PDA

View Full Version : High School DxD Light Novel - Speculation/Theories on Future Plot

Pages : [1] 2 3

relentlessflame
2016-02-04, 22:58
The purpose of this thread is to discuss your speculation and theories on the future direction of the plot of the High School DxD Light Novel. To participate in this thread, you are expected to already be familiar with the current volume and everything before it, so there is no need for spoiler tags. However, please do not post actual teasers/spoilers about future content in this thread; this should only be for your own speculation and theories, not spoilers.

Please stay on-topic.
No shipping talk
No pointless chatter
No posting raws or source illustrations
No posting translations of the source itself
No asking about when translations will be done
No posts only to update people about translation status (or to just say that something's "out")
No posts only to thank translators (please us PM or VM instead)

If you want to discuss a related topic, please feel free to request another thread be created about that topic.

kusabireika
2016-02-04, 23:30
I hope that Vali can achieve what Issei can "Dragon's Transformation" or Sirzech's True Form I hope that Vali gain Devil/Demon Transformation like Sirzech but more menacing a Silver Devil with dragon power on Volume 21 "Vali's Volume". ^^ :heehee:
http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk308/0kusabireika0/Kanade%20Emoticon/Kanade057_zps7c4eab13.jpg

Chris38
2016-02-05, 00:10
@kusabireika

Well, I think that Sirzechs 'true form' is something that is unique to him alone ... which is the reason why he is considered as a Super Devil.

Although I agree that it's possible that Vali will gain some transformation / power up from his Lucifer origins, which haven't got a lot of focus in LN so far.

After all ... it's IMHO the only thing that can make Vali more or less keep up with the power ups that Ise has been getting in the last few volumes.

Still, I wouldn't give too much details about what this power up might be, since the possibilities are pretty much ... endless.

kusabireika
2016-02-05, 00:23
@Chris38: either that or unlocking another hidden potential of Albion's Divine Dividing that doesn't exist on Boosted Gear perhaps, uhm how about you if you gonna speculate Vali's power-up what will it be I hope it's ok to ask. ^^? :heehee:
http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk308/0kusabireika0/Kanade%20Emoticon/Kanade032_zpsfc71cde9.jpg

Variabug
2016-02-05, 03:30
In all honesty its kinda hard to figure out where the series will go next. We do know that Ishibumi has talked about having an arc centered around the Hindu Gods (as they are technically the strongest mythology within the DXD Universe) so they might become the main antagonists after Trihexa.

I'm also guessing that we might see developments from character relationships (or relationship) that was mentioned in EX (you can go there to see what up if need be, don't want to spoil its). With Kunou, Bennia, and Le Fay going to their respective branches of Kuoh Academy they'll probably become more active members of the cast and their relationships with Issei will probably be explored more. Although I don't think any of them have a planned LN to themselves unfortunately. I personally would see Issei gaining his peerage at this point, especially if this is the final arc of the series and thus we'll either have known characters (Abe, Xenovia, Asia, etc) either transfer or become a part of his peerage. Possibly with Rias gaining some new pieces as well. I've had a hunch for awhile that Kiryuu "Scouter" glasses might actually be a sacred gear, and with her discovering the supernatural world she'll probably gain a larger role within the series, possibly become another member of the harem/peerage in the future. I don't know how popular she is within the fandom, so who knows. I wouldn't be surprised if Kuroka becomes a part of the potential peerage. She has been a major contender for awhile and considering that she does get a child in EX I wouldn't be surprised if she wasn't a member. This could also explore more about the Rating games and Evil Pieces as Akuja made the whole system with a bunch of secrets that having the main character explore would be interesting, especially since Issei is a madness magnet as is harem/ecchi protagonist tradition.

With the ending of EX we do know the futures of a couple characters within the series. Vali himself gets some pretty...interesting tidbits so I wouldn't be surprised if we saw his character development head in that direction. Issei also shows up with a new power so that might also be shown later in the series as well.

Ophis and Lilith are two characters whose future was not explored. We do know that Ophis herself is hurt, but Lilith (who has most of Ophis' power) is okay. The question will be if they fuse of stay separate. It'll be interesting whether or not Ishibumi will make her a part of the harem, as I do know there are at least a few people who want that (although it might be those crazy crack shippers at it again).

Back to Vali real quick, I have an inkling that Lilith may have something to do with Vali's powerup. He already has superior potential with being a descendant of Lucifer, having the power of the Infinite Dragon might just put him on a more equal plane with Issei.

B214
2016-02-05, 03:40
Ishibumi already hinted strongly on the Malebolge the 12 Heinous criminals of the Underworld on his blog, so they may become the villains of the next arc.

Bigmac
2016-02-05, 06:12
I would like to see some relationship development between Rias and Issei. Maybe him taking her on a date. That would be interesting to read. I also want Kiba to make a move on Tsubaki. Less fighting more character development please.

Also seeing Ophis and Lilith interacting with each other could be fun.

Hakai
2016-02-05, 08:14
Like a lot of others, i too would like this volume to be more slice of life-ish but I doubt we're getting that
It's supposed to be Vali's volume with Ise getting a lots of focus as well and it's apparently going to have foreshadowing of some big plot twist

Gary29
2016-02-05, 08:30
From what Ishibumi has said, I don't think we're getting any real slice of life until the next arc. Vol. 21's meant to be darker than normal, has the fate of the universe and potentially another Devil civil war as the focus, and foreshadows the next arc.

I'd be happy if next arc was on the Malebolge rather than the Hindu Gods. That leaves more time to develop the series (particularly in relation to Ise and his harem/peerage, maybe a bit more universe backstory).

LowCholesterol
2016-02-05, 09:14
From what Ishibumi has said, I don't think we're getting any real slice of life until the next arc. Vol. 21's meant to be darker than normal, has the fate of the universe and potentially another Devil civil war as the focus, and foreshadows the next arc.

I'd be happy if next arc was on the Malebolge rather than the Hindu Gods. That leaves more time to develop the series (particularly in relation to Ise and his harem/peerage, maybe a bit more universe backstory).

devil civil war? that would be interesting. but the question is, who will start the war? i didn't think Great king faction will pick a fight with current maou faction. or Hades will do a little conspiracy again?

and if Hades do that, your suggestion about Malebolge arc would be good. also it was nearly impossible for DxD team to fight the Hindu god.

note to self : i guess i need a rest, i misread your post. i read Malebulge instead of Malebolge

DragonOsman
2016-02-05, 10:47
What's Malebolge? Is it related to the Gae-Bolg?

I'm with Gary on his prediction. There probably won't be any Slice-of-Life stuff until after the next arc.

@Kusabireika: Why do you want Vali to only get the abilities of Albion's that Ise doesn't have yet? Wouldn't it be good for him to also get Reflect, since it's supposed to Albion's ability from before he was sealed like Penetrate is for Ddraig? I actually want Vali to get Reflect.

LowCholesterol
2016-02-05, 11:05
here ya go osman
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Malebolge?_e_pi_=7%2CPAGE_ID10%2C7999364313

Chichiryuushintei
2016-02-05, 11:07
There's definitely not going to be slice-of-life next volume. Though I do want Ishi to make the volumes of next arc more slice-of-life-centric, and maybe hyping up the villains with their own POV instead of confronting Ise and the others directly.

DragonOsman
2016-02-05, 11:13
@LowCholesterol: Ah, I see. Thanks for posting that link.

It'd be interesting to see Ishibumi's version of that in HS DxD, I guess.

Edit: One post late.
@Chichi: I agree with you here. It could be a good experience to get to see things from the villains' point of view for a change.

Ariel_Saeba
2016-02-06, 16:22
Ishibumi already hinted strongly on the Malebolge the 12 Heinous criminals of the Underworld on his blog, so they may become the villains of the next arc.

Oh yes. More reference and (faithful, I hope) adaptation to Dante's Divine Comedy (in particular Inferno) is always a plus IMO. They are also a good platform for continuing the Devil Civil War that the Old Maou Faction has left off with the 13 demonic Malebranches (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Malebranche_%28Divine_Comedy%29) being the mastermind to continue the Civil War, and have the power to match.

Chichiryuushintei
2016-02-06, 19:15
I think Ishi made it pretty clear so far he doesn't care about being faithful to mythologies as much as just doing his own thing with them.

Ariel_Saeba
2016-02-06, 19:49
Well, he does. What I mean faithful here is that Ishi makes these mythological characters play as much as their roles in their own myths allow, by the way. Ishi can make any kind of characterization or looks as much as it fits with the whole story (he did a pretty good job with most myths featured so far).

As much as fighting goes, it would be great to see the group outsmarts Malacoda and the Malebranche (if they indeed become the main villain of the next arc) rather than by brute strength.

DragonOsman
2016-02-06, 20:35
If Ise's involved in the fight, even if tactics are involved, raw power will still play a role too.

But if Ishi does do it, it might be good. So I'll look forward to the possibility.

Ariel_Saeba
2016-02-07, 06:36
Well, their characterization in Inferno puts them in trickster territory. This makes me also hope that Sona (with Saji) and Seekvaira will have more direct role in this arc rather than being background characters.

Chichiryuushintei
2016-02-07, 07:38
Well, Loki is also a trickster in the original myth, so you shouldn't get your hopes too high.

I'm also pretty sure it was said those Malebranche guys are Maou-Class, so Saji and Sona are already out of question. If Ise with CCQ can't fight a Maou-Class, Saji would just be stomped.

kizrock94
2016-02-08, 03:24
I want naked bodies
More naked bodies
More more naked bodies
And boobs

BladeMancer
2016-02-08, 03:34
I want naked bodies
More naked bodies
More more naked bodies
And boobs
It's a Vali volume. If anything he likes a good ass.

DragonOsman
2016-02-08, 20:48
But he isn't as open about this fetish as Ise is about his, so we won't get any butts. And once Ise wakes up, it's back to boobs.

@Chichi: Maybe Ishi will handle other trickster characters better? Who knows? Also, Ise as of now should be strong enough to handle Maou-Class characters, right? Especially in Diabolos Dragon, since he was able to beat Rizevim even with part of his power being invalidate because of the Sacred Gear Canceler. But yeah, Cardinal Crimson Queen and Diabolos Dragon (the latter one even more so since it's Ophis' power) are leaps and bounds above Saji's level of power. That's a given.

But if Sona really uses her brain, though, the Sitri group might be able to pull of combos and tactics that could theoretically take down even Maou-Class opponents. They do need power to with it, though, which is where Ise and Gift ability could come in handy (and of course, he could also fight where needed, as well as other members of Rias' group that could help in Sona's plan).

Chichiryuushintei
2016-02-08, 21:16
Of course he could, I'm just saying that nothing indicates he could. So I won't getting my hopes up. Not that I am a fan of trickster characters in the first place.

Ise in CCQ was barely able to put up a fight against Diehauser, who is Maou-Class. So, no, without D×D, he can't.

In a fight against Maou-Classes, keeping the powerhouse as support is stupid. Ise was good for that role in v14 because they were just fighting fodder, but then was sent to the front line when Grendel appeared.

