PDA

View Full Version : High School DxD season 3 confirmed.

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9

DragoMuseveni
2015-05-09, 13:53
Perfect..... especially draig crying for chichiryuutei . we might see the ketsuryuukou as well

This episode 10/10 ..... even you Imperial must reconise :))

Chichiryuushintei
2015-05-09, 17:26
So, I finally watched it subbed, and I have to say:

This was perfect adaptation-wise. Even with the changes they managed to think of ways for everything to fall into place. If I had a hat, I'd tip it for TNK.

It wasn't the actual Oppai Dragon show, but a documentary about Ise, btw was it just him or the rest of the ORC too, since they were vital for the win against Loki? That part let me a bit confused. And this is what made Ise popular with the children which then influenced Azazel and Sirzechs to make the Oppai Dragon Song.

This episode is a 10/10 doesn't matter how I look at it. It was just perfect.

Malicre
2015-05-09, 21:37
They really should of just made this season all about volume 6 and just added 5/7 content. i just hope that the JD is done right and that will make or break this season for me.

Chichiryuushintei
2015-05-09, 21:44
They really should of just made this season all about volume 6 and just added 5/7 content. i just hope that the JD is done right and that will make or break this season for me.

Volume 6 can't be stretched for more than 5 episodes without seeming sluggish. They're making it in 4 episodes so there's enough time for it to be done properly. Let's just hope they are smart enough not to fuck with one of the most tense moments in the entire series.

ImperialFlameGod8190
2015-05-09, 23:18
Volume 6 can't be stretched for more than 5 episodes without seeming sluggish. They're making it in 4 episodes so there's enough time for it to be done properly. Let's just hope they are smart enough not to fuck with one of the most tense moments in the entire series.

Chichi i'd say they are doing it in 5. The next episode is the night before the battle i'm assuming that the battle starts the 3rd one im guessing if they're doing it in 4 JD happens at the end of 3.

Seafoam
2015-05-09, 23:31
Chichi i'd say they are doing it in 5. The next episode is the night before the battle i'm assuming that the battle starts the 3rd one im guessing if they're doing it in 4 JD happens at the end of 3.

Well if episode 9 is titled Dragon of Dragons, one can only assume that it would end then.

Weather
2015-05-10, 01:33
Ddraig cried.

Fuck everything this ep was 100/10.

ImperialFlameGod8190
2015-05-10, 05:25
Well if episode 9 is titled Dragon of Dragons, one can only assume that it would end then.

Hm i can see it and this should be interesting.

Simonsy
2015-05-10, 10:01
So after watching all the episodes so far it seems that this season is just like the earlier seasons. it is just covering 2 volumes. And some vol 5 related stuff tossed in, like Saji getting all parts, vice pres using her sacred gear, ect.

While i am sort of dissapointed we will miss out on theri rating game, its not very important in total aspect. Maybe in the Volumes they will get a rematch someday and that will get animated. Cause I would like to see them go versus each other, but have to agree that the whole Counter was a bit annoying, and especialy since it basically got banned forever and never seen again. And we all know we want to see an Issei versus Saji when they are powered up like currnet vol 19 power or later, versus the weak slugfest they just did in vol 5. All vol 5 did was basically just show that Saji is like Issei (you know the Issei vs. Raiser first fight) except Saji actually wins with strategy on top of his determination

I'll wait till seasons over to judge the overal season. So far they have done many aspects great, improved on others, but some have been lackluster, such as the Akeno resolution. I felt the fact her dad being there and seeing it as well was one of the more important aspects of that scene. Also we didn't get our hilarious Bilingual introduction. Though it seems no one is aware of it really yet, not even Issei completely so we could still get it.

Always86
2015-05-10, 19:08
I wonder if the could have done the Sitri fight off screen? Would an anime audience accept a battle happening off camera? I don't mind it, but it needs to make sense.

Chichiryuushintei
2015-05-10, 19:14
I wonder if the could have done the Sitri fight off screen? Would an anime audience accept a battle happening off camera? I don't mind it, but it needs to make sense.

It didn't happen at all. They may do it in the future as an OVA, but as far as the anime is concerned, it didn't happen.

@EDIT: Fun fact, Diodora's VA's name is Makoto.

ImperialFlameGod8190
2015-05-10, 23:31
So after watching all the episodes so far it seems that this season is just like the earlier seasons. it is just covering 2 volumes. And some vol 5 related stuff tossed in, like Saji getting all parts, vice pres using her sacred gear, ect.

While i am sort of dissapointed we will miss out on theri rating game, its not very important in total aspect. Maybe in the Volumes they will get a rematch someday and that will get animated. Cause I would like to see them go versus each other, but have to agree that the whole Counter was a bit annoying, and especialy since it basically got banned forever and never seen again. And we all know we want to see an Issei versus Saji when they are powered up like currnet vol 19 power or later, versus the weak slugfest they just did in vol 5. All vol 5 did was basically just show that Saji is like Issei (you know the Issei vs. Raiser first fight) except Saji actually wins with strategy on top of his determination

I'll wait till seasons over to judge the overal season. So far they have done many aspects great, improved on others, but some have been lackluster, such as the Akeno resolution. I felt the fact her dad being there and seeing it as well was one of the more important aspects of that scene. Also we didn't get our hilarious Bilingual introduction. Though it seems no one is aware of it really yet, not even Issei completely so we could still get it.

Well considering that they're doing 3 volumes its completely different from that alone.

It didn't happen at all. They may do it in the future as an OVA, but as far as the anime is concerned, it didn't happen.

@EDIT: Fun fact, Diodora's VA's name is Makoto.

Yea Honestly doing it as an OVA is pretty pointless.

@EDIT: more fun fact Diodora looks like an older version of Makoto Itou probably the most hated MC in al of anime and we all know what his speciality is.

Always86
2015-05-11, 03:51
What I said was could they have? Meaning Im aware it hasn't happened but could they have implied it did but skipped it for time.

Chichiryuushintei
2015-05-11, 05:07
What I said was could they have? Meaning Im aware it hasn't happened but could they have implied it did but skipped it for time.

No, that's what I meant. It's not like they just skipped it, in the anime Rias VS Sona never happened.

B214
2015-05-11, 05:33
Title for the last three episodes.

10.二天龍 vs ロキ! (Two Heavenly Dragon vs Loki!)
11.ジャガーノート・ドライヴ! (Juggernaut Drive!)
12.乳龍帝誕生! (Birth of the Breast Dragon Emperor)

Again like 7-9, i only took it from a forum with no actual confirm sources. So take it with a grain of salt.

ImperialFlameGod8190
2015-05-11, 05:37

Again like 7-9, i only took it from a forum with no actual confirm sources. So take it with a grain of salt.

those stink of being fake vali has no reason to fight Loki so i already know thats fake.

Starway
2015-05-11, 05:39

Fake in every way possible.

Chichiryuushintei
2015-05-11, 05:44
After the last time I don't believe it until I see the preview for EP 10. Or you give the source of where you found it.

B214
2015-05-11, 05:48
I just took it from the same place i took for the title for Episode 7 - 9 (which is accurate for 7 already, so i think it's highly believable), it's a closed group for its members only. I just occasionally gather info from my Japanese friend who is in that group.

But like i said there's no source, so take it with a grain of salt.

ImperialFlameGod8190
2015-05-11, 06:06
After the last time I don't believe it until I see the preview for EP 10. Or you give the source of where you found it.

U and i both doubt these although part of it might be if JD happens during the Loki fight severe disappointment might be coming for vol 6. Plus the 2 heavenly dragons fighting loki is pointless because Vali has zero stake in this fight now that Fenrir is gone.

Chichiryuushintei
2015-05-11, 06:11
U and i both doubt these although part of it might be if JD happens during the Loki fight severe disappointment might be coming for vol 6. Plus the 2 heavenly dragons fighting loki is pointless because Vali has zero stake in this fight now that Fenrir is gone.

Yeah, I agree with the Vali bit, but they could make JD happen twice. Just make it shave about half of his life span each time, or make it so that the second time doesn't count because it was Loki's curse and not the actual JD curse.

Seafoam
2015-05-11, 08:23
Well let's just hope Episode 11 is referring to Vali's JD in that case, not Issei's.

Biohazardous
2015-05-11, 08:54
Guess this is another time we should be calm and wait and see what happens. I admit the titles can be kinda scarey if true.

ImperialFlameGod8190
2015-05-11, 10:44
Yeah, I agree with the Vali bit, but they could make JD happen twice. Just make it shave about half of his life span each time, or make it so that the second time doesn't count because it was Loki's curse and not the actual JD curse.

Chichi even you gotta admit that if they did something like that they are setting themselves up for doom.

By the way somehow they have to get the breast God involved in this final battle even if its something as simple as say him/her removing the curse so he can use the gauntlet to power-up Thor's hammer to finally beat Loki.

Chichiryuushintei
2015-05-11, 10:51
Chichi even you gotta admit that if they did something like that they are setting themselves up for doom.

By the way somehow they have to get the breast God involved in this final battle even if its something as simple as say him/her removing the curse so he can use the gauntlet to power-up Thor's hammer to finally beat Loki.

Tell me what's wrong with it. And no "it's different" bullcrap. Actual arguments.

ImperialFlameGod8190
2015-05-11, 11:11
Tell me what's wrong with it. And no "it's different" bullcrap. Actual arguments.

Its a problem because they've taken away any need to use JD. Of course this assumes that he uses it against Shalba (which will be a problem if they dont.)

Vali having no stake in fighitng Loki first off. Now that Fenrir is his there's no good reason for vali to help Issei so thats out of the way.
Issei going JD to beat Loki is also unnecessary because they already know that BG will help him use Mjolnir so him going JD again is pointless.
Regardless of anything else there's no reason for Vali and assuming that JD is part of vol 6 Issei will know the enormous risks and that takes it away.

All that said Loki's curse will have to do something the question is what.

Always86
2015-05-11, 11:17
No, that's what I meant. It's not like they just skipped it, in the anime Rias VS Sona never happened.

Okay perhaps I'm not being clear, let me rephrase. What if... Would it be possible, and would the audience accept them having certain encounters off camera? For a specific example, had they ended an episode with them going to the Sitri fight and started the next with the end of it would the audience have been okay with that? Or is it better to do the way they have done and skip it entirely.

Given that DXD is an ecchi battle series would people accept battles not happening on camera? Could they shorten battles with a montage?

Of the 3 fights as I recall Sitri was the least interesting + important. The only real important thing was Sona/Saji tactically taking out Ise, and I think Ise talking to the boobies. Which they elegantly did with the Akeno scene last week.

Therefore could they have chosen to skip the fight and only show the climax? Would the audience accept battles being condensed/ skipped in this way for time in order to keep story/ character development in place?

Chichiryuushintei
2015-05-11, 11:17
Its a problem because they've taken away any need to use JD. Of course this assumes that he uses it against Shalba (which will be a problem if they dont.)

Vali having no stake in fighitng Loki first off. Now that Fenrir is his there's no good reason for vali to help Issei so thats out of the way.
Issei going JD to beat Loki is also unnecessary because they already know that BG will help him use Mjolnir so him going JD again is pointless.
Regardless of anything else there's no reason for Vali and assuming that JD is part of vol 6 Issei will know the enormous risks and that takes it away.

All that said Loki's curse will have to do something the question is what.
OK, you misunderstood what I meant. According to my (not really mine, just read it somewhere) theory, the 2nd time Ise goes JD it's because of Loki's curse.
I don't see any reasons for Vali to fight Loki either.

Remember, the titles aren't even confirmed to be real, and they were given by the same guy trolled us all a few days ago.

@always: The japanese anime audience is crazy. Maybe they'd love it, maybe hate it, who knows?

ImperialFlameGod8190
2015-05-11, 11:23
OK, you misunderstood what I meant. According to my (not really mine, just read it somewhere) theory, the 2nd time Ise goes JD it's because of Loki's curse.
I don't see any reasons for Vali to fight Loki either.

Remember, the titles aren't even confirmed to be real, and they were given by the same guy trolled us all a few days ago.

@always: The japanese anime audience is crazy. Maybe they'd love it, maybe hate it, who knows?

If he goes JD because of the curse that would be funny and i'm guessing that the BG servant comes to help but o well. It should be interesting.
I do appreciate a good troll.

Chichiryuushintei
2015-05-11, 11:28
If he goes JD because of the curse that would be funny and i'm guessing that the BG servant comes to help but o well. It should be interesting.
I do appreciate a good troll.

The past possessors wouldn't help him until post-Volume 10. If this happens Chichigami will be the one saving him. And I'll rub it in everyone's faces like cheese in a grater that I was one of those who called it.

ImperialFlameGod8190
2015-05-11, 11:34
The past possessors wouldn't help him until post-Volume 10. If this happens Chichigami will be the one saving him. And I'll rub it in everyone's faces like cheese in a grater that I was one of those who called it.

we both are calling that one IF it happens.

GDB
2015-05-11, 17:31
I just took it from the same place i took for the title for Episode 7 - 9 (which is accurate for 7 already, so i think it's highly believable), it's a closed group for its members only. I just occasionally gather info from my Japanese friend who is in that group.

But like i said there's no source, so take it with a grain of salt.

So it just happens that episode 11 has the same name as your previous troll?

Chichiryuushintei
2015-05-11, 17:50
So it just happens that episode 11 has the same name as your previous troll?

lol yeah I didn't notice it, now it's even more suspicious.

B214, I thought you were a disciple of Aizen-sama, what happened to your troll skills? :(

Gary29
2015-05-11, 18:10
Even if it ends up being fake, right now it does have a basis in validity, especially with episode 7's title being confirmed legit. We'd just need to figure out a reason for Vali to help with Loki even though he already has Fenrir. After that the Chichigami dual-JD curse theory can come into play and... I'll be honest, I have no idea what to expect with the final episode's title. :heh:

KnightShade
2015-05-11, 18:49
i can think of one simple scenario as to why vali would help or atleast participate; a loki cursed controlled issei in JD. tell me vali wouldn't jump in just to fight issei in that state

Chichiryuushintei
2015-05-11, 18:54
i can think of one simple scenario as to why vali would help or atleast participate; a loki cursed controlled issei in JD. tell me vali wouldn't jump in just to fight issei in that state

He'd go there with a face-splitting grin and a boner in his pants. lol jk-but-not-really.

