PDA

View Full Version : High School DxD season 3 confirmed.

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9

Archilla
2015-04-10, 11:08
I think tomorrow's episode will be the most telling.

While I hope the episodes have the quality we want, I mostly just want them to be entertaining and sell well.

ImperialFlameGod8190
2015-04-10, 11:08
I think tomorrow's episode will be the most telling.

While I hope the episodes have the quality we want, I mostly just want them to be entertaining and sell well.

thats true episode 2 will be very interesting.

Biohazardous
2015-04-10, 11:29
I agree and can't wait. Hopefully they did them well enough for them to sell well. Most of us would like to be able to see it all animated.

Archilla
2015-04-10, 11:35
I agree and can't wait. Hopefully they did them well enough for them to sell well. Most of us would like to be able to see it all animated.

I think if we make it to the fourth season there's a good shot it sticks around. Volumes 9 and 10 have enough insanely awesome content that, if done right, could assure the franchise's future.

It's crazy enough just to have a 3rd season. This type of story doesn't usually get more than two seasons, and one is usually crap. Sekirei jumps to mind.

DragoMuseveni
2015-04-10, 14:32
http://imgur.com/a/QjM3k

Moving the question here

Why the fourth picture gives me the feeling that kuroka will apear in that episode?

GDB
2015-04-10, 14:34
Because it's night? But note, she's wearing her school clothes. If it's done the same as in the novel, she should be wearing a dress. It's probably just showing her overdoing her training to the point of not resting (thus, day and night training).

Biohazardous
2015-04-10, 14:35
She does look like she is looking as something that pisses her off.

Chichiryuushintei
2015-04-10, 14:51
Sairaorg looks a bit less thin, or I'm just being delusional? :heh:

Seriously, aside from that I have no complaints at all.

GDB
2015-04-10, 14:52
She does look like she is looking as something that pisses her off.

Maybe she punched a cliff wall and like, two small pebbles fell instead of the wall splitting like she wanted.

Chichiryuushintei
2015-04-10, 14:58
Maybe she punched a cliff wall and like, two small pebbles fell instead of the wall splitting like she wanted.

GODDAMNIT MOUNTAIN, Y U DON't SPLIT IN HALF

>Imagine Koneko yelling this while annoyed
>Giggles with adorableness <3

P.S.: Sorry if I sound kind of random :heh:

Biohazardous
2015-04-10, 15:30
Lol Chich :p

Chichiryuushintei
2015-04-10, 15:57
Come on Bio, Everyone knows Koneko is the cutest girl in Ise's harem *chough* after Ophis *chough*.

Biohazardous
2015-04-10, 16:13
Lol again. Ophis is awesome. Love volume 18 when she chimes in too with the others.

Malicre
2015-04-10, 16:15
Akeno best girl.......

Chichiryuushintei
2015-04-10, 16:23
Akeno best girl.......
Sexy =/= Cute

And there are sexier girls than her in my opinion.

Malicre
2015-04-10, 17:07
Sexy =/= Cute

And there are sexier girls than her in my opinion.

Well Gabriel is my favorite but as many people have said that ain't ever gonna happen, so akeno is the runner up.

Chichiryuushintei
2015-04-10, 17:21
Well Gabriel is my favorite but as many people have said that ain't ever gonna happen, so akeno is the runner up.

We didn't even get to see an illustration of Gabriel XD
But yeah, she's adorable. Akeno is cool but she went to the bottom of the list after that SS with Barakiel in Volume 13 (Or was it 15?). That was just waaaaaaaaaaaaay too creppy for me. :heh:

Archilla
2015-04-10, 17:23
But yeah, she's adorable. Akeno is cool but she went to the bottom of the list after that SS with Barakiel in Volume 13 (Or was it 15?). That was just waaaaaaaaaaaaay too creppy for me. :heh:

I'm glad I'm not the only one who was NOT on board with that, lol.

Chichiryuushintei
2015-04-10, 17:25
The dude was getting off by BDSM-playing with his daughter. Anyone who's not put off by that needs to either think more about it or seek medical help. '-'

No offense intended.

cyberdemon
2015-04-10, 19:17
Come on Bio, Everyone knows Koneko is the cutest girl in Ise's harem *chough* after Ophis *chough*.

In terms of cuteness I prefer Ravel.

aw454wtr
2015-04-10, 23:39
The dude was getting off by BDSM-playing with his daughter. Anyone who's not put off by that needs to either think more about it or seek medical help. '-'

No offense intended.

Azazel is probably glad he switched careers to chemistry teacher and supervisor for kuou than having to see barakiel again:heh:

Malicre
2015-04-11, 01:30

That's the good thing about Akeno tho, she seems like the kinda woman that is open to doing all kinds of naughty things in the bed. Rias would definitely be issei's "first" but i bet akeno would be the first to do "everything else" with him.

Out of all the girls in the harem Akeno has the most sex appeal, at least in my opinion.

ImperialFlameGod8190
2015-04-11, 05:36

No offense intended.

its bizzare absolutely but there's some logic about it.
1. We know he did it with his wife and lets face it the two of them needed something to bond over.
2. We know that Akeno consistently is around old men for her contracts and lets face it she has a sadistic side.

Plus this way she takes out her frustrations. It does make sense creepy sense but sense.

Chichiryuushintei
2015-04-11, 06:50
its bizzare absolutely but there's some logic about it.
1. We know he did it with his wife and lets face it the two of them needed something to bond over.
2. We know that Akeno consistently is around old men for her contracts and lets face it she has a sadistic side.

Plus this way she takes out her frustrations. It does make sense creepy sense but sense.

That makes it even creepier. It doesn't matter if it makes sense. Creepy is creepy.

@Malicre: One thing is having an open mind. Being fu*ked up is another completely. And why do you think Rias wouldn't do other kind of stuff with Ise? She's not exactly super innocent when it comes to sex, she tried to have her way with him twice.
Again, I repeat, that SS simply made Akeno drop to the bottom of Ise's harem in my opinion (Not the "order", just how much I like each girl).

Archilla
2015-04-11, 07:23
That makes it even creepier. It doesn't matter if it makes sense. Creepy is creepy.

@Malicre: One thing is having an open mind. Being fu*ked up is another completely. And why do you think Rias wouldn't do other kind of stuff with Ise? She's not exactly super innocent when it comes to sex, she tried to have her way with him twice.
Again, I repeat, that SS simply made Akeno drop to the bottom of Ise's harem in my opinion (Not the "order", just how much I like each girl).

While I agree completely how messed up that SS is, it didn't have her plummet in my mind. I just GT that story. It doesn't exist.

Chichiryuushintei
2015-04-11, 11:15
Raw is out

They present Venelana and Milicas, which was obvious.

Ise sleeping with Asia and Xenovia. :D

The ORC are given their training Routines, Sairaorg appears in front of Ise in the mountains and it seems Akeno is training with her father.

Koneko's past is explained, I know it's suposed to be kind of sad, but I couldn't stop thinking about how her ears are cute. <3

They go to the Party, Ravel gives Ise something, Sairaorg one shots the dude I forgot the name, Ise and Saji exchange some words.

Koneko goes to meet Kuroka and Ise and Rias follow her.

Next episode preview: Best Girl appears for the first time, and the Oppai Dragon reaches Balance Breaker.

Still great.

Weather
2015-04-11, 11:32
I'll wait for the subs, but it looks good.

Direwolf18
2015-04-11, 13:41
Well subs are out. I'm happy, the show feels solidly on track plot wise. Still not sure why they did the train detour scene with Tannin, maybe to get a fight in the first episode?

No clue.

Chichiryuushintei
2015-04-11, 13:59
Well subs are out. I'm happy, the show feels solidly on track plot wise. Still not sure why they did the train detour scene with Tannin, maybe to get a fight in the first episode?

No clue.

That was to show where they are lacking and what they need to train. It was to let us viewers see that as well instead of just having Azazel say it.

Somethindarker
2015-04-11, 15:57
So far this season has been a bit of hit and miss. Although to be fair I've liked more that disliked so far I like that they're streamlining everything but hate that for example they add Sairorg meeting Issei for no reason then skip the young devil meeting. So far I don't dislike this season in fact it has more direction and QUALITY than the others what with less "filler" but I do miss it sometimes.

Chichiryuushintei
2015-04-11, 16:00
So far this season has been a bit of hit and miss. Although to be fair I've liked more that disliked so far I like that they're streamlining everything but hate that for example they add Sairorg meeting Issei for no reason then skip the young devil meeting. So far I don't dislike this season in fact it has more direction and QUALITY than the others what with less "filler" but I do miss it sometimes.

The young devil meeting wasn't skipped, it was merged with the party. It's probably going to be there next episode.

Somethindarker
2015-04-11, 16:03
The young devil meeting wasn't skipped, it was merged with the party. It's probably going to be there next episode.

I hope you're right. The fact that they're not adding scenes for the bluray also irks me a bit so this season has gotta be good.

Weather
2015-04-11, 16:05

Do we realle need to waste time in borh the Young meeting AND the party? The Rating Game can be announced easily next chapter and Anime viewers can be hyped by Sairaoirg, specially if he has more scenes.

TNK is hyping S4 already and for a very good reason.

Direwolf18
2015-04-11, 16:17
That was to show where they are lacking and what they need to train. It was to let us viewers see that as well instead of just having Azazel say it.

Because they couldn't beat an ultimate class devil? Might as well have them play chess against Watson, or try to beat a Bugatti Veyron in a mile drag race, or something like that.I mean sure, I agree that is probably the thought process behind it, doesn't mean that it was a particularly good thought process.

Also minor gripe with Issei. Everyone is dressing up for a formal dinner, ok fine you want to wear your school uniform, least you could do is button your shirt and put your frigging tie on. Oh and maybe wear something other then sneakers. I have been underdressed before to formal events, and its frigging humiliating.

Weather
2015-04-11, 16:23
They went to the Underworld in their summer uniforms, since it was summer in the human world.

It was like that in the LN.

Chichiryuushintei
2015-04-11, 16:28
Because they couldn't beat an ultimate class devil? Might as well have them play chess against Watson, or try to beat a Bugatti Veyron in a mile drag race, or something like that.I mean sure, I agree that is probably the thought process behind it, doesn't mean that it was a particularly good thought process.

Also minor gripe with Issei. Everyone is dressing up for a formal dinner, ok fine you want to wear your school uniform, least you could do is button your shirt and put your frigging tie on. Oh and maybe wear something other then sneakers. I have been underdressed before to formal events, and its frigging humiliating.

It was less about strenght and more about what they'd do in a surprise attack. As well as how they used their abilities and what kind of strategy they'd go for when the main tactician of the group was absent.

As stated above, Ise went like that in the LNs as well. Besides, he constantly yells out loud for the whole world to hear that he's a pervert who loves breats and wants to be a Harem King. He's not exactly the type to care about how people look at him.

Seafoam
2015-04-11, 16:28
The synopsis for episode 5 says that training camp ends, so for those who complained about it being too fast, there you go.

Chichiryuushintei
2015-04-11, 16:31
The synopsis for episode 5 says that training camp ends, so for those who complained about it being too fast, there you go.

So Volume 5 (with a bit of 7 mixed in) is going to get 5 episodes, huh. Yup, not bad at all, not bad at all.

GDB
2015-04-11, 16:32
I'd need to see the entire synopsis, but it could be that volume 5 in episode 5, rather than episode 5 being the end of volume 5 (ie: volume 6 starts in episode 5 as well).

Weather
2015-04-11, 16:34
So Volume 5 (with a bit of 7 mixed in) is going to get 5 episodes, huh. Yup, not bad at all, not bad at all.

WITH the Vol 7 foreshadowing done, then yeah, is fine, 3 chapters for Volume 6 (I expect a quick curbstomp battle to Diodora) and 4 for Vol 7.

Malicre
2015-04-11, 16:40
Everything just feels so rushed, like we only got to see 1/10 of the training issei does in the light novel and he didn't even seem to get bigger physically.

6/10 for this episode.

Seafoam
2015-04-11, 16:44
Well, it's all mixed in. The rating game against Sitri is going to start in episode 6 it sounds like. We only know the synopsis' of the next 3 episodes.
Episode 3: When the Nordic God attempted to sign the treaty with the alliance, the Nordic God Loki suddenly appeared and protested. Meanwhile, Issei and Rias are chasing Koneko....

Episode 4: In order to defeat Loki, Odin returned to Northern Europe to bring back Mjollnir.Rias and us volunteered to hold off Loki until Odin returns. A seesaw battle in an all-out war....

Episode 5: The training camp in the Underworld ended and everyone returned to Japan.Issei struggling with his summer homework, asked Akeno for help and in exchange he will go on a date with her. But...So pretty much we're getting the first small fight against Loki before the rating game.

Chichiryuushintei
2015-04-11, 16:45
WITH the Vol 7 foreshadowing done, then yeah, is fine, 3 chapters for Volume 6 (I expect a quick curbstomp battle to Diodora) and 4 for Vol 7.
Volume 6 is the shortest of those 3. And most of it are extremelly quick curbstomp fights that can be done all in one episode with the exception of JD.
That and, if they are smart they will take that fight in the factory against the Hero Faction from Volume 7 out and put it in a future Season 4, than I don't see much problem with how things will turn out.

The only problem with foreshadowing Loki, is that it will increase the hype people have for that fight, and it's conclusion is the most WOT DA FUQ moment of the series, so people might think it's anti-climatic.

Weather
2015-04-11, 16:45
Everything just feels so rushed, like we only got to see 1/10 of the training issei does in the light novel and he didn't even seem to get bigger physically.

The LN did the same thing, just skipped the convesation with Azazel about Koneko (which we got anyway just not from Azazel) and Issei Shooting a dragon shot at Tannin.

And the second, You wanna see Issei's abs that badly?

Well, it's all mixed in. The rating game against Sitri is going to start in episode 6 it sounds like. We only know the synopsis' of the next 3 episodes.
Episode 3: When the Nordic God attempted to sign the treaty with the alliance, the Nordic God Loki suddenly appeared and protested. Meanwhile, Issei and Rias are chasing Koneko....

Episode 4: In order to defeat Loki, Odin returned to Northern Europe to bring back Mjollnir.Rias and us volunteered to hold off Loki until Odin returns. A seesaw battle in an all-out war....

Episode 5: The training camp in the Underworld ended and everyone returned to Japan.Issei struggling with his summer homework, asked Akeno for help and in exchange he will go on a date with her. But...So pretty much we're getting the first small fight against Loki before the rating game.

So they are moving Vol 7 foward before the big one? seems interesting.

Chichiryuushintei
2015-04-11, 16:50

He was wearing a shirt, but his chest muscles seemed more prominent than before I think.

Seafoam
2015-04-11, 16:55
The LN did the same thing, just skipped the convesation with Azazel about Koneko (which we got anyway just not from Azazel) and Issei Shooting a dragon shot at Tannin.

So they are moving Vol 7 foward before the big one? seems interesting.

They're moving half of it before. Basically they're gonna do the Hero Faction fight next season, and do the date/Loki's first battle before the rest. Then we should finish up Volume 5, 6 and the second half of 7. The pacing sounds like it will cool down basically in the next few episodes.

Chichiryuushintei
2015-04-11, 16:58
They're moving half of it before. Basically they're gonna do the Hero Faction fight next season, and do the date/Loki's first battle before the rest. Then we should finish up Volume 5, 6 and the second half of 7. The pacing sounds like it will cool down basically in the next few episodes.

YES, THEY'RE SKIPPING THE FACTORY!!! THEY READ MY MIND!!
TNK sure knows what to cut and what not to cut. :D

GDB
2015-04-11, 16:58
Better still get Asia trying to heal Issei's head and the gauntlet (ie: Ddraig's head). Best scene of the entire volume, in my opinion.

Seafoam
2015-04-11, 17:00
I just have a sinking feeling that we won't see any Senjutsu treatment from Koneko (.__. )

Chichiryuushintei
2015-04-11, 17:01
Better still get Asia trying to heal Issei's head and the gauntlet (ie: Ddraig's head). Best scene of the entire volume, in my opinion.

That's during the final fight against Loki, right? But, yeah, that was hilarious.

Only downside is that there won't be a catfight between Rias and Akeno in the Volume 6 part, unless they make it a kiss instead of a date... Not a bad idea actually.

@Obey Pyro: Oh, no, not that! That was like, adorableness condensed into a single scene (All scenes regarding deredere Koneko, Ophis and Ravel are actually). They can't cut that D:

Weather
2015-04-11, 17:01
I just have a sinking feeling that we won't see any Senjutsu treatment from Koneko (.__. )

Leave that for the first scenes of S4. 10 Minutes of dat healing scene.

GDB
2015-04-11, 17:05
That's during the final fight against Loki, right? But, yeah, that was hilarious.

Indeed it was.

Wandering Soul
2015-04-11, 17:05
Yeah that's one scene I'm looking forward to due to just how funny it was.

Chichiryuushintei
2015-04-11, 17:10
Now, talking serious here, someone knows what that thing Ravel gave Ise was? Because I have no idea. ._____.

I asked this twice in the anime thread, but noone even bother to answer me. :sad:

GDB
2015-04-11, 17:11
Well, they can't answer in the anime thread because it'd either be a spoiler or talking out their ass. The episode makes no mention of what it is.

That said, I can't recall her giving him anything in the novels. I do feel like I remember her MOTHER giving him something at one point though, so perhaps they just changed it so Ravel gives it to him instead?

Chichiryuushintei
2015-04-11, 17:15
Well, they can't answer in the anime thread because it'd either be a spoiler or talking out their ass. The episode makes no mention of what it is.

That said, I can't recall her giving him anything in the novels. I do feel like I remember her MOTHER giving him something at one point though, so perhaps they just changed it so Ravel gives it to him instead?

Thanks, I've only watched the Funimation sub, and since they tend to fuck up, I thought they just decided to not mention it.

GDB
2015-04-11, 17:18
Even when they mess up, you can still generally tell what's happening. There was nothing similar to an explanation for what it was.

Seafoam
2015-04-11, 17:20
All she said was that it was a present that's given to High-Class Devils or something. I went back and read that part of vol 5 and can confirm she never gave anything to him.

jopjopjop
2015-04-11, 17:21
The gift was just that. A gift. Nothing else. It isn't related to her being a free bishop.

Chichiryuushintei
2015-04-11, 17:21
EDIT:

@Jop: Oh, just a symbol then?

Weather
2015-04-11, 17:22
Talking about the episode again. I nearly fell in love with Ravel again.

In the novel she is cute as hell but here? DAMN I serioulsy went HNNNNGGG in her scene.

Chichiryuushintei
2015-04-11, 17:25
Talking about the episode again. I nearly fell in love with Ravel again.

In the novel she is cute as hell but here? DAMN I serioulsy went HNNNNGGG in her scene.

Can't wait for her to drop the tsun and turn into full-blwn deredere :D

GDB
2015-04-11, 17:25
Anyone else notice that her breasts considerably grew in size compared to season 1 (so as to match the novel)? Her dress concealed the change super well, so they did a good job there.

Weather
2015-04-11, 17:28
Anyone else notice that her breasts considerably grew in size compared to season 1 (so as to match the novel)? Her dress concealed the change super well, so they did a good job there.

It IS a big change, considering she is equal to Xenovia in that regard.

Can't wait for her to drop the tsun and turn into full-blwn deredere :D

I just imagined the scene in Vol 17, when she is sleeping with Issei with only her panties and his shirt on.

Aaaaand... nosebleed.

Somethindarker
2015-04-11, 17:48

6/10 for this episode.

I don't think he's done with the training, didn't he take a break to go to the young devil meeting then resumed after? Could be wrong but maybe they'll show more training with Tannin, I kinda won't like it if the relationship between Tannin and Issei isn't expanded on. Woulda loved to see the scene where Issei gets to know him and his reason for being a queen.

Seafoam
2015-04-11, 17:52
I don't think he's done with the training, didn't he take a break to go to the young devil meeting then resumed after? Could be wrong but maybe they'll show more training with Tannin, I kinda won't like it if the relationship between Tannin and Issei isn't expanded on. Woulda loved to see the scene where Issei gets to know him and his reason for being a queen.

They're not done with training. It's going on until episode 5.

ImperialFlameGod8190
2015-04-11, 18:09
They're not done with training. It's going on until episode 5.

BZZT WAY WRONG. The training ended with that episode and thats all there is to it.

Chichiryuushintei
2015-04-11, 18:16
1/10? Talk about exagerating.

The only scenes cut from Ise's training were the talk with Azazel and Ise's Dragon Shot. He'll already use Dragon Shot next episode, so no problem with that.

IIRC Azazel only talked to him about Koneko and Juggernaut Drive. The former was appointed either way, and the latter can be explained anytime regardless.

Seafoam
2015-04-11, 18:41
BZZT WAY WRONG. The training ended with that episode and thats all there is to it.

Really? Because from what I've seen, episode 5 is when the training camp ends. :heh:

Chichiryuushintei
2015-04-11, 19:01
Really? Because from what I've seen, episode 5 is when the training camp ends. :heh:
Probably it means their trip to the Underworld as a whole.

Seafoam
2015-04-11, 19:06
Probably it means their trip to the Underworld as a whole.

I'm not so sure about that, after all Tannin said "that's enough for today". As if that wasn't enough, remember that the whole reason they're training (along with Sona's peerage) is for the rating game which isn't happening until episode 6 at least.

Chichiryuushintei
2015-04-11, 19:10
I'm not so sure about that, after all Tannin said "that's enough for today". As if that wasn't enough, remember that the whole reason they're training (along with Sona's peerage) is for the rating game which isn't happening until episode 6 at least.

They just skipped the 20 days. It's not like the LN was more detailed than that.

ImperialFlameGod8190
2015-04-11, 19:29

what show are you watching we talking Season 3 kid the training already ended sorry

GDB
2015-04-11, 19:34
what show are you watching we talking Season 3 kid the training already ended sorry

He's talking about the synopsis for episode 5 that declares the training over. You really need to knock the condescending bullshit off, though. Especially when your argument is "it is because it is".

Weather
2015-04-11, 20:25
He's talking about the synopsis for episode 5 that declares the training over. You really need to knock the condescending bullshit off, though. Especially when your argument is "it is because it is".

Seconded, we all here know the LN, but the synopsis made that argument nil, they really mixed volumes up in order to foreshadow and keep the good parts.

Have some faith people, making a 3 volume series WAS NECESSARY at least once, specially if they're already considering S4.

Direwolf18
2015-04-11, 20:55
As stated above, Ise went like that in the LNs as well. Besides, he constantly yells out loud for the whole world to hear that he's a pervert who loves breats and wants to be a Harem King. He's not exactly the type to care about how people look at him.

I'm fully aware that he wore his uniform in the LNs. I didn't make the connection that he only wore part of his uniform and had it half off. At a formal dinner. And yet he is worried about picking up the wrong fork at dinner, when he is dressed like a slob. Talk about priorities.

G147
2015-04-11, 20:58

Nope, the training camp ended with Ise unable to attain the Balance Breaker just like episode 2. Ise will get the Balance Breaker next episode just like the LN.

Malicre
2015-04-11, 21:06
Nope, the training camp ended with Ise unable to attain the Balance Breaker just like episode 2. Ise will get the Balance Breaker next episode just like the LN.

^ His training with Tannin is OVER, Next episode he gets Balance Breaker via a different method.

jopjopjop
2015-04-11, 21:08
^ His training with Tannin is OVER, Next episode he gets Balance Breaker via a different method.

Same point.

ImperialFlameGod8190
2015-04-11, 21:33
1. There's no way of knowing what episode 5 is the site has 3 at best. 2 The training with Tannin ends before the party they glosses it over. 3. My argument is very simple as you said. It is what it is nothing more nothing less. But i'll be nice next time... maybe

Chichiryuushintei
2015-04-11, 21:39
I'm fully aware that he wore his uniform in the LNs. I didn't make the connection that he only wore part of his uniform and had it half off. At a formal dinner. And yet he is worried about picking up the wrong fork at dinner, when he is dressed like a slob. Talk about priorities.
Again, he's not really the type to care about other's opinion of how he looks like except for when he was going out with Yuuma and got all nervous because she was his first girlfriend. Some random people are looking weird at him? Who gives half a shit? Not Ise, that's for sure.

And since when Ise has his priorities set straight? In Volume 10 he just watched a girl strip instead of beating her immediately and than Dragon Shotted her becuase she tried to take the panties before the bra. That guy has a few screws loose since forever.

@Imperial: Actually a summary of episodes 3-5 were released in a TV Guide IIRC. So yeah, this is up to debate until the episodes airs, even though I think it's already over, they could extend it a little bit to make Ise a bit stronger, maybe make him look bulkier by then instead of after the 20 days.

ImperialFlameGod8190
2015-04-11, 21:51
Again, he's not really the type to care about other's opinion of how he looks like except for when he was going out with Yuuma and got all nervous because she was his first girlfriend. Some random people are looking weird at him? Who gives half a shit? Not Ise, that's for sure.

And since when Ise has his priorities set straight? In Volume 10 he just watched a girl strip instead of beating her immediately and than Dragon Shotted her becuase she tried to take the panties before the bra. That guy has a few screws loose since forever.

@Imperial: Actually a summary of episodes 3-5 were released in a TV Guide IIRC. So yeah, this is up to debate until the episodes airs, even though I think it's already over, they could extend it a little bit to make Ise a bit stronger, maybe make him look bulkier by then instead of after the 20 days.

hm thats interesting but bizzare when u consider that we're doing 3 volumes in 12 episodes and Volume 5 6 and 7 are all reasonably long.

Well in that case i apologize.

Chichiryuushintei
2015-04-11, 21:55
hm thats interesting but bizzare when u consider that we're doing 3 volumes in 12 episodes and Volume 5 6 and 7 are all reasonably long.

Well in that case i apologize.

I agree it's bizarre, but still, anything could happen. It seems that first fight against Loki where Fenrir appears for the first time is going to be in episode 4, so I don't even try to predict what will happen anymore. :heh:

Malicre
2015-04-11, 22:08
Do you think its possible that there saving the Diadora fight for the season finally? I mean it does seem like the loki fight will take place some where during the middle of the season which means the final episode could be juggernaut drive / asia kiss. yea its out of order but maybe that's what their going for?

Chichiryuushintei
2015-04-11, 22:16
I don't think JD is going to be the finale. The fight in the middle will probably be only for build up/hype for the final fight against Loki. They're just shuffling more than we thought they would. But it's not impossible, like I said, we're in a situation where we can't predict until it airs, which makes this much more exciting and fun to discuss than if they were adapting normally in my opinion.

Besides, in Season 1, even though we had only 1 OP song, in the second half they added Raizer to it IIRC. Since there's nothing that points to Loki in the current OP, I think it's going to be the same as the first season.

Weather
2015-04-11, 23:11
Do you think its possible that there saving the Diadora fight for the season finally? I mean it does seem like the loki fight will take place some where during the middle of the season which means the final episode could be juggernaut drive / asia kiss. yea its out of order but maybe that's what their going for?

Naaaa, it must end with Vol 7, if they want to foreshadow S4.

Also they sheer crazyness of Vol 7 fits more... Vritra Promotion, Breast Fairy, Rossweisse Joining, Vali and Ise teaming up and Ise going Thor and using Mjolnir.

JD seems as a mid season thing.

Seafoam
2015-04-11, 23:21
Naaaa, it must end with Vol 7, if they want to foreshadow S4.

Also they sheer crazyness of Vol 7 fits more... Vritra Promotion, Breast Fairy, Rossweisse Joining, Vali and Ise teaming up and Ise going Thor and using Mjolnir.

JD seems as a mid season thing.

Yeah, if they wanna follow in season 2's steps and make a ridiculous oppai scene for the last episode, V7 is the way to do that. :heh:

ImperialFlameGod8190
2015-04-12, 04:24
I agree it's bizarre, but still, anything could happen. It seems that first fight against Loki where Fenrir appears for the first time is going to be in episode 4, so I don't even try to predict what will happen anymore. :heh:

I think i just threw up in my mouth a bit at that.

Yeah, if they wanna follow in season 2's steps and make a ridiculous oppai scene for the last episode, V7 is the way to do that. :heh:

Maybe so but lets face it if they want an epic way to end the season JD is the way to go thats one of the most anticipated scenes in the show.

Chichiryuushintei
2015-04-12, 07:32
I think i just threw up in my mouth a bit at that.

We all knew they would put parts of Volume 7 in the Volume 5 and 6 arcs, so no big deal there.

ImperialFlameGod8190
2015-04-12, 08:22
We all knew they would put parts of Volume 7 in the Volume 5 and 6 arcs, so no big deal there.

I dont know about that its a severely huge risk to put that fight so soon. Especially when the fans of the LN know a certain continuity and that would absolutely rip that apart.

Chichiryuushintei
2015-04-12, 08:28
I dont know about that its a severely huge risk to put that fight so soon. Especially when the fans of the LN know a certain continuity and that would absolutely rip that apart.

There's no problem whatsoever in putting that fight sooner. All they'd have to do is make a few changes here and there, which they already proven are willing to do.
Besides, it's not the final fight, the only thing that would need V6 made before that is Ise's wings, which can be avoided buy making it similar to Kokabiel's fight: The villain floating up there and the ORC in the ground.

And the AUTHOR of said LN is completely satisfied with how they did it.

ImperialFlameGod8190
2015-04-12, 08:31
There's no problem whatsoever in putting that fight sooner. All they'd have to do is make a few changes here and there, which they already proven are willing to do.
Besides, it's not the final fight, the only thing that would need V6 made before that is Ise's wings, which can be avoided buy making it similar to Kokabiel's fight: The villain floating up there and the ORC in the ground.

And the AUTHOR of said LN is completely satisfied with how they did it.

Chichi you should know very well that being satisifed with it isnt exactly a good thing. They're trying to please the fans but hey lets see what happens. The problem i have is that they got to a season 3 using a specific formula that worked and switching that formula is a dangerous move especially when you're getting to even better material soon.

Chichiryuushintei
2015-04-12, 08:35
Chichi you should know very well that being satisifed with it isnt exactly a good thing. They're trying to please the fans but hey lets see what happens. The problem i have is that they got to a season 3 using a specific formula that worked and switching that formula is a dangerous move especially when you're getting to even better material soon.

How the author being satisfied with how the studio changed the material he wrote isn't a good thing? Do you know how rare it is for the author to aprove of changes in the anime to the point of saying some parts will be better?

I'm a LN fan. I still think this is great so far.

DragoMuseveni
2015-04-12, 09:47
I don`t think tehy will bring the battle with loki right now . That thing with loki will probably be just a little show off . I think the big events will be kept in order .

ImperialFlameGod8190
2015-04-12, 11:54
How the author being satisfied with how the studio changed the material he wrote isn't a good thing? Do you know how rare it is for the author to aprove of changes in the anime to the point of saying some parts will be better?

I'm a LN fan. I still think this is great so far.

Its two episodes in yea so far its fine but its the big points that you need.

Chichiryuushintei
2015-04-12, 12:28
The really important points are most likely going to be there. And they can put other smaller scenes and conversations in Season 4. The scene with Kiryuu in Episode 1 happened in Volume 3, so all you need is patience and they will put them there.

The lessons with Venelana can (and in my opinion should) be put in one or two specials that will come with the BDs.

(I think you misunderstood, when I said the first fight with Loki will be in episode 4, I meant they will go back to Volume 5 and 6 afterwards, and then have the final fight with Loki as the Finale. So no need to worry, for now at least)

ImperialFlameGod8190
2015-04-12, 12:57
The really important points are most likely going to be there. And they can put other smaller scenes and conversations in Season 4. The scene with Kiryuu in Episode 1 happened in Volume 3, so all you need is patience and they will put them there.

The lessons with Venelana can (and in my opinion should) be put in one or two specials that will come with the BDs.

(I think you misunderstood, when I said the first fight with Loki will be in episode 4, I meant they will go back to Volume 5 and 6 afterwards, and then have the final fight with Loki as the Finale. So no need to worry, for now at least)

If it aint broke dont fix it thats all i know.

GDB
2015-04-12, 13:11
If the fix doesn't break it don't assume it's broke either.

Hokoga
2015-04-12, 15:09
Although I knew this already but Issei is really passionate about boobs. http://s23.postimg.org/4vctm4tez/vlcsnap_2015_04_11_03h44m20s127.pnghttp://s16.postimg.org/su7ywqgit/vlcsnap_2015_04_12_16h06m47s39.pnghttp://s24.postimg.org/htprzc2et/vlcsnap_2015_04_12_16h05m47s199.png

Just watched episode 2 I have to say I'm a little disappointed about Issei's training.

After his training in the LN he was described as having put some muscle on his body but in the anime nothing no change at all, it's not like I was expecting them to turn him into some big muscle head but they could have shown some results appearance wise.

The best part of this episode for me was Ravel :D

jopjopjop
2015-04-12, 15:27
Have you seen him without his shirt? No.

Chichiryuushintei
2015-04-12, 15:37
Maybe it's just me fooling my self or being overly optimistic, but I honestly think his collarbone and chest are more prominent than before.

GDB
2015-04-12, 15:50
His shoulders seemed more broad, at least.

Chichiryuushintei
2015-04-12, 15:58
Well it's not like he became a Joestar or anything in the LN :heh:
IIRC the change was only noticed because his clothes were ripped apart.

Tbolt
2015-04-12, 17:24
Well it's not like he became a Joestar or anything in the LN :heh:
IIRC the change was only noticed because his clothes were ripped apart.

No not really even the other girls at school noticed something different about Ise's body and his "wild" look.

Chichiryuushintei
2015-04-12, 17:47
No not really even the other girls at school noticed something different about Ise's body and his "wild" look.

Oh, yeah, there was that. My bad, I forgot.

Tbolt
2015-04-13, 00:00
Its funny how certain scenes stand out in your mind.

Always86
2015-04-13, 05:42
I'm fine with how it's going so far. I feel like episode twos pacing was some of the best DXD has done. Not often I watch an anime and the end jumps up on me.

You can tell that they are squeezing stuff in a bit. There are several points when a scene would have gone on longer With a two LN season, but not necessarily for any real benifit. As I suspected it seems to be ecchi taking a back seat. It will be interesting to see come episode 12 how much we feel has been cut out. At the moment it seems they are hitting everything, just dwelling on it for less time.

Malicre
2015-04-13, 06:52
they included the issei looking at rias mom "in a sexual way" scene. Rias was like "nope not gonna happen......."

Lol i love it.

Biohazardous
2015-04-13, 08:11
No telling how they will order the season or end it. If this was the two book format of the past JD would have ended it. Not sure how they will now. They have to end if with you wanting more especially if they do plan to continue.

Malicre
2015-04-13, 08:24
No telling how they will order the season or end it. If this was the two book format of the past JD would have ended it. Not sure how they will now. They have to end if with you wanting more especially if they do plan to continue.

Ill actually be shocked if they don't end it with the JD. Look at how they ended the past 2 seasons, Amazing balance breaker fights and the only thing that can top that is the JD and imo the diodora fight is WAYYYYYYY better then the loki fight. Ending the season with JD, Asia kiss and Great Red would boost sales alot i would imagine.

Archilla
2015-04-13, 08:30
Ill actually be shocked if they don't end it with the JD. Look at how they ended the past 2 seasons, Amazing balance breaker fights and the only thing that can top that is the JD and imo the diodora fight is WAYYYYYYY better then the loki fight. Ending the season with JD, Asia kiss and Great Red would boost sales alot i would imagine.

Agreed. The Loki fight was always a little lackluster for me. Plus, ending with the kiss gives this season great parallelism with season one.

Starway
2015-04-13, 08:36
Agreed. The Loki fight was always a little lackluster for me. Plus, ending with the kiss gives this season great parallelism with season one.

Didn't ise use his dragon wings in the Loki fight though which he only got after he went JD so if they save the JD for last how they going to get him to fly for Loki fight.

Malicre
2015-04-13, 08:39
Didn't ise use his dragon wings in the Loki fight though which he only got after he went JD so if they save the JD for last how they going to get him to fly for Loki fight.

There already changed things in the anime like sairaorg showing up when issei is training with tannin and barakiel helping akeno train, so why can't they change the loki fight a little?

Archilla
2015-04-13, 08:41

I believe so, but shuffling that would not bother me. Loki is almost a comedy fight. Fenrir is cool and all, but ending with JD would definitely be a crazy cool note to finish with.

Biohazardous
2015-04-13, 08:50
They will have to modify the Loki fight or end the season with less hype. Both in my opinion are a gamble. It has to be done properly or it will hurt sales thus hurt further seasons. If we can make it past this season they shouldn't have much of a reason to not animate the rest of the series.

Archilla
2015-04-13, 08:55
They will have to modify the Loki fight or end the season with less hype. Both in my opinion are a gamble. It has to be done properly or it will hurt sales thus hurt further seasons. If we can make it past this season they shouldn't have much of a reason to not animate the rest of the series.

And the subsequent seasons, especially the next two, sell themselves.

jopjopjop
2015-04-13, 09:17
Identities of Maou Rangers exposed!!!

http://i.4cdn.org/a/1428933766744.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/fY1P8Dd.png

Biohazardous
2015-04-13, 09:20
Grayfia looks submissive like in that pick yet she isn't someone you want to piss off.

GDB
2015-04-13, 09:21

Same way he flew against Riser and Vali in seasons 1 and 2, respectively?

bluestahli1
2015-04-13, 09:30
Identities of Maou Rangers exposed!!!

http://i.4cdn.org/a/1428933766744.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/fY1P8Dd.png

Can someone distinguish the bald and green haired maou?

Chichiryuushintei
2015-04-13, 09:47
Same way he flew against Riser and Vali in seasons 1 and 2, respectively?

I think he couldn't fly as much as just thrust forward.

DragoMuseveni
2015-04-13, 09:49
The bald one is Falbium Asmodeus i thing and the green haired one is Ajuka Beelzebub

Chichiryuushintei
2015-04-13, 09:57
The bald one is Falbium Asmodeus i thing and the green haired one is Ajuka Beelzebub

Makes sense, since Diodora has dark green hair.
But I never thought Falbium was bald, and the fact Serafall calls him Falbi makes it even weirder. :heh:

Weather
2015-04-13, 10:04
But I never thought Falbium was bald, and the fact Serafall calls him Falbi makes it even weirder. :heh:

Baldi... Falbi?

Chichiryuushintei
2015-04-13, 10:07
Baldi... Falbi?

Oh... God... He has to be bullied by his wife... or Queen... or anyone, just make this happen!

bluestahli1
2015-04-13, 10:07
Is it me or does Ajuka look younger? I always imagined him being being somewhat older but with shorter hair.

and yeah, that part about Falbium was kinda weird for me too.

GDB
2015-04-13, 12:36
I think he couldn't fly as much as just thrust forward.

Well, he could float in place, and go in directions, so... how is that different from flying?

Is it me or does Ajuka look younger? I always imagined him being being somewhat older but with shorter hair.

He looks a little thinner than I imagined, but overall he's what I expected. He's supposed to be about the same age as Sirzechs if I recall. I basically imagine older Waver in Maou robes and maybe 4-5 inches shorter than Sirzechs. Looks like I even got the hair color close to right.

Armando99
2015-04-13, 15:50

and yeah, that part about Falbium was kinda weird for me too.

He is basically the same age as Zirsechs considering they grew up together and had always been competing with each other.

I also thought that he would be heavier/stouter. Don't know why but that's what I imagined him to be.

jopjopjop
2015-04-13, 16:27
Baldium too lazy too take care of his hair, he just shaved it off. :heh:

Wandering Soul
2015-04-13, 16:37

He is thinner than I thought he would look but he is the same age as Sirzechs.

II Maestro
2015-04-18, 10:41
Judging by the DxD born episode 3 it looks like there's no Sona vs Rias rating game instead well go straight to the fight with Loki.

If there will be no rating game I wonder how Ise will turn in juggernaut drive since it will occur with Diodora taking Asia and Ise thought Asia died, It looks like Ise will turn into juggernaut drive because of Rias just like in the opening.

Chichiryuushintei
2015-04-18, 10:46
Judging by the DxD born episode 3 it looks like there's no Sona vs Rias rating game instead well go straight to the fight with Loki.

If there will be no rating game I wonder how Ise will turn in juggernaut drive since it will occur with Diodora taking Asia and Ise thought Asia died, It looks like Ise will turn into juggernaut drive because of Rias just like in the opening.

There's a scene in the OP with Diodora looking at a tied up Asia, so that's still going to be there I think. It's probably just a case of leaving it for later.

Malicre
2015-04-18, 10:52
Im still hoping for JD/Diodora fight as the season finale.

DragoMuseveni
2015-04-18, 10:53

The rating game with sitri will happen . because there is bilingual and also ise using divide . Also from this episode i can see that at major plots such as BB , JD and Loki final fight they will keep the ln order

Chichiryuushintei
2015-04-18, 11:29
Im still hoping for JD/Diodora fight as the season finale.

Considering they are showing things from the end of Volume 6 but nothing regarding Loki or Fenrir in the OP, I doubt that. In Season 1 they added Raizer to the OP only after the first half, so it's probably going to be the same this season. Loki is just being hyped up as the final villain of this season from early on, unlike in previous seasons where the Villains only appeared in their respective arc.

GDB
2015-04-18, 11:31

How does a lack of rating game (not that I believe there won't be one, they're just moving events around) mean that Diodora can't kidnap Asia?

Gary29
2015-04-18, 13:26
It's most likely going to be Loki introduction/preparation -> Rating Game -> Diodora/JD and v6 -> Loki's first attack -> volume 7.

Complete Balance Breaker looked fucking amazing. Keep that design TNK, you finally got it right. :D

DragoMuseveni
2015-04-18, 13:51
There is an inconvenience . remember the time when vali appeared in volume 7 saying that he will help with the fight against loki . now how he can join the fight if he sent those two

Malicre
2015-04-18, 14:07
I don't understand how they can make tannin look so amazing and then turn around and make fenrir look like that......

Chichiryuushintei
2015-04-18, 14:17
There is an inconvenience . remember the time when vali appeared in volume 7 saying that he will help with the fight against loki . now how he can join the fight if he sent those two

The only reason he attacked Loki was to get Fenrir, so it still makes sense.

@Malicre: What's the problem? He's a giagantic wolf, just like the LN. the only thing I didn't expect was the spike-thingies on his shoulders, and they're still pretty cool. He's a "Stronger Than Most Gods Magical Beast", so no big deal really.

DragoMuseveni
2015-04-18, 14:49
i wasn`t reffering at that . I was reffering at that scene at hyodo residence where vali said that he will join the fight against loki .
I am asking how is going to persuade the 3 faction in order to make a joint battle

Gary29
2015-04-18, 14:55
i wasn`t reffering at that . I was reffering at that scene at hyodo residence where vali said that he will join the fight against loki .
I am asking how is going to persuade the 3 faction in order to make a joint battle

I don't get what you're asking here. Do you really think the 3 factions/Odin will say no to the strongest Hakuryuukou helping them defeat Loki, especially when the higher-ups themselves can't get involved and have to rely on the Young Devils? Even if his teammates tried to kidnap Koneko, it's not like they were acting under Vali's orders nor did they try to kill anyone important (read: sister of a Maou). The only difference is that in the LN this is all done quietly while in the anime all of the higher-ups are aware of it.

Chichiryuushintei
2015-04-18, 14:58
I can't fucking believe it. Funimation's version is spoiling events from Volume 9! Rias's breasts aren't suposed to glow yet you dummies! :p

Malicre
2015-04-18, 15:05
I can't fucking believe it. Funimation's version is spoiling events from Volume 9! Rias's breasts aren't suposed to glow yet you dummies! :p

Were they glowing? i thought it was just the censorship lol.

Chichiryuushintei
2015-04-18, 15:08
Were they glowing? i thought it was just the censorship lol.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xECUrlnXCqk

InfinityDragonGod
2015-04-18, 15:12
Lol Best excuse for censorship :rolleyes:

DragoMuseveni
2015-04-18, 15:34
I don't get what you're asking here. Do you really think the 3 factions/Odin will say no to the strongest Hakuryuukou helping them defeat Loki, especially when the higher-ups themselves can't get involved and have to rely on the Young Devils? Even if his teammates tried to kidnap Koneko, it's not like they were acting under Vali's orders nor did they try to kill anyone important (read: sister of a Maou). The only difference is that in the LN this is all done quietly while in the anime all of the higher-ups are aware of it.

Watched with subs kuroka said that she must stall for time for loki to make his way . Also Rias reported to Sirzechs that Kuroka and bikou were helping loki . What i am asking is how is Vali going to persuade the 3 great powers , if is already known for helping loki

Chichiryuushintei
2015-04-18, 15:39
We'll have to wait and see, I don't know how this thing with Vali and Loki will work out, but Ishibumi was satisfied, so it won't be a half-ass excuse, that's for sure.

Seafoam
2015-04-18, 16:24
It's probably so Vali can make preparations to capture Fenrir, that's all.

~Sovereign~
2015-04-18, 16:52
I'm probably going to get hate for saying this but don't misunderstand me i love DxD, im just being completely honest about season 3 (IMO).

Idk if it's just me or not but honestly this episode 3 seemed to have very bad animation. I know alot of people was waiting on ise to achieve balance breaker and all but I wasn't hyped at all because the bad animation killed the vibe for that moment (IMO).

Omfg Tannin's appearance/animation was absolutely horrible and the fight between him and bikou was definitely low budget. That all i'm going to say about that scene.

It honestly seems like season 3 as a whole doesn't have alot of budget, in fact it seems pretty low budget. The reason why it seems to have low budget is beyond me because highschool dxd has always sold very well, so i don't understand why this series doesn't use or get the proper budget for some high quality material. This is scaring me because if this keeps up then it will only get worse from here. Season 3 is already trying to force an extra volume into the season, when 2 volumes per season was working pretty good, and now if you throw in this low budget bad animation, it can really turn into a disaster and ruin sells. Which can lead to us not getting a season 4 later.

Well, all I can do is hope that the studio is hopefully saving budget for something major later or something else....idk but this isn't looking like a good season SO FAR and i hate to say that because volume 9 & 10 (season 4 probably) is the start of when this series really picks up and gets good story wise. I'll hate see season 3 to ruin the series and we dont get that season 4 because they rushed 3 volumes into 1 season with bad animation.

Volume 7 should have just been the first dxd canon movie or something, while volume 5 & 6 alone should've been season 3.

Chichiryuushintei
2015-04-18, 17:03
I'm probably going to get hate for saying this but don't misunderstand me i love DxD, im just being completely honest about season 3 (IMO).

Idk if it's just me or not but honestly this episode 3 seemed to have very bad animation. I know alot of people was waiting on ise to achieve balance breaker and all but I wasn't hyped at all because the bad animation killed the vibe for that moment (IMO).

Omfg Tannin's appearance/animation was absolutely horrible and the fight between him and bikou was definitely low budget. That all i'm going to say about that scene.

It honestly seems like season 3 as a whole doesn't have alot of budget, in fact it seems pretty low budget. The reason why it seems to have low budget is beyond me because highschool dxd has always sold very well, so i don't understand why this series doesn't use or get the proper budget for some high quality material. This is scaring me because if this keeps up then it will only get worse from here. Season 3 is already trying to force an extra volume into the season, when 2 volumes per season was working pretty good, and now if you throw in this low budget bad animation, it can really turn into a disaster and ruin sells. Which can lead to us not getting a season 4 later.

Well, all I can do is hope that the studio is hopefully saving budget for something major later or something else....idk but this isn't looking like a good season SO FAR and i hate to say that because volume 9 & 10 (season 4 probably) is the start of when this series really picks up and gets good story wise. I'll hate see season 3 to ruin the series and we dont get that season 4 because they rushed 3 volumes into 1 season with bad animation.

Volume 7 should have just been the first dxd canon movie or something, while volume 5 & 6 alone should've been season 3.
I'll just repeat what I said an another thread:

DxD was always a low budget show. TNK is a small studio, so they can't give us top-notch animation. It'll be average at best. These fights are still better done than previous Seasons's, except for the Finales, where they (normally) put more budget into.

Gary29
2015-04-18, 17:06
I'd just like to point out that

1.) They are saving the majority of the budget for the major fights, I.E. Ise's complete Balance Breaker, the Rating Game, the Juggernaut Drive/v6 fight as a whole, and both of the Loki fights.

2.) BD pre-orders are already significantly above expectations. (http://www.reddit.com/r/HighschoolDxD/comments/32jett/here_are_the_latest_sales_of_the_born_bluray/) Amazon's pre-orders are already over 1,000 for each volume, and there are 10+ other sites selling the BDs, and the BD pre-orders are ranked high there as well. Season 4 is pretty much confirmed already (and I'll call it right now that it'll be 2-cour).

IMO, TNK's animation is already above-average. Just not perfect because of the budget. But who cares about perfection as long as the important parts are high-quality and the rest is average or above?

Chichiryuushintei
2015-04-18, 17:15
As long as it isn't Toei-Level of quality, I can endure it.

~Sovereign~
2015-04-18, 17:47
I'll just repeat what I said an another thread:

DxD was always a low budget show. TNK is a small studio, so they can't give us top-notch animation. It'll be average at best. These fights are still better done than previous Seasons's, except for the Finales, where they (normally) put more budget into.

Season 1 & 2 had better animation than this current season. Season 3 has solid art and design but there is a difference between art and animation.

Season 1 & 2 >>>>>>>> Season 3 animation (so far)
Season 3 >>> Season 1 & 2 art

The only explaination is that they are saving budget for later but this can still turn out bad like i said.

1.) They are saving the majority of the budget for the major fights, I.E. Ise's complete Balance Breaker, the Rating Game, the Juggernaut Drive/v6 fight as a whole, and both of the Loki fights.

2.) BD pre-orders are already significantly above expectations. (http://www.reddit.com/r/HighschoolDxD/comments/32jett/here_are_the_latest_sales_of_the_born_bluray/) Amazon's pre-orders are already over 1,000 for each volume, and there are 10+ other sites selling the BDs, and the BD pre-orders are ranked high there as well. Season 4 is pretty much confirmed already (and I'll call it right now that it'll be 2-cour).

IMO, TNK's animation is already above-average. Just not perfect because of the budget. But who cares about perfection as long as the important parts are high-quality and the rest is average or above?

I said that, hopefully they are just saving budget for later or something.

But this can still be bad for season 3 because we are already 3 episodes in and none of them has good animation really. It's gonna still suck if we get bad animation for most of the season and then on the last few episodes the animation pick up just for the season finale or something like this. This will make me think that the studio doesnt really care about the series, they just wants to make the money as long as people buy it (which they do). We are 3 episodes in so far and alot as been skipped over or changed around already and like i said this can turn out bad since we already have to deal with an extra volume being thrown into the mix as well.

I bet most of the people that buy dxd are light novel readers as well. It's just how we support the series since the light novels are so good after volume 8 when the story picks up. Just because people buy it don't mean the season is gonna instantly be considered good. It's just support like i said.

As long as it isn't Toei-Level of quality, I can endure it.

Quality>>>>quantity bro. You're basically saying you dont care what the studio does with this series as long as it's another highschool dxd epsiode.

Consecutive episodes with bad animation is very bad. You read the read light novel so you already know what happens and what to expect. Anime only watchers that don't know anything can actually rate highschool dxd as an bad anime because of this. Quality matters almost more than anything else when it comes to keeping people attention.

Chichiryuushintei
2015-04-18, 18:10
Quality>>>>quantity bro. You're basically saying you dont care what the studio does with this series as long as it's another highschool dxd epsiode.

Consecutive episodes with bad animation is very bad. You read the read light novel so you already know what happens and what to expect. Anime only watchers that don't know anything can actually rate highschool dxd as an bad anime because of this. Quality matters almost more than anything else when it comes to keeping people attention.
Animation-wise you're correct, but script-wise I do care about what they do, up to now it's been beyond great, I'm enjoying this season far more than the others.

I don't care about animation as long as it's not as bad as Toei. That's all I said.
I couldn't care less if people rate DxD low for whatever reason, as long as I enjoy it, and it sells well in Japan it's fine by me.

Gary29
2015-04-18, 19:59
I honestly don't find BorN's animation to be bad. If anything, it's better than that of NEW's Kokabiel fight, especially Kuroka vs Ise. Bikou vs Tannin... well, the animation wasn't high-level, but I didn't see anything wrong with it. Movement was fluid for the most part.

But this can still be bad for season 3 because we are already 3 episodes in and none of them has good animation really. It's gonna still suck if we get bad animation for most of the season and then on the last few episodes the animation pick up just for the season finale or something like this. This will make me think that the studio doesnt really care about the series, they just wants to make the money as long as people buy it (which they do). We are 3 episodes in so far and alot as been skipped over or changed around already and like i said this can turn out bad since we already have to deal with an extra volume being thrown into the mix as well.

You're actually way off in thinking that TNK doesn't care about DxD. It's by far their most successful series, everything they're doing this season is to ensure the success of future seasons. 3 volumes? So future seasons end at proper volumes (the movie idea is meh tbh). They only had the budget for 12 episodes, but they worked out a modified storyline with Ishibumi and are confident that the fans will still love it, thus they already announced a new OVA for December. And most of the fans so far absolutely love it. That's a win.

I'd also like to point out that Ishibumi stated on his blog that any scenes missed at certain times or in this season can and will be re-added later/in future seasons, as proven with the Kiryuu conversation in E1 which was from volume 3 (season 2).

I'd say the first half will be a bit above-average animation and the second half will be way better than NEW.

I bet most of the people that buy dxd are light novel readers as well. It's just how we support the series since the light novels are so good after volume 8 when the story picks up. Just because people buy it don't mean the season is gonna instantly be considered good. It's just support like i said.

Anime only watchers that don't know anything can actually rate highschool dxd as an bad anime because of this. Quality matters almost more than anything else when it comes to keeping people attention.

Where is quality lacking? Where are anime-only fans complaining that it's not good? In actuality the majority of the fanbase, anime-only or LN-readers, are immensely satisfied with this season so far, even if things are not exactly like the LN. That's because it's done well.

Seafoam
2015-04-18, 20:36
Off topic, but after a year or so of imaging Loki as his Marvel counterpart, and then seeing him today... the first thing that popped up in my mind was "Evil Duelist Loki has challenged you to a duel!" :twitch: Although its growing on me lol.

Chichiryuushintei
2015-04-18, 20:52
Off topic, but after a year or so of imaging Loki as his Marvel counterpart, and then seeing him today... the first thing that popped up in my mind was "Evil Duelist Loki has challenged you to a duel!" :twitch: Although its growing on me lol.

When he showed up I thought WTF?! But, hey, he's a Trickster Evil God. A bizarre look fits him really well.

Seafoam
2015-04-18, 20:53
When he showed up I thought WTF?! But, hey, he's a Trickster Evil God. A bizarre look fits him really well.

Yeah, especially considering he's not from the human world. I guess that's actually a nice attention to detail by TNK.

~Sovereign~
2015-04-18, 22:26
I honestly don't find BorN's animation to be bad. If anything, it's better than that of NEW's Kokabiel fight, especially Kuroka vs Ise. Bikou vs Tannin... well, the animation wasn't high-level, but I didn't see anything wrong with it. Movement was fluid for the most part.

You're actually way off in thinking that TNK doesn't care about DxD. It's by far their most successful series, everything they're doing this season is to ensure the success of future seasons. 3 volumes? So future seasons end at proper volumes (the movie idea is meh tbh). They only had the budget for 12 episodes, but they worked out a modified storyline with Ishibumi and are confident that the fans will still love it, thus they already announced a new OVA for December. And most of the fans so far absolutely love it. That's a win.

I'd also like to point out that Ishibumi stated on his blog that any scenes missed at certain times or in this season can and will be re-added later/in future seasons, as proven with the Kiryuu conversation in E1 which was from volume 3 (season 2).

I'd say the first half will be a bit above-average animation and the second half will be way better than NEW.

Where is quality lacking? Where are anime-only fans complaining that it's not good? In actuality the majority of the fanbase, anime-only or LN-readers, are immensely satisfied with this season so far, even if things are not exactly like the LN. That's because it's done well.

Don't confuse my opinion with facts. I didn't say that season 3 is bad or that i didn't like it or anything like that. I just stated my opinion (not others opinions), that the animation is lacking. I didn't say that anime only watchers disliked it, i say they CAN, not that they do.

I simply hope that the animation is good enough that we can make it to season 4 where the story picks up and we can go back to 2 volumes per season since that seemed to be the best pacing for dxd volumes.

Anime only watchers can't compare season 3 to the light novel. They can't complain about the studio (TNK) rearranging or skipping over something that they don't even know about.

Chichiryuushintei
2015-04-18, 22:35
I simply hope that the animation is good enough that we can make it to season 4 where the story picks up and we can go back to 2 volumes per season since that seemed to be the best pacing for dxd volumes.

Animation has nothing to do with how many Seasons an anime gets. It all depends on sales, and the Japanese don't seem to have that as a high priority.

Zero no Tsukaima got 4 Seasons, and by the little I watched of it (2-4 episodes) the animation was average at best.

INFERNO FUCKIN' COP is getting a Season 2 soon for fuck's sake, have you ever watched it? It's nothing but still frames for 13 episodes (3 minutes each).

About the pacing, as Gary29 said, doing 3 Volumes now helps them close the 3rd arc in S5 or a possible 2nd cour of S4. This way, they don't have to worry about stopping in the middle of the 4th arc in case the sales from that Season aren't good enough to continue.

Malicre
2015-04-19, 00:05

Wait wait wait, do you seriously think their going to make season 4 2 cour? holy shit that would be epic.

~Sovereign~
2015-04-19, 00:18
Animation has nothing to do with how many Seasons an anime gets. It all depends on sales, and the Japanese don't seem to have that as a high priority.

Zero no Tsukaima got 4 Seasons, and by the little I watched of it (2-4 episodes) the animation was average at best.

INFERNO FUCKIN' COP is getting a Season 2 soon for fuck's sake, have you ever watched it? It's nothing but still frames for 13 episodes (3 minutes each).

About the pacing, as Gary29 said, doing 3 Volumes now helps them close the 3rd arc in S5 or a possible 2nd cour of S4. This way, they don't have to worry about stopping in the middle of the 4th arc in case the sales from that Season aren't good enough to continue.

OK now I know you haven't been properly reading my previous post or something.

If you go back and actually read, I didn't say nothing at all about animation determining not getting season 4.

If anything i said animation CAN LEAD to people saying it is bad if it gets consecutive episodes of bad animation (which can lead to bad sales). Then I said quality>>quantity and sales being high because of support from light novel readers as well.

Read properly before trying to insult me.

Wait wait wait, do you seriously think their going to make season 4 2 cour? holy shit that would be epic.

It's possible since volume 9-12 can fit perfectly with 24 episodes and it will finish the arc. Them 4 volumes in one season could be legendary.

Tbolt
2015-04-19, 00:43
The biggest difference between anime only watchers and LN/anime watchers are really small in some things and really big in others. Seems anime only watchers the first thing they comment on is the "animation sucks, it's not as good as XX", LN readers who like good anime (like me), but like me want a little visual to go with what they have been reading. Weather it gets more seasons who knows, I'm just happy to get what we have now and that is a lot more that most good LN's get. So for me I just enjoy what we can get and overlook everything else.

cyberdemon
2015-04-19, 02:47
i feel like Beelzebub would look better with blue hair. I always pictured Asmodeus having green hair instead of bald lol

bluestahli1
2015-04-19, 08:09
Uhm, who was that devil that's wearing purple attire with white hair and a beret-like hat, that devil was beside Michael at the last scene.

Chichiryuushintei
2015-04-19, 08:24
OK, I'll try to make it more simple for you ~Sovereign~.

Parasyte was made by MadHouse in last year's Fall and the animation in it is a hundred times better than all the animation of the 3 seasons of DxD combined. It sold less than 2k per Volume.

Do you know the sales numbers of DxD past Seasons? S1 sold 10k and NEW 9k per Volume.

Malicre
2015-04-19, 08:29

Parasyte was made by MadHouse in last year's Fall and the animation in it is a hundred times better than all the animation of the 3 seasons of DxD combined. It sold less than 2k per Volume.

Do you know the sales numbers of DxD past Seasons? S1 sold 10k and NEW 9k per Volume.

And yet Parasyte is still better in all aspects.

Quality > Quantity

Chichiryuushintei
2015-04-19, 08:35

Quality > Quantity

I know it's better. I'm not crazy enough to say DxD is objectively better than Parasyte. lol

I'm saying that sales have nothing to do with how good an anime looks. That seems to be a mindset that is common in the western anime fandom, but the japanese don't seem to put it in a high regard. And since the only sales that matter are in Japan, I couldn't care less if people in this side of the world whine about it not looking good to them.

Seafoam
2015-04-19, 08:39
Uhm, who was that devil that's wearing purple attire with white hair and a beret-like hat, that devil was beside Michael at the last scene.

Everyone's thinking that's Shemhazai

Armando99
2015-04-19, 09:16
Everyone's thinking that's Shemhazai

I believe Shemhazai is a fallen angel. He took over Azazel sensei's place as the Governor.

Seafoam
2015-04-19, 09:19
I believe Shemhazai is a fallen angel. He took over Azazel sensei's place as the Governor.

Yes he is, but there's nothing that says that man isn't a Fallen Angel. For that matter he's sitting next to Michael, instead of the Devils.

bluestahli1
2015-04-19, 09:24
If that was Shemhazai, it was somehow strange that Azazel didn't interact with him nor was he introduced, but is it a he/she?

Armando99
2015-04-19, 09:24
Yes he is, but there's nothing that says that man isn't a Fallen Angel. For that matter he's sitting next to Michael, instead of the Devils.

I just mentioned that because the original question said "devil" twice in describing that person.

Royalknightftw
2015-04-19, 09:31
If that was Shemhazai, it was somehow strange that Azazel didn't interact with him nor was he introduced, but is it a he/she?

Shemhazai is a he, he has a wife and a daughter. Well, unless Shemhazai is actually a hardcore lesbian.

bluestahli1
2015-04-19, 09:41
I honestly can't tell from the anime if in fact that really is him.

felbermudez
2015-04-19, 10:03
isn't that one the arch-duke?

~Sovereign~
2015-04-19, 11:45

Wow.....just wow lol

First of all, parasyte the maxim is a remastered anime version of the original (manga) that was published in 1980's lol.

Second of all, OF COURSE parasyte has better animation because madhouse is the studio, so they have tons of BUDGET. If dxd was under madhouse we would have wonderful animation most of the time and we probably would be getting 24 episodes every season (since we have so much content left) lol.

You're basically trying to compare TNK to madhouse studio to prove an unfair point LMAO. You don't know what you're talking about, all you did was try to compare parasyte to dxd which is stupid. dxd and parasyte have different genre, studios, and BUDGET.

Lastly, Of course dxd is selling better than parasyte, that's because dxd is more POPULAR than parasyte, so there's alot of us supporting dxd. Parasyte is from a better studio but like i said parasyte was originally published in 1980's so we knew nothing about it.

Quality > Quantity

Thank you lol

I know it's better. I'm not crazy enough to say DxD is objectively better than Parasyte. lol

I'm saying that sales have nothing to do with how good an anime looks. That seems to be a mindset that is common in the western anime fandom, but the japanese don't seem to put it in a high regard. And since the only sales that matter are in Japan, I couldn't care less if people in this side of the world whine about it not looking good to them.

Obviously

Like i been said, dxd will always sell good because it is popular and we are supporting it by buying the bluray and merchandise.

But once again, just because we are supporting dxd by buying bluray/merchandise doesn't mean that thee season will be 10/10. Just enjoy it and hopefully we get that season 4, that's all.

Chichiryuushintei
2015-04-19, 12:17
If DxD keeps selling, there will be more seasons. That's a fact Ishibumi himself said in his blog.

If the Season is a 10 out of 10 or not, it's completely subjective, you can't use animation as an objective argument since there are people (like me) who don't care about that.

Always86
2015-04-19, 12:51
^ I happen to agree that the animation feels a bit lower quality this year. Which is surprising given its move to a more peak time slot. That said its not awful and I expect some will be cleaned up come Blu Ray.

As for the episode I thought it was another good entry. Nice bit of service. The scene with Rias was a good adaptation but not as great as when I first read it and saw the artwork, I guess everything is better in your head. I think that scene is a good example of something that will look a bit nicer on Blu.

With 3 episodes down, again I'm fine with the pacing. This episode worked well. Still yet to see if anything of substance gets cut out.

Malicre
2015-04-19, 17:46
Hehe looks like both issei and saji are interested in ross, to bad we know already know which one gets her.

Chichiryuushintei
2015-04-19, 18:04
Hehe looks like both issei and saji are interested in ross, to bad we know already know which one gets her.

Saji was also interested in Asia, remember? But it's probably just a "Wow, she's hot" kind of interest. Nothing much, considering he's also kind of a pervert. Even Ise only thought of her as hot (and kind of sad) until Volume 17.

But then, they'll probably also add that talk he had with Ise before the party. Which is good.

Archilla
2015-04-19, 18:09
Saji was also interested in Asia, remember? But it's probably just a "Wow, she's hot" kind of interest. Nothing much, considering he's also kind of a pervert. Even Ise only thought of her as hot (and kind of sad) until Volume 17.

But then, they'll probably also add that talk he had with Ise before the party. Which is good.

Saji reacts like that to most of Issei's girls. Remember how they played him reacting to meeting Gasper for the first time?

Chichiryuushintei
2015-04-19, 18:23
Saji reacts like that to most of Issei's girls. Remember how they played him reacting to meeting Gasper for the first time?

Yeah, he's a toned down version of Motohama and Matsuda :heh:

OmegaWeaponZ
2015-04-19, 19:57
I think the term you should be using is "Poor man's version" of Issei.

Chichiryuushintei
2015-04-19, 20:16

It depends on who you are comparing him to actually. Matsuda and Motohama would kill to be in his place. This is some relativity stuff that's quite insightful when you have free time to think about. Or I'm just really bored :heh:

GDB
2015-04-19, 22:46

I think the term you're looking for is "normal high school boy".

Chichiryuushintei
2015-04-19, 23:01
I think the term you're looking for is "normal high school boy".

Normal high school boys have two chicks fighting over them? That makes me want to cry... :upset:

Always86
2015-04-20, 03:59
To use some Naruto vernacular Saji is a 'closet pervert'.

Biohazardous
2015-04-20, 08:58

They were going to have to squeeze in 3 novels somewhere. If you read the novels you know why. A Dxd movie would be nice. One of the perfect times could cover volumes 11 and 12. Actually any part from now on could probably make a good movie. If I had to pick though I'd say 11 & 12 should be covered. It gives you great action and it even has a part to make you sad only to get hyped up as they end the movie.

If they ever make a Dxd movie they better air it over in the US.

Chichiryuushintei
2015-04-20, 10:16
They were going to have to squeeze in 3 novels somewhere. If you read the novels you know why. A Dxd movie would be nice. One of the perfect times could cover volumes 11 and 12. Actually any part from now on could probably make a good movie. If I had to pick though I'd say 11 & 12 should be covered. It gives you great action and it even has a part to make you sad only to get hyped up as they end the movie.

If they ever make a Dxd movie they better air it over in the US.

Nah, a movie wouldn't give the tension V11 and V12 deserves. In a regular cour there'd be weeks of wait for the fandom which would make it more awesome than Ise being dead for half an hour.

And about a V7 movie, I think it would fit it perferctly since it's the most "random" among all Volumes yet. But, you have to remember, TNK is too small a studio for that. Movies are really big projects that need to sell far more than 10k to have profit, it's too risky for them, since they haven't done anything last year that gave them profit. (Blade Dance paid for itself and Daimidaler flopped) They aren't in a condition to make a gamble of that magnitude.

Biohazardous
2015-04-20, 10:25
Yea a movie would make the tension last less but, it would still be awesome. Though having it as a weekly run in regular season LN readers can have fun with the anime only people and say calm down grasshoppah and wait a min.

Chichiryuushintei
2015-04-20, 10:36
Yea a movie would make the tension last less but, it would still be awesome. Though having it as a weekly run in regular season LN readers can have fun with the anime only people and say calm down grasshoppah and wait a min.

Why tell them to calm down when you can multiply their despair by a hundred and say Cao Cao, Raiser and a Zombie Diodora will get his girls? After the "God of Breasts" incident, this is totally believable. :p

Wandering Soul
2015-04-20, 16:56
Normal high school boys have two chicks fighting over them? That makes me want to cry... :upset:
If they are popular enough then yes they do. I feel your pain bro.

Always86
2015-04-20, 19:12
Ultimately the only reason they had to do a three book series is if they plan on future season. If not there would be no reason.

What seems a fair guess is this is being done for the long term structure of the show.

Chichiryuushintei
2015-04-20, 19:14
Ultimately the only reason they had to do a three book series is if they plan on future season. If not there would be no reason.

What seems a fair guess is this is being done for the long term structure of the show.

Yeah, and since it seems that the BDs pre-order numbers are good (I heard it's around 5k up to now, it may vary in the actual sales) a season 4 is more than possible.

I think it would be cool for them to adapt V13 - Whatever it is the last Volume, but if they adapted up to Volume 12 and did an OVA (A movie is too farfetched for the studio, but it who knows?) with Ise and the others all grown up with children and all would be more than awesome in my opinion.

Malicre
2015-04-20, 19:29
Just give me vol 11 and 12 animated and i can die a happy man.

Archilla
2015-04-20, 19:34
Just give me vol 11 and 12 animated and i can die a happy man.

If we get to v9-10 I can't imagine we wouldn't get 11 and 12 too. V10 is too amazing to be resisted.

Malicre
2015-04-20, 19:53
The way gary was talking season 4 was going to be 2 cour and include 9 10 11 and 12. God that would be amazing.

Chichiryuushintei
2015-04-20, 19:58
2-cour may be too much for TNK to handle, but a split-cour is possible (1 cour- skips 1 or 2 anime seasons -another cour).

G147
2015-04-21, 02:22
Well if people think the animation quality in episode 3 is bad, it'll be worse if it's 2-cour. So better think properly on the 2-cour issue.

Archilla
2015-04-21, 02:29
Well if people think the animation quality in episode 3 is bad, it'll be worse if it's 2-cour. So better think properly on the 2-cour issue.

That's operating on the assumption the budget would be the same.

Always86
2015-04-21, 04:33
I'm not sure if it's really bad or if if we're just used to the blu ray touch ups.

I've watched season one and two several times but only the first was the TV version. It's been a while.

Biohazardous
2015-04-21, 08:18
Split cour would be awesome and prefered than a 24 episode run. Air a season give us a 1 season break to get excited for more then air the next part. Wait a year and give us season 5. :D

Gary29
2015-04-21, 08:36
I really don't see what the complaints are about BorN's animation. Sure, Tannin and Bikou's fight was meh, but no one actually cared about them much. :heh: The rest of the animation was really good.

Although, putting aside Western opinion, any word on what the fans in Japan think so far? I can't navigate 2ch to save my life, I'm barely learning how 4chan works, and if it's the same structure + Google Translate....

The way gary was talking season 4 was going to be 2 cour and include 9 10 11 and 12. God that would be amazing.

Nah, my idea was 2-cour of volumes 9-10 and re-adding almost everything that was skipped from BorN. Volumes 9 and 10 in and of themselves need at least ~16 episodes to be done properly. But that'd only be possible if speculation is right and BorN is the highest-selling season so far even with the changes, since a bigger budget would be needed and that success should prompt them to go for it.

Split-cour of volumes 11 and then 12 a couple months later imo. Troll the anime-only fans ala Tokyo Ghoul. :cool: with far better animation of course

ImperialFlameGod8190
2015-04-21, 09:07
I really don't see what the complaints are about BorN's animation. Sure, Tannin and Bikou's fight was meh, but no one actually cared about them much. :heh: The rest of the animation was really good.

Although, putting aside Western opinion, any word on what the fans in Japan think so far? I can't navigate 2ch to save my life, I'm barely learning how 4chan works, and if it's the same structure + Google Translate....

Nah, my idea was 2-cour of volumes 9-10 and re-adding almost everything that was skipped from BorN. Volumes 9 and 10 in and of themselves need at least ~16 episodes to be done properly. But that'd only be possible if speculation is right and BorN is the highest-selling season so far even with the changes, since a bigger budget would be needed and that success should prompt them to go for it.

Split-cour of volumes 11 and then 12 a couple months later imo. Troll the anime-only fans ala Tokyo Ghoul. :cool: with far better animation of course

Well i understand your statement but 9 and 10 dont need 16 episodes i think the classic 12 format from seasons 1 and 2 would work nicely.

Seafoam
2015-04-21, 09:47

I have no clue what they thought of episode 2, but 1 and 3 were praised on Twitter and were thought to be pretty funny. Last time I checked the sales I think it showed Vol 1 of the BD in the 5-7k range. I don't think that even includes the fact that there's another edition of said volume too.

Chichiryuushintei
2015-04-21, 10:02
I have no clue what they thought of episode 2, but 1 and 3 were praised on Twitter and were thought to be pretty funny. Last time I checked the sales I think it showed Vol 1 of the BD in the 5-7k range. I don't think that even includes the fact that there's another edition of said volume too.

Thanks, you just made my day a better day. :D

It's good to know that most people are either enjoying it as anime-only watchers, or not minding the changes because they trust TNK. In Japan, where the sales and popularity actually matter at least.

ImperialFlameGod8190
2015-04-21, 10:16
Thanks, you just made my day a better day. :D

It's good to know that most people are either enjoying it as anime-only watchers, or not minding the changes because they trust TNK. In Japan, where the sales and popularity actually matter at least.

you must be clapping so much rite now because people are lapping it up.

Biohazardous
2015-04-21, 10:26
Nothing wrong with people lapping it up Imperial. If they see this series can make money like we know it can its good. They can increase the budget and do better where it matters. It only gets better from here. If we can get a bigger budget from now on those who are a little more picky on animation can be happy too hopefully.

Chichiryuushintei
2015-04-21, 10:29
you must be clapping so much rite now because people are lapping it up.

Reality is calling: It said Anime (Or pieces of entertainment in general) can't be made without money.

ImperialFlameGod8190
2015-04-21, 10:33
yea me and you Chichi have had a nice lil rivalry. But hey lets see what happens

Chichiryuushintei
2015-04-21, 10:46
yea me and you Chichi have had a nice lil rivalry. But hey lets see what happens

Yeah, I like discussing with you, it's fun ^_^

But it's quite simple actually, if it sells it gets more seasons. If it doesn't sell it doesn't get more seasons. That's the basic rule for seeing the chances of future seasons in anime. There's also the chance of the staff working in something else for some time, but that's more a delay than not having more seasons whatsoever.

ImperialFlameGod8190
2015-04-21, 11:02
hey at best i'm a firestarter and a spartan and those two things are fun to deal with. Tho i gotta be honest something i wonder about DxD is this. If the first 2 seasons worked out so well that you actually got a 3rd season and you know we have potential for 4 or 5 seasons. Why would u make such a drastic change especially in what is probably the most critical season you're gonna have I mean if you REALLY wanted to you could release 5 and 6 in one season 7 and 9. in another 8 would be OVA's for the SS's 10 11 and 12 could be a 2-cour then because 12 is only 3-4 episodes you can expand 10 and 11. But such a change is pretty drastic.

Biohazardous
2015-04-21, 11:07
Yea they could have. Hopefully they laid it all out to at least volume 12 and what they have done is what they feel is best to get there. We can't see the big picture until they are done. Hopefully they looked at the big picture before starting.

Seafoam
2015-04-21, 11:13
I don't see the problem really. If obviously at some point we had to have a season with 3 volumes, I would want this more than any others. 9-12 are arguably the best ones in the series so far, and fans would be disappointed to see a lot cut out of them. Plus 7 isn't exactly that strong standing alone.

ImperialFlameGod8190
2015-04-21, 11:16
I don't see the problem really. If obviously at some point we had to have a season with 3 volumes, I would want this more than any others. 9-12 are arguably the best ones in the series so far, and fans would be disappointed to see a lot cut out of them. Plus 7 isn't exactly that strong standing alone.

Agreed 7 is weak but with 9 you can make more interesting things. 5 and 6 work best because of the connection between Diodora and vol 5. It fits along with the Youth battles. 7 works with 9 because it introduces more about the world outside of the Devils and angels and other myths. Plus the introduction of the Breast-god.

Seafoam
2015-04-21, 11:19
Agreed 7 is weak but with 9 you can make more interesting things. 5 and 6 work best because of the connection between Diodora and vol 5. It fits along with the Youth battles. 7 works with 9 because it introduces more about the world outside of the Devils and angels and other myths. Plus the introduction of the Breast-god.

Yeah. However ending a season on 10 and 12 is actually a good place. Even though they're doing it this season, 7 and 9 are pretty bad places to end one. I guess either way you look at it one season was gonna get the short end of the stick and they decided to get it out of the way now.

Chichiryuushintei
2015-04-21, 11:24
hey at best i'm a firestarter and a spartan and those two things are fun to deal with. Tho i gotta be honest something i wonder about DxD is this. If the first 2 seasons worked out so well that you actually got a 3rd season and you know we have potential for 4 or 5 seasons. Why would u make such a drastic change especially in what is probably the most critical season you're gonna have I mean if you REALLY wanted to you could release 5 and 6 in one season 7 and 9. in another 8 would be OVA's for the SS's 10 11 and 12 could be a 2-cour then because 12 is only 3-4 episodes you can expand 10 and 11. But such a change is pretty drastic.
Now the future seasons will be like this:

9-10
11-12

In long-term this is actually safer. If they continued on the other formula it'd be:

5-6
7-9
10-11
12-14

And then, if the sales dropped too much by then, they would leave an entire arc unfinished. Better try to make sure they end the Seasons properly. Volume 7 was said to be the start of the 3rd arc, but it fits as the end of the 2nd arc too.

The 4th arc is too long (It's already 7 volumes and we don't know when it'll end) for them to make such a gamble. Better finish the 3rd arc, which is a really good end to the series, and wait to see if making the 4th is doable and if it's worth doing.

I'll repeat, they don't have enough staff to make a good 2-cour. It could happen, but the quality would drop considerably, it's twice as many frames to draw.

ImperialFlameGod8190
2015-04-21, 11:36
Maybe so i think my concern comes to this. I have 3 questions with this season left at this point because thus far they havent done a great job. Its been adequate.
1. When are you gonna do the Sitri battle because thats a big battle as far as development goes. 2. Diodora's battle and the subsequent JD with Shalba how will they handle that.
3. Will they alter the Loki battle to not include vali and his team.

Thus far the moves they've done worry me because the buildup hasnt been good and that buildup is one of the things that made DxD Seasons 1 and 2 very good.

Gary29
2015-04-21, 11:38
To me at least, ending on 7 being a bad idea is remedied by ending on the completion of the Gremory group. And 9-10 + 11-12 >>>>> 10-12 in seasons.

What I don't necessarily agree on is a lack of staff for a 2-cour. Unless I'm missing out on some important info regarding how 2-cours work, wouldn't it merely take ~twice the time to create, assuming you have a big budget and all?

Also that's fantastic news on the BDs. :D

Seafoam
2015-04-21, 11:42
Not only does 2-cour take longer to make, you basically need double the budget otherwise it's going to look terrible. That in turn causes TNK to need extremely consistent sales otherwise they lose money. It's a bigger gamble to do 2-cour basically.

Chichiryuushintei
2015-04-21, 11:54
Maybe so i think my concern comes to this. I have 3 questions with this season left at this point because thus far they havent done a great job. Its been adequate.
1. When are you gonna do the Sitri battle because thats a big battle as far as development goes. 2. Diodora's battle and the subsequent JD with Shalba how will they handle that.
3. Will they alter the Loki battle to not include vali and his team.

Thus far the moves they've done worry me because the buildup hasnt been good and that buildup is one of the things that made DxD Seasons 1 and 2 very good.
How do you want me to know when they will do what? All I can do is guess.

1. Next episode's preview focus on Ise and Saji, so possibly it'll have that talk with them they had before the party about their masters, and in the next episode it will have the match start.

2. After Sitri's match, no mistery there.

3. Nah, I don't think so, Vali only fought against Loki to get Fenrir, so there's no reason for him to not fight now.

The build up is far better than previous seasons. Before, the enemies showed up when the plot needed them, heck, in Season 2 Kokabiel only appeared for 2 episodes while Vali came out as the villain in the last episode. Maybe as a LN reader it seemed good, since you knew what was happening, but considering the anime alone the build-up was nothing special. But now Loki showed up before that, and next episode we should get a glimpse of his strenght in his fight against the ORC.The anime builds him up far more than the LN did.

Always86
2015-04-21, 16:18
Consider us a bit lucky. Volume 1 LN of Is it wrong to pick up girls in dungeons was done in 3 episodes. They could of tried that this season could have been 10-13!

Chichiryuushintei
2015-04-21, 16:23
Consider us a bit lucky. Volume 1 LN of Is it wrong to pick up girls in dungeons was done in 3 episodes. They could of tried that this season could have been 10-13!

I heard that the LN doesn't have a good climax before volume 3, so that's probably the reason. I didn't read them yet, so I can't say much, tho.

The only reason DxD got the 2 Volume per season treatment up to now was because it has a lot of good climaxes that are good "Finales" in the first place.

ImperialFlameGod8190
2015-04-21, 16:52
I heard that the LN doesn't have a good climax before volume 3, so that's probably the reason. I didn't read them yet, so I can't say much, tho.

The only reason DxD got the 2 Volume per season treatment up to now was because it has a lot of good climaxes that are good "Finales" in the first place.

And volume 6 would be the best ending of all of them so far. the Loki fight in truth would be a good place but ending with JD and the oppai dragon song plus the stuff with Asia would be a good one.

Weather
2015-04-21, 17:02
And volume 6 would be the best ending of all of them so far. the Loki fight in truth would be a good place but ending with JD and the oppai dragon song plus the stuff with Asia would be a good one.

No its not better than 7 in that aspect.

- Because doesn't make Issei look heroic as Vol 7 (MY STYLE... MJIOLNIR!!! BOSTOO BOSTOO BOSTOO!)
- It doesn't hype anything for another season, Vol 7 hypes Cao Cao and Sairaorg.
- Is an Akeno Volume... whose popularity ECLIPSES anyone not called Issei, Rias, Koneko or Kuroka.
- Nobody cares about Asia.

GDB
2015-04-21, 17:08
Aside from that fourth one being flamebait and just plain wrong, the only one of those that actually has any merit is the first one. Moving volume 7 still accomplishes the other points. The first point is still a matter of preference.

Chichiryuushintei
2015-04-21, 17:12

Like I said in another comment, finishing in Volume 7 allows them to end Season 5 in Volume 12, completing the 3rd arc, and leaving the series with a great ending in case another season is impossible. It's also a great climax, even though it may decrease the anime popularity for it's really controversial ending.

BTW, it seems my real name is Nobody. :p

Weather
2015-04-21, 17:18
Aside from that fourth one being flamebait and just plain wrong, the only one of those that actually has any merit is the first one. Moving volume 7 still accomplishes the other points. The first point is still a matter of preference.

The last one was my personal preference

Just... couldn't help it.

G147
2015-04-21, 21:15

But what about the part where Odin gives Vali the Ketsuryukou nickname? The part where the Oppai Dragon is made into a tokusatsu series, the arguments/mental corrosion of the Heavenly Dragon, the Switch Princess.

Chichiryuushintei
2015-04-21, 21:20
But what about the part where Odin gives Vali the Ketsuryukou nickname? The part where the Oppai Dragon is made into a tokusatsu series, the arguments/mental corrosion of the Heavenly Dragon, the Switch Princess.

Yeah, comedy-wise V7 blows most of DxD Volumes out of the water, with the exception of V17 and V4, those are just too good.

RightSaidFred
2015-04-21, 21:22
So Japanese animators don't know how to draw Norse Gods :confused:

Chichiryuushintei
2015-04-21, 21:30
So Japanese animators don't know how to draw Norse Gods :confused:
Did any work of fiction ever picture them correctly? Is there even a "correct" way to draw imaginary beings in the first place?

Weather
2015-04-21, 22:13
Did any work of fiction ever picture them correctly? Is there even a "correct" way to draw imaginary beings in the first place?

Odin is always a bearded man... or a loli.

Archilla
2015-04-21, 22:28

Yeah, to back you up most people inform themselves based on popular images. I always thought there would be like a 20% chance Loki would show up and just be animated Tom Hiddleston.

Seafoam
2015-04-21, 22:29
Yeah, to back you up most people inform themselves based on popular images. I always thought there would be like a 20% chance Loki would show up and just be animated Tom Hiddelston.

I was 90% sold on him looking like Tom, so my shock was truly something else when I saw it.

bluestahli1
2015-04-22, 01:07
You people have been stuck in the Tom Hiddelston-Loki mentality :heh:

Always86
2015-04-22, 02:00

I read the volume and didn't really feel they needed any more episodes, could have had some slightly longer fights, but and episode 4 for this arc would have pushed it.

As for DXD. Season one could have done 3 volumes and not used filler from 8.

Chichiryuushintei
2015-04-22, 05:05
I read the volume and didn't really feel they needed any more episodes, could have had some slightly longer fights, but and episode 4 for this arc would have pushed it.

As for DXD. Season one could have done 3 volumes and not used filler from 8.

No it couldn't. Using ONE volume in 2 episodes would be disastrous, and Raizer is a much better Finale than Kokabiel.

ImperialFlameGod8190
2015-04-22, 06:32
No it couldn't. Using ONE volume in 2 episodes would be disastrous, and Raizer is a much better Finale than Kokabiel.

for once i agree with Chichi Season 1 would've been a bad idea because season 1 was all about introducing Issei to the world of devils and him developing himself as one of Rias's Pawns. While yes the fillers were a bit odd they worked pretty well in the end.

Always86
2015-04-22, 11:08
I maintain the pacing in the first two series is slow. Much as I like them. I'm definately not suggesting a volume in 2 episodes, but by using those two and trimming the fat on others season 1 could have done three volumes.

It wouldn't have hurt Ise's development in my opinion, or world development. But hey, I'm sure we'll never agree on this one. Maybe next time I watch season 1/2 I'll find things that could have been trimmed with no loss and report back.

Chichiryuushintei
2015-04-22, 11:36
I maintain the pacing in the first two series is slow. Much as I like them. I'm definately not suggesting a volume in 2 episodes, but by using those two and trimming the fat on others season 1 could have done three volumes.

It wouldn't have hurt Ise's development in my opinion, or world development. But hey, I'm sure we'll never agree on this one. Maybe next time I watch season 1/2 I'll find things that could have been trimmed with no loss and report back.

The problem is not that there was stuff that could be cut. V2 is a much better way to end a Season than V3. Ise saving Rias and saying that speech of his beats Vali appearing and leaving in 5 minutes any day of the week. V6 and V7 are closer in that regard because they both end in an epic+ridiculous kind of way.

Biohazardous
2015-04-22, 11:38
Have to end a season with anime only people wanting to know more. What happens next omg? The anime is suppose to draw new people to the series and let current people see the work animated.

Chichiryuushintei
2015-04-22, 11:48
Have to end a season with anime only people wanting to know more. What happens next omg? The anime is suppose to draw new people to the series and let current people see the work animated.

That's why V2 is such a good ending. It leaves enough foreshadowing to get people interest, but ties up enough plot points to not feel incomplete.

Biohazardous
2015-04-22, 12:49
That's why V2 is such a good ending. It leaves enough foreshadowing to get people interest, but ties up enough plot points to not feel incomplete.

Which is a good thing. I like season endings that make you want more but, at same time wrap up most of what happens so you're not as mad if another season isn't made.

Always86
2015-04-23, 07:11
V3 works pretty well for a what happens next approach. Vali appears, also Azazel could reveal at the end. You would then start season two with the peace treaty. Season one would work pretty well as a 3 volume story. Season two would then open the world up further.

Chichiryuushintei
2015-04-23, 07:58
V3 works pretty well for a what happens next approach. Vali appears, also Azazel could reveal at the end. You would then start season two with the peace treaty. Season one would work pretty well as a 3 volume story. Season two would then open the world up further.
As I said before, Ise's speech to Rias is a much better Finale than V3's ending. And they'd have to cut a lot of stuff for Kiba's development and Irina's + Xenovia's introduction. There would be cuts far worse than this Season's will probably have when it ends.

And as I said it'd be riskier. DxD is the kind of series that could flop really hard, and if it did, they'd leave a bunch of stuff without closure. V2 is better because it has more closure to it, at the same time it leaves room for further events in case the sales flopped.

Biohazardous
2015-04-23, 08:20
I agree with Chich. Something that has so much material has to end with hype yet at the same time mostly resolved issues of the season. It pulls the you want to know more read the source but, you are left with what about so and so issue from episode x?

Malicre
2015-04-23, 08:24
How much content does the first and season anime season leave out in regards to vol 1-4? i never read the first 4 volumes. Do you think its worth going back and reading them?