Hakai
2016-02-09, 02:28
I'd expect Crimson Ise to be at least able to handle Maou Class now

To begin with Diehausar was a bad match up since he could invalidate Sekiryuutei's doubling power
Sairaorg or Grendel who are pure power types would do a better job against Diehausar compared to Ise

And then we have Azazel saying Ise's Sacred Gear powers must have increased because of the happiness of being accepted by his parents

Amuris
2016-02-09, 02:56
Ise wasn't able to hit Diehausar with our without CCQ. He might be able to handle a weaker member of the Maou-class but the issue with Diehausar was that there was to much of a gap in skill.

sunsengnim
2016-02-09, 03:25
Ise wasn't able to hit Diehausar with our without CCQ. He might be able to handle a weaker member of the Maou-class but the issue with Diehausar was that there was to much of a gap in skill.

He would've been if it was not for Worthlessness which is even more broken then Rizevim's sacred gear canceller.
It nullified all of Issei's power which means his punches had nothing behind them.

The real point of this discussion should be how retardedly broken Diehauser is with the king piece and worthlessness.

Which brings us to another matter how bad is Ishibumi really at giving people god damned power levels?!

Which brings us to even another question is Diehauser SO BROKEN that he can nullify Issei's DxD mode or Sirzechs Destruction mode?

Seriously Ishibumi should stop and think about this shit.
Feels more like he's just slapping broken powers left and right for giggles which is turning the fights shittier.

I want them to be manly power fights like Issei vs Sairaorg/Grendel.

I just hope Issei's DxD mode is as BROKEN as it's seeming to be or i'm going to be pissed.

Hakai
2016-02-09, 03:33
Which brings us to even another question is Diehauser SO BROKEN that he can nullify Issei's DxD mode or Sirzechs Destruction mode
He can't, Rizevim who entirely cancels Ise and Vali's armor with just one touch couldn't do shit to Dxd
Supposedly because of the 'infinite' power of that mode according to Ddraig

Sirzechs is 10x Lucifer and Diehausar is only Maou Class, I think the answer should be obvious on this one as well

sunsengnim
2016-02-09, 03:44
He can't, Rizevim who entirely cancels Ise and Vali's armor with just one touch couldn't do shit to Dxd
Supposedly because of the 'infinite' power of that mode according to Ddraig

Sirzechs is 10x Lucifer and Diehausar is only Maou Class, I think the answer should be obvious on this one as well

We have no idea if it works the same the rules may be completely different.

Because worthlessness works on everything and anything sacred gear canceller only works on sacred gears.
Which means it's vastly superior in that aspect it's obvious the "power threshold" should be higher as well.

Chichiryuushintei
2016-02-09, 05:09
Diehauser can't nullify power, only abilities. He nullified Ise's [Boost], and then took his normal punches. And he was able to dodge Ise's [Penetrate]-infused punches pretty damn easily.

sunsengnim
2016-02-09, 06:21
Diehauser can't nullify power, only abilities. He nullified Ise's [Boost], and then took his normal punches. And he was able to dodge Ise's [Penetrate]-infused punches pretty damn easily.

Issei in that one vs one connected several punches and dragon beams alike.

I had forgotten it was abilities thanks for pointing that out my argument still stands though.

Diehauser is broken and thanks to him rating games are going to leave a very nasty after taste in my mouth knowing someone like him stands as nr.1.

I wish Ishibumi would spend some time thinking on how broken he's making characters and what impact that course has on the story and the fights not to mention how it reflects on his MC.

Fights are just getting worse and worse i just hope he doesn't keep introducing bullshit abilities like this.

kusabireika
2016-02-09, 06:24
@sunsengnim: uhm maybe Diehauser worthless consumed mana or stamina to use properly. T_T :T_T:
http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk308/0kusabireika0/Emoticons/EcoIn.cOM.vN-Emo-Cat-Star-1_zpsm4bx1o7l.gif

Gary29
2016-02-09, 08:29
Diehauser is broken and thanks to him rating games are going to leave a very nasty after taste in my mouth knowing someone like him stands as nr.1.

Um, well, since he's the only guy without a King Piece, he sorta needed that ability...

There's likely a limit to how far [Worthlessness] can go. I doubt he could nullify Shiva's abilities, for instance. It's also an incentive for high-ranking Devils to train. :heh:

Fights are just getting worse and worse i just hope he doesn't keep introducing bullshit abilities like this.

I hope that doesn't count the Hindu Gods.

Chichiryuushintei
2016-02-09, 10:31
@Sunsengnim: Diehauser was able to tank Ise's attacks because he's Maou-Class. He wouldn't be able to do shit against, say, Rizevim or Sirzechs. Anyone who's raw power is stronger than him could beat him in a straight fight.

Ise's growth is impressive, but he just isn't very strong compared to everyone else in the world.

Bigmac
2016-02-09, 11:28
It is also possible that his worthlessness ability has a limit. I think Issei in diabolos dragon mode would stomp him.

Sonniday
2016-02-09, 11:41
Wasnt Diehausers ability only useable on "abilities, which specs he understands"?
Hasnt he fought against riser to gain knowledge of the Phoenix Tears Regeneration abilities?
OFC Diabolos would OP him easyly because he doesnt know anything about it →he cant cancel it...

Hakai
2016-02-09, 11:47
._.

Dxd would stomp Diehausar any day of the week even if he somehow became omniscient and had all the knowledge of the world on everything

DragonOsman
2016-02-09, 13:05
^Yep. I agree with that. "Worthlessness" can invalidate abilities, but Ophis' power should be untouchable or else it wouldn't make sense. Even Sacred Gear Canceler couldn't negate it completely.

@Chichi: If it hadn't been for "Worthlessness," I'm pretty sure Ise would've had an easier time against Diehauser. I really doubt he would've made Ise's attacks "Worthless" if they couldn't do much against him in the first place, for one thing.

Chichiryuushintei
2016-02-09, 14:56
Diehauser was able to dodge all of Ise's [Penetrate] attacks. Ise may have had "an easier time", but he still would have had his ass kicked.

sunsengnim
2016-02-09, 19:59
Diehauser was able to dodge all of Ise's [Penetrate] attacks. Ise may have had "an easier time", but he still would have had his ass kicked.

Says he with nothing to back it up since Diehauser has shown nothing except worthless and max evade.

Every attack that was boosted like Issei's punches and beams that connected were worthlessed.

All his attacks with penetrate were evaded the fact Diehauser had to go out of his way to do both those things shows how much they would've hurt if properly connected.

Issei could take Diehauser he wouldn't have done all that if they wouldn't have hurt.

Diehauser was able to tank Ise's attacks because he's Maou-Class. He wouldn't be able to do shit against, say, Rizevim or Sirzechs. Anyone who's raw power is stronger than him could beat him in a straight fight.

Except Diehauser never tanked a single of Issei's attacks he nullified or evaded them.
Did you not read the curb stomping of Rizevim just a few lines below this bullshit fight above?
Not anyone could beat him in a straight power fight remember reflect? divide? penetrate?

I can't even remember the last proper fight Issei had it's all been bullshit the revenge.

Chichiryuushintei
2016-02-09, 21:48
Diehauser didn't negate his attacks, he negated the effect of [Boost].

Uh, no. If you can dodge a punch, you dodge it, unless you're a dumbass.

Ise curbstomped Riz with DxD. With CCQ alone, he was as good as dead.

So any fight that gives Ise some trouble is bulllshit?

kusabireika
2016-02-09, 22:10
@sunsengnim: err uhm... Diehauser is Maou Class in skill, experience and power while Issei Maou class only on skill and power not experience, he hasn't gained enough experience/training in facing Diehauser because for goodness sake he is only a year old being Dragon/Devil so I don't expect him face toe on toe against the Champion who stay top for many and many years without using the cheat item only using his skill, power "from his clan and others" and experience/training" by himself alone. =_= :nod:
http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk308/0kusabireika0/Emoticons/EcoIn.cOM.vN-Emo-Cat-Star-18_zpssjtszxy1.gif

uhm you know the reason that Diehauser can evade Issei's punches is due to his experience alone even if you have OP power/Gift/Weapon without experience and training it is very useless we don't know how many years that Diehauser honed/trained his skill to perfection which the own right is very op geez, for freaking sake "even if the said ability is broken/bullxxxx without necessary experience/training to back it out it's pretty freaking useless op skill or what you call utterly broken skill". >_< :T_T:
http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk308/0kusabireika0/Emoticons/EcoIn.cOM.vN-Emo-Cat-Star-14_zps7pwdvznr.gif

sunsengnim
2016-02-09, 23:48
Diehauser didn't negate his attacks, he negated the effect of [Boost].

Uh, no. If you can dodge a punch, you dodge it, unless you're a dumbass.

Ise curbstomped Riz with DxD. With CCQ alone, he was as good as dead.

So any fight that gives Ise some trouble is bulllshit?

That's what i meant with nullified i thought that was obvious stop nitpicking.

And no if he's as strong as your making him out to be Diehauser would not dodge a punch from Issei UNLESS it would hurt when connected.

It's wasted effort to dodge something that would not harm you in the first place.

I'm not fighting the point that Diehauser can dodge Issei's attacks i'm fighting the point of WHY would he do so if as you implied they wouldn't hurt him?

With bullshit i meant Rizevim's SGC and Diehausers worthlessness don't say things i never implied nor said.

It's either Issei gets curb stomped or it's the enemy there's no balance it makes for horrible fights and Issei ALWAYS conveniently forgets everything else in his arsenal in these situations.

1Dark/Blade
2016-02-10, 00:49
Ummm... Hi! Im new here but i have one question...
So... If ise could damage Rizevim in v.18 whit the ability of penetrate...
That doesn't mean that issei has enough power to damage a maou class? And thats the reason why diehauser
Invalidated his ability and dodged his punchs beacause they can at least hurt him?...

Hakai
2016-02-10, 01:12
Ummm... Hi! Im new here but i have one question...
So... If ise could damage Rizevim in v.18 whit the ability of penetrate...
That doesn't mean that issei has enough power to damage a maou class? And thats the reason why diehauser
Invalidated his ability and dodged his punchs beacause they can at least hurt him?...
Welcome, and yes
If I was able to land a direct hit on him with [Penetrate], the damage would be transmitted to him directly! —But, I couldn’t land a hit on him! Every single one of my attacks had been evaded!

1Dark/Blade
2016-02-10, 01:37
Well so...
If Rizevim is stronger than diehauser...
That doesn't mean that the damage would be worst?...
Im just saying that ise's league is somwhere near to a maou class...
So i dont think he would be stomped so easily... (without worthless of course)

Ariel_Saeba
2016-02-10, 02:54
Simply put, Diehauser has more experience (like kusa said) and he is on the defensive, with the purpose of testing how far Ise can go without any means of giving him any severe injuries. On the other hand, Ise is very much used to the concept of brawling, where the respective opponents are just hitting each other without a particular means of dodging (his fight against Sairaorg and Grendel very much showed this), so this makes the fight against Diehauser exhausting his energy rather than hurting him.