KnightShade
2015-05-11, 19:06
He'd go there with a face-splitting grin and a boner in his pants. lol jk-but-not-really.
:heh: LMAO

Biohazardous
2015-05-11, 20:45
Lmao at the boner in his pants part.

Vali: Oh so you are in JD I see. I'll be your opponent.
Ise: What is what that boner...get away from me

Hk1117
2015-05-11, 20:49

Ise: gaah argh aah agh wwooh gowh arrrrgh ROOOARR?!

FIFY :heh::D

Chichiryuushintei
2015-05-11, 21:15
If they make such a scene and put subtitles in JD Ise's line saying that I'm going to have a mental breakdown from laughter.

B214
2015-05-11, 21:36
lol yeah I didn't notice it, now it's even more suspicious.

B214, I thought you were a disciple of Aizen-sama, what happened to your troll skills? :(

I'm not trolling. I don't pull the same prank twice at the such a close period of time.

GrrDraxin
2015-05-11, 21:36

Ise: gaah argh aah agh wwooh gowh arrrrgh ROOOARR?!<What is with that boner...get away from me>If they make such a scene and put subtitles in JD Ise's line saying that I'm going to have a mental breakdown from laughter.

Only way that will happen is if you take the scene and splice it together and then add those subs in a short youtube clip.

Chichiryuushintei
2015-05-11, 21:48
Only way that will happen is if you take the scene and splice it together and then add those subs in a short youtube clip.
It was a joke. I mean, if it happened it would be awesome as hell, but it's one of those things I know there's zero chance of happening.
I'm not trolling. I don't pull the same prank twice at the such a close period of time.
It's still a bit too much of a coincidence for you to have guessed the exact title of an episode we are nowhere near watching as of now.

B214
2015-05-11, 22:29
It was a joke. I mean, if it happened it would be awesome as hell, but it's one of those things I know there's zero chance of happening.

It's still a bit too much of a coincidence for you to have guessed the exact title of an episode we are nowhere near watching as of now.

How am i supposed to know? Maybe they thought the title "Juggernaut Drive" sounds cool or proper to fit in with the last title "Birth of the Breast Dragon Emperor".

GrrDraxin
2015-05-12, 00:30
It was a joke. I mean, if it happened it would be awesome as hell, but it's one of those things I know there's zero chance of happening.I know it was a joke, and I also know it won't happen... BUT, it COULD happen, but just by your(our) own hand.

G147
2015-05-13, 08:44
https://twitter.com/ishibumi_ddd/status/598467143848497152

Apparently Ravel will have an active role on the second half. :)

Chichiryuushintei
2015-05-13, 08:51
https://twitter.com/ishibumi_ddd/status/598467143848497152

Apparently Ravel will have an active role on the second half. :)

According to GT, it only says that Irina Ross and Ravel were background heroines and became a bit more active this season. Nothing about a second half.

B214
2015-05-13, 09:18
GT as in Google Translate? I wonder how effective that is. Anyway a more accurate translation for that tweet would be:

For Season 3 of DxD, the later phase heroines Irina, Xenovia, Rossweisse and Ravel will be playing an active role. In the original work, their main volume are Volume 14 Ravel, Volume 17 Rossweisse, Volume 18 Irina and Volume 19 Xenovia respectively. It's long but for those interested, please check.

Don't worry, there's no saying about the second half of BorN.

Chichiryuushintei
2015-05-13, 09:23
GT as in Google Translate? I wonder how effective that is. Anyway a more accurate translation for that tweet would be:

For Season 3 of DxD, the later phase heroines Irina, Xenovia, Rossweisse and Ravel will be playing an active role. In the original work, their main volume are Volume 14 Ravel, Volume 17 Rossweisse, Volume 18 Irina and Volume 19 Xenovia respectively. It's long but for those interested, please check.

Don't worry, there's no saying about the second half of BorN.

It's better than nothing... most of the time at least.
She already had a bigger role with the Phoenix Tears in EP 3-5. Maybe they will make her into Ise's manager in the end of the Season, but that's it.

Chichiryuushintei
2015-05-14, 13:05
From his blog:

Issei vs Diodora will happen, ask us to look forward to the VAs' acting.

Akeno and Koneko will still continue their development in the second half. Especially Koneko and Kuroka whose relationship will be much better than the original work (LN)

Rossweisse's addition to the group will be more natural than in the LN but that scene (Rias "persuading" her into joining the team) won't change so rest assure.

Credits for B214 for the translation.

He also mentioned something about extra footage from the BDs.

Gary29 said in the wikia he also confirmed JD for after Diodora's asswhooping.

Ishibumi also said Diobitch had amazing voice acting for the villainy parts.

ImperialFlameGod8190
2015-05-14, 13:27
^ sounds like some fun news.

Biohazardous
2015-05-14, 13:27
Diobitch lmao. :p

ImperialFlameGod8190
2015-05-14, 13:34

hey i used to call him Diodora Asstaroth none of us like what he did thats a fact. All of us have been looking forward to his ass kicking being animated

Chichiryuushintei
2015-05-14, 13:36

Bitchdora, Diofag, Astabitch, you name it, doesn't make a difference. :p:p:p:p:p:p:p

Biohazardous
2015-05-14, 13:46
Issei's Biotch too. :D

Chichiryuushintei
2015-05-14, 15:19
Not really related to the anime, but all of the DxD Volumes (including Dx. it seems) are getting a reprint. If it sells well enough it could make up for the profit if the BD sales aren't great.

Talking about that, someone know how are the pre-orders/stalker points right now?

Always86
2015-05-14, 15:23
Must help a little that it's popular internationally. Must do well for funimation for them to be already dubbing. I wonder how much foreign licensing pays for? 2 episodes? 1? Less?

Seafoam
2015-05-14, 16:55
Not really related to the anime, but all of the DxD Volumes (including Dx. it seems) are getting a reprint. If it sells well enough it could make up for the profit if the BD sales aren't great.

Talking about that, someone know how are the pre-orders/stalker points right now?

It's looking good for the pre-orders. It's now ranking on basically every place selling it.

Chichiryuushintei
2015-05-14, 16:59
It's looking good for the pre-orders. It's now ranking on basically every place selling it.

Thanks, that's great news. :)

MV5
2015-05-14, 17:52
Thanks, that's great news. :)

The thing about stalker points is, that the points are given based on its ranking from Amazon. Note how I said just Amazon only. And DxD has been ranking at other retailers such as Gamers, Softmap, Getchu, HMV, Animate, DMM, etc. Now it probably won't reach 10k sales like previous seasons, but my estimate is that it sells between 5-8k, 9k maximum.

Chichiryuushintei
2015-05-14, 17:56
The thing about stalker points is, that the points are given based on its ranking from Amazon. Note how I said just Amazon only. And DxD has been ranking at other retailers such as Gamers, Softmap, Getchu, HMV, Animate, DMM, etc. Now it probably won't reach 10k sales like previous seasons, but my estimate is that it sells between 5-8k, 9k maximum.The only season that sold 10k was the first one. NEW sold 9k only.
Besides, anything above 3k is already profit so still good news.

Gary29
2015-05-14, 18:11
Actually, S1 BD1 sold 11k while NEW BD1 sold 10k, it's just that the averages were 10k and 9k respectively.

Stalker points from a couple days ago placed BorN at around the 600-700 mark which isn't too good but they're not even reliable. Stick with direct pre-order info.

Now, if BorN sells at least 7-8k and they don't waste money on another series next year then we could get a nice high-quality S4.

Chichiryuushintei
2015-05-14, 18:20
Actually, S1 BD1 sold 11k while NEW BD1 sold 10k, it's just that the averages were 10k and 9k respectively.

Stalker points from a couple days ago placed BorN at around the 600-700 mark which isn't too good but they're not even reliable. Stick with direct pre-order info.

Now, if BorN sells at least 7-8k and they don't waste money on another series next year then we could get a nice high-quality S4.

Average is what counts.

B214
2015-05-14, 21:08
Well to round out all of the info given in his blog and twitter up to date along with the ones given. (From April 24)

From his blog:

Akeno and Koneko will still continue their development in the second half. Especially Koneko and Kuroka whose relationship will be much better than the original work (LN)

Rossweisse's addition to the group will be more natural than in the LN but that scene (Rias "persuading" her into joining the team) won't change so rest assure.

1. Volume 6 adaptation will be like Season 1 & 2, it will mostly follow Volume 6.
2. Volume 7's plot will be scattered throughout Volume 6.
3. Vali will be playing a huge role in second half.
4. Chichigami will still appear but with different setting.
5. Volume 7's plot won't be happening after Volume 6 but along with Volume 6.
6. Issei and the others will be much stronger at this point than in the LN.

P.s. Ishibumi hasn't mentioned JD yet, he only hinted it. And there's no mention of Shalba in his post.

Biohazardous
2015-05-14, 21:36
Humm wonder how the being stronger will affect things. I also wonder why they are making them stronger than the LN.

GDB
2015-05-14, 21:42
Humm wonder how the being stronger will affect things. I also wonder why they are making them stronger than the LN.

Because it's easier. Who wants to sit around for minutes at a time waiting for Issei to get balance breaker activated? Or hear him internally whine about it? :heh:

Biohazardous
2015-05-14, 22:41
Its not just him its all of them. :p

Chichiryuushintei
2015-05-15, 06:11
Because it's easier. Who wants to sit around for minutes at a time waiting for Issei to get balance breaker activated? Or hear him internally whine about it? :heh:

Even though I understand what you're talking about, I think that's one of those things that set Ise apart from a typical shounen hero.

Only after training on a daily basis for months he was able to activate BB without a counter. It showed his growth, as well as that he takes training serious, and not just preparing for some fight to just go back to doing nothing like most do.

I hope they at least mention he can't use his wings and that's only Ddraig helping him.

Biohazardous
2015-05-15, 08:28
Yes he knows he is weak and works hard to get better. He doesn't stop and is very serious about it. The others follow suit. It's kinda funny to me the weakest person is pulling everyone up and making them all strong.

DragoMuseveni
2015-05-16, 10:19
Raw is out . Loved this episode . We might see the next one ending with draig phrase . I loved how they adapted . Can`t wait the subs .

Somethindarker
2015-05-16, 10:34
It doesn't seem like they're gonna adapt Rias' Peerage vs Sona's Peerage. Kinda lame, this season won't be higher than 4/10 for me if that's the case.

G147
2015-05-16, 10:39
It doesn't seem like they're gonna adapt Rias' Peerage vs Sona's Peerage. Kinda lame, this season won't be higher than 4/10 for me if that's the case.

So even a proper adaptation of Volume 6 wouldn't help you salvage it even a bit. :uhoh: Okay.

ImperialFlameGod8190
2015-05-16, 10:44
So even a proper adaptation of Volume 6 wouldn't help you salvage it even a bit. :uhoh: Okay.

i can understand what he means. Volume 6 itself actually isnt that great. The handling of Juggernaut drive is pretty much the only thing that matters because the rest of volume in all honesty is pretty simple story wise. Vol 5 and 7 have been changed so severely that the Loki ending seems too forced and with what us as LN readers know happens 3 episodes is far too much for a "third battle" because everything else has either occured already or has been made meaningless by what occured earlier.

G147
2015-05-16, 10:46
i can understand what he means. Volume 6 itself actually isnt that great. The handling of Juggernaut drive is pretty much the only thing that matters because the rest of volume in all honesty is pretty simple story wise. Vol 5 and 7 have been changed so severely that the Loki ending seems too forced and with what us as LN readers know happens 3 episodes is far too much for a "third battle" because everything else has either occured already or has been made meaningless by what occured earlier.

True compared to Volume 6 as a single volume by itself, Volume 6 has the impact because of it's link with Volume 5 & 7, without those 2 volumes, the story is somewhat weaker.

Somethindarker
2015-05-16, 10:48
Personally I hated Loki's arc completely then I had my hopes up afterward but they said Diodora's fight is first and they glossed over the underworld politics and are skipping an half of volume 5, which is my 2nd favorite fight in the story, it confounds me why they would adapt Loki's volume(which sold like shit compared to other volumes mind you) and just gloss over so much world building and character development of established character in favor of rushing and adding characters that aren't needed at the moment. Volume 6 hasn't even been aired but I'm not holding up much hope it'll be THAT good since the Vali vs Issei fight wasn't that great to begin with and even with the addition to the budget I doubt it'll be that much better.

G147
2015-05-16, 10:52
Personally I hated Loki's arc completely then I had my hopes up afterward but they said Diodora's fight is first and they glossed over the underworld politics and are skipping an half of volume 5, which is my 2nd favorite fight in the story, it confounds me why they would adapt Loki's volume(which sold like shit compared to other volumes mind you) and just gloss over so much world building and character development of established character in favor of rushing and adding characters that aren't needed at the moment. Volume 6 hasn't even been aired but I'm not holding up much hope it'll be THAT good since the Vali vs Issei fight wasn't that great to begin with and even with the addition to the budget I doubt it'll be that much better.

I assume you're a Rossweisse hater then.

Chichiryuushintei
2015-05-16, 10:54
My reaction to the raw:

Sairaorg being badass as always, but poor Zephyrdol, getting owned is everything he ever will do.

GTFO DIOBITCH ASTAFAG

Asia-chan is not a Chansey you son of bitch!

Asia-chan used bitch's slap! It's relatively effective!

All the girls talking about Ise.

Koneko and Use riding a bike together. <3

Kuroka-sama! :love:

Vali appears as smug as always.

He warns about Diobitch being a fag.

COOOOOOOSPLAAAAAY :love::love::love::love::love:

Oppai Groping turns into an all out fight. lol

Koneko will give me a heart attack one of those days, I'm serious.

Is that Shalba?

Xenovia and Ise bonding. <3

Seriously give me a break, Asia and Koneko being cute together is unfair!

Azazel talking to Sirzechs (I think?)

That pocket dimension is really cool.

TAKE YOUR FILTHY HANDS AWAY FROM ASIA-CHAN YOU BITCH!!!

Odin is badass as fuck!

ORC to the rescue!

Next episode we get Freed and Bilingual

Somethindarker
2015-05-16, 10:55
True compared to Volume 6 as a single volume by itself, Volume 6 has the impact because of it's link with Volume 5 & 7, without those 2 volumes, the story is somewhat weaker.

