PDA

View Full Version : KanColle - Episode 8 Discussion / Poll

Klashikari
2015-02-25, 10:56
Welcome to the discussion thread for KanColle, Episode 8.

Thread Guidelines

Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
Spoilers or hints about future events must not be posted in this thread.
If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message (http://forums.animesuki.com/faq.php?faq=vb3_user_profile#faq_vb3_private_messa ges), or seek out a more appropriate thread.
Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
Be polite to your fellow forum members.
Please try to keep the discussion on-topic.
Character bashing is not on-topic and will not be tolerated.
Do not post multiple times in a row. Please edit your existing post if you wish to add additional thoughts.

Episode Thread Spoiler Policy

Any comment that discloses events, characters, plot or other information before it is revealed in the anime is expressly forbidden whether or not it is behind spoiler tags.
Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
Please consult the AnimeSuki Spoiler Policy (http://forums.animesuki.com/faq.php?faq=animesuki_faq#faq_spoilerpolicy) for more information.
Adding a Spoiler tag:

spoiler.gif
Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
Make sure that you include a useful title!
Please use the Report button if you see any inappropriate spoilers:

report.gif
Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
locate and deal with problems quickly.
Posting inappropriate spoilers may result in a ban.
Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.

Stark700
2015-02-25, 11:21
Yay, about time she showed up:
http://i62.tinypic.com/66aomx.png

Not going to lie though, those swimsuits are cute and Nagato.....mm, just look at her. What a beauty:
http://i61.tinypic.com/2roi0qg.png

This has been quite a fun episode already.

Kakurin
2015-02-25, 11:29
What a cute scene with Nagato. :heh:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B-tAZrhUYAA5O3z.jpg:large

Oh man, in the first watchthrough with only understanding a fraction of what was going on Nagato and Mutsu totally stole the episode for me. :heh:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B-tBiKqUAAEpYEU.jpg:large

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B-tBiMaUsAEJz6p.jpg:large

Next episode: Kai Ni Poi?

Klashikari
2015-02-25, 11:33
Too distracted to make a proper summary, not going to change anything I guess.

Enjoyable episode, although I'm not completely satisfied about the very slow pacing, but I guess they really wanted to nail Yamato's circumstances.
At least, I got my full dose of Yamato's cute side, and surprisingly some hilarious side from Nagamon :heh:

And... Nightmare of Solomon showtime next week!

Kakurin
2015-02-25, 11:40
Enjoyable episode, although I'm not completely satisfied about the very slow pacing, but I guess they really wanted to nail Yamato's circumstances.
It was good to see them doing justice to Yamato's situation with her desire to go to sea clashing with the consumption etc. An episode like this makes me drop my head at the one cour limitation. It would've been much better with two cours. Opportunities to slot in more episodes like this without sacrificing at the pacing part.

Oh, and a minor complaint by me: Yamato on the boat with only her umbrella. And then all of a sudden she has her full equipment there (with those impressive 46cm guns, was fun to see the effect they had on the sea) to repel those Abyssal planes? :eyebrow:

Klashikari
2015-02-25, 11:43
It seems that Yamato is some sort of special case and can deploy her rigging like that (and prolly because the anime staff didn't want to deal with the specifics).
This already happened when Yamato and Fubuki were strolling at night.

LoweGear
2015-02-25, 11:48
That Nagato moment was..... :eek::eyespin:

Also when Yamato was going to engage those planes I immediately thought "Is she firing shock cannons- wait a minute, wrong Yamato." :heh:

Kakurin
2015-02-25, 11:49
Don't know about the special case, since Fubuki also had her equipment on during the night stroll. Likewise Fubuki, Mutsuki and Yūdachi got theirs to pull the boat. So I think the staff simply chose to go ahead with the girls capable of deploying the equipment anywhere (although it would've been possible in their cases and the night case to imply that they went back to get the equipment with no time specification - not exactly possible for the boat situation). But as I said, a minor complaint only. But I really, really want to see the deployment of episode 1 in Yamato's case with those 46cm guns. :heh:

Kopi
2015-02-25, 12:01
Moe Nagamon, hotel in a hotel, ships in swimsuits, ship riding on a raft, snake > ships, etc. Man this was fun to watch :heh: Finally Poi Kai2!! Will her personality change though?

SaintessHeart
2015-02-25, 13:03
Swimsuit episode! Hotel-chan is here!

That Nagato moment was..... :eek::eyespin:

Also when Yamato was going to engage those planes I immediately thought "Is she firing shock cannons- wait a minute, wrong Yamato." :heh:

If she had Wave Motion cannons the entire Abyssal fleet would have been vaporised in a second. :heh:

Never mess with the imperial hotel.

Moe Nagamon, hotel in a hotel, ships in swimsuits, ship riding on a raft, snake > ships, etc. Man this was fun to watch :heh: Finally Poi Kai2!! Will her personality change though?

I wouldn't miss the chance to pick up that cute little doggy and start petting her. :p

kaizerknight01
2015-02-25, 13:28
Yamato need 2.5 times the up keep , Akagi meme being a glutton check , swimsuit episode check

Nagamon's reaction to cute squirrel = priceless

minor rant no cinematic equipment set up for Hotel ...

next week poi kai ni ...

cloud04
2015-02-25, 13:40

not that much but when it comes to battle, she just becomes badass XD
wooot yea the nightmare is coming
senpai noticed zuikaku XD

Newprimus
2015-02-25, 13:44
I was like wow swimsuits, then Nagato appeared in hers and I went WOW.

Kitakami's was really nice too.

panzerfan
2015-02-25, 14:21
I kept thinking in terms of gameplay mechanics throughout the episode.
First thing. There's no way that anyone who is sane would sortie the hotel on normal maps.
Second, that sanshikidan was kind of cool, (even if it wasn't a cut-in)

Klashikari
2015-02-25, 14:25
While it isn't exactly a "quality issue", I'm not sure how I should feel about the absence of radar on Yamato's head when she doesn't have her rigging.
Yoshinori kept this feature all the time, regardless if Yamato is shown with her rigging or not for the various official artworks. Likewise, it is a bit inconsistent with other ships like Kongou, Nagato and Mutsu who still have them.

Meanwhile, I'm trying to figure out the "timeline" between ep 7 and 8. Kaga's repair was set for 30h, and it wouldn't make sense for the series if it somehow could be shortened somehow. Meanwhile, there was already a sunset at the end of ep7, so either Fubuki's fleet spend the night somewhere or en route, or they came back to the base (which would explain Kongou's mention of Mutsu).
But then, why didn't they simply put Shoukaku in the docks and waited for her before going to the forward base?

Gravitas Free Zone
2015-02-25, 14:41
Oh, and a minor complaint by me: Yamato on the boat with only her umbrella. And then all of a sudden she has her full equipment there (with those impressive 46cm guns, was fun to see the effect they had on the sea) to repel those Abyssal planes? :eyebrow:

She has plenty of room to hide the equipment upon her person? :heh:

panzerfan
2015-02-25, 14:43
While it isn't exactly a "quality issue", I'm not sure how I should feel about the absence of radar on Yamato's head when she doesn't have her rigging.
Yoshinori kept this feature all the time, regardless if Yamato is shown with her rigging or not for the various official artworks. Likewise, it is a bit inconsistent with other ships like Kongou, Nagato and Mutsu who still have them.

Meanwhile, I'm trying to figure out the "timeline" between ep 7 and 8. Kaga's repair was set for 30h, and it wouldn't make sense for the series if it somehow could be shortened somehow. Meanwhile, there was already a sunset at the end of ep7, so either Fubuki's fleet spend the night somewhere or en route, or they came back to the base (which would explain Kongou's mention of Mutsu).
But then, why didn't they simply put Shoukaku in the docks and waited for her before going to the forward base?

I think they did get back to base before sortieing to Truk. I guess if the admiral wishes for all available asset to be at Truk, he may not want to have Shoukaku sitting at Kure to undergo repair. The repair time for Shoukaku should only go through the night though.

AC-Phoenix
2015-02-25, 15:08
Finally found the time to see the episode and it was a good laugh.

Nagato was a bit mean at the beginning, the reasons behind it aside for a moment. Its reasonable to to risk having Yamato damaged, but not even letting her swim like a normal girl was a bit much.:rolleyes:

Yamato is apparently also the only ship I could see thus far who is using her propulsion riggng as shoes.

Originally I wanted to see if the developers had built in an easter egg that gave a bigger chance for Yamato to drop in LSC today due to her first appearance in the episode. - Then I saw the huge amount of food she had on her table and thought:

- Nope :heh:

Fubuki giving her best to tow yamato was fun too, I'm not sure 3 destroyers would have been able to actually pull Yamato though, and I was expecting Mutsu or Atago ignoring Nagato's message and come to help pull her.

However this episode also puts an earlier episode to question, namely the one where Kongou jumped at Ooyodo thinking she'd be the admiral. If they actually have their orginal weight or even something close to it there is no way in hell the admiral would have survived that :twitch: .

I'm also starting to wonder whether the girls are aware of having been actual hulks of steel in the past, especially Yamato.
I mean its no wonder Akagi has only heard rumors about her, but it seems they also decided to totally ignore Musashi's existance for the time being.

panzerfan
2015-02-25, 15:16
Finally found the time to see the episode and it was a good laugh.

Nagato was a bit mean at the beginning, the reasons behind it aside for a moment. Its reasonable to to risk having Yamato damaged, but not even letting her swim like a normal girl was a bit much.:rolleyes:

Yamato is apparently also the only ship I could see thus far who is using her propulsion riggng as shoes.

Originally I wanted to see if the developers had built in an easter egg that gave a bigger chance for Yamato to drop in LSC today due to her first appearance in the episode. - Then I saw the huge amount of food she had on her table and thought:

- Nope :heh:

Fubuki giving her best to tow yamato was fun too, I'm not sure 3 destroyers would have been able to actually pull Yamato though, and I was expecting Mutsu or Atago ignoring Nagato's message and come to help pull her.

However this episode also puts an earlier episode to question, namely the one where Kongou jumped at Ooyodo thinking she'd be the admiral. If they actually have their orginal weight or even something close to it there is no way in hell the admiral would have survived that :twitch: .

I'm also starting to wonder whether the girls are aware of having been actual hulks of steel in the past, especially Yamato.
I mean its no wonder Akagi has only heard rumors about her, but it seems they also decided to totally ignore Musashi's existance for the time being.

Would Nagato let Yamato waste fuel when this district's having problem with fuel shortages from overextended supply line? No. Frankly, there's problems with the way how the district commanding officer's running the fleet. That's the real issue. Nagato and Kongou kai2 together come underneath Yamato's consumption as you well know.

Akagi and Kaga were long gone by the time Musashi and Yamato were sortied at Leyte. Yamato's existence is no secret within the brass, but none of them would have much to say about what the hotels could actually do. I doubt that any CarDiv would have anything positive to say of them, when one of these Yamato san guns cost the same as Zuikaku with full fighter wing compliment

AC-Phoenix
2015-02-25, 15:43
Would Nagato let Yamato waste fuel when this district's having problem with fuel shortages from overextended supply line? No. Frankly, there's problems with the way how the district commanding officer's running the fleet. That's the real issue. Nagato and Kongou kai2 together come underneath Yamato's consumption as you well know.

Akagi and Kaga were long gone by the time Musashi and Yamato were sortied at Leyte. Yamato's existence is no secret within the brass, but none of them would have much to say about what the hotels could actually do. I doubt that any CarDiv would have anything positive to say of them, when one of these Yamato san guns cost the same as Zuikaku with full fighter wing compliment

I never doubted the decision to not deploy her but the one to not even let her take a swim, using her own very 'human' feet and hands as a mean to move forward in the water.
If they complain about the fuel she would use for swimming, they could as well put her in a wheelchair and forbid her to move althoughter.

James Rye
2015-02-25, 15:56
What a nice beach episode. All dem swimsuits! <3
Such a shame we did not got to see Akagi and Kaga though~
Kaga praises Zuikaku! Zuikaku's happy but ofc doesn't admit it and Kaga's blushing! That moment alone will be the inspiration of dozens if not a hundred new Zuikaga pictures/comics! XD
That Moe Nagato is diabetus! <3 <3 <3
Fubuki is great at getting friends, isn't she?^^
Next episode, Poi-chan gets an upgrade! Wooot!!! I wonder if that will change her persoality as I heard the Kai Ni Yuudachi is more battlehungry/bloodlusty than the normal Yuudachi.

All those strong secret ships and upgrades feel like we got a really strong battle ahead and all the girls there are girls who had their SOL moments and who even those of us who don't play the game came to love. Makes me worried that some of them won't make it till the final episode of this season. Especially some of the Akatsukis and Agaki might have big death flags waving upon their heads in a couple episodes.

Kakurin
2015-02-25, 16:04
I never doubted the decision to not deploy her but the one to not even let her take a swim, using her own very 'human' feet and hands as a mean to move forward in the water.
If they complain about the fuel she would use for swimming, they could as well put her in a wheelchair and forbid her to move althoughter.
Nagato wasn't forbidding her to swim. She wasn't going to allow them leave the base after Fubuki made the suggestion that afterwards they get their gear and get offshore.

~Yami~
2015-02-25, 16:11
I must give the highest compliment to the scenario-writer
Before watching, I only know these facts: Yamato's name is similar with a lot of hotel's name so she dislike to be called as hotel.. and she is rarely sortie due to her power

but the anime managed to make Yamato give the best hospitality like in a high-star hotel because she didn't have anything to do in the island
That firepower... that equipment... oh gawd! no wonder she is strong as hell... and glutton as well :heh:
so Nagato's point is actually we don't need two Akagi in the squad so Yamato didn't need to sortie

Nagato as tsundere is unexpected... and Kaga pet Zuikaku's head.. :heh:
feel little bad though because Fubuki didn't sleep with Zuikaku and Kaga in this episode
and also I feel the lack of kanmusu in this episode is unsatisfying... only 6th destroyer team, Carrier group 1, Carrier group 5, Nagamon, Mutsu, Yamato, Yuudachi, and Mitsuki
where are the others?

I died several times during episode maybe because Yamato is so moe and beautiful... damn! must get her in game

next episode... Kai-ni poi??? *hype hype hype*

IceHism
2015-02-25, 16:16
So, when do ships have their real weight or their human weight?

This episode was too cute for me on all fronts.

Nightmare of Solomon next episode with red eyed yuudachi. Can't wait.
I wonder if anyone else is getting Kai ni.

Miraluka
2015-02-25, 16:18
It's kind of shocking how Ooi is annoying even in swimsuit... :uhoh:

James Rye
2015-02-25, 16:28
So, when do ships have their real weight or their human weight?

This episode was too cute for me on all fronts.

Nightmare of Solomon next episode with red eyed yuudachi. Can't wait.
I wonder if anyone else is getting Kai ni.

Maybe on land they have normal weight but once they hit the ocean they get their ship weights?

I wonder if Yuudachi gets her upgrade before the battle or after a battle in the next episode where she shows great results. Later would somehow make more sense than the first.

It's kind of shocking how Ooi is annoying even in swimsuit... :uhoh:

Any boobs expect Kitakami's are the enemy! How can you be so ignorant to not know that?! XDDD

Kakurin
2015-02-25, 16:55
Those two made my day:

"Kawaii detchu ne"

http://i.imgur.com/Gj0vPIC.gif

and

"Amai detchu ne"

http://i.imgur.com/GzGAgYW.gif

:D

cloud04
2015-02-25, 16:57
Avatar size gif incoming lol now if poi gets k2 wondet who else will get if ever

Nvis
2015-02-25, 16:59
Fubuki should mind her own business as Nagato says!
Fubuki is glutton for punishment.

Favorites:

-Akagi (no swimsuit:()
-Nagato (swimsuit+bath+squirrel) :nod:
-Atago (swimsuit) :nod:
-Mutsu (no swimsuit, but the squirrel thing....)
-Ooi (I like her personality)
-Yamato (fancy swimsuit+that's a lot of firepower :eek:) :nod:

Eyes on:

-Takao (swimsuit) :nod:
-Shimakaze (this girl's lonely more so than Yamato)
-Kongou
-Shoukaku
-Kaga
-Wo class

Dislike:

-Naka

Curious about the Poi-remodel........

DerGilga
2015-02-25, 17:13
I presume that Yamato's fuel consumtion is caused by her huge ... stern. So how to solve that problem. Let that huge stern be carried by 3 smaller ships which weren't designed for this task! *love anime physics*
also *love nagamon*

chaosprophet
2015-02-25, 17:59
Maybe on land they have normal weight but once they hit the ocean they get their ship weights?
Maybe it's connected with the fact that she was able to make her rigging appear like that, so even thought it wasn't out/equipped, it was still with her and made her heavy.

Top Sergeant
2015-02-25, 18:36
Ah, beautiful Yamato, and she wears the Imperial Chrysanthemum around her neck!

And they showed her firing those special anti-aircraft 18" shells the real Yamato carried. Very impressive rigging, by the way! Hopefully will get to see her in action before the season ends.

Nagato and the Squirrel was awesome, as was the scene that Mutsu teased her about it.

If the Solomon islands are next, then I'd expect at least some night fights. :)

panzerfan
2015-02-25, 18:55
The thing that I am surprised about with Truk is that Akashi is nowhere to be found.This was where she did her magic... oh well.

cloud04
2015-02-25, 19:25
The thing that I am surprised about with Truk is that Akashi is nowhere to be found.This was where she did her magic... oh well.

maybe she made the whole base ;p

Wandering Soul
2015-02-25, 19:40
That Nagato scene with the squirrel:heh:

Other than that nice episode for Yamato.

lfhoule
2015-02-25, 19:45
Too bad none of the Akitsukis were around to see Nagato with the squirrel, then they would have an idea of what to distract her with if she were eyeing them... and Shimakaze's swimsuit is just her regular outfit. Would a school swimsuit like what all the other destroyers were wearing be too modest... or heavy?
With all the meals that Yamato-san was serving to everyone else, it reminded me of one small fact that, while in Truk, besides being a "hotel", Yamato was also a fuel barge... one with 46cm guns, but still treated like a fuel barge.

The Green One
2015-02-25, 21:17
Sheesh I knew Yamato was strong, she's practically a walking bombardment platform. Too bad her upkeep is so astronomical.

IceHism
2015-02-25, 21:32
If the Solomon islands are next, then I'd expect at least some night fights. :)

I think next might actually be ironbottom sound

Random Wanderer
2015-02-25, 21:37
So Yamato embodies awesome but impractical, got it. Poor girl.

Kai ni Poi certainly tends to look much more aggressive in fanart than her standard version. I wonder if her personality will change.

Requiem-x
2015-02-25, 22:22
Yamato is here! And she's hot as all hell! Is that not enough? How about some tsunkaku and Nagamon to go with it? Yeah, this was a fine episode, so much I'm don't even care about Yamato's rigging's appearing act. My only complaint is that we got too little time for it all, then again, that should be a given since we're talking about kancolle and its truckload of likable characters.

Man, when Nagato was staring at that squirrel I had to pause the video for a couple minutes, I actually couldn't believe they were doing it :heh: Also loved Kaga's compliment to Zuikaku, who went full tsun this time around. Hopefully we'll get more Zuikaga stuff fro mthe fans now, as well as Nagato doujins that aren't like... well, almost everything that's already out, really.

Also, must say I'm glad nothing too bad happened with Yamato and Fubuki trying to help her, I was afraid we'd be entering SW 1st season territory there.

Next week, it's finally here! POI TIME!!!:D:D:D

I wouldn't miss the chance to pick up that cute little doggy and start petting her. :p

Sto... oh, who am I kidding? Everyone wants to pet Yuudachi :D

Wild Goose
2015-02-25, 22:43
Nice and easy episode, so I expect the next episode is going to be all combat.

And Nagato's softer and dere side was so adorable. :D In the end, Nagato too has a maiden's heart. :p

Also holy crap resources. And the Type 3 shells were a lot more effective here than IRL lol.

Saint X
2015-02-25, 22:48
Also holy crap resources. And the Type 3 shells were a lot more effective here than IRL lol.

Yes. As a Yamato-housing Admiral, she's way up there for resources- so much so that i have only deployed her like 10 times so far.

True that T3 Shells along with certain equipment setups can possibly wipe an enemy air assault and totally neuter enemy carriers in game.

=====

Also quoting what I want to see of Poi K2 from another forum:

I would like Yuudachi in particular suffer a near sinking- so much damage that she still needs bandages (over most of her face save for one eye), a sickbay bed and still unconscious after being docked. Fubuki, Mutsuki and co. get notified of the "prognosis" that they are unsure what actually will happen to her- or if she even wakes up.

Then come one of Fubuki's sorties now in the deep south. As our protagonist slowly loses against the odds, in true shounen fashion, the single eye opens- now colored bloody red.

and we all know what happens next.

Eisdrache
2015-02-25, 23:01
I'm not familiar with the designs, but is Yuudachi even kai yet?

Marina2
2015-02-25, 23:05
It will be interesting to see how will they show Poi changes to Kai Ni Poi.

Will she go in a room and come out as Kai ni or will she transform right in the middle of a battle (like magical girl tranformation).

IceHism
2015-02-25, 23:10
I'm not familiar with the designs, but is Yuudachi even kai yet?

Kai is literally the same as the pre-kai forms. They just get a shinier and different color background portrait on their card in the game.

Only Kai ni changes appearances / outfits

Wild Goose
2015-02-25, 23:14
Also dat side slit thing in Yamato's skirt. I totes want to slip my hands into those "pockets"

DAMNIT KANCOLLE I WAS VIRTUOUS IN THE SIGHT OF THE EMPEROR

NOW YOU'RE ALL MAKING ME FALL TO SLAANESH :(

Requiem-x
2015-02-25, 23:18

Will she go in a room and come out as Kai ni or will she transform right in the middle of a battle (like magical girl tranformation).

First option is too boring, unless Yuubari gets called to perform a extreme makeover or if it's done while everyone else is having a rough battle. Or both.

Also dat side slit thing in Yamato's skirt. I totes want to slip my hands into those "pockets"

Don't they look so warm? And it shows her underwear is lewder than Shoukaku's.

Also, don't know if the anime has actually show them, but Ooyodo has those "pockets" as well.

Sheba
2015-02-25, 23:49

DBZ style, "ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT KIRINRIN?"

Shiden_N
2015-02-26, 00:15
Also, don't know if the anime has actually show them, but Ooyodo has those "pockets" as well.

At the very least, at the start of ep 7, when she's telling Nagato and Mutsu about the new operation.

Ernietheracefan
2015-02-26, 01:26
I thought Shoukaku has a medium sized boobs..

Nvis
2015-02-26, 01:49
How'd they get equipped all of the sudden? Magic?

Ex. Most noticeably Yamato in the middle of ocean on a boat then suddenly fully equipped when she stands on water....

Newprimus
2015-02-26, 03:15
I thought at first that Fubuki stowed it all inside that crate that was also on the raft.

Khader
2015-02-26, 03:33
hotel yamato chan and nagamon were kawaii this episode :3

Ithekro
2015-02-26, 03:50
Nagato is going to try to talk the Admiral into trying to take objective MO. As long at they don't head out to objective MI they should be "fine". Though the Solomons were no picnic for the IJN. At least they still have their fleet carriers at the moment.

(Historically, Yuudachi was the last of the three main character destroyers to be sunk around the Solomons. Mutsuki and Fubuki sank earlier around those islands).

Klashikari
2015-02-26, 06:19
Ah, beautiful Yamato, and she wears the Imperial Chrysanthemum around her neck!
Actually, if you look closely at the crest on her neck early in the episode, it is actually not the Chrysanthemum but the Sakura emblem, which was also the case in the game.
Considering the Chrysanthemum is the symbol of the Great Empire of Japan, it would be really dangerous and clumsy to use it in a game that avoids political messages.
Yes. As a Yamato-housing Admiral, she's way up there for resources- so much so that i have only deployed her like 10 times so far.It really depends if you manages your resources while taking in consideration her resources consumption. She is pretty much deployed daily for PVP and weekly for specific quests in my case, even moreso during events.
Only Kai ni changes appearances / outfitsThis isn't a correct general rule. Many ships have different appearances when they are remodeled for the first time.
For instance, every BB and CA turning into BBV and CAV have different images. Likewise, some exceptions like the Shiratsuyu done by Ichiso (except Yuudachi and Shigure, obviously) gets a new art with the first remodel.

Estavali
2015-02-26, 06:39
I'm of the opinion that Kancolle is probably following the same story format as the first two Nanoha series, save for the fact that the Nanoha series also developed its antagonists while Kancolle doesn't =3

In any case, if it is indeed so, then this should probably be the last SoL episode and the next three would push the story to its climax, with leaving the last episode to wrap up everything after the battle. And Tanaka-willing, maybe leave enough space for a second series =3

Just a guess of course, so I could be wrong on all counts =3.

Back to the episode, the first thing that came to mind was...

"blah blah Truk blah blah"

(Did they plan the event to end just days before this episode airs? =w=)

Well, at least we got to see Hotel in swimsuit (bikini even!), something that she never did in the 4koma because of her pa-*SANDANSHIKI-ED*

Sheba
2015-02-26, 06:43
That Nagamon is perfect Nagamon. It's not the DD molester that fandom eventually flanderized Nagamon as, but the girl who is cool on the outside but soft on the inside much like Sakaki from Azumanga Daioh. Only one or two fanartists nailed it before the anime aired.

Saint X
2015-02-26, 07:05
Nagato is going to try to talk the Admiral into trying to take objective MO. As long at they don't head out to objective MI they should be "fine". Though the Solomons were no picnic for the IJN. At least they still have their fleet carriers at the moment.

(Historically, Yuudachi was the last of the three main character destroyers to be sunk around the Solomons. Mutsuki and Fubuki sank earlier around those islands).

I can now sniff a Mutsuki K2 in the works as well.

======

Speaking of Magic!equipments, My guess is that while the assembly catapult attaches the equipment to the girls, they can actually dress/undress or even summon/unsummon them while another piece of equipment actually detaches the equipment (in a 'permanent' sense).

Estavali
2015-02-26, 07:09
That Nagamon is perfect Nagamon. It's not the DD molester that fandom eventually flanderized Nagamon as, but the girl who is cool on the outside but soft on the inside much like Sakaki from Azumanga Daioh. Only one or two fanartists nailed it before the anime aired.

Mutsu for "Best Sister" candidate too 3

Kakurin
2015-02-26, 07:35
Mutsu for "Best Sister" candidate too 3
Mutsu's teasing through all episodes is really great. She's climbed the ladder among my favourites (and Nagato too). :D

Top Sergeant
2015-02-26, 07:41
Actually, if you look closely at the crest on her neck early in the episode, it is actually not the Chrysanthemum but the Sakura emblem, which was also the case in the game.

Ah, you are quite right! I re-watched the episode and took a close look, and that was not the chrysanthemum as I had thought.

The second time through I did notice, in the Nagato bath scene, that she quickly looked around just before she grabbed the squirrel. That just made the scene even more funny!

JokerD
2015-02-26, 09:07
I thought Yamato not being allowed into the water was a reference to her causing a tsunami when she was first launched due to her displacement :heh:

blakstealth
2015-02-26, 09:11
Jesus lawd, this episode. Yamato.....is a GODDAMN BEAUTY. HOLY SHIT. And her cannons.....HOLY SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIT.

And I should've known everyone in this show has their own quirk, Nagato included. x3

Estavali
2015-02-26, 09:23
That steak Akagi had reminds me of Yamaguchi Tamon (aka Tamon-maru) =3. Yamaguchi was a big-eater too and when asked about the food he had on the Yamato, his reply was, "Delicious, but the servings are too little."

From hence on, by order of Admiral Yamamoto, he was given two steaks instead of the usual one for his meals :heh:

The Green One
2015-02-26, 09:24
I often see comments about scenes where the girls magically are or aren't wearing their armaments. Does it really matter? It's not that big a deal.

Tactics
2015-02-26, 09:38
Yamato in swimsuit episode ...

At least, Yamato smile at the end-- simply priceless ...

Benigmatica
2015-02-26, 10:45
While Yamato was the main focus on this episode, Nagato basically stole it with her hidden cute side!

Thank you Mutsu for reminding everyone that Nagato likes cute things! :heh:

AC-Phoenix
2015-02-26, 12:41
I often see comments about scenes where the girls magically are or aren't wearing their armaments. Does it really matter? It's not that big a deal.

It makes the previous scenes where they had to deploy from special facilities questionable.
If they don't need those facilities at all they could have simply gone 'and suddenly weapons are there' from the very beginning and would have saved budget as well as time for more story content.

frodonk
2015-02-26, 12:46
Watching this episode only made me wonder more about the reaction of those old men from the IJN during WWII about the portrayal of their pride and joy almost 70 years to the day she was sunk.

I mean, would they be delighted or horrified that their moefied superbattleship is now so elegant, beautiful and homely? Would they be happy that their ships are still known and recognized all throughout the world (but mainly by kancolle otakus), although they're now scantily clothed bishoujos and even more so when they're damaged?

Nah I already know the answer to that, being the old fogies that they are I assume that they'll be horrified and have a heart attack or something.

Sheba
2015-02-26, 12:49
Watching this episode only made me wonder more about the reaction of those old men from the IJN during WWII about the portrayal of their pride and joy almost 70 years to the day she was sunk.

I mean, would they be delighted or horrified that their moefied superbattleship is now so elegant, beautiful and homely? Would they be happy that their ships are still known and recognized all throughout the world (but mainly by kancolle otakus), although they're now scantily clothed bishoujos and even more so when they're damaged?

Nah I already know the answer to that, being the old fogies that they are I assume that they'll be horrified and have a heart attack or something.

Not quite what you think it is. (http://sgcafe.com/2014/01/original-battleship-yahagi-crew-member-meets-ships-kantai-collection-counterpart/)

frodonk
2015-02-26, 12:55
Not quite what you think it is. (http://sgcafe.com/2014/01/original-battleship-yahagi-crew-member-meets-ships-kantai-collection-counterpart/)

Just one of thousands who fought during that time, though I guess that's nice, I can even imagine him saying "that's a nice girl" in japanese while looking at the picture lol.

Houreki
2015-02-26, 14:22
Nagato stole the whole episode to me ;)

Ithekro
2015-02-26, 14:36
Yamato has remained famous. It is the other ships that are getting some limelight (no Naka, not just you).

Interestingly, for a Space Battleship Yamato concert coming soon, Bandai Channel was streaming the most recent Yamato 2199 film yesterday. In it is a direct reference to Hotel Yamato, where they go literal. Inside a copy of Battleship Yamato is one of the Hotels (in the Amazon rainforest)! (meanwhile space battleship Yamato is nearby in orbit.)

Space Battleship Yamato also uses the Type 3 shells to great effect in the film.

Estavali
2015-02-26, 15:48

Your so-called old fogies are actually more worried about Kancolle becoming a radicalizing factor =/

WWII Japan is still a controversial issue in that country. A good example are the debates that were raised over "The Eternal Zero" and more recently "The Wind Rises". In a Asahi Shimbun article in May 2014 (http://www.asahi.com/articles/ASG5F455FG5FPWPJ004.html), it reported that folks who had experienced the war feel uneasy over how Kancolle's popularity has helped pushed sales of model ships, worried that this interest in military-themed models would lead to have a glorified view of the military itself within the younger generation, making way for a pro-war attitude.

(On a sidenote, it's not just Kancolle that has this effect on model sales. Tank models also reported a similar boost with Girls und Panzer =3).

Of course, this article brought feedback from a good many TTKs. Putting the imho rather farfetched "Interest in models = Interest in joining the military" theory aside, the article ignored that it was because of interest in Kancolle that many people began to learn and understand the history behind the Pacific War, and the consequences that followed. No long after, someone submitted a counter-argument (http://imgur.com/fujCnKX) to the paper, of which included this excellent passage:

"The most important thing is that, by knowing that precious lives would be lost, we would not embrace a right-wing doctrine so easy, nor would we condone war as an end. If our people are left in the dark, apathetic and stop thinking, wouldn't this make it even easier for us to walk down the road to war? "

On a more cheerful note, a perhaps unintended side-effect of Kancolle's popularity is that the grandchildren of former IJN personnel began to take interest in their grandfathers' experiences. A good example would be the increase of requests for the wartime duty records of ex-soldiers by their descendants (http://www.sankei.com/life/news/140511/lif1405110012-n1.html). In the past such requests were usually made by veteran societies for archiving purposes or for ex-military men or their kin for autobiographies. In fact, the Ministry of Health, Labour, and Welfare reported that requests fell from 898 made in 2005 to 403 in 2011, and then up to 639 in 2013. While folks from the Ministry "aren't sure what's the reason for this increase", they believe it's probably due to the interest generated by the "Eternal Zero" movie as well as this game.

So coming back, yes, maybe veterans might be bemused or even disturbed that the ships on which they had braved storms and Allied military might are now... cute girls. And then again they might be just shrug and even chuckle, knowing that this is this and that is that, that the cute girls their grandchildren are obsessed with are not the warships that they had been with until the very end. Who knows, maybe now they might even find it easier to chat with the kids, with the warships and shipgirls as a new common ground. Like, say, Gramps puffed up with pride how the ship he was on would definitely be a fine woman and that sort of thing =3

To automatically assume that every one of them would just foam at the mouth and flip shows prejudice towards the old imho =3

Btw, just for laughs, a Japanese fan tweeted (http://i.imgur.com/2LHiSic.jpg) sometime back about how his late grandfather was a signaler on the Yuubari, the experiences he shared with his grandson.... and how he, the grandson, had, errr, "used" the R-18 Yuubari doujin he bought at C85 (thrice at that too) and was now too ashamed to admit it at his grandpa's grave :heh:

bhl88
2015-02-26, 17:07
Btw, just for laughs, a Japanese fan tweeted (http://i.imgur.com/2LHiSic.jpg) sometime back about how his late grandfather was a signaler on the Yuubari, the experiences he shared with his grandson.... and how he, the grandson, had, errr, "used" the R-18 Yuubari doujin he bought at C85 (thrice at that too) and was now too ashamed to admit it at his grandpa's grave :heh:

lol I'd like to see that doujinshi....

Wait, "used"?

Gravitas Free Zone
2015-02-26, 20:53
Wait, "used"?

I hope he didn't "use" anything directly onto the doujin.

This reminds me of a more general version of what was alleged to have happened with Chuck Yeager when Strike Witches came out.

risingstar3110
2015-02-27, 03:24
First it was Yamato's "I'm not a hotel" . Then it's Zuikaga. Then KTKM-sama in swimsuit. Followed with Nagamon. and capped with Yamato again in full rig...

*die, no regret*

*revive myself when heard about Poi Kai Ni next week*

Requiem-x
2015-02-27, 07:53
First it was Yamato's "I'm not a hotel" . Then it's Zuikaga. Then KTKM-sama in swimsuit. Followed with Nagamon. and capped with Yamato again in full rig...

*die, no regret*

*revive myself when heard about Poi Kai Ni next week*

Nothing about Yamato in a swimsuit? Or how about most of the destroyers becoming subs, apparently :heh:

Oh right, Kitakami-sama went with a surprisingly showy one. Also, gotta say I was surprised seeing Ooi getting some breast envy when she's often portrayed as being stacked.

Sheba
2015-02-27, 07:58
Kitakami's swimsuit is the best swimsuit in this episode.

Estavali
2015-02-27, 08:03
Nothing about Yamato in a swimsuit? Or how about most of the destroyers becoming subs, apparently :heh:

Oh right, Kitakami-sama went with a surprisingly showy one. Also, gotta say I was surprised seeing Ooi getting some breast envy when she's often portrayed as being stacked.

I was a bit disappointed with Yamato's swimsuit tbh. I expected it to be a bit more... filled-out at the top =3. Maybe the thing about the pads is real after all...

*hears thunder in the horizon*

Here they come again :uhoh: *dives into the nearest hole*

Requiem-x
2015-02-27, 08:21
I was a bit disappointed with Yamato's swimsuit tbh. I expected it to be a bit more... filled-out at the top =3. Maybe the thing about the pads is real after all...

What? I thought Yamato was really stacked, right there with Nagato. Just how much bigger did you want them to be? She has a perfectly good body already.

Estavali
2015-02-27, 08:31
What? I thought Yamato was really stacked, right there with Nagato. Just how much bigger did you want them to be? She has a perfectly good body already.

Hmmm, not big enough.... Or rather I feel that the swimsuit doesn't show off her curves as well as I think it should, especially when compared to Nagato's, Takao's, Atago's and even Kitakami's =3. Her swimsuit appearance even came with a sound effect; naturally I would expect to be overwhelmed by what comes next =3

Requiem-x
2015-02-27, 09:29
Hmmm, not big enough.... Or rather I feel that the swimsuit doesn't show off her curves as well as I think it should, especially when compared to Nagato's, Takao's, Atago's and even Kitakami's =3. Her swimsuit appearance even came with a sound effect; naturally I would expect to be overwhelmed by what comes next =3

Something along the lines of a bikini and a thong then? I wouldn't mind that. Doesn't sound too elegant.

Kinda funny Yamato is the one girl with less focus on her body during the beach section, her episode and all. That said, I did like the direction things took, the whole secluded princess thing fits her type (until she wips out the big guns).

AC-Phoenix
2015-02-27, 10:00

Pads? Nope.
Bomb caps ;)

blakstealth
2015-02-27, 18:48
Ayo Yamato looks beautiful enough for me. She needs no enhancements or implants.

Klashikari
2015-02-27, 18:58
Well, considering Yamato's attitude and personality, something more elegant or simple fits her more (although I'm still puzzled by that "additional" black piece...). Whereas someone like Nagato or Kitakami are not really the kind of girl being bashful with swimsuits, Yamato would probably have more trouble to deal with a swimsuit as daring as Nagato's.

Beside the swimsuit style, it certainly doesn't put much emphasis on her... assets although even in the anime, she is rather on the "big" side, which doesn't exactly conflict with the sound effect. In fact, considering how slender she is, it is quite normal for Ooi to be surprised.
Not like she has to be on the same tier as Nagato or Atago mind you.

Speaking of which, I'm always amused that people keep mentioning the "pads" despite she is quite well endowed regardless.

cloud04
2015-02-27, 19:16
just reminded me, when fubuki said she know the feeling when others go sortie and she didnt, i wonder if fubuki came from the naval district where shouhou and the other were

Requiem-x
2015-02-27, 19:39
Well, considering Yamato's attitude and personality, something more elegant or simple fits her more (although I'm still puzzled by that "additional" black piece...). Whereas someone like Nagato or Kitakami are not really the kind of girl being bashful with swimsuits, Yamato would probably have more trouble to deal with a swimsuit as daring as Nagato's.

Beside the swimsuit style, it certainly doesn't put much emphasis on her... assets although even in the anime, she is rather on the "big" side, which doesn't exactly conflict with the sound effect. In fact, considering how slender she is, it is quite normal for Ooi to be surprised.
Not like she has to be on the same tier as Nagato or Atago mind you.

Speaking of which, I'm always amused that people keep mentioning the "pads" despite she is quite well endowed regardless.

It is a weird design, but the extra bits combined with the colors give the whole getup an elegant look than a regular bikini couldn't pull off, while still being VERY sexy.

Honestly, I find discussing the pertinence of "the sound" needles; I've watched enough fanservice folled shows to know that sound applies to any nice body in general, not just the biggest breasts around, and Yamato definetly has a nice body. Of course, there's also the surprise factor of getting Yamato in a sexy swimsuit all of a sudden.

About the pads, its quite unique of a "quirk" to have, and since Yamato of all the girls is the one using, of course people's interest will be piqued. I actually expected them to appear before the episode, but now I'm glad it didn't happen, that kind of joke would've cheapened her situation, even if its after all is resolved. Besides, we got Nagamon instead, so its cool.

AC-Phoenix
2015-02-27, 19:40

I guess the reason people mention them is that 3 jokes are hidden there (no pun intended)

Americans thought Yamato was smaller
Her pad's are actually (dive?) bomb shells.
I tested it for the lolz, typing 'bomb shell' into google doesn't actually yield a bomb's shell (as suspected) one needs to add the word 'bomb' behind it to actually get pictures of bombs

Marcus H.
2015-02-27, 20:14
I find it endearing that Fubuki gets her senpai moment with Yamato.
But I instantly went taiha when Nagato snuggled with that squirrel. :heh:

Ithekro
2015-02-27, 20:14
Armored caps to protect the vitals.

Xero8420
2015-02-28, 00:35
Nah, Yamato-chan need no shell cap for her swimsuit, cause it'll be even more awkward for her to wear that pair of "pads" underneath the swimsuit. She already look beautiful and well-endowed without them, unless she goes out for sortie.

Anyway, I'm delighted with this episode which focus on Yamato, including Nagamon's true nature. xD

It's understandable that TTK is currently tight on resources, and needed more time to resupply. But still, it seemed exaggerating to be too sensitive over Yamato's resource-hungry nature as a super battleship, especially when Fubuki tried to take Yamato for just a little dip on sea.

PS: Kongou must be a little careful with her speech next time, cause she might unknowingly provoke some negativity in others, even though she didn't really mean anything bad

Sheba
2015-02-28, 00:50
TTK didnt Orel Cruise enough.

OkamiNoKaze
2015-02-28, 01:24
Was anyone else reminded of this during Nagato's squirrel scene

LMxTFqPET5I

I Kind of want to see a mash-up

JokerD
2015-02-28, 04:54
BTW, anyone notice it does bode well for Carrier Div 1? Objective MO was not taken and Shokaku (and Zuikaku) is not available for the next operation as per history.

Kakurin
2015-02-28, 04:58
BTW, anyone notice it does bode well for Carrier Div 1? Objective MO was not taken and Shokaku (and Zuikaku) is not available for the next operation as per history.
Nothing was said of Zuikaku's availability. And Nagato intends to convince the teitoku to attack base MO again.

AC-Phoenix
2015-02-28, 06:26
Nah, Yamato-chan need no shell cap for her swimsuit, cause it'll be even more awkward for her to wear that pair of "pads" underneath the swimsuit. She already look beautiful and well-endowed without them, unless she goes out for sortie.

Anyway, I'm delighted with this episode which focus on Yamato, including Nagamon's true nature. xD

It's understandable that TTK is currently tight on resources, and needed more time to resupply. But still, it seemed exaggerating to be too sensitive over Yamato's resource-hungry nature as a super battleship, especially when Fubuki tried to take Yamato for just a little dip on sea.

PS: Kongou must be a little careful with her speech next time, cause she might unknowingly provoke some negativity in others, even though she didn't really mean anything bad

Oh don't worry about Yamato's feelings she has 3 46cm triple gun mounts to express them ;)

Nothing was said of Zuikaku's availability. And Nagato intends to convince the teitoku to attack base MO again.

that and there is always the chance they will use a repair bucket despite the shortage after all.

SaintessHeart
2015-02-28, 08:29
I want Kitakami to make me milkshakes. :p

Xero8420
2015-02-28, 09:08
I want Kitakami to make me milkshakes. :p

Yamato-chan can make a 5-star grade milkshake for you. :p

SaintessHeart
2015-02-28, 09:28
Yamato-chan can make a 5-star grade milkshake for you. :p

But I want Kitakami's lemon-lime flavour. Ooi's strawberry flavoured one looks fresh too. :D

Random Wanderer
2015-02-28, 09:33
that and there is always the chance they will use a repair bucket despite the shortage after all.

There's no need any more. Shoukaku has been repaired now. I can only assume that, had she not been damaged and objective MO had been taken, the Kanmusu would have moved on to a completely different plan, and the events of this episode would never have occurred.

Personally I think the best evidence we could get to prove a break with history would be for Shouhou to have survived.

AC-Phoenix
2015-02-28, 10:00
There's no need any more. Shoukaku has been repaired now. I can only assume that, had she not been damaged and objective MO had been taken, the Kanmusu would have moved on to a completely different plan, and the events of this episode would never have occurred.

Personally I think the best evidence would could get to prove a break with history would be for Shouhou to have survived.

That s if she didn't leave the bath early for food to get back in later, which is quite possible in the anime.

Shoukaku took at least moderate damage, meaning repairing her should take around 5 hours minimum. - that is if she took half her HP as damage and is exactly lv 30.

Considering how she could literally no longer shoot I personally count on critical damage though.

Another problem is that we don't know how much time has passed since her getting damaged and the time she went to the base.

We actually don't even know the time their Operation MO attempt took, so they might have never returned to the base before going to Yamato's Island Hotel ressort and it just took so long that Kaga and Akagi got repaired and had enough time to get their in the meantime.

Klashikari
2015-02-28, 10:12
Mutsu confirmed Shoukaku is only moderately damaged. That said, Mutsu also confirmed it won't be possible for them to deploy her for the next operation if they were to stick to Operation FS.
Since they took the day off, it is very likely that Shoukaku will be operational for their second attempt at taking down MO base.

Ithekro
2015-02-28, 14:03
Maybe they need more resources for planes?

frodonk
2015-02-28, 14:30
To automatically assume that every one of them would just foam at the mouth and flip shows prejudice towards the old imho =3

No, I didn't expect all of them to be angry, I was imagining a more comedic reaction closer to "get off my lawn" stereotypes almost everyone uses to portray old people.

Considering that this is a very touchy subject indeed, I'm limiting my reply to this, and also because it's borderline offtopic :D

Besides, my first post was actually my reaction upon learning that in around 2 months time it would be the 70th anniversary of the sinking of Yamato.

Vaans
2015-03-02, 01:39
Hot damn. Yamato is one heck of a beauty. A hot curvy body, nice set of racks, and tall too.

jdennis007
2015-03-03, 09:39
So I have my 3 favorite girls now and all 3 are nee-san type girls.
Nagato the strict nee-san, Yamato the elegant nee-san, and Kongou the playful nee-san.

I just loved that scene of Nagato in the bath.

Ithekro
2015-03-04, 03:15
Today will be a poi day.

Marina2
2015-03-04, 04:54
Today will be a poi day.

...or her sunk day. :eyespin:

Ithekro
2015-03-04, 05:25
Either way, it means maximum poi.

Frosty
2015-03-04, 06:23
Hot damn. Yamato is one heck of a beauty. A hot curvy body, nice set of racks, and tall too.

I felt the same lol:heh: