PDA

View Full Version : High School DxD season 3 confirmed.

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Chris38
2014-12-07, 12:55
Just saw the preview, and the little fight between Ise and Seiraorg could be the small brawl they did before going to Kyoto and Rossweisse is in it too, so maybe they do 4 (5,6,7 and 9) volumes in a double season. Oo

I keep my hopes down but it could be possible.

P.S. Litte sneakpeak of tannin training Ise. ^^

According to Ishibumi's twitter, which was mentioned a page ago in this thread, the 'fight' between Sariaorg and Ise shown in the preview has nothing to do with the plot, so I think it's unlikely that they will actually cover 4 volumes in this anime season.

Edit: The coolest thing would be if they really do Kyoto and use the talk between Sairaorg and Seekvaira Agares to announce vol.10 as a movie for 2016.

I also don't think that TNK is big enough to actually create an animated movie as well - sure they could cooperate with another studio to produce something like that, but the chances of that happening are pretty marginal... :(

Emwe
2014-12-07, 13:28
Well so be it.

Still makes the pv more stupid than anything, Sairaorg on the youth devil meet together with the spar in the, hopefully, following season would be more than enough as an introduction for the the rivalry between them. I just don't get why they always need to do unnecessary things in anime adoptions.

And yea stupid me forgot that Odin and Rossweisse are introduced in 5/6. >.>

The reason why I want vol. 10 as a movie comes mostly from the fucked up negima movie, I still cry today how those idiots fucked this one up, all they needed was to include Negi vs Rakan.

Another option for vol.8 would be an OVA because in doesn't really fits together with the volume before or after for a single season.

Let's just hope it does well enough to keep them going or expand in some way, because TNK does a rather good job on it. (No alternate endings or story changes which make feature seasons hard to do, Maken-Ki or Rosario to Vampire for example)

Gary29
2014-12-07, 19:43
Thinking about this more... Since BorN is most likely not going to be a 2-cour, and thus won't go until volume 10, what do you guys think is the reason behind the heavy atmosphere between Ise and Rias in the PV & visual? I doubt it's just for hype as it was mentioned in the News section on the Harem King website that "What does the appearance of two serious people suggest!? How will Issei and Rias relationship advance!?" yet I don't remember anything majorly significant between the two in volumes 5 & 6. The only other thing I can think of is if it is a 2cour and volume 7 is adapted as well (even so, the consequences for JD aren't a major part of that volume anyway).

Weather
2014-12-07, 20:00
The only other thing I can think of is if it is a 2cour and volume 7 is adapted as well (even so, the consequences for JD aren't a major part of that volume anyway).

Even if that, that Volume is Akeno Main anyway, the only thing was mentioned that Rias cried... it was barely a line. Only Volume 10 has a major impact for that kind of atmosphere.

Newhope
2014-12-07, 23:09
^Vol 8 can be done in OVA though

Some of volume 8 has already been used in the frist season the odd love story and the Gremory Group getting their Familiar's, but yes the rest are perfect OVA material.

Poodicus
2014-12-07, 23:23
I realized something at work today.

They're going to put Rossweisse into Rias's peerage this season, aren't they?

I mean, think about it. In season 2, they had made it that Irina learned out the truth about God because the fact that there was no guarantee that a third season was ever going to happen.

With the reveal of Rossweisse now though, there would be no point of waiting to put her into the peerage until next season if you had no idea if another season was going to be made, and it would make no sense to reveal her now unless you were planning to put her in the peerage at the end of what's considered to be Volume 5.

Just my two thoughts about it.

jopjopjop
2014-12-07, 23:39
I realized something at work today.

They're going to put Rossweisse into Rias's peerage this season, aren't they?

I mean, think about it. In season 2, they had made it that Irina learned out the truth about God because the fact that there was no guarantee that a third season was ever going to happen.

With the reveal of Rossweisse now though, there would be no point of waiting to put her into the peerage until next season if you had no idea if another season was going to be made, and it would make no sense to reveal her now unless you were planning to put her in the peerage at the end of what's considered to be Volume 5.

Just my two thoughts about it.

Nah. If they ever do another Irina, what I imagine they will do is make her go with Odin when he entered the barrier made by Georg and help him defeat the Devils. The same scenario on what happened in the meeting with Irina helping Xenovia.

Chris38
2014-12-08, 00:07
Regarding the discussion about how 'serious' Rias and Ise look in the preview and the information posted on the official site, it might also be possible that the anime studio is going to incorporate part of the issues that Rias and Ise where dealing with in volume 10, a little earlier in the actual plot of the story.

After all ... the addition of Irina during the 3 powers meeting in season II along with how the fight against Vali and the Khaos Brigade was executed, showed that TNK is sometimes doing some changes to the plot of the story ... so they might try to do something similar ... when it comes to Rias's and Ise's relationship development :uhoh:

II Maestro
2014-12-08, 05:03
So S1 cover vol.1 & 2 S2 cover vol.3 & 4 does that mean that S3 will cover vol.5 & 6? If so will we hear the oppai dragon song?

Emwe
2014-12-08, 05:07
To be honest it could fill some of the holes of the LN, because before Vol.10 we never knew that Ise was traumatized. Showing some of the symptoms now would flesh out the revelation a bit more.

The thing with Irina at the end of S2 was quite well done, I think in the LN was mentioned that Michael had a guard with him so making the guard Irina who than becomes his Ace was a nice idea. Wasn't the thing with the Satan Rangers and the engagement ceremony shortly after their training too? Maybe they filler this part in.

Edit: Maybe they filler Sairaorg in the training part with Tannin in, could be possible looking at the background.

jopjopjop
2014-12-08, 05:15
Volumes 5 & 6 have so many things that there's not much leeway to put a filler in.

Direwolf18
2014-12-08, 07:20
Volumes 5 & 6 have so many things that there's not much leeway to put a filler in.

Well not if they want to do them well...

I could see something like the Kyoto volume being accelerated by turning their uneventful sightseeing into a montage. But in 5-6? not likely.

Superbia
2014-12-08, 12:57
To be honest it could fill some of the holes of the LN, because before Vol.10 we never knew that Ise was traumatized. Showing some of the symptoms now would flesh out the revelation a bit more.

If your talking about the trauma Issei got because of Raynare, then it was brought up in Volume 4.

No, with this preparedness I won’t be able realise my dream Harem! All right! Let’s get the power to be able to take girls in hordes!

……On the contrary, after I loved someone sincerely, it’s now difficult to even extend my hands towards girls even a bit. Raynare, my first girlfriend, was a fallen angel who killed me after deceiving me.

Maybe because that happened, even the perverted me would be like this. It’s not like I am afraid of girls but, somewhere within my heart, I have a feeling that maybe in the end, I will be repudiated by them.

Buchou, Asia, I know that the girls of the club wouldn’t do such a thing. However, the more I start liking, the more I am worried.

…...Am I being hated by Buchou and the others?

Sometimes I ask that of myself. The girls I got on good terms with after such a long wait. I don’t want to be hated. That’s why, in the end, I don’t want to do anything weird and be hated by them. I don’t want that to happen once more------.

2sugoi2die
2014-12-20, 03:05
I just hope the fanbase in japan buys enough of the DVD/bd once it get release, then we may even get a season 4 ^^

Rokumonsen
2014-12-20, 04:51
Um, I think this should be merged with the other thread.

jopjopjop
2014-12-20, 06:30
Um, I think this should be merged with the other thread.

What thread? Do you mean the thread in the anime forum? That's for anime-only watchers that do not want to get spoiled. This thread on the other hand is different.

Direwolf18
2014-12-20, 10:24
I can't even post in the anime only forum. I know I would spoil it for someone by saying something stupid and that's not right. So I avoid it like the plague.

DragoMuseveni
2014-12-20, 13:27
http://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130716125449/highschooldxd/images/thumb/a/aa/High-school-dxd-hyoudou-issei-ddraig.png/331px-High-school-dxd-hyoudou-issei-ddraig.png
Now im pretty much sure that dragon from behind in the pv is juggernaut drive beucase only draig possess such horns

ImperialFlameGod8190
2014-12-20, 15:25
http://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130716125449/highschooldxd/images/thumb/a/aa/High-school-dxd-hyoudou-issei-ddraig.png/331px-High-school-dxd-hyoudou-issei-ddraig.png
Now im pretty much sure that dragon from behind in the pv is juggernaut drive beucase only draig possess such horns

i get the idea but im fairly certain its Tannin both because he's breathing fire at issei and the mountains around him with issei running.

jopjopjop
2014-12-20, 18:19
i get the idea but im fairly certain its Tannin both because he's breathing fire at issei and the mountains around him with issei running.

Then the next scene is Issei fighting Sairaorg ..... which won't happen.

Direwolf18
2014-12-20, 18:44
Idk honestly I'm not taking anything from the PV as set in stone yet.

Gary29
2014-12-20, 19:56
Those horns on Ddraig, IIRC, are not present in his official appearance in EP12 of DxD nor his silhouette in DxD NEW EP12.

It really doesn't look like either one though, to be honest. If that's Tannin I am legitimately shocked, as it looks nothing like his illustration in volume 5. It's too organic to be Juggernaut Drive, there's no armor on it. Right now that Dragon is probably the biggest mystery of season 3.

GDB
2014-12-20, 20:01
Horns aren't 100% identical, but looks like Fafnir to me. Both golden, both have horns (though different patterns based on the LN, but it could change for the anime).

jopjopjop
2014-12-20, 20:16
Horns aren't 100% identical, but looks like Fafnir to me. Both golden, both have horns (though different patterns based on the LN, but it could change for the anime).

Are you referring to the pic Drago posted? That's Ddraig, no doubt. He was just colored like that because the Scale-Mail is already red. :heh:

Candyman5OS
2015-01-13, 07:31
Hi guys, I have been reading this thread and stalking this site for about a year. I tried many times to make a account but it kept giving me errors so I just gave up. Well it seems to be my lucky day as I decided to try again and got through. Hi everyone and I hope to be here for a while. To get on topic:

I also have concerns about the teaser. I know there was a tweet that stated that the Issei vs Sairaorg was just a promotional thing however that still doesnt relieve my doubts. I mean for one the tone of the trailer seems too be a very mellow/dark mood between Rias and Issei. I only remember that tone used twice in the series. One time when Rias was fed up with Issei in Volume 10 and another when Issei "died". That combined with the footage of Sairaorg makes me wonder 1 of 3 things may happen.

1. They just animate Volumes 5 and 6 of the LN and keep everything intact making the teaser just a teaser. They start with Issei's house renovation, go to underworld and the training. Do the rating game against Sona and finish with the whole Asia and Diodora thing and Issei going into Judgement Drive. If its 2 cour then you add the Loki story and Hero Faction.

2. They surprise everyone with a 2 cour season that combines Volumes 5-10 (Excluding most of 7 (Or 8 cant remember 100%) do to most of it being little side stories). The tone of the trailer would fit in and that tweet could just be released to throw people off and make it into a bigger surpise. Granted I hope they dont do this because I think thats too many Volumes with the amount of stuff that happens in them with Loki, School trip, Hero Faction, Sairaorg Rating Game, etc.

3. They do a 1 or 2 cour season but move some stuff around. Maybe move up Issei's trama to make bigger story implications, etc. I hope if they go this route they dont move stuff around so much to completely leave the LN roots. Changing some of the events order could possibly destroy a lot of future events if/when they decide to make a season 4.

Thoughts?

ImperialFlameGod8190
2015-01-13, 08:16
Hi guys, I have been reading this thread and stalking this site for about a year. I tried many times to make a account but it kept giving me errors so I just gave up. Well it seems to be my lucky day as I decided to try again and got through. Hi everyone and I hope to be here for a while. To get on topic:

I also have concerns about the teaser. I know there was a tweet that stated that the Issei vs Sairaorg was just a promotional thing however that still doesnt relieve my doubts. I mean for one the tone of the trailer seems too be a very mellow/dark mood between Rias and Issei. I only remember that tone used twice in the series. One time when Rias was fed up with Issei in Volume 10 and another when Issei "died". That combined with the footage of Sairaorg makes me wonder 1 of 3 things may happen.

1. They just animate Volumes 5 and 6 of the LN and keep everything intact making the teaser just a teaser. They start with Issei's house renovation, go to underworld and the training. Do the rating game against Sona and finish with the whole Asia and Diodora thing and Issei going into Judgement Drive. If its 2 cour then you add the Loki story and Hero Faction.

2. They surprise everyone with a 2 cour season that combines Volumes 5-10 (Excluding most of 7 (Or 8 cant remember 100%) do to most of it being little side stories). The tone of the trailer would fit in and that tweet could just be released to throw people off and make it into a bigger surpise. Granted I hope they dont do this because I think thats too many Volumes with the amount of stuff that happens in them with Loki, School trip, Hero Faction, Sairaorg Rating Game, etc.

3. They do a 1 or 2 cour season but move some stuff around. Maybe move up Issei's trama to make bigger story implications, etc. I hope if they go this route they dont move stuff around so much to completely leave the LN roots. Changing some of the events order could possibly destroy a lot of future events if/when they decide to make a season 4.

Thoughts?

First off welcome to the forums
Secondly the first option is the only feasible one considering that the other 2 options are perfect ways to ruin a formula thats worked very well.

The third one is foolhardy mainly because of the fact that this is one of those shows that if u miss certain events its critical.

DOmus
2015-01-13, 08:50

Thoughts?

First one. Nothing more, nothing less, the 2 volumes per season has worked, so I hope it remains like that

Candyman5OS
2015-01-13, 09:25
First off welcome to the forums
Secondly the first option is the only feasible one considering that the other 2 options are perfect ways to ruin a formula thats worked very well.

The third one is foolhardy mainly because of the fact that this is one of those shows that if u miss certain events its critical.

First one. Nothing more, nothing less, the 2 volumes per season has worked, so I hope it remains like that

I agree with both of you and I hope they dont ruin a proven formula.

However if they were to do a 2 cour season it be more likely (IMO) they do it with season 4 (If one is made) with Volumes 7, 8(Not much in this chapter), 9 and 10. Im not saying they should do a 2 cour season, I am saying that if they do choose to do one then season 4 would be the more logical time to do it due to the short story Volume.

Also thanks for the Welcome. :)

Direwolf18
2015-01-13, 10:42
I agree Candy. I'm a tad worried about season 4 if it's only one cour. To much happens and I can't see them ending the season with a dead Ise.

GDB
2015-01-13, 10:46
Season 2's OPs were a little sullen at times if you just look at individual scenes. I'm sure most of the trailer is from the new OP.

Biohazardous
2015-01-13, 15:50
I agree Candy. I'm a tad worried about season 4 if it's only one cour. To much happens and I can't see them ending the season with a dead Ise.

Too much rage to do that. It would have to announce season 5 RIGHT after. It also has to be a very short time like 1 airing season gap 2 tops. Any more than that and you risk killing everything. The best way to end would be he die roll into 2nd cour. End season with Ise coming back opening a can of whoop arse with GR. Lots and lots of hype from that Light novel and anime sales would go up A LOT.

ImperialFlameGod8190
2015-01-13, 17:49
Too much rage to do that. It would have to announce season 5 RIGHT after. It also has to be a very short time like 1 airing season gap 2 tops. Any more than that and you risk killing everything. The best way to end would be he die roll into 2nd cour. End season with Ise coming back opening a can of whoop arse with GR. Lots and lots of hype from that Light novel and anime sales would go up A LOT.

first off there's a serious mistake in that logic. Season 3 will cover volumes 5 and 6

Even If season 4 is 2 cour it would cover 7 (some short stories in 8) 9 and 10. Issei's death wouldnt happen in that 2 cour period anyway what you would end with is Issei's fight with Sairoarg so Issei's death woudlnt occur anyway

Candyman5OS
2015-01-13, 19:21
first off there's a serious mistake in that logic. Season 3 will cover volumes 5 and 6

Even If season 4 is 2 cour it would cover 7 (some short stories in 8) 9 and 10. Issei's death wouldnt happen in that 2 cour period anyway what you would end with is Issei's fight with Sairoarg so Issei's death woudlnt occur anyway

I agree, to end with Issei's death they would need to fit a whole lot more into that 2 cour and that would not be good. A 2 cour alone (If it happened) with Volumes 5-10 would already be so crammed full.

Edit: I actually misread you post. I was talking about if they made season 3 a 2 cour. If season 4 was a 2 cour I could see them adding Volume 11 in it due to the small content of Volume 8. So Volumes 7, 8 (Little bit, they could make the other stories into OVA if they like), 9, 10, 11.

Biohazardous
2015-01-14, 17:02

I didn't count out what season his death would be in. I was just commenting on them ending with a dead Ise. Sorry :)

Gary29
2015-01-14, 19:57

IMO, season 4 needs to be 2-cour just to adapt volumes 7 and 9 (plus the last side-story in volume 8). If you look at all the content in those two volumes alone, you can't fit it in 12 episodes, and it would rush a lot if they tried to add volume 10 at the end. Depending on the success of that, it could pave the way for a season 5 consisting of 10-12 in 24 episodes.

But that's actually one of the few things that worries me. Depending on how many more years DxD runs, they could have the perfect ending-place with volume 12 and just skip the prediction of the 4th arc with the magicians and such. Which would be an extreme shame because to me the current arc is by far the best arc.

Season 2's OPs were a little sullen at times if you just look at individual scenes. I'm sure most of the trailer is from the new OP.

Doubt it. I think it was said on the haremking site (I'll double-check later) that those scenes were created specifically for the PV. I'm expecting something a lot better for the OP.

Biohazardous
2015-01-15, 16:19
They should do 2-cour seasons from now on. Plenty of material and it should sell well.

Direwolf18
2015-01-15, 16:39
So I fail at math (as a mechanical engineer that's not a good sign) and was off by a season.

As we say in my profession, usualy after something goes catastrophically wrong possibly involving a fire and or explosion.

Whoops.

My point still remains about concerns how they will split up that arc.

I could see later seasons going to 2 cour especially seeing how successful the show has been.

Armando99
2015-01-17, 06:32
I just hope season 3 comes out on time.
That's all I'm asking.

Biohazardous
2015-01-17, 10:43
The question is do we watch as it airs or watch all at once.

ImperialFlameGod8190
2015-01-17, 11:29
I'd say watch it as it airs because season 3 is gonna have plenty of fun moments and some of these episodes u will want to watch over and over especially early on cause we're gonna have some crazy cool moments
The first 3-4 episodes will see Issei's new house (along with group fun on issei's giant bed. The devil world the train scene at and likely issei's training along with all the devils (now that i think about it we've never had a picture of the Agres heir and we'll see sairoarg and maybe kuroka.

Gary29
2015-01-17, 11:59
Don't you mean season 3? Not season 6 :heh:

I'm definitely gonna watch it as it airs. I'm still debating watching a livestream as it airs in Japan or waiting for it to be uploaded and watching the raw while I wait for subs.. probably the former seeing as subs usually come out pretty fast for DxD.

Since it's most likely 12 episodes, episode 1 should be the renovated Hyoudou Residence, the discussion in Ise's room, the train scene, the arrival to the Underworld and meeting Rias' parents (maybe ending with the dinner scene?). Episode 2 would then continue with Venelana teaching Ise, the meeting with all the Devils, (the hot springs scene!) the start of everyone's training, Koneko's Nekomata revelation, and then episode 3 might be the continuation of Ise's training and then the confrontation with Kuroka, saving the battle for episode 4. That way they have another 2 episodes for the Rating Game and then they have 6 left for volume 6.

B214
2015-01-17, 18:19
The singer for High School DxD BorN's opening has been decided.

http://i.imgur.com/I62aIYW.jpg

Biohazardous
2015-01-17, 22:17
I'll prob watch as it airs with my gf. I recently showed her it and she loves it. She is not a reader but Im trying to get her to read DxD.

Gary29
2015-01-21, 09:14
So Ishibumi just updated his blog, and the pre-screening for High School DxD BorN is going to be on March 15th. I wish I could go; if anyone here does go, do tell us how it was.

Armando99
2015-01-23, 22:57
Season 3 is not even out yet but I seem to read a lot of people talking about season 4 or even beyond. Is there any basis for these claims other than "wishes"?

GDB
2015-01-23, 23:15
Consistently sells well and plenty of source material.

sunsengnim
2015-01-23, 23:34
Season 3 is not even out yet but I seem to read a lot of people talking about season 4 or even beyond. Is there any basis for these claims other than "wishes"?

Sales/ popularity are good and consistent and the animation studio (TNK) has voiced enthusiasm for the series since it's one of the few well selling series they work on (so they're pushing from their side as well for more seasons).

How often do you see a series get a 3rd season? once in a blue moon.
If it can get a 3rd season (which is going to be the best one so far if you've read the source material) there's no reason to believe the popularity is going to lessen it's only going to increase which means everyone involved is going to make BANK.

That's why everyone is confident it's going to continue getting more seasons.

RED IV
2015-01-24, 04:13
If these guys were serious,they could make dxd an anime that could go toe to toe with fairy tail or naruto

ImperialFlameGod8190
2015-01-24, 04:41
If these guys were serious,they could make dxd an anime that could go toe to toe with fairy tail or naruto

thats not saying much anymore but unless they can make it a continuous situation instead of go through the 12 episodes and game over it will never be on those two shows level

RED IV
2015-01-24, 13:55
Problem about dxd,with it's ecchi scenes it's seasons won't go past the 12 episode mark

Biohazardous
2015-01-24, 14:46
Why does ecchi scenes mean not going past 12?

Gary29
2015-01-24, 19:58
Problem about dxd,with it's ecchi scenes it's seasons won't go past the 12 episode mark

Clearly you've never heard of To LOVE-Ru :heh:

DxD having ecchi scenes has absolutely nothing to do with whether or not it will get a 2-cour in the future. Sure, it shows nipples and such, but that has no effect on it. It's the best ecchi series, period. That's a plus for a future 2-cour, not a hindrance to its success.

Nicaea
2015-01-25, 22:34
I can't wait to sing the song of Juggernaut

ImperialFlameGod8190
2015-01-25, 22:43
I can't wait to sing the song of Juggernaut

i believe u mean the oppai dragon song

DOmus
2015-01-25, 23:05
That song will be the highlight of the OST songs...

Rokumonsen
2015-01-26, 02:46
Yes, the legendary Oppai Dragon Song...

They better make it good.

II Maestro
2015-01-26, 06:47
The oppai dragon song will become my phone ringtone. Especially the "CLICK-CLICK ZOOM-ZOOM IYAAAN".

Wonder if the encounter between Vali & Mil-tan will be animated.

DragoMuseveni
2015-01-26, 08:18
I hope so .. it will be pretty funny to see vali and mil tan face to face :)) . Also i want to see great red animated so i can put him wallpaper on my phone

Candyman5OS
2015-01-27, 10:19
Theres so Many things I cant wait to see in Season 3:

Theres Akeno getting more aggressive especially on the train. That whole train scene I hope will be wonderful.

Introduction to Rias Family in Underworld with Ise doing formal training. Lol.

House renovation. Be cool to see that scale and I hope they show the training room.

Ise BB along with Tannis and the training.

Freed getting wrecked by Kiba and I hope they make it as gruesome as it was in LN.

The whole staggered Ise looking lifeless stumbling around and then him going insane with JD. Draig telling everyone to run. This all including the Judgement Drive Chant.

The birth of the oppai dragon song

More Draig conversation

Introduction of Odin, Ross, Great Red and seeing Orphis more.

