PDA

View Full Version : High School DxD season 3 confirmed.

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9

Chichiryuushintei
2015-06-08, 13:33
Not really. What they'll likely do is package the episodes.

The introduction and up to getting BB will be one DVD. the fight with Loki will be a second DvD Diodora is a 3rd and then this is a 4th. If they do it that way things will be fine because the first 3 sections while not my favorite evaluation wise are still solid watches and there are pieces people can watch. The 4th one will get very little sales but the first 3 will balance it out.

Even if they do it as 1 gigantic box people will still buy it because even with all 12 episodes in one CD you do have episodes that people will watch and some they wont. ( i mean seriously before the days of ITunes people would buy entire music CD's of an artist for 3 songs)

If they do 3 thats still fine because they can be really sneaky and put the JD episode with this ending crap so if you wanna watch it on a TV you have to buy one you can simply avoid the others.

So its gonna be a fun ride
It's 6 BDs with 2 EPs each. Plus a bu nch of extra material, like extra scenes Drama CDs and etc...

@Malicre: Do you have any sources that Stalker numbers dropped considerably or anything else that says the pre-orders aren't as good as a few days ago? No? Yeah, I thought so.

Ophis
2015-06-08, 14:03
A complete, and utterly, abomination. That's all I have to say about this shit called 3rd season of DxD. Independently if it sells a lot or not, it's still crap to me. :upset:

Although the first 2 seasons were not perfect, they were still quite well adapted. But this, this is just impossible to watch. They simply screwed everything... :sad:

God, they even managed to do the impossible, that is making the next episode even worse than the previous. While watching this, my eyes bled so much that I almost needed a blood transfusion. :frustrated:

Okay, guys, sorry for the runt, but I needed to vent it for some time already, and this week's episode just blew the fuse. :T_T:

Biohazardous
2015-06-08, 14:24
I may have a spare fuse if you'd like Ophis. :)

Parry999
2015-06-08, 16:41
So it's still missing 99% of the definition of NTR. It's just brainwashing. You know when i say NTR clone I mean that sarcastically.

Chichiryuushintei
2015-06-08, 16:54
You know when i say NTR clone I mean that sarcastically.

I know nothing. This is the internet and I've seen a dozen people bitch about that.

Parry999
2015-06-08, 16:55
I know nothing. This is the internet and I've seen a dozen people bitch about that. You know nothing Jon snow! lol

Chichiryuushintei
2015-06-08, 17:32
You know nothing Jon snow! lol

Your comment reminded me that if each series in my backlog wheighed a kilo, all of it would weigh a ton. :heh:

reinastar
2015-06-08, 17:57
If only it were true, I'd love to see Rias on the other side forever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever.

That is true blue Onii-Sama dark side always win ^_^~

Tbolt
2015-06-08, 19:05
A complete, and utterly, abomination. That's all I have to say about this shit called 3rd season of DxD. Independently if it sells a lot or not, it's still crap to me. :upset:

Although the first 2 seasons were not perfect, they were still quite well adapted. But this, this is just impossible to watch. They simply screwed everything... :sad:

God, they even managed to do the impossible, that is making the next episode even worse than the previous. While watching this, my eyes bled so much that I almost needed a blood transfusion. :frustrated:

Okay, guys, sorry for the runt, but I needed to vent it for some time already, and this week's episode just blew the fuse. :T_T:

Going to have to agree with you Ophis, I have been really disappointed with the story line so far. For me I'm just watching the visuals.

GDB
2015-06-08, 19:11
Where do people get the idea that this is NTR? I'm wondering how many of you actually know the meaning of that phrase ಠ_ಠ

Depending on how lewd Rias gets with fauxsei, it could reach NTR levels. Well, as much NTR as you're going to get outside of hentai.

Archilla
2015-06-08, 20:04
I'm not gonna lie, I don't understand the world-shattering rage over the last episode. Yeah, the clone thing is kinda dumb, but then again that trope has always been dumb.

I love DxD as much as the rest of you, but I just don't see this "disrespect" or "shit" or any of the other sky is falling stuff. I judge each episode based on whether I enioyed watching it or not. I have yet to say no to any of them.

The LN and anime are seperate entities. All I want is the anime to entertain me and keep making Ishibumi money.

GDB
2015-06-08, 20:06
People fear change and the unknown. This isn't the same as the novels, and thus they fear it and hate it.

MV5
2015-06-08, 20:07
Depending on how lewd Rias gets with fauxsei, it could reach NTR levels. Well, as much NTR as you're going to get outside of hentai.
Wouldn't hold my breath on that. Most that will happen is her being draped on fake Issei like last episode when they go to the Dimensional Gap, and judging by the preview, it will be the fake Issei and Rias(maybe others)vs. the ORC.

KnightShade
2015-06-08, 20:24
I'm not gonna lie, I don't understand the world-shattering rage over the last episode. Yeah, the clone thing is kinda dumb, but then again that trope has always been dumb.

I love DxD as much as the rest of you, but I just don't see this "disrespect" or "shit" or any of the other sky is falling stuff. I judge each episode based on whether I enioyed watching it or not. I have yet to say no to any of them.

The LN and anime are seperate entities. All I want is the anime to entertain me and keep making Ishibumi money.

here have my agreement cookies, they're chocolate chip!

Chichiryuushintei
2015-06-08, 20:31

^^^^^This. This a billion times over.

reinastar
2015-06-08, 20:51
^^^^^This. This a billion times over.

No it is not Chichi Onii-Sama ^_^~

bluestahli1
2015-06-09, 04:41
Loads of people wanting the anime to stay true to the LN but there are a few that will expect drastic change in the anime.

reinastar
2015-06-09, 07:06
I really hope evil Rias Onee-Sama will stay ^_^~

B214
2015-06-09, 08:43
Just from info from Ishibumi's twitter

Too lazy to change the title anyway from Ishibumi's twitter.

For Episode 10 and the remaining episodes, the story has the "Rias in Wonderland" as the model, just the concept, not the plot itself) and "The Fun Gremory Life" (V8 Extra Life) will be included, does this mean we'll get the Satan Rangers. If yes please make sure they look good together.

I guess Ishibumi made the changes here to attract people into buying his stories. :heh:

Ultragunner
2015-06-09, 08:54
I think they are trying to end season 3 with Ise and Rias making up, come back to each other and become a real couple, which I have to give them credit for having the gut to do that
(I'm still salty about the absence of the Oppai Dragon Song though).

However, if (just a tiny little "IF") they really went for the NTR or dramatic route (so that they could have the excuse to make the next season), then I'd rage all over the place, and no one should stop others from raging either :heh:

Archilla
2015-06-09, 09:00
I think they are trying to end season 3 with Ise and Rias making up, come back to each other and become a real couple, which I have to give them credit for having the gut to do that

However, if (just a tiny little "IF") they really went for the NTR or dramatic route (so that they could have the excuse to make the next season), then I'd rage all over the place, and no one should stop others from raging either :heh:

I highly doubt we make it out of the season without hearing the song. I'd be shocked if they spent the money to make it just for a promo.

Biohazardous
2015-06-09, 09:01
I'll have Vali on standby Ultra. :p

ImperialFlameGod8190
2015-06-09, 09:19
Just from info from Ishibumi's twitter

Too lazy to change the title anyway from Ishibumi's twitter.

For Episode 10 and the remaining episodes, the story has the "Rias in Wonderland" as the model, just the concept, not the plot itself) and "The Fun Gremory Life" (V8 Extra Life) will be included, does this mean we'll get the Satan Rangers. If yes please make sure they look good together.

I guess Ishibumi made the changes here to attract people into buying his stories. :heh:

See i got the Rias in Wonderland vibe but thats a stupid move because by that logic you have to rescue Rias and beat Loki all in one episode because the Satan Rangers is gonna be 1 episode and thats not in their best interest

See if they do that its an EXTREMELY stupid move. Because if they do that vol 9 isnt affected but vol 10 gets a huge part of it destroyed especially with 2 episodes left.

Biohazardous
2015-06-09, 09:25
We can only wait to see what they do. Them taking her like that is very scarey though. Especially since it shouldn't be hard for them to figure out Rias has issues with Issei. With that being known he is the type that would tell her sorry and finding out what she wants would cause it to happen now rather than later like it's suppose to happen.

Archilla
2015-06-09, 09:49
I'm not tremendously worried they're gonna mess with them becoming a couple and such. They nailed JD, so I have no reason to believe they'll mess with the most iconic moment in the series.

ImperialFlameGod8190
2015-06-09, 10:11
I'm not tremendously worried they're gonna mess with them becoming a couple and such. They nailed JD, so I have no reason to believe they'll mess with the most iconic moment in the series.

imma leave that alone.

Weather
2015-06-09, 10:19

Remember that IF they end with the ol 8 Extra, they kinda become Engaged just like the LN, Issei just didn't realized it.

Archilla
2015-06-09, 10:24
Remember that IF they end with the ol 8 Extra, they kinda become Engaged just like the LN, Issei just didn't realized it.

Yeah, this I'm fine with. Plus, that's my favorite SS. I love the freaking Satan Rangers. I just don't wan't Volume 10 to be pillaged.

@Imperial: You disagree in some way?

ImperialFlameGod8190
2015-06-09, 11:58
Yeah, this I'm fine with. Plus, that's my favorite SS. I love the freaking Satan Rangers. I just don't wan't Volume 10 to be pillaged.

@Imperial: You disagree in some way?

I do only in the sense that them becoming an official IMO isnt one of the most iconic moments of the series. the Satan Rangers part i have no problem with only that i think they'd need a full episode and only if its an episode 13 of sorts would i be okay with it because they'd be heavily rushing the next episode and i want them at least to flesh out this story because a quick conclusion would be foolish.

Btw im tryna remember when does Satan Rangers take place chronically.

Seafoam
2015-06-09, 12:18
I do only in the sense that them becoming an official IMO isnt one of the most iconic moments of the series. the Satan Rangers part i have no problem with only that i think they'd need a full episode and only if its an episode 13 of sorts would i be okay with it because they'd be heavily rushing the next episode and i want them at least to flesh out this story because a quick conclusion would be foolish.

It happens inbetween 7 and 9 I believe.

Archilla
2015-06-09, 12:58

When I mean "becoming official" I'm referring to his declaration during the Sairaorg fight. I consider that whole thing, the fight, CCQ, the declaration, winning, and the second declaration afterwards to be one single event. Even though there's a gap between the first and second declaration, it's basically just the same thing repeated.

And yeah, I'm happy to stick to my guns and say that's the most iconic moment in DxD.

Biohazardous
2015-06-09, 13:36
I agree GDK all of that is very important.

azeem40
2015-06-09, 17:21

IIRC, it is 10.

Hokoga
2015-06-10, 05:45

Btw im tryna remember when does Satan Rangers take place chronically.Instead of ep13 it could be released as an OVA between this season and next season :rolleyes: (the sarcasm is because I don't really think there's going to be a next season.)

Chichiryuushintei
2015-06-10, 05:53
^^^^Stalker points disagree with you.

ImperialFlameGod8190
2015-06-10, 09:30
^^^^Stalker points disagree with you.

Explain that point Chichi and i actually want your opinion do you agree with the idea that Satan rangers should be the 12th episode and Rias in Wonderland the new version should end next episode essentially. Cause thats the sense im getting

Chichiryuushintei
2015-06-10, 09:41
Explain that point Chichi and i actually want your opinion do you agree with the idea that Satan rangers should be the 12th episode and Rias in Wonderland the new version should end next episode essentially. Cause thats the sense im getting

Stalker points are something related to the amount of pre-order sales of the BDs in sites such as Amazon and there are other book stores as well. I don't know the specifics, but last time someone said anything in here about that they were about 5k-7k which is good enough.

I hope not, djnno why, but I always thought they'd need 2 eps to adapt that Extra Life properly. Specially considering they didn't show the classes Ise had with Venelana yet. I'll just wait and see, because Ishi has been quite the cocktease lately.

And to anyone who knows more about the matter, since there's only 6 BDs, is there any chance this season actually has 13 EPs? Because that'd be great.

Gary29
2015-06-10, 11:59
Is Imperial seriously complaining about ending the Loki/clone stuff next episode and then going into the Maou Rangers? The Venelana classes will most likely be shown off as a flashback, which will be fun.

And to anyone who knows more about the matter, since there's only 6 BDs, is there any chance this season actually has 13 EPs? Because that'd be great.

2 episodes per BD iirc, so nope. Only 12 episodes.

Seafoam
2015-06-10, 12:00
Stalker points are something related to the amount of pre-order sales of the BDs in sites such as Amazon and there are other book stores as well. I don't know the specifics, but last time someone said anything in here about that they were about 5k-7k which is good enough.

I hope not, djnno why, but I always thought they'd need 2 eps to adapt that Extra Life properly. Specially considering they didn't show the classes Ise had with Venelana yet. I'll just wait and see, because Ishi has been quite the cocktease lately.