If Rizevim is stronger than diehauser...
That doesn't mean that the damage would be worst?...

In what field? For pure power, Ise in CCQ can technically finish Rizevim and Diehauser with Penetrate, but the thing is how he will hit them in the first place since they would just dodge or negate his abilities. As kusa said, he does not have much experience and is very much used to brawl rather than fight pragmatically when he thinks he can overpower his enemies (with some exceptions, like the first fight against Riser, Cao Cao's second clash, and during the assault at the wizards' base of operations in Vol. 14. The truth is, Ise is more dangerous when he fights using his head rather than just punches his way out since he can come with unexpected tactics and techniques to bring down his opponents). Granted, his judgment was clouded by the fact that his parents were kidnapped, so he chose to go along with his rage instead of arranging tactics to counter them.

Chichiryuushintei
2016-02-10, 05:27
That's what i meant with nullified i thought that was obvious stop nitpicking.

And no if he's as strong as your making him out to be Diehauser would not dodge a punch from Issei UNLESS it would hurt when connected.

It's wasted effort to dodge something that would not harm you in the first place.

I'm not fighting the point that Diehauser can dodge Issei's attacks i'm fighting the point of WHY would he do so if as you implied they wouldn't hurt him?

With bullshit i meant Rizevim's SGC and Diehausers worthlessness don't say things i never implied nor said.

It's either Issei gets curb stomped or it's the enemy there's no balance it makes for horrible fights and Issei ALWAYS conveniently forgets everything else in his arsenal in these situations.

What am I making him out to be? All I said was that Diehauser would beat Ise even without Worthless. Not that he'd stomp him with his pinky.

I didn't imply anything. Read the line above. That's all I said.

The only thing Ise didn't use in v20 was the Longinus Smasher. And that's not something he can just use whenever.

@Kusa: Ise is not Maou-Class in anything.

@1Dark/Blade: The reason Ise was able to hurt Riz was because he was "rusty". Afterwards he tanked Michael's all-out, rage-fueled attack without harm. Ise wouldn't be able to do shit after then.

kusabireika
2016-02-10, 05:33
@Chichiryuushintei: uhm..... I mention Issei is Maou/Ultimate Class "Longinus Smasher and DxD Mode" on power that's it however in experience, fighting and etc he is still far from it. =_= :nod:
http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk308/0kusabireika0/Emoticons/EcoIn.cOM.vN-Emo-Cat-Star-12_zpsqvj81oh2.gif

also If Rizevim is rusty you can't take the factor that Issei was clouded by anger according Ariel_Saeba so he can't fight to full potential added to the fact he haven't master Triana, CCQ and his newly unlock DxD mode, beside Issei is just year Devil/Dragon hybrid. -_- :nod:
http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk308/0kusabireika0/Emoticons/EcoIn.cOM.vN-Emo-Cat-Star-10_zpsqvwmk6ru.gif

Chichiryuushintei
2016-02-10, 05:38
You were talking about DxD mode then, okay, sorry.

kusabireika
2016-02-10, 05:41
@Chichiryuushintei: uhm don't be sorry I just forgot to mention it on my post earlier so I am really sorry about it. T_T :T_T:
http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk308/0kusabireika0/Emoticons/EcoIn.cOM.vN-Emo-Cat-Star-17_zpscxf2fsbq.gif

LowCholesterol
2016-02-10, 09:44
if a person could evade an incoming attack, it's better to evade it than take it head on or blocking it.

in martial arts i would prefer the enemy attack and then i will do the counterattack. no matter how weak that strike i will create an opening if i block it, or i will still damaged if i took that weak strike.

in DxD, let's remember when Cao-Cao eyes get hitted by Samael blood inside the bullet. he could evade it, but he blocked it.

Ariel_Saeba
2016-02-10, 10:00
@LowCholesterol very much agree with what you've said and that is what was actually done by Rizevim and Diehauser in their battle against Vali and Ise respectively.

Also, Ishi seems to have a habit of incorporating short stories and spin-off elements in the main story. Since the battle with Trihexa will be a major event, will he possibly include development that happens in the side stories? (I was hoping that Azazel will appear wearing Typhon's armor but that is less likely, since it will be very broken and probably the deal is already expired as of the next volume).

DragonOsman
2016-02-10, 20:19
@Chichi: In the fight against Rizevim, Ise wasn't in tip-top condition and also probably couldn't use Penetrate either, even if he'd wanted to. And Rizevim was also invalidating part of DxD mode's power - as Ddraig said, Sacred Gear Canceler did work; it's just that it couldn't negate DxD's power completely because it's Ophis' power and Ophis' power is infinite. And while Ise would still have lost to Diehauser (is that the right spelling?) in Cardinal Cardinal Queen even without Worthless being involved, at least we both agree that he would've had an easier time, right? And since even Rizevim lost to Ise in DxD mode, I'm pretty sure Diehauser would also lose against him in that form.

Also, to me, it makes sense to think that Diehauser dodged all of Ise's Penetrate-infused attacks because he could sense that getting hit by them would be bad. And in the same train of thought, it also makes sense to think that maybe Worthless won't be able to make Penetrate "worthless". Sacred Gear Canceler also couldn't negate it. [If Diehauser gets hit by a Penetrate-infused attack, it really would be bad for him. But he could still try to use Worthless on it afterwords if he has time, which in most cases he wouldn't.]

And I'm with Kusa about Ise's experience-level. And Ariel is also right on the money with the brawl argument. Also, in power, Ise's said to be a High-Class Devil, even though by official ranking he's a Middle-Class Devil. Depending on where he stands in the High-Class Devil power tiers, he could theoretically handle at least the lower-level Maou-Class people. Diehauser is also a bad opponent for him to fight - really bad match-up.

Chichiryuushintei
2016-02-11, 07:06
Uh, no. In v20 Ise was in full-power. Asia was healing him constantly.

SGC didn't cancel part of DxD's power. It was too much for it to cancel.

Of course he'd have an easier time. Just like how anyone would have had an easier time against Ise if he didn't Boost.

He wouldn't take any extreme damage. He was able to take Ise's Dragon Shots.

Chris38
2016-02-11, 10:41
Personally the thing I'm wondering the most is ... how the DxD team are going to deal with the threat of Trihexa being removed from it's seal.

After all ... I doubt that sealing it again is possible ... since it would only delay this issue, since someone would probably try to awaken it again and destroying it is probably not going to happen as well, since it would require the power of full Ophis and Great Red to achieve that - with entire world of DxD being the cost of that fight.

With Ise being in a slightly 'weakened\ state due to using the Diabolos Dragon Form the DxD team won't be able to relay on Ise's full strength (which is my speculation - since I doubt that he is going to quickly recover from the side effects of using that form - also froma plot point of view - it will give the other characters in the story - like Vali - to portray the results of their own ' training / power development )

I also wonder what kind of goal the remaining Evil Dragons have in this - since I doubt that they have the same goal that Rizevim did of traveling to the world where the goodness of Oppai came from and something like them wanting to destroy the world - would be too cliche IMHO.

Chichiryuushintei
2016-02-11, 11:17
Noone of the younger generation could help against Trihexa. No, not even Ise in DxD mode. And yes, the only thing that can be done is sealing the thing.

Apophis made it pretty clear they'll go on with the "other-world invasion" plan.

DragonOsman
2016-02-11, 20:49
Chichi, don't you know that Asia's powers can't help you recover from exhaustion completely? Even if Ise's wounds were healed, there's still mental exhaustion and all. He wasn't fully healed, only physically. And his stamina also couldn't be restored, or else he'd have used Penetrate on Rizevim while in DxD mode. So no, I highly doubt Ise was in full-power. He'd have to take a really good rest for that first, on top of letting Asia heal him.

And I'm remembering how Ddraig told Rizevim that his ability did work on DxD mode. He also added that it couldn't be negated completely because Ophis' power is infinite. I took that to mean that it was at least partially negated. Which also means we didn't see the full power of DxD mode in that fight.

I do agree with you about Trihexa, though. It has to be resealed.

@Chirs: I was having the same thoughts as you are right now while reading Rosario+Vampire II when we were thinking about how Alucard would be taken care of. Tsukune and Moka as full-fledged Shinso Vampires took out Alucard, but I don't that can work here. Like you said, the only people who can defeat Trihexa are (complete) Ophis and Great-Red. But if either of those two fought it, the world could be destroyed, so it's a really bad idea.

I don't think any other people would be daring or crazy enough to release Trihexa again after it's resealed here, though, hopefully, so I think resealing it is the best option right now. And luckily, Rose has a spell to do just that.

Chris38
2016-02-11, 23:14
I don't think any other people would be daring or crazy enough to release Trihexa again after it's resealed here, though, hopefully, so I think resealing it is the best option right now. And luckily, Rose has a spell to do just that.

Well ... you just brought up the reason why I doubt the whole resealing scenario is actually going to work - at least in the form that you presented.

The reason is ... because it all sounds too easy and convenient and at least to me, would be a little anticlimactic way to end this arc.

Of course I'm aware that the actual realization of this scenario is definitely more difficult then it sounds to be ... but honestly I don't expect that Rosswisse's spell to actually completely work on resealing Trihexa since it sounds too good that something that she has developed when she was younger and wasn't even aware of Trihexa's actual existence would work completely well without any side effects appearing.

In fact I'm more willing to bet that it's going to have some effect on reducing Trihexa's power, but after using it some other side effects are going to appear as well ... causing the DxD team to have to revise their initial plan ... on the scene...

Hk1117
2016-02-12, 03:50
I think we can all agree, regardless of our standings, that the next volume won't have any real tension (apart from Azazel probably dying) since we all know it's gonna end well for everyone involved in the 'light side' (how ironic considering demons are considered "black")

Chichiryuushintei
2016-02-12, 05:26
@Osman: If DxD's power was actually infinite, having a part of it negated wouldn't matter. Infinite is infinite.

Both Triaina and CCQ were unlocked when he was exhausted, but still were at full capacity.

@Hk: Depends on what you consider tension. Ise VS Sairaorg was the most tense fight in the series, and there was no chance of death there.

Besides, this is that kind of series. The good guys always wins.

Gary29
2016-02-12, 09:01
I think we can all agree, regardless of our standings, that the next volume won't have any real tension (apart from Azazel probably dying) since we all know it's gonna end well for everyone involved in the 'light side' (how ironic considering demons are considered "black")

In the grand scheme of things there might not be any worry, but tension can be created just by the situation they're in and immersing yourself in it. I doubt Ishi's going to go the bland and predictable route here. He avoided that really well in v20.

DragonOsman
2016-02-12, 11:19
@Chris: We were told that Rose had been developing that sealing spell over the years up until now, so I don't think it's still the same as it was when she was a kid. It's a sealing spell specifically meant to seal Trihexa that she's constantly been developing while studying Trihexa (but how she studied I don't know).