Koneko and her power along with seeing her sister Kuroka, son goku and Tannis fighting.

Sitri Rating game and seeing Akeno getting pissed. Also Kiba and Xenovia fight

The 3 legged race with Asia and Ise and the kiss afterwards.

Also Akeno in the magazine store with Ise...lol.

Not sure if we are supposed to use spoilers but I did anyway.

Biohazardous
2015-01-27, 14:36
Candy I agree with your list especially Ddraig. I love him he's awesome. Hope the relationship between him and Ise continues to grow. They can learn so much from each other. If I had to pick a favorite that was not one of the girls or Ise it would be him.

Weather
2015-01-28, 14:02
The better give us a preview of the Oppai Dragon Song soon.

Can't wait for it.

Newhope
2015-01-30, 21:06
Frist promo picture.

http://i1280.photobucket.com/albums/a491/Agarest2/4d4cad02a2eacb41ef310e25313e60be_zpsfj3tulw6.jpg

Candyman5OS
2015-01-31, 15:24
“Asia? Where did you go? Hey, let's go. We are going home. Dad and Mum are waiting. I-If you hide, then we won't be able to go home. Hahaha, Asia sure likes to play around.”
Ise-kun……starts to look around for Asia-san. While walking weakly on his foot…..
“Asia? Let's go home. Now, there is no one here anymore who would bully you Asia. Even if there was, I would beat them up! So let's go back. Asia, we still have to do the three-legged race for the sports festival……”
-I wasn't able to look at him.
Seeing that, Koneko-chan and Gasper-kun started crying. Akeno-san also looks away, and tears are flowing out from her eyes. Buchou is hugging Ise-kun gently.
I also couldn't stop the thing coming out from my eyes……
“Buchou, I can't find Asia. Even though we are finally able to go home. We still need to hide under the basement Sensei told us. But if Asia isn't here…….. ………D-Dad and Mum said Asia was their daughter. Asia also said Dad and Mum are like her real parents as well….. She is my……. She is our important family……”
Ise-kun says it with an emotionless face, and Buchou gently strokes Ise-kun's cheek.

“Vulgar reincarnated devil and the dragon which is the same as garbage. The princess of Gremory seriously has bad taste indeed. That girl disappeared beyond to the dimension. Her body should have perished by now. –It means, she died.”
Then Ise-kun's gaze locked onto Shalba, who is floating.
Like that, he continues to look at him. He looks bizarre. He continues to look at Shalba emotionlessly.
[Rias Gremory, leave this place at once. If you don't want to die, then it would be better to leave here immediately.]
Ddraig's voice. He emitted a sound, so even we can hear him. Leave? What does he mean? Buchou also put on a puzzled face like me. Ddraig then directed his voice to Shalba.
[The devil over there. Shalba was your name, right?]
Ise-kun pushes Buchou away, and stands up.
[-You…]
Ise-kun heads towards Shalba, while walking like a ghoul. When he went underneath Shalba, Ddraig's voice comes out from Ise-kun's mouth! His sound doesn't have a slight emotion that it gives chills to my body.
[Made the wrong choice.]
DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOON!!!

The shrine shook violently, and Ise-kun starts to emit a blood-like red aura! That aura starts to rise, and it gets bigger. It started to dye the whole area inside the shrine red.
I can understand from the quality of the aura I can feel with my skin! That aura…….is dangerous! From Ise-kun's mouth, a curse-like chant is emitted. The voice isn't just that of Ise-kun. Young. Old. Male. Female. A creepy sound which is mixed with voices of several people.
[I, who is about to awaken…]
<It started.> <Looks like it will start.>
[Am the Heavenly Dragon that has stolen the principles of domination from God….]
<It was always like that, no matter what.> <That's not right; it was like that every time.>
[I laugh at the “infinite”, and I grieve at the “dream”….]
<The one the World seeks….> <The one the World rejects....>
[I shall become the Red Dragon of Domination…]
<It was always power.> <It was always love.>

<<You guys choose destruction no matter how many times!>>
Ise-kun's armour starts to change…. It became more sharp, and it grew large wings. From both hands and feet, claw-like things appeared. On the helm, many horn-like things appeared.
-That appearance is a dragon itself.
And then, from all the jewels in its body, a mixed scream like voice of the old, the young, man, and woman is emitted!
“ “ “ “ “ “ “ And I shall sink you to the depths of crimson purgatory!” ” ” ” ” ” ”

[Juggernaut Drive!!!!!!!!!!]

I hope this is done right and gives me chills like when I read it.

Gary29
2015-01-31, 20:40
Really like Akeno's face in that promo picture. Xenovia looks pasty white :heh: And, of course, a really great ... view :D The illustration style is pretty high-quality.

~I hope we get another PV soon, I can't wait to see anime-Kuroka.

Rokumonsen
2015-02-02, 23:40
~I hope we get another PV soon, I can't wait to see anime-Kuroka.

Here's to hoping she's as hot as Himari Noihara. Or better.

dmaxzero
2015-02-03, 15:57
More Akeno pls.
First episode will have the legendary scene of Akeno climbing below the covers in Isse´s bed.

Nvis
2015-02-04, 02:01
That's quite the promo.

Where do I sign up? :naughty:

Candyman5OS
2015-02-04, 03:51
More Akeno pls.
First episode will have the legendary scene of Akeno climbing below the covers in Isse´s bed.

Akeno should have a lot of focus in this season. I mean you got Akeno under covers, Akeno on Train, Akeno in the Rating Game with Issei in the store, Akeno getting mad when Issei retires in Rating game before she shows off, Akeno when promised a Date going OP. I am sure I missed some but those are just the ones on the top of my head.

I am not using spoilers anymore since we are in the LN threads so everyone should already be aware that there would be spoilers here. Its not like I am in the Anime section posting them. If I should edit with spoilers please let me know.

Armando99
2015-02-06, 00:15
I wonder if season 3 will include where Rias and Issei will be tested by the four Maou's + one and Issei having no clue that it is a test for his engagement with Rias.

DOmus
2015-02-06, 00:17
I want to see the scene of Ophis and Great Red

GDB
2015-02-06, 00:22
I wonder if season 3 will include where Rias and Issei will be tested by the four Maou's + one and Issei having no clue that it is a test for his engagement with Rias.

According to the official timeline from the author, that story takes place after Volume 7. This season should only cover volumes 5 and 6. Granted they moved the familiar short story up a volume, but that was to put something mid-season. This would have to be moved up two volumes and it'd cut into the continuous story of the season.

I'd expect it in an OVA or season 4, either as an early episode or pushing it back a volume to a mid-season episode.

Armando99
2015-02-06, 00:54
According to the official timeline from the author, that story takes place after Volume 7. This season should only cover volumes 5 and 6. Granted they moved the familiar short story up a volume, but that was to put something mid-season. This would have to be moved up two volumes and it'd cut into the continuous story of the season.

I'd expect it in an OVA or season 4, either as an early episode or pushing it back a volume to a mid-season episode.

I am not so sure that it would not be a great follow up shortly after he was put into those special training by Rias' mom.

I would also agree that it also makes sense to leave it for later specially after his promotion to mid-level class since that promotion was pretty much a compromise because he already qualified to high class or even beyond.

Gary29
2015-02-22, 19:47
Small update on BorN.

Season 3 will have 2 OP songs, like NEW did. They are "Bless Your Name" and "Hello, Hello, Hello".

Source: http://iwill-music.co.jp/choucho/news.html#150220

Chichiryuushintei
2015-02-22, 20:03
Small update on BorN.

Season 3 will have 2 OP songs, like NEW did. They are "Bless Your Name" and "Hello, Hello, Hello".

Source: http://iwill-music.co.jp/choucho/news.html#150220

I'm not sure if I should be happy about this. I heard Fate/kaleid's OP so I think she's definitely going to do a good job. But shouldn't they focus the budget on the fights animation? They are not as bad as Toei level animation, but a little more quality would certainly be welcome.

Gary29
2015-02-23, 09:23
I'm not sure if I should be happy about this. I heard Fate/kaleid's OP so I think she's definitely going to do a good job. But shouldn't they focus the budget on the fights animation? They are not as bad as Toei level animation, but a little more quality would certainly be welcome.

B214 knows Japanese better than I do, so I'll take his word for it. Apparently only Bless Your Name is the OP for BorN, and the other one is a song for a game. So they decided to go with one OP again and focus more on the animation.

Chichiryuushintei
2015-02-23, 11:41
B214 knows Japanese better than I do, so I'll take his word for it. Apparently only Bless Your Name is the OP for BorN, and the other one is a song for a game. So they decided to go with one OP again and focus more on the animation.

Yay!!! The early fights will be better! I hope... I'll just enter full hype mode anyway so it doesn't really matter... /o/

ImperialFlameGod8190
2015-02-23, 11:52
Yay!!! The early fights will be better! I hope... I'll just enter full hype mode anyway so it doesn't really matter... /o/

To be honest these are the first volumes that have quality fights because the first few volumes dont have quality fights IMO. The fanservice aspects really carried the early part of this show because the fights are heavily unappealing.

GDB
2015-02-23, 14:02

If it's anything like long running shows (ie: Detective Conan), they hire an agency or are otherwise associated with an agency, and that's it. The agency then decided to use two songs, likely to promote up and coming singers/bands. The only affect this would have on the budget is if they decided to animate two separate OPs for it. But if it's anything like New was, the first will be half of the second with generic animation from the series spliced in, while the second gets the rest of the actual animation.

To be honest these are the first volumes that have quality fights because the first few volumes dont have quality fights IMO. The fanservice aspects really carried the early part of this show because the fights are heavily unappealing.

Not sure what you're talking about. The drama and feelings during the Raynare fight and the awesome back and forth during the rating game with Raiser were awesome. I can see that being the case for New, since the only good fight was Issei vs Vali, and that was only one episode.

Biohazardous
2015-02-23, 14:16
Long as they animate right it all just gets better anyway. :D

jopjopjop
2015-02-23, 14:19
I agree with Imperial. Vol. 1-4 are lackluster and the fights didn't help at all. Most will probably shelve the series up and label it as generic and full of fanservice.

That's why personally, I was worried on the anime not having enough traction to push through to what it is now as Volume 6 is where things really get interesting.

Seafoam
2015-02-23, 15:09
I'm okay with them using a chunk of the budget for animating Juggernaut Drive. :D

ImperialFlameGod8190
2015-02-23, 15:11
Not sure what you're talking about. The drama and feelings during the Raynare fight and the awesome back and forth during the rating game with Raiser were awesome. I can see that being the case for New, since the only good fight was Issei vs Vali, and that was only one episode.

the drama and feelings during the fight were good with Raynare thats fine. As for Raiser lets be honest that fight was cheap. Ddraig won that fight as much as anybody and even i gotta give a little Good grief to the holy water and cross situation.
The issei vali fight wasnt much better. Issei was getting owned pulled a crazy stunt with vali's jewel and was still about to lose. Issei freaking out about the boobs is the only reason vali was actually damaged plus its clear that if Bikou didnt interfere issei was a dead man. One sided fights that end in a cheap way arent exactly good fights

Biohazardous
2015-02-23, 15:54
True Issei would have been dead if Bikou didnt come. He barely handled balance breaker. No way he could even dream of countering Vali going Juggernaut and that point. Tho give him a little credit for being a new devil pushing someone like Vali to even consider (though it wasn't a consider since he started the chant) using his ultimate move.

ImperialFlameGod8190
2015-02-23, 17:58
True Issei would have been dead if Bikou didnt come. He barely handled balance breaker. No way he could even dream of countering Vali going Juggernaut and that point. Tho give him a little credit for being a new devil pushing someone like Vali to even consider (though it wasn't a consider since he started the chant) using his ultimate move.

When u consider that the only reason he actually hurt vali is because he freaked out about the girls Boobs getting halved is a pretty sad reality.

Direwolf18
2015-02-23, 18:12
When u consider that the only reason he actually hurt vali is because he freaked out about the girls Boobs getting halved is a pretty sad reality.

Well... yea... It is kinda par for the course though. There is a reason that poor Draig AND Albion had a mental breakdown.

Ravagerblade
2015-02-23, 18:27

Totally, I mean common! Small boobs are good too!! DFC!!

saw2097
2015-02-23, 18:53
the drama and feelings during the fight were good with Raynare thats fine. As for Raiser lets be honest that fight was cheap. Ddraig won that fight as much as anybody and even i gotta give a little Good grief to the holy water and cross situation.
The issei vali fight wasnt much better. Issei was getting owned pulled a crazy stunt with vali's jewel and was still about to lose. Issei freaking out about the boobs is the only reason vali was actually damaged plus its clear that if Bikou didnt interfere issei was a dead man. One sided fights that end in a cheap way arent exactly good fights

Vali yes, but he succeeded in keeping Vali from killing anyone and he won Vali's respect.

Saying the Raiser fight was Ddraig's doing is silly though, Ise won through a strategy he created and using holy water and a cross is just coming to a battle prepared.

And he got the power through sacrificing his left arm.

Saying that its cheap of him to use those is the same as saying its cheap for Xenovia or Irina to use a holy sword.

He got weapons that worked and used them.

ImperialFlameGod8190
2015-02-23, 18:58
Vali yes, but he succeeded in keeping Vali from killing anyone and he won Vali's respect.

Saying the Raiser fight was Ddraig's doing is silly though, Ise won through a strategy he created and using holy water and a cross is just coming to a battle prepared.

And he got the power through sacrificing his left arm.

Saying that its cheap of him to use those is the same as saying its cheap for Xenovia or Irina to use a holy sword.

He got weapons that worked and used them.

I get your point but there's a distinct difference between the concept. Xenovia and Irina using holy swords is their power and only their power and they control its usage.

Using holy water and Cross is nice strategy but lets face it Issei was significantly weaker then Raiser. the fact that the BB transformation was on Ddraig is why i say that. The holy water and cross thing is clever but lets face it. Issei himself didnt win the fight which is what i knock the kid for.

saw2097
2015-02-23, 19:05
I get your point but there's a distinct difference between the concept. Xenovia and Irina using holy swords is their power and only their power and they control its usage.

Using holy water and Cross is nice strategy but lets face it Issei was significantly weaker then Raiser. the fact that the BB transformation was on Ddraig is why i say that. The holy water and cross thing is clever but lets face it. Issei himself didnt win the fight which is what i knock the kid for.

Wrong.

Other characters are fully capable of using holy swords.

Durandel wasn't originally Xenovia's she is just the latest one to carry it.

In fact there are other people that can carry and use Durendel, such as the main villain of volume 19.

Kiba used the power of Durendel in Volume 5, was that cheap as well?

Irinia is just using a sword from the armory in heaven.

As for the BB, once again you are forgetting that Ise had to sacrifice his arm to awaken a premature BB, he used the Boosted Gear just as he always does, he just used a premature BB by sacrificing a limb.

Also a lot of characters use weapons in fights, where would Souji be without his sword.

Gary29
2015-02-23, 19:10

It's not as if Ise's Balance Breaker was a gift from Ddraig. It was incomplete, only lasted 10 seconds, and Ise had to sacrifice his left arm for just that. Saying that Ise didn't win the fight himself because he used Asia's help and the Sekiryuutei's power is nonsense. He and Ddraig are the Sekiryuutei, does every other fight he took part in where he used BB/CCQ not count as his victory? Does Asia giving him her holy water/cross mean he automatically used it effectively? He's gotten some sort of help from others in most of his fights up until volume 12. He still won those fights because he used what he had to his advantage through tactical thinking.

Biohazardous
2015-02-23, 19:37
Part of power or what ever you want to call it is knowing what you have and how to use it. He knows he is not strong and uses the tools available to compensate. Winning something you wasn't expected to win or putting of enough of a fight to make the person who challenged you think again is something. I think it shows more about the underdog over the person pushing. Vali wanted his full rage and found what buttons to push and got the results he wanted. He got them sooner than he wanted to. Im sure he fully expected to kill everyone there leaving Ise alone crying vowing revenge.

ImperialFlameGod8190
2015-02-23, 19:52
heh fine i lose this fight i'll give him credit for the Raiser fight. That being said outside of the fanservice moments DxD and testament are both underwhelming

Seafoam
2015-02-23, 21:10
heh fine i lose this fight i'll give him credit for the Raiser fight. That being said outside of the fanservice moments DxD and testament are both underwhelming

The first two story arcs would be pretty terrible if not for the fanservice, but the last one and the current one would be decent without it. IMO at least, the plot has been pretty good since Vol 9, and some of the fights were memorable.

Ravagerblade
2015-02-23, 21:19
I liked Raynare and the rating game the most from Season 1, Season 2 was Xenovia.

Season 3 I'm probably going to like the rating game again. We might just get to see Kuroka animated.

ImperialFlameGod8190
2015-02-23, 21:28
The first two story arcs would be pretty terrible if not for the fanservice, but the last one and the current one would be decent without it. IMO at least, the plot has been pretty good since Vol 9, and some of the fights were memorable.

Season 1 was rather tame frankly it had its moments but not many. Season 2 As much as it involves my two favorite characters Xenovia and Irina it felt like half the episodes were various fanservice scenes. And then boss fight

I liked Raynare and the rating game the most from Season 1, Season 2 was Xenovia.

Season 3 I'm probably going to like the rating game again. We might just get to see Koroka animated.

Season 3 is gonna be one of those seasons that is gonna have a lot of moments you like but also some moments that will be rather harsh. You thought Raynare and Freed were scummy wait till u meet Diodora

Ravagerblade
2015-02-23, 21:42
Season 1 was rather tame frankly it had its moments but not many. Season 2 As much as it involves my two favorite characters Xenovia and Irina it felt like half the episodes were various fanservice scenes. And then boss fight

Season 3 is gonna be one of those seasons that is gonna have a lot of moments you like but also some moments that will be rather harsh. You thought Raynare and Freed were scummy wait till u meet Diodora

lol Diodora was evil with his scheme, but he's still rather tame to other characters/villains in later arcs, imo.

Biohazardous
2015-02-24, 09:15
I can't wait to see Ise flip his lid on Diodora.

crisrko
2015-02-24, 09:23
I can't wait to see Ise flip his lid on Diodora.

this and the juggernaut scene
PLEASE do not fuck up the juggernaut scene

ImperialFlameGod8190
2015-02-24, 09:31
this and the juggernaut scene
PLEASE do not fuck up the juggernaut scene

The juggernaut scene is a brilliant scene unfortunately somehow i suspect its gonna get fucked up. That being said i must admit despite these volumes being among the most interesting i confess there's really only 4 things they need to do well for this season to be a good one but if they screw 1 or 2 of them up this season is a wash (the brackets have the episode i think it will go with rough estimate)
1. Issei's training with Tannin (end of episode 2 and most of 3)
2. Issei's balance breaker (around middle of episode 4)
3. Diodora's butt kicking episode 11
4. Juggernaut drive end of 11 and episode 12.

The Sona v Rias fight i dont care much for and it wont be a big deal IMO

DragoMuseveni
2015-02-24, 09:57
I believe JD won`t be screwed . This is the the best scene at the end of volume 6 . From my opinion they did a great job with ise going bersek on vali at the end of season two ( i like it so much that part that I replayed it over on over again fort the sound of boost and ise fighting whit all he got ) , so i believe the JD scene won`t be screwed.
Also i believe , if they gonna focus on fights , the balance breaker secene and the JD scene will be pretty good animated .

Biohazardous
2015-02-24, 11:41
I dont think they will mess it up. If they want to continue the series they have to convey the impact of the fights well. The hype from the fights will drive sales for the series both in anime and light novel.

GDB
2015-02-25, 00:12

...It's almost as if you don't understand what kind of series this is.

Using holy water and Cross is nice strategy but lets face it Issei was significantly weaker then Raiser.

Sorry, but I like this fact. It's beyond annoying when a series does the cliche of sending progressively stronger enemies at the protagonist so that they can struggle to win but still pull out a victory, and each time getting stronger so they can defeat the next stronger enemy.

The holy water and cross thing is clever but lets face it. Issei himself didnt win the fight which is what i knock the kid for.

Like how Raiser's team had to use Phoenix Tears, which weren't their own power? Without Yubelluna using it, she'd have lost to Akeno. That would leave the final confrontation as Rias, Asia, Issei, Kiba, and Akeno vs Raiser and Ravel. Instead, we get Rias and Issei vs Raiser, Yubelluna, and Ravel.

Armando99
2015-02-25, 23:00
I liked the way it happened as is. The kid showed innovation and versatility by recognizing that Devils are weak to Holy power. Not only that, he also showed determination in sacrificing his arm to accomplish his objective. It had nothing to do with a power up at the last minute but a well executed plan that a military genius would be envious of. I really believed that this was his greatest character build that established a solid foundation of what is to come later on.

GrrDraxin
2015-02-26, 20:04
Ise has shown to use his brain and passions in unconventional ways, so I do see him thinking outside of the box. He just has to do it more often these days, especially when it comes to Risivim.

Gary29
2015-02-28, 12:30
NEW BorN VISUAL!!!

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B-6_4yPUsAA051f.jpg

Full article: http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2015/02/28/new-harem-key-visual-for-tv-anime-high-school-dxd-born-posted

Oh my god, Rossweisse-chan looks fantastic. And they added Irina in too. This... is just making the wait for April (and March, but only 10 more days!) even more excruciating...!

I also found it interesting that the OP title is BLESS YoUr NAME. Bless YoUr Name. :heh:

~And, with the OP being on sale on April 15th, a Wednesday, I predict BorN to begin airing on the 11th/12th, that weekend.

DragoMuseveni
2015-02-28, 12:43
Ross and irina in the same shot . Why do i get the feeling that season 3 will include volume 7 as well?

Seafoam
2015-02-28, 12:45
Ross and irina in the same shot . Why do i get the feeling that season 3 will include volume 7 as well?

Yeah I'm getting that impression too. Well let's hope so at least.

Gary29
2015-02-28, 13:00
Ever since Ishibumi talked about wanting to see the fight vs Hero-faction and Sairaorg animated, yet made no mention of Loki, I've had that feeling as well... And of course, the hype for Rossweisse. She only gets 2 scenes in volumes 5-6, and even if they add her in more scenes (like helping Odin fight the Old-Maou Faction) it's not enough to warrant all this advertising of her.

There's also a lot more info over on the official HaremKing website. (http://haremking.tv) Notable additions are:

Rossweisse, Vali and Kuroka's character pages
Second key visual picture (better quality version of the one I posted)
Second storyline description, which only mentions volume 5 content.

Weather
2015-02-28, 14:43
Fucking glorious shot. And Ross-sensei looks great!

Newhope
2015-02-28, 17:37
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B-55Rm9XEAAV94E.jpg

Chichiryuushintei
2015-02-28, 18:54
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B-55Rm9XEAAV94E.jpg

Wow. How ironic that Kuroka is the girl who shows the less amount of skin among all the girls+Gasper :D

Gary29
2015-02-28, 18:56
Wow. How ironic that Kuroka is the girl who shows the less amount of skin among all the girls+Gasper :D

That's because she doesn't wear a bra nor panties. She's completely naked under her kimono, so ... there was a limit to what they could show of her before the season begins :D:heh:

The 48th Ronin
2015-02-28, 20:31
Rossweisse... and Kuroka.

:love:

cyberdemon
2015-03-01, 00:41

I'm all for volume 7 as well but I hope it doesn't affect the quality of volume 5 and 6. Adding Volume 7 would make sense if they wanted to try to fit the hero faction arc into a future season since it would limit that story which is already more than 2 volumes long. To get the Hero faction arc in though they would likely have to consider a 24 episode season since they are 4 volumes to cover of continuing story.

The 48th Ronin
2015-03-01, 01:44
If they're including more volumes in this season, there will probably be no SS adaptations.

ImperialFlameGod8190
2015-03-01, 06:05
I'm all for volume 7 as well but I hope it doesn't affect the quality of volume 5 and 6. Adding Volume 7 would make sense if they wanted to try to fit the hero faction arc into a future season since it would limit that story which is already more than 2 volumes long. To get the Hero faction arc in though they would likely have to consider a 24 episode season since they are 4 volumes to cover of continuing story.

unfortunately i can guarantee that if they add volume 7 it WILL affect the quality because if its a 1 cour volume 5 and volume 6 each will need probably the maximum amount of episodes to do them properly 4 per is going to be a disaster that i can almost guarantee.

WingsoftheDragonix
2015-03-01, 11:09
That's because she doesn't wear a bra nor panties. She's completely naked under her kimono, so ... there was a limit to what they could show of her before the season begins :D:heh:
Pretty much this.
unfortunately i can guarantee that if they add volume 7 it WILL affect the quality because if its a 1 cour volume 5 and volume 6 each will need probably the maximum amount of episodes to do them properly 4 per is going to be a disaster that i can almost guarantee.

Yeah, that's what I fear too. Let's just hope that they know what they are doing.

Ravagerblade
2015-03-01, 11:20

Shouldn't that be the way your suppose to wear Kimono's. The Obi holds the Kimono.

Simonsy
2015-03-01, 11:39
unfortunately i can guarantee that if they add volume 7 it WILL affect the quality because if its a 1 cour volume 5 and volume 6 each will need probably the maximum amount of episodes to do them properly 4 per is going to be a disaster that i can almost guarantee.I disagree. I can see this being done fine in 3 volumes. These 3 volumes are kind of short in terms of needed exposition.

Here are the main points in each arc.

1. Koneko's history
2. Asia's history
3. Akeno's history

1 & 3 can easily take up an entire episodes worth of backstory, flashbacks, character introduction (sister, dad), ect. So that is 2 whole episodes just to cover those aspects.

Asia, we basically know her 100% backstory, there is only just to add that Diordora basically caused it. Shouldn't need more than a 1/4 of an episode to add that tidbit in. Half at most.

So then we have the conflicts of each arc.
1. Rating game with Sitri
2. Old-Satin faction invasion
3. Loki

The firts one I could see needing some good chunk of episodes due to introducing other young up and coming devils and then showing the more finer aspects of the rating games in deatil to the strategy to the other factions coming and watching ect. You know meet Odin and Rossweisee for a second, ect. Then the actual game will be nice to see fleshed out with Sitri's group members, since they stick around and show up many times and have shown up before. Be nice to get them fleshed out. So this is the majority of this season IMO.

Now the Old-satin faction invasion. This would hardly take any time at all. I mean the arc before we set up the whole Rating games and its system and tournament and everything. You just basically say "ok next match is Rias vs Diordora" and have it start. Terrorist interupt and we have a 1v1 type quick battles to reach diordora. They don't hardly need any time at all, its pretty much 1 shotting one after another. Then basically same for Ise, just then he goes Juggernaut and also 1 shot. Shouldn't take much to show this and not be skimping on material.

The last arc is the same. It's basically the same formula story wise and an earlier arc. Faction leaders meeting up to join alliance. Loki intervienes. Again super easy to explain adn show. The new characters Odin and Rossweise still are pretty minor characters, not much fleshign out done. Vali and his crew get fleshed out more than her, and we have been slowly fleshing them out as the series has gone, so its not like they need much.

Now I would love it if each arc have min of 6 episodes if not more. I'm not arguing it should be short, but I'm just saying if these 12 episodes do indeed cover 3 volumes I'm not scared right now. If there is any 3 volumes to pack into a 1 cour it would be these 3.

Then hopefully they planning on a 2 cour for the next season and it cover 9-12 in 24 episodes. Cover the whole hero arc at once. Toss in a few random ecchi situations for like Vol 8 or any they might skip in 5-7 and it would be all great.

ImperialFlameGod8190
2015-03-01, 11:57
I disagree. I can see this being done fine in 3 volumes. These 3 volumes are kind of short in terms of needed exposition.

1. Koneko's history
2. Asia's history
3. Akeno's history

1 & 3 can easily take up an entire episodes worth of backstory, flashbacks, character introduction (sister, dad), ect. So that is 2 whole episodes just to cover those aspects.

Asia, we basically know her 100% backstory, there is only just to add that Diordora basically caused it. Shouldn't need more than a 1/4 of an episode to add that tidbit in. Half at most.

So then we have the conflicts of each arc.
1. Rating game with Sitri
2. Old-Satin faction invasion
3. Loki

The firts one I could see needing some good chunk of episodes due to introducing other young up and coming devils and then showing the more finer aspects of the rating games in deatil to the strategy to the other factions coming and watching ect. You know meet Odin and Rossweisee for a second, ect. Then the actual game will be nice to see fleshed out with Sitri's group members, since they stick around and show up many times and have shown up before. Be nice to get them fleshed out. So this is the majority of this season IMO.

Now the Old-satin faction invasion. This would hardly take any time at all. I mean the arc before we set up the whole Rating games and its system and tournament and everything. You just basically say "ok next match is Rias vs Diordora" and have it start. Terrorist interupt and we have a 1v1 type quick battles to reach diordora. They don't hardly need any time at all, its pretty much 1 shotting one after another. Then basically same for Ise, just then he goes Juggernaut and also 1 shot. Shouldn't take much to show this and not be skimping on material.

The last arc is the same. It's basically the same formula story wise and an earlier arc. Faction leaders meeting up to join alliance. Loki intervienes. Again super easy to explain adn show. The new characters Odin and Rossweise still are pretty minor characters, not much fleshign out done. Vali and his crew get fleshed out more than her, and we have been slowly fleshing them out as the series has gone, so its not like they need much.

Now I would love it if each arc have min of 6 episodes if not more. I'm not arguing it should be short, but I'm just saying if these 12 episodes do indeed cover 3 volumes I'm not scared right now. If there is any 3 volumes to pack into a 1 cour it would be these 3.

Then hopefully they planning on a 2 cour for the next season and it cover 9-12 in 24 episodes. Cover the whole hero arc at once. Toss in a few random ecchi situations for like Vol 8 or any they might skip in 5-7 and it would be all great.

Your points arent wrong but you've missed a rather crucial aspect. Vol 5 has very little to do with Koneko's history. There are individual events that would take 1 episode each from volume 5 alone and a few of them. 1. Introduction and transition into the underworld is 1 1/2 episodes to do right. 2. Issei's training is 1 episode 3. The party and BB is roughly 1 episode also. and then we get to the sitri episode. You need 6 episodes if you want to do it properly Vol 6 is another simple one but frankly its still gonna be interesting

Gary29
2015-03-01, 13:18
I disagree. I can see this being done fine in 3 volumes. These 3 volumes are kind of short in terms of needed exposition.

<rest of post here>

That's not going to work. You completely forgot about Ise's training with Tannin, attaining Balance Breaker (which in itself includes introducing Kuroka and attending the dinner party where Ravel appears again), the Oppai Dragon stuff, and a lot of the detail with Akeno's backstory (for instance, when they go on a date and first meet Barakiel and when Ise comforts her after she throws herself at him). Not to mention those "random ecchi scenes" can't be skipped without re-writing the story (how does Ise learn about poking breasts if there's no hot springs scene?).

Covering up to volume 7 has to be a 2-cour. They can't do it in only 12 episodes.

1. Introduction and transition into the underworld is 1 1/2 episodes to do right.

Nah, they can arrive in the Underworld by the end of episode 1.

Shouldn't that be the way your suppose to wear Kimono's. The Obi holds the Kimono.

Really? In that case, most of the ORC girls wearing kimonos at the start of volume 19 (including Rossweisse!) just got way more interesting... :heh:

jopjopjop
2015-03-01, 13:27
Really? In that case, most of the ORC girls wearing kimonos at the start of volume 19 (including Rossweisse!) just got way more interesting... :heh:

Then Gasper's nuts and bolt were jiggling freely the whole visit. :heh:

WingsoftheDragonix
2015-03-01, 13:27

Yeah, normally that would be the case. But if I remember right they(the girls) can choose what it is better for them.

That's not going to work. You completely forgot about Ise's training with Tannin, attaining Balance Breaker (which in itself includes introducing Kuroka and attending the dinner party where Ravel appears again), the Oppai Dragon stuff, and a lot of the detail with Akeno's backstory (for instance, when they go on a date and first meet Barakiel and when Ise comforts her after she throws herself at him). Not to mention those "random ecchi scenes" can't be skipped without re-writing the story (how does Ise learn about poking breasts if there's no hot springs scene?).

Covering up to volume 7 has to be a 2-cour. They can't do it in only 12 episodes.
Agree. Also I am pretty sure to saw Isse vs Sairaorg in the trailer of Born. But as far I remember they don't fight before the rating game between him and Rias. Right?

jopjopjop
2015-03-01, 13:29
Agree. Also I am pretty sure to saw Isse vs Sairaorg in the trailer of Born. But as far I remember they don't fight before the rating game between him and Rias. Right?

That's just for the PV.

WingsoftheDragonix
2015-03-01, 17:50
^Now it is more clear. For a moment I thought that they were planning to add that part in this season of the anime. Thanks for the answer.

GrrDraxin
2015-03-01, 20:15
Didn't Ise and Sairaorg have like a mini spar before their rating game? For some reason I have the impression they did, if only to test the quality of the underground training room.

Simonsy
2015-03-01, 20:18
Didn't Ise and Sairaorg have like a mini spar before their rating game? For some reason I have the impression they did, if only to test the quality of the underground training room.

They had a tiny spar before he left to go to Kyoto if I remember correctly. It wasn't to test the underground training room though, just to have a quick little spar for fun. It was Sirzechs idea. Pretty sure he did it so that they got a taste of each others power and would thus help them to get a taste of each other and would get them to power up before their match

edi: The little spar happened at the gremory castle. I just looked it up quick

Nvis
2015-03-01, 21:56
Glad I check this thread weekly.

Firmly securing my claim on Kuroka.:nod:

Ionno, but she looks better in the novel, or I had really high expectations.

jopjopjop
2015-03-01, 22:42
No! I was the one who saw her first. So, I got dibs. :frustrated:

Was alerted when the site went down for a few minutes and went live again. :3

smbjoshy
2015-03-01, 23:14
Am I the only one with this type of opinion on most of the the main ladies?

Rias, Akeno, Grafia etc etc.. are goddess like hot. While Kuroka is dirty hot, plus, I think she can probably do things that the other girls can't, if you know what I mean. Glad to see her in anime form though :)

Biohazardous
2015-03-02, 17:40
Am I the only one with this type of opinion on most of the the main ladies?

Rias, Akeno, Grafia etc etc.. are goddess like hot. While Kuroka is dirty hot, plus, I think she can probably do things that the other girls can't, if you know what I mean. Glad to see her in anime form though :)

I think I can agree with you. Kuroka probably could do the most out of all the girls we know about from translations. ( added translations in case the ones who dont need translations know/see something we don't) :)

GrrDraxin
2015-03-02, 20:46
Ionno, but she looks better in the novel, or I had really high expectations.

That's because the character designer has to simplify the way the characters are drawn to make them easier to animate. So all the nice gradients and color tricks that Miyama-zero uses in the original art are removed and/or simplified, and that generally leaves the designs looking more bland and generic.

Now, if somehow they develop animation techniques that can preserve those original characteristics of the base arts to animate directly, then anime as it is now would have just a little less of it's current generic look.

