PDA

View Full Version : KanColle - Episode 5 Discussion / Poll

Klashikari
2015-02-04, 10:58
Welcome to the discussion thread for KanColle, Episode 5.

Thread Guidelines

Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
Spoilers or hints about future events must not be posted in this thread.
If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message (http://forums.animesuki.com/faq.php?faq=vb_board_usage#faq_vb_pm_explain), or seek out a more appropriate thread.
Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
Be polite to your fellow forum members.
Please try to keep the discussion on-topic.
Character bashing is not on-topic and will not be tolerated.
Do not post multiple times in a row. Please edit your existing post if you wish to add additional thoughts.

Episode Thread Spoiler Policy

Any comment that discloses events, characters, plot or other information before it is revealed in the anime is expressly forbidden whether or not it is behind spoiler tags.
Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
Please consult the AnimeSuki Spoiler Policy (http://forums.animesuki.com/faq.php?faq=animesuki_faq#faq_spoilerpolicy) for more information.
Adding a Spoiler tag:

spoiler.gif
Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
Make sure that you include a useful title!
Please use the Report button if you see any inappropriate spoilers:

report.gif
Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
locate and deal with problems quickly.
Posting inappropriate spoilers may result in a ban.
Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.

Klashikari
2015-02-04, 11:19
PART A
-Nagato summoning Jintsuu's squadron. Nagato tell them they will have to reorganize the fleet completely, which also mean they will assign kanmusu to different squadrons.

-Fubuki, Mutsuki and Yuudachi are packing their stuff. Fubuki is worried if it was her fault, but Mutsuki begs to differ. They might be in the same fleet later on, and Mutsuki thinks Fubuki might join Akagi's fleet this way.

-Night time. Fubuki and Mutsuki talk a bit while they are in their bed, glad they met etc. They decide to have a walk. They are then joined by Yuudachi who couldn't sleep since it is their last day together. Likewise, the sendai sisters are there.

-Sendai takes Fubuki's hands and they are joining their hands as a circle. Jintsuu says that even if they are seperated, they must remember they had the torpedo squad girl soul together.

-The next day. Fubuki is assigned to the fifth raid squadron, while Mutsuki is in the fourth fleet.

-Fubuki arrives in the assigned squadron room and... she finds herself with Ooi and Kitakami. Ooi is delighted both are reunited by "fate" then notice much later that Fubuki is there. Ooi drags her outside and flatly tell her room is the other one.

-Fubuki enters and finds herself in another awkward situation: Kaga and Zuikaku have a very cold and blunt argument. Shoukaku arrives defuses the situation "somewhat" then leaves, encouraging Fubuki, but the latter is helpless and lies saying she mistook the room after Kaga realizes she was there.

-Outside, Kongou found her and she is also assigned with her. As Kongou is the only person she can rely on in this squadron, she hugs her.

-Kongou suggest some tea time to lighten the mood, but things are south already: Ooi wants to cut this meeting short so she can have lunch with Kitakami. The latter thinks they should at least do the room assignments, but things are looking good as Kaga refuses to be assigned in the same room as Zuikaku, to which the latter agrees. Meanwhile, Ooi obviously wants to be in the same room as Kitakami, otherwise her torpedoes won't really be just for show. Kongou is amused by the looks of the squadron, while Fubuki can't help but sulk.

-At the DD classroom, Fubuki laments the situation. Kongou promised her to do something about it, but Fubuki isn't betting much on it.
Mutsuki was assigned with Mogami, while Yuudachi is with Naka.

-Fubuki is resting at the Mamiya and then is joined by Akagi. Looks like she already caught wind about her assignment and asks if things are okay with Kaga since she is with Zuikaku. Fubuki wonders why the admiral made such assignment, but Akagi doesn't know the details but believes it is related to the FS operation. The plan is to raid the two bases which would render the Abyssals powerful around that area. If this succeeds, Akagi believes they might have a clue about the mysterious Abyssals, be it their origins or their objectives.

-Fubuki is back at her room, but... Zuikaku isn't having fun with Kaga.

END of PART A

Eyecatch: Shoukaku and Zuikaku by Konishi.

PART B

-They are going to decide the Flagship but... things aren't really going well with Zuikaku and Kaga. While Kongou believes it should be her as she is the only battleship, Zuikaku doesn't agree since Kongou is a british returnee who came back, while Kaga doesn't want to take the lead as she has no confidence in giving orders with people of "such level". Zuikaku wants to do it, but Kaga obviously makes a much stronger disapproval to this. Ooi isn't really relaxed to hear that a carrier would be the flagship if they don't do their flagship job properly. Zuikaku retorts they shouldn't leave all the work to Carriers just because they are light cruisers, but Ooi insists they are torpedo cruisers. Ooi believes she would be a better choice but Kitakami doesn't want that since it would expose Ooi to more attacks as a flagship. Moved by this, Ooi is fine to let Zuikaku be the "ship deck-flat chest" flagship. Kongou suggests a competition which will be decided with the MVP.

-Kongou started but failed. Zuikaku followed suite (she DID get her transformation unlike kongou), but failed. Then Kaga failed.

-Kongou is happily ushering people to continue, but it isn't going well. Fubuki notices Kaga doing some sort of bunny with some cloth, and it seems it was Akagi who teached her, as repair times are pretty long.

-At their room, Zuikaku believes they should report to the admiral regarding this fleet assignment, to which Kaga and Ooi seem to agree due to how unbalanced it is. Fubuki thinks they should try since they are barely together recently, but Zuikaku believes it is exactly because they barely were together that they can fix it up already.
Zuikaku comments how nice the bunny looks like before leaving, and while Kaga has no reaction, Fubuki tries to catch up Zuikaku, stating she in fact want to make more efforts in that squadron, much to Zuikaku's surprise.

-They are interrupted as the HQ has detected that the Abyssals are on the move. Despite the awkward ragtag team, they are going out, but things are already chaotic: Zuikaku wants to show off, while Ooi goes ahead with Kitakami.

-Fubuki stops Zuikaku and Ooi/KTKM saying they should rely on reconnaissance first, even if Zuikaku believes it is unecessary since the abyssal squadron seems rather weak.
Kaga and Zuikaku launch their planes, while Fubuki asks Ooi and Kitakami to ready their torpedoes. Fubuki acts as the vanguard and the bait. Kaga spotted the abyssals squadron, and Fubuki goes forward, attracting their attention. She somehow dodges all the torpedoes launched at all, while Kongou rushes at the torpedo cruiser, but missed her. Ooi and Kitakami make a combined attack and sink it instantly.

-Due to the result of the sortie, they decided that the flagship will be Fubuki. Of course, Fubuki is completely puzzled by this decision, but none of the other 5 have any objection.

-Zuikaku asks Fubuki again about how to do these bunnies, and Fubuki reveals it is actually Kaga's doing and suggest they should learn from Kaga. The latter actually don't mind.

Next Week: the Akatsuki.

Kakurin
2015-02-04, 11:30
Fubuki has come a long way.

Directing the battle. And now named flagship if I've gotten it right. :heh:

LoweGear
2015-02-04, 11:31
Became Flagship of her ragtag fleet. How much you've grown Special Type Destroyer :D

Stark700
2015-02-04, 11:32
Lol, Kaga and Zuikaku are like oil and water this episode. It was funny seeing Kongou trying to keep things in order. Action felt meh but was an amusing episode.

Kakurin
2015-02-04, 11:34
Next episode features the Akatsukis, nanodesu.

Kopi
2015-02-04, 11:56
Lol yuri couple and tsun are very strong. The enemy flagship actually dodges firepower this time. Too bad Kitakami and Ooi are there (CLT is too strong). Speaking of Ooi, wow I really want to scrap her in my fleet. Way too bitchy imo :heh:

Also relevant,
http://i.imgur.com/nUQWoAM.png

Seihai
2015-02-04, 12:36
Well, that was enjoyable. I'm happy that Kongou is included in the fleet, keeps things lively. Zuikaku is so lovely, too! What the staff succeeded at most is probably Ooi's spitefulness towards anyone who isn't KTKM. :heh:

Pablete
2015-02-04, 12:47
Ooi is such an eyesore, really :uhoh:

Death Usagi
2015-02-04, 13:07
That was a very enjoyable episode. Loved the beginning of the Torpedo Squadron Spirit, then the cat and dog fight between Kaga and Zuikaku, so much win, but it looks like unlike how the several fanworks depicted, Zuikaku doesn't speak that politely to Kaga.

Ooi was definitely the annoying lesbian this episode =w=... (Moment I saw her I was like... RUN FUBUKI RUN)

The multiple explosions were just massive win, and one of the best highlight of this episode was definitely Zuikaku launching (GIVE US BACK OUR EPIC LAUNCH SEQUENCES FOR OTHER SHIPS)

I thought Kaga or Kongou would actually be the flagship (Because that is usually how it works in fanworks...), BUT I WAS WRONG LOL

Fubuki suddenly becoming confident and leading the fleet was definitely inspiring and best part of the episode. Never thought she would become that good, but still lacking.

