PDA

View Full Version : High School DxD [LN/M] - Discussion about Other Topics

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43

LKK
2014-10-10, 07:52
The purpose of this thread is for questions and discussion for High School DxD [LN/M] related to Other Topics which don't have a specific thread. (Use the more appropriate thread if one exists!)

Given that this is a source material thread, you are expected to have some familiarity with the source material before participating, and therefore some spoilers are to be expected. However, if you will be discussing major plot points that could spoil plot events that people may not have read yet, please be considerate and use properly-labelled spoiler tags. Properly-labelled means that the label identifies what the reader should already know before opening the tag.

There are two ways to create properly-labelled spoiler tags, as shown below:

The easy way: By simply clicking on this spoiler.gif icon which can be found in the Quick Reply or Reply to Thread template.

or

The macho way: By using those uber vB codes (http://forums.animesuki.com/misc.php?do=bbcode#spoiler) as shown in the following...

Spoiler Tag ExampleDon't forget to use a title for the spoiler!...becomes...Don't forget to use a title for the spoiler!

Royalknightftw
2014-10-10, 09:17
So, since we can talk almost about anything in this thread. How is N0m0n-san doing anyway ?? Is he well? Haven't heard any news from him lately.

Poodicus
2014-10-10, 12:55
^

No Clue-

In other news, Issei should rename his house to the "Rising Sun", and should be for his pleasure only! :heh: I'm such a perv... and an oldie when it comes to music! :D

Gary29
2014-10-10, 14:25
So, since we can talk almost about anything in this thread. How is N0m0n-san doing anyway ?? Is he well? Haven't heard any news from him lately.

Considering he was on AnimeSuki yesterday, I think he's doing well.

In other, random news (since that's basically what this thread is about), I decided to begin a DxD fanfic about what would've happened had Ise joined the Hero-Faction :D Chapter 1 should be uploaded in maybe a week or so.

DragoMuseveni
2014-10-10, 14:45
Well n0m@n is working in his own peace so let him be. On another side i will really like to see your fanfic Gary .
Ah yes i forgot for those interested from december i will start translating highschool dxd in Romanian , i hope i will get accepted on bakatsuki romanian part as well . I hope is not in vain ....

Royalknightftw
2014-10-10, 15:12
In other news, Issei should rename his house to the "Rising Sun", and should be for his pleasure only! I'm such a perv... and an oldie when it comes to music!
Lol, there is still his familiar Ryuteimatu which can be used for the same thing only with mobility

Well n0m@n is working in his own peace so let him be. On another side i will really like to see your fanfic Gary .
Ah yes i forgot for those interested from december i will start translating highschool dxd in Romanian , i hope i will get accepted on bakatsuki romanian part as well . I hope is not in vain ....
Well, just wanted to know how he is doing. Anyway good luck with your translation project :)

In other, random news (since that's basically what this thread is about), I decided to begin a DxD fanfic about what would've happened had Ise joined the Hero-Faction Chapter 1 should be uploaded in maybe a week or so.

Looking forward to read it :)

DocBernax2814
2014-10-23, 20:17
Happy Halloween!!

Who of you guys is going trick o tread dressed as one of the DxD characters!?

reinastar
2014-11-02, 06:35
What do you think about on the creation of high school dxd what do you think is the inspiration on all characters and story of hs dxd ? Onii-sama and Onee-sama ? ~

For me sairaorg is similar to He-Man ^_^~

Chichiryuushintei
2014-11-02, 07:49
What do you think about on the creation of high school dxd what do you think is the inspiration on all characters and story of hs dxd ? Onii-sama and Onee-sama ? ~

For me sairaorg is similar to He-Man ^_^~
The first time I read Volume 5 he seemed to me as a mix of Rock Lee without the "Springtime of Youth" stuff and Naruto, except for the fact Sairaorg actually knows what he has to do to become a politician.

ImperialFlameGod8190
2014-11-02, 08:10
The first time I read Volume 5 he seemed to me as a mix of Rock Lee without the "Springtime of Youth" stuff and Naruto, except for the fact Sairaorg actually knows what he has to do to become a politician.

Sairaorg is Rock Lee absolutely with no Naruto at all. Physical power being his best trait no tricks no bullshit like everyone else just raw power. Plus the fact he was an outcast for reasons he couldnt really control. The fact he will fight any battle no matter how the obvious disadvantage is a lot like Rock Lee. I mean seriously the fact that he had a seriously nutty power like Regulus and didnt use it prove he wants to win with his strength only and not rely on magic power. if Issei didnt say so he wouldnt have used it.

reinastar
2014-11-02, 08:21
Azazel is jiraiya to Issei as very perveted naruto to a vali without emo sasuke vibe right Imp onii-sama ^_^~

LowCholesterol
2014-11-02, 08:38
Azazel is Nube for me

Chichiryuushintei
2014-11-02, 13:39
Azazel is jiraiya to Issei as very perveted naruto to a vali without emo sasuke vibe right Imp onii-sama ^_^~

Issei is nothing like Naruto, he doesn't care much about what other people think of him and the only reason he wants peace is so he can have a peaceful/ecchi lifestyle, he's a lot more selfish than NaruJesus '-' And Kiba is more of a Sasuke than Vali in my opinion, he was an avenger, while Vali is just a Battle Maniac who hates his grandpa.

@Imperial: I said he was a bit similar to Naruto because both of them wants to become the leader of their societies/countries/whatever. The major difference is that Sairaorg actually knows what to do in order to achieve that goal.

ImperialFlameGod8190
2014-11-02, 16:09

Azazel is not quite Jiraiya not perverted enough. Where he is like Jiraiya is that he helped both characters take a trait that was their trump card and turn it into an ultimate strength. Vali is actually a little closer to Sasuke in that his goal is absolutely everything to him and he'll do anything to achieve that goal.

Also NEVER call me Imp onii-sama again.

reinastar
2014-11-02, 20:16
Azazel is not quite Jiraiya not perverted enough. Where he is like Jiraiya is that he helped both characters take a trait that was their trump card and turn it into an ultimate strength. Vali is actually a little closer to Sasuke in that his goal is absolutely everything to him and he'll do anything to achieve that goal.

Also NEVER call me Imp onii-sama again.

Okay onii-sama what should I call you ? ~

How about the story what do you think is the inspiration for hs dxd creation don't tell me dragon ball ^_^~

G147
2014-11-02, 21:41

Imp Onee-sama, Imp Otou-sama, Imp Okaa-Sama, Imp Ojii-sama, Imp Obaa-sama, Imp Ojou-sama, etc. But it's best to just call him Imperial.

ImperialFlameGod8190
2014-11-02, 21:49

How about the story what do you think is the inspiration for hs dxd creation don't tell me dragon ball ^_^~

simply call me Imperial.

As odd as this sounds i dont really think there is a specific inspiration (anime wise) for DxD. The reason why is that DxD has the typical harem elements but thats pretty much where the comparisions end. Typical boring guy gets special powers that gives him access to a world he never knew existed. From there it changes. I've never seen a character who is perverted use perversion better then Issei and the things they come up with are about as original as they get.

What makes it truly fascinating is that every single one of the characters in DxD have extremely dark pasts that until you hear about them its actually more fascinating. The most fascinating thing is Akeno. She admitted as much that the reason she was scared to tell issei is because she's aware of how much fallen angels ruined his life and Asia's.

kusabireika
2014-11-02, 21:51
uhm for me I guess Imperial :blush:
http://eemoticons.net/Upload/Kanade Avatar/Kanade 023.jpg

uhm let change topic err uhm let's continue the deux ex machina discussion here if its ok this is what tread for for discussing offtopic yet still on topic on hs dxd :T_T:
http://eemoticons.net/Upload/Kanade Avatar/Kanade 039.jpg

for me I guess I have feeling of maria sama ga miteru and uhm one piece in hs dxd story :blush:

ImperialFlameGod8190
2014-11-02, 21:53
uhm for me I guess Imperial :blush:

uhm let change topic err uhm let's continue the deux ex machina discussion here if its ok this is what tread for for discussing offtopic yet still on topic on hs dxd :T_T:
http://eemoticons.net/Upload/Kanade Avatar/Kanade 039.jpg

hope you're well Kusa-chan well how about this as a topic for everybody.
Which is your favorite volume of DxD and which is your least favorite. O and a reason why they're your favorite or least favorite

kusabireika
2014-11-02, 21:59
hope you're well Kusa-chan well how about this as a topic for everybody.
Which is your favorite volume of DxD and which is your least favorite. O and a reason why they're your favorite or least favorite

I still can't work properly :T_T: I mean it's hurts even a single walk I hope it heal soon :T_T:
http://eemoticons.net/Upload/Kanade Avatar/Kanade 035.jpg

for me hard to choose but probably Vol. 11 and Vol. 12 1st half, because the reason why I like them is we can how strong is issei and the foundation being broken after issei's sudden death and how the group was devastated to the extreme in not fighting properly due to it ..... :T_T:
http://eemoticons.net/Upload/Kanade Avatar/Kanade 045.jpg

For the least favorite chapter I guess Volume 9 because there is no gasper :T_T:
http://eemoticons.net/Upload/Kanade Avatar/Kanade 048.jpg

Uhm how about you Imperial :blush: what is your favorite and least favorite volume :blush:
http://eemoticons.net/Upload/Kanade Avatar/Kanade 007.jpg

ImperialFlameGod8190
2014-11-02, 22:12
My least favorite honestly is 12 because it was the volume where the rest of the group could've proved that the ORC isnt just Issei and gang and really it proved that Issei was the entire gang (which we knew already).

My favorite might be 10 because it was a volume that really showed the growth of Issei more then anything else. Plus if nothing else i'd love to see the issei v Sairoarg fight because it was written as though it could be one of the great anime fights

kusabireika
2014-11-02, 22:19
I guess we are gonna wait it for animation :blush:
http://eemoticons.net/Upload/Kanade Avatar/Kanade 031.jpg

DocBernax2814
2014-11-06, 12:49
FINALLY!!!

The god of translations have spoken!!

Err...well, n0m had just posted in his blog, go check it out.

It turns out the guy has being playing a gundam game all this time, and doing school stuff.

That's the reason he hasn't released anything new.

He said he will come back on November 21 with an update, and a new chapter I hope.

Anyway that's the info.

Rokumonsen
2014-11-13, 04:01
This may sound weird but, will it be a good idea if Oppai Dragon gets a spinoff? I mean, a real one?

G147
2014-11-13, 05:51
Maybe if the anime reaches Volume 7, then we'll get a spin-off. Though i don't know how famous it will be among the fans. :heh:

GrrDraxin
2014-11-13, 07:27
Then they better make it good, based on what is shown of it in the LNs anyway.

Weather
2014-11-13, 10:02
Maybe if the anime reaches Volume 7, then we'll get a spin-off. Though i don't know how famous it will be among the fans. :heh:

I honestly Believe Volume 7 is the idea goal for the next season...

The whole Akeno past revealed/Chichigami crazy awesome boost/Saji powerup/Mjolnir Issei/Rossweisse.

Seems MUCH better than the material of Volume 6 for a season ending, not to mention Akeno popularity will likely rise to space if that gets animated.

jopjopjop
2014-11-13, 10:19
Really? Much better than Volume 6 as an ending to a season?!

Asia's death, Sirzechs fighting, Juggernaut Drive, Ophis, Great Red

Weather
2014-11-13, 10:24
Asia's death, Sirzechs fighting, Juggernaut Drive, Ophis, Great Red

A DxD season that doesn't end with Issei himself doing something crazy awesome? JD, simply doesn't scream end season. Seems more of a deadly upgrade.

Issei summoning Chichigami-sama to smack a god with Mjolnir just after Saji shows with new powerup to restrain said god? while Akeno and Baraquiel join forces and zap Loki? THAT would be a hyping season end.

Not to mention an hypothetical 4 season could go as vol 9-10 (the Issei/Sairaorg fight MUST be a season ending)

Gary29
2014-11-13, 10:37
Juggernaut Drive doesn't qualify as something crazy awesome?! He tore his opponent to shreds (literally), I think the spine-chilling "You... made the wrong choice." would be a perfect end to season 3.

Besides... if that's the case, we can have 7-9 as season 4, and end season 5 on volume 11 :D

Although we can't discount the idea of a 2-cour including volume 7...

G147
2014-11-13, 11:43
I don't think the anime will stop at Volume 11. If they decide to make Season 5 the last season for production then the anime will end prematurely. Worst of all, if TNK decides to save budget and does something like 2 half hour specials/OVAs to animate Volume 12, then it'll be quite a downer.

DragoMuseveni
2014-11-13, 12:19
i think that it will be a mistake from TNk if they will end a season with volume 11 . Because everyone will be down when ise is going to be killed , not everyone reads the light novels , so perhaps they will made a season with volume 11 and 12 .
Season 3: Volume 5-7
Volume 8 Extrachapter : OVA
Season 4 Volume 9-10
Season 5 Volume 11-12

Thats how i want to see the next seasons

jopjopjop
2014-11-13, 12:25
Do you really think you can cram 5, 6, and 7 in a 1-cour? Yes it is certainly possible but what about the quality? That's like shooting yourself in the foot.

Ruining a current season for future ones but not taking in the account that future seasons might not even happen because of what they did.

Direwolf18
2014-11-13, 13:34
I think doing volumes 5-7 in a single cour would be a huge God damn mistake. One that the developers of this anime do not seem inclined to make. This sticking with 2 volumes a cour is paying off quite nicely for them so far. This season will be 5-6, next 7 and 9. Now the real issue is volumes 10, what do we do with that because 11 and 12 have to go together. Do they make a 24 episode season and do 10-12 and pad it out with bits of 8? Or do they do the same thing except with 7 and 9. Personally I think that is the ideal solution and going on this shows success I am hoping they take the risk.

jopjopjop
2014-11-13, 13:47
I'd rather have them continue the 2 Volumes per cour trend until 10,11,12.

If we ever reach Season 5, then that means the anime DxD has pretty much established itself as one that sells, so it isn't improbable that they would invest more to have a 2-cour to accomodate 3 Volumes.

GrrDraxin
2014-11-13, 16:42
Juggernaut Drive doesn't qualify as something crazy awesome?! He tore his opponent to shreds (literally), I think the spine-chilling "You... made the wrong choice." would be a perfect end to season 3.

Yes, then after that line is said, cut to the ending credits. For the last few seconds of the video after the credits, we see the present ORC members looking on in total shock with crimson light lines shining, and the sounds of horrendous flesh chewing and Shalba's screams of pain and agony.

DragoMuseveni
2014-11-15, 11:17
Well lets change the subject . It seems like on n0m@n`s blog there is a war...
Also i finished volume 1 life 1

charasu
2014-11-15, 11:31
this guy huh.....http://i1286.photobucket.com/albums/a607/charasuu/trollxonion/TobeyMaguire_zps03e01a16.gif

Maurice Bartlett

well, i think that just a "bait"http://i1286.photobucket.com/albums/a607/charasuu/trollxonion/Seriously_zpsfd679913.gif?t=1364640370

LowCholesterol
2014-11-15, 17:46
Well lets change the subject . It seems like on n0m@n`s blog there is a war...
Also i finished volume 1 life 1

that person was funny. has no patience, blaming a game, talk about grammar (and make a mistake on it).

did his parent never teach him to be a patient person:frustrated:

well, my word couldn't do anything against it. could we do something for this?

DOmus
2014-11-15, 17:53
should we worry about that guy?, maybe all his idiocy will annoy code zero and who knows what bad things can happen with that

Gary29
2014-11-15, 18:05
I wouldn't worry about him too much. It's only 6 days until Zero-kun returns, and during that time we have 2 outcomes:

1.) Everyone keeps stating that he's wrong and telling Code-Zero to ignore him

2.) We have a bit of silence for the next 6 days.

Win/win really. :D

kusabireika
2014-11-15, 18:07
I just replied to them I'm bit >_< :heehee:
http://eemoticons.net/Upload/Kanade Avatar/Kanade 001.jpg

Direwolf18
2014-11-15, 19:56
::remembers almost failing classes in college because of World of Warcraft::

Yea who the hell am I to judge because an addictive game comes along. These things happen.

ImperialFlameGod8190
2014-11-16, 07:23
So my dear soldiers whose this whose making our leaders life hell please tell me

GrrDraxin
2014-11-16, 16:17
Just some douche on N0m@an's blog called Maurice Bartlett saying crap about broken promises and that n0m is wasting his time on a "stupid card game" when he could be translating. That kind of stuff. It's all in the comments on the update post telling why N0m's been absent.

Direwolf18
2014-11-16, 18:16
Bastard.

You want an unproductive use of time? Translating shit for people for free. People do this shit as a job. Doing it for free so that some leeches can read something that you already read? Who the::explitive deleted:: does that scum bag think he is.

Shit like this is why I'm happy when translators do a donation drive, I may not know a word of moon rune but I can write a check. Nothing made me happier then when I could help n0m@n get his new computer. I may have directly benefited but still I owed the man hours and hours of entertainment.

ImperialFlameGod8190
2014-11-17, 05:37
Well i have a feeling everyone is already bashing him so i wont get involved but from the sound of it i couldnt do a thing.

kusabireika
2014-11-18, 04:19
Well i have a feeling everyone is already bashing him so i wont get involved but from the sound of it i couldnt do a thing.

uhm that's we do right ^^? help our translator uhm if we found someone we gonna report to you imperial :blush:

ImperialFlameGod8190
2014-11-18, 06:25
you can simply bash him you dont need to inform me

Tbolt
2014-11-24, 20:09
Since Kiryuu has been a topic off and on for the whole story, we now know that Kiryuu knows about Devils and I am going to assume the ORC and since she seems pretty smart may have figured out by deduction the other Devils. With that in mind what do you think Kiryuu future will be like?

Rokumonsen
2014-11-24, 20:17
^ a bridge between humanity and the Alliance?

Tbolt
2014-11-26, 07:48
I was thinking more along the lines of will she be allowed to join the occult research club, or do you think she will become a reincarnated devil, and if that happens whose peerage will she be in.
And I think it would be funny if it was found out that she was in love with the Ise all this time.

ImperialFlameGod8190
2014-11-26, 08:47
I was thinking more along the lines of will she be allowed to join the occult research club, or do you think she will become a reincarnated devil, and if that happens whose peerage will she be in.
And I think it would be funny if it was found out that she was in love with the Ise all this time.

That would be one of the MOST utterly idiotic things that they could do for the love of all things unholy never utter these words again

Royalknightftw
2014-11-27, 14:27
Wow, DxD vol 19 is selling well. Around 5% higher than vol18 (in the first week), well DxD sell is always nice, 60k in less than a month.

Gary29
2014-11-27, 16:01
Really? I was thinking ~37k was less than usual, but I didn't remember how many days it was before v18's stats were recorded. Nice. Season 3 should boost sales a lot too :D

Biohazardous
2014-12-05, 14:21
Really? I was thinking ~37k was less than usual, but I didn't remember how many days it was before v18's stats were recorded. Nice. Season 3 should boost sales a lot too :D

Not should it will. :p It only gets better as we keep going. I think they should switch to 2-cour now not later. They will not be at a loss. The anime will sell well and boost light novel sales as well. Win - win. We get to see something we love animated and they make money. I'm sure I'm not alone in thinking I hope to see this animated while reading.

Gary29
2014-12-06, 17:49
Ishibumi updated his blog. Most important mention is that we're getting a Kuroka volume soon (but when is still undecided). :D

Direwolf18
2014-12-06, 18:11
Ishibumi updated his blog. Most important mention is that we're getting a Kuroka volume soon (but when is still undecided). :D

Oh.

My.

God.

saw2097
2014-12-06, 18:38

I knew it, I kept saying we would get a Kuroka volume and it IS HAPPENING.

Wait this means that Kuroka will become a official member of the harem!

Chris38
2014-12-07, 02:19
While the information about Kuroka getting a volume is definitely interesting, personally I wouldn't say that this means that Kuroka is certainly going to join Ise's harem.

Sure, the possibility of that happening, has definitely increased, but ... until we learn more about what are going to be the contents of 'Kuroka's volume', it's still only a possibility and it's definitely not a fact ... yet.

Since, after all ... the contents of Kuroka's volume can be simply about further developing Kuroka's relationship with Koneko - with Kuroka playing matchmaker to improve the relationship between Koneko and Ise - and finally dealing with the consequences of Kuroka's decision to kill her former master in order to protect Koneko - which is pretty much the only thing that I think can threaten Kuroka's (and Koneko's) current life and serve as the 'antagonist side' during the events of Kuroka's volume.

Direwolf18
2014-12-07, 06:46
The biggest issue Kuroka has is how she fits into a potential peerage. With her pieces being 2 bishops that has a direct conflict with Asia and Ravel, both of whome are bishops.

Unless they figure out how to remove Kuroka's and let Isse give her say a rook piece or two.

jopjopjop
2014-12-07, 07:07
The biggest issue Kuroka has is how she fits into a potential peerage. With her pieces being 2 bishops that has a direct conflict with Asia and Ravel, both of whome are bishops.

Unless they figure out how to remove Kuroka's and let Isse give her say a rook piece or two.

Harem =/= Peerage

B214
2014-12-07, 07:18
Kuroka doesn't even want to become anyone servant anymore, she prefers her current life with the Vali Team.

Direwolf18
2014-12-07, 08:22
Harem =/= Peerage

I realize but the inverse is true peerage = harem. And none of this BL yaoi bait crap.

Unless she is a peerage lock, she is not 100% guaranteed to be part of the harem. I think the likelyhood she is a harem girl, is very very high, but her not joining the harem isn't really my concern to be honest.

I have always had this, fear/vibe/whatever that if any of the girls were to die it would be Kuroka. I always felt that if any characters were to die at this point it would probably be Vali, Kiba, or her. If I knew she would join the peerage then I wouldn't be worried so much about a bad end for her. I'm more concerned about guaranteeing her survival then, which is what I equate a spot in the peerage to then anything else.

And no, I can't point to anything in particular that makes me feel this way, its just a feeling I have.

B214
2014-12-07, 08:34
Vali or Yuuto dying won't make much sense. Vali is still on the verge of unlocking more power. Yuuto still have much growth potential and we still don't know how it'll turn out with Tosuka. Kuroka, well i don't think Ishibumi will kill her since he intends to make a volume to expand Kuroka's character.

Direwolf18
2014-12-07, 09:39
Vali is the last heir of the original 4 great Mauos, him dying off would be the final break with the old days. I put him as the most likely to die, in a truly heroic way in the end, becoming a shining example for the underworld, the last of a great and mighty line.

Kiba is walking around with a sword that is frigging killing him slowly, Gram. He is trying to get Tsubaki Shinra to help prevent him from using, without much success. He has tragic character written all over him.

Chris38
2014-12-07, 09:58
Vali is Ise's rival and because of that ... I don't see him dying for the remaining length of the story ... since apart from him, there is pretty much no one else that can compete with Ise and actually manage to motivate him to keep rising his strength.

Kiba is a member of the Gremory team and I honestly can't see the author having the balls to actually kill any member of Rias's peerage - sure, they might be put into something similar as Ise's situation during volume 11 and 12, but I doubt it's going to go further then that.

Basically, I don't think that this a story where we will actually see any major characters being killed of for real... since ... after all, even Cao Cao has managed to stay alive, despite being struck by Samael's curse and what kind of killing technique can surpass something as deadly as that curse ? :uhoh:

saw2097
2014-12-07, 10:29
Well there is Azazel, he could theoretically be killed off, in fact he is the only character that is in any real danger of being killed off as he is the mentor figure, he has no real further development except as the guide.

But even then, that is unlikely.

Direwolf18
2014-12-07, 11:12
Basically, I don't think that this a story where we will actually see any major characters being killed of for real... since ... after all, even Cao Cao has managed to stay alive, despite being struck by Samael's curse and what kind of killing technique can surpass something as deadly as that curse ? :uhoh:

Vali would definitely not die until the very end of the series, absolutely no argument there, the him and Issei dynamic is far to central to the story.

I actually agree for the most part. This does not seem like the kind of author to kill of major characters, that being said it could happen. Take something like Naruto, how long did that go before a major character died, and yet it DID happen. I really do feel that someone important for the good guys is going to die at some point. I wouldn't bet large sums of money that Raiser is going to be alive past volume 20. Saw has a good point about Azazel, especially with all of his talk about Fallen Angels coming to an end with the current lot.

There has been two false alarms so far, Issei actually DID die by most definitions of the word, his body disintegrated. His soul was prevented from vanishing into the beyond because 3 of the most powerful dragons ever directly intervened, and the past users sacrificed themselves (or their memories/ghosts/whatever).

IF anyone does die I just laid out who I believe it could be. The fact that I even include Kurako in that list is what worries me.

Gary29
2014-12-07, 12:02
Technically Cao Cao did die, as he was sent to the Realm of the Dead. He also got his Longinus taken away from him; not sure if that would kill him seeing as it has a materialized form that can be taken away, but regardless.

If you pay attention to the situations between Kuroka and Ise in volumes 14 and 15, it's pretty obvious that she's falling for him. Her volume would most-definitely put her high up into the harem, and that basically means she gets more spotlight and Ise's protection by officially becoming part of the group (up until now she's pretty much been a freeloader).

Kuroka doesn't even want to become anyone servant anymore, she prefers her current life with the Vali Team.

Is that why she spends most of her time living at Ise's house and only goes to Vali when necessary? She's never expressed any interest or distaste in becoming a servant again. Especially if it were someone like Rias or Ise.

Royalknightftw
2014-12-07, 12:09
Hmmm, although this is not a series like AGK or GOT where every characters dies left and right, but i do agree that in some points there is a possibility that some protagonist characters in DxD could die, Azazel or Tannin are my best best ( although i really don't want them to die).

Weather
2014-12-07, 12:09
Is that why she spends most of her time living at Ise's house and only goes to Vali when necessary? She's never expressed any interest or distaste in becoming a servant again. Especially if it were someone like Rias or Ise.

I think it has more to do to being near Koneko than Issei. She IS helping with Koneko's training, and honestly, I can see her being a siscon like every older sister in this series.

ImperialFlameGod8190
2014-12-07, 14:21
I think it has more to do to being near Koneko than Issei. She IS helping with Koneko's training, and honestly, I can see her being a siscon like every older sister in this series.

i dont disagree plus remember she became bad to protect koneko so she cares a ton for her sister.

yuiichi9
2014-12-07, 18:08
I wish gabriel join the harem some day. It would be interesting to see how they develop their relatioship and how they would display their chemistry. What everyone thinks. I think Issei will one day surpass draig original power after all he have ophis power and the body made of a part of great red body.

Rokumonsen
2014-12-07, 18:11
Kuroka won't die anytime some. That is, until she give birth to either Ise's or Vali's child.

DOmus
2014-12-07, 18:29
Kuroka won't die anytime some. That is, until she give birth to either Ise's or Vali's child.

Vali kid??? lol, yeah buddy

DragoMuseveni
2014-12-07, 18:42

Kuroka was turned down by vali since volume 7 . Only f vali starts awakening powers through butts , kuroka will have a slight chance but , that chance is very little

Direwolf18
2014-12-07, 18:46
Vali blew his chance, she is definitely an Issei girl now.

Superbia
2014-12-07, 18:56
Kuroka was turned down by vali since volume 7 . Only f vali starts awakening powers through butts , kuroka will have a slight chance but , that chance is very little

Not that little since Vali said this recently.

ďHyoudou Issei. I came here after Azazel told me to, so can you show me a video which would make me sexually aroused?Ē

If Vali were to follow the next logical step, it would be to find a woman to try drawing out his arousal. And the first one he'd probably turn to is Kuroka, who is erotic, close with him, and has offered to do that in order to have his kid before.

Gary29
2014-12-07, 19:05
Sure, Vali could try that; but Kuroka would reject him. She's definitely an Ise girl now. Vali would have to turn to... actually, there isn't really anyone we can pair with Vali, is there?

Weather
2014-12-07, 19:07
Sure, Vali could try that; but Kuroka would reject him. She's definitely an Ise girl now. Vali would have to turn to... actually, there isn't really anyone we can pair with Vali, is there?

Mil-tan?

sunsengnim
2014-12-07, 21:57

Kiyome Abe's gorilla beast don't remember it's name?
I hear gorilla's have big butts so they'd be perfect together...

Also there's been a few cute moments between Kuroka and Issei already Ishibumi wouldn't waste time on that if Vali still had a shot.
He had his chance she's 110% an Issei girl now.

G147
2014-12-07, 22:22
Lets not jump to conclusion now shall we. We'll have our time to enjoy it when the Kuroka volume is released. :D

aw454wtr
2014-12-07, 22:26

Arthur? or Bikou?:heh:

reinastar
2014-12-07, 22:32
Arthur? or Bikou?:heh:

how about Fenrir aw454wtr onii sama ?~

aw454wtr
2014-12-08, 09:12
how about Fenrir aw454wtr onii sama ?~

Isn;t fenrir already married? he had children that were murdered by vali team and Ises team in vol 7

Poodicus
2014-12-08, 10:06
^

I don't think beasts can get married, even highly intelligent ones like Fenrir >.>

Other than that, yes, he had children, but again, I don't think it was consensual, as Loki (and this is from Norse mythology) turned a frost giant woman into another wolf to mate with Fenrir against her will, so... yeah...

Rokumonsen
2014-12-08, 18:54
Hell no. Fenrir's destined for Kunou's mother. :p

GrrDraxin
2014-12-09, 11:11
Hell no. Fenrir's destined for Kunou's mother. :pThat one's highly unlikely. Fen-chan doesn't even have a humanoid form, so rejected.

Direwolf18
2014-12-09, 18:19
That one's highly unlikely. Fen-chan doesn't even have a humanoid form, so rejected.

Beastality is gross mmmkay.

Seriously. Ewwww.

Gary29
2014-12-09, 19:53
Yasaka is going to stay single, since she gave her daughter to Ise.

By the way, further information from Ishibumi's blog. This is about the anime:

Apparently the staff at TNK were really hyped to work on the fight scene between Ise and Sairaorg for the PV. It's also stated to be only for the PV, so it most likely won't be a part of the Opening video.
Something about the development of Ise and Rias' relationship in the LN being less during this point, so they decided to add some stuff (this makes perfect sense with the idea of bringing up the volume 10 developments moreso and earlier). Looks like the serious atmosphere between Ise and Rias isn't just for show.
I think he mentioned that they would love to do a season 4 and 5 if the sales keep up and that he wants to see the battle against the Hero-Faction and the Rating Game against Sairaorg animated.

It's definitely a good sign if I read this right and they're this confident in the series. The sales most likely won't disappoint either, since the build-up to what season 3 will begin got 9-10k sales per BD volume.

xlghostpepperlx
2014-12-09, 21:44
I want all this series to get animated.... personal opinion.

ImperialFlameGod8190
2014-12-09, 21:54
I want all this series to get animated.... personal opinion.

Thats not a person opinion thats something almost universally agreed by everyone whose read every volume

reinastar
2014-12-09, 21:59
I want also have funny hs dxd theatre like akame ga kill and madan ou vanadis ~

DOmus
2014-12-09, 22:03
Any idea if the upcoming volume will be out in a BD limited edition???

Weather
2014-12-09, 22:14

Apparently the staff at TNK were really hyped to work on the fight scene between Ise and Sairaorg for the PV. It's also stated to be only for the PV, so it most likely won't be a part of the Opening video.
Something about the development of Ise and Rias' relationship in the LN being less during this point, so they decided to add some stuff (this makes perfect sense with the idea of bringing up the volume 10 developments moreso and earlier). Looks like the serious atmosphere between Ise and Rias isn't just for show.
I think he mentioned that they would love to do a season 4 and 5 if the sales keep up and that he wants to see the battle against the Hero-Faction and the Rating Game against Sairaorg animated.

It's definitely a good sign if I read this right and they're this confident in the series. The sales most likely won't disappoint either, since the build-up to what season 3 will begin got 9-10k sales per BD volume.

This... is some really good news

Chris38
2014-12-10, 00:43

Thanks Gary for the info :)

So, I guess that we are going to have some focus on Rias's and Ise's relationship as well, in this season ... that's good, provided they won't go too far with it - although, so far TNK has done a good job in keeping the stuff they add / change consistent with the LN events, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that they will manage to do that in the case of developing Rias's and Ise's relationship as well.

And more anime seasons is definitely a good things, since after all ... there is quite a lot of future LN events that I would like to see animated :p

jopjopjop
2014-12-10, 00:53
What I'm waiting is for Ishibumi to update his list.

He said in his 2nd latest entry, I think, that he's going to update it soon. Probably 2-3 days from now since the latest SlashDog chapter will be released today.

Gonna read that chapter (last chapter was just Vali whooping Tobio's ass and Jin getting angry because of it. :heh:)

I Was Just Drifting
2014-12-10, 01:34
Any idea if the upcoming volume will be out in a BD limited edition???

Ishibumi's tweets would suggest the OVA does have a limited edition. You'd have to look up his account for details.

Quick tidibits.

Irina's in the upcoming OVA. They're really taking advantage of her added time in the last New episodes, not that I mind that at all. I mean seriously, no Irina pinups and Gasper's got one?!

ある廃墟に魔物を追いつめたグレモリー眷族。そこには大量の女性下着が山となっていた。意外に強力な魔物に 苦戦するイッセーたちを助けたのは、協会から命 を受けた紫藤イリナだった。TV未放送、待望の書き下ろしエピソード「おっぱい、包みます!(仮)」を収録 したBlu-ray付き限定版!

【商品仕様】
■描き下ろし別カバー付き「ハイスクールD◊D DX.1」
■オリジナルBlu-rayアニメ1話収録(TV未放送)
■トールケース(ブルーレイを収納するケース)収納

One more thing. The line in DXD Born's key visual reads, "I want to protect that person," the exact line that opened Volume 2, when Issei thwarted Raiser's marriage to Rias.

jopjopjop
2014-12-10, 01:53
Where did you find that info about the OVA?

B214
2014-12-10, 02:21
Ishibumi's tweets would suggest the OVA does have a limited edition. You'd have to look up his account for details.

Quick tidibits.

Irina's in the upcoming OVA. They're really taking advantage of her added time in the last New episodes, not that I mind that at all. I mean seriously, no Irina pinups and Gasper's got one?!

ある廃墟に魔物を追いつめたグレモリー眷族。そこには大量の女性下着が山となっていた。意外に強力な魔物に 苦戦するイッセーたちを助けたのは、協会から命 を受けた紫藤イリナだった。TV未放送、待望の書き下ろしエピソード「おっぱい、包みます!(仮)」を収録 したBlu-ray付き限定版!

【商品仕様】
■描き下ろし別カバー付き「ハイスクールD◊D DX.1」
■オリジナルBlu-rayアニメ1話収録(TV未放送)
■トールケース(ブルーレイを収納するケース)収納

One more thing. The line in DXD Born's key visual reads, "I want to protect that person," the exact line that opened Volume 2, when Issei thwarted Raiser's marriage to Rias.

The summary of the OVA sounds interesting. Lucky thing Fafnir hasn't appeared yet. :heh:

KingWiz_
2014-12-10, 07:49

Sir, I'd like to shake your hand for deciphering that line. Thank You =]

demino_hellsin
2014-12-21, 19:37
There is confirmed to be no king piece right? Does that mean kings are that powerful even without the modification of evil pieces?

DOmus
2014-12-21, 19:42
There is confirmed to be no king piece right? Does that mean kings are that powerful even without the modification of evil pieces?

king is a title to put it simple, beign a king let u be the master of your EP

jopjopjop
2014-12-21, 21:32

For a Devil to have a peerage, they either have to be powerful enough to become a High-class Devil through advancements in the Rating Game or if they're born as a High-class Devil.

Reincarnated Devil -> High-class = ~a Devil with power.
Real Devil -> High-class = Hit or miss.

demino_hellsin
2014-12-22, 00:30
But i's assumed that all kings are the most powerful in their group right? Ofcourse non-withstanding Issei in Rias' group. Boosted Gear is a cheat and all. For every other peerage it has always been the King who is the strongest individually despite having no boosts from the EP system?

Poodicus
2014-12-22, 00:49
^

Not necessarily. Remember, there are rogue devils in the story, some of which that have killed their masters (i.e. the King).

Kuroka is the perfect example of this. Is a wanted criminal in the Underworld not because she's a Nekomata or something lame like that, but rather, she killed her former master for a specific reason.

kusabireika
2014-12-22, 05:29
I have a feeling that the slain master relative will come and fight the team dxd especially kuroka and her little sister koneko ._.

Gary29
2014-12-22, 10:36
But i's assumed that all kings are the most powerful in their group right? Ofcourse non-withstanding Issei in Rias' group. Boosted Gear is a cheat and all. For every other peerage it has always been the King who is the strongest individually despite having no boosts from the EP system?

It's never stated that that's usually the case. Saji is most likely more powerful than Sona.

Royalknightftw
2014-12-22, 12:01
The king only has more authority over his/her servants (EPs), and that does not necessarily mean that the king will be stronger.
Just because someone else is stronger than their king does not make them able to disobey their king's orders, those who disobey their master could end up being a stray devil and they will be hunted for the rest of their life.

GrrDraxin
2014-12-22, 12:40
If there ever were peerage free-for-all rating games (rating games turned inward) with each individual against all others, even from the same peerage, that would reveal many things about one's comrades potential, and how well each person in a peerage can hold out on their own.

Tbolt
2014-12-24, 13:00
happy holidays everyone.

DragoMuseveni
2014-12-24, 16:22
Merry Christmas and happy new year for all of you .

LowCholesterol
2014-12-24, 23:42
Merry Christmas, i love you all

btw, lately i've thinking about Leonardo from hero faction ancestor, is he a descendant from Leonardo Da Vinci?. his longinus also require strong imagination to create a strong monster (great imagination to make a great art)

and also how could Ise use his Bilingual and dress break to Jeanne after he revived (the Evil Pieces hasn't buried in him). that technique need demonic power, but at that time Ise was a humanoid dragon

GrrDraxin
2014-12-25, 01:12
Merry Christmas, i love you all

btw, lately i've thinking about Leonardo from hero faction ancestor, is he a descendant from Leonardo Da Vinci?. his longinus also require strong imagination to create a strong monster (great imagination to make a great art)

and also how could Ise use his Bilingual and dress break to Jeanne after he revived (the Evil Pieces hasn't buried in him). that technique need demonic power, but at that time Ise was a humanoid dragon

1. For those who celebrate; merry x-mas, for those that don't; a good day/night to you.

2. Leonardo Da Vinci was no hero by typical standards, but anything is possible.

3. Ise probably used his dragon/sacred gear powers to substitute for his devil powers. Probably looked all the same to him as he's been using all of them almost since the start of his reincarnated life.

4. what anime is that scene from in your avatar, pansusis?

LowCholesterol
2014-12-25, 01:26
yeah GgrDraxin, thanks for the answer

2. yeah. i also guess it was coincidence, and you're right. Leonardo Da Vinci was amazing but he can't be called as a "hero"
3. that was the most possible, i hope this isn't ishibumi mistake when write the novel
4. my avatar? it's from Golden Boy ep.6

Gary29
2014-12-26, 11:54
Referring to the lack of demonic power pre-EPs in volume 12;

That was actually discussed on the wikia a while back. He had also used Dragon Shot on the Jabberwocky earlier as well. One explanation for this comes from a quote from volume 5, when Ise first attained his complete Balance Breaker;

A mountain!? An entire mountain vanished!? I didn’t even fire it with particularly doubled power!?
[It’s the type of attack that fires the collected power from your whole aura through your hands. Since the amount you can store is still little, you can’t fire it consecutively, though.]

The Balance Breaker armor stores demonic power in it. That's probably the most logical explanation unless we get details in the future on the new abilities of Ise's body of one of them being able to use dragon power just like demonic power (and referencing those two v12 incidents back to it). Ishibumi wouldn't just leave a plothole like that, it'll just take a while to discover the truth (keep in mind the reason Ise was able to "freeze" Shalba's leg in JD was only discovered 10 volumes later).

ImperialFlameGod8190
2014-12-26, 12:05
^
I cant disagree with that. Think of Sacred Gears kinda like Zanpakto's. When they're activated they're in shikai and in Balance breaker they're bankai. They store the power of its owner and BB is a stronger version of the power. Dragon Shot is not a power from the EP its a power from the SG.
I think issei's base power is dragon based because of the SG the evil pieces just give him a better way to control it.

Tbolt
2015-01-01, 00:13
Happy new year everone!!!!!!!!!!

kikix
2015-01-01, 20:02
For all we know, Issei may have been a devil even post-mortem (his second). I don't recall it being said that the pawn pieces are what give him his demonic powers. Just that they were used to reincarnate him into a devil and that they give him further boosts (or rather...the ability to get other boosts from changing into other "pieces").

The reincarnation may have embedded demonic power into his soul which he never lost.

What I recall is that unlike magic, demonic power uses the imagination. Since the consciense appears to be connected to the soul (Issei regained consciousness and ability to think as an armor-possessing soul), it may very well be that.

Chris38
2015-01-02, 02:36
For all we know, Issei may have been a devil even post-mortem (his second). I don't recall it being said that the pawn pieces are what give him his demonic powers. Just that they were used to reincarnate him into a devil and that they give him further boosts (or rather...the ability to get other boosts from changing into other "pieces").

The reincarnation may have embedded demonic power into his soul which he never lost.

What I recall is that unlike magic, demonic power uses the imagination. Since the consciense appears to be connected to the soul (Issei regained consciousness and ability to think as an armor-possessing soul), it may very well be that.

No, in volume 12 it has been stated that without the Evil Pieces - after Ise's second revival occurred,his body is like the body of a humanoid dragon ... so he definitely isn't a Devil without his Evil Pieces.

[Volume 12, chapter 0]:
[Appearance, shape, and certain parts are the same as that of a human. You can continue your life normally like before. But since the evil-pieces are missing from your body, you can say that you are a humanoid Dragon. Even though there was help from Ophis, you received your flesh from Great Red. You can say that you are a small True-Dragon.]

Although, despite that quote, Ise's body might still posses some demonic power, since it has been stated in the same volume that Ise used demonic powers during his fight with Jabberwocky.

[Volume 12, chapter 1]:
I released my demonic-power which I have increased to the utmost level towards the fireball! I then made a command just before the dragon-shot and the fire-ball were about to collide!

So a part of you're theory might be correct, since despite not being a Devil ... Ise was still capable of using demonic powers in a fight.

aw454wtr
2015-01-02, 04:56
I would think that prior to vol 11 end, even if the evil pieces were removed from Ise body he would remain a devil as I think the evil pieces transformed his body biology from human to devil.

But in vol 12 Ddraig pulled his soul out of his body and placed it into the new body made by Ophis and great red, this new body never had evil pieces placed into it, thats why when ise revived he was no longer a devil

Superbia
2015-01-02, 12:02
No, in volume 12 it has been stated that without the Evil Pieces - after Ise's second revival occurred,his body is like the body of a humanoid dragon ... so he definitely isn't a Devil without his Evil Pieces.

[Volume 12, chapter 0]:

Although, despite that quote, Ise's body might still posses some demonic power, since it has been stated in the same volume that Ise used demonic powers during his fight with Jabberwocky.

[Volume 12, chapter 1]:

So a part of you're theory might be correct, since despite not being a Devil ... Ise was still capable of using demonic powers in a fight.

He might have still had some of his demonic powers because he was still connected to his evil pieces. Ajuka mentioned that he syncronized with them to a degree even he didn't expect. If Issei is capable of doing something like sending Ascalon from his body to his evil pieces, it could be that he could do the reverse and sent demonic power from his evil pieces to his body.

It doesn't lessen the confustion that Issei said this.

[Itís trying to release light from its eyes!]

Ddraig shouts. So itís a beam huh! I twitched my body and dodged the light! Iím a Devil so light is my weaknessÖ. Wait, right now itís a bit confusing, whether Iím a Devil or not.

He couldn't tell if he was still a devil or not, and it's his body.

ImperialFlameGod8190
2015-01-02, 13:59
^ U mention something interesting about Ascalon. The fact that he could send ascalon to Kiba even in the limbo-esque state he was in tells us something interesting. It tells us that issei's body was dead but the energy was alive so what GR and Ophis did was gather that energy together and create a dragonic body to contain it. What happened afterwards is that issei kept his demonic energy that he originally had and simply has to unlock the dragonic energy later on

kikix
2015-01-02, 14:55
So a part of you're theory might be correct, since despite not being a Devil ... Ise was still capable of using demonic powers in a fight.I meant his soul, not body. Of course, his newly-made body was made as a dragon, not a devil. But if we'll assume the reincarnation affects the soul itself in addition to the body (which is clearly something that exists in DXD world from volume 12 itself as well), his soul may never have stopped being that of a devil. That could be the source of demonic power, hence why he wouldn't lose that power.

Returning the pieces seems to me as reincarnating the new body again...though I quite wonder. There may be logical issues with that, really.

Issei could use his dragon-transformed hand against Riser by being able to hold a cross with it. If his body after death was transformed into a dragon (hence he would no longer have devilish weaknesses)...what happens to his resistances?! Since the reincarnation (again) affect his dragon body from the beginning, is he no longer able to ignore cross even when using dragonificated hand? Does it only affect the full-human form?! If yes, why?! Because his dragon nature is still passed onto him from his boosted gear which was not reincarnated with him?!

I don't recall a situation where this would be brought up. A mistake on this could also be "explained" (more like, covered up) by the author saying that the heaven made him an "exception" in their system, alongside Asia and Xenovia, but this would give rise to the question...why?! It's not like he cares about the religion so it would be purely combat-oriented advantage.

Superbia
2015-01-02, 16:25
Issei could use his dragon-transformed hand against Riser by being able to hold a cross with it. If his body after death was transformed into a dragon (hence he would no longer have devilish weaknesses)...what happens to his resistances?! Since the reincarnation (again) affect his dragon body from the beginning, is he no longer able to ignore cross even when using dragonificated hand? Does it only affect the full-human form?! If yes, why?! Because his dragon nature is still passed onto him from his boosted gear which was not reincarnated with him?!

His normal form is basically a part devil and part humanoid dragon hybrid, with maybe some human in there depending on the exact details of his resurrection, which means it is vulnerable to light and dragon slayer, though probably not as badly as it would for pure devils or dragons.

But when he uses dragonification his arm goes to more like 99% dragon and 1% devil because of the dense dragon aura, meaning it loses most of it's devil weakness.

Gary29
2015-01-02, 16:40
His normal form is basically a part devil and part humanoid dragon hybrid, with maybe some human in there depending on the exact details of his resurrection, which means it is vulnerable to light and dragon slayer, though probably not as badly as it would for pure devils or dragons.

Actually, Ddraig stated that because he now has a body made by Great Red and Ophis, in addition to his Boosted Gear, his Dragon-slayer weakness has increased:

[Well that is true…… The demerit is like I said before, you lost many abilities because you no longer have the evil-pieces within you that were the source of your abilities. Also the danger of dragon-slayers has greatly increased since you have gained the powers of Great-Red and Ophis.]
…..Those two demerits are certainly bad. Well, for the evil-pieces I can ask Rias for them again, but it's also very frightening to learn that the damage I'll receive from dragon-slayers has increased as well.

The way I see it, he's a humanoid Dragon reincarnated into a Devil (stated by Azazel in v14 iirc). The damage from dragon-slayers has increased due to his new body being that of a Dragon, and in full-human form he has the same weaknesses that all other Devils do. However, when he Dragonifies a part of his body, that part loses its weakness to light. If he were to go full-on Dragon mode he'd most likely take light-based attacks neutrally. Dragon-slayer damage is the same whether his body is Dragonified or not.

kikix
2015-01-02, 19:19
That's what I wonder about. Is there some mention about that in the story?! About his dragonified body being less susceptible to light and holy items?!

In the past (with Raiser) his dragon hand was placed on top of devil. This time it was the other way around. His devil was put on top of his dragon body. It's his dragon body that could have been turned into a devil. Basically how Tannin is. Unless you believe that dragons reincarnated into devils do not gain the devil weaknesses at all (I don't believe there was a mention about that in the book), the only explanation on how Issei could become immune is related to his sacred gear.

Is his dragonification his ability or is it replacing his body with Ddraig' body (remember that that's how he gained the original dragon arm...he gave it to Ddraig, with more such trades eventually being said to give up his life to Ddraig himself, if I recall). If that's the case, how could he dragonify his arms when Ddragi was asleep?

Depending on how priorities are stacked, there may be various outcomes. For example let's assume the piramid scheme.

Dragon
Angel/Devil
Humans/Werewolves/Yokai etc.

With the above, dragon would never get weaknesses of anything else even if somehow reincarnation would be possible. If the part below have a weakness (for example, a Yokai that is weak to light) and would be reincarnated into something above that is not weak to it (like reincarnating into an angel or dragon), then the weakness is lost.

This scheme is doubtful though. There's a lot of work to be done. Then there are also problems with some reincarnations, weaknesses and the like.

Then there is a timeline based priority.

Human > Angel Reincarnation > Devil Reincarnation.

In this form a human that would reincarnate into an angel and then reincarnate into a devil would be just a devil. Clearly this is not the case since Issei have devils and dragons traits for certain.

Then there is the addition bonus where changes are added in layer with all of them applying where possible.

Human + Devil + Dragon = Humanoid Devil Dragon
Human + Dragon + Devil = Humanoid Dragon Devil

The order is important since where the two additions clash (like with weakness and resistance) then the latter one is applied. Since it's clear that dragons have immunity to holy/unholly symbols (bah, humans have as well) and are neutral to light and demonic power, their immunity and neutral status respectively could be considered on top if they are last in order, but could be superseeded if they are earlier.
This is probably how it is now. Despite being dragonified, Issei remained a humanoid (from his human form at the time). He also always was weak to both dragon-slaying and holy abilities, combining the weaknesses from both (since devils don't have particular resistances against dragon-slayer weapons since they never even applied to them) But this suggests that his current devil form applied the weakness on top of his dragon body. Shapechanging doesn't change that at all, while that's all that dragonification is now. It's different from earlier since it's the actual body of Issei...which was reincarnated into a devil again.

Either there is a higher priority to dragons (there is not, holy verses and churches still affect Issei and he is no longer a human at all, just dragon/devil in the shape of a human), there is a special case with dragonification (doubtful, unless an exception made for Issei) or his dragonification is an ability made possible by boosted gear (at which point it should have been canceled by Rizevim, unless sacred gear canceler is not absolute and doesn't apply to passive changes like that).
It's possible that it's just story-telling, really. Nothing stops the author from just saying that "it's like that, deal with it" and there's nothing wrong in that. But I'm a bit screwed on the RPG's side, so I like rules which can be universally applied...hence this topic.

Gary29
2015-01-02, 19:39
I'm not sure where the confusion is. Dragons only have a singular weakness of dragon-slayers; everything else is neutral. Ise, being a Dragon reincarnated into a Devil, has the weaknesses of a Dragon applied first, and the weaknesses of a Devil added onto it. Dragonification as a technique is separate from Ddraig turning Ise's arm into that of a Dragon; it's an ability displayed thus far by only two Dragons, that being Ise and Crom Cruach. An ability that basically belongs to humanoid Dragons (I'd assume Ophis might be able to do this also, but who knows - that would explain how Ise got the ability).

When Ise was a human-reincarnated-Devil and had his arm transformed into that of a Dragon, he was able to wield holy items with that arm because Dragons aren't weak to it. The same thing applies now; when he uses Dragonification, that part of his body should take a neutral hit to holy attacks (meaning, theoretically, when Ise masters a fighting style like Crom Cruach (with similar speed), he would be able to defeat Cao Cao without needing his Boosted Gear).

jopjopjop
2015-01-02, 20:31
There's a difference between Issei's sacrificed arm with his dragonfied arm.

When Issei sacrificed his arm to Ddraig, that arm turned entirely into a Dragon's. That's why he wasn't affected by the holy items.

Let's say if an arm is n% of a body, Issei's body at that time is (100-n)% Devil, n% Dragon.

When Issei dragonifies himself or a part of him, that part still carries the weakness of a Devil as what he only did is just to transform his body. Issei whether he dragonifies or not is both a Devil and a Dragon at the same time and their weaknesses are always present.

Issei's current body perks are closest to that of Tannin's as both are reincarnated Devils that came were Dragons before.

kikix
2015-01-02, 21:10
Yes, that's what I meant jopjopjop. Against Riser, Issei had his devil arm replaced with that of a dragon. Now he's just changing his dragon/devil body in shape. He doesn't change body.

Also, Gary29. I think you are mistaken. It's not necessarily that dragonification is a technique that gives dragons that look like humans the body of a dragon. It's just that some dragons are able to change their shape. There is no reason to believe that Crom Cruach looks like a human in his natural form. He may just use it because it's more convenient and he have gotten used to it after a long while in it.

Tannin can change his size at the very least. Crom Cruach is almost sure to be able to do that as well. His wings are far larger than you would expect them to be, and so are his other limbs when he wants them to. Issei on the other hand have no larger size since he was "made" as human-sized. This suggests that all of these abilities are just a single, standard shapeshifting ability of a dragon. Shapeshifting. Not body-changing. Unless there is something in the book that I don't know of (or can't remember) or there will be added in the future, there is no reason to believe that Issei changing the shape of his body loses weaknesses. After all, he is always a dragon/devil mix now, unlike when it was not his arm in the past.

Also, Ophis is pretty much guaranteed to have this ability seeing as it was clearly stated that Ophis is able to change her shape entirely at will. This is why it's possible that all dragons have limited sort of shapeshifting ability. Issei and Crom Cruach just have the ability to change between human and a dragon form (a "true" dragon for Crom Cruach and a winged lizardman for Issei, probably). Great Red could fuse with Issei, which is an ability thematically similar to this (though it was possible probably only thanks to the fact that Issei was made from his flesh).

Superbia
2015-01-02, 22:09
Yes, that's what I meant jopjopjop. Against Riser, Issei had his devil arm replaced with that of a dragon. Now he's just changing his dragon/devil body in shape. He doesn't change body.

It isn't just changing the shape, though you're right it isn't changing the body either. It's the effect of concentrating a large amount of dragon aura into a part of his body causing it to be more dragonic than demonic, like how Akeno will get more fallen angel wings after she strengthens her fallen angel blood. It's why even after his fight with Raiser, his arm would turn back to normal after the built up aura is dispersed. That dragon aura is why he could resist weaker holy items, like how Vali's strong devil power is why he could resist Samael's dragon slaying poison to a certain degree, despite being a dragon.

Rokumonsen
2015-01-02, 22:11
Hey guys, a little OT. Where can I read the Slash/Dog novel?

jopjopjop
2015-01-02, 22:14
^ Here. (fujimishobo.co.jp/beyond/lineup/slash.php)

If you want a quick summary of the stuffs included there, check the link in my signature. Browse through the OP and the comments. :)

Royalknightftw
2015-01-03, 10:34
I believe it has not yet been mentioned that once Issei is in Dragonification mode then he would be immune to holy based attack, i guess we could assume that he is still weak at holy items even though in dragonification mode, as explained by Jop and Kikix. Or perhaps the dragonification could serve as a way only to add the resistance against holy-based attacks but not necessarily makes it immune of the holy powers attack (just like Regulus armor offering resistance against missile attacks but not immunity)

Gary29
2015-01-03, 12:21
I'd still say that a dragonified body part provides a greater resistance to light-based attacks than a Devil would have in human form. The weakness won't just magically disappear, but you won't take nearly as much damage as you would usually. As for if Ise has a larger form or not when fully dragonified, who knows? It hasn't been discussed so far. It's not like he knows all the abilities of his new body yet. But I realized the main thing I was confusing it with was the Dragon wings. Just like CC's dragon wings (and Rizevim's Devil wings), you can block attacks you'd normally take far greater damage from with those.

Back to an earlier topic, though, about the EPs: perhaps Ajuka will reveal some of the other secrets about them that'll explain it. One thing's for sure, once Ise unlocks the hidden power of his body, we'll probably get an explanation of the v12 events around the same time.

Biohazardous
2015-01-03, 17:45
I'd still say that a dragonified body part provides a greater resistance to light-based attacks than a Devil would have in human form. The weakness won't just magically disappear, but you won't take nearly as much damage as you would usually. As for if Ise has a larger form or not when fully dragonified, who knows? It hasn't been discussed so far. It's not like he knows all the abilities of his new body yet. But I realized the main thing I was confusing it with was the Dragon wings. Just like CC's dragon wings (and Rizevim's Devil wings), you can block attacks you'd normally take far greater damage from with those.

Back to an earlier topic, though, about the EPs: perhaps Ajuka will reveal some of the other secrets about them that'll explain it. One thing's for sure, once Ise unlocks the hidden power of his body, we'll probably get an explanation of the v12 events around the same time.

I'd love to see if any more of his pieces will mutate.

Chris38
2015-01-04, 00:46
I believe that the rest of Ise's Evil Pieces will mutate, after he awakens the dormant powers of Great Red and Ophis, which - considering the strength that those two beings posses - are definitely containing the potential to rise Ise's 'piece value'.

B214
2015-01-04, 02:47
Or Ise just develops a subspecies BB, the subspecies BB also gets a power-up like Triana and CCQ.

Royalknightftw
2015-01-04, 03:10
Dragonification, Hidden power of BG and DG, The yet unknown power from Ophis and GR, more improvised CCQ and Subspesies BB on top of it. Wow, Issei is really gonna be on par with those in God-class someday.

GrrDraxin
2015-01-04, 11:15
Yes, Ise will become the ultimate pawn, and if his overall value for all his pieces is summed, he'll have a value waaaayyyy more than any one reincarnate devil. As it is, just having his 4 mutation pieces gives him a high value as it is, but if he mutates the rest to represent any other high value pieces he could be missing, or double up on a couple of them, he would be the most highly valued reincarnate devil in history. He was probably already like that from the beginning just with his 8 pawns, but it will be more so with the mutate pieces from the remaining half.

But I do wonder if his influence could force the mutation of other peoples' pieces as well...?

kikix
2015-01-04, 12:11
Queen is worth nine pawns so no...Issei had a value smaller than any queen out there. If we're talking about the worth in pieces used.

If we're talking about pieces at the time, Issei have the highest value since one of his pieces mutated. Since a mutated piece can reincarnate anyone (except god) regardless of their strength, there is no reason whatsoever for someone with a mutated piece to use more than one piece. As a result Issei have currently four pawns + 4Xinfinite worth...effectively.

That is...if a mutation piece is considered having a higher value due to their traits.

If we'll consider the worst case scenario, Issei have a value of 44 pawns. Assuming that a mutation piece have a value of 10 (which is the highest possible value by using two Rooks) to show that a mutation piece can only reincarnate a devil if any other combination of pieces could (as in, a mutation piece still cannot reincarnate someone that would be too much for the King in question altogether). This is not possible to reach by anyone except another monster that mutates their pieces post-use, having at least 5 pieces (mutated) or the same setup as Issei.

If the "equal trade" is in place for mutation pieces (as in, a mutation piece can be traded only for another mutation piece of the same type) then Issei is untradeable. Rias is stuck with him for the rest of her life, keh. Not that she'd have any interest in trading him anyway (lest a reason).

If you talk about Issei' value as in his strength (not his pieces)...well, it's no surprise to say that he was worthless at the beginning and is the best "piece" among the youth peerage members...and probably the low (maybe up to mid)-end professional rating games. He still have a long way to the high-end pieces like Tannin or the sort.

GundamFan
2015-01-04, 15:29
Queen is worth nine pawns so no...Issei had a value smaller than any queen out there. If we're talking about the worth in pieces used.

If we're talking about pieces at the time, Issei have the highest value since one of his pieces mutated. Since a mutated piece can reincarnate anyone (except god) regardless of their strength, there is no reason whatsoever for someone with a mutated piece to use more than one piece. As a result Issei have currently four pawns + 4Xinfinite worth...effectively.

That is...if a mutation piece is considered having a higher value due to their traits.

Well first Ise doesn't have 1 mutation piece he has 4 each with a different value so not all mutation pieces are worth the same even if there the same type of piece and therefore wouldn't guarantee a reincarnation to someone below god level. Seems the only thing consistent with mutation pieces is they're stronger then the regular pieces.

This is where they talk about Ise mutation pieces. Volume 12 life 2 part 2

“Out of the eight, four of the evil pieces have turned into [mutation pieces]. Though there are different values on each of them…. This is indeed interesting. The Triaina and Crimson armour must represent these. The combination power of Heavenly-Dragon and evil-pieces, the harmony spec surpasses that which one can imagine. It was worth checking him back then. The phenomenon earlier was indeed interesting. …..Is his will directly reflecting on the evil-pieces?”

If the "equal trade" is in place for mutation pieces (as in, a mutation piece can be traded only for another mutation piece of the same type) then Issei is untradeable. Rias is stuck with him for the rest of her life, keh. Not that she'd have any interest in trading him anyway (lest a reason).

Yeah the rating games don't seem to value mutations any different for the purpose of the game in the Dice game against team Baal Ise was treated as an 8 and Grasper as a 3. And the "equal trade" is in place so that every is playing same basic set of pieces although of course I'm sure you'd have to offer something extra if your trying to get a mutation piece probably be something like money or a favorable arraigned marriage.

Also I think people are overestimating what are dragon godlet Ise got from Ophis and Great Red when they made his new body. Ophis is both a true shapeshifter and had alot of her power sucked out of her at the time point is probably not alot of power went into her part of making Ise new body and we know it only took a tiny part of Great Red flesh.

kikix
2015-01-04, 17:34
Well first Ise doesn't have 1 mutation piece he has 4 each with a different value(...)I know he doesn't have one. But since he have eight pawn pieces, it was enough for only one of them to mutate for his pieces value to exceed 10 making him have the highest known value (it is the only devil whose piece mutated, as far as I know).

I did include all four in the calculations of actual value below.

(...)so not all mutation pieces are worth the same even if there the same type of piece and therefore wouldn't guarantee a reincarnation to someone below god level.Well, Issei is the only person in which case mutation pieces value was mentioned (but not by number). All the information other than that is just saying that a mutation piece allows to use a single piece to reincarnate someone the person otherwise would need multiple pieces for. Hence each mutation piece is worth at least 10 (the second calculation I did).

GundamFan
2015-01-04, 22:43
I know he doesn't have one. But since he have eight pawn pieces, it was enough for only one of them to mutate for his pieces value to exceed 10 making him have the highest known value (it is the only devil whose piece mutated, as far as I know).

The only other one I'm aware of specifically is Grasper Bishop piece but they did state there is a 1 out 10 chance of you getting one so they're rare but common if that most have probably seen some of them in rating games.

I did include all four in the calculations of actual value below.

Well, Issei is the only person in which case mutation pieces value was mentioned (but not by number). All the information other than that is just saying that a mutation piece allows to use a single piece to reincarnate someone the person otherwise would need multiple pieces for. Hence each mutation piece is worth at least 10 (the second calculation I did).

Actually the information we have on them is there stronger then the normal pieces and there value varies and it can occur in Queen, Rook, Knight, Bishop, or Pawn so for example a Bishop worth 5 or Queen worth 12 would both be possible based off what's been established in the book same thing with Ise pawn pieces all we really have established is there value changed and they're each different one piece could 2 and another 200 for all we know.

kikix
2015-01-05, 05:31
The only other one I'm aware of specifically is Grasper Bishop piece(...)You misunderstood me. Issei is the only one whose piece mutated, as in...it was not a mutation piece when it was used but became one after being used.

Rias used a mutation piece she got already mutated on Gasper. That's nothing special. If Rias had a free mutation piece when she reincarnated Issei then she would use that instead. Why would someone use more than one piece to revive a person when they don't need to?! Hence no one else will have both a mutation piece and a normal one, unless the author will add another person with a piece that mutated after it was used (like Saji, for example, as his pieces mutating is...possible).

(...) for example a Bishop worth 5 or Queen worth 12 would both be possible based off what's been established in the book(...)I quite doubt that you will find a mutation pawn that can't reincarnate someone revivable by the king...No matter where I look, I don't recall seeing anything that would suggest that mutation piece may be unable to revive someone that could be revived with a queen piece or two rooks. That means their value is at least 10 (two rooks worth).

(...)same thing with Ise pawn pieces all we really have established is there value changed and they're each different one piece could 2 and another 200 for all we know.I'm not sure why bother writing this? I already said that, considering the above part being true, that Issei have a pieces value of at least 44. That means that it can be higher depending on their individual value (and is actually, going by what Beelzebub said), but it cannot be lower.

jopjopjop
2015-01-05, 05:55
With all the talks about values of pieces all I can think of is, I don't mean any disrespect but, what's the point?

The only time a value of a piece holds importance that has been shown is for the Dice Figure game and even with that the values are set: 1-12 for King, 9 for Queen, etc. Whether it is a mutation piece or not holds no value.

kikix
2015-01-05, 06:11
Technically speaking, there's no point in nearly all sorts of discussions about the light novel. The story is fictional and everything other than what was directly written "didn't happen".

This sort of thing is discussed for the same reason as "will Kiryuu join Issei' harem?" and the like. For fun, curiosity, to satiate the persons interest in the story or for the same of more advanced "world-building" that's not possible within the scope of the novel itself.
Your post shows exactly that. When does these values matter?! That's a good question, isn't it?! If the pieces have values and Belzeebub mentioned specifically that each mutation piece in Issei have different values...isn't it suggesting that they matter, but it in something we were not made aware of yet?!

Gary29
2015-01-05, 08:10
If the pieces have values and Belzeebub mentioned specifically that each mutation piece in Issei have different values...isn't it suggesting that they matter, but it in something we were not made aware of yet?!

I have a feeling the primary reason the values of Ise's mutation pieces was mentioned is to tie into the connection to Triana and CCQ (Knight, Rook, Bishop, Queen). I can't see another reason for it, but this is DxD so it's very well possible.

ImperialFlameGod8190
2015-01-05, 09:07
I have a feeling the primary reason the values of Ise's mutation pieces was mentioned is to tie into the connection to Triana and CCQ (Knight, Rook, Bishop, Queen). I can't see another reason for it, but this is DxD so it's very well possible.

There's a specific reason that the value of the mutations pieces matter and its less a matter of issei and more a matter of Rias and a very unpleasant reality.
When one is originally reincarnated their strength is based on the EP that they consume its why Saji was so high and mighty about issei. The pawns trait in particular is significant because of the promotion ability. One of the things about all this thats lost in the struggle is on a technical basis Issei was never killed by Samael's poison because if he was killed Ddraig wouldve moved onto a new host body as he did when the other hosts died. Lets say issei is killed. For somebody to reincarnate him would require a heavy heavy level of power to do so.

Gary29
2015-01-05, 09:18
I'm not sure what you're getting at by saying that, sorry. :heh: But I doubt that if Ise did die he could be reincarnated again; after all, he'd be sent to the Realm of the Dead. And he wouldn't have a body to use to return like what Cao Cao did. Even so, his body might just reject any pieces that aren't Rias', as Ajuka said his EPs are tied to him very closely.

ImperialFlameGod8190
2015-01-05, 09:54
I'm not sure what you're getting at by saying that, sorry. :heh: But I doubt that if Ise did die he could be reincarnated again; after all, he'd be sent to the Realm of the Dead. And he wouldn't have a body to use to return like what Cao Cao did. Even so, his body might just reject any pieces that aren't Rias', as Ajuka said his EPs are tied to him very closely.

Thats fine what im trying to say is that the significance of the peices power is about the ability of the King and that it would take a really powerful king to deal with issei's mutation peices after all most only have 1 but Thanks to Trinnia he has 4. Trianna itself is also an advanced upgrade to the pawns idea of promotion connected with the boosted Gear.

As for the body thing Gary remember that Issei's original body was destroyed by Samael's poison which is why he has his current dragonic body and the new body accepted the EP from before. (Granted that might be more about the boosted gear then anything else). If he loses the boosted gear the convo changes completely.

Biohazardous
2015-01-05, 19:23
I believe that the rest of Ise's Evil Pieces will mutate, after he awakens the dormant powers of Great Red and Ophis, which - considering the strength that those two beings posses - are definitely containing the potential to rise Ise's 'piece value'.

I too think he will mutate the rest of his pieces.

If he could be reincarnated again he would accept her brother's piece. He would have to trade someone to get a piece to use thought. I'm sure he would be more than willing if its for his sister or Ise.

Yes, Ise will become the ultimate pawn, and if his overall value for all his pieces is summed, he'll have a value waaaayyyy more than any one reincarnate devil. As it is, just having his 4 mutation pieces gives him a high value as it is, but if he mutates the rest to represent any other high value pieces he could be missing, or double up on a couple of them, he would be the most highly valued reincarnate devil in history. He was probably already like that from the beginning just with his 8 pawns, but it will be more so with the mutate pieces from the remaining half.

But I do wonder if his influence could force the mutation of other peoples' pieces as well...?

He is definitely going to be the ultimate pawn. I think his influence to mutate his pieces is a matter of when not if.

Thats fine what im trying to say is that the significance of the peices power is about the ability of the King and that it would take a really powerful king to deal with issei's mutation peices after all most only have 1 but Thanks to Trinnia he has 4. Trianna itself is also an advanced upgrade to the pawns idea of promotion connected with the boosted Gear.

As for the body thing Gary remember that Issei's original body was destroyed by Samael's poison which is why he has his current dragonic body and the new body accepted the EP from before. (Granted that might be more about the boosted gear then anything else). If he loses the boosted gear the convo changes completely.

Her brother is probably strong enough to do it after a trade for a piece. I wouldn't be surprised to hear that Ise losing his boosted gear is a lot harder than normal. I'll use Ddraig helping to save Ise as the reason. Even with all Ise has done to him I don't think Ddraig would like another host until Ise has lived a full life.

GundamFan
2015-01-05, 19:37
You misunderstood me. Issei is the only one whose piece mutated, as in...it was not a mutation piece when it was used but became one after being used.

Rias used a mutation piece she got already mutated on Gasper. That's nothing special. If Rias had a free mutation piece when she reincarnated Issei then she would use that instead. Why would someone use more than one piece to revive a person when they don't need to?! Hence no one else will have both a mutation piece and a normal one, unless the author will add another person with a piece that mutated after it was used (like Saji, for example, as his pieces mutating is...possible).

I quite doubt that you will find a mutation pawn that can't reincarnate someone revivable by the king...No matter where I look, I don't recall seeing anything that would suggest that mutation piece may be unable to revive someone that could be revived with a queen piece or two rooks. That means their value is at least 10 (two rooks worth).

I did misunderstand but the is thing your making a very very big assumption we've only been told mutation pieces have a higher piece value then there normal counter parts not that every mutation piece necessarily has a value above queen.

I'm not sure why bother writing this? I already said that, considering the above part being true, that Issei have a pieces value of at least 44. That means that it can be higher depending on their individual value (and is actually, going by what Beelzebub said), but it cannot be lower.

It's possible he does have a value above 44 it's also possible his piece value is below.

kikix
2015-01-06, 08:47
Ddraig already did stick to Issei during two "deaths". This suggests that him passing onto another user is not necessarily instant (whether or not he said that) or that there is a way to slow the process down.

Also, it appears that Sacred Gears are tied only to the soul, having nothing to do with the body. Chances are that the passing takes place when the soul reaches the realm of the dead (hence why it was important for Sakra to take True Longinus away from Cao Cao before sending him to Hades, otherwise the spear would just move to a new host) or maybe even when something happens to it afterwards (like reincarnation, for example).

Ddraig did stick to Issei when he was just a soul, in fact protecting his soul (by activating the scale male). He also is the one that first pulled the soul out of body, hence why I believe that "death" have nothing to do with the body in-world.
There's a problem with the evil pieces though. Issei "died" (his body was desintegrated nearly completely), but his pieces still were connected to him. But on the other hand Beelzebub said that they could have problems tunning to an artificial body, which suggests they are body-related. Either they have connection to both or there is an inconsistency.

We don't know what happens with the soul that was first reincarnated after it "dies" again. It may be unfit for reincarnation. Maybe it needs to be "cleansed" (to remove added effects...like the past reincarnation or Sacred Gear). A person most likely cannot have both the new and old pieces connected to them, so the point at which they are disconnected matters here. It may be too late for using new ones at that point as that possibly may happen only in the land of the dead.

One thing is sure though. Self-revival is possible (as Cao Cao proved) so technically Issei could come back to life...if not for the fact that without Boosted Gear and devil powers he would be extremely weak...He'd need someone innately capable like Cao Cao or an outside interference (like Sirzechs coming to help him) in order for the soul to escape.

Biohazardous
2015-01-06, 22:28
Ddraig already did stick to Issei during two "deaths". This suggests that him passing onto another user is not necessarily instant (whether or not he said that) or that there is a way to slow the process down.

Also, it appears that Sacred Gears are tied only to the soul, having nothing to do with the body. Chances are that the passing takes place when the soul reaches the realm of the dead (hence why it was important for Sakra to take True Longinus away from Cao Cao before sending him to Hades, otherwise the spear would just move to a new host) or maybe even when something happens to it afterwards (like reincarnation, for example).

Ddraig did stick to Issei when he was just a soul, in fact protecting his soul (by activating the scale male). He also is the one that first pulled the soul out of body, hence why I believe that "death" have nothing to do with the body in-world.
There's a problem with the evil pieces though. Issei "died" (his body was desintegrated nearly completely), but his pieces still were connected to him. But on the other hand Beelzebub said that they could have problems tunning to an artificial body, which suggests they are body-related. Either they have connection to both or there is an inconsistency.

We don't know what happens with the soul that was first reincarnated after it "dies" again. It may be unfit for reincarnation. Maybe it needs to be "cleansed" (to remove added effects...like the past reincarnation or Sacred Gear). A person most likely cannot have both the new and old pieces connected to them, so the point at which they are disconnected matters here. It may be too late for using new ones at that point as that possibly may happen only in the land of the dead.

One thing is sure though. Self-revival is possible (as Cao Cao proved) so technically Issei could come back to life...if not for the fact that without Boosted Gear and devil powers he would be extremely weak...He'd need someone innately capable like Cao Cao or an outside interference (like Sirzechs coming to help him) in order for the soul to escape.

Defeat him in a way that leaves him knowing the girls will be killed next or severely abused. Ise will come back on his own. Much like he wouldn't stay down fighting Riser.

Gary29
2015-01-07, 08:25
Defeat him in a way that leaves him knowing the girls will be killed next or severely abused. Ise will come back on his own. Much like he wouldn't stay down fighting Riser.

Have Diehauser Belial threaten Ravel again and watch Ise kill him :heh:

Biohazardous
2015-01-08, 09:50
Have Diehauser Belial threaten Ravel again and watch Ise kill him :heh:

A threat to any of the girls around him will have him opening a case of whoop arse on them. You come out better calling him a punk and saying you will kill him. Though that is only slightly better. He will not let himself to be defeated especially in front of the girls.

ImperialFlameGod8190
2015-01-08, 12:14
A threat to any of the girls around him will have him opening a case of whoop arse on them. You come out better calling him a punk and saying you will kill him. Though that is only slightly better. He will not let himself to be defeated especially in front of the girls.

i think u guys overestimate Issei quite a bit he's had some vicious opponents but the champ will come at him not just by himself but with a team of behemoths that cannot be underestimated Issei is powerful but the champ will tell his minions force him to use up as much power as he can and then he will struggle and most importantly for issei they're likely to be men

kikix
2015-01-08, 12:25
In the end, this is a story. The villains repeatedly make the same mistakes for the sake of the story. That's the only way to portray a story where the protagonist constantly grows stronger to match more and more difficult foes. Otherwise he'd be wiped off the face of the earth at the very first moment he'd become antagonistic towards the antagonists...and prove to have the ability to interfere with their plans.

Issei is interferring with the terrorists from the very beginning (when he fought Vali) very clearly. He'd be dead many times over if real-life logic would be used.

Biohazardous
2015-01-08, 22:57
In the end, this is a story. The villains repeatedly make the same mistakes for the sake of the story. That's the only way to portray a story where the protagonist constantly grows stronger to match more and more difficult foes. Otherwise he'd be wiped off the face of the earth at the very first moment he'd become antagonistic towards the antagonists...and prove to have the ability to interfere with their plans.

Issei is interferring with the terrorists from the very beginning (when he fought Vali) very clearly. He'd be dead many times over if real-life logic would be used.

Of course that's how we know he will make sure to win lol. At least we do get to see him always training. He isn't like yea I'm a bad mofo and slacks off. He is always working his butt off probably more than any of us would train.

Chris38
2015-01-10, 02:14
From the volume 18 thread:

Like I said, it can be done without changing the rating of the novel. Don't tell me you have not encountered it in other stories.

It can be implied without going to the specifics to keep it clean my man. Letting people's imagination to decide whether they did it or not is a very strong allure for a lot of fans.

Yeah, that's definitely possible ... but so far the author and / or the editor's don't seem to want to go in that direction. :(

So, it might be possible that even an implied 'sex scene' might have been denied to us, due to the details of the contract between the author and the LN publisher. :uhoh:

DragonKing0117
2015-01-10, 02:56
^^ Now that just sucks.

GrrDraxin
2015-01-10, 11:11
I think many people are having a hard time differentiating certain aspects of the DxD harem setting in Kunou and others' cases. The thing I'd like to add that pertains to this is the following:

Induction into a relationship or harem

vs.

Betrothal into a relationship or harem

When taken at face value these two terms have very different meanings, even though they both imply a similar end result, the only difference is in what time frame the result happens. If we sort the female cast under these two categories, we see there is a reason for where they ended up, both by common sense and story driven elements as to why they are where they are. Some of the reasons being out of the control of the characters, story editor interlopers mainly.

So let me give my perspective on this; but don't expect a full list as I am pulling this from memory.

Rias
Akeno
Asia
Xenovia
Irina

vs.

Koneko
Ravel
Kuroka
Kunou
Abe

I can't recall anyone else having an implied betrothal either by official or unofficial means. I also include those that had an interest in having a relationship with Ise, but gave up. They had the interest, and that is what counts.

Of course Kunou is too young, as most of the Gremory group is likely twice her age, but active participation doesn't need to happen now. Thinking upon this further, this whole thing could be happening in preparation for Koneko to pass the "token loli" torch on to someone else just in time for her big growth spurt in height and oppai size. Which we could see within the next couple of volumes, that isn't related to Shirone Mode.

On the subject of "easy" I agree with the statements that the girls are not easy, but dedicate their sexual energy toward Ise, and no one else. While that may make them look easy to us, this point would be driven home real good if somebody else were to try and hit on them. Whatever fool tried that would be gracefully turned down at first, then beaten down if they tried to be aggressive about hitting on the girls, likely by said girl who was the target (except Asia, but the others would assist instead).

While we can point to examples of any given fault in any of the characters, we can say that they all have at least developed an integrity that is reasonable to most of our sensibilities, and shown the reasons for the decisions they made. We've also been shown that Devil (and Underworld) society is different than human society in it's mores and values, as this was explicitly stated in the earlier volumes and short stories.

That's the beauty of DxD. We get to peek into a society that is different to our own, and that is not guided by the same values as ours is. Contrarianism is the bread & butter of story telling in many ways for many works. Everything from Lolita by that Nabokov guy, to the Lovecraft horror of the Cthulhu mythos. These exist solely BECAUSE they go against our social norms, and depict things that grate against our sensibilities. Echii stories do this for the same reasons, likely because they're about guilty pleasures, things and situations happening that we ourselves cannot engage in because it's "not right" in our social lives.

Taboos we seek, but cannot obtain, and why many look at those who have those things we do not with eyes of condescension, because of envy. And "envy" is the root as to why many social taboos are considered taboo to begin with.

DragonKing0117
2015-01-10, 11:32
I think many people are having a hard time differentiating certain aspects of the DxD harem setting in Kunou and others' cases. The thing I'd like to add that pertains to this is the following:

vs.

When taken at face value these two terms have very different meanings, even though they both imply a similar end result, the only difference is in what time frame the result happens. If we sort the female cast under these two categories, we see there is a reason for where they ended up, both by common sense and story driven elements as to why they are where they are. Some of the reasons being out of the control of the characters, story editor interlopers mainly.

So let me give my perspective on this; but don't expect a full list as I am pulling this from memory.

Rias
Akeno
Asia
Xenovia
Irina

vs.

Koneko
Ravel
Kuroka
Kunou
Abe

I can't recall anyone else having an implied betrothal either by official or unofficial means. I also include those that had an interest in having a relationship with Ise, but gave up. They had the interest, and that is what counts.

Of course Kunou is too young, as most of the Gremory group is likely twice her age, but active participation doesn't need to happen now. Thinking upon this further, this whole thing could be happening in preparation for Koneko to pass the "token loli" torch on to someone else just in time for her big growth spurt in height and oppai size. Which we could see within the next couple of volumes, that isn't related to Shirone Mode.

On the subject of "easy" I agree with the statements that the girls are not easy, but dedicate their sexual energy toward Ise, and no one else. While that may make them look easy to us, this point would be driven home real good if somebody else were to try and hit on them. Whatever fool tried that would be gracefully turned down at first, then beaten down if they tried to be aggressive about hitting on the girls, likely by said girl who was the target (except Asia, but the others would assist instead).

While we can point to examples of any given fault in any of the characters, we can say that they all have at least developed an integrity that is reasonable to most of our sensibilities, and shown the reasons for the decisions they made. We've also been shown that Devil (and Underworld) society is different than human society in it's mores and values, as this was explicitly stated in the earlier volumes and short stories.

That's the beauty of DxD. We get to peek into a society that is different to our own, and that is not guided by the same values as ours is. Contrarianism is the bread & butter of story telling in many ways for many works. Everything from Lolita by that Nabokov guy, to the Lovecraft horror of the Cthulhu mythos. These exist solely BECAUSE they go against our social norms, and depict things that grate against our sensibilities. Echii stories do this for the same reasons, likely because they're about guilty pleasures, things and situations happening that we ourselves cannot engage in because it's "not right" in our social lives.

Taboos we seek, but cannot obtain, and why many look at those who have those things we do not with eyes of condescension, because of envy. And "envy" is the root as to why many social taboos are considered taboo to begin with.

Draxin, I believe, that at least to me, you have just won the internet. You basically covered all the points that a lot of us were trying to cover in the previous thread. Good job.

DOmus
2015-01-10, 13:07
^^At least someone took the time to read the whole thing before posting, thx for covering everything, so, can we finally move on??

GrrDraxin
2015-01-10, 14:38
Yes, we can move on.

Does anyone have a height chart of the characters?

jopjopjop
2015-01-10, 15:09
^ Here. (http://highschooldxd.wikia.com/wiki/File:6q151.png)

GrrDraxin
2015-01-10, 21:57
Cool, but I guess that will get updated too once the next season airs so it will include characters like Kunou, Yasaka, and others.

Holy shit! No wonder Ise is scared of "it", Mil-tan is nearly 7 feet tall!

DragonKing0117
2015-01-10, 22:04
Cool, but I guess that will get updated too once the next season airs so it will include characters like Kunou, Yasaka, and others.

It doesn't have the guys from season 2 though. :upset: Hopefully they did make one that hasn't been uploaded to the wiki yet.

ImperialFlameGod8190
2015-01-10, 22:20

he's not scared of mil-tan spare me he's a little annoyed by a guy so into magical girls

Biohazardous
2015-01-11, 20:32
he's not scared of mil-tan spare me he's a little annoyed by a guy so into magical girls

Agree he is concerned about this.

kusabireika
2015-01-12, 02:09
It's not that scary, It's very pretty :blush:
http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk308/0kusabireika0/Emoticons/EcoIn.cOM.vN-Emo-Cat-Star-16_zpsxeph4l28.gif

Chichiryuushintei
2015-01-12, 10:37
It's not that scary, It's very pretty :blush:
http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk308/0kusabireika0/Emoticons/EcoIn.cOM.vN-Emo-Cat-Star-16_zpsxeph4l28.gif

I'm still scared of how you can find it pretty o-O

@about this chart: I believe it's inaccurate/outdated, I think Issei is taller than Kiba now, at least in one of the Volume 19 illustrations he seemed to be.

http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20141119213938/highschooldxd/images/thumb/f/f8/Issei_and_Kiba_V19.png/341px-Issei_and_Kiba_V19.png

jopjopjop
2015-01-12, 10:49

@about this chart: I believe it's inaccurate/outdated, I think Issei is taller than Kiba now, at least in one of the Volume 19 illustrations he seemed to be.

http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20141119213938/highschooldxd/images/thumb/f/f8/Issei_and_Kiba_V19.png/341px-Issei_and_Kiba_V19.png

Of course its inaccurate. That chart is based on Season 1. :heh:

ImperialFlameGod8190
2015-01-12, 11:21

First off there's no questioning tastes got it we accept all views

DragonKing0117
2015-01-12, 11:25

There may be no questioning, but lack of understanding is bound to happen depending on the circumstances. :heh: No offense kusabireika.

ImperialFlameGod8190
2015-01-12, 12:32
There may be no questioning, but lack of understanding is bound to happen depending on the circumstances. :heh: No offense kusabireika.

im fine with that

Chichiryuushintei
2015-01-12, 14:48

I didn't mean to offend anyone, sorry if I did.

kusabireika
2015-01-12, 20:28

im fine with that

I didn't mean to offend anyone, sorry if I did.

thx Imperial, but i really love them :T_T:
http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk308/0kusabireika0/Emoticons/EcoIn.cOM.vN-Emo-Cat-Star-10_zpsqvwmk6ru.gif

DragonKing0117
2015-01-12, 21:40
thx Imperial, but i really love them :T_T:
http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk308/0kusabireika0/Emoticons/EcoIn.cOM.vN-Emo-Cat-Star-10_zpsqvwmk6ru.gif

There's nothing wrong with you loving Mil-tan kusa, and no matter what anyone else says otherwise, keep loving Mil-tan the same way you have been until now.
http://www.jcafe24.net/Smileys/onions/shinyteeth.gif

kusabireika
2015-01-12, 21:49
There's nothing wrong with you loving Mil-tan kusa, and no matter what anyone else says otherwise, keep loving Mil-tan the same way you have been until now.
http://www.jcafe24.net/Smileys/onions/shinyteeth.gif

but gasper is one and only love :blush:
http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk308/0kusabireika0/Emoticons/EcoIn.cOM.vN-Emo-Cat-Star-5_zpsb4nhmaxn.gif

DragonKing0117
2015-01-12, 22:05
but gasper is one and only love :blush:
http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk308/0kusabireika0/Emoticons/EcoIn.cOM.vN-Emo-Cat-Star-5_zpsb4nhmaxn.gif

I... I have no words... http://www.jcafe24.net/Smileys/onions/sob.gif

kusabireika
2015-01-12, 22:10
I... I have no words... http://www.jcafe24.net/Smileys/onions/sob.gif

you can have valerie, gasper is mine :kisskiss:

ontopic: do you think the last 2 longinuses host an ally or a foe ....

DragonKing0117
2015-01-12, 22:14

What were they again? Telos Karma and Innovate Clear right? Honestly, I don't know what to expect, though wasn't their some mention from Azazel that one of the Longinus possessors we haven't been introduced to was currently being monitored? I think it was Innovate Clear.

P.S. You can have Gasper. I'll be just fine over here with Irina, Kuroka, and Ravel. :heh:

kusabireika
2015-01-12, 22:19
What were they again? Telos Karma and Innovate Clear right? Honestly, I don't know what to expect, though wasn't their some mention from Azazel that one of the Longinus possessors we haven't been introduced to was currently being monitored? I think it was Innovate Clear.

P.S. You can have Gasper. I'll be just fine over here with Irina, Kuroka, and Ravel. :heh:

Im really curious on what is their ability ^^
http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk308/0kusabireika0/Emoticons/EcoIn.cOM.vN-Emo-Cat-Star-3_zpsr0kvbvht.gif

ty :blush: so you don't like Valerie ^^?

DOmus
2015-01-12, 22:27
Im gonna say one thing...Ravel is mine(*walks away*)!!

DragonKing0117
2015-01-13, 06:50
I'm pretty sure you're confused. You took Le Fay, Ravel's still with me. :D

GrrDraxin
2015-01-13, 14:14
I wouldn't mind taking Valerie. She's got a nice rack. Though it would take some work to put her mind back together.

DOmus
2015-01-13, 14:55
Nehh, im pretty sure I have my original Ravel over here (I like the character that were tsuns and then stopped) next to Abe, maybe u have a copy of her from the experiments of the mages back in vol 14

ImperialFlameGod8190
2015-01-13, 14:59
you people are fighting over characters get serious Ravel is Issei's we can just appreciate the characters and stop being ridiculous

DOmus
2015-01-13, 15:09
you people are fighting over characters get serious Ravel is Issei's we can just appreciate the characters and stop being ridiculous

U do know how to kill the mood, dont u?? Its a joke (at least for me)....

Biohazardous
2015-01-13, 15:44

Careful when Valerie is better Gasper would leave you for her. If not Valerie might fight you lol. :p

Armando99
2015-01-17, 05:54
Nehh, im pretty sure I have my original Ravel over here (I like the character that were tsuns and then stopped) next to Abe, maybe u have a copy of her from the experiments of the mages back in vol 14

Hey leave Abe-senpai alone. She is mine. All of you divide everyone else.
I hope to see her again, soon. Maybe she'll be one of the remaining SG holders(hoping for a miracle?)

DragonKing0117
2015-01-17, 15:47
Hey leave Abe-senpai alone. She is mine. All of you divide everyone else.
I hope to see her again, soon. Maybe she'll be one of the remaining SG holders(hoping for a miracle?)

Considering the fact that we now know some Sacred Gears can be transferred without the first host dying, it's no longer possible to say that that is an impossibility with 100% certainty.

Gary29
2015-01-17, 17:21
Abe 4 next possessor of Incinerate Anthem? :heh:

And while you guys are fighting over the others, I'll just take Rossweisse-chan then.

Honestly, Rossweisse, Irina and Ravel are tied for favorite girl. Akeno, Kuroka and others are tied for second!

DOmus
2015-01-17, 17:33
Honestly, Rossweisse, Irina and Ravel are tied for favorite girl. Akeno, Kuroka and others are tied for second!

We share similar taste. Cant decide between Ravel and Rossweisse for favorite girl yet, Kunou and Kuroka are fighting for the second place.

jopjopjop
2015-01-17, 17:58
Abe 4 next possessor of Incinerate Anthem? :heh:

Apart from generating Holy Flames, Incinerate Anthem also has an aspect of being an independent avatar.

Abe = Beast Tamer = user of independent avatar = Incinerate Anthem.

We have something going on here boys. Jk. :heh::eyespin:

DragonKing0117
2015-01-17, 17:59
I love all the girls! But all in all my top seven are Irina, Kuroka, Ravel, Serafall, Kuno, Xenovia, and Ophis, not in that order.

LowCholesterol
2015-01-18, 08:03
Apart from generating Holy Flames, Incinerate Anthem also has an aspect of being an independent avatar.

Abe = Beast Tamer = user of independent avatar = Incinerate Anthem.

We have something going on here boys. Jk. :heh::eyespin:

hm, this is interesting. so incinerate anthem could have its own mind?
and if the holy spear have the God of Bible will. then what are the thing sealed inside the holy cross?

Rokumonsen
2015-01-18, 09:19
What if the God of the Bible is actually female?

DOmus
2015-01-18, 14:04
Wanst god genderless??

LowCholesterol
2015-01-18, 21:27
yeah, it was stated on the Abrahamic Religion (Christian, Catholic, Islam) teaching isn't it? God was different from the one that God create in the whole universe.

but i'm not sure about Hindu, Buddha, and the other religion.

Kirihara_R
2015-01-21, 06:58
Lol, I didn't notice that there's a lot of comments which was been answered in the author's blog, though the most interesting comments/questions for me is What is the oppai ranking between the girls in Isse's point of view and a little info regarding DXD zero but its too bad that there's no plan for it yet,

jopjopjop
2015-01-21, 19:59
I'm sure many wondered why Xenovia lost her green fringe that she has in the earlier illustrations and probably reasoned that it was just probably left out or forgotten by Miyama-Zero.

Green fringe:
http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/highschooldxd/images/a/a9/Zenovia.jpg/revision/latest/scale-to-width/344?cb=20130802213647

Without:
http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/highschooldxd/images/4/49/User209568_pic49575_1362857630.jpg/revision/latest/scale-to-width/624?cb=20130415013018

Well I finally found the answer why!!
Xenovia dyed/streaked a part of her fringe green for FASHION. Of course when not maintained, the green part will naturally fade away and be removed completely.

ImperialFlameGod8190
2015-01-21, 20:02
I'm sure many wondered why Xenovia lost her green fringe that she has in the earlier illustrations and probably reasoned that it was just probably left out or forgotten by Miyama-Zero.

Green fringe:
http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/highschooldxd/images/a/a9/Zenovia.jpg/revision/latest/scale-to-width/344?cb=20130802213647

Without:
http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/highschooldxd/images/4/49/User209568_pic49575_1362857630.jpg/revision/latest/scale-to-width/624?cb=20130415013018

Xenovia dyed/streaked her a part of her fringe green for FASHION. Of course when not maintained, the green part will be naturally fade away and be removed completely.

i dont mind i thought that fringe was rather ugly

DragonKing0117
2015-01-21, 20:19

Green fringe:

Without:

Xenovia dyed/streaked a part of her fringe green for FASHION. Of course when not maintained, the green part will naturally fade away and be removed completely.

Figured it had to be something like that. But oh well. Now how much you wanna bet that someone who's not completely familiar with the series will mistake Tsubasa Yura for Xenovia in a picture comparison. :heh:

DOmus
2015-01-21, 21:01
I somehow feel betrayed knowing that....

Gary29
2015-01-23, 12:34
Since we haven't had much discussion on volume 20 so far, and the preview should be posted in a month or two, do you guys have any predictions on what's gonna happen?

My predictions:

Sun Wukong will finally fight alongside the Gremory group.
Emperor Belial will reveal himself as a traitor, a short fight with him occurs and Euclid+Walburga+the Malebranche escape.
I have a feeling there will be a mention of another promotion for Ise. And ofc the rest of the Gremory group.

RED IV
2015-01-24, 04:15
Since we haven't had much discussion on volume 20 so far, and the preview should be posted in a month or two, do you guys have any predictions on what's gonna happen?

My predictions:

Sun Wukong will finally fight alongside the Gremory group.
Emperor Belial will reveal himself as a traitor, a short fight with him occurs and Euclid+Walburga+the Malebranche escape.
I have a feeling there will be a mention of another promotion for Ise. And ofc the rest of the Gremory group.

And Issei would gain a new power up

jopjopjop
2015-01-24, 05:44
And Issei would gain a new power up
Wouldn't count on that. If anyone's gonna have a power-up, it would be Vali.

An indication that there is a planned power-up for a character is a ???? in Ishibumi's list. Vali's ???? has been there for the longest time so Vol. 20 would be the best time to fill that in.

Starway
2015-01-24, 06:11
Lol, I didn't notice that there's a lot of comments which was been answered in the author's blog, though the most interesting comments/questions for me is What is the oppai ranking between the girls in Isse's point of view and a little info regarding DXD zero but its too bad that there's no plan for it yet,

Can you give a link to the blog or link to where someone translated stuff from the blog if there is any.

jopjopjop
2015-01-24, 06:17
Can you give a link to the blog or link to where someone translated stuff from the blog if there is any.
Here. (http://ishibumi.exblog.jp/)

Starway
2015-01-24, 06:29
Here. (http://ishibumi.exblog.jp/)

Thx sometimes I wish I could read Japanese but I suck at languages in general so google translate it is:heh:

Edit for xenovia green fringe she still has it in volume nine I think(hard to tell picture dark) but loses it by volume 11

DragonKing0117
2015-02-09, 23:21
So I found a DxD thread on 4chan and discovered various information. Now, I know how a bunch of people feel about the site, but it's impossible to deny that wjen they're not screwing around with the trolls, they give really accurate information (plus they seem to like DxD) Anway, here we go! Someone please confirm if true.
A short story on the Pendragon siblings was released recently.

Details are as follows:
A new character named Elaine Westcott was introduced!
She's a woman in her early 20s with long black hair that seems to be from UK.
She's a maid for the Pendragon family but primarily is Le Fay's aid.
Her behavior is that of a lady.
Her ancestor is one of the founders or the driving force for the establishment of the Hermetic Order of the Golden Dawn. (see MacGregor Mathers)
As her heritage, she's also a witch.
She's mutually in love with Arthur Pendragon.
Issei supports their love.
Arthur left the House of Pendragon as the current head (his father) does not approve of their relationship.
Elaine checked on them as an order from the siblings' father to check their living arrangements.
Although it is already obvious, Kuroka said that she's on the No-Bra Faction.
Elaine said that Fenrir is a good dog but needs to have a proper name.
She gave him the name John.
Kuroka laughed hard which resulted to John biting her.
Elaine forced Le Fay and Kuroka to clean their room with Koneko helping her sister.
Some info here was already confirmed so I'll bold any non-confirmed stuff.SPOILERS ABOUND
-Volume 20 is going to be the climax of the fourth story arc. Speculation is rampant on whether this means there's going to be an arc 5 focused on the real war against Qlippoth, and this was just the introduction and preparation for it, or if volume 20 will begin a series of climactic volumes to finish this arc. Hoping for the former, because it would be so much more awesome, but we'd get at least 4 or 5 more volumes after v20 either way (and I'd be more than satisfied with either result).

-There WILL be volumes focused on Kuroka, Le Fay, and Kunou in the future. There will also be 4 more volumes focused on Rias, Asia, Akeno and Koneko (one for each girl, 4 in total). Ishibumi also said he wanted to focus on the Youkai more (presumably in Kunou's volume).

-If you've paid close attention to the volume 19 illustrations, you noticed that Xenovia no longer has her green fringe. Illustration error, perhaps? Nope; exactly the opposite. Recently, info was discovered on a short story of when Irina and Xenovia first met, and it was revealed that Xenovia dyed one of her fringes green for fashion. Obviously over time the green fringe would fade, and if you look closely at Miyama-san's illustrations you can see this happening.
http://imgur.com/a/wYIwg Seen here.

jopjopjop
2015-02-09, 23:57
Most of those info (short story and Xenovia's fringe) came from me. (Copy pasted directly from the wiki)

I posted them on the DxD wiki. The rest, IIRC, came from either B214 or Gary29.

Gary29
2015-02-10, 08:45
I can confirm that all those spoilers are accurate, seeing as I posted them on the DxD subreddit from the DxD wiki / Ishibumi's blog. They forgot to give credit to Jop :heh:

DragonKing0117
2015-02-10, 12:35
Ah, thank you. For the info then.

Direwolf18
2015-02-10, 12:48
As an aside its kind of funny that xenovia died her hair green. I have a family friend whose daughter went to catholic high school, dyed her hair right before graduation. They told her to shave her head and wear a wig or don't walk. She ended up not walking.

jopjopjop
2015-02-10, 13:13
As an aside its kind of funny that xenovia died her hair green. I have a family friend whose daughter went to catholic high school, dyed her hair right before graduation. They told her to shave her head and wear a wig or don't walk. She ended up not walking.

It was because of Irina. Xenovia with her long hair doesn't care much on it as long as it doesn't hinder her movements.

Irina then said that it may be so but it is also important to take care of it for private matters. :heh: So she also dyed her fringe green after she cut her hair.

jopjopjop
2015-02-13, 23:22
For those who may not know, today (2/14) is Xenovia Quarta's birthday.

What present would you give to Xenovia? Try to best each other out! :D:heh:

Tbolt
2015-02-13, 23:33
Fur padded handcuffs for Ise.

Rokumonsen
2015-02-14, 01:39
One year supply of condoms would suffice, I guess :p :heh:

aw454wtr
2015-02-14, 03:11
Ise wrapped in red ribbons

LowCholesterol
2015-02-14, 07:49
A simple cooking recipe with aphrodisiac and viagra inside, to be eaten together with Issei

Gary29
2015-02-16, 11:10
An interesting topic someone on reddit brought up a few days ago that I wanted to see what you guys thought of. What if the reason Kuoh Academy became co-ed was because Kiba joined?

It’s a co-Ed school right now, but since it was a girl’s school until a couple of years ago, there are more girls than boys.

Kiba being a second-year like Ise, and considering Rias and Sona basically run the school, it's an interesting explanation for what would otherwise be a generic harem event.

DragonKing0117
2015-02-16, 11:34
An interesting topic someone on reddit brought up a few days ago that I wanted to see what you guys thought of. What if the reason Kuoh Academy became co-ed was because Kiba joined?

Kiba being a second-year like Ise, and considering Rias and Sona basically run the school, it's an interesting explanation for what would otherwise be a generic harem event.

That sounds plausible, especially since Gasper and Saji ended up joining later. While Gasper may have been able to pass as a girl, in the case they wanted a male piece, it would be disadvantageous for them to go to a separate school due to gender.

The 48th Ronin
2015-02-22, 23:45
Any chances of more gods from other religions appearing?

Poodicus
2015-02-23, 00:30
^

I really hope so, though it might not be in "Highschool" DxD if you catch my drift. Quite honestly, there's a lot of interesting religions with gods out there that could be used that haven't even been mentioned in the series.

Egyptians, American tribes (Aztecs, Mayans, Incans, etc.), Slavic gods (Pre-Christian Russia/Poland/Austria/etc.)

There's a lot that Ishibumi-sensei could use, but I doubt he will due to to them being not "main-stream" enough, which is a bit upsetting.

Biohazardous
2015-02-23, 10:30
What to give Xen... humm special seals that would take a few hours to crack to put on the room. That way by the time the others barge in she's already had her way with Ise.

DragonKing0117
2015-02-23, 21:23
^

I really hope so, though it might not be in "Highschool" DxD if you catch my drift. Quite honestly, there's a lot of interesting religions with gods out there that could be used that haven't even been mentioned in the series.

Egyptians, American tribes (Aztecs, Mayans, Incans, etc.), Slavic gods (Pre-Christian Russia/Poland/Austria/etc.)

There's a lot that Ishibumi-sensei could use, but I doubt he will due to to them being not "main-stream" enough, which is a bit upsetting.

Well, some ARE being used. Just look at the Dragons and the mythologies they represent, some of which are actually expanded on im DxD

Evil Dragons:
Grendel - Germanic legend; includes Beowulf and his descendants
Azi Dahaka- Zoroastrianism; includes Indra
Ladon - Greek mythology; includes the Olympian pantheon, many monsters amd heros, etc.
Crom Cruach - Celtic mythology; includes Lugh (one of the DxD Top 10) and Balor
Apophis - Egyptian mythology; includes Atum who's in the Top 10
Yamata-no-Orochi - Shinto legend; includes Koneko, Yasaka, Kunou, and many other youkai as well as Kusanagi
Nidhogg - Norse mythology; includes everything pertaining to Yggdrasil, the Aesir, etc.

Dragon Kings:
Tiamat - Mesopotamian religion
Fafnir and Midgardsormr - Norse mythology; same as Nidhogg
Yu Long - Chinese legend; includes Sun Wukong
Vritra - Vedic myth/Hinduism; includes Indra, the Trimurti
Tannin - Jewish legend; as the predecessor to Christianity includes many characters and concepts feom the Three Factions some of the most notable being Azazel and Lilith.

Heavenly Dragons
Ddraig and Albion - Welsh Myth; as Welsh myth was the origin of Arthurian legend before being integrated into English legend it includes thw Excalibur and those relating to King Arthur

True Dragon and Dragon God
Ophis - Many mythologies and legends; as Ophis is the Ouroboros, "she" is part of many mythologies from where you can see her symbol of a snake or dragon holding it's tail in it's mouth in a circle or infinity symbol. This includes a wide variety including Greek, Aztec, Mayan,and Egyptian mythologies.

Great Red - Christianity - He's the Apocalypse Dragon who fought the Beast in revelations and is thus related intricately with the three factions even if he doesn't particularly care about them.

The 48th Ronin
2015-03-03, 01:22
You think DxD will get some anime spinoff.

Armando99
2015-03-03, 22:44
You think DxD will get some anime spinoff.

I'd be happy just for having more regular DxD anime to go beyond the third season.

Biohazardous
2015-03-04, 10:57
I'd be happy just for having more regular DxD anime to go beyond the third season.

This totally this. I want to see all of it animated.

DragonKing0117
2015-03-04, 11:40
This totally this. I want to see all of it animated.

Well hopefully that'll be the case. After all, the moment an anime gets a third season, its chances of getting another season tend to grow exponentially as long as there's more original content. If we're lucky, DxD may be the newest member of the longrunner anime as Bleach and Naruto are essentially over.

Biohazardous
2015-03-04, 11:46
It certainly has the potential. I think most of us agree that it gets better as more novels come out. With that as long as they don't try and change things or rush them it could run until the Author completes the series. Then do a spin-off. Depending on ending they probably could have several options for a spin-off.

kikix
2015-03-04, 13:06
They could easily make a spin-off that's in a far future where the alliance is set in stone and there are world-wide rating game championships between the various factions of the world. Just focus on the rating game and the collection of a team of fighters for a new star, with Issei and the team being merely VIP's that give sporadical hints or commentary.

A very general state of the world years forward is probably something the author already have in mind and could share. Though...it would be kind of like a spoiler...

Biohazardous
2015-03-04, 14:06
Not sure how they can do it currently Kikix. I have ideas of what I'd love to see in the future for DxD. A spin-off to me would be something at completion or close to it. I kinda would love to hear other spin off ideas.

Gary29
2015-03-04, 14:42
Well hopefully that'll be the case. After all, the moment an anime gets a third season, its chances of getting another season tend to grow exponentially as long as there's more original content. If we're lucky, DxD may be the newest member of the longrunner anime as Bleach and Naruto are essentially over.

It really looks like it could go that way. IMO, the defining point would be at the end of season 5/volume 12. Assuming Ishibumi's nearing the climax of the Shiva arc, a slightly-modified (maybe removing mentions of a third Super Devil and the magician's contracts) v12 is the perfect place to end the anime. If another season is announced after that, they pretty much intend to animate the entire series...and Ishibumi might have to write a sequel to DxD after all :heh:

As for a spinoff, I'd love to see SLASHDOG animated :D More background story would be awesome. I also love kikix's idea.

n0m@n
2015-03-09, 04:47
Hmm.
It seems like Ishibumi's mother died.
He posted on his blog and mentions the death of his dad (which was also mentioned in v1), brother, and pet cats&dogs which all happened the last 7 years.
He sounded really depressed. Hope he won't do anything rash.

jopjopjop
2015-03-09, 05:53
Hmm.
It seems like Ishibumi's mother died.
He posted on his blog and mentions the death of his dad (which was also mentioned in v1), brother, and pet cats&dogs which all happened the last 7 years.
He sounded really depressed. Hope he won't do anything rash.

Yeah. I still remember his tweets about the death of his cat. ಢ_ಢ

n0m@n
2015-03-09, 07:32
I rarely check his twitter so i found out about his cat on the blog just now.
Losing a pet is sad.

Btw I wanted to check 2chan but it doesnt work now. I guess we cant get any info from 2chan anymore. Damn.

Biohazardous
2015-03-09, 08:33
Sad to hear. I hope he will be ok. That's a lot of death of loved ones to deal with. :(

GrrDraxin
2015-03-09, 09:42
2chan? Seems to be working for me... unless the version you're seeing is different. But yes, that is indeed sad.

Kind of like my friend who's grandmother, father and mother died in the last 3 years.

Hope he doesn't lose the will to live. We'd all be out good times with DxD if Ishibumi experiences an Author Existence Failure (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/AuthorExistenceFailure).

Gary29
2015-03-09, 11:31
Is it 2chan the site that's not working, or spoilers won't be posted anymore?

Damn, poor Ishibumi. I hope he's okay. This might postpone the release of volume 20 more, but as long as he ends up being alright it's worth it.

Biohazardous
2015-03-09, 13:10
Yea hopefully he will be ok. That's alot to deal with. I havent had to deal with loss of loved one since early teenage years. I dread that day. Multiple loss makes it that much harder. If someone could wish him well for those of us here.

WingsoftheDragonix
2015-03-09, 13:14
Poor Ishibumi.:(

I really hope he will able to overcome this.

Gary29
2015-03-09, 13:27
If someone could wish him well for those of us here.

Sent him a tweet. (https://twitter.com/Gary2912/status/574996827432321024) Of course, my Japanese is terrible, but the sentiment is there. :heh:

Biohazardous
2015-03-09, 15:36
Ok Ty Gary. :)

DragonKing0117
2015-03-09, 19:05
Sent him a tweet. (https://twitter.com/Gary2912/status/574996827432321024) Of course, my Japanese is terrible, but the sentiment is there. :heh:

Sending him a tweet is a good idea, but I don't know enough Japanese to make it work. :heh: What'd you use, GT?