielder makes a big difference. In that fight even though Elucid was using a fake [Boosted Gear] his BB was equal to Ise's CCQ, the only reason Ise was able to get the upper hand was because of Dividing Wyvern Fairy a power that was originally supposed to be Vali's.

Still take into account Ise has 4 pawns to mutate, and to unlock great red and ophis power, no way vali will end the series stronger than Ise

Note that Vali + vali team could not beat Elucid while Ise after fighting other battles ended up beating Elucid in a one on one fight, that does show True queen is no way just equal to Vali BB

Hokoga
2014-05-29, 02:07
Still take into account Ise has 4 pawns to mutate, and to unlock great red and ophis power, no way vali will end the series stronger than Ise

Note that Vali + vali team could not beat Elucid while Ise after fighting other battles ended up beating Elucid in a one on one fight, that does show True queen is no way just equal to Vali BB
I know that much, once Ise unlocks great red and ophis's power his power is going to eventually surpass Vali's power.

In volume 16 Vali and his team were fight both Elucid and Walburga, but it was most likely

Vali vs Elucid

Team Vali vs Walburga

aw454wtr
2014-05-29, 02:15
I know that much, once Ise unlocks great red and ophis's power his power is going to eventually surpass Vali's power.

In volume 16 Vali and his team were fight both Elucid and Walburga, but it was most likely

Vali vs Elucid

Team Vali vs Walburga

It was never stated that vali went one on one with elucid, even if he did, that would mean vali fought elucid at full strength and still could not beat elucid, while Ise had to waste a lot of strength fighting grendel, crom and other vampires turned to evil dragons before even reaching elucid and still won

Dividing wyren fairy is Ise's power as stealing an opposite dragon's power is said to be suicidal so its unlikely vali could do the same if he was given a jewel from BG,

vali also stated that ise has better compatibility with dragons so that could be the reason why he was able to steal part of DD's power , so there no reason to say Ise won by unfair means by using it against elucid

Chris38
2014-05-29, 02:37
I agree that in the end Ise is going to be stronger then Vali ... although that might actually turn into an advantage for Vali.

After all ... Vali does have the power to steal his opponents power and use it as his own power and while it's true that Ise has also gained this power to some extent .. I don't think that his Dividing Wyvern Fairy Dragons are as strong as Vali's original Divine Dividing.

Basically as long as Vali is going to be cap able of blocking / dodging Ise's attacks .. which is a pretty difficult task, but assuming that he manages to do that ... he should eventually decrease Ise's power to the point where he won't have an advantage against Vali anymore.

To summarize ... Vali's skill set has been constructed pretty well to deal with opponents that are stronger then he is.

Of course he is not unbeatable, since he certainly has a few weak points ... but I don't think that being stronger then he is ... would be actually such a huge advantage..

aw454wtr
2014-05-29, 02:46
I agree that in the end Ise is going to be stronger then Vali ... although that might actually turn into an advantage for Vali.

After all ... Vali does have the power to steal his opponents power and use it as his own power and while it's true that Ise has also gained this power to some extent .. I don't think that his Dividing Wyvern Fairy Dragons are as strong as Vali's original Divine Dividing.

Basically as long as Vali is going to be cap able of blocking / dodging Ise's attacks .. which is a pretty difficult task, but assuming that he manages to do that ... he should eventually decrease Ise's power to the point where he won't have an advantage against Vali anymore.

To summarize ... Vali's skill set has been constructed pretty well to deal with opponents that are stronger then he is.

Of course he is not unbeatable, since he certainly has a few weak points ... but I don't think that being stronger then he is ... would be actually such a huge advantage..
No vali's divide is still stronger as he can divide and absorb, Ise can only divide he can't absorb the power he halves

Divide has its limits, while he can lower opponents power, it costs a lot of stamina to do that, the stronger the opponent is the more stamina it costs to divide,

each time vali divides he has to dump out most the power he absorbs from his wings, so his power won't rise that much and only lasts for a brief moment to ensure vali's body does not break down from power overload,

boost pretty much cancels out any power loss from divide and if Ise coats himself with ascalon's dragon slayer and holy aura, vali will poison himself dividing ise's power

for opponents that go over a certain level of power, he can't divide their powers as shown in the loki fight so in theory vali cannot use divide against gread red or the hindu gods, but Ise's boost ability does not have this limitation

Chris38
2014-05-29, 05:23
No vali's divide is still stronger as he can divide and absorb, Ise can only divide he can't absorb the power he halves

Divide has its limits, while he can lower opponents power, it costs a lot of stamina to do that, the stronger the opponent is the more stamina it costs to divide,

each time vali divides he has to dump out most the power he absorbs from his wings, so his power won't rise that much and only lasts for a brief moment to ensure vali's body does not break down from power overload,

boost pretty much cancels out any power loss from divide and if Ise coats himself with ascalon's dragon slayer and holy aura, vali will poison himself dividing ise's power

for opponents that go over a certain level of power, he can't divide their powers as shown in the loki fight so in theory vali cannot use divide against gread red or the hindu gods, but Ise's boost ability does not have this limitation

While that might be true when it comes to Vali's regular BG ... we can't really say if the same applies to his EJOD mode ... which, certainly provides Vali with some benefits compared to his regular BB, just like Ise's CCP provides him with some benefits compared to his regular BB.

In the case of Vali ... we still haven't learned what those benefits are ... but I believe they are definitely different then the ones that occur in Ise's case ... since ... Vali doesn't have any Evil Pieces inside his body.

Meaning that's it's possible that EJOD removes some of the limitations of his dividing and absorption abilities ... which might be one of the reasons why Vali can currently, only use it for a short period of time...

aw454wtr
2014-05-29, 05:46
While that might be true when it comes to Vali's regular BG ... we can't really say if the same applies to his EJOD mode ... which, certainly provides Vali with some benefits compared to his regular BB, just like Ise's CCP provides him with some benefits compared to his regular BB.

In the case of Vali ... we still haven't learned what those benefits are ... but I believe they are definitely different then the ones that occur in Ise's case ... since ... Vali doesn't have any Evil Pieces inside his body.

Meaning that's it's possible that EJOD removes some of the limitations of his dividing and absorption abilities ... which might be one of the reasons why Vali can currently, only use it for a short period of time...

Wouldnt EJOD just increase vali's power, as BB is the final form of any SG, break down the beast just unseals the sealed creatures power it does not give new abilities, DWF being an exception to the rule

If vali becomes more powerful its logical to say he can divide stronger beings compared to BB, as I'm guessing there's is a cutoff point where something/someone is just strong enough to divide to too strong to divide, in EJOD he can divide ultimate class grim reapers but probably can't divide hades

Albion and Ddraig never had the boost,divide,gift or abosrb powers in their physical form, they were just really powerful dragons with the standard dragon type attacks,