Though I have a feeling that if things continue as they are, in a few more years that will be possible, and I have a feeling that the developers of hentai games will likely make it possible, such as what they are using for some of the Black Lilith titles and other games that use similar game animation techniques. It will just evolve.

Gary29
2015-03-06, 12:12
I just realized why the harem pic gives off such a feeling of covering up to volume 7... It's because Rossweisse is wearing the Kuoh Academy skirt!

Thank you to a guy from Crunchyroll for pointing this out.

S.Freedom
2015-03-06, 12:20
I don't know Gary.

It looks more like the skirt belongs to Irina honestly. Irina seems to be bending over at the waist at such an angle that her rear end is in front of Rossweise.

Basically if Irina was standing up and not bent over in the pic she'd be obstructing our view of Rosswies.

Gary29
2015-03-06, 12:22
Shit, you're right. Nevermind then. There goes that theory :heh:

S.Freedom
2015-03-06, 12:28
Don't worry I've wondered what Ross would look like in Kuoh Academy girls uniform myself a few times. :p

Which brings up a question I've had for awhile. Why was Ross made a teacher instead of a transfer student like Irina, Asia or Ravel?

Biohazardous
2015-03-06, 12:34
Don't worry I've wondered what Ross would look like in Kuoh Academy girls uniform myself a few times. :p

Which brings up a question I've had for awhile. Why was Ross made a teacher instead of a transfer student like Irina, Asia or Ravel?

I think they said it was either her age or the knowledge she has. I don't remember which.

Seafoam
2015-03-06, 12:40
It was because she finished high school and college at an early age. She was basically a genius. :D

ImperialFlameGod8190
2015-03-06, 14:43
^Gary we all know volume 7 wont get involved dont think too much about it or you'll drive yourself nuts

jopjopjop
2015-03-06, 18:23
You know, now that I'm looking at this pic AGAIN, Rose is wearing her business suit which she only wears starting from the beginning of volume 7. Why didn't they just draw her in her Valkyrie outfit?! The teasing is too much.

Uhh. Because it would be weird?

jopjopjop
2015-03-06, 22:08
http://blog-imgs-76.fc2.com/e/m/d/emd2nd/dxdnew_sp01_06.jpg
http://blog-imgs-76.fc2.com/e/m/d/emd2nd/dxdnew_sp01_08.jpg
http://blog-imgs-76.fc2.com/e/m/d/emd2nd/dxdnew_sp01_13.jpg
http://blog-imgs-76.fc2.com/e/m/d/emd2nd/dxdnew_sp01_18.jpg
http://blog-imgs-76.fc2.com/e/m/d/emd2nd/dxdnew_sp01_36.jpg
http://blog-imgs-76.fc2.com/e/m/d/emd2nd/dxdnew_sp01_39.jpg

Chichiryuushintei
2015-03-06, 22:34

... O.K. This just redefined the meaning of greatness.

jopjopjop
2015-03-06, 22:38
Forgot to add the link to the other images. Sorry (http://emd2nd.blog47.fc2.com/blog-entry-4310.html). :heh:

Simonsy
2015-03-06, 22:49
Is this another original story by the Author like the last two OVA's or is this an adaptation of some short story not translated?

Also looks to be very similar to the last two OVA's. Bad guy is some pervert. Gussing Ise's respects the guy, but ends up beating him in the end.

Seems to be the theme of his OVA's. In the Light Novel, Ise is pretty much the only pervert in the series, yet in the OVA's all the bad guys are basically Ise's themselves.

jopjopjop
2015-03-06, 22:50
^Original story. The enemy now is Valper Galilei .... but with underwear. :heh:

So, what should be his title? Genocide Archbishop : Valper = ???? : this dude

Chris38
2015-03-06, 23:15
Well, after seeing those pictures, I guess that Ise has found another rival... :heh:

It definitely makes me wonder what kind of berserk button of Ise is going to be pressed, after the new enemy has done something like that to Rias and the other girls in Ise's harem...

The 48th Ronin
2015-03-07, 02:20
Is it released already?

Hokoga
2015-03-07, 04:55
Are you sure you won't get in trouble with the Mod for it not being censored?(not that I have a problem with it or anything. http://icons.iconarchive.com/icons/bad-blood/yolks-2/64/nose-bleed-icon.png)

WingsoftheDragonix
2015-03-07, 16:32
An interesting OVA for sure(seeing what kind of enemy they will have this time).

It definitely makes me wonder what kind of berserk button of Ise is going to be pressed, after the new enemy has done something like that to Rias and the other girls in Ise's harem...

I was wondering the same thing.

jopjopjop
2015-03-07, 22:15
raw OVA up now on http://www.gogoanime.com/highschool-dxd-new-episode-13

DragoMuseveni
2015-03-08, 03:35
This ova was good :)) . Azazel pushed again the right buttons on Ise

jopjopjop
2015-03-08, 03:43
He always does.

WingsoftheDragonix
2015-03-09, 04:50
This ova was good :)) . Azazel pushed again the right buttons on Ise

That's what make their relationship so interesting. He always know what to say/do to triggers the best reaction from Ise.

Biohazardous
2015-03-09, 08:41
Agree with the last three posts. Its The reason I like Azazel. He knows how to speak Ise.

Azazel: Hey let me break this down for you. This and this are about to happen.
Ise: NANIIIIIII??
Azazel: Big grin

jopjopjop
2015-03-09, 10:15
We now have a schedule for Season 3!! haremking.tv/onair

Chichiryuushintei
2015-03-09, 10:30
We now have a schedule for Season 3!! haremking.tv/onair

So, it will launch in April's 4th? That's earlier than I expected. o-o

DragoMuseveni
2015-03-09, 11:15
Is perfect . I expected to be this early if we take in account the other anime season that appears

jopjopjop
2015-03-09, 11:24
When I got the alert that the site updated and now with the air date for Season 3, I doubled back when I first saw it.

April 4 is too close to April 1. :upset::eyespin::heh: Does Japan even practice April Fool pranks?

Seafoam
2015-03-09, 11:26
That's the same day FSN is airing... my Saturdays will now become heavenly.

Gary29
2015-03-09, 11:29
26 days 'till DxD BorN begins airing, let the countdown begin. :heh:

Simonsy
2015-03-09, 13:25
Has it been confirmed yet if 1 or 2 cour.

Seafoam
2015-03-09, 13:31
Has it been confirmed yet if 1 or 2 cour.

No but we should learn on the 15th which it is.

Direwolf18
2015-03-09, 13:49
Really they haven't announced that yet?

Although I figure if it was going to be 2 cour they would have brought attention to it at this point. Although who knows a marketing major I am not.

Biohazardous
2015-03-09, 15:39
We can always hope until its official. Lack of material is not a reason only budget and other things they use to determine that.

Weather
2015-03-09, 18:13
And so the countdown begins...

ImperialFlameGod8190
2015-03-09, 20:11
It being 2-cour would be rather foolish but lets see

Seafoam
2015-03-09, 20:44
It being 2-cour would be rather foolish but lets see

Why? Does 2 cour hurt sales usually?

cyberdemon
2015-03-09, 21:35
Why? Does 2 cour hurt sales usually?

The big question is if they receive the budget necessary for a 2 cour. If they force it just make a 2 cour then the quality would suffer and sales would suffer as a result.

Biohazardous
2015-03-10, 08:52
Good points. If they do 2-cour I hope they have the budget to do it. It would be very foolish of them to let animation quality be bad. There is alot of money to be made from this series.

Direwolf18
2015-03-10, 09:03
2 cour done right would be fantastic. 2 cour done half assed would be as bad as cramming 4 volumes into a single cour.

Biohazardous
2015-03-10, 09:35
I agree Direwolf. I would prefer 2 cours from now on. Only if they do them right though. We can wait and see though.

GDB
2015-03-10, 09:39
Highschool DxD DX.2 to bundle "The Phoenix That Cannot Rise" OVA episode on December 9th. (http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2015-03-10/high-school-dxd-dx.2-light-novel-to-bundle-unaired-anime-episode/.85799)

If I recall, a lot of you were clamoring for this to be animated, were you not?

cyberdemon
2015-03-10, 09:45
Highschool DxD DX.2 to bundle "The Phoenix That Cannot Rise" OVA episode on December 9th. (http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2015-03-10/high-school-dxd-dx.2-light-novel-to-bundle-unaired-anime-episode/.85799)

yay. That was the story that I really wanted to see. Showing it could also mean that they have more seasons planned and are setting up Ravel. It so far away from being released though :(

WingsoftheDragonix
2015-03-10, 09:47
I agree Direwolf. I would prefer 2 cours from now on. Only if they do them right though. We can wait and see though.

I agree. As for now we really can't do anything but to hope for the better.

yay. That was the story that I really wanted to see. Showing it could also mean that they have more seasons planned and are setting up Ravel.
I was thinking the same thing.

Also, from what I can remember this SS it's pretty funny.

Gary29
2015-03-10, 12:32
Finally we will be getting short stories animated as OVAs!! But here's the most interesting thing: That short story takes place after volume 7. (Well, technically volume 8)

Also, AT-X has confirmed BorN will air uncensored. (http://www.at-x.com/program/detail/6206)

DOmus
2015-03-10, 12:39
Finally we will be getting short stories animated as OVAs!! But here's the most interesting thing: That short story takes place after volume 7. (Well, technically volume 8)

Also, AT-X has confirmed BorN will air uncensored. (http://www.at-x.com/program/detail/6206)

Little step for the humans, big step for the ecchi.

GDB
2015-03-10, 12:44

Unless Rossweiss has a huge role, there's absolutely no reason that they cannot change when it takes place like they did with the familiar hunt.

jopjopjop
2015-03-10, 13:01
Unless Rossweiss has a huge role, there's absolutely no reason that they cannot change when it takes place like they did with the familiar hunt.

"Familiar's Requirement" is compiled on Volume 8 but it took place after Volume 2. So, there's no problem there.

In "Unresurrected Phoenix" on the other hand, happened after Volume 7 as Rose is already part of the group, but she only said a one-liner. Even so, if she's already appearing in the anime, why not add her on the OVA as well.

cyberdemon
2015-03-10, 13:07

That is a good point. They pushed up introducing Sona and them and gave them more of a role in the first season despite not being introduced until volume 3. Perhaps they might try that with this season with Rossweiss as well as try to give some extra time to Ravel.

Biohazardous
2015-03-10, 13:18

Wait? Is this the SS where Ravel asks Ise to help her brother cus he has been a slump since getting his butt kicked? Also where he gets beat again for trying to get a peak at Rias?

Little step for the humans, big step for the ecchi.

Good to know.

Time for the long wait to see it animated. Well it wont be soo bad since season 3 will take up some of that time. And by the time we get a little slow from talking about season 3 and any new translated stuff we will have this. :)

GDB
2015-03-10, 14:05
"Familiar's Requirement" is compiled on Volume 8 but it took place after Volume 2. So, there's no problem there.

But it aired after Volume 1 and before Volume 2, so there's precedent.

Biohazardous
2015-03-10, 14:32
But it aired after Volume 1 and before Volume 2, so there's precedent.

We may have a similar one when they do this OVA. Ise keeps getting stronger. The time covered by season 3 might not technically have him at the stage of the short story.

jopjopjop
2015-03-13, 10:24
There will only be 6 Volumes of BD/DVDs to be sold for BorN. So, expect 12 episodes this coming season.

Chichiryuushintei
2015-03-13, 10:31
There will only be 6 Volumes of BD/DVDs to be sold for BorN. So, expect 12 episodes this coming season.

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww :(:(:(:(:(:(:(

Always86
2015-03-13, 10:35
That's a shame, any mention of extra footage, or mini OVAs for the discs?

Biohazardous
2015-03-13, 10:46
Awww :( Time to hope for OVAs

jopjopjop
2015-03-13, 10:58
Awww :( Time to hope for OVAs

There already is one scheduled on December 9 featuring "The Unresurrected Phoenix" short story.

Chichiryuushintei
2015-03-13, 11:03
There already is one scheduled on December 9 featuring "The Unresurrected Phoenix" short story.

I want them to animate the ones with Wendy and the Tennis Chick (Her name was... Abe or something?) And see the despair of anime-only watchers when they see how """"""""""cute"""""""""" the monster girls in the DxD Universe are :p

Biohazardous
2015-03-13, 11:14

Want all short stories animated. :D U do look forward to that one too though.

jopjopjop
2015-03-13, 12:04
That's a shame, any mention of extra footage, or mini OVAs for the discs?

Just like Season 2, there will be short stories included every Volume.

The short stories included in Season 2 are all connected. They are about Issei having individual dates with everyone in a single day.

Volume 1 - Asia
Volume 2 - Xenovia
Volume 3 - Koneko
Volume 4 - Kiba and Gasper
Volume 5 - Akeno
Volume 6 - Rias

Chichiryuushintei
2015-03-13, 12:17
Just like Season 2, there will be short stories included every Volume.

YES!!! I wonder if there'll be more foreshadowing for future seasons like the one with Ophis? Maybe showing Cao Cao and the rest of the Hero Faction, that would be really cool :D.

I don't know if this is considered off-topic, but who do you guys want to voice Sairaorg? My personnal preference would be Daisuke Ono.

Seafoam
2015-03-13, 12:24
YES!!! I wonder if there'll be more foreshadowing for future seasons like the one with Ophis? Maybe showing Cao Cao and the rest of the Hero Faction, that would be really cool :D.

I don't know if this is considered off-topic, but who do you guys want to voice Sairaorg? My personnal preference would be Daisuke Ono.

Katsuyuki Konishi is how I imagined him sounding in the LN's.

jopjopjop
2015-03-13, 12:24

That's more on the extra scenes rather than the short stories.

Gary29
2015-03-13, 12:44
What were the short stories for season 2?

~On the topic of the extra scenes, I didn't see any mention of it on the BD page. I hope we'll have some. Although I do see something about the specials that season 1 had, or at least a similar name ("Release the swaying delusions").

DragoMuseveni
2015-03-13, 12:51
Well about the episode is good and bad ... because if i am sure , a season wil finish with volume 11....

jopjopjop
2015-03-13, 12:55
What were the short stories for season 2?

The short stories included in Season 2 are all connected. They are about Issei having individual dates with everyone in a single day.

Volume 1 - Asia
Volume 2 - Xenovia
Volume 3 - Koneko
Volume 5 - Akeno
Volume 6 - Rias

Simonsy
2015-03-13, 13:17

Volume 1 - Asia
Volume 2 - Xenovia
Volume 3 - Koneko
Volume 5 - Akeno
Volume 6 - Rias

Huh. I don't recall anything for season 2 but the the couple minutes per episode. No dates. Season 1 had little specials but season 2 had none that I ever saw or heard of.

Always86
2015-03-13, 13:24
At least they are still putting the extra effort into the discs. I thought season 2had extra in episode footage rather than actual mini stories like season one. I have the Blu Ray just haven't played it yet.

Chichiryuushintei
2015-03-13, 13:29

Volume 1 - Asia
Volume 2 - Xenovia
Volume 3 - Koneko
Volume 5 - Akeno
Volume 6 - Rias

Ah, okay so it was that... damn it, now I want to read them T_T

Seafoam
2015-03-13, 13:34
Huh. I don't recall anything for season 2 but the the couple minutes per episode. No dates. Season 1 had little specials but season 2 had none that I ever saw or heard of.

He's talking about a short story that was included with the volumes lol. Not the anime.

jopjopjop
2015-03-13, 13:50

A short story is included in the Volume pack. Each Volume has one.

He's talking about a short story that was included with the volumes lol. Not the anime.

I'm not talking about the LN Volumes. I'm talking about the BD/DVD Volumes. Season 2 has 6 Volumes each having a short story included.

You guys can check the products page on the official site if you want to know what are included in each. Season 2 (http://haremking.tv/season2/products), Season 3 (http://haremking.tv/products)

Always86
2015-03-13, 13:57
^ I think the confusion is because I was asking about extra animation, not for LN. Still good to know hopefully we'll see them translated one day

n0m@n
2015-03-14, 06:17
There's a high chance season 3 will be butchered quite a lot this season but including v5 and v7 contents.

According to gamers (http://www.gamers-onlineshop.jp/pn/%E3%80%90Blu-ray%E3%80%91TV+%E3%83%8F%E3%82%A4%E3%82%B9%E3%82%A F%E3%83%BC%E3%83%ABD%C3%97D+BorN+Vol.1/pd/10205246/)

Gremory group will go to the Underworld for the summer holiday but Azazel makes them train just like the intro of v5.
But one day the Three Great Powers has a conference with Asgard where Loki attacks them and declares war.
And behind that scene, Khaos Brigade led by Vali and Kuroka is plotting a scheme.

Season 3 being 1 cour is confirmed. Though it seems like they would be cutting of some scenes and shuffle the story around a bit since Loki would be appearing before Kuroka from the gamers synopsis (which I doubt they just randomly made).
Zero no Tsukaima also had its story butchered in later volumes so it wont suprise me...but yeah...I wont be suprised if they get rid of the rating game against Sitri. Though Sairaorg vs Ise is guranteed from the pv(or did they include the v9 part as well?)

WingsoftheDragonix
2015-03-14, 06:20
^Thanks for the info.

This worry me....I really hope they will do a good job.

But at least this explain the thing with Ross.

Hokoga
2015-03-14, 08:33
There's a high chance season 3 will be butchered quite a lot this season but including v5 and v7 contents.

According to gamers (http://www.gamers-onlineshop.jp/pn/%E3%80%90Blu-ray%E3%80%91TV+%E3%83%8F%E3%82%A4%E3%82%B9%E3%82%A F%E3%83%BC%E3%83%ABD%C3%97D+BorN+Vol.1/pd/10205246/)

Gremory group will go to the Underworld for the summer holiday but Azazel makes them train just like the intro of v5.
But one day the Three Great Powers has a conference with Asgard where Loki attacks them and declares war.
And behind that scene, Khaos Brigade led by Vali and Kuroka is plotting a scheme.

Season 3 being 1 cour is confirmed. Though it seems like they would be cutting of some scenes and shuffle the story around a bit since Loki would be appearing before Kuroka from the gamers synopsis (which I doubt they just randomly made).
Zero no Tsukaima also had its story butchered in later volumes so it wont suprise me...but yeah...I wont be suprised if they get rid of the rating game against Sitri. Though Sairaorg vs Ise is guranteed from the pv(or did they include the v9 part as well?)So this might be the last season for the anime?, with them cutting parts out and replacing it with an amine-only storyline to it.

Chichiryuushintei
2015-03-14, 08:52
I wont be suprised if they get rid of the rating game against Sitri. Though Sairaorg vs Ise is guranteed from the pv(or did they include the v9 part as well?)

Wasn't that only to hype Sairaorg first appearence?

But, yeah, this is almost 100% the last season of the anime, since most of the time an adaptation deviates from the original source the sales go through the ground.

I'm going back to my Sulking Spot.

GDB
2015-03-14, 09:11

Most of that is copied from the main site. However, this part is different from the main site's story page (http://www.haremking.tv/story/):

対テロ対策の会合が開催されていた。
和議が調印されようとしたその時、北欧の神ロキが異議の申し立てと同時に容赦のない攻撃を繰り 広げ、
同盟に宣戦布告をする。

The first few kanji is on the story page, but then it's completely different and starts the Khaos Brigade part. And this is the part about everything dealing with Loki, so no idea where they're getting it from when the official site outlines the rest of the story the same.

jopjopjop
2015-03-14, 09:25
I checked most of the online shops listed on the official site and they have the same synopsis as gamers-online.

So, the synopsis most likely came from the anime team.

GDB
2015-03-14, 09:56
I'm just not even sure how it'd work with the way that's presented. Vali's team splits off from the Khaos Brigade at the end of Volume 6, don't they? And doesn't Vali help fight against Loki? And none of that feels like it encompasses volume 6 at all.

I'd actually be more worried about them skipping volume 6 right now than trying to cram three volumes/reworking three volumes into one season.

And still curious why these online retailers mention a synopsis piece that isn't on the main website when 90% of the rest of the synopsis is the same.

jopjopjop
2015-03-14, 10:06
Screening of BorN will be tomorrow. I hope are questions will be answered. ಢ_ಢ

DragoMuseveni
2015-03-14, 10:14
I hope if they chop some sequences , at least they will not mess the LN events order ....
volume 6 - ise ask akeno for a date -> volume 7 the date + meeting with barakiel -> battle with loki and the help from chichiryuutei ; will be messed up

Gary29
2015-03-14, 11:15
This pretty much explains everything regarding the volume 7 teasing.

I'd be worried, but Ishibumi said he's satisfied with how BorN was done, so I'm going to put my trust in him as always.

Volume 6 won't be skipped because of Ophis' appearance in S2. It would've been pointless to do that if she won't be in this season. But it's interesting to note that despite changing up a few events from the LN, they still announced an OVA for Dec. 9th, as if their confidence hasn't wavered at all. Maybe this isn't as anime-original as the synopsis makes it sound.

IMO, the KB plot featuring Vali might be a reference to their plan to capture Fenrir. Especially since it's mentioned only in the Loki part of the summary. Cutting out unimportant details from early v6, I like the idea of 5 episodes for volume 5, 3 for v6, and 4 for v7.

Well, tomorrow's screening should provide us with answers, if Ishibumi doesn't do so himself later today to calm the fans down.

saw2097
2015-03-14, 11:57
My guess is that they are melding the three stories into one, for instance Ise may unleash JD on Loki rather than like it was in the novel.

Seafoam
2015-03-14, 12:00
My guess is that they are melding the three stories into one, for instance Ise may unleash JD on Loki rather than like it was in the novel.

I doubt it. What would they do for Shalba in Volume 11? IIRC he got weaker because of his beatdown via JD.

Chichiryuushintei
2015-03-14, 12:04

That would be a sign that the 4th arc would be left without an adaptation. Which is a pity, I really am enjoying this arc. But I think they could introduce Chichigami-sama in another way.

And regarding to sales, the 3rd OVA sold 6.5k which is a considerable drop compared to S2's sales (9.5k). It can be due to being filler and 100% unimportant to the plot, but now even the least bit of negatve information regarding the anime is making me paranoid.

saw2097
2015-03-14, 12:18
I doubt it. What would they do for Shalba in Volume 11? IIRC he got weaker because of his beatdown via JD.

They may not even get that far, harem animes don't typically get more than 2-4 seasons.

And if they do they can simply make another excuse.

Gary29
2015-03-14, 12:21
That would be a sign that the 4th arc would be left without an adaptation. Which is a pity, I really am enjoying this arc. But I think they could introduce Chichigami-sama in another way.

And regarding to sales, the 3rd OVA sold 6.5k which is a considerable drop compared to S2's sales (9.5k). It can be due to being filler and 100% unimportant to the plot, but now even the least bit of negatve information regarding the anime is making me paranoid.

I was always worried that they'd end the anime adaptation at volume 12. Which would be an extreme shame since I think the current arc is the best one so far.

Do you know what the sales for the S1 OVAs were? I'll go check in a sec, but the OVA having less sales than the actual season is definitely normal (6.5k actually seems like a lot to me).

Chichiryuushintei
2015-03-14, 12:34
I was always worried that they'd end the anime adaptation at volume 12. Which would be an extreme shame since I think the current arc is the best one so far.

