PDA

View Full Version : High School DxD season 3 confirmed.

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9]

Chichiryuushintei
2015-06-20, 16:58
Was i talking to you? no, sorry mr fanboy. Everyone knows you give anything related to DxD a 10/10.

lol I just said that I only care about 4 volumes in a series of 20. How is that being a fanboy? Again, just because I enjoy something doesn't mean I think it's perfect.

Weather
2015-06-20, 17:02
Was i talking to you? no, sorry mr fanboy. Everyone knows you give anything related to DxD a 10/10.

Ohhhh somebody's mad now.

Here you go, get yourself a hug.

https://1003graduate.files.wordpress.com/2013/04/high-school-dxd-2.jpg

moodie
2015-06-20, 17:54
lol I just said that I only care about 4 volumes in a series of 20. How is that being a fanboy? Again, just because I enjoy something doesn't mean I think it's perfect.

thats 4 to many mr fan boy!

Chichiryuushintei
2015-06-20, 17:55
thats 4 to many mr fan boy!

Yeah, I guess the only way my opinion can mean shit is if I don't like anything in the source material. :(

iNoto
2015-06-20, 18:54

Scores are subjective. Some people may rate it 1-9 and some 10/10 despite having flaws.

Personal taste buddy.

reinastar
2015-06-20, 18:56
Why didn't corrupted Rias Onee-Sama stay WHY!!!! :(~

Chichiryuushintei
2015-06-20, 18:58
Scores are subjective. Some people may rate it 1-9 and some 10/10 despite having flaws.

Personal taste buddy.

This. This all day, every day.

@Reinastar: Because Ise's not into crazy bitches. :p

reinastar
2015-06-20, 19:02
Chichi Onii-Sama I am really sad that she is gone forever reinastar is very sad :(~

bluestahli1
2015-06-20, 19:04
Chichi Onii-Sama I am really sad that she is gone forever reinastar is very sad :(~

*internet evil hug* :D

reinastar
2015-06-20, 19:07
*internet evil hug* :D

You do know I'm a yan blu Onii-Sama once you comfort me I really won't leave you behind ever !!! ~^_^~

Chichiryuushintei
2015-06-20, 19:08

I'm starting to like your sadness. :)~~ huehuehue just kidding. lol

MV5
2015-06-20, 19:14
Yeah but the whole Triana ordeal was out of place and if they really wanted to hint a new season that much they should've just shown a scene with Cao Cao or something. Like the first time Issei used Bishop mode in 9 was just so epic. Here it just felt kinda thrown in and toned down.
My take on it, is that we got a small glimpse of Triana in the finale. It wasn't really a complete transformation though, since Issei only got the shoulder cannons while the rest of his armor wasn't modified. So I'm okay with it.

bluestahli1
2015-06-20, 19:21
You do know I'm a yan blu Onii-Sama once you comfort me I really won't leave you behind ever !!! ~^_^~

I am much more comfortable that way :cool:

Archilla
2015-06-20, 22:56
Damn, this is getting fiesty.

I'll admit I haven't seen the episode, but unless it's 22 minutes of a snuff film, I'm surprised to see anyone say they'll stop supporting the anime.

The anime is simply there to give us enjoyable DxD content, and support Ishibumi and the main series.

It's a silly series designed to entertain. If people could relax, they just might find themselves enjoying it.

bluestahli1
2015-06-21, 00:16
Anyone else notice when Ise was charging his cannons, the jewel on his chest has a crack shaped like an X? holy crap XBOX has rights to Ise! :D

reinastar
2015-06-21, 00:45
I am much more comfortable that way :cool:

Okay blue sama I won't let you go I will always watch/stalk you from shadow muwehehehe blue sama ~^_^~

On serious note season 3 suck Corrupted Rias Onee-Sama didn't stay till the end reinastar really sad :(~

B214
2015-06-21, 00:53
On serious note season 3 suck Corrupted Rias Onee-Sama didn't stay till the end reinastar really sad :(~

How is that supposed to be serious, that wasn't even in the original plot. -__-

Seafoam
2015-06-21, 00:57
Not sure if anyone has posted it here yet but from an interview with the staff of TNK in megami magazine, they came out and stated that if season 4 is greenlit, they're going back to 2 volume per season, and the same format as season 1 and 2.

reinastar
2015-06-21, 01:04
How is that supposed to be serious, that wasn't even in the original plot. -__-

In my own opinion it is what I am referring about B214 sama~

Season 4 oh wow though I'm wishing for opening and ending song would be sang by S1 artist sama :(~

Seafoam
2015-06-21, 01:06
Season 4 oh wow though I'm wishing for opening and ending song would be sang by S1 artist sama :(~

I'm definitely with you on that. :heh:

reinastar
2015-06-21, 01:09
I'm definitely with you on that. :heh:

Obey Onii-Sama S1-S2 opening and ending are a bit better than S3 to tell the truth :(~

moodie
2015-06-21, 01:14
announcement yet?

Chichiryuushintei
2015-06-21, 08:01
YES! HAHA, like I said, OPTIMISM RULZ! :U

Could anyone link me to that so that I can post it on reddit? Things are kinda wild there. lol

Meh, I'd prefer an OP by Masaaki Endoh.

Chichiryuushintei
2015-06-21, 11:00
Subs are out. The anime gained even more points with me for the sole fact that Rias actually asks Ise to call her Rias instead of just waiting for him to learn how to read minds.

And before anyone says "Bilingual" it's pretty damn obvious Rias dislikes Ise's perverted techniques.

Ultragunner
2015-06-21, 12:50
So....Ise just forgot that he called Rias by her name? Then what was the point of the last 3 episodes?????? :heh:

If they were gonna animate vol 10 after this, then why bother now? And after all the fighting, crying, yelling, confessing her "wish" AND got a reply from Ise himself, Rias just says: "For now, this is enough"???????????

I really can't comprehend any of this, someone please help me? :heh:

Don't tell me they rushed through vol 5, 6, 7 and used the spare episodes JUST to build up Triana??????????? Even the tiny bit of Ise's development will just be "forgotten" by him until later?????????

WHAT IS GOING ON HERE???? :heh:

Chichiryuushintei
2015-06-21, 12:57
So....Ise just forgot that he called Rias by her name? Then what was the point of the last 3 episodes?????? :heh:

If they were gonna animate vol 10 after this, then why bother now? And after all the fighting, crying, yelling, confessing her "wish" AND got a reply from Ise himself, Rias just says: "For now, this is enough"???????????

I really can't comprehend any of this, someone please help me? :heh:

Don't tell me they rushed through vol 5, 6, 7 and used the spare episodes JUST to build up Triana??????????? Even the tiny bit of Ise's development will just be "forgotten" by him until later?????????

WHAT IS GOING ON HERE???? :heh:
This wasn't about Ise's development, it was about Rias's.
In all the "development" arcs in DxD, the one who grows is the heroine in question, Ise just stays as he is up to v10.

Ultragunner
2015-06-21, 13:03
then how are they gonna handle Ise's development later in vol 10? Will Rias just snaps that Ise keeps on calling her "Buchou" instead of "Rias"?? :heh:

So are gonna gonna see something similar to the first part of the last 3 episodes??? :heh:

Parry999
2015-06-21, 13:13
Some one at tnk played way to much kingdom hearts 2. But instead of one of the most epic boss fights ever we get fodder one shots yeah wtf.

Chichiryuushintei
2015-06-21, 13:14
then how are they gonna handle Ise's development later in vol 10? Will Rias just snaps that Ise keeps on calling her "Buchou" instead of "Rias"?? :heh:

So are gonna gonna see something similar to the first part of the last 3 episodes??? :heh:

His development is more about himself thinking he's good enough for her than just her getting mad and he noticing it. He said himself he already noticed the girls are attracted to him but is just scared it's all an act.

Ultragunner
2015-06-21, 15:09
I know I know haha :heh:, but then what will be the trigger that will make him really confront that fear? In the LN it was because Rias snaps at him and everyone seems to be on her side and puts the blame on Issei => he spends sometimes alone contemplating and we have the "healing scene"

I'm just wondering how are they gonna handle this, will Issei, by himself, recognise his own fear and everyone just comforts him ???

yeah, I'm really curious

Chichiryuushintei
2015-06-21, 15:11
I know I know haha :heh:, but then what will be the trigger that will make him really confront that fear? In the LN it was because Rias snaps at him and everyone seems to be on her side and puts the blame on Issei => he spends sometimes alone contemplating and we have the "healing scene"

I'm just wondering how are they gonna handle this, will Issei, by himself, recognise his own fear and everyone just comforts him ???

yeah, I'm really curious

No idea. I'm not the scriptwriter. Hell, I don't even know IF there will be another season since the first BD volume only comes out in one month.

MV5
2015-06-21, 15:25
No idea. I'm not the scriptwriter. Hell, I don't even know IF there will be another season since the first BD volume only comes out in one month.
There is a reason why BorN's release date was pushed all the way into the month of July, the tail end no less. They want to build up those pre-orders for as long as they can. Right now, the stalker points for Born are at around 3.5k for the BDs, while the DVDs are closing in on 1k, but that's just for Amazon though, you have to factor in the pre-orders at other retailers as well. So it's already guaranteed to sell above 4k. Heck, the stalker ranking was in the 300s after episode 12 aired, an area it hasn't been in for quite awhile.

Ultragunner
2015-06-21, 15:26
yeah, I feel you, bruh (can I call you that btw)

I don't hate this season with a passion like many LN readers :heh:. How, now that I went back and go see BoRN as a whole, it wasn't that terrible at all, and there are some really clever and interesting changes that I really enjoy

e.g. how Ravel's gift to Issei was a phial of Phoenix Tears; firstly, it is an expensive item (granted that came from her family, but still), secondly, it shows that she wishes for Issei's safety; now if the studio were truly smart, they would use this as a stepping point for Ravel to involve herself the story i.e. Issei thanking her and stuff
Others scenes may include the beach with Issei & Rias - I have always been loved their alone moment together, this and the one in Issei's room last season

but it really intrigues me when they pull stunts like for no apparent reasons, other than going nuts with whatever ideas pop up in their heads :heh:

Chichiryuushintei
2015-06-21, 15:37
yeah, I feel you, bruh (can I call you that btw)

I don't hate this season with a passion like many LN readers :heh:. How, now that I went back and go see BoRN as a whole, it wasn't that terrible at all, and there are some really clever and interesting changes that I really enjoy

e.g. how Ravel's gift to Issei was a phial of Phoenix Tears; firstly, it is an expensive item (granted that came from her family, but still), secondly, it shows that she wishes for Issei's safety; now if the studio were truly smart, they would use this as a stepping point for Ravel to involve herself the story i.e. Issei thanking her and stuff
Others scenes may include the beach with Issei & Rias - I have always been loved their alone moment together, this and the one in Issei's room last season

but it really intrigues me when they pull stunts like for no apparent reasons, other than going nuts with whatever ideas pop up in their heads :heh:
Sure. :)

Yeah, That's pretty much my opinion, I'm not really pissed at it (except for EP 5 for reasons anyone who watched it knows and at the fact that ISHIBUMI lied about Chichigami. Seriously I trusted him. :() but more intrigued in why the changes were done. I'll wait until Ishibumi comes and explain all this, when (read it as "if") I know the reasons, then I may change my opinion. That beach scene was really great though, it makes me want that they just decided this was the last season and made Ise and Rias into an actual couple as a way to give some actual closure.

@MV5: Being in the 300s is something good, right?

caminhas
2015-06-21, 16:04
so no hero faction to awaken triaina? kinda... ugh just forget it. after all the tweaking they did, the least we deserve is a maou rangers and ise training in high society OVA.

Seafoam
2015-06-21, 16:19
so no hero faction to awaken triaina? kinda... ugh just forget it. after all the tweaking they did, the least we deserve is a maou rangers and ise training in high society OVA.

He didn't actually unlock Triana. It was just an asspull to foreshadow next season.

MV5
2015-06-21, 16:20
@MV5: Being in the 300s is something good, right?
A hell of a lot better than being in the 600-1000s area its been ranking these past few weeks.

caminhas
2015-06-21, 16:25
He didn't actually unlock Triana. It was just an asspull to foreshadow next season.

and that "forget everything that happened about ise calling rias by her name" was kinda anti-climatic, it's like the season was for not reason at all, aside for the JD. kinda sad we didn't see vali and ise teaming up and the rating game against sona, oh well.

ImperialFlameGod8190
2015-06-21, 16:28
The problem with this season wasnt really 5 and 6 (though there's some sour grapes about the ending of 6 IMO). The volume that got slammed into pieces was 7 which was the big volume to me.

The interesting thing for me is that the 4th season should be 9 and 10. the thing is that you can safely do vol 9 in 4 episodes without skipping much (though i personally want 1 scene from 9 that i'll be pissed if they skip) the problem is 10. Thats gonna need close to 7 episodes to do properly especially considering that the Sairoarg vs Issei battle overall including the 2 v 2 with Rias is 2 episodes minimum to do right. So the RG itself is 3 episodes and there's a lot of stuff in between that at least i think so.

Chichiryuushintei
2015-06-21, 16:33
Not really an asspull since Ajuka ajusted the EPs and it wasn't a proper transformation. There was no changes besides the canons on his back, IIRC the actual Triaina Bishop changes the armor design a bit and has a demonic power container on his back.

A hell of a lot better than being in the 600-1000s area its been ranking these past few weeks.

OK, thanks.

Biohazardous
2015-06-21, 16:37
How long would we have to wait for season 4 if they really will do one?

Chichiryuushintei
2015-06-21, 16:40

We'll have to wait more than a month to see how the first BD volume sells. That is, if they didn't announce anything in that event today. Though I doubt since such a huge announcement would've already have been mentioned here.

Seafoam
2015-06-21, 16:45
The event didn't announce anything at all. It was just the voice actors meeting the fans and a public screening of some episodes including episode 9. I can tell you now, the very earliest season 4 would be announced is with Dx2 later this year, similar to how they announced season 3 with volume 18.

GDB
2015-06-21, 16:55

In general, it's been about a year and a half between seasons.

caminhas
2015-06-21, 16:56
Not really an asspull since Ajuka ajusted the EPs and it wasn't a proper transformation. There was no changes besides the canons on his back, IIRC the actual Triaina Bishop changes the armor design a bit and has a demonic power container on his back.

well he needed at least a conversation with his sekiryuutei senpais, so i agree it was kinda of an asspull.

and well maybe they redesigned, after everything i have seen this season i wouldn't doubt it.

Chichiryuushintei
2015-06-21, 17:20
well he needed at least a conversation with his sekiryuutei senpais, so i agree it was kinda of an asspull.

and well maybe they redesigned, after everything i have seen this season i wouldn't doubt it.

But that's the thing, it wasn't complete, even Ddraig said it was something that had potential and not something he could just use at will. So he'll probably need the talk with the senpais to fully unlock that power.

@Obey Pyro: Yeah, I thought so.

MV5
2015-06-21, 17:30
The interesting thing for me is that the 4th season should be 9 and 10. the thing is that you can safely do vol 9 in 4 episodes without skipping much (though i personally want 1 scene from 9 that i'll be pissed if they skip) the problem is 10. Thats gonna need close to 7 episodes to do properly especially considering that the Sairoarg vs Issei battle overall including the 2 v 2 with Rias is 2 episodes minimum to do right. So the RG itself is 3 episodes and there's a lot of stuff in between that at least i think so.
There is a problem in your math, 7 episodes to do 10 would leave 5 episodes to do 9, makes up a total of 12 episodes. It could work out, since Vol.9 has a lot of action and all the exposition and SOL scenes happen early in the volume. Vol.10 is sorta similar, except the rating game lasted longer than the battle with the Hero faction.

Chichiryuushintei
2015-06-21, 17:33
There is a problem in your math, 7 episodes to do 10 would leave 5 episodes to do 9, makes up a total of 12 episodes. It could work out, since Vol.9 has a lot of action and all the exposition and SOL scenes happen early in the volume. Vol.10 is sorta similar, except the rating game lasted longer than the battle with the Hero faction.

If they use one episode in the Extra Life from v8 I think it can work out..

ImperialFlameGod8190
2015-06-21, 17:54

yea there was an issue either way 4 for 9 and 8 for 10 seems right but we shall see

Somethindarker
2015-06-21, 18:08
In general, it's been about a year and a half between seasons.

They'll probably announce another season in with the next novel release along with an OVA. Hopefully they sell well enough to make it viable I didn't like this season all that much and from the general consensus(my own translation of threads) on 2ch and niconico forums is that this has been the poorest received season, unless my translation software somehow confused the kanji for "amazing" with "shit" and "well done" with "trash", but still I want another season and hopefully they go back the way they adapted the first and second season.

I understand that these last 3 volumes have always been weird with the plot progression but these are the only ones, afterward Ishi really found his stride and it could work really well with s1&2's adaptation style.

DragoMuseveni
2015-06-22, 10:49
Ok , question . DxD animation was influenced by TNK other projects . Because the animation couldn`t have been so bad with the budget from S2 sellings

Seafoam
2015-06-22, 11:01
Blade Dance and Daimidaler fucked BorN over. TNK probably learned their lesson seeing as they have nothing else planned now.

Chichiryuushintei
2015-06-22, 11:04
Blade Dance and Daimidaler fucked BorN over. TNK probably learned their lesson seeing as they have nothing else planned now.

There's nothing to learn with that really. They wanted to try and see if they could make other successful series. Putting all your eggs in a single basket is not really smart.

Seafoam
2015-06-22, 11:08
There's nothing to learn with that really. They wanted to try and see if they could make other successful series. Putting all your eggs in a single basket is not really smart.

DxD is the only thing that saved TNK in the first place. The only other thing they're known for is School Days and... well you know. :heh:

Going exclusive for DxD would ideally be their smartest move but they won't anyways.

Chichiryuushintei
2015-06-22, 11:17
DxD is the only thing that saved TNK in the first place. The only other thing they're known for is School Days and... well you know. :heh:

Going exclusive for DxD would ideally be their smartest move but they won't anyways. Please don't mention that... thing. It makes me so angry I feel tired and depressed. :(

But DxD won't last forever. And the sales sure as hell wouldn't stay like that forever. Trying to find other sources of income is what any company should do, specially when they can go back to the gold mine in case they fail, which is what happened.

I'm not saying I liked the one year wait, but from their point of view, it was the safest choice.

@offtopic: Just checked Ishi's twitter, no mention whatsoever of the Finale events. Just that the ODS is/will be available on iTunes and that he was the one who made the new lyrics.
I'm seriously getting pissed at him now.

Oh, and there will be a Rossweisse doujin on Comiket 88. YAY! o/

B214
2015-06-22, 11:17

Going exclusive for DxD would ideally be their smartest move but they won't anyways.

Most probably not going to happen, there are rumors that TNK will be doing another anime next year. The last time there was a rumor of TNK doing another anime, they ended up doing 2.

Chichiryuushintei
2015-06-22, 11:24
Most probably not going to happen, there are rumors that TNK will be doing another anime next year. The last time there was a rumor of TNK doing another anime, they ended up doing 2.

Hmm, nice. Depending on the genre I might check it out.

ImperialFlameGod8190
2015-06-22, 12:22

Dude Blade Dance's first 3 volumes are terrible E.O.D But after that it gets extremely good they make another season i bet they could easily get 6 K out of it even as a 1-cour. The next few volumes are that good

Chichiryuushintei
2015-06-22, 12:38
Dude Blade Dance's first 3 volumes are terrible E.O.D But after that it gets extremely good they make another season i bet they could easily get 6 K out of it even as a 2-cour.

TNK making 2-cour would mean stick figures and Inferno Cop animation though.

ImperialFlameGod8190
2015-06-22, 17:00
TNK making 2-cour would mean stick figures and Inferno Cop animation though.

i meant 1-cour

MV5
2015-06-22, 17:32
Dude Blade Dance's first 3 volumes are terrible E.O.D But after that it gets extremely good they make another season i bet they could easily get 6 K out of it even as a 1-cour. The next few volumes are that good
Yeah, no. Considering Blade Dance barely sold above 1k, doubt they even think about making a season 2.

Chichiryuushintei
2015-06-22, 17:43
Yeah, no. Considering Blade Dance barely sold above 1k, doubt they even think about making a season 2.

Depends if it boosted the LN sales actually. Shingeki no Bahamut sold 2k but the game got a shitton of profit.

Parry999
2015-06-22, 17:49
Diodora the explorer and Xenovia saying friendship magic why funi why.

Chichiryuushintei
2015-06-22, 17:55
Diodora the explorer and Xenovia saying friendship magic why funi why.

Yeah it's not like she had 2 friendship speeches in volume 6 or anything. I understand hating the changes, cuts and original stuff, but complaining about characters acting like themselves? Wut?

Parry999
2015-06-22, 18:19
Yeah it's not like she had 2 friendship speeches in volume 6 or anything. I understand hating the changes, cuts and original stuff, but complaining about characters acting like themselves? Wut? I don't recall There being refernces to american and Canadian cartoons but the dub added them.

Chichiryuushintei
2015-06-22, 18:28
I don't recall There being refernces to american and Canadian cartoons but the dub added them.
... I thought you said TNK when you said funi. I'm dying with shame right now. :twitch:

reinastar
2015-06-22, 18:29
You want a hug Chichi Onii-Sama ^_^~

Chichiryuushintei
2015-06-22, 18:32
You want a hug Chichi Onii-Sama ^_^~

A bullet to my face would probably help more, but that's fine too. *hugs*

Archilla
2015-06-22, 18:36
... I thought you said TNK when you said funi. I'm dying with shame right now. :twitch:

In my experience with the dub, I think I've figured out what the issue is.

Jamie Marchi (who I assume still writes the script) thinks the show is in a similar vein to Panty and Stocking. Or rather, that the plot/action takes a serious back seat to crude humor.

Think about it. Add more swearing and dick jokes, and then have Rias sleep around and it's practically the same dub.

reinastar
2015-06-22, 18:37
Season 4 they must animated Jeane sama muwehehehe ^_^~

Chichiryuushintei
2015-06-22, 18:43
In my experience with the dub, I think I've figured out what the issue is.

Jamie Marchi (who I assume still writes the script) thinks the show is in a similar vein to Panty and Stocking. Or rather, that the plot/action takes a serious back seat to crude humor.

Think about it. Add more swearing and dick jokes, and then have Rias sleep around and it's practically the same dub.
This reminded me I need to finish that anime. The first 2 episodes were quite fun.

@reinastar: I wonder how she actually looks. Since Arthur looked different than I imagined with that braid on the side of his face. I always imagined her like Saber (Arthuria from Fate) but with an armor similar to that Knight from Rizer's peerage.

reinastar
2015-06-22, 18:49
I think Leonardo sama might look like a trap if he was animated what do you think Chichi Onii-Sama ?~

Parry999
2015-06-22, 18:49
Season 4 they must animated Jeane sama muwehehehe ^_^~ Hopfully there will be a season4 then Onee-sama.

Chichiryuushintei
2015-06-22, 18:51
I think Leonardo sama might look like a trap if he was animated what do you think Chichi Onii-Sama ?~

I imagined him like a younger Yukio. (The Fullbringer from Bleach who was always playing a PSP)

My imagination kind of sucks now that I think about it. :heh:

Seafoam
2015-06-22, 18:52
This reminded me I need to finish that anime. The first 2 episodes were quite fun.

@reinastar: I wonder how she actually looks. Since Arthur looked different than I imagined with that braid on the side of his face. I always imagined her like Saber (Arthuria from Fate) but with an armor similar to that Knight from Rizer's peerage.

I think she'll look like Aiz from Dungeon.

That aside I hope TNK doesn't decide to give Siegfried, Heracles and Leonardo horrible designs (looking at you Zephyrdor). I know Jeanne will look fine because when does TNK not like to make beautiful girls? But I'm worried they'll decide the others (not counting Cao Cao and Georg since they got illustrations already) are not important enough to warrant a good design. Although Shalba had one of the best designs this season and was only in 12 minutes of screentime.

reinastar
2015-06-22, 18:55
Parry Onee-Sama I hope they do :)~

For Heracle sama I think Onizuka fit him Chichi Onii-Sama~

Parry999
2015-06-22, 18:56

That aside I hope TNK doesn't decide to give Siegfried, Heracles and Leonardo horrible designs (looking at you Zephyrdor). I know Jeanne will look fine because when does TNK not like to make beautiful girls? But I'm worried they'll decide the others (not counting Cao Cao and Georg since they got illustrations already) are not important enough to warrant a good design. Although Shalba had one of the best designs this season and was only in 12 minutes of screentime. They could learn from Tetsuya Nomura whose boys are sexyier then his women at this point.

Seafoam
2015-06-22, 18:57
They could learn from Tetsuya Nomura whose boys are sexyier then his women at this point.

For better or worse. :heh:

Chichiryuushintei
2015-06-22, 19:02

That aside I hope TNK doesn't decide to give Siegfried, Heracles and Leonardo horrible designs (looking at you Zephyrdor). I know Jeanne will look fine because when does TNK not like to make beautiful girls? But I'm worried they'll decide the others (not counting Cao Cao and Georg since they got illustrations already) are not important enough to warrant a good design. Although Shalba had one of the best designs this season and was only in 12 minutes of screentime.

I wouldn't worry much. Normally the more important villains in DxD anime look either cool or just fine. Dohnaseek was kinda cool. Loki was... quirky. And Shalba looked so awesome I was kinda angry they didn't use that design in someone major like Shalba or Baldium. He has by far the best design when it comes to DxD villains. Maybe except for Rizevim. :heh:

Zephyrdol was just someone who was made to have his ass kicked by Sairaorg.

Parry999
2015-06-22, 19:06
For better or worse. :heh::D better specially in fanservices series like this. Whats with japanese culture adding elf ears to everything?

Chichiryuushintei
2015-06-22, 19:17
:D better specially in fanservices series like this. Whats with japanese culture adding elf ears to everything?
Yeah, gotta give the female fans some eye candy. :D And while they are at that, they should make Ise gain that muscle he should've gained this season. Damn fetish for skeletical MCs.:frustrated:

I'm more surprised with the amount of pseudo-incest out there. And Elf ears are kinda hot. :p

bluestahli1
2015-06-22, 21:02
Ise should learn to get biceps from the joestars :D

Archilla
2015-06-22, 21:06
Ise should learn to get biceps from the joestars :D

There was an immortal thread in r/whowouldwin that was a swole-off between the Joestars and the Z Warriors.

I think the consensus was that beefcake Roshi took it.

ImperialFlameGod8190
2015-06-22, 21:07
Im curious about Le Fay personally

Chichiryuushintei
2015-06-22, 21:14
Im curious about Le Fay personally

She needs a super cutesy voice that gives you diabetes just from thinking of it. <3 Because she's the most adorable girl in the series. <3

Ise is already ripped in the LN though, and he also should be around 1.75~1.80 considering he's taller than Kiba now, and that Kiba should also be taller than the official heights. (those were for S1 if I'm not mistaken)

Roshi was the best character in Dragon Ball. I hope he gets more screentime in Super. :(

ImperialFlameGod8190
2015-06-22, 21:24
She needs a super cutesy voice that gives you diabetes just from thinking of it. <3 Because she's the most adorable girl in the series. <3

Ise is already ripped in the LN though, and he also should be around 1.75~1.80 considering he's taller than Kiba now, and that Kiba should also be taller than the official heights. (those were for S1 if I'm not mistaken)

Roshi was the best character in Dragon Ball. I hope he gets more screentime in Super. :(

Well i'll leave the Dragon ball comment alone. Le Fay is one of those characters that u have a what should u get versus what you actually get deals. What you should get is arthur genderbent. But you get what you get and your just like wow.

The thing about S4 thats fascinating is mainly a matter of not what they include but what small things they cut. This is your territory Chichi so you should understand my thought process.

Vol 9 has a lot of stuff early on you can skip if you really want to which would be no fun for me because the church trio antics and Rossweise's battle with issei are funny.

Vol 10 there's very little they can cut and if im a betting man of the 12 episodes in a potential S4 at least 8 of them will make up vol 10 content.

Chichiryuushintei
2015-06-22, 21:37
Well i'll leave the Dragon ball comment alone. Le Fay is one of those characters that u have a what should u get versus what you actually get deals. What you should get is arthur genderbent. But you get what you get and your just like wow.

The thing about S4 thats fascinating is mainly a matter of not what they include but what small things they cut. This is your territory Chichi so you should understand my thought process.

Vol 9 has a lot of stuff early on you can skip if you really want to which would be no fun for me because the church trio antics and Rossweise's battle with issei are funny.

Vol 10 there's very little they can cut and if im a betting man of the 12 episodes in a potential S4 at least 8 of them will make up vol 10 content.
She acts nothing like Arthur though. Which is fine by me, characters that are too similar are kind of boring IMO.

If they do as they said and only do v9 and v10 I don't see much of a problem in dealing with those volumes. v10 is quite long, but v9 was short and quite fast paced. Most of those were focused on the fights too, so what seemed like a long battle narrated probably will translate as a bit shorter when animated. I'm not very good with this kind of comparison though, so take what I said with a handful of salt.

ImperialFlameGod8190
2015-06-22, 22:50
She acts nothing like Arthur though. Which is fine by me, characters that are too similar are kind of boring IMO.

If they do as they said and only do v9 and v10 I don't see much of a problem in dealing with those volumes. v10 is quite long, but v9 was short and quite fast paced. Most of those were focused on the fights too, so what seemed like a long battle narrated probably will translate as a bit shorter when animated. I'm not very good with this kind of comparison though, so take what I said with a handful of salt.

my point is as far as looks go Le Fay would look like a genderbent arthur. You dont expect a big breasted Loli- (speaking of i kinda want her to have the same VA as Yui from Trinity 7 (older version). Though IIRC Le Fay wont appear till vol 11.

OmegaWeaponZ
2015-06-22, 22:55

No, i don't think you are wrong. From the recent ln->anime anime and corresponding ln that I have been reading/watching recently, its indeed true(at least in my opinion), that more battle related chapters tend to pan out to fewer anime episodes. Even with your usual story heavy volumes, a good amount of it is dedicated to the author description to the current situation/character facials/ etc. that generally translate to short scenes in the anime(since the descriptive text is now displayed visually, thus concurrently with dialogues and such). Anyway, just my opinion, and heres hoping for a 24 episode season for s4 :D

Seafoam
2015-06-22, 22:59
my point is as far as looks go Le Fay would look like a genderbent arthur. You dont expect a big breasted Loli- (speaking of i kinda want her to have the same VA as Yui from Trinity 7 (older version). Though IIRC Le Fay wont appear till vol 11.

Le Fay shows up in Volume 9 with Gogmagog and runs off the Hero Faction in their first encounter with the ORC.

MV5
2015-06-22, 23:03

That's not taking into account that they add extended scenes in the BDs like they did in season 2. Though we won't really know till the first quarter of next year how they do the season.

Though IIRC Le Fay wont appear till vol 11.
Nope, she appears in Vol.9 along with Go-kun. A lot of characters make their debut next season.

ImperialFlameGod8190
2015-06-22, 23:19
Le Fay shows up in Volume 9 with Gogmagog and runs off the Hero Faction in their first encounter with the ORC.

yea i forgotten that. O well so le fay will appear. I kinda hope she has the same VA as Yui from Trinity seven since they're similar characters.

Seafoam
2015-06-22, 23:44
yea i forgotten that. O well so le fay will appear. I kinda hope she has the same VA as Yui from Trinity seven since they're similar characters.

That would be a pretty good fit. Although I think she'd have to slightly change her accent because Le Fay acts really polite and shy.

RightSaidFred
2015-06-23, 00:52
The problem with this season wasnt really 5 and 6 (though there's some sour grapes about the ending of 6 IMO). The volume that got slammed into pieces was 7 which was the big volume to me.

Based on what I have seen, I don't want there to be a season 4. No friggin' point. Unless they reset their relationship - there's no climatic scene where Isse declares his love for Rias. There's no introspection scene where he understands his fear. It's all meaningless. :frustrated:

It would be nice of animators could just animate the material and not twist the story. If you can't do it right - don't do it at all. Go ruin some other story.

Love the LNs. Never needed the anime. Anime was a bonus but given the craptacular job, best they stop. Don't ruin a good story. Can't wait for volume 20 , the excerpts are so good.....:D

Seafoam
2015-06-23, 00:57
Based on what I have seen, I don't want there to be a season 4. No friggin' point. Unless they reset their relationship - there's no climatic scene where Isse declares his love for Rias. There's no introspection scene where he understands his fear. It's all meaningless. :frustrated:

It would be nice of animators could just animate the material and not twist the story. If you can't do it right - don't do it at all. Go ruin some other story.

Love the LNs. Never needed the anime. Anime was a bonus but given the craptacular job, best they stop. Don't ruin a good story. Can't wait for volume 20 , the excerpts are so good.....:D

They retconned the final 3 episodes by making Issei and Rias lose their memory.

MV5
2015-06-23, 01:57

First of all, the animators don't twist the story as you put it, they only animate the scenes which are presented in the story. You are thinking of the director, story board committee and Ishibumi himself. Second, TNK needs to work, especially since DxD is their only success to date. These are the cons of working with a low tier studio, they are limited at what they can handle, so no two cours or extra episodes in a season. And everything was reset regarding Issei and Rias so there are no continuity errors moving on to season 4.

Archilla
2015-06-23, 08:04
First of all, the animators don't twist the story as you put it, they only animate the scenes which are presented in the story. You are thinking of the director, story board committee and Ishibumi himself. Second, TNK needs to work, especially since DxD is their only success to date. These are the cons of working with a low tier studio, they are limited at what they can handle, so no two cours or extra episodes in a season. And everything was reset regarding Issei and Rias so there are no continuity errors moving on to season 4.

Continuity wise, no. But the issues that are posed by that ending are character, development, and impactfullness based. I wrote some stuff up about it in the comparison thread.

I'm still 100% for season 4. I support Ishibumi in whatever I can.

MV5
2015-06-23, 19:12
Continuity wise, no. But the issues that are posed by that ending are character, development, and impactfullness based. I wrote some stuff up about it in the comparison thread.

I'm still 100% for season 4. I support Ishibumi in whatever I can.
I'll tell you right now, that the confession scene in episode 12, doesn't hold a candle to the confession scene in vol.10. Now it's clear Ishibumi/TNK made a mistake changing things they thought would add to the story, but that is how we learn. We've all made mistakes in our lives, makes us humans. Was this season enjoyable for me, yes. Could've it been better? That needs no answer. Just need to keep looking forward and be fortunate enough that DxD has endured this storm and is still going strong.

Archilla
2015-06-23, 19:17
I'll tell you right now, that the confession scene in episode 12, doesn't hold a candle to the confession scene in vol.10. Now it's clear Ishibumi/TNK made a mistake changing things they thought would add to the story, but that is how we learn. We've all made mistakes in our lives, makes us humans. Was this season enjoyable for me, yes. Could've it been better? That needs no answer. Just need to keep looking forward and be fortunate enough that DxD has endured this storm and is still going strong.

Oh I agree with you 100%, especially about V10. I'll always stick by my guns that the V10 climax is the most iconic moment the series has and probably ever will.

OmegaWeaponZ
2015-06-23, 20:10
Oh I agree with you 100%, especially about V10. I'll always stick by my guns that the V10 climax is the most iconic moment the series has and probably ever will.

More so than vol 12, when he makes his return, i think not. The whole of vol 12 for me was the best volume to date. We see just how really close everyone has become and the impact of an actual "loss" in the family. Not to mention Issei's BA arrival to the Underworld that was under siege and him "outsmarting" (though it would never be said about issei) the best technique type of his generation.

Chichiryuushintei
2015-06-23, 20:40
More so than vol 12, when he makes his return, i think not. The whole of vol 12 for me was the best volume to date. We see just how really close everyone has become and the impact of an actual "loss" in the family. Not to mention Issei's BA arrival to the Underworld that was under siege and him "outsmarting" (though it would never be said about issei) the best technique type of his generation.

That was half preparation half luck, and that's if I'm being generous with Ise.

Archilla
2015-06-23, 21:48

Eh, Volume 12 is great, but a few things put it FAR behind 10 in my mind:

-The weight is completely lost, since we all knew Issei was coming back.

-Issei gets zero character development besides creative use of a toy to beat a massively powerful foe.

-While sincere, everyone's reactions were predictable. Mope and more mope.

-The final battle with the Jabberwocky was like 12 seconds.

12 was great, but I think it's hard to hold it to 10. The rating game simultaneously has some of the best development and most badass stuff in the entire series. Issei doesn't even do much in 12. The show is completely stolen by Sairaorg in that Volume, imo.

Chichiryuushintei
2015-06-23, 21:59
I think his use of Holy Water + Cross + Gift against Rizer was far more inventive and praiseworthy. His use of the doll depended on Cao Cao throwing him in a toy store.

Why people always forget about Gasper's awesome moments? ;_; That was the moment he revealed his Alucard-ish powers. And Saji was pretty awesome too...

As a standalone volume, 12 wasn't that great, but coupled with 11 it's probably my favourite mini-arc after v10.

Archilla
2015-06-23, 22:03
I think his use of Holy Water + Cross + Gift against Rizer was far more inventive and praiseworthy. His use of the doll depended on Cao Cao throwing him in a toy store.

Why people always forget about Gasper's awesome moments? ;_; That was the moment he revealed his Alucard-ish powers. And Saji was pretty awesome too...

As a standalone volume, 12 wasn't that great, but coupled with 11 it's probably my favourite mini-arc after v10.

Gasper-wise, I love his moments. His "Rules of a Gremory Man" speech coupled with Xenovia telling their opponents they lost to him almost stole the whole Volume.

ImperialFlameGod8190
2015-06-24, 00:57
That was half preparation half luck, and that's if I'm being generous with Ise.

i wont be generous it was 10% prep 90% luck. As you said Raiser's was more clever because of the fact that it didnt require severe luck.

GrrDraxin
2015-06-24, 01:58
I know I'm a bit late on this, but while reading the few pages back, I found this little gem (https://bakalaureate.wordpress.com/2012/10/19/guest-post-anime-and-sales-analysis-by-yuyucow/). I never really new what "stalker points" meant, now I know.

DOmus
2015-06-24, 02:02
I know I'm a bit late on this, but while reading the few pages back, I found this little gem (https://bakalaureate.wordpress.com/2012/10/19/guest-post-anime-and-sales-analysis-by-yuyucow/). I never really new what "stalker points" meant, now I know.

Its a common thing that you learn while lurking /a/. Im waiting to see the latest thread about it to know how DxD and other series I follow are selling.

GrrDraxin
2015-06-24, 15:35
I don't really hang around 4ch much anymore. Not since I discovered the danbooru-esque boards to collect fappable images from, which is what I used to use 4ch for to begin with.

(also recently discovering the guy that did the illustrations and animation for Katawa Shoujo did some really good anime transformation videos of The Amazing World of Gumball. Just google manyakis to find his tumbler page. But it's NSFW, so do so with extreme caution. I kind of wish the guy liked DxD enough to animate a nice scene for our viewing pleasure.)

Chichiryuushintei
2015-07-07, 20:15
So, I just listened to the BorN OST, and is it just me or some of those soundtracks weren't used at all in the anime? Most of them are really great.

ImperialFlameGod8190
2015-07-09, 06:47
anybody else find it amusing that 4 days later outside of funimation nobody seems to have episode 10 dubbed uploaded

The 48th Ronin
2015-07-10, 07:16
Shouldn't this thread be closed already? :heh:

LowCholesterol
2015-07-10, 07:25
not really. we can discussing about this and that here

The 48th Ronin
2015-07-10, 07:27
But the thread title is already outdated. :heh:

Biohazardous
2015-07-10, 08:10
Season 3 confirmed (a mess) there not outdated. :D :heh:

Solace
2015-07-10, 12:20
Take it to the anime side of the forum. Thread closed.