PDA

View Full Version : High School DxD Light Novel - DX.2 (Short Story Collection)

Pages : [1] 2

Kairin
2015-12-10, 00:39
Welcome to the discussion thread for High School DxD [LN/M], DX.2.

Thread Guidelines
Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
Spoilers or hints about future events (past DX.2) must not be posted in this thread.
If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message (http://forums.animesuki.com/faq.php?faq=vb_board_usage#faq_vb_pm_explain), or seek out a more appropriate thread.
Discuss your expectations of the volume or arc if it has not yet been released.
Be polite to your fellow forum members.
Please try to keep the discussion on-topic.
Do not post multiple times in a row. Please edit your existing post if you wish to add additional thoughts.

Chichiryuushintei
2015-12-10, 10:40
So, does anyone knows which SSs are in this? I know the one with Ophis and Kunou is confirmed, but I don't think any other was.

B214
2015-12-10, 12:00
Seekvaira SS will be in it.
Another Grigori SS with Salamander Tomita.
Poseidon SS
A SS on the FSG Maou(?) - Not sure on this one.
A SS on Kuroka (?)
And a SS on the Five Great Family in Slashdog (?)

The last three are something i got from the preview in Ishibumi's blog. Might have been used in another SS, or a part of another SS, so the accuracy of the last 3 SS isn't confirmed.

Chichiryuushintei
2015-12-10, 12:13
Thanks. :)

KnightShade
2015-12-10, 13:31
Seekvaira SS will be in it.
Another Grigori SS with Salamander Tomita.
Poseidon SS
A SS on the FSG Maou(?) - Not sure on this one.
A SS on Kuroka (?)
And a SS on the Five Great Family in Slashdog (?)

The last three are something i got from the preview in Ishibumi's blog. Might have been used in another SS, or a part of another SS, so the accuracy of the last 3 SS isn't confirmed.

*subscribes to thread
:D

DragonOsman
2015-12-10, 13:47
Yeah. I'm looking forward to this one. It's going to be great, I think.

Ariel_Saeba
2015-12-11, 18:05
Is the Metatron SS included?

B214
2015-12-11, 20:29
Is the Metatron SS included?

No don't think so.

DragonOsman
2015-12-11, 20:48
That's the one called "Nekomata Ninja Scroll," right? That one might be in DX.3. N0m@n is the one translating it, but he hasn't finished yet. I guess he's too busy with RL and/or other translation projects.

n0m@n
2015-12-11, 21:52
The 6 short story (originally published in DM) included in DX2 is the following:
1. Oppai is the Sun (Will have Poseidon appear)
2. Student Council's Decesion (SC girl's prefference in guys will be mentioned)
3. Let's Go with Training (It was actually this SS where the Kusangi's sword was first mentioned. Also has Saji getting totally raped by level 999999 Maous. RIP.)
4. Worship☆Dragon-God Girl (Ophis and Kunou. The two lolis)
5. Nekotama☆Ninja Scroll (I really need to finish this....)
6. Maniac's Sanctuary (That Agares Girl appears along with her male Queen who is actually a Dragon. And her obsession with Robots and plastic models and stuff)

And also 1 new story which is LN exclusive like always. So in total 7 stories will be included.

B214
2015-12-11, 22:29
The 6 short story (originally published in DM) included in DX2 is the following:
3. Let's Go with Training (It was actually this SS where the Kusangi's sword was first mentioned. Also has Saji getting totally raped by level 999999 Maous. RIP.)
6. Maniac's Sanctuary (That Agares Girl appears along with her male Queen who is actually a Dragon. And her obsession with Robots and plastic models and stuff)

And also 1 new story which is LN exclusive like always. So in total 7 stories will be included.

Thanks for the info n0m, good to see that you're still around.

Chichiryuushintei
2015-12-11, 22:29
Wow, thanks a lot for the confirmation N0m@n.

Saji getting the shaft (I love the guy, but iit's still hilarious), AN ARCHANGEL F*UCKING NINJA, Ophis & Kunou, and more info on the robot geek? Plus something new? Now I'm hyped. :D

Is that SS about the girls's preferences the one where Ise sees a Yaoi Doujin starring him and Kiba? I always wanted to see that one. :heh:

DragonOsman
2015-12-12, 10:33
I just hope we don't actually have to sit there and read actual scenes from that doujin. Other than that, I'm also hyped and am looking forward to DX.2.

It's a good thing that Nekomata Ninja Scroll will be in it. I'm happy about that.

Direwolf18
2015-12-12, 10:56
Oh man I totally forgot that you were even translating that one.

I am really looking forward to the Ophis and Kunou one. Especially because its contents are quickly becoming plot relevant. Compared to some of the others that are sorta filler or true side stories the Ophis Kunou relationship is going to be relevant.

DragonOsman
2015-12-12, 11:12
None of the side-stories are really "filler," though - they're all canon. It's just that they aren't treated as part of the main story since they're side-stories.

I'm also interested in the Ophis and Kunou side-story, but I'm also interested in the Nekomata Ninja Scroll one.

Hakai
2015-12-12, 11:14
None of the side-stories are really "filler," though - they're all canon. It's just that they aren't treated as part of the main story since they're side-stories.

I refuse to accept the Akeno Barakiel SS as canon

Chichiryuushintei
2015-12-12, 14:23
Who doesn't? Who doesn't... *sigh*

Direwolf18
2015-12-12, 14:32
I'm not saying they aren't cannon. But if you were to miss the posed ion one or the ninja scroll one there isn't a big impact for the main story.

Chichiryuushintei
2015-12-12, 14:52
Well, filler literally means content that's not made by the author to fill space in the anime until the source material is far ahead enough for it to resume adaptation. So, none of the SSs are filler. Some are irrelevant, but none are filler.

DragonOsman
2015-12-12, 17:41
Exactly, and by definition, that makes them canon because the opposite of "filler" is "canon".

Direwolf18
2015-12-14, 08:45
sounds like a linguistic miss translation occurred.

When I say filler I mean, "stories that are mostly there to fill up space in an anthology, they may be entertaining as stand alone works, but are not necessarily needed for a reading of the greater work". This can be considered canonical or not depending on the source.

Girls dressing up as a sexy ninja, or them meeting Posedien may be entertaining to read about. However it is not critical to the overall plot, compared to Ophis and Kunous interactions going to become very relevant in the coming volumes. It has already been referenced to a couple of times point blank and having not read that short story I am missing out.

Hakai
2015-12-14, 08:51
That's why they are called 'side stories'
But filler is another thing

Direwolf18
2015-12-14, 11:33
Uhggg. Here we go lovely, linguistics.

According to Oxford dictionary for a literal definition:

Filler: An item serving only to fill space or time, especially in a newspaper, broadcast, or recording.

I don't see the word canon in there anywhere.

KnightShade
2015-12-14, 12:29
Uhggg. Here we go lovely, linguistics.

According to Oxford dictionary for a literal definition:

Filler: An item serving only to fill space or time, especially in a newspaper, broadcast, or recording.

I don't see the word canon in there anywhere.

literal definition doesn't apply as we're talking strictly within the context of a work of fiction.

SeaDam
2015-12-14, 15:12
literal definition doesn't apply as we're talking strictly within the context of a work of fiction.

I think that post was in regards to Chichi's misuse of the word "literally".

DragonOsman
2015-12-14, 19:07
@Direwolf: I'm with Kidstandout on this one. The dictionary definition doesn't apply here. In a manga/anime/LN setting or context, a filler is something the anime puts in to stall for time until the manga or LN gets a chance to get farther ahead of the anime again. DX.1 and DX.2 and those other side-story anthologies all have canon side-stories that can't be considered filler by that particular definition. They're not filler, they're just side-stories. And there's a good reason why they're called as such.

KnightShade
2015-12-14, 21:52
@Direwolf: I'm with Kidstandout on this one. The dictionary definition doesn't apply here. In a manga/anime/LN setting or context, a filler is something the anime puts in to stall for time until the manga or LN gets a chance to get farther ahead of the anime again. DX.1 and DX.2 and those other side-story anthologies all have canon side-stories that can't be considered filler by that particular definition. They're not filler, they're just side-stories. And there's a good reason why they're called as such.

where is the thumbs up emoji? :D well said

SeaDam
2015-12-14, 22:49

I guess the response to that would be, says who? The dictionary definition seems to fit just fine.

MV5
2015-12-14, 23:48
All of this just for the antics that occurred during a SS that will never come up again in any way, shape, or form? Adding the fact that it will hold no significance to the main story either?

Chichiryuushintei
2015-12-15, 07:20
I guess the response to that would be, says who? The dictionary definition seems to fit just fine.

I think that post was in regards to Chichi's misuse of the word "literally".

That is the definition when it comes to anime/manga/LNs. I really don't see how that dictionary fits into a japanese media point of view.

Besides, SSs aren't even made to fill space, they are published in a separate magazine.

DragonOsman
2015-12-15, 12:26
^Exactly right. They aren't included in the main story and are just side-stories, so you can't call them filler.

Direwolf18
2015-12-15, 13:37
Thank you Seadam you got the joke. People use the word literally to much. Especially in places figuritivly is supposed to be used.

My basis of the use of the English language is centered around the dictionary. If you feel a word in the dictionary should have additional or more specific meaning feel free to write to Oxford dictionary people.

http://blog.oxforddictionaries.com/contact-us/

Send them an email! Use action words to make it stand out!