But yeah, there's still the chance that it could fail to completely seal it.

@Chichi: Ophis' power was absorbed by Samael, wasn't it?

Chichiryuushintei
2016-02-12, 11:22
Samael poisoned Ophis. He didn't just take some of it.

DragonOsman
2016-02-12, 13:45
Yeah, but now Ophis has about half of her power or so. It's entirely possible that even though Ophis is said to be infinite, her power is really just so great that it seems infinite.

Chichiryuushintei
2016-02-12, 14:36
It was never said how weak it is compared to its Prime. Just that it feels really weak, and that was before it helped revive Ise. Again, poison.

With all the build-up around it, from everyone, including the Kings of Exposition Azazel and Ddraig? Yeah, No.

Anyway, it doesn't matter whether Ophis was actually infinite or not (I, at least, was talking about only DxD mode), the point is: DxD's power isn't Infinite, and neither is it even close to Prime Ophis.

saw2097
2016-02-12, 18:01
Well ... you just brought up the reason why I doubt the whole resealing scenario is actually going to work - at least in the form that you presented.

The reason is ... because it all sounds too easy and convenient and at least to me, would be a little anticlimactic way to end this arc.

Of course I'm aware that the actual realization of this scenario is definitely more difficult then it sounds to be ... but honestly I don't expect that Rosswisse's spell to actually completely work on resealing Trihexa since it sounds too good that something that she has developed when she was younger and wasn't even aware of Trihexa's actual existence would work completely well without any side effects appearing.

In fact I'm more willing to bet that it's going to have some effect on reducing Trihexa's power, but after using it some other side effects are going to appear as well ... causing the DxD team to have to revise their initial plan ... on the scene...

I agree with this, it would simply be anticlimatic if the battle against Trihexa is resolved just using the back up plan of Rose's seal and a few heavy hitters to distract him.

Most likely the seal doesn't work for some reason but weakens Trihexa down enough to fight or something along those lines.

I doubt we can predict how Trihexa is defeated from what we know now, it will likely be in a very unexpected way, typically during the climax of the arc the author throws a curve ball into the mix and surprises us with how the big monster falls, a perfect example being how Ise fused with Great Red to defeat the Jabberwaki.

Edit: Maybe Ise recharges using every member of his harems oppai power and reenters DxD mode and vaporizes Trihexa using the Infinite Great Red Longinus Oppai Smasher.

Chichiryuushintei
2016-02-12, 18:38
That'd be even worse. Even Shiva can't destroy the thing, Ise being able to do it in anyway, under any circumstances would just feel wrong.

If Ise needs to have anything to do with Trihexa's defeat, I'd prefer that they use his lust as fuel to the seal or something. Him being able to defeat it? Yeah, no.

saw2097
2016-02-12, 18:47
That'd be even worse. Even Shiva can't destroy the thing, Ise being able to do it in anyway, under any circumstances would just feel wrong.

If Ise needs to have anything to do with Trihexa's defeat, I'd prefer that they use his lust as fuel to the seal or something. Him being able to defeat it? Yeah, no.

I was joking genius.

Of course that won't happen, it will probably be a team effort to bring down Trihexa.

Chichiryuushintei
2016-02-12, 18:53
Yes, because it's super easy to know that through text. :)

saw2097
2016-02-12, 18:56
Yes, because it's super easy to know that through text. :)

It was such a absurd idea that I didn't think anyone was gullible enough to not realize it was a joke.

Chichiryuushintei
2016-02-12, 19:36
It's the internet. I've seen a lot worse ideas. Yours is actually reasonable by comparison.

DragonOsman
2016-02-12, 19:52
Yeah. That and, again, on the Internet, with just text, it's not always that easy to tell seriousness apart from joking or whatnot.

saw2097
2016-02-12, 20:11
It's the internet. I've seen a lot worse ideas. Yours is actually reasonable by comparison.

It takes something pretty outrageous to be dumber than that.

Chichiryuushintei
2016-02-12, 20:24
Pfft, please. This one wouldn't make the Top 100 Dumbest Things Ever Said.

And I guess we should stop it here. This is awfully off-topic, and I think we all got our points across already.

Gary29
2016-02-12, 21:57
I'm bringing the vol. 21 talk from the EX thread over to here.

Short teaser. (http://www.kadokawa.co.jp/lnovel/bk_detail.php?pcd=321505000007)

There's almost no new info from this (just like vol. 20's preview was), but a few key choice of words leads to some interesting speculation.

Issei and Vali, a Two Heavenly-Dragon tag-team!?

Ophis is dying from her serious wounds by Rizevim's trap. Issei ー who marched into Rizevim's stronghold ー confronted Nidhoggr who had been waiting for him. On the other hand, Vali stood opposite to Rizevim at last!

We should be getting the quotes in a week or less.

Everything after the first line looks to be a recap of the previous volume like vol. 20's was. But 3 different translations specifically mentioned Ophis dying... if that's the case, I hope that rather than fusing with Lilith to survive, there's some other alternative. Sharing power perhaps? And a minor risk of Lilith disappearing or something. Just plz don't take away my twin loli Dragon Gods ;__;

Seafoam
2016-02-12, 22:44

There's almost no new info from this (just like vol. 20's preview was), but a few key choice of words leads to some interesting speculation.

Ophis is dying from her serious wounds by Rizevim's trap. Issei ー who marched into Rizevim's stronghold ー confronted Nidhoggr who had been waiting for him. On the other hand, Vali stood opposite to Rizevim at last!

Everything after the first line looks to be a recap of the previous volume like vol. 20's was. But 3 different translations specifically mentioned Ophis dying... if that's the case, I hope that rather than fusing with Lilith to survive, there's some other alternative. Sharing power perhaps? And a minor risk of Lilith disappearing or something. Just plz don't take away my twin loli Dragon Gods ;__;

More like don't take away my ponytail dragon loli ;_;

Chris38
2016-02-12, 23:02

Personally I doubt that there is any real threat of Ophis dying ... after the author changed the plot a little bit, due to her color illustration.

I also doubt that Lilith is actually going to fuse with her - or if she does, it will only be a temporarily time limited fusion, which is going to cause ... since Lilith also got an illustration in the LN ... and has a slightly different character design compared to Ophis.

What would be the point of doing this ... it it wasn't to show that she was meant to stay in the story for a longer period of time... :p

Furthermore I doubt that any of the two (Ophis and Lilith) are going to disappear ... since I think that the author / publisher knows the appeal that twins have on a certain part of the reader community...

So overall I think that this whole subplot of Ophis dying is just a plot device to turn Lilith to Ise's side for good.

B214
2016-02-12, 23:13
Volume 21 will be darker than usual so Ophis dying might happen even if it's a little chance.

By the way Ishibumi mentioned that Volume 21 will be very similar to Volume 12 in which the guys will have more spotlight than the girl.

cyberdemon
2016-02-13, 00:40

Isn't that "teaser" just what happened in volume 20?

Ultragunner
2016-02-13, 01:17
Wait a minute
I thought Rizevim was finished off in vol 20, did he come back afterwards?
:heh:

DragonOsman
2016-02-13, 17:45
Yeah, it seems really similar to what happened in Volume 20. Even the part about Ophis could just be talking about when she was beaten up by Nighogg while Ise's parents being held hostage. But yeah, if the part from Volume 20 is just a recap, then it makes sense.

Chichiryuushintei
2016-02-13, 20:23
I remember when v20 was about to be released, both Ishi and someone else (I think one of the editors) were teasing us as hell hinting that Ise's parents would die, but in the end it turned out to be Rizevim. I wouldn't take any of this without a handful of salt and some steps back.

Hakai
2016-02-14, 01:46
So.. How many illustrations do you guys think we're getting this time :rolleyes:
1 color and 2 B&W is my prediction

Chris38
2016-02-14, 06:49
^ I Hope that there are going to be more illustrations then that - like 2 color ones and 4 black and white ones.

Although it's a slim hope... considering the pattern in the previous volumes... :uhoh:

On another ... hopefully less depressing topic ... I wonder what kind of 'development' with Ise, Kuroka and Le Fay are going to have in the next volume, since I believe they are going to be the 'main female heroines' in volume 21.

At the moment the scenario that comes to my mind is Le Fay and Kuroka having a magic and senjutsu enhanced naked breast massage session with Ise to help him recover from the effects of using the DxD mode in volume 20. :heh: :p

Hakai
2016-02-14, 06:56
Yeah since it's Vali's volume I too am expecting those two to get some focus as members of team Vali

But I think someone said it'd focus more on the guys like V12 so there might not be anything significant

Well they can always get their own volumes in the future

B214
2016-02-14, 07:16
Yes Ishibumi mentioned Volume 21 will be male-focused like Volume 12.

https://twitter.com/ishibumi_ddd/status/697058242401153024

LowCholesterol
2016-02-14, 07:21
Vali x Tiamat on next volume?

we still didn't know how her looks, probably a female dragon butts will attract Vali (and Albion)

Hakai
2016-02-14, 07:29
Vali x Tiamat on next volume?

we still didn't know how her looks, probably a female dragon butts will attract Vali (and Albion)

We at least know what her human form looks like
Behind Ajuka is a woman with long beautiful blue hair standing alone. Cold atmosphere radiates from her beauty; incorporated with intense Dragon aura. Even in her human form, it was easy to notice the great power she holds

Speaking of Tiamat, hopefully she gets some screen time in V21, maybe we finally get to know why she hates Ddraig

Chichiryuushintei
2016-02-14, 10:19
Wasn't it already confirmed by Ishi that there'll be volumes focusing on the girls that still didn't have one, like Kuroka and Le Fay?

DragonOsman
2016-02-14, 10:21
@Cake: Or if she even hates him at all; it could just be a misunderstanding on Ddraig's part for all we know. She could be a misunderstood girl-in-love. But yeah, I want to know what it is and why.

@Chichi: Yeah, but Volume 21 has been said to be focused on the guys more, right?

Chichiryuushintei
2016-02-14, 10:38
Yes, it was, I'm talking about volumes after v21. ._.

ImperialFlameGod8190
2016-02-14, 11:00
The thing i wanna find out about is the new kid Vali added to his team.

DragoMuseveni
2016-02-14, 11:41
The thing i wanna find out about is the new kid Vali added to his team.
Wasn`t that in the las SS from DX.2?

DragonOsman
2016-02-14, 16:24
Yeah, that's right. If you're talking about the Yuki-Onna girl.

ImperialFlameGod8190
2016-02-14, 16:50
Wuu-jing or whatever the name is idk i havent read all of that

B214
2016-02-14, 22:17
Sha Wujing and Zhu Bajie, the descendants of the Journey to the West main casts. But they didn't become the member of the Vali Team only honorary members if i remember correctly.

Ariel_Saeba
2016-02-15, 00:38
@B214 I think they don't become full members because Bikou hated that idea (according to your Go West summary IIRC).:D

B214
2016-02-15, 02:50
Because he was the one put in charge of them. Sha Wujing and Zhu Bajie joined the team as quasi members under Bikou's care.

Ariel_Saeba
2016-02-15, 06:07
I see. Besides, putting them on the front line will not be a good idea as I suspect they won't be adequate to fight the Boosted Gear Scale Mail replica army.

On Rose's seal topic, I doubt that she can do it alone to seal Trihexa. Even in EX, when she has thirty years of development time, the seal barrier is barely holding Loki (which is far, far weaker than the FRIGGIN 666). In other words, DxD will need different strategies to put it to submission (I just think that someone with barrier-type abilities will appear as reinforcements. Georg, everyone?)

Chichiryuushintei
2016-02-15, 07:05
I don't think the BB army is even a threat at all. All it can do is Boost it's own power, and since they don't have a host, I doubt it's anything noteworthy.

Another thing that I hated about EX. She's supposed to know how to seal Trihexa for fuck's sake, how'd Loki even be a big deal?

Hakai
2016-02-15, 07:11
Ross can make the design/equation for the seal because she's a genius and that seems to be her specialty

But the amount of magical power used behind it obviously matters as well and she obviously won't seal it on her own

Even God was weakened and exhausted after sealing a sleeping Trihexa

If Hexa-kun is to be sealed it'd probably take multiple people with strong magical power using Ross' formula

Chichiryuushintei
2016-02-15, 07:45
God was weaker than a Heavenly Dragon, so the power needed isn't exactly absurd.

Obviously they'll need one (or some if the stronger ones don't do it) of the top-tiers to chip in for power to seal Trihexa, but still, with 30 years of experience, her formulas should be good enough that shitstains like Loki aren't a big deal at all.

Ariel_Saeba
2016-02-15, 07:55
@Chichi and Carrot: Which is why I mention the possibilities of characters with powerful barrier abilities show up. Like Carrot said, even if she will complete the formula, Rose cannot cast it alone on Hexa-tan and will need help. (Oh, as a side-note, the seal used in EX are still unstable, so it seems that the seal's strength equals to how strong the caster is and how he/she can stabilize it. The kids are strong, but they cannot make it stable and permanent).

B214
2016-02-15, 07:57
Well Loki is from Norse too, compared to 666, he may simply have more knowledge on the formula that Rose may have used. Strada already shown it the power of the magic means nothing if the formula can be broken.

And there's a possibility of what Ariel said too, the difference in caster.

Hakai
2016-02-15, 08:07
God was weaker than a Heavenly Dragon, so the power needed isn't exactly absurd
Sure, if that thing is sleeping
We also don't know just how long it took him
It's only said he placed thousands of forbidden level seal on the beast

Chichiryuushintei
2016-02-15, 08:16
From what was said about Dimension Lost (Georg's SG, I'm not sure if this is the correct name), it has about as much chance of stalling Trihexa as Tannin has of getting Great Red's attention. I mean, GR can just roar holes in the fabric of space and time, Trihexa most likely can do the same.
@edit: Hell, Ise was able to distort it in v9.

@Cake: When was it said Trihexa was sleeping? And it doesn't matter how many he used, point is: It took less power than a Heavenly Dragon possesses. Power source is not a problem here.

Hakai
2016-02-15, 08:25
Cao Cao thought Juggernaut Drive would destroy DL's artificial dimension ._.

Chichiryuushintei
2016-02-15, 09:18
I don't really recall that, but yeah, DL is definitely not gonna help here.

Hakai
2016-02-15, 10:51
Here's hoping Hexa-kun doesn't end up getting the Juubi treatment after all these hype :uhoh:
The ending of V20 makes it seem like he'll be controlled by the Evil Dragons

LowCholesterol
2016-02-15, 10:55
yeah. since Azi Dahaka is still with them. i afraid he has a spell to control a strong being like that

B214
2016-02-15, 12:16
Or Ishibumi has a change of mind and pulls a plot twist where Rizevim placed in soul inside 666 eventually taking over his body.

DragonOsman
2016-02-15, 15:18
From what was said about Dimension Lost (Georg's SG, I'm not sure if this is the correct name), it has about as much chance of stalling Trihexa as Tannin has of getting Great Red's attention. I mean, GR can just roar holes in the fabric of space and time, Trihexa most likely can do the same.
@edit: Hell, Ise was able to distort it in v9.

@Cake: When was it said Trihexa was sleeping? And it doesn't matter how many he used, point is: It took less power than a Heavenly Dragon possesses. Power source is not a problem here.

Even if a power-source isn't the problem, it's not like Ise's kids have enough experience to be able to use the seal in a stabilized and efficient form and way. Maybe if Future Rose herself had used that seal in EX, she would've had an easier time keeping Loki sealed away. And there's also the point that was brought up about Strada - "If you know the magic formula, the spell won't work on you" or something along those lines. Loki is Norse himself, so he might have an idea about how to break out of the seal since it was made by a Rose, a former Valkyrie (and a Norse by extension, too).

But yeah, present-day Rose will need help sealing Trihexa. But the formula she developed should still ultimately be what helps them. Either they use it weaken the thing enough that it can be killed by Team DxD's strongest members, or they manage to completely seal it (after much difficulty).

Edit: And before I forget;
@B214: Man, I really hope Rizevim doesn't make a come back (even as a will or a soul). Azi-Dahaka and/or Apophis somehow controlling it I might be okay with, though.

Chichiryuushintei
2016-02-15, 15:20
That kinda reminds me of an arc of Digimon Savers, but I think it'd still be pretty neat. Riz persona+Trihexa's power would be pretty epic.

DragonOsman
2016-02-15, 15:21
No, I don't want Rizevim's personality on Trihexa. Give it a more badass personality.

Chichiryuushintei
2016-02-15, 15:37
How can it be more badass than a guy that raids Heaven just for the fuck of it?

Hakai
2016-02-15, 16:16
Oppai Dragon song got Great Red hooked on
As his natural rival Hexa-kun would end up getting charmed by Maou Shojo Levia-tan

And then we'll have it, Mahou Shojo Hexa-chan, with cute costumes and staff of course

P.S. please ignore it, it's the insomnia talking ._.

Chichiryuushintei
2016-02-15, 19:50
Pfft, hahahahaha, that'd be priceless.

Chris38
2016-02-15, 23:57
Personally I doubt that Rizevim can ever return ...

After all from what I remember his soul was consumed to release the 666 beast from it's remaining seals.

I also doubt that Trihexa is going to have his personality - frankly speaking I doubt that Trihexa is going to have any personality at all, since in my opinion, it's just a beast led by his natural instincts - which, due to it's power level, was the reason why it was sealed by the God of the Bible because it posses a threat to the DxD world.

After all ... why else the God of the Bible would go to such lengths to seal it...

DragonOsman
2016-02-16, 12:38
That was then, this is now. If it has a personality now, it just does. But at the end of the day, this is really still just speculation. We'll have to wait and see.

How can it be more badass than a guy that raids Heaven just for the fuck of it?

I don't want to think of that as being badass, though.

Chichiryuushintei
2016-02-16, 12:59
If you don't consider that as badass, I have no idea what you consider to be badass. ._.

DragonOsman
2016-02-16, 13:07
Basically I just want to think Rizevim is badass. He annoyed me too much.

Hakai
2016-02-16, 13:16
Rizevim was the best antagonist in Dxd IMO

Even consider how he went down. Ishi has no respect for his villains ._.

His reaction to Michael's all-out assault was one of the most badass moments in this series for me

Chichiryuushintei
2016-02-16, 14:06
I don't really mind how he went down because he still fucked everyone in the ass with a pineapple just by dying. Besides, being afraid of death is one of the things I just can't blame any character for, no matter who. Dying is kind of a big deal.

WILD_LION
2016-02-17, 09:28
DxD 21 kadokawa SUMMARY HAS UPDATED

http://www.kadokawa.co.jp/lnovel/bk_detail.php?pcd=321505000007

ハイスクールD×D 21
自由登校のルシファー

龍神化の副作用発動。イッセー戦闘不能!!? ついにヴァーリ覚醒かっ!

[ 著者 ]
石踏一榮

イラスト:みやま零

[ 内容 ]
天界・冥界・現世界にトライヘキサの侵攻が始まった。しかし龍神化の副作用で頼みの一誠は、戦える状態では ない。そしてもう一人の天龍・ヴァーリも試練の時が。絶体絶命、世界の存亡をかけた大決戦が幕 を開ける!

High School D × D 21
Free school of Lucifer

Side effects imposition of Dragon of. Issey battle impossible !!? Cut finally Valle awakening!

[Author]
Ichiei ishibumi

Illustration: Miyama-Zero

[Contents]
Invasion of the tri-hexa began in heaven, the underworld, the current world. But Issei recourse in the side effects of the Dragon of, not a fight state. And even the time of the trial the other one of the Tenryu Valle. Desperate situation, a large battle that multiplied by the fate of the world kick off!

B214
2016-02-17, 09:54
This is not a translation just stating what is written.

The side effect of the Dragon Deification (DxD mode) takes its toll. Issei out of action!!? Finally Vali awakens!

Contents:
666 begins its invasion on Heaven, Underworld and the Current world. But Issei who underwent Dragon Deification is currently immobilized due to the side effects. And now it's time for the other Heavenly Dragon Vali to undergo trial. A desperate situation, the decisive battle with the fate of the world at stake begins.

The way how this thing is mentioned makes it seem like Vali's power-up may not be as simple as we think, it might actually transcend the Heavenly Dragon and Lucifer.

Hakai
2016-02-17, 10:06
Oh yeah, the white one is not going to fall behind

DragonOsman
2016-02-17, 10:42
^Which is good. The Two Heavenly Dragons need to remain equal in power, after all. I do wonder what power-up he'll be getting, though.

If Vali could also get power equal to or at least nearly equal to that of DxD mode, it'd be even better. They're supposed to be rivals, after all. Ise will just be a bit stronger, like with Goku and Vegeta in DBZ and the two latest movies as continuation (Battle of the Gods and Revival of F).

Hakai
2016-02-17, 10:56
Eh, he may catch up for now to DxD Ise but Ise would still be ahead in potential IMO
His constitute is just too insane and I doubt Vali would go through a modification that good

But I'm still not entirely counting that out until we get to see the nature of his power up

Chris38
2016-02-17, 11:06
Still it's something that needs to have quite a lot of development ... since if Vali is supposed to keep being Ise's 'equal in power' he would need to have a source of such power within himself that would be ... more or less equal to the mixed power of Great Red and Ophis that Ise has got along with his current body.

Which most ikely means that - Vali either already has a dormant part of Trihexa's power within his body / Sacred Gear or is going to absorb a part of Trihexa's power during the events of volume 21.

After all, I can't think of anything else that could make Vali an equal to Ise's 'origin' of being the 'son' of Great Red and Ophis...

I'm also wondering if Ise is going to get into any action near the end of this volume, since the short summary seems to imply that he is going to spend most of the volume on dealing with the side effects of using the Diabolus Dragon mode.

Hakai
2016-02-17, 11:14
I'm also wondering if Ise is going to get into any action near the end of this volume, since the short summary seems to imply that he is going to spend most of the volume on dealing with the side effects of using the Diabolus Dragon mode.
IIRC somewhere it was posted that Ise too would have focus on this Volume along with Vali
So if that is true I'm expecting him to be back in action by the last parts of the Volume

Gary29
2016-02-17, 11:16
Ah, I knew it would update eventually. Vali's power-up sounds exciting. I don't think it will have anything to do with 666 or hitting Diabolos Dragon level, but be near it.

Also, here's hoping Ise gets something good happen to him at the end of the vol. I miss my harem development.
Quotes any day now, since it's out on the 19th (of March).

WILD_LION
2016-02-17, 11:17
Still it's something that needs to have quite a lot of development ... since if Vali is supposed to keep being Ise's 'equal in power' he would need to have a source of such power within himself that would be ... more or less equal to the mixed power of Great Red and Ophis that Ise has got along with his current body.

Which most ikely means that - Vali either already has a dormant part of Trihexa's power within his body / Sacred Gear or is going to absorb a part of Trihexa's power during the events of volume 21.

After all, I can't think of anything else that could make Vali and eual to Ise's 'origin' of being the 'son' of Great Red and Ophis...

I am agree with everything you pointed out Chris, The only idea i get about the new Vali Power-up mentioned for Volume 21, is that maybe this power-up will be related to the "Special Evil Pieces" that increase incredibly the power of a Devil but with a very high risk that the body of the Devil will not endure the Power.... That is the only idea i got, because Albion has only the Power of ONE Heavently Dragon without the Infinite and the Dream..... Vali Power Up is so much difficult to speculate... and issei will be out of combat during almost all the Battle.....The Rumors mentioned that issei will wake up with the power of the Oppais in the last moment(As VOL12, after Kiba shows his power Up issei appear in the last moment with an even more amazing power to fight in the final battle), but i do not know if that Rumor is true or Not, and the author mentioned something about team battle of the Two Heavently Dragons.

Chichiryuushintei
2016-02-17, 12:18
.. I'm going to wait for more (the actual quotes should be out until next week IIRC), maybe my english is rusty, but that gave me the impression that Vali may fight Trihexa. Hope I'm wrong.

DragonOsman
2016-02-17, 15:04
Vali doesn't have Evil Pieces, so I'm not sure how he'll gain power from them. I'm not sure what you mean on that.

And yeah, as you said, the spoiler about Ise regaining consciousness and rejoining the battle due to oppai may or may not actually be true. We'll have to wait and see.

@Chichi: He could still at least join in the battle, no? To help out.

WILD_LION
2016-02-17, 15:24
Vali doesn't have Evil Pieces, so I'm not sure how he'll gain power from them. I'm not sure what you mean on that.

And yeah, as you said, the spoiler about Ise regaining consciousness and rejoining the battle due to oppai may or may not actually be true. We'll have to wait and see.

@Chichi: He could still at least join in the battle, no? To help out.

I only mentioned the Possibility of Vali to obtain "Special Evil Pieces" and put his life on risk using them, as Diehauser Belial mentioned that there are Devils using these "Special Evil Pieces" that make the Devils abnormally powerful.... it is just an Idea to speculate the sudden Power-Up of Vali

DragonOsman
2016-02-17, 15:55
Ah, so you mean the King Pieces? They've already been discontinued, and the only ones that exist in the world are either in the hands of other high-ranking players in the Rating Game or were already confiscated by Ajuka. Deihauser also gave his to Ajuka already. Vali getting any of them is impossible. Forget about it.

Hakai
2016-02-17, 15:57
I'm going say the most obvious and likely source of his power up
Butts

DragonOsman
2016-02-17, 16:08
Now isn't that true. But Vali doesn't seem to realize it yet.

WILD_LION
2016-02-17, 16:47
Then the power ups of Vali will be based on:
1) Xenovia Butts
2) Asia Panties

Its difficult to imagine with his personality, although he has been searching the power observing Issei.......

I Remember that in the Beginning Vali Mentionen that his objetive is to Defeat Great Red and and his Dream is "To Become Great White", He mentioned that he desire to know Why Exist a Great Red but not exist a Great White?... maybe his power up is related with that words

Chichiryuushintei
2016-02-17, 16:48
Bikou better be prepared. :p

Hakai
2016-02-17, 16:59
"Ise-san’s bottom looks very c..cute!”

“Good job!”

Asia and Irina gave me weird cheers! So my arse is cute, on top of doing a “good job”!?
I'm quoting this for no particular reason

Chichiryuushintei
2016-02-17, 17:31
Vali powering up from Ise's unconcsious and unprotected butt? LOL That sounds wrong.

Hakai
2016-02-17, 17:36
It's supposed to be a dark volume
http://i.imgur.com/gXEJfPY.png

Chichiryuushintei
2016-02-17, 17:56
Yeah, I know. But I never thought it'd be this kind of dark. Death and blood? Pfft, bitch please. Slightly rapey-ish stuff that's obviously just played for laughs? Danm, that's just plain wrong.

DragonOsman
2016-02-17, 18:35
^I'm 100% with Chichi on this one, Cake-san. That really does just sound so wrong.

For me, it's powering up through Kuroka's or Le Fay's butt for Vali any day, rather than through any guy's butt. [Even though they're both in Ise's harem . . . okay, scratch it then.]

WILD_LION
2016-02-17, 18:54
As Kuroka and Le Fay are in issei harem then the Butts are out of the Power-Up of Vali, then for the Power-Up there is also the "HELP" of all Vali-sempais, i mean all the previous Hakuryuukou.

Another important speculation is who will be the new sensei of Issei?, there are a lot of Rumors that mentioned the death of Azazel in this Volume 21. Who will become the new sensei of issei? Vasco Strada, Crom Cruach, Gabriel, Tiamat, or someonemore?

Hakai
2016-02-17, 18:57
No one
Azazel can't be replaced
He has Tannin( and possibly Crom in the future) to help him train his Dragon Body but they're no Azazel

Gary29
2016-02-17, 19:42
Oh fuck, the quotes are already out!!

v21 thread in a moment. Rough translation later.

Chichiryuushintei
2016-02-17, 19:56
@Osman: That was sarcasm. I love to see Ise going mad by guys being too close to him.

@Gary: Huh, that was quick.

B214
2016-02-17, 22:55
Volume 22 will be the epilogue to the Fourth Arc and Beginning of the Fifth Arc. The Fifth Arc will be the final arc of High School DxD.

The concept of the final arc is DxD Characters Final Battle and Festival (I wonder what kind). And the final chapter will regain the erotic moments in Arc 1-3 and further expand on it. :)

Hakai
2016-02-17, 23:44
:(

No, please keep on writing Ishi
No need to end it, ever

Sakuya_Hime
2016-02-17, 23:47
:(

No, please keep on writing Ishi
No need to end it, ever

don't worry I think he won't stop writing. :3

B214
2016-02-17, 23:48
Maybe the DX series will continue for a while even after the main story finishes.

Ishibumi still has to write for SLASH/DOG anyway.

Hakai
2016-02-17, 23:55
I hope he keeps writing short stories every now and then
Be it on Millicas,Ex, or the past of the characters like Sirzechs and Grayfia

It seems the longest a DxD arc has been is around 5 volumes
Could we expect this one to be a little longer? 7-8 volumes maybe?

Seafoam
2016-02-18, 00:07
College DxD incoming, just watch.

B214
2016-02-18, 00:51
I hope he keeps writing short stories every now and then
Be it on Millicas,Ex, or the past of the characters like Sirzechs and Grayfia

It seems the longest a DxD arc has been is around 5 volumes
Could we expect this one to be a little longer? 7-8 volumes maybe?

Ishibumi considers V13-22 to be the fourth arc. And V22-?? to be the fifth and final arc.

@Going Seafoam, that depends on how Ishibumi ends it. If he ends it with a timeskip where Ise marries the girl after graduating from Uni, then we can kiss College DxD goodbye.

Hakai
2016-02-18, 01:00
So maybe we'll hit the 30 volumes mark and some more with the SS volumes

B214
2016-02-18, 01:10
Yes i'm expecting the same too. 30 volumes and perhaps few more DX volumes after the series finishes.

Bigmac
2016-02-18, 03:07
He may even start a spin off series based on EX. He has established the basics for the characters and the future world. It would be fun to read if he expanded on it and also a chance to fill some plot holes that EX created.

Chichiryuushintei
2016-02-18, 06:59
Honestly, I'd rather having the series ending while still being good (Digimon Tamers, Harry Potter), rather than having it milked into a hollow shell of it's former self. (Bleach, Dragon Ball, Fairy Tail, Katekyo Hitman Reborn!)

@Edit: Glad to hear Ishi'll bring some of the erotic stuff of the first arcs back. I just hope that "expanding upon" doesn't mean getting to pseudo-hentai levels like some shit series out there. *cough*ShinmaiMaou*cough*

DragonOsman
2016-02-19, 19:03
Fairy Tail is still good, though, IMO at least. Bleach needs to get better again.

I do want a story that expands upon EX. The plot-holes need to be filled, after all, and it'd be good to get to see Ex's life from his own point of view. I'd also like to know the reason Ise's so darned busy the future, too.

And yeah, for Ise's life, a College DxD should be good.

Chichiryuushintei
2016-02-19, 20:09
I stopped reading FT when Natsu one-hit-kiled a God. Don't know about the specifics, and I just don't even feel the need to give a shit.

Bleach is still kinda, sorta of enjoyable-ish at rare times, (Askin is just fun. Someone should change the definition of fun in the dictionary to his name. He's a fun guy like that.) but agreed, needs to improve.

DragonOsman
2016-02-19, 20:53
Fairy Tail is still good. I can understand why you don't like how Natsu defeated a God, but I don't think it's reason enough to just drop the series. Just my opinion. Also, I'm pretty Natsu only defeated that God by eating his fire and fighting him with the added buf. He gets stronger by eating flames; he's the Fire Dragon Slayer after all. But there were consequences for eating the fire of a Fire God Slayer which were shown pretty much immediately after the fight, too, so it's not like Natsu defeated a God just like that and without negative repercussions.

By the far the biggest problem people have with Fairy Tail is that it uses Nakama Power a lot, even for a Shounen, so while I myself don't have a problem with that per say, I would've understood it better if you'd given that as your reasoning. The God-defeating bit was given enough in-story explanation that I thought that people would understand if they pay attention. I wasn't expecting this from you.

On Bleach: Yeah, it definitely needs to improve. The recent fight, Yoruichi vs. Askin, should've ended already, but Kubo just had to make Urahara develop PIS and tell Askin how Yoruichi's new form works so he can come up with a counter to it. And now he's even brought out his Volstandig which seems to have an electrical attribute added to it now (if I understood what's going on in that pic correctly). Dragging the fight out more. I just hope the fight ends soon, with Askin's defeat, so we can finally move on. But what's worse is that these abilities were all originally Bach's, and that Bach himself gave the Sternritter these abilities. When these guys die, those abilities will go back to Bach. As if Bach isn't already hax enough.

But anyway, let's go back to HS DxD now.

I really think DxD should get a sequel. One that expands upon HS DxD EX like what I said before would also be good, as well as a sequel that shows us Ise's life in college (if possible).

Chris38
2016-03-23, 11:43
On a more story related topic..

I wonder if the next arc is going to have anything mentioned about Ise's progress with the development of each of his Triaina modes.

After all it's a necessary step to stabilize Ise;s CCQ mode and ... in my opinion, it's also necessary to make progress with Ise's DxD mode.

Since I believe that the DxD mode can be considered as an expansion of Ise's CCQ mode - and since Ise hasn't reached a stable state yet when he uses his CCQ mode ... Ise had to suffer a quite drastic side effect when he used the DxD mode at a pretty high power level...

Biohazardous
2016-03-23, 20:13
At the very least we need to see Ise fully tuned and stable in his max power form. Also need at least an afterword that tells us the status of the future for everyone. (would be kinda long tho so better to have a volume that ends the series telling the future.)

DragonOsman
2016-03-24, 08:48
@Chris: I think it's pretty much confirmed that DxD mode is an expansion of the Cardinal Crimson Queen. It builds off of the Cardinal Crimson Queen, after all, and Ise also apparently can't reach it without passing though Cardinal Crimson Queen. There's also the fact that Ddraig called it "Cardinal Crimson Promotion - Diabolos Dragon [DxD]".

So yeah, he has to stabilize, tune and master Cardinal Crimson Queen and raise its power to Heavenly Dragon level to master DxD mode so he can raise its power to complete Ophis' (Dragon God) level. Training in DxD mode itself would be good, too, as well as training in Cardinal Crimson Queen.

The status on his training with the Triaina modes would be good. I'd like to get that somewhere in the novels as well.

B214
2016-05-27, 00:23
From Ishibumi's blog.

The editor for DxD and -SD- changed
Volume 22 will focus on Rias and Akeno attaining their happiness. (3some?)
Ravel will play a big role throughout the final arc/chapter.
Ishibumi is still in discussion with his editors regarding the short stories, so still no short stories for the time being.
Still nothing for -SD-

Link: http://ishibumi.exblog.jp/24407974/

DragonOsman
2016-05-29, 08:36
I hope that either his first time is with Rias and he also get to do it with Akeno later in the same Volume, or he just gets a threesome with the both of them in a Two Great Onee-sama Sandwich. We already have actual Sister Sandwiches, so why not a Two Great Onee-sama Sandwich now? They'll have already graduated from Kuou Academy's High School section, but yeah (or maybe they'll have that title in the University section as well? I hope they do).

It's not set in stone that Ishi will get to have Ise get laid finally, even if the editor changed, but I do hope it happens. It's true that the editor was the one getting in the way of it, after all, and Ishi himself did want to write it in.

I'm not sure what you think about the short stories right now, honestly, but I just want to read the DX ones that are already out first.

And I wonder what big role Ravel's going to be playing.

Variabug
2016-05-29, 20:34
Ravel will most likely play a big role with the creation of Issei's peerage and/or the creation of his team. One of Ravels greatest assets is her high intelligence and understanding of Devil society in comparison to Issei. This means that she would be the best person to create a good peerage or team that Issei could use in the future. I believe someone said that the aristocracy where saying that Issei should probably be promoted to a High-class during the spoilers for 21 although we won't know for sure until ZX is done translating after his exams are done. Considering that he's pretty much an Ultimate-tier by this point and having faced Super Devils practically by himself (almost dying in the process but still much more than most Devils could do) I think its more than likely that a promotion is in order and that would be a good way to end the series as well as setup for any future plans in the franchise.

As for the change in editor, yeah, Issei is gonna be a lucky bastard in the next couple months. Well, that is if it was the editor who was against it. I've heard people say that the publisher was telling the editor not to add sex scenes within the series. I know that SAO had a sex scene and it was published by ASCII who owned by Kadokawa, the owner of DXD publisher Fujumi Shobo but I'm not entirely sure how much active control Kadokawa has on either company nor the general policies of FS so if someone knows this please put it down. At the same time I haven't seen anything about the new editor and whether that person will be okay with sex within the series. We can only hope.

Chichiryuushintei
2016-05-29, 20:40
I'm 99% sure the SAO sex scene was just something the author posted on his blog. It wasn't in the actual book.

DragonOsman
2016-05-30, 09:42
The book did have the "intro/lead-in" into the sex scene and a timeskip to imply that the sex happened. It also showed Kirito and Asuna naked in bed together the next morning. SAO Volume 1 Chapter 16.5 was just the sex itself, like a hentai novel chapter.

The problem with HS DxD right now is that we don't get even the implied sex scene and the timeskip to after the deed's been done, like in Madan, SAO, Rakudai and other series. Magika hasn't had actual sex yet, but it's already shown the MC doing foreplay with his girls so far, which is already more than HS DxD has (Magika is already Borderline-H like Shinmai Maou no Keiyakusha since the MC has done everything except penetration already, with most of the girls, and we got to see all of it).

Chichiryuushintei
2016-05-30, 11:06
If Ishi goes borderline-hentai, I'm dropping this without a second thought.

DragonOsman
2016-05-30, 13:01
It's okay. Magika is fine even with all of that, you should read it. But Ishi still may or may not actually do that.

And besides, even if it does become Borderline-H, it's not like Ishi will show us the whole sex, even including penetration and all. We've already seen the foreplay in Magika anyway, so when they actually go all the way, it'll probably be skipped.

You remember that the scene with Ise achieving Balance Breaker was also changed to be less explicit or whatnot, right? What was it originally, sucking? I think even with the ecchi scenes as they are now, it's not really that far from being Borderline-H. The editor may have been stopping Ishi making it Borderline-H too, for all we know.

And I really don't like the idea of dropping a series just for something happening to a character or for one specific thing that happened.

Chichiryuushintei
2016-05-30, 13:15
No. I'll not.

Foreplay is already too close to smut for me.

Poking nipples is nowhere near being close to pseudo-hentai.

Now, that'd my problem, wouldn't it?

DragonOsman
2016-05-30, 13:37
You don't know what you're missing if you aren't reading Magika. It's not smut in any way. Try talking to Ultragunner about it.

I wasn't saying that poking is close to pseudo-hentai, I was saying that sucking them may have been. Which would be the reason why Ishi was forced to change it. But the fact that he wanted to write that scene like that should tell you something.

Chichiryuushintei
2016-05-30, 13:40
I'm missing a fictional story. That's it. Doesn't matter how great or brilliant it is, that is it.

But that wasn't in the LN, so it's irrelevant.

DragonOsman
2016-05-30, 14:08
I'll tell you about Magika in a spoiler tag, then, since it's off-topic and will derail the thread: Magika is fictional enough. I'll give you a summary: In the Magikaverse, there are Mythologies from all over the world, including the Cthulhu Mythos, that magicians with Stigmata called Magika Stigma can use through contracts with demons+gods and/or gods from those Mythologies can use (those are called "Divas" in the Magikaverse), with girls being the ones with more magic power compared to boys, and the magic power declining after 20 years of age, and Magika Stigmas mostly being women because they have more magic power than men; there are guys with monstrous amounts of magic power from other countries, like the US or China, who became Magika Stigmas, but the MC is a guy with average magic power for a man who became a Magica Stigma after forming a contract with a certain Diva (he's also a swordsmen, but swordsmen are generally looked down upon in the Knight Academy he attends).

In Japan, there are two Mythologies: The Japanese Mythology itself, and the Mythology of Solomon's 72 Pillars of Demons. The MC's contracted Diva is the Demon King of the Solomon Mythology, Lemegeton, aka the Lesser Key of Solomon, though in the Academy's curriculum it's taught that Lemegeton, the Lesser Key of Solomon, is a Magic Book that split up into five parts. But anyway, the MC is the King of Solomon because he's contracted with Lemegeton. And as the King of Solomon, he draws power from his bonds with the female Magika Stigma who love him. His Magic Dress at first is only the ring called Solomon's Ring which allows him to see the positivity levels of the girls who're contracted with a Diva that has already submitted itself to Lemegeton, which obviously includes all of the Divas from the Solomon Mythology. The Magika Stigma herself has to be thinking of him and have some feelings for him already, in the form of either hatred, as close friends, or as someone who's already in love. Depending on how high the posivity level of a girl is, he can also get a key called "Key of the Heart" after which he becomes able to use the same magic as her. The magic of a Diva that a Magika Stigma can use is called Summoning Magic, and it's split up into 10 levels. For Level 1, the positivity level is 65, and that's also the level for obtaining the Key of the Heart. Lemegeton is trying to make him a Harem King, but of course he'll become that anyway considering how his powers work.

The worldbuilding and the storytelling is done really well, by the way, though at first you'll only see the really incompetent adults who're in charge of the Knight Academy. And that's really frustrating and infuriating, to be sure, but it's all taken care of in the first six Volumes IIRC (four, maybe - I don't remember that well).

And again, it's not a smut series. Trust me and at least try the first seven Volumes. Read them all, at least the first seven. If you don't like it, don't read ahead. And just so you know, it's another series that did what IS try to do and actually succeeded. And it's also got all of the good things that DxD has but it did them really well.

Anyway, I really think Ise should get laid in Volume 22, though if it's not in Volume 22 but in a later Volume, it's still fine. It just has to happen already.

Krudelu
2016-05-30, 16:07
Now that i start hearing about what may happen in Volume 22, I think this might be at least the best time (at least earliest) for "it" to happen. If its "done" to Rias at least, I think its more understandable given her relationship with Ise so far in the series which may make it more enjoyable (meaning that the "event" wont feel like one of the characters is forced to such situation or backed up by an outside "gimmick"). If it ever happen, I hope it become an enjoyable one

DragonOsman
2016-05-30, 18:54
Akeno will also have a development that her fans will like, apparently. If Ise's going to be "doing it," he could be doing it with both of them.

Krudelu
2016-05-30, 19:54
Actually that would be great if it happens. Gotta wait and see what will happen in the next volume

aw454wtr
2016-05-31, 04:05
Shouldnt this thread be renamed as speculation after volume 21 seeing as volume 21 is released already?

Bigmac
2016-05-31, 08:00
If the sex does happen I don't want it to go into too much detail. I would rather it just heavily implied that him and Rias had sex. I tried reading a few 'ecchi' moments in Shinmai Maou no Keiyakusha and it was practically hentai and super cringe worthy to read. Reading about the girls sucking the MC off and various other crap has made the series unreadable to me. Hopefully DxD won't go the same route.

