PDA

View Full Version : High School DxD season 3 confirmed.

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9

Tbolt
2015-04-23, 08:27
How much content does the first and season anime season leave out in regards to vol 1-4? i never read the first 4 volumes. Do you think its worth going back and reading them?

Yes go and read them, they really setup allot of things to come.

Malicre
2015-04-23, 08:56
Yes go and read them, they really setup allot of things to come.

Volumes 1-4 set up things to come in vol 18+?

jopjopjop
2015-04-23, 09:02
Volumes 1-4 set up things to come in vol 18+?

Yes. One is a couple of lines and the other is a one-liner that you wouldn't normally pay attention to.

Both are found in Volume 3; situated in opposite ends of the Volume.

Malicre
2015-04-23, 09:19
Yes. One is a couple of lines and the other is a one-liner that you wouldn't normally pay attention to.

Both are found in Volume 3; situated in opposite ends of the Volume.

Thanks, will check those volumes out now.

Always86
2015-04-24, 03:24
As I said before, Ise's speech to Rias is a much better Finale than V3's ending. And they'd have to cut a lot of stuff for Kiba's development and Irina's + Xenovia's introduction. There would be cuts far worse than this Season's will probably have when it ends.

And as I said it'd be riskier. DxD is the kind of series that could flop really hard, and if it did, they'd leave a bunch of stuff without closure. V2 is better because it has more closure to it, at the same time it leaves room for further events in case the sales flopped.

It wouldnt be then it's a anime end with without closure. I never really understand the logic of making an anime based on a long ongoing series have closure at all. As has been said anyone who really cares can go read the books. It seems fairly defeatist to me to not work on a basis of a successful series and a season two+.

Anyway, it's irrelanvant for series one and two now. Do we think this series is going to have a mid season finale at episode 6? Or will it be more about and overall story with the arc conclusions happening in the process?

Chichiryuushintei
2015-04-24, 11:13
It wouldnt be then it's a anime end with without closure. I never really understand the logic of making an anime based on a long ongoing series have closure at all. As has been said anyone who really cares can go read the books. It seems fairly defeatist to me to not work on a basis of a successful series and a season two+.

Anyway, it's irrelanvant for series one and two now. Do we think this series is going to have a mid season finale at episode 6? Or will it be more about and overall story with the arc conclusions happening in the process?
I'm not sure, Ep 4 and 5 sinopses seems to be more V7 focused, with 5 being Ise's and Akeno's date IIRC. My hopes is that by episode 6 they at least start the RG against Sona. So the first half of this Season will be mostly set up, so that shit can get serious without any stops in the second half.

Chichiryuushintei
2015-04-25, 09:38
So, ep 4 just aired, I was a bit nervous because they seem to have replaced the RG with Sona with the fight in this ep, (A lot of the RG moments were here, Koneko and Akeno asking for Ise to give them courage, Saji talked about his and Sona's dream). Also, Azazel already gave Saji the other Vritra Gears. And it seems the original Midgardsorm was in this as well, but may be only a clone.

But the moment Rias flipped and all the shit araound her started getting rekt I simply stopped caring and now I'm hyped for next ep like there's no tomorrow.

Also, Arthur and Kuroka will appear, as well as Bilingual will be mentioned or used next episode.

ImperialFlameGod8190
2015-04-25, 09:45
So, ep 4 just aired, I was a bit nervous because they seem to have replaced the RG with Sona with the fight in this ep, (A lot of the RG moments were here, Koneko and Akeno asking for Ise to give them courage, Saji talked about his and Sona's dream). Also, Azazel already gave Saji the other Vritra Gears. And it seems the original Midgardsorm was in this as well, but may be only a clone.

But the moment Rias flipped and all the shit araound her started getting rekt I simply stopped caring and now I'm hyped for next ep like there's no tomorrow.

Also, Arthur and Kuroka will appear, as well as Bilingual will be mentioned or used next episode.

you're nervous chichi thats not a good thing :heh::heh::heh:

Chichiryuushintei
2015-04-25, 09:50
you're nervous chichi thats not a good thing :heh::heh::heh:

The RGs are a big part of this arc in the story, I'm complacent about changes but even I have my limits. They can just make it so the only RGs are agains Diodora and Sairaorg, but it's still a bit meh. And like I said, Rias's reaction made up for it.

GDB
2015-04-25, 09:52
Still sure that they'll just move the Rating Game to episode 6 or 7. Otherwise they're going way too fast for the amount of content remaining, and we know they're smart enough to not do that.

ImperialFlameGod8190
2015-04-25, 09:55
The RGs are a big part of this arc in the story, I'm complacent about changes but even I have my limits. They can just make it so the only RGs are agains Diodora and Sairaorg, but it's still a bit meh. And like I said, Rias's reaction made up for it.

I agree i'm a little less complacent then you. But i'll wait and see for myself. Sairoarg is way too soon. Diodora's they have to do but lets see what happens.

Still sure that they'll just move the Rating Game to episode 6 or 7. Otherwise they're going way too fast for the amount of content remaining, and we know they're smart enough to not do that.

Are you sure about that?

Chichiryuushintei
2015-04-25, 10:07

They'll have to change a lot of stuff, if they still do it it'll be interesting. :D

jopjopjop
2015-04-25, 10:08
Before people go bonkers on how the story is derailed....

Remember the first fight against Loki? Remember what happens there?

Loki + Fenrir fought against the Gremory group + Baraqiel + Rose
Fenrir put a hole on Issei's body.
Vali Team appeared and stopped the fight.

Now, look at the episode right now. :)

GDB
2015-04-25, 11:22
Are you sure about that?

Sure about what? That they won't just erase an important fight, or that it'll be episodes 6/7? If the former, the author liked the storyboard for the season. If the latter, it's a guess.

Seriously, if all you're going to do is just doomsay everything that happens, just stop. No one cares to hear it when you have no reasoning beyond "We're doomed. DOOOOOOMED!"

Weather
2015-04-25, 11:23
Sure about what? That they won't just erase an important fight, or that it'll be episodes 6/7? If the former, the author liked the storyboard for the season. If the latter, it's a guess.

Seriously, if all you're going to do is just doomsay everything that happens, just stop. No one cares to hear it when you have no reasoning beyond "We're doomed. DOOOOOOMED!"

Quoted for the fucking truth.

DragoMuseveni
2015-04-25, 12:23
The episode with subs is out . Well this was a good episode , and that Arthur aparition solved the mistery of vali team and gremory team fighting together agains`t loki . And that shot with ise about that technique , proves that in episode 6 we might see the RG between Sona and Rias .
I am the only one or this fight was the best until now ?

Chichiryuushintei
2015-04-25, 16:02
The episode with subs is out . Well this was a good episode , and that Arthur aparition solved the mistery of vali team and gremory team fighting together agains`t loki . And that shot with ise about that technique , proves that in episode 6 we might see the RG between Sona and Rias .
I am the only one or this fight was the best until now ?
Hell yeah, this fight was beast. The fact they stopped ripping clothes for no reason makes it even better.

Wandering Soul
2015-04-25, 18:27
Really enjoyed this fight. Like that they kept fanservice to a minimum during the fight.

Malicre
2015-04-25, 20:35
did they really just start a sona x kiba pairing? WOAH

Chichiryuushintei
2015-04-25, 20:37
did they really just start a sona x kiba pairing? WOAH

...What. The. Fuck. That was Tsubaki.

Malicre
2015-04-25, 20:43
...What. The. Fuck. That was Tsubaki.

Lol ok yeah that makes more sense

Malicre
2015-04-25, 20:49
So with the odin / loki fight happening now does this pretty much confirm a issei JD / Asia kiss as the final episode? Also i take it that we wont get to see the Akeno date stuff.

Chichiryuushintei
2015-04-25, 20:55
So with the odin / loki fight happening now does this pretty much confirm a issei JD / Asia kiss as the final episode? Also i take it that we wont get to see the Akeno date stuff.
OK, I think it was said a billion times in this thread already, but I have nothing better to do. so:

They are mixing the first half of V7 in the V5 storyline, after next episode it should go back to V6 (There's still a chance of they doing the RG, but I'm not sure about that)
so no, JD will NOT be the finale.

The final fight in V7 with all the Chichigami stuff will be the finale.

Akeno's date is going to be next episode. Or at least she's going to ask Ise to one, I don't know if it'll happen in the same episode, but it's very likely.

G147
2015-04-25, 23:34
OK, I think it was said a billion times in this thread already, but I have nothing better to do. so:

They are mixing the first half of V7 in the V5 storyline, after next episode it should go back to V6 (There's still a chance of they doing the RG, but I'm not sure about that)
so no, JD will NOT be the finale.

The final fight in V7 with all the Chichigami stuff will be the finale.

Akeno's date is going to be next episode. Or at least she's going to ask Ise to one, I don't know if it'll happen in the same episode, but it's very likely.

Well it's basically done to expand Irina and Rose's presence in the story. If they go with 5 > 6 > 7 the two won't play a role in the first half at all, with minimal role on the second half as well since they only participated on the Loki battles.

Weather
2015-04-26, 01:08
Just saw it.

I'm not even gonna care about continuity anymore, this chapter was simply great.

Loved the expresions when everyone saw Issei passing out in Rias' Arms

Parry999
2015-04-26, 02:44

Asia kiss already happened at the end of season 2 in the bluerays.

Chichiryuushintei
2015-04-26, 06:30
Asia kiss already happened at the end of season 2 in the bluerays.
That wasn't the kiss, in V6 she kisses him on the lips, not the cheek.

ImperialFlameGod8190
2015-04-26, 07:20
Well it's basically done to expand Irina and Rose's presence in the story. If they go with 5 > 6 > 7 the two won't play a role in the first half at all, with minimal role on the second half as well since they only participated on the Loki battles.

Actually thats slightly wrong. Irina plays one of the most important roles of all in volume 6 (she brings the oppai dragon song to the gang). as for Ross she was never meant to play a large role she was meant to be introduced

Chichiryuushintei
2015-04-26, 07:26
I don't think that was their intention as much as a consequence of the changes.

I think the biggest "Pro" of the changes is that Loki actually seems like an important villain now. In the LN he just appeared, took a walk, came back, and BAM! Got his ass kicked in the most random way ever, before disappearing completely from the ORC memories the same way those Hero Faction thugs did.

Always86
2015-04-26, 07:59
Hell yeah, this fight was beast. The fact they stopped ripping clothes for no reason makes it even better.

I've never really got the appeal of nudity from a battle situation.

I really feel like I need to re-read 5-7 so I remember how things are changed, but I'm enjoying it as it goes out right now. Maybe I'll read before re watching on Blu.

G147
2015-04-26, 08:17
Actually thats slightly wrong. Irina plays one of the most important roles of all in volume 6 (she brings the oppai dragon song to the gang). as for Ross she was never meant to play a large role she was meant to be introduced

Which literally makes Irina the same as irrelevant cause that's the only thing she was actually involved in for that Volume. It was the same for V7, Irina just appeared for the Loki battle only. And that battle didn't even give her much focus like this episode. :heh:

GDB
2015-04-26, 08:41
They had already been boosting up Irina's screen time since season 2. Why would you expect them to just sideline her?

ImperialFlameGod8190
2015-04-26, 09:16
I don't think that was their intention as much as a consequence of the changes.

I think the biggest "Pro" of the changes is that Loki actually seems like an important villain now. In the LN he just appeared, took a walk, came back, and BAM! Got his ass kicked in the most random way ever, before disappearing completely from the ORC memories the same way those Hero Faction thugs did.

i suppose one could call it a pro but frankly Loki was never really an "important" villian to begin with. As a God he's certainly a big boss. the other problem is the way they've handled it. The first time Loki appears and is teleported away and from the sound of it something similar will happen this time. Thats bad writing IMO. the truth is Diodora as much of a pain as he was is a more "important" villian. Plus Loki originally isnt a part of the Khaos Brigade.

Chichiryuushintei
2015-04-26, 09:32
i suppose one could call it a pro but frankly Loki was never really an "important" villian to begin with. As a God he's certainly a big boss. the other problem is the way they've handled it. The first time Loki appears and is teleported away and from the sound of it something similar will happen this time. Thats bad writing IMO. the truth is Diodora as much of a pain as he was is a more "important" villian. Plus Loki originally isnt a part of the Khaos Brigade.

But there's the thing. HE'S A FUCKING EVIL GOD. In the LN he's just disregarded as some 1 time chump who's beaten as fast as he appeared in a completely ramdomic comic-relief way, that's bad writing. Was it hilarious? Yes, I still chuckle just from remembering it, but that was the most anti-climatic fight this series ever had.

And about him being part of Khaos Brigade, it seems he asked for their help, not that he's an actual member, since he's only doing his own thing, and doesn't seem to give a shit about their goals. And, again, in the LN he's just as important as a thug, so changing him isn't harmful at all.

ImperialFlameGod8190
2015-04-26, 09:40
But there's the thing. HE'S A FUCKING EVIL GOD. In the LN he's just disregarded as some 1 time chump who's beaten as fast as he appeared in a completely ramdomic comic-relief way, that's bad writing. Was it hilarious? Yes, I still chuckle just from remembering it, but that was the most anti-climatic fight this series ever had.

And about him being part of Khaos Brigade, it seems he asked for their help, not that he's an actual member, since he's only doing his own thing, and doesn't seem to give a shit about their goals. And, again, in the LN he's just as important as a thug, so changing him isn't harmful at all.

Except for the fact the first time he appears he wrecks shit and the fact that the 2 heavenly dragons had to work together to beat him and Fenrir (btw remember the conversation between the actual midgosomar and the gang was funny.
Daddy's not scary but Wan wan is.

Yea in the end he needed the breast god to save them but before that he was wrecking shit.

GDB
2015-04-26, 09:48
Still a chump when viewed as a literary villain compared to pretty much every other villain in the series. Even Raynare had better "presence".

The only one who might be worse off than Loki is Kokabiel.

Chichiryuushintei
2015-04-26, 10:11
Except for the fact the first time he appears he wrecks shit and the fact that the 2 heavenly dragons had to work together to beat him and Fenrir (btw remember the conversation between the actual midgosomar and the gang was funny.
Daddy's not scary but Wan wan is.

Yea in the end he needed the breast god to save them but before that he was wrecking shit.
I never said he was weak. lol

He still went as fast as he came, noone even remembers him now. He was more irrelevant than a fodder Fallen Angel and some Devil cocky bitch who thinks he's awesome because he rapes nuns. That's bad writing no matter how you look at it. Hilarious yes, but bad nonetheless.

I still hope they put that conversation in somehow. It's probably the most unlikely to be put, but yews, it was funny.

@GDB: At least Kokabiel was curbstomped by VALI and not for comic relief. And his actions made the Three Factions of Christianity come to an agreement faster than they'd otherwise IIRC, so his actions still had significance.

KnightShade
2015-04-26, 10:42

with more than half a season left, we can bet on the RG still happening, they can't stretch the loki fight that far.

besides, i trust ishibumi since he said he's satisfied with born.

Chichiryuushintei
2015-04-26, 10:47
with more than half a season left, we can bet on the RG still happening, they can't stretch the loki fight that far.

besides, i trust ishibumi since he said he's satisfied with born.

They won't "stretch" it per say. Next episode Loki's going to retreat most likely (The King of HOLY swords must be terrifying to an EVIL God) and then come back at the end of the season for the final fight.

The (plausible) RG against Sona and V6 will happen in-between.

I trust him too, I doubt there will be major changes that ruins the plot completely. But then a little voice in my head says: "What if he's only telling us he's satisfied with it because TNK told him to, or because of some contract clause?"

Sometimes I hate my brain.

ImperialFlameGod8190
2015-04-26, 11:02
They won't "stretch" it per say. Next episode Loki's going to retreat most likely (The King of HOLY swords must be terrifying to an EVIL God) and then come back at the end of the season for the final fight.

I trust him too, I doubt there will be major changes that ruins the plot completely. But then a little voice in my head says: "What if he's only telling us he's satisfied with it because TNK told him to, or because of some contract clause?"

Chichi your brain is right. lets face it if he says he doesnt like it and fans find out he ruins any chance of DxD getting another season and also any chance of him getting any other of his future works animated.

Chichiryuushintei
2015-04-26, 11:07
Chichi your brain is right. lets face it if he says he doesnt like it and fans find out he ruins any chance of DxD getting another season and also any chance of him getting any other of his future works animated.

How do you know it's right? Are you the author? No.

And if he makes a future work that sells, it can be animated, that logic of yours makes no sense.

KnightShade
2015-04-26, 11:22

pretty much

there's always the worry of things being skipped in anime adaptations, but given this show's track record and the author's dedication, it's earned the benefit of the doubt. the people complaining about born don't know how good they have it compared to something like say madan.

Chichiryuushintei
2015-04-26, 11:27
pretty much

there's always the worry of things being skipped in anime adaptations, but given this show's track record and the author's dedication, it's earned the benefit of the doubt. the people complaining about born don't know how good they have it compared to something like say madan.

Or Tokyo Ghoul. I'm not a fan of the series, but thinking of 70+ 20 page long dialogue-heavy chapters in 1-cour makes my chest hurt.

Worst case I've seen from an adaptation stand-point is Beelzebub. Every single episode before the last was either exactly how the manga was or filler (There wasn't much, so not really a problem) and then half-way through the last episode they just went full-original in a really retarded way.

kikix
2015-04-26, 11:29
Well, I think that there are certain things that shouldn't be changed if they don't need to be changed. Like the fight with Rizer for example (there was absolutely no reason to change how it went, but it was changed anyway...and messed up). There are also core aspects of story that should not be changed (like Issei defeating Loki with Mjolnir...or it's replica, whichever is fine).

I understand the need to fit a lot of story in a short amount of time, so Beelzebub interfering, they going to buy time instead of Loki attacking in an ambush and cutting on the amount of people fighting are fine. I could even accept the fact that Issei have little to do with Akeno accepting her powers in anime. But not everything is fine to change.

Chichiryuushintei
2015-04-26, 11:39
Well, I think that there are certain things that shouldn't be changed if they don't need to be changed. Like the fight with Rizer for example (there was absolutely no reason to change how it went, but it was changed anyway...and messed up). There are also core aspects of story that should not be changed (like Issei defeating Loki with Mjolnir...or it's replica, whichever is fine).

I understand the need to fit a lot of story in a short amount of time, so Beelzebub interfering, they going to buy time instead of Loki attacking in an ambush and cutting on the amount of people fighting are fine. I could even accept the fact that Issei have little to do with Akeno accepting her powers in anime. But not everything is fine to change.

How did they screw the fight with Rizer up?

Ise won't defeat Loki until the Finale so no need to complain about that.

I won't accept every single change they make, like I said, I may be complacent, but I have limits. What they've done up to now is fine.

kikix
2015-04-26, 11:46
How did they screw the fight with Rizer up?Pure cosmetics. The reason why I said they screwed it up is because...there was no reason to change it. Neither time constraints nor esthetics. I won't tell you the details now. I'd need to reread the battle and rewatch the episode. It was a while. But I do remember that I was bothered by it when I did watch it when having the book fresh in memory (after all, I begun reading the light novel only thanks to learning about it from the anime when it appeared).

What they've done up to now is fine.Well, I'm borderline getting bothered. As in, what they have done up till now is still something I could tolerate, provided they will not mess it up too much further.
Different people have different "limits", after all. I'm one of those people that think that if an adaptation can't be at least resembling the original, so that the reader can actually say often what will happen next, making an entirely different anime from the get go is better that messing up the story.

Ise won't defeat Loki until the Finale so no need to complain about that.Actually, that WOULD be something to complain about. Turning one battle into two separate ones...actually, into three, counting the banquet...is too much of a change. Loki should be defeated in next episode. Just add aid from the breast god healing Issei up while giving him power after Vali takes Fenrir away. Then everything would be put "in its place". It's not like Issei isn't "healed" by "breast power" left and right in the book anyway.

KnightShade
2015-04-26, 13:20
i'll take 1/2 extra fights with loki to make him an actual threat vs the ln fodder loki anyday.

Chichiryuushintei
2015-04-26, 13:34
Actually, that WOULD be something to complain about. Turning one battle into two separate ones...actually, into three, counting the banquet...is too much of a change. Loki should be defeated in next episode. Just add aid from the breast god healing Issei up while giving him power after Vali takes Fenrir away. Then everything would be put "in its place". It's not like Issei isn't "healed" by "breast power" left and right in the book anyway.
Well, too bad because it was already confirmed by the author that's what going to happen.

There were 2 fights against Loki in the LN, the first was split between last episode and this one. The Final one only happens after the Vali Team helps them in the first one.

GDB
2015-04-26, 13:43

Have you never listened to an NFL interview? There are so many ways to side step questions without giving a false positive. "I'm focusing on the novels so I didn't get a chance to oversee enough to give an opinion" and things of that nature.

Pure cosmetics. The reason why I said they screwed it up is because...there was no reason to change it.

So it's a change, not a screw up. Don't go all Imperial on us.

Always86
2015-04-26, 18:25
We really need to wait until the end of the season before we complain to much. It might all come together really well and work for the anime. Not to compare the two but Game of Thrones has changed loads of stuff and it's still a good adaptation and an entertaining show,

Biohazardous
2015-04-26, 18:46
I'm trying to wait and see how they do stuff.

Armando99
2015-04-26, 19:11
It's all we can do.

bluestahli1
2015-04-26, 19:59
So that was Arthur? didn't really think he would look like that.

Biohazardous
2015-04-27, 08:17
Correct me if I'm wrong but, The Gremory gang did not know about Sitri gang getting artificial gear until the RG correct?

jopjopjop
2015-04-27, 08:19
Correct me if I'm wrong but, The Gremory gang did not know about Sitri gang getting artificial gear until the RG correct?

They don't because they haven't received it yet in the first place.

Biohazardous
2015-04-27, 08:26
Hummm ok guess I mixed up something else. :)

GDB
2015-04-27, 08:32
Yeah, Tsubaki's isn't artificial.

Ruki0089
2015-04-27, 23:47
Ugh... Damn, why did anime turn to messed up story like this.... hah~~
i feel quite disappointed now....

Archilla
2015-04-27, 23:57
Ugh... Damn, why did anime turn to messed up story like this.... hah~~
i feel quite disappointed now....

Really? I've never understood this mindset. We've still got the LNs. They're still there, they're still going, and they're still fantastic. We've gotten massively lucky to get this much, and *fingers crossed* there's a good chance we'll get more. I know we're obessive here, but we get to enjoy a great novel and an enjoyable anime.

Plus, have you looked at other forums and/or YouTube? Fans of the genre *love* this show.

Ruki0089
2015-04-28, 00:48
Really? I've never understood this mindset. We've still got the LNs. They're still there, they're still going, and they're still fantastic. We've gotten massively lucky to get this much, and *fingers crossed* there's a good chance we'll get more. I know we're obessive here, but we get to enjoy a great novel and an enjoyable anime.

Plus, have you looked at other forums and/or YouTube? Fans of the genre *love* this show.

Well, i love dxd too and i also enjoy this series, okay... i just feels disappointed because the Anime messed the original story of LN... i know some anime never follow original story.

Archilla
2015-04-28, 01:05
Well, i love dxd too and i also enjoy this series, okay... i just feels disappointed because the Anime messed the original story of LN... i know some anime never follow original story.

I understand. But have faith man, there's lots of good stuff to come.

Ruki0089
2015-04-28, 01:22
Yeah, that why i keep watching... i truly hope that a lots of good stuff like will come!

dark44
2015-04-28, 02:32
i dont mind if they skip some parts but i dont want them to go original cause i hope they well make another season but if they go original is that mean this is the last season we see animated?

aw454wtr
2015-04-28, 02:36
by now rating game gremory vs sitri should be skipped as it serves no purpose

Akeno is already using holy thunder
Koneko is using nekomata powers
Tsubaki ability is revealed to rias (which means xenovia will know about it, thus no way is tsubaki winning)
Saji already has all vitria sg and awakened vitra eye

G147
2015-04-28, 06:54
by now rating game gremory vs sitri should be skipped as it serves no purpose

Akeno is already using holy thunder
Koneko is using nekomata powers
Tsubaki ability is revealed to rias (which means xenovia will know about it, thus no way is tsubaki winning)
Saji already has all vitria sg and awakened vitra eye

I doubt it'll be skipped though, Issei hasn't use Bilingual yet. And he's on his way to create that next episode. :p Plus Ishibumi confirmed that episode 4 is a mix of V5 & V7 but the events of V5, 6 & 7 will still happen in sequence. Just see this at the first fight with Loki, he did retreat after the Vali Team arrived.

Biohazardous
2015-04-28, 08:15
So people will fuss more if they include the RG. They shouldn't fall to something they know about. So that means changes that may not be good have to be made. Our story is already awesome no need for changes. Cuts for time constraints sure if not super crucial to story. Out right changes that can be very bad. As usual though gotta wait and see the full season to see what they have done. We got to support it if we want more.

B214
2015-04-28, 08:26
Here to bring some bad news or good news depending on how people want to view it. The title of episode 7-9.

7. Night before the battle (対戦前夜です)
8. I'll rescue Asia (アーシア、救います)
9 Dragon of Dragon (ドラゴン・オブ・ドラゴン)
Hence there'll be no Sitri-Gremory Rating Game or rather it seems like there'll be no RG at all. Unless if they animate it in Episode 6.

P.s. The accuracy of this is unconfirmed, therefore if wrong. Don't complain.

Biohazardous
2015-04-28, 08:35
Based off the names would it be correct to assume: End of 8 he thinks she is dead and starts to get pissed. (If lucky we can hear Ddraig say run.) Start of 9 we see him flip his lid and proceed to open a can of whoop ass.

GDB
2015-04-28, 09:04
So people will fuss more if they include the RG. They shouldn't fall to something they know about. So that means changes that may not be good have to be made. Our story is already awesome no need for changes. Cuts for time constraints sure if not super crucial to story. Out right changes that can be very bad. As usual though gotta wait and see the full season to see what they have done. We got to support it if we want more.

Good thing Xenovia is a tactical thinker who never acts rashly or impulsively.

Oh, wait...

Here to bring some bad news or good news depending on how people want to view it. The title of episode 7-9.

Well, I did estimate episodes 6 and/or 7 for the rating game, so it can still fit. Though those titles seem odd, since it leaves 3 episodes just for the final Loki fight? Seems excessive.

Biohazardous
2015-04-28, 09:13
Don't forget GDB Rias could remind her be calm or get pawnt. :D

Yea 3 episodes is excessive so guess we have to wonder again what they will do. :\

Gary29
2015-04-28, 09:20
So going by the titles alone, episode 5 is the end of their vacation (which implies there won't be a Rating Game, but I have no idea how they'll fit in Bilingual), episode 6 is the start of the second semester (read: Irina's transfer, the prelude stuff with Diodora), 7 is that one night between Ise and Rias before the final Loki fight (which also implies the Oppai Dragon stuff has to come between 6 and 7), 8 is the start of the Diodora Rating Game, 9 is the climax and JD, and perhaps what they'll do is use 10 as the set-up episode for reuniting with Kuroka, the effects JD had on him, Vali learning Norse magic and being called the Ketsuryuukou etc. And 11-12 will be the Loki fight.

DragoMuseveni
2015-04-28, 09:24
So 9 will be JD ... I can`t wait to hear the chant . If they do it right with the voices on the background , this will sure boost up their sales

Biohazardous
2015-04-28, 09:42
I can't wait either.

Chichiryuushintei
2015-04-28, 09:53
I still think they can make the match against Diodora to be the first RG. But it worries me that they seem to be saving 3 whole episodes for the rest of V7.

Seafoam
2015-04-28, 09:57
They might try to do the last life of Volume 8 as the final episode...

Chichiryuushintei
2015-04-28, 10:03
They might try to do the last life of Volume 8 as the final episode...
Considering they said they would add stuff regarding Rias's and Ise's relationship it's possible. Weird as fuck. But possible.

Will they do that without showing Ise's lessons with Venelana and the butler though? Even I would rage about that. ._.'

DragoMuseveni
2015-04-28, 10:10
This cannot be . Because it was an unwritten rule that dxd must end with a big beautiful fight . So i hope episode 12 does not turn into volume 8 extra

EDIT : What if , what if the RG between Sona and Rias ( altough I don`t believe what i`m saying) will take place on episode 10 , leaving 11 for preparations and 12 for the final fight ?

Biohazardous
2015-04-28, 10:19
That some serious flip flop if they do that Drago

kikix
2015-04-28, 10:21
So it's a change, not a screw up. Don't go all Imperial on us.1) For there to be a screw up there needs to be a change. Not every change is a screw up, but every screw up is a change. Also try to tell a girl whose make up was ruined by a sudden rain that cosmetic changes are not a big deal. See where that takes you. Your argument is simply empty.
2) I didn't go "all imperial" on anyone. I said pretty clearly that I think that there are certain things that shouldn't be changed if they don't need to be changed. In other words...that I don't like changing stuff just for the sake of making it different. Chichiryuushintei and now you are the ones that blew these personal opinions out of proportion.

Gary29
2015-04-28, 10:29
I still think they can make the match against Diodora to be the first RG. But it worries me that they seem to be saving 3 whole episodes for the rest of V7.

It was mentioned in 04 that "...if we (Sona and Rias) ever have a Game." so it's possible that they'll insert the Rias-Sona Rating Game into early-s4. Just have her match with Seekvaira be now (off-screen of course) with Diodora's. But that'd take a lot of re-writing assistance from Ishibumi since they know one another's powers now.

aw454wtr
2015-04-28, 22:51
Good thing Xenovia is a tactical thinker who never acts rashly or impulsively.

Oh, wait...

Rias could just send Kiba after tsubaki and let xenovia handle the others and make sure Ise keeps Ascalon for saji

Seafoam
2015-04-28, 23:07
It was mentioned in 04 that "...if we (Sona and Rias) ever have a Game." so it's possible that they'll insert the Rias-Sona Rating Game into early-s4. Just have her match with Seekvaira be now (off-screen of course) with Diodora's. But that'd take a lot of re-writing assistance from Ishibumi since they know one another's powers now.

I think that was just an easter egg for the LN readers. Although apparently Ishibumi wasn't very fond of Reverse and regretted writing it into the story, so this may have been his choice.

Starway
2015-04-28, 23:56
I think that was just an easter egg for the LN readers. Although apparently Ishibumi wasn't very fond of Reverse and regretted writing it into the story, so this may have been his choice.

Yeah it was a real overpowered piece of shit and completely unfair not to mention such a handy ability was never use again I'd be happy if they wrote it out of the story and make sona team actually earn taking out 4 members of gremory.

Biohazardous
2015-04-29, 08:07
Wonder how they will switch it up for taking out members anyway. Also Saiji is suppose to be praised so they still have to work that out. Seeing how Loki had a lil issue getting the line off they would be dumb to think one of them could easily take it off. Saiji even said it's not easy to take off.

aw454wtr
2015-04-29, 22:03
Am i the only person who thinks instead of odin wasting time to send mjolinr replica odin could have just used that time to send thor to take down loki with the real hammer

Chichiryuushintei
2015-04-29, 22:17
Am i the only person who thinks instead of odin wasting time to send mjolinr replica odin could have just used that time to send thor to take down loki with the real hammer

For all we know DxD-Thor might not care about Loki's intentions. Or he was busy or some shit, he never appeared so we can't know for certain.

Weather
2015-04-29, 22:52
For all we know DxD-Thor might not care about Loki's intentions. Or he was busy or some shit, he never appeared so we can't know for certain.

In the LN they were sure he wasn't gonna lend Mjolnir.

Also here he is stronger than Odin, as he is in the top 10 strongest in the world.

Wandering Soul
2015-04-29, 23:15
It's possible that Thor was occupied at the time and could not come to help himself. Considering that Thor is in the top 10 strongest there would not be much of a fight if he did join.

Always86
2015-04-30, 03:18
I may be remembering something else but didn't they send DxD a mjolinir replica not the real thing?

Chichiryuushintei
2015-04-30, 05:15
I may be remembering something else but didn't they send DxD a mjolinir replica not the real thing?

In the LN they sent a replica, in the anime they sent the real one.

Biohazardous
2015-04-30, 08:08
Wait til Thor finds out his hammer is missing. Right when he swings the final blow it goes flying back to Thor lol. :p Sorry wanted to be silly. :D

Chichiryuushintei
2015-04-30, 08:14
Wait til Thor finds out his hammer is missing. Right when he swings the final blow it goes flying back to Thor lol. :p Sorry wanted to be silly. :D

I actually would love for Thor to make a quick appearance in the anime to retrieve Mjolnir after the Loki fight, I want to know how different from the Marvel one Ishibumi imagines Thor to look like. :p

Biohazardous
2015-04-30, 08:21
That would be cool but what would he say to him. Maybe encourage him to get stronger? Also say thank you for taking care of Loki for him since he was out doing blah blah.

Chichiryuushintei
2015-04-30, 08:30
That would be cool but what would he say to him. Maybe encourage him to get stronger? Also say thank you for taking care of Loki for him since he was out doing blah blah.

I think it'd be something more like Thor's reaction when the red dude lifts his hammer like nothing. It'd be even worse since Ise did it with the help of the God(dess?) of Breasts
And then, he'd cry together with Ddraig and go to the psychiatrist Albion went. :D

DragoMuseveni
2015-04-30, 09:18
Ok , when did the anime said that the hammer was the real mjolinir was sent or not the replica because i`m confused . In the LN it was said that barakiel and odin made that replica hammer to be used by Ise only for a little time ...

Chichiryuushintei
2015-04-30, 09:29
Ok , when did the anime said that the hammer was the real mjolinir was sent or not the replica because i`m confused . In the LN it was said that barakiel and odin made that replica hammer to be used by Ise only for a little time ...

In the anime they said Odin would go back to Valhalla to get Mjolnir. Never used the word replica.

Biohazardous
2015-04-30, 09:34
Maybe in another episode they will mention it's a replica. We can't say for sure its not til it's used and given back with no mention of it being a replica.

Armando99
2015-04-30, 19:45
You are right @Drago, the LN explicitly said that it was a replica. Also, Odin was carrying it with him at the time of the first battle with Loki (I think).

Chichiryuushintei
2015-04-30, 20:02
You are right @Drago, the LN explicitly said that it was a replica. Also, Odin was carrying it with him at the time of the first battle with Loki I think).

In the LN they only used it in the final fight. Only after the first they asked for someone to make it. (Asgard Dwarves or something like that).

Armando99
2015-04-30, 20:11
In the LN they only used it in the final fight. Only after the first they asked for someone to make it. (Asgard Dwarves or something like that).

Wasn't that the chain?

Chichiryuushintei
2015-04-30, 20:18
Wasn't that the chain?

That was something they got after Midgardsorm told them about Fenrir. But the Mjolnir replica also only got there at the final fight, Ise even asked why Vali didn't use it.

Armando99
2015-04-30, 20:25
OK! Thank you.

Biohazardous
2015-05-01, 07:55
1 more day for another episode. :D

Chichiryuushintei
2015-05-01, 09:27
Ishibumi posted this in his blog:

もう5月なこの頃

気づいたら、もう5月ですね。
早いし、なんだか、暖かくなってきました。

原作の情報は、前回のブログの更新でお話しした通りなので、特にこれといって新情報は……。
以前お話したかもしれませんが、BD・DVDの特典小説が、今回本編に少々関連した作りっていうのがありま す。
企画がここにきてボツになるってことがない限り、原作本編では現状やれないことをやろうと思っ てます。
イッセーとヒロイン達の将来……というよりも、次の世代が気になる方はぜひとも要チェックしていただきたい かなと。
多分、その手の妄想が好きな方にはたまらない逸品になるかなと。
今月辺りに特典小説の特報打ちます。
NARUTOの映画に感化されたのかも……。

さて、アニメの情報です。
先日発売されたメガミマガジン6月号には、読者全員サービスでハイスクールD×DBorNのドラマCDの応 募券が付きます。
このドラマCDは、原作短編集DX1巻に収録されている「あぶだくしょんERO」です。
このほかに、アニメ三期関連のBD・DVD特典ドラマCDや雑誌のドラマCD、OADなどは、できるだけ有 り余っている原作短編から拾おうかというコンセプトがあります。
なので、これらの関連物は、原作の短編を再現してます。
映像化に向いてそうなのは、OAD、しゃべりくり倒したほうが面白そうなのはドラマCDという具合でしょう か。
アニメの役者さんがはっちゃける原作短編のドラマCDなどが気になる方はチェックしてみてくだ さい。

アニメのほうですが。
原作からの主な変更点が若手悪魔連合によるロキ迎撃戦です。
イッセーたちは原作のこの時点より強化されてます。
イッセーは翼が生える状態になっており、小猫も火車を設定先行で使用しております。
匙も鎧化の前兆を見せていて、イリナも天使のパワーが底上げされてます。
あと、ミョルニルもレプリカではなく、本物を赤龍帝が使えるように改良してます。
今回、大きな再構築案となったのがこの部分でした。
以前にもお話した通り、ひとつの章(二章)が完結ということもあり、一期二期で消化されていない伏線(朱乃 やアースガルズなど)を三期で出来うる限りやろうというコンセプトと、特に三期で登場の新たなヒロインの活 躍は必要であり、ロスヴァイセや天使となったイリナも活躍させねばなりません。
映像に出す以上、ロスヴァイセを活躍させぬまま二章完結にはできませんでした。
そのためのロキ戦でありました。

原作ロキ戦の集団戦闘メンバーだと敵味方含めてひとつの戦場で展開するにはあまりにメンツが多すぎるため、 アニメなりの解釈でメンバーを選抜しており、その上で描いていただいております。
……やっぱり、あの人数に鎧化二名、敵味方に混在する怪獣軍団までもが活躍する戦場は劇場公開でもないとな かなかに厳しいです。
原作で怪獣多すぎましたね。

次の5話は朱乃の話をやりますので、デートやあのシーンもきちんとあります。
そして、原作6巻のお話は一期二期同様、ほぼ原作通りにやります。
あのシーンが原作以上に格好良く迫力あるものにしていただいておりますのでぜひご期待ください 。
それと、ヴァーリの三期の活躍は後半でえらいことになります。
乳神に関しましても、形は変わりますが、設定の補完は最終回まで見ていただければわかるかなと 思います。

そのようなわけで今日はここまで。

The Google Translation:

Around this time of another May

If you notice, It is already May.
And to fast, somehow, it has been getting warmer.

The original of information, because as has been talk in the last blog update, new information, especially say this ....
You may have previously talk, but benefits novels of BD · DVD is, there are the Tteyuu make associated little to this story.
As long as there is no thing to me planning is dead issue come here, in the original story we wanted to try to do that no Yare status quo.
Rather than Issey and heroines of the future ..., who next generation is anxious by all means check it out and I want kana to.
Perhaps, to become kana gem dying for those who like the delusion of their hands.
We will beat dispatch Benefits novel this month Atari.
...... Maybe it has been inspired by the NARUTO movie.

Well, it is the information of the animation.
The other day was released Megami Magazine June issue, it will have the application ticket drama CD of high school D × DBorN readers all services.
This drama CD is being recorded to the original short stories DX1 Volume "abduction ERO".
In addition to this, anime three quarters related BD · DVD bonus drama CD and magazine drama CD, such as OAD, there is a concept to pick up emergence from the original short story that is as much as possible a whole lot.
So, these related products will have to reproduce the original short.
Nanoha so suitable for imaging, OAD, and whether a talk chestnut and defeated better is interesting would be the degree of drama CD.
Such as the animation of the actors of the original short story that kicking is crawling drama CD is please try to check those who are worried.

How can more of anime.
The main changes from the original is the Loki interception game by young devil Union.
Issey us has been enhanced from this point of the original.
Issey is ready to wing grows, also has been used in the configuration preceding the fire vehicles small cat.
Spoon even though the show aura of Yoroi-ka, Irina also angel of power has been bottom-up.
After, Mjolnir is also not a replica, I have to improve the real thing as use red Ryutei.
This time, became a major restructuring plan it was this part.
As previously was talk also, there is also one of the chapter (two chapters) is that complete, and the concept of trying to do as far as possible foreshadowing that have not been digested with one stage second phase (such as Shu乃 and Asgard) in a three-stage , in particular activities of a new heroine appeared in a three-stage is necessary, also Irina became a Rosuvu~aise and angel must take into is active.
More than just put out on the video, it was not possible in two chapters complete remains which is not allowed to active the Rosuvu~aise.
It was there in Loki game for that.

Since the original To expand in one of the battlefield is it collective battle members of Loki game and including friend or foe too Apartments is large, has been selected Members in the interpretation of Nari animation, we have drawn on it.
...... After all, Yoroi-ka two people to that number of people, the battlefield also is active until the monster corps mixed in friend or foe is a quite tough and not a theatrical release.
It was a monster too many in the original.

Because the next five episodes will do the story of Shu乃, you also neatly dating and that scene.
And, talk of the original six volumes one stage second phase similar, you'll do almost the original street.
Please expect all means because that scene is I am to what is nicely powerful than the original.
At the same, we of Valle of three quarters will be taken to helluva in the second half.
Even doing Breast God, but the form will change, completion of the setting, I would wonder if seen if you can look to the last times.

In such a not so far today.

I don't understand much, but I'm losing my shit with this. Never change Google Translate, never change...

DragoMuseveni
2015-05-01, 09:35
So it means that the next five episodes won`t change anything from the LN ... Also it seems that the anime producers wanted to give Ross and irina more action . Well thats good .

And the last fight will have some parts changed as well the apparition of chichigami . Lets hope they will do it right

Biohazardous
2015-05-01, 09:41
Well he approved so maybe it will be the way he wished he did it.

Chichiryuushintei
2015-05-01, 09:42
So it means that the next five episodes won`t change anything from the LN ... Also it seems that the anime producers wanted to give Ross and irina more action . Well thats good .

And the last fight will have some parts changed as well the apparition of chichigami . Lets hope they will do it right

Oh, thanks.

Maybe now LN worshippers will stop freaking out. And Best Girl Ross never has enough screentime.

If they are going to change the Chichigami bit, I wonder how it will be done. It could make it better, but it could also take the little step it needs to stop being funny.

Oh, can you tell what this "Shu乃" means? For google tranlate to keep it like that instead of mistranslating the fuck out of it makes it stand out so much (to my eyes at least).

DragoMuseveni
2015-05-01, 09:48
Shu乃 i believe means akeno or shuri but i`m not sure about it .

Gary29
2015-05-01, 10:23
Oh, thanks.

Maybe now LN worshippers will stop freaking out. And Best Girl Ross never has enough screentime.

If they are going to change the Chichigami bit, I wonder how it will be done. It could make it better, but it could also take the little step it needs to stop being funny.

Oh, can you tell what this "Shu乃" means? For google tranlate to keep it like that instead of mistranslating the fuck out of it makes it stand out so much (to my eyes at least).

Shu乃 in Google Translate is Akeno. Also, you have great taste in best girl. :heh:

So the next 5 episodes will be Akeno's story, volume 6 will get a near-perfect adaptation, JD will feel even more powerful than the original, and I think Vali's gonna play a big role in the second half of BorN (which we know).

I wonder what form Chichigami's gonna come in. There's no way a God of Breasts can not turn into a comedy moment.

The rest of the info from Ishi's blog. (http://highschooldxd.wikia.com/wiki/User_blog:Xhatefate/DxD_Updates~#comm-50618)

Chichiryuushintei
2015-05-01, 10:30
Shu乃 in Google Translate is Akeno. Also, you have great taste in best girl. :heh:

So the next 5 episodes will be Akeno's story, volume 6 will get a near-perfect adaptation, JD will feel even more powerful than the original, and I think Vali's gonna play a big role in the second half of BorN (which we know).

I wonder what form Chichigami's gonna come in. There's no way a God of Breasts can not turn into a comedy moment.

The rest of the info from Ishi's blog. (http://highschooldxd.wikia.com/wiki/User_blog:Xhatefate/DxD_Updates~#comm-50618)

5 episodes only for Akeno? WOT DA FUQ? What about the epitome of non-loli cuteness Asia-chan? :upset::(

Gary29
2015-05-01, 10:31
5 episodes only for Akeno? WOT DA FUQ? What about the epitome of non-loli cuteness Asia-chan? :upset::(

I'm not sure how accurate that translation is. But either way I wouldn't worry since Ishibumi promised a pretty much-perfect v6 adaptation.

EDIT: According to 4chan since I don't wanna try and translate the entire thing right now, there's mention of some heavy foreshadowing coming. Cao Cao? :D

G147
2015-05-01, 10:48
How the hell did Google Translate Episode 5 to Next 5 episodes. :heh:

Chichiryuushintei
2015-05-01, 11:04
How the hell did Google Translate Episode 5 to Next 5 episodes. :heh:

I've seen GT translate the name of a bird into the name of a country. This is quite understandable in comparison.
But I didn't think of that, thanks. As an Asia-fan I'm calmer now.

Seafoam
2015-05-01, 11:10
According to 4chan since I don't wanna try and translate the entire thing right now, there's mention of some heavy foreshadowing coming. Cao Cao? :D

Yes PLEASE TNK :love:

Chichiryuushintei
2015-05-01, 11:36
@Gary29: If they show Cao Cao it'd be really cool. But it could also be foreshadowing for the RG against Sairaorg.

Archilla
2015-05-01, 11:46

My hype for this moment is increasing constantly...

Chichiryuushintei
2015-05-01, 11:55

http://i.imgur.com/6IjYKvr.gif
http://i.imgur.com/8eRCO9Y.gif
I needed two, because one isn't enough.

I think everyone will be blown far away and the building will be destroyed even further upon the JD releasing, since we don't need Kiba's narration in the anime like in the LN.

DragoMuseveni
2015-05-01, 12:15
I just want to see both Ise and Vali JD .

Biohazardous
2015-05-01, 12:16
Remember Ddraig told them to RUN!

Seafoam
2015-05-01, 12:26
I'd love for it to just end with the episode cutting out to black while Ddraig says
You... made the wrong choice.

Chichiryuushintei
2015-05-01, 12:38
I'd love for it to just end with the episode cutting out to black while Ddraig says

I'm drooling just by thinking of it... hmm, awesomeness...

Biohazardous
2015-05-01, 12:46
I have an extra bucket want one?

Chichiryuushintei
2015-05-01, 12:48
Nah, I can handle it. :p

Archilla
2015-05-01, 13:09

That'd be insanely sick for us, but the anime-only folks would probably want a hair more.

"You..."

*Fade to black*

"made the wrong choice."

*Red eyes flash open, cutting through the darkness*

"GWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAH!!!!!"

*Episode ends*

Edit:

Ohhhh to add to the fun:

*Immediate next episode after that cliffhanger*

*We open on the zoomed out view above the shrine where the fight takes place, sky in background, ideally night*

*The silence is cut by the scream from the last episode, red energy blowing the roof off of the shrine*

*Next series of shots is not Issei, but the astonished faces of his companions, looking at him. who we cannot yet see*

*Final shot turns to the terrified face of Shalba*

"What... the..."

*Issei, still screaming in pain, in undergoing JD transformation*

*Badass transformation to end all badass transformation occurs*

*Issei's head snaps up, eyes locking on Shalba. A low growl is heard*

Anndddddd Intro XD

In a perfect world, we'd get a special opening with far more melancholy undertones.

Biohazardous
2015-05-01, 13:11
Putting it like that omg omg omg. *nosebleed faint. :p

Tbolt
2015-05-01, 13:27
LOL Bio we are going to have to give you an injection...be prepared.

Biohazardous
2015-05-01, 13:34
I'll make sure to have a paperbag to breathe in. Maybe Gasper will let me borrow his. You guys know I think Ise/Ddraig are awesome.

Archilla
2015-05-01, 13:37
I'll make sure to have a paperbag to breathe in. Maybe Gasper will let me borrow his. You guys know I think Ise/Ddraig are awesome.

To be fair, this is far and away the most badass moment in the series. Like, the second IMO is when he rolfstomps Sairaorg's Queen due to being so pissed, and that's miles behind this scene.

Also, I forgot to add the chant to my little scene. Guddayum this scene will be epic.

Edit: And I forgot we get Longinus Smasher here. Volume 6 is flooding back to me.

*Hype increases*

Biohazardous
2015-05-01, 14:05
Keep reminding of the goodness and I might need an EMT on standby. Having the right tone and such during chant can also make it more epic.

GDB
2015-05-01, 19:30
I'm thinking it'll follow the novel breaks. So the previous episode ends with Asia being engulfed in the rays of light, leaving anime only views wondering what happened (or getting the revelation from the preview). From there, the next episode starts with everyone's reactions, and if the anime only viewers weren't spoiled (from those here (DON'T SPOIL IT LIKE YOU GUYS TRY TO SPOIL EVERYTHING ELSE) or from the preview), the loss will hit them just as hard as everyone else because they'd go in thinking it wasn't anything important, only to find out she "died".

From there, the "You made the wrong decision" will likely be the half way mark of the episode, so we'll hear it twice (once before the cut card, and once after it). The curbstomp then ensues.

KnightShade
2015-05-01, 22:07
so yay or nay on the RG happening? in know most of the development from it has been used last episode but saji wont get any rep from sirzechs/odin if they skip it.

Seafoam
2015-05-01, 22:18
Nay. I'm fine with it being gone. Vol 6 being adapted faithfully and the last part of Vol 7 is all I really need for this season to be great for me anyways.

Chichiryuushintei
2015-05-01, 22:20
so yay or nay on the RG happening? in know most of the development from it has been used last episode but saji wont get any rep from sirzechs/odin if they skip it.

We don't know, someone (Don't remember if here or in the wikia) said they could only show certain key parts of a TV broadcast version of it. Sounds interesting.

About Saji, he was able to keep a hold on Loki, the Evil Trickster God. That deserves far more respect than being able to get beaten up by Ise.

KnightShade
2015-05-01, 22:29
We don't know, someone (Don't remember if here or in the wikia) said they could only show certain key parts of a TV broadcast version of it. Sounds interesting.

About Saji, he was able to keep a hold on Loki, the Evil Trickster God. That deserves far more respect than being able to get beaten up by Ise.

hmm... interesting indeed

true, just wish more people could of been around to see his improvements like during the RG. beggers cant be choosers i guess :eyespin:

Chichiryuushintei
2015-05-02, 12:04
My thoughts for this episode:

Fenrir was nerfed in the same LN volume and the same way, so him being weaker here doesn't really bother me.

Akeno's development was kinda rushed, but I'll wait for subs to actually form an opinion about that.

They kept the girls spying on the date xD That was one of my favorite things from Volume 7, so I'm really happy about that.

Bilingual, the ultimate gentlemanly technique makes it's first appearence! And it was glorious!

The only thing that actually bothered me was how Ise was able to use Mjolnir without a problem. Maybe the subs will clear it up, but it's really weird.

Overall 8.5/10 scriptwise. May change depended on how the subs clear it up.

Next episode preview shows Bitchdora, so they will start the Volume 6 part, HYPE!!

P.S.: I'll post a more detailed review in the wikia after the subs are out, if anyone is interested. :P

KnightShade
2015-05-02, 12:42
loved the date with akeno. wished they included barakiel thinking issei eats breast from the ln, but they snuck in bilingual without sona knowing about it, which means the rating game can happen still. the girls were not subtle about spying on isseis date lol. saji getting so hype when sona thanks him lol. koneko saying nya = 10/10 episode. and kuroka cares about her little shirone lol

8.5/10, would have been a 9 due to pacing issues and ln omissions

Gary29
2015-05-02, 12:45
So who wants to place bets that the curse Loki placed on Ise will somehow substitute for Fenrir's early-capture (well, being nerfed so badly it's not like he would've done much anyway)?

Chichiryuushintei
2015-05-02, 12:48
So who wants to place bets that the curse Loki placed on Ise will somehow substitute for Fenrir's early-capture (well, being nerfed so badly it's not like he would've done much anyway)?

Hmmm, there is a Ise VS Vali fight in the OP, maybe Ise gets brainwashed. Still have to watch the sub version so can't say much about that.

Gary29
2015-05-02, 13:19
.......I just realized that Akeno's development is already finished.

Now I'm sad.

Yep, Chichigami breaking Ise of that curse in the final fight is probably how things are going to go. And that's why they need an entire episode more to finish v7.

Seafoam
2015-05-02, 13:47
I'll give TNK all my money to see the two in JD fighting each other.

Archilla
2015-05-02, 13:53
Interesting tidbit, in the Funi blog post that announced the cast changes for the BornN dub (Issei's and Akeno's VAs have changed) they note Raynare VA appearing in a "one-time flashback". Hopefully that at least quells the fear that Raynare is gonna be popping up like crazy to wave Issei's trauma in our faces.

KnightShade
2015-05-02, 13:58

here, have the internet!

Chichiryuushintei
2015-05-02, 14:00
Interesting tidbit, in the Funi blog post that announced the cast changes for the BornN dub (Issei's and Akeno's VAs have changed) they note Raynare VA appearing in a "one-time flashback". Hopefully that at least quells the fear that Raynare is gonna be popping up like crazy to wave Issei's trauma in our faces.
I lost that fear in episode 3.
She only appeared in episode 1, I doubt she'll have more than 2 or 3 appearences total. If she appears again at all.

Weather
2015-05-02, 14:14
Loved the episode.

Loki WILL be back, that's for sure.

Tbolt
2015-05-02, 14:53
I liked the episode but I find myself fighting thinking back to the LN so I have to work on that and just enjoy the anime.

aimzii
2015-05-02, 15:03
About the light novels its been so long ago since the last one was translated even 19 is out now.
This is probably said and asked a lot and i know the persons translating are doing it for a hobby, but is there anyone whose willing to stand up and translate the last 2?

Archilla
2015-05-02, 15:10
About the light novels its been so long ago since the last one was translated even 19 is out now.
This is probably said and asked a lot and i know the persons translating are doing it for a hobby, but is there anyone whose willing to stand up and translate the last 2?

Give it time, man. You know how spoiled we are that we've gotten this many high-quality translations from one guy? I'm sure he's close to finishing 18, which will be plenty for me for a bit. I love this series, but we've got other cool stuff to check out too.

Enjoy the anime in the mean time. With the second half approaching, one of the most famous LN moments of all is coming up quickly.

Side note: I'm positive Imperial is trying to Force Choke you through the internet right now.

aimzii
2015-05-02, 15:15
Give it time, man. You know how spoiled we are that we've gotten this many high-quality translations from one guy? I'm sure he's close to finishing 18, which will be plenty for me for a bit. I love this series, but we've got other cool stuff to check out too.

Enjoy the anime in the mean time. With the second half approaching, one of the most famous LN moments of all is coming up quickly.

Side note: I'm positive Imperial is trying to Force Choke you through the internet right now.

Yeah i agree with you and im really amazed from codezero that he translated this all.
But i cant tell if hes working on it his last post was in november though. And so far i havent seen any recent news of progress. I dont really need to know about progress tho. All i want to know if someone is working on it?

Archilla
2015-05-02, 15:18
Yeah i agree with you and im really amazed from codezero that he translated this all.
But i cant tell if hes working on it his last post was in november though. And so far i havent seen any recent news of progress. I dont really need to know about progress tho. All i want to know if someone is working on it?

Actually, his last update was 3/15, which was Life 3. And no, I can't imagine someone would be side-translating it. It's actually a fairly large project, and again, we're very lucky to get this much of it.

aimzii
2015-05-02, 15:21
Actually, his last update was 3/15, which was Life 3. And no, I can't imagine someone would be side-translating it. It's actually a fairly large project, and again, we're very lucky to get this much of it.

Oh no way? On his blog i could only see his last message that was in november. Does he has a other website where i can see? Thanks alot for replying

Archilla
2015-05-02, 15:25
Oh no way? On his blog i could only see his last message that was in november. Does he has a other website where i can see? Thanks alot for replying

Just look to the right of his blog. It says "Code-Zero's Recent Message".

Malicre
2015-05-02, 15:59

isn't his Trilina form or w/e its called basically on par with JD?

Chichiryuushintei
2015-05-02, 16:03
isn't his Trilina form or w/e its called basically on par with JD?

No, Triaina is the alternative he got with the help of two past Sekiryuuteis, but it's nowhere as stong as JD, not even CCQ is as strong as a complete JD.

Archilla
2015-05-02, 16:55
Having just finished watching the first ep of the BorN dub, I'd like to let everyone know about some stuff:

-Issei's voice actor has changed to Josh Grelle, making the show sound like pervy Freezing, even though he's more talented than Scott was

-Akeno's voice actor has changed to Kelly Angel, who is apparently completely Google-proof, and makes Akeno sound really just generic

-The episode contains an Over 9000 joke

-The scene where Issei calls Rias Buchou outside of the new house and Rias reflects on it has now been changed to include Issei calling Rias "Big Red." Dead serious there.

-I have a sneaking suspicion that Ddraig has also been recast, as his voice sounds off

-Azazel sounds as boss as ever

Chichiryuushintei
2015-05-02, 17:01
Having just finished watching the first ep of the BorN dub, I'd like to let everyone know about some stuff:

-Issei's voice actor has changed to Josh Grelle, making the show sound like pervy Freezing, even though he's more talented than Scott was

-Akeno's voice actor has changed to Kelly Angel, who is apparently completely Google-proof, and makes Akeno sound really just generic

-The episode contains an Over 9000 joke

-The scene where Issei calls Rias Buchou outside of the new house and Rias reflects on it has now been changed to include Issei calling Rias "Big Red." Dead serious there.

-I have a sneaking suspicion that Ddraig has also been recast, as his voice sounds off

-Azazel sounds as boss as ever
Y U do this? I was a lot happy with today's episode and you come and give me this. Seriously, I want to cry. But my tears won't come out. Y U do this?

Gary29
2015-05-02, 17:03
GDK, didn't you know? In Funi's dub, Rias is 666, Great Red's twin, otherwise known as Big Red. :cool:

Archilla
2015-05-02, 17:05
Y U do this? I was a lot happy with today's episode and you come and give me this. Seriously, I want to cry. But my tears won't come out. Y U do this?

Because it upset me so much that I spit Diet Coke all over my floor while watching the ep.

He says it in a silly voice, so maybe there's hope it's a joke, but it's literally taking the "For you president, I would even give my life" line from the Funi subs and inserting "Big Red."

I'm at a loss for words.

Seafoam
2015-05-02, 17:09
No, Triaina is the alternative he got with the help of two past Sekiryuuteis, but it's nowhere as stong as JD, not even CCQ is as strong as a complete JD.

We don't really know how strong a complete JD is though. The closest chance we would've seen was Vali against Fenrir but we never got to see it through. I would think CCQ is superior to JD tbh.

Chichiryuushintei
2015-05-02, 17:14
We don't really know how strong a complete JD is though. The closest chance we would've seen was Vali against Fenrir but we never got to see it through. I would think CCQ is superior to JD tbh.

JD is stated to release the seals in the Heavely Dragons powers giving access to a power greater than a Maou or a God to the possessor. So Complete Jugernaut Drive = Heavenly Dragon's strenght. And that's far beyond Vali's Empireo Overdrive, ISe's CCQ can't even compare at the moment.

Gary29
2015-05-02, 17:24
JD is stated to release the seals in the Heavely Dragons powers giving access of this power greater than a Maou or a God to the possessor. So Complete Jugernaut Drive = Heavenly Dragon's strenght.

That's what I used to think too. But I've come to assume that "power" equals "techniques". Providing you with power equal to a God could be attributed to the power output of Longinus Smasher. If JD truly released power equal to that of the Heavenly Dragons, why is it emphasized that EJOD can reach the Gods when it's a known fact that Heavenly Dragon strength > most Gods?

Chichiryuushintei
2015-05-02, 17:31
That's what I used to think too. But I've come to assume that "power" equals "techniques". Providing you with power equal to a God could be attributed to the power output of Longinus Smasher. If JD truly released power equal to that of the Heavenly Dragons, why is it emphasized that EJOD can reach the Gods when it's a known fact that Heavenly Dragon strength > most Gods?
This is my interpretation:
The key words are "Complete" and "Incomplete".

Like CCQ, EJOD is incomplete and unstable, so it can't possibly match a complete JD. But once Ise and Vali complete their respective modes, it could probably go even further than the complete JD in terms of strenght.

TL;DR

Incomplete JD < Incomplete CCQ < Incomplete EJOD < Complete JD

Complete CCQ = Complete EJOD = or > Complete JD

Wandering Soul
2015-05-02, 18:54

You have to be kidding. Is Rias supposed to be related to Great Red or something?

Archilla
2015-05-02, 19:21
You have to be kidding. Is Rias supposed to be related to Great Red or something?

Again, dead serious. I guess that's their attempt at dealing with the name issue.

Wargumm1i
2015-05-02, 20:37
I'm not all that happy with the direction the anime is taking... I love High School DxD, but the back and forth with the volumes and many things being skipped. Is like taking a big dump on it. I love it and hate it...

jopjopjop
2015-05-02, 22:34
I'm not all that happy with the direction the anime is taking... I love High School DxD, but the back and forth with the volumes and many things being skipped. Is like taking a big dump on it. I love it and hate it...

A sacrifice has to be made. They are gearing up for the fourth season; if probable/possible. That's why Volume 6 will be animated as close to the source as possible as that Volume connects to Volume 9 because of the involvement of the Hero Factions.

Though them more likely not animating the Sitri game is a big uggh as that is an essential element with the Young Devils Rating Game theme. Still hoping they can establish the plot around that.

Malicre
2015-05-02, 22:57
i never cared to much for volumes 6/7/8 outside the JD fight. 9/10/11/12 they better not mess up.

Biohazardous
2015-05-02, 23:00
Yes they better not eff up the other volumes.

DOmus
2015-05-02, 23:03
It will be funny if a season 4 is made where everything ends mixed like this one, just to be able to do another season, same as how the current situation is.

Seafoam
2015-05-03, 00:01
The whole reason they did that this season so that it wouldn't have to happen in a future season. That wouldn't be very funny ;_;

Starway
2015-05-03, 00:22
The whole reason they did that this season so that it wouldn't have to happen in a future season. That wouldn't be very funny ;_;

I think the fans would be out for blood well me at lest:heh:

sunsengnim
2015-05-03, 01:54
It will be funny if a season 4 is made where everything ends mixed like this one, just to be able to do another season, same as how the current situation is.

They did volume 5/6/7 now so they wouldn't have to do so.

Season 4 will return to being 2 volumes a season.

Stop being such drama queens... god having to read all this crying and whining when it's actually not bad.

I'm actually really liking the changes we're getting a different interpretation of the source material which is literally getting 2 for the price of one.

Except for one scene of Issei comforting Akeno and showing he actually really cares for the girls and in turn shows he has more depth and love for the girls then 99% of the harems mc's which truly set him apart from everyone else.

Apart from that one scene everything is FINE how about you just try to enjoy it instead of trying to find faults.

It's because you're all in that mindset of "it's not exactly how i want it" you only find things to crap on.

Royalknightftw
2015-05-03, 02:24

Stop being such drama queens... god having to read all this crying and whining when it's actually not bad.

I'm actually really liking the changes we're getting a different interpretation of the source material which is literally getting 2 for the price of one.

Except for one scene of Issei comforting Akeno and showing he actually really cares for the girls and in turn shows he has more depth and love for the girls then 99% of the harems mc's which truly set him apart from everyone else.

Apart from that one scene everything is FINE how about you just try to enjoy it instead of trying to find faults.

It's because you're all in that mindset of "it's not exactly how i want it" you only find things to crap on.

But still, they should have just made it into 1 vol=4/5 episodes instead of mixing things and taking a lot of liberties from the original material.
It just feels so rushed and wrong. I know they are trying to make other characters feel significant in the story, but it only makes things feel so cramped and out of place. Why dont they save the hype for say Irina, Ross and Sairaorg for the upcoming season? Or perhaps don't hype them at all.
Even in Anime viewer POV, this current season feels so.....RUSHED AS HELL

DOmus
2015-05-03, 03:31

Not gonna even try and tell you why I dont like the majority of chapters since you are a fanboy, its hard to be objectic and disscuss in that situation.

DragoMuseveni
2015-05-03, 03:45

Don`t bother mate to calm them down . They will stop raging when volume 6 will be adapted ( as we known ) and after the adaptation they will start over and over again until season 4 when TNK returns to 2volume adaptation.

EDIT : I wonder if that curse will activate when ise will go into JD

sunsengnim
2015-05-03, 04:53
Don`t bother mate to calm them down . They will stop raging when volume 6 will be adapted ( as we known ) and after the adaptation they will start over and over again until season 4 when TNK returns to 2volume adaptation.

EDIT : I wonder if that curse will activate when ise will go into JD

Sadly i think you're quite right Drago i'll just give up on trying to reason with them.

I'm really interested in where they'll go with the whole Loki curse thing it's one of the reasons i'm quite happy with this season because it keeps you on your toes you have a general idea of what's coming next but you're never really prepared for what they'll throw into the mix to stir it all up.

G147
2015-05-03, 05:01
Well not everyone hates it, i did like the episode but the lack of explanation and making Akeno's development a subplot kinda lower its scores for me. But on the bright side, we're on to Volume 6 so lets not get caught up in episode 5 and go ahead to enjoy the next episode.

Always86
2015-05-03, 07:01

How come they are dubbing quickly? Not that it matters as I only watch the sub, didn't get along with the dub in season one, but like to support the show.

ImperialFlameGod8190
2015-05-03, 07:27
How come they are dubbing quickly? Not that it matters as I only watch the sub, didn't get along with the dub in season one, but like to support the show.

because of the fact that there's this perception that in order to keep series strong its better to have the dub when the original is still fresh. That way they can capitalize on it quicker.

Chichiryuushintei
2015-05-03, 07:31
Funimation does a "SimulDub" for certain shows. I don't know how it affects the physical release.

Biohazardous
2015-05-03, 08:18
Maybe the Loki curse will replace the one from past possessors?

Chichiryuushintei
2015-05-03, 08:21
Maybe the Loki curse will replace the one from past possessors?

Don't you dare say that. I would rage in such a ragy way even Freed would tell me to calm down.

Biohazardous
2015-05-03, 08:45
Damn even Freed? Lol I only said it cus of the changes and its the first way to use it that comes to mind.

GDB
2015-05-03, 08:56
Don't you dare say that. I would rage in such a ragy way even Freed would tell me to calm down.

I agree that this would be pushing things too far. Though I COULD see it being used as a red herring so people THINK it's Loki's curse that makes him go insane during JD.

Kind of like how people who don't know better think Lancer cursed the Grail in Fate/Zero.

Starway
2015-05-03, 09:00
I agree that this would be pushing things too far. Though I COULD see it being used as a red herring so people THINK it's Loki's curse that makes him go insane during JD.

Kind of like how people who don't know better think Lancer cursed the Grail in Fate/Zero.

Yes but only idiots think that:heh: but in all seriousness if they do did that forget buying it I'd never watch another episode again.

DragoMuseveni
2015-05-03, 09:08
Found on the wikia the next 5 episodes summaries . There we go :
Episode 6:

The second semester starts, and Irina enters the Kuoh Academy. Meanwhile, Diodora, a Devil from Asia's past comes to see her and proposes to her!?

Episode 7:

Diodora challenges Rias to a Rating Game where the winner will receive or keep Asia as their Bishop.

Episode 8:

Diodora kidnaps Asia before the start of the Rating Game and Khaos Brigade attacks in the midst of the chaos. Angered over having Asia taken, Issei vows to defeat Diodora and rescue Asia. Meanwhile, Sirzechs and Azazel starts to take action.

Episode 9:

After successfully fending off the Old Satan Faction, the members present are taken by surprise through the sudden appearance of the Khaos Brigade's leader Ophis.

Episode 10 (ロキふたたび!, Loki Again):

A day after the chaotic Rating Game, Loki arrives again and set his plan in motion again.

Oh yeah the title for Episode 11 & 12 is given as well:

11. ジャガーノート・ドライヴ, Juggernaut Drive
12. 英雄, Hero (Apparently it'll be on the Hero Faction, setup for Season 4?)

Thanks B124 for posting them there . Now i`m kinda affraid what will happen next

GDB
2015-05-03, 09:12
Well, we were told by the author that volume 6 would be left pretty much intact. So we know that'll still happen as it's supposed to. I wouldn't worry about the episode titles much.

ImperialFlameGod8190
2015-05-03, 09:29

Chichi we rarely agree on anything but that one i think we agree u might see a JD from a lot of us.

Found on the wikia the next 5 episodes summaries . There we go :
Episode 6:

The second semester starts, and Irina enters the Kuoh Academy. Meanwhile, Diodora, a Devil from Asia's past comes to see her and proposes to her!?

Episode 7:

Diodora challenges Rias to a Rating Game where the winner will receive or keep Asia as their Bishop.

Episode 8:

Diodora kidnaps Asia before the start of the Rating Game and Khaos Brigade attacks in the midst of the chaos. Angered over having Asia taken, Issei vows to defeat Diodora and rescue Asia. Meanwhile, Sirzechs and Azazel starts to take action.

Episode 9:

After successfully fending off the Old Satan Faction, the members present are taken by surprise through the sudden appearance of the Khaos Brigade's leader Ophis.

Episode 10 (ロキふたたび!, Loki Again):

A day after the chaotic Rating Game, Loki arrives again and set his plan in motion again.

Oh yeah the title for Episode 11 & 12 is given as well:

11. ジャガーノート・ドライヴ, Juggernaut Drive
12. 英雄, Hero (Apparently it'll be on the Hero Faction, setup for Season 4?)

Thanks B124 for posting them there . Now i`m kinda affraid what will happen next

Those episode titles are absolutely infuriating. If those titles are any indication GDB that pretty much part doesnt mean anything because of the fact they're taking out what even now is one of the Top 3 moments in the entire show

Chichiryuushintei
2015-05-03, 09:37
So, I think it'd be for the best Shalba doesn't appear at all. Or at least doesn't fight the ORC, and just is shown to oversee the operation from afar. since the only thing he was good for was to be curbstomped by JD.

And I will be skeptical until someone give me a link to where I can find these summaries.

The really interesting bit is the last one. An episode focused in the Hero Faction? That sounds really cool.

DragoMuseveni
2015-05-03, 09:39
I found them on highschool dxd wikia for more information talk with B214 .

Damn i talked right now like a telephone robot :)))

Lets hope that JD will be on episode 9

ImperialFlameGod8190
2015-05-03, 09:43
So, I think it'd be for the best Shalba doesn't appear at all. Or at least doesn't fight the ORC, and just is shown to oversee the operation from afar. since the only thing he was good for was to be curbstomped by JD.

And I will be skeptical until someone give me a link to where I can find these summaries.

The really interesting bit is the last one. An episode focused in the Hero Faction? That sounds really cool.

when u consider season 4 and volume 9 the hero faction should be introduced (if it was me i'd introduce them on their way to Kyoto to setup the next season along with mentioning the Kyoto trip in that last one).

Royalknightftw
2015-05-03, 09:44

Hmmm, but it might happen. The most proper speculation for now is that Loki's curse will trigger Issei going JD. However if it does happen, how the hell are they gonna introduce Triaina ?

Chichiryuushintei
2015-05-03, 09:49
when u consider season 4 and volume 9 the hero faction should be introduced (if it was me i'd introduce them on their way to Kyoto to setup the next season along with mentioning the Kyoto trip in that last one).

I said it's interesting and it sounds cool. If it's actually going to be good it's a completely different matter.

@Royal, if that happens DxD will never get an anime again to my eyes. Seriously TNK, I can stand all the changes up to now, but don't fuck the power-ups Ise gets.

ImperialFlameGod8190
2015-05-03, 09:53
Hmmm, but it might happen. The most proper speculation for now is that Loki's curse will trigger Issei going JD. However if it does happen, how the hell are they gonna introduce Triaina ?

Quite easily. JD isnt happening during vol 6 looking at the titles in fact he's gonna unleash it against Loki. So the same stuff can still work.

I said it's interesting and it sounds cool. If it's actually going to be good it's a completely different matter.

@Royal, if that happens DxD will never get an anime again to my eyes. Seriously TNK, I can stand all the changes up to now, but don't fuck the power-ups Ise gets.

Whether its good or not is crucial. This season has already screwed it up. Bilingual was handled horribly. and from all indications they've switched JD as well.

Chichiryuushintei
2015-05-03, 09:58
Quite easily. JD isnt happening during vol 6 looking at the titles in fact he's gonna unleash it against Loki. So the same stuff can still work.

Whether its good or not is crucial. This season has already screwed it up. Bilingual was handled horribly. and from all indications they've switched JD as well.

"Bilingual was handled horribly" How can you say something was handled horribly when it didn't even happen? Ise didn't even finished the creation part of it. Heck he doesn't even know how it works exactly or how he'll name it.

About the "Hero" episode: I never said it's something great and that it'll be awesome either way. I'm just saying it's an interesting thing to do and that it could be really cool. Sheesh. We have to wait 7 weeks before knowing it was a good idea or not, calm down.

Royalknightftw
2015-05-03, 10:01
it's not what i and chichi worry the most, it's the chance that TNK might change JD. So instead of the past possessors that makes him go JD it will be the Loki's curse that does it.

ImperialFlameGod8190
2015-05-03, 10:02
Fine chichi i'll calm down. lets see what happens though so far im worried i saw the writing on the wall and i'm seeing more and more that i dont like and clearly neither do you.

^Royal i agree that would be horrifically stupid.

Then again the original JD is probably number 2 on most iconic moment in DxD

Chichiryuushintei
2015-05-03, 10:04
Fine chichi i'll calm down. lets see what happens though so far im worried i saw the writing on the wall and i'm seeing more and more that i dont like and clearly neither do you.

I won't say I don't like something until I watch it. I'm saying if they did this in "X" way, then it would suck. But until the episode is out, nothing proves they are actually doing it in "X", "Y", or "Z" way.

ImperialFlameGod8190
2015-05-03, 10:06
^You and i just cant get along can we :D

Chichiryuushintei
2015-05-03, 10:18
It was a prank. A FUCKING PRANK. B214 should be considered a Troll God or something. Like, right below Gintoki, Bugs Bunny and Woody Woodpecker (The old-school one), he'd be right there.

DragoMuseveni
2015-05-03, 10:27
What is B214 , the son of Aizen or the secret councelor of gintama creator (dunno remember the name)

B214
2015-05-03, 10:27
Well it only worked because everyone was somewhat affected by episode 5. :P

Royalknightftw
2015-05-03, 10:29
Woaah, Nice troll you got there B, it's not even april 1st.

B214
2015-05-03, 10:38
Woaah, Nice troll you got there B, it's not even april 1st.

Thank you ( ._.)/

Gary29
2015-05-03, 11:43

I'm still holding out hope that somehow, some way, they'll re-add a similar scene in S4. It can't be done with the Rias scene so they'd have to find another way to do it. Or at the very least, create a scene that gives the same impactful meaning of how he feels about his girls.

Anyway, I was actually looking forward to the Hero episode but ah well. The best speculation right now seems to be that JD will remain intact and he'll either re-enter it under Loki's control or Loki will give him some sort of a power-up to face JD Vali.

And I still want Le Fay or Cao Cao to appear for S4 foreshadowing.

ImperialFlameGod8190
2015-05-03, 12:34
Well done that was a brutal prank

Chichiryuushintei
2015-05-03, 12:37

I was so relieved I started making a psychotic-ish laugh. Seriously.

GDB
2015-05-03, 14:12

Perhaps you'll take it as a lesson to stop shouting that the sky is falling over every piece of gossip that surfaces?

Chichiryuushintei
2015-05-03, 14:34
Perhaps you'll take it as a lesson to stop shouting that the sky is falling over every piece of gossip that surfaces?

He wouldn't be Imperial anymore, so that'd be weird. e-e
Just let him, it's amusing and I have free time.

ImperialFlameGod8190
2015-05-03, 16:17

When u consider that even Chichi was freaking out i'd say im not the only one whose concerned but o well

Chichiryuushintei
2015-05-03, 16:41
When u consider that even Chichi was freaking out i'd say im not the only one whose concerned but o well

Those titles were evil. 'Nuff said.

ImperialFlameGod8190
2015-05-03, 17:17
Those titles were evil. 'Nuff said.

for once we agree hm its not as fun when we agree it feels like you're anti-Imperial and thats kinda fun

Biohazardous
2015-05-03, 20:43
We still get to wonder about the Loki curse. :p

The 48th Ronin
2015-05-05, 23:15
I actually forgot what the hell is Loki's Curse... :heh:

ImperialFlameGod8190
2015-05-05, 23:32
^Not surprising since that was an anime original idea

~Sovereign~
2015-05-08, 21:28
I have a feeling something will be left out of season 3 from volume 5 6 & 7.

There is still 7 episodes left but we still have 4 key moments left to happen, and i have a feeling something will left out or done incorrectly or something.

1. Sona rating game - This alone can take 2 or 3 episodes to complete.

2. Old satan faction (volume 6) - We have sirzech vs creuserey asmodeus and odin (helped the ORC) vs some of the old satan faction devils. These won't take long to animate but it can't really be skipped over.

3. Diodora rating game/Juggernaut Drive - This whole situation can take 2 episodes at least because Rias' peerage fights diodora's peerage before issei owns him, not to mention the dimension lost device with asia. Then the situation with juggernaut drive will take a chunk of an episode as well.

4. Loki final fight - this looks like it'll be the finale of the season and i can see this going for 3 episodes (2 episodes is possible but it'll rushed IMO).

Not to mention the oppai dragon song and great red appearing briefly.

Seafoam
2015-05-08, 21:32
The Sona RG isn't happening.

Chichiryuushintei
2015-05-08, 21:33
I have a feeling something will be left out of season 3 from volume 5 6 & 7.

There is still 7 episodes left but we still have 4 key moments left to happen, and i have a feeling something will left out or done incorrectly or something.

1. Sona rating game - This alone can take 2 or 3 episodes to complete.

2. Old satan faction (volume 6) - We have sirzech vs creuserey asmodeus and odin (helped the ORC) vs some of the old satan faction devils. These won't take long to animate but it can't really be skipped over.

3. Diodora rating game/Juggernaut Drive - This whole situation can take 2 episodes at least because Rias' peerage fights diodora's peerage before issei owns him, not to mention the dimension lost device with asia. Then the situation with juggernaut drive will take a chunk of an episode as well.

4. Loki final fight - this looks like it'll be the finale of the season and i can see this going for 3 episodes (2 episodes is possible but it'll rushed IMO).

Not to mention the oppai dragon song and great red appearing briefly.
Sona's RG isn't likely to happen anymore, 80% of the development of that fight happened in EP 4.
Going by the leaked episode titles, Volume 6 will take 4 episodes (EP 9 is called Dragon of Dragon) The other 3 are most likely going to focus on Loki's curse.

~Sovereign~
2015-05-08, 21:50
The Sona RG isn't happening.

oh, it got confirmed to be skipped?

Sona's RG isn't likely to happen anymore, 80% of the development of that fight happened in EP 4.
Going by the leaked episode titles, Volume 6 will take 4 episodes (EP 9 is called Dragon of Dragon) The other 3 are most likely going to focus on Loki's curse.

If the rating game is skipped then i see everything else easily fitting, but that sucks because i prefer the rating game over that BS way of giving development in episode 4. It felt like it was coincidental and more like rushed in my opinion.

Hanny King
2015-05-08, 22:03
oh, it got confirmed to be skipped?

If the rating game is skipped then i see everything else easily fitting, but that sucks because i prefer the rating game over that BS way of giving development in episode 4. It felt like it was coincidental and more like rushed in my opinion.

The Sitri game got cut for 3 reasons:

1. Ishibumi didn't like it because of Reverse and highly regrets writing it into the story.
2. Obvious time constraints because 3 volumes this season.
3. There's really no need for it anymore, since we've gotten what we needed out of it in the first Loki fight here (sort of).

Not entirely sure how they're going to do the Oppai Dragon Song (if at all) since the term was developed during the RG with Sitri. Also since everything after the Diodara incident will pretty much be anime-original.

Anyways minor gripes here and there, but having faith in Ishibumi and the Anime Team in rearranging the order of the story to flow better and setup possible 4th or 5th season.

B214
2015-05-08, 22:10
The Sitri game got cut for 3 reasons:

1. Ishibumi didn't like it because of Reverse and highly regrets writing it into the story.
2. Obvious time constraints because 3 volumes this season.
3. There's really no need for it anymore, since we've gotten what we needed out of it in the first Loki fight here (sort of).

Not entirely sure how they're going to do the Oppai Dragon Song (if at all) since the term was developed during the RG with Sitri. Also since everything after the Diodara incident will pretty much be anime-original.

Anyways minor gripes here and there, but having faith in Ishibumi and the Anime Team in rearranging the order of the story to flow better and setup possible 4th or 5th season.

I'm very curious but where has it been mentioned that Ishibumi dislike reverse? Cause those are more like fan speculation than actual fact.

Hanny King
2015-05-08, 22:16
I'm very curious but where has it been mentioned that Ishibumi dislike reverse? Cause those are more like fan speculation than actual fact.

Yeah, came across it multiple times on various forms so I just assumed it to be true. Thought he tweeted about it or something IDK...

Chichiryuushintei
2015-05-08, 22:31

The second PV already has the Oppai Dragon Song done magnificently, so it's already confirmed to happen. And like I said, just have Azazel say he wanted to do it foh da lulz. It's nothing compared to his crazy antics in the Short Stories.

B214
2015-05-08, 22:33
Yeah, came across it multiple times on various forms so I just assumed it to be true. Thought he tweeted about it or something IDK...

Check his twitter but there's no such tweet so Ishibumi disliking Reverse is a fake info.

Archilla
2015-05-08, 22:50
Check his twitter but there's no such tweet so Ishibumi disliking Reverse is a fake info.

It's likely just speculation that grew into misinformation. It's not hard to believe, as reverse was a pretty lame inclusion, and opens up all sorts of "time-turner" plot holes.

Chichiryuushintei
2015-05-08, 22:55
And Reverse was never mentioned/relevant again after V6 IIRC, which makes it even more believable.

Hanny King
2015-05-08, 23:01

Forgive me for the trouble I caused you. Just checked his Twitter, Blog and Afterword of Volume 5, and found no indication of him hating the concept of "Reverse". I should stop believing everything I read.

B214
2015-05-08, 23:01
And was never mentioned again after V6 IIRC, which makes it even more believable.

To me it's just the same with Sephiroth Graal, Ishibumi added those but make sure there are major weaknesses otherwise everyone can just focus on Reverse in battle or depend on Valerie to revive them.

Chichiryuushintei
2015-05-08, 23:04
I think Reverse only served for the Khaos Brigade plan in Volume 6. Aside from that, Ishibumi didn't want to use it in anything because it's so broken.

B214
2015-05-09, 08:52
https://twitter.com/ishibumi_ddd/status/596934058355003392

Not really important, it's basically Ishibumi is stating Episode 6 will mark the beginning of Volume 6 and similar to before, parts of Volume 7 will be scattered throughout the plot so pay attention to those changes. So Volume 6 will be like the first 5 episodes where Volume 7 plot will be placed among the plot.

ImperialFlameGod8190
2015-05-09, 08:54

Not really important, it's basically Ishibumi is stating Episode 6 will mark the beginning of Volume 6 and similar to before, parts of Volume 7 will be scattered throughout the plot so pay attention to those changes. So Volume 6 will be like the first 5 episodes where Volume 7 plot will be placed among the plot.

yea thats not a good thing but lets see what they do.

Chichiryuushintei
2015-05-09, 08:58

Isn't that the opposite of what he said a few days ago?

B214
2015-05-09, 09:01

Well he only said it'll be like Season 1 & 2, he never said it'll be a faithful adaptation. :heh:

ImperialFlameGod8190
2015-05-09, 09:02

You beginning to get worried Chichi heh its funny how people like u and me are so hyped for the end of vol 6 we forget what actually comes into it. Ya know the scary part i had forgotten how much happens before the fight :heh::heh: this could be a good 5 episodes for vol 6.

Chichiryuushintei
2015-05-09, 09:26
It wasn't much actually, Rossweisse was left behind and comforted by Akeno, Azazel told Ise and the others about the Oppai Dragon stuff (To which extent I don't know, gotta wait for the subs) Ddraig cried, and props for his VA by the way, it was hilarious. I think that's it from V7. Nothing much actually.

Like I thought, the Tournament is happening, but the first opponent is Diodora, not Sona.

Next episode there's the cosplay stuff and Sairaorg appears.

Overall, great episode, 9/10, will change depending on Azazel's explanation for the Oppai Dragon.

Seafoam
2015-05-09, 09:30
Yeah it was a really good episode. It followed the LN's and had good pacing. Ddraig's crying caught me off guard and I started busting out laughing.

GDB
2015-05-09, 09:35
and Afterword of Volume 5

Obviously it wouldn't be in the Afterword of the volume it debuted in. If he hated it right after he finished writing it, he'd re-write it.

yea thats not a good thing but lets see what they do.

It's a thing. It's not good, it's not bad, just a thing. Can you seriously stop acting like everything is bad merely because it exists?

Chichiryuushintei
2015-05-09, 09:43
It's a thing. It's not good, it's not bad, just a thing. Can you seriously stop acting like everything is bad merely because it exists?

*clap*clap*clap*clap*

ImperialFlameGod8190
2015-05-09, 09:55
fine fine i'll be patient with things :heh:

EDIT: After watching the episode only one thing to say EXCELLENT WORK

Starway
2015-05-09, 10:39
Yay finally a episode I can give a 9 or 10 Now if only it wasn't 1:30 in the morning I could make a post that's more than 30 words long meh atlest the subs will be out when I wake up lol.

Chichiryuushintei
2015-05-09, 10:44
*Imperial says a DxD BorN episode is excellent*

We're doomed... DOOMED!

ImperialFlameGod8190
2015-05-09, 10:46

We're doomed... DOOMED!

how about this Chichi i'll give it a 9/10 when the thread comes out does that make you feel better. :heh::heh::heh::heh::heh::heh::heh::heh::heh::heh: :heh::heh::heh::heh::heh::heh::heh:

Hk1117
2015-05-09, 10:47
fine fine i'll be patient with things :heh:

EDIT: After watching the episode only one thing to say EXCELLENT WORK

wait. Did I just wake up in the wrong universe?

Chichiryuushintei
2015-05-09, 10:48
how about this Chichi i'll give it a 9/10 when the thread comes out does that make you feel better. :heh::heh::heh::heh::heh::heh::heh::heh::heh::heh: :heh::heh::heh::heh::heh::heh::heh:
Who are you and what did you do to Imperial? :p

Hk1117
2015-05-09, 10:51

definitely woke up in the wrong universe. Someone call Dr. Strange, please!

GDB
2015-05-09, 11:54

We're doomed... DOOMED!

aXU8w336oGs

KnightShade
2015-05-09, 12:10
this episode made me regret skipping ln 6(only read the spoilers), mainly because for me asia was diabetes-level adorable and sweet here. diodora succeeds in making me hate him, and he hasnt even done anything yet lol. draig crying was hilarious, props to the VA. kiryuu just can't stop molesting asia lol. irina cock blocking xeno and asia's grope session with issei was too much,her reaction was funny.

but on a different note, just like last episode with akeno, asia didn't get her hug after issei's nightmare. i wasn't buying it when someone mentioned this at reddit, but does it feel like asia and akenos moments in born have been downplayed compared to rias? let's hope they don't change asia's confession kiss like they did with akeno's kiss(who am i kidding, it's gonna get changed, i said the same thing about the rating game and look what happened)

Malicre
2015-05-09, 13:14
Come on now, the reason this episode was so good is because its all about volume 6 and as we all know, volume 6 blows 5 and 7 out of the water so expect the next 2-3 episodes to be great.

Tbolt
2015-05-09, 13:20
Sub is up on kissanime. I enjoyed it more than I thought I would.

KnightShade
2015-05-09, 13:33
Come on now, the reason this episode was so good is because its all about volume 6 and as we all know, volume 6 blows 5 and 7 out of the water so expect the next 2-3 episodes to be great.

hope so, even though overall i'm enjoying born in spite of the changes

iNoto
2015-05-09, 13:51
The episode was quite good and Ddraig crying! Oh epic moment!