To be fair I did some looking and I did see your definition on urban dictionary. But I avoid that whenever I can, it's like watching the slow rape and torture of my language as it degenerates into a sea of prepubescent internet memes.

DragonOsman
2015-12-15, 13:45
There's still such a thing as Internet and/or urban slang, though. Which is what the anime/manga/LN version of the word "filler" is.

Direwolf18
2015-12-15, 13:50
I'm to old and tired to keep up with all this "urban slang". My younger cousins assure me I am not hip or cool or whatever damn word they are using this week. Frigging kids, not a one of em can legally drink and they judge me.

You see a word that I am miss-using according to "urban slang" just assume it's my age, especially if an actual dictionary backs my usage up.

Chichiryuushintei
2015-12-15, 13:56
Thank you Seadam you got the joke. People use the word literally to much. Especially in places figuritivly is supposed to be used.

My basis of the use of the English language is centered around the dictionary. If you feel a word in the dictionary should have additional or more specific meaning feel free to write to Oxford dictionary people.

http://blog.oxforddictionaries.com/contact-us/

Send them an email! Use action words to make it stand out!

To be fair I did some looking and I did see your definition on urban dictionary. But I avoid that whenever I can, it's like watching the slow rape and torture of my language as it degenerates into a sea of prepubescent internet memes.
Like I said before, I wasn't refering to the dictionary's meaning, I was talking about the usage of it regarding japanese media by japanese people, since that's the main subject of this forum. Not wanting to sound racist, but english is not Japan's forte.

But yeah, what Osman said.

DragonOsman
2015-12-15, 13:57
Okay, so how old are you? Pardon me for asking.

Edit: One post late.
@Chichi: I'm not sure about the "Japanese meaning" part.

Direwolf18
2015-12-15, 13:59
29 going on 50 or so I'm told.

DragonOsman
2015-12-15, 14:04
Told? You're talking like you don't know you're actual age. O.o

Hakai
2015-12-15, 14:04
We're really running out of things to talk about.... Damn

When does the next part of EX comes

DragonOsman
2015-12-15, 14:05
It's already out, someone just needs to translate it and put a summary up on here.

Direwolf18
2015-12-15, 14:09
It's a figure of speech. My biological age is 29, but I am told I act like I am 50.

B214
2015-12-15, 20:58
So why are people discussing on this issue?

Direwolf18
2015-12-16, 08:19
So why are people discussing on this issue?

Nitpicking and a lack of things to talk about otherwise.

I would love to have a discussion about the short stories themselves but... Not much to talk about ATM.

Chichiryuushintei
2015-12-16, 08:43
Sooo, anyone knows when the sales of the limited version (that comes with the Rizer OVA) will be known?

Mamuru
2015-12-16, 12:12
New colored illustration:
http://imgsrc.baidu.com/forum/pic/item/15f17a3d269759ee7ce4f1fdb5fb43166d22df5f.jpg

Hakai
2015-12-16, 12:24
Damn Tsubaki actually looks cute here
Always thought she was a bit mean looking(still hot)

Chichiryuushintei
2015-12-16, 13:34
Can't see the picture for some reason. T_T

DragonOsman
2015-12-16, 15:06
I can't see it on my iPhone and on MS Edge, but I'll probably be able to see it on Google Chrome. It's like that with most images other than Signatures for me. I can't even see the icons.

Chichiryuushintei
2015-12-16, 16:07
I am using chrome. ._.

Though the issue is probably something else on my side.

DragonOsman
2015-12-16, 17:37
Welp, it's official - I can't see it on Chrome, either. This is a problem.

schedmaster
2015-12-16, 17:59
I saw the illustration and I have to say that it's nice and I like it. It takes simple work just to see it.

KnightShade
2015-12-16, 18:08
repost pic please

Mamuru
2015-12-16, 18:37
I added it to the pictures in the group. You can see it there.

Chichiryuushintei
2015-12-16, 19:11
Oh, thanks a lot. :D

Wow, it's been so long, I actually forgot how good Miyama-san's artstyle is. Kiba looks cool and Tsubaki cute. The coloring is the best though. Just feels great.

I'm not a fan of the KibaxTsubaki "ship", but I'm really interested if there'll be actual development between their relationship in the new SS that came with Dx. 2.

MV5
2015-12-17, 00:56
Sooo, anyone knows when the sales of the limited version (that comes with the Rizer OVA) will be known?

*8. **9,329 *10,009 High School DxD DX Vol.2 Limited Edition

The regular edition comes out in 2 days so expect a further increase.

Hakai
2015-12-17, 05:23
There should be 1 new SS with this volume right?
How long until we get some details about that?
I also want know about the afterwards to see how Ishi is doing
The last lines of V20 afterwards almost made me tear up

Direwolf18
2015-12-17, 08:03
Is it me or is kiba getting creepier in each pic?

I could totally see him being a pedo in that one.

Chichiryuushintei
2015-12-17, 08:39
Considering Tsubaki's expression, I wouldn't doubt it.

DragonOsman
2015-12-18, 11:41
Yeah, going by that expression, it does seem like he's pedo. Dreadful.

Hakai
2015-12-18, 11:49
Well, Tosca is mentioned to look 12-13 http://i.imgur.com/DBc5g8E.png

DragonOsman
2015-12-18, 12:01
Exactly. She still looks the same as she did while they at that Church facility together. I think Kiba's a lolicon (unless she looks old enough even despite that). I hope I'm wrong, though. Would be great if he got together with both Tsubaki and Tosuca.

Hakai
2015-12-18, 12:10
Would be hilarious if he's a closet lolicon
Tsubaki trying to take him back from the dark side http://i.imgur.com/DBc5g8E.png

B214
2015-12-18, 12:17
Would be great if he got together with both Tsubaki and Tosuca.

Ise did say that Kiba was a lecher himself in V4 so there's still a bit of hope (very small only though) that Kiba may end up with both of them.

DragonOsman
2015-12-18, 12:27
I do remember that part from Volume 4. But I think his lecherous side is highly loliconish, though. That's what I'm worried about. But I could be wrong - I hope I am.

@Cake: Yeah, and I hope Tsubaki succeeds.

Hakai
2015-12-18, 12:31
The only time I can remember him complimenting a girl's looks is Koneko in V5 https://i.imgur.com/DBc5g8E.png

DragonOsman
2015-12-18, 12:32
Really, that happened? What chapter? I'll go look at it again.

Hakai
2015-12-18, 12:39
V5 chapter 'End Game' Her cat ears were moving timidly, seemingly searching for Kaichou’s spirit.

Your cat ears are very cute
That foreshadowing https://i.imgur.com/DBc5g8E.png

DragonOsman
2015-12-18, 12:49
Well, even Ise thinks she's cute, and he isn't even a lolicon. But yeah, if Koneko's the only girl Kiba's ever complimented on her looks, then that's indeed worrisome.

Hakai
2015-12-18, 12:55
Well, even Ise thinks she's cute, and he isn't even a lolicon..

Most men aren't until they meet the right lolihttps://i.imgur.com/DBc5g8E.png
Koneko gave Issei nosebleed in V7

DragonOsman
2015-12-18, 14:12
Ise has Rias as his girlfriend. He's no lolicon. He likes big breasts. [I know what you're doing. Stop.]

Biohazardous
2015-12-18, 14:29
Ise has Rias as his girlfriend. He's no lolicon. He likes big breasts. [I know what you're doing. Stop.]

I agree with this wait a min you did the [Ddraig talking] :p

Chichiryuushintei
2015-12-18, 14:52
"He likes all kind of breasts but he likes the big ones the best."

-Azazel, The Oppai Dragon Song

Direwolf18
2015-12-18, 15:14
I was humming the toon, "I like big butts"

Hakai
2015-12-18, 15:19
Who doesn't https://i.imgur.com/DBc5g8E.png

cyberdemon
2015-12-18, 17:36
I was humming the toon, "I like big butts"

someone should do a music video of Vali singing to the tune of "I Like Big Butts" lol

DragonOsman
2015-12-18, 18:19
@Bio: I wasn't intentionally talking like Ddraig. That was just an aside, nothing more.

@Cyberdemon: Yep, that'd be hilarious.

n0m@n
2015-12-24, 04:54
Well, it isnt about Dx2 but.....
the new ova ( 3 mintues) had the bath scene with Ise and Grafia.....nice:D
So they decided to use that scene from the short story in DX1 aye (with several differences). 5/5

Hakai
2015-12-24, 04:59
Well, it isnt about Dx2 but.....
the new ova ( 3 mintues) had the bath scene with Ise and Grafia.....nice:D
So they decided to use that scene from the short story in DX1 aye (with several differences). 5/5

Santa exists
Confirmed

Chichiryuushintei
2015-12-24, 05:18
We know that Santa exists since v18.

But she's married for fuck's sake.

Biohazardous
2015-12-24, 09:31
She is still an awesome woman. :)

Chichiryuushintei
2015-12-24, 09:45
She is still an awesome woman. :)

Doesn't change the fact she's married.

DragonOsman
2015-12-24, 14:35
Yeah. She's a hot MILF. But Ise won't lay a hand on her because it doesn't look like MILFs are his thing. And I agree with him on that.

Hakai
2015-12-24, 14:48
Yeah. She's a hot MILF. But Ise won't lay a hand on her because it doesn't look like MILFs are his thing. And I agree with him on that.

He seemed pretty attracted to Kunou's mom

Chichiryuushintei
2015-12-24, 15:11
Kunou's mom isn't married.

Hakai
2015-12-24, 15:38
Did not stop Issei from ogling at Grayfia's naked body

Not like it matters, Grayfia sees him as a younger brother and while Issei is physically attracted to her(like any straight male should be) he would never consider anything serious with her

DragonOsman
2015-12-24, 16:21
^Which is exactly what I'm saying. Sure, Ise would ogle at and be mesmerized by hot mothers and other MILFs like Grayfia like any straight male who likes big breasts would be, but he still wouldn't lay a hand on them. I'm not sure if Yasaka is completely off-limits, though, as she doesn't have a husband at all. She isn't taken, even though she does have a daughter (but said daughter would get mad if Ise won't for Yasaka, so maybe it really is out - too bad).

Chichiryuushintei
2015-12-24, 16:40
Did not stop Issei from ogling at Grayfia's naked body

Not like it matters, Grayfia sees him as a younger brother and while Issei is physically attracted to her(like any straight male should be) he would never consider anything serious with her

Didn't watch the special yet, but in the SS he wasn't attracted to her at all. Did he say she was hot? Yes, but he didn't stare or ogle at her.

Hakai
2015-12-24, 16:51
Yes he did, there was a long paragraph of Issei praising every part of Grayfia's body in the beginning and he apologizes to her in the end for staring at her breasts even when they were having a serious conversation

DragonOsman
2015-12-24, 17:16
It's inconceivable for Ise to not stare a woman as hot as Grayfia, especially when she's naked. It just wouldn't be Ise.

B214
2015-12-24, 19:29
Why are we discussing on the Special 5 on a DX.2 thread?

DragonOsman
2015-12-24, 19:57
Because it's an adapted version of one of side-stories that appeared in DX, I guess? Although it was only DX.1.

B214
2015-12-24, 20:34
Except this topic should go to the anime thread before the moderators intervene. We have a history of going out of track after all. :heh:

Biohazardous
2015-12-28, 09:24
The power of oppai causes us to go off track. :p

darkangel0278
2016-01-08, 06:18
one question, the oppai is the sun, what is the story all about? also, the maniac's sanctuary?

DragonOsman
2016-01-08, 09:08
"Oppai Is the Sun" is probably the one where we learn how Ise got to like breasts so much (the one that tells us that he met a perverted old man who told perverted stories to children and told him about the joys of breasts when he was a kid). I'm not sure, but I think it could be that one. I'll have to make sure. Don't know at all about the other one, though.

Chichiryuushintei
2016-01-08, 09:12
No, that SS was already compiled in v8 or v13.

LowCholesterol
2016-01-08, 09:12
"Oppai Is the Sun" is probably the one where we learn how Ise got to like breasts so much (the one that tells us that he met a perverted old man who told perverted stories to children and told him about the joys of breasts when he was a kid). I'm not sure, but I think it could be that one. I'll have to make sure. Don't know at all about the other one, though.

no, that was "The memory of oppai"
the saddest short story on vol 7, no, it's the saddest on entire DxD story :(

DragonOsman
2016-01-08, 09:14
Thanks for the correction, guys.

So they're only putting the standalone short stories from the Dragon Magazine in DX, then? The ones that were in SS-compilation Volumes of DxD aren't included?

Chichiryuushintei
2016-01-08, 09:14
It was also one of the few time the police actually did something against a perverted old man in Japanese fiction.

DragonOsman
2016-01-08, 09:16
And it's just like Ise how he doesn't see that guy being a pervert as a bad thing. He even said, "He was just a pervert!". That's just it, though, Ise. Honestly. :heh:

LowCholesterol
2016-01-08, 09:56
no, according to Issei, he is a god (after Kiba says he is just a pervert)

@chichi : yeah, i never see a pervert get caught by the police in Japanese fiction before this SS (heck, the police never arrest hentai kamen)

DragonOsman
2016-01-08, 10:12
Yeah, that, too. I'm with Kiba, though; that guy was just a really big pervert. And it's also wrong of him to fill children's heads with perverted thoughts.

Chichiryuushintei
2016-01-08, 10:26
You dare say such blasphemy about the Savior of Oppaism?! Begone, heretic. >:O

Just gonna make it clear that I'm joking okay?

DragonOsman
2016-01-08, 11:40
Good. Because I don't really even know how to reply to that. "-_-

Biohazardous
2016-01-09, 10:54
You just say Oppai is life. :p

Ruki0089
2016-01-09, 17:50
Yeah, that, too. I'm with Kiba, though; that guy was just a really big pervert. And it's also wrong of him to fill children's heads with perverted thoughts.

But if that pervert not fill ise's head with the truth of oppai :heh:
The current ise won't be exist.... Even the girl dislike ise without perversion...

LowCholesterol
2016-01-09, 18:12
But if that pervert not fill ise's head with the truth of oppai :heh:
The current ise won't be exist.... Even the girl dislike ise without perversion...

yeah, Rias would still recruit him to ORC. but there are many event that will changed
- Vali would repelled from Kuou with different way
- Akeno & Baraqiel aren't reconcile
- Loki is undefeated
- Triaina would awaken in different way
- Kyoto in chaos since Yasaka consciousness isn't back

Chichiryuushintei
2016-01-09, 18:19
Actually, if it wasn't for his perversion, Ise (and everyone) would have been killed in v3 by Kokabiel.

LowCholesterol
2016-01-09, 18:26
ah,you're right. i thinking too far again

Ruki0089
2016-01-09, 18:42
In other word, without being pervert ise already be killed long time ago... His perversion is his real power.

DragonOsman
2016-01-09, 18:46
Ise without perversion just wouldn't be Ise. We already saw that in "Abduction ERO", though.

But if Ise hadn't been perverted, those power-ups and the way to save Sairaorg's mom and help Barakiel and Akeno reconcile would have been different (as in, it would still happen - just in a different way). And if he wasn't perverted, Ishibumi would've done something different to keep him and everyone else from killed by Kokabiel. That and Azazel would've used something other than "breasts would get halved" at that time when he had to beat Vali.

Chichiryuushintei
2016-01-09, 18:48
Ise without perversion just wouldn't be Ise. We already saw that in "Abduction ERO", though.

But if Ise hadn't been perverted, those power-ups and the way to save Sairaorg's mom and help Barakiel and Akeno reconcile would have been different (as in, it would still happen - just in a different way).

No it wouldn't. Ise was able to do all that of stuff because of his perversion. Without it, he's powerless.

DragonOsman
2016-01-09, 18:49
I'm just saying that Ishi would've used something else as his source of power. It's all up Ishi at the end of the day.

Chichiryuushintei
2016-01-09, 18:56
That's like saying Ise would have beaten any of his enemies even if he didn't have any sort of power whatsoever, was paralized from the neck down as well as blind and deaf because Ishi could write that he did. The story was writen with his perversion as a central point, and would have fallen apart if it wasn't for him being such a pervert.

DragonOsman
2016-01-09, 19:46
That's because that's the sort of Ishi wanted to write. If he wanted, he could also have written a story that would've seemed great even without a perverted character.

But I digress. Ise is better the way he is. I was just saying that that if Ishi had wanted, he could've written it differently, with a non-perverted and a story not centered on a perverted character.

Chichiryuushintei
2016-01-09, 19:51
That's because that's the sort of Ishi wanted to write. If he wanted, he could also have written a story that would've seemed great even without a perverted character.

You don't know what's the point of "what if" scenarios, do you?

Ruki0089
2016-01-09, 20:09

But if Ise hadn't been perverted, those power-ups and the way to save Sairaorg's mom and help Barakiel and Akeno reconcile would have been different (as in, it would still happen - just in a different way). And if he wasn't perverted, Ishibumi would've done something different to keep him and everyone else from killed by Kokabiel. That and Azazel would've used something other than "breasts would get halved" at that time when he had to beat Vali.

Dude, that would be typical and cliche shounen hero... And that so boring.... Even Azazel stated ise greatest weapon is his perversion...
And i dislike typical quote like
With the power of bond and friendship, we can overcome anything BS...

Biohazardous
2016-01-10, 10:23
Perverted Ise is definatly best. :D

DragonOsman
2016-01-10, 12:39
@Ruki: You really think even the Ise we know doesn't believe in friendship himself? If you do, you're wrong. He may be a huge pervert, but he really cares about his friends nonetheless and would even give up his own life for them.

Chichiryuushintei
2016-01-10, 12:55
@Ruki: You really think even the Ise we know doesn't believe in friendship himself? If you do, you're wrong. He may be a huge pervert, but he really cares about his friends nonetheless and would even give up his own life for them.

But he doesn't draw power from friendship. Only from lust and rage. Yes, he cares deeplyfor his friends, but he doesn't power up with the power of friendship.

DragonOsman
2016-01-10, 12:58
He does power up from his love for Rias, though. So there's that. And he also unlocked DxD mode through his love for his family in Volume 20.

Chichiryuushintei
2016-01-10, 13:05
He does power up from his love for Rias, though. So there's that. And he also unlocked DxD mode through his love for his family in Volume 20.

Eh, nope. v10's power up was using Rias's glowing breasts. And v20's was just Ophis's power getting ready in that convenient time.

DragonOsman
2016-01-10, 13:52
It wasn't just Ophis' power getting ready at that time. You know that Sacred Gears respond to their respective possessors strong emotions, right? The Boosted Gear responded to the feelings Ise had when he felt that his parents had accepted him despite having learned that he's a Devil and a Dragon. The strong feelings he had then made the Boosted Gear respond and it helped unlock DxD mode. Either way, it wasn't lust or rage that unlocked DxD mode. It was either familial love or just Ophis' power having gotten read at that convenient time like you put it. And I'm going for the "familial love" option because we know that Sacred Gears respond to strong emotions.

Also, why does he mostly only get power-ups from Rias' breasts? Couldn't it be because of his love for her? It may seem like it's just the breasts, but if it really was, Akeno's or someone else's breasts would've sufficed sometimes, too.

Chichiryuushintei
2016-01-10, 14:08
It wasn't just Ophis' power getting ready at that time. You know that Sacred Gears respond to their respective possessors strong emotions, right? The Boosted Gear responded to the feelings Ise had when he felt that his parents had accepted him despite having learned that he's a Devil and a Dragon. The strong feelings he had then made the Boosted Gear respond and it helped unlock DxD mode. Either way, it wasn't lust or rage that unlocked DxD mode. It was either familial love or just Ophis' power having gotten read at that convenient time like you put it. And I'm going for the "familial love" option because we know that Sacred Gears respond to strong emotions.

Also, why does he mostly only get power-ups from Rias' breasts? Couldn't it be because of his love for her? It may seem like it's just the breasts, but if it really was, Akeno's or someone else's breasts would've sufficed sometimes, too.
The Boosted Gear didn't have much, if anything to do with that. DxD mode is just adding Ophis power and GR's flesh to CCQ. The SG itself didn't evolve, or change in anyway.

That's because Rias's breats are the best in his opinion. He does love her, but his way to get stronger is through her breasts.

Hakai
2016-01-10, 14:22
Not siding with anyone but
—But, Ddraig on other hand didn’t have any clue. After all, the fragment conscious of the past Sekiryuuteis that seemed to hold the key had moved to the afterlife so there wasn’t any way for him to ask them. It seems like he entered the territory where he can solve the mysteries related to Great Red and Ophis’s powers by going deep within the Boosted Gear. But Ddraig said he wouldn’t be able to enter that zone at this point.

GR Ophis power is related to BG to a certain degree

Also i don't think his power ups from Rias' breast is purely lust

He thought Rose's overall balance was perfect(hinted better than Rias') and Kuroka had the combined softness and elasticity of Rias and Akeno(damn it feels awkward to be seriously arguing about breasts :heh:)

Rias' case seems special as she can shoot oppai beams...

DragonOsman
2016-01-10, 17:07
That was only after her breasts "reached Level 3". All thanks to Ise, no less. And yeah, you're right. He knows there are better breasts than Rias'. The reason he only powers up through hers is because he loves her.

Also, Chichi, when Ise finally understood that his parents accept him even as a Devil and a Dragon, a huge crimson aura started coming out of him that kept increasing until he activated DxD mode. That was his Sacred Gear responding to his feelings.

Chichiryuushintei
2016-01-10, 17:18
That was only after her breasts "reached Level 3". All thanks to Ise, no less. And yeah, you're right. He knows there are better breasts than Rias'. The reason he only powers up through hers is because he loves her.

Also, Chichi, when Ise finally understood that his parents accept him even as a Devil and a Dragon, a huge crimson aura started coming out of him that kept increasing until he activated DxD mode. That was his Sacred Gear responding to his feelings.

He also loves all the other girls, so no, it's not because he loves her. Otherwise he'd power up through them all.

That aura wasn't an increase in power. Not sure if you noticed, but he still was just getting beaten up like nothing. Only when Ophis's fraction came in he got the power up.

DragonOsman
2016-01-10, 19:24
Dude, if DxD mode isn't connected to the Boosted Gear at all, why is it based off of the Cardinal Crimson Queen? Didn't you notice that all of its abilities are enhanced versions of the ones the Triaina and Cardinal Crimson Queen have? And Ddraig also called it "Cardinal Crimson Promotion - Diabolos Dragon". It's Ophis' power, but Ise uses it through the Boosted Gear. The crimson aura wasn't directly making him any stronger, but he did unlock DxD mode when it was at its strongest. The Boosted Gear responded to his feelings. I really can't see it any other way.

Chichiryuushintei
2016-01-10, 19:43
Dude, if DxD mode isn't connected to the Boosted Gear at all, why is it based off of the Cardinal Crimson Queen? Didn't you notice that all of its abilities are enhanced versions of the ones the Triaina and Cardinal Crimson Queen have? And Ddraig also called it "Cardinal Crimson Promotion - Diabolos Dragon". It's Ophis' power, but Ise uses it through the Boosted Gear. The crimson aura wasn't directly making him any stronger, but he did unlock DxD mode when it was at its strongest. The Boosted Gear responded to his feelings. I really can't see it any other way.
DxD mode is basically adding Ophis's power to the CCQ. It's not something from the BG itself, it's just using both powers at the same time.

DxD mode was unlocked because Ophis's powers were "full". It's just a matter of convenient timing.

DragonOsman
2016-01-10, 19:51
So you're completely disregarding the crimson aura. Okay. Good to know.

The way I see it, though, Ophis' power was added to the Boosted Gear. Ise also can't get into DxD mode without passing through the Cardinal Crimson Queen first, so there's that as well.

Ariel_Saeba
2016-01-10, 20:17
I'm curious with Oppai is the Sun and Let's Go with Training, though, since the info about them is a bit scarce. When anyone in the Greek trinity appear (barring Hades, of course), it will have a jolly good smile for me (well, Zeus and Poseidon made fun of Azazel in V10 so I expect him to be like that in the SS). Saji being tortured (it's vague whether it was done in the Underworld or at the Grigori Institute since the title suggests about his training)... no comment on this one :heh:

Chichiryuushintei
2016-01-10, 21:56
So you're completely disregarding the crimson aura. Okay. Good to know.

I'm not disregarding it, I'm saying it made no difference. It was just an aura, not an increase in power.

The way I see it, though, Ophis' power was added to the Boosted Gear. Ise also can't get into DxD mode without passing through the Cardinal Crimson Queen first, so there's that as well.
That's what I said. ._.

Hakai
2016-01-10, 22:02
The power of his SG did increase
Hearing what Vali said, Azazel was able to imagine what had happened.

Issei's identity was revealed to his parents. But still, they accepted him. It must made him really happy. That guy's Sacred Gear's power must have increased tremendously. After all, Sacred Gear's responds to the feeling of its possessor.

Well at least Azazel expects it to

Chichiryuushintei
2016-01-10, 22:16
The power of his SG did increase

Well at least Azazel expects it to
I suppose that him getting stronger is the reason he just continued to be swatted like a fly.

Hakai
2016-01-10, 22:40
I suppose that him getting stronger is the reason he just continued to be swatted like a fly.
>_>
Your point?
His opponent was a fucking super devil who had the cheat power to negate all his power and cancel his armor with just one touch

Chichiryuushintei
2016-01-11, 08:20
It wasn't just Rizevim that was there, some of the time it'd be Diehauser that just dunked him.

Hakai
2016-01-11, 08:41
No. He charged at Rizevim and Diehausar only invalidated his attack and then Rizevim cancelled his armor and kicked him
Same thing happened again and again so it's actually worse both of them teaming up on Ise

And Ise was already long past his stamina as noted by Rizevim

With that said. Ise already said from his fight with Diehausar that the gap between them was 'far too wide' so he can get stronger and still lose to him

DragonOsman
2016-01-11, 08:42
Diehauser can invalidate any special trait, so what's your point? Ise wasn't in good condition anymore, so he also couldn't defend himself with anything. And like I'd said before, Ophis told Ise that "you must finally be satisfied" after the crimson aura he was releasing had intensified to its max level. Convenient timing? Maybe, but it was also seemingly synced directly with the timing of the crimson aura.

Also, note that the color of the armor in DxD mode is crimson and jet-black, with the aura released by black and crimson together. Crimson aura encased by jet-black aura. And there's also the fact that Ddraig called it "Cardinal Crimson Promotion - Diabolos Dragon [DxD]" which implies that it's an extension to the Cardinal Crimson Queen. A part of the Boosted Gear, even though it's power that originated from Ophis.

And look at these quotes from Volume 20, as well:
…You’re wrong, it certainly isn’t any kind of illusion. And it certainly isn’t a lie. The force which is currently driving us is derived from our familial love! Asia is also the same. Yes, she obtained that Balance Breaker by relying on love. Asia and I merely wanted to protect our own family. He was saying that when the crimson aura was still intensifying. And it was right after this that Ophis contacted him and told him "Since you can hear my voice, it must mean that you're finally satisfied". Right after the crimson aura had reached max level.

—In my mind, the chant appeared. I — quietly began to chant

“—The Crimson Red Dragon dwelling within me, awaken from your dominance”

A Crimson glow was emitted from the gem on my right gauntlet.

[—The Crimson Heavenly Dragon I possess within me, rise up to become a King]

Ophis then chanted the next line. At the same time, the gem on my left gauntlet unleashed a jet-black aura.

“—The jet-black God of Infinity”

A crimson aura enveloped my entire body.

[—The glorious Red God of Dreams]

A jet-black aura was encased over it—.

“[Watch over the forbidden existence we shall become that transcends the boundaries]”

My crimson armour was melded with a jet-black colour, and further changes then occurred. My gauntlets, greaves, breastplate, wings had the colour of crimson and black fused together, and their shape also changed. Then, Ophis and I sang the final verse at the same time.

“[—We shall dance like radiance within the inferno!]”

“<<[ D∞D !! D∞D D∞D !! D∞D D∞D D∞D !!!! D∞D D∞D D∞D D∞D D∞D D∞D !!!!!! D∞D D∞D D∞D D∞D D∞D D∞D D∞D D∞D D∞D D∞D D∞D D∞D !!!!!!!! ] >>” [12]

All of the gems resounded with a voice which permeated through to the soul. A ∞ symbol emerged on all of the gems!

“[ <<Dragon ∞ Drive !!!!!!>> ]” [13]

The sensation was somewhat strange; I couldn’t read the original text, and I didn’t understand the final verse.

Ddraig’s and Ophis’ voices amalgamated with each other as they echoed out from the gems. The chant with Ophis and me ended.

Yeah, crimson aura encased by jet-black aura. Crimson from the Cardinal Crimson Queen and jet-black from Ophis.

Also, I think that even though Ise does love all of the girls in the harem, he still loves Rias the most. He even said she was the greatest woman in the world. He doesn't just like her breasts, either, he also loves the color of her hair. When he was dying from Raynare's Spear of Light, the person whose arms he wanted to die in was Rias, and he thought really strongly of her crimson hair at that time. That was what summoned her. And in the fight against Sairaorg, when he was lying on the floor. Again, he thought strongly of Rias and her crimson hair, and that was when that crimson light from her breasts came out and covered him and then colored his armor crimson. And think about this, too: the verse in the chant for Cardinal Crimson Full-Drive that comes right before the name of the form is "And I shall lead you to the path lit by True Crimson Light!". It's all crimson this and crimson that, influenced by the hair-color of the woman he loves.

Edit: One post late.
Thanks, Cake. Agreed.

Biohazardous
2016-01-11, 21:51
I'd like to think it responded to his emotions. The reason his parents love hit him so hard was it lifted a huge burden off him. He no longer had to be concerned if they would accept him if they knew the truth about him. With the weight being lifted he can fully be proud of himself. He would have less doubt about things (parents issue is a doubt about self even if subconscious). He could fight with every thing he has with no hindrance even subconsciously. It wasn't just Ophis power ready it also came at a time when conditions have been met. As far as we know it was ready for some time.

DragonOsman
2016-01-12, 11:08
Ophis said something about Ise "finally being satisfied" as the reason why she could finally reach him. I'm not sure what that really means, though. But yeah, Ise also felt invincible when that crimson aura being emitted from him. He felt invincible from knowing that his parents fully accepted him despite knowing what he is.

Also, another thing to note: when the crimson aura came out, Ise felt that it was a warm aura. Warm and not dangerous. And the aura and pressure from DxD mode was the same. The armor in the form was similar to that of Juggernaut Drive in that it had an organic feel despite being plate armor, but unlike Juggernaut Drive which feels ominous and dangerous, DxD mode felt warm and quiet, but powerful.

Biohazardous
2016-01-12, 12:19
Probably from being at peace within himself and not divided/holding back. We have to wait to learn more after he awakens. If it is the at peace type thing all modes should be different now.

DragonOsman
2016-01-12, 12:29
I wonder if being peace from knowing that his parents accept him will make it easier for him to perfect and master the Cardinal Crimson Queen. It'd be nice if it did.

But weren't there other times when he wasn't holding back or divided during a fight after getting his new body? There's probably something else involved, too. Either that or Ophis' power was ready already and Ise had to reach a state of mind where he was ready for the power, which is close to what you said about him not being divided or holding back. We do probably need a confirmation, though, so a word from Ddraig and/or Ise would be good.

Biohazardous
2016-01-12, 19:55
I think he was always divided. He has mentioned his best friends finding out I assume he also worried about parents at same time.

DragonOsman
2016-01-12, 20:10
But during fights, he always seemed to be giving his all. I don't think he holds back during fights. He may have been kind of divided in thoughts like you said, but he's never held back in fights that much (except in special occasions, like when he didn't know how strong Millicas really is).

Biohazardous
2016-01-12, 22:18
Thats where my part of subconscious plays a part where I bring this all up. Now he is so at peace with himself even his aura is different.

KnightShade
2016-01-14, 15:48
any spoilers for this yet?

Chichiryuushintei
2016-01-14, 16:32
No.

Fuq10char

Biohazardous
2016-01-14, 17:22
Think spoilers come around a month or so before its release date.

KnightShade
2016-01-14, 17:29
Think spoilers come around a month or so before its release date.

do you mean after? dx2 already came out

Chichiryuushintei
2016-01-14, 17:33
Yeah, it's weird we didn't even get some shred of info after a month.

Biohazardous
2016-01-14, 20:42
Oh hehe thought we was waiting on more thats why we have no info. :p

Gary29
2016-01-15, 09:10
Raws still aren't out, Google was no help, and the one ounce of info I found on Twitter got deleted. :heh:

Shit. I really wanna read this volume. As soon as I get ahold of a copy I'm spoiling it for everyone.

Chichiryuushintei
2016-01-15, 09:14
^Thanks. :D

DragonOsman
2016-01-15, 11:20
Yeah, it'd be very much appreciated. Thanks, Gary.

Biohazardous
2016-01-15, 21:04
Hope you find it soon Gary. :)

amtro
2016-01-17, 08:23
Just buy it on bookwalker. I'm not really interested in this volume so I won't stick my neck out to share it.

DragonOsman
2016-01-17, 11:27
What? Not interested? Why? Give me one good reason why someone wouldn't be interested in a HS DxD side story.

Gary29
2016-01-17, 11:53
What? Not interested? Why? Give me one good reason why someone wouldn't be interested in a HS DxD side story.

Chill. It doesn't matter why, he just isn't. And a lack of DX2 info won't kill you or anything... v20 translations resume soon and v21 teasers aren't that far off either. Plus this new anime season is incredible~

Chichiryuushintei
2016-01-17, 12:03

Not everyone is obligated to be interested in anything just because you think they should.

DragonOsman
2016-01-17, 12:23
That's not exactly what I meant, though, but you're right. I just wanted to know the reason.

@Gary: Are you saying that the HS DxD anime Season 4 is out? Or am I misunderstanding?

Chichiryuushintei
2016-01-17, 12:25
I think he meant the current airing anime season. I don't exactly agree, since I'm only watching 4, but I guess there are a lot of anime that'd be considered good.

Hakai
2016-01-17, 12:39
This season is pretty average for me as the only ones that really keeps me waiting is Kono subarashii sekai and Saijaku

========================

Anyone got some info on the let's go with training chapter?
It has ''Saji getting totally raped by level 999999 Maous'' apparently so I'm very interested :heh:

DragonOsman
2016-01-17, 12:45
I'm also interested in that.

On a slightly unrelated note (because it's about DX.1), who's going to translate the Extra Life and the Afterword?

Chichiryuushintei
2016-01-17, 12:53
I think the guy who's translating Dx. 1 said he/she'll only finish it in February because of tests.

amtro
2016-01-18, 02:27
That's not exactly what I meant, though, but you're right. I just wanted to know the reason.

@Gary: Are you saying that the HS DxD anime Season 4 is out? Or am I misunderstanding?

I'm really only interested in the main series volumes and EX. Count yourself lucky I've already shared those.

Biohazardous
2016-01-18, 08:55
TY Amtro. :)

anthonygarbage
2016-03-30, 08:05
did someone got anything from this dx2 and would be glad to share.....

vj007
2016-05-01, 03:00

Life.1 Oppai is the Sun
Life.2 Student Council's Decision
Life.3 Let's Go with Training
Life.4 Worship☆Dragon-God Girl
Life.5 Nekomata☆Ninja Scroll
Life.6 Maniac's Sanctuary
Life.DX Hyakki Yako and Pandemonium

anthonygarbage
2016-05-02, 02:39
Do you have it?

BBdBike
2016-05-20, 04:53
Highschool DxD DX Vol 2

Life. 1 (Oppai is the Sun): Straight after Vol 9

Life. 2 (Student Council’s Decision): After “Oppai is the Sun”

Life. 3 (Let’s Go with Training): After Vol 10

Life. 4 (Worship Dragon-God Girl): After Vol 13

Life. 5 (Neokmata Ninja Scroll):Within Vol 14

Life. 6 (Maniac’s Sanctuary): After Vol 17

Life. EX (Hyakki Yako and Pandemonium): After Vol 18

DX 2 timeline relative to main DxD volumes

Ruki0089
2016-07-09, 03:17
Just finished reading life. 4 (Worship Dragon-God Girl)
All I can say is that was a good one... though when ise and Azazel received Divine punishment, that made the ending so much better

aw454wtr
2016-07-11, 04:34
Now will they build a shrine for Great Red too? He is also a dragon god, they might make a statue of a Harley bike as his Idol

Ruki0089
2016-07-23, 01:30
So... three great faction want ninja for themselves huh... also ophis slaps can made someone fly... lol so scary

DragonOsman
2016-07-23, 14:26
Yeah. The name she gave it also cracked me up. Like I said on the Skype Group, it's in the same vein as Kakashi's One-Thousand Years of Pain from the Naruto manga. That one was just a really powerful ass-poke, while this one is just a really powerful (God-class? :heh::p) slap.

I felt sorry for Ise in regards to the Yeti, though. I mean, come on. Really? The Yuki-Onna is a snow gorilla, while the freaking Yeti, for which it'd make more sense to be a gorilla or some other kind of monster, is a normal-looking man? What's wrong with the world in this series? And Rias is even saying that it's completely normal?! :twitch:

Which one is "Oppai is the Sun," though? Is it the one where we find out why Ise likes breasts so much (the one with the old man who told children stories about breasts), or is it a different one? And what about "Let's Go With Training" and "Maniac's Sanctuary"? I'm sure I've read the others (aside from maybe "Worship Dragon God Girl"), though I may have to make sure later that I've read all of "Student Council's Decision" (I did read it, but I'm not sure if I finished reading it :uhoh:).

Anyway, whoever is translating these: Thanks a lot, guys! [if it's not just one person doing all of them.]

Bigmac
2016-07-23, 19:58
Oppai is the Sun is the one with Poseidon I think.

LowCholesterol
2016-07-23, 22:28
Yeah. The name she gave it also cracked me up. Like I said on the Skype Group, it's in the same vein as Kakashi's One-Thousand Years of Pain from the Naruto manga. That one was just a really powerful ass-poke, while this one is just a really powerful (God-class? :heh::p) slap.

I felt sorry for Ise in regards to the Yeti, though. I mean, come on. Really? The Yuki-Onna is a snow gorilla, while the freaking Yeti, for which it'd make more sense to be a gorilla or some other kind of monster, is a normal-looking man? What's wrong with the world in this series? And Rias is even saying that it's completely normal?! :twitch:

Which one is "Oppai is the Sun," though? Is it the one where we find out why Ise likes breasts so much (the one with the old man who told children stories about breasts), or is it a different one? And what about "Let's Go With Training" and "Maniac's Sanctuary"? I'm sure I've read the others (aside from maybe "Worship Dragon God Girl"), though I may have to make sure later that I've read all of "Student Council's Decision" (I did read it, but I'm not sure if I finished reading it :uhoh:).

Anyway, whoever is translating these: Thanks a lot, guys! [if it's not just one person doing all of them.]

the man who told the children about tits is "memory of oppai"

DragonOsman
2016-07-24, 06:41
Okay, so where are these side-stories? I want to read the ones I haven't read yet.

LowCholesterol
2016-07-24, 07:44
it's on Daniel Yang's blog.

DragonOsman
2016-07-24, 10:26
I noticed that the last two side-stories and the Afterword for Volume 2 aren't translated yet. Is Daniel still going to do them and is just taking a break right now, or what?

Also, I wonder if we can have the translations checked for accuracy? Daniel's apparently translating form a Korean source, and he mentioned on his blog that some meanings may have been lost in translation since it was first translated from Japanese to Korean, and then from Korean to English.

Ariel_Saeba
2016-07-24, 16:49
@Osman, mate, you worry so much about accuracy that it went over your head. Don't worry, Daniel has a QC, as well as n0m@n checking, so he will work just fine.

Sirzechs popped in as Satan Red is always hilarious, and Momochi Tamon-san did not really give a fuck about the Three Factions wanting his help as long as they seriously want to learn ninjutsu. I guess this SS really pokes fun in how Westerns initially view Ninjas during the 80s martial arts craze. :heh:

DragonOsman
2016-07-24, 17:27
On the accuracy: Sounds good, then. I won't worry so much in that case and just read.

I agree with you about Sirzechs and Momochi Tamon.

Edit: I just read "Let's Go With Training" and "Worship Dragon God Girl". I'm surprised by what happened in them, especially the latter one. Would never have guessed that they built a shrine for Ophis on Hyoudou Residence rooftop.

It's good that Ise got to meet a mermaid that looks like the ones from the stories. I knew I could count on the House of Vepar for that. Nice. Thanks, Ishibumi.

Ruki0089
2016-07-25, 08:13
Ise's tsukkomi never tired me... simple but funny...

DragonOsman
2016-07-25, 08:14
Yeah, all of his tsukkomis are great. But are you referring to a specific one right now? If so, which one?

Ruki0089
2016-07-25, 08:15
Yeah, all of his tsukkomis are great. But are you referring to a specific one right now? If so, which one?

I'm talking all of them though...:heh:
In main and side story... all his tsukkomi always made me laugh... especially when everyone considered it normal...:heh:

DragonOsman
2016-07-25, 08:20
Yeah, but I felt sorry for him on the times his dreams about mermaids (aside from those of the House of Vepar) and Yuki-Onna were crushed. Poor Ise. I also felt for him when he saw that Yeti and thought outraged that even though the Yuki-Onna was an ice gorilla, the Yeti was just a normal-looking man. I agree with him in that it should've been the other way around. And it was at the time with the Yeti that Rias said it's completely normal, while with that tuna with legs and the ice gorilla, she did at least try to comfort him.

Ruki0089
2016-07-25, 08:24
Actually N0m@n have mentioned this before that Yuki onna in dxd was actually bishoujo at early age.... but once they reach adulthood they become Real ice Gorilla:heh:
He mentions this when everyone asking about new side story ; Raiser finding Ravel replacements along with ise

DragonOsman
2016-07-25, 16:25
I read about that, so yes, I do know. I was only referring to adult Yuki-Onna in DxD-verse. :heh:

Jedsada
2016-08-19, 23:54
Seekvaira's Short story has been posted and...

Fafnir became a tank (aka panty panzer).

Ruki0089
2016-08-20, 02:49
Ahhh~~<
I'm truly shock right now... she is big mecha otaku even the way she speak also looks like different character...
Hope she joins Ise's harem soon...

Brawlre
2016-08-20, 04:29
:eyespin:Plot twist she is issei's queen.

Darksider555
2016-08-20, 04:39
Where was Seekvaira's Short story posted? Can't find it on baka tsuki?

Ruki0089
2016-08-20, 04:39
Lol~~~:heh:
Well people with same hobby technically get along very fast... though Ise is not really that hardcore...

Brawlre
2016-08-20, 11:23
Here is link to the short story http://danielyang.ninja/?p=957

DragonOsman
2016-08-20, 11:50
:eyespin:Plot twist she is issei's queen.

I don't think Bina (Ise's Queen in Volume 22, in the International Raging Game Tournament) is Seekvaira. Doesn't she already have a Peerage of her own? She can't join someone else's Peerage now. She was born as a High-class Devil, so if, like Ravel, she was already a Piece in someone's Peerage and never had a Peerage of her own, I could've seen her join Ise's or another person's Peerage. But now? Now I doubt it can be done. Impossible.

Anyway, I'll go and read that short story now. Thanks for the link, @Brawlre.

S.Freedom
2016-08-20, 14:55
May I ask why Raval can't have a peerage because she's already Issie's bishop? If being someone's "piece" as you put it disqualifies someone from gaining a peerage, explain how Issie now has one dispite being Rias' pawn?

As for Seekvaira being Issie's Queen. While I agree it's rather unlikely. Keep in mind what little we know about Bina.

A) Her identity is hidden from everyone but Issie and Raval

B. She has the demonic power of a high-class devil

C) She's testing Issie to see if he's qualified to be a king

Now compare that to what we know of Seekaivra and her families responabilities.

DragonOsman
2016-08-20, 15:05
Bina is testing him to see if he'll be good as her own King. Not to see if he'll be a good King in general which is completely different.

And I never said that someone who is already someone else's Piece (if that person is a Reincarnated Devil like Ise) can't be a King of his/her own Peerage, I said that a High-class Devil who already has a Peerage can't then go and join another King's Peerage as well. Read my post more carefully, please.

S.Freedom
2016-08-20, 15:26
Than why did you bring Raval into the discussion than?

As the only similarities Raval and Seekvaira have are that both are females and high class devils.

DragonOsman
2016-08-20, 15:31
Ravel is a High-class Devil, but she's been a Piece from the beginning and was never a King to begin with. And Seekvaira is already a King. That's why.

S.Freedom
2016-08-20, 15:40
And how does one effect the other, because I'm missing the connection honestly.

From a prestige perspective I agree Seekvaira wouldn't become Issie's Queen. Not to mention it would likely be highly frowned upon for her to do so. But political/practicality considerations don't mean she "can't" become his queen. Just that it's really, really unlikely to happen. And likely include adication of her current rank/position.

As for Raval. Yes she's moved from being her mothers, to Riser's and finally Issie's peerage. But I don't see how it precludes her from having her own peerage. From my POV, she simply hasn't invoked her right to have one.

DragonOsman
2016-08-20, 16:04
If Ravel was already a King, she couldn't have joined another King's Peerage without having to first give up her own Peerage in which she's King (probably). She can become King now, though, yes.

As for Seekvaira, you yourself just said the thing I wanted to point out: . . . And likely include adication of her current rank/position. . . . That's what I mainly wanted to say regarding Seekvaira in this discussion: That if she become someone's Servant now, she'd probably have to stop being King of her own Peerage. And I doubt she wants to risk that.

S.Freedom
2016-08-20, 16:50
Ah I see now said the blind man. :heh:

Unfortunately, to the best of my knowledge, the requirements and limitations of joining a peerage is limited. Aside from the fact that evil pieces can't be used on gods.

So while it could theoretically be possible for Seekvaira to be Ise queen. We don't know if a "king" in this case Seekvaira could join another peerage without it adversely effecting her status as king or her clans status as archduke(?).

Which brings me to a question bouncing around my head. Can Rais and or Ise use the success of their peerages to improve the Gremory clans rank?

DragonOsman
2016-08-20, 18:12
Ise is not Issie. He's Issei. And why is there an apostrophe on Rias' name there when you aren't doing anything with possession (the apostrophe is supposed to turn it into a possessive noun in this case)?

We don't really know if a King can really join another Peerage if he/she wasn't in one already without it affecting their situation with their own Peerage. Though I'm sure the Archduke status of Agares House shouldn't be affected if Seekvaira becomes Ise's Queen.

As for your question about Ise and Rias being able to use their Rating Games' success to improve the Gremory clan's rank. It should improve their own standings in the Devils' society, but I'm not sure if the Gremory House could possibly get a promotion from Duke to a higher rank (if that's what you mean).

S.Freedom
2016-08-20, 18:37
Yeah I was asking if the Gremory clan could be promoted to the rank of archduke for example if either of them was successful enough.

So, success in the rating games only determines if you're considered a low/middle/high/ultimate-class devil and not the status of the clan your from.

As I kinda thought it might be a way for certain families to rebuild their status and such.

B214
2016-08-20, 18:58
The position of the clans is fixed, there's no promotion for the clans. Even after the Gremory produced a Maou, their status remains the same.

As for why Ravel is not a King, since she opted to join Riser's team, she most likely had to abandon her right to become a King like Rias, Rias did receive her Evil Pieces at an earlier age than the current Ravel. Grayfia and Kuisha seem to be in the same situation, they became Queen for someone else. As for why Ise and Tannin can be a King & Pawn/Queen at the same time, remember they're reincarnated Devils, they didn't start off as High-class Devils, they had to gain promotion to become one in order to receive Evil Pieces, in contrast Ravel, Grayfia and Kuisha were all at least High-class Devil from the start.

Brawlre
2016-08-20, 20:59
Just cause they aren't reincarnated Devils doesn't mean they can't a have peerage I don't remember it being stated that you lose the right to have a peerage if you become the member of another devils peerage even if you are a pure blood you can simply choose not too have a team. Also the reason rias got her pieces at a early age is cause her parents allowed her too[if I'm correct] and it was never shown if ravel did or didn't have evil pieces. And the king piece is forbidden when become a high class all you do is stand in front of a statue.

S.Freedom
2016-08-20, 21:05
If I'm remembering it right, which is iffy since my memory can play tricks with me in these sort of situations.

But Raval was originally her mothers bishop, who then traded her to Riser who traded her back to their mother after the Gremory/Pheonix rating game back in volume 2(?). So I'm not entirely sure Raval had a choice in becoming one of her mothers bishops. Since I don't remember it ever being stated when she became one of her mothers bishops.

And I'm not completely sold on the either or thing. As I'd be curious to know why a high class devil would have to chose between either serving as someone else's servant or be their own king. Especially since a reincarnated devil like Ise can be both a king and Rias' pawn.

B214
2016-08-20, 22:16
Just cause they aren't reincarnated Devils doesn't mean they can't a have peerage I don't remember it being stated that you lose the right to have a peerage if you become the member of another devils peerage even if you are a pure blood you can simply choose not too have a team. Also the reason rias got her pieces at a early age is cause her parents allowed her too and it was never shown if ravel did or didn't have evil pieces. And the king piece is forbidden when become a high class all you do is stand in front of a statue.

Yeah i made a slight mistake over the King Piece thing, but i'm merely stating from what is shown, Ravel, Kuisha and Grayfia are all Pure-blooded Devils yet they each don't have one presumably because they serve under another Devil.

If I'm remembering it right, which is iffy since my memory can play tricks with me in these sort of situations.

But Raval was originally her mothers bishop, who then traded her to Riser who traded her back to their mother after the Gremory/Pheonix rating game back in volume 2(?). So I'm not entirely sure Raval had a choice in becoming one of her mothers bishops. Since I don't remember it ever being stated when she became one of her mothers bishops.

And I'm not completely sold on the either or thing. As I'd be curious to know [I]why a high class devil would have to chose between either serving as someone else's servant or be their own king. Especially since a reincarnated devil like Ise can be both a king and Rias' pawn.

No Ravel wasn't anyone servant until she became a part of her brother's team. She traded into her mother's team later.

Brawlre
2016-08-20, 22:44
Understand where your coming from but it just wouldn't make sense for a Reincarnated devil too be able to go independent and not a pure blood.

B214
2016-08-20, 22:48
They call it independent but it feels more like a formality, in the end Issei is still Rias' Pawn and Tannin is still Mephisto's Queen. Well it is independent in the sense that Tannin's team is unrelated or maybe i should say unaligned with Mephisto just like how Ise's team will be unaligned with Rias.

S.Freedom
2016-08-20, 22:56
But both Ise and Tannin have their own teams. So what's stopping Raval, Grayfia, and Kuisha from having their own teams beyond not wanting one.

If it's as simple as them not wanting their own peerage out of a sense of loyalty to their respective king, it's one thing. But saying they can't for no other reason than "just because" is kind of lame.

B214
2016-08-20, 23:17
Well it's not as if all High-class Devil have to own a set of Evil Pieces, so i suppose it's more to their free will.

Variabug
2016-08-21, 00:33
Just read Seekavira's story...and I honestly have no idea what the hell I just read. All I know is that Ischibumi just wanted to let his otakuness go out in full force for at least one story.

DragonOsman
2016-08-21, 07:01
Like B214 said, even if it's said they're "independent," they're still part of their Master's Peerage. Ise is and always will be Rias' Pawn. Mephisto just allows Tannin to do as he pleases, but he's still Tannin's King and Master. Rias will also allow Ise to participate in Rating Games with his own team, but whenever she has a match, he'll have to participate in it as her Pawn (unless he has a match with his own team scheduled at the same time, in which case she'd have to substitute him out for another Pawn or other Pawns).

And yeah, maybe Ravel, Kuisha and Grayfia could become Kings of their own Peerages if they wanted to, but they probably just choose not to.

@Variabug: I still have to read that. I read a part of it, but I have to finish reading the currently updated chapters of Gakusen first.

Edit: I have a question (I'm reading the Mecha Otaku Seekvaira's side-story, so it's about that). Alivian, Seekvaira's male Queen and butler, says to his Master, “Seekvaira-sama. Sekiryuutei-sama is in an awkward situation. Please, since he’s Rias-sama’s fiancé go easy on him.”. It was when she was getting excited upon finding out that Ise had just been working on a Gundam pla-model before she arrived. Ise didn't seem to be surprised on hearing that he's Rias' fiancé, so I was just wondering if either he hadn't noticed it or he actually knew already. If it's the latter, though, then how come he proposed to Rias in Volume 22? If he already knows that she's his fiancée, he should also know that he doesn't need to propose to her himself anymore. I'm confused.

And it's also interesting because it seems that perhaps everyone in the Devils' society might know already that Rias and Ise are engaged.

S.Freedom
2016-08-21, 09:39
Typical male denseness perhaps?:p

That or perhaps Ise wanted to be traditional and ask her to marry him. To an extent, what guy wouldn't want to propose to the women he loves. Even if on a technicality they're already engaged.

DragonOsman
2016-08-21, 11:18
It'd be great if it's the latter.

By the way, a lot of people were saying that it's in "Maniac's Sanctuary" that Elmenhilde falls in love with Ise and becomes more likable. Well, I read it just now, but there's no mention of Elmenhilde in it whatsoever. So did I misunderstand that it was this one? If so, where is the side-story where that happened?

Darksider555
2016-08-21, 11:58
Like B214 said, even if it's said they're "independent," they're still part of their Master's Peerage. Ise is and always will be Rias' Pawn. Mephisto just allows Tannin to do as he pleases, but he's still Tannin's King and Master. Rias will also allow Ise to participate in Rating Games with his own team, but whenever she has a match, he'll have to participate in it as her Pawn (unless he has a match with his own team scheduled at the same time, in which case she'd have to substitute him out for another Pawn or other Pawns).

And yeah, maybe Ravel, Kuisha and Grayfia could become Kings of their own Peerages if they wanted to, but they probably just choose not to.

@Variabug: I still have to read that. I read a part of it, but I have to finish reading the currently updated chapters of Gakusen first.

Edit: I have a question (I'm reading the Mecha Otaku Seekvaira's side-story, so it's about that). Alivian, Seekvaira's male Queen and butler, says to his Master, “Seekvaira-sama. Sekiryuutei-sama is in an awkward situation. Please, since he’s Rias-sama’s fiancé go easy on him.”. It was when she was getting excited upon finding out that Ise had just been working on a Gundam pla-model before she arrived. Ise didn't seem to be surprised on hearing that he's Rias' fiancé, so I was just wondering if either he hadn't noticed it or he actually knew already. If it's the latter, though, then how come he proposed to Rias in Volume 22? If he already knows that she's his fiancée, he should also know that he doesn't need to propose to her himself anymore. I'm confused.

And it's also interesting because it seems that perhaps everyone in the Devils' society might know already that Rias and Ise are engaged.

Maybe he knows they are engaged but wants to be traditional about it and ask her by himself. But I guess he only feels he can propose to her when he becomes a High-class Devil himself. Since she can't marry a devil of lower status. Similary, the reason Rias or her family don't tell him is that Rias wants to be proposed to. She likes to do things like a normal girl. She does have a maiden-like obsession with love.

Does anyone else feel that Rias has a habit of waiting for Ise to take the initiative? (Calling her name, becoming intimate & being engaged?)

DragonOsman
2016-08-21, 12:13
Yeah, I do get the feeling that she wants him to take the initiative, though that's only natural with him being a boy and all. Though the girl has to take the initiative in some relationships.

By the way, when you say "thighs," the word you should've used was "things". Think about it. You should see why.

I hope someone knowledgeable will give me an answer to my question about Maniac's Sanctuary and where the side-story where Elmenhilde falls in with Ise is since Maniac's Sanctuary isn't the one.

Darksider555
2016-08-21, 12:32
Yeah, I do get the feeling that she wants him to take the initiative, though that's only natural with him being a boy and all. Though the girl has to take the initiative in some relationships.

By the way, when you say "thighs," the word you should've used was "things". Think about it. You should see why.

I hope someone knowledgeable will give me an answer to my question about Maniac's Sanctuary and where the side-story where Elmenhilde falls in with Ise is since Maniac's Sanctuary isn't the one.

Ah, sorry for the typo. I just got back from a trip so I'm a bit tired... As for the story where Elmenhilde falls for Ise is called Worldly Desire of Steel. I belive that Ise and Asia visit Ise' grandma and run into Seekvaira and Elmenhilde. Also it seems that Ise's lewdness was passed from his grandma to him. Seeing as she asked if she would see her great-grandchild after Ise and Asia came back :)

DragonOsman
2016-08-21, 12:46
Then if Ise's grandmother is still alive when Ex and his half-siblings are born, wouldn't she be happy to see them? They'd be the great-grandchildren she wanted to see, after all. :heh:

As for Worldly Desire of Steel, where is it?

Darksider555
2016-08-21, 12:53
Then if Ise's grandmother is still alive when Ex and his half-siblings are born, wouldn't she be happy to see them? They'd be the great-grandchildren she wanted to see, after all. :heh:

As for Worldly Desire of Steel, where is it?

Worldly Desire of Steel isn't translated, I just read about it from others who posted a bit of spoilers. But for me, I think that the Hyoudou family members are lewd and place a great deal of importance on kids. Hell, even Ise himself is a friend of all children and treats them kindly. Plus he also curbstomps anyone that threatens them.

DragonOsman
2016-08-21, 13:10
Is being kind to kids really so rare? I don't get it.

But Ise's parents always apologize for and are ashamed of Ise being so perverted. And even if his dad is perverted, his mom doesn't seem to be.

Darksider555
2016-08-21, 13:14
For being kind to kids, no it's not rare.

But as for Ise's mom not being erotic. She didn't mind Asia wearing a naked apron.

DragonOsman
2016-08-21, 13:21
If it's not rare, why is it such a big deal that Ise is like that?

But yeah, you got me about Ise's mom. But she couldn't be as perverted as Ise, could she? Though we don't know how perverted Ise's parents are, exactly.

Darksider555
2016-08-21, 14:01
Well it's not that Ise being kind is a big deal to those who know about his true personality (like the readers and ORC) but to the rest of his school peers he is nothing more than a perverted idiot.

Brawlre
2016-08-21, 14:23
About the king thing I'm just gonna agree to disagree until ishibumi says something about it.

DragonOsman
2016-08-21, 15:56
And ignore the implications? Even though Ishibumi might never explicitly confirm or deny what we said? Alright, be my guest.

@Darksider555: True. Though the only people who know his true personality might only people connected to the supernatural world. And Matsuda and Motohama, to an extent.

Brawlre
2016-08-21, 16:42
Well I don't care if he ever talks about it the main reason I read it is for the entire story not just one of the factors in the storyline. Anyway I wonder if ishibumi would ever consider making a short about ise coming to see his kids at school

DragonOsman
2016-08-21, 16:43
In 200 years. If he's too busy to even come to school for them. Or maybe he isn't too busy for even that (I hope he isn't).

Ruki0089
2016-09-30, 04:11
Kunou got power up because of her friendship with Ophis!! Seems Ophis once again didn't realize she her blessing to kunou.... Koryuu(fox dragon) ~~

DragonOsman
2016-09-30, 06:02
Yeah. But is it really true that Ophis blessing Kunou wasn't shown in any side-story and it was said in passing that it happened? Or is there a side-story that shows it?

DragoMuseveni
2016-09-30, 12:24
I just finished reading Hyakki Yako and Pandemonium .
I loved how Ophis slapped Nurarihyon :heh:

DragonOsman
2016-09-30, 13:09
Where's that SS? I want to read it, but B-T doesn't have it.

DragoMuseveni
2016-09-30, 14:23
You can find that SS on daniel blog

DragonOsman
2016-09-30, 16:57
I'm reading it right now. Pretty interesting. But don't tell me the whole serious business with Nurariyhion will turn out to be a joke or a gag? I'm already expecting the thing with him taking Kunou to just be all harmless fun like he said, but it'd be hilarious if it all good reduced to a joke. Typical DxD side-stories.

Ariel_Saeba
2016-09-30, 22:28
Yet another Slash/Dog spoiler revealed with Nurarihyon.

DragonOsman
2016-10-01, 02:56
It's probably to encourage people to read Slash/Dog. I'm not complaining, though, since it's a good story and people should read it.

I loved Ise's newer version of Dress Break. But does he really have to cross the two in the future so he can break any weird spells on the girls and also destroy their clothes? I guess this just goes to show you that it's really Ise, huh? :heh:

And Ophis' ass slap on Nurarihyon cracked me up. Way to go, Ophis!

I saw something interesting in DX.2's Afterword, too, though. Apparently, Ishibumi based Seekvaira on himself. He's also a huge mecha and plastic-model maniac.

Royalknightftw
2016-10-01, 09:46
Talking about Slash Dog, any info about the upcoming volume?
I would love to see Slash/Dog reaching 10+ volume so that we can get more info about Grigori, 5 great families and magicians.

Back to DX2 discussion, Based on the Nuraihiyon story, i guess Youkai will be more prominent in this series

DragonOsman
2016-10-01, 09:55
I don't know about the main story Volumes, but it does seem like Ishibumi wants to write more side stories about Youkais. I guess we'll see.

beast 666
2016-10-14, 20:04
I have to admit that I liked the short stories of the DX.2 in general, is that the history of Hyakki Yako and Pandemonium was somewhat disappointing and my opinion somewhat unnecessary, since the history of the short story was just a whim or some kind of joke by Nurarihyor by a side (though I have to admit that I like the idea of that place to the well known from Japanese mythology yokai Nurarihyor, and show it as it really was incredible, including their appearance), but what I don't like is, why sh% & Nurarihyor has that kidnap to Kuno, this was something extremely unnecessary and something that does not go with the attitude of the character really forced (at that time looked like some sort of child who does something strange to entertain, the salvageable is that had well deserved the ass slap that gave ophis!) , sincerely do some kidnapping only for train is and do fights a little unnecessary was an action that not haria a Youkai (much less Nurarihyor, after all are speaking of the leader of the Youkai, so should take actions prudent, though is them youkai also make actions a little strange after all are entities malignant), but good this only is my opinion , as said it earlier the history in general of the short stories I like, except for the last details that I said earlier.

What I liked most of the epilogue was the mention of the first work of ichieI "DENPACHI", which I would like to read it to know more as I was writing and structure of stories of ichei above, indeed Denpachi has any relationship to Slash/dog and DXD?

DragonOsman
2016-10-15, 10:30
Just because he's a youkai probably shouldn't automatically mean he's bad or will do malignant or otherwise bad or mischievous things. But this being DxD, it should be expected that Norarihyon would do goofy things that don't seem like the kind of things a leader of youkai would do.

bluestahli1
2016-10-15, 19:14
People in the DxD verse sure are weird

beast 666
2016-11-06, 19:40
well, this news already has a week since is public, but as I see that nobody publishes nothing to the respect, so here this the cover of the Dx.3, that indeed already is has rumored his so-called index in 4 / chan /, so still not there is an index official.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CwJLs5dUMAAHU19.jpg

By the way Xenovia is looks beautiful

Yye1
2016-11-06, 22:20
^Is that Issei's team uniform?

B214
2016-11-06, 22:59
^Is that Issei's team uniform?

If you compare it with Ravel's one, most likely.

DragonOsman
2016-11-07, 18:11
Yeah, I agree with Beast. Xenovia looks great in that pic.

Kamijou Touma IB
2016-11-08, 14:39
I agree that uniform looks great on Xenovia.

Ruki0089
2016-11-10, 11:10
Kurosu x Kuraisu? Cross x Chris? That's the title??
By the way, i wonder if the uniform that Xenovia wears is Ise's team uniform? She looks so good with it!!

beast 666
2016-11-17, 18:27
With respect to the title of Cross by Chris here is an index not confirmed of the dx.3 (not is official so that is prove to be fallible)

1. crisis on the cross.
2. Asia, the friend of the Sekiryuutei.
3. Go into special training with...
4. test of talent of the Student Council.
5. strong desires sex.
6. What is written in the life.

well, there is a filtered image of the Dx.3, by the way not me convinced the image (I wonder why Xenovia goes to the beach and removed the BRA).

https://scontent-lax3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-0/s526x395/15095036_292682887795721_4393930504692095096_n.jpg ?oh=8d27fcb69ff9ded9534d1ad3f18c8658&oe=58C606A7 Link uncensored
https://yande.re/post/show/374891

DragonOsman
2016-11-18, 07:00
I think she's telling Ise to rub that stuff she has in her hand on her. She removed her bra to tempt him because she knows about his tastes. It's not too far-fetched. And besides, it's not like anyone aside from Asia, Ravel and Ise can see her. The beach itself might also be completely reserved to just Ise and Co.

Ruki0089
2016-11-18, 07:22
Xenovia : Ise, will you put this lotion on my breast?
Ise : YES MAA'M~!
*jump at her

my imagination runs wild~!