PDA

View Full Version : High School DxD Light Novel - EX Sidestories Discussion

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

Kairin
2015-09-09, 23:25
Welcome to the discussion thread for High School DxD EX Sidestories.

Thread Guidelines
Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
Spoilers or hints about future events must not be posted in this thread.
If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message (http://forums.animesuki.com/faq.php?faq=vb_board_usage#faq_vb_pm_explain), or seek out a more appropriate thread.
Be polite to your fellow forum members.
Please try to keep the discussion on-topic.
Do not post multiple times in a row. Please edit your existing post if you wish to add additional thoughts.

GrrDraxin
2015-09-09, 23:57
Yay, now maybe one the conversation that's been in the other thread will come here and let me catch back up on the 30 some-odd pages I've missed.

The 48th Ronin
2015-09-10, 00:33
Let the (sometimes unreasonable) rants begin. :heh:

B214
2015-09-10, 02:15
Ise is a lousy father, Xenovia goes OOC, this makes no sense etc. Yeah it's worth the wait.

Archilla
2015-09-10, 09:08
Issei's main son is Future Trunks.

That is all.

B214
2015-09-10, 10:07
Issei's main son is Future Trunks.

That is all.

Now that you mentioned it Future Trunks did use a sword when he first appeared.

Archilla
2015-09-10, 11:44
Now that you mentioned it Future Trunks did use a sword when he first appeared.

And is from a depressing alternate future where he's the child of two main characters, and has taken on a massive burden because an evil force has appeared and the great hero of their time has been removed from the equation and can't fight.

He uses a sword, has a tense relationship with his father, shoots magic blasts, eventually will save his timeline, and eventually will be born in the original timeline as well.

Biohazardous
2015-09-10, 12:10
What in the world GDK for your signature lol.

Archilla
2015-09-10, 12:17
What in the world GDK for your signature lol.

It's a joking play on the famous SSJ3 speech. I might get rid of it, it's a little much.

Chichiryuushintei
2015-09-10, 12:23
It's hilarious. xD

amtro
2015-09-10, 12:37
EX1 Summary
http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost.php?p=5606388&postcount=1712

EX2 Summary
http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost.php?p=5638587&postcount=2334

EX3 Summary
http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost.php?p=5698309&postcount=319

EX4 Summary
http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost.php?p=5739706

EX5 Summary
http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost.php?p=5748450

Archilla
2015-09-10, 12:44
Keep up this faggotry and I'm abandoning y'all

Okay... (https://openclipart.org/image/2400px/svg_to_png/130081/Untitled-1.png)

Biohazardous
2015-09-10, 12:56
Nani? :eyespin:

DragonOsman
2015-09-10, 13:01
And is from a depressing alternate future where he's the child of two main characters, and has taken on a massive burden because an evil force has appeared and the great hero of their time has been removed from the equation and can't fight.

He uses a sword, has a tense relationship with his father, shoots magic blasts, eventually will save his timeline, and eventually will be born in the original timeline as well.

It said Ise had to pay a price when he ended the war, but I don't know if it really means that he can't fight at all. I think we need some sort of confirmation for this. And in Future Trunks' timeline, Goku had died from a viral heart disease that they didn't have a cure for before he could fight, which didn't happen to Ise in the future Ichs came from.

This other part I agree with, though. It's indeed quite similar for both series.

Ariel_Saeba
2015-09-10, 13:18
Oroooo....

Let's keep the Alternate Universe talk heat up in this thread....

The DBZ shout-out seems to be getting out of hand in EX, doesn't it?

I'm more interested with Loki's appearance, though, and I need confirmation: Is Loki that appear in the BorN timeline the Loki from the LN timeline, thus possibly creating a subtle paradox of two Lokis appeared at the same timeline and in turn give birth to EX storyline?

DragonOsman
2015-09-10, 13:22
The future being alluded to in EX is in the same timeline, so the Future Loki we see in it is from the LN's future. Or at least he should be, if I'm right.

About you saying, "Orooooooo": Isn't that something Kenshin from the manga Rurouni Kenshin likes to say? That, and the fact that you have a Kenshin avatar, tells me that you are a Kenshin fan. *looks at his own Kenshin avatar* . . . And yeah, so am I.

Ariel_Saeba
2015-09-10, 13:52
I see. Seems that this is a part of my confusion in the time-travel storyline shenanigans (well it is always messy, whether from the Eastern or Western end of the spectrum :heh:).

EDIT: BorN and EX didn't show two Lokis, so yeah, gues I'm the one screwed up.

About you saying, "Orooooooo": Isn't that something Kenshin from the manga Rurouni Kenshin likes to say? That, and the fact that you have a Kenshin avatar, tells me that you are a Kenshin fan. *looks at his own Kenshin avatar* . . . And yeah, so am I.

Yep. I'm a big fan of RK, all of it (manga, anime, or the live-action film). part of the reason why I am learning kenjutsu in the first place :D.

The 48th Ronin
2015-09-10, 20:26
Is it allowed to repost the previous spoilers here? Just a heads-up for new viewers.

amtro
2015-09-11, 02:28
Yes, by all means. Do try to get some actual discussion in here.

DragonOsman
2015-09-11, 12:15
Is it okay to bring in the same discussion from the other thread about EX? Or would you not like that.

@Ariel: Yeah, BorN and EX didn't show two Lokis, that's indeed true. But we still know that there's one Loki who came from the future.

amtro
2015-09-11, 12:35
I'm not going to police discussion, I just don't want to come to this thread to find that some jackass is posting about completely unrelated shit for the enth time. This thread is meant to be what the other discussion thread became. Discuss everything that has to do with EX here.

Ariel_Saeba
2015-09-11, 13:29
Is it okay to bring in the same discussion from the other thread about EX? Or would you not like that.

@Ariel: Yeah, BorN and EX didn't show two Lokis, that's indeed true. But we still know that there's one Loki who came from the future.

Yep. The future Loki's appearance is the fact that won't change (in EX, that is.)

Ariel_Saeba
2015-09-11, 13:49
I'm curious about these lines (these were B214's spoilers which was posted in the wiki, permission to post it here)

I finally meet those people! Now, i'll just have to begin disposing off those 『○○』! Amen it is!――A chestnut haired ○○ with Angel and Dragon wings.

Proceed the plan without hesitation. This is all for our God――【メルヴァゾア】さまのお導きだろう。――《○○七曜》レッズォ・ロアドの『四将』ルマ・イドゥ ラ (Once again dunno)

DragonOsman
2015-09-11, 16:14
We already know the answers for those (except for the gender of Irina's kid) because Jopjopjop later gave us the spoilers that had the information missing from that spoiler that B214 had posted. Just go and take a look in the thread about "other topics" related to HS DxD where we've been talking about EX before this thread was created.

Irina's kid is probably a boy, too, since all of Ise's children so far have been boys except for the Nekomata kids because it seems like Nekomata can only ever be female. It'd be good if I'm proven wrong about Irina's kid also being a boy, though.

cyberdemon
2015-09-11, 21:04
found the summaries for 1 and 2

1- http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?p=5606388#post5606388
2- http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?p=5638587#post5638587

Malicre
2015-09-12, 00:20
So is it true that hes basically retconning season 3 of dxd? That would be amazing, i actually started to hate everything about dxd after watching the final 3 episodes of the last season.

Chichiryuushintei
2015-09-12, 01:04
It probably won't be mentioned or relevant again but it still happened. So not a retcon.

cyberdemon
2015-09-12, 01:10
So is it true that hes basically retconning season 3 of dxd? That would be amazing, i actually started to hate everything about dxd after watching the final 3 episodes of the last season.

Season 3 is more just a retelling so it isn't true canon to the series. The only real canon in this case is volumes 5-7

Malicre
2015-09-12, 01:28
thats amazing, this news made my day.

DragonOsman
2015-09-12, 12:03
You should already have known that the anime isn't canon. In the case of the DxD series, the LN is canon. The events shown in BorN were just the result of Future Loki coming back to the past and changing it to his liking. The EX side-story is meant to fix that and to cure Asia's curse which was placed by Loki in the future.

Malicre
2015-09-12, 16:14
You should already have known that the anime isn't canon. In the case of the DxD series, the LN is canon. The events shown in BorN were just the result of Future Loki coming back to the past and changing it to his liking. The EX side-story is meant to fix that and to cure Asia's curse which was placed by Loki in the future.

yeah i know its not cannon but seeing rias go completely out of character like that and the subtle NTR that happened ruined dxd in general for me. I am hoping that they don't ruin season 9/10/11/12 if they happen.

Chichiryuushintei
2015-09-12, 16:30
yeah i know its not cannon but seeing rias go completely out of character like that and the subtle NTR that happened ruined dxd in general for me. I am hoping that they don't ruin season 9/10/11/12 if they happen.
It is canon just as much as EX is canon. It's an alternate timeline, but yeah, still pretty canon.

Considering that all of BorN was done mostly for the sake of promoting the LN (and EX) which didn't work, (unless someone can show me that there was a significant increase in sales of the older volumes) I doubt there'll be something similar again.

They also immediately said a few hours/days after episode 12 aired that if there's a next season it'll be done like the others, adapting only 2 volumes.

And going by the BD sales (6.5k per volume up to now) it's certain that there'll be another season. So at least v10 is confirmed to be animated. A season 5 is very unlikely though.

DragoMuseveni
2015-09-12, 16:47
It is canon just as much as EX is canon. It's an alternate timeline, but yeah, still pretty canon.

Considering that all of BorN was done mostly for the sake of promoting the LN (and EX) which didn't work, (unless someone can show me that there was a significant increase in sales of the older volumes) I doubt there'll be something similar again.

They also immediately said a few hours/days after episode 12 aired that if there's a next season it'll be done like the others, adapting only 2 volumes.

And going by the BD sales (6.5k per volume up to now) it's certain that there'll be another season. So at least v10 is confirmed to be animated. A season 5 is very unlikely though.

Season 5 most likely will be after two years after season 4 . TNK will deplete all their money in order to animate V10 decently .
Also i believe Season 5 will be tha last one ..... if they will not introduce chichigami through another point which is more unlikable .

Back on the topic i hope in the next EX volumes to find out more about GR , Ophis and Fafnir

Chichiryuushintei
2015-09-12, 16:57
Season 5 most likely will be after two years after season 4 . TNK will deplete all their money in order to animate V10 decently .
Also i believe Season 5 will be tha last one ..... if they will not introduce chichigami through another point which is more unlikable .

Back on the topic i hope in the next EX volumes to find out more about GR , Ophis and Fafnir

The thing is, if the anime follows the rule of always selling less than the previous season (which happens to the vast majority of seasonal anime) I don't think there'll be enough profit for a Season 5. But I said it's unlikely not impossible. If you like having hope for this kind of stuff, go ahead, miracles happen and stuff.

But yeah, if there's a Season 5 it will (read it as "should") be the last one for sure.

Those are the things that need an explanation the most. How in the fuck those people (who, by the way, according to the summary are as strong a Chief Gods, therefore not even a joke to Great Red) got past GR and how Loki was able to even touch Asia before Fafnir tore him to shreds?

DragonOsman
2015-09-12, 18:05
Either something happened to Fafnir, or the curse Loki put on Asia was the kind that he could cast while not being in the same room as her. It seems kind of unlikely, though, since Loki would have had to be around the premises long enough to be noticed at least (since Ise's kids also know that Loki put a curse on Asia). I guess he could just have gone close to their house and then cast the curse. They all sense his aura and are able to tell that he did something. Then they notice what happened to Asia, and then it goes from there.

Chichiryuushintei
2015-09-12, 18:13
Either something happened to Fafnir, or the curse Loki put on Asia was the kind that he could cast while not being in the same room as her. It seems kind of unlikely, though, since Loki would have had to be around the premises long enough to be noticed at least (since Ise's kids also know that Loki put a curse on Asia). I guess he could just have gone close to their house and then cast the curse. They all sense his aura and are able to tell that he did something. Then they notice what happened to Asia, and then it goes from there.

If it was like that why not just cast the curse on everyone? Besides, I'm pretty sure Ise's house would have some heavy protection in the future with the OP alchemy that was shown up to now in EX. And if they could sense his aura, well, he'd be atomized, and not in a condition of being able to travel back to the past.

DragonOsman
2015-09-12, 18:32
I guess that's true. He did seem to want to target just Asia, though. Maybe thought he could get the healer out of the way and everything else would go smoothly. Villains tend to make mistakes like if they get overconfident in their powers. I don't know for sure, though, so I guess it's best to wait for more of EX to come out.

B214
2015-09-13, 19:00
Apparently EX takes place during V7-8

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=493331344177173&id=491285327715108

sevenshunter
2015-09-14, 01:22

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=493331344177173&id=491285327715108
well, it's explain why azazel say kids stronger than their parrent

DragonOsman
2015-09-14, 17:50
Yeah, they're only stronger than their parents' V7-8 selves. It actually does kind of make sense if you think of it like that.

The 48th Ronin
2015-09-14, 20:48
Wait, where are the (ban-inducing) rants? :heh:

Chichiryuushintei
2015-09-14, 20:53
I was never banned so I have no idea of what you're talking about.

MV5
2015-09-14, 23:43

What about this sentence from the EX.2 spoiler? "Even with Ravel helping him as his manager, he will still be hard-pressed with time." Did Jpop add this in since we assumed it took place after Vol.12?

Chichiryuushintei
2015-09-15, 10:39
What about this sentence from the EX.2 spoiler? "Even with Ravel helping him as his manager, he will still be hard-pressed with time." Did Jpop add this in since we assumed it took place after Vol.12?

Either that or Ishibumi made a continuity mistake.

DragonOsman
2015-09-15, 12:10
Yeah, it could be a continuity mistake. When exactly was it that Ravel became his manager, though? I kind of forget.

Chichiryuushintei
2015-09-15, 12:35
Yeah, it could be a continuity mistake. When exactly was it that Ravel became his manager, though? I kind of forget.

I remember it was at least being considered as a possibility in v10. Not sure when she officially started being his manager though.

MV5
2015-09-15, 14:46
I remember it was at least being considered as a possibility in v10. Not sure when she officially started being his manager though.

Vol.11 when Sirzechs gave Ravel the green-light.

DragonOsman
2015-09-15, 15:10
Oh, okay. Thanks, MV5. So it wasn't around Volume 7 either way, huh? So yeah, Ishibumi either made a continuity mistake, or Jopx3 added it in we thought it was around Volume 11 or 12 (although I'm not sure about this one).

OmegaWeaponZ
2015-09-15, 15:43
Wait. Hopefully this doesn't mean that Ravel isn't gonna be part of the harem in the future...Well either way, lets just hope for good end to all of this. EX is starting to leave a bad after taste in my mouth... (Like the 3rd season anime last 3 eps...)

Chichiryuushintei
2015-09-15, 15:55
Wait. Hopefully this doesn't mean that Ravel isn't gonna be part of the harem in the future...Well either way, lets just hope for good end to all of this. EX is starting to leave a bad after taste in my mouth... (Like the 3rd season anime last 3 eps...)

Nah, she will be in it. It's just that EX takes place in-between v7-8 and it's bundled with the BorN BDs, so Ishi probably wants to avoid any spoiler (like Ross) as possible.

Biohazardous
2015-09-15, 16:26
I agree I think it's just a taste of the future without spoiling anything from the novels after the time frame it's covering. Basically can read volume 8 switch to EX then after continue to volume 9 with nothing spoiled.

jopjopjop
2015-09-15, 17:00

Oh, okay. Thanks, MV5. So it wasn't around Volume 7 either way, huh? So yeah, Ishibumi either made a continuity mistake, or Jopx3 added it in we thought it was around Volume 11 or 12 (although I'm not sure about this one).

http://i.imgur.com/Z1MjiDB.png

Chichiryuushintei
2015-09-15, 17:12

Continuity mistake it is then.

MV5
2015-09-15, 21:37

Slight oversight there. You'd think the editor would spot that.

B214
2015-09-15, 22:43
Slight oversight there. You'd think the editor would spot that.

Well EX isn't really link to Fujimi Shobo, so there's no editors involve i think. Or maybe Ishibumi just thought about the timeline after he wrote this chapter. :heh:

MV5
2015-09-16, 00:26
Well EX isn't really link to Fujimi Shobo, so there's no editors involve i think.

That is really interesting to know if that statement is true about the non involvement of the editor.

Imagine Breaker
2015-09-16, 03:51
Just noticed something..

They all have dragon wings, right? I just want to ask if that is because of the artificial Boosted Gear or because they are part-Dragons? Since if it is the second one, then it would be a spoiler on Issei's fate (being reborn using Great Red's flesh).

Biohazardous
2015-09-16, 08:08
That would kinda be a spoiler/foreshadow type thing. Some people who read it during the time it happens then the other volumes won't think much of it. Then when he dies or possibly later they will be like oooohhhh.

amtro
2015-09-16, 10:25
Just noticed something..

They all have dragon wings, right? I just want to ask if that is because of the artificial Boosted Gear or because they are part-Dragons? Since if it is the second one, then it would be a spoiler on Issei's fate (being reborn using Great Red's flesh).

In the case of Zen and Kurenai it was stated that their wings were draconic, whatever that means. You have to remember that they are devils first and foremost. Issei is technically a diabolic dragon at this point. Ixis has not brought out his wings yet, but he is noted to have a very nostalgic dragon's aura.

OmegaWeaponZ
2015-09-16, 11:57
I think I know why Ix is so angsty ... Not only is he in his rebellious phase... Hes basically the middle child of the group (while being born to the first wife :heh: ... just imagine the conversation between Rias and Co. XD). Btw, wouldn't it be funny if the only child who took after Issei's fighting style(or lack there of...) would be Asia's child. I mean, considering her natural affinity for dragons, it should make the inheritance of the draconic genes much stronger.

Biohazardous
2015-09-16, 12:01
In the case of Zen and Kurenai it was stated that their wings were draconic, whatever that means. You have to remember that they are devils first and foremost. Issei is technically a diabolic dragon at this point. Ixis has not brought out his wings yet, but he is noted to have a very nostalgic dragon's aura.

My take draconic would mean dragon based rather than the devil wings.

I think I know why Ix is so angsty ... Not only is he in his rebellious phase... Hes basically the middle child of the group (while being born to the first wife :heh: ... just imagine the conversation between Rias and Co. XD). Btw, wouldn't it be funny if the only child who took after Issei's fighting style(or lack there of...) would be Asia's child. I mean, considering her natural affinity for dragons, it should make the inheritance of the draconic genes much stronger.

It is possible for Asia's child to have the most dragon based properties due to her affinity if that gets passed down. It seems like it will since the others are getting the best of both worlds kinda thing even stuff from earlier generations.

cyberdemon
2015-09-16, 14:10
Poor Rias, first wife, first in Issei's heart yet her child was at maximum the third born (only Koneko's and/maybe Kuroka's children are know to be younger at this point). Akeno is probably all too happy to hold that over her head lol.

Biohazardous
2015-09-16, 14:14
Come on it wouldn't be Akeno if she didn't

Akeno: Hey Rias?
Rias: Nani
Akeno: I had a kid first teehee
Rias: (╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻

OmegaWeaponZ
2015-09-16, 14:45

^That would be priceless to see.

Also, perhaps the kids inherited a portion of their mothers personality(Isseis strong one is a given influence). Would be funny to see how Akeno's (lets just hope its just not t the same level as the side story which shall not be mentioned), Asia's, Ravel's and Ross's kids would turn out(likely not gonna happen for the last two to be shown though), would also explain how Zen was able to cope with his strict mother.

Now that I also think about it, WHY did the future Loki make it so that Issei never meets Chichigami? That and the general's remark to Ix that "You are still to young to wear power like him". My guess, the ultimate power up for Issei is yet to come, or rather, realized. Chichigami mode XD

And last but not least, although stating that the future for the current leaders are not good. It doesn't necessarily mean they're all dead(although Azazel's case is a bit bleak), or the equivalent of a Shakespeare tragedy. Take Levi, she could have very well left the maou due to maternity leave (if thats even possible) and never cared to join again. Or even they sut decide to step down for the next generation.

Biohazardous
2015-09-16, 14:55
It can be expected in 30 years Ise has fully mastered Heavenly Dragon power and his DxD Dragon-God Power. That is a lot to wield even at Heavenly Dragon Level. Ix is doing his best to be better than his Father and step out of his shadow. Loki kinda put him in his place.

Bigmac
2015-09-16, 15:51

True but then Rias can turn round and say:

Rias: Hey Akeno.
Akeno: Yes?
Rias: See this wedding ring? Where's yours?
Akeno: ...

amtro
2015-09-16, 15:57
Akeno does not care about that. In fact she might get off on the fact that she's Issei's mistress.
At this point it's purely optional since Issei is married to at least 3 girls in the future. Also I don't think devils care about the holiness of matrimony.

Biohazardous
2015-09-16, 16:00
She loves to tease Rias that would be the perfect thing. She loves the mistress thing cus of the naughty factor of it.

Chichiryuushintei
2015-09-16, 16:20
Akeno does not care about that. In fact she might get off on the fact that she's Issei's mistress.
At this point it's purely optional since Issei is married to at least 3 girls in the future. Also I don't think devils care about the holiness of matrimony.

A mistress is someone the husband bangs behind the wife's back. Rias is fully aware of Ise and Akeno's relationship so she's not a mistress. She's just like any of the other girls that Ise hasn't officially married.

I don't think Devils have the same concept of marriage as us. At least as far as religiosity goes, since, you know, they are Devils. :heh: To them it's probably just done for the sake of social status.

And I don't think she would mind if the other girls got pregnant first. It's not something any of them has any control of, and doesn't really say anything about them or their relationship with Ise. Akeno and Xenovia just got lucky.

GrrDraxin
2015-09-16, 16:46
Akeno may say and think of herself as a mistress, but in reality, she's a concubine, a "second wife" sort of speak. If there were affairs going on that none of the girls were aware of, then THAT person would be the true mistress.

Chichiryuushintei
2015-09-16, 16:50
Akeno may say and think of herself as a mistress, but in reality, she's a concubine, a "second wife" sort of speak. If there were affairs going on that none of the girls were aware of, then THAT person would be the true mistress.

For half a second before she was promoted to a charring corpse. :heh: And I don't even want to think of what they'd do to Ise if they found out he was cheating on them. :uhoh:

Biohazardous
2015-09-16, 21:24
Beat the crap out of him then tend his wounds.

Chichiryuushintei
2015-09-16, 21:49
Beat the crap out of him then tend his wounds.

... He just cheated on them and they'd forgive him like that? I'd expect a divorce at the least.

Weather
2015-09-16, 22:16
... He just cheated on them and they'd forgive him like that? I'd expect a divorce at the least.

I can actually see them sighing and facepalming while thinking... "...as expected of him"

OmegaWeaponZ
2015-09-16, 23:30
Is it even possible for him to cheat on the in the first place. Coz so far, they're just been all "Welcome to the club" with every girl that takes an interest in him...

The 48th Ronin
2015-09-16, 23:46
Ise's the kind of person that will actually "cheat" w/o him even knowing. :heh:

Biohazardous
2015-09-17, 08:12

I don't he is their world a world they don't want to be apart of without him. Hurt and upset yes very much. They'd get over it though.

Is it even possible for him to cheat on the in the first place. Coz so far, they're just been all "Welcome to the club" with every girl that takes an interest in him...

It's been people they like so yes they welcome him. Don't forget that one ape girl Rias flat out said no for. If it's someone they could be friends with and like the person has a good chance of being accepted in the circle. This harem for the most part all love each other like a family and gets along.

Ise's the kind of person that will actually "cheat" w/o him even knowing. :heh:

I could see this too. :heh:

cyberdemon
2015-09-17, 09:33
Ix sounds a lot like Boruto from Naruto. Stubborn and hotheaded with a seeming hate for her father but he probably secretly idolizes him more than the others.

DragonOsman
2015-09-17, 12:23
@OmegaWeaponZ: It was stated in EX that the future is still safe, and that it won't be safe anymore if Loki has his way (which he obviously won't). So in the future, Ise has already been contacted by Chichigami; Loki just wants to make it so that it doesn't happen, which is why he came to the past. His reasoning is that if Ise is never contacted by Chichigami, they'll never find out about the other worlds, and they also won't meet with stronger and stronger enemies like they've been doing which also means that they won't get the chance to get on-the-field battle experience or training done to get stronger themselves; then, as a result, in the future 30 years from then, they'd be weaker and thus more easily defeated by the ULs and the Evil Gods from the other world. That and, due to not having known about the existence of other words, they'd also be caught completely off-guard.

And as for the harem, I'm with Biohazard. The reason they've welcomed most of the girls into it is because they can all get along well and they also accept each other and the fact they all have romantic feelings for Ise. Rias did flat out reject that one Monster Tamer girl who fell in love with Ise.

About the fact that Rias' son was born after Xenovia's and Akeno's, that's only because pureblood Devils have extremely low birthrates. And they all know about that. Akeno would most likely tease Rias, but on the other hand they also all know that there are really no hard feelings.

cyberdemon
2015-09-17, 16:18
Rias did flat out reject that one Monster Tamer girl who fell in love with Ise.

Which is funny because she's likely one of the prime candidates to be part of his peerage

OmegaWeaponZ
2015-09-17, 23:34
Which is funny because she's likely one of the prime candidates to be part of his peerage

Which reminds me that Issei will probably end up having one of the larger harems ever know. (Note: I did not say the largest, just in the league of it, perhaps)

Royalknightftw
2015-09-18, 02:23
Which reminds me that Issei will probably end up having one of the larger harems ever know. (Note: I did not say the largest, just in the league of it, perhaps)

And he has a REALLY LONG lifespan, who is to say that some eons later he couldn't get some other chicks. Well the current girls might prevent new chicks from joining Issei's harem, but you know how Issei is.

amtro
2015-09-18, 07:04

Nah, part two states that his wives are keeping him in line. Which is to say that they're not allowing any more harem expansion. Think of all the opportunist bitches that would swarm Issei for his fame, genes and power if he kept on chasing skirts.
All the rivaling noble families that would try to jump on the Seikryuutei-train by throwing their daughters at him, since that worked with Ravel.
Think of the sheer amount of children he'd have. I'm surprised they haven't castrated him yet.

Chichiryuushintei
2015-09-18, 07:51
Nah, part two states that his wives are keeping him in line. Which is to say that they're not allowing any more harem expansion. Think of all the opportunist bitches that would swarm Issei for his fame, genes and power if he kept on chasing skirts.
All the rivaling noble families that would try to jump on the Seikryuutei-train by throwing their daughters at him, since that worked with Ravel.
Think of the sheer amount of children he'd have. I'm surprised they haven't castrated him yet.

Ise doesn't chase skirts, skirts chase him. :p

And if they castrated him they would also be unable to get intimate with him so... yeah, not happening.

Biohazardous
2015-09-18, 08:17
I'm not 100% sure that his own peerage will be apart of his harem. Maybe a few of them but I wouldn't be surprised if his peerage isn't all apart of his harem. I don't see it going to much beyond what it is currently. It is only smart to fully close the doors to additional members soon for the reasons stated above.

amtro
2015-09-18, 08:21
Ise doesn't chase skirts, skirts chase him. :p

And if they castrated him they would also be unable to get intimate with him so... yeah, not happening.

They have what they wanted. To replace him they can get big fat dildoes and name them "the sekiryuutei series". Solves that problem.

Chichiryuushintei
2015-09-18, 09:14
They have what they wanted. To replace him they can get big fat dildoes and name them "the sekiryuutei series". Solves that problem.
What they wanted was to live a happy life married to Ise. A castrated Ise isn't happy at all. Heck, he could actually commit suicide.

And for ypu to think they'd make him live a miserable life just because other people want to have sex with him it makes me think you know nothing about the series.

Biohazardous
2015-09-18, 09:29
They wants Ise how he is nothing less or more. The Ero SS proves it.

Ariel_Saeba
2015-09-18, 15:48
They wants Ise how he is nothing less or more. The Ero SS proves it.

I'm on the same ship for this one, with a few exceptions that brings out their character development (Ise still chasing skirts and panties, yeah, but his wives will discipline him in the most possible, non-emotional-harming way. A good example will be directing him to give his attention to the kids while they're giving him quotes of the day :heh:)

I'm scratching my head on this topic (I realize this has been already discussed, I just want to confirm): Loki's curse cast on future Asia.

We all here know that particular curse was strong enough that the children must go back in time to call Loki out to uncurse her. Because the Gods, even the Aesir, do not know how to cancel it after all, he is the only one who can, but it does not mean that it cannot be extracted by anyone other than him (YMMV on this, I think it was foreshadowed in BorN that the curse materialized in the form of cloud of darkness).

Would it be interesting if they can also find an alternative solution for the curse (or, let's say, complementary actions for it)? Other than a major plot point, I guess that Asia being cursed is a little downer for the overall narration (other than the Evil Gods, this means that they have a choice to come back in time just to curb-stomp Loki before hand-cuffing him, which I don't really mind at all :heh:)

MV5
2015-09-18, 17:32
I'm not 100% sure that his own peerage will be apart of his harem. Maybe a few of them but I wouldn't be surprised if his peerage isn't all apart of his harem. I don't see it going to much beyond what it is currently. It is only smart to fully close the doors to additional members soon for the reasons stated above.
I'd like to make the assumption that in a ironic twist, he ends up having more male members in his peerage than female members. Sounds like something Ishibumi would do.

Chichiryuushintei
2015-09-18, 17:45
Honestly, the sole fact Loki of all people created a curse noone can lift is bullshit. Sun Wukong was able to extract the Hatred of God from Vali that could weaken even Ophis. OPHIS. And I'm pretty sure the Christian God was a much bigger deal than Loki, considering his death was kept a secret so that other factions didn't try anything funny against Heaven.

MV5
2015-09-18, 17:53
Honestly, the sole fact Loki of all people created a curse noone can lift is bullshit. Sun Wukong was able to extract the Hatred of God from Vali that could weaken even Ophis. OPHIS. And I'm pretty sure the Christian God was a much bigger deal than Loki, considering his death was kept a secret so that other factions didn't try anything funny against Heaven.
I just want Loki to be finally dealt with and erased from the DxD existence completely. If that is one of the payoffs that happens in EX, I will take everything else in stride.

B214
2015-09-18, 18:37

Don't forget what Azazel said in V7, the Norse's magic system is much more advance compared to the Christian's one. So the curse might be completely on a different thing than the one Bible God.

Chichiryuushintei
2015-09-18, 19:42
I just want Loki to be finally dealt with and erased from the DxD existence completely. If that is one of the payoffs that happens in EX, I will take everything else in stride.
Considering that EX is so irrelevant to the actual plot you can just skip it, he already was erased from existence.
Don't forget what Azazel said in V7, the Norse's magic system is much more advance compared to the Christian's one. So the curse might be completely on a different thing than the one Bible God.
The Christian God was proficient enough at magic to seal one of the strongest beings in the entire series. Plus, remember that God is supposed to be merciful/generous and etc and etc, so his hatred must be at least equivalent to that. So much that he could harm another one of the strongest being in the story.

Loki was one-shotted and beaten to near death by a (fake) weapon of a God who's not nearly close to the Hindu gods, who in comparison are not close to the three main beings. If Norse magic was really that much above Christian's, the Norse Faction would shit on everyone else. They may be more advanced on the formula department (Aside from Ajuka of course) but never showed anything close to the level of what the God of the Bible or Samael did.

Weather
2015-09-18, 20:14
Considering that EX is so irrelevant to the actual plot you can just skip it, he already was erased from existence.

The Christian God was proficient enough at magic to seal one of the strongest beings in the entire series. Plus, remember that God is supposed to be merciful/generous and etc and etc, so his hatred must be at least equivalent to that. So much that he could harm another one of the strongest being in the story.

Loki was one-shotted and beaten to near death by a (fake) weapon of a God who's not nearly close to the Hindu gods, who in comparison are not close to the three main beings. If Norse magic was really that much above Christian's, the Norse Faction would shit on everyone else. They may be more advanced on the formula department (Aside from Ajuka of course) but never showed anything close to the level of what the God of the Bible or Samael did.

Actually Chichi THor is in the same tier as Indra.

Chichiryuushintei
2015-09-18, 20:21
Actually Chichi THor is in the same tier as Indra.

Where was that stated? Remember that the list given to us was in no particular order aside from Ophis and Shiva. And that just because he's (hypothetically) 7th doesn't mean he's close to the 6th place. Shiva is (most likely) 2nd and yet it was stated early on (in v4 I think) the difference between him and Ophis is absurd.

MV5
2015-09-18, 20:22

Nah, man. I need written evidence that he is done for. Maybe for the plot which Ishibumi told is not a requirement, but it ain't that simple to consider EX irrelevant from the totality of the series since the anime tied into it somewhat, the feedback from the fans over the changes on the anime from EX, and the numerous discussions that have come from it, not just from animesuki either.

Chichiryuushintei
2015-09-18, 20:27
Nah, man. I need written evidence that he is done for. Maybe for the plot which Ishibumi told is not a requirement, but it ain't that simple to consider EX irrelevant from the totality of the series since the anime tied into it somewhat, the feedback from the fans over the changes on the anime from EX, and the numerous discussions that have come from it, not just from animesuki either.

I said that because after v7 Loki wasn't even mentioned. Unless in a future arc he comes back he can be pretty much considered to be done for.

His actions in EX don't matter either. All he did was cast a curse on Asia (instead of someone like Ise or Sirzechs) and that'll obviously be solved by the end.

Biohazardous
2015-09-18, 20:33
I'd like to make the assumption that in a ironic twist, he ends up having more male members in his peerage than female members. Sounds like something Ishibumi would do.

Honestly wouldn't shock me. He has plenty of women already he doesn't need his peerage to contain them.

B214
2015-09-18, 22:03

Strength and technique are different, for starters magic works base on formulas not just solely on strength. Strada clearly proved that against Rossweisse, if you can cancel the formula even powerful spells becomes utterly useless. So if the formula for the curse that Loki came out with is something no one had seen before, then obviously it won't be easy to dispel.

Chichiryuushintei
2015-09-18, 22:16
Strength and technique are different, for starters magic works base on formulas not just solely on strength. Strada clearly proved that against Rossweisse, if you can cancel the formula even powerful spells becomes utterly useless. So if the formula for the curse that Loki came out with is something no one had seen before, then obviously it won't be easy to dispel.

If the formula is complicated enough it won't be easy to dispell, that's an obvious given, but the fact that LOKI, who's so retarded he actually left his opponents go away and prepare when he could have easily killed them, (and by what we saw from him in EX, he's still as dumb as ever since he didn't use that curse in any of the power houses of the factions but only in Asia) could create a formula that Rossweisse that was able to figure out a way to reseal Trihexa couldn't decipher is ludicrous.

Besides, he never showed any profiency at magic beyond spamming magical beams. So yeah, not buying that.

B214
2015-09-18, 22:20
If the formula is complicated enough it won't be easy to dispell, that's an obvious given, but the fact that LOKI, who's so retarded he actually left his opponents go away and prepare when he could have easily killed them, (and by what we saw from him in EX, he's still as dumb as ever since he didn't use that curse in any of the power houses of the factions but only in Asia) could create a formula that Rossweisse that was able to figure out a way to reseal Trihexa couldn't decipher is ludicrous.

Besides, he never showed any profiency at magic beyond spamming magical beams. So yeah, not buying that.

He transformed a giantess into a wolf for Fenrir to mate with you think he can do that without any proficiency. =__=
Plus what do you mean he did nothing beyond spamming magical beams.

Sensei and Barakiel-san each released a spear of light and holy-lightning at Loki with maximum output.
“Even without using Fenrir, just two mere fallen-angels won’t be able to stand a chance against me.”
A magic-circle with an equation I’ve never seen before becomes his shield which expands throughout the sky.
Sensei and Barakiel-san’s attack was easily blocked.
“-! Norse magic! If I remember, their magic is more advanced than the magic of our religion! Just to be expected from the World that has greater magic and sorcery than our World!”
Sensei says that with disgust.
The two fallen angel leaders attacked at the same time, but it didn’t work……!
So this is a God huh!
“Then I will use the same magic!”
BIIIIIIIIN!
Rossweisse-san activated many magic-circles which had the same equation as Loki’s magic-circle, and released many attacks from them randomly! It seems like it’s a full-burst attack!
It has a shocking power output! So Rossweisse-san is also quite a fighter! She is Odin the geezer’s bodyguard, so it wouldn’t be weird for her to have that much power.
Amazing. That person, is she talented at things like magic and sorcery?
BA BA BA BA BA BA BA BA BAAAAN!
Loki’s defence magic-circles are activated around his whole body to defend him, and it easily blocks Rossweisse-san’s attack!

Chichiryuushintei
2015-09-18, 22:28
He transformed a giantess into a wolf for Fenrir to mate with you think he can do that without any proficiency. =__=
Plus what do you mean he did nothing beyond spamming magical beams.
We have no idea how complicated transformation magic is. Sirzechs can do it and the only other thing he ever showed was PoD.

I said that because that's pretty much the only thing he does in the entire fight. He shoots magical power at Issei and Vali, and nothing else. I might be wrong though, it's been a couple years since I've read v7.

@EDIT: Defensive shields are really nothing special considering even Sona's peerage can make them (of course to a lesser extent since they aren't Gods, but still, they can do it. Loki is just much more powerful, so his are obviously stronger.)

B214
2015-09-18, 23:35
We have no idea how complicated transformation magic is. Sirzechs can do it and the only other thing he ever showed was PoD.

I said that because that's pretty much the only thing he does in the entire fight. He shoots magical power at Issei and Vali, and nothing else. I might be wrong though, it's been a couple years since I've read v7.

@EDIT: Defensive shields are really nothing special considering even Sona's peerage can make them (of course to a lesser extent since they aren't Gods, but still, they can do it. Loki is just much more powerful, so his are obviously stronger.)

Difference, Sirzechs transformed himself not others. Devils are known to be able to change their own looks.

Chichiryuushintei
2015-09-19, 08:34
Difference, Sirzechs transformed himself not others. Devils are known to be able to change their own looks.

Again, it was never said how complicated it is. All it's said is that he did it.

And my point is that Loki is an utter retard, so it makes no sense he could think of a formula that no one could decipher. Specially when Azazel created an UFO beam that mixes Devil, Fallen Angel, and Norse magic for kicks and giggles and he still could solve it.

B214
2015-09-19, 09:15
Again, it was never said how complicated it is. All it's said is that he did it.

And my point is that Loki is an utter retard, so it makes no sense he could think of a formula that no one could decipher. Specially when Azazel created an UFO beam that mixes Devil, Fallen Angel, and Norse magic for kicks and giggles and he still could solve it.

He didn't solve it and he wasn't even sure if he could solve it.

And why are you so against Loki being able to curse Asia and no one being able to undo it? Ishibumi merely used what he written in the plot Norse Magic system >> Christian religion. Plus you think Loki a God can be so useless in magic. Regardless of what he did, he's still a God, underestimate him and you'll suffer. He still took a direct attack from Durandal and remain unscathed.

sevenshunter
2015-09-19, 09:18
IMO curse be more like from feeling rather than magic,
just saying that he got defeated by issei and knockoff mjolnir with help of chichigami :heh:
imagine how humiliating for him and that make the curse stronger

Chichiryuushintei
2015-09-19, 10:06
IMO curse be more like from feeling rather than magic,
just saying that he got defeated by issei and knockoff mjolnir with help of chichigami :heh:
imagine how humiliating for him and that make the curse stronger

If it was really a curse made from a grudge like the one in BorN, you can bet Ise's love for Asia would have overridden it by now. You know, like the one in BorN.

sevenshunter
2015-09-19, 10:16
If it was really a curse made from a grudge like the one in BorN, you can bet Ise's love for Asia would have overridden it by now. You know, like the one in BorN.

arent curse made from violent emotions/negative feeling?
from what i read from internet most of curse born ecause of that,
i didnt watch born yet so i dont know abaout issei love to asia

Chichiryuushintei
2015-09-19, 10:20
arent curse made from violent emotions/negative feeling?
from what i read from internet most of curse born ecause of that,
i didnt watch born yet so i dont know abaout issei love to asia

Normally, yes, they are born from grudges, but since Ise was able to override a curse from Loki that brainwashed Rias, it's really stupid that he can't do the same again.

sevenshunter
2015-09-19, 10:37
Normally, yes, they are born from grudges, but since Ise was able to override a curse from Loki that brainwashed Rias, it's really stupid that he can't do the same again.

well then, i guess different work of curse in born and EX
how loki got defeated is different too

The 48th Ronin
2015-09-19, 20:34
And my point is that Loki is an utter retard

He's a trickster god, of course he's acting like a retard on purpose.

Chichiryuushintei
2015-09-19, 22:47
He's a trickster god, of course he's acting like a retard on purpose.

That alone is being stupid when it causes your defeat.

The 48th Ronin
2015-09-19, 23:25
That alone is being stupid when it causes your defeat.

Loki probably has a different definition for victory and defeat.

Chichiryuushintei
2015-09-19, 23:34
Loki probably has a different definition for victory and defeat.

He didn't accomplish anything significant. Nothing. Everyone in the ORC has probably forgotten he exists because of how irrelevant he is. How is that a win?

The 48th Ronin
2015-09-20, 02:22
He didn't accomplish anything significant. Nothing. Everyone in the ORC has probably forgotten he exists because of how irrelevant he is.

Loki, didn't win during his arc, yes. The ORC kicked his ass, but their failure to take him out permanently is a mistake that's now biting their collective asses. Pretty much one of the major themes for this sidestory.

Chichiryuushintei
2015-09-20, 07:16
Loki, didn't win during his arc, yes. The ORC kicked his ass, but their failure to take him out permanently is a mistake that's now biting their collective asses. Pretty much one of the major themes for this sidestory.

They didn't fail to take him out permanenrly, the higher ups just decided not to kill him, but to seal him instead.

And how is he coming back to bite their asses? By cursing one of them, which is obviously going to be undone by the end of this? In a side-tory so irrelevant the author said you don't even need to read it? Wow, great revenge there, bro.

LowCholesterol
2015-09-20, 07:23

even the evil-god Loki is still a god, killing him would cause imbalance in their myth.

Biohazardous
2015-09-20, 09:34
What Low said. It could also cause others to stand up against them thinking they will just kill anyone they please without thought of the repercussions of that persons death.

Pierre
2015-09-23, 23:41
The thing is, if the anime follows the rule of always selling less than the previous season (which happens to the vast majority of seasonal anime) I don't think there'll be enough profit for a Season 5. But I said it's unlikely not impossible. If you like having hope for this kind of stuff, go ahead, miracles happen and stuff.

But yeah, if there's a Season 5 it will (read it as "should") be the last one for sure.

Those are the things that need an explanation the most. How in the fuck those people (who, by the way, according to the summary are as strong a Chief Gods, therefore not even a joke to Great Red) got past GR and how Loki was able to even touch Asia before Fafnir tore him to shreds?

DxD has never actually done massive sales during any season, if anything its always been fairly constant in the 5-7 range, and they keep making more, so I don't really see it ending at anytime soon especially at season five, considering that would be the adaption of arguably one of the strongest parts of the LN.

Considering each season is only 13 episodes, usually does pretty well, and the light novel is still doing well I could see a new season every other year for a while.

Chichiryuushintei
2015-09-24, 08:31
Even now the anime sales are quite good. I'd even say they're great. But each season, especially when there's a long time of wait in-between, will sell less than the previous in most of the cases. If the sales keep like they are now, yeah, we'll keep getting more seasons, but if they drop like it's the norm, then we won't.

Biohazardous
2015-09-24, 08:58
They have the material for plenty more yes and they would need to keep the break short to help keep sales up. The thing is after season 5 it will be hard to animate and have a good ending point. They might have to go to 2-cour or take liberties we won't like. We already hated how they did that in season 3.

amtro
2015-09-24, 09:23
obligatory "see, this is why I hate series that set their ending in stone publicly before the thing even begins cooking. It eliminates any and all sense of tension and makes its readers set themselves on their fellow readers' throats."

The ending is not set in stone. All we know is that there will be no children in the ending itself, those will come many years after. Some time later Azazel will die and 3 of the current Maous will retire. Aside from that it's implied that there will be a major reform in the upper ranks of high class devils, with Diehauser becoming a Maou.

Pierre
2015-09-25, 00:03
They have the material for plenty more yes and they would need to keep the break short to help keep sales up. The thing is after season 5 it will be hard to animate and have a good ending point. They might have to go to 2-cour or take liberties we won't like. We already hated how they did that in season 3.

But you also have to take into account that a show is advertising for the light novel as well. In those scenarios where the light novel does well even mediocre sales don't matter and they can make more anime.

DxD is a case where both the sales are good and the light novel sells well. So its not walking the same tight rope that other shows do, who have poor sales and the light novel or manga is not improving in sales and ending. For DxD sales are not as critical as say something that is anime original or a work that has ended.

Then again you have Mahouka where both sales are great and no anime, so sometimes its so random there is no way to gauge it. Only time will tell.

DragonOsman
2015-09-26, 12:42
@Chichi: It's true that Asia should have a kid as well, I agree with you on that, plus I also think it'd suck if she turns out to not have a kid even after EX has ended (not even a mention whatsoever). But I disagree with you on EX being mainly about Ise's kids. I think that the war against the Evil Gods from the world and their underlings (those bio-robotic lifeforms and the ULs), is also important. The main point of EX is probably to let us know about that and Ise's kids, as well as other changes that will be come up in 30 years' time. And it's also to tell us that the stuff wrong with the future might be fixed.

Chichiryuushintei
2015-09-26, 14:15
@Chichi: It's true that Asia should have a kid as well, I agree with you on that, plus I also think it'd suck if she turns out to not have a kid even after EX has ended (not even a mention whatsoever). But I disagree with you on EX being mainly about Ise's kids. I think that the war against the Evil Gods from the world and their underlings (those bio-robotic lifeforms and the ULs), is also important. The main point of EX is probably to let us know about that and Ise's kids, as well as other changes that will be come up in 30 years' time. And it's also to tell us that the stuff wrong with the future might be fixed.

It's hard to consider those guys important when they just appeared for this. Like Loki being the most unimportant and irrelevant villain of the series and Yaegaki being the worst... anything, of the series.

At least the kids are related to characters I know and care about.

Well, at least one of them is a Cyborg-Dragon-thing. That's kinda cool.

Again, it's time travel in an ecchi/battle shonen series. Everything WILL be fixed.

B214
2015-09-26, 19:55
Like Loki being the most unimportant and irrelevant villain of the series

Loki was sacrificed to the plot for the purpose of adding Rose to the team after all. But at least he had a purpose in aiding to the addition of Rose unlike Yaegaki..

Chichiryuushintei
2015-09-26, 22:56
Loki was sacrificed to the plot for the purpose of adding Rose to the team after all. But at least he had a purpose in aiding to the addition of Rose unlike Yaegaki..

He technically wasn't a villain, there was that "clever" twist of him being actually a tragic anti-hero in search of revenge bull crap.

DragonOsman
2015-09-27, 09:15
Yeah, we can't call Yaegaki a villain.

And Loki may have kind of irrelevant other than adding Rose to the good guys' team, but the war in the future is still important. One of the main reasons that the kids came back from the future was to prevent the war from happening.

Chichiryuushintei
2015-09-27, 11:48
Yeah, we can't call Yaegaki a villain.

And Loki may have kind of irrelevant other than adding Rose to the good guys' team, but the war in the future is still important. One of the main reasons that the kids came back from the future was to prevent the war from happening.

That's the point. It'll all return to square one. It'll be the same as if he never did anything at all.

DragonOsman
2015-09-27, 14:11
But the fact that the kids came from the future to prevent the war does make it important. Do remember that we don't really even need to read EX. We can continue the main story without having to worry about EX at all. So if EX itself doesn't matter, why does its main plot-point have to matter? It doesn't. And that main plot-points are the war and Asia's curse, and the fact that the kids want to prevent them from happening. Once those things have been fixed, EX will seem like it never happened. Hence us not having to worry about it.

Chichiryuushintei
2015-09-27, 16:44
But the fact that the kids came from the future to prevent the war does make it important. Do remember that we don't really even need to read EX. We can continue the main story without having to worry about EX at all. So if EX itself doesn't matter, why does its main plot-point have to matter? It doesn't. And that main plot-points are the war and Asia's curse, and the fact that the kids want to prevent them from happening. Once those things have been fixed, EX will seem like it never happened. Hence us not having to worry about it.
... But that's what I said. :eyespin:

DragonOsman
2015-09-27, 17:46
You're making it seem like the kids are the only main plot point. That's what I'm disagreeing with here.

Chichiryuushintei
2015-09-27, 18:37
You're making it seem like the kids are the only main plot point. That's what I'm disagreeing with here.

That's because they are. The main plot of EX is the kids coming to the present and doing their thing. None of the enemies did anything remotely interesting. They just seems to be evil for the sake of being evil. And Ishibumi is clearly focusing on developing the kids and not the villains so they will just be a handful of Lokis 2.0 by the end of this.

And before anyone says he still can do it in the last 4 parts, one single volume isn't enough to develop a character decently. Yaegaki and Loki are proof of this.

DragonOsman
2015-09-27, 18:50
We still don't have all of EX yet, and also, what Jopjopjop is giving us, while quite descriptive (thankfully), are still just summaries. Maybe the enemies in future parts of EX will do more interesting things, who knows? And besides, even if they don't do anything interesting, at least they're actual villains that truly mean harm to the good guys and are at all-out war against them in the future, unlike Strada and Cristaldi in Volume 19 who were only "rebelling" against the Church just to help the Alliance of the Three Great Powers and give them advice and other useful stuff and whatnot.

Chichiryuushintei
2015-09-27, 21:35
We still don't have all of EX yet, and also, what Jopjopjop is giving us, while quite descriptive (thankfully), are still just summaries. Maybe the enemies in future parts of EX will do more interesting things, who knows? And besides, even if they don't do anything interesting, at least they're actual villains that truly mean harm to the good guys and are at all-out war against them in the future, unlike Strada and Cristaldi in Volume 19 who were only "rebelling" against the Church just to help the Alliance of the Three Great Powers and give them advice and other useful stuff and whatnot.

Do you know who else was an actual villain that meant harm to the good guys? Loki and Shalba. And they were crap.

Did you read the part where I said that a character can't be properly developed in a single volume?

amtro
2015-10-25, 17:24
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CSMjOtNUAAAPVIW.png

aw454wtr
2015-10-27, 04:51
Do you know who else was an actual villain that meant harm to the good guys? Loki and Shalba. And they were crap.

Did you read the part where I said that a character can't be properly developed in a single volume?

I think the only villian who legitimately managed to kill any of the protagonists was raynare, shalba came close in vol 11, he managed to destroy ise's body but could not get to his soul

DragonOsman
2015-10-27, 10:59
Raynare's "kills" didn't really count, either. She killed Ise when he was just a normal human, after which Rias made him into her Servant Devil by reincarnating him. Then she killed Asia, but she was also revived by reincarnating into a Devil like Ise. And IIRC, those were her only kills.

Bigmac
2015-10-27, 13:07
I disagree. Issei has been killed twice, once by Raynare and once by Shalba. Just because his soul survived and was reincarnated doesn't mean he wasn't killed.

DragonOsman
2015-10-27, 13:10
He only died once, after which he was reincarnated into a Devil. The second time, he didn't really die. The soul has to pass on if you die, and Ise's soul hadn't passed on when he was "killed" by Shalba. His body was destroyed, but his soul was tied to his armor and he seemed to still be alive - Ddraig saved him.

Direwolf18
2015-10-27, 17:07
All legal and medical definitions of dead would indicate that Isse died in the fight vs Shalba. Yes I know he got better, but at some point the argument becomes an academic/philosophical one that could be argued either way without either side ever winning.

DragonOsman
2015-10-27, 17:20
Eh, but, really, when his soul was put inside the Boosted Gear Scale Mail armor, didn't he seem to be alive other than the part where his soul wasn't inside his body? If you look it like that, was he really dead?

Direwolf18
2015-10-27, 17:30
Again it goes back to the philosophical questions. If I were to go to a medical doctor and say, "my friends body just disintegrated, is he still alive" they would look at me as if I had 5 heads.

DragonOsman
2015-10-27, 17:51
Yes, but he was able to think and talk just fine when he was a soul inside a suit of armor, wasn't he? Would you call that being dead? That's all I'm saying.

DragonKing0117
2015-10-27, 20:15
Yes, but he was able to think and talk just fine when he was a soul inside a suit of armor, wasn't he? Would you call that being dead? That's all I'm saying.

It's more like a ghost possessing a suit of armor.

DragonOsman
2015-10-27, 22:37
Have you guys read Fullmetal Alchemist? Think Alphonse Elric.

B214
2015-10-27, 22:59
Have you guys read Fullmetal Alchemist? Think Alphonse Elric.

Except Alphonse's body is still intact while Ise's body is completely destroyed.

Bigmac
2015-10-28, 02:26
He died twice. Without intervention he would be dead for good. Soul or no soul he died twice. Fuck Fullmetal Alchemist this is DxD. Ddraig wouldn't cry if Issei wasn't brown bread. It was only after when they could save him by transferring his soul to a created body that he came back to life.

Chichiryuushintei
2015-10-28, 05:08
Fuck Fullmetal Alchemist.

Oh no, you didn't. Seriously? Osman was just using an analogy, no need to bash one of the best battle shonens because of that. He is wrong since it was stated by Ise himself that he died twice and even joked about maybe dying a third time, but still, nobody bashes FMA. No. Body.

Weather
2015-10-28, 06:12
Oh no, you didn't. Seriously? Osman was just using an analogy, no need to bash one of the best battle shonens because of that. He is wrong since it was stated by Ise himself that he died twice and even joked about maybe dying a third time, but still, nobody bashes FMA. No. Body.

I see what u did thar.

Chichiryuushintei
2015-10-28, 07:12
I see what u did thar.

... I actually didn't notice until you pointed it out. lol

DragonOsman
2015-10-28, 07:22
. . . Really? You unintentionally made a joke? That's nice.

@Chichi: Yeah, man, I agree with you on Fullmetal Alchemist. No one bashes it.
And yeah, okay, you got me there. If Ise himself said he died twice, there's nothing more anyone can say, is there?

Biohazardous
2015-10-28, 08:12
I would say he was dead. We only knew he wasn't cus of the reader knowledge type thing. Also look no further than the Gremory clan. They wouldnt have been like they were if they didnt think he was dead.

DragonOsman
2015-10-28, 08:41
You make a good point about reader knowledge. But yeah, everyone in the Gremory Group did think he died. They only got hope and stood up when they saw that Ise's Pawn Pieces were moving around giving them power and objects to fight with, like how Ise gave Kiba Ascalon through one of his Pawn Pieces.

Ariel_Saeba
2015-10-28, 10:05
Any news for the third part?

amtro
2015-10-28, 10:54
None. Take your discussion to the right thread guys.

ukulelembo
2015-10-28, 12:42
Time of first rumors finally arrived!

So apparently Issei conceived at least 10 children. Current known list include:
(In order how they were born)

Himejima Kurenai - 18 years old. Son of Issei and Akeno.
Hyoudou Airi - 18 years old. Daughter of Issei and Asia.
Zen Quarta - 17 years old. Son of Issei and Xenovia.
Shidou Shin - 17 years old. Son of Issei and Irina.
Ix Gremory - 15-16 years old. Son of Issei and Rias.
Shirayuki - 12-13 years old. Daughter of Issei and Koneko.
Kurobara - 12-13 years old. Daughter of Issei and Kuroka.

Beside them there is at least three more children. One of them is 17 years old and was born between Shin and Ix. Rest of details about them is currently unknown.

Chichiryuushintei
2015-10-28, 13:16

Beside them there is at least three more children. One of them is 17 years old and was born between Shin and Ix. Rest of details about them is currently unknown.
Am I the only one who thinks Kurobara is a boy's name? But whatever, I'm just happy to know that Ise and Asia had a child. Airi is a cute name also.

amtro
2015-10-28, 13:27
10 children.. I do not envy them at all. Issei's already extremely limited time has to be divided between all 10 of them and the wives. Here's to hoping Rias had two children, at least that way she can stand out a bit.

Chris38
2015-10-28, 13:29

Considering that list ... am I the only one who has the impression that Akeno ( or Asia) managed to successfully steal Ise's virginity from Rias :twitch: :uhoh: considering the fact that their son / daugther that they had with Ise ... are the oldest ones from the group ? ;)

Of course ... this is based on the assumption that the remaining three children of Ise don't have a son / daughter whose mother is Rias and is older then Kurenai / Airi ... but based upon the current information we have ... I think that this list contains such ... implication.

If my assumption is actually going to be revealed to be true ... I wonder how Rias reacted ... to the revelation that she wasn't Ise's 'first' :heh::)

Chichiryuushintei
2015-10-28, 13:37
Considering that list ... am I the only one who has the impression that Akeno ( or Asia) managed to successfully steal Ise's virginity from Rias :twitch: :uhoh: considering the fact that their son / daugther that they had with Ise ... are the oldest ones from the group ? ;)

Of course ... this is based on the assumption that the remaining three children of Ise don't have a son / daughter whose mother is Rias and is older then Kurenai / Airi ... but based upon the current information we have ... I think that this list contains such ... implication.

If my assumption is actually going to be revealed to be true ... I wonder how Rias reacted ... to the revelation that she wasn't Ise's 'first' :heh::)

Nah, they will all be born over a decade from now. I doubt Ise'd stay a virgin for that long. Though it is possible, *looks at the editors without even trying to hide my contempt* I find it unlikely.

But I agree with amtro. 10 children... God, if it was me I'd have killed some people to release the stress by then. :heh:

amtro
2015-10-28, 14:05
At least one of the mothers had 2 children with Issei. Assuming everyone gets at least one that leaves Ross and Ravel left. Ravel is a sure thing, though Ross might not be as fortunate(?). Then we have the last one that is unknown.

dark44
2015-10-28, 14:22
At least one of the mothers had 2 children with Issei. Assuming everyone gets at least one that leaves Ross and Ravel left. Ravel is a sure thing, though Ross might not be as fortunate(?). Then we have the last one that is unknown.

if Kuroka have one why not Ross and what about the magicain girl too

ukulelembo
2015-10-28, 14:45
Few more bits:
- Airi looks exacly like Asia, but has Issei's personality (apparently is also out of all kids is most similar to Issei).
- Her name is acronym for Asia-Issey-Rias.
- Issei and Rias arived at place where is Azazel and kids. After staring at each other for while, kids started panically trying cover their faces.
- Possibly adult Gasper will appear in next chapter.

Poodicus
2015-10-28, 15:01

Nah, they will all be born over a decade from now. I doubt Ise'd stay a virgin for that long. Though it is possible, *looks at the editors without even trying to hide my contempt* I find it unlikely.

Not to get all sciencety here, but at best, getting pregnant on the first time is a good 2-3% tops. That means basically that all the stars need to be aligned, and the woman is ovulating like crazy, and blah blah blah-

In other words, Issei and the girls did lots of fucking in order to get those kids, especially because devils.

if Kuroka have one why not Ross and what about the magicain girl too

Le Fay currently is more on the level of 'fangirl' than actual harem candidate, though how that can change over time we might never know.

DragonOsman
2015-10-28, 15:10
@Amtro (about the number of kids): Well, there are three more kids other than these ten. One of them could be Rias' second kid, if she and Ise did have two (but given the Pureblood Devils' difficulty in childbirth and their low birthrates, I kind of doubt that she could have had more than one kid easily).

But yeah, you're right. 13 kids. Given the limited time he has with his wife and kids, it's going to be tough with that many children. Life for Ise seems to be hard in the future. Poor guy.

Edit: Some posts late.
@Chris: Do you not know that Pureblood Devils have really low birthrates? Rias is a Pureblood Devil, so even if Ise did have sex with her first, her kid may not have been from the first time given the difficulty to impregnate a Pureblood Devil woman. Understand?

amtro
2015-10-28, 15:44
@Amtro (about the number of kids): Well, there are three more kids other than these ten. One of them could be Rias' second kid, if she and Ise did have two (but given the Pureblood Devils' difficulty in childbirth and their low birthrates, I kind of doubt that she could have had more than one kid easily).

But yeah, you're right. 13 kids. Given the limited time he has with his wife and kids, it's going to be tough with that many children. Life for Ise seems to be hard in the future. Poor guy.

Edit: Some posts late.
@Chris: Do you not know that Pureblood Devils have really low birthrates? Rias is a Pureblood Devil, so even if Ise did have sex with her first, her kid may not have been from the first time given the difficulty to impregnate a Pureblood Devil woman. Understand?

10 kids.
Kurenai Himejima
Zen Quarta
Shin Shidou
Ix Gremory
Shirayuki
Kurobara
Airi Hyodou

These 7 and 3 more.

Chichiryuushintei
2015-10-28, 15:54
Few more bits:
- Airi looks exacly like Asia, but has Issei's personality (apparently is also out of all kids is most similar to Issei).
- Issei and Rias arived at place where is Azazel and kids. After staring at each other for while, kids started panically trying cover their faces.
Finally some time travel shenanigans. Was getting tired of so much seriousness in the other parts.

Wow. Airi seems to be pretty much the embodiment of all I wanted in this.

I just hope Gasper being scary turns out to be in a comedic way. He really doesn't strike me as an intimidating person.

I can actually see myself enjoying this one. As long as it focus more on characters interactions and not the villains.

DragonOsman
2015-10-28, 16:38
@Amtro: Ah, my bad. I guess I got careless and didn't count. Sorry. Thanks, though.

@Chichi: I agree. Although, of course, I'm not sure about a girl being as perverted as Ise. Could be troublesome (talking about Airi here, the daughter with the same personality as her father).

Speaking of character interactions, it seems like Ise and Rias end up seeing the kids. I wonder if they'll try to hide the fact that they're Ise's kids. The smart thing to do would be to hide it, right?

Hokoga
2015-10-28, 17:25
I just knew Asia's kid was going to take Issei's family name which is great, also I can't wait to find out more about her.
I just hope Gasper being scary turns out to be in a comedic way. He really doesn't strike me as an intimidating person.Maybe he's scary in a Mil-tan type of way.

Biohazardous
2015-10-28, 20:03
Don't forget that said he has full control of time. That can be pretty scary. He can stop top and do all kinds of things even in fun.

Example: Someone goes to kitchen to get something. Stop time take what ever it is when they are half way back away. Unfreeze they go back to room thinking I know I just got me some tea. Do that enough and it makes people think they are crazy. Thats just a innocent mostly harmless example which is enough to make people uneasy.

DragonOsman
2015-10-28, 20:06
There's that, yes, but he could have developed a scary personality, too (hopefully scary in a fun way, like stated before).

@Hokoga: . . . That would be hell. So no, please.

Hk1117
2015-10-28, 20:12
Few more bits:

ayy lmao. Now that the sole reason I didn't want asia to have a kid is crushed, I look forward to this next chapter.

DragonOsman
2015-10-28, 20:20
And what exactly was that sole reason, pray tell? But yeah, I'm also looking forward to it.

Hk1117
2015-10-28, 20:45
And what exactly was that sole reason, pray tell? But yeah, I'm also looking forward to it.

the reason was the possibility that the kid would be the same annoying POS that asia is.

Chris38
2015-10-28, 22:19

Yeah, I'm aware of that ... but there is always a possibility that Ise has managed to overcome that difficulty with his unique body structure...

After all ... I doubt that any Pureblood Devil ( before Rias ... and Ravel ) ... was trying to make children with someone who is related to Great Red and Ophis... so there might be a few things different from 'normal' after having a very ' intimate contact' with Ise... :D

Hk1117
2015-10-28, 22:23
Yeah, I'm aware of that ... but there is always a possibility that Ise has managed to overcome that difficulty with his unique body structure...

After all ... I doubt that any Pureblood Devil ( before Rias ... and Ravel ) ... was trying to make children with someone who is related to Great Red and Ophis... so there might be a few things different from 'normal' after having a very ' intimate contact' with Ise... :D

Ise's biological superiority notwithstanding, the burden of child-bearing is entirely on the mother, physically speaking. Ise might as well be a god, but unless the biology of pure-blood devils changed overnight, there is still little chance for them to conceive in one go.

The 48th Ronin
2015-10-28, 23:20
Am I the only one who imagines Adult!Gasper as a hot bishounen?

Chichiryuushintei
2015-10-29, 03:21
Am I the only one who imagines Adult!Gasper as a hot bishounen?

I always pictured him to look like one of those enemy female spies in spy movies that the protag bangs. :p

Direwolf18
2015-10-29, 07:45
Is it cause of he female biology that there is such a low birth rate? Or is it cause of male infertility. For all we know male Devils for all their super powers have incredibly weak sperm. Or it could be that as part of the process of being semi immortal the devil women only ovulate every year or so instead of on a monthly basis.

Or it could be a combination of the two. Long story short we just don't know.although a question worth asking is would human fertility treatments have any affect. Or could a devil version be developed.

DragonOsman
2015-10-29, 08:10
^Well, yeah, it could be any of those possibilities, but as of right now, all we do know is that pureblood Devils have a low birthrate. If it's due to male infertility, even in part, then it could slightly boost up the chances of Rias and Ravel getting pregnant earlier/more easily. But yeah, if the Devil women do ovulate on a yearly basis rather than a monthly basis, then it'll be hard even if there's no male infertility involved.

@Chris: Yeah, as has been said, the burden of childbirth is still on the mother, so it doesn't matter if the father is a Heavenly Dragon or a Dragon God.

Ariel_Saeba
2015-10-29, 16:56

Few more bits:
-Airi looks exacly like Asia, but has Issei's personality (apparently is also out of all kids is most similar to Issei).
- Her name is acronym for Asia-Issei-Rias.
- Issei and Rias arived at place where Azazel and kids are. After staring at each other for while, kids started panically trying to cover their faces.

Many posts late:
Hell yeah. (no pun and offense intended)

With that much of children, even an ascended Heavenly Dragon like Issei will blow his head off (well, his business as Sekiryuutei already choked his schedule). This makes Ravel's time management more significant and why Vali and Kiba's involvement in their care makes more sense, I think.

Ah, the problems of time traveling. I just hope that it will not create a major paradox to the story later on (unless of course, the paradox is needed to fix the timeline).

Yeah, I agree for Gasper being not as scary as we may think of, but more like a cute-looking scary or even cool-looking scary like Sirzechs, I think (whether this is the effect of having Valerie now or the influence of Gasper Balor is still unknown, but at least he need to act a bit manly) :D.

In Ravel's case, AFAIK there's a little question if she ends with Issei or not, but I think she is not as constrained in giving birth as Rias does (remember that we have four Phoenix siblings, which is considered many by Pure-blooded Devil standard), which will not come as a surprise if her child with Issei was born earlier than Rias (I suspect the unspecified 17 year old as one). If not so, let me just say that Ravel is not as lucky as Rias goes.

As for Airi, imagining a pure-looking blonde bishoujo being a sukebe... just ROTFL.

amtro
2015-10-30, 07:06
Package arrived early. I'm going to pick it up at the dhl main office in my area now. Jop, Gary, 3-5 hours till raws.

Hk1117
2015-10-30, 07:11
Package arrived early. I'm going to pick it up at the dhl main office in my area now. Jop, Gary, 3-5 hours till raws.

hooray, moar summaries!

Amtro, can I get in on those raws? I've only just begun learning Jap tho.

Biohazardous
2015-10-30, 08:11
Ty Amtro for the sharing. Also Thank you Jop and Gary for translating and giving us summaries. :D

amtro
2015-10-30, 10:20
I went to a lot of trouble locating the office, getting there and finding my way back home again. I walked through bushes and forests, got lost, found my way and then got lost again, although somehow I made it. It was almost an adventure. That's the most physical activity I've had in months, but thanks to that I'm now amped up as hell. Raws in 1 hour tops.

DragonOsman
2015-10-30, 10:32
I'm looking forward to reading the summaries. Can't wait.

@Ariel: Well, I'm not sure if Ravel would have an easier time giving birth early. What you said about the Phenex children being four siblings does make it kind of likely, but still. I agree with you on pretty much everything else, though.

Perentie Fan
2015-10-30, 20:32
What you said about the Phenex children being four siblings does make it kind of likely, but still.
Indeed, four siblings doesn't equal the mother/father having a higher fertility rate unless we know just how often and how long they had to try to get those four children.

Take Sirzechs and Rias. As I understand it they were born around a hundred years apart. So four children from Lady Phenex may not be unusual if they've been trying for centuries.

Regardless I am going to assume ten kids from Issei in the amount of time that passes could only have been accomplished with at least weekly orgies with all the wives for perhaps months or years. It was perhaps made possible too by just how pent-up everyone must have been when they finally got free of the publisher's rule against them having sex.;)

Chichiryuushintei
2015-10-30, 20:39
Indeed, four siblings doesn't equal the mother/father having a higher fertility rate unless we know just how often and how long they had to try to get those four children.

Take Sirzechs and Rias. As I understand it they were born around a hundred years apart. So four children from Lady Phenex may not be unusual if they've been trying for centuries.

Regardless I am going to assume ten kids from Issei in the amount of time that passes could only have been accomplished with at least weekly orgies with all the wives for perhaps months or years. It was perhaps made possible too by just how pent-up everyone must have been when they finally got free of the publisher's rule against them having sex.;)

The main difference is that Ise had 10 children with 10 (well, up to now at least) different women. Venelana and Lady Phenex seems to be the only ones with children in their respective households.

Perentie Fan
2015-10-30, 21:29
The main difference is that Ise had 10 children with 10 (well, up to now at least) different women. Venelana and Lady Phenex seems to be the only ones with children in their respective households.
Yes, but even having a single child should be difficult for a devil, hence my post. I recall reading there is even a scene in one of the novels of Xenovia trying to figure out just how often she and Issei would have to have sex to increase her chances of conceiving.

I don't think its a matter of weak sperm or not either, devils just naturally have very low birthrates to compensate for long lifespans.

Chichiryuushintei
2015-10-30, 21:48
Yes, but even having a single child should be difficult for a devil, hence my post. I recall reading there is even a scene in one of the novels of Xenovia trying to figure out just how often she and Issei would have to have sex to increase her chances of conceiving.

I don't think its a matter of weak sperm or not either, devils just naturally have very low birthrates to compensate for long lifespans.
I'm on the "Devil women ovulate far less often then humans" theory camp.

DragonOsman
2015-10-31, 00:37
At this point, it really may or may not be what you're saying it is, Chichi. But yeah, your theory does seem likely to be true, indeed. It doesn't exactly go against the point of them having extremely low birth rates, either. The reason could be just about any reasonable thing, though.

But if even Xenovia was worried about it, wouldn't that mean all Devils have birth rates, not just pureblood ones? I doubt Ise would choose to give virginity to a woman other than Rias, though, so Akeno's and Xenovia's kid being born before hers must mean it's something limited to only pureblood Devils.

The 48th Ronin
2015-10-31, 00:38
One thing is certain. Ise really enjoyed trying to make babies. :heh:

DragonOsman
2015-10-31, 00:43
Well, that's natural. He has multiple woman to do it with, and plus he's a huge pervert who probably had a huge sex drive, anyway.

cyberdemon
2015-10-31, 00:49
Not to get all sciencety here, but at best, getting pregnant on the first time is a good 2-3% tops. That means basically that all the stars need to be aligned, and the woman is ovulating like crazy, and blah blah blah-

In other words, Issei and the girls did lots of fucking in order to get those kids, especially because devils.

Le Fay currently is more on the level of 'fangirl' than actual harem candidate, though how that can change over time we might never know.

also have to consider that the base for most of the girls are human so they might ovulate faster than Rias who is a full blooded devil.

Few more bits:

Willing to bet that perhaps Airi spent a little too much time with that evil glasses woman Kiryuu lol

DragonOsman
2015-10-31, 01:01
I agree about Rias. And your point about Kiryuu's influence on Airi also sounds likely; although, Ise's influence could also have done the trick. And as Ise has said before, Akeno and Rias are bad influences too, to Koneko for example.

cyberdemon
2015-10-31, 01:09
I'd like for 1 of the three remaining kids to be one from Ise's peerage. Perhaps someone not introduced yet in order to give us an idea of what is peerage is turning out to be.

DragonOsman
2015-10-31, 01:49
They're all his own children. Adding your children to your Peerage, by itself, isn't rare or strange, since Lady Phenex also did it (Ravel - even though she's currently a free Bishop despite having been traded to her mother), but I'm not sure if Ise would want to do it.

Also, like previously stated on here, it seems like one of Ise's women gave birth to more than one child. If you count, the number of women seems to be less than 10, right? Unless Kunou and maybe one other woman was also included (Yasaka, maybe? that'd be hot). But if it's 9, then one of them must have had two children. I wonder who.

cyberdemon
2015-10-31, 02:18
They're all his own children. Adding your children to your Peerage, by itself, isn't rare or strange, since Lady Phenex also did it (Ravel - even though she's currently a free Bishop despite having been traded to her mother), but I'm not sure if Ise would want to do it.

Also, like previously stated on here, it seems like one of Ise's women gave birth to more than one child. If you count, the number of women seems to be less than 10, right? Unless Kunou and maybe one other woman was also included (Yasaka, maybe? that'd be hot). But if it's 9, then one of them must have had two children. I wonder who.

Not what I meant. I meant one of the 3 is the child from ones of the girls Ise has in his peerage. something to give an idea of what type of girls his future peerage would be made of.

Maybe Rias had twins. Ix and a twin brother or sister. Since she didn't get to have the first child, getting to have more children would probably make her feel better about it lol.

DragonOsman
2015-10-31, 05:42
Oh, so that's what you meant. My bad for misunderstanding, then. Sorry about that.

Yeah. But if the second kid is hers, which would be preferable, then I don't really think they need to be twins. Even if the second kid was born from the second attempt with her, it'd still serve the purpose of making her feel better in this case, no?

amtro
2015-10-31, 06:41
I forwarded the raws when I said I would, an hour after the post was made. Give or take a few mins. I cannot tell if they ever reached their destination because sent posts aren't automatically archived. Just so that is out of the way.

Perentie Fan
2015-10-31, 06:53
Yeah. But if the second kid is hers, which would be preferable, then I don't really think they need to be twins. Even if the second kid was born from the second attempt with her, it'd still serve the purpose of making her feel better in this case, no?
But that assumes Rias cares about who had the first child. I know in real polygamous marriages historically this has been an issue, but Rias knows full well how hard it is for any devil to have a child.

amtro
2015-10-31, 07:34
Rias is extremely competitive, specially towards Akeno. Do not underestimate her jealousy. The fact that Akeno also called her own son, Issei's very first born child for Crimson is also bound to have rubbed her the wrong way. I suspect Airi's name had something to do with that.

Chaos-Zero
2015-10-31, 11:35
There's no way in heck that Issei would ever cheat on his loved ones because he's faithful to them.

XFire
2015-10-31, 12:25
There's no way in heck that Issei would ever cheat on his loved ones because he's faithful to them.

Define cheating.

Because in this case it'd be hard not to just call it expanding the harem.

Chichiryuushintei
2015-10-31, 12:32

I don't see how having sex with his peerage would be cheating.
He's a polygamist after all, as long as Rias is aware of it and allows it, it's not cheating.

Hokoga
2015-10-31, 12:41
^ That's right it's not "Cheating", we harem enthusiast call it "Winning"

DragonOsman
2015-10-31, 12:52
I don't see how having sex with his peerage would be cheating.
He's a polygamist after all, as long as Rias is aware of it and allows it, it's not cheating.

Yes, that's true. As long as it's with a girl Rias approves of, it's not cheating. Ise values and loves Rias the most, after all, so he'd also value her opinion and her feelings. But on the other hand, if he does it with a girl whom Rias doesn't approve of, and/or if he does it behind her back, then it's cheating and could also be a considered an affair.

@Perentie Fan: It's limited to pureblood Devils, apparently, but yeah. Rias should understand that, but as it's already been stated, she's also very competitive - especially Akeno.

Edit: One post late.
@Hokoga: No, but still. Ise is faithful to Rias, and I respect (and like) that. To him, it wouldn't "winning" - it'd be "being unfaithful," which is bad.

Chaos-Zero
2015-10-31, 15:35
^ That's right it's not "Cheating", we harem enthusiast call it "Winning"

Just as I thought. Issei marries the other girls and approves it. Not to mention she's confident that Rias turned out to be Issei's first wife. I'm happy for Issei and his harem as they have a happy ending. And he finally become a harem king.

LowCholesterol
2015-10-31, 16:48
yeah.
Cheater = Makoto from school days (that sweet ending)
Winner = Issei, have kid from all of his harem

Chaos-Zero
2015-10-31, 17:21
yeah.
Cheater = Makoto from school days (that sweet ending)
Winner = Issei, have kid from all of his harem

Once again, Issei have proven to be one of the greatest harem protagonists by marry,and having babies with his harem including Rias and Asia. Thus making the girls very happy that they got to be with him forever. Getting ahead of the rest of the other harem leads.

Chichiryuushintei
2015-10-31, 17:27
Culd we please not compare Makoto to Ise? It sounds like heresy and makes my eye twitch.

Perentie Fan
2015-10-31, 17:56
@Perentie Fan: It's limited to pureblood Devils, apparently, but yeah.
This confuses me. Has that been confirmed? If so then why have that scene I heard about with Xenovia trying to figure out how long it would take to get pregnant?

Further, if reborn devils (i.e. ones made from humans and such) have much higher birthrates, then why keep transforming other races as a matter of course? They would only have needed to do so until enough devils were reborn that they could rebuild their numbers via their high reproductive rate.

Its my understanding that devils still depend mainly on humans for increasing their numbers, and none in Rias' peerage started out as devils. Yes special humans are sought out, but the fact remains the main reason for transforming humans was stated to be to increase demon numbers as reproduction isn't enough.

Not to mention the problems it would cause if humans reborn into devils retained a human's reproductive output. That is they have the same lifespan as a natural born devil, and that lifespan is the whole reason devils don't have children often to begin with. Overpopulation would become a problem instead of there being too few.

Chichiryuushintei
2015-10-31, 18:01
Ressurected Devils have suposedly (Xenovia said it was only a possibility IIRC) higher birthrates than regular Devils but it's still very low.

Hokoga
2015-10-31, 21:19
@LowCholesterol
For me it was a bitter ending, it was sweet that he died in such a way(because he deserved it) but in the end I feel bad for the girls who fell in love with that bastard.Culd we please not compare Makoto to Ise? It sounds like heresy and makes my eye twitch.I don't like comparing them either but that was actually a pretty good example of a "Cheater" and a "Winner" :heh:

Perentie Fan
2015-10-31, 21:54
Ressurected Devils have suposedly (Xenovia said it was only a possibility IIRC) higher birthrates than regular Devils but it's still very low.
Ah, that makes sense. Higher but still very low. Many thanks.:)

LowCholesterol
2015-11-01, 02:53
well, i comparing Issei and him just for a jokes:heh:(the truth is, i miss that kind of anime which has depressing theme like that).

if a female human impregnated then turned into a devil, will the baby inside her womb disappear? if not, i guess it would help the devil population problem.

Chris38
2015-11-01, 05:10
if a female human impregnated then turned into a devil, will the baby inside her womb disappear? if not, i guess it would help the devil population problem.

Well ... I think that the baby would survive something like that ... since iI don't think that the Evil Pieces transformation process has a negative effect on a human body.

although, it's unknown if the baby would be transformed into a Devil as well - after all something like that could require more Magical Power ... not to mention the Evil Pieces would need to contain all the development stages that Devil an Human babies undergo in other to properly convert a human baby into a Devil and not impede his growth / development in someway...

Basically ... I wouldn't be surprised if the Evil Pieces only after the recipient reached a n age, where all his / hers major body functions have already fully developed and the Evil Pieces won't work on someone that would be of a younger age then that...

The 48th Ronin
2015-11-01, 09:07
A Harem King cheating? I call it harvesting.

DragonOsman
2015-11-01, 17:14
If he does it with a girl that the girls who are already in the harem don't approve of, then it's cheating. No matter what anyone says.

What series is that Makoto you guys mentioned from? And what did he do that made you guys hate him?

dark44
2015-11-01, 19:20
If he does it with a girl that the girls who are already in the harem don't approve of, then it's cheating. No matter what anyone says.

What series is that Makoto you guys mentioned from? And what did he do that made you guys hate him?

they mean school days and the MC is having sex with many girls and cheat on his girlfriends and in the end
one of them killed him and the other one killed her

aw454wtr
2015-11-01, 23:34
they mean school days and the MC is having sex with many girls and cheat on his girlfriends and in the end

and then she took his severed head with her as a keepsake

DragonKing0117
2015-11-02, 04:54

and then she took his severed head with her as a keepsake

Daily reminder that the Headless Horseman was just a man who failed to become a Harem King. :heh:

LowCholesterol
2015-11-02, 05:54
so, Honda real name is Makoto eh?

i bet he didn't suffer from hernia on vol 7, he is just too ashamed to show his faces :heh:

Biohazardous
2015-11-02, 09:01
Holy crap about Makoto. I might have to look into that series.

Ultragunner
2015-11-02, 10:00
it kinda surprises me that not all of us around here know about Makoto a.k.a "Dickoto"
Perhaps the meme "Nice boat" is more popular? hahaha
One last thing about that a-hole is that I can never understand how on earth so many girls fall for him, he is not handsome nor friendly, not even "kind" or lucky when compared to the most generic harem MCs out there LOL

I'm very curious about how Ise and the girls "do it" though, our Ise will be fathering nearly 10 children and unlike the kings of old who also had many many concubines, I highly doubt Ise would be ignoring any of the girls, I mean he would continuously "take care" of everyone right? :heh:

Also from the spoilers, Akeno's son is the eldest of the bunch, isn't he? So what kind of pressure the other girls will put on Ise to make baby with them when they know that Akeno will be the first to be pregnant? :heh:

hahaha, the sky is the limit for our perv imagination :p

Chichiryuushintei
2015-11-02, 10:34
He and Airi are the eldest up to now, but who knows, maybe there's an older one, since 3 are unknown.

Weather
2015-11-02, 10:53
One last thing about that a-hole is that I can never understand how on earth so many girls fall for him, he is not handsome nor friendly, not even "kind" or lucky when compared to the most generic harem MCs out there LOL

The only ones who actually loved him were Kotonoha, Sekai and probably Setsuna.

Most of the rest actually liked his dick, he was apparently reeeally good at sex (if you know his dad... well... eww.)

He and Airi are the eldest up to now, but who knows, maybe there's an older one, since 3 are unknown.

Which 3? Ravel, Ross and who else?

ukulelembo
2015-11-02, 11:02
No, it isn't. Kurenai is confirmed to be oldest. Regarding the remaining 3, one was born between Shin and Ix and is 17 years old and other two are younger than Ix.

Hokoga
2015-11-02, 11:23
Since Issei is so busy in the future would Ravel be the one spending the most time with him since she's his manager?

Most of the rest actually liked his dick, he was apparently reeeally good at sex (if you know his dad... well... eww.)The father make Makoto look like a saint.(I know right, that is f*ked up family tree because of him.)

cyberdemon
2015-11-02, 11:33
I might make sense if Ravel was the one who had 2 children. Unlike the others, Ravel is with him all the time as his manager meaning she would travel with him often as well (and he is said to be away quite often). So she would have more opportunities than the other to go for the second kid.

DOmus
2015-11-02, 11:36
So her name is Airi, wait a moment, isnt that the exact same name as some blonde girl I know... oh yeah, that one from some H vid that is fucked in almost every sequel by her dad.... oh, lel.

Chichiryuushintei
2015-11-02, 11:36
No, it isn't. Kurenai is confirmed to be oldest. Regarding the remaining 3, one was born between Shin and Ix and is 17 years old and other two are younger than Ix.

Sorry, didn't notice that. My bad. :heh:

@DOmus: ... Thanks for the mental image. /s

Weather
2015-11-02, 12:35
So her name is Airi, wait a moment, isnt that the exact same name as some blonde girl I know... oh yeah, that one from some H vid that is fucked in almost every sequel by her dad.... oh, lel.

Holy---

Now I can't unsee dammit.

DragonOsman
2015-11-02, 12:42
I agree with Chichi with the mental image. Thanks a lot, DOmus. -_-"

Anyway, yeah, the oldest one out of Ise's children is Kurenai. But who is Shin? I think I forgot.

By the way, I was counting the number of girls in Ise's harem, and I found that there are ten of them if you also count Kunou. Which means that, sadly, Rias couldn't have had more than one kid. Ah, well.

Weather
2015-11-02, 12:43
Bunch of Perverts here aren't we? :heh:

cyberdemon
2015-11-02, 13:01
I agree with Chichi with the mental image. Thanks a lot, DOmus. -_-"

Anyway, yeah, the oldest one out of Ise's children is Kurenai. But who is Shin? I think I forgot.

By the way, I was counting the number of girls in Ise's harem, and I found that there are ten of them if you also count Kunou. Which means that, sadly, Rias couldn't have had more than one kid. Ah, well.

I think it was confirmed that 1 of the girls had 2 children. just means that some of the other wives haven't had any yet. By that point he likely has a full peerage as well and they don't have any yet either.

Hokoga
2015-11-02, 13:42
@DOmus: One of my favorite tsunderes thanks for the mental image! :D

But I'm sure the name is just a coincidence, Issei wouldn't do anything like the guy in that series.

RED IV
2015-11-02, 13:51
does anyone know anymore details about the future and such?

DOmus
2015-11-02, 13:56
@DOmus: One of my favorite tsunderes thanks for the mental image! :D

But I'm sure the name is just a coincidence, Issei wouldn't do anything like the guy in that series.

Correct me if im wrong, but isnt Airi almost identical to Asia, except for the personality? What if Issei some night try to be a little perv assaulting Asia and by the time he finish he realize it was Airi all that time.... men, so many possibilities

Chichiryuushintei
2015-11-02, 14:09
does anyone know anymore details about the future and such?

Aside from what was said (written?) in this thread, no. Jop and Gary who are the ones who summarize the actual story haven't said anything yet.

@DOmus: Aaaaand the mental images just keep coming. Yaaaaaaay.

Weather
2015-11-02, 14:11
Correct me if im wrong, but isnt Airi almost identical to Asia, except for the personality? What if Issei some night try to be a little perv assaulting Asia and by the time he finish he realize it was Airi all that time.... men, so many possibilities

Ok, stop now.

Hokoga
2015-11-02, 14:26
Correct me if im wrong, but isnt Airi almost identical to Asia, except for the personality?The only thing those two have in common is the blond hair.What if Issei some night try to be a little perv assaulting Asia and by the time he finish he realize it was Airi all that time.... men, so many possibilitiesNow that's just messed up. . .
Poor Airi, barely introduced yet and is already being mentally violated by the fans

DragonOsman
2015-11-02, 16:34
Yeah, DOmus, seriously, please stop saying those things we can't un-see/un-imagine.

ukulelembo
2015-11-02, 17:33
Irina's son.

I think it was confirmed that 1 of the girls had 2 children.
No, it wasn't.

WingsoftheDragonix
2015-11-02, 17:46
For some reason I less surprise than what I thought about Asia and Issei daughter.

Parry999
2015-11-02, 17:50
Correct me if im wrong, but isnt Airi almost identical to Asia, except for the personality? What if Issei some night try to be a little perv assaulting Asia and by the time he finish he realize it was Airi all that time.... men, so many possibilities OHHHHHHH fun:heh:

Wandering Soul
2015-11-02, 18:26
You seem determined to scar every single person in this thread.

shadow1296
2015-11-02, 18:54
so here's my possibilities on who are the mothers of issei's last 3 children who have the highest are Ravel, Ross, and le fay the reasons being:
Ravel: harem member and his manager
Ross: after this current arc you could probably consider her a harem member
Le fay: while currently not an official harem member she is his contracted magician
Now there are two others who have a possibility of being them however one is only viable if a certain character dies which is possible because of what has been happening in the current arc with them and the fact (as far as I'm aware any way) this character hasn't been referenced in ex at all yet