For volume 6 to work completely you need ALL of volume 5 since the developement of the characters in 5 was done great and leaving most of it out(like the training, teamwork exercises, character development for Akeno's past, Koneko's inner turmoil and Xenovia growing closer to Asia along with Issei) volume 6 will feel flat to me. Even if they get the JD perfect(which I doubt) it'll feel forced since they just got over the retarded Loki fight(which is episodic and lame) and there is no real buildup, I hope season 3 sells the worst so far so they can get back to the way they'd adapt things is the first 2 seasons.

I assume you're a Rossweisse hater then.

How did you come to that conclusion? Never once did I mention her.

Chichiryuushintei
2015-05-16, 10:59
For volume 6 to work completely you need ALL of volume 5 since the developement of the characters in 5 was done great and leaving most of it out(like the training, teamwork exercises, character development for Akeno's past, Koneko's inner turmoil and Xenovia growing closer to Asia along with Issei) volume 6 will feel flat to me. Even if they get the JD perfect(which I doubt) it'll feel forced since they just got over the retarded Loki fight(which is episodic and lame) and there is no real buildup, I hope season 3 sells the worst so far so they can get back to the way they'd adapt things is the first 2 seasons.

You mean the same development that happened in the first 5 episodes? With the exception of Akeno everyone got their share of it, and Akeno's didn't happen until V7, so it doesn't make V6 blander at all.

If it doesn't sells there'll be no more seasons period.

G147
2015-05-16, 11:03

Well Volume 6 was just too Asia-centric compared to other Volumes.

Well cause Volume 7 is meant to show the aftereffects of Volume 6. Introduction of the Oppai Dragon show, Hero Faction bits, Akeno's relationship with her father, Koneko's healing session, Vali teaming up with Issei, Vali captures Fenrir, Saji's power-up and Rossweisse joining the group. To like Volume 5 naturally means you favor the character developments, so Akeno, Koneko and Saji shouldn't be the problem, the Hero Factions were just random fodders no one probably care about them, i doubt anyone cares about Fenrir and Loki, so the only thing left that you'd hate about the volume is probably Rossweisse.

Chichiryuushintei
2015-05-16, 11:08

It was the volume centered on her development with Ise, what did you expect?

Somethindarker
2015-05-16, 11:10
You mean the same development that happened in the first 5 episodes? With the exception of Akeno everyone got their share of it, and Akeno's didn't happen until V7, so it doesn't make V6 blander at all.

If it doesn't sells there'll be no more seasons period.

The first 5 episodes felt rushed with a shit ton of information being introduced that the story got saturated and the actual character development just got lost in the mix. That and Koneko's transformation from distant girl to deredere cutie felt incredibly forced and actually pretty fucking stupid and out of nowhere. Xenovia got almost no screen time at all and Asia has barely been involved. The story so far just lacked any direction and now that Loki's arc is over and done with the after effects if it(unlike the first two seasons) just feels forgotten or "episodic".

Well cause Volume 7 is meant to show the aftereffects of Volume 6. Introduction of the Oppai Dragon show, Hero Faction bits, Akeno's relationship with her father, Koneko's healing session, Vali teaming up with Issei, Vali captures Fenrir, Saji's power-up and Rossweisse joining the group. To like Volume 5 naturally means you favor the character developments, so Akeno, Koneko and Saji shouldn't be the problem, the Hero Factions were just random fodders no one probably care about them, so the only thing left is probably Rossweisse.

Well I assure you I like Ross just fine she's not in my top 5 but she's up there.

ImperialFlameGod8190
2015-05-16, 11:12
Well cause Volume 7 is meant to show the aftereffects of Volume 6. Introduction of the Oppai Dragon show, Hero Faction bits, Akeno's relationship with her father, Koneko's healing session, Vali teaming up with Issei, Vali captures Fenrir, Saji's power-up and Rossweisse joining the group. To like Volume 5 naturally means you favor the character developments, so Akeno, Koneko and Saji shouldn't be the problem, the Hero Factions were just random fodders no one probably care about them, i doubt anyone cares about Fenrir and Loki, so the only thing left that you'd hate about the volume is probably Rossweisse.

Unfortunately just from that explanation i can tell you havent read volume 7 at all.
Saji happens in vol 5 with the sitri fight. Oppai Dragon SHOW happens early in 6. Hence why the Oppai Dragon song is so necessary. Hero faction doesnt show up at all other then Cameo's and they dont get involved in 7 either.
Rosswiese.
Vali teaming up with issei has absolutely nothing to do with 6 he just wanted Fenrir. Koneko's issue by the time 7 happens are well resolved.

Plus what most of us hate is the fact that they handled Akeno's relationship with her father and how that plays a role in the battle with Loki was butchered severely.

G147
2015-05-16, 11:13
It was the volume centered on her development with Ise, what did you expect?

Some proper exposure for other supporting characters as well? Koneko's volume gave exposure for the Sitri Team, Akeno gave some for Vali, Saji and even Ise. Even Volume 10, despite being Rias and Ise focus gave great exposure for their teammates and Sairaorg. Compared to those, Volume 6 was just Asia and solely Asia.

Unfortunately just from that explanation i can tell you havent read volume 7 at all.
Saji happens in vol 5 with the sitri fight. Oppai Dragon SHOW happens early in 6. Hence why the Oppai Dragon song is so necessary. Hero faction doesnt show up at all other then Cameo's and they dont get involved in 7 either.
Rosswiese.
Vali teaming up with issei has absolutely nothing to do with 6 he just wanted Fenrir. Koneko's issue by the time 7 happens are well resolved.

Plus what most of us hate is the fact that they handled Akeno's relationship with her father and how that plays a role in the battle with Loki was butchered severely.

Excuse me? Maybe you should read back Volume 7 Life 0. And Saji only gained the the remaining 3 Vritra Gears in Volume 7 and Koneko's healing session refers to her using Senjutsu to recover Ise's lost life. You know what perhaps instead of me, you should be the one to reread it.

ImperialFlameGod8190
2015-05-16, 11:16
Some proper exposure for other supporting characters as well? Koneko's volume gave exposure for the Sitri Team, Akeno gave some for Vali, Saji and even Ise. Even Volume 10, despite being Rias and Ise focus gave great exposure for their teammates and Sairaorg. Compared to those, Volume 6 was just Asia and solely Asia.

Excuse me? Maybe you should read back Volume 7 Life 0. And Saji only gained the the remaining 3 Vritra Gears in Volume 7, perhaps instead of me, you should be the one to reread it.

So i got Saji wrong you still got EVERYTHING else wrong. :D

G147
2015-05-16, 11:17
So i got Saji wrong you still got EVERYTHING else wrong. :D

Check again i edited it to fit in the spots i missed.

Chichiryuushintei
2015-05-16, 11:20

No, not really, it showed how the leaders aren't useless chumps, had the event that pretty much was the key for all of Ise's future power ups, ended Freed who was a recurring villain, and quite a charismatic one (The kind you love to hate). It also did start the whole Oppai Dragon stuff, as well as gives Ise another future servant, Xenovia.
It also shows Ophis's goal, as well as Vali's. And it finishes the Old-Maou Faction while giving start to the Hero Faction arc.

Seafoam
2015-05-16, 11:20
From his blog:

It's like you guys don't remember what you read a day ago. The sheer amount of people complaining about this is almost as bad as the uproar about ufotable's adaptation of Fate.

Somethindarker
2015-05-16, 11:25
@G147 Look the show so far(except the most current episode I haven't watch it) has been rushed and pretty much fucking butchered. Loki never felt like a threat, the "training" was pretty much non existent, Issei's body transformation gone, Akeno's story laughable and Koneko's "development" is probably the worst out of everything. Who cares that Ross was introduced, I could've waited for her to be introduced as I'm sure most fans would too if they'd just properly adapted volume 5 instead of shoe horning in Loki's arc just to introduce Ross. From the numbers I've seen season 3's presales have barely outsold season 1 and judging from some of the reactions from 2ch and other japanese forums my opinions aren't unfounded and people are actually let down so far just that most fans are so happy that there's a season 3 they're holding their tongue until a season 4 is announced to not jinx it.

It's like you guys don't remember what you read a day ago. The sheer amount of people complaining about this is almost as bad as the uproar about ufotable's adaptation of Fate.

I've read that there was going to be no extra footage in the bd's, I hope I'm wrong.

ImperialFlameGod8190
2015-05-16, 11:33

Its not that we dont remember but really all that stuff is irrelevant given the degree of butchery we've seen so far.

^Somethingdarker is right. The fact we got a season 3 is a miracle but a Season 4 is looking like it wont happen because of how bad 3 is turning out.

Chichiryuushintei
2015-05-16, 11:34
@G147 Look the show so far(except the most current episode I haven't watch it) has been rushed and pretty much fucking butchered. Loki never felt like a threat, the "training" was pretty much non existent, Issei's body transformation gone, Akeno's story laughable and Koneko's "development" is probably the worst out of everything. Who cares that Ross was introduced, I could've waited for her to be introduced as I'm sure most fans would too if they'd just properly adapted volume 5 instead of shoe horning in Loki's arc just to introduce Ross. From the numbers I've seen season 3's presales have barely outsold season 1 and judging from some of the reactions from 2ch and other japanese forums my opinions aren't unfounded and people are actually let down so far just that most fans are so happy that there's a season 3 they're holding their tongue until a season 4 is announced to not jinx it.
Loki was never a threat, he and Fenrir are complete jokes be it in the anime or the LN.

They did say everyone trained for 20 days and skipped most of it just like the LNs did.

Ishibumi said Akeno and Koneko will continue to develop in the second half.

Please tell me how Koneko's development was badly done.

2chan thinks everything is shit. They aren't really reliable for general opinion, just a japanese version of 4chan. The opinion in twitter is for the most part positive.

Every season sells less than the previous ones. That's something that happens with almost every anime series out there. Aldnoah S1 sold 8k-9k while S2 sold 6k.

DxD S1 sold 10k while NEW sold 9k. From what I've seen BorN will sell around 7k, which is already great.

A Season 4 depends solely of how well BorN sells. Not of how much a few people think it's bad.

G147
2015-05-16, 11:36
No, not really, it showed how the leaders aren't useless chumps, had the event that pretty much was the key for all of Ise's future power ups, ended Freed who was a recurring villain, and quite a charismatic one (The kind you love to hate). It also did start the whole Oppai Dragon stuff, as well as gives Ise another future servant, Xenovia.
It also shows Ophis's goal, as well as Vali's. And it finishes the Old-Maou Faction while giving start to the Hero Faction arc.

The leaders fighting were completely meaningless cause it proved nothing, they were facing fodders, enemies that were even below the Hero Faction, saying that they weren't chumps because of that made them look weak instead cause the only time they fought wasn't against powerful enemies but against freaking fodders. And if the editors weren't so insisting on Volume 8 being a SS volume, Ise's Triana and CCQ probably wouldn't even happen. And how does Xenovia wanting to join Ise improve the story? To me that was just a random bit to try and showcase Xenovia and Asia's friendship. Something i felt was meaningless, for starters i hated the idea of having Asia and Xenovia added into Issei's group, especially Asia's reasoning, to be with Ise forever, will that be different if she remained in Rias' team, no it won't. So to me Asia joining Ise's future team under the reasoning of being together with Issei forever is the dumbest reason ever for Asia to join Ise's team. Then Xenovia just seems to follow in pursuit of Asia, seriously how is that even good.

For someone's who's not a threat, Loki sure had lots of opponent such as the Gremory Team, Vali Team, Irina, Rossweisse, Baraqiel, Tannin and Saji. But that was the LN, in the anime, well i agree with everything you say, it was handled badly, but then again the sales in Japan isn't really affected so what's the worry?

Chichiryuushintei
2015-05-16, 11:40
The leaders fighting were completely meaningless cause it proved nothing, they were facing fodders, enemies that were even below the Hero Faction, saying that they weren't chumps because of that made them look weak instead cause the only time they fought wasn't against powerful enemies but against freaking fodders. And if the editors weren't so insisting on Volume 8 being a SS volume, Ise's Triana and CCQ probably wouldn't even happen. And how does Xenovia wanting to join Ise improve the story? To me that was just a random bit to try and showcase Xenovia and Asia's friendship. Something i felt was meaningless, for starters i hated the idea of having Asia and Xenovia added into Issei's group, especially Asia's reasoning, to be with Ise forever, will that be different if she remained in Rias' team, no it won't. So to me Asia joining Ise's future team under the reasoning of being together with Issei forever is the dumbest reason ever for Asia to join Ise's team. Then Xenovia just seems to follow in pursuit of Asia, seriously how is that even good.

Yeah, the descendants of the Original Maou are fodders. Right.

Your personal opinion doesn't make the development there non-existent. It happened, wether you liked it or not, it doesn't change a thing.

Loki was no threat in either media. He was beaten in a comic relief way and never appeared again. Fenrir was said to be as strong as a Heavenly Dragon and yet he was actually stopped by Ise. And then was nerfed in the same volume.

Seafoam
2015-05-16, 11:45
Its not that we dont remember but really all that stuff is irrelevant given the degree of butchery we've seen so far.

^Somethingdarker is right. The fact we got a season 3 is a miracle but a Season 4 is looking like it wont happen because of how bad 3 is turning out.

You really don't understand the fact that sales dictates seasons, not general reception (which for the most part has been positive because the Japanese seem to understand the concept of enjoying a season rather than a perfect adaptation). TNK is gonna go bankrupt if they don't keep making DxD because their adaptations from last year were failures. The only important thing that that's been cut has been the Sitri Rating Game and I can't believe people even care about it. It was boring and reverse was so broken, that Ishibumi had to write it in just for the Sitri group to stand a chance. If the Koneko/Akeno development isn't finished then I don't quite see what else has been butchered. They have 3 episodes remaining after Volume 6 and that's more than enough time for the final Loki fight along with what was left.

G147
2015-05-16, 11:47
Yeah, the descendants of the Original Maou are fodders. Right.

Your personal opinion doesn't make the development there non-existent. It happened, wether you liked it or not, it doesn't change a thing.

Loki was no threat in either media. He was beaten in a comic relief way and never appeared again. Fenrir was said to be as strong as a Heavenly Dragon and yet he was actually stopped by Ise. And then was nerfed in the same volume.

Judging from Shalba's jealousy on Vali, it's pretty obvious neither of those 3 are on par with Vali. How are those 3 stooges even strong.

The only comic relief i see is you. In the LN, Loki was defeated by Issei who was wielding the Replica Mjolnir, Baraqiel and Akeno using their Holy Lightning and Saji sealing his movements. It took 4 people to beat Loki, how is that comic relief, does that sound comic relief to you? 4 guys not to mention Baraqiel who is supposingly as strong as Azazel combine to beat him.

Also Fenrir was defeated the the entire Vali Team, and Vali was even using the Juggernaut Drive and they had to use the Gleipnir in that fight as well.

I was an obedient son of my father Loki,—no, I was turning into his slave, I was nothing more or nothing less. I simply obeyed my father’s order; I tore apart my opponents, and bit them into pieces. That’s because I believed that was my purpose in life.
However, the one who changed that principle using the magical chain Gleipnir, Excalibur Ruler, and Juggernaut Drive is Vali.

Somethindarker
Loki was never a threat, he and Fenrir are complete jokes be it in the anime or the LN.
Can't disagree there lol.

They did say everyone trained for 20 days and skipped most of it just like the LNs did.
But the results of their training wasn't skipped like Issei getting taller, more muscular and "wild. Kiba's face getting more chiseled and also the Gremory family spending time with Issei.

Ishibumi said Akeno and Koneko will continue to develop in the second half.

Please tell me how Koneko's development was badly done.

Like I mentioned previously Koneko's journey from tolerating Issei to being full on dere was basically over night. The scene where she was in bed and listened to her story turned into a Rias scene then she suddenly decided to love Issei from seemingly out of nowhere over 1 scene. Whatever they do with Akeno and Koneko from now is is moot the damage has been done.

2chan thinks everything is shit. They aren't really reliable for general opinion, just a japanese version of 4chan. The opinion in twitter is for the most part positive.

And just like 4chan there are posts with intelligent conversations and genuine reactions you just gotta ignore the obvious trolling and baiting. The other reactions from Niconico etc; all say the same thing that s3 is a step down from story quality.

Every season sells less than the previous ones. That's something that happens with almost every anime series out there. Aldnoah S1 sold 8k-9k while S2 sold 6k.

DxD S1 sold 10k while NEW sold 9k. From what I've seen BorN will sell around 7k, which is already great.

A Season 4 depends solely of how well BorN sells. Not of how much a few people think it's bad.

Well bd sales are not really that important since anime is mostly used to promote LN's, manga, music etc., but the pre-sales from previous years at this time of release have been s2>s1=s3.

ImperialFlameGod8190
You really don't understand the fact that sales dictates seasons, not general reception (which for the most part has been positive because the Japanese seem to understand the concept of enjoying a season rather than a perfect adaptation). TNK is gonna go bankrupt if they don't keep making DxD because their adaptations from last year were failures. The only important thing that that's been cut has been the Sitri Rating Game and I can't believe people even care about it. It was boring and reverse was so broken, that Ishibumi had to write it in just for the Sitri group to stand a chance. If the Koneko/Akeno development isn't finished then I don't quite see what else has been butchered. They have 3 episodes remaining after Volume 6 and that's more than enough time for the final Loki fight along with what was left.

Believe me i understand sales dictate seasons. but actually lets ignore the Sitri fight. After vol 6 what is actually left for them to do with vol 7 please explain that to me.

Seafoam
2015-05-16, 11:51
Believe me i understand sales dictate seasons. but actually lets ignore the Sitri fight. After vol 6 what is actually left for them to do with vol 7 please explain that to me.

Loki. With what the anime has made up, you think he won't appear with something along the lines of a mini-army made of Midgardsormr's? The whole purpose of him appearing though will merely be the curse and Chichigami's appearance. Let's see what else, they can do the Hero Faction fight during the night, Koneko's senjutsu treatment, Asia thanking Vali for saving her, Odin giving Issei and Vali their nicknames and Saji finally going Vritra mode. I'm sure I missed other stuff too.

ImperialFlameGod8190
2015-05-16, 11:56
Loki. With what the anime has made up, you think he won't appear with something along the lines of a mini-army made of Midgardsormr's? The whole purpose of him appearing though will merely be the curse and Chichigami's appearance. Let's see what else, they can do the Hero Faction fight during the night, Koneko's senjutsu treatment, Asia thanking Vali for saving her, Odin giving Issei and Vali their nicknames and Saji finally going Vritra mode. I'm sure I missed other stuff too.
If you understand that, then why you say there'll be no S4 because some people didn't like it?

They'll probably (read as hopefully) use the curse Loki put on Ise, so then we get a JD Ise VS JD Vali with Chichigami saving Ise and beating Loki up.

They put something there wasn't in the original (the curse) so it's impossible to know exactly ehat it's going to happen.

I just wonder how popular these changes actually are. You two each especially you Chichi have at times severely questioned whats been done. All that said these last two episodes of 6 HAVE to be extremely good. Having not seen this one today we'll see.

Alright you guys have convinced me to give the last 3 episodes a shot. Frankly i am curious how they manage the last fight and that will be a huge part of my rating.

B214
2015-05-16, 11:56
Maybe i should take the G147 account back from my brother.

Anyway, lets just get back to discussing Season 3 will we. I think we're kinda out of topic here.

G147
2015-05-16, 11:59
Maybe i should take the G147 account back from my brother.

Anyway, lets just get back to discussing Season 3 will we. I think we're kinda out of topic here.

Fine you want it back, take it back then. I'm though with talking with all this jackasses.

ImperialFlameGod8190
2015-05-16, 12:02
Fine you want it back, take it back then. I'm though with talking with all this jackasses.

We're jackasses because your points are being ripped apart at the seams :heh::heh::heh::heh::heh::heh::heh::heh::heh:

Chichiryuushintei
2015-05-16, 12:06
Can't disagree there lol.

But the results of their training wasn't skipped like Issei getting taller, more muscular and "wild. Kiba's face getting more chiseled and also the Gremory family spending time with Issei.

Like I mentioned previously Koneko's journey from tolerating Issei to being full on dere was basically over night. The scene where she was in bed and listened to her story turned into a Rias scene then she suddenly decided to love Issei from seemingly out of nowhere over 1 scene. Whatever they do with Akeno and Koneko from now is is moot the damage has been done.

And just like 4chan there are posts with intelligent conversations and genuine reactions you just gotta ignore the obvious trolling and baiting. The other reactions from Niconico etc; all say the same thing that s3 is a step down from story quality.

Well bd sales are not really that important since anime is mostly used to promote LN's, manga, music etc., but the pre-sales from previous years at this time of release have been s2>s1=s3.
Ever heard of extra footage and animation correction in BDs?

She didn't decide to love him in one scene, what the hell are you talking about. She has fallen for him because he is a gentle senpai and doesn't get drowned in power like past Sekiryuuteis (and her sister), not because he heard her story. (which he did anyway)

And almost everyone in twitter says it's awesome.

BDs are important. The only animes that actually made the LN sell more with seasons besides the first are SAO and Oregairu. DxD's LN sales didn't have any boosts with the second season. BDs are the only profit they have to make more seasons.

@G147: Being weaker than Vali doesn't make them fodder, he's a monster, remember?

Loki was only defeated because a God from another dimension came out of nowhere and made it possible for Ise to use Mjolnir. Not only that but he pretty much sit there and waited for Akeno and Baraquiel to solve their family problems. If that's not a joke, I don't know what is.

Heavenly Dragons are said to be strong enough to destroy the world several times over with pure brute force. Ise stopped Fenrir with a punch and survived his claws.

G147
2015-05-16, 12:12
@G147: Being weaker than Vali doesn't make them fodder, he's a monster, remember?

So let me get this straight, you keep on emphasizing that Fenrir is nerfed in both the LN and Anime for getting defeated yet here you are saying Vali's a monster. Very smart, you contradicted yourself so greatly that i don't even know what to say about you.

ImperialFlameGod8190
2015-05-16, 12:13
Ever heard of extra footage and animation correction in BDs?

She didn't decide to love him in one scene, what the hell are you talking about. She has fallen for him because he is a gentle senpai and doesn't get drowned in power like past Sekiryuuteis (and her sister), not because he heard her story. (which he did anyway)

And almost everyone in twitter says it's awesome.

BDs are important. The only animes that actually made the LN sell more with seasons besides the first are SAO and Oregairu. DxD's LN sales didn't have any boosts with the second season. BDs are the only profit they have to make more seasons.

Extra footage and animation changes wont help much. By the way a large margin of the people on twitter are idiots.
The people who knock this season all will agree the episodes itself arent the issue. The issue is that a large amount of the episodes both contradict each other and most importantly skewered the storyline from the LN.

B214
2015-05-16, 12:17
Well so long as it's not affected much in Japan, we will still get Season 4.

Chichiryuushintei
2015-05-16, 12:19
Judging from Shalba's jealousy on Vali, it's pretty obvious neither of those 3 are on par with Vali. How are those 3 stooges even strong.

The only comic relief i see is you. In the LN, Loki was defeated by Issei who was wielding the Replica Mjolnir, Baraqiel and Akeno using their Holy Lightning and Saji sealing his movements. It took 4 people to beat Loki, how is that comic relief, does that sound comic relief to you? 4 guys not to mention Baraqiel who is supposingly as strong as Azazel combine to beat him.

Also Fenrir was defeated the the entire Vali Team, and Vali was even using the Juggernaut Drive and they had to use the Gleipnir in that fight as well.

So let me get this straight, you keep on emphasizing that Fenrir is nerfed in both the LN and Anime for getting defeated yet here you are saying Vali's a monster. Very smart, you contradicted yourself so greatly that i don't even know what to say about you.

Fenrir is a joke because he was said to be as strong as a Heavenly Dragon and yet he couldn't kill a bunch of teenagers. He was strong, there's no denying that, but the fact everyone kept saying he was something he clearly wasn't made it into a joke.
All the Descendants of the Old-Maou faction were beaten by Maou-level opponents or stronger. They were defeated by people who wqere at a similar level as them.

@Imperial: 2chan which is a sea of haters can have intelectual people but twitter can't? lol

Extra footage makes all the difference in the world as long as they aren't all anime original.

Nothing was skewered or contradictory. Seriously, stop saying something is ruined when they can easily make future Seasons without any changes.

DragoMuseveni
2015-05-16, 12:21
Watched this episode with subs .... it seems like shalba will appear . And loki got sealed?

B214
2015-05-16, 12:23
Fenrir is a joke because he was said to be as strong as a Heavenly Dragon and yet he couldn't kill a bunch of teenagers. He was strong, there's no denying that, but the fact everyone kept saying he was something he clearly wasn't made it into a joke.

Chichi, wouldn't that technically apply to every antagonists in the series. The Evil Dragons, Euclid etc. Euclid is said to be Maou-class, yet he loses to Ise who is supposingly not in maou-class. :heh: For starters the reason why Fenrir became a joke is because of Loki. He got arrogant with Fenrir on his side and decides to retreat thus allowing the alliance to prepare the means to combat Fenrir.

That aside, does Shalba silhouette in the anime give out a different atmosphere than in the LN.

Chichiryuushintei
2015-05-16, 12:28
Wouldn't that technically apply to every antagonists in the series. The Evil Dragons, Euclid etc. Euclid is said to be Maou-class, yet he loses to Ise who is supposingly not in maou-class. :heh:
The Evil Dragons weren't defeated, they were cornered and sealed.

Euclid lost to Ise because of 2 surprise factors: The Red Wyverns, and Longinus Smasher, which is suposed to be a forbidden technique. Ise was also a lot more tactical in that fight than normal, and he's close to Maou level, Kuroka said he is already Ultimate-class, which proves he's at least close to Euclid.

Being stopped by a punch from a Mid-Class Devil is not something a world-buster monster would do.

Shalba never had an illustration, so I can't say it's different.

B214
2015-05-16, 12:34
The Evil Dragons weren't defeated, they were cornered and sealed.

Euclid lost to Ise because of 2 surprise factors: The Red Wyverns, and Longinus Smasher, which is suposed to be a forbidden technique. Ise was also a lot more tactical in that fight than normal, and he's close to Maou level, Kuroka said he is already Ultimate-class, which proves he's at least close to Euclid.

Being stopped by a punch from a Mid-Class Devil is not something a world-buster monster would do.

Shalba never had an illustration, so I can't say it's different.

.....Isn't that the same for Loki? He was beat up just like Grendel and Ladon then sealed? Well that's the same for Kokabiel too. I wonder what will they do if every villain they sealed gets unsealed and launch an all out attack.

True the Euclid point.

Well Issei back then was enraged by the thought of Fenrir injuring Rias, Outrage mode?

But still the voice, it doesn't give out the feeling of insanity, instead it's something like Sirzechs.

Chichiryuushintei
2015-05-16, 12:45
.....Isn't that the same for Loki? He was beat up just like Grendel and Ladon then sealed? Well that's the same for Kokabiel too. I wonder what will they do if every villain they sealed gets unsealed and launch an all out attack.

True the Euclid point.

Well Issei back then was enraged by the thought of Fenrir injuring Rias, Outrage mode?

But still the voice, it doesn't give out the feeling of insanity, instead it's something like Sirzechs.
Loki was beaten in the exact same volume he was introduced, with something that came completely out of nowhere and couldn't be taken seriously in anyway, I just started laughing by then. And there was the "Imma just wait here until they solve their family problems" and the fact he never was even mentioned as someone important after the fight. He showed strenght, but was treated as a one-time villain whose actions doesn't matter at all.

The Evil Dragons appeared for 2 or 3 Volumes before being actually defeated, which is a little better. Even Grendel was relevant after being defeated with his clones and whatnot.

Jumping from a Mid-class Devil to World Buster-class is too much even for that.

We didn't really see him outside of fighting, so maybe he's chill during other times and just enters smug mode during fights. I'll wait for episode 9 and see.

B214
2015-05-16, 12:54
Loki was beaten in the exact same volume he was introduced, with something that came completely out of nowhere and couldn't be taken seriously in anyway, I just started laughing by then. And there was the "Imma just wait here until they solve their family problems" and the fact he never was even mentioned as someone important after the fight. He showed strenght, but was treated as a one-time villain whose actions doesn't matter at all.