Also, as I have said several times before, the upcoming operation definitely looks to be a big one, and I still expect some tragedies to happen during that huge operation (Most likely Midway tier)

Next episode is Akatsuki Lolis episode where they fight in World 4-2, Curry Ocean, which makes sense because in the game, the branching rules state that you must have 2 or more Destroyers to go to an easier route of node A to E, which does fit how they will be sortieing there (Except you only need like 2 DD and rest can be filled with other ships to your liking in the game)

http://i.imgur.com/K6BtEWA.jpg

Also I am sure I informed you guys before, but Yuka Iguchi did state in an interview that due to the complaints by the fans that Kaga was not voiced properly on Episode 1 like in the game (even to the point of suspecting it was not Yuka Iguchi voicing her that episode), she would be more careful in voicing Kaga in the future. Looks like she kept that promise.

Overall, I would say this was one of the well-done episode so far. No complaints from me.

Klashikari
2015-02-04, 13:10
Also I am sure I informed you guys before, but Yuka Iguchi did state in an interview that due to the complaints by the fans that Kaga was not voiced properly like in the game (even to the point of suspecting it was not Yuka Iguchi voicing her that episode), she would be more careful in voicing Kaga in the future. Looks like she kept that promise.
Is there any link to that interview? Quite curious of the exact wording.
Also no, in this episode, Iguchi still sounds deeper and more coarse than in the game, and I'm pretty certain this isn't exactly her fault there because the recording for this episode is probably done way before the anime started airing. I really doubt they started recording ep5 only few weeks ago.

chaosprophet
2015-02-04, 13:25
Interesting that they would change the fleet where Fubuki is that early. Considering the position of Mutsuki, Yuudachi and the Sendai sisters in the OP, I did expect it to last longer with only some temporary rearrangements like in episode 4. This way they can keep the focus on Fubuki while giving different ship-girls some exposition. We may see Fubuki changing fleets again at a latter point in the anime.

Also, as I have said several times before, the upcoming operation definitely looks to be a big one, and I still expect some tragedies to happen during that huge operation (Most likely Midway tier)

I think we may see some girls being sunk in upcoming episode around the 6-9 range but don't think the chance is high near the end.

Death Usagi
2015-02-04, 13:39
Is there any link to that interview? Quite curious of the exact wording.
Also no, in this episode, Iguchi still sounds deeper and more coarse than in the game, and I'm pretty certain this isn't exactly her fault there because the recording for this episode is probably done way before the anime started airing. I really doubt they started recording ep5 only few weeks ago.

I need to find it, because this was mentioned in several Korean KanColle blogs, but apparently they are saying she said this in the "KanColle anime Cast Comments". Might be either in her twitter but not too sure where it is.

Estavali
2015-02-04, 13:45
So it really was episode 5 => 5th CarDiv, episode 6 => 6th DesDiv =3

If this is just a normal slice-of-life like the 4koma, we'd probably have 7th DesDiv for episode 7, and so on XD

Death Usagi
2015-02-04, 13:54
Forgot to mention this, but apparently Naomi Ide who is the staff member for character designs for the KanColle anime had complained on his twitter last week regarding his work environment for the KanColle anime.

The tweet is now deleted because it became a massive flame war, but the tweet itself still remained in other sources since people copy pasted to other places.

井出 直美 @naomi_i022
本音なんて呟けなくなるよね。
本当に色んな意味で勉強になる。
コンテも演出も・・・・・(震え声)

kaizerknight01
2015-02-04, 14:33
the mythical 5th fleet ( I wish there is ) Fubuki is more level head in combat than i expected . Zuikaku get the preferential treat by director .. ( no Kongo , KTKM/Ooi equipment scene? )

and 'buki still fan girl for Akagi ... ( see let how Kaga reacts :heh::heh:)

I think we may see some girls being sunk in upcoming episode around the 6-9 range but don't think the chance is high near the end.[/QUOTE]

if the staff dare to sink a Akatsuki loli dd , expect a riot and BD sales goes extinct

Death Usagi
2015-02-04, 14:36
We all know if even one of the Akatsuki lolis sink, there would be much worse reception compared to Episode 3. More BD sales would go bye bye and people would riot in a huge crowd. There is also possibility of people throwing away their monitor or breaking it out of rage the moment one of the Akatsuki lolis sink.

Also Fun Fact:

the composition used in this episode: 1 DD (Flagship) + 1 FBB + 2 CLT + 2 CV is actually a composition you use to power level a Destroyer or Light Cruiser in World 4-3 =w=

chaosprophet
2015-02-04, 14:46
If the next episode is based on 4-2, then we may see enemy submarines next episode. Possibly allied ones too.

We all know if even one of the Akatsuki lolis sink, there would be much worse reception compared to Episode 3. More BD sales would go bye bye and people would riot in a huge crowd. There is also possibility of people throwing away their monitor or breaking it out of rage the moment one of the Akatsuki lolis sink.
The "people" who do that, are generally only a few around the net and not really a mass group of fans as some sites like to portray.

Also Fun Fact:

the composition used in this episode: 1 DD (Flagship) + 1 FBB + 2 CLT + 2 CV is actually a composition you use to power level a Destroyer or Light Cruiser in World 4-3 =w=

The truth have been revealed! The whole composition change is just the admiral trying to take people's attention away from the fact he wants to power level Fubuki. It all went according to his plan, even to the point of Fubuki becoming the flagship for max experience!

Kakurin
2015-02-04, 14:51

People who break their monitors in rage need to get their mental state examined. As for the BD sales, I don't get why people still keep repeating that BD sales went down following Kisaragi's sinking. There is no conclusive evidence that this was the case. People who claim that the BD sales dropped simply misunderstand what the data given by the Amazon Stalker means.

ACertainStark
2015-02-04, 15:17
Excellent episode. My favorite one yet.

The beginning was bittersweet but touching with everyone in the squad having a last meet-up and saying they'll always be together in some way.

I see AkagixFubuki is strong in her. :heh: Very happy with how far Fubuki has gotten to the point of being the flagship. Also with how the fleet is set up. Zuikaku & Kaga were adorable especially at the end w/ Fubuki and didn't disappoint. Hope for a lot of screen time with those 3.

I really really don't like Ooi.

Seihai
2015-02-04, 15:22
We all know if even one of the Akatsuki lolis sink, there would be much worse reception compared to Episode 3.
I personally see it as a positive thing because if Kisaragi hadn't sunk she wouldn't have gotten this exposure. As much as I would have liked another outcome, you can't deny that it did make her more popular if just a little bit (i.e. pixiv art).

Death Usagi
2015-02-04, 15:36
The "people" who do that, are generally only a few around the net and not really a mass group of fans as some sites like to portray.

Yeah I know, I am just making it look serious out of humor :D

People who break their monitors in rage need to get their mental state examined. As for the BD sales, I don't get why people still keep repeating that BD sales went down following Kisaragi's sinking. There is no conclusive evidence that this was the case. People who claim that the BD sales dropped simply misunderstand what the data given by the Amazon Stalker means.

Not too sure but it is a fact some fans totally dropped this anime following Episode 3... T^T

I personally see it as a positive thing because if Kisaragi hadn't sunk she wouldn't have gotten this exposure. As much as I would have liked another outcome, you can't deny that it did make her more popular if just a little bit (i.e. pixiv art).

It's sad how tragedy leads to increase in popularity and attention... QwQ

Klashikari
2015-02-04, 15:43
This episode was quite amusing, not just for the interactions, but also the meta comments/scenes on various occasions:

-Fubuki's fleet is actually a very cookie-cutter type of fleet players use in the game, albeit they usually have another BB or a CA instead of a destroyer :heh:

-Having a destroyer as a flagship isn't that uncommon for us players, since Flagship in the game is the most safe position, get additional bonus (better accuracy / evasion / chance to score a critical/double attack/cut-in), AND 50% more experience.

-That PVP sequences... although only gamers would have guessed it :heh:

-the green T cross :heh:

Nvis
2015-02-04, 15:46
I really really don't like Ooi.
Ooi was definitely the annoying lesbian this episode =w=... (Moment I saw her I was like... RUN FUBUKI RUN)

Ooi is such an eyesore, really :uhoh:
Too bad Kitakami and Ooi are there (CLT is too strong). Speaking of Ooi, wow I really want to scrap her in my fleet. Way too bitchy imo :heh:

Out with Poi, in with Ooi. And I LIKE this change.:heh:

I like Ooi's constant killing intent stares.

I bet Ooi and Kitakami were split up and Ooi threatened the Admiral to let them stay together!

Seriously though, Ooi and Kitakami have so many freaking torpedos.....:eek:
They're Torpedo boats!

Favorites:

-Akagi
-Nagato
-Atago
-Mutsu

Eyes on:

-Yamato (awaiting debut)
-Takao
-Shimakaze
-Kongou
-Ooi (I like her personality)
-Shoukaku (initial impressions)

Dislike:

-Naka (good riddens)

ACertainStark
2015-02-04, 15:50
I miss Yuudachi. She got shafted kinda. :(

Though Naka-Yuudachi CD Album Release when?

chaosprophet
2015-02-04, 15:56
It's funny how Shoukaku seems to hold a similar discontent against the First Carrier Division (or is she just angry Kaga was dissing them / her sister?) but instead of Zuikaku who goes head on, she does it discretely by implying Kaga would be the escort ship.

Death Usagi
2015-02-04, 16:43
I miss Yuudachi. She got shafted kinda. :(

Though Naka-Yuudachi CD Album Release when?

We need moar Yuudachi back D:

And get her appear as Kai Ni later... T^T

chaosprophet
2015-02-04, 16:55

If she stays away for a few episodes, then her chances of becoming Kai ni are higher. Because her visual change is a bit too big to be a sudden change. If she stays away from the screen for a bit and later come back with her new visual, the change would be more believable.

Kakurin
2015-02-04, 16:57
-That PVP sequences... although only gamers would have guessed it :heh:

-the green T cross :heh:
Where? Must've missed it. :confused:

Fubuki sure has come a long way. Much more confident than at the beginning. And she's leveled up. Avoided plenty of shots in that little battle. :heh:

Death Usagi
2015-02-04, 16:59
This isn't heading to Fubuki getting Kai Ni at the end is it...? >w>;;

hoshino_crimsonwings
2015-02-04, 16:59
Kongou best girl.

Death Usagi
2015-02-04, 17:05
I wonder who made Kaga and the rest go Moderate Damage though...? >.>

chaosprophet
2015-02-04, 17:08
From the Episode 5 related questions of the FAQ:
-Why did Fubuki order Kitakami and Ooi to prepare torpedoes for an attack on the port side? In fact, why did she expect the enemy ships to be there?
Fubuki was planning to cross the T with the enemy squadron. By coming from the enemy right in a perpendicular trajectory, they would be able to cross the line with the enemy squadron while the latter would struggle to attack with all their guns.
Please check the explanations in the crossing the T wikipedia article (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crossing_the_T) for further details.

ACertainStark
2015-02-04, 17:08

There's been a major drop of poi in recent episodes...

If she stays away for a few episodes, then her chances of becoming Kai ni are higher. Because her visual change is a bit too big to be a sudden change. If she stays away from the screen for a bit and later come back with her new visual, the change would be more believable.

That's true. She'd come back stronger or end up an idol in training. :heh:

This isn't heading to Fubuki getting Kai Ni at the end is it...? >w>;;

I hope so. But I want it for more than 1 episode :p

Klashikari
2015-02-04, 17:14
Kitakami and Ooi definitely had to cross the T if they were to nuke Chi-class from port side instead of ahead.
EDIT: nevermind, there is also another explanation: if we assume both fleets are on a head on engagement, the Chi class and OoiKTKM would be on each other port side at some point if their trajectories are kept ahead. Going to edit and add this second explanation.

As for the PVP, I stated it because it is very very likely their MVP competition were in fact PVP skirmishes. The number of fights and the fact they could sortie very quickly afterwards without any bucket are evidences of that.
That and the fact I really doubt they can sortie like that without telling Nagato or the admiral.

~Yami~
2015-02-04, 17:26
the first part is heartbreaking though.. I haven't even got my Torpedo Squadron squad in game and they already disbanded.. Admiral! you're so cruel! *said a self-proclaimed admiral who never stay on same squad more than one sortie :heh:*

but changing the squad is really refreshing.. This is the right way to focus on other girls
One important lesson is don't separate a kantai with their yuri partner (Akagi-Kaga, Zuikaku-Shoukaku) :heh:
I'm crying with joy when I see Kongou.. Bucky is going to suicide if she is not there

great job in coordinating although Bucky still newbie
I laughed too much at the "blast" scene where they ended up in repair bath more than 4 times
no problem.. I get to see naked Kong-- *nosebleed and fainted*

1 DD, 1 BB, 2 Light Cruiser, and 2 Aircraft carrier are not a bad composition though... why Kaga stated that it would never work?

anyway, I should be prepared my heart for next episode... NANO~DESU!
no sinking please.. they are also my favorite squad

chaosprophet
2015-02-04, 17:27
As for the PVP, I stated it because it is very very likely their MVP competition were in fact PVP skirmishes. The number of fights and the fact they could sortie very quickly afterwards without any bucket are evidences of that.
That and the fact I really doubt they can sortie like that without telling Nagato or the admiral.

A training bout with other ship-girls may be it, although they may also have some kind of enemy simulation system for training. Zuikaku says "who took moderate damage on the first battle?" which does imply of a multiple battle situation like sorties instead of practice matches.

Death Usagi
2015-02-04, 17:30
Yeah, just how would they face that many Abyssal Fleet so many times randomly? XD;;

Klashikari
2015-02-04, 17:36
A training bout with other ship-girls may be it, although they may also have some kind of enemy simulation system for training. Zuikaku says "who took moderate damage on the first battle?" which does imply of a multiple battle situation like sorties instead of practice matches.
That was a mistranslation (again...) from Crunchyroll.
所詮でいきなり中破したのどこの誰を?

Which means "After all, who got half damaged right from the bat?".

Death Usagi
2015-02-04, 17:38
I tried to listen to Kaga's voice more and more, but Iguchi Yuka definitely made her sound the same as the game more compared to Episode 1. The tone was like really low back in Ep 1 but if I compare to how she speaks in the game, it's nearly the same now o.o

I am using Headphones to compare btw :x

chaosprophet
2015-02-04, 17:40
That was a mistranslation (again...) from Crunchyroll.
所詮でいきなり中破したのどこの誰を?

Which means "After all, who got half damaged right from the bat?".

Now that's a problem, as しょせん can also be 初戦 = first battle as CR translated.

Klashikari
2015-02-04, 17:40
I tried to listen to Kaga's voice more and more, but Iguchi Yuka definitely made her sound the same as the game more compared to Episode 1. The tone was like really low back in Ep 1 but if I compare to how she speaks in the game, it's nearly the same now o.o

I am using Headphones to compare btw :x
More like how she pronounce the words which are definitely different, but not as completely off as in ep1.
Now that's a problem, as しょせん can also be 初戦 = first battle as CR translated.
Didn't know there was a word like that, and it makes more sense since the で shouldn't work with 所詮 normally, my mistake then.
Suffice to say, considering the definition, it actually makes even more sense when you consider skirmishe (that word wouldn't really make sense with a series of actual battles). Similarly in ep1, I don't think practice would end with a single shelling, so she probably meant the first engagement against the other fleet.

That said, it also makes perfect sense with 緒戦 which means the start of a competition OR beginning of the hostilities.

HandofFate
2015-02-04, 17:57
What's the deal with the girl obsessed about Night Battles?

Klashikari
2015-02-04, 17:58
What's the deal with the girl obsessed about Night Battles?
The Light Cruiser Sendai took part of 4 battles in her career, and three of them were at night.
Since it is a very odd ratio, that the light cruisers are very good during the night (especially if you consider IJN training as well), and the game mechanics for night battle, they made Sendai a night battle freak.

Requiem-x
2015-02-04, 18:45
This episode was a surprise, and of the good kind. While I am a little dissapointed we'll be getting less Poi and yasen baka, this new crew definetly doesn't disappoint with the fun times, and let's be honest, after the last episode, I think lots of people wanted more Kongou, me included. I was kinda expecting her to be the flagship, but we do have a protagonist already, so :heh: But on a more serious tone, I think the way this move was made, though predictable, was handled surprisingly well: Little Fubuki went from a group that taught her the ropes and the importance of being close to your teammates to one that needed to learn that lesson in order to not waste their otherwise great talents; she didn't save the day singlehandedly, like most cheap protagonists, but rather the opposite, so yeah, I think she earned the right to be in front of the gang.

Also, she makes Zuikaku get flustered near Kaga. What else could you ask from her?

On other stuff, can't believe I managed to get Shoukaku's escort ships commentary (Only one fanwork seems to make reference to that, and fittingly enough, it features Fubuki)

Definetly looking forward to see more of this new group... after the next episode, that is.

It's here!
IT'S FINALLY HERE!!!
6TH DIV TIME!!!!!:love::love::love::love::love:

FlareKnight
2015-02-04, 19:02
Was kind of mixed on this one.

On the positive, more Kongou which is awesome :). It just wouldn't be the same without her saying "shit" after missing a shot :heh:. I could totally relate to Fubuki's relief when Kongou showed up as a member of the team. If she had to be alone with those lunatics she might have lost it. Sure, Kongou is also crazy, but she's an entertaining crazy :).

At the same time the rest of the squad is hit and miss. Kind of wish the yuri duo would just stay silent since they aren't that interesting. Also Fubuki's rise to girl with tactical sense and drawing enemy fire seemed a bit too ridiculous.

I'm pretty sure the admiral just got drunk and threw together the most random of combinations at the height of his intoxication.

Klashikari
2015-02-04, 19:11
Also Fubuki's rise to girl with tactical sense and drawing enemy fire seemed a bit too ridiculous.Fubuki was portrayed as a scolar-type of girl. She could explain the special feature of oxygen torpedo just like that in ep2 despite she was transferred only within few days. So it isn't surprising she has tactical knowledge.

Also, drawing enemies fire is the destroyers job. It isn't like it needs any special skill, and she got damaged anyway. It isn't like she suddenly became an ace and wrecked ships left and right. That said, she finally got the hang of her own speed, which explains her much smoother evasions manoeuvres compared to previous episodes. This also explains why the Admiral had expectations in her since she is the first special type destroyer.
I'm pretty sure the admiral just got drunk and threw together the most random of combinations at the height of his intoxication.Actually, putting the game aside, this kind of fleet sort of makes sense if you want a flexible fleet (which is why it is called the mobile unit). They are most likely going to be an independant unit assisting other task forces during the counter offensive.

FlareKnight
2015-02-04, 19:20
Fubuki was portrayed as a scolar-type of girl. She could explain the special feature of oxygen torpedo just like that in ep2 despite she was transferred only within few days. So it isn't surprising she has tactical knowledge.

Also, drawing enemies fire is the destroyers job. It isn't like it needs any special skill, and she got damaged anyway. It isn't like she suddenly became an ace and wrecked ships left and right. That said, she finally got the hang of her own speed, which explains her much smoother evasions manoeuvres compared to previous episodes. This also explains why the Admiral had expectations in her since she is the first special type destroyer.
Actually, putting the game aside, this kind of fleet sort of makes sense if you want a flexible fleet (which is why it is called the mobile unit). They are most likely going to be an independant unit assisting other task forces during the counter offensive.Book learning is fine. But if you want me to buy the girl we got through the first 4 episodes suddenly calmly issuing reliable tactical orders and making it all work....nope, not happening. All the explaining in the world is not going to make that any more believable from a character perspective.

And it's still a terrible assembling of individuals. If the story wasn't forcing them they'd already have been broken up.

Klashikari
2015-02-04, 19:26
Book learning is fine. But if you want me to buy the girl we got through the first 4 episodes suddenly calmly issuing reliable tactical orders and making it all work....nope, not happening. All the explaining in the world is not going to make that any more believable from a character perspective.
The girl in question followed practice all the time and made sounds decision based on usual drills. I really don't see how ridiculous it is, considering what she stated were basically fundamental tactical points which were stated in their practice drills as she says. Unlike the other members of her fleet, Fubuki didn't have any grief with a specific person and could obviously have a much better perspective, especially after what she went through (reconnaissance by the abyssals which fucked up their surprise attack in ep3, going to forwards which almost doomed her in ep4). The previous episodes definitely drilled her about the fundamental parts in war: know your enemy and don't take independant actions which would put you or your squadron in danger.
Also remember that the time span between the episodes are of severals days, which obviously skip practices she got.

The orders she has given weren't complex nor out of ordinary, otherwise none would have followed her. She stated the obvious and it struck Kaga, Zuikaku and Kitakami exactly because what she said made sense immediately with the context. They were just getting ahead of themselves since they were dealing with... trash mobs, for a lack of better words (Zuikaku and Kaga thinking reconnaissance was unecessary, Ooi and Kitakami thinking they would just wipe the floor by themselves).

And it's still a terrible assembling of individuals. If the story wasn't forcing them they'd already have been broken up.As I explained in the faq, they had to deal with it sooner or later. Doing it later will be a major blow because there is no guarantee their aces wouldn't be out of action for a while or permanently. If Akagi were to sink, Kaga would have to work with Zuikaku and Shoukaku at some point. If they can't deal with mere relationship issues when there isn't much action ongoing, it will be way worse once things get serious.

Cherry picking squadrons solely based on social relationships isn't a good idea in the long term.

Nvis
2015-02-04, 19:26
Why doesn't Yuudachi hang out with her sister ships? (Not even in the same class as her, WTF?)

Same with Fubuki, if they exist.

They are oddballs since pretty much the other girls usually hang out with their sister ships.

chaosprophet
2015-02-04, 19:39
Actually, putting the game aside, this kind of fleet sort of makes sense if you want a flexible fleet (which is why it is called the mobile unit). They are most likely going to be an independent unit assisting other task forces during the counter offensive.

Indeed, one thing the anime have is that, while battles does have a chaotic component, different from the game each ship-girl can decide who and how she will attack,m instead of being random. So having a fleet like this means each member can focus on specific types of enemies they're better at instead of having the battleship waste shots at the destroyers while the destroyer attacking the battleship for meager damage. On the anime, being versatile actually makes sense.

blitz1/2
2015-02-04, 19:45
Operation FS = Operation Flagship, to level that Fubuki as flagship. BRILLIANT!

Klashikari
2015-02-04, 19:49
Why doesn't Yuudachi hang out with her sister ships? (Not even in the same class as her, WTF?)
Probably for sake of having a quirky "boke" with Fubuki, although it doesn't make much sense for her not to hang around the other shiratsuyu, especially Shigure.
It is possible it will be the case now that she is assigned in another fleet.
Same with Fubuki, if they exist.They most likely didn't want to alienate the audience with Fubuki-class destroyers, especially it would make Fubuki "less unique" as a special destroyer.

Cyprene
2015-02-04, 19:55
It's neither 所詮 nor 初戦, actually. It is
瑞鶴 「緒戦でいきなり中破したのは、
どこの誰よ」

So yeah, the line is correctly translated.

Klashikari
2015-02-04, 19:58
As I stated above, 緒戦 would imply the very moment hostilities have started, which doesn't specifically refer to the "first battle". From that context, it does sound to me that Zuikaku meant "the very moment we started attacking".
In both cases, it doesn't contradict the assumption they were actually practising with another fleet.

Wild Goose
2015-02-04, 21:55
Mobile Unit 5 is actually a fairly well balanced striking group. Think about it - you've got two fleet carriers, a fast battleship, two torpedo CLs and a fast DD. This is a fairly versatile force that isn't too slow to get to where the action is. I'd personally prefer to have a few more CLs and DDs as screening units, but this is a solid setup given what resources the Admiral has - you have Kongo, Kaga and Zuikaku for the long range sunday punch, with Fubuki, Kitakami and Ooi to screen and harass enemies, and the latter three are fast enough to screen further ahead and then run the hell away if things get too dicey.

The thing about Fubuki is that she knows what to do in her head, she just hasn't actually done it for real, and she's working on getting that practical experience.

Furthermore, I submit that for a combat leader, while having martial ability and technical skill is important, it's also just as important to know what your subordinates can do and to get them all following the same playbook. None of the girls were able to get the others to follow them, but Fubuki was able to pull that off. Small unit leadership boils down to two words: Follow me. Fubuki has that.

She's also lucky in that as the newcomer she doesn't have any of the baggage that the rest of her fellow shipgirls have.

Vaans
2015-02-04, 22:16
I'm surprise Fubuki is a flagship along with a group of rather troublesome ships. Good thing big sister Kongou is with her.

That 'Who'll be flagship' competition was hilarious.

Eisdrache
2015-02-04, 22:20
Fubuki has the absolute best complaining scenes. Just like episode 4, where she face-rolled her head over the desk, this time she's lamenting Yuudachi's and Mutsuki's fleets.

Also wow at Shoukaku putting the burn on Kaga, although it doesn't quite get to the level of 'flight-deck-chest' wwww.

Top Sergeant
2015-02-04, 22:25
I loved how they handled the leadership competition!

"I'm in charge!" *boom*

"I'll lead this time!" *boom*

"I'll show you how its done!" *boom*

SaintessHeart
2015-02-04, 22:26
Did the CLT lesbo pair sank the abyssal ships with only 1 salvo? :heh:

And Kaga is so damn awesomely cool. I am surprised that her usual is not the same as Akagi's usual.

Zuikaku apparently became the buttmonkey. Flight deck chest lol.

Marcus H.
2015-02-04, 22:29
I loved how they handled the leadership competition!

"I'm in charge!" *boom*

"I'll lead this time!" *boom*

"I'll show you how its done!" *boom*

What I'm surprised about is that they didn't resort in the same explosions.
It was tempting to just use the same footage for that scene. :heh:

Eisdrache
2015-02-04, 22:34
Zuikaku should have just called Kaga Ooi top-heavy.

Marcus H.
2015-02-04, 22:41
Kongou asking for tea at bedtime?

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/818/314/c9c.png

Death Usagi
2015-02-04, 22:42
Did the CLT lesbo pair sank the abyssal ships with only 1 salvo? :heh:

And Kaga is so damn awesomely cool. I am surprised that her usual is not the same as Akagi's usual.

Zuikaku apparently became the buttmonkey. Flight deck chest lol.

We all know CLTs tend to 1-shot blast kill any enemies usually.

blitz1/2
2015-02-04, 22:45
We all know CLTs tend to 1-shot blast kill any enemies usually.

Although I don't know if this Kitakami or Ooi is kai 2 and do they have the midget sub equiped?

Random Wanderer
2015-02-04, 22:46
Hooray for Kongou! She's nuts enough that nobody really knows how to gainsay her, so she could toss her own ideas into the tense atmosphere without getting growled down.

Death Usagi
2015-02-04, 22:50
Although I don't know if this Kitakami or Ooi is kai 2 and do they have the midget sub equiped?

No idea if midget sub is equipped and KTKM and Ooi aren't Kai Ni. But the enemy was just standard Chi-class and few Enemy DDs so...

SaintessHeart
2015-02-04, 22:52
Lol yuri couple and tsun are very strong. The enemy flagship actually dodges firepower this time. Too bad Kitakami and Ooi are there (CLT is too strong). Speaking of Ooi, wow I really want to scrap her in my fleet. Way too bitchy imo :heh:

Also relevant,
http://i.imgur.com/nUQWoAM.png

Where is this from?

Marcus H.
2015-02-04, 23:05
Hooray for Kongou! She's nuts enough that nobody really knows how to gainsay her, so she could toss her own ideas into the tense atmosphere without getting growled down.

Her personality screams "Yuri Nakamura" at me.

http://images6.fanpop.com/image/photos/33000000/Yuri-laughing-yuri-yurippe-nakamura-33002962-500-600.gif

Random Wanderer
2015-02-04, 23:16
Her personality screams "Yuri Nakamura" at me.

Yuri had better focus, was smarter than Kongou presents herself, and tended to carry a core of anger that is nowhere to be seen in our lady fast battleship.

SaintessHeart
2015-02-04, 23:29

They are just Kai Ichi. 4x torpedo launchers per hand and long sleeves.

Non kai for them only has 2x per hand. Kai ni's has heavy duty look on it.

Next week. AKATSUKI LOLIS FTW! Should add Hoppo in for more loli love. Little girls are the best!

Ithekro
2015-02-04, 23:43
They aren't as maximum number of torpedoes yet for the two torpedo cruisers. Maximum is five quad launchers each at a time. That makes battleships and carriers vaporize. Even Yamato.

Yye1
2015-02-04, 23:48
which girls are in ep6 based on preview?

Requiem-x
2015-02-04, 23:55
which girls are in ep6 based on preview?

The Akatsuki class, the little girls you see in Fubuki's classroom wearing the same uniform.

They are easily some of the most popular and beloved girls in the whole fanbase, so there's a bit of hype.

cloud04
2015-02-04, 23:56
The Akatsuki class, the little girls you see in Fubuki's classroom wearing the same uniform.

They are easily some of the most popular and beloved girls in the whole fanbase, so there's a bit of hype.

aka loli division :D

Requiem-x
2015-02-05, 00:06
aka loli division :D

There are more, like the Asashio class, but the Akatsukis are without a doubt THE kancolle lolis.

IceHism
2015-02-05, 00:10
I'm so sad. I thought i'd get a whole episode just dedicated to aircraft carriers. ;_;

Too little shoukaku and akagi. Not even a sight of Hiryuu or Souryuu. Kitakami and ooi were so cute though. Kongou is always fun as usual. The interaction between kaga and zuikaku weren't that brilliant to me though.

I thought yuudachi would get into the same fleet with shigure.

SaintessHeart
2015-02-05, 00:33
They aren't as maximum number of torpedoes yet for the two torpedo cruisers. Maximum is five quad launchers each at a time. That makes battleships and carriers vaporize. Even Yamato.

I remember a video in which Ooi chucked a Hyoteki and 1HKO a boss in the opening move. There is no kill like overkill.

There are more, like the Asashio class, but the Akatsukis are without a doubt THE kancolle lolis.

6CIubsKrTm4

Kakurin
2015-02-05, 00:52
Book learning is fine. But if you want me to buy the girl we got through the first 4 episodes suddenly calmly issuing reliable tactical orders and making it all work....nope, not happening. All the explaining in the world is not going to make that any more believable from a character perspective.
Why shouldn't she be able to calmly issue reliable orders in that situation? It was pre-combat, the abyssals were still miles away. It is a perfect situation for going by the book. Wasn't like she was giving a firing speech in the midst of getting shelled by enemy battleships. And you seem to have missed the gradual progression she's made through. With each battle she's become more competent and secure in her belief in her own abilities.

Random Wanderer
2015-02-05, 01:13
Fubuki's weakness has never been in the technical knowledge of combat and being a kanmusu. It's always been in the practical physical application of that knowledge as it pertains to her directly. Her weaknesses have all been in her own physical abilities, not her mental ones. It makes perfect sense for her to be adept at tactics, because that's a mental exercise that falls exactly within the areas she would have studied, and doesn't touch at all on the areas where she's weak: ie her physical abilities.

Estavali
2015-02-05, 04:13
-Having a destroyer as a flagship isn't that uncommon for us players, since Flagship in the game is the most safe position, get additional bonus (better accuracy / evasion / chance to score a critical/double attack/cut-in), AND 50% more experience.

It seems that the anime chose to deviate from gameplay and follow military comman sense in this case though, with KTKM-sama commenting on how the flagship is also usually the one that draws the enemy's attention most.

It's funny how Shoukaku seems to hold a similar discontent against the First Carrier Division (or is she just angry Kaga was dissing them / her sister?) but instead of Zuikaku who goes head on, she does it discretely by implying Kaga would be the escort ship.

Tbh, I cheered when Shoukaku-nee gave Kaga that subtle little stab. Take that! :heehee:

Fandom usually show her as a sheeplike girl (that may or may not be a 1st CarDiv fangrill), but at least from this scene we can tell that there's steel under her wool =3. Unlike Zuikaku, she apparently knows how to handle the likes of Kaga, or least in a fashion better than her sister >=3

It's kinda like Momiji's case before and after Double Spoiler =3

Marina2
2015-02-05, 04:47
It seems that the anime chose to deviate from gameplay and follow military comman sense in this case though, with KTKM-sama commenting on how the flagship is also usually the one that draws the enemy's attention most.

Even If we take real military common sense into consideration, Fubuki, despite beng the flagship, will not be the first ship that get target by enemies. They probably aim at other ship first. :heh: (Except she goes to the front line like she did in current ep.)

bhl88
2015-02-05, 04:48
Fubuki's weakness has never been in the technical knowledge of combat and being a kanmusu. It's always been in the practical physical application of that knowledge as it pertains to her directly. Her weaknesses have all been in her own physical abilities, not her mental ones. It makes perfect sense for her to be adept at tactics, because that's a mental exercise that falls exactly within the areas she would have studied, and doesn't touch at all on the areas where she's weak: ie her physical abilities.

Fubuki was fired at though....

Ithekro
2015-02-05, 04:59
Fubuki, your name is not Yukikaze. Watch yourself as flagship.

Darth Fanta
2015-02-05, 05:38
Even If we take real military comman sense into consideration, Fubuki, despite beng the flagship, will not be the first ship that get target by enemies. They probably aim at other ship first. :heh: (Except she goes to the front line like she did in current ep.)

The enemy will never suspect that a tiny destroyer is actually the flagship of the fleet.

Ithekro
2015-02-05, 06:05
Traditionally, in naval combat, the first target is the closest one (or first one seen), regardless of what it is. This only changes if there is a priority target, such as a carrier or battleship that is considered a primary target. Otherwise, whoever is in front is going to receive a lot of fire.

Qikz
2015-02-05, 06:41
So I'm a big fan of Ooi, Kitakami, Kongou (the best) and Kaga so this new Kantai is pretty damn good in my book. The only thing that somewhat ruins it is Fubuki as I'm still not a big fan of her character. I understand she's the protagonist as she's the most "down to earth" kanmusu so far, but I somewhat prefer the characters who are more out there.

I am somewhat confused why they didn't just have Fubuki - Kongou - Kaga in one room and Zuikaku, Ooi and Kitakami in the other initially though as that would solve like all the problems they had haha.

Jimmy C
2015-02-05, 07:12
Because each room has three bunks and the people in charge of assigning quarters aren't going to leave one empty just because some of the occupants might feel awkward about the other occupants of the room.

Ithekro
2015-02-05, 07:22
Because Ooi want to be alone with Kitakami. Having Zuikaku (well anyone) there would disturb her for sure.

Random Wanderer
2015-02-05, 07:30
Fubuki was fired at though....

And she stopped exercising command at that point. She has been training, and we've seen clearly that she's been improving her weak areas, so her ability to avoid some of the incoming fire is not too surprising. However it appeared she did take a hit, so she's still weaker there than anywhere else.

chaosprophet
2015-02-05, 07:54
Because Ooi want to be alone with Kitakami. Having Zuikaku (well anyone) there would disturb her for sure.
In the end seems like the two end up with Kongou while Fubuki is with Kaga and Zuikaku.

Benigmatica
2015-02-05, 08:49
Is this the right idea to make Fubuki the flagship of the 5th Mobile Unit?

I mean, she's putting herself at great risk against the Abyssal Fleet. I'm okay if she was upgraded, but I don't think Diomedia would get into that part!

Estavali
2015-02-05, 08:52
In the end seems like the two end up with Kongou while Fubuki is with Kaga and Zuikaku.

Which is worse for Ooichi on hindsight, since Fubuki and Zuikaku are not likely to disturb her rabu-rabu. Kaga would probably just cough and silently express her disapproval but Ooichi would probably ignore her anyway.

Kongou? IT'S TEA TIME DESU! and run over her objections like a stampede :D

chaosprophet
2015-02-05, 09:05
I mean, she's putting herself at great risk against the Abyssal Fleet. I'm okay if she was upgraded, but I don't think Diomedia would get into that part!
At least they have the KP (Kongou Punch) Shell Interception system on the fleet.

AC-Phoenix
2015-02-05, 10:18
Well I kinda pity fubuki.
The Kitagami CL's (even though just one of them is mean) AND Zuikaku and Kaga.

I really got no idea how the admiral came to this fleet constellation.

Zuikaku and Akagi and Shokaku and kaga would have been a far better atmosphere within the fleet, even if Kaga would continue to be an arse.
Instead he put two girls who clearly don't get along together (Catfight anyone?). Shokaku might not be exhilarated by Kaga either but they can at least work together.

I also agree on Kongou's opening statement that she should have been the Flagship, since she can take most hits. My guess is that she forgot that the other ships (especially the carriers) don't have as much armor as she has, thus they all eneded up in the bath.

Hen na hanashi btw - In the Battlestations: Pacific misison where you have to sink Shokaku and Zuikaku the American fleet composition ends up as:

USS Enterprise + screen
USS Hornet + screen
USS South Dakota + screen

How is this relevant?

Enterprise has 2 CLs + 2 Destroyers as her Screen while Hornet comes with 1 CL and 1 Destroyer.

Since the Hornet's CLtends to lay in a stupid autocourse right into the Kongou sisters who make a cameo in that mission, you probably end up pretty much with the same fleet constellation Mobile unit 5 has, just with more destroyers.

Also... How to insult a carrier: 'You flight deck chest!' :heh:

Death Usagi
2015-02-05, 10:32
Am I the only one who thinks that later on, Fubuki may make a misjudgment which will cost someone's life?

Where is this from?

http://donmai.us/posts/1879728

chaosprophet
2015-02-05, 10:34
Am I the only one who thinks that later on, Fubuki may make a misjudgment which will cost someone's life?
I can see that happening but not sure if likely.

ReinZwei
2015-02-05, 10:54
Don't know, but Ooi always strikes my nerve.... -_- really hate her bitchy side.

Qikz
2015-02-05, 11:48
Don't know, but Ooi always strikes my nerve.... -_- really hate her bitchy side.

I guess that just shows people have different tastes, because I love that side of her. Saying that I also thought Yozora > Sena which your avatar seems to have the opposite so I guess there's some parallels of personality here :heh:

Eisdrache
2015-02-05, 11:57
I dislike both Sena and Yozora, but I don't seem to mind Ooi that much for some reason.

Fellen
2015-02-05, 12:13
I also like Ooi. Her bitching and love for KTKM are both entertaining.

James Rye
2015-02-05, 12:16
Lolz, "flight deck chest", what a shipgirl insult. XD

Kaga! Yay! More screentime for her! And showing off her cute (well more like cute stuff making xD) side as well! <3
Zuikaku is great as well, I can see her becoming a good friend of Fubuki. :D

It is a crazy fleet but with an impossible Flagship like Fubuki, they should be able to blast away everything in their path! xD

2 episodes with nobody getting sunk! Let's hope the 6th div. won't be the next episode with sunk scenes! Or hope for it, whatever you like. xD

Klashikari
2015-02-05, 12:48
I know. This is pretty clear ever since episode 1. I just commented it considering how ironic it is when you consider the game. This could actually explain the admiral decision :heh:

Anyway, I didn't want to bring this up so early, but the episode still gave me quite a lot of worries in term of productions.
While the characters balance was more or less fine, it was sakuga that got a hit.

-I didn't bother screencapping considering how often it was screwed up, but Zuikaku's twintails are quite variable: sometimes they look as dense as Hatsune Miku, other times, they look normal compared to her art.

-Shoukaku scene made her look pretty stiff in general, almost as if she was like a robot

-Kaga got the major shafts in two scenes:

1) Missing hand...? She got her left hand back the very next second.
http://i.imgur.com/kVDnJAQl.jpg

2) Well now, she literally disappeared right before the cut ends with Fubuki's charge.
http://blog-imgs-64.fc2.com/y/a/r/yaraon/Us9OI7R.gif

Really, it almost looks like the staff put most of their efforts on Kongou and Fubuki, and the check was rushed to hell.
Funnily enough, we can tell the director preference, considering Zuikaku's gearing sequence despite Kongou didn't even get hers.

Of course, the sakuga isn't melting or anything, but since the series already got its workload cut with many CGI cuts that even replace scenes that could have been done in 2D, it makes me wonder what the hell Kadokawa is doing with the budget, or if Diomedéa schedule isn't collapsing already.

I think they should really check things with orange (the studio doing the CGI), because it is arguably not the first time there are mishaps.
And no more 3DCGI Kaga please, she looked like a puppet when she was about to send her reconnaissance planes...

Marina2
2015-02-05, 13:37
^
You sure have good eyes. I didn't even see those errors in my watch.

In (1) I think they intend to draw her holding the cup with her left hand but they later forgot about it and change to her right hand.

In (2) LOL

Seihai
2015-02-05, 13:41
I wonder if the people who are in charge of those things tend to notice their mistakes when they watch the full episode. I didn't notice them either until mentioned. Well, except Zuikaku's clobby hair, you can't miss that.

SaintessHeart
2015-02-05, 13:42
it makes me wonder what the hell Kadokawa is doing with the budget, or if Diomedéa schedule isn't collapsing already.

They spent it all on this.

http://i.imgur.com/jEwEBRg.gif

Cost per frame isn't cheap you know. :heh:

Seriously, I think they changed the storyline after the generally negative audience feedback over Kisaragi's sinking. In the current one Akagi didn't sink......at least not yet.

Klashikari
2015-02-05, 13:46
It is very unlikely they would able to do that. Anime production takes weeks for a single episode. Episode 3 probably got delivered weeks ago, and if they were to change the direction of the anime, the result wouldn't even appear before episode 8.

Sheba
2015-02-05, 13:55
Keep in mind that they stated that it would be 70% SoL 30% Battles. Seriously, the shift to a more light-hearted tone have nothing to do with public's reaction, it WAS planned.

It was even stated somewhere that they were going to use individual episodes to focus on one group, explaining the 6th episode preview. However, while the preview of episode 5 let us expect a full focus on the Carriers' hijinks and Kaga x Zuikaku's sitcom, the actual episode showed otherwise and reminded us that KC animated series IS still about Fubuki.

Therefore, while you DesDiv6 fans are jumping in joy at the prospect of a full episode about DesDiv6, lower your expectations a bit. Because it's likely also about Fubuki too.

Death Usagi
2015-02-05, 13:59
Is it because Diomedea is like doing a lot of anime series this season or what the hell is wrong with them?

Requiem-x
2015-02-05, 14:21
Therefore, while you DesDiv6 fans are jumping in joy at the prospect of a full episode about DesDiv6, lower your expectations a bit. Because it's likely also about Fubuki too.

It's not like Fubuki is a bad MC, so its cool.

Is it because Diomedea is like doing a lot of anime series this season or what the hell is wrong with them?

They are, actually, three more, all fantasy LN adaptations. Not following any of them, so can't speak about the quality.

FlavoryFantasy
2015-02-05, 15:03
Fubuki's fantasizing of Akagi & her woes of her new fleet in the first half were adorable. The bittersweet, but hopeful last night with Torpedo squad 3 was quite nicely done too. Definitely wouldn't have thought Buki would end up being the flagship (at any point really...) So that was a nice surprise there. Poor Ooi though, bunking it up with Kongou. :heh:

Also yay for the short Mamiya screen time!

Oh and yes, quite disappointing Kaga or Kongou didn't get equip scenes either.

IceHism
2015-02-05, 16:29
Keep in mind that they stated that it would be 70% SoL 30% Battles. Seriously, the shift to a more light-hearted tone have nothing to do with public's reaction, it WAS planned.

It was even stated somewhere that they were going to use individual episodes to focus on one group, explaining the 6th episode preview. However, while the preview of episode 5 let us expect a full focus on the Carriers' hijinks and Kaga x Zuikaku's sitcom, the actual episode showed otherwise and reminded us that KC animated series IS still about Fubuki.

That's not really true. Episode 4 had all the fast BBs except bismarck and still focused on fubuki. You don't even get enough carrier hijinks here.

So next episode could be anything really. I'll be disappointed if 6th div don't take up most of the episode.

NorthernFallout
2015-02-05, 16:57
As a non-KC gamer atm, I had yet to be exposed to the mega-energetic Kongou as much as others. I was only vaguely familiar with the BURNINGU ROVU.

After E4 and E5, well, she's grown a lot on me and probably moved up to the Top 3 on my list. I just love every scene she's in. Ofc, t'was an enjoyable episode in general. I really like the dynamic interactions between the girls so far.

ACertainStark
2015-02-05, 17:31

Fubuki is great so all is well on that front. The interactions with them is what I look forward to.

blakstealth
2015-02-05, 18:12
As a non-KC gamer atm, I had yet to be exposed to the mega-energetic Kongou as much as others. I was only vaguely familiar with the BURNINGU ROVU.

After E4 and E5, well, she's grown a lot on me and probably moved up to the Top 3 on my list. I just love every scene she's in. Ofc, t'was an enjoyable episode in general. I really like the dynamic interactions between the girls so far.More Kongou is absolutely fuckin welcome. I melt every time she talks.

And Fubuki really showed what she was made of in this episode. I'm proud.

Death Usagi
2015-02-05, 19:15
Apparently a lot of fans are pretty worried if someone will sink next episode... derp...

Ithekro
2015-02-05, 19:41
Next episode will probably be classroom antics more than anything else. I doubt there will even be a battle. They have 20 or so minutes to explore all aspects of these four destroyers (with probably pointing out what Hibiki's been doing the who time with her Russian words). Though given their prominated placement in the as escorts for the main battlegroups, they are probably rather experianced compared to Flagship Fubuki.

Unless they wanted to go into those four's tramas, which seems unlikely give that this is still Fukubi's show. Unless Fubuki's sister ship Miyuki comes up....Inazuma's trama.

Death Usagi
2015-02-05, 19:47
Next episode will probably be classroom antics more than anything else. I doubt there will even be a battle. They have 20 or so minutes to explore all aspects of these four destroyers (with probably pointing out what Hibiki's been doing the who time with her Russian words). Though given their prominated placement in the as escorts for the main battlegroups, they are probably rather experianced compared to Flagship Fubuki.

Unless they wanted to go into those four's tramas, which seems unlikely give that this is still Fukubi's show. Unless Fubuki's sister ship Miyuki comes up....Inazuma's trama.

I guess you didn't read the next episode's name....

Next episode is Akatsuki Lolis episode where they fight in World 4-2, Curry Ocean, which makes sense because in the game, the branching rules state that you must have 2 or more Destroyers to go to an easier route of node A to E, which does fit how they will be sortieing there (Except you only need like 2 DD and rest can be filled with other ships to your liking in the game)

http://i.imgur.com/K6BtEWA.jpg

Marina2
2015-02-05, 20:03

Why did you think we didn't expect Fubuki to be in there anyway?

Fubuki interaction with them will be interesting and funny. What more important is the story in ep. Will Fubuki learn something from them?, etc.

OR maybe Yuudachi and Mutsuki will be put into their team (5+ DDs in a team???) insted of Fubuki + someone else and go out for some missions but something go wrong and Fubuki will lead her team to help them. There is also a chance that this is big scale operation like in ep.1 where each Akatsuki is put into different division.

BTW, next ep. will mark the half point of the series. If something important to the plot will happen, it will happen here.

Ithekro
2015-02-05, 20:10
Curry Ocean...getting past Hiei.

chaosprophet
2015-02-05, 20:33
BTW, next ep. will mark the half point of the series. If something important to the plot will happen, it will happen here.

With 12 episodes, episode 6 and 7 are equally the half point of the series.

Curry Ocean is really the name of a map in the game.

Estavali
2015-02-06, 05:06
Seriously, I think they changed the storyline after the generally negative audience feedback over Kisaragi's sinking. In the current one Akagi didn't sink......at least not yet.

It is very unlikely they would able to do that. Anime production takes weeks for a single episode. Episode 3 probably got delivered weeks ago, and if they were to change the direction of the anime, the result wouldn't even appear before episode 8.

I found this extract of an interview while visiting the Bahamut forums:
https://farm9.staticflickr.com/8682/16416226575_1576ed4997_o.jpg
My sauce: From Bahamut forums (http://forum.gamer.com.tw/Co.php?bsn=24698&sn=37791&subbsn=0)
Original sauce: From acg.178.com (http://acg.178.com/201501/216326064000.html)

According to this interview, the anime's story remains true to what has been set down by series creator Tanaka Kensuke from the beginning.
http://www.famitsu.com/images/000/039/659/l_522b304dda748.jpg
It mentions that after going through the original draft, Yasuda Takeshi (executive producer of the anime) voiced his opinion about what he felt should be changed and why. Tanaka listened to Yasuda's reason and agreed to make changes to part of the finale. From there on, the script-writers and all simply did their part based on the story outline given to them.

In other words, Kisaragi's sinking followed by Kongou's antics and all are there from the very beginning. Tanaka's vision for the anime is to tell a story where the fun goes hand-in-hand with the serious, and to move on forward even if it's painful.

To be fair, given the amount of exposure DesDiv 6 has so far, it would be strange to let them vanish without going into them properly =3

Of course, if Tanaka wants them dead, no doubt Hibiki would be left behind, as usual. Hahahaha, the trauma, the pain, the screams of their fans; it would be so sweet >=D

Curry Ocean is really the name of a map in the game.

Curry Ocean is based on the Indian Ocean, which I guess.... explains the name, especially from a Japanese PoV :heh:

SaintessHeart
2015-02-06, 06:13
Guys, the name "Hiei" and the term "curry" are mutually exclusive. :heh:

Sheba
2015-02-06, 06:19
It's not if Hiei's curry is of the south-east asian variety.

Top Sergeant
2015-02-06, 08:47
Hiei's curry is its own food group. :D

risingstar3110
2015-02-07, 01:18
Finally has just watched the episode just now. And...

2 fleet carriers, 1 battleship, 2 torpedoes and a destroyer do not work? Fools. That is one of the strongest combination involving Fubuki :D
(But yeah as Death Usagi pointed out, the Admiral is setting up this fleet to power-leveling up Fubuki. Even down to have Fubuki as flagship. This guy is quite an expert. The shitty RNG just screwed him up with sinking ships at full health, that's all)

ronelm2000
2015-02-07, 04:14

2 fleet carriers, 1 battleship, 2 torpedoes and a destroyer do not work? Fools. That is one of the strongest combination involving Fubuki :D
(But yeah as Death Usagi pointed out, the Admiral is setting up this fleet to power-leveling up Fubuki. Even down to have Fubuki as flagship. This guy is quite an expert. The shitty RNG just screwed him up with sinking ships at full health, that's all)

I have a strong feeling the reason why the Admiral was gone during EP 4 was to have some alone time to cry for Kisaragi. :uhoh:

Xero8420
2015-02-07, 06:07
^
The admiral must be sentimental over the unexpected loss then. :heh:

Exactly what I thought. Buki is the MC, after all. :D

Though I was reluctant to say it out as it was inappropriate in here. :heh:

ronelm2000
2015-02-07, 07:58
3 proofs the Admiral is You and is Promoting Fubuki as MC.
(1) Akagi using Bucket exactly when Fubuki (and we) were in the Bath.
(2) Admiral gone in EP4.
(3) the Admiral set up the entire fleet to level up Fubuki, exactly how it's usually done in the game itself.

AC-Phoenix
2015-02-07, 08:03

The flagship was not his decision though, but the other ship's. The admiral likely intended for Kongou to be the Flagship since the awareness of the flagship getting hit most was already stated

3 proofs the Admiral is You and is Promoting Fubuki as MC.
(1) Akagi using Bucket exactly when Fubuki (and we) were in the Bath.
(2) Admiral gone in EP4.
(3) the Admiral set up the entire fleet to level up Fubuki, exactly how it's usually done in the game itself.

I'd like the part of my brain that put Zuikaku instead of Shoukaku together with Kaga lobotomized then please, because there is no way he didn't know they don't get along.
Don't get me wrong here btw I see the advantages of mixing 2 carrier generations (especially since Akagi and Kaga never heard of a Reppu), but Shoukaku might have gotten along with Kaga better.

blitz1/2
2015-02-07, 08:52

Nope, Kisaragi was Taihaed from the beginning of the battle (see Ashigara's chalk). Unfortunately, Teitoku wasn't aware of such a mistake and Kisaragi just got a spare uniform rather than entering the docks, hence why she sank. So it's all ashigara's fault.

chaosprophet
2015-02-07, 10:20
Thinking about it, it's a good idea to have Fubuki develop as flagship/commander whose one of high points is using her head. Because while she is getting stronger, there is a limit that she can become as a destroyer and in the end there isn't really one kind of ship better than all others, but each have their role.

AC-Phoenix
2015-02-07, 17:49
I just wonder what made them choose who sleeps in which room.

I mean Kongou and the Kitagami sisters?

And moreover Kaga and Zuikaku?

I kinda expected Fubuki, Kongou Zuikaku and Kitagami's + Kaga tbh

chaosprophet
2015-02-07, 17:58
@AC-Phoenix

It does seems like Ooi and Kitakami were already with their things in one room and Zuikaku and Kaga in the other. They wanted to change but after the battle seems like they just stayed where they were at initially. and then as each room is for 3, Kongou went to one while Fubuki to the other.

bhl88
2015-02-07, 20:17
What made the party unbalanced?
It seems like
Fire Wizard
Water Wizard
Knight
Lesbian Archers
Thief/Assassin...

Ithekro
2015-02-07, 21:33
The torpedo cruiser pair are massive overkill for firepower with the addition of a battlecruiser and two fleet cruisers. Only one escorting destroyer seems to be the odd pair with the torpedo cruisers that aren't quite light cruisers anymore.

bhl88
2015-02-07, 21:59
Oh is that why they are so unbalanced?

I was thinking the unbalance is too much carrier and no ASW Yuubari/Ooyodo

Someone explained:
- not a lot of shelling power
- 4-5 ships lose firepower capacity at moderate damage (destroyers and torpedo cruisers failing torpedo launch and carriers not launching planes)
- DD lacking firepower

Sheba
2015-02-08, 01:00
I just wonder what made them choose who sleeps in which room.

I mean Kongou and the Kitagami sisters?

And moreover Kaga and Zuikaku?

I kinda expected Fubuki, Kongou Zuikaku and Kitagami's + Kaga tbh

Think about it. For someone like Ooi, you needed someone who is either very dense or have such an overwhelming personality that Ooi's burst of lesrage and jealousy means nothing. Who else better than Kongou can do that job?

As for Kaga and Zuikaku, you need someone who can mediate between both of them. Fubuki can do the job. Also towel rabbit.

Ithekro
2015-02-08, 02:02
Kongo might not be able to survive that massive of a torpedo spread, but she'd old enough to know when to turn and when to maintian course.

Also the English born returnee just really doesn't care. Not much phases her really if it doesn't have something to do with the Admiral.

bhl88
2015-02-08, 02:03
Kongo might not be able to survive that massive of a torpedo spread, but she'd old enough to know when to turn and when to maintian course.

Also the English born returnee just really doesn't care. Not much phases her really if it doesn't have something to do with the Admiral.

It seems like Kongou + Fubuki is the balancer overall for Kaga+Zuikaku and KTKM/Ooi.

AC-Phoenix
2015-02-08, 02:12

WWII Record for torpedo hits was 19 direct hits, that was Musashi though.
And Kongou actually has a good chance to evade them giving her speed.

Xero8420
2015-02-08, 08:13
Oh is that why they are so unbalanced?

I was thinking the unbalance is too much carrier and no ASW Yuubari/Ooyodo

Someone explained:
- not a lot of shelling power
- 4-5 ships lose firepower capacity at moderate damage (destroyers and torpedo cruisers failing torpedo launch and carriers not launching planes)
- DD lacking firepower

Buki being a flagship granted "plot armor", as the flagship is less likely to be targeted and damaged by the Abyssal.

Ithekro
2015-02-08, 08:19
Her best armor right now is the timely protection from the carriers and Kongo.

bhl88
2015-02-08, 18:45
Buki being a flagship granted "plot armor", as the flagship is less likely to be targeted and damaged by the Abyssal.

Based on the interview, it seems she'd be the only survivor on her team....

AC-Phoenix
2015-02-08, 22:17

Don't tell me they are going to sink Kongou :twitch:
I can forsee the next shitstorm on twitter already lol

bhl88
2015-02-08, 22:51
Don't tell me they are going to sink Kongou :twitch:
I can forsee the next shitstorm on twitter already lol

I was thinking Kaga, Zuikaku, Kongou, Kitakami, Ooi, leaving Fubuki as the only survivor in this anime. Then Fubuki learns that Mutsuki, Sendai, Jintsuu, Yuudachi, Naka has sunk. And Akagi.

Thus she was determined to push forward....

Is probably what the interview meant.

I'm gonna cry if Fubuki loses all of her friends.

Estavali
2015-02-08, 22:54
I was thinking Kaga, Zuikaku, Kongou, Kitakami, Ooi, leaving Fubuki as the only survivor in this anime. Then Fubuki learns that Mutsuki, Sendai, Jintsuu, Yuudachi, Naka has sunk. And Akagi.

Which interview is this? O_O

AC-Phoenix
2015-02-08, 22:57

I have my doubts they are going to sink Kongou - at least not if they want to sell their BluRays :heh:

bhl88
2015-02-08, 23:25
My sauce: From Bahamut forums (http://forum.gamer.com.tw/Co.php?bsn=24698&sn=37791&subbsn=0)

According to this interview, the anime's story remains true to what has been set down by series creator Tanaka Kensuke from the beginning.
It mentions that after going through the original draft, Yasuda Takeshi (executive producer of the anime) voiced his opinion about what he felt should be changed and why. Tanaka listened to Yasuda's reason and agreed to make changes to part of the finale. From there on, the script-writers and all simply did their part based on the story outline given to them.

In other words, Kisaragi's sinking followed by Kongou's antics and all are there from the very beginning. Tanaka's vision for the anime is to tell a story where the fun goes hand-in-hand with the serious, and to move on forward even if it's painful.

Of course, if Tanaka wants them dead, no doubt Hibiki would be left behind, as usual. Hahahaha, the trauma, the pain, the screams of their fans; it would be so sweet >=D

This one made me think negative things will happen (that Fubuki will be the only survivor)

Ithekro
2015-02-08, 23:37
Eh, I think of that as reading into it too much. Especially if they even attempted to go historical, since Kitakami survived the war (and Fubuki definately did not)

bhl88
2015-02-08, 23:48
Now I know how Ooi didn't survive....

Ooi: KITAKAMI-SAN, I SHALL PROTECT YOU AT THE COST OF MY- *explosion*

Estavali
2015-02-08, 23:56
This one made me think negative things will happen (that Fubuki will be the only survivor)

Eh, I think of that as reading into it too much. Especially if they even attempted to go historical, since Kitakami survived the war (and Fubuki definately did not)

^ What Ithekro said. If Tanaka had really wanted things to go the way you said, he would have gotten someone with the Tomino Touch as the main script-writer instead =3

Ithekro
2015-02-09, 00:20
Now I know how Ooi didn't survive....

Ooi: KITAKAMI-SAN, I SHALL PROTECT YOU AT THE COST OF MY- *explosion*

Oddly, if history was followed, Kitakami wasn't even there when Oi was sunk by an American submarine. (July 19th, 1944)

Kitakami was in a Navy Yard in the Philippines being repaired from damage caused by a British submarine six months earlier. It took going back to Japan to get the leaks fixed that she had for almost the entire year of 1944.

risingstar3110
2015-02-09, 00:36
Oddly, if history was followed, Kitakami wasn't even there when Oi was sunk by an American submarine. (July 19th, 1944)

Kitakami was in a Navy Yard in the Philippines being repaired from damage caused by a British submarine six months earlier. It took going back to Japan to get the leaks fixed that she had for almost the entire year of 1944.
That's why she's trying so hard now to stick to KTKM, obviously. Don't want the history to repeat

bhl88
2015-02-09, 00:51
So that's why Ooi is the yandere lesbian...

Xero8420
2015-02-09, 01:09

To be fair, given the amount of exposure DesDiv 6 has so far, it would be strange to let them vanish without going into them properly =3

Sacrilege... O_O

James Rye
2015-02-09, 19:11

That'd be pretty ballsy/hardcore of the studio. Most watchers/Kancolle players would get the sadz disease if that were to happen. xD

hoshino_crimsonwings
2015-02-10, 01:02
Holy shit. That is horrible.

bhl88
2015-02-10, 03:01
Modification: Best way is to send Hibiki to a trip to Russia in the Northern Seas. She comes back as Verniy and becomes the biggest hero ever.
Marriage: Should come somewhere but it will probably be Fubuki.

cloud04
2015-02-10, 03:15
Modification: Best way is to send Hibiki to a trip to Russia in the Northern Seas. She comes back as Verniy and becomes the biggest hero ever.

i doubt they'll do that...+ i bet you its gonna be a bloodbath, atleast for kongou

AC-Phoenix
2015-02-10, 07:14

I doub they'll, and hope they won't, do a marriage scene with a maybe 14 year old.
If it comes it will more likely be Ashigara, Kongou, Nagato (who is btw the secretary ship too), or Yamato.

SaintessHeart
2015-02-10, 11:37
I doub they'll, and hope they won't, do a marriage scene with a maybe 14 year old.
If it comes it will more likely be Ashigara, Kongou, Nagato (who is btw the secretary ship too), or Yamato.

What is wrong with a marriage to a 14-year-old. Happens around the world with each passing minute.

AC-Phoenix
2015-02-10, 13:43
What is wrong with a marriage to a 14-year-old. Happens around the world with each passing minute.

According to Wikipedia its even possible in some US states, it is bound to the parents agreement, or substituitively a courts though.

Austria has the same system for underage marriage, although one partner needs to be at least 16 or 17 while the other one has to be at least 18.

That it still happens in other countries without such mechanism to protect the underaged party doesn't make it right though.
Its a matter of the average 14 year old not being able to make this decision and being aware of the consequences.

Of course it happens in 3rd world countries, which is abolutely no wonder condiering the mortality rate

So now that I basically answered whats wrong with it it is just fair to ask 'What isn't wrong with it?'

In the case of the Ship/Fleet girls we don't even know who the parents are.

- Do they have parents and the ships soul is literally reborn into a human with all the Gadgets added later or are they literally build or being similar to the heroic spirits in fate.

If it is the former: Do they even still recognize their family as their family or do they treat them like complete strangers?

In any case Japan is hopefully a bit further than that, and considering how they took a whole lot of germany's civil law parents or a court likely have to agree to underage mariage.

So despite the fact that Kongou would jump in an object ('Fire!!!!! Burniiing Loooveee!' :heh:), who would agree for Fubuki? The raft commandant?

I mean the admiral wouldn't be the first one with strange marriages (i believe I read someone married the eiffel tower) so why not a ship too? :heh: -I'd just wonder who shipped them ;)

bhl88
2015-02-10, 13:55
Do ships even have age in Kancolle? I thought the age represented their class (and/or level).... that means omg Fubuki is 99 years olddddd~ (level 99)

chaosprophet
2015-02-10, 14:46
Do ships even have age in Kancolle? I thought the age represented their class (and/or level).... that means omg Fubuki is 99 years olddddd~ (level 99)

Game wise they are design with the idea that smaller ships are younger while bigger ships looks older.

Anime story wise, it's unknown. I do think they age though, as the destroyers do seems to be treated by the older looking girls as if they're young and new while the older looking seems to be veterans.

Death Usagi
2015-02-11, 09:45
Something I realized last night, but I definitely think Episode 7 will be based on Nagato and Mutsu.

Considering the anime has been referencing numbers of certain squadron or nickname towards the episodes (Ex. Episode 4 = 4 Kongous, Episode 5 = The new 5th Squadron, Episode 6 = 6th Destroyer Division), Episode 7 most likely be Big 7 episode.

AC-Phoenix
2015-02-11, 10:20
Something I realized last night, but I definitely think Episode 7 will be based on Nagato and Mutsu.

Considering the anime has been referencing numbers of certain squadron or nickname towards the episodes (Ex. Episode 4 = 4 Kongous, Episode 5 = The new 5th Squadron, Episode 6 = 6th Destroyer Division), Episode 7 most likely be Big 7 episode.

I can already see it in my mind...

Ep 7: Nagato's daily struggles: The Admiral's new fireplace

Ep summary:
The amdiral decided that his office is far to cold, as a result he decided to replace his cabinet for a fireplace.
However one of the Nagato sisters is not amused and tries everything to stop the new fireplaces installation...
Can Nagato stop her little sister's shennanigans?

:heh: