PDA

View Full Version : High School DxD Light Novel - Volume 20

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

Gary29
2015-05-20, 20:28
This is a thread to discuss High School DxD Light Novel Volume 20.

Please stay on-topic and discuss what happens in this volume.
No shipping talk
No pointless chatter
No posting raws or novel illustrations
No posting translations of the novels themselves
No asking about when translations will be done
No posts only to update people about translation status (or to just say that something's "out")
No posts only to thank translators (please us PM or VM instead)

If you want to discuss a related topic, please feel free to request another thread be created about that topic.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Volume 20:

Release date - July 18th (spoilers July 17th onwards)

Title - Belial of Career Consultation

Short summary/teaser 1 - Phenex sibling's life and death situation are unknown. Rizevim's trap is closing in on Ophis!?

The Phenex siblings who suddenly disappeared from the game venue. With their whereabouts still unknown, the Occult Research Club becomes restless over the issue. At such a time, the DxD Team are informed of the irregularity occurring inside the pro league of the Rating Game.

Short summary/teaser 2 - ......you're bullying Asia-tan!

The despicable trap of Rizevim Lucifer bares its fangs towards the Hyoudou Residence. Nothing but selfless love can save them from this big crisis!!

Translation -

Current translator - zxzxzx (http://zxzxzx.info)

Original translator - n0m@n (http://shincodezeroblog.wordpress.com)

Project page - Baka-Tsuki (http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/?title=High_School_DxD)

Official Preview -

Behold, a great red dragon.
And his tail swept away a third of the stars of heaven and threw them to the earth.
And the dragon stood before the woman who was about to give birth, so that when she gave birth he might devour her child.…

-Excerpt from Revelation

I was too naive ――. All, because my judgement is too naive ――.
Not only Ravel, Ophis too as well as ――. ―― Hyoudou Issei

I am not going to be your substitute, Issei-kun. Aren't you Rias Gremory's Pawn!? ―― Kiba Yuuto
A close friend shakes the hesitation out of Issei's mind.

Parent-teacher meeting is important! It would be useless if you do not decide your career with your parents properly. ―― Rossweisse
It's easy to forget, but she is still a teacher.

Issei! Let's go! I will wear your power ―― Rias Gremory
The power of Sekiryuutei and Rias Gremory in one――.

……You should finish things up before graduating, don't you think? ―― Himejima Akeno
If possible, all fights must be settled with them――.

Protecting Asia is my specialty among specialty. ―― Xenovia Quarta
Exactly! We're the ones called the Church Trio. ―― Shidou Irina
The creation of flowery path of friendship, is fun indeed.

Rizevim Livan Lucifer, you're underestimating Dragons too much ―― Crom Cruach
The Malice of Satan's son, is pointed even towards the evilest of the Evil Dragon.

Lilith, strong. Very strong. ―― The Spawn of Ophis, Lilith
If possible, I did not want to fight ――.

....Ravel, please do be safe. ―― Toujou Koneko
Just earnestly praying for the safety of her friend.

That seems like something they will do.....they are starting to become desperate. Just what are you thinking, Lilin? ―― Azazel
The action taken, is it an unexpected move or a bad move.

Eeh, you really don't have an eye to see things. Do you think i'll take action in such a situation? ―― God of Destruction, Shiva
One who must be caution off ―― The God who Destroys.

I thought of it merely as a form of gossip. To think that such a "Piece" truly existed..... . ―― Sona Sitri
Sona Sitri's dreams ......fleetingly slips―― .

The darkness involving the Rating Games is far beyond your expectation. ―― Ajuka Beelzebub
The deeply rooted problem that Issei and his friends can't lay a hand on.

Ufufu, i'm sure your precious person is still alive. ―― Valerie Tepes
Valerie! Didn't I tell you not leave the room on without permission! ―― Gasper Vladi
The starting of life in Japan for Valerie and Gasper who is surprisingly strict of it.

I'll protect it, i'll definitely protect it. ―― Asia Argento
The wish of a girl known as the Holy Maiden ―― creates a miracle.

Well then, What should i do――? Continue on to fight you all? Or should i atone for my sins ―― Emperor Diehauser Belial
The atonement of your sins for Ravel and Riser's share is a must!

『Hey Dear, to think that we would be able to live in such as lively daily life.....i'm truly fortunate.』
『Yes truly, we've made a son. ―― We've also made a lot of daughters.』
『.....If possible, I wish to see it just a little longer』
『Yes, i truly wish to be with this family ―― .』

Uhyahyahya Hya Hya~tsu!
Now then, i'll say my farewell with you all around here.
Even if it's the Crimson, so long as it's a Sacred Gear, i can't, i won't be defeated! ―― Qlippoth's Leader, Rizevim Livan Lucifer

6 ―― I saw a beast rising from the sea.

Stand, Hyoudou Issei!
You ain't a person that will run out of strength in a place like this, aren't you!? ―― Hakuryuukou Vali Lucifer

VI ―― On its forehead lies the defiled name of God.

.....Yes, I know.
I will ―― Here today, even at the cost of my life will settle with score.
You....you alone.....I will absolutely not forgive........!―― Sekiryuutei Hyoudou Issei

Hexa ―― who will be able to fight against this beast.

Beyond the decision of his choice, the cruel conclusion of death awaits―― .

Issei is, my friend so―― .

Cover -

http://i.imgur.com/f9I4wTe.jpg

Spoilers - Coming Soon

I'll probably update this post with the spoilers once v20's actually out. Keep the info organized and stuff.

Speculate away, fellow DxD fans!

Archilla
2015-05-20, 20:29
Hypehypehypehype

Edit: That's probably pointless chatter. So I'll say I'm super excited for the Issei Volume. If it's anything like 10, I'll be over the moon.

DOmus
2015-05-20, 20:39
Finally got the time to read vol 18 and now the wait for vol 19, though being honest, this is the volume that I have been waiting the most. We will be able to know more about the dark world of the devil society and another focus on best girl Ravel if possible.

Chichiryuushintei
2015-05-20, 20:41
Thatawkwardmomentwhenyou'retheonewhoaskedforthethr eadbutthendoesn'tknowwhattosayinit.

Ishibumi should stop hanging out with Kubo, his cockteasing skills are getting too good. That summary is more mysterious than a few mystery movies I've seen. :heh:

@DOmus: Apparently the focus will be Ise himself this time. I'm not sure how that'll work when even V10 was a Rias focused volume.

Archilla
2015-05-20, 21:02
Thatawkwardmomentwhenyou'retheonewhoaskedforthethr eadbutthendoesn'tknowwhattosayinit.

Ishibumi should stop hanging out with Kubo, his cockteasing skills are getting too good. That summary is more mysterious than a few mystery movies I've seen. :heh:

@DOmus: Apparently the focus will be Ise himself this time. I'm not sure how that'll work when even V10 was a Rias focused volume.

My money's on an even split between Ravel and Rias.

DOmus
2015-05-20, 21:08

Maybe this time we will get to see his PoV of many things regarding hell and how he will have to deal or even change(regarding Rg and politics) when the time comes for him to start his family there. There is a chance that we get to see an Issei more focused in a real future for him and his girls/friends/etc.

Chichiryuushintei
2015-05-20, 21:20
Maybe this time we will get to see his PoV of many things regarding hell and how he will have to deal or even change(regarding Rg and politics) when the time comes for him to start his family there. There is a chance that we get to see an Issei more focused in a real future for him and his girls/friends/etc.

I can see him reflecting about RGs, his peerage/harem, as well as his future, but politics?! He never showed any interest in taking part on such matters.

DOmus
2015-05-20, 21:22
I can see him reflecting about RGs, his peerage/harem, as well as his future, but politics?! He never showed any interest in taking part on such matters.
By politics I meant the thing regarding the old faction, like the ancestor of Rias or other characters from another era that somehow are related to him.

Chichiryuushintei
2015-05-20, 21:29
By politics I meant the thing regarding the old faction, like the ancestor or Rias or other characters from another era that somehow are related to him.

I assume this ancestor you're talking about is Zekrum Bael? Yeah, I can see him think/reflect about what that guy talked in V18, after all he already has some knowledge of the old costumes in general, since he had hellish lessons with Venelana and the promotion test required knowledge about the Devil's society/culture.

Rias is from his era, she's only 1 year older than him.

iNoto
2015-05-20, 21:32
I can't really wait to read vol 19 and 20, best girl of the LN ravel.

First page hype.

DOmus
2015-05-20, 21:33
Ancestor of Rias* I know she is from Issei's generation.

Archilla
2015-05-20, 21:36
So here's my wish list for v20:

-Issei getting some serious reflection on his future
-Kicking Diehauser's face in
-Back to the old number of illustrations
-Issei freaking figuring out he's Rias' fiancée/a legit, decent length tender scene between them
-Issei's parents finding out about him. It's time.
-Moar Sairaorg. Up that bromance
-Teasing/Reveal of some GR/Ophis powers
-AN EXPLICIT, CLEAR SPEED FEAT ERMAHGAWD
-Le Fay getting a little love
-Vali getting a decent shot at Riz

Chichiryuushintei
2015-05-20, 21:37
Ancestor of Rias* I know she is from Issei's generation.

Ah, OK. Sorry then.

@GDK1:

- That's a given actually, if there isn't anything of this nature, I'll be really disappointed

- Not sure if it'll be now, maybe in the final fight against Qlippoth.

-V19 already had a decent amount so I don't see why not, unless Miyama-san is sick again.

-Venelana is doing her best to hide it from him, so I don't think we'll get it until the story gets to March/April. The other one would be nice though.

-I'm against the idea.

-I agree, but Ise cries in despair. lol

-Totally agree.

-LOL

- There's no such thing as too much Le Fay.

- I think that's more fitting for V21, since it's very likely to focus on Vali. But since 20 was originally his volume it'd be cool to have some hint/foreshadowing about it.

B214
2015-05-20, 22:09
I still wish that Diehauser challenges the Rias to a Rating Game (hey since DxD are informed about the pro league RG, they might go and investigate on it, plus i never said it needs to be official) then Rias and her team gets trashed. Then after this lost, Rias' team focuses on teamwork base move.

Chichiryuushintei
2015-05-20, 22:13
I still wish that Diehauser challenges the Rias to a Rating Game (hey since DxD are informed about the pro league RG, they might go and investigate on it, plus i never said it needs to be official) then Rias and her team gets trashed. Then after this lost, Rias' team focuses on teamwork base move.

Why would Rias accept a game that's not official when she knows she'll be crushed completely?

Archilla
2015-05-20, 22:14

That's been mentioned before, and it feels like a waste of time to trot back out the same sentiment as the Sitri fight.

B214
2015-05-20, 22:23
Why would Rias accept a game that's not official when she knows she'll be crushed completely?

Well maybe Diehauser can make fun of the Phenex Siblings like saying how their "final" moments are.

That's been mentioned before, and it feels like a waste of time to trot back out the same sentiment as the Sitri fight.

Kinda different for me, back then it was merely between youngsters without much battle experience but if they fight against Diehauser they might get to experience a team with sufficient battle experience and might even have a better teamwork than them. Think about it, the Gremory team has never up till now faced as enemy that works efficiently as a team.

Archilla
2015-05-20, 22:25
Well maybe Diehauser can make fun of the Phenex Siblings like saying how their "final" moments are.

Kinda different for me, back then it was merely between youngsters without much battle experience but if they fight against Diehauser they might get to experience a team with sufficient battle experience and might even have a better teamwork than them.

It just feels like the stakes have been raised past that already. They're not going to get better experience than the battlefield from now on. It's not like Diehauser is stronger than Riz.

Edit: Also, honestly I don't feel like reading 2 Lifes dedicated to the ORC getting stomped, and then reading another Life about them mumbling "We need to be better teammates." Feels like a waste. Nothing comes out of it than the same sentiment as the Phenex game, the Sitri game, the first Loki fight, the Kyoto fight, and on and on and on...

Chichiryuushintei
2015-05-20, 22:30

Kinda different for me, back then it was merely between youngsters without much battle experience but if they fight against Diehauser they might get to experience a team with sufficient battle experience and might even have a better teamwork than them.

Rias is not that immature. He's as strong as a Maou and we don't know even one of his servants. She knows she can't beat him now and would be just OOC to accept a fight that's lost before it started.

She's been fighting terrorists for more than half a year, and all of their opponents (minus grunts) were pretty experienced themselves.

Gary29
2015-05-20, 22:37
If we're talking about v20 wishlists, here's mine:

-Some sort of a fight between the Gremory group and Belial/his group. It doesn't have to be an official Rating Game (although it would be cool if Team DxD investigated the irregularities in the pro leagues undercover, perhaps with other members like Dulio), but I want to see Belial get beat up for what he did to Ravel, even if it's for an instant and they lose in the end. It could even incorporate what B was talking about, using this instance as motivation to improve on teamwork even more and beat them next time.
-Ise realizing that he already has a harem/already has reached that goal (which could also cause him to re-evaluate his peerage plans once again)
-Rias or Azazel bringing up the question of Ise's feelings for the other girls, leading to a confession of equal love for all of them.
-Ise getting LAID. It's far-off for your typical harem, but I wouldn't be surprised if Ishibumi ends the volume on that scene (avoiding the age restriction issue). :heh:
-Some development with Ravel (maybe a kiss? dunno, everyone else seems to be getting one)
-Development between Crom Cruach and Ise. One of my theories is that he blames himself for what happened to Ravel and that in an effort to get even stronger he goes off on a training session with Tannin and Crom in the mountains. Dragon-party!
-More Le Fay, more Bennia, more Kunou, WE NEED IT.
-More Koneko, she hasn't had a major scene with him in a whiiile.
-I think it's about time we see Rossweisse and Le Fay trying to help Ise learn magic. Or at least, them working on their contract together.
-Awakening of GR/Ophis powers. It's been teased forever, most recently in v19, and I wanna know what abilities he'll get.

I'm honestly excited as fuck for this volume, what with it being an Ise volume and all. As soon as the page is up on CDJapan I'm pre-ordering it.

Archilla
2015-05-20, 22:41
Don't even get me started on Issei finally getting laid Gary. It's been brought up (and quite seriously) so many times I'll be furious if it never happens.

Chichiryuushintei
2015-05-20, 22:42
-Ise realizing that he already has a harem/already has reached that goal (which could also cause him to re-evaluate his peerage plans once again)

His goal is to have sex with multiple women. Still far from being reached.

On the topic of him getting laid, if Ishibumi writes an epilogue showing Ise with kids, I'm happy about it.

Archilla
2015-05-20, 22:48
His goal is to have sex with multiple women. Still far from being reached.

On the topic of him getting laid, if Ishibumi writes an epilogue showing Ise with kids, I'm happy about it.

That'd be sweet, but I'd enjoy seeing it as a simple mention that it happened the previous night. Obviously it changes the dynamics of a lot of things, but it's been put in our face so balatantly so many times that it needs to happen.

Hell, the best scene in Volume 12 is Sairaorg's speech, and the crux of that is that Issei wouldn't die before having sex with Rias.

Let it happen, Editor-sama!

Chichiryuushintei
2015-05-20, 22:53
That'd be sweet, but I'd enjoy seeing it as a simple mention that it happened the previous night. Obviously it changes the dynamics of a lot of things, but it's been put in our face so balatantly so many times that it needs to happen.

Hell, the best scene in Volume 12 is Sairaorg's speech, and the crux of that is that Issei wouldn't die before having sex with Rias.

Let it happen, Editor-sama!

What I meant is: If it happens now, good, but it's really not a big deal to me if it doesn't.

Maybe after his break Ishibumi decided to ignore the editor for once, who knows.

B214
2015-05-20, 23:02
It just feels like the stakes have been raised past that already. They're not going to get better experience than the battlefield from now on. It's not like Diehauser is stronger than Riz.

I'm saying Diehauser and his entire team. I know Rias and the others have take on powerful enemies and all but a strong team doesn't necessarily equate to an efficient team but an efficient team can equate into a strong team. Sona is the best example, their enemies up to date has never really function as a group, not even the Hero Faction worked as a team.

Now what if they face an opponent team that is overall stronger than Sona and has a better teamwork? How would they fight if the enemy has healer among them, or someone that can enhance strength, maybe they can even understand what their teammate is trying to do without saying it out? Or they have a more efficient combination attack etc? Rias and the other never faced those before, pitting them against this would help them a lot especially to Ise who is aiming to go independent.

Anyway this is just my opinion, it doesn't necessarily mean it's a good one but just saying it out.

What I meant is: If it happens now, good, but it's really not a big deal to me if it doesn't.

Maybe after his break Ishibumi decided to ignore the editor for once, who knows.

But if the editor doesn't approve it, it won't get published. :heh:

Archilla
2015-05-20, 23:09
I'm saying Diehauser and his entire team. I know Rias and the others have take on powerful enemies and all but a strong team doesn't necessarily equate to an efficient team but an efficient team can equate into a strong team. Sona is the best example, their enemies up to date has never really function as a group, not even the Hero Faction worked as a team.

Now what if they face an opponent team that is overall stronger than Sona and has a better teamwork? How would they fight if the enemy has healer among them, or someone that can enhance strength, maybe they can even understand what their teammate is trying to do without saying it out? Or they have a more efficient combination attack etc? Rias and the other never faced those before, pitting them against this would help them a lot especially to Ise who is aiming to go independent.

Anyway this is just my opinion, it doesn't necessarily mean it's a good one but just saying it out.

Don't get me wrong man, I'm not like upset you mentioned it. I just think the payoff/time spent on it ratio is way too low. A two-Life ass kicking is not something I feel like needs to be in a volume that'll hopefully have lots of development when the only development it'll offer is "Whoa dude there's people stronger than us."

Chichiryuushintei
2015-05-20, 23:10

But if the editor doesn't approve it, it won't get published. :heh:

If Diehauser team is that good Rias wouldn't even be able to think of something, they'd just be steamrolled like ants by a steamroller.

If the editor's role is the same as in a manga magazine, they can disagree and make it harder to get published, but depending on his contract it could be possible.

B214
2015-05-20, 23:29
Don't get me wrong man, I'm not like upset you mentioned it. I just think the payoff/time spent on it ratio is way too low. A two-Life ass kicking is not something I feel like needs to be in a volume that'll hopefully have lots of development when the only development it'll offer is "Whoa dude there's people stronger than us."

I'm hoping that it offers the knowledge on how they can further improve their teamwork. Issei and the others are undoubtedly strong individually after all, but i believe they still have things they haven't covered as a team. Well lets just wait and see.

@Chichi, if Ishibumi could pull through then the Volume 5 issue wouldn't have occurred.

Archilla
2015-05-20, 23:34
@Chichi, if Ishibumi could pull through then the Volume 5 issue wouldn't have occurred.

To be fair, that was before DxD was as popular and had a sucessful anime.

To quote Daniel Tosh; "The power in our household has shifted dramatically."

B214
2015-05-20, 23:40
To be fair, that was before DxD was as popular and had a sucessful anime.

To quote Daniel Tosh; "The power in our household has shifted dramatically."

Name one LN that has the getting laid thing happening then.

Archilla
2015-05-20, 23:48

Can't help you there, this is my first LN. All I was saying is Ishibumi should be in a better position to fight for stuff he wants now, since DxD has become more sucessful.

My mom is a writer. The more sucessful you become, the more influence you can wield with your editor. For instance; at first JK Rowling got edited far more heavily. By her last books, she could probably print whatever she wanted.

B214
2015-05-20, 23:54
Unfortunately not in Japan. The writers are bind by the editors. If the editors say no, then the publishers will say no too.

Seafoam
2015-05-21, 00:03

Name one LN that has the MC powering up via poking breasts. :heh:

If it's going to happen in a series, DxD will probably want to be one of the first.

Archilla
2015-05-21, 00:05
Unfortunately not in Japan. The writers are bind by the editors. If the editors say no, then the publishers will say no too.

Really? There's no concept of increased ability to negotiate one's position, in a way similar to that of contract negotiations, as someone's value increases? So like the guy who writes SAO has the same exact influence as when he wrote his first volume?

I'm not doubting you, it just doesn't make any sense to me. That's like a basic principle of demand.

Royalknightftw
2015-05-21, 00:07
Just like Chichi i would be damn happy just to get the epilogue showing Issei with his kids.

@B214 Iirc, bakemonogatari did it, well only implying that "they have done it", but then again different editors and different publishers mean different rules even though in the same demography.

B214
2015-05-21, 00:52
That's the limit in LN, they can only imply that "it happen".

@GDK1, it's simple, Fujimi Shobo isn't depending solely on Ishibumi, they have other LNs to sell but Ishibumi has to depend on Fujimi Shoba for his LN to get published. Yes he can switch into another publisher, but there's no guarantee that the other publisher will be better than Fujimi Shobo.

@Obey Pyro, Seikon no Qwaser power-ups through breasts to albeit it's sucking.

Archilla
2015-05-21, 01:05
That's the limit in LN, they can only imply that "it happen".

@GDK1, it's simple, Fujimi Shobo isn't depending solely on Ishibumi, they have other LNs to sell but Ishibumi has to depend on Fujimi Shoba for his LN to get published. Yes he can switch into another publisher, but there's no guarantee that the other publisher will be better than Fujimi Shobo.

@Obey Pyro, Seikon no Qwaser power-ups through breasts to albeit it's sucking.

Seems like the same relationship publishers and writers have everywhere, but whatever. It's my fault for dragging this off topic.

I wonder who the volume cover will be. Just Issei? Maybe in CCQ?

Parry999
2015-05-21, 01:11
Seems like the same relationship publishers and writers have everywhere, but whatever. It's my fault for dragging this off topic.

I wonder who the volume cover will be. Just Issei? Maybe in CCQ? Like the Delta force badge except its shaped like a tit for team DxD.

Somethindarker
2015-05-21, 04:32
If we're talking about v20 wishlists, here's mine:

-Some sort of a fight between the Gremory group and Belial/his group. It doesn't have to be an official Rating Game (although it would be cool if Team DxD investigated the irregularities in the pro leagues undercover, perhaps with other members like Dulio), but I want to see Belial get beat up for what he did to Ravel, even if it's for an instant and they lose in the end. It could even incorporate what B was talking about, using this instance as motivation to improve on teamwork even more and beat them next time.
-Rias or Azazel bringing up the question of Ise's feelings for the other girls, leading to a confession of equal love for all of them.
-Some development with Ravel (maybe a kiss? dunno, everyone else seems to be getting one)

Wait isn't Ravel dead? I thought she died in volume 19? Or am I mistaken I have't read any of the volumes after 16.

Chichiryuushintei
2015-05-21, 05:18
SAO and Monogatari did it. We're not (at least I'm not) talking about explicit sex, just a "we did it last night" max.

And again, I don't really care that much.

@Somethindarker: Death isn't something really permanent for the main characters of DxD.

Direwolf18
2015-05-21, 06:29
Things I want to see in volume 20.

1. RAVEL!!!! This novel is clearly going to be about saving the princess, in this case Ravel. They should share a kiss as well. This alone would make me happy.
2. I want to see some more Koneko, she has been quite the last few novels. Also she goes hand and hand with Ravel, their competition/antics are awesome.
3. Ise getting a little less oblivious. There are signs every now and again that Ise does have a brain underneath, and I would love to see it make some kind of appearance now that he seems to be wading in deep in political waters.
4. Ophis. I want a, "And Ophis appeared and everything just kinda goes off the rails". I know we almost always get them, either if she is popping out of the closet/bath, or appears to help beat up Azazel for presents. I long for the day where its a Ophis and Lilith duo.
5. Kunou, she is just adorable and I want to see some screen time for her.

saw2097
2015-05-21, 07:15
Personally, I think that Ise will train with Crom Crouch to use his Great Red and Ophis powers so that he can take down Belial.

I also think that no other villains besides Belial and his gruop will be fought next novel, as the author is burning through his villain roster and even had several defect to other factions, so he is going to need to keep a few on hand for the final battle between DxD and Rizevim's faction.

Crom Crouch defected.

Apophis ditched him for Hades.

Grendel is sealed.

Ladon is sealed.

Euclid is locked up (may escape but I doubt he can return to Rizevim's side)

Walburga lost her sacred gear and is locked up (hard to see her coming back as a major player)

Yamata no Orochi is dealt with.

All the remaining Evil Dragons will probably be reserved for when DxD goes to take out Rizevim.

While I know that Belial is far more powerful than Ise, I suspect that next novel will be about Ise learning to use his Great Red and Ophis powers and that he will pull one of his strategies for taking out stronger opponents like he did with Cao Cao and Raiser.

DOmus
2015-05-21, 07:24
Is Strada alive? Cause if yes, I get the feeling that he might appear in the fight against Belial just to help DxD.

Chichiryuushintei
2015-05-21, 07:37
Personally, I think that Ise will train with Crom Crouch to use his Great Red and Ophis powers so that he can take down Belial.

I also think that no other villains besides Belial and his gruop will be fought next novel, as the author is burning through his villain roster and even had several defect to other factions, so he is going to need to keep a few on hand for the final battle between DxD and Rizevim's faction.

Crom Crouch defected.

Apophis ditched him for Hades.

Grendel is sealed.

Ladon is sealed.

Euclid is locked up (may escape but I doubt he can return to Rizevim's side)

Walburga lost her sacred gear and is locked up (hard to see her coming back as a major player)

Yamata no Orochi is dealt with.

All the remaining Evil Dragons will probably be reserved for when DxD goes to take out Rizevim.

While I know that Belial is far more powerful than Ise, I suspect that next novel will be about Ise learning to use his Great Red and Ophis powers and that he will pull one of his strategies for taking out stronger opponents like he did with Cao Cao and Raiser.

If I understood the spoilers correctly, Belial can nulify someone's "natural abilities". So if Ise is going to fight him, it'll be with CCQ. Unless it's another ability that nullifies a nullifying ability, which would be seriously underwhelming.

saw2097
2015-05-21, 07:38
If I understood the spoilers correctly, Belial can nulify someone's "natural abilities". So if Ise is going to fight him, it'll be with CCQ. Unless it's another ability that nullifies a nullifying ability, which would be seriously underwhelming.

Uh penetrate.

He can use that to make his other abilities hurt Belial.

Chichiryuushintei
2015-05-21, 07:40
Uh penetrate.

He can use that to make his other abilities hurt Belial.

But we don't even know if he'll be able to use both at the same time. Kiba can only use one BB at a time, and I seriously doubt Ophis and GR powers won't take a huge toll on him.

saw2097
2015-05-21, 07:52
But we don't even know if he'll be able to use both at the same time. Kiba can only use one BB at a time, and I seriously doubt Ophis and GR powers won't take a huge toll on him.

Ise isn't using two separate BB at the same time, people are only meant to have one sacred gear at a time and unlike Saji's they don't mix. He was shown to be able to use Penetrate and his Dragon transformation ability when he fought Rizevim.

And the Boosted Gear is meant to be used to enhance other abilities, even Euclid used it with his abilities to drasitcally enhance his and that was a watered down copy.

jopjopjop
2015-05-21, 07:53
There's a teaser from another site and there are two lines that were not present from the one on honto.

Phenex sibling's life and death situation are unknown. Rizevim's trap is closing in on Ophis!? The Phenex siblings who suddenly disappeared from the game venue. With their whereabouts still unknown, the Occult Research Club becomes restless over the issue. At such a time, the DxD Team are informed of the irregularity occurring inside the pro league of the Rating Game.

Chichiryuushintei
2015-05-21, 08:01
Ise isn't using two separate BB at the same time, people are only meant to have one sacred gear at a time and unlike Saji's they don't mix. He was shown to be able to use Penetrate and his Dragon transformation ability when he fought Rizevim.

And the Boosted Gear is meant to be used to enhance other abilities, even Euclid used it with his abilities to drasitcally enhance his and that was a watered down copy.

Still, those abilities are very likely going to be too much for him to use properly in one volume. They belong to 2 of the 3 strongest beings in the world after all. If he could just go and even boost them like it's nothing it'd be bullshit even for DxD standards.

@jopjopjop: So Rizevim wants to get the remaining power of Ophis. Not surprising, considering he just lost a Heavenly Dragon-class ally.

saw2097
2015-05-21, 08:16
Still, those abilities are very likely going to be too much for him to use properly in one volume. They belong to 2 of the 3 strongest beings in the world after all. If he could just go and even boost them like it's nothing it'd be bullshit even for DxD standards.

@jopjopjop: So Rizevim wants to get the remaining power of Ophis. Not surprising, considering he just lost a Heavenly Dragon-class ally.

Why?

There is no logical reason that he can't use his boosted gear abilities with his Ophis and Great Red abilities.

He already did it against Rizevim in a smaller method.

Even Vali uses Satan abilities with his Divine Dividing, now Ise has something to balance it out.

And its not like he will learn all of his Ophis and Great Red abilities in just one book, just the ones thate are enough to defeat Belial.

Gary29
2015-05-21, 08:23
Volume cover should be Ise and Rias, since we need a girl. Just like v21 should be Le Fay and Kuroka.

As far as we know, Belial can nullify clan traits. ie. immortality, PoD, etc. I'm not sure if he'd try mixing Great Red & Ophis's powers with Penetrate the first time (only if necessary I'd say), but he doesn't need to.

There's a teaser from another site and there are two lines that were not present from the one on honto.

Phenex sibling's life and death situation are unknown. Rizevim's trap is closing in on Ophis!? The Phenex siblings who suddenly disappeared from the game venue. With their whereabouts still unknown, the Occult Research Club becomes restless over the issue. At such a time, the DxD Team are informed of the irregularity occurring inside the pro league of the Rating Game.

So he's after a full Ophis most likely, meaning we're nearing the point where Lilith defects to [DxD].

~Are they informed of the irregularities or now notice them? It doesn't make much of a difference, but if Ajuka is hiding Raiser and Ravel it makes you wonder who's informing them of this and what the whole plan is.

Biohazardous
2015-05-21, 08:28
- I'd like to see what's going on with Ravel and Riser
- Lots of self reflection I want to know Ise's feelings on just about everything around him. (being a devil, dying, his dragon powers, his feelings for the girls, confirmation on his goal in case he has added some)
- Since this is about Ise you can argue it's also about Ddraig. I'd love to know more about him and see more development between the two of them.
- I don't think its too much to ask for more Ravel time since she is his manager it's almost given to have her around. Give her time to get closer to Ise too and learn a tad more about her.

I think training with Crom could/would be a good thing. I don't think he would unlock powers during training though. Crom could help him fully master CCQ which would probably needed to fight someone like Crom seriously without dying. The intense training would have his body as ready as it can be to unlock GR/Ophis. Then we just wait for the catalysis to unlock it.

Chichiryuushintei
2015-05-21, 08:29
Why?

There is no logical reason that he can't use his boosted gear abilities with his Ophis and Great Red abilities.

He already did it against Rizevim in a smaller method.

Even Vali uses Satan abilities with his Divine Dividing, now Ise has something to balance it out.

And its not like he will learn all of his Ophis and Great Red abilities in just one book, just the ones thate are enough to defeat Belial.
He used penetrate once. After the first hit he just punched the fuck out of Rizevim with dragonified arms but there was no penetrate then, since his armor had dispelled.

Vali, the freak of nature that was feared by the grandson of Lucifer when he was just a little kid.

Considering how OP Belial is he'll need quite a few.

Every time Ise unlocks an ability, it comes with a price, most of the time is a high stamina consumption, but there are those that are higher (BB could be used only for half an hour at first, and LS will leave him weaker for one whole month) Those are Ddraig's abilities, he's got nothing on Ophis and Great Red. So yeah, it'll have some really heavy price for it to be used.

Biohazardous
2015-05-21, 08:34
He used penetrate once. After the first hit he just punched the fuck out of Rizevim with dragonified arms but there was no penetrate then, since his armor had dispelled.

Vali, the freak of nature that was feared by the grandson of Lucifer when he was just a little kid.

Every time Ise unlocks an ability, it comes with a price, most of the time is a high stamina consumption, but there are those that are higher (BB could be used only for half an hour at first, and LS will leave him weaker for one whole month) Those are Ddraig's abilities, he's got nothing on Ophis and Great Red. So yeah, it'll have some really heavy price for it to be used.

I think the price may very well be his life in the way that it will stabilize and not fluctuate anymore. Their power is leagues above what the heavenly dragons had. Tapping that at the cost of your life is reasonable. He may pass out for a decent amount of time and his life stabilizes during that time. Possibly needing Kuroka and Koneko to help with it. If both are needed it provides more bonding for the two. Also helps give ammo to Kuroko if they will add her to the harem since some want that. Koneko also gets a little more time/claim on Ise too.

saw2097
2015-05-21, 08:36

Oh and Ise who came back from the dead with the body of Great Red and the power of Ophis isn't a freak of nature?

Ise's base isn't human anymore, its of Great Red now.

He even mixed the power of both heavenly dragons and has mastered it, heck when he fought Vali, he gained a edge by using his own power against him.

So there is no reason what so ever to say that only Vali can mix abilities like that.

Every Boosted Gear wielder before Ise had other abilities that they mixed with the Boosted Gear's power.

In fact there really is no point to him getting the power of Great Red and Ophis if he can't mix it with his Boosted Gear abilities.

Biohazardous
2015-05-21, 08:39
I think he can and will boost them. I don't see him doing it when he gets it then since it will already overwhelm him. If he does boost or has his own version of snakes I see him falling out shortly after doing it. Maybe a warning from Ddraig that he only has seconds of use and he will die or almost die.

saw2097
2015-05-21, 08:43
I think he can and will boost them. I don't see him doing it when he gets it then since it will already overwhelm him. If he does boost or has his own version of snakes I see him falling out shortly after doing it. Maybe a warning from Ddraig that he only has seconds of use and he will die or almost die.

Considering that he is going up against the Rating Game champion, one of the strongest devils in the Underworld.

I would say that he will have to be willing to risk his life in order to beat him.

This is the strongest guy short of Rizevim and Sirzechs that he has fought yet, so playing it safe won't secure victory.

Chichiryuushintei
2015-05-21, 08:46
Oh and Ise who came back from the dead with the body of Great Red and the power of Ophis isn't a freak of nature?

Ise's base isn't human anymore, its of Great Red now.

He even mixed the power of both heavenly dragons and has mastered it, heck when he fought Vali, he gained a edge by using his own power against him.

So there is no reason what so ever to say that only Vali can mix abilities like that.

Every Boosted Gear wielder before Ise had other abilities that they mixed with the Boosted Gear's power.

In fact there really is no point to him getting the power of Great Red and Ophis if he can't mix it with his Boosted Gear abilities.

Yeah, the body he has no idea how it work.

Ise didn't master the power of the HDs.

I'm not saying he won't be able to do it period. I'm saying if he does it in one volume it will be bullshit.

saw2097
2015-05-21, 08:47
Yeah, the body he has no idea how it work.

Ise didn't master the power of the HDs.

I'm not saying he won't be able to do it period. I'm saying if he does it in one volume it will be bullshit.

Oh so he didn't use Divine Dividing to beat Euclid?

And he didn't use it while in BB to fight Vali?

If he doesn't know how it works then he wouldn't be able to use his Great Red powers period, learning how the body works is part of using the abilities.

Chichiryuushintei
2015-05-21, 08:55
Oh so he didn't use Divine Dividing to beat Euclid?

And he didn't use it while in BB to fight Vali?

If he doesn't know how it works then he wouldn't be able to use his Great Red powers period, learning how the body works is part of using the abilities.
Being able to use it doesn't mean he mastered it. Mastering implies he can use it to it's maximum potential without any difficulties, which he can't. CCQ is still far from complete, and he still didn't achieve BB for the Wyverns.

He still has no idea how it works. Not even Azazel does. His dragonification isn't Great Red's ability, it's something othet dragons can do.

Biohazardous
2015-05-21, 08:57
Considering that he is going up against the Rating Game champion, one of the strongest devils in the Underworld.

I would say that he will have to be willing to risk his life in order to beat him.

This is the strongest guy short of Rizevim and Sirzechs that he has fought yet, so playing it safe won't secure victory.

He would gladly lay it down if he knows not doing it will cost the life of the others. They all know he would and it's their fuel to train to help lessen the chance he has to do it to protect them.

saw2097
2015-05-21, 08:58
Being able to use it doesn't mean he mastered it. Mastering implies he can use it to it's maximum potential without any difficulties, which he can't. CCQ is still far from complete, and he still didn't achieve BB for the Wyverns.

He still has no idea how it works. Not even Azazel does. His dragonification isn't Great Red's ability, it's something othet dragons can do.

He only gained the ability to Dragonify his body after getting the body of Great Red. Before Ddraig did that as a price for using BB, and it didn't give him any further power.

Wyverns aren't another Sacred Gear, they are a part of the Boosted Gear infused with the power of Albion, so their is no balance breaker for the Wyverns.

He would gladly lay it down if he knows not doing it will cost the life of the others. They all know he would and it's their fuel to train to help lessen the chance he has to do it to protect them.

Exactly, he is going up against a opponent like Belial, who is extremely powerful, and I seriously doubt that his nullification ability is his only OP ability.

Fighting and playing it safe won't beat him, Ise will need to do something very drastic to bring him down.

Hokoga
2015-05-21, 09:06
I think he can and will boost them. I don't see him doing it when he gets it then since it will already overwhelm him. If he does boost or has his own version of snakes I see him falling out shortly after doing it. Maybe a warning from Ddraig that he only has seconds of use and he will die or almost die.So he's going to die because he used his new body's natural abilities, is what your saying :rolleyes:

Chichiryuushintei
2015-05-21, 09:08
He only gained the ability to Dragonify his body after getting the body of Great Red. Before Ddraig did that as a price for using BB, and it didn't give him any further power.

Wyverns aren't another Sacred Gear, they are a part of the Boosted Gear infused with the power of Albion, so their is no balance breaker for the Wyverns.

Exactly, he is going up against a opponent like Belial, who is extremely powerful, and I seriously doubt that his nullification ability is his only OP ability.

Fighting and playing it safe won't beat him, Ise will need to do something very drastic to bring him down.

It's still a "regular" ability other dragons have, just like breathing fire, but a less common. (or less used, maybe most dragons just dislike human shape)

I'll try to be more clear. If Ise unlocks abilities that belong to 2 of the 3 strongest beings in existence, is able to boost them in the same volume, and somehow doesn't end up in a coma or permanently crippled, it'll be 300% bullshit. LS leaves him weakened for a month for fuck sake!

saw2097
2015-05-21, 09:15
It's still a "regular" ability other dragons have, just like breathing fire, but a less common. (or less used, maybe most dragons just dislike human shape)

I'll try to be more clear. If Ise unlocks abilities that belong to 2 of the 3 strongest beings in existence, is able to boost them in the same volume, and somehow doesn't end up in a coma or permanently crippled, it'll be 300% bullshit. LS leaves him weakened for a month for fuck sake!

Who says he won't nearly die, were you expecting him to come out of the battle against the Emperor without being left half dead on the ground.

This is the start of the climax, in every climax Ise pays a colossal price, he lost his left arm, burned 99% of his life span, and had to die and come back to life, maybe this is where he pays the price for this climax as the author said the climax starts this volume.

About Dragonification, yes but Ise didn't get it until he got the body of Great Red, so its still a power he got from Great Red.

Chichiryuushintei
2015-05-21, 09:25
Who says he won't nearly die, were you expecting him to come out of the battle against the Emperor without being left half dead on the ground.

This is the start of the climax, in every climax Ise pays a colossal price, he lost his left arm, burned 99% of his life span, and had to die and come back to life, maybe this is where he pays the price for this climax as the author said the climax starts this volume.

About Dragonification, yes but Ise didn't get it until he got the body of Great Red, so its still a power he got from Great Red.
Almost dying is not enough.

You realize the fight against Belial doesn't need to be this volume, right? Heck, the whole Rias accepting a RG against Belial in the first place just screams bullshit. If Isr fights against him in the final battle while Vali fights Rizevim, after training it for some time, then I'll be able to buy him having a certain level of control of his new abilities.

But it's not exclusive to Great Red. So it isn't really one of his abilities that makes him the Dragon of Dragons. It's just something that came with the dragonoid body he'd get if it was made with the flesh of any Dragon actually.

Gary29
2015-05-21, 09:28
Almost dying is not enough.

You realize the fight against Belial doesn't need to be this volume, right? Heck, the whole Rias accepting a RG against Belial in the first place just screams bullshit. If Isr fights against him in the final battle while Vali fights Rizevim, after training it for some time, then I'll be able to buy him having a certain level of control of his new abilities.

But it's not exclusive to Great Red. So it isn't really one of his abilities that makes him the Dragon of Dragons. It's just something that came with the dragonoid body he'd get if it was made with the flesh of any Dragon actually.

Isn't Dragonification more of an Ophis-based ability? Not all Dragons can change into humanoid forms; there's normal Dragons, Tannin who can change his size, Crom who can shift between his Dragon and human forms, and Ophis who can shapeshift into whatever she wants.

Hokoga
2015-05-21, 09:31
I'll try to be more clear. If Ise unlocks abilities that belong to 2 of the 3 strongest beings in existence, is able to boost them in the same volume, and somehow doesn't end up in a coma or permanently crippled, it'll be 300% bullshit. LS leaves him weakened for a month for fuck sake!So if Great Red and Ophis had a kid together are saying that the kid is going to end up in a coma or permanently crippled just for using it's own natural abilities?

Chichiryuushintei
2015-05-21, 09:31
Isn't Dragonification more of an Ophis-based ability? Not all Dragons can change into humanoid forms; there's normal Dragons, Tannin who can change his size, Crom who can shift between his Dragon and human forms, and Ophis who can shapeshift into whatever she wants.

I don't recall it being said Dragons can't do it. I just took it meaning most don't want to because they don't have a reason to do so.

@Hokoga: Not by their abilities alone. Using their abilities together with another completely different ability that doubles every single aspect about it or enhance it in another broken way? Yes, it must have drawbacks. Plus, his soul is still human and it can be damaged, so there's that. His body may be fine, but if his soul can't take it, he could end up crippled. It was said that if they cloned his body and inserted his soul in it, best case he'd be crippled for life because the soul would reject it.

Biohazardous
2015-05-21, 09:38
So he's going to die because he used his new body's natural abilities, is what your saying :rolleyes:

The told it takes will nearly kill him in my opinion. Don't forget his life is bouncing from dead to infinity at the moment. As far as they are concerned they could technically wake up one morning and Ise is dead because his life didn't bounce back to infinity to keep him alive. This has to stabilize and imo unlocking the dormant powers will do just that. He may be in a deep coma on bring of death and then it stabilizes. This is why I also mentioned Kuroka and Koneko possibly playing a part since they can manipulate life force. They could very well be the only reason he doesn't die permanently as the cost of those powers.

So if Great Red and Ophis had a kid together are saying that the kid is going to end up in a coma or permanently crippled just for using it's own natural abilities?

No those powers would be natural for him in a body made sort of speak to contain it. Ise could barely handle a heavenly dragon at the start. These two beings are waaaaay above heavenly dragon.

Archilla
2015-05-21, 12:47
Am I the only one who hopes we eschew the usual "these powers will drain you/could kill you" thing, and maybe this time it's more he has trouble tapping into them or controlling them? Obviously he can't be able to start spamming new OP powers, but maybe he would need to learn more about them, which could lead to interesting conversations with Ophis.

The stamina-drain is just getting kind of same-y. Plus, this new body seems like it'd be tailor made to withstand the powers. I know it's the soul that he's got to worry about, but still.

Chichiryuushintei
2015-05-21, 12:55
Am I the only one who hopes we eschew the usual "these powers will drain you/could kill you" thing, and maybe this time it's more he has trouble tapping into them or controlling them? Obviously he can't be able to start spamming new OP powers, but maybe he would need to learn more about them, which could lead to interesting conversations with Ophis.

The stamina-drain is just getting kind of same-y. Plus, this new body seems like it'd be tailor made to withstand the powers. I know it's the soul that he's got to worry about, but still.
Yes, that'd be ideal. Something like, he learns about the abilities, but doesn't know enough to use them in actual battle for some time.

As long as it's not him learning how to put them to practice and being able to beat friggin' Belial in one volume I'm fine with it.

Biohazardous
2015-05-21, 13:03
You don't think powers like that could reach your very soul? 2 beings way stronger than Ddraig. That can be overwhelming. Maybe we can better understand this all with volume 20 and have a better way to speculate things.

Archilla
2015-05-21, 14:19
Well one thing I know is that this Volume will make me hate Belial even more. Ishibumi has always been good at making you hate his villains, but he's been on his A game recently with Riz and Diehauser.

Not to mention how great of a job TNK did with making Diodora despicable.

Chris38
2015-05-21, 14:20
You don't think powers like that could reach your very soul? 2 beings way stronger than Ddraig. That can be overwhelming. Maybe we can better understand this all with volume 20 and have a better way to speculate things.

I think that you shouldn't ignore the fact that both Great Red and Ophis might have taken into consideration this issue and have transferred an amount of power that wouldn't endanger Ise's soul.

After all at the point when Ise's current body was being revived he was ... pretty much a soul kept 'alive' within the BG Balance Breaker armor by Great Red's power ... which means that he (and by extension Ophis) should have gotten a quite good amount of data on what Ise's soul tolerance level is ... when it comes to their 'powers'.

So ... unlike you I doubt any dangers to Ise's human soul are going to emerge from Great Red's / Ophis's mixed power ...

In my opinion, the issues regarding Great Red's / Ophis's powers are caused by the fact that they are powers from two beings that have powers which counter each other out (like the situation with Ddraig's and Albion's powers), and that's the reason why Ise's lifespan is currently unstable ... and I believe that it's going to cause some issues when it comes to using and mastering the abilities that are going to emerge from the mixed power of Great Red and Ophis as well.

Biohazardous
2015-05-21, 14:27
What do you propose from the power? I honestly would love it to slowly unlock and master. You don't get something for nothing tho. Everything he has gotten has came with a price a price he would gladly play. If that wasn't the norm I wouldn't even worry about it. This won't come free and trust Ise will be more than willing to give anything to use it including his life when he goes to use it.

Chichiryuushintei
2015-05-21, 14:35
I think that you shouldn't ignore the fact that both Great Red and Ophis might have taken into consideration this issue and have transferred an amount of power that wouldn't endanger Ise's soul.

After all at the point when Ise's current body was being revived he was ... pretty much a soul kept 'alive' within the BG Balance Breaker armor by Great Red's power ... which means that he (and by extension Ophis) should have gotten a quite good amount of data on what Ise's soul tolerance level is ... when it comes to their 'powers'.

So ... unlike you I doubt any dangers to Ise's human soul are going to emerge from Great Red's / Ophis's mixed power ...

In my opinion, the issues regarding Great Red's / Ophis's powers are caused by the fact that they are powers from two beings that have powers which counter each other out (like the situation with Ddraig's and Albion's powers), and that's the reason why Ise's lifespan is currently unstable ... and I believe that it's going to cause some issues when it comes to using and mastering the abilities that are going to emerge from the mixed power of Great Red and Ophis as well.

That's possible, assuming Ophis actually knows squat about what a soul is in the first place. Which I doubt she does.

Chris38
2015-05-21, 14:46
What do you propose from the power? I honestly would love it to slowly unlock and master. You don't get something for nothing tho. Everything he has gotten has came with a price a price he would gladly play. If that wasn't the norm I wouldn't even worry about it. This won't come free and trust Ise will be more than willing to give anything to use it including his life when he goes to use it.

I think that a danger to Ise's lifespan would be too repetitive ... since they have been happening, pretty much since the beginning of the story so ... in my opinion the 'price' that Ise would have to initially pay for using Great Red's / Ophis's power would be a 'complete' dragonification of his body and some 'slight' loss of Ise's sanity, due to being overwhelmed by the instincts / nature that dragons have.

Basically a 'berserk mode' similar to Juggernaut Drive, but without a risk to Ise's life (but he might risk harming those around him :uhoh:)

This state would also last for a long period of time (like 5 - 7 days), unless the girls in his harem, would do something related to oppai to bring Ise out of that state, since I believe his 'pervert nature' is strong enough to surpass the instincts / nature that dragons have. :heh: :D

Chichiryuushintei
2015-05-21, 14:55
I think that a danger to Ise's lifespan would be too repetitive ... since they have been happening, pretty much since the beginning of the story so ... in my opinion the 'price' that Ise would have to initially pay for using Great Red's / Ophis's power would be a 'complete' dragonification of his body and some 'slight' loss of Ise's sanity, due to being overwhelmed by the instincts / nature that dragons have.

Basically a 'berserk mode' similar to Juggernaut Drive, but without a risk to Ise's life (but he might risk harming those around him :uhoh:)

This state would also last for a long period of time (like 5 - 7 days), unless the girls in his harem, would do something related to oppai to bring Ise out of that state, since I believe his 'pervert nature' is strong enough to surpass the instincts / nature that dragons have. :heh: :D

Hmm, I don't think being crazy berserkers is the nature of Dragons, some just like fighting but it's not a rule (Just see Tannin, he's super honorable, and Ophis is as calm as it can get) specially considering Ise's body is made from the flesh of the guy whose not in the Top 10 Strongest simply because he never fights. When someone pisses him off, he lends his power to someone else fight in his place.

Biohazardous
2015-05-21, 14:55

I could be on board with that however, what do you propose as a solution to stabilize his lifespan? BTW he would have no issue with complete dragonification even permanent. He established that when fighting Riser.

Hmm, I don't think being crazy berserkers is the nature of Dragons, some just like fighting but it's not a rule (Just see Tannin, he's super honorable, and Ophis is as calm as it can get) specially considering Ise's body is made from the flesh of the guy whose not in the Top 10 Strongest simply because he never fights. When someone pisses him off, he lends his power to someone else fight in his place.

I think he means in the sense the power overwhelms him since it's too much. Kinda the same reason some of us feel his life is not to much to ask to use their power.

Chichiryuushintei
2015-05-21, 15:06
I think he means in the sense the power overwhelms him since it's too much. Kinda the same reason some of us feel his life is not to much to ask to use their power.

Going berserk because of overwhelming power was already used in JD though. Giving him the same thing again would make him overcoming the predecessors curse pointless, specially because it was one of his (if not the) biggest Crowning of Awesome Moment in the whole series.

Chris38
2015-05-21, 15:07
I could be on board with that however, what do you propose as a solution to stabilize his lifespan? BTW he would have no issue with complete dragonification even permanent. He established that when fighting Riser.

Well, hard to speculate about that, when we so little information about Great Red's and Ophis's powers, which is the cause of Ise's lifespan instability.

I think that it simply needs to reach some sort of balanced state between Infinite and zero .

As for how that is going to be achieved ... maybe Kuroka and Koneko ... using Bouchuujutsu on him, at the same time will do the trick.

And, unlike you ... I think that Ise will oppose a permanent dragonification, since he would have a harder time of doing echii stuff with Rias and the rest of his harem in that form.

Yes, that's what I had in mind.

Biohazardous
2015-05-21, 15:13
The power will come at a cost he wont just get it. Ise himself already stated to Rias and Ddraig he has more parts to offer to get power.

Chichiryuushintei
2015-05-21, 15:16
The power will come at a cost he wont just get it. Ise himself already stated to Rias and Ddraig he has more parts to offer to get power.

Having a cst doesn't necessarily mean permanent dragonification though.

Biohazardous
2015-05-21, 15:21
I know it don't just saying he is willing though. Maybe not as much as before but, he'd rather that over one of the girls dead.

Chichiryuushintei
2015-05-21, 15:24
I know it don't just saying he is willing though. Maybe not as much as before but, he'd rather that over one of the girls dead.

Yeah, true.

Salante
2015-05-21, 16:39

Well, that was before he become humanoid-dragon-devil mix. So I highly doubt some sacrifice going to happen but maybe, maybe kissing Ophis as well as GR may unlock new powers, lolz.

Gary29
2015-05-21, 18:30
As for how that is going to be achieved ... maybe Kuroka and Koneko ... using Bouchuujutsu on him, at the same time will do the trick.

“Bouchuujutsu? What is that?”
“…..A woman who specialises in using the ‘ki’ has to share her ‘ki’ to the man, and it heals the life core greatly.”
“Hmm, so there was a convenient ‘jutsu’ like that. Maybe I will ask you to do that next time.”
When I said that, Koneko-chan’s face became even more red, and she panicked. She then says it with a determined voice.
“…………………………U-Understood. B-But it is my first time, so……………”
………………….Huh? Her response is weird. Maybe I should ask her for more details about it. It seemed like something is going to happen because of my misunderstanding.
“…….Hey, I will ask you just in case, but how do you actually perform that Bouchuujutsu?”
Koneko-chan answers my question with embarrassment.

“………The man and the woman……..have to become ‘one’…… It’s a ‘jutsu’ where the woman has to send their ‘ki’ directly to the man’s body…..”

Yes, this is perfect. This is how Ise should lose his virginity to make Rias mad. :heh: I'd still like to see that even if Rias is his first

@Chichi - I'm pretty sure Ophis knows what a soul is, considering she was able to assist in the creation of a humanoid Dragon body, that functions exactly as his old body, which requires some sort of DNA knowledge if not some hax magic.

Tbolt
2015-05-21, 18:48
For me I think everyone is over thinking this whole thing wanting super powers etc from Ophis/Great Red. We have already seen what happens when Great Red and Ise combined for a classic whoop ass scene, I just think that the two combined powers will allow Ise to go full Dragon mode and be able to use Ddraigs powers. But its just how I see it.

Chichiryuushintei
2015-05-21, 18:51
Yes, this is perfect. This is how Ise should lose his virginity to make Rias mad. :heh: I'd still like to see that even if Rias is his first

@Chichi - I'm pretty sure Ophis knows what a soul is, considering she was able to assist in the creation of a humanoid Dragon body, that functions exactly as his old body, which requires some sort of DNA knowledge if not some hax magic.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure it was the "cuz magic" way. I doubt the Dragon God would know or care about a human concept. Heck, we've seen only a few supernatural beings that are interested in science, and even then, most are more about mechanical technology+magic than biology.

Biohazardous
2015-05-21, 20:27
Time will tell what's up. Hopefully volume 20 can shed light on most of the things we wonder.

Archilla
2015-05-22, 00:37
Wow. So after the earlier discussion earlier of whether Issei's first time with Rias could appear in 20, the fact that SAO had its protagonists sleep together was mentioned. I thought to myself, "Really? My little brother watches that..."

A quick google later and I was introduced to the infamous Chapter 16.5 of SAO.

What. The actual. Fuck.

And I thought DxD got a little nuts at times.

Parry999
2015-05-22, 00:44
Wow. So after the earlier discussion earlier of whether Issei's first time with Rias could appear in 20, the fact that SAO had its protagonists sleep together was mentioned. I thought to myself, "Really? My little brother watches that..."

A quick google later and I was introduced to the infamous Chapter 16.5 of SAO.

What. The actual. Fuck.

And I thought DxD got a little nuts at times. well they fucked. Only thing in that series that i read well watched a reading of it on YouTube.

B214
2015-05-22, 00:58
Actually SAO 16.5 is fan-made.

Parry999
2015-05-22, 01:04
Actually SAO 16.5 is fan-made. From what I found heard the original author wrote it

Archilla
2015-05-22, 01:06
Actually SAO 16.5 is fan-made.

Not what turned up when I looked it up. Apparently it's written by the author and was taken out before publishing or such. It was up on his website for a while.

From everything I saw, people were pretty adamant about it having been written by him.

B214
2015-05-22, 01:39
No it was actually written by a fan and the author merely posted it on his site but later remove it.

Parry999
2015-05-22, 01:44
No it was actually written by a fan and the author merely posted it on his site but later remove it. WHy would you post porn on your work page like that then?

B214
2015-05-22, 01:51
WHy would you post porn on your work page like that then?

The author felt that the fanfic made by the fan was good so he wanted to promote it. :heh:

Anyway we should get back to Volume 20.

Parry999
2015-05-22, 02:14
If Ravel and Riser are missing kind of spoils that there alive but in this series that's to be expected.

Chichiryuushintei
2015-05-22, 06:27
If Ravel and Riser are missing kind of spoils that there alive but in this series that's to be expected.

Their bodies are missing.

Biohazardous
2015-05-22, 08:13
It would be a big blow to kill either especially Ravel.

DOmus
2015-05-22, 08:46
It would be a big blow to kill either especially Ravel.

As someone who have her as his favorite character, I will seriously be mad with the serie and the author, plus, I wouldn't enjoy the serie as always from that moment onward.

Chichiryuushintei
2015-05-22, 08:50
You guys know they have something that can revive the frickin' dead, right? Besides the author actually saying he'll give a happy ending for all the girls.

Biohazardous
2015-05-22, 08:53
We all discussed the whole revive the dead thing. I know they won't kill Ravel and just hope Riser is ok since I'm ok with him now. I hope this changes Ravel. I want to see her do more maybe even learn some of the things the girl can do. She can't let everyone get strong and she just stays the same.

Chichiryuushintei
2015-05-22, 08:56
We all discussed the whole revive the dead thing. I know they won't kill Ravel and just hope Riser is ok since I'm ok with him now. I hope this changes Ravel. I want to see her do more maybe even learn some of the things the girl can do. She can't let everyone get strong and she just stays the same.

She's not a fighter, so I don't really see a reason for her to get strong.

Biohazardous
2015-05-22, 08:57
With her being the manager of Ise you dont think she should be able to hold her own?

Chichiryuushintei
2015-05-22, 09:00
With her being the manager of Ise you dont think she should be able to hold her own?

Why would a manager fight?

DOmus
2015-05-22, 09:10
You guys know they have something that can revive the frickin' dead, right? Besides the author actually saying he'll give a happy ending for all the girls.

I know, Im just saying it in a "what if" situation.

Biohazardous
2015-05-22, 09:12
Why would a manager fight?

Just in case someone wants to intimidate her for some reason or something. Dunno just would be cool for her to be able to do a little something.

Chris38
2015-05-22, 10:41
On the topic of Ravel ... I think that you shouldn't forget that it was also heavily implied that Ravel might become a future member of Ise's peerage - at the very least the Phoenix clan seems to support this option, judging from how Ravel's mother mentioned that Ravel is a free piece in volume 10:

[Please remember it very well. My daughter is free. She is my [Bishop]. She doesn’t belong to Raiser. Very well?]

“Y-Yes! U-Understood!”

That’s something I already know, but well, I just nod my head just in case.

Hearing that, the Lady nods her head. She looks satisfied….. Why?

So, since there exists a chance that Ravel is going to become a Bishop in Ise's peerage - I think that she should also have ... at least some fighting capabilities in case she needs to defend herself during a Rating Game or some other 'event' that Ise is going to be involved in...

Royalknightftw
2015-05-22, 10:46
I am sure ravel will be fine, but maybe the same thing cannot be said to raiser

Chichiryuushintei
2015-05-22, 11:04
On the topic of Ravel ... I think that you shouldn't forget that it was also heavily implied that Ravel might become a future member of Ise's peerage - at the very least the Phoenix clan seems to support this option, judging from how Ravel's mother mentioned that Ravel is a free piece in volume 10:

So, since there exists a chance that Ravel is going to become a Bishop in Ise's peerage - I think that she should also have ... at least some fighting capabilities in case she needs to defend herself during a Rating Game or some other 'event' that Ise is going to be involved in...

Considering she can't die except if they are fighting a Belial, and that she's the strategist of his team (which means she'll stay on the back to give everyone orders), no, there really isn't a reason for her to fight.

Gary29
2015-05-22, 11:59
Considering she can't die except if they are fighting a Belial, and that she's the strategist of his team (which means she'll stay on the back to give everyone orders), no, there really isn't a reason for her to fight.

It wouldn't be very fun to have both Bishops require defending though. Ise's the King, but I doubt he'll sit back and give orders like Rias does. His peerage will probably follow a different playstyle.

And on the subject of Phoenix immortality, wasn't it stated that you can overwhelm that ability by running out of stamina? If Ravel's going to become a part of his peerage she should at least train enough to protect herself.

Biohazardous
2015-05-22, 12:09
It wouldn't be very fun to have both Bishops require defending though. Ise's the King, but I doubt he'll sit back and give orders like Rias does. His peerage will probably follow a different playstyle.

And on the subject of Phoenix immortality, wasn't it stated that you can overwhelm that ability by running out of stamina? If Ravel's going to become a part of his peerage she should at least train enough to protect herself.

I agree she should protect herself. Even Asia will not be a liability any more. I also think Ise will not hang back. He will command from the front lines. That is when plans need to be adjusted. He may very well let Ravel run things unless he feels something else should be done for whatever reason.

Chichiryuushintei
2015-05-22, 12:10

Asia already has weaker familiars that aren't against the rules like Fafnir, so that's one.

A strategist always stays in the back. Ise isn't one, that's why Ravel would be the one leading the team tactic-wise while Ise stays as a vanguard.

No, the only ways to beat it is to:

A) Use enough power to kill a God.

B) Keep making them disperse into flames until they lose their will to fight.

At least those were the only ones they said.

Biohazardous
2015-05-22, 12:12
Anyone dumb enough to beat on Ravel long enough to try and break her will would end up with a LS to da face as soon as Ise gets there.

Archilla
2015-05-22, 12:14

I agree that Issei will probably rock a Blitzkrieg-like playstyle. As long as he and Ravel are smart enough to keep it together, they'll just run around smashing people to dust.

Hell, in like 5 years Issei will probably able to to solo RGs.

WingsoftheDragonix
2015-05-22, 12:15
On the Phoenix's immortality, I'm pretty sure that attacks that damage the soul work too. Wasn't that one of the reason to why Ise has won against Riser?

You know? When he used the Holy water boosted on him. I'm pretty sure that Ddraig explained something like "the damages on the souls are harder to heal with their immortality" or something like this.

Anyone dumb enough to beat on Ravel long enough to try and break her will would end up with a LS to da face as soon as Ise gets there.

Can't agree more on this.

Chichiryuushintei
2015-05-22, 12:18
I agree that Issei will probably rock a Blitzkrieg-like playstyle. As long as he and Ravel are smart enough to keep it together, they'll just run around smashing people to dust.

Hell, in like 5 years Issei will probably able to to solo RGs.

Vali said that even if he didn't put too much effort he'd be as strong as a Maou in a couple years (I'm sure he said Ise'd be stronger even without training, but I'm not sure if he actually used Maou as a comparison, could be wrong.) Heavenly Dragons be scary.

Half a year and he'd probably stop fighting because yolo-soloing is too boring.

And we're not even talking about his power up for having sex.

Archilla
2015-05-22, 12:21
Vali said that even if he didn't put too much effort he'd be as strong as a Maou in a couple years (I'm sure he said Ise'd be stronger even without training, but I'm not sure if he actually used Maou as a comparison, could be wrong.) Heavenly Dragons be scary.

Half a year and he'd probably stop fighting because yolo-soloing is too boring.

And we're not even talking about his power up for having sex.

Personally, I think Issei will be Maou or beyond as soon as his GR/Ophis powers drop and he gets a moderate handle on them. Not Super Devil or anything, but he's already got some decently hax powers, and isn't shy on the deeps.

Gary29
2015-05-22, 12:29
Personally, I think Issei will be Maou or beyond as soon as his GR/Ophis powers drop and he gets a moderate handle on them. Not Super Devil or anything, but he's already got some decently hax powers, and isn't shy on the deeps.

I agree, I see Belial as the confirmation that Ise's reached Maou-class (because c'mon, we all know he's gonna fight Belial 1v1 in the end). Euclid was the beginning.

Chichiryuushintei
2015-05-22, 12:39
Yeah, seeing Ise fight Belial 1v1 would be a really good way of showing his growth. As long as it's not next volume. (I'm like a broken record lol)

Biohazardous
2015-05-22, 13:06
Some of this is broken record type. I'd love for him to 1 vs 1 Belial.

Archilla
2015-05-22, 13:12
Some of this is broken record type. I'd love for him to 1 vs 1 Belial.

Chichi means he just doesn't want an asspull powerup. Even if he gets the GR/Ophis powers, he shouldn't just be able to go Super Saiyan this Volume.

Biohazardous
2015-05-22, 13:15
Super Saiyan ain't got nothing on Ise. :D :p

ImperialFlameGod8190
2015-05-22, 13:30
^Comparing Super Saiyan to this is incredibly insulting but thats another matter entirely. Even suggesting he 1 v 1 this guy is incredibly insulting. I'm sorry that would be an utter asspull. issei has handled his business make no mistake but more often then not he's been handed power-ups in the last minute to save him from helpless fights more often then not.

What i want to see if anything is Issei training his GR/Ophis powers and his dragonic body because IMO issei cannot be top class if he continues to rely only on Ddraig.

Biohazardous
2015-05-22, 13:35
I was saying it to tease and pick Imperial. I never even watched the show don't care for it. :p

BTW train is Ise's middle name.

Archilla
2015-05-22, 13:39
I was saying it to tease and pick Imperial. I never even watched the show don't care for it. :p

Aww, that makes me sad.

Imperial, while I agree on most points I'd say that Issei's got a while before he can go beyond needing Ddraig. Dude was a World+ Buster.

Chichiryuushintei
2015-05-22, 13:39
^Comparing Super Saiyan to this is incredibly insulting but thats another matter entirely. Even suggesting he 1 v 1 this guy is incredibly insulting. I'm sorry that would be an utter asspull. issei has handled his business make no mistake but more often then not he's been handed power-ups in the last minute to save him from helpless fights more often then not.

What i want to see if anything is Issei training his GR/Ophis powers and his dragonic body because IMO issei cannot be top class if he continues to rely only on Ddraig.
How can someone compare SSJ with Ise? That's like comparing Ise with Krillin. lol

V1, V7, V9, V10, V16 and V18. Only 6 volumes out of 20 were won with sudden power-ups. V1 was him discovering his powers, and V9-10 had a huge amount of foreshadowing beforehand so I don't even know if they count.

Considering Ddraig's full power could destroy the world multiple times with brute force alone, yes, he could be top-class by relying solely on him.

Biohazardous
2015-05-22, 13:52
Aww, that makes me sad.

Imperial, while I agree on most points I'd say that Issei's got a while before he can go beyond needing Ddraig. Dude was a World+ Buster.

Don't be sad :p

Archilla
2015-05-22, 14:11
Don't be sad :p

That show was my childhood... but I digress.

Issei's gonna get a good powerup, but he's not just gonna jump a bunch of tiers IMO. I wouldn't mind him thrashing a cocky member of Belial's peerage. The old v10 queen roflstomp is one of my favorite moments in the entire series. Says a lot about Issei's character.

KnightShade
2015-05-22, 14:22
The last thing id want is issei becoming another natsu, so i dont mind if his powerups actually take a while before hes top tier

Chichiryuushintei
2015-05-22, 14:27
The last thing id want is issei becoming another natsu, so i dont mind if his powerups actually take a while before hes top tierIf anyone would like that, that person should reflect on his life.

1 year training off screen and he one shots a fucking God of War.

Seriously, nothing compares to FT's bullshit-wise.

saw2097
2015-05-22, 14:58

That is exactly what I think will happen, I really have a hard time seeing him fight this guy without learning to use his GR and Ophis abilities, they are different from the Boosted Gear and Albion's power in that they are part of his body, as it was made from them.

Its like what Azazel said about Euclid, the problem isn't the Boosted Gear the problem is the weak factor which is Ise himself, these powers from Great Red and Ophis allow him to finally get around that.

Oh and about Fairy Tail, that isn't a fair comparison.

Natsu was revived to be the most powerful demon in the FT universe by the most powerful and evil wizard of the Fairy Tail universe.

Chichiryuushintei
2015-05-22, 15:02
That is exactly what I think will happen, I really have a hard time seeing him fight this guy without learning to use his GR and Ophis abilities, they are different from the Boosted Gear and Albion's power in that they are part of his body, as it was made from them.

Its like what Azazel said about Euclid, the problem isn't the Boosted Gear the problem is the weak factor which is Ise himself, these powers from Great Red and Ophis allow him to finally get around that.

Natsu was revived to be the most powerful demon in the FT universe by the most powerful and evil wizard of the Fairy Tail universe.

NOTHING excuses One-Shotting a GOD OF FUCKIN' BATTLE/WAR.

It's a God. If you treat a God like fodder when they were just introduced, you suck as a writer. Period.

Chris38
2015-05-22, 15:10
Well ... if I'm not mistaken Ise has gotten a quite huge power up as well ... in just a single year :heh:.

It's just that the enemies / issues that he deals with have grown as well, which makes this power up a little less apparent, but it's there, especially if we compare Ise's development pace to the development pace that a more 'normal' reincarnated Devil has - or the Ise from the beginning of the LN to the current one.

I also believe that once Ise awakens the power of Great Red / Ophis his development is going to slow down a little bit, because:

1.) The other main characters need to have some power developments as well, in order to stay relevant to the combat situations ... since, after all ... the future enemies are most likely going to be even stronger then the ones that team DxD is dealing with, in the current arc.

2.) I doubt that after awakening the power of Great Red / Ophis, Ise is going to have any other 'sources of power' that could allow him to acquire even more abilities and mastering his powers is going to definitely take a lot more time then awakening them (and Ise also has a lot of time to achieve that, considering how long Devils live...

Seafoam
2015-05-22, 15:13
NOTHING excuses One-Shotting a GOD OF FUCKIN' BATTLE/WAR.

It's a God. If you treat a God like fodder when they were just introduced, you suck as a writer. Period.

That "God" is the same "God" that Minerva's trashy magic in the tournament was derived from. The strongest Demon in existence should have no issues one shotting it. Especially if you've noticed that anything "God" related in the series has been nothing short of fodder so far. Cough I'm looking at you Orga/Zancrow.

Anyways, back on topic, Issei never powers up to ridiculously high levels and actually keeps the power or without some form of recoil. Although you can probably expect one soon if Vali is also getting one.

Gary29
2015-05-22, 15:15

It depends on what those powers are. Giving him powerful abilities does not equate to strengthening him as a person. However, what I see happening, especially with the Crom Cruach mentor theory becoming more and more likely, is that he'll strengthen himself through Dragonification training, which will directly influence his physical strength in CCQ. He's a humanoid Dragon, not a human, so with enough training he could hit someone without even needing to Dragonify and KO them.

saw2097
2015-05-22, 15:26
It depends on what those powers are. Giving him powerful abilities does not equate to strengthening him as a person. However, what I see happening, especially with the Crom Cruach mentor theory becoming more and more likely, is that he'll strengthen himself through Dragonification training, which will directly influence his physical strength in CCQ. He's a humanoid Dragon, not a human, so with enough training he could hit someone without even needing to Dragonify and KO them.

That is exactly what I think his Great Red powers are, they are improvements to his physical strength, speed, and stamina.

Which would work perfectly as a upgrade to his BB, and it would lengthen the time for his BB as he will have more stamina to burn.

Chichiryuushintei
2015-05-22, 15:38
That "God" is the same "God" that Minerva's trashy magic in the tournament was derived from. The strongest Demon in existence should have no issues one shotting it. Especially if you've noticed that anything "God" related in the series has been nothing short of fodder so far. Cough I'm looking at you Orga/Zancrow.

Anyways, back on topic, Issei never powers up to ridiculously high levels and actually keeps the power or without some form of recoil. Although you can probably expect one soon if Vali is also getting one.

The fact "Gods" are so downplayed is what I'm complaining about. Plus, he hasn't awakened any Demon magic yet. It wasn't even Dragon Force or Lightning Flame, just a regular fire attack.

iNoto
2015-05-22, 15:42
I agree, I see Belial as the confirmation that Ise's reached Maou-class (because c'mon, we all know he's gonna fight Belial 1v1 in the end). Euclid was the beginning.

Issei's is gonna get rekt.

Parry999
2015-05-22, 15:46

Anyways, back on topic, Issei never powers up to ridiculously high levels and actually keeps the power or without some form of recoil. Although you can probably expect one soon if Vali is also getting one. Most hax magic in the series that she only used once that the author pulled an asspull armor out of erza ass to beat then never used that magic or armor again trashy ok.:confused:

So what do you think Ruval will do. What would happen if rias fights belial since being champ is her goal after all?

Chichiryuushintei
2015-05-22, 15:48
Most hax magic in the series that she only used once that the author pulled an asspull armor out of erza ass to beat then never used that magic or armor again trashy ok.:confused:

So what do you think Ruval will do. What would happen if rias fights belial since being champ is her goal after all?

If Rias fought Belial her peerage would be crushed like a Maou by Great Red.

Parry999
2015-05-22, 16:00
If Rias fought Belial her peerage would be crushed like a Maou by Great Red. The gap can't be that big.

Chichiryuushintei
2015-05-22, 16:25
The gap can't be that big.
It was an hyperbole of course, but doesn't change the fact Rias's peerage doesn't stand a chance.

Belial alone is as strong as a Maou and has an ability as OP as Rizevim's.
And there are 5-15 unknown people he deemed worthy of being his servants.

Parry999
2015-05-22, 16:39
It was an hyperbole of course, but doesn't change the fact Rias's peerage doesn't stand a chance.

Belial alone is as strong as a Maou and has an ability as OP as Rizevim's.
And there are 5-15 unknown people he deemed worthy of being his servants. Yeah more characters with cool powers he wont do anything with like sairaorg peerage.

Chichiryuushintei
2015-05-22, 16:43
Yeah more characters with cool powers he wont do anything with like sairaorg peerage.

They'd still curbstomp Rias's peerage.

Parry999
2015-05-22, 16:52
They'd still curbstomp Rias's peerage. Sirzechs doesn't seem to think his sisters peerage is weak but he does want to smash her so he might be bias. They'll have to be ultimate class devils to curb stomp rias peerage currently.

Archilla
2015-05-22, 16:54
Sirzechs doesn't seem to think his sisters peerage is weak but he does want to smash her so he might be bias. They'll have to be ultimate class devils to curb stomp rias peerage currently.

Belial's? I assume the #1 peerage would in fact be made up of Ultimate Devils, yeah.

Chichiryuushintei
2015-05-22, 16:58
Sirzechs doesn't seem to think his sisters peerage is weak but he does want to smash her so he might be bias. They'll have to be ultimate class devils to curb stomp rias peerage currently.
That doesn't mean he thinks they'd be able to fight the fucking champion. Strenght is something absurdly relative in the DxD universe.
Plus, he has no screws in his head.

Their King is as strong as a Maou. Of course they're going to be strong as hell. Otherwise it'd be just anti-climatic and boring.

Parry999
2015-05-22, 17:16
If more in the top 10 defect they be pretty screwed.

Chichiryuushintei
2015-05-22, 17:19
If more in the top 10 defect they be pretty screwed.
Are you talking about the Top 10 Kings of Rating Game?

Belial seems to have a really personal reason for joining Qlippoth, so I doubt anymore would do the same.

Parry999
2015-05-22, 17:27
Are you talking about the Top 10 Kings of Rating Game?

Belial seems to have a really personal reason for joining Qlippoth, so I doubt anymore would do the same. Yeah Meanwhile all the angels and fallen angels that joined aren't doing anything.

Chichiryuushintei
2015-05-22, 17:31
Yeah Meanwhile all the angels and fallen angels that joined aren't doing anything.
None of them were major players, just fodder that weren't happy with the Alliance. If they did something, it wouldn't be noteworthy anyway.

KnightShade
2015-05-22, 18:07
The fact "Gods" are so downplayed is what I'm complaining about. Plus, he hasn't awakened any Demon magic yet. It wasn't even Dragon Force or Lightning Flame, just a regular fire attack.

I dont know whats worse the bs power ups of ft or the fact that fans eat that shit up.

Chichiryuushintei
2015-05-22, 18:37
I dont know whats worse the bs power ups of ft or the fact that fans eat that shit up.

Worst part is when some actually call a bullshit moment badass. Erza VS Minerva in the Grand Magic Tournament or whatever it was called and Erza VS That chick from Tartaros are the worst. And that shit with Happy and Jackal of course.

God... Just... No.

I'm going to stop discussing this, since this is the Volume 20 thread. We've gone too much off-topic already.

cyberdemon
2015-05-22, 20:09

There is if Issei wants to become the ratings game champion. A strategist who can't protect herself when the need arises will become useless and a liability. Even Asia, who is likely to become his other bishop is learning magic and making pacts with dragons in order to become stronger.

Chichiryuushintei
2015-05-22, 20:17
There is if Issei wants to become the ratings game champion. A strategist who can't protect herself when the need arises will become useless and a liability. Even Asia, who is likely to become his other bishop is learning magic and making pacts with dragons in order to become stronger.
I did say she'd be on the back. And it's not like the Evil Dragons can't protect Asia and her at the same time.

Ise only wants to be relatively high in the RG rankings. He doesn't care about being Champion, specially because, to do so, he'd have to fight Rias.

He's not the type of guy that dreams of being on the top.

Tbolt
2015-05-22, 22:05
Ise would never have to fight Rias because when ever she and her team have a match Ise is right there with her as her Pawn. The only way Ise will compete in the Rating games as a King is when Rias retires from the rating games.

Chichiryuushintei
2015-05-22, 22:09
Ise would never have to fight Rias because when ever she and her team have a match Ise is right there with her as her Pawn. The only way Ise will compete in the Rating games as a King is when Rias retires from the rating games.
Rias wants to be champion + Ise can't be champion without fighting her, since he puts her dream before anything else + He can't fight her because of those rules = He can't be champion even if he wanted to be which he doesn't.

She doesn't need to retire for him to compete against other teams.

cyberdemon
2015-05-22, 22:17

They potentially could if limitations were put on the match such as Issei must fight with none of his pawns since he is all of Rias's pawns

Chichiryuushintei
2015-05-22, 22:29
They potentially could if limitations were put on the match such as Issei must fight with none of his pawns since he is all of Rias's pawns

Then he wouldn't be able to fight at full power because he needs to use the pawn pieces inside him to activate CCQ. It'd be just giving him a bunch of disadvantages, and I doubt either would want that (They wouldn't want to fight each other in the first place).

cyberdemon
2015-05-22, 22:39
Then he wouldn't be able to fight at full power because he needs to use the pawn pieces inside him to activate CCQ. It'd be just giving him a bunch of disadvantages, and I doubt either would want that (They wouldn't want to fight each other in the first place).

He wouldn't be able to use those anyway as long as he is playing as a king. They are pawn traits. Either way, even when he is playing as a pawn, there are limitations on it unless, like with Sairaorg, the opponent allows him to use it.

There is a potential that he can develop a king version of it though. King pieces have no special ability but the author could get creative.

Like there is a ln series called Magika no Kenshi to Basileus. In it the main character is a king over the 72 pillar demons (rather than just a peerage of chess pieces). When he adds girls to his harem by having the fall for him, he is able to use all the abilities that they can use. Issei could have a similar ability where all those he adds to his peerage, he can use their abilities.

Chichiryuushintei
2015-05-22, 22:45
He wouldn't be able to use those anyway as long as he is playing as a king. They are pawn traits. Either way, even when he is playing as a pawn, there are limitations on it unless, like with Sairaorg, the opponent allows him to use it.

There is a potential that he can develop a king version of it though. King pieces have no special ability but the author could get creative.

Like there is a ln series called Magika no Kenshi to Basileus. In it the main character is a king over the 72 pillar demons (rather than just a peerage of chess pieces). When he adds girls to his harem by having the fall for him, he is able to use all the abilities that they can use. Issei could have a similar ability where all those he adds to his peerage, he can use their abilities.
It was never said he wouldn't be allowed to use those.

There isn't really enough proof that King pieces are put inside the High Class Devils that recieves a peerage.

So he'd be just the perfect attacker, defender and supporter? No thanks, I don't need or want a Tatsuya Stu as the MC of my favourite LN.

ImperialFlameGod8190
2015-05-22, 22:48

That would be borderline ridiculous if he got the same traits as the guy from magika.
Plus the fact remains that Issei would at most be able to use BB transfer and gift. he wont be able to use any other abilities because they are too powerful.

Chichiryuushintei
2015-05-22, 22:53
That would be borderline ridiculous if he got the same traits as the guy from magika.
Plus the fact remains that Issei would at most be able to use BB transfer and gift. he wont be able to use any other abilities because they are too powerful.
Only when he fights against chump fodder. When he faced some of the higher rankings, considering how OP some Devil Clans abilities are, he could be allowed to use them.

Parry999
2015-05-22, 23:17
Only when he fights against chump fodder. When he faced some of the higher rankings, considering how OP some Devil Clans abilities are, he could be allowed to use them. Belial used his OP Power against raiser. I don't think issei will be that limited besides his gag powers like dress break and bilingual.

Chichiryuushintei
2015-05-22, 23:21
Belial used his OP Power against raiser. I don't think issei will be that limited besides his gag powers like dress break and bilingual.

Yeah I think so too.

Tbolt
2015-05-22, 23:49
Rias wants to be champion + Ise can't be champion without fighting her, since he puts her dream before anything else + He can't fight her because of those rules = He can't be champion even if he wanted to be which he doesn't.

She doesn't need to retire for him to compete against other teams.

On first sight what you say is true but what happens in your line of thinking when they are set to have a match with each other (it would not be fair to other teams if they made a rule that they can't fight each other). Ise will always be Rias's Pawn, just because he becomes a High Class devil and gets his own peerage he is still and always be Rias pawn.

Only difference is in the people Ise MAY trade Rias for IE: Asia, Xenovia they would be only Ise's peerage, and would only have to fight for Ise.

Parry999
2015-05-23, 01:11
Your all wrong rias vs ise would turn into a live TV orgy and the one that passes out first looses.

Chichiryuushintei
2015-05-23, 07:43
On first sight what you say is true but what happens in your line of thinking when they are set to have a match with each other (it would not be fair to other teams if they made a rule that they can't fight each other). Ise will always be Rias's Pawn, just because he becomes a High Class devil and gets his own peerage he is still and always be Rias pawn.

Only difference is in the people Ise MAY trade Rias for IE: Asia, Xenovia they would be only Ise's peerage, and would only have to fight for Ise.

I'm talking about Ise VS other people. I pretty much stated in that comment he can't fight Rias in an RG.

@Parry: As if Ise would let people film his girls naked.

Tbolt
2015-05-23, 08:20
Now that's a great idea and would have high TV viewership Naked Rating games.

Gary29
2015-05-23, 11:50
I'm talking about Ise VS other people. I pretty much stated in that comment he can't fight Rias in an RG.

@Parry: As if Ise would let people film his girls naked.

It'll be heavily censored like Tokyo Ghoul, like with Sairaorg's Bishop. And they'll be the ones to set-up the filming. :heh:

Ise doesn't want to be champion of the RG, but he does want some sort of title. So he can just settle for a high ranking, or if Rias retires and relinquishes her position he can work his way up the ranks and take over.

Chichiryuushintei
2015-05-23, 12:07
It'll be heavily censored like Tokyo Ghoul, like with Sairaorg's Bishop. And they'll be the ones to set-up the filming. :heh:

Ise doesn't want to be champion of the RG, but he does want some sort of title. So he can just settle for a high ranking, or if Rias retires and relinquishes her position he can work his way up the ranks and take over.

She doesn't need to retire to focus on other stuff. Diehauser is an actor besides being the Champion.

GrrDraxin
2015-05-23, 12:58
I can see one price for Ise's new ability, and it could involve a temporary conspicuousness flip between him and Ddraig in full dragonification form. Where it's Ddraig as a miniature version of himself from his old days, albeit without a lot of his power available, and Ise talking to him from his left arm and/or head. So, for say a few days Ddraig is living again, and Ise is forced to "rest" for that few days because of doing something reckless that should have otherwise killed him. This is also a good opportunity to get to know Ddraig and explore his and Ise's relationship since Ise treats Ddraig like a brother-in-arms than as a tool unlike past possessors.

As for Ravel, I think she has a least a few fighting moves up her sleeves. After all, you can't be an "underworld manager" and not have at least one cool intimidation move to "aggressively negotiate" with. Just because we haven't seen her use them, and that she doesn't seem inclined to use them, doesn't mean she doesn't have them at all.

For the Rias vs Ise debate, such a match-up is not possible since one without Ise, Rias's team is incomplete, and Ise's could technically be called a subordinate peerage, unless they want to play it without Ise's pawns being usable.

Reading into vol 19, I think in the event that Shiva would become unreliable in the Trihexa battle, Ise may end up being a key to getting Great Red up and powered enough to fight it off, if somehow Ise manages to gank Lilith from Rizavim and then use his vol 12 GR Uniting technique, and this time include Ophis and Lilith to combine and amplify all three of their powers to universe destroying levels.

It's possible that only Ise could pull this off because his body's special characteristic of combining the Dream (Great Red) and the Infinite (Ooboros/Ophis), and one (or even include Vali for both) of the Heavenly Dragons into one body, to battle the ultimate forces of destruction.

SAO and Monogatari did it. We're not (at least I'm not) talking about explicit sex, just a "we did it last night" max.
Araragi also got laid? Wow, Who got to do the deed, and not have someone else who may have been interested in taking his virginity doing them harm?

Chichiryuushintei
2015-05-23, 13:06
I can see one price for Ise's new ability, and it could involve a temporary conspicuousness flip between him and Ddraig in full dragonification form. Where it's Ddraig as a miniature version of himself from his old days, albeit without a lot of his power available, and Ise talking to him from his left arm and/or head. So, for say a few days Ddraig is living again, and Ise is forced to "rest" for that few days because of doing something reckless that should have otherwise killed him. This is also a good opportunity to get to know Ddraig and explore his and Ise's relationship since Ise treats Ddraig like a brother-in-arms than as a tool unlike past possessors.

That'd be a fair price I think. Really interesting development potential also.

As for Ravel, I think she has a least a few fighting moves up her sleeves. After all, you can't be an "underworld manager" and not have at least one cool intimidation move to "aggressively negotiate" with. Just because we haven't seen her use them, and that she doesn't seem inclined to use them, doesn't mean she doesn't have them at all.

She's the cutest virtually immortal fire bird in the history of fiction. Of course she's intimidating.

For the Rias vs Ise debate, such a match-up is not possible since one without Ise, Rias's team is incomplete, and Ise's could technically be called a subordinate peerage, unless they want to play it without Ise's pawns being usable.
Agreed

Reading into vol 19, I think in the event that Shiva would become unreliable in the Trihexa battle, Ise may end up being a key to getting Great Red up and powered enough to fight it off if somehow Ise manages to gank Lilith from Rizavim and then use his vol 12 GR Uniting technique, and this time include Ophis to combine and amplify all three of their powers to universe destroying levels.

It's possible that only Ise could pull this off because his body's special characteristic of combining the Dream (Great Red) and the Infinite (Ooboros/Ophis), and one (or even include Vali for both) of the Heavenly Dragons into one body, to battle the ultimate forces of destruction.

But GR fighting Trihexa is exactly what they are trying to avoid. If they fight, dimensions would collapse as a consequence. It makes Madara VS Hashirama destroying a country look like 2 toddlers fighting over a toy.

Araragi also got laid? Wow, Who got to do the deed, and not have someone else who may have been interested in taking his virginity doing them harm?

According to some Monogatari fans he did. I don't read or watch this series myself.

Royalknightftw
2015-05-23, 13:12
@GrrrDraxin

Sounds like "two personalities in one body" kind of thing, poor Ddraig had to keep up being Oppai Dragon in first-person experience if that happened. Hmmm though, i don't think it's such a heavy price to pay just to switch body with Ddraig.

I agree though, just because Ravel is a strategist does not mean she does not need one or two skills to obliterate someone

Tbolt
2015-05-23, 13:32
Someone it may have been jop that said that Ravel starts training with the group.

jopjopjop
2015-05-23, 13:59
Someone it may have been jop that said that Ravel starts training with the group.

I don't remember saying something like that. :confused:

It's either I don't remember it or you're confusing it with Riser and his team started training as well.

Tbolt
2015-05-23, 14:04
Its my memory someone posted about Ravel starting training with the Gremorys

BladeMancer
2015-05-23, 20:51
I hope we get a glimpse of the Trihexa in this volume.

Biohazardous
2015-05-23, 21:37

Reading into vol 19, I think in the event that Shiva would become unreliable in the Trihexa battle, Ise may end up being a key to getting Great Red up and powered enough to fight it off, if somehow Ise manages to gank Lilith from Rizavim and then use his vol 12 GR Uniting technique, and this time include Ophis and Lilith to combine and amplify all three of their powers to universe destroying levels.

I'd love any excuse to learn more about Ddraig. :)

exiagundam00
2015-05-25, 07:39
Well ... if I'm not mistaken Ise has gotten a quite huge power up as well ... in just a single year :heh:.

It's just that the enemies / issues that he deals with have grown as well, which makes this power up a little less apparent, but it's there, especially if we compare Ise's development pace to the development pace that a more 'normal' reincarnated Devil has - or the Ise from the beginning of the LN to the current one.

I also believe that once Ise awakens the power of Great Red / Ophis his development is going to slow down a little bit, because:

1.) The other main characters need to have some power developments as well, in order to stay relevant to the combat situations ... since, after all ... the future enemies are most likely going to be even stronger then the ones that team DxD is dealing with, in the current arc.

2.) I doubt that after awakening the power of Great Red / Ophis, Ise is going to have any other 'sources of power' that could allow him to acquire even more abilities and mastering his powers is going to definitely take a lot more time then awakening them (and Ise also has a lot of time to achieve that, considering how long Devils live...

2) I doubt this opinion. why? Because Issei is irregular; Irregular in this case means, he can get a sudden power-up from unexpected places. In the previous volume when Cao Cao fight Issei in Kyoto, Issei got unexpected power-up from Chichigami, god from another world. so even if Issei awaken power from GR/ Ophis, abnormal power-up still practically possible...

the only drawback is: u can't help but bust out lough if something like this happen again, the exact opposite reaction of when he got power-up by normal means (training, etc)...

Chichiryuushintei
2015-05-25, 07:45
2) I doubt this opinion. why? Because Issei is irregular; Irregular in this case means, he can get a sudden power-up from unexpected places. In the previous volume when Cao Cao fight Issei in Kyoto, Issei got unexpected power-up from Chichigami, god from another world. so even if Issei awaken power from GR/ Ophis, abnormal power-up still practically possible...

the only drawback is: u can't help but bust out lough if something like this happen again, the exact opposite reaction of when he got power-up by normal means (training, etc)...
Chichigami helping was during the fight against Loki. In Kyoto he hijacked the Dragon Gate with his worldly desires and summoned Rias.

I love his silly power-ups, they're awesome. I actually want another to happen soon since it's been too damn long since his last one.

exiagundam00
2015-05-25, 08:12
Chichigami helping was during the fight against Loki. In Kyoto he hijacked the Dragon Gate with his worldly desires and summoned Rias.

I love his silly power-ups, they're awesome. I actually want another to happen soon since it's been too damn long since his last one.

o y, sorry, I mixed them up... btw, I still believed Issei got unlimited chance of power-up than other MALE characters in this LN. Heck, even Vali power-up could be considered "childish" in power-wise.

Regarding Vol.20, I really hope Issei's training with Go kong 1st has significant power-up to go against Belial. In power-wise, I think Issei is comparable to the Old Maoh, since he can beat Shalba & Grendel without getting KOed like in the fight against Sairaorg...

Maybe in this volume, one of his power-up is he can use Longinus Smasher without 1 month restriction like last time? or maybe he can unlock some features available in Juggernaut Drive other than LS? I'd love to see that, especially those BEAMS...

The only thing to concern is about how to get Ravel back to live (if she ever died, which I still don't believed yet). I hope Azazel don't have to force Gasper's GF to do that since her power is still donsidered dangerous to her wellbeing...

Weather
2015-05-25, 08:24
HypeHypeHypeHypeHypeHypeHypeHypeHypeHypeHypeHypeHy peHypeHypeHypeHypeHypeHypeHypeHypeHypeHypeHypeHype HypeHypeHypeHypeHypeHypeHypeHypeHypeHypeHypeHypeHy peHypeHypeHypeHypeHypeHypeHypeHypeHypeHypeHypeHype HypeHypeHypeHypeHypeHypeHypeHypeHypeHypeHypeHypeHy peHypeHypeHypeHypeHypeHypeHypeHypeHypeHypeHypeHype HypeHypeHypeHypeHypeHypeHypeHypeHypeHypeHypeHypeHy peHypeHypeHypeHype

That's all I'm gonna say for now.

Royalknightftw
2015-05-25, 09:59
You know most of the times, those silly power ups are just one-time thing.....hmmmm wait.....i guess i was wrong. Can we consider Bilingual as one of Issei's power up??

Chichiryuushintei
2015-05-25, 10:07
You know most of the times, those silly power ups are just one-time thing.....hmmmm wait.....i guess i was wrong. Can we consider Bilingual as one of Issei's power up??

The the only time it was a one-time thing was Chichigami.

Dress Break, Bilingual, Balance Breaker, Triaina, CCQ(?) are permanent power ups.

Before someone asks, I suspect Ishibumi wants Oppai Beam to go to the Pit Of The Forgotten to join Reverse and Loki. Since it wasn't even mentioned after V12 IIRC.

Royalknightftw
2015-05-25, 10:18
The the only time it was a one-time thing was Chichigami.

Dress Break, Bilingual, Balance Breaker, Triaina, CCQ(?) are permanent power ups.

Before someone asks, I suspect Ishibumi wants Oppai Beam to go to the Pit Of The Forgotten to join Reverse and Loki. Since it wasn't even mentioned after V12 IIRC.

Well, the oppai beam is dangerous for issei's heart, you know what i mean, right??:D

Chichiryuushintei
2015-05-25, 10:26
Well, the oppai beam is dangerous for issei's heart, you know what i mean, right??:D

... Yes...

DOmus
2015-05-25, 10:27
If Qlippoth went through hell/ underworld - purgatory, wasnt there a chance to go over the cocytus and free kokabiel or other bad guys?

Edit: little mistake regarding Loki.

Chichiryuushintei
2015-05-25, 10:32
If Qlippoth went through hell/ underworld - purgatory, wasnt there a chance to go over the cocytus and free loki or other bad guys?

Considered the Hero Faction took Samael from it, yes it'd be possible. But I think Hades wouldn't let them since he was up in a tight spot because of the last time he did it. Sirzechs made the skeleton grow sweat glands just by standing there, so he probably doesn't want to piss him off again.

Royalknightftw
2015-05-25, 10:49
That Hades is planning something for sure, why does he need Apophis for??.
Well, Iirc there are talks about "twelve heinous criminals" as some sort of new antagonists.

Hokoga
2015-05-25, 12:15
HypeHypeHypeHypeHypeHypeHypeHypeHypeHypeHypeHypeHy peHypeHypeHypeHypeHypeHypeHypeHypeHypeHypeHypeHype HypeHypeHypeHypeHypeHypeHypeHypeHypeHypeHypeHypeHy peHypeHypeHypeHypeHypeHypeHypeHypeHypeHypeHypeHype HypeHypeHypeHypeHypeHypeHypeHypeHypeHypeHypeHypeHy peHypeHypeHypeHypeHypeHypeHypeHypeHypeHypeHypeHype HypeHypeHypeHypeHypeHypeHypeHypeHypeHypeHypeHypeHy peHypeHypeHypeHype
I think your artificial sacred gear is broken, you might want to see Azazel about that. :heh:

Chichiryuushintei
2015-05-25, 13:53

That's all I'm gonna say for now.
There's no hype like overhype!

ImperialFlameGod8190
2015-05-25, 20:11
There's no hype like overhype!

Agreed when all of us saw Season 3 come up JD and Diodora's ass kicking were things we universally wanted and 2 events that needed to be Great. Diodora's ass kicking was satisfying. Now to JD

cookievalenzuela666
2015-05-27, 16:57
i'd like for kuroka's harem status to be cleared up already. right now she's in harem limbo, she does have some interest in issei, but we don't know if it's a romantic interest, and that, along with living at the hyoudou residence is what qualifies as being in issei's harem (in my opinion). hopefully in vol 20 her feelings towards issei become more clear. the other day someone who's only seen the anime asked me if kuroka ends up being one of issei's ladies, and i wasn't sure what to say, i absolutely want kuroka in issei's harem because she is one of my favorite characters, but at this point her status remains unclear....

Biohazardous
2015-05-27, 20:07
No telling what the will do with her. She cant do much as far as Harem until Koneko gets a piece. :p

novalysis
2015-05-27, 23:19

Yes, he did it with Senjougahara at the conclusion of Nisemonogatari - it isn't outright said in the anime, but heavily implied and referenced in future arcs. And yes, it was one (major) out of the several triggers behind Nekomonogatari White. And Nadeko Snake for that matter.

Speaking of which, though Issei wouldn't be doing the deed ever within this series, it's more or less a forgone conclusion that he will eventually do it with the rest of the harem, with Rias having the right to go first. I actually think he would remain a virgin all the way until he weds Rias - and consummates the marriage.

I actually have this amusing picture of Ravel Phenix actually creating a sex schedule for Issei's harem, just to avert the continued cockblocking and interruptions.

cyberdemon
2015-05-27, 23:35
i'd like for kuroka's harem status to be cleared up already. right now she's in harem limbo, she does have some interest in issei, but we don't know if it's a romantic interest, and that, along with living at the hyoudou residence is what qualifies as being in issei's harem (in my opinion). hopefully in vol 20 her feelings towards issei become more clear. the other day someone who's only seen the anime asked me if kuroka ends up being one of issei's ladies, and i wasn't sure what to say, i absolutely want kuroka in issei's harem because she is one of my favorite characters, but at this point her status remains unclear....

Kuroka is too free spirited to become a domesticated cat. She might try a sleep and run for the sake of dragon blood children but she's also tried that with Vali. She isn't the type to allow herself to have romantic feelings if it means she will be tied down... and by that I mean tied down to Issei by loving him and not tied down to a bed which she might enjoy lol

Direwolf18
2015-05-28, 06:33
Kuroka is too free spirited to become a domesticated cat. She might try a sleep and run for the sake of dragon blood children but she's also tried that with Vali. She isn't the type to allow herself to have romantic feelings if it means she will be tied down... and by that I mean tied down to Issei by loving him and not tied down to a bed which she might enjoy lol

I disagree to an extent. I agree that she will never be a true domestic cat like Koneko, that is very much true. Koneko wants nothing more then to curl up in Issei's lap and be petted. Kuroka is diffrent however. That being said she is pretty much guaranteed to be one of Issei's girls though, she does care for him. She still follows Vali around because it's fun and she does feel a sense of personal loyalty. But end of the day she will come back to Issei's side.

Maybe more of an outdoor cat that swings by for food, sleeps inside on crappy nights, but is more then happy wandering the neighborhood at night. And waking the neighbors at 3 in the morning by picking fights with other outdoor wildlife.

Volume 20 will probably tell us more, but I think I am on to something here.

Biohazardous
2015-05-28, 08:30
I agree with Dire. Ise wouldn't tie her down to their place he would continue to allow her to come and go. I think she would spend a lot of time there though and will roam for a change of pace or when a little bored. I think Ise will come the closest possible with her in taming her. He has a ability to break your walls and get you to fall for him.

Gary29
2015-05-28, 09:28
I pretty much agree with Direwolf. And if she does end up joining Ise's peerage, she'd still get to have fun in Rating Games and such. It'd be a win-win situation.

Which led me to thinking... v20's title is "Career Consultation". We've gotten a good amount of foreshadowing in v18 (Zekrum's talk about becoming a High-class Devil) and v19 (Ise already considering Xenovia, Ravel and Asia as part of his future peerage), so since it's too early for an actual promotion, what sort of development in Ise's future could we get?

Biohazardous
2015-05-28, 09:38
Laying out game plan for his future. Maybe talk of others he's considering for peerage. Feels for the girls and maybe plans. His thoughts on being a dragon humanoid. Talk about his training and current power. Maybe a little more Ophis by way of talking to Ise about things possibly herself so he can make a game plan for pulling anything possible relating to her. I think that kind of thing would help show his growth. He needs to show that type of growth to be a high-class devil.

cyberdemon
2015-05-28, 18:57
I pretty much agree with Direwolf. And if she does end up joining Ise's peerage, she'd still get to have fun in Rating Games and such. It'd be a win-win situation.

Kuroka can't join his peerage. Kuroka is a bishop requiring 2 pieces. Asia plans to follow Issei, Ravel (she is definitely going to survive) is a sure thing for his other bishop piece. There is no way for Kuroka to fit in.

Chichiryuushintei
2015-05-28, 19:04
Kuroka can't join his peerage. Kuroka is a bishop requiring 2 pieces. Asia plans to follow Issei, Ravel (she is definitely going to survive) is a sure thing for his other bishop piece. There is no way for Kuroka to fit in.

Who knows, maybe because her master is dead Ajuka could do something. It's just wishful thinking, but still.

Biohazardous
2015-05-28, 19:40
Only time will tell muhahaha

Tbolt
2015-05-28, 19:52
Ise gets a big box marked Evil Pieces and Kuroka pops out dressed in a erotic Queen outfit. And a recording of Ajuka laughing his ass off.

Chichiryuushintei
2015-05-28, 19:55
Ise gets a big box marked Evil Pieces and Kuroka pops out dressed in a erotic Queen outfit. And a recording of Ajuka laughing his ass off.

Ajuka laughing would be epic. :D

Parry999
2015-05-28, 23:17
Ajuka laughing would be epic. :D Then vali and comes and punches him in the face for NTRing his team.

Wandering Soul
2015-05-29, 00:11
Then vali and comes and punches him in the face for NTRing his team.
I doubt Vali would really care. His team might be somewhat weaker then but I don't think that it would really matter to him.

B214
2015-05-29, 00:22
Well i don't think Kuroka will leave the Vali Team though.

Chichiryuushintei
2015-05-29, 04:34
Then vali and comes and punches him in the face for NTRing his team.

The hell? If he let them live in his house, why would he mind Kuroka joining Ise's peerage?

Always86
2015-05-29, 05:39
I think Vali will end up with his own peerage. The way he will be able to keep fighting will be in the ratings game.

Chichiryuushintei
2015-05-29, 05:44
I think Vali will end up with his own peerage. The way he will be able to keep fighting will be in the ratings game.

RGs aren't fights to the death though. I doubt he'd be happy with a half-assed fight where both sides have to hold back.

Biohazardous
2015-05-29, 08:06

That would be funny as hell. Especially if she adds a nyan. Koneko has to be next to him with a wtf onee-sama look.

RGs aren't fights to the death though. I doubt he'd be happy with a half-assed fight where both sides have to hold back.

They just need to revamp the system. Nothing saying they can't make it better. We can always hope. :)

Always86
2015-05-29, 09:53

The problem is, we presume the final fight will be Ise/Vali. Ise won't kill him, either Ise beats the fight out of him or takes away his death wish. It would be the only way in a peaceful world to fight strong opponents.

KnightShade
2015-05-29, 10:38
I disagree to an extent. I agree that she will never be a true domestic cat like Koneko, that is very much true. Koneko wants nothing more then to curl up in Issei's lap and be petted. Kuroka is diffrent however. That being said she is pretty much guaranteed to be one of Issei's girls though, she does care for him. She still follows Vali around because it's fun and she does feel a sense of personal loyalty. But end of the day she will come back to Issei's side.

Maybe more of an outdoor cat that swings by for food, sleeps inside on crappy nights, but is more then happy wandering the neighborhood at night. And waking the neighbors at 3 in the morning by picking fights with other outdoor wildlife.

Volume 20 will probably tell us more, but I think I am on to something here.

throwing my card in dires hat here, kuroka for local wife

Chichiryuushintei
2015-05-29, 11:03
The problem is, we presume the final fight will be Ise/Vali. Ise won't kill him, either Ise beats the fight out of him or takes away his death wish. It would be the only way in a peaceful world to fight strong opponents.

Why do you assume Ise wouldn't kill him? And he said himself he'd gladly end his life if he had to live in such a world.

Biohazardous
2015-05-29, 12:23
Ise doesn't have a reason to want Vali dead atm. Unless something happens to give him a reason. Though at this point I can't see Vali doing anything to the girls or his family to make Ise want to kill him.

Parry999
2015-05-29, 13:54
I doubt Vali would really care. His team might be somewhat weaker then but I don't think that it would really matter to him. I was joking

Always86
2015-05-29, 21:19
Why do you assume Ise wouldn't kill him? And he said himself he'd gladly end his life if he had to live in such a world.

At this point Vali is pretty much Ise Friend, I think he'd fight his friends, but doubt he'd kill them. I'm pretty much thinking along the lines of Naruto/ Saske. Vali might kill Ise, but since Ise is the MC he won't. Therefore at best they fight to a draw and both live, if not Ise wins but won't kill.

I bet money Ise won't kill Vali if and when they finally fight,

Chichiryuushintei
2015-05-29, 21:25
At this point Vali is pretty much Ise Friend, I think he'd fight his friends, but doubt he'd kill them. I'm pretty much thinking along the lines of Naruto/ Saske. Vali might kill Ise, but since Ise is the MC he won't. Therefore at best they fight to a draw and both live, if not Ise wins but won't kill.

I bet money Ise won't kill Vali if and when they finally fight,

Companion in arms to fight Rizevim? Maybe. Friend? No, at least not yet.

Ise isn't like Naruto, he kills his enemies if he can, no talk no jutsu bullshit. If Vali challenges him for a final fight, he'll go for the kill, and Ise'll also go for kill him so that he doesn't die. He knows he can't win against Vali if he holds back, even if just a little, so he'll be completely serious when that happens.

iNoto
2015-05-29, 21:40

Ise isn't like Naruto, he kills his enemies if he can, no talk no jutsu bullshit. If Vali challenges him for a final fight, he'll go for the kill, and Ise'll also go for kill him so that he doesn't die. He knows he can't win against Vali if he holds back, even if just a little, so he'll be completely serious when that happens.

If issei learns tnj then yea he would.

cookievalenzuela666
2015-05-31, 13:11
i just don't see kuroka being a "local wife". what attracted her to issei was the fact that she wanted to have his children. i absolutely think kuroka becomes a part of issei's harem and she does end up having a child with him (for some reason i think they have a boy and he is one of those delinquent types). what i don't see happening is kuroka leaving issei and their child to continue her vali team shenanigans or her taking their kid with her. i think at some point kuroka realizes that she is happy being with issei and koneko (and the rest of the hyoudou residence) and decides to stay.

Tenryu
2015-05-31, 15:03
My poor heart needs more Kuroka and Shirone mode Koneko :/, i cannot wait to see illustrations of vol 20, #THE HYPE IS REAL

Archilla
2015-05-31, 18:32
My poor heart needs more Kuroka and Shirone mode Koneko :/, i cannot wait to see illustrations of vol 20, #THE HYPE IS REAL

I would love to see a full-tilt, super-detailed illustration of CCQ. Hell, I'd love it to be the alternate cover. One is Issei in base, one is CCQ.

Chichiryuushintei
2015-05-31, 19:21
I would love to see a full-tilt, super-detailed illustration of CCQ. Hell, I'd love it to be the alternate cover. One is Issei in base, one is CCQ.

I think the alternative cover thing is only for limited editions that come with OVAs.

But I agree that a CCQ coloured illustration would be epic, specially if it was him facing Crom Cruach.

KnightShade
2015-06-03, 21:03
i just don't see kuroka being a "local wife". what attracted her to issei was the fact that she wanted to have his children. i absolutely think kuroka becomes a part of issei's harem and she does end up having a child with him (for some reason i think they have a boy and he is one of those delinquent types). what i don't see happening is kuroka leaving issei and their child to continue her vali team shenanigans or her taking their kid with her. i think at some point kuroka realizes that she is happy being with issei and koneko (and the rest of the hyoudou residence) and decides to stay.

you know i actually agree with you, the thing is until the story even begins to give us development for kuroka the safest bet for now is that she'll be a local wife. that can change and probably will

Hokoga
2015-06-03, 21:37
Has Ishibumi released any spoilers about this volume yet?

Chichiryuushintei
2015-06-03, 22:02
Has Ishibumi released any spoilers about this volume yet?

No, it'll probably be a week or two before he releases those quotes.

bluestahli1
2015-06-03, 22:21
Crom needs an illustration of himself I can only picture him out atm is an Azazel with a different color.

Gary29
2015-06-04, 12:40
I just want a detailed, colored illustration of Crom Cruach in volume 20, similar to what we got with Bennia in v16. He's a good guy now, it's about time. Miyama please? ;_;

Our first real information about this volume's contents (the quotes/preview given by Ishibumi a month before the release) should be out in 11-14 days. Release date's still back and forth between 15th and 18th of July. And we should get the cover early July/late this month.

Always86
2015-06-04, 18:58

Ise and Vali have watched porn together, it might be a bit of a weird relationship, but I think there is a bunch of things that would point towards a growing Friendship. Even Draig and Albion are starting to get along and helping each other become more powerful.

If we don't count faceless trash, how many confirmed kills does Ise have?

In a kill or be killed scenario I think Ise would fight to win against Vali. But I also think, once he had won, once Vali new he couldn't win Ise wouldn't kill him. And at this point Vali would want to go on to fight Ise again, so he can become the strongest.

jopjopjop
2015-06-04, 19:27

One. Shalba.

ImperialFlameGod8190
2015-06-04, 19:48
Ise and Vali have watched porn together, it might be a bit of a weird relationship, but I think there is a bunch of things that would point towards a growing Friendship. Even Draig and Albion are starting to get along and helping each other become more powerful.

In a kill or be killed scenario I think Ise would fight to win against Vali. But I also think, once he had won, once Vali new he couldn't win Ise wouldn't kill him. And at this point Vali would want to go on to fight Ise again, so he can become the strongest.

2. Shalba and Jabberwocky (the giant monster that appeared that issei defeated when he fused with GR

In a kill or be killed scenario vali would smoke Issei because as many have pointed out issei doesnt have the mentality to be a killer. Vali is more then willing to go the extra mile though his whims are surprising but when Vali has to kill he does it without hesistation and thats where Issei fails atm.

Unless the person kills somebody important Issei wont go for the kill and that will finish him against Vali. Granted Vali strikes me as right in between Vegeta and Kenpachi on mentality. He wants a good fight more then anything else and beating an opponent worthy of his power is what he really wants and only when he finds that "worthy opponent" will he do what has to be done.

jopjopjop
2015-06-04, 19:56
2. Shalba and Jabberwocky (the giant monster that appeared that issei defeated when he fused with GR

Jabberwocky was a being created by Annihilation Maker. If you count Jabberwocky, then you should also count the anti-monsters that were also created and destroyed as they're basically the same thing.

ImperialFlameGod8190
2015-06-04, 21:58
Jabberwocky was a being created by Annihilation Maker. If you count Jabberwocky, then you should also count the anti-monsters that were also created and destroyed as they're basically the same thing.

IIRC Issei only smacked Jabberwocky others killed the anti-monsters.

jopjopjop
2015-06-05, 01:05
IIRC Issei only smacked Jabberwocky others killed the anti-monsters.

Anti-monsters aren't limited to what Jabberwocky made. They are also what Issei and the group faced in v7 and v9 alongside the Hero-faction members.

They are just the same; beings created by Annihilation Maker and cannot be classified as a person.

Chichiryuushintei
2015-06-05, 03:24

In a kill or be killed scenario vali would smoke Issei because as many have pointed out issei doesnt have the mentality to be a killer. Vali is more then willing to go the extra mile though his whims are surprising but when Vali has to kill he does it without hesistation and thats where Issei fails atm.

Unless the person kills somebody important Issei wont go for the kill and that will finish him against Vali. Granted Vali strikes me as right in between Vegeta and Kenpachi on mentality. He wants a good fight more then anything else and beating an opponent worthy of his power is what he really wants and only when he finds that "worthy opponent" will he do what has to be done.
>Says Ise killed two people.
>Says Ise doesn't have the mentality to be a killer.

Wot. If he needs to, he'll kill the enemy, there's no way he'd hesitate to kill Vali if it was a fight to the death.

exiagundam00
2015-06-05, 03:51
Issei doesn't have what I called "killer" trait, but remember, Vali will do everything to make Issei fight him to the death, whether using Taunt (like what Azazel intreprets as "halving everyone's (female) breasts'), Attacking Issei's weak spot (his female teammate or his female companion like Ravel), even go as far as overwhelming him, then taunting him that he"ll killed all his comrade after he kills Issei, which will makes Issei frustrated once more (like always, Issei needs to be frustrated once to unlock new power-up)

exiagundam00
2015-06-05, 04:38
>Says Ise killed two people.
>Says Ise doesn't have the mentality to be a killer.

Wot. If he needs to, he'll kill the enemy, there's no way he'd hesitate to kill Vali if it was a fight to the death.

no, no...:eyebrow: Issei WON'T hesitate to kill Vali if it's to protect everone's OPPAI...:D OPPAI is his source of life, his raison de etre, as well as his source of power... :heh:

just imagine, what will become of Issei without everyone's oppai? yup, u'r right. just a 'muttsuri sukebe' ;). Most of his power & power-up catalyst are OPPAI-related things.

Although he said he's like 'the embodiment of perverse', in fact, he is too shy to be called 'the embodiment of perverse' since he won't do anything more than just groping the tits (well, I was aware that anymore than that will be considered as 'crossing the line', and this book might as well not getting published or will be heavily edited in the published version)...:uhoh:

Chichiryuushintei
2015-06-05, 04:42
Issei doesn't have what I called "killer" trait, but remember, Vali will do everything to make Issei fight him to the death, whether using Taunt (like what Azazel intreprets as "halving everyone's (female) breasts'), Attacking Issei's weak spot (his female teammate or his female companion like Ravel), even go as far as overwhelming him, then taunting him that he"ll killed all his comrade after he kills Issei, which will makes Issei frustrated once more (like always, Issei needs to be frustrated once to unlock new power-up)

There's really no need for a new power-up. This final fight I'm speaking of is placed centuries on the future where both Ise and Vali have mastered all of their powers.

And I don't think Ise would need to be taunted because he'd have a family by then. I doubt he'd be fine with leaving a lot of children grow up without a father. He'd rather kill Vali.

@EDIT: What's a 'muttsuri sukebe'?

exiagundam00
2015-06-05, 05:10
btw, I have a question after watching DxD Born ep. 9... what is Divine Dividing (Albion) finishing move in JD? for Boosted Gear, it is Longinus smasher which works by spamming the use of [Boost] until the limit & then burst it out. using the same logic, I think the spamming use of [Divide] will be just a waste of power. It might be logical to use it more than usual if ur opponent is God-class or Maoh-class opponent, but then, it's still just your ordinary [Divide], nothing else. Could it be Divine Dividing finishing move in JD is something similar to [Compressor]? [Compressor] is like the combination of both [Divide] & [Half Dimension], with more specific target & more effective-wise (in [Half Dimension], I think not only the target, but the surrounding will also be halved, while the opponent power might as well be the same as before, but in [Compressor], u just have to [Compress] specific target without harming ur surrounding, while the target compressed not just his body, but also his power)

exiagundam00
2015-06-05, 05:30
There's really no need for a new power-up. This final fight I'm speaking of is placed centuries on the future where both Ise and Vali have mastered all of their powers.

And I don't think Ise would need to be taunted because he'd have a family by then. I doubt he'd be fine with leaving a lot of children grow up without a father. He'd rather kill Vali.

@EDIT: What's a 'muttsuri sukebe'?

muttsuri sukebe is 'closet pervert'. Means, he is a pervert who is too shy to do pervert things.

Issei vs. Vali fights, in my opinion, won't be a 'century' later, but not too long after current DxD's timeline. Vali's list of opponents which he want to fight is still a long way to go, but then, he still considers the fight with the 'Red' as one of his priorities till now. If I follow your line of thinking, when the fight will take place in the future after Issei has matured physically & power-wise, ofc it'd be interesting, but just that. What makes the fights in this LN interesting is the ups & downs of the male protagonists againts strong enemies which sometimes leads to another power-up that leads to victory. this power-up, as said before, might be "one-time use" or permanent power-up. O y, one more. in almost every fight which Issei got power-up, he never win the fight by overwhelming his opponent. He almost (if not always) wins by small margin, most of the time by his tenacity to win (in boxing language, Issei's power-up is only allow him to win by small margin, not T.K.O'd his opponent)

exiagundam00
2015-06-05, 06:00
btw, I have one more thing which disturbs me from time to time. Before vol. 12, Issei is a Human-reincarnated devil, which means he is basically a Human in body & soul. from vol. 12 onwards, Issei is NOT a HUMAN, but a DRAGON-shaped HUMANOID. He is a human only in soul. If Issei is not a HUMAN anymore, how can he "got laid" and how can he get a child? Human & Devil reproduction system might as well be the same, that's why Vali were born, but DRAGON? I think DRAGON reproduce by LAYING EGGS, unlike human & devils. moreover, how can Dragon's sperm fertilize human's / devil's egg? those 2 are different species with different kinds of breeding too... any other ideas?

Chichiryuushintei
2015-06-05, 06:04
btw, I have one more thing which disturbs me from time to time. Before vol. 12, Issei is a Human-reincarnated devil, which means he is basically a Human in body & soul. from vol. 12 onwards, Issei is NOT a HUMAN, but a DRAGON-shaped HUMANOID. He is a human only in soul. If Issei is not a HUMAN anymore, how can he "got laid" and how can he get a child? Human & Devil reproduction system might as well be the same, that's why Vali were born, but DRAGON? I think DRAGON reproduce by LAYING EGGS, unlike human & devils. moreover, how can Dragon's sperm fertilize human's / devil's egg? those 2 are different species with different kinds of breeding too... any other ideas?He was and will always be a Devil. He stopped being human in v1.

His physiology is still humanoid. meaning he's got a dick and balls just like before. So no problem there.

jopjopjop
2015-06-05, 06:08
Ishibumi finally announced v20's sale.

I'm intrigued on what Ishibumi said on one of his tweets and if I get that correctly.

First ever in DxD where he wrote about someone stopping another by slamming their hand on a wall (that's according to jisho and it is viewed as romantic).

Hmm. GAY or NAY? :heh:

kusabireika
2015-06-05, 06:11
btw, I have a question after watching DxD Born ep. 9... what is Divine Dividing (Albion) finishing move in JD? for Boosted Gear, it is Longinus smasher which works by spamming the use of [Boost] until the limit & then burst it out. using the same logic, I think the spamming use of [Divide] will be just a waste of power. It might be logical to use it more than usual if ur opponent is God-class or Maoh-class opponent, but then, it's still just your ordinary [Divide], nothing else. Could it be Divine Dividing finishing move in JD is something similar to [Compressor]? [Compressor] is like the combination of both [Divide] & [Half Dimension], with more specific target & more effective-wise (in [Half Dimension], I think not only the target, but the surrounding will also be halved, while the opponent power might as well be the same as before, but in [Compressor], u just have to [Compress] specific target without harming ur surrounding, while the target compressed not just his body, but also his power)
Err if I gonna guess the similar of Vali on the move/finisher of Issei's Longinus Smasher is Emperio Juggernaut Overdrive's Compression Divider seen on Vol. 12 poor Ultimate Grim Reaper " Pluto" :heehee: