PDA

View Full Version : High School DxD season 3 confirmed.

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9

Always86
2015-03-15, 09:57
Loved the PV. Oppai dragon song ftw.

On another note, I know it might feel like being short changed a little going from 2 to 3 volumes for a season, but remember this... We're lucky to be getting a season 3 at all, truth be told the pacing in DxD has sometimes been a bit slow, so I think this could work, sadly it's the prolonged ecchi scenes likely to suffer especially if the OVAs seem to be nothing but fan service. So we may loose ecchi content to fit more plot.

Also consider this, how many ecchi shows have hit season 4? Ikki tousen and TLR. I'd put dxds quality up against either. But to reach the end of the story your going to need at 10 seasons and 2 books a volume. 3 books would allow that to come down to a more likely number. Especially if they still won't risk 2 cour.

ImperialFlameGod8190
2015-03-15, 10:12
Loved the PV. Oppai dragon song ftw.

On another note, I know it might feel like being short changed a little going from 2 to 3 volumes for a season, but remember this... We're lucky to be getting a season 3 at all, truth be told the pacing in DxD has sometimes been a bit slow, so I think this could work, sadly it's the prolonged ecchi scenes likely to suffer especially if the OVAs seem to be nothing but fan service. So we may loose ecchi content to fit more plot.

Also consider this, how many ecchi shows have hit season 4? Ikki tousen and TLR. I'd put dxds quality up against either. But to reach the end of the story your going to need at 10 seasons and 2 books a volume. 3 books would allow that to come down to a more likely number. Especially if they still won't risk 2 cour.

What you're saying makes sense except for one thing. DxD isnt slow its thorough the show basically takes all the key moments instead of just 1 or 2. many times shows struggle because they skip all kinds of stuff the harems this season are proof but DxD doesnt skip those so the volumes take longer. Every episode has a purpose and its a fact that makes DxD easier to watch. By the way Ikkitousen and TLR are both in a far heavier class of fanservice (ikkitousen pushes far more buttons then even hagure yuusha)

Always86
2015-03-15, 10:23
I know Ikki was more sexual, but the point was more about ecchi shows not usually running beyond two seasons.

As for you point, I understand what you mean, there is a risk of content being missed. I don't know if you guys are watching Shinmai Maou which is doing 3 volumes, it does feel rushed. But dxd world is established now, it's easier to introduce new characters without dwelling on explanation.

Anyway regardless I have high hopes for season three, I hope they plan on doing the same thing as season two and adding more scenes on blu ray. We'll just have to see if it feels rushed, or as I'm hoping a snappier show with less slow bits.

Hopefully I'm right, because I'd hate to see the show suffer. They haven't gone wrong so far so let's give them the benifit of the doubt,

jopjopjop
2015-03-15, 10:44
Anyway regardless I have high hopes for season three, I hope they plan on doing the same thing as season two and adding more scenes on blu ray.

Unfortunately, there won't be extra scenes this season. What there will be is something like the specials (http://highschooldxd.wikia.com/wiki/High_School_DxD_(Season_1)#DVD.2FBlu-ray_Specials) in Season 1 as both are listed under same title, "Release the Swaying Delusions".

cyberdemon
2015-03-15, 12:51
sadly it's the prolonged ecchi scenes likely to suffer especially if the OVAs seem to be nothing but fan service. So we may loose ecchi content to fit more plot.

Luckily that isn't a problem for the next OVA announced which is an official side story that is more than just ecchi fan service... though it does have some lol. Their choice to use it makes me feel that they already plan to do a season 4 and are setting up Ravel for her appearance.

Simonsy
2015-03-15, 13:39
well gotta say I'm a fan of the song.

Question time.

What did Sirzechs do in regards to this song? Was he the lyrics?
What was Azazel's part in the song?

I know it was though two that are somehow living their dream through the "Booby Dragon" Can't remember what it was though. Was it to make an anime? Make songs? ect?

Chichiryuushintei
2015-03-15, 13:45

Question time.

I know it was though two that are somehow living their dream through the "Booby Dragon" Can't remember what it was though. Was it to make an anime? Make songs? ect?
If I recall correctly Sirzechs dreamed of being a musician. Azazel just likes to screw with Ise in every opportunity he gets, I don't think/remember him having another reason.

jopjopjop
2015-03-15, 13:59

Question time.

Composer: Azazel
Lyrics: Sirzechs
Choreo: Serafall

I wonder why Serafall did the choreo for this one. It's for her rival show!

ImperialFlameGod8190
2015-03-15, 14:01
Composer: Azazel
Lyrics: Sirzechs
Choreo: Serafall

I wonder why Serafall did the choreo for this one. It's for her rival show!

Serafall would've done it because its a way to keep herself relevant regardless.

I Was Just Drifting
2015-03-15, 15:15
Okay, guys, this is getting crazy.

http://www.haremking.tv/news/#150315-1 just announced Ai Kakuma (Isuzu Sento, Amagi Brilliant Park) is Rossweisse, while Minami Takahashi (Megumi Tokodoro, Shougeki No Soma) is Kuroka.

But here's the kicker. Sairaorg Bael is in this season, and he's being voiced by Yuichi Nakamura!

Chichiryuushintei
2015-03-15, 15:32

http://www.haremking.tv/news/#150315-1 just announced Ai Kakuma (Isuzu Sento, Amagi Brilliant Park) is Rossweisse, while Minami Takahashi (Megumi Tokodoro, Shougeki No Soma) is Kuroka.

But here's the kicker. Sairaorg Bael is in this season, and he's being voiced by Yuichi Nakamura!

I'd take Sinbad over Kouen any day, but whatever, he's also kind of cool.

GDB
2015-03-15, 15:51
I never had a specific voice in mind for Sairaorg, but always imagined a super confident, charismatic voice. Looking up Yuichi Nakamura's credentials, he did the Japanese dub for Captain America. Sure, he did a lot of normal male leads too, but that one stands out as showing he should be able to pull off what I imagined.

ImperialFlameGod8190
2015-03-15, 16:23

That isnt a kicker at all. in vol 5 the meeting of the young devils Sairoarg is a part so there's no problem with this.

Always86
2015-03-15, 19:53
Unfortunately, there won't be extra scenes this season. What there will be is something like the specials (http://highschooldxd.wikia.com/wiki/High_School_DxD_(Season_1)#DVD.2FBlu-ray_Specials) in Season 1 as both are listed under same title, "Release the Swaying Delusions".

I don't mind that. Although I think it is a preference for myself to do long ecchi scenes. Perhaps the Japanese market didn't react well to it? Can't really be any more effort one way or the other, and the benifit to me you get extra cannon/ contextual content.

Regardless I love DXD. The speculation that this may be the last season makes me sad, especially since I understand your logic. That said it feels like the season is being written off before it airs.

One thing to consider is they may be trying a big 12 episode arc, merging 3 books rather than 3, 4 episode arcs, cramming those stories into a shorter screen time. I think when looked at as one long arc it feels a little nicer than 3 volumes being short changed.

Wish there was a super rich fan of the show to say fuck it I'll keep getting it made.

breno.m.fis
2015-03-15, 22:32
I don't mind that. Although I think it is a preference for myself to do long ecchi scenes. Perhaps the Japanese market didn't react well to it? Can't really be any more effort one way or the other, and the benifit to me you get extra cannon/ contextual content.

Regardless I love DXD. The speculation that this may be the last season makes me sad, especially since I understand your logic. That said it feels like the season is being written off before it airs.

One thing to consider is they may be trying a big 12 episode arc, merging 3 books rather than 3, 4 episode arcs, cramming those stories into a shorter screen time. I think when looked at as one long arc it feels a little nicer than 3 volumes being short changed.

Wish there was a super rich fan of the show to say fuck it I'll keep getting it made.

Well, I believe that if they do a poor job on the adaptation, this is the most correct way, so a possible fourth season will be with the volumes 9 and 10 that are quite intense.

sunsengnim
2015-03-16, 10:07
Them possibly adding volume 7 to this season is a good thing not a bad one.

This would mean they're looking towards the future with hope and this is why.

Rias's parents introductions + Issei's training (either one or 2 episodes).
The party revealing Kuroka and Koneko's past + small fight Kuroka vs Issei, Bikou vs Tannin (one episode).
Rias vs Sona fight (one episode).
Issei's beat down of diodora then shalba "killing" Asia end episode with the juggernaut drive chant (maintain boner till next weeks episode).
Issei's beat down of shalba return of Asia and the oppai dragon song (releasing all the pent up hype all over your screen).
loki conflict 2 episodes tops.

That's 7-8 episodes leaving 4-5 episodes left for the really good stuff which is Asia's kiss, Koneko getting closer to Issei and Akeno and Issei's date and all the other necessary development with the girls.

Season 4 would return to 2 volumes per 12 episodes.
Volume 9 (kyoto, Issei unlocking triana)
Volume 10 (Issei x Sairaorg fight + Issei's confession and conflict of why he's scared of moving closer to the girls.)

season 5
volume 11 (promotion and Issei's apparant death)
volume 12 (him coming back and his fight against Cao Cao)

season 6
Volume 14 (fight against the magicians, introductions for sona's new servants and Issei's fight against grendel)
Volume 15 ( vampire conflict, evil dragons, Rizevim and all that good stuff and ending with Euclid vs Issei)

As you can see this is more of a strategical move in my opinion since this would mean the next seasons would be much more balanced and nicely packed and would always end in an epic fight.

Season 3 won't be ruined there's enough episodes to get all the good stuff in.

GDB
2015-03-16, 10:26
That's 7-8 episodes leaving 4-5 episodes left for the really good stuff which is Asia's kiss, Koneko getting closer to Issei and Akeno and Issei's date and all the other necessary development with the girls.

So... a rating game needs one episode, but Asia kissing Issei, a date with Akeno, and Koneko getting closer (which is like, 20 second scenes that happen sporadically) needs 4-5 episodes? All that combined is worth like half an episode.

cyberdemon
2015-03-16, 10:53
My guess for the first episode to save time it will start with Issei being chased by Tannin and giving us a summary of what led up to that. The episode will end going into the youth devil meeting. Getting the meeting into the first episode would also be a good excuse to get in the reintroductions of older character and introducing the new characters for the season.

Episode 2 will go into the party and beginning the fight against Kuroka

episode 3 will finish the fight against Bikou and Kuroka and be the start of the game against Sona's group.

episode 4 will finish the ratings game and volume 5.

sunsengnim
2015-03-16, 11:20
So... a rating game needs one episode, but Asia kissing Issei, a date with Akeno, and Koneko getting closer (which is like, 20 second scenes that happen sporadically) needs 4-5 episodes? All that combined is worth like half an episode.

I only pointed out some of the events that would be in those 4-5 episodes i didn't want to go into even more detail and point out every single event.. i thought that was self explanatory.

Gary29
2015-03-16, 11:26
Based on this blog, (http://yk0724.way-nifty.com/blog/2015/03/post-5675.html) episode 1 gets up to meeting Tannin, the hot springs, and Kuroka's first appearance (probably not the fight).

And yes, covering 5-7 now was a strategic long-term plan for future seasons. I really don't think 9&10 can be covered in 12 episodes, but that season would be amazing.

cyberdemon
2015-03-16, 13:01
Based on this blog, (http://yk0724.way-nifty.com/blog/2015/03/post-5675.html) episode 1 gets up to meeting Tannin, the hot springs, and Kuroka's first appearance (probably not the fight).

And yes, covering 5-7 now was a strategic long-term plan for future seasons. I really don't think 9&10 can be covered in 12 episodes, but that season would be amazing.

volume 7 always felt like the odd volume out of all of them. It was something that wouldn't have fit normally with either volumes 5 and 6 or even volume 9 and 10. Though it does have importance to Akeno and adding Rossweiss. either way you would have to shove it into a season or risk cutting an arc in half.

GDB
2015-03-16, 14:22
Or do like Seitokai Yakuindomo and turn it into an OVA arc.

Biohazardous
2015-03-16, 16:04
I'm just hoping for the best. I hope this was all planned as a long term goal. Especially if the goal is to release seasons at a steady pace without long waits. :D

GDB
2015-03-16, 16:31
Year and a half between seasons isn't really THAT long of a wait. The biggest issue had always been the uncertainty of another season.

Malicre
2015-03-16, 16:58
i just want to see volumes 11 and 12 animated

Direwolf18
2015-03-16, 18:46
Year and a half between seasons isn't really THAT long of a wait. The biggest issue had always been the uncertainty of another season.

That is pretty good as these things go.

If they opt to do volumes 5-7 and make them 4 episodes an arc that won't be the end of the world to be honest. Far rather see that then content being cut or drastically re arranged.

Starway
2015-03-16, 18:57

I haven't read the volume in a long time but isn't that like half the volume if so this volume will be rushed us fuck.

Edit wait just read something about tannin appearing earlier so Kuroka might be the same.

Gary29
2015-03-16, 19:33
Yeah. I'm in the middle of compiling more info on the pre-screening from 4chan and MAL, but apparently Tannin appears while they're on the train ride to the Gremory territory. Animation has improved even from the last season due to a pretty big budget, and Kuroka's VA fits her really, really well.

DragonKing0117
2015-03-17, 02:03
So, since Tannin shows up episode 1... Venelana should be episode 2 right, and then straight to training the same episode right? Depending on how far they get into the training, that's pretty good timing right guys?

Always86
2015-03-17, 04:46
Yeah. I'm in the middle of compiling more info on the pre-screening from 4chan and MAL, but apparently Tannin appears while they're on the train ride to the Gremory territory. Animation has improved even from the last season due to a pretty big budget, and Kuroka's VA fits her really, really well.

While I'm happy it's getting money spent on it, a big budget concerns me more than the books being joined up, in regards to future seasons.

Seems a greater risk to me,

Biohazardous
2015-03-17, 08:56
i just want to see volumes 11 and 12 animated

If we can get that far they might as well do it all. Everyone seening that will be like omg I want more now. (Speaking for anyone who is anime only). 11 and 12 being done right should help insure we can get the whole series animated. I don't think we would have an issue with that though if we can get that far. Though that is a good ending point if they want to pull the hey you want to know more read the source.

While I'm happy it's getting money spent on it, a big budget concerns me more than the books being joined up, in regards to future seasons.

Seems a greater risk to me,

Why is that? Is it because it might not make as much as they want and they give up?

ImperialFlameGod8190
2015-03-17, 09:05
If we can get that far they might as well do it all. Everyone seening that will be like omg I want more now. (Speaking for anyone who is anime only). 11 and 12 being done right should help insure we can get the whole series animated. I don't think we would have an issue with that though if we can get that far. Though that is a good ending point if they want to pull the hey you want to know more read the source.

Why is that? Is it because it might not make as much as they want and they give up?

The problem is that they've done 2 volumes per and been very good and now doing 5-7 seems a rash risk because they're getting to a point where every single episode is critical and doing this section wrong would be a critical mistake. Now idk how 7 would've fit especially since they've yet to do most of the stories from 8 it would be interesting.

Biohazardous
2015-03-17, 09:44
I think they have a risk no matter what. Even if we was do 7 and 8 which is mostly a short story season. That could be a risk also. We can't have 11 and 12 not covered in same season or that too is a risk. We can hope this is a risk with long term goal in mind. The risk may be calculated to be better now in this way rather than later. A 2 cour could have also helped us out. So far it seems 2 cour is not a risk they want.

GDB
2015-03-17, 09:57

Higher budget means more investment, which means higher expectations for return on investment (profit).

That said, based on the Oppai Dragon PV, it doesn't look like the budget is THAT much higher. We're not talking DEEN vs ufotable budget discrepancies or anything.

ImperialFlameGod8190
2015-03-17, 09:59
I think they have a risk no matter what. Even if we was do 7 and 8 which is mostly a short story season. That could be a risk also. We can't have 11 and 12 not covered in same season or that too is a risk. We can hope this is a risk with long term goal in mind. The risk may be calculated to be better now in this way rather than later. A 2 cour could have also helped us out. So far it seems 2 cour is not a risk they want.

2 cour would be interesting the problem is what seasons.10 11 and 12 all work out beautifully together as a group. but its not enough for a 1 cour. 5 6 7 8 9 fused together could work as a 2 cour but its tricky.

Biohazardous
2015-03-17, 10:07
Higher budget means more investment, which means higher expectations for return on investment (profit).

That said, based on the Oppai Dragon PV, it doesn't look like the budget is THAT much higher. We're not talking DEEN vs ufotable budget discrepancies or anything.

Well long as they don't butcher things I would think they will get their money back. Those of us reading are excited and hoping to see it all animated. The series can easily capture new people if done right. I read them all after seeing the anime.

2 cour would be interesting the problem is what seasons.10 11 and 12 all work out beautifully together as a group. but its not enough for a 1 cour. 5 6 7 8 9 fused together could work as a 2 cour but its tricky.

Yes very ticky. We will be ok as long as they think of long term and not just short term.

GDB
2015-03-17, 10:43
The series can easily capture new people if done right. I read them all after seeing the anime.

That's the key, though. Who/what comprises the production committee? If it's mostly on the novel and merchandising side, then it'll do more than fine. If it's mostly on the animation/commercial side, then they'll have to sell more discs to cover costs. This is where it could have problems. If an animation studio heavily invested in the series, they wouldn't give two shits if the novel or merchandising got massive sales boosts if the discs sold like crap.

Not that I think the discs will sell poorly, but all committees have a line that sales need to cross, which is based on the budget and costs.

Biohazardous
2015-03-17, 10:54
Too me is seems like the light novel side should be like don't deviate much from what we have said. Here is x amount of money to help with costs. Little investment and guidance from light novel side that comes back to them later. Things are different over there though.

Gary29
2015-03-17, 10:58
That's the key, though. Who/what comprises the production committee? If it's mostly on the novel and merchandising side, then it'll do more than fine. If it's mostly on the animation/commercial side, then they'll have to sell more discs to cover costs. This is where it could have problems. If an animation studio heavily invested in the series, they wouldn't give two shits if the novel or merchandising got massive sales boosts if the discs sold like crap.

Not that I think the discs will sell poorly, but all committees have a line that sales need to cross, which is based on the budget and costs.

I always thought Fujimi Shobo/Fantasia Bunko was the primary investor in the DxD anime, though I have no sources to prove it. Assuming that's the case, there's nothing to worry about regarding profits. The anime has done a tremendous job at increasing the LN sales. You'd think with the quality increase of both content and animation that BD sales will increase this season as well.

GDB
2015-03-17, 11:00
Looking at the information on ANN, the production committee is:

Fujimi Shobo
GENCO
High School DxD BorN Production Committee

Fujimi Shobo is a subsidiary of Kadokawa Shoten, so that's on the light novel/merchandising side.

GENCO appears to be a standard animation business, so that's on the anime/commercial side.

No information on what the third one consists of, in terms of specifics. So that will be what ends up determining where the majority of profits need to flow from to be considered successful. It could end up being a mix, in which case it needs to do at least decently well on both spectrums. Though this also doesn't take into account percentages.

The main thing to hope for is that it doesn't heavily shift towards the anime/commercial side, since that's the side that will have a lower profit margin and thus less likely to be considered successful.

I always thought Fujimi Shobo/Fantasia Bunko was the primary investor in the DxD anime, though I have no sources to prove it. Assuming that's the case, there's nothing to worry about regarding profits. The anime has done a tremendous job at increasing the LN sales. You'd think with the quality increase of both content and animation that BD sales will increase this season as well.

Yeah, was looking it up and typing it as you posted. :heh:

Biohazardous
2015-03-17, 11:20
Ok I will continue to be hopeful and positive. :) Thanks for the info.

WingsoftheDragonix
2015-03-17, 15:00
^That's all we can do for now.

Anyway, thanks for the info.

ShinkirouFrost
2015-03-18, 16:58
volume 7 always felt like the odd volume out of all of them. It was something that wouldn't have fit normally with either volumes 5 and 6 or even volume 9 and 10. Though it does have importance to Akeno and adding Rossweiss. either way you would have to shove it into a season or risk cutting an arc in half.

I've only read the wiki about Volume 7, but I do hope they manage to include it in the anime. It sounds enjoyable lmao :D

WingsoftheDragonix
2015-03-19, 01:35
^If you have the time, I advise you to read it.

It is a very interesting volume.

Biohazardous
2015-03-19, 09:13
Read all of it if you haven't. I have never been much of a reader but I enjoy Dxd. Im working on reading more. Dxd was easy to get myself to read.

jopjopjop
2015-03-29, 01:25
BorN's ED https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=slYKlGP7dAg

DOmus
2015-03-29, 01:43
BorN's ED https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=slYKlGP7dAg

I can already picture them doing lewd stuff while this song play, that's the magic of DxD.

WingsoftheDragonix
2015-03-29, 05:44
I can already picture them doing lewd stuff while this song play, that's the magic of DxD.

Same here.

Still I looking forward to watch the first episode.

Malicre
2015-03-29, 11:09
less then a week to go, are you guys ready???

Weather
2015-03-29, 19:01
My body is ready.

Simonsy
2015-03-29, 19:41
So this show is April 4th? so a saturday airing?

Biohazardous
2015-03-30, 10:01
Omg I can't wait.

WingsoftheDragonix
2015-03-30, 10:02
@Simonsy As far I know, yes.

@Biohazardous Me neither.

DragoMuseveni
2015-03-30, 12:23
can`t wait , both juggernauts this season :X

ady623
2015-03-30, 22:11
And the ChiChigami's servant scene :)

Always86
2015-03-31, 04:55
Anyone know which fan sub groups are planning on doing the show. I used to go with Sub Desu but they seem to have died.

jopjopjop
2015-03-31, 06:11
Anyone know which fan sub groups are planning on doing the show. I used to go with Sub Desu but they seem to have died.

No one has confirmed that they will do the subs yet AFAIK.

Hiryuu?, Commie?, FFF?, Hatsuyuki?, Crunchyroll? (http://fansubdb.com/wiki/Spring_2015)

Always86
2015-03-31, 18:55
Don't think it will be Crunchyroll, I'm pretty sure funimation streamed 1 and 2. Plus they never air the uncensored version anyway,

Somethindarker
2015-03-31, 19:02
I can see volume 5-7 working out, albiet barely, but volume 6 just seems like a better stopping point. They shoulda gone with like 3 OVA's to focus on volume 7.

RaymondSageClark
2015-03-31, 21:12
Q: what's going to happen with censorship?

Malicre
2015-03-31, 21:13
it would have been great if it stopped at the end of volume 6, juggernaut drive and asia kiss would have been the perfect way to end season 3.

ImperialFlameGod8190
2015-03-31, 21:17
it would have been great if it stopped at the end of volume 6, juggernaut drive and asia kiss would have been the perfect way to end season 3.

completely agree

Chichiryuushintei
2015-03-31, 21:19
Q: what's going to happen with censorship?

AT-X are going to air it completely uncensored. So, just wait for the god-sent fansubs.

RaymondSageClark
2015-03-31, 21:23
AT-X are going to air it completely uncensored. So, just wait for the god-sent fansubs.

Ty, glad to know that because I'm tired of the fucking censorship everywhere.

GDB
2015-03-31, 22:11
Don't think it will be Crunchyroll, I'm pretty sure funimation streamed 1 and 2. Plus they never air the uncensored version anyway,

Funimation is going to stream BorN too. (http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2015-03-31/funimation-to-stream-high-school-dxd-born-anime/.86591)

Direwolf18
2015-04-01, 06:12
An Early gift for you guys https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ

Damn you. :twitch:

Somethindarker
2015-04-01, 07:28
Ty, glad to know that because I'm tired of the fucking censorship everywhere.

It happens every season, even Born will have parts of the episode omitted and echi stuff to a minimum when the bluray comes out we'll REALLY get to see the show.

ImperialFlameGod8190
2015-04-01, 07:29
It happens every season, even Born will have parts of the episode omitted and echi stuff to a minimum when the bluray comes out we'll REALLY get to see the show.

o yea tell me about it.

Biohazardous
2015-04-01, 07:58
completely agree

Also agree. :)

WingsoftheDragonix
2015-04-01, 08:07
Also agree. :)

Another one that agree, here.

Lucky we don't need to wait much for the start of the new season. I just hope that they really did the right choice.

Somethindarker
2015-04-01, 08:58
Another one that agree, here.

Lucky we don't need to wait much for the start of the new season. I just hope that they really did the right choice.

While I agree that season 2 shoulda been only volumes 5-6 I can see 5-7 working. You guys gotta remember season 1 and 2 had alot of "filler" material from the novels, at least 2-3 episodes worth in each season. If they tighten up the story and focus on what's important then it'll work out nicely what I'm worried about is if it'll feel to jumbled and fast paced with little room to breath between arcs.

Malicre
2015-04-01, 10:29
While I agree that season 2 shoulda been only volumes 5-6 I can see 5-7 working. You guys gotta remember season 1 and 2 had alot of "filler" material from the novels, at least 2-3 episodes worth in each season. If they tighten up the story and focus on what's important then it'll work out nicely what I'm worried about is if it'll feel to jumbled and fast paced with little room to breath between arcs.

No one said that adapting volumes 5-7 in season 3 wouldn't work, its just that having the 3rd season end with the juggernaut drive and asia kiss would of been a lot better then the lame loki fight.

Gary29
2015-04-01, 10:33
Am I really the only one who thinks v7 is the perfect stopping-place for BorN? It ties up a lot of things (the girls' backstories, Juggernaut Drive [for both Ise and Vali], the Gremory group's completion) while ending it at v6 would be a typical high-octane fight for the end of the season. ...Or maybe the rushed pacing from S2's ending is clouding my judgement on that last part. :heh:

Anyway, 3 more days guys, get hyped. The updated story flow is there to fix pacing/cut content issues so don't worry about it.

The 48th Ronin
2015-04-01, 11:00
Just a few days away. My body's ready!

*crotch chop*

:D

Biohazardous
2015-04-01, 11:17
Just a few days away. My body's ready!

*crotch chop*

:D

Lol... :heh::p

Biohazardous
2015-04-01, 13:29
You deleted it before I could see it lol. :p

Kyouko Sakara
2015-04-02, 14:05
Hey guys, I'm new here. I hope I'm not a bother but do you know where I can watch the first two seasons before BorN airs? Thank you

cyberdemon
2015-04-02, 14:12
Hey guys, I'm new here. I hope I'm not a bother but do you know where I can watch the first two seasons before BorN airs? Thank you

You aren't allowed to ask for fansubs anywhere on the forum.

GDB
2015-04-02, 14:14
Pretty sure you can stream them on funimation.com.

DOmus
2015-04-02, 14:28
Like, is really that hard to search for animes??? Even a little kid could do that.

Malicre
2015-04-02, 17:35
So i started watching dxd after season 2 already finished, how long does it generally take for each episode to be translated and uploaded?

Always86
2015-04-02, 18:10
Depends, can range from overnight to a few days. Depends how quickly the raws appear. I'd imagine we all want to watch the uncensored version. Which will air on ATX so you have to make sure the sub group is using those raws,

Last season sub desu had the translation done within a few days normally, not sure how quick over groups normally operate.

Seafoam
2015-04-02, 18:46
Sub desu is basically dead. I forgot the name of the group but someone is just gonna put the Funi subs on the AT-X version whenever it's out.

Always86
2015-04-03, 02:08
Fair enough.

Poodicus
2015-04-03, 02:27
Sub desu is basically dead. I forgot the name of the group but someone is just gonna put the Funi subs on the AT-X version whenever it's out.

So in other words, we're going to get used to "Sir Zechs", "Gasper Bloody", and "Orphis" if we want to see uncensored oppai...? Boo...

ImperialFlameGod8190
2015-04-03, 05:24
So in other words, we're going to get used to "Sir Zechs", "Gasper Bloody", and "Orphis" if we want to see uncensored oppai...? Boo...

i'm not so sure about that god i hope not.

Seafoam
2015-04-03, 06:46

That's not to say that groups won't fansub it. The thing is that those groups won't be as quick to release, and may take a few extra days.

jopjopjop
2015-04-03, 08:02
Ishibumi's recent tweets about Season 3:

Kuroka, Rose, and Sairaorg will have more participation in this Season than what's on the LNs.
---

This one is already known months ago and Ishibumi just reiterated it. (This is regarding the Issei v Sairaorg fight in the preview)
Sairaorg's Rating Game versus Rias will not be included in this season
---

This one is weeks old.
AT-X will air BorN uncensored.

Biohazardous
2015-04-03, 09:04
Wonder how the extra air time for the characters will be handled.

Archilla
2015-04-03, 11:34
If there's one tragic thing about all of this, it's that Netflix's "Release the whole season all at once for binge-watching" thing hasn't caught on yet in Japan.

Can you imagine...

Always86
2015-04-03, 12:14
I may be wrong but I think some times the season is still in production when the first episode airs. Once they finish episode 12 they move on to redraws and extras for dvd.

So if they dumped we'd likely have to wait until June anyway. :-)

Archilla
2015-04-03, 12:51
So I just saw something cool...

If anyone here has a PS4, recently Funimation launched a streaming app for dubs and simulcasts n' such. So I go to download it and I notice the description.

Watch the latest shows blah blah, etc. etc.... "Such titles as Dragon Ball Z, Attack on Titan, Fairy Tail, Tokyo Ghoul, High School DxD and many, many more."

I thought it was cool and very telling for Funimation to have DxD as one of the majorly promoted series there. Being mentioned in the same breath as those shows is definitely a good thing.

Maybe a good sign of more to come?

Biohazardous
2015-04-03, 12:54
We are already hopeful of more to come. Part of that hope lies with the announced OVA for end of year.

Malicre
2015-04-03, 15:54
17 hours to go, all aboard the hype train

I really just want to see volumes 11 and 12 animated, i could care less about anything else.

Archilla
2015-04-03, 18:07

I really just want to see volumes 11 and 12 animated, i could care less about anything else.

Over Volume 10? That thing animated would be drool worthy...

Chichiryuushintei
2015-04-03, 18:20
Over Volume 10? That thing animated would be drool worthy...

Volume 10 is God. Not God-like, a real God.

GDB
2015-04-03, 18:29
What OVA? The one that was confirmed to be the Resurrection of Phoenix (or whatever it's called)? If so, it must because of the drugs. Should stop those. :p

Wargumm1i
2015-04-03, 18:39
I'm very excited for tomorrow since the first episode is suppose to air. I hope to see the first episode subbed on Sunday.

Archilla
2015-04-03, 18:50

Volume 10 is God. Not God-like, a real God.

Can you imagine the following moments animated?

-Sairaorg's mom
-Sauna scene
-Getting over Raynare
-Gasper's big moment
-Issei Rolfstomping their Queen
-DAT FINAL FIGHT
-CC Freaking Q
-The confession

I'd love to see 11 and 12 animated as well, but this volume is in another realm compared to them. Contains *arguably* the two most famous scenes in the series. (With jug being third.)

Malicre
2015-04-03, 20:44
I liked everything about volumes 11 and 12, i would rather watch issei's death/revival and all of the emotional trauma the girls went threw more then i would want to see some of the epic fights volume 10 had but i guess im in the minority.

Chichiryuushintei
2015-04-03, 20:53
I liked everything about volumes 11 and 12, i would rather watch issei's death/revival and all of the emotional trauma the girls went threw more then i would want to see some of the epic fights volume 10 had but i guess im in the minority.

No problem liking 11 and 12 more than 10, an opinion is an opinion.

But if they skip Volume 10 it won't make sense for the fans who don't read the LN, and then sales would decrease exponentially. And if sales decreases, no more DxD anime. Also have in mind that DxD is the only anime the TNK studio makes that sold well recently (or ever, The only other work of them which is slightly famous is School Days as far as I know).

ImperialFlameGod8190
2015-04-03, 21:17

You are because as Chichi said without vol 10 animated vol 11 and by extension 12 is meaningless so you're gonna ultimately get 10 and lets face it when ur best known anime is School Days one of by far the most infamous harems in existence you need to keep something going.

EDIT: If you dont know why School Days is infamous my advice is google it watching it all the way however i wouldnt quite recommend unless you want to feel lifeless for a few days. (though some people still havent recovered from the ending) :heh::heh:

Chichiryuushintei
2015-04-03, 21:21
You are because as Chichi said without vol 10 animated vol 11 and by extension 12 is meaningless so you're gonna ultimately get 10 and lets face it when ur best known anime is School Days one of by far the most infamous harems in existence you need to keep something going.

EDIT: If you dont know why School Days is infamous my advice is google it watching it all the way however i wouldnt quite recommend unless you want to feel lifeless for a few days. (though some people still havent recovered from the ending) :heh::heh:

That MC is the love child of Raizer and Diodora. Except that he doesn't have the likable characteristics of Raizer.

ImperialFlameGod8190
2015-04-03, 22:47
That MC is the love child of Raizer and Diodora. Except that he doesn't have the likable characteristics of Raizer.

I'm assuming u mean the Raizer after he got his wings clipped cause early Raizer wasnt really likeable.

WingsoftheDragonix
2015-04-04, 03:32
I'm assuming u mean the Raizer after he got his wings clipped cause early Raizer wasnt really likeable.

Pretty much. But if you ask me, I think that that Rizer was better of this mc. Take it as you will.

Honestly, he pretty much deserve what fall upon him at the end.

Anyway I'm curious to see how they did this:

Kuroka, Rose, and Sairaorg will have more participation in this Season than what's on the LNs.

But I am happy to hear that they will have more screen time in the anime that what they had in the Ln.

jopjopjop
2015-04-04, 03:49
BorN Program notice and sneak peek of the OP. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Eg3fNFuCu0)

DragoMuseveni
2015-04-04, 03:59
So , any news at what hour will be Highschool DxD Born will be broadcasted in japan?

jopjopjop
2015-04-04, 04:03
so , any news at what hour will be highschool dxd born will be broadcasted in japan?

23:00 utc+9:00

LowCholesterol
2015-04-04, 08:11

the ending of school day was a masterpiece:heh:
you'll want to be a good boy after see the ending

DOmus
2015-04-04, 08:23
the ending of school day was a masterpiece:heh:
you'll want to be a good boy after see the ending

Yeah, honestly, after watching that show, I learned to respect the relationships and at the same time to never be so sure about any relationship, 'cause you know, there are a lot of Makotos and Sekais in the world...

GrrDraxin
2015-04-04, 10:28
Hmm I think that they should deticate a whole season to just covering the short stories. they can call it Highschool DxD SS, or Highschool DxD SxS.

Chichiryuushintei
2015-04-04, 10:38
Hmm I think that they should deticate a whole season to just covering the short stories. they can call it Highschool DxD SS, or Highschool DxD SxS.

Nah, just put them as OVAs. If they use 12 episodes just with SS the fanbase could decrease and then, Bye Bye DxD anime. (It may seem like this is my only argument, but believe me, fanbases disperse for almost every reason, the new season of Durarara! is selling more or less one third of the first season sales)

ImperialFlameGod8190
2015-04-04, 10:47
Uhh well the first episode is out and i'd say DxD's downfall has already begun.

DOmus
2015-04-04, 10:50
Uhh well the first episode is out and i'd say DxD's downfall has already begun.

Bye Bye season 4 I guess...

ImperialFlameGod8190
2015-04-04, 11:00
Bye Bye season 4 I guess...

if uve watched it you know what i mean.

II Maestro
2015-04-04, 11:03
After watching episode 1 its like question marks keep floating on my head cause of a lot of part of the LN are being skipped and seriously vol.5, 6, & 7 are too much to be bundle in one DxD season.

Damn it I was looking forward to Akeno & Ise holding hands scene.

jopjopjop
2015-04-04, 11:09
People are reacting like these because you want it to be exactly like the novels like they did in the past Seasons.

Well, guess what? It won't. It is already known that 1.) Season 3 will cover 3 Volumes and 2.) it will have only 12 episodes.

What do you expect, be faithful with the novels even with those restraints?

Tell me, so far, are there important things missed out?

ImperialFlameGod8190
2015-04-04, 11:14
People are reacting like these because you want it to be exactly like the novels like they did in the past Seasons.

Well, guess what? It won't. It is already known that 1.) Season 3 will cover 3 Volumes and 2.) it will have only 12 episodes.

What do you expect, be faithful with the novels even with those restraints?

Tell me, so far, are there important things missed out?

jop i get what your saying and most of us knew it would be rushed and did we expect the same no but the differences are much worse then most of us expected.

Are important things missed out given what is to be expected no but thats not the problem. Emphasizing issei's relationship with Raynare at this point IMO is a crapshoot. Skipping the scenes they did isnt a horrible thing but its these extra scenes that give DxD its flare. DxD is one of those shows that is shaped just as much by the minor moments then the major ones. Can it recover yes but the fact is the first 3 were always gonna be critical.

Malicre
2015-04-04, 11:47
Oh god i hope there not trying to do volumes 5 6 7 9 and 10 in a 12 episode season. both raynare and sairaorg are both making apparences.....

ImperialFlameGod8190
2015-04-04, 11:48
Oh god i hope there not trying to do volumes 5 6 7 9 and 10 in a 12 episode season. both raynare and sairaorg are both making apparences.....

sairaorg is fine his appearance is supposed to be there. Raynare's appearance in that way is a dangerous one.

G147
2015-04-04, 11:56
jop i get what your saying and most of us knew it would be rushed and did we expect the same no but the differences are much worse then most of us expected.

Are important things missed out given what is to be expected no but thats not the problem. Emphasizing issei's relationship with Raynare at this point IMO is a crapshoot. Skipping the scenes they did isnt a horrible thing but its these extra scenes that give DxD its flare. DxD is one of those shows that is shaped just as much by the minor moments then the major ones. Can it recover yes but the fact is the first 3 were always gonna be critical.

I don't really feel like it was rushed. They still did an almost similar starting to Volume 5 Life 0. The Hyoudou Residence was still shown and explained. The trip to the Underworld happened, at most only the process to the train and Reynaldo was skipped along with the fanservice. Aside from that it clearly covers the main plot, with a reverse in order for Tannin and Kuroka to appear before the Gremory, and perhaps the bath scene. But aside from that the main plot wasn't rushed, just the reduction in fanservice and not going into full detail made it seemed rushed.

Chichiryuushintei
2015-04-04, 12:02
sairaorg is fine his appearance is supposed to be there. Raynare's appearance in that way is a dangerous one.

They said months ago they would add Rias and Ise's development in this season. I don't understand the surprise in having her mentioned since she is the main cause of the problem between them.

jopjopjop
2015-04-04, 12:05

That is needed to gradually build those things up. Same with Rias' complaint with the "you only call me Buchou" thing.

If ever we come to that point, do you think it would be good that all of a sudden what happened to Issei and Reynare comes into play.

RaymondSageClark
2015-04-04, 12:14
Well, this episode was funny as always but DAT MIX, seriously wtf?.

DragoMuseveni
2015-04-04, 12:32
That Great Red appearence .... so majestic

i don`t get it why people are being so annoyed by those skippings . Ichibumi said that he is pleased with how dxd is animated . If he is pleased then that means that the most important stuff are not skipped .

About venelana introduction , i believe that she will appear only when ise will learn how to dance .

Chichiryuushintei
2015-04-04, 12:33
Well, this episode was funny as always but DAT MIX, seriously wtf?.

What mix are you talking about?

charasu
2015-04-04, 12:34
@^^wait a minute, raynare??, like, seriously????? what the O_o how that bi- fallen angel come...??????
*waiting for sub

RaymondSageClark
2015-04-04, 12:35
What mix are you talking about?

They are mixing volumes, not following an order like the first 2 seasons.

DragoMuseveni
2015-04-04, 12:36
Raynare is a inception , remember volume 10 when ise started to think more about what raynare did to him . Maybe producers maked him remember earlier

I foreseen this when i heard when i heard that there will be more relationship developing between ise and rias

Also ... that scene now with tannin , i believe they will rewrite the script and make the whole team fight against him . I hope this doesn`t get true

Chichiryuushintei
2015-04-04, 12:43
They are mixing volumes, not following an order like the first 2 seasons.

They are not mixing anything, they are just bringing Ise's trauma up earlier to foreshadow Volume 10 (If it gets animated it's going to be Season 4) and make the whole problem between him an Rias flow better.

@DragoMuseveni: I think that was Azazel's way of seeing what they need to improve on. No biggie.

DragoMuseveni
2015-04-04, 12:47
Well i believe that we will see the Venelana introduction also the gremory house in the next episode , before or after the devil new generation meeting

WingsoftheDragonix
2015-04-04, 13:02
I never thought I would have said something like this....but...I'm happy that they decided to make Isse remember her(Raynare). As much I dislike her, she is an important part of the story when it when it came to Isse trauma.

Honestly, I'm happy to how they have dealt with this first episode.

Candyman5OS
2015-04-04, 13:27
OMG, that JD scene in the OP made me freaking excited:

http://i.imgur.com/AsaF64R.gif (http://imgur.com/AsaF64R)

Tbolt
2015-04-04, 13:30
Well since they haven't even reached there destination, them meeting Rias's mother and Millicas should be in the next episode.

iNoto
2015-04-04, 13:52
@Tbolt, i watched the episode with subs like 5 minutes ago and yes, next episode we're going to meet rias's mother and millicas.

Chichiryuushintei
2015-04-04, 14:03
@Tbolt, i watched the episode with subs like 5 minutes ago and yes, next episode we're going to meet rias's mother and millicas.

There are subs? Where? Forget it, I'll just use google.

DragoMuseveni
2015-04-04, 14:17

If you know spanish that is ....

iNoto
2015-04-04, 14:18

Only Spanish subs.

Correct.

Thank god Spanish is my first language.

Chichiryuushintei
2015-04-04, 14:33

Goddamit. :(

Tbolt
2015-04-04, 14:45
Only Spanish subs.

Correct.

Thank god Spanish is my first language.

LOL good thing its my second.

iNoto
2015-04-04, 14:50
LOL good thing its my second.

English is my second language and i do horrible haha!

So you watched the episode with spanish subs yet?

Always86
2015-04-04, 15:19
Anyone found the uncensor in English yet? Can you DM if you do. I'll post if I find it, just tying to go into the episode fresh.

cyberdemon
2015-04-04, 15:32
OMG, that JD scene in the OP made me freaking excited:

http://i.imgur.com/AsaF64R.gif (http://imgur.com/AsaF64R)

It just seems more like Issei in his scale mail releasing dragon wings. He does end up preferring dragon wings to devil wings.

Seafoam
2015-04-04, 15:39
It just seems more like Issei in his scale mail releasing dragon wings. He does end up preferring dragon wings to devil wings.

No, his Dragons wings look different. Here. (http://i.imgur.com/bTQEO9j.png)

Archilla
2015-04-04, 15:51
Damn, just woke up and the sky is falling.

Are we actually worried or is it just a preference thing ATM? Also, any words on subs? Ugh, I need coffee...

EDIT: Whoa... Jugg looks AWESOME. (As long as we're assuming what we see in the OP is just the start of it.) If they continue with the whole "dragon form straight out of your acid-tripping nightmares" thing they've got in the OP, they'll nail it.

Somethindarker
2015-04-04, 15:52
Anyone found the uncensor in English yet? Can you DM if you do. I'll post if I find it, just tying to go into the episode fresh.

That would be a great way to get this thread and probably this entire section of the forum closed. Keep it to yourself and check you own sources or friends.

jopjopjop
2015-04-04, 15:52

No, his Dragons wings look different. Here. (http://i.imgur.com/bTQEO9j.png)

You can see it as since it is an incomplete Juggernaut Drive, the Dragon wings doesn't have the webbing on it. Making it look like a spider or claws.

Somethindarker
2015-04-04, 15:54
You can see it as since it is an incomplete Juggernaut Drive, the Dragon wings doesn't have the webbings on it. Making it look like a spider.

Issei has two sets of wings the dragon wings in that picture and the demonic wings. He can't use his own so he asks Ddraig to fly for him, at least until he can use them on his own later on. What's in the OP is arms coming out of his back when he lost control arms, teeth and eyes start coming out of weird places in his body.

jopjopjop
2015-04-04, 16:11
Issei has two sets of wings the dragon wings in that picture and the demonic wings. He can't use his own so he asks Ddraig to fly for him, at least until he can use them on his own later on. What's in the OP is arms coming out of his back when he lost control arms, teeth and eyes start coming out of weird places in his body.

Its a speculation to connect the idea of Issei having the Dragon wings after he used Juggernaut Drive. I know that arms are what it was said in the novels but those things can be changed and the parts of the wings without the webbing can easily be viewed as arms.

Somethindarker
2015-04-04, 16:57
Its a speculation to connect the idea of Issei having the Dragon wings after he used Juggernaut Drive. I know that arms are what it was said in the novels but those things can be changed and the parts of the wings without the webbing can easily be viewed as arms.

Not speculation it's outright stated and described in the novels that Issei has dragon wings too they even got bigger when he died and came back. Ddraig controlled them until he got the hang of flying.

jopjopjop
2015-04-04, 17:02
Not speculation it's outright stated and described in the novels that Issei has dragon wings too they even got bigger when he died and came back. Ddraig controlled them until he got the hang of flying.

Ugh. You don't get what I'm saying, do you?

Issei's got his Dragon wings after he used Juggernaut Drive.

The INCOMPLETE Juggernaut Drive looks like the Scail Mail unraveling its wings but since it is INCOMPLETE, the webbing is missing and what's left is the wings that looks like that.

Get the connection? Juggernaut Drive, Wings, Incomplete, No webbing

Somethindarker
2015-04-04, 17:05
Ugh. You don't get what I'm saying, do you?

Issei's got his Dragon wings after he used Juggernaut Drive.

The INCOMPLETE Juggernaut Drive looks like the Scail Mail unraveling its wings but since it is INCOMPLETE, the webbing is missing and what's left is the wings that looks like that.

Get the connection? Juggernaut Drive, Wings, Incomplete, No webbing

Haha chill chill I misread the post, don't blow a gasket. Also for all we know Issei could've had dragon wings before JD he just couldn't bring them out yet.

jopjopjop
2015-04-04, 17:15
Haha chill chill I misread the post, don't blow a gasket. Also for all we know Issei could've had dragon wings before JD he just couldn't bring them out yet.

Regardless, JD brought it out.

Somethindarker
2015-04-04, 17:21
Regardless, JD brought it out.

We agree on that.

Malicre
2015-04-04, 18:13
Gotta admit, outta everything they did, they managed to make tannin look so badass.

Archilla
2015-04-04, 18:15
Y'all who can speak Japanese and Spanish are killing me right now.

Somethindarker
2015-04-04, 18:16
Gotta admit, outta everything they did, they managed to make tannin look so badass.

They changed his appearance didn't they? Don't get me wrong I like the look but I thought he was closer to a classic medieval dragon than a full on humanoid.

Malicre
2015-04-04, 18:17
They changed his appearance didn't they? Don't get me wrong I like the look but I thought he was closer to a classic medieval dragon than a full on humanoid.

That's the thing tho, i liked the whole armor/cloth/dragon hybrid look.

Chichiryuushintei
2015-04-04, 18:32
That's the thing tho, i liked the whole armor/cloth/dragon hybrid look.

Me too. :D I think the animation of him talking to be weird but, damn his badassery is off the charts XD

And then there's Great red. Anime Great Red is almost gorgeous. (Could saomeone post an image of him? I couldn't find any in the wiki :()

cyberdemon
2015-04-04, 18:48

Raynare's appearance isn't necessarily dangerous. She had an after the fact role in volume 6. Don't forget that she was unwittingly used by Diodora in his plan to break Asia and make her into one of his pieces. He intended to be the "hero" who came in and saved Asia from the Fallen angels but was beaten to the punch by Issei. She was bound to come up in the fight against Diodora

Malicre
2015-04-04, 18:54
Raynare's appearance isn't necessarily dangerous. She had an after the fact role in volume 6. Don't forget that she was unwittingly used by Diodora in his plan to break Asia and make her into one of his pieces. He intended to be the "hero" who came in and saved Asia from the Fallen angels but was beaten to the punch by Issei. She was bound to come up in the fight against Diodora

The problem is that there forcing issei/rias drama already. I really cant see how having these 2 bicker back and forth for 2 whole seasons is going to help sales. I wonder if they plan on doing the confession at the end of this season and not during the sairaorg fight, which would totally suck.

Chichiryuushintei
2015-04-04, 19:07
The problem is that there forcing issei/rias drama already. I really cant see how having these 2 bicker back and forth for 2 whole seasons is going to help sales. I wonder if they plan on doing the confession at the end of this season and not during the sairaorg fight, which would totally suck.
Forcing? It doesn't feel forced at all, specially because Ise didn't start being afraid at Volume 10, he was like that since Volume 1. They are showing it right now instead of just doing it after 4 seasons which would feel really shoehorned without an ounce of foreshadowing. The LNs are great, but aside from certain aspects, Ishibumi doesn't seem to bother with foreshadowing some really important stuff.

Archilla
2015-04-04, 19:09

I cannot see that happening. Ishibumi said he was happy with their season, and I can't imagine that being the case if they messed with, well, the consummate moment of the series so far.

Malicre
2015-04-04, 19:10
Forcing? It doesn't feel forced at all, specially because Ise didn't start being afraid at Volume 10, he was like that since Volume 1. They are showing it right now instead of just doing it after 4 seasons which would feel really shoehorned without an ounce of foreshadowing. The LNs are great, but aside from certain aspects, Ishibumi doesn't seem to bother with foreshadowing some really important stuff.

i saw at a minimum 3 different times in the 1st episode were rais got depressed / sad that issei still called her buchou, its just going to get old quick if this keeps up for another 24 episodes but thats just my opinion.

Chichiryuushintei
2015-04-04, 19:13
i saw at a minimum 3 different times in the 1st episode were rais got depressed / sad that issei still called her buchou, its just going to get old quick if this keeps up for another 24 episodes but thats just my opinion.

Rias barely shows up in Volume 9 so it's not going to be 24 episodes, and who said they're going to bring it up every single episode? Assuming that because of the first episode doesn't make sense at all.

Gary29
2015-04-04, 19:38
Are people still worrying about BorN being a failure just because it's not exactly like the LN? :heh: Or did that conversation sail already?

Those of you talking about Raynare's presence being a destructive force (here's looking at you, Imperial) ought to have realized that we already knew they'd be foreshadowing the v10 stuff this season. It's to make sure the anime-only viewers understand the issue instead of ending up at v10 in S4 and asking where all these emotions came from. It was a brilliant move on their part. And if you think they're going to be bickering over this during the entire season (Malicre), it's already been established right now, there's no reason to shove it in our face every episode. It's definitely not forced either.

~Btw,

The LNs are great, but aside from certain aspects, Ishibumi doesn't seem to bother with foreshadowing some really important stuff.

v4, v8, v9. It was established clearly that the trauma onset by what happened with Raynare was the reason for Ise being so "dense".

Well, anyway, people are already talking about that BorN's most likely going to be the highest-selling season of DxD yet (as we predicted).

Also, Great Red looks fucking amazing (they really did a fantastic job transferring his design from the LN to anime-form, though his arm looks like the BG gauntlet a bit so I hope they fix that), as does Juggernaut Drive.

Arthur looks pretty cool. This episode was great, really. The OP and ED were perfect to me, and while the episode didn't cover all our favorite scenes (in particular the finger-sucking scene and the bath scene) the pacing was great, the animation was excellent, and everything that was necessary to proceed with the plot properly was covered alongside some foreshadowing of the Rating Games and the Norse myth getting involved in the story.

Oh, and I LOVE the renovated Hyoudou Residence. It looks perfect.

Chichiryuushintei
2015-04-04, 19:48
Are people still worrying about BorN being a failure just because it's not exactly like the LN? :heh: Or did that conversation sail already?

Those of you talking about Raynare's presence being a destructive force (here's looking at you, Imperial) ought to have realized that we already knew they'd be foreshadowing the v10 stuff this season. It's to make sure the anime-only viewers understand the issue instead of ending up at v10 in S4 and asking where all these emotions came from. It was a brilliant move on their part. And if you think they're going to be bickering over this during the entire season (Malicre), it's already been established right now, there's no reason to shove it in our face every episode. It's definitely not forced either.

~Btw,

v4, v8, v9. It was established clearly that the trauma onset by what happened with Raynare was the reason for Ise being so "dense".

Well, anyway, people are already talking about that BorN's most likely going to be the highest-selling season of DxD yet (as we predicted).

Also, Great Red looks fucking amazing (they really did a fantastic job transferring his design from the LN to anime-form, though his arm looks like the BG gauntlet a bit so I hope they fix that), as does Juggernaut Drive.

Arthur looks pretty cool. This episode was great, really. The OP and ED were perfect to me, and while the episode didn't cover all our favorite scenes (in particular the finger-sucking scene and the bath scene) the pacing was great, the animation was excellent, and everything that was necessary to proceed with the plot properly was covered alongside some foreshadowing of the Rating Games and the Norse myth getting involved in the story.

Oh, and I LOVE the renovated Hyoudou Residence. It looks perfect.
I was refering to the Evil Dragons thing that the author himself said was a bit out of nowhere, but whatever, let's not continue talking about this.

The OP was great, and, surprisingly, had 0 ecchi in it. Nothing. Nada. That's a good thing since it show how epic the badassery in this season will be.
The ED was also cool, even though it was a bit too upbeat for me.

Gary29
2015-04-04, 19:53
I was refering to the Evil Dragons thing that the author himself said was a bit out of nowhere, but whatever, let's not continue talking about this.

The OP was great, and, surprisingly, had 0 ecchi in it. Nothing. Nada. That's a good thing since it show how epic the badassery in this season will
The ED was also cool, even though it was a bit too upbeat for me.

Oh, sorry if that came off offensive. I thought you were still on the Raynare topic :heh:

Yeah, TNK has placed a lot more focus on the fights than the ecchi this season. Ishibumi confirmed it himself. We barely got to see Xenovia's panties when they were fighting Tannin!

I was thinking about the ED and something Jop said earlier, that the music was too upbeat for the scenes that they showed. I was re-watching the Rose-Akeno part, and if the lyrics fit, it could be that the intention of the music was not so much playful as determined in whatever they're doing.

Chichiryuushintei
2015-04-04, 20:00
Oh, sorry if that came off offensive. I thought you were still on the Raynare topic :heh:

Yeah, TNK has placed a lot more focus on the fights than the ecchi this season. Ishibumi confirmed it himself. We barely got to see Xenovia's panties when they were fighting Tannin!

I was thinking about the ED and something Jop said earlier, that the music was too upbeat for the scenes that they showed. I was re-watching the Rose-Akeno part, and if the lyrics fit, it could be that the intention of the music was not so much playful as determined in whatever they're doing.

Nah, I don't take offense in conversations over the Internet... most of the time.

I wish someone would sub the songs, but unfortunately we'll have to wait until Funi decides to upload the official subbed version. BTW aren't they taking too long to do it? They didn't take this long to upload Yoru no Yatterman IIRC.

Seafoam
2015-04-04, 20:06
I heard that Funi is behind because they licensed it just a few days ago. Dizzysubs uploaded a fansub on nyaa but warned it's not great.

brazkun
2015-04-04, 20:23
yeah i want to download it (DxD DizzySub) , but after checking it on description, maybe just wait for good sub and download it.

Simonsy
2015-04-04, 20:24
I heard that Funi is behind because they licensed it just a few days ago. Dizzysubs uploaded a fansub on nyaa but warned it's not great.

hardly matters. We have all read the LN's i'm sure. So anything even remotely close and we will be fine.

GDB
2015-04-04, 21:51

They actually started the whole "Buchou" thing back in season 2. The fact that you forgot shows how little it hurt your enjoyment of the series.

NovelReader
2015-04-04, 23:24
OP was pretty good. Ophis appears <3

Chris38
2015-04-04, 23:54
^ I agree that it was pretty good ... but I'm a bit annoyed and worried that...

... they spoiled Juggernaut Drive in it ... and implied (at least from the order of the scenes that appeared in the OP) that Rias was that one who triggered it, instead of Asia...

GDB
2015-04-04, 23:57
If anyone gets Juggernaut Drive from weirdly winged balance breaker, then they already knew it was happening.

That or one of the idiots in the anime thread constantly yelling "JUGGERNAUT!!" spoiled them.

Archilla
2015-04-05, 00:05
Finally seeing the episode, I can say that I really don't see where all the naysayers are coming from.

I think most are upset that Raynare is there from the get go. I thought it was a nice take on the way we all expected the season to open, turning around and hitting you with that right away.

Personally, my opinion of that is what others have said: not only is it needed since anime-only peeps would be thrown for a loop when everything comes to a head next season, but it also shows (in my mind) that they're committed to having this be set up correctly so that the payoff is the level it needs to be.

Was the foreshadowing with the "buchou" stuff and Raynare a little on the nose? Yes. But I still think it means they're trying to do it right. I don't get the impression that it's due to rushing. The anime gives itself to a lot less subtlety than the LNs, and they're making the best of it.

All in all, I got the impression that they're committed to being serious about the series. It's not some fly-by-night season pumped out for the sole purpose of cashing in on dem oppai and an eager fanbase. Budget was noticeably improved too - Tannin obviously had some heart and soul poured into designing him (It payed off, he looks sick).

We're in for good stuff, gang. The LNs and this Anime are different entities, but I think they're giving the anime the respect it needs.

Side note: Watching the sub again made me remember how much there's one aspect I miss from the dub. While the dub has it's faults, MAN is Azazel's voice actor perfect in that. Missed him and his epic smugness in the sub.

cyberdemon
2015-04-05, 00:07
^ I agree that it was pretty good ... but I'm a bit annoyed and worried that...

... they spoiled Juggernaut Drive in it ... and implied (at least from the order of the scenes that appeared in the OP) that Rias was that one who triggered it, instead of Asia...

That is far too big a change to make and for the author to be satisfied with.

something I am actually curious about is if they might try to place volume 7 before volume 6 in order to get Rossweisse in the season more. Kinda like they did with the student council and such in season one since they normally wouldn't appear until volume 3.

Somethindarker
2015-04-05, 00:48
You guys need to calm down. Ishubumi's blog confirmed that Issei's problem isn't gonna be resolved this season, go read it it's been posted here somewhere, the scene is different and probably anime only or something. The OP indicated nothing about juggernaut drive being triggered by Rias instead of Asia you guys are panicking and grasping at straws, even if it will be it's no use working yourselves into a frenzy over something that may or may not happen. Just from the first episode Issei hugging Asia and being overprotective of her is an indicator that she'll be, at least from my point of view, the focus of the coming arc.

edit; I think everyone is still a bit PTSD over last seasons terrible shows *ehem Absolute Duo, Isuca, Fafnir...* So far on none of the changes made broke show.

Seafoam
2015-04-05, 00:53
Why would anyone take anything in the OP seriously anyways? They showed Issei and Vali fighting and we know that doesn't happen.

The Green One
2015-04-05, 00:56
Sadly there was always be those who think a line by line scene by scene recreation is the only acceptable format. Anything else is immediate and utter garbage.

cyberdemon
2015-04-05, 01:51
You guys need to calm down. Ishubumi's blog confirmed that Issei's problem isn't gonna be resolved this season

sounds like confirmation of more seasons to come yay

Direwolf18
2015-04-05, 06:50
You guys need to calm down. Ishubumi's blog confirmed that Issei's problem isn't gonna be resolved this season, go read it it's been posted here somewhere, the scene is different and probably anime only or something. The OP indicated nothing about juggernaut drive being triggered by Rias instead of Asia you guys are panicking and grasping at straws, even if it will be it's no use working yourselves into a frenzy over something that may or may not happen. Just from the first episode Issei hugging Asia and being overprotective of her is an indicator that she'll be, at least from my point of view, the focus of the coming arc.

edit; I think everyone is still a bit PTSD over last seasons terrible shows *ehem Absolute Duo, Isuca, Fafnir...* So far on none of the changes made broke show.

A couple of things.

First, so long as the Issei problems do NOT get resolved I am quite happy about the inclusion with the Raynare scene this early. It's inclusion only helps the story by highlighting how big of a problem it was, even then. The way it gets resolved is so critical to the story that any changes to THAT would be disastrous. If Ishibumi is telling me that it doesn't get resolved this season, then I am willing to take his word for it and not worry.

Second, I trust OPs almost as little as I trust to cover of a sci fi/fantasy novel. 9/10 out of ten the scenes on the cover never happen, and half the time if there are multiple characters they are never even in the same room as each other. Their is the quick flash of Diadora with Asia, and Rias is involved with getting him out of said juggernaut drive. So when it comes to that I would take a deep breath, maybe have a beer to settle the nerves and move on. It's entirely possible the plot gets screwed with but I am not worried about such an obviously critical element being cut out.

Which leads me to my third point. The parts that are important, but don't stand out and scream how important they are at the time. These are the kinda things that get cut out of the anime to squeeze an additional volume in, and its these small but important details that make the story so good. Details like say, when Issei and company arrive in the Gremory territory and meet the parents. The whole scene where the servants are welcoming Rias home is pretty important for the story. The whole introduction to Tannin in the anime screws with things. (As an aside I mostly like Tannin's art, although he seems more like a dragonoid giant then a dragon. Kinda how I figured Grendel to look) When the Gremory group gets their training regimes, it hints at more then a few things about Akeno and Koneko's powers, and emotional tolls that those powers have on them. And that's gone now. Its like, oh look you can see it in the intro so... skip it.

jopjopjop
2015-04-05, 06:59
Which leads me to my third point. The parts that are important, but don't stand out and scream how important they are at the time. These are the kinda things that get cut out of the anime to squeeze an additional volume in, and its these small but important details that make the story so good. Details like say, when Issei and company arrive in the Gremory territory and meet the parents. The whole scene where the servants are welcoming Rias home is pretty important for the story. The whole introduction to Tannin in the anime screws with things. (As an aside I mostly like Tannin's art, although he seems more like a dragonoid giant then a dragon. Kinda how I figured Grendel to look) When the Gremory group gets their training regimes, it hints at more then a few things about Akeno and Koneko's powers, and emotional tolls that those powers have on them. And that's gone now. Its like, oh look you can see it in the intro so... skip it.

They are NOT yet on the Gremory castle. They made a stop over. So, you know where I'm going with this, right?

Regarding the training, Azazel only mentioned about the training and he now knows what they will be doing. They still haven't had their meeting so what you're saying about Koneko and Akeno hasn't come up yet.

All your complaints saying things are missing is because it hasn't happened yet. We're still on the first episode.

Starway
2015-04-05, 07:23
Sadly there was always be those who think a line by line scene by scene recreation is the only acceptable format. Anything else is immediate and utter garbage.

The problem is less about changeling things up than about changeling thing up badly lot of directors seem to think they can do better than the authors and we end up with something like nurarihyon no mago season 1 also adding extra scenes like the dream at the beginning and the dragon fight is good and all but it's not the best idea when we only have 12 episodes, seriously not counting the bath scene were only 60 pages in I myself like it when they add more content but not then when their trying to fit 3 big volumes into 12 episodes.

They are NOT yet on the Gremory castle. They made a stop over. So, you know where I'm going with this, right?

Regarding the training, Azazel only mentioned about the training and he now knows what they will be doing. They still haven't had their meeting so what you're saying about Koneko and Akeno hasn't come up yet.

All your complaints saying things are missing is because it hasn't happened yet. We're still on the first episode.

That's fine if we had 6 episodes but we don't we have 4 we are 1/4 of the way though the time we have and were still in life 1.

The 48th Ronin
2015-04-05, 07:56
Tannin is awesome, Great Red & Ophis FTW! And here comes the Juggernaut!

Hir yn byw y Ddraig Goch! :bow:

Malicre
2015-04-05, 09:57
Ophis looked hot as hell, was she described that way in the LN? i always imagined a tiny old lady.

GDB
2015-04-05, 10:00
She looks the exact same way she does in the volume 6 illustration. Hell, that scene IS the volume 6 illustration.

Starway
2015-04-05, 10:02
Ophis looked hot as hell, was she described that way in the LN? i always imagined a tiny old lady.

Little yes old lady hell no not even close.
http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/highschooldxd/images/a/ac/Great_Red_%26_Ophis.jpg/revision/latest/scale-to-width/1000?cb=20140424031204
http://highschooldxd.wikia.com/wiki/Ophis/image_gallery

saw2097
2015-04-05, 10:05
sounds like confirmation of more seasons to come yay

That's exactly what it sounds like. Season 4 here we come.

Always86
2015-04-05, 11:50
FFF just sayin' 'n' that.

Somethindarker
2015-04-05, 12:36
You guys seemingly are forgetting that in the BD's they average about 3-4 minutes of extra scenes per episode.

Chichiryuushintei
2015-04-05, 12:38
You guys seemingly are forgetting that in the BD's they average about 3-4 minutes of extra scenes per episode.

It seems there won't be in this Season. I don't remember what extra content will come with them, but there won't be extra scenes this time IIRC.

Somethindarker
2015-04-05, 12:42
It seems there won't be in this Season. I don't remember what extra content will come with them, but there won't be extra scenes this time IIRC.

Where'd you read this? One of the biggest selling points of BD's is the fact that they uncensor, redraw and add extra scenes. They'd be shooting themselves in the legs announcing that.

Chichiryuushintei
2015-04-05, 12:47
Where'd you read this? One of the biggest selling points of BD's is the fact that they uncensor, redraw and add extra scenes. They'd be shooting themselves in the legs announcing that.

It's in the BDs page (I don't remember if in the haremking.tv or the sites where people pre-order the BDs).

S1 didn't add extra "canon" scenes BTW. Just some anime-original shorts.

Besides, there are other extra content, I don't remember what, but it does.

ImperialFlameGod8190
2015-04-05, 12:50

Some would argue the fact they're doing 3 volumes instead of 2 already is a big case of that as well. Unlike Testament there isnt much censoring either so those issues are meaningless. The extra scenes will hurt for sure but this whole season is a huge gamble so far. The phrase is if it aint broke dont fix it and well this could be a classic example of that. By the way anybody else notice that when bikou and Kuroka were talking they mentioned Loki sending them :D this is a dangerous game that they're playing.

DragoMuseveni
2015-04-05, 12:56
Some would argue the fact they're doing 3 volumes instead of 2 already is a big case of that as well. Unlike Testament there isnt much censoring either so those issues are meaningless. The extra scenes will hurt for sure but this whole season is a huge gamble so far. The phrase is if it aint broke dont fix it and well this could be a classic example of that. By the way anybody else notice that when bikou and Kuroka were talking they mentioned Loki sending them :D this is a dangerous game that they're playing.

Well that is a scene foreshadowing for the upcoming battle and vali desire to bring fenrir into his team .
We will see if the season is ruined or not after the third episode
Also who knows that Ishibumi might telled them to add that scene with kuroka and the other scene with tannin

Seafoam
2015-04-05, 14:01

It's needed for them to mention Loki if you ask me. I mean Loki and the Evil Dragons really had no foreshadowing whatsoever before they came as enemies.

ImperialFlameGod8190
2015-04-05, 14:08
It's needed for them to mention Loki if you ask me. I mean Loki and the Evil Dragons really had no foreshadowing whatsoever before they came as enemies.

Maybe so but thats part of what makes it good. One of DxDs best points is the enemies coming out of nowhere.

Chichiryuushintei
2015-04-05, 14:15
Maybe so but thats part of what makes it good. One of DxDs best points is the enemies coming out of nowhere.

... What?! Villains coming out of nowhere IS NOT GOOD AT ALL. It's like... one of the worst aspects a narrative can have. If DxD was a more serious series I'm sure that would warrant a lot more criticism than it does, the only reason I'm able to look past that is because the overall enjoyment DxD gives me is off the charts.

Seafoam
2015-04-05, 14:21

It depends on who the enemy is. Something like an Evil God? I'm pretty sure you'd want a heads up on that. Someone like Freed or Diodora is better for out of nowhere.

cyberdemon
2015-04-05, 14:29
after watching episode 1. It's looking to me that they will end the season on volume 6 but will do volume 7 earlier in the season. Likely between the Rias/Sona rating game and the Rias/Diodora ratings game.

Chichiryuushintei
2015-04-05, 14:31
after watching episode 1. It's looking to me that they will end the season on volume 6 but will do volume 7 earlier in the season. Likely between the Rias/Sona rating game and the Rias/Diodora ratings game.

That wouldn't make sense, since Ise doesn't have wings before the Juggernaut Drive incident and he used them on the fight against Loki. That was just them foreshadowing the final fight of the season most likely.

Chris38
2015-04-05, 14:48
To change the topic a little bit ... what do you guys think about how Ise's remodeled house was portrayed in the anime... (at least in the brief scenes that portrayed it, in the first episode)...

Since ... it might be just me, but I excepted something a little more ... spectacular, considering how this renovation was explained in the LN...

Part of it, might be of course, due to the fact that the description of Ise's renovated house was a bit more detailed in the LN, compared to time that was spent on it in the first episode... :uhoh:

Archilla
2015-04-05, 14:50
To change the topic a little bit ... what do you guys think about how Ise's remodeled house was portrayed in the anime... (at least in the brief scenes that portrayed it, in the first episode)...

Since ... it might be just me, but I excepted something a little more ... specular, considering how this renovation was explained in the LN...

Part of it, might be of course, due to the fact that the description of Ise's renovated house was a bit more detailed in the LN, compared to time that was spent on it in the first episode... :uhoh:

The view from the outside, bedroom, and sauna/pool looked good, and those are the really important three. I'm sure it'll get more time as they "keep discovering new rooms" just like in the LN.

Always86
2015-04-05, 15:32
Enjoyed the first episode.

How certain are we that all of 7 will be covered? Given that 8 is a collected volume could they not be planning on using some now and then some with 9/10. Would make some sense. Season one used bits of book 8, so while thing may be out of order slightly we still might get everything.

I liked the look of the house, I did think Ise's bed should have been bigger, not quite large enough for a whole harem :-).

OP and ED good but needed more Grayfia, though that's true of life in general.

As for the Raynare and Rias stuff I don't mind that so long as they don't dwell on it as much in the coming episodes. We had 2/3 set ups in this episode for each of those subplots, that's enough really. At most I'd want one reminder for Ise and Rias each per episode. But honestly that might feel a little heavy handed. Now those ideas are established revisiting them multiple times every episode will be too much.

The Rias stuff always felt a little forced to me anyway. As I recall she tells him to call he Buchou in the first place, and Akeno and Asia both tell him to call them by their names. I know it's a big deal in Japan, first names, but I feel like she could just ask him about it.

Also, what's up with Ise wearing clothes in bed? Sleeping with two gorgeous, at least topless, girls and he has his PJs on.

GDB
2015-04-05, 15:39
... What?! Villains coming out of nowhere IS NOT GOOD AT ALL. It's like... one of the worst aspects a narrative can have. If DxD was a more serious series I'm sure that would warrant a lot more criticism than it does, the only reason I'm able to look past that is because the overall enjoyment DxD gives me is off the charts.

Exactly. The random nature of the enemies (outside of traitors, though those should still have been introduced beforehand to make the fact that they're traitors matter to the audience) is the second worst literary aspect of the series. The first being how the majority of the characters don't do jack squat in volumes not related specifically to them.

Since ... it might be just me, but I excepted something a little more ... spectacular, considering how this renovation was explained in the LN...

I actually felt it was too grand (other than the underground training and bathing areas). This feels like a legit mansion or castle, whereas I always got an impression of just a huge house from the novels (discounting the underground floors).

DOmus
2015-04-05, 15:48

I thought it was exagerated, thats not what I had in mind. That was more like a little modern palace instead of just a big house with amazing designs inside.

Always86
2015-04-05, 16:02
I had something of a TARDIS thing in mind with the house, not so much multi story mansion. But still I liked how silly it all was.

GDB
2015-04-05, 16:07
Well, the novel did specify that they "obtained" the neighbors' houses and land in order to expand the Hyoudou estate, so we knew it wasn't like a TARDIS. :p

Always86
2015-04-05, 16:29
Yeah, I know, just always felt like it was like waking around a normal house until you opened a door. Then the rooms were bigger than they should be.

Seafoam
2015-04-05, 16:40
The only thing that caught me off guard about the house was the bed. I'm pretty sure the LN never mentioned the fact that there was a veil around it.

Simonsy
2015-04-05, 16:44
What is with all this out of nowhere talk?

Loki isn't out of nowhere. Odin was introduced in volume 5. As soon as he was introduced it opened up the whole series to other mythologies. But forget other mythologies, Loki is in the exact same one as Odin.

The 3 great powers had a peace treaty they set up. It's completely logical that they would also want to set up such a treaty with other mythologies if not already in place. Especially considering if you have 3 sides who have always been at war with each other all of a sudden sign a peace treaty, that would make outsiders nervous that they might now attack them.

So we have realistic peace treaties needing to be signed. We have Odin already introduced and with good relations with Azazel. This is all stuff from Volume 5 or sooner.

Now volume 7 comes along and Loki shows up who is in the same mythology as Odin, and true to his character in that mythology he is sort of Evil. The plot is he wants to stop the peace treaty from happening.

So any "out of nowhere" was the instant Odin showed up. Popping other mythologies into the series was as out of nowhere as it got. Hell the most out of nowhere I can think of is Sitri's group. The whole volume 1 it seemed like Rias was the sole devil in charge of the town and had complete control over the school. Then come volume 2 its like "oh btw another super high powerful devil goes to school there too and is actually the student body president, so most of the things that Ise says Rias was in charge of was actually Sona"

As for Evil Dragons. No idea when they were first mentioned if at all before their showing up. But even if they were non-existant before their show up, its totally believable. I mean before them it seemed like all dragons were completely good and innocent (minus draig and albion) I mean the rest of the dragon kings were friendly and/or lazy. Never see a dragon do anything bad ever. The only evil dragon was Vitri that I can think of. Yet we have Evil people in every other faction/mythology/race in the series. So having Evil dragons makes sense. Now as for why we never dealt or seen them it makes sense they were sealed and/or killed. So as soon as you get a Sacred Gear involved that can bring back the dead, why is bringing back evil dragons an ass pull? I would rather bring back them than bring back earlier defeated enemies.

Seafoam
2015-04-05, 17:13
What is with all this out of nowhere talk?

Loki isn't out of nowhere. Odin was introduced in volume 5. As soon as he was introduced it opened up the whole series to other mythologies. But forget other mythologies, Loki is in the exact same one as Odin.

The 3 great powers had a peace treaty they set up. It's completely logical that they would also want to set up such a treaty with other mythologies if not already in place. Especially considering if you have 3 sides who have always been at war with each other all of a sudden sign a peace treaty, that would make outsiders nervous that they might now attack them.

So we have realistic peace treaties needing to be signed. We have Odin already introduced and with good relations with Azazel. This is all stuff from Volume 5 or sooner.

Now volume 7 comes along and Loki shows up who is in the same mythology as Odin, and true to his character in that mythology he is sort of Evil. The plot is he wants to stop the peace treaty from happening.

So any "out of nowhere" was the instant Odin showed up. Popping other mythologies into the series was as out of nowhere as it got. Hell the most out of nowhere I can think of is Sitri's group. The whole volume 1 it seemed like Rias was the sole devil in charge of the town and had complete control over the school. Then come volume 2 its like "oh btw another super high powerful devil goes to school there too and is actually the student body president, so most of the things that Ise says Rias was in charge of was actually Sona"

As for Evil Dragons. No idea when they were first mentioned if at all before their showing up. But even if they were non-existant before their show up, its totally believable. I mean before them it seemed like all dragons were completely good and innocent (minus draig and albion) I mean the rest of the dragon kings were friendly and/or lazy. Never see a dragon do anything bad ever. The only evil dragon was Vitri that I can think of. Yet we have Evil people in every other faction/mythology/race in the series. So having Evil dragons makes sense. Now as for why we never dealt or seen them it makes sense they were sealed and/or killed. So as soon as you get a Sacred Gear involved that can bring back the dead, why is bringing back evil dragons an ass pull? I would rather bring back them than bring back earlier defeated enemies.
I'm just comparing to other enemies. Because the Norse mythology in general was foreshadowed all the way back in Volume 4, but Loki wasn't even mentioned until he first appeared. For example, the Hero Faction and Cao Cao were blatantly hinted towards all the way back in Volume 6 along with Indra. Although I suppose you could counter this and argue the same goes for Kokabiel.

Simonsy
2015-04-05, 17:30
I'm just comparing to other enemies. Because the Norse mythology in general was foreshadowed all the way back in Volume 4, but Loki wasn't even mentioned until he first appeared. For example, the Hero Faction and Cao Cao were blatantly hinted towards all the way back in Volume 6 along with Indra. Although I suppose you could counter this and argue the same goes for Kokabiel.

