PDA

View Full Version : KanColle - Episode 7 Discussion / Poll

Klashikari
2015-02-18, 11:01
Welcome to the discussion thread for KanColle, Episode 7.

Thread Guidelines

Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
Spoilers or hints about future events must not be posted in this thread.
If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message (http://forums.animesuki.com/faq.php?faq=vb_board_usage#faq_vb_pm_explain), or seek out a more appropriate thread.
Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
Be polite to your fellow forum members.
Please try to keep the discussion on-topic.
Character bashing is not on-topic and will not be tolerated.
Do not post multiple times in a row. Please edit your existing post if you wish to add additional thoughts.

Episode Thread Spoiler Policy

Any comment that discloses events, characters, plot or other information before it is revealed in the anime is expressly forbidden whether or not it is behind spoiler tags.
Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
Please consult the AnimeSuki Spoiler Policy (http://forums.animesuki.com/faq.php?faq=animesuki_faq#faq_spoilerpolicy) for more information.
Adding a Spoiler tag:

spoiler.gif
Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
Make sure that you include a useful title!
Please use the Report button if you see any inappropriate spoilers:

report.gif
Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
locate and deal with problems quickly.
Posting inappropriate spoilers may result in a ban.
Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.

Klashikari
2015-02-18, 11:21
PART A
-Ooyodo receives intel from the radio. Operation FS is on the move.

-Fubuki's fleet is on sortie. Things look "fine" to some extent (even though Zuikaku and Kaga are still arguing). Zuikaku is still trying to show off, not realizing there is a torpedo about to hit her. Kaga quickly rushes at her and took the hit instead.

-Back at the base, Kaga is severely damaged. Fubuki apologizes for not being able to prevent that incident, but Kaga assures her it wasn't her fault. Zuikaku is frustrated that Kaga is acting cool despite it was her very own fault that lead to Kaga's state. That said, Kaga argues that Zuikaku was probably going to sink and considered that she would be able to sustain the torpedo damage. Even if she isn't fond of the Fifth Carrier Dvision, losing Zuikaku would be a severe loss which would affect the admiral as well.

-Kongou tries to lighten the mood, but unfortunately, there isn't much resources available for that kind of emergency repair. Even now, Akagi is still in the bath being repaired, so there is no bucket available for Kaga. Shoukaku asks Nagato if she can take Kaga's place so they can proceed with the operation.

-Fubuki is quite anxious about her ability as the flagship. She is summoned to the Admiral room. Fubuki is obviously very tense, but Nagato doesn't blame her at all.

-Yuubari's squadron as well as Tenryuu and Tatsuta's are making a sortie.

-Kaga is under repair. Akagi believes they will be fine since they were protected by Kaga, although Kaga still pretends she didn't protect zuikaku.

Eyecatch: Kaga, by Shibafu

PART B
-Fubuki's squadron is close to their target. Fubuki asks Shoukaku and Zuikaku to launch their reconnaissance planes even though there is still time before the start of the operation.

-They receive a report from another fleet. Shouhou, another carrier, has been severely damaged nearby.
Zuikaku wants to launch more planes, but there is no rush as they believe they should wait for their reconnaissance.
After receiving the reconnaissance intel, Shoukaku and Zuikaku launch their attack planes. As the Wo class is trying to launch her plane, Shoukaku's plane managed to drop a bomb on it, disabling it.

-Fubuki will move forward with Kongou, Ooi and Kitakami, while Shoukaku and Zuikaku are to stay behind as they still have a job to do. The squall is nearby, and as Zuikaki complain she would have liked to show her prowess to Kaga, they are suddenly attacked by enemy planes. An enemy fleet with a Flagship wo come from the other side of the island and attack both carriers.
Shoukaku is severely damaged. Zuikaku is unable to launch her planes. Shoukaku asks Zuikaku to leave her, but obviously Zuikaku refuses. As she is unable to defend herself and her sister, she picks Shoukaku up and tries to get away

-Zuikaku is at her wit's end but remembers of Kaga's words, looking for a small glimpse of hope amdist despair. She decides to go straight to the squall, forcing the enemy fleet to circumvent it

-Fubuki and the rest obliterated the enemies around but realize that if the Abyssals already figured about their plan, that means they probably knew the carriers would be left around.

-As Zuikaku almost passing through the squall completely, but the enemy fleet managed to outpace them and is waiting for them. Zuikaku is preparing her planes for launch the very moment they are outside of the squall. Unfortunately, even though she managed to launch them, the enemy quickly obliterated her planes the moment they took off.

-As they were about to shot down, Fubuki barges in and disrupt the enemy line, while Zuikaku planes manage to land a hit on the enemy fleet. Kongou, Ooi and Kitakami soon join the fray and destroyed most of the enemy fleet. As a torpedo was about to destroy the flagship wo class, the remaining ri class covered the latter. Severely damaged and alone, the wo class runs away on the spot.

Next week: Yamato, FINALLY.

Stark700
2015-02-18, 11:32
I feel somewhat trolled lol. All the death flags but they survived :p

Kaga and Akagi in the baths though....

Kakurin
2015-02-18, 11:34
This instance they chose to somewhat follow the script again.

Operation MO. Shōkaku ends up heavily damaged but doesn't sink. Shōhō also, not sure though whether she sunk. Just like at Coral Sea.

Next time: Hotel-chan Yamato

Pays off when you know a bit about history, haha. When they mentioned MO and Shōkaku getting in I expected a taiha Shōkaku, but no sinking. :heh:

Kopi
2015-02-18, 11:39
Wo's getting that BRS eye means payback is going to be a biatch. Finally Yamato lol.

SaintessHeart
2015-02-18, 11:54
Zuikaga is on a roll on Pixiv soon. Looks like they are going to be the favourite couple surpassing AKKG and Kitaooi.

And Kaga gets another girl. Like a boss. :heh:

panzerfan
2015-02-18, 11:58
Well, if it's Coral Sea with this ep, then that's to come is Midway...

Kakurin
2015-02-18, 12:04
Well, if it's Coral Sea with this ep, then that's to come is Midway...
Still not convinced by that inevitability. It should be noteworthy, that the directors chose to codename this operation FS. FS was the operation that got pushed back (and then cancelled) due to Yamamoto's insistence on Midway. I don't think as of now it's a stretch to say that the directors might go alternate by FS replacing Midway.

Seihai
2015-02-18, 12:49
Great episode. Some of the action scenes had me on the edge. I particularly liked Wo's gestures, they show that the Abyssals aren't just wild monsters but instead very intelligent entities that can follow elaborate strategies like they did here to encircle Shoukaku and Zuikaku.

As expected they shed more light on the relationship between Zuikaku x Kaga. As a Zuikaku fan myself I can only appreciate this. I also cracked up when they started showing the girls in CG then switched to Zuikaku and she wasn't in CG... bias much? :heh:

Only gist I have is when Shoukaku was carried by Zuikaku and the camera focused a bit too much on their close up faces. That seemed odd literally switching between faces.

Marina2
2015-02-18, 12:59
Still not convinced by that inevitability. It should be noteworthy, that the directors chose to codename this operation FS. FS was the operation that got pushed back (and then cancelled) due to Yamamoto's insistence on Midway. I don't think as of now it's a stretch to say that the directors might go alternate by FS replacing Midway.

They can make always make Midway ep. and cancel FS operation later due to what "happened" in Midway ep. . just like real life. :heh:

D-Joe
2015-02-18, 13:07
This must me Yorkdown since she didn't sink
http://i.imgur.com/jJmMgc6.jpg

Actually it's hard to say Shouhou sunk or not

Kakurin
2015-02-18, 13:13
They can make always make Midway ep. and cancel FS operation later due to what "happened" in Midway ep. . just like real life. :heh:
You are missing the significant difference between historical FS and Kancolle FS. Kancolle FS is the umbrella under which they are doing everything right now. So FS is already in motion.

This must me Yorkdown since she didn't sink
There is no "must be". Just pointing to this:

-What are the abyssals, exactly?
The abyssals are the mysterious enemies that are threatening the seas in Kancolle franchise.
In most source materials, their origins and objectives are completely unknown, even to gamers. There are a lot of theories about them, one of them is that they are the "kanmusu form of the Allies' ships". This theory is due to their cannons caliber being in imperial units, but recently, a lot of ships are obviously "corrupted" forms of Kanmusu, denying the assumption that they are Allies ships. Also, even early in the game, there is a certain enemy, Torpedo Cruiser Chi-class, that outright denies that theory, as only the IJN was operating torpedo cruiser.

Thus far, the consensus is that Abyssals are the manifestation of ships from the Pacific War (be it IJN or Allies ships). To be more accurate, the embodiements of the grudge and sorrow of the said ships and crew after sinking during the war.

Klashikari
2015-02-18, 13:21
Also, considering how numerous Wo-class are, it is -very- unlikely they are any specific carrier.

SaintessHeart
2015-02-18, 13:25
If they wanted some clarification they should go Strike Witches style and included American ships.

Would like to see Yamato being jealous of Iowa's "fuel tanks" (since Japanese animators like to draw Western characters to be ridiculously well-endowed). And she would certainly excite alot of Teitoku being the first ship of her class, probably being the MILF or OSILF of the PacFleet. :heh:

D-Joe
2015-02-18, 13:31
You are missing the significant difference between historical FS and Kancolle FS. Kancolle FS is the umbrella under which they are doing everything right now. So FS is already in motion.

There is no "must be". Just pointing to this:
It's not in game, but in anime they keep implying that, the pointing is always right for the game, but for the anime, hard to say.
Of course, i always treat game and anime are different Kancolle world.

Kakurin
2015-02-18, 13:38
It's not in game, but in anime they keep implying that, the pointing is always right for the game, but for the anime, hard to say.
Of course, i always treat game and anime are different Kancolle world.
They don't "keep implying" that. There was Kisaragi sinking at W Island and MO, yes. So what, the game also has Midway, Coral Sea, Guadalcanal, Aleutians. See, there is no difference in implication between game and anime.

Sheba
2015-02-18, 13:41
They said NOTHING, implied NOTHING about the Allies. The Abyssals just came to be one day w/o explanation. And I highly they'll look into their origin and objectives in the anime anytime soon, just how the game have NOT included the Allies YET. They still have many IJN destroyers, subs to include, ships that could have been such as Shinano. Let's not get started on the Kriegmarine and the Italian Navy.

D-Joe
2015-02-18, 13:43
They don't "keep implying" that. There was Kisaragi sinking at W Island and MO, yes. So what, the game also has Midway, Coral Sea, Guadalcanal, Aleutians. See, there is no difference in implication between game and anime.

No.
I will never ever treat anime and game as same after what anime staff did.
In game, i don't care what abyss actually are, but in anime, things are different.

Kakurin
2015-02-18, 13:48
No.
I will never ever treat anime and game as same after what anime staff did.
In game, i don't care what abyss actually are, but in anime, things are different.
Then name them, the things that are different, the things the staff did.

D-Joe
2015-02-18, 13:49
Then name them, the things that are different, the things the staff did.

Many people never sunk a ship during battle in game, did you?

Klashikari
2015-02-18, 13:53
The fact they aren't following the game mechanics doesn't change the setup at all. Otherwise, I can simply use Fubuki kai ni's new lines to prove that it is a direct reference to the game as well.
In term of narrative, it is silly to have ships to be unable to sink just because they weren't heavily damaged upon engagement.

Kakurin
2015-02-18, 13:53
If that's the only thing you can name, it would pretty ridiculous. The anime directors choosing to make sinking slightly more realistic a sign of them completely flipping things around? :heh:

I'd like to see reactions by anime-only watchers if the anime explained: "Ships can't sink unless they enter a battle at taiha!" :heh:

Sheba
2015-02-18, 13:54

That's quite a leap in logic here. "Girl sink in anime unlike the game. The game implied that Abyssals are not Allies. Anime and game are different. Therefore Abyssals in anime are Allies."

Marina2
2015-02-18, 13:56
It is interesting that Wo-Class appears to have intelligence and able to command her ally. (Compare to Ru-class that doesn't seem to have a brain)

Is this mean that Wo-Class will be the final boss or something?? But that will be mean there are no other Wo-Class around.....

D-Joe
2015-02-18, 13:57
The fact they aren't following the game mechanics doesn't change the setup at all. Otherwise, I can simply use Fubuki kai ni's new lines to prove that it is a direct reference to the game as well.

If that's the only thing you can name, it would pretty ridiculous. The anime directors choosing to make sinking slightly more realistic a sign of them completely flipping things around? :heh:

I'd like to see reactions by anime-only watchers if the anime explained: "Ships can't sink unless they enter a battle at taiha!" :heh:

The first episode pretty much kicked out many anime-only watchers since it's unfriendly for them, you know.
So i'm not sure what is Hanada or Tanaka thinking, create a show aim for TTKs then made them mad in few episode later.

That's quite a leap in logic here. "Girl sink in anime unlike the game. The game implied that Abyssals are not Allies. Anime and game are different. Therefore Abyssals in anime are Allies."

The point is, in anime story, they implied that in this episode, many people in 2ch talking about it.
Did you watched this episode?

Vaans
2015-02-18, 13:58
Whoa! Fubuki just shot that Abyssal right in the eye. That was awesome.

Newprimus
2015-02-18, 14:09
"I'm not a hotel!!"

Time to hibernate till next week.

Klashikari
2015-02-18, 14:11
The first episode pretty much kicked out many anime-only watchers since it's unfriendly for them, you know.
So i'm not sure what is Hanada or Tanaka thinking, create a show aim for TTKs then made them mad in few episode later.I don't think the purpose was even to make the audience mad or anything.
To begin with, the series clearly tries to show every sides of the franchise in a single package, so sinking isn't something they should ignore.

And if you really want an evidence it cannot be the allies (at least, "only allies"): Chi-class cannot be an Ally ship, because only the IJN operated torpedo cruisers.
The point is, in anime story, they implied that in this episode, many people in 2ch talking about it.
Did you watched this episode?The episode doesn't imply anything special, except a battle loosely tailored about the Battle of the Coral seas, which also occured in the game. That isn't really anything to write home about.

Gravitas Free Zone
2015-02-18, 14:15
Speaking of game/doujin/etc. mechanics, we see the planes actually land on the flight deck, instead of magically converting themselves back to arrows in midair or something.

Shiden_N
2015-02-18, 14:24

Level 14 Mogami. I got distracted and advanced instead of withdrawing. :(

James Rye
2015-02-18, 14:33
Thought Shouka-nee would get sunk this episode so that Kaga would have to cheer up a heartbroken and guilt-ridden Zuikaku in the next one, but I liked this development more with Zuikaku betting on a small chance (and nearly both of them dieing if it had not been for Fubuki and co returning as quickly as possible) to survive by buying time in the squall.

Kaga might seem arrogant, but she cares a lot for the girls in her squad and the fleet in general and isn't even afraid to risk her own life to prevent another shipgirl's possible death. She's so damn cool! <3
Just admit you admire her, Zuikaku.^^

Next episode we get the Hotel-ship aka the Yamato ship. Cannot wait for Fubuki's reaction to see such a great battleship. :D

AC-Phoenix
2015-02-18, 15:00
'Im not a hotel!'

Well definitely at least 50% SoL :D.

I just wonder who will call her 'Hotel-chan' first.

The Admiral? Mutsu? Kongou?
Or will it be Ashigara, in an attempt to divert attention to herself...

Hey that would make a superb episode... Hungry Wolf vs Hotel :heh:

I'm glad Shoukaku didn't sink, but I would have liked zuikaku to take the hit instead - again a wasted opportunity to see if Kaga would get along better with Shoukaku :( (Which I firmely believe btw)
Also of course it was Shoukaku who got hit again hehe

panzerfan
2015-02-18, 15:17
Hmm. I just realized that the authors have lampshaded the death of Kisaragi with Kaga's comment on taking the hit. Kaga was better armored than Zuikaku historically (152mm belt armor) with superior underwater protection as she intended to be a battleship. Together with Kaga's statement that ships can sink from being hit in the vitals, the anime has explained away one-hit death of Kisaragi.

I do not think that Shouhou is likely to survive by the way. She is lightly built as a CVL that was converted from a submarine tender, and that Japanese record of controlling fire on board is poor. The likelihood of her mirroring IRL is pretty high to me.

IceHism
2015-02-18, 15:50
I.... wanted more slice of life :/
But this is fine too i guess.

Ithekro
2015-02-18, 16:10
Interesting they mention the two Tenryuu-class cruisers but we have not seen them. Also Shouhou was new, yet possibly sank. (The light carrier Shohou sank at Coral Sea).

Also I'm under the impression that there were two Wo-class in this fight. One with blue eyes and one with yellow eyes. Or did the blue eyed Wo get repaired and turn yellow eyed before striking the two Shoukakus.

Klashikari
2015-02-18, 16:19
No, there were 2 of them and they also mentioned that (the normal (green) one was destroyed, the one with yellow eyes fled).
I've addressed this point in the FAQ just now.

panzerfan
2015-02-18, 16:26
I just recalled that Nagato mentioned that they suspect the naval code's been cracked by the Abyssals. That's a bit different to IJN's attitude IRL.

Ithekro
2015-02-18, 16:31
I don't recall if the Japanese ever figured out the Americans had cracked their codes.

Klashikari
2015-02-18, 16:35
IIRC, the Japanese thought to the very end it was foolproof or at least the measures done afterwards were beyond insufficent. At least, those who realized this mistake didn't exactly made it clear the Allies managed to do so.

Kakurin
2015-02-18, 16:37
I just recalled that Nagato mentioned that they suspect the naval code's been cracked by the Abyssals. That's a bit different to IJN's attitude IRL.
Yes and no. The Japanese never figured out that all their codes had been cracked. However, at times they had suspicions that their codes weren't fully safe. But their suspicions never caused them to completely redo their encryption, so the few actions they took were insufficient to restore their ability to keep their plans safe. In Kancolle now we can be pretty sure that this newest experience will increase the teitoku's suspicions about the inadequacy of their encryption, so perhaps we won't get to see a Midway-like disaster.

chaosprophet
2015-02-18, 16:39
I did call the Abyssal being able to understand the code. Nice episode, got really tense around the battle. And Akagi, what do you plan to do with Kaga alone in the bath!?

Klashikari
2015-02-18, 16:48
Now time for the issues with this episodes.

Similarly to episode 5, but also ep 6 (found them upon second rewatching, posting them in the other thread later), there are some... check issues.

1) "teleportation"

Nagato, Mutsu and Tone stopped in front of Akatsuki's group.
http://i.imgur.com/3tTqsiNl.jpg (http://i.imgur.com/3tTqsiN.jpg)

However, 2 minutes later, the said mob groups are not at the same location. And no, there isn't any footsteps noise that would imply they moved somehow. Likewise, Nagato, Mutsu and Tone didn't move one bit.

http://i.imgur.com/3usCMN8l.jpg (http://i.imgur.com/3usCMN8.jpg)

2) Identity crisis.
At 12:59, the voice is unmistakenly Zuikaku's, however... it is Shoukaku who is speaking, visually speaking...

3) Identity crisis, visual version

http://i.imgur.com/qFSCp2bl.jpg (http://i.imgur.com/qFSCp2b.jpg)

Shoukaku is in 3D, yet Zuikaku is in 2D... what gives?

The latter sounds like some major nitpicking, but the 2D-3D shuffling is getting tiring to the point I just don't get what's the schedule of the animators and the studio responsible for the 3D. At this point, it becomes apparent the animators are being worn out by a very crappy schedule and budget...

panzerfan
2015-02-18, 16:51
Oh yes, one thing that may go to historical reference as well...
The cranes have to fire their arrows into the wind as did their ship counterparts. This affects their course and headings. You see this being explicitly discussed in the episode.

Klashikari
2015-02-18, 16:59
Another good detail despite the issues of this episode: the first Abyssal fleet obviously acted as a bait.
Unless they knew there would be enemy carriers, it is very unlikely for them to patrol like that with the diamond formation.

Rias
2015-02-18, 17:01
Overall a good episode - I know many complained about episode 3, but now I see that it's because it is possible for ships to sink in the show, or that they would follow historical events, that makes the battle scenes exciting to watch.

It will be interesting to see how they handle Midway, and the Solomon Island (especially Savo Islands 2), if they ever get that far... personally I'm not looking forward to casualties like in history, but who knows what Yoshino would write...

blitz1/2
2015-02-18, 17:14
So much Wo chan this ep. I am happy. Now, we wait for Black Wock shooter. xD

ACertainStark
2015-02-18, 17:26
Tense episode. Lot of close calls.

Got some more ZuiKaga moments, Wo-chan, and Fubuki being an adorable badass. I'm happy.

Requiem-x
2015-02-18, 17:55
Kaga and Akagi alone in the docks, oh my.
Oh god, is Shoukaku going to sink?!
HOLY CRAP, FUBUKI JUST BLEW UP WO'S FACE!!:twitch::twitch::twitch:

So yeah, that didn't go as expected, but it still delivered, and still got to see Zuikaku is just tsun for our resident stoic girl, and Kaga-san is tsun for everyone. Except Akagi, of course :D

Also, its very good to see Fubuki's skills aren't a paper only thing, that would've bothered me a lot.

Next week, Yamato arrives at last, but it already sounds like it won't be easy for her :heh:

Kakurin
2015-02-18, 18:04
Another interesting detail (props to Fubuki for doing that): Sending out a two-phased search with Shōkaku's planes first and Zuikaku's following a short while after, to make sure that the enemy will be spotted.

In a two-phased search the second search sortie flies exactly the same searchlines as the first one, only some time later, to make sure that the first search sortie didn't miss out on the enemy. Historically the two-phased search was only introduced after Midway, where an inadequate search plan really hurt the Japanese.

lfhoule
2015-02-18, 18:12
Good episode overall, and it looks like Fubuki-chan has made an enemy for the rest of the series. One that is well above her weight class, but at least she has friends to help.
Oh, and Kitakami and Ooi... oh my goodness that torpedo salvo / BARRAGE! Now I understand why in naval miniatures gaming those two are on the top of the "KILL FIRST" list if they are on the table...

~Yami~
2015-02-18, 18:18
another satisfying episode
I actually hoped Kaga would be the one who saved Kaku-sisters but looks like she really need instant repairs to do that
lol for Akagi for being bathhouse regular :heh:

watching this episode made me think that we have not enough Kaga x Zuikaku doujin
and Fubuki become more awesome because she has built some confidence now

another one week of waiting

FlareKnight
2015-02-18, 18:55
That was definitely a good episode. After this much time and practice it's pretty believable that Fubuki is growing into her role and getting more competent. Although even she still made some blunders which shows she isn't perfect. If it wasn't for some real stubbornness on the part of Zuikaku neither she or Shoukaku would have been alive to be helped out.

There is certainly some tsun going on with Kaga and Zuikaku. I do think though some of the issues are genuine with those two. If Kaga hadn't stolen Zuikaku's kill then she wouldn't have charged ahead to get attacked later. So kind of Kaga paying for her own mistake in a sense. But it's not like she's a bad person as we've seen. At least that desperate action helped give Zuikaku some ideas later.

Honestly I was into the episode so much that I didn't really notice any of the visual issues. Just a fun episode from my perspective.

Newprimus
2015-02-18, 19:37
If Haruna is any indication, I think Yamato might turn out the same. A yamato nadeshiko type at heart, but flawed and a butt monkey to some degree.

Wandering Soul
2015-02-18, 19:56
Quite a few death flags and close calls there but they all manged to make it. Props to Zuikaku for coming with that plan and Fubuki for shooting that enemy right in the face. Fubuki really is becoming more and more of a leader.

Zuikaku and Kaga also got to show more of their tsun side.

Now what is Akagi planning to do alone with Kaga?

AC-Phoenix
2015-02-18, 20:07
I.... wanted more slice of life :/
But this is fine too i guess.

Next week's episode title sounds like its going to be a lot of SoL

There is certainly some tsun going on with Kaga and Zuikaku. I do think though some of the issues are genuine with those two. If Kaga hadn't stolen Zuikaku's kill then she wouldn't have charged ahead to get attacked later. So kind of Kaga paying for her own mistake in a sense. But it's not like she's a bad person as we've seen. At least that desperate action helped give Zuikaku some ideas later.

Honestly I was into the episode so much that I didn't really notice any of the visual issues. Just a fun episode from my perspective.

Actually Zuikaku was way too far ahead already when Kaga released her planes. My guess is that that is also the reason she did it in the first place.

If Haruna is any indication, I think Yamato might turn out the same. A yamato nadeshiko type at heart, but flawed and a butt monkey to some degree.

I wanted to put an arpeggio reference here, but it would probably be viewed as a spoiler >>.
In other words though: It could be worse ;)

Now what is Akagi planning to do alone with Kaga?

Considering how they are both stuck in their tubs, probably an eating contest.

blakstealth
2015-02-18, 20:07
Ayo, flagship Fubuki is rockin this shit. She is really stepping up into an awesome ship girl.

bhl88
2015-02-18, 20:10
So Wo is a cyborg on the inside?

It looks like Shouhou is...

Vaans
2015-02-18, 20:55
Did Shouhou sunk?

Gravitas Free Zone
2015-02-18, 21:00
Mirroring: One of the Abyssals takes a shot for Wo like Kaga did for Zuikaku.

cloud04
2015-02-18, 21:08
Did Shouhou sunk?

it was just said severly damaged ._.

The Green One
2015-02-18, 21:13
Guess all of Fubuki's level grinding is paying off, shooting out that enemy's eye was quite impressive. It was heartwarming seeing how her squad trusts her too.

blakstealth
2015-02-18, 21:15
Wait, so did that girl get sunk?

cloud04
2015-02-18, 21:16

ppl should really read what the text says...it only said severely damaged not sunk

The Green One
Obviously not since she was clearly fine in the final scene with the squad.....

Saint X
The Archer carriers really need to learn from Lars Andersen on how to launch their planes.

blakstealth
2015-02-18, 21:37
ppl should really read what the text says...it only said severely damaged not sunkI can fuckin read, but we heard nothing of her after that. What are we supposed to think?

Obviously not since she was clearly fine in the final scene with the squad.....I'm talking about Shouhou, not Shoukaku.

Vaans
2015-02-18, 21:37
ppl should really read what the text says...it only said severely damaged not sunk

Been reading that four times before it sank in my mind.

My brain isn't what it used to be...or I'm just too sleepy. :upset:

Gotta appraise Fubuki this episode. She was badass the way she hit that Abyssal right in the eye that I keep watching it again and again.

Ithekro
2015-02-18, 21:49
One thing that shows this cannot be historical, Coral Sea was the first all carrier battle. The ships never encountered each other, just the planes did the work.

chaosprophet
2015-02-18, 21:52
One thing that shows this cannot be historical, Coral Sea was the first all carrier battle. The ships never encountered each other, just the planes did the work.

But that's what the show been doing. It has lots of historical references but don't follow history to a T.

Top Sergeant
2015-02-18, 21:57

She was badly damaged and set on fire. IIRC we know nothing else at this point.

I would expect that all possible efforts were made / are being made by Shouhou and her team mates to extinguish the blaze and get her to port. (Good navies expend all effort to save their ships if at all possible). Hopefully next episode we will be told she's made it safely to harbor somewhere, even if its not her home base.

I find myself becoming a Zuikaku fan! And I noticed her eyes are the same as Kaga's. I do hope they develop a good relationship.

Loved the plane landing on the flight deck! They don't use arrestor gear, apparently. (Or did I miss that?)

Miraluka
2015-02-18, 22:14
Yamato for next episode...

I don't know but that admiral must be rich or saving a lot for Hotel-chan.

I wonder if the staff will use the marriage system

Oh the chaos in the naval base... :heh:.

Master_Yoma
2015-02-18, 22:21
Fubuki really have come so far

cloud04
2015-02-18, 22:21
doubt the marriage system, although the likely candidate would be kongou w/ her being at kai ni already although idk at what level would 1st div would be along w/ nagato and mutsu too

Gravitas Free Zone
2015-02-18, 22:22
Loved the plane landing on the flight deck! They don't use arrestor gear, apparently. (Or did I miss that?)

It did catch a wire.

Eisdrache
2015-02-18, 23:42
The pilots of the planes continue to be adorable.

Operation MO doesn't seem to be finished yet. I'd be disappointed if all we get next episode is the aftermath.

Also Yamato's voice sounds wrong but maybe that's just me.

By the way when Zui/Shoukaku came out of the scowl, that abyssal shot down their planes easily (RIP). What type was that?

SaintessHeart
2015-02-18, 23:46
It is official. Kaga is the ultimate lesbian of the fleet.

She has made :

Akagi
Zuikaku
Shoukaku
Kitakami
Ooi

her bitches. And there is many more to come. :D

Estavali
2015-02-18, 23:56
Great episode. Some of the action scenes had me on the edge. I particularly liked Wo's gestures, they show that the Abyssals aren't just wild monsters but instead very intelligent entities that can follow elaborate strategies like they did here to encircle Shoukaku and Zuikaku.

They might be capable of bearing a grudge too methinks. When the Flagship Wo was glaring at the kanmusu revealing her injured eye, the camera focused on Fubuki for a while. I won't be surprised if she has marked Fubuki for revenge :uhoh:

Yes and no. The Japanese never figured out that all their codes had been cracked. However, at times they had suspicions that their codes weren't fully safe. But their suspicions never caused them to completely redo their encryption, so the few actions they took were insufficient to restore their ability to keep their plans safe. In Kancolle now we can be pretty sure that this newest experience will increase the teitoku's suspicions about the inadequacy of their encryption, so perhaps we won't get to see a Midway-like disaster.

It would be interesting if the Naval Base would turn this knowledge (that the Abyssals are listening in to their chitchats) into their advantage, say by laying out a trap with deliberate false messages. This is what Midway would have been if Yamamoto had his way: a trap to lure and destroy the main threat. Except that in that case the Japanese left too much in the hands of Lady Luck and gave the Americans, who had already learnt of their plans, the chance to turn the tables on them.

Oh yes, one thing that may go to historical reference as well...
The cranes have to fire their arrows into the wind as did their ship counterparts. This affects their course and headings. You see this being explicitly discussed in the episode.

Fubuki Ganbarimasu mentioned something similar in the Base Sports Meet arc too. IIRC the runways on Japanese carriers weren't long enough and the IJN planes have to use the wind created by the ships moving forth to take flight :heh:

Considering how they are both stuck in their tubs, probably an eating contest.

Or they would work on puzzles and other games =3

Every time we see Akagi-san in the tub, she's always doing something new: bubble wrap, towel art (Kaga actually but she was the one who taught Kaga how), puzzles and this time string figures =3

It did catch a wire.

*checks*

Holy cow, so it did =O. Gotta love this attention to details =3

By the way when Zui/Shoukaku came out of the scowl, that abyssal shot down their planes easily (RIP). What type was that?

Ho-Class Light Cruiser (http://kancolle.wikia.com/wiki/Light_Cruiser_Ho-Class)

SaintessHeart
2015-02-19, 00:13
She doesn't seem to be wearing pink this episode.

http://i.imgur.com/8NUD0dU.jpg?1

Black Heart.X
2015-02-19, 00:36
i cant wait for episode 8 ja~

Ithekro
2015-02-19, 01:00
i cant wait for episode 8 ja~

Next time on Space Hotel Yamato...
:confused:
...wait that's not right.

Estavali
2015-02-19, 01:17
Since we now know that the other naval bases are also involved in Operation FS, might it be possible that Yamato is perhaps from another base, maybe the HQ, and may in fact be the flagship of a combined fleet with members from each base?

Ithekro
2015-02-19, 01:28
Was it deturmined where the torpedo that hit Kaga came from?

Ernietheracefan
2015-02-19, 02:09
"I'm not a hotel!!"

To make it even better, Hotel Majapahit in Surabaya was named Hotel Yamato during Japanese occupation of DEI (Indonesia)..:heh:

risingstar3110
2015-02-19, 02:46
Wow Zuikaku being tsundere toward Kaga is canon isn't she?

And Fubuki saved the day again. With KTKM and Ooi absolutely butchered their oposition. Should have chased that Wo through.

That's also my main problem with the anime, as despite it's a battle anime, the pacing during battle apparently was kinda off. Felt like the girl would stay in one spot for too long despite in a hurry situation

Ryuuoh DeltaPlus
2015-02-19, 03:20
I totally want to see more of this in the anime

http://danbooru.donmai.us/posts/1554749?tags=sakimiya_%28inschool%29

Kakurin
2015-02-19, 05:19
It would be interesting if the Naval Base would turn this knowledge (that the Abyssals are listening in to their chitchats) into their advantage, say by laying out a trap with deliberate false messages. This is what Midway would have been if Yamamoto had his way: a trap to lure and destroy the main threat. Except that in that case the Japanese left too much in the hands of Lady Luck and gave the Americans, who had already learnt of their plans, the chance to turn the tables on them.
If teitoku doesn't have a sudden mental meltdown he should be able to avoid Midway, or indeed, turn a big battle in his favour. Midway wasn't so much an overreliance on luck by the Japanese, but rather terrible planning coupled with arrogance. Yamamoto assumed that the Americans were already beaten and had to be lured out for battle, whereas in reality Nimitz was willing to accept a fight with only two carriers in case Yorktown couldn't make it. The Japanese war games held prior to Midway were more a farce than an actual simulation. When the player handling the American side did something similar to what the Americans would indeed do and inflicted damage to three Japanese carriers the judge reacted by saying that this American reaction would be impossible and simply reversed the damage. Not few Japanese officers realised that MI was fundamentally flawed, however, Yamamoto and his staff were unwilling to listen.

James Rye
2015-02-19, 05:42
It is official. Kaga is the ultimate lesbian of the fleet.

She has made :

Akagi
Zuikaku
Shoukaku
Kitakami
Ooi

her bitches. And there is many more to come. :D

I get Akagi and Zuikaku but how did Shoukaku, Kitakami and Ooi become Kaga's bitches? That said, i'd love to read a fanfic with Kaga being a harem leader against her will and who is annoyed by all the girls trying to jump in bed/bath with her. XDDD

Tactics
2015-02-19, 08:44
- After Akagi, now Zuikaku added into Kaga's list.
- Wo-class is too sexy I can't help to pay more attention to her
- Next is-- Yamato! Yeah!

Marina2
2015-02-19, 09:30
Why don't they just do this to dodge a single torpedo. It seems very easy to do. lol

http://i.imgur.com/B41Zu7V.jpg

Klashikari
2015-02-19, 09:34
A torpedo is much larger than one might think. Also, due to the light refraction caused by the water, it is very unlikely someone can dodge a torpedo as easily as you might think.

Kakurin
2015-02-19, 09:36
Won't be of any use if the torpedo is equipped with a proximity fuse.

Marina2
2015-02-19, 09:36
A torpedo is much larger than one might think. Also, due to the light refraction caused by the water, it is very unlikely someone can dodge a torpedo as easily as you might think.

From what shown in anime, I think the body of torpedo is slim enough to do this.

Actually, all torpedos firing at girls should be missed because unlike the real ship, the ship girl is floating on the surface the water, no part of them are underwater to be hit by torpedo. Torpedos should just run past under their feet. Well, I'm probably thinking too much about this.

Kakurin
2015-02-19, 09:44
And then because of the proximity fuse the torpedo explodes right under her. Doesn't seem too smart a thing to do.

Actually, all torpedos firing at girls should be missed because unlike the real ship, the ship girl is floating on the surface the water, no part of them are underwater to be hit by torpedo. Torpedos should just run past under their feet. Well, I'm probably thinking too much about this.
You are wrong. Many torpedoes are equipped with proximity fuses. Meaning they detonate once they close within a certain distance of the target. Torpedoes don't have to actually hit to explode.

Klashikari
2015-02-19, 09:46
To begin with, around WWII, torpedoes were designed to explode under the ships, not by directly colliding on the enemy ship hull, since it would generally fail to deal enough damage.
But since the mechanism was generally half baked for the Allies, they encountered too many duds which is why it took time for them to actually devise effective torpedoes, whereas the Japanese had the advantage with the Long Lance.

Marina2
2015-02-19, 09:53
I see....This is the first time I heard about proximity fuses in torpedos. Look like there are still many things I don't know yet about WWII weapon. Thanks for the info, guys.

Estavali
2015-02-19, 10:01
To begin with, around WWII, torpedoes were designed to explode under the ships, not by directly colliding on the enemy ship hull, since it would generally fail to deal enough damage.
But since the mechanism was generally half baked for the Allies, they encountered too many duds which is why it took time for them to actually devise effective torpedoes, whereas the Japanese had the advantage with the Long Lance.

So the torpedo actually hits the target with both the explosion as well as the mass of the water that's forced out by that explosion?

That sounds pretty awful if applied to a human-like body, considering what it can already do to a mass of metal.

Kakurin
2015-02-19, 10:06
Proximity fuses in torpedoes in World War II relied on magnetic detonators. Admittedly though, those detonators were notoriously unreliable, being prone to premature detonation once they got into the magnetic field of the ship, or failure to account for the Earth's magnetic field changes in different areas. So while less effective, the main detonator was still the contact detonator. However, as you said, kanmusus don't exactly have a big contact area underwater, so if you really want to think about it, just assume that in the KanColle world the magnetic detonator works as it was intended to.

panzerfan
2015-02-19, 10:42
Not quite related, but this made me chuckle...
https://i.imgur.com/QZPatXV.png

Going back on topic. There are torpedos that are designed to detonate on impact of course. We have to keep in mind that a torpedo packs 10x more explosive than a battleship shell, so even if it strikes on centerline, it can still wreak considerable damage. The worst kind of damage nevertheless is a detonation beneath the hull, for that's what will break a ship into two from compression effect, and ruin the ship's keel.

We can assume that all weapons work as intended in Kancolle. If not, then type 3 shells can ruin the ship's gun and we'd be in utter fury from seeing Musashi unable to do anything after a failed AAA cut-in.

Sagitta Luminis
2015-02-19, 11:52
Whoa, this episode got me so on edge. I'm glad we're going back to the action and PLOT. The bit about the abyssals knowing the communication codes worries me badly, and not because of the danger of an ambush...

Klashikari
2015-02-19, 11:52
Welp, I somehow missed that the first time, but there is another consistency issue in the very same scene...

As shown below, Nagato, Mutsu and Tone aren't standing in line. Instead, Nagato is a bit forward, while Mutsu is on her right slightly behind her, and Tone of her left but further away, so they look like they are in line from a perpendicular POV.

https://i.imgur.com/3tTqsiNl.jpg (http://i.imgur.com/3tTqsiN.jpg)

When the scene switches to Tone, their position didn't really change, and it is quite clear that Mutsu and Tone aren't next to Nagato, but behind her.

https://i.imgur.com/q9XmeKzl.jpg (http://i.imgur.com/q9XmeKz.jpg)

Now, here is the problem: not only they are next to each other, but Mutsu is magically in the middle. Whereas I wouldn't mind that much if they made few movements to form an horizontal line, Nagato and Mutsu switching position is just unlikely.

https://i.imgur.com/3usCMN8l.jpg (http://i.imgur.com/3usCMN8.jpg)

Note that when Shoukaku shows up, Nagato is indeed back on the middle: we can tell that since her "antenna" is very slightly hidden by Mutsu's hair, which is quite obvious when Nagato slightly moves her head.

http://i.imgur.com/pAtJzyal.jpg (http://i.imgur.com/pAtJzya.jpg)

Checkers? 知らない子ですね。

If they don't fix that kind of stuff in the BD, I'm not sure if I will stick with my pre-orders...

Xero8420
2015-02-19, 12:02
^
Wasn't that you shown earlier?

Klashikari
2015-02-19, 12:04
I've noted the change of location for Akatsuki's group. I didn't notice Nagato's weird "teleport" until now.

Benigmatica
2015-02-19, 12:12
Wow, both Shoukaku and Kaga got hit pretty hard! On the other hand, they shouldn't let their guard down when being attacked by an unsuspecting torpedo!

Meanwhile, it's not surprising to see Fubuki saving the day by hitting the left eye of the Wo-Class Carrier!

larethian
2015-02-19, 15:04
I honestly don't quite get the CR translator handling this show. If the Japanese chose to use 'Destroyer' in the script, just use 'Destroyer' doh. :heh:

AC-Phoenix
2015-02-19, 19:23
I honestly don't quite get the CR translator handling this show. If the Japanese chose to use 'Destroyer' in the script, just use 'Destroyer' doh. :heh:

In the arpreggio manga CR made yamato into a grand flagship or so instead of the supreme Flagship or whatever the correct one was.
Think they also got some ship classes wrong.

blitz1/2
2015-02-19, 23:40
The fanmade Z gundam sound effects and music made this episode even more epic lol.

margafred
2015-02-19, 23:48
Just watched episode 7, must say Nomizu Iori did well in CVing both Shoukaku/Zuikaku.. didn't remember if she ever voiced soft and gentle character like Shoukaku before, but Zuikaku certainly not that different with other characters that she voiced before like Nymph and Haruna, which i loved so much. So obviously Zuikaku too gets a love from me!

Also few things that i noted (haven't play the game or search deeply into it, only saying this from anime perspective tho)
- I noticed something when seeing Kaga in her torn apart look.. is Kaga a pettanko? Don't tell me Akagi too... or every other carrier has this attribute as well? But it didn't seem to be like that during the 'dock' scene with Akagi.. even Shouhou seems to be well endowed despite being a carrier.
- They have all the buildings, cranes, construction tools and machines.. certainly look like a real naval harbor/dock/port. Yet the actual 'harbor' is secretly located in a seemingly like underground facility, and the actual 'ships' are the petite girls wearing small machinery stuffs on their body. Yep yep.. i can see the issues with 'resources' lacking here :heh:
- Whats with the yuri auras i detected in this episode, and from the carriers group no less. :heh: These two carriers pairs should have just kiss already :kisskiss:
- So i can see the point of having the flight deck on the carrier's arm.. but i wonder how would the 6 planes convert back to an arrow, since an arrow can transform into 6 planes, considering the size of the plane, and the length of the deck.

Anyway this episode is not really to my liking, i mean those battles, tho i still give it 9 points for having my Akagi docking gloriously, and Kongou :love: .. Somehow i prefer KanColle from SoL perspective, like the previous 3 episodes.

larethian
2015-02-20, 01:07
In the arpreggio manga CR made yamato into a grand flagship or so instead of the supreme Flagship or whatever the correct one was.
Think they also got some ship classes wrong.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought translators are separate entities (or companies) contracted to CR on a show-by-show basis (at least I know that's the case for quarkboy); they are not necessarily CR staff (why I normally avoid saying 'CR did it' :heh:). So well, we do get a variety of quality and experience for different shows. Anyway Grand and Supreme can be different ways of saying the same word in a loose manner :heh:

However, what happened in this episode was, Fubuki reported herself as Destroyer Fubuki while reporting to the Admiral. There is really no necessity to change it to Flagship Fubuki. It happened twice and I do not get the artistic choice of the translator. It's not like there's no English word for Destroyer, and the script wanted 'Fubuki' to designate herself as a Destroyer and not Flagship. Either this is the way to designate yourself (ie. by ship class) while reporting, or Fubuki chose to identify herself more as a 'Destroyer' than a 'Flagship'. So yeah, don't get the choice lol :heh:

AC-Phoenix
2015-02-20, 01:25
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought translators are separate entities (or companies) contracted to CR on a show-by-show basis (at least I know that's the case for quarkboy); they are not necessarily CR staff (why I normally avoid saying 'CR did it' :heh:). So well, we do get a variety of quality and experience for different shows. Anyway Grand and Supreme can be different ways of saying the same word in a loose manner :heh:

However, what happened in this episode was, Fubuki reported herself as Destroyer Fubuki while reporting to the Admiral. There is really no necessity to change it to Flagship Fubuki. It happened twice and I do not get the artistic choice of the translator. It's not like there's no English word for Destroyer, and the script wanted 'Fubuki' to designate herself as a Destroyer and not Flagship. Either this is the way to designate yourself (ie. by ship class) while reporting, or Fubuki chose to identify herself more as a 'Destroyer' than a 'Flagship'. So yeah, don't get the choice lol :heh:

Both instances are matter of quality control.

In the arpeggio example
They knew the translation people preferred and were used to too well, it was even pointed out.
If I remember right there was also something wrong with the ship classes like a heavy cruiser being flagged a battleship(or even something that doesnt even exist no idea its been a while >>) or something like that, no idea if they eventually corrected that though.

risingstar3110
2015-02-20, 01:35
Welp, I somehow missed that the first time, but there is another consistency issue in the very same scene...

As shown below, Nagato, Mutsu and Tone aren't standing in line. Instead, Nagato is a bit forward, while Mutsu is on her right slightly behind her, and Tone of her left but further away, so they look like they are in line from a perpendicular POV.

https://i.imgur.com/3tTqsiNl.jpg (http://i.imgur.com/3tTqsiN.jpg)

When the scene switches to Tone, their position didn't really change, and it is quite clear that Mutsu and Tone aren't next to Nagato, but behind her.

https://i.imgur.com/q9XmeKzl.jpg (http://i.imgur.com/q9XmeKz.jpg)

Now, here is the problem: not only they are next to each other, but Mutsu is magically in the middle. Whereas I wouldn't mind that much if they made few movements to form an horizontal line, Nagato and Mutsu switching position is just unlikely.

https://i.imgur.com/3usCMN8l.jpg (http://i.imgur.com/3usCMN8.jpg)

Note that when Shoukaku shows up, Nagato is indeed back on the middle: we can tell that since her "antenna" is very slightly hidden by Mutsu's hair, which is quite obvious when Nagato slightly moves her head.

http://i.imgur.com/pAtJzyal.jpg (http://i.imgur.com/pAtJzya.jpg)

Checkers? 知らない子ですね。

If they don't fix that kind of stuff in the BD, I'm not sure if I will stick with my pre-orders...
It's strange because the art and animation quality was good. It seemed that they were just inexperienced when planning these screens out

cloud04
2015-02-20, 01:38
- I noticed something when seeing Kaga in her torn apart look.. is Kaga a pettanko? Don't tell me Akagi too... or every other carrier has this attribute as well? But it didn't seem to be like that during the 'dock' scene with Akagi.. even Shouhou seems to be well endowed despite being a carrier.

http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost.php?p=5429793&postcount=50

Estavali
2015-02-20, 02:22

Carriers are generally shown to be well-endowed except for Zuikaku and the following three who have yet to appear in the anime: Ryuujou (aka RJ), Zuihou and Taihou. The chart cloud has linked here ranks the standard carrier kanmusu according to the size of their assets as perceived in fandom, from Souryuu (champion!) to Taihou (pettanko).

Btw, of the four I mentioned, RJ is pretty much related to every breast envy joke in the Kancolle fandom so whenever somebody says "flat", chances are s/he is talking about RJ :heh:

margafred
2015-02-20, 07:30
Is this official? :D

Carriers are generally shown to be well-endowed except for Zuikaku and the following three who have yet to appear in the anime: Ryuujou (aka RJ), Zuihou and Taihou. The chart cloud has linked here ranks the standard carrier kanmusu according to the size of their assets as perceived in fandom, from Souryuu (champion!) to Taihou (pettanko).

Btw, of the four I mentioned, RJ is pretty much related to every breast envy joke in the Kancolle fandom so whenever somebody says "flat", chances are s/he is talking about RJ :heh:
Ah i see.. so the ranking was a fanmade then?

Well official or not.. being pettanko or not is no prob for me :D. Was just curious reading some info about KanColle that each kanmusu was design (from body proportion to attitude) according to the actual ship's attributes.. so when Ooi mentioned about Zuikaku having a flight deck chest, i thought all carriers would follow the same too.. :heh::heh:

Sheba
2015-02-20, 08:12
Is this official? :D

Well official or not.. being pettanko or not is no prob for me :D. Was just curious reading some info about KanColle that each kanmusu was design (from body proportion to attitude) according to the actual ship's attributes.. so when Ooi mentioned about Zuikaku having a flight deck chest, i thought all carriers would follow the same too.. :heh::heh:

Well, fans were drawing conclusions from the official CG and yeah, Souryuu is notably stacked. Which is why I called her Sounyuu.

Requiem-x
2015-02-20, 08:32
Just watched episode 7, must say Nomizu Iori did well in CVing both Shoukaku/Zuikaku.. didn't remember if she ever voiced soft and gentle character like Shoukaku before, but Zuikaku certainly not that different with other characters that she voiced before like Nymph and Haruna, which i loved so much. So obviously Zuikaku too gets a love from me!

- Whats with the yuri auras i detected in this episode, and from the carriers group no less. :heh: These two carriers pairs should have just kiss already :kisskiss:
- So i can see the point of having the flight deck on the carrier's arm.. but i wonder how would the 6 planes convert back to an arrow, since an arrow can transform into 6 planes, considering the size of the plane, and the length of the deck.

Oh, I didn't notice it was that seiyuu. Couldn't detect any of Nymph in either, pretty good range there.

-If anything, carriers are often portrayed as some of the biggest girls in kancolle, at least as far as the 1st and 2nd div goes. With Shouhou it shows more since she has her robe off all the time. Fun fact, despite Shouhou's tendency for stripping, the fanbase far prefers her modest, pettanko sister Zuihou.
-A series with so many girls and no clear male figure to be seen is bound to have some yuri. Add to that the connection some of the ships have historically, whether is implied in the game or not, and its even easier. Kaga and Akagi is one of the most popular pairings, by the way.
-Magic. Once again, I'd have liked to see at least one of the girls that uses the shikigami technique, since at least that way each plane would be its own individual thing.

That does happen quite often, though different artists have different ways of going about it.

Ernietheracefan
2015-02-20, 10:43
The fanmade Z gundam sound effects and music made this episode even more epic lol.

Where do you find that..?

Estavali
2015-02-20, 11:15
Well, fans were drawing conclusions from the official CG and yeah, Souryuu is notably stacked. Which is why I called her Sounyuu.

Another reason, or perhaps the real reason, is because of her 2nd secretary line: "Uh, um, the Type 99 CDBs'll fall out..."

In the original Japanese, Type 99 CDB is written as 九九艦爆. Creative fans read it as 九九爆乳, literally "99 enormous breasts". In other words, a cup size of 99cm! :D

And from there we get Sounyuu =3

Random Wanderer
2015-02-20, 21:36

Magic. And/or apply MST3K mantra as needed.

Nvis
2015-02-20, 22:10
Favorites:

-Akagi
-Nagato
-Atago
-Mutsu
-Ooi (I like her personality)

Eyes on:

-Yamato (awaiting debut next week)
-Takao
-Shimakaze
-Kongou
-Shoukaku
-Kaga
-Wo class:D

Dislike:

-Naka

JokerD
2015-02-21, 06:45
Oh my poor USS Lexington (going by RL) and Yorktown surviving to go back to Pearl Harbor to sink other carriers at Midway :heh:

BTW, how would a Kanmusume burn (ref Shouhou getting 'set on fire' by dive bombers)

chaosprophet
2015-02-21, 06:51
Oh my poor USS Lexington (going by RL) and Yorktown surviving to go back to Pearl Harbor to sink other carriers at Midway :heh:

BTW, how would a Kanmusume burn (ref Shouhou getting 'set on fire' by dive bombers)

I'm guessing their equipment clothes get on fire? And it may have a reason, like it being a fire related with the faeries/magic etc, so it won't stop by just pouring sea water.

Marcus H.
2015-02-21, 20:41
I was about to make a joke about the Abyssals knowing the Admirality Code, but it turns out that the "code" they were talking about is the ones they use in making actions in battle. :heh:

AC-Phoenix
2015-02-22, 14:49
I was about to make a joke about the Abyssals knowing the Admirality Code, but it turns out that the "code" they were talking about is the ones they use in making actions in battle. :heh:

Arpeggio joke yay :D

The codes they were referring to were the codes for their communication encryptions btw.
The americans managed that during WWII and could basically listen in to every bit of communication between the Japanese ships.

Kakurin
2015-02-22, 15:15
The americans managed that during WWII and could basically listen in to every bit of communication between the Japanese ships.
That's not really true. The USN intercepted about 60% of the Japanese traffic. Of those only 40% could be analysed due to a combination of lack of time and human resources. And of that the Americans were seldomly able to make out more than 10-15% of the code groups within a transmission. However, the Americans coupled that with traffic analysis to gain an idea of which messages were most likely to be very important. So while code-breaking was a significant asset for the USN, it was hardly like reading an open book.

Ithekro
2015-02-22, 19:07
You don't need to read all of it, only the stuff out of the admiral's staff office. Combined with fleet movements reported by observation and a helping of educated guesses makes for the Americans to at least know where the Japanese fleets are deploying and allowing US Navy ships to be deployed to those areas to counter Japanese movements in the Pacific. It did not always work, but they usually knew something was going to any particular area.

AC-Phoenix
2015-02-22, 21:01
You don't need to read all of it, only the stuff out of the admiral's staff office. Combined with fleet movements reported by observation and a helping of educated guesses makes for the Americans to at least know where the Japanese fleets are deploying and allowing US Navy ships to be deployed to those areas to counter Japanese movements in the Pacific. It did not always work, but they usually knew something was going to any particular area.

^- Basically this.
Nevertheless their encryption codes is what the ship girls were referring to when they said ' they got our codes'

blitz1/2
2015-02-22, 22:01
Where do you find that..?

check here
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm25612935

First one in the series was here:
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm25308327

Ithekro
2015-02-22, 23:14
I prefer versions redone to the Space Battleship Yamato 2199 themes and sound effects.

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm25612569

Starting here:
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm25316401

(For one thing, this guy has the fairies voiced by Yamato's pilots).

Kitsu Breaker
2015-03-01, 19:44
Every episode make the married sistem pretty more lame since the anime is more yuri and proof that this girls don't have interested in boys

Klashikari
2015-03-01, 19:48
The anime has barely more than a third of the overall cast of the game, and that's counting cameo.
Ships that already have a "partner" are quite the minority in the game, and there isn't really any implication they are attracted by a specific gender. Even Kongou who is one of the most "aggressive" in appealing the admiral doesn't refer the latter as male or female, so both ways work.

AC-Phoenix
2015-03-01, 19:48
Every episode make the married sistem pretty more lame since the anime is more yuri and proof that this girls don't have interested in boys

See it like this: Imagine the ruckus in the base if the Admiral would marry more than 1 ship like you can in the game. Moreover, the bloodbath kongou would cause id she wasn't the first and only one. :heh:

SaintessHeart
2015-03-01, 22:33
See it like this: Imagine the ruckus in the base if the Admiral would marry more than 1 ship like you can in the game. Moreover, the bloodbath kongou would cause id she wasn't the first and only one. :heh:

He could make his life more fun by marrying :

Kitakami
Tenryuu
Kongou
Akagi
Inazuma
Shoukaku

That is 6x 2-for-1 packages. :D

Ithekro
2015-03-02, 02:05
Depending of the writer, Inazuma could be a four in one deal, as could be Kongo.

Picking up Kitakami, Tenryuu, or potentally Akagi can lead to murder. Ooi will only stand for it if Kitakami seems happy...and even then.... Tatsuta may just murder the admiral for fun. Kaga might not go for murder despite affection for Akagi...it is just that Akagi might get hungry one night and the Admiral gets eaten.