It's confirmed 12 eps, but the BD's are adding extra 2-3 minute scenes like in S2 apparently so that's likely where we'll see Venelana teaching him. I dunno if I'm the only on this, but I think they can easily adapt that side story in 1 episode.

Chichiryuushintei
2015-06-10, 12:11
Is Imperial seriously complaining about ending the Loki/clone stuff next episode and then going into the Maou Rangers? The Venelana classes will most likely be shown off as a flashback, which will be fun.

2 episodes per BD iirc, so nope. Only 12 episodes.

Actually, I'm with him on this. Ending the anime-original plot next EP and doing the EL in one EP doesn't sounds good.

But that's if it's impossible to put that SS in one EP, I think it needs at least 1.5, but I'm no expert so my opinion doesn't mean much.

Starway
2015-06-10, 12:42
Actually, I'm with him on this. Ending the anime-original plot next EP and doing the EL in one EP doesn't sounds good.

But that's if it's impossible to put that SS in one EP, I think it needs at least 1.5, but I'm no expert so my opinion doesn't mean much.

It'll be really stupid if after a whole season of dragging Loki out butchering volume 7 and making filler like the ise clone they end it in one episode even more so when the EL can be a ova or the start of season 4.

Chichiryuushintei
2015-06-10, 12:45
It'll be really stupid if after a whole season of dragging Loki out butchering volume 7 and making filler like the ise clone they end it in one episode even more so when the EL can be a ova or the start of season 4.

"Butchering volume 7"

They made Loki a decent villain. How's that butchering?

And it's not filler. The author wrote it, so it's semi-canon. (Something like different routes in VNs)

Like I said, I hope they don't really go into it, and only have some kind of eater egg or foreshadowing.

ImperialFlameGod8190
2015-06-10, 13:08
"Butchering volume 7"

They made Loki a decent villain. How's that butchering?

And it's not filler. The author wrote it, so it's semi-canon. (Something like different routes in VNs)

Like I said, I hope they don't really go into it, and only have some kind of eater egg or foreshadowing.

Chichi as much as i understand your view on Loki and that he shouldnt be considered a gag villian here's the thing.

Loki was never meant to be a major villian. the main part of volume 7 was about Akeno accepting her Fallen angel roots and the introduction of the complete Vali team.
Loki was just the villian they happened to need to beat and thats all there is to it. Im not saying its fair or right but thats the reality.

And if you think about it he was already a decent villian because of the fact you need the vali team and issei's team working together to beat him and they still needed something ridiculous
Just because it ended ridiculously doenst mean the leadup was bad.

Now we both agree the ending was ridiculous but honestly they needed something ridiculous to do that. You can make the argument that the first victory over Cao cao was also cheap. The second one was clever strategy (though i personally dont like it).

Now to restate this point. Issei and gang should've NEVER been able to beat Loki and Fenrir.
Rules of anime and such always indicate that the MC should rarely die unless its doing something heroic and that the MC always has to win. The nakama power thing is something that FT has been getting butchered for.
Ridiculous power-ups are something that you CAN criticize DxD for also.

Chichiryuushintei
2015-06-10, 13:14
Chichi as much as i understand your view on Loki and that he shouldnt be considered a gag villian here's the thing.

Loki was never meant to be a major villian. the main part of volume 7 was about Akeno accepting her Fallen angel roots and the introduction of the complete Vali team.
Loki was just the villian they happened to need to beat and thats all there is to it. Im not saying its fair or right but thats the reality.

And if you think about it he was already a decent villian because of the fact you need the vali team and issei's team working together to beat him and they still needed something ridiculous
Just because it ended ridiculously doenst mean the leadup was bad.

Now we both agree the ending was ridiculous but honestly they needed something ridiculous to do that. You can make the argument that the first victory over Cao cao was also cheap. The second one was clever strategy (though i personally dont like it).

Now to restate this point. Issei and gang should've NEVER been able to beat Loki and Fenrir.
Rules of anime and such always indicate that the MC should rarely die unless its doing something heroic and that the MC always has to win. The nakama power thing is something that FT has been getting butchered for.
Ridiculous power-ups are something that you CAN criticize DxD for also.

He was a retard who retreated when he was winning. That's not good at all, doesn't matter how strong he was.

If that was the focus, then Ishi shouldn't have put an enemy in the first place. Or he should've put a more competent one.

I have no problems with Chichigami. It was hilarious. My problem is that the first God-Class antagonist was a one-trick pony retard who couldn't even kill a bunch of kids, and his actions had no influence in the overall plot, except for the 4th arc which was something Ishi didn't even plan to do because he didn't know the series would be so popular and successful.

Most of DxD power-ups are comedy plot devices. It's just something funny, unlike in FT where is the same speech about friends being the light in the darkness over and over again followed by the one-shot attack.

ImperialFlameGod8190
2015-06-10, 13:26
^ heh lets agree to disagree

moodie
2015-06-10, 13:37
while stalkers do show some indication it shouldnt be the sole determinant since there is over and under estimatations all the time...

koufuku graffiti stalkers were at 500 till the very end when it reached 1.x thousand

i hope DXD maintains atleast a 9k or 8k average cuz if it dips to 5k or 6k it would mean that they are losing interest, while thats good sales anyways the law of diminishing return would prove that they would need to start ending the anime series. cuz 5k now might be 4k later than 2k.

this happens to the best of every anime the gatari series went from 70k to 30k. so if japan can atleast show that there isnt a big diminishing return we should expect more seasons.

still i believe the estimates are under atm.

Chichiryuushintei
2015-06-10, 13:47
while stalkers do show some indication it shouldnt be the sole determinant since there is over and under estimatations all the time...

koufuku graffiti stalkers were at 500 till the very end when it reached 1.x thousand

i hope DXD maintains atleast a 9k or 8k average cuz if it dips to 5k or 6k it would mean that they are losing interest, while thats good sales anyways the law of diminishing return would prove that they would need to start ending the anime series. cuz 5k now might be 4k later than 2k.

this happens to the best of every anime the gatari series went from 70k to 30k. so if japan can atleast show that there isnt a big diminishing return we should expect more seasons.

still i believe the estimates are under atm.

Each season sells less than the prior, that's a given, specially when there's a large gap between them. (Durarara and Monogatari are examples of this.)

Truth is, we can't rely completely on predictions, NEW was predicted to sell 7k and sold more, while there're examples of the opposite. Just gotta wait until July and see the results of the first BD.

Ultragunner
2015-06-10, 13:53
I am now very curious about what they are going to do this season. We have skipped through vol 4, 5, 7 and now onto an original part with the end possibly concluded with Ise and Rias become a real couple a.k.a the climax of vol 10.

So....are we going to see the match against Sairaorg at all? My guts tell me that they would.

Well, having the hero faction of Cao Cao and the gang as antagonists for season 4 is not too bad...compared to no season 4 at all :heh:

P.S: if they are so concerned about sale number, then why did they take the risk of pissing off many of the LN readers (let's not discuss why here) by changing and cutting scenes from the novel? :heh: the first two seasons were quite ok in adapting the LN after all

I'd assume that a big portion of the anime watchers includes people like us who have read the LN, and we were hoping to see as many scenes being animated as possible :heh:

DOmus
2015-06-10, 13:53
Though being honest, nips want their girls to be pure(even in a weird sense of the DxDverse), and somehow I can see some of them getting hurt by the previous chapter and may the one of this week. Its true that the upcoming chapters and how everything its handled would tell the world how DxD might sell.

Chichiryuushintei
2015-06-10, 13:59
Though being honest, nips want their girls to be pure(even in a weird sense of the DxDverse), and somehow I can see some of them getting hurt by the previous chapter and may the one of this week. Its true that the upcoming chapters and how everything its handled would tell the world how DxD might sell.

Not gonna lie, even I was like "Oh, God, no" at that scene.

Gary29
2015-06-10, 14:37
I didn't have a negative reaction so much as an "Oh shiiit, this is gonna be good" reaction. Loki's purpose was purely to kill Rias or something of the sort, he wouldn't bother with real NTR.

On sales, I'm sure TNK knew the effects their changes would have and were prepared for a slight sales drop. While "sequels sell less" is the rule, it's not always the case, as a properly-done S4 could outsell S1 quite easily.

Wandering Soul
2015-06-10, 14:49
I personally didn't feel bad about it since I doubt they would have even gone that far but I already can see a bunch of other people that were bothered by it.

Chichiryuushintei
2015-06-10, 16:43
I personally didn't feel bad about it since I doubt they would have even gone that far but I already can see a bunch of other people that were bothered by it.

If only "bothered" could define all of them. I've seen people call Rias "damaged goods" because she was being hugged by Doppelganger-Ise. Like, I know this is a harem series, so it may seem kinda hypocritical to say this, but that's one of the most sexist thing anyone could say. Seriously, I actually thought I was gonna puke in disgust when I read it.

MV5
2015-06-10, 17:28
I've been explaining constantly to people concerning the stalker points and all that jazz of how season 3 is doing in terms of pre-orders. They either don't know how to properly read it or they make up negative estimates on season 3(especially concerning the lastest episode) and it gets really tiresome seeing people moan and complain about the sales/future of season 4. Make it known, that it will not sell 9k+ like the previous seasons. The range of 5-7.5k is the best estimate, maybe even up to 8k if it picks up steam. We have a long way to go till July 24th, which is when it goes on sale.

Weather
2015-06-10, 20:50
If only "bothered" could define all of them. I've seen people call Rias "damaged goods" because she was being hugged by Doppelganger-Ise. Like, I know this is a harem series, so it may seem kinda hypocritical to say this, but that's one of the most sexist thing anyone could say. Seriously, I actually thought I was gonna puke in disgust when I read it.

*Reads this*

*Rewatches S1 Chapter 11 where Rias hugged Raiser AND people were already calling NTR.*

...Yeah.

DOmus
2015-06-10, 22:03
*Reads this*

*Rewatches S1 Chapter 11 where Rias hugged Raiser AND people were already calling NTR.*

...Yeah.

There is that doujin though, inb4 fake Issei and Loki ntr doujins. A great day for BasuteiShower.

Weather
2015-06-10, 22:20
There is that doujin though, inb4 fake Issei and Loki ntr doujins. A great day for BasuteiShower.

Oh don't remind me of that one.

Biohazardous
2015-06-11, 08:18
Omg omg hugging someone else. :eyespin: :D

Parry999
2015-06-11, 14:59
Not like she just ran in to him to make him stop or anything.

Always86
2015-06-12, 04:29
I know Japanese fans are crazy, but if you don't create a sense of peril or threat then there is a lack of urgency in rescuing Rias.

I personally really liked the episode, the end created a great set up. I really wanted Ise to kick fakises ass.

As for the whole NTR stuff, we know she isn't going to have sex with the fake. Although I kind of think that would be good for the story to complicate her relationship with Ise. He has he Yuma to get over she has fake Ise etc.

MV5
2015-06-12, 04:58
As for the whole NTR stuff, we know she isn't going to have sex with the fake. Although I kind of think that would be good for the story to complicate her relationship with Ise. He has he Yuma to get over she has fake Ise etc.
I'm glad you are not part of the storyboard committee. Anyway, preview pics of the 1st Mini OVA have been updated on the main site. Just to note, Rias and Akeno, and it involves a sexy teacher outfit and a naked apron.

Hokoga
2015-06-12, 05:35
As for the whole NTR stuff, we know she isn't going to have sex with the fake. Although I kind of think that would be good for the story to complicate her relationship with Ise. He has he Yuma to get over she has fake Ise etc.http://icons.iconarchive.com/icons/bad-blood/yolks-2/64/indifferent-icon.png
I'm glad you are not part of the storyboard committee. Anyway, preview pics of the 1st Mini OVA have been updated on the main site. Just to note, Rias and Akeno, and it involves a sexy teacher outfit and a naked apron.My thoughts actually

Chichiryuushintei
2015-06-12, 05:57
So, will there be extended episodes or just specials like S1?

B214
2015-06-12, 06:26
So, will there be extended episodes or just specials like S1?

Half of it will be from the main story (LN), another half will be anime original. Not fully sure what the half refers to though, does it mean half will be LN-base, another half is AO, or they'll mix both LN and AO together.

Always86
2015-06-12, 06:27
The reason it would could work for the story IMO is Rias's side of things always felt forced to me... She tells him to call her buchou then is mad because he won't call her Rias. He only calls the others by name because they tell him to. I just never found her side of the relationship very sympathetic.

Ise can't be honest with his feelings because of a genuine emotional trauma. Rias can't because...? Having her have more reason to find her relationship with Ise emotionally conflicting would be interesting for the character and the relationship up until the confessions. As I say we know the sex won't happen, and I'm definately not pro rape trauma for Rias, I get the feeling this plot point will be used for her emotional conflict in the build up to the two confessing.

Chichiryuushintei
2015-06-12, 06:29
Half of it will be from the main story (LN), another half will be anime original. Not fully sure what the half refers to though, does it mean half will be LN-base, another half is AO, or they'll mix both LN and AO together.

Hm, then it's probably 6 mixed shorts, I think he said on his twitter the first one will have the anime's take on the sandwich.

But that's weird, I'm sure I've seen "BD extra footage" on his blog and twitter a few times. GT trolled me. ;_;

@Always86: Yeah, I never liked how Rias just never went and outright told him after the events in v2 that she liked him. Maybe I'm forgetting something, but it still doesn't make much sense.

Biohazardous
2015-06-12, 08:08
All the other girls tell him for the most part easily. Rias has all the drama behind her letting him know. The only defense I can offer to help her out is her status and beauty people have always came to her. It's also another good reason Ise doesn't however, in his eyes she's above him.

B214
2015-06-12, 08:33
The reason it would could work for the story IMO is Rias's side of things always felt forced to me... She tells him to call her buchou then is mad because he won't call her Rias. He only calls the others by name because they tell him to. I just never found her side of the relationship very sympathetic.

Ise can't be honest with his feelings because of a genuine emotional trauma. Rias can't because...? Having her have more reason to find her relationship with Ise emotionally conflicting would be interesting for the character and the relationship up until the confessions. As I say we know the sex won't happen, and I'm definately not pro rape trauma for Rias, I get the feeling this plot point will be used for her emotional conflict in the build up to the two confessing.

Hm, then it's probably 6 mixed shorts, I think he said on his twitter the first one will have the anime's take on the sandwich.

But that's weird, I'm sure I've seen "BD extra footage" on his blog and twitter a few times. GT trolled me. ;_;

@Always86: Yeah, I never liked how Rias just never went and outright told him after the events in v2 that she liked him. Maybe I'm forgetting something, but it still doesn't make much sense.

Maybe because Rias was worried that Ise might think she's just sympathizing with him. Since Rias cares for her servants, Ise might just think that Rias did that out of sympathy especially after how he was hurt by Raynare emotionally.

Chichiryuushintei
2015-06-12, 08:56
Maybe because Rias was worried that Ise might think she's just sympathizing with him. Since Rias cares for her servants, Ise might just think that Rias did that out of sympathy especially after how he was hurt by Raynare emotionally.

I get her being apprehensive, but just keeping quiet for 4-5 months (considering the whole Rizer deal happened 1 month after Ise became a Devil, which was in April, and the Sairaorg RG happened in October.)? That's a bit too much.

And if she knew he was hurt that way by Raynare, it's an extra reason for her to try and comfort him in some way,and then confessing to him.

Now I got an idea for a fanfic. Too bad I suck at writing. :p

Biohazardous
2015-06-12, 09:24
Tell your idea and maybe someone else can build on it Chich. :)

Chichiryuushintei
2015-06-12, 09:28
Tell your idea and maybe someone else can build on it Chich. :)

My comment is the idea. lol

B214
2015-06-12, 09:54
I get her being apprehensive, but just keeping quiet for 4-5 months (considering the whole Rizer deal happened 1 month after Ise became a Devil, which was in April, and the Sairaorg RG happened in October.)? That's a bit too much.

Timing issue? The Excalibur issue, the Gasper issue, the KB issue, then the training where Ise stays with Tannin. Koneko and Kuroka encounter, After that the Rating Game with Sona, followed immediately by the Diodora incident. After that, Ise and Rias are struck with the Oppai Dragon show. Then the Loki incident, especially how the two were worried about Akeno. Well since V8 was a SS compilation, lets not focus on that. And to end with things, they went on a school trip.

Basically every Volume before 10, had Issei and Rias full with various problems. :heh:
They were either worrying about their friends (3-7), or they were busy with other stuff (5&9).

Chichiryuushintei
2015-06-12, 10:08
Timing issue? The Excalibur issue, the Gasper issue, the KB issue, then the training where Ise stays with Tannin. Koneko and Kuroka encounter, After that the Rating Game with Sona, followed immediately by the Diodora incident. After that, Ise and Rias are struck with the Oppai Dragon show. Then the Loki incident, especially how the two were worried about Akeno. Well since V8 was a SS compilation, lets not focus on that. And to end with things, they went on a school trip.

Basically every Volume before 10, had Issei and Rias full with various problems. :heh:
They were either worrying about their friends (3-7), or they were busy with other stuff (5&9).

Yeah, but there was always a span of a few days or weeks between volumes. So it's still weird. Plus the fact she didn't even try to explain all the deal with the ceremony in v8.

Note that I'm not ranting, I just think is weird she never even thought of telling him instead of just keeping it to herself which only hurt herself and him more.

ImperialFlameGod8190
2015-06-12, 11:15
See the funny thing is this. Timing of everything that occured aside because thats irrelevant.

I'm not heavily convinced Rias realized what the issue was and just as importantly
i dont think anybody who knew about the incident realized it for a long time. You know how they dont know because their actions intensified the problem.

I think that the group realized everything from Rias's side in vol 10.
Just as importantly they failed to understand why issei was hesistating like he was they practically admitted it.
This situation is one that nobody realized from the very beginning likely including Issei now in hindsight you can say i can see it but i mean i remember when i first read about it i thought where did this come from but then i thought back and there were hints of it.

WingsoftheDragonix
2015-06-12, 14:43
I have to agree with ImperialFlameGod8190 on this.

But I can't really blame them. But I can't really blame them. I mean, all of them were pretty inexperienced in the matter of the heart.

Always86
2015-06-12, 16:53
As I recall I found it pretty clear Rias liked Ise, though I didn't read until after season 1. I didn't think Ise side of things was as clear, which is why I actually like what they have done with his story this year.

Chichiryuushintei
2015-06-12, 17:06
As I recall I found it pretty clear Rias liked Ise, though I didn't read until after season 1. I didn't think Ise side of things was as clear, which is why I actually like what they have done with his story this year.

It was clear, but she never outright told him that. She just started acting a bit more intimate than before when she just teased him constantly for being her cute pawn.

ImperialFlameGod8190
2015-06-12, 17:28
It was clear, but she never outright told him that. She just started acting a bit more intimate than before when she just teased him constantly for being her cute pawn.

The problem was never Rias's feelings though in the case of the events that led to them being an official couple Issei's hesistation killed things because the girls didnt change significantly from the beginning until the feelings changed. Akeno was the same Asia (who liked issei from the beginning) was the same. Rias of course as we know didnt change significantly. she was sleeping naked with him constantly and until they moved in she really didnt change her affection THAT much. Certainly her feelings changed by the time the training start but its hard to know the difference if your in the situation.

sky black swordman
2015-06-12, 23:38
The reason it would could work for the story IMO is Rias's side of things always felt forced to me... She tells him to call her buchou then is mad because he won't call her Rias. He only calls the others by name because they tell him to. I just never found her side of the relationship very sympathetic. Agreed. That's one of the things that bothered me. How can she be mad at him when he is only doing as he was told? Actually, he ask the girls if he can call them by their name. I think Akeno was the only one that out right told Ise to call her Akeno not Akeno san. The problem was never Rias's feelings though in the case of the events that led to them being an official couple Issei's hesistation killed things because the girls didnt change significantly from the beginning until the feelings changed. Akeno was the same Asia (who liked issei from the beginning) was the same. Rias of course as we know didnt change significantly. she was sleeping naked with him constantly and until they moved in she really didnt change her affection THAT much. Certainly her feelings changed by the time the training start but its hard to know the difference if your in the situation.That's right. Rias's behavior (sleeping naked next to Ise, tempting Ise with her breasts, ect) before her feelings toward Ise changed is what caused Ise to hesitate and question if she was genuinely interested in him or just messing with him.

Seafoam
2015-06-13, 09:50
I am now sure of the fact that Ishibumi wanted to market Volume 20 with this episode.

GDB
2015-06-13, 09:56

So it takes more than 3 minutes to tell someone to call you by their name instead of position? Sure didn't seem to take that long for Issei to tell Koneko and Kiba to call him Issei in the middle of a battle back in volume 1. Or for Akeno to tell him to call her by name. And 3 minutes is being generous, since it literally takes about 13 seconds.

B214
2015-06-13, 10:33
So it takes more than 3 minutes to tell someone to call you by their name instead of position? Sure didn't seem to take that long for Issei to tell Koneko and Kiba to call him Issei in the middle of a battle back in volume 1. Or for Akeno to tell him to call her by name. And 3 minutes is being generous, since it literally takes about 13 seconds.

I was talking about the love confession over the name issue. Plus to me Rias was at fault for the relationship issue from the start. She should have just be straightforward and just tell him that.

Chichiryuushintei
2015-06-13, 12:26
I am now sure of the fact that Ishibumi wanted to market Volume 20 with this episode.

Now I'm even more hyped about v20. So Ise'll be able to give his armor to others. Asia would be the best healer in history, considering she can already choose who is healed by her power.

Parry999
2015-06-13, 14:24
Well that was a colossus waste of 15 minutes really ddin't need to waste that long on politics that where skipped this season and valis trolling. Of course they turn the lower part of the scale mail into a bikini this is dxd what was I thinking. Issei and gasper unwilling to fight god its sieg all over again. Xenovias I fill has been extremly shafted this season not as bad as sona and saji though. Why they had more then enough time to do all of 3 volumes in this season.

Ultragunner
2015-06-13, 14:28
I just hope that everyone be calm and don't overreact/rage with this episode.

I'm gonna wait until next week to see both ep 11 and 12 at the same time :heh:

hyuugalegacy
2015-06-13, 14:53
Why on earth have they removed what I felt made DxD decent in favour of adding cliche material!?

RightSaidFred
2015-06-13, 15:43
I was talking about the love confession over the name issue. Plus to me Rias was at fault for the relationship issue from the start. She should have just be straightforward and just tell him that.

Unlike Isse being straightforward and telling Rias that he liked her :p

This was all explained in the light novels if anyone bothered to read them. Isse held back because of his fear of rejection because of Raynare. He wasn't sure if Rias liked him - even though she slept with him naked - because he thought she did that with all her servants.

Rias didn't want to tell Isse - even though her mother told her to take charge - because she wanted Isse to do it, to take charge of the situation, and not out of some sense of obligation.

It was all laid out in the light novels. If you don't buy it, take it up with the author, but that was the rationale.

Why on earth have they removed what I felt made DxD decent in favour of adding cliche material!?

That seems to be the m.o. of anime production groups - add crap that does nothing for the story. :twitch:

batman14
2015-06-13, 19:10
If they do a 4th season where are they going to start

Chichiryuushintei
2015-06-13, 19:19
If they do a 4th season where are they going to start

Volume 9. Or the SS with the engagement ceremony.

batman14
2015-06-13, 19:22
Volume 9. Or the SS with the engagement ceremony.

Tbh tho I have a feeling there will not be a 4th season :(

Chichiryuushintei
2015-06-13, 19:23

If the BD sells well, there'll be.

ImperialFlameGod8190
2015-06-13, 20:00
Here's the real problem given how sloppily this season has been done do we honestly WANT a 4th season.
Here's my logic as to that.

Now make no mistake there are many moments that we all want to see especially with vol 10. Vol 9 is one of those if we go back to the S1 S2 format will be incredibly weak for about 3/12 episodes (with some fun moments) and then 5 and 6 will be brilliant. Vol 10 from start to finish is brilliant and would probably be a great watch as well.

But give how they've IMO mishandled this season do u really trust TNK to do justice to the next one. Thats my question.

batman14
2015-06-13, 20:03
Here's the real problem given how sloppily this season has been done do we honestly WANT a 4th season.

Now make no mistake there are many moments that we all want to see especially with vol 10. Vol 9 is one of those if we go back to the S1 S2 format will be incredibly weak for about 3/12 episodes (with some fun moments) and then 5 and 6 will be brilliant. Vol 10 from start to finish is brilliant and would probably be a great watch as well.

But give how they've IMO mishandled this season do u really trust TNK to do justice to the next one. Thats my question.

I would like another season but that's just me and we don't know how much Ichiei Ishibumi was involve with this season it might have been his ideal to do some of the stuff

B214
2015-06-13, 20:07

They kept the part where Ajuka modified Issei's Evil Pieces, so the plot is still open for a 4th season.

ImperialFlameGod8190
2015-06-13, 20:09
Make no mistake i want another season but idk if i trust TNK to do 9 and 10 justice.

Chichiryuushintei
2015-06-13, 20:12

The changes were done by Ishibumi.

More DxD is always good. Even if it's worse than the LNs, I'll enjoy it simply because it's DxD. Of course, there are limits to how much I can take and v10 is my favorite, so I'd be far more strict than I was with BorN, but hey, I'd rather be disappointed with a bad season, than no season at all. At least it'd show they tried.

I'll admit v9 is a bit weak on the action part (I'm looking at you, Hero Faction making that rertarded move) but the comedy is priceless, from Motohama groping Matsuda to Ise crying because he forgot to ask Yasaka to play with her oppai. And of course the "...What the heck was that?" from Cao Cao. Classic.

Unless it's a "Capu-2" season. That shit can burn in hell for all I care if it's like that.

Direwolf18
2015-06-13, 20:13

I'm with you. They will ruin it, probably cut out all of Kyoto or something lame like that.

batman14
2015-06-13, 20:20
Make no mistake i want another season but idk if i trust TNK to do 9 and 10 justice.

well I got in to the LN cause the anime so I am a lil bias but I like this season not as much of the other 2 but still I am enjoying it

ImperialFlameGod8190
2015-06-13, 20:23
I'm with you. They will ruin it, probably cut out all of Kyoto or something lame like that.

There is zero purpose of a season 4 if they cut Kyoto.

Chichiryuushintei
2015-06-13, 20:25

Who said they'll continue with the 3 volumes per season formula if there are more seasons?

Ishibumi didn't cut anything that fucked up future power-ups/villains/anything-important-for-the-continuity-of-the-story in BorN, so I don't see where you're taking this from.

MV5
2015-06-13, 20:26
You should really seek out information for yourself instead of following the opinion of others who clearly don't understand the reason why this season was condensed and just shout doom and gloom. Season 4 will go back to the original format of 2 volumes per season. They clearly wanted to have season 4 adapt 9&10, with season 5 adapting 11&12. Also, all the key factors of these past volumes have been represented in the anime, albeit in a different way. So in closing there are no continuity errors that will happen in future seasons.

B214
2015-06-13, 20:31

:uhoh: I'm assuming that you didn't see Ajuka modifying the Evil Pieces, or Diodora claiming the restraints sealing Asia is made by a Longinus user. With the anime still keeping all this hints, what makes you think that they'll skip V9 much less butcher it?

Chichiryuushintei
2015-06-13, 20:42
So, what do you guys think of this as a possible "solution" to Rias going "berserk"

>Ise uses Bilingual to try and reach her heart.

>It ends up summoning Chichigami.

>He needs an offering because the curse is too strong.

>Ise sings the Oppai Dragon Song live in the Dimensional Gap as an homage to the Breast God. (This is assuming he recorded it in the gap between the Diodora stuff and Rias getting brainwashed, since a few days couold have passed)

>Rias gets super embarassed when he tells her what happened but states that is what makes Ise Ise. Unfortunelly for her, Azazel heard it and started to spread rumours about the switch princess that was saved by the Breast God and the Oppai Dragon Song, and that soon got to the ears of a certain Super Devil we all love to hate. (I don't care about the 4th arc being animated, but hey, it's a good set up)

I know it's cheesy but I just thought it would be great. I love DxD cheese after all.

If Chichigami doesn't appear this season I can see it appearing in Kyoto instead of Rias though.

MV5
2015-06-13, 20:55
If Chichigami doesn't appear this season I can see it appearing in Kyoto instead of Rias though.
Ishibumi confirmed on his blog that the Chichigami is coming though. So no need for the switch in season 4.

Chichiryuushintei
2015-06-13, 21:10
Ishibumi confirmed on his blog that the Chichigami is coming though. So no need for the switch in season 4.

Yeah, I'm kind of iffy on that right now since I only remember him saying the circumstances will be different. But, again, I used GT and it was a few weeks ago. I probably am just misremebering stuff like always. :heh:

sky black swordman
2015-06-13, 21:14
Unlike Isse being straightforward and telling Rias that he liked her :pIssei didn't tell her because he felt she was too good for him. Among other reasons including (and most especially) the one you posted below.

This was all explained in the light novels if anyone bothered to read them. Isse held back because of his fear of rejection because of Raynare. He wasn't sure if Rias liked him - even though she slept with him naked - because he thought she did that with all her servants. You do remember that she did this (among other things) before she had any romantic interest in him.

Chichiryuushintei
2015-06-13, 21:21
Ise hesitating was believable because of his trauma, but Rias just seemed like she didn't want to make the first step because of her fantasies of perfect love or something (I'm pretty sure my brain just made this up right now, please, confirm I'm wrong). For 4-5 months. So yeah, that's a bit less understandable.

caminhas
2015-06-13, 21:28
if ise get over his trauma this season what the hell is gonna happen to volume 10?

Chichiryuushintei
2015-06-13, 21:32
if ise get over his trauma this season what the hell is gonna happen to volume 10?

If that happens I doubt we'll have volume 10 animated. Unless the japanese fans like it and still buy the BDs, then we'd get a modified version. And then we'd get two Imperials incuding me in this forum during the airing of S4.

Always86
2015-06-13, 21:38
Wow. People are going to HATE episode 11. I thought it was okay,

Rias's armour was hot. Is that what her character will wear in the Oppai Dragon TV show?

Anyone else find the shot of the girls all floating into shot in the dimensional gap funny?

Chichiryuushintei
2015-06-13, 21:44
Wow. People are going to HATE episode 11. I thought it was okay,

Rias's armour was hot. Is that what her character will wear in the Oppai Dragon TV show?

Anyone else find the shot of the girls all floating into shot in the dimensional gap funny?

I thought it was good. And that's without knowing what they were saying because Funi's DxD subs sucks more than nothing. Waiting for fansubs is suffering. ;_;

Nah, more likely will be what she'll wear in v20. Since in the Oppai Dragon Show she is a Princess that's constantly saved by the MC she'll probably wear a dress or something really girly.

I thought their hair floating sometimes and sometimes not a bit weird, but not funny, no.

Weather
2015-06-13, 22:03
Honestly besides some animation issues story wise i liked it.

We know Ishibumi wanted to write Sekiryutei vs Sekiryutei, he found a way to put it in the anime without waiting that long.

We got Fafnir and Asia's link ahead as well.

It seems to me that Ishi is using the EXACT ideas of the LN in the anime in a different way.

Also with Ajuka adjusting the evil pieces the set up to Vol 9-10 is complete, if sales allow it S4 is definitively come in.

Chichiryuushintei
2015-06-13, 22:11
Honestly besides some animation issues story wise i liked it.

We know Ishibumi wanted to write Sekiryutei vs Sekiryutei, he found a way to put it in the anime without waiting that long.

We got Fafnir and Asia's link ahead as well.

It seems to me that Ishi is using the EXACT ideas of the LN in the anime in a different way.

Also with Ajuka adjusting the evil pieces the set up to Vol 9-10 is complete, if sales allow it S4 is definitively come in.

Yeah, I'm getting more and more convinced that they don't plan to animate the 4th arc and want to bring some of the cool and less improtant stuff earlier.

I bet 100 Internet Points Saji will unlock his BB during the Hero Faction invasion in the Underworld. You know, with his main rival being killed and the kids held hostage and all that crap.

I've actually seen someone on MAL say that giving Asia Fafnir's jewel now ruins the moment she first summons him in v14 completely. lol

Weather
2015-06-13, 22:14
Yeah, I'm getting more and more convinced that they don't plan to animate the 4th arc and want to bring some of the cool and less improtant stuff earlier.

I bet 100 Internet Points Saji will unlock his BB during the Hero Faction invasion in the Underworld. You know, with his main rival being killed and the kids held hostage and all that crap.

I've actually seen someone on MAL say that giving Asia Fafnir's jewel now ruins the moment she first summons him in v14 completely. lol

That would be best.

And of course they won't animate te 4th arc, delusions have a limit, if they want to end the anime series vol 12+extra Issei vs Vali is the place to do it.

Also the guys on MAL STILL can't put in their heads that Ishibumi made the changes, not TNK, and STILL blame TNK.

DOmus
2015-06-14, 00:25
That would be best.

And of course they won't animate te 4th arc, delusions have a limit, if they want to end the anime series vol 12+extra Issei vs Vali is the place to do it.

Also the guys on MAL STILL can't put in their heads that Ishibumi made the changes, not TNK, and STILL blame TNK.

But at the end, they are the ones that say yes or no and animate what is shown to us. They can easily do what they think is correct or get some help from the author as how it has been done till now. In some way, they can blame TNK.

DragoMuseveni
2015-06-14, 02:21
Anyway is obvious that TNK doesn`t take in account to animate Arc 4 . Especially when Vali didn`t received the butt dragon nickname , and the two ehavenly dragons will no reach understanding in this way .....

The 48th Ronin
2015-06-14, 02:38
What's this V20 foreshadowing you guys are talking about?

DragoMuseveni
2015-06-14, 03:38
What's this V20 foreshadowing you guys are talking about?

Issei! Let's go! I will wear your power ―― Rias Gremory

The power of Sekiryuutei and Rias Gremory in one――.

Corvo269
2015-06-14, 03:43
Am I the only one who thinks all Issei has to do is another BB Boosted Dress Break next episode

reinastar
2015-06-14, 03:54
Corvo Onii-Sama It will not happen because Rias Onee-Sama is stronger ;)~

Chichiryuushintei
2015-06-14, 05:57
But at the end, they are the ones that say yes or no and animate what is shown to us. They can easily do what they think is correct or get some help from the author as how it has been done till now. In some way, they can blame TNK.

The author is the one making the changes.

Seafoam
2015-06-14, 07:54
The author is the one making the changes.

I do think TNK takes most of the blame. They decide who makes the changes and how a scene is played out. Aside from the Volume 6 events some things have felt very anticlimactic and almost as if they aren't even trying. I'm not sure if it's because anime original but it feels like some scenes have just been poorly executed. For an example, in season 2 when Kokabiel revealed that God was dead, the scene carried weight and actually surprised you (if you didn't read the novels). But in this episode when Rias attacks everyone, it feels poorly executed and like a child was directing the scene.

I'll give TNK the benefit of the doubt this season and chalk it up to a bad budget but they better remember what brought them to this dance, and not go this route again.

ImperialFlameGod8190
2015-06-14, 08:07
Corvo Onii-Sama It will not happen because Rias Onee-Sama is stronger ;)~

Reinastar he just used DB on a longinus that was set to destroy so strength doesnt mean squat.

Chichiryuushintei
2015-06-14, 08:17
I do think TNK takes most of the blame. They decide who makes the changes and how a scene is played out. Aside from the Volume 6 events some things have felt very anticlimactic and almost as if they aren't even trying. I'm not sure if it's because anime original but it feels like some scenes have just been poorly executed. For an example, in season 2 when Kokabiel revealed that God was dead, the scene carried weight and actually surprised you (if you didn't read the novels). But in this episode when Rias attacks everyone, it feels poorly executed and like a child was directing the scene.

I'll give TNK the benefit of the doubt this season and chalk it up to a bad budget but they better remember what brought them to this dance, and not go this route again.
Comparing this to the biggest plot twist in the series is a bit too much don't you think? :heh:

But, yeah, this isn't the best fight ever or anything. It's just not awful.

If they go this route again I won't even try to defend the future seasons though.

Ultragunner
2015-06-14, 08:38
I recently started having a feeling that this may be the last DxD anime season, and that's why they took the similar route of the last season of ZnT :upset:

Chichiryuushintei
2015-06-14, 08:45
I recently started having a feeling that this may be the last DxD anime season, and that's why they took the similar route of the last season of ZnT :upset:

Nah, I doubt it. When BorN was first announced June of last year, Ishibumi said TNK would happily make more seasons if S3 sells well.

ZnT's author died before completing the LN. Completely different situation.

GDB
2015-06-14, 09:22

Pretty sure the last season of ZnT skipped about 8 books and then did another 6 in the season itself, while imagining its own absolute ending.

As for the episode, the only thing I didn't like was how BBRias kept charging to clash with people. You're a mage. Use your magic.

Weather
2015-06-14, 09:49

Yamaguchi died, completely different reasons.

B214
2015-06-14, 10:00
As for the episode, the only thing I didn't like was how BBRias kept charging to clash with people. You're a mage. Use your magic.

She's a Devil not a mage. :uhoh:

reinastar
2015-06-14, 10:05
Evil Rias Onee-Sama is strong only if she her demonic power muwehehehe ^_^~

Chichiryuushintei
2015-06-14, 10:12
She's a Devil not a mage. :uhoh:

But her fighting style is magic-focused. Heck, she's even called a [Wizard-Type] And she was pretty much using only magic before the Scale Mail activated. So yeah, it's weird.

caminhas
2015-06-14, 12:12
no Oppai dragon song this season was sad... too sad...

Chichiryuushintei
2015-06-14, 12:16
no Oppai dragon song this season was sad... too sad...

Who know? I think it's very likely It'll be in the final EP. And even if it's not we still got that PV.

caminhas
2015-06-14, 12:28
Who know? I think it's very likely It'll be in the final EP. And even if it's not we still got that PV.

although the fight between ise and vali in juggernaut mode was kinda cool, i was waiting for the song too, it was kinda anti-climatic. but who knows maybe they can really insert it at the end of the season for whatever reason.

GDB
2015-06-14, 12:38
But her fighting style is magic-focused. Heck, she's even called a [Wizard-Type] And she was pretty much using only magic before the Scale Mail activated. So yeah, it's weird.

This. I didn't mean mage as in the lame excuse for a group of magicians that was in season 2 that shot magic beams from their foreheads, but rather that she uses magic to fight.

Weather
2015-06-14, 12:48
This. I didn't mean mage as in the lame excuse for a group of magicians that was in season 2 that shot magic beams from their foreheads, but rather that she uses magic to fight.

Sizrzechs was like that as well despite being a Wizard-Tecnique type, he was perfectly able to use PoD covered punches against Issei.

Rias has a Scale Mail herself, can't see why she can't clash directly bu amping herself with PoD and the Armor.

GDB
2015-06-14, 12:59
But... she didn't. She just tackled and headbutted people without even using Power of Destruction aura/amplification. We also don't know how Sirzechs fights. He might be a tremendous martial artist who just happens to have super powerful magic, so he leans more on that. With Rias, we know she's just a magic user.

Weather
2015-06-14, 13:05
But... she didn't. She just tackled and headbutted people without even using Power of Destruction aura/amplification. We also don't know how Sirzechs fights. He might be a tremendous martial artist who just happens to have super powerful magic, so he leans more on that. With Rias, we know she's just a magic user.

Rias base power is much higher than base Issei (both magic and specs as well given she is a natural born devil, Azazel also comments on this)

All of that is amped by the scale mail.

Again don't see why she just can't.

GDB
2015-06-14, 13:16
And how long ago were her spread of stats higher than Issei? Because I'm pretty sure that went out the window after the latest training arc, if not before that.

But even if she was stronger: let's see, you're trying to win a fight. Your stats are magic - 100 and physical strength - 20. Your opponent's physical strength is 15 and magic is 5. You both have x100 boost to all stats. Again, you're trying to win. Would you fight your 2,000 stat to their 1,500 stat, which they're used to fighting with and you're not, or fight with your 10,000 stat to their 500 stat, that you're used to fighting with and they're not?

Weather
2015-06-14, 13:25
And how long ago were her spread of stats higher than Issei? Because I'm pretty sure that went out the window after the latest training arc, if not before that.

But even if she was stronger: let's see, you're trying to win a fight. Your stats are magic - 100 and physical strength - 20. Your opponent's physical strength is 15 and magic is 5. You both have x100 boost to all stats. Again, you're trying to win. Would you fight your 2,000 stat to their 1,500 stat, which they're used to fighting with and you're not, or fight with your 10,000 stat to their 500 stat, that you're used to fighting with and they're not?

I'ts only recently that Issei's is training outside his armor so... how does that matter here?

Also she is mindfucked now, and if not for those clashes the fight would amount to Rias shooting and everybody dodging, specially since PoD is almost one hit kill if you don't dodge or block.

Not even TNK has that bad taste of animation.

Chichiryuushintei
2015-06-14, 13:29
I'ts only recently that Issei's is training outside his armor so... how does that matter here?

Also she is mindfucked now, and if not for those clashes the fight would amount to Rias shooting and everybody dodging, specially since PoD is almost one hit kill if you don't dodge or block.

Yeah, even in base form her aim was pretty derpy. God bless supernatural roofies. :heh:

GDB
2015-06-14, 14:32

...What? When has he ever been shown training IN his armor? Back before the rating game with Raiser, he was explicitly ordered not to use his Sacred Gear for training purposes. He continued training after that as well in a similar fashion. And he didn't even have Balance Breaker by this point. Then in the hell training, the most he used the gauntlet for was just to not die to Tannin. He still didn't have Balance Breaker yet.

They never had a problem showing Rias and Akeno's fights before when all they used was magic. Why should now be different solely because she has armor?

Seafoam
2015-06-14, 14:38
...What? When has he ever been shown training IN his armor? Back before the rating game with Raiser, he was explicitly ordered not to use his Sacred Gear for training purposes. He continued training after that as well in a similar fashion. And he didn't even have Balance Breaker by this point. Then in the hell training, the most he used the gauntlet for was just to not die to Tannin. He still didn't have Balance Breaker yet.

I think he's talking about spars like in Volume 7 with Kiba.

GDB
2015-06-14, 14:43
So stuff that hasn't happened in the anime, and would have only just started happening in the novels (timeline-wise)? Meaning the argument has no basis at all?

Chichiryuushintei
2015-06-14, 15:36
Well, she barely fought at all in the armor, maybe next ep she'll boost some of her magical attacks.

B214
2015-06-14, 23:47
Well maybe it's because of the affect of the armor. Ddraig did say those with armor type BB tend to fight with their fist.

[You can say that forms like that are of the shape that is the closest to the ultimate for those who mainly fight using direct attacks. You wear a mass-of-power-like armour, and hit your opponent with it. That’s why it ends up in a form like that.]

The one controlling the fight now probably is the fragment anyway.

Ultragunner
2015-06-15, 02:48
I heard that Ishibumi has a blog where he does receives questions about the changes in this season. Does anyone know if he has addressed anything? I am quite curious to know what his response is :heh:

Direwolf18
2015-06-15, 10:35
You should really seek out information for yourself instead of following the opinion of others who clearly don't understand the reason why this season was condensed and just shout doom and gloom.

They cut out important stuff like the sitri fight (which was actually important to the rest of the story) to add in "new and improved" content like Rias wearing armor. And I am to trust all is well with season 4? Seriously? Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me. So yea, forgive me if I'm not sitting here waiting for the next season with baited breath.

But hey anime a like ruroni kenshin or full metal alchemist were great when they diverged from the source material to introduce an anime only plot. Oh... Wait.

Guess we will see how game of thrones does next season as well.

Chichiryuushintei
2015-06-15, 10:53
They cut out important stuff like the sitri fight (which was actually important to the rest of the story) to add in "new and improved" content like Rias wearing armor. And I am to trust all is well with season 4? Seriously? Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me. So yea, forgive me if I'm not sitting here waiting for the next season with baited breath.

But hey anime a like ruroni kenshin or full metal alchemist were great when they diverged from the source material to introduce an anime only plot. Oh... Wait.

Guess we will see how game of thrones does next season as well.

Yeah, because cutting the RG against the Sitri Team out fucked up the continuity... Oh, wait, all of the development of that fight happened anyway.

I doubt anyone will just sit and wait for season 4. I have tons of stuff in my backlog to catch up to. DxD is not the only series in the world. Neither is the one I care the most about.

Direwolf18
2015-06-15, 14:23
Removing the rating game was far from the only single thing, it was just the largest single chunck. As for the rest? Then buy the damn DVDs to show your support for the "creative decisions" they made. They are going with an anime only plot line and that puts me in the "I could care less about where they go with this" there is a reason my posts dropped of to nothing in this thread up until the end. I was told by more then one person after episode two or so, "wait and see".

Well I did, I was right, and a hollow victory it is. I would have my smug face on if it wasn't so depressing being right. I wanted to love this season. But alas. Anyone who saw me post in the shinmai or the trinity seven thread knows that I am willing to let a lot of crap, including bad art pass without complaint. I may have been like the only person on this forum who liked the trinity seven anime I think. The liberties they took with the plot? And I'm not talking about minor things like the Raynare flashback in episode one, those things put me over the edge. What had set the dxd anime apart, the pacing and how well they stuck to the novels is gone. And I doubt they will be getting it back again.

Chichiryuushintei
2015-06-15, 14:45
Removing the rating game was far from the only single thing, it was just the largest single chunck. As for the rest? Then buy the damn DVDs to show your support for the "creative decisions" they made. They are going with an anime only plot line and that puts me in the "I could care less about where they go with this" there is a reason my posts dropped of to nothing in this thread up until the end. I was told by more then one person after episode two or so, "wait and see".

Well I did, I was right, and a hollow victory it is. I would have my smug face on if it wasn't so depressing being right. I wanted to love this season. But alas. Anyone who saw me post in the shinmai or the trinity seven thread knows that I am willing to let a lot of crap, including bad art pass without complaint. I may have been like the only person on this forum who liked the trinity seven anime I think. The liberties they took with the plot? And I'm not talking about minor things like the Raynare flashback in episode one, those things put me over the edge. What had set the dxd anime apart, the pacing and how well they stuck to the novels is gone. And I doubt they will be getting it back again.

I would, but those BDs are expensive as hell, I'm broke, and since they don't have subtitles I really have no reason to buy them since they'd just fill space that I could use for movies that I'd actually watch and re-watch.

If you didn't like it, there's really nothing to do with me. Different opinions. They didn't fuck up the continuity and did JD right. It was all I wanted even before the season was announced so I seriously don't see the problem here. Aside from the Akeno arc, that was awful.

Direwolf18
2015-06-15, 16:52
I can't think of anyway other then screwing with continuity when they de-emphasis the other girls (aka Asia) in order to have the season end with a Ise Rias moment. Doing so trivializes the other girls, and that is essentially what they did with Sona as well. (Beyond the whole Loki fight thing, and the removal of the Oppai Dragon song, and its foundation as the show, and the whole Akeno thing)

That is what pisses me off so much. They take a harem LN/Manga that made some serious attempts to emphasize the other girls as well, and it reduces there time in the sun to push the main girl. They aren't even trying to be subtle about it, the season could have easily ended with the kiss with Asia and Ise behind the shed on the field day. That would have been fantastic, end it like they did the LNs, if you want to do an OVA down the road fine. Instead they cut content, to add in another, Rias is number one arcs because, "hey we can't possibly have a harem anime where the main girl isn't in the sun like 95% of the god damn time". How could this season POSSIBLY have ended with someone else not in the spot light.

And before anyone says its cause I am a huge Asia fan, I'm not. Its the principle of the matter, and knowing full well that if they do future seasons they are going to pull the same kinda crap.

ImperialFlameGod8190
2015-06-15, 17:17
I would, but those BDs are expensive as hell, I'm broke, and since they don't have subtitles I really have no reason to buy them since they'd just fill space that I could use for movies that I'd actually watch and re-watch.

If you didn't like it, there's really nothing to do with me. Different opinions. They didn't fuck up the continuity and did JD right. It was all I wanted even before the season was announced so I seriously don't see the problem here. Aside from the Akeno arc, that was awful.

Chichi here's the thing. You have grilled the absolute heck out of me for my bashing of this season and it seems like we get into a debate every episode. Here's the thing. You're gonna say that all u wanted was JD and continuity so here's my counter to you

Most of the people want more then just 1 or two scenes. If you just want that dont bother arguing with reviewing because you got what you wanted while others may not have. For me personally i wanted a solid adaptation that may skip a few things but not completely skew the events and when people who dont know the story read it they will be utterly lost. Its kinda like World Break doing a whole volume in 2 episodes a lot of stuff gets lost in translation.

Two saying they didnt screw up the continuity is dependent on what you mean. If you mean that vol 9 and 10 will play out as you want well yea thats fine.
However if you mean that the events within the season itself werent messed up that we have a debate about.

Akeno as you mentioned got royally screwed because of the fact that they fused 5 and 7 so her development with her father was done incredibly badly.
They didnt screw up the BB but the fact is it could've been a lot better.
As direwolf said JD itself may have been solid but the fact that Asia isnt even a factor until after he wakes up is a spit in the face to a lot of people. Especially considering he went into JD because of it.
The Oppai Dragon song was one of those some wanted it some didnt but to me that whole thing was ruined especially given what that whole mess did to the show.
The fact they've yet to do the 3 legged race which is a huge part of this volume is also pretty bad.
Rossweise was handled rather weakly as well i mean yes we got the intro but the fact that you pretty much gave her 3 notable scenes and 2 of them are pretty much the same thing tells you all u need to know.
Irina also wasnt as interesting but that was screwed up back in New.

Now we have this. Now i must admit I wasnt a fan of clone Issei but i gave it a shot but they really screwed up with this. Clone issei is nowhere to be found and neither is Loki so that is botched. Rias's BB is a nice visual but really im disappointed at that.
Now granted a lot will depend on how they end this with the next episode but to me this season has been really bad and when u consider that vol 9 and 10 have a lot of notable moments but also just as many "skippable moments" you have to wonder what they're up to and many of us expect them to screw it up.

Chichiryuushintei
2015-06-15, 17:49
Chichi here's the thing. You have grilled the absolute heck out of me for my bashing of this season and it seems like we get into a debate every episode. Here's the thing. You're gonna say that all u wanted was JD and continuity so here's my counter to you

Most of the people want more then just 1 or two scenes. If you just want that dont bother arguing with reviewing because you got what you wanted while others may not have. For me personally i wanted a solid adaptation that may skip a few things but not completely skew the events and when people who dont know the story read it they will be utterly lost. Its kinda like World Break doing a whole volume in 2 episodes a lot of stuff gets lost in translation.

Two saying they didnt screw up the continuity is dependent on what you mean. If you mean that vol 9 and 10 will play out as you want well yea thats fine.
However if you mean that the events within the season itself werent messed up that we have a debate about.

Akeno as you mentioned got royally screwed because of the fact that they fused 5 and 7 so her development with her father was done incredibly badly.
They didnt screw up the BB but the fact is it could've been a lot better.
As direwolf said JD itself may have been solid but the fact that Asia isnt even a factor until after he wakes up is a spit in the face to a lot of people. Especially considering he went into JD because of it.
The Oppai Dragon song was one of those some wanted it some didnt but to me that whole thing was ruined especially given what that whole mess did to the show.
The fact they've yet to do the 3 legged race which is a huge part of this volume is also pretty bad.
Rossweise was handled rather weakly as well i mean yes we got the intro but the fact that you pretty much gave her 3 notable scenes and 2 of them are pretty much the same thing tells you all u need to know.
Irina also wasnt as interesting but that was screwed up back in New.

Now we have this. Now i must admit I wasnt a fan of clone Issei but i gave it a shot but they really screwed up with this. Clone issei is nowhere to be found and neither is Loki so that is botched. Rias's BB is a nice visual but really im disappointed at that.
Now granted a lot will depend on how they end this with the next episode but to me this season has been really bad and when u consider that vol 9 and 10 have a lot of notable moments but also just as many "skippable moments" you have to wonder what they're up to and many of us expect them to screw it up.
I never said people can't dislike or hate the changes. I said they don't fuck up the continuity. And by that mean the events of v9-v12 are pretty much intact.

Asia had as much screentime as she did in the LN volume 6, so I really don't see what you're talking about in regards to that. Actually she had even more of a role with the whole coma thing so she had more than in the LN. They were shown training for the race in EP 10, so It'll probably be used in EP 12 for background while a higher-up says something.

The Ise clone was made from the armor fragment, which appeared right before Rias transformed.

ImperialFlameGod8190
2015-06-15, 18:01
I never said people can't dislike or hate the changes. I said they don't fuck up the continuity. And by that mean the events of v9-v12 are pretty much intact.

Asia had as much screentime as she did in the LN volume 6, so I really don't see what you're talking about in regards to that. Actually she had even more of a role with the whole coma thing so she had more than in the LN. They were shown training for the race in EP 10, so It'll probably be used in EP 12 for background while a higher-up says something.

The Ise clone was made from the armor fragment, which appeared right before Rias transformed.

See here's the problem with Asia in the original everything happened as is but Vali brings Asia and uses that to relax things Vali uses BB to halve his power the gang then the oppai dragon song makes it easier for Rias to finish it off. He wakes up making sure to go see Asia and then they have the race where Rias gives them their moment and they kiss. Asia is a huge factor in him being saved

In this one vali halves him but he still goes bonkers and well you know what happened he of course notices asia but only once he's already healed. It diminishes Asia's role in helping him.

Chichiryuushintei
2015-06-15, 18:15
See here's the problem with Asia in the original everything happened as is but Vali brings Asia and uses that to relax things Vali uses BB to halve his power the gang then the oppai dragon song makes it easier for Rias to finish it off. He wakes up making sure to go see Asia and then they have the race where Rias gives them their moment and they kiss. Asia is a huge factor in him being saved

In this one vali halves him but he still goes bonkers and well you know what happened he of course notices asia but only once he's already healed. It diminishes Asia's role in helping him.

It's hard to consider it a role when she was knocked out during that. :heh: Besides, they added that stuff with the coma, and had she kissing him without any help or permission.

Tbolt
2015-06-15, 18:20
I have got to agree with you Imperial. I now only watch to see the visuals of everyone, the story was thrown out the window A long time ago.

ImperialFlameGod8190
2015-06-15, 18:38
It's hard to consider it a role when she was knocked out during that. :heh: Besides, they added that stuff with the coma, and had she kissing him without any help or permission.

Hm well i was gonna say she played a role in the original but she actually didnt. They used the song and then vali did his thing. And then Rias well became the switch princess. (By the way something i forgot was that it was actually Vali who gave her the switch princess name.

As for the kiss. I cant disagree with you that its added but i think i kinda wanted that instead.

Well thats not a big deal. in the end 5 and 7 were botched rather badly in many opinions.

An aside do u know the difference between the censored and uncensored versions in the last episode..... Rossweise's eyecatch and that is it. That alone is a failure. by the way if your gonna make it a bikini at least let Rias's girls hang out.

Seafoam
2015-06-15, 18:51
I still think my biggest gripe is the design of Rias' scale mail. It looks like an elementary school child drew it >_>

Chichiryuushintei
2015-06-15, 20:09
Hm well i was gonna say she played a role in the original but she actually didnt. They used the song and then vali did his thing. And then Rias well became the switch princess. (By the way something i forgot was that it was actually Vali who gave her the switch princess name.

As for the kiss. I cant disagree with you that its added but i think i kinda wanted that instead.

Well thats not a big deal. in the end 5 and 7 were botched rather badly in many opinions.

An aside do u know the difference between the censored and uncensored versions in the last episode..... Rossweise's eyecatch and that is it. That alone is a failure. by the way if your gonna make it a bikini at least let Rias's girls hang out.

Having her boobs exposed would have been worse IMO. It looked kinda derpy, but maybe it's like Loki's design and next EP it'll look better due to being the finale.

ImperialFlameGod8190
2015-06-15, 22:18
Having her boobs exposed would have been worse IMO. It looked kinda derpy, but maybe it's like Loki's design and next EP it'll look better due to being the finale.

who knows. Lets see the next episode

bluestahli1
2015-06-15, 23:15
My only issue with Rias' armor was having her bare skin exposed in some parts of the armor, it would've been better if it were a dark colored scale male rather then her skin, do that and it would look better.

Chichiryuushintei
2015-06-16, 13:20
http://i.imgur.com/JTmyYrv.jpg

So, it seems there'll be an event right after the last episode airs, is this a first or did they do the same for S1 and NEW?

If this is a first, my bet is that they'll announce another OVA adapting the Extra Life of v8 or another short story. Since lately a lot of anime announce sequels right after ending.

Biohazardous
2015-06-16, 13:25
Lets hope its some good announcement. :)

DOmus
2015-06-16, 13:27

So, it seems there'll be an event right after the last episode airs, is this a first or did they do the same for S1 and NEW?

If this is a first, my bet is that they'll announce another OVA adapting the Extra Life of v8 or another short story. Since lately a lot of anime announce sequels right after ending.

They might tell what will come in the ova of DX2.

Chichiryuushintei
2015-06-16, 13:29
They might tell what will come in the ova of DX2.

They already did when it was first announced I think, it'll be the Short Story where Ise helps Rizer recover from his fear against dragons. Or at least the title is identical.

Sacredus
2015-06-16, 13:57

Remake that follow novels? It can be even as OVA. Just erase Born existence.
Actually, it never happened. That was just a bad dream.

Chichiryuushintei
2015-06-16, 14:05
Actually, it never happened. That was just a bad dream.

Actually it did happen, you like it or not.

I doubt they'd waste money and time in something that is half identical to what they just did a few months before. Just go to the next volumes.

Hokoga
2015-06-16, 14:28
Actually, it never happened. That was just a bad dream.I highly doubt they would try to fix the horrible changes they made with this season.

I lose more and more faith in anime every year because of shit like this :sad:

MV5
2015-06-16, 18:26
I heard that Ishibumi has a blog where he does receives questions about the changes in this season. Does anyone know if he has addressed anything? I am quite curious to know what his response is :heh:
To sum up his response, "Please have faith/patience". That's all he said, really weak response if I may say. I know we speculate as to why this season was changed/modified, but we have yet to get the specifics as to why the changes were considered/proposed.

This is the 3rd event they have done for BorN. 1st event was the pre-screening event before the season aired, 2nd event was to recap the 4 episodes and a pre-screening for episode 5, this 3rd event is a public live recording for the radio show/recapping the whole season.

Chichiryuushintei
2015-06-16, 18:39
To sum up his response, "Please have faith/patience". That's all he said, really weak response if I may say. I know we speculate as to why this season was changed/modified, but we have yet to get the specifics as to why the changes were considered/proposed.

This is the 3rd event they have done for BorN. 1st event was the pre-screening event before the season aired, 2nd event was to recap the 4 episodes and a pre-screening for episode 5, this 3rd event is a public live recording for the radio show/recapping the whole season.

I know about those, I meant if they did events for the previous seasons finales.

MV5
2015-06-16, 18:56
I know about those, I meant if they did events for the previous seasons finales.
Not that I've heard or seen. This is mainly for the final episode of the radio show/recapping the whole season. I remember seeing a comment on a Japanese review site where he noted this season had a total of 3 events, almost surprised by it. So this may be the first time they've done more than 1 event for a season.

Chichiryuushintei
2015-06-16, 19:02
Not that I've heard or seen. This is mainly for the final episode of the radio show/recapping the whole season. I remember seeing a comment on a Japanese review site where he noted this season had a total of 3 events, almost surprised by it. So this may be the first time they've done more than 1 event for a season.

OK, thanks. Than having an OVA announced is not too farfetched, specially since having something announced in the end of the season has been kind of common lately (Shinmai Maou, Aldnoah.Zero, and Tokyo Ghoul come to mind.)

Always86
2015-06-16, 19:23
One question to the people who haven't enjoyed this season.

Do you like Game of Thrones? Harry Potter?

It's not uncommon with adaptations to change things in a story to benifit its structure in the long term. As George' Rail Road' Martin says, this is a different version of the same story.

I personally don't think this season has been bad over all. I know people think important stuff has been cut, and perhaps it has, but perhaps it will be neatly slotted in later. Maybe it will be put in to OVAs.

None of the changes they have made have broken the story. It's been a couple of years since I read the books, but with the exception of the ratings games I think the main points have been hit. Just a thought. Isn't there a good chance they could use the Sitri and Sairong fights to pad the book 9 story?

As I think I said before if you want a really close adaptation the manga is worth buying. It's nearly up to date with the Japanese release now.

Seafoam
2015-06-16, 19:35
One question to the people who haven't enjoyed this season.

Do you like Game of Thrones? Harry Potter?

It's not uncommon with adaptations to change things in a story to benifit its structure in the long term. As George' Rail Road' Martin says, this is a different version of the same story.

I personally don't think this season has been bad over all. I know people think important stuff has been cut, and perhaps it has, but perhaps it will be neatly slotted in later. Maybe it will be put in to OVAs.

None of the changes they have made have broken the story. It's been a couple of years since I read the books, but with the exception of the ratings games I think the main points have been hit. Just a thought. Isn't there a good chance they could use the Sitri and Sairong fights to pad the book 9 story?

As I think I said before if you want a really close adaptation the manga is worth buying. It's nearly up to date with the Japanese release now.

As a reader of ASOIAF and someone who has watched GoT, I can tell you that they handled the cut and skipped material better (aside from Lady Stoneheart). But on the flip side of things, DxD's approach has foreshadowed future events better with the changes, so you are right.

MV5
2015-06-16, 23:48
Not really. Book 9 has the kyoto trip/Hero faction introduction, also the spar between Issei and Sairaorg at the beginning. Since Ishibumi changed the tournament to a single round elimination instead of a round robin, Team Rias vs. Team Sairaorg would be auto locked since the Diodora incident. Seeky vs. Sona would take place during that match so there is no continuity errors.

Always86
2015-06-17, 04:03
It's hard to say if ASOIAF has changed in a beneficial way. It is frustrating when charters we love die early or don't appear. And I'm really not trying to compare the quality of the two things. The point was that it's fundamentally the same story and they believe the changes they are making are long term beneficial to the story. And in my opinion the changes they have made haven't hurt the characters or plot.

I don't remember to much of volume 9. Really only the climatic fight, with Rias being summoned, from what I recall it would be tough for it to fit 6 episodes.

B214
2015-06-17, 04:40
Not really. Book 9 has the kyoto trip/Hero faction introduction, also the spar between Issei and Sairaorg at the beginning. Since Ishibumi changed the tournament to a single round elimination instead of a round robin, Team Rias vs. Team Sairaorg would be auto locked since the Diodora incident. Seeky vs. Sona would take place during that match so there is no continuity errors.

Rias and Sairaorg won't immediately face each other. Sona and Seekvaira became seeded (yes i know makes to sense on why Sairaorg is not seeded), so only Rias and Sairaorg had to fight an additional round. Meaning if Sairaorg and Rias wins, they'll have to face Seekvaira and Sona first before facing each other. But lets see how the anime will overcome that, they might use the Diodora incident like the LN.

Starway
2015-06-17, 06:01
Rias and Sairaorg won't immediately face each other. Sona and Seekvaira became seeded (yes i know makes to sense on why Sairaorg is not seeded), so only Rias and Sairaorg had to fight an additional round. Meaning if Sairaorg and Rias wins, they'll have to face Seekvaira and Sona first before facing each other. But lets see how the anime will overcome that, they might use the Diodora incident like the LN.

They've already thrown season 3 into a blender just so they could set up latter seasons we don't need them adding volume 5 to volume nine and ruining season 4 as well also adding Ria vs sona would be inconsistent as hell volume 5 Gremory team won with 4 member left with like ten handicaps volume 9 Gremory would end the fight instantly.

reinastar
2015-06-17, 06:33
Sona sama's peerage are weak against Rias Onee-Sama's peerage, Saji sama is weak against Issei Sama~

Chichiryuushintei
2015-06-17, 06:49
Sona sama's peerage are weak against Rias Onee-Sama's peerage, Saji sama is weak against Issei Sama~

1+1=2 :p

Seriously though, I don't really want them to make that RG, everything that came as a consequence from it already happened, Tsubaki has a crush on Kiba, Sona's dream was spoken out, and Saji can do shit on his own instead of needing Ise to both get his new powers and keep him in check from going berserk.

bluestahli1
2015-06-17, 07:42
I always loved it when Saji sufferes, like that time in Vol.17 when he was using his body as a meat shield I was enjoying it very well, I was all like

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-iYg-k9d93Gc/Uldq-nj1FSI/AAAAAAAABoE/csTcN775qiI/s1600/jojo+kars+dear+god.png

Biohazardous
2015-06-17, 08:34
Lol why no Saji love blue?

reinastar
2015-06-17, 08:44
Evil Rias Onee-Sama would crushed Sona sama's peerage muwehehehe ^_^~

bluestahli1
2015-06-17, 08:44
Well you can say I love it when none main characters suffer, like they worked their ass off to get stronger and stuff but in the end it still isn't enough, for me he's like vegeta in a way...sort of(?)

ImperialFlameGod8190
2015-06-17, 08:52

actually honestly i'll say the complete opposite. Sona's team isnt weak against Rias's team they're actually well suited. The LN showed that. Sona's team lost the rating game because of the fact that she herself is weaker then Rias. Sona's team and Sona herself are well suited. In fact i'd make the bet that with the current vol 20 peerages. Sona would actually be able to beat Rias provided she's boosted her power significantly.

Chichiryuushintei
2015-06-17, 09:09
actually honestly i'll say the complete opposite. Sona's team isnt weak against Rias's team they're actually well suited. The LN showed that. Sona's team lost the rating game because of the fact that she herself is weaker then Rias. Sona's team and Sona herself are well suited. In fact i'd make the bet that with the current vol 20 peerages. Sona would actually be able to beat Rias provided she's boosted her power significantly.

Except that the only reason the RG lasted more than 2 seconds was because of the condition of not destroying the Mall. If it wasn't for that Ise could just have nuked them in a second without even getting out of the base. Besides Gasper's Time Stop and Xenovia's use of Durandal's destructive capabilities.

So no, they aren't even close to be a match for Rias's peerage.

@EDIT: @blue: I'd agree if Saji was an ass like Vegeta, but he's a really cool guy, so I really like how the anime is treating him with a bit more of respect.

Biohazardous
2015-06-17, 09:12
I agree with Chich. Ise allowed to do as he pleases could take the whole team solo. Actually killing some Sona may or may not have a chance depending on how much stronger she's gotten. Pair Gasper and Ise for extra insurance of a win.

ImperialFlameGod8190
2015-06-17, 09:19
Except that the only reason the RG lasted more than 2 seconds was because of the condition of not destroying the Mall. If it wasn't for that Ise could just have nuked them in a second without even getting out of the base. Besides Gasper's Time Stop and Xenovia's use of Durandal's destructive capabilities.

So no, they aren't even close to be a match for Rias's peerage.

I agree with Chich. Ise allowed to do as he pleases could take the whole team solo. Actually killing some Sona may or may not have a chance depending on how much stronger she's gotten. Pair Gasper and Ise for extra insurance of a win.

Unfortunately you guys are forgetting exactly the point. You guys are right the gangs true power would make it impossible for Issei and gang to win. However BECAUSE of the fact that the RG will force restrictions for the gang Sona has a better chance. Mirror Alice Tsubaki's SG makes things tough. Plus Rugal and Bennia are solid and we havent really seen what they can do.

Vol 5 team did some damage but Sona was too weak to beat Rias.

Vol 20 team could make it way more interesting because. Bennia would take Kiba and thats a tough battle. Rugal could fight Xenovia and her power along probably with Koneko. Mirror Alice makes it even for Akeno. Saji and restricted issei are even because lets assume they only give BB to both. Those things being said its a matter of how much they restrict Issei and Saji.

B214
2015-06-17, 09:32

You do realize that in an all out RG, Sona can just have her servants support Tsubaki to allow use her SG ability on the Gremory Team, so i wonder how smart it is to start the match with a nuke like you said.

Chichiryuushintei
2015-06-17, 09:32
Unfortunately you guys are forgetting exactly the point. You guys are right the gangs true power would make it impossible for Issei and gang to win. However BECAUSE of the fact that the RG will force restrictions for the gang Sona has a better chance. Mirror Alice Tsubaki's SG makes things tough. Plus Rugal and Bennia are solid and we havent really seen what they can do.

Vol 5 team did some damage but Sona was too weak to beat Rias.

Vol 20 team could make it way more interesting because. Bennia would take Kiba and thats a tough battle. Rugal could fight Xenovia and her power along probably with Koneko. Mirror Alice makes it even for Akeno. Saji and restricted issei are even because lets assume they only give BB to both. Those things being said its a matter of how much they restrict Issei and Saji.

If there are restrictions, it doesn't count as a victory. If it's like that, I can beat Superman if we fight in a planet made out of kryptonite. It doesn't change the fact that I'm weak as fuck.

Yes, I know the restrictions are for entertainment, but it'd still be a hollow and meaningless victory for anyone who practice's the RG as a sport. If it was me I'd feel like the higher-ups felt sorry because I'm not competent enough and decided to give me advantages I didn't deserve it work for. It wouldn't be my skills, strenght or my competence as a leader that won the match.

@B214: Define "support". As far as I know, the only way to enhance someone's capabilities is through [Transfer]. Besides, if Longinus that can kill Gods are limited, a normal SG also is.

Biohazardous
2015-06-17, 10:05
You do realize that in an all out RG, Sona can just have her servants support Tsubaki to allow use her SG ability on the Gremory Team, so i wonder how smart it is to start the match with a nuke like you said.

Her abilities are more than likely limited on how much power it can handle. It can be overwhelmed by power just like Vali was Ise keep transferring his power.

ImperialFlameGod8190
2015-06-17, 10:16
If there are restrictions, it doesn't count as a victory. If it's like that, I can beat Superman if we fight in a planet made out of kryptonite. It doesn't change the fact that I'm weak as fuck.

Yes, I know the restrictions are for entertainment, but it'd still be a hollow and meaningless victory for anyone who practice's the RG as a sport. If it was me I'd feel like the higher-ups felt sorry because I'm not competent enough and decided to give me advantages I didn't deserve it work for. It wouldn't be my skills, strenght or my competence as a leader that won the match.

I dont disagree with you but thats besides the point. The problem is as i've said Vol 5 Sona v Rias was pretty close the only problem was Sona was weaker then Rias. right now Sona is a tough matchup. Saji's BB makes him a tricky opponent for issei even in CCQ. Rugal gives them the muscle to take on even Shirone mode Koneko and Xenovia together. bennia's speed makes her vs kiba a compelling fight. Tsubaki obviously is tough for Akeno. It depends on Sona's strength and that is the fun part.

This discussion of who would win isnt meant for this thread so lets move it somewhere else

Chichiryuushintei
2015-06-17, 10:40
I dont disagree with you but thats besides the point. The problem is as i've said Vol 5 Sona v Rias was pretty close the only problem was Sona was weaker then Rias. right now Sona is a tough matchup. Saji's BB makes him a tricky opponent for issei even in CCQ. Rugal gives them the muscle to take on even Shirone mode Koneko and Xenovia together. bennia's speed makes her vs kiba a compelling fight. Tsubaki obviously is tough for Akeno. It depends on Sona's strength and that is the fun part.

This discussion of who would win isnt meant for this thread so lets move it somewhere else

Close because of ridiculous nerfing + a super OP ability handed to them in a silver platter.

And the Gremory Team is more OP than ever now:

Xenovia has Ex-Durandal, which has 7 OP abilities, and was compared to Cao Cao's BB.

Kiba has 4-6 Legendary Demonic Swords plus his 2 Balance Breakers.

Koneko has Shirone Mode that turns "Evil" beings to ashes just by touching. So Devils are screwed.

Rossweisse has her defensive/offensive ballistic magic.

Gasper has the powers of Dio Brando and Alucard together for fuck sake.

Asia has Fafnir and other familiars.

Rias will possibly have a Scale Mail in v20.

Now this is about the part of your comment that is just pure non-sense:

Saji's BB can barely be compared to Ise's normal BB. And you're saying he could handle Ise in CCQ? Please.

Weather
2015-06-17, 10:43

Just one more.

Emm not really, Shirone mode would no sell anything the Sitri Peerage can do, Rugal can't do anything except magic because touching Koneko would kill him, (being a devil), Same for Bennia and BB Saji since he also classified as an Evil Dragon AND Devil.

The rest are fodder except Tsubaki, Kiba is also faster than Bennia. Rossweisse would nuke Yura, Xenobia sheer power and excaliburs techs overwhelms Meguri, Gasper can solo both bishops (not to mention everybody on Sitri except MAYBE Saji), Asia can call Fafnir who would again solo except Maybe Saji, And Rias is proven that she can take Sona alone.

Only Tsubaki vs Akeno is close, mostly becuase Tsubaki's hax SG.

Starway
2015-06-17, 10:55
Just one more.

Emm not really, Shirone mode would no sell anything the Sitri Peerage can do, Rugal can't do anything except magic because touching Koneko would kill him, (being a devil), Same for Bennia and BB Saji since he also classified as an Evil Dragon AND Devil.

The rest are fodder except Tsubaki, Kiba is also faster than Bennia. Rossweisse would nuke Yura, Xenobia sheer power and excaliburs techs overwhelms Meguri, Gasper can solo both bishops (not to mention everybody on Sitri except MAYBE Saji), Asia can call Fafnir who would again solo except Maybe Saji, And Rias is proven that she can take Sona alone.

Only Tsubaki vs Akeno is close, mostly becuase Tsubaki's hax SG.
You pretty much stole the words right out of my mouth and yes gasper can sole most of sitri team by himself I can't believe no one was mentioning him sitri team is strong but Gremory team is overpowered and gasper even more so.

Weather
2015-06-17, 11:01
Saji's BB can barely be compared to Ise's normal BB. And you're saying he could handle Ise in CCQ? Please.

Let's be fair here Chichi, he DID fight and tied with Walburga and forced her to use BB.

They guy IS stronger than Issei's BB, but not CCQ level of course.

B214
2015-06-17, 12:33
@B214: Define "support". As far as I know, the only way to enhance someone's capabilities is through [Transfer]. Besides, if Longinus that can kill Gods are limited, a normal SG also is.

Here
[The lines ability to absorb magical powers has been enhanced. At the same time the line will be connected to Rossweisse-san. –We also have magic users on our side, so we should utilise this situation.]

The starting of the match is when they are at their best state, if Issei just nukes it, do you think Sona's side won't have any preparation? They'd just use Saji and Tsubaki's abilities to their best advantage.

Also remember if Ise can only shoot out the Crimson Blaster after a certain amount of Boost, after that the power won't be increasing at all. Doing that at the start of the match is literally digging one's grave.

Biohazardous
2015-06-17, 12:53
That's not the only weapon in their arsenal though.

Chichiryuushintei
2015-06-17, 13:32
Here

The starting of the match is when they are at their best state, if Issei just nukes it, do you think Sona's side won't have any preparation? They'd just use Saji and Tsubaki's abilities to their best advantage.

Also remember if Ise can only shoot out the Crimson Blaster after a certain amount of Boost, after that the power won't be increasing at all. Doing that at the start of the match is literally digging one's grave.

So using Saji's lines? OK, I though you were talking about her other servants.

That's only viable if they are able to handle that amount of power. And if even Reflect, the ability of a Heavenly Dragon, has limits to the amount of power it can reflect, a normal SG will also have. And I seriously doubt a regular SG can handle a blast waaaaay stronger than a city-blasting nuke.

And nothing says he can't just boost some more after one use, as long as he has stamina.

Parry999
2015-06-17, 15:08
Dildo rot ass to mouth. That was a great one Josh

ShadowSamurai365
2015-06-17, 16:24
Close because of ridiculous nerfing + a super OP ability handed to them in a silver platter.

And the Gremory Team is more OP than ever now:

Xenovia has Ex-Durandal, which has 7 OP abilities, and was compared to Cao Cao's BB.

Kiba has 4-6 Legendary Demonic Swords plus his 2 Balance Breakers.

Koneko has Shirone Mode that turns "Evil" beings to ashes just by touching. So Devils are screwed.

Rossweisse has her defensive/offensive ballistic magic.

Gasper has the powers of Dio Brando and Alucard together for fuck sake.

Asia has Fafnir and other familiars.

Rias will possibly have a Scale Mail in v20.

Now this is about the part of your comment that is just pure non-sense:

This statement is making it sound like while the Gremory team is a "powerhouse" team (dealing with power), they're not exactly "skilled" when it comes to dealing with certain situations.

Chichiryuushintei
2015-06-17, 18:06
This statement is making it sound like while the Gremory team is a "powerhouse" team (dealing with power), they're not exactly "skilled" when it comes to dealing with certain situations.

That's because aside from Kiba, everyone in the Gremory Team is a Power-Type. Skill doesn't really mean anything if they can just knock you out with one hit.

And I'm talking about an all-out battle. No restrictions for entertainment sake or any shit like that.

Weather
2015-06-17, 20:13
And I just remembered.

Saji boosts Tsubaki Mirror Alice? Issei says Penetrate. GG Mirror Alice.

Chichiryuushintei
2015-06-17, 20:26
And I just remembered.

Saji boosts Tsubaki Mirror Alice? Issei says Penetrate. GG Mirror Alice.

But Tsubaki wants to be penetrated by Kiba, not Ise. XD

Yeah, I forgot about what's possibly the most OP ability in the entire series. (Besides Gasper's)

Biohazardous
2015-06-18, 07:59
In the case of Tsubaki wanting to be penetrated by Kiba. Kiba could say hey Tsubaki let's go on a date tomorrow night. Now Tsubaki is too flustered to fight. :D

Chichiryuushintei
2015-06-18, 08:20
In the case of Tsubaki wanting to be penetrated by Kiba. Kiba could say hey Tsubaki let's go on a date tomorrow night. Now Tsubaki is too flustered to fight. :D

But Kiba wants to go on dates and penetrate/be penetrated by Ise. Besides, he's dense like every other 17 year old in this series. :p

Biohazardous
2015-06-18, 08:32
That's why one of the girls needs to recommend him saying that. We really need to get Momo-chan in this series she'll whip everyone into shape. :p

B214
2015-06-18, 08:55
That's why one of the girls needs to recommend him saying that. We really need to get Momo-chan in this series she'll whip everyone into shape. :p

We already have a Momo though, just not effective like the one you mentioned. :heh:

ImperialFlameGod8190
2015-06-18, 09:22
We already have a Momo though, just not effective like the one you mentioned. :heh:
im gonna continue this in the harem discussion thread.

Archilla
2015-06-18, 17:52
But Tsubaki wants to be penetrated by Kiba, not Ise. XD

Yeah, I forgot about what's possibly the most OP ability in the entire series. (Besides Gasper's)

My feat senses starting tingling, and I knew I had to return to the forum. :D

Also, man I'm glad I took this week off. Stuff got feisty 'round here.

But yeah, if Pentrate is as powerful as it's implied, it's bascially an even MORE powerful version of Riz's ability. It's the hax that beats the ultimate hax.

Chichiryuushintei
2015-06-18, 18:21
My feat senses starting tingling, and I knew I had to return to the forum. :D

Also, man I'm glad I took this week off. Stuff got feisty 'round here.

But yeah, if Pentrate is as powerful as it's implied, it's bascially an even MORE powerful version of Riz's ability. It's the hax that beats the ultimate hax.

Rizevim can nullify a certain kind of ability (Same as Diehauser's actually :heh:) Ise can make sure that doesn't matter what you do, his attacks hit. Even if that attack is an ability that your ability was made to nullify. And we know that he can hit hard. God, the more I think about it, Penetrate gets more broken by each second. :twitch:

Archilla
2015-06-18, 18:30
Rizevim can nullify a certain kind of ability (Same as Diehauser's actually :heh:) Ise can make sure that doesn't matter what you do, his attacks hit. Even if that attack is an ability that your ability was made to nullify. And we know that he can hit hard. God, the more I think about it, Penetrate gets more broken by each second. :twitch:

What will be the tipping point is whether or not it stacks. Boosting a Dragon Shot with Penetrate would basically have him jump a tier.

On topic: Even though it did have a decent "dafuq?" moment, I still enjoyed the episode and am excited for the finale. Animation got a bit wonky though.

Seafoam
2015-06-18, 19:28
What will be the tipping point is whether or not it stacks. Boosting a Dragon Shot with Penetrate would basically have him jump a tier.

On topic: Even though it did have a decent "dafuq?" moment, I still enjoyed the episode and am excited for the finale. Animation got a bit wonky though.

Not sure how, but it looks like Ishibumi wasn't lying when he said Juggernaut Drive drained the budget. 10 and 11 were sub-par even for season 3's animation.

Tbolt
2015-06-18, 19:40
Not sure how, but it looks like Ishibumi wasn't lying when he said Juggernaut Drive drained the budget. 10 and 11 were sub-par even for season 3's animation.

I'm a little surprised at that because for me JD was a big let down. The hype was better than the event for me..

Seafoam
2015-06-18, 19:41
I'm a little surprised at that because for me JD was a big let down for me.

That's exactly what I mean. It had the best animation of the season yet that's still pretty bad for DxD.

azeem40
2015-06-18, 19:47
That's exactly what I mean. It had the best animation of the season yet that's still pretty bad for DxD.

Totally agree with you there.

Archilla
2015-06-18, 19:59
Can anyone imagine if Ufotable got to do episode 9?

Drooooooool.......

Also, really Tbolt? For what TNK is, I thought JD was done quite well. I especially enjoyed the lead-up.

Chichiryuushintei
2015-06-18, 20:19

Drooooooool.......

Also, really Tbolt? For what TNK is, I thought JD was done quite well. I especially enjoyed the lead-up.

If only they had perverts among the directors... Oh, wait, Fate was a porn game. There's hope!

But, yeah, for TNK standards, that was great.

Seafoam
2015-06-18, 20:40

Drooooooool.......

Ufotable animating the Issei vs Sairaorg fight... holy shit.

Archilla
2015-06-18, 21:10
Ufotable animating the Issei vs Sairaorg fight... holy shit.

Don't you bait my feels with Volume 10...

Chichiryuushintei
2015-06-19, 09:28
Re-watched the EP subbed, and yeah, the faces were more off than usual, though not that bad. I didn't notice the first time I watched it.

But the music was so damn epic throughout the whole episode I don't even care. xD

Chichiryuushintei
2015-06-20, 11:06
... Seriously, why I'm not mad at this? It's freaking me out that I'm not. O_O

Like, seriously, when Ise saved Rias with talk no jutsu I was rolling my eyes, but after that I just liked everything. That scene in the beach was really sweet, and the Song was hilarious. If they announce this was the last season of DxD, I'm even more happy with this.

ImperialFlameGod8190
2015-06-20, 11:24

Like, seriously, when Ise saved Rias with talk no jutsu I was rolling my eyes, but after that I just liked everything. That scene in the beach was really sweet, and the Song was hilarious. If they announce this was the last season of DxD, I'm even more happy with this.

just promise those who are you wont bitch them out.

DOmus
2015-06-20, 11:28

Thats because you are a true fanboy, congratulations. :heh:

Chichiryuushintei
2015-06-20, 11:30
just promise those who are you wont bitch them out.

Eh, as long as they don't get on high horses and say that evreything is ruined when it was all perfect in the LN I don't really care. This will probably invoke a lot more bitching than usual so I'll probably try to comment less as well.

@DOmus: How am I a fanboy if I bash at plot points of the story constantly?

Sacredus
2015-06-20, 11:38
Just look how many posts you wrote defending 3rd series. You are a fanboy, but there's nothing wrong with it. :)

ImperialFlameGod8190
2015-06-20, 11:40
Eh, as long as they don't get on high horses and say that evreything is ruined when it was all perfect in the LN I don't really care. This will probably invoke a lot more bitching than usual so I'll probably try to comment less as well.

@DOmus: How am I a fanboy if I bash at plot points of the story constantly?

You said you cant hate it and u dont know why. If i'm not mistaken despite clear flaws you've given 10s to every single episode this series. Most of us bash the points within the episode but really all you care about is the next season IF it comes. You care about JD and thats it and as long as that was fine you'd pretty much have no issues.

Seafoam
2015-06-20, 11:41
I dunno about you guys but if next season has so much as one anime original episode I'm probably gonna drop it.

Chichiryuushintei
2015-06-20, 11:43
Just look how many posts you wrote defending 3rd series. You are a fanboy, but there's nothing wrong with it. :)

Enjoying something makes you a fanboy now? As far as I know fanboys are those that look away from the flaws of the series and call it completely flawless masterpieces (I'm looking at you Gary >_>). I never once said BorN is perfect. I said it was enjoyable.

@Imperial: Actually I gave mostly 9s rather than 10s. Ep 5 got a 7.

I'm just realistic when it comes to adaptations. I choose what I like the most in the source material and stop caring about the rest because I know the chance of it being perfect is lower than zero. Helps with enjoying 20 minutes and keeps myself from getting stressed over something as silly as an anime.

ImperialFlameGod8190
2015-06-20, 11:50
Enjoying something makes you a fanboy now? As far as I know fanboys are those that look away from the flaws of the series and call it completely flawless masterpieces (I'm looking at you Gary >_>). I never once said BorN is perfect. I said it was enjoyable.

@Imperial: Actually I gave mostly 9s rather than 10s. Ep 5 got a 7.

I'm just realistic when it comes to adaptations. I choose what I like the most in the source material and stop caring about the rest because I know the chance of it being perfect is lower than zero. Helps with enjoying 20 minutes and keeps myself from getting stressed over something as silly as an anime.

perhaps so. Well i havent seen it yet and i get the feeling we'll have our usual issues.

Chichiryuushintei
2015-06-20, 11:55
BTW wasn't there an event scheduled for ater the last episode aired? Any news on that?

MV5
2015-06-20, 14:58
BTW wasn't there an event scheduled for ater the last episode aired? Any news on that?
Hasn't taken place yet. It was scheduled the day after the episode aired so Sunday.

Chichiryuushintei
2015-06-20, 15:00
Hasn't taken place yet. It was scheduled the day after the episode aired so Sunday.

OK, thanks. XD

Seafoam
2015-06-20, 15:03
So didn't Ishibumi say we would get both Chichigami and more Ravel in the 2nd half of this season?

MV5
2015-06-20, 15:11
So didn't Ishibumi say we would get both Chichigami and more Ravel in the 2nd half of this season?
The Ravel thing was probably just the inclusion of the phoenix tears. I believe he said she would play a bigger role rather than have more screen time, which would be saving Issei's life in that regard. It was cleared up earlier in a post when the tweet came out. Eh, we have the OVA in December to look forward too. As for the Chichigami thing, no clue. Maybe he meant the Oppai Dragon song? Like how people misinterpreted the Extra footage in his blog for extra scenes when it was the Specials all along.

Chichiryuushintei
2015-06-20, 15:12

Yeah, I'm as confused as you're. One thing is the studio changing stuff in the anime. But the author outright lying about it is just... seriously it baffles me. He better clear it up soon on his blog or twitter.

Weather
2015-06-20, 15:50
I shall completely dissapear from this thread for the next 2 weeks.

I'll pick the bodies left behind then.

moodie
2015-06-20, 15:54
Yeah, I'm as confused as you're. One thing is the studio changing stuff in the anime. But the author outright lying about it is just... seriously it baffles me. He better clear it up soon on his blog or twitter.

maybe that was a hint for a split cour all along!

Sacredus
2015-06-20, 16:01
No. Just no. Just let DxD anime die in piece. I will always have first two season in my memory, and try forget about Born existence or just pretend it didn't happened.

Raptor178
2015-06-20, 16:04
No. Just no. Just let DxD anime die in piece.

It doesn't have to if the fanbase wants to buy the BDs.

Chichiryuushintei
2015-06-20, 16:07
maybe that was a hint for a split cour all along!

If this is it then I'm probably going to cry from happiness. Trying to make more (actually following the LNs this time, since v9 and 10 are much better than 5 and 7) and failing is better than not trying at all. OPTIMISM RULZ!!! :U

Weather
2015-06-20, 16:14
Being honest I actually liked the episode.

And you know the whole episode screamed "FORESHADOWING AND S4"

Seafoam
2015-06-20, 16:35
They spent too much time foreshadowing next season if you ask me.

Weather
2015-06-20, 16:39
They spent too much time foreshadowing next season if you ask me.

Given they literally made this Season for JD, and how much of a fanboy Ishibumi (and probably everybody of TNK) are of the Sairaorg vs Issei fight... I can't blame them.

Seafoam
2015-06-20, 16:42
Given they literally made this Season for JD, and how much of a fanboy Ishibumi (and probably everybody of TNK) are of the Sairaorg vs Issei fight... I can't blame them.

Yeah but the whole Triana ordeal was out of place and if they really wanted to hint a new season that much they should've just shown a scene with Cao Cao or something. Like the first time Issei used Bishop mode in 9 was just so epic. Here it just felt kinda thrown in and toned down.

Malicre
2015-06-20, 16:43

So its ok for an entire season to suck as long as the next one makes up for it? mmmmm k.

Weather
2015-06-20, 16:46
So its ok for an entire season to suck as long as the next one makes up for it? mmmmm k.

Here people say it's sucked, others say otherwise.

Why would I take One in particular? I personally liked it anyway.

Chichiryuushintei
2015-06-20, 16:52

Considering that the overall season didn't suck and that the only volumes I actually give half a shit about are 6, 10 and 11-12, yeah. As long as those are done well, I don't really care.

Malicre
2015-06-20, 16:53
Considering that the overall season didn't suck and that the only volumes I actually give half a shit about are 6, 10 and 11-12, yeah. As long as those are done well, I don't really care.

Was i talking to you? no, sorry mr fanboy. Everyone knows you give anything related to DxD a 10/10.