The Evil Dragons appeared for 2 or 3 Volumes before being actually defeated, which is a little better. Even Grendel was relevant after being defeated with his clones and whatnot.

Jumping from a Mid-class Devil to World Buster-class is too much even for that.

We didn't really see him outside of fighting, so maybe he's chill during other times and just enters smug mode during fights. I'll wait for episode 9 and see.

Well it's kinda like a trend. Kokabiel was beaten the Volume he was introduced, Loki did too. They were kinda like introductory villains you know to set things up for future volumes sort of thing. In Volume 3, there was the Xenovia addition and Kiba BB, in Volume 7 there's the Rossweisse addition and Saji VP mode.

Well it was mentioned that an Outrage of a Low-class Dragon is also dangerous. Plus Ise back then should be stronger than Mid-class already, he did beat the pulp out of Diodora with the Ophis snake. And that Diodora did beat Seekvaira's group on his own.

Hopefully, Shalba's VA can show the insanity properly. That is one of Shalba's better aspect as a villain.

Chichiryuushintei
2015-05-16, 12:59
Well it's kinda like a trend. Kokabiel was beaten the Volume he was introduced, Loki did too. They were kinda like introductory villains you know to set things up for future volumes sort of thing. In Volume 3, there was the Xenovia addition and Kiba BB, in Volume 7 there's the Rossweisse addition and Saji VP mode.

Well it was mentioned that an Outrage of a Low-class Dragon is also dangerous. Plus Ise back then should be stronger than Mid-class already, he did beat the pulp out of Diodora with the Ophis snake. And that Diodora did beat Seekvaira's group on his own.

Hopefully, Shalba's VA can show the insanity properly. That is one of Shalba's better aspect as a villain.

But Kokaniel's actions caused the meeting in V4, so he was still relevant for the biggest and one of the most important plot points in the series that's the Alliance.
Reynare's actions are even more important.

Loki's only consequence was Chichigami, which if they stop at Season 5 with V12, it will be irrelevant.

A Dragon King in outrage was barely able to fight on par with a non-serious Super Devil. The power gap is even larger with Ise and Fenrir.

Archilla
2015-05-16, 13:07
...so...

Enjoyed the newest episode. Fanservice got a little gratuitous, but they succeeded in making me hate Diodora even more.

Hype/10. THE STOMP APPROACHES.

DragoMuseveni
2015-05-16, 13:08
But in one scene it was said that loki was sealed wich is being bugging me for a while.....

ImperialFlameGod8190
2015-05-16, 13:09
After watching the episode i am worried i mentioned that they made some massive changes and i remembered what they are.
1. They've apparently switched the OD appearance to after the RG with Diodora which means that even if JD isnt used they plan to stop him a different way which is interesting but not the good kind
2. Because they got rid of the Sitri RG i forgot that while they're waiting Akeno talks to Issei about dressing up in the Miko costumes for Issei and thats where the early scene comes from.

This could make the next few episodes at least very interesting. We shall see

Chichiryuushintei
2015-05-16, 13:10
...so...

Enjoyed the newest episode. Fanservice got a little gratuitous, but they succeeded in making me hate Diodora even more.

Hype/10. THE STOMP APPROACHES.

Yeah, there's a limit to how many pantsu shots you can show before it bothers me. Well at least their clothes aren't ripping apart for no reason like in Season 1 and NEW, so that's an improvement :D.
@Imperial:

1. Azazel said they wanted to make a song about Ise in episode 6, so it's still possible that's going to happen like in the LN. And if it ends up being different, as long as it's not the corny "Remember your friend and the ones you love" speech, I think I can take anything to make him normal.

2. Wow, they did cosplay of transparent clothes without discussing it before, the story is ruined now. :rolleyes:

B214
2015-05-16, 13:14
But Kokaniel's actions caused the meeting in V4, so he was still relevant for the biggest and one of the most important plot points in the series that's the Alliance.
Reynare's actions are even more important.

Loki's only consequence was Chichigami, which if they stop at Season 5 with V12, it will be irrelevant.

A Dragon King in outrage was barely able to fight on par with a non-serious Super Devil. The power gap is even larger with Ise and Fenrir.

Kinda same in a sense, Odin was preparing for peace talk with Shintos, Loki comes they prevent Loki from interfering.

Well, you can also say Volume 7 is meant to explore a bit on the Norse myth, at least we learnt that Odin opened up to the current world thanks to the youngsters and hopes his youngsters does the same. And Odin adopting Vali. If Loki hadn't attacked back then Odin probably wouldn't have interacted with Vali and might not even adopt him. So in a sense, Loki's action kinda lead to the Vali Team being pardoned. Ironic in a sense, Loki's every action seems to be a mean to help the Vali Team only.

But Fafnir was shot to a severe injury before he entered outrage remember?

Chichiryuushintei
2015-05-16, 13:22
Kinda same in a sense, Odin was preparing for peace talk with Shintos, Loki comes they prevent Loki from interfering. Well, you can also say Volume 7 is meant to explore a bit on the Norse myth, at least we learnt that Odin opened up to the current world thanks to the youngsters and hopes his youngsters does the same. And Odin adopting Vali. If Loki hadn't attacked back then Odin probably wouldn't have interacted with Vali and might not even adopt him. So in a sense, Loki's action kinda lead to the Vali Team being pardoned. Ironic in a sense, Loki's every action seems to be a mean to help the Vali Team only.

But Fafnir was shot to a severe injury before he entered outrage remember?
Loki wasn't the cause he was talking with the Shinto Gods though. But yeah, Loki was only a stepping stone for the Vali team.

OK, until we get more info on outrage I concede it. Still doesn't change the fact he was nerfed in the same volume and therefore, his strenght had no actual role in the story. His fangs can still kill gods after being nerfed IIRC.

ImperialFlameGod8190
2015-05-16, 13:22
Yeah, there's a limit to how many pantsu shots you can show before it bothers me. Well at least their clothes aren't ripping apart for no reason like in Season 1 and NEW, so that's an improvement :D.
@Imperial:

1. Azazel said they wanted to make a song about Ise in episode 6, so it's still possible that's going to happen like in the LN. And if it ends up being different, as long as it's not the corny "Remember your friend and the ones you love" speech, I think I can take anything to make him normal.

2. Wow, they did cosplay of transparent clothes without discussing it before, the story is ruined now. :rolleyes:

you're just mad cause that last argument we had everyone pretty much put you on blast and agreed with me.

Anyway i'm not saying that its ruined the 1st one is more troublesome. the 2nd one just bugged me personally cause i felt like it was awkward. Man u need to calm down Chichi. Even i gotta admit the episode was awkward moreso then bad. The first one was a bigger issue then the second one.

Parry999
2015-05-16, 13:27
A Dragon King in outrage was barely able to fight on par with a non-serious Super Devil. Forgetting a another character there.:heh:

Chichiryuushintei
2015-05-16, 13:28
you're just mad cause that last argument we had everyone pretty much put you on blast and agreed with me.

Anyway i'm not saying that its ruined the 1st one is more troublesome. the 2nd one just bugged me personally cause i felt like it was awkward. Man u need to calm down Chichi. Even i gotta admit the episode was awkward moreso then bad. The first one was a bigger issue then the second one.

As if I gave a shit about who agrees with what.

Wait, you have a complaint about something that's not the source material? I can't believe it, it must be seriously serious business. :heh::heh::heh:

B214
2015-05-16, 14:25
I just realized something. Rias said Ise will be a guest appearance for the TV Station after the Rating Game against Diodora, wouldn't that mean the Oppai Dragon Song isn't created yet.

Seafoam
2015-05-16, 14:29
I just realized something. Rias said Ise will be a guest appearance for the TV Station after the Rating Game against Diodora, wouldn't that mean the Oppai Dragon Song isn't created yet.

They make the song for a show before almost anything so no that doesn't mean that. They'll probably make it so the song is the final push for the show.

Archilla
2015-05-16, 17:21
Dub update:

Whelp, I can confirm that today's dubbed episode is the most cringeworthy yet, containing such golden lines as;

"I'll slap this monkey around, while you pound that pussy!" -Tannin

"Shut your whore mouth!" -Issei

"That speech inspired me to a full on chubby." -also Issei

"Before you can kick out the beats in Balance Breaker, you need a radical catalyst." -Ddraig

It's all around madness.

Parry999
2015-05-16, 17:35
The dxd dub is so bad its great. Was that Shalfodderbitch I sure hope this random lowclass devil i picked has enough power to kill sirzechs or Creuserey All repeat the same mistake kat did because I'm a moron.

MV5
2015-05-16, 17:42

Numbers don't lie.

>D [*, 172 place] Ani [179 of] Gemma [* # 31] HMV [* 86 place] Software [* # 24]

Chichiryuushintei
2015-05-16, 17:43
@Parry999: uh... what?

Parry999
2015-05-16, 17:47
Thats litteraly the plot of volume 6.

Chichiryuushintei
2015-05-16, 17:50
Thats litteraly the plot of volume 6.

No, it's not.

Parry999
2015-05-16, 17:54
No, it's not. It was the antagonist plan.

Chichiryuushintei
2015-05-16, 18:15
It was the antagonist plan.

But is not all of V6. If you meant that's all Shalba's plan was, then yes, he wasn't the brightest after all. But saying it was the entirety of V6 is just nonsense.

Archilla
2015-05-16, 18:28
Numbers don't lie.

>D [*, 172 place] Ani [179 of] Gemma [* # 31] HMV [* 86 place] Software [* # 24]

Could someone explain these to me? I assumed that DxD was steadily rising in popularity.

Chichiryuushintei
2015-05-16, 18:33
Could someone explain these to me? I assumed that DxD was steadily rising in popularity.

I couldn't read that to save my life, but until yesterday the Stalker points (or whatever the nomenclature is) were something between 5k and 7k BDs. NEW also had 7k as a prediction at this point when it was airing and it ended up selling 9k, so there's still a chance it sells as much as previous seasons.

Just to give a comparison point (for most cases, it depends on how much money is being invested in a series, but since it's DxD, no need to worry much): 3k means it paid itself. 4k and above is profit.

MV5
2015-05-16, 20:55

These are the DxD rankings at all retailers. If it wasn't ranking, then the brackets wouldn't have numbers between them. Also, not all of the anime airing this season are ranking on all of the retailers, but DxD is and I expect it to increase since it just aired on AT-X. Look for a rise around Monday and Tuesday when it airs on other stations, mainly Tokyo-MX, Sun TV, and TV Aichi.

Wandering Soul
2015-05-16, 21:08
Dub update:

Whelp, I can confirm that today's dubbed episode is the most cringeworthy yet, containing such golden lines as;

"I'll slap this monkey around, while you pound that pussy!" -Tannin

"Shut your whore mouth!" -Issei

"That speech inspired me to a full on chubby." -also Issei

"Before you can kick out the beats in Balance Breaker, you need a radical catalyst." -Ddraig

It's all around madness.
What?:heh:. Can the dub get anymore cringe worthy than this?

Starway
2015-05-16, 21:32
I couldn't read that to save my life, but until yesterday the Stalker points (or whatever the nomenclature is) were something between 5k and 7k BDs. NEW also had 7k as a prediction at this point when it was airing and it ended up selling 9k, so there's still a chance it sells as much as previous seasons.

Just to give a comparison point (for most cases, it depends on how much money is being invested in a series, but since it's DxD, no need to worry much): 3k means it paid itself. 4k and above is profit.
Yep thats about right with the amount of BDs they sell the chance of not getting a 4th season is about 1% or something
What?:heh:. Can the dub get anymore cringe worthy than this?
Yeah season one had some a bad dialogue changes which makes plot holes and has lines that you'd think it were a abighed series season 2 is the same and season 3 not only has some of the stupidest dialogue Ever written but also changes two of the main voice actors with horrible replacements which is a shame cuz the voices were not bad.

Chichiryuushintei
2015-05-16, 21:35
Yeah season one had some a bad dialogue changes which makes plot holes and has lines that you'd think it were a abighed series season 2 is the same and season 3 not only has some of the stupidest dialogue Ever written but also changes two of the main voice actors with horrible replacements which is a shame cuz the voices were not bad.

S1 was at least a bit funny. I only managed to watch half of NEW dubbed, and I'm going to be dead ten times over before I touch the BorN dub.

KnightShade
2015-05-16, 21:37
it's dubs like these i show my casual anime friends to remind them why subs are the way to go.

B214
2015-05-16, 21:46
They make the song for a show before almost anything so no that doesn't mean that. They'll probably make it so the song is the final push for the show.

But Issei help made the song before the Rating Game with Diodora but now it's changed to after. There might some major changes here.

S1 was at least a bit funny. I only managed to watch half of NEW dubbed, and I'm going to be dead ten times over before I touch the BorN dub.

This is why i skip the dubs.

GDB
2015-05-16, 21:50
They synthesize his face and voice in the show anyway. Why's it a big deal if they synthesize his voice for the song?

Chichiryuushintei
2015-05-16, 21:53
They synthesize his face and voice in the show anyway. Why's it a big deal if they synthesize his voice for the song?

I don't know either. As long as it's done right, I'm fine with it.

MV5
2015-05-16, 21:58

Something something it doesn't follow the novel something something. A slight alteration is not really something to make a mountain out of a mole hill. It follows with what the anime is doing anyway, and more than likely episode 10 is when we get the talk show scene.

B214
2015-05-16, 22:24

Because it'll remove the interaction between Issei and the kids.

Everyone was dumbfounded. We didn't know how to respond. I then understood. This is most likely the video taken at that television studio. Looks like the filming when only he was asked to come was a children's music programme.
And the name of the song is “The Song of Oppai Dragon”!
They filmed it by having Ise-kun using his Balance Breaker, and made him dance with the children. Seeing this video, I'm really shocked. And the ones who made the songs are……. What are you people seriously doing!?

Well that just a personal thought anyway. I guess they'll do it in the method you said.

Parry999
2015-05-16, 22:27
Odin"I like what your husband did with your hair." says to azazel
Sirzech"Charming its been to long lord odin how we missed your casual homophobic banter".

Chichiryuushintei
2015-05-16, 22:29
Because it'll remove the interaction between Issei and the kids.

Well that just a personal thought anyway. I guess they'll do it in the method you said.

Hmm, that's actually a valid argument, but they were most likely child actors who appear in TV ads and stuff like that. Most kids who are fans of the Oppai Dragon seems to like him because of the tokusatsu show that is a great part of their childhood. And he still has the autograph sessions and other stuff like the movie, so interaction will still be there.

Parry999
2015-05-16, 22:49
What?:heh:. Can the dub get anymore cringe worthy than this? I thought episode 3 was the best worst thing i every watched in my life till issei called rias rias at the end.

The 48th Ronin
2015-05-17, 01:24
So, Kaji-san's going to sing the Oppai Dragon Song? Please don't make it as bad as your Guren no Yumiya rendition. LOL. :p

Somethindarker
2015-05-17, 04:41
The episode really was great so far the changes have been good and faithful hopefully they keep going and don't fuck it up like the Loki arc.

bluestahli1
2015-05-17, 05:52
Ok ok, everybody hates Diodora but I have to admit I really likes his eyes.. there I said it now everybody can hang me under the scorching sun now.

B214
2015-05-17, 06:45
Ok ok, everybody hates Diodora but I have to admit I really likes his eyes.. there I said it now everybody can hang me under the scorching sun now.

Nah we'll just teleport you to the shrine at the exact moment Diodora tries to kiss Asia and kisses you instead.

bluestahli1
2015-05-17, 06:58
Nah we'll just teleport you to the shrine at the exact moment Diodora tries to kiss Asia and kisses you instead.

Nice, even better!

Chichiryuushintei
2015-05-17, 07:52

I also like his eyes. They give him a more villainy aura, and multiply my will to punch him in the face by 1000.

ImperialFlameGod8190
2015-05-17, 08:25
I also like his eyes. They give him a more villainy aura, and multiply my will to punch him in the face by 1000.

i can agree with that.

Biohazardous
2015-05-17, 08:42
i can agree with that.

Omg they agree. :D

GDB
2015-05-17, 09:07
So, Kaji-san's going to sing the Oppai Dragon Song? Please don't make it as bad as your Guren no Yumiya rendition. LOL. :p

They already released the song in a PV months ago.

Chichiryuushintei
2015-05-17, 09:11
They already released the song in a PV months ago.

Oh yeah that.

*Re-watches it*

Still glorious as fu*k.

GrrDraxin
2015-05-17, 10:33
But, isn't that the "unofficial" edition of the OD song? I can see it being done as a duet of Ise and Rias, both as their OD & SP personas, but like we care. Of course we do! You gotta have a proper female "iyaan" for that "zoom zoom".

Chichiryuushintei
2015-05-17, 10:36
But, isn't that the "unofficial" edition of the OD song? I can see it being done as a duet of Ise and Rias, both as their OD & SP personas, but like we care.

How is it unofficial? It was made by TNK and sung by Ise. Sounds official to me.

And I think she would rather die then sing that song, unless Ise asked her while calling her "Rias".

GrrDraxin
2015-05-17, 10:56
Well, yes... it is official, but it's official only as part of the PV, and not in the show as of yet. We might get a slightly different sounding version in the show itself when the scene happens. I hope it doesn't sound exactly like the PV version. You know, add some flare to it, and change things up some.

Chichiryuushintei
2015-05-17, 11:01
Well, yes... it is official, but it's official only as part of the PV, and not in the show as of yet. We might get a slightly different sounding version in the show itself when the scene happens. I hope it doesn't sound exactly like the PV version. You know, add some flare to it, and change things up some.

Ah, I get it now, okay. Well, I think they could add some stuff (Even if the PV already had some extra verses compared to the LN), but I don't really cae about anything being added to the song, I'm more hyped about the dancing.

GrrDraxin
2015-05-17, 11:12
I want to hear a version sung by a female, even if only partly. Heck, even having the other characters doing the various verses and/or chorus would be interesting, especially if it's embarrassing for them to do it.

B214
2015-05-17, 11:25
I wonder what would the song be like if it's sung by everyone in the ORC. Probably too complex to listen eh. :heh:

GDB
2015-05-17, 11:45
Yeah, would definitely be too many cooks in the kitchen.

That said... seeing Kiba sing this would be hilarious on every possible level.

ImperialFlameGod8190
2015-05-17, 12:02
Quite frankly i think what makes the song is that you have a bunch of little kids saying it.
Like i picture the video being soemthing like this little kids holding hands in a circle dancing singing the song. In the middle is a magic circle and issei appears out of the circle at the end

WingsoftheDragonix

Same here, but you forget something important that needs to be done before punch him in the face. You need to drench your hand in holy water.

B214

Yeah that would be hilarious.

Biohazardous
2015-05-18, 08:36
I want to hear a version sung by a female, even if only partly. Heck, even having the other characters doing the various verses and/or chorus would be interesting, especially if it's embarrassing for them to do it.

That would be awesome to see.

He would totally do it. He might even want the gun used on him before he does it.

The 48th Ronin
2015-05-19, 22:36
Please, don't mention that... thing... again. :heh:

Anyways, after watching Ep 7 I can finally say this:

"FUCK YOU, DIODORA ASTAROTH! I CURSE YOU AND ALL YOUR FUTURE SPAWNS!!!"

ImperialFlameGod8190
2015-05-19, 22:46
Hm im curious whens the new opening gonna be i mean typically they switch openings around now. Well lets see what happens

B214
2015-05-19, 22:48
There's no new OP though. Only 1 OP this season.

Archilla
2015-05-19, 22:57
Please, don't mention that... thing... again. :heh:

Anyways, after watching Ep 7 I can finally say this:

"FUCK YOU, DIODORA ASTAROTH! I CURSE YOU AND ALL YOUR FUTURE SPAWNS!!!"

Just keep reminding yourself that the stomp approaches.

ImperialFlameGod8190
2015-05-20, 04:58
There's no new OP though. Only 1 OP this season.

thats interesting.

Chichiryuushintei
2015-05-20, 05:09
Hm im curious whens the new opening gonna be i mean typically they switch openings around now. Well lets see what happens

Season 1 had only one opening.

ImperialFlameGod8190
2015-05-20, 05:15
^heh o well thats no fun.

Chichiryuushintei
2015-05-20, 05:28
^heh o well thats no fun.

So you really think it'd be better for them to waste budget in a Season that's already looking bad (animation-wise) with something like a second opening when the current is more than good enough?

ImperialFlameGod8190
2015-05-20, 07:35
So you really think it'd be better for them to waste budget in a Season that's already looking bad (animation-wise) with something like a second opening when the current is more than good enough?

No (though i am amused u admit the animation is weak). I just found it interesting how they had the switch in season 2 to reflect the change in storyline.

So lets talk actual story now. Whats interesting about the setup for the next one is it looks like they're gonna cover. Freed obviously and at the very least the fight with the queen (when the girls blast her because they're arguing over Issei). But for some bizzare reason i get the sense that they're not gonna get to Diodora's ass kicking in THIS episode. They're going out of their way to show Sairoarg and everyone else fighting which strikes me as disturbing.

I'll say this ahead of time Chichi. When the episode airs a large amount of what my rating will be based on is pacing.

Chichiryuushintei
2015-05-20, 07:49
No (though i am amused u admit the animation is weak). I just found it interesting how they had the switch in season 2 to reflect the change in storyline.

So lets talk actual story now. Whats interesting about the setup for the next one is it looks like they're gonna cover. Freed obviously and at the very least the fight with the queen (when the girls blast her because they're arguing over Issei). But for some bizzare reason i get the sense that they're not gonna get to Diodora's ass kicking in THIS episode. They're going out of their way to show Sairoarg and everyone else fighting which strikes me as disturbing.

I'll say this ahead of time Chichi. When the episode airs a large amount of what my rating will be based on is pacing.
They didn't have to, they wanted to, and even then they reused 80% of the first one. The OP already gives heavy hints it's going to have another Ise VS Vali at the end.

Animation has nothing to do with subjectivity or opinion. Either it's bad, average or good. But until the BDs are out I'm not going to hold it against them. Probably even if it's still bad I'll not complain since I don't care that much about that.

They already showed Sairaorg and the others beating the crap out of the fodders, I don't see why they'd do it again in the next EP. Maybe Sirzechs VS Creuzerey, but nothing else.

What you base your ratings on is nothing of my business really.

kusabireika
2015-05-20, 07:52
^ as long as Gasper or Mil-Tan has screen time I'm ok with it ^^V :blush:

Gary29
2015-05-20, 07:58

Apparently TNK went crazy all-out with Juggernaut Drive and the Oppai Dragon Song, so that probably explains it.

Diodora's curbstomp should occur next episode, ending with Asia's "death". Since episode 9 is "Dragon of Dragons", I don't think they have time for Diodora, Shalba, JD, AND Great Red/Ophis. Really, there's no reason to show further fights of Sairaorg and company when we already know what they're up to. Sirzechs vs Creuserey will take up that time.

Chichiryuushintei
2015-05-20, 08:18
Apparently TNK went crazy all-out with Juggernaut Drive and the Oppai Dragon Song, so that probably explains it.

I'm trying to convince myself there'll be some badass music and that's it. If I expect sakuga-level animation I'm going to have a bad time

Biohazardous
2015-05-20, 08:27
They should have some epic music for JD. :)

Somethindarker
2015-05-20, 08:44
I'm trying to convince myself there'll be some badass music and that's it. If I expect sakuga-level animation I'm going to have a bad time

My hopes aren't up all that much, the Vali vs Issei fight was decent not great as was his fight with Raizer so I expect similar level production, for some reason I get the feeling the Sairorg vs Issei fight is gonna be the one that steals the show although honestly after the Loki arc mess anything would be better.

Chichiryuushintei
2015-05-20, 09:17
My hopes aren't up all that much, the Vali vs Issei fight was decent not great as was his fight with Raizer so I expect similar level production, for some reason I get the feeling the Sairorg vs Issei fight is gonna be the one that steals the show although honestly after the Loki arc mess anything would be better.

Being on the level of the Vali fight in NEW is more than enough for me. It's TNK we are talking about, not fucking ufotable.

Loki isn't finished yet.

ImperialFlameGod8190
2015-05-20, 12:17
Yea lets see what happens

Chichiryuushintei
2015-05-23, 09:35
Countdown to awesomeness: 7 days remaining.

Chichiryuushintei
2015-05-23, 09:52
Can someone tell me why Ophis has a "Imma kick yo ass" in that preview?"

DragoMuseveni
2015-05-23, 10:03

Perhaps is that line when Ophis said "I will defeat the great red" or something like that . can`t wait till episode 9

Chichiryuushintei
2015-05-23, 10:15
Perhaps is that line when Ophis said "I will defeat the great red" or something like that . can`t wait till episode 9

It's funny to look at for some reason. But at least it improved from that awful appearence she had in NEW. I wanted to offer her a cheeseburguer or thirty when I saw her then.

DragoMuseveni
2015-05-23, 10:40
That roar .... that form .... i can`t wait .

Beautiful episode indeed . 10/10

B214
2015-05-23, 11:00

Actually she was saying to someone that he/she/they can't defeat her/him/it.

Chichiryuushintei
2015-05-23, 11:02
>Sees preview for episode 9

[The hype... is real]

It seems that theory about Ise not going JD until episode 11 is moot now. Thank you deceased God!

DragoMuseveni
2015-05-23, 11:02
Actually she was saying to someone that he/she/they can't defeat her/him/it.

I believe she speaks with Azazel in that shot

B214
2015-05-23, 11:06
>Sees preview for episode 9

[The hype... is real]

It seems that theory about Ise not going JD until episode 11 is moot now. Thank you deceased God!

Yeah hope that there'll be a good OST to accompany it. :D

I believe she speaks with Azazel in that shot

Most probably.

Chichiryuushintei
2015-05-23, 11:10
Yeah hope that there'll be a good OST to accompany it. :D

Most probably.

I'm being a bit greedy and hoping for it being an actual song, having latin vocals or something. I didn't notice many new songs this season, so maybe there's a possibility they focused the budget only on that.

ImperialFlameGod8190
2015-05-23, 11:11
Its weird i'm not as blown away as you guys are by the episode. Did it have the moments we wanted yes but did it have the impact you wanted along with those moments to me no. Its probably because the fights before the good moments were so cheesy that it lessened the impact. I gave it a 6/10 because i felt like it could've been a lot better.

Chichiryuushintei
2015-05-23, 11:16
Its weird i'm not as blown away as you guys are by the episode. Did it have the moments we wanted yes but did it have the impact you wanted along with those moments to me no. Its probably because the fights before the good moments were so cheesy that it lessened the impact. I gave it a 6/10 because i felt like it could've been a lot better.

Considering those fights were shit in the LN too, no, it couldn't have been done better, unless they put more budget in it, and it's not worth to waste it in fodder.

Seafoam
2015-05-23, 11:17

Yeah but wasn't the only purpose of this episode just setup for the next? It's not like this was any better in the LN. If anything the anime did better IMO only because of actually getting to see Diodora get his ass beaten.

ImperialFlameGod8190
2015-05-23, 11:21
Yeah but wasn't the only purpose of this episode just setup for the next? It's not like this was any better in the LN. If anything the anime did better IMO only because of actually getting to see Diodora get his ass beaten.

The fodder fights werent better i cant disagree wit that. Though issei's fight with the pawns was but Freeds part along with Diodora's ass kicking werent as good. Yea he got his ass kicked but i kinda hoped for less boosting and more butt-kicking. I was imaging him going super dragon and then kicking his ass not all the boosts. IMO there were too many Boosts in the fight really. But thats one mans opinion.

Chichiryuushintei
2015-05-23, 11:23
The fodder fights werent better i cant disagree wit that. Though issei's fight with the pawns was but Freeds part along with Diodora's ass kicking werent as good. Yea he got his ass kicked but i kinda hoped for less boosting and more butt-kicking. I was imaging him going super dragon and then kicking his ass not all the boosts. IMO there were too many Boosts in the fight really. But thats one mans opinion.

... WOT. There's no such a thing.

Parry999
2015-05-23, 11:34
Strange there was no Shalba in the preview.

DragoMuseveni
2015-05-23, 11:35
Strange there was no Shalba in the preview.

He made a cameo in episode 7 if i remember corectly

ImperialFlameGod8190
2015-05-23, 11:37
... WOT. There's no such a thing.

There is such a thing. The LN version made it seem like he went Super Dragon and pounded him into a pulp like that. This version he goes Super dragon. pounds him a bit goes for 5 rage boosts. the original fight felt much more like an ass-kicking then this one.

Parry999
2015-05-23, 11:42
There is such a thing. The LN version made it seem like he went Super Dragon and pounded him into a pulp like that. This version he goes Super dragon. pounds him a bit goes for 5 rage boosts. the original fight felt much more like an ass-kicking then this one. The anime is kind of making it look like ise has a problem with killing people. Which was never in the LN.

Gary29
2015-05-23, 11:45
Freed's part was perfect. And are you really going to complain about how Diodora got beat up? It wasn't exactly like the LN, sure, but was it bad? Not in the slightest. I wouldn't have minded a bit more blood and beating, but who really cares when we got fucking Juggernaut Drive in 165 hours and 15 minutes?

Chichiryuushintei
2015-05-23, 12:08
The anime is kind of making it look like ise has a problem with killing people. Which was never in the LN.

Ise didn't kill Diodora on purpose in the LN too. It's only post-V7 that he stops caring about that.

And damn, this was epic. Only thing that griped me was them just climbing the stairs casually. But since Akeno and Rias don't mind stopping in the middle of a fight for a random chit chat over Ise, that wasn't a big deal.

10/10

ImperialFlameGod8190
2015-05-23, 13:17
^ He didnt kill him because Rias stopped him and because he wanted to avoid having problems with Beelzebubs family thats it.

Granted the subs did me very few favors as far as appreciation of the episode. Booblingual i get it kinda it definitely makes more sense. They changed the device to be that it destroy's asia instead of reversing which makes sense sorta because of whats removed. But in the end all that matters is next week is Juggernaut Drive. That episode i'll wait for subs for sure.

Chichiryuushintei
2015-05-23, 13:21
^ He didnt kill him because Rias stopped him and because he wanted to avoid having problems with Beelzebubs family thats it.

Granted the subs did me very few favors as far as appreciation of the episode. Booblingual i get it kinda it definitely makes more sense. They changed the device to be that it destroy's asia instead of reversing which makes sense sorta because of whats removed. But in the end all that matters is next week is Juggernaut Drive. That episode i'll wait for subs for sure.
No, he didn't kill him because he was still too soft. He even thought so. Rias didn't even try to stop him or anything.

I don't trust Funimation for subs, I'm going to wait for the fan-made ones.

DragoMuseveni
2015-05-23, 13:48
Funimation translation is still annoying

Is BILINGUAL nu BOOBLINGUAL

Chichiryuushintei
2015-05-23, 13:51
Funimation translation is still annoying

Is BILINGUAL nu BOOBLINGUAL

That's why I stopped watching their version. It's better wait to wait for H**yuu or F*F.

GDB
2015-05-23, 16:33
*shrug*

I figure I'll be watching it multiple times anyway, just like I did with the previous seasons. Might as well watch ASAP so the next time isn't quite as close. :p

Somethindarker
2015-05-23, 17:47
*shrug*

I figure I'll be watching it multiple times anyway, just like I did with the previous seasons. Might as well watch ASAP so the next time isn't quite as close. :p

Thing is the first two seasons I would easily rewatch all sub versions but I'm finding this season a bit hard to do that. Maybe it's the less amount of slice of life or the faster pace compared to them anyway the last couple of episodes have been better even though I wasn't overly impressed with the Diodora beatdown.

ImperialFlameGod8190
2015-05-24, 10:02
Countdown to awesomeness: 7 days remaining.

Countdown to awesomeness: 6 days remaining.

Somethindarker
2015-05-24, 12:18
Hope it's good I really do but I've been consistently let down with part 3.

ImperialFlameGod8190
2015-05-24, 12:43
Hope it's good I really do but I've been consistently let down with part 3.

hm what do u mean by that.

Somethindarker
2015-05-24, 13:17
hm what do u mean by that.

Well this season 3 has proven to be my least favorite so far, it started off decently although a little rushed but I was ok with that then most of my favorite parts of volumes 5 and 6 were just either ignored or glossed over in favor of shoehorning in Loki's arc(which in my opinion was just to add Ross who then ended up fucking disappearing into obscurity).The last couple of episodes were good but nothing spectacular although I liked the Diodora beatdown and am hoping they do JD justice.

ImperialFlameGod8190
2015-05-24, 13:21
Well this season 3 has proven to be my least favorite so far, it started off decently although a little rushed but I was ok with that then most of my favorite parts of volumes 5 and 7 were just either ignored or glossed over in favor of shoehorning in Loki's arc(which in my opinion was just to add Ross who then ended up fucking disappearing into obscurity).The last couple of episodes were good but nothing spectacular although I liked the Diodora beatdown and am hoping they do JD justice.

Well i corrected the part about it being 5 and 7 but amusingly enough i agree with you on everything. Though i guess i shouldnt be surprised that someone else agrees im a bit amused. Well either way everyone is hoping that JD is done well. Frankly its a bit terrifying. Though i must admit i'm actually looking forward to the dub of this season to see some of the things they do next.

Somethindarker
2015-05-24, 13:36
Well i corrected the part about it being 5 and 7 but amusingly enough i agree with you on everything. Though i guess i shouldnt be surprised that someone else agrees im a bit amused. Well either way everyone is hoping that JD is done well. Frankly its a bit terrifying. Though i must admit i'm actually looking forward to the dub of this season to see some of the things they do next.

Yea I figured as much. It's a shame really this season especially I wanted to be done right with the same pace as the previous two since the quality and heart of the plot in volumes 5-6 is well above 1-4 in my opinion. Whoever decided to lean that far away from the story is a fucking idiot Loki's arc served absolutely no real purpose other than to have a big bad to fight, now when JD happens it won't have nearly the same impact as it would've since all the development in volume 5 has been butchered.

Chichiryuushintei
2015-05-24, 13:52
Yea I figured as much. It's a shame really this season especially I wanted to be done right with the same pace as the previous two since the quality and heart of the plot in volumes 5-6 is well above 1-4 in my opinion. Whoever decided to lean that far away from the story is a fucking idiot Loki's arc served absolutely no real purpose other than to have a big bad to fight, now when JD happens it won't have nearly the same impact as it would've since all the development in volume 5 has been butchered.
JD has nothing to do with the RG against Sona, so I really don't see what you're talking about.

About them putting V7 in BorN, it's called thinking ahead.

Now they can end the series in Season 5 with V12 instead of finishing S5 with 11 and leaving it at that, since I doubt there'll be a S6.

evalot1997
2015-05-24, 13:56
What do you expect when three volumes worth of essential contents is so obviously rushed and then proceeded to be compressed into the format schedule of a standard 12 episodes season..

GDB
2015-05-24, 14:00
I expect people not to act like the world is ending, and to realize that season 2 slogged along because even less happened then than now. The only difference was new characters being introduced and built up. And that's not going to happen anymore, because Rossweiss is the last "main character" to be introduced and she doesn't even get properly built up in the LN.

Chichiryuushintei
2015-05-24, 14:08
What do you expect when three volumes worth of essential contents is so obviously rushed and then proceeded to be compressed into the format schedule of a standard 12 episodes season..

Considering all the essential parts are there, I really don't see this "obviously rushed" you're talking about.

Only thing that was definitely rushed was Akeno's development. And since there's still going to be more of it, complaints of what they did up to now when there's still 1/3 of the Season to be done is just whining.

And you people seems to ignore the fact the BDs have extra footage.

Somethindarker
2015-05-24, 14:14
JD has nothing to do with the RG against Sona, so I really don't see what you're talking about.

Wasn't talking about the rating game against Sona at all where did you get that? Through volumes 5-6 Asia and Issei relationship, Sona's peerage was developed Saji and Issei had their epic duel and Issei's family basically adopted Asia. But now we got offhanded comments and Saji just showing up out of no where already with his upgrade. Instead of a concise story we got so much shit flying our way that nothing really sticks and things just happen.

About them putting V7 in BorN, it's called thinking ahead.

Now they can end the series in Season 5 with V12 instead of finishing S5 with 11 and leaving it at that, since I doubt there'll be a S6.

Considering DxD is their highest selling anime the studio will milk it for all it's worth so I doubt they have plans to end it any time soon unless it sells like shit, Diamadaler and Blade Dance basically bombed so DxD is their golden goose.

I expect people not to act like the world is ending, and to realize that season 2 slogged along because even less happened then than now. The only difference was new characters being introduced and built up. And that's not going to happen anymore, because Rossweiss is the last "main character" to be introduced and she doesn't even get properly built up in the LN.

I'm disappointed not angry or anything my world is not ending in the least I follow alot of shows DxD isn't even my favorite anime or LN series.

Considering all the essential parts are there, I really don't see this "obviously rushed" you're talking about.

Only thing that was definitely rushed was Akeno's development. And since there's still going to be more of it, complaints of what they did up to now when there's still 1/3 of the Season to be done is just whining.

And you people seems to ignore the fact the BDs have extra footage.

Oh it is rushed. Akeno's development, Koneko's development, Xenovia, Kiba and Sona's peerage to say the least all got ignored. Thing is they could have done it right the first two seasons had a lot of filler that wasn't needed because they were lighter with the plot, This one if they'd done it right the last 1/3 of the show could've been the build up to Loki's fight and ending with the foreshadowing of Chaos Brigade.

Chichiryuushintei
2015-05-24, 14:23
Wasn't talking about the rating game against Sona at all where did you get that? Through volumes 5-6 Asia and Issei relationship, Sona's peerage was developed Saji and Issei had their epic duel and Issei's family basically adopted Asia. But now we got offhanded comments and Saji just showing up out of no where already with his upgrade. Instead of a concise story we got so much shit flying our way that nothing really sticks and things just happen.

Ise's parents treat Asia like a daughter since she moved in. It didn't just started at volumes 5-6, even in NEW it showed they treated her with more care then they did their own son for fuck sake.

Saji said a few episodes before the fight Azazel had helped him during the one month training, it wasn't out of nowhere.

All the development Sona's peerage had was in the fight against Loki except for Reverse, which simply never appears again after volume 6, so it's not a big deal.

Considering DxD is their highest selling anime the studio will milk it for all it's worth so I doubt they have plans to end it any time soon unless it sells like shit, Diamadaler and Blade Dance basically bombed so DxD is their golden goose.
Each season will sell less then the previous one. That's a rule of seasonal anime.

Oh it is rushed. Akeno's development, Koneko's development, Xenovia, Kiba and Sona's peerage to say the least all got ignored. Thing is they could have done it right the first two seasons had a lot of filler that wasn't needed because they were lighter with the plot, This one if they'd done it right the last 1/3 of the show could've been the build up to Loki's fight and ending with the foreshadowing of Chaos Brigade.

Koneko's development wasn't rushed at all. Xenovia and Kiba had all the development they had in the LNs, same thing for Sona's peerage like I said above.

How do you know there won't be any foreshadowing for the Hero Faction? Have you seen the storyboards for the last 4 episodes?

Somethindarker
2015-05-24, 14:43
Ise's parents treat Asia like a daughter since she moved in. It didn't just started at volumes 5-6, even in NEW it showed they treated her with more care then they did their own son for fuck sake.

Saji said a few episodes before the fight Azazel had helped him during the one month training, it wasn't out of nowhere.

All the development Sona's peerage had was in the fight against Loki except for Reverse, which simply never appears again after volume 6, so it's not a big deal.

Each season will sell less then the previous one. That's a rule of seasonal anime.

Koneko's development wasn't rushed at all. Xenovia and Kiba had all the development they had in the LNs, same thing for Sona's peerage like I said above.

How do you know there won't be any foreshadowing for the Hero Faction? Have you seen the storyboards for the last 4 episodes?

Yea but most of the they do mention is just glossed over or barely talked about. Koneko basically got sick then was ignored while Rias and Issei talked, then during the fight with Loki she was just in the background and then afterward she just hopped on Issei's lap. That was seriously rushed she went from calling him a pervert and an idiot to being in love? Beg to differ dude but it was rushed. Xenovia and Asia hardly had any screen time together and all her conversations with her about Issei were left out completely. Kiba wasn't really expanded much in the LN's but he's had plenty so it's forgivable. Sona's peerage I'm on the fence about part of me was ok with them being ignored but the other part of me was looking forward to their game against Rias' family. They had a couple of "insider news" articles from the japanese equivalent of ANN on 2ch but word is Ishi didn't have much time working on the show which is why some of the crazy changes happened. But then again articles like those are about 50% truth 50% speculations.

Chichiryuushintei
2015-05-24, 14:54
Yea but most of the they do mention is just glossed over or barely talked about. Koneko basically got sick then was ignored while Rias and Issei talked, then during the fight with Loki she was just in the background and then afterward she just hopped on Issei's lap. That was seriously rushed she went from calling him a pervert and an idiot to being in love? Beg to differ dude but it was rushed. Xenovia and Asia hardly had any screen time together and all her conversations with her about Issei were left out completely. Kiba wasn't really expanded much in the LN's but he's had plenty so it's forgivable. Sona's peerage I'm on the fence about part of me was ok with them being ignored but the other part of me was looking forward to their game against Rias' family. They had a couple of "insider news" articles from the japanese equivalent of ANN on 2ch but word is Ishi didn't have much time working on the show which is why some of the crazy changes happened. But then again articles like those are about 50% truth 50% speculations.

Rias wanted to talk with Ise and Koneko was bedridden, of course they'd leave her alone to not disturb her rest.
And you pretty much seems to have "forgotten" she fell for him mainly because of his attitude in the fight against Kuroka. That was in the anime.

She still calls him an idiot and a pervert, just look at episode 8. Besides, she started to warm up to him in V4.

Please point me to those conversation with Asia that were put out, because I seriously have no idea what you're talking about.

Rumours coming from 2chan, yeah, of course I'll believe that. Even more when Ishibumi himself said he approved of all the changes they made.

Somethindarker
2015-05-24, 15:02
Rias wanted to talk with Ise and Koneko was bedridden, of course they'd leave her alone to not disturb her rest.
And you pretty much seems to have "forgotten" she fell for him mainly because of his attitude in the fight against Kuroka. That was in the anime.

She still calls him an idiot and a pervert, just look at episode 8. Besides, she started to warm up to him in V4.

Please point me to those conversation with Asia that were put out, because I seriously have no idea what you're talking about.

Rumours coming from 2chan, yeah, of course I'll believe that. Even more when Ishibumi himself said he approved of all the changes they made.

Let's agree to disagree on Koneko's story arc I find it rushed and you're ok with it. I can't remember specifically the conversations and I don't feel like skimming into volume 5 or 6 right now but the gist of it was they talked about love, their friendship and basically how they like being devils. They're in there and spread out I think one of them was right after their little training camp. Like I said it was a thread on 2ch but the articles they were discussing was some otaku magazine mentioning Ishi taking a little more hands off approach to s3 because of deadlines or something.

Chichiryuushintei
2015-05-24, 15:07
Let's agree to disagree on Koneko's story arc I find it rushed and you're ok with it. I can't remember specifically the conversations and I don't feel like skimming into volume 5 or 6 right now but the gist of it was they talked about love, their friendship and basically how they like being devils. They're in there and spread out I think one of them was right after their little training camp. Like I said it was a thread on 2ch but the articles they were discussing was some otaku magazine mentioning Ishi taking a little more hands off approach to s3 because of deadlines or something.
Ise and Asia did talk about being together forever, and she even said she was happy with her current lifestyle in the anime. So it's still there, even if not as focused on.

If there was official info about him doing that, he wouldn't have said the complete opposite in his blog and twitter.

Somethindarker
2015-05-24, 15:12
Ise and Asia did talk about being together forever, and she even said she was happy with her current lifestyle in the anime. So it's still there, even if not as focused on.

If there was official info about him doing that, he wouldn't have said the complete opposite in his blog and twitter.

Like the japanese are known for expressing their disappointment or resentments openly... Anyway right now the story is good aside from the Loki arc the seasons not THAT bad I guess I'm just focusing on what the left out.

Chichiryuushintei
2015-05-24, 15:26
Like the japanese are known for expressing their disappointment or resentments openly... Anyway right now the story is good aside from the Loki arc the seasons not THAT bad I guess I'm just focusing on what the left out.

When an anime sucks balls as an adaptation, the author normally voices his or her opinions. The author of Mahou Sensou did it, and I heard Hirano Kouta didn't like the first anime adaptation of Hellsing either.

The Loki arc can't be considered as finished though, since there's his curse on Ise, and Chichigami will make his appearence as well.

If anything, he'll turn out to be better as a vilain then he was in the LN. Which is not that difficult actually, considering Diodora turned out to be far better as a villain than his LN counterpart.

Parry999
2015-05-24, 15:29
When an anime sucks balls as an adaptation, the author normally voices his or her opinions. The author of Mahou Sensou did it, and I heard Hirano Kouta didn't like the first anime adaptation of Hellsing either.

The Loki arc can't be considered as finished though, since there's his curse on Ise, and Chichigami will make his appearence as well.

If anything, he'll turn out to be better as a vilain then he was in the LN. Which is not that difficult actually, considering Diodora turned out to be far better as a villain than his LN counterpart. SO did Kokabiel he actually got a chance to fight.

Chichiryuushintei
2015-05-24, 15:35
SO did Kokabiel he actually got a chance to fight.

Was it different in the LN? It's been so long since I've read it.

Parry999
2015-05-24, 15:53
Was it different in the LN? It's been so long since I've read it. Rias attack didn't look like a dragon and ise and kiba didn't land a hit on him. Then vali came ture off his wing divided and hit him in the face and it was over instead of his chest punch ram him to the ground cool move.

B214
2015-05-24, 19:55

You're so focused on the reverse thing that you failed to notice how much importance the Rating Game between Rias and Sona which showed the determination of Sona and her team has for the sake of their dreams. That development is flawless.

When they were introducing themselves, Sona's dream was made fun of and was even laugh at the moment she said it. Sona and her team had to use Rating Game to help them shut those people up. Sona was willing to go to the extreme length to ensure their victory and to open up the road to achieve their dreams that she not only sacrificed her servants to hide herself, she even allowed them to use [Reverse] which can harm them and in worst case cause their deaths. Same goes to others. Saji's determination which ultimately helped them beat Issei, and the extreme length Sona's servants would go just to win by even utilizing [Reverse] even knowing the dangers and consequences. Momo even jumped in to turn Asia's healing aura to offensive aura and ended up eliminating herself.

Those are the things that were impressive about that game. Not the [Reverse] thing that you kept on babbling on and on but the determination and willingness the Sitri team will take to attain their dreams.

GDB
2015-05-24, 20:04
Honestly... letting (or even encouraging) your peerage to use lift threatening measures just to win a game tells me you probably shouldn't be thinking about becoming a teacher any time soon. Especially if the purpose of said school is for low ranked devils to learn how to fight, and you use a technique that damages your own abilities...

B214
2015-05-24, 20:16
Honestly... letting (or even encouraging) your peerage to use lift threatening measures just to win a game tells me you probably shouldn't be thinking about becoming a teacher any time soon. Especially if the purpose of said school is for low ranked devils to learn how to fight, and you use a technique that damages your own abilities...

They just need that ability to win, they weren't going to teach that to the students.

KnightShade
2015-05-24, 20:39

it's not just a game, the very outcome would determine the success of their dreams. knowing when to resort to a gamble technique like reverse is something that would be taught in a school for fighting. let's try to undermine sona, a master strategist who even used gremory group better than rias could in v14.

Chichiryuushintei
2015-05-24, 20:57
it's not just a game, the very outcome would determine the success of their dreams. knowing when to resort to a gamble technique like reverse is something that would be taught in a school for fighting. let's try to undermine sona, a master strategist who even used gremory group better than rias could in v14.
She lost and still can achieve her dream. So yeah, her servants risking their lives by using [Reverse] didn't really matter for anything in the end.

She's the same strategist that recognized there was no real need for strategy with such monsters as servants.

B214
2015-05-24, 21:08
She lost and still can achieve her dream. So yeah, her servants risking their lives by using [Reverse] didn't really matter for anything in the end.

She's the same strategist that recognized there was no real need for strategy with such monsters as servants.

She lost but she shut her doubters and condemners up. No one in the upper echelon treated Sona and her servants' dreams seriously until that Rating Game.

Chichiryuushintei
2015-05-24, 21:13
She lost but she shut her doubters and condemners up. No one in the upper echelon treated Sona and her servants' dreams seriously until that Rating Game.

And did they start respecting it after the RG? Because IIRC, one of the reasons her school was built in Sairaorg's mom's territory was that the higher-ups wouldn't be able to do anything about it there.

B214
2015-05-24, 21:19
And did they start respecting it after the RG? Because IIRC, one of the reasons her school was built in Sairaorg's mom's territory was that the higher-ups wouldn't be able to do anything about it there.

That school is build on the Agares land. =__=

Normally, it wouldn’t have been weird for the school to be built in the Sitri’s territory, which belongs to the next heiress of the House of Sitri who was hoping for this to happen, but political issues had to get involved here too. Rather, it turned into quite a complicated situation.
Maybe the reason for Sona-kaichou building this school may have a bit of Serafall Leviathan-sama’s intention who is her sister? —Apparently there are those who are saying such things.
Obviously Leviathan-sama who is all supportive of Sona-kaichou was being positive about the establishment of this school.
However, this action will stimulate the politicians, the higher-ups with peerage that had been taking importance of the old bloodline. From their eyes, a “Rating Game school where anyone can enrol regardless of their rank” will be something which they would not like. Obviously there will be opinion and pressure which would be against this. If Leviathan-sama becomes stubborn and argues back at them, then it won’t be weird if they take her action as “Leviathan’s political action”.
The reason why Rias, the Gremory, couldn’t intervene in this matter was due to this reason. If the higher up takes this as the intention of the Gremory, in other words Sirzechs-sama, then they are assuming that the chances of dispute between the factions of Four Great Maou may get heated up.
In the end, Rias……could only help to the degree where she won’t get much attention.
I heard that Sona-kaichou seriously thought about abandoning this dreams of hers. Apparently doing something which would result in affecting her sister’s politic standing is something the next heiress of the House of Sitri shouldn’t do and is considered as a foolish act.
However, a saviour appeared.
“If that’s the case, we will become the middleman and build the school within our territory and do this seriously while paying attention to the higher-ups.”

Imagine what would happen if Sona failed to prove herself in that Rating Game with Rias or she lost against Agares? She'd literally have no chance at all. Just like how Sairaorg's supporters left him after he lost to Issei, if Sona can't prove herself, Serafall's supporters won't support Serafall's intention to help her sister.

Chichiryuushintei
2015-05-24, 21:34
That school is build on the Agares land. =__= I mixed things up, sorry then. :heh:
what would happen if Sona failed to prove herself in that Rating Game with Rias or she lost against Agares? She'd literally have no chance at all. Just like how Sairaorg's supporters left him after he lost to Issei, if Sona can't prove herself, Serafall's supporters won't support Serafall's intention to help her sister.

By that text, the only family supporting her is the Agares. All of the others seem to be pretty adamant about not allowing such school to be built.

And, going by that logic, they supported her because of her victory over Seekvaira, not because of her RG with Rias.

GDB
2015-05-24, 21:41
Just like how Sairaorg's supporters left him after he lost to Issei, if Sona can't prove herself, Serafall's supporters won't support Serafall's intention to help her sister.

Sairaorg proved himself just as much as Sona did against the Gremory group. Yet somehow he lost support while she gained it? Even though the latter was a much more thorough defeat?

B214
2015-05-24, 21:53
By that text, the only family supporting her is the Agares. All of the others seem to be pretty adamant about not allowing such school to be built.

And, going by that logic, they supported her because of her victory over Seekvaira, not because of her RG with Rias.

No the match against the Gremory triggered it. No one gave Sona's team any chance against Rias' team at all, plus the most important thing is that Odin praised Saji in that match and he even received a medal, whether they like it or not if the upper echelon tries to say otherwise it'll be like insulting the Chief God of Norse. So if Odin hadn't praised the performance of the Sitri group, specifically Saji, their lost to Rias would have meant the end of their dream.

Sairaorg proved himself just as much as Sona did against the Gremory group. Yet somehow he lost support while she gained it? Even though the latter was a much more thorough defeat?

Because the Bael don't like Sairaorg remember. If Sairaorg lose then the Bael can once again pull Sairaorg down they don't want to be involved in that.

Chichiryuushintei
2015-05-24, 22:05
No the match against the Gremory triggered it. No one gave Sona's team any chance against Rias' team at all, plus the most important thing is that Odin praised Saji in that match and he even received a medal, whether they like it or not if the upper echelon tries to say otherwise it'll be like insulting the Chief God of Norse. So if Odin hadn't praised the performance of the Sitri group, specifically Saji, their lost to Rias would have meant the end of their dream.
I don't think High Class Devils give a shit about a foreigner God's opinion. And they still were against it even after Sona beat Seekvaira, so yeah, the only reason her dream has hope of coming true is because the Agares family decided to support her. And nothing indicates Sona didn't show equal determination in the match against the future heir of the Agares clan. Seekvaira seems to be well accepted as such so she probably has some influence with the current head of the family.

B214
2015-05-24, 22:16
I don't think High Class Devils give a shit about a foreigner God's opinion. And they still were against it even after Sona beat Seekvaira, so yeah, the only reason her dream has hope of coming true is because the Agares family decided to support her. And nothing indicates Sona didn't show equal determination in the match against the future heir of the Agares clan. Seekvaira seems to be well accepted as such so she probably has some influence with the current head of the family.

A foreign Chief God not foreign God, also if Odin's words didn't have any influence at all Vali and especially Kuroka wouldn't have been pardon by the Devils genius.

Cause their match was a Scramble Flag match, their goal is to gather more flags to win not to beat their opponent to win.

And the reason why Agares agreed is because it's their job to ensure that Serafall and the upper echelon doesn't go out on a full scale political war, it's not fully related to Seeky.

Chichiryuushintei
2015-05-24, 22:25
A foreign Chief God not foreign God, also if Odin's words didn't have any influence at all Vali and especially Kuroka wouldn't have been pardon by the Devils genius.

Cause their match was a Scramble Flag match, their goal is to gather more flags to win not to beat their opponent to win.

And the reason why Agares agreed is because it's their job to ensure that Serafall and the upper echelon doesn't go out on a full scale political war, it's not fully related to Seeky.

1) It was never said they pardoned Vali, he was adopted by Odin, so now he's part of the Norse Faction. Same way no one can do shit about Cao Cao because he's Indra's vanguard.

2)So because the goal of the game is different she couldn't have shown determination to win? Please explain this to me.

3)Then it'd have happened even if she didn't do anything in the RG, since the High Class was still so against the school at this point.

B214
2015-05-24, 22:39
1) It was never said they pardoned Vali, he was adopted by Odin, so now he's part of the Norse Faction. Same way no one can do shit about Cao Cao because he's Indra's vanguard.

2)So because the goal of the game is different she couldn't have shown determination to win? Please explain this to me.

3)Then it'd have happened even if she didn't do anything in the RG, since the High Class was still so against the school at this point.

“This is a good occasion. You should join this team. And also receive a pardon with this amnesty. —Also Sekiryuutei.”
Arthur's words to Le Fay
So they are pardoned, they managed to join through Odin just like how Cao Cao joined through Sakra. Well technically their terms of pardoned aren't fully set by Odin, but he helped them get pardoned, that's a fact.

“……In terms of strategy, the match between Sona-Kaichou and Agares received more attention. The battle they had was a match of taking each others' flag, the “Scramble Flag”. It wasn’t a flashy fight so it wasn’t recognised by others that much. But it received a high rating from the critics as a “hidden professional game”.”

With Rias it was tactics/strategy vs power, here it's strategy vs strategy, clearly different situations.

Chichiryuushintei
2015-05-24, 22:47
Arthur's words to Le Fay
So they are pardoned, they managed to join through Odin just like how Cao Cao joined through Sakra. Well technically their terms of pardoned aren't fully set by Odin, but he helped them get pardoned, that's a fact.

Saji wasn't friggin' adopted by a Chief God. His actions were acknowledged by him privately but that's it. And receiving amnesty doesn't mean the High Class themselves pardoned them.

I wasn't saying it was a super epic flashy match or anything. I said Sona very likely showed determination in that fight as well. It was more tactics oriented, and she proved she was better in that aspect. I doubt she won just by being "Eh, whatever, I lost to Rias anyway, so I'm not even going to try."