Asspulls to me are things like Buu. You know some unkown enemy that is not related to any mythology or story written that somehow is 1000x stronger thatn the last guy. Who just happened to be sealed on earth. That's an out of nowhere.

As soon as this story became more than just christianity and introduced Norse mythology and said others as well, then any KNOWN person from those mythologies is no longer and ass pull or out of nowhere or whatever you want to phrase it.

the closest asspull I found is the current bad guys. Just didn't like the explanation that these stronger than god level opponents had just been bored and thus laying around in hiding for centuries doing nothing and only come out now cuase of a booby god being revealed. That's been the only one to raise my eyebrows.

Seafoam
2015-04-05, 17:48
Asspulls to me are things like Buu. You know some unkown enemy that is not related to any mythology or story written that somehow is 1000x stronger thatn the last guy. Who just happened to be sealed on earth. That's an out of nowhere.

As soon as this story became more than just christianity and introduced Norse mythology and said others as well, then any KNOWN person from those mythologies is no longer and ass pull or out of nowhere or whatever you want to phrase it.

the closest asspull I found is the current bad guys. Just didn't like the explanation that these stronger than god level opponents had just been bored and thus laying around in hiding for centuries doing nothing and only come out now cuase of a booby god being revealed. That's been the only one to raise my eyebrows.

Yeah I agree. Although it became rather believable when you think of Rizevim's personality.

Superbia
2015-04-05, 21:05
The only thing that caught me off guard about the house was the bed. I'm pretty sure the LN never mentioned the fact that there was a veil around it.

It kind of was, though not really.

Arerere!? Was my bed always this big!? So big that there was still enough space even with four people on it!? Rather, there was even a canopy as well!

I know a canopy isn't the same as a veil, but it can come with one.

Chichiryuushintei
2015-04-07, 18:52
So, I was thinking, what if they didn't change Tannin's appearance for the Rule of Cool's sake? What if they where testing how well they can animate a fight between a human sized group and a gigantic Dragon to see if they are able to animate the fights in the current arc of the LNs properly? Because, changing Tannin to a Grendel-like appearance doesn't seem like coincidence to me.

Archilla
2015-04-07, 18:57
So, I was thinking, what if they didn't change Tannin's appearance for the Rule of Cool's sake? What if they where testing how well they can animate a fight between a human sized group and a gigantic Dragon to see if they are able to animate the fights in the current arc of the LNs properly? Because, changing Tannin to a Grendel-like appearance doesn't seem like coincidence to me.

I've been thinking that too. Plus, it gives them more options to do that with later dragons as well.

cyberdemon
2015-04-07, 20:01

It could also be that they are experimenting with different forms. They had Tannin able to transform into a chibi form in the LN. This could just be a fighting form that he made as well

WingsoftheDragonix
2015-04-08, 04:53
Talking about how they change Tannin's appearance....it's me, or they also change Gr a little?

But yeah, I agree that that it's probably the reason to why they go down this route with Tannin

Chichiryuushintei
2015-04-08, 05:10
Talking about how they change Tannin's appearance....it's me, or they also change Gr a little?

But yeah, I agree that that it's probably the reason to why they go down this route with Tannin

You mean Great Red's? I don't see much of a difference compared to the LN. :confused:

WingsoftheDragonix
2015-04-08, 05:20
@Chichiryuushintei Yes, him.

In the anime, he seems more "humanoid" than dragon. Look at his arms(?) in the anime....they seem more human like and I don't remember him having them in the ln.

Chichiryuushintei
2015-04-08, 05:46
@Chichiryuushintei Yes, him.

In the anime, he seems more "humanoid" than dragon. Look at his arms(?) in the anime....they seem more human like and I don't remember him having them in the ln.
They didn't show his arms in the LN, but his chest looks really humanoid in the illustration from Volume 6.

I can't post images, damnit. :(

WingsoftheDragonix
2015-04-08, 08:01
^You're right about his chest.

Still if you look at both at his image on the ln and the one in the anime he really looks different.

Just to be clear, I'm not saying that is a bad thing.

Always86
2015-04-08, 08:09
Is it possible that Tanin is usually on all fours but can fight on two legs? Sort of a battle mode?

Chichiryuushintei
2015-04-08, 08:23
^You're right about his chest.

Still if you look at both at his image on the ln and the one in the anime he really looks different.

Just to be clear, I'm not saying that is a bad thing.

Yeah, now that I look at it, his head is smaller and he's a darker shade of red in the anime. But even then, he's definitely the Dragon of Dragons, Shen Ron and Acnologia would shit themselves if they met him. :heh:

Sorry if I sounded aggressive, I tend to be kind of rude. :p

Archilla
2015-04-08, 09:31
Yeah, now that I look at it, his head is smaller and he's a darker shade of red in the anime. But even then, he's definitely the Dragon of Dragons, Shen Ron and Acnologia would shit themselves if they met him. :heh:

True that, he would wreck like 99% of other dragons in fiction. His hype is reaching unfathomable levels.

WingsoftheDragonix
2015-04-08, 10:05

Not worry it's fine.:)

Anyway, I do agree with what you said.

Tbolt
2015-04-08, 12:47
For me I did not like how Tannin looked in the anime since it went against how he was described in the LN but since the two formats are basically different its fine with me.

Biohazardous
2015-04-08, 12:51
Maybe it will be shown as he just morphed as a way to battle a group of powerful people. It also may be said that form gave him better control of limiting how much power he is using since he could kill them all with a fart basically. :p

DragonKing0117
2015-04-08, 13:28
For the talks about Tannin:
http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/highschooldxd/images/2/24/Tananim.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20130205090324
http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/highschooldxd/images/b/b3/Baby_Dragon.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20130409125543
http://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net/highschooldxd/images/0/0a/Tannin_blocking_Xenovia_and_Kiba%27s_attack.png/revision/latest?cb=20150404164224

It should be noted that the only illustrations of Tannin are the closeup from Volume 5 and the chibi form on the cover of Volume 11.

On another note: THEY MADE DIADORA'S HAIR BLACK!!!! I guess this only happened because they changed Momo's hair color to white back in season 1 so they're going with the 2 wrongs make a right thing.

Chichiryuushintei
2015-04-08, 13:45
On another note: THEY MADE DIADORA'S HAIR BLACK!!!! I guess this only happened because they changed Momo's hair color to white back in season 1 so they're going with the 2 wrongs make a right thing.
It was never stated he was blonde. His hair was discoloured in the illustration, but that's it.

sunsengnim
2015-04-08, 13:51
That chibi form is actually Rassei i don't know why someone put that in the tannin gallery on the wiki but that's completely wrong Tannin is purple and Rassei is blue.

So all we have is barely a head shot of Tannin so i don't know why everyone is crying about it there was nothing to stay true in the first place.

cyberdemon
2015-04-08, 14:00
It was never stated he was blonde. His hair was discoloured in the illustration, but that's it.

i always felt a bluish hair color would be better for Diodora and Ajuka

jopjopjop
2015-04-08, 14:59
Today (April 9) is Rias' birthday. Coming next will be Issei's on April 16.

Biohazardous
2015-04-08, 15:04
Omg they are getting old :p

ImperialFlameGod8190
2015-04-08, 15:09
i always felt a bluish hair color would be better for Diodora and Ajuka

i think the black only works for Diodora because the dude looks so much like Makoto from school days and the level of scumbag is close.

jopjopjop
2015-04-08, 15:21
Diodora with black hair isn't even his final form. :heh: Wait for him to enter NTR-mode and his hair will turn blonde.

Archilla
2015-04-08, 15:36
Diodora with black hair isn't even his final form. :heh: Wait for him to enter NTR-mode and his hair will turn blonde.

"I am... Super Diodora!"

*Issei procedes to stomp*

GDB
2015-04-08, 15:44
Honestly, Diadora's hair color shouldn't be a surprise at all. This was basically set back in season 1.

http://oi57.tinypic.com/296kfhx.jpg

Ruki0089
2015-04-09, 23:15
Man, I never thought that for few past month i actually stop wathing anime because of my work... and when i return watching anime... I never thought DxD Born Already out.... and download it right away... and Opening was truly feel touchy...
man, i`m sure there is 4th and 5th season...

Go0gleplex
2015-04-09, 23:34
Saw the 1st ep of Born yesterday....and I have to say I was completely underwhelmed. It looks like a season of twisted up plot in order to cram as much stuff into the season as possible...and not well done so far.

Always86
2015-04-10, 04:01
^^ based from one episode I think that's a bit unfair. That said for a season 3 episode there did seem to be a lot of exposition, but that's not unusual in the source material, especially in the earlier volumes. Given the show has a large cast, the plot threads didn't seem to convoluted to me. If episode 2 continues to grow lots of new stuff then I may begin to agree, but I'd say a lot of groundwork is now in place for ongoing plot.

Malicre
2015-04-10, 04:48
^^ based from one episode I think that's a bit unfair. That said for a season 3 episode there did seem to be a lot of exposition, but that's not unusual in the source material, especially in the earlier volumes. Given the show has a large cast, the plot threads didn't seem to convoluted to me. If episode 2 continues to grow lots of new stuff then I may begin to agree, but I'd say a lot of groundwork is now in place for ongoing plot.

Well to be fair, dxd has a fan base that eats everything up regardless as to if its good or not. fanboys just cant seem to judge their favorite shows properly and automatically give it a 10/10.

Was the season 3 premiere good? Sure but it was nothing special.

Chichiryuushintei
2015-04-10, 05:13
Well to be fair, dxd has a fan base that eats everything up regardless as to if its good or not. fanboys just cant seem to judge their favorite shows properly and automatically give it a 10/10.

Considering that I watch/read DxD simply for entertainment value I see no reason to objectvely criticize it. Unless the quality drops considerably, then I can't really ignore it.

ImperialFlameGod8190
2015-04-10, 05:26

I agree i mean i got a lot of flak for calling out the changes and i'm probably one of the bigger fanboys on the forums. :heh: all that aside the problem is that 1 episode doesnt MAKE a series but 1 episode can also RUIN a series and i feel like this first episode is setting DxD down a very bad path. We all knew this path was coming and now thats its here i think many people are just saying its one episode its not a big deal. Which is true but it sets a dangerous precedent.

Always86
2015-04-10, 08:52
It wasn't the best episode so far. I think it all depends on how things play out from here. It is also a question if we are getting 3 full volumes over 12 episodes or each volume getting 4 episodes. It will completely effect the pacing and may take longer to get going if it's the former, the later may feel condensed. They've done a good job so far. I guess we'll see what happens going forward.

aw454wtr
2015-04-10, 10:47
well 3 volumes are crammed in, I wouldnt be surprised if epsiode 3 is end of vol 5

Chichiryuushintei
2015-04-10, 11:05
well 3 volumes are crammed in, I wouldnt be surprised if epsiode 3 is end of vol 5

Do the math: 3 volumes divided by 12 episodes equal 4 episodes per Volume.

And someone mentioned that parts of Volume 7 will be brought to Volumes 5 and 6, so it could be only 2 or 3 episodes for Volumes 7, especially if they take out that fight against the Hero Faction, since it can easily be put in Season 4 before they go to Kyoto.