Do you know what the sales for the S1 OVAs were? I'll go check in a sec, but the OVA having less sales than the actual season is definitely normal (6.5k actually seems like a lot to me).

Sorry, I only know the sales for the New OVA because of a blog that shows weekly sales from LNs.

jopjopjop
2015-03-14, 12:55
Weekly sales of LNs. So, that number is from Volumes 13/15, right?

Chichiryuushintei
2015-03-14, 13:01
Weekly sales of LNs. So, that number is from Volumes 13/15, right?

6,5k is the sales of the special edition of Dx.1 that came with the OVA. If it is also sold apart than the number is likely higher.
As I said, I don't know about the sales of the first 2 OVAs.

jopjopjop
2015-03-14, 13:04
What I'm asking is where did the 9.5k number come from? Is that the sales of Volumes 13/15 or just the limited editions w/c have the OVAs.

Gary29
2015-03-14, 13:06
The 9.5k was a reference to DxD NEW's average BD sales per copy.

~Volume 13 (limited edition) sold 15,000 and volume 15 (limited edition) sold 14,000. Source (http://animetics.net/2009-2014-weekly-light-novel-sales-charts/) (2012 and 2013 links)

Their non-OVA versions sold significantly more.

Chichiryuushintei
2015-03-14, 13:07
What I'm asking is where did the 9.5k number come from? Is that the sales of Volumes 13/15 or just the limited editions w/c have the OVAs.

Actually, I just checked, it is 9k, but that's the sales of the S2's BDs.

jopjopjop
2015-03-14, 13:10
If that's from the BDs, then I don't think comparing a single OVA to BDs that comprises of two episodes, extra scenes, and a short story is good. There's just too big of a difference.

Chichiryuushintei
2015-03-14, 13:13
If that's from the BDs, then I don't think comparing a single OVA to BDs that comprises of two episodes, extra scenes, and a short story is good. There's just too big of a difference.

Well I asked the one who posted the list and he said this number is average at best. I don't understand much of sales numbers and whatnot, except that flop<3k<some profit<7k and that's probably wrong, so...

Armando99
2015-03-14, 17:20
Sales are relative for the most part. Some items are sold primarily as a gimmick to gauge interest in the main product and if it is not directly related to the main story, the vales volume can tell the marketing department how successful the main product will be. Instead of spending money on commercials, they use the OVA's in lieu of it.

ImperialFlameGod8190
2015-03-14, 18:11
I've gotta admit this is both stupid but understandable. Vol 6 is Asia's backstory which is nice but it is skippable. Assuming they keep the JD and Oppai Dragon song thats fine but anime original seems foolhardy when you have one of the only harems thats become this far. I dont like this one bit
The reason why harems dont get a lot of seasons is because they take liberties with shows this being a perfect example. Campione was also altered and that could've been an interesting S2 well this isnt good

Direwolf18
2015-03-14, 20:05
I'm scared.

And worried.

Superbia
2015-03-14, 20:20
I've gotta admit this is both stupid but understandable. Vol 6 is Asia's backstory which is nice but it is skippable. Assuming they keep the JD and Oppai Dragon song thats fine but anime original seems foolhardy when you have one of the only harems thats become this far. I dont like this one bit
The reason why harems dont get a lot of seasons is because they take liberties with shows this being a perfect example. Campione was also altered and that could've been an interesting S2 well this isnt good

It's not set in stone that they're skipping Volume 6 yet. If they rewrite it so Volume 7 happens during the month of training in Volume 5 and make it so that their first match would be against Diodora instead of Sona, I can see many ways for them to merge Volume 5 and 6 since they could just move most of the first part of Volume 6 during Volume 5's training if they move Diodora's reunion with Asia to the the dinner where the six rookies meet.

Most of the developments the Gremory team show during the Sitri match can easily be shown in the fights against Diodora's team. They would just have to say that they decided to make the Oppai Dragon song do to Issei getting popular from defeating Loki instead of the Sitri match.

Basically, I'm really trying hard to think of a way they didn't just throw away an entire volume.

Chichiryuushintei
2015-03-14, 20:28
It's not set in stone that they're skipping Volume 6 yet. If they rewrite it so Volume 7 happens during the month of training in Volume 5 and make it so that their first match would be against Diodora instead of Sona, I can see many ways for them to merge Volume 5 and 6 since they could just move most of the first part of Volume 6 during Volume 5's training if they move Diodora's reunion with Asia to the the dinner where the six rookies meet.

Most of the developments the Gremory team show during the Sitri match can easily be shown in the fights against Diodora's team. They would just have to say that they decided to make the Oppai Dragon song do to Issei getting popular from defeating Loki instead of the Sitri match.

Basically, I'm really trying hard to think of a way they didn't just throw away an entire volume.

They would have to nerf Loki and Fenrir to the core for that to work, the only reason the Gremory group didn't die is because 1.Ise had received the boost in time he can use BB due to Juggernaut Drive. and 2.They all train every single day, since there was a few weeks between Volume 6 and 7 that means a LOT.

ImperialFlameGod8190
2015-03-14, 20:30

With the amount of content in Vol 5 and 7 if they're gonna cover 5 6 and 7 6 will be the sacrificial lamb. And while 4 episodes per volume may work for plenty of series this is one of those that it will absolutely fail for.

Diodora's battle was never really about development its mainly okay how many different ways can we blast a team to peices and most people only wanted to see Diodora's curbstomp and the JD. Though its affect on the Asia Issei dynamic is truly crucial but most of it can be skipped. That being said this both terrifies me and fascinates me because most harems have barely gotten 1 or 2 seasons let alone 3. What makes it a shame is DxD is arguably the best action harem on the market right now its superior by a longshot to most of the harems out there right now.

Seafoam
2015-03-14, 20:35
I doubt they'll add Loki and Fenrir before anything else. They would have be so underpowered that it would be a joke to call them a God and Top 10 being. It's most likely that instead of rearranging things that they will just cut stuff out of (volume 6 mainly) the volumes, and do them in order.

Malicre
2015-03-14, 21:28
I bet they end up cutting all the akeno stuff from the light novels.........

Wonder why they cant just stick to 2 volumes per season, i mean come on, ending season 3 with the juggernaut drive and asia kiss would have been fantastic. Here's hoping season 3 isn't a total disaster.

Superbia
2015-03-14, 21:30
They would have to nerf Loki and Fenrir to the core for that to work, the only reason the Gremory group didn't die is because 1.Ise had received the boost in time he can use BB due to Juggernaut Drive. and 2.They all train every single day, since there was a few weeks between Volume 6 and 7 that means a LOT.

You're right alot of nerfing would have to happen, but n0m@n's post makes it seem like the Loki fight happens earlier, so it might be inevitable.

With the amount of content in Vol 5 and 7 if they're gonna cover 5 6 and 7 6 will be the sacrificial lamb. And while 4 episodes per volume may work for plenty of series this is one of those that it will absolutely fail for.

Diodora's battle was never really about development its mainly okay how many different ways can we blast a team to peices and most people only wanted to see Diodora's curbstomp and the JD. Though its affect on the Asia Issei dynamic is truly crucial but most of it can be skipped. That being said this both terrifies me and fascinates me because most harems have barely gotten 1 or 2 seasons let alone 3. What makes it a shame is DxD is arguably the best action harem on the market right now its superior by a longshot to most of the harems out there right now.

Diodora's team fights were mostly unneeded except for JD, but if you get rid of the Sitri fight, which was mainly there to show off various abilities like senjutsu, holy lightning, Xenovia wielding Ascalon, Kiba wielding Durandal, and Issei's Balance Breaker and Bilingual, those developments can be put in the fights against Diodora's team instead while getting rid of the last third of Volume 5 and still gutting most of Volume 6, except for Irina's enrollment which will still probably happen.

At least one of these matches should remain or they won't be able to show Issei using his Bilingual technique against female opponents.

Biohazardous
2015-03-14, 22:24

Wonder why they cant just stick to 2 volumes per season, i mean come on, ending season 3 with the juggernaut drive and asia kiss would have been fantastic. Here's hoping season 3 isn't a total disaster.

I like the 2 volumes per season too. I'm with most of you guys and really scared about what is going to happen. So much material available that only gets better to cut some out.

cyberdemon
2015-03-14, 22:26

Most likely they will shorten the training time as much as possible and much of the youth devils meeting from volume 5 that isn't imperative to the story. Akeno's story is important to her development and feelings for Ise, they aren't going to cut it out.

Malicre
2015-03-14, 22:38
Most likely they will shorten the training time as much as possible and much of the youth devils meeting from volume 5 that isn't imperative to the story. Akeno's story is important to her development and feelings for Ise, they aren't going to cut it out.

Just fitting volume 5 and 6 in 1 season is already going to be overwhelming, you have training with tannin, balance breaker, sitri game (this could be cut), juggernaut drive, great red, asia kiss and i know im probably missing a few other things that happen in these 2 volumes but now throw in volume 7 on top of that i cant imagine how this is going to work out.

I kinda see this as them cutting out a lot of narrative for more "action" and oh god i hope im wrong. Ill be super disappointed if asia and akeno don't get their screen time.

jopjopjop
2015-03-15, 03:16
2nd PV (http://haremking.tv/pv2.html?file=ddb-pv2.mp4&dw=768&dh=432)

EDIT:

Those who have watched the screening gave good reviews on the 1st episode of Season 3. Saying that with how it played out, there's nothing to worry with how things will go during the season.

crisrko
2015-03-15, 04:33

EDIT:

Those who have watched the screening gave good reviews on the 1st episode of Season 3. Saying that with how it played out, there's nothing to worry with how things will go during the season.

pure awesomeness

ImperialFlameGod8190
2015-03-15, 04:55
well this is fascinating on one hand they showed very little new scenes its 90% old crap but what was good is it looks like they used the Oppai Dragon theme the whole time.

jopjopjop
2015-03-15, 05:08
Tannin looks weird with those yellow horns.

DragoMuseveni
2015-03-15, 05:25
So they admit it that they will animate volume 7 as well ?

Edit : I got response from another party so yeah we will have volume 7 integrated as well ....

Chichiryuushintei
2015-03-15, 07:38

EDIT:

This is just like I imagined the Oppai Dragon Song... It's beautiful... ;------;

jopjopjop
2015-03-15, 07:42
Here's the infamous CLICK-CLICK ZOOM-ZOOM IYAAAN (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5IXvEF8RhhY&feature=youtu.be&t=57s). :heh:

II Maestro
2015-03-15, 08:58
^Yes~! The song of the breast loving dragon is here!!!

I seriously laugh hard watching the pv.

Just love the "DRAGON DRAGON OPPAI DRAGON CLICK-CLICK ZOOM-ZOOM IYAAAN" part.

Now this is my phones new ringtone when receiving messages & calls.

Wonder if there will be a ORC girls version of this song instead of Ise singing.

Newhope
2015-03-15, 09:04
Tannin looks weird with those yellow horns.

That probably wasn't Tannin he's a red dragon the one in the PV was blue with yellow horns so was probably Midgardsormr or one his clones.

II Maestro
2015-03-15, 09:12
^I think that's Tannin though since Tannin is the purple dragon and the pv showed a purple western dragon and beside if it is Midgardsormr it should have the form of an eastern dragon.

Chichiryuushintei
2015-03-15, 09:14
That probably wasn't Tannin he's a red dragon the one in the PV was blue with yellow horns so was probably Midgardsormr or one his clones.

I think you're mistaking him and some other Dragon
Tannin is a Purple Dragon and a former Dragon King, known as the Blaze Meteor Dragon.

jopjopjop
2015-03-15, 09:25

You saw BLUE? That color is blue to you?

Btw, Midgardsmormr has the form of an Eastern Dragon not a Western.

GDB
2015-03-15, 09:48
I was expecting the Zoom Zoom Iyaan to be more pronounced. As it is, it's very quick and easy to miss, and only happens the once.