Ruki0089
2016-05-31, 08:04
I just hope if ise truly lost his V card to Rias or Akeno or maybe both of them... please made just like madan ou vanadis

DragonOsman
2016-05-31, 08:28
That. I agree with that.

aw454wtr
2016-05-31, 20:47
If the sex does happen I don't want it to go into too much detail. I would rather it just heavily implied that him and Rias had sex. I tried reading a few 'ecchi' moments in Shinmai Maou no Keiyakusha and it was practically hentai and super cringe worthy to read. Reading about the girls sucking the MC off and various other crap has made the series unreadable to me. Hopefully DxD won't go the same route.

Wow the editors actually let that through!

A simple implied scene that Ise has lost his V cards would suffice like how it was handled in Mushoku Tensei

DragonOsman
2016-06-01, 14:51
It was the same in Madan from what I read in the spoiler from Volume 13. They generally skip the sex scene anyway. All we see is the kiss, and then the two of them embracing naked in bed after the deed's been done. It shouldn't be hard for Ishibumi's editor to allow him to do that too.

Hakai
2016-06-01, 15:08
Not the sex scene but I want to read what's going on Ise's head when/if it ever happens :heh:.

His thoughts/reactions in ero situations are hilarious.

KnightShade
2016-06-01, 15:11

i can vouch for this, it was every stereotype about LN writing rolled into one.

while i wont go all chichi and drop dxd lol, a simple mention ala madan/rakudai that it happened will suffice(light foreplay at the most). some things are better left to the imagination or doujins :naughty:

Chichiryuushintei
2016-06-01, 15:16
^What can I say, I don't dig smut. :p

DragonOsman
2016-06-01, 15:28
Well, I'm with Kidstandout. A kiss, some light foreplay, and then skip to after the deed's been done. That would be good.

KnightShade
2016-06-01, 15:34
^What can I say, I don't dig smut. :p

i can respect that to a degree. me it's more or less a "keeping my tastes separate" + "in moderation" kind of deal.

Krudelu
2016-06-01, 19:57
hmmm how about if its described as "flowery" as possible i wonder

Ruki0089
2016-06-01, 20:02
After losing his V card, ise would be like this.
Ise : Azazel-sensei, Sirzeach-sama.... are guys watching me? I have become a real man now!!! Please keep me watching me from that side...
While crying.....

Bigmac
2016-06-03, 14:05
Volume 22 is called High School DxD: Graduation Ceremony Of Gremory according to the authors twitter.

DragonOsman
2016-06-03, 18:01
So it's about Rias and her High School Graduation Ceremony? I hope it also has the hidden meaning of Rias graduating from being a virgin. With Ise.

B214
2016-06-03, 20:32
Well from the brief description given by Ishibumi in that same tweet.

Rias, Akeno, Sona and Tsubaki will be graduating from the Kuoh Academy High School division. However, the greatest festival will begin from there.

No mention of Abe, and there's this festival thing (just hope that it doesn't end up as another one of Ishibumi's troll) and somehow i feel bad for Sirzechs, Azazel & the others who sealed themselves with 666.

cyberdemon
2016-06-03, 21:56
Well from the brief description given by Ishibumi in that same tweet.

No mention of Abe, and there's this festival thing (just hope that it doesn't end up as another one of Ishibumi's troll) and somehow i feel bad for Sirzechs, Azazel & the others who sealed themselves with 666.

I just hope that the end of the series showed them getting out because there was finally a way to seal the 666 parts again.

B214
2016-06-03, 22:40
I just hope that the end of the series showed them getting out because there was finally a way to seal the 666 parts again.

From EX which is 30 years from now, i doubt they'll be out by the end of the series.

DragonOsman
2016-06-04, 18:10
Maybe Sirzechs and some of the other more powerful guys, like the Trimurti, will manage to get out in about 35 or 40 years from now? Maybe more? Well, I do think - and hope - that they'll make it out.

@B214: Yeah, hopefully there's no troll.

Chichiryuushintei
2016-06-04, 18:15
Why would the heavy hitters leave the weaker people with Trihexa? That's a huge dick move.

DragonOsman
2016-06-04, 18:57
The weaker ones most likely won't survive anyway. After all, they're all going to be fighting Trihexa inside that seal. The heavy hitters would have their hands full fighting the Beast and trying to stay alive, so even though they'd want to also protect the weaker ones, they might not be able to.

KnightShade
2016-06-05, 18:59
Azazel is nowhere near heavy hitter, he probably will be the only one to get out doing to beig a hax level genius.

DragonOsman
2016-06-06, 09:12
Yeah, I can see that happening. Does he still have a contract with Typhon? If so, it might be able to them out at least a bit.

B214
2016-06-06, 10:10
Yeah, I can see that happening. Does he still have a contract with Typhon? If so, it might be able to them out at least a bit.

That's if Typhon seal himself with Azazel and the leaders too. Well knowing Azazel he'll probably bring along all his inventions with him to use against 666.

DragonOsman
2016-06-06, 11:47
I forgot to type the word help in there ("If so, it might be able to help them out at least a bit).

Anyway, yeah, you're right about that. Azazel would most likely bring all of his stuff with him, as well as the Artificial Sacred Gear that has Typhon sealed inside it.

Bigmac
2016-06-06, 15:03
That's if Typhon seal himself with Azazel and the leaders too. Well knowing Azazel he'll probably bring along all his inventions with him to use against 666.

If I remember correctly in EX the contract with Typhon was a one time summon so the contract was finished as he summoned Typhon in EX which happens before volume 20 & 21. Azazel does mention that he should have prepared another contract in volume 21 with Typhon but if Azazel didn't prepare another contract before the fight with Trihexa before he was sealed away then he won't have access to Typhon as I doubt Typhon would reside in a sacred gear waiting for Azazel to make another contract.

DragonOsman
2016-06-06, 15:09
Good point. But yeah, that's why I said, "Does he still have a contract with Typhon?". It was also because I was asking if the contract was still valid, but it still fits here.

Bigmac
2016-06-06, 15:17
Good point. But yeah, that's why I said, "Does he still have a contract with Typhon?". It was also because I was asking if the contract was still valid, but it still fits here.

Azazel's thoughts from volume 21:

If I knew that this would happen, with that legendary creature, I should have…made a contract with the King of Demonic Beasts Typhon [7] so that I could prepare a new set of artificial Sacred Gear armour.

So unless it says he made another contract before the Trihexa fight he doesn't have a contract with Typhon. Plus I doubt the contract can be made quickly as the cost for the previous one in EX was stated to be unreasonable.

DragonOsman
2016-06-06, 15:28
Thanks for that. I did remember some of that, but yeah, in this case, there shouldn't be a valid contract unless he managed to make another contract.

aw454wtr
2016-06-07, 02:42
Azazel really reminds me alot of kisuke urahara from bleach.

The major question is,since serafall is sealed, what is going to happen to her magical girl show? Will they draft Mil-Tan to replace her?

B214
2016-06-07, 06:38
Magical Girl Miracle Sona-tan. :heh:

DragonOsman
2016-06-07, 08:47
Sona would rather die, wouldn't she? But maybe her sense of responsibility would make her change her mind on that, who knows? And if Serafall can survive the fight against Trihexa, she'll eventually come back anyway.

Ruki0089
2016-06-07, 23:47
Hah~~, I actually hoping serafall join ise's harem....

Variabug
2016-06-08, 00:26
I know that feel man, I know that feel. But hey, hopefully she might get out sometime around EX? Right? And I think that if there was anyone to replace her on the show, it'll probably be Mil-tan getting his wish. At this point, I NEED to see that.

Ruki0089
2016-06-08, 00:53
Yeah, i agree... Ise harem members lacking megane shoujo and Maou/Maou shoujo

aw454wtr
2016-06-08, 02:40
Yeah, i agree... Ise harem members lacking megane shoujo and Maou/Maou shoujo

and twins,and someone with kneesocks (gasper does not count)

Variabug
2016-06-08, 04:01
Well Rias has been known to put glasses on, even if she doesn't need them. The only other candidate would be Aika, but as far as we know she won't because her bust is small, although it might grow in the future like Koneko. Mahou Shoujo might go to a transformed Mil-tan, it would be funny if he was incredibly hot when changed into a girl and seeing Issei's reaction. Kneesocks and twins, got me there. For me the only real checkbox I can think of other than those is Yandere, Maid, and a ghost. Yanderes are always fun, but I don't think it really fits with the series tone. I do NOT need any more discussions on maids because the last time we had one...it wasn't pretty. A ghost girl could be interesting because of the sheer amount of options that could be done because every mythology and religion is true. The problem is that the poor thing would be left out in pretty much 90% of interactions within the series.

DragonOsman
2016-06-08, 07:29
I hate yanderes, so I'd prefer if it one didn't end up falling for Ise. Spare me (and him) the yanderes, please. But as for ghosts, I can agree with that.

Sona might be good to replace her elder sister as the Maou Shoujo. I really hope the role isn't given to Mil-tan unless he's switched to complete girl mode.

Ruki0089
2016-06-08, 07:51

Oh right, ise also lacking twin... Twin girls with tsundere and manipulative yet loving like certain pink haired alien princess with twin tail and short hair... and maybe this twin also can fill kneesock girl if they wearing kneesock...:heh:
And.... oh, ise also lacking yandere girl... hope he got one...
Oyakodon position? He got one already...
If ghost girl... I hope he got one soon...

Direwolf18
2016-06-08, 08:46

Ophis and Lillith.

There ya go adorable twin dragon God samas

DragonOsman
2016-06-08, 09:10
True. He has those. But kneesocks?

And again, please, no yandere girls. Whether she tries to kill Ise because he can't be hers alone, or if she kills all of the other girls because she wants him all to herself (you know that's all a yandere could ever do, don't you? Don't tell me you think a yandere could do anything else), either way it's bad and I don't want to see it. I hate yanderes. And besides, it's a True Harem, so a yandere wouldn't fit anyway. If it weren't a True Harem, we could probably go with a yandere main heroine who would kill any girl besides her who tried to get close to the main hero, but this isn't a story where that kind of thing has any place.

Ruki0089
2016-06-08, 09:11
But there is some yandere that support harem too...:heh:

DragonOsman
2016-06-08, 09:16
But yanderes are dangerous either way and they're too crazy for their own good. If she supports the harem scenario, I guess that's okay, but the craziness part still doesn't sit right with me for some reason.

Chichiryuushintei
2016-06-08, 09:17
I don't remember the name, but I read a manga a while ago that had a yandere in a harem. The only reason she didn't kill any of the other girls or the MC, it's because it was physically impossible for them to die. So no, it wouldn't work.

Ruki0089
2016-06-08, 09:23
But yanderes are dangerous either way and they're too crazy for their own good. If she supports the harem scenario, I guess that's okay, but the craziness part still doesn't sit right with me for some reason.

Man, as long yandere support harem... everything is alright...
And among ise's harem, Asia is the most possible becoming yandere...

Hakai
2016-06-08, 09:26
I like the ones with slight yandere tendencies that are mostly played for laughs but no, would not want an actual yandere in this series.

Chichiryuushintei
2016-06-08, 09:30
^Agreed, if it's juat some jokes here and there, I'd be fine with.

@Ruki: A yandere can't support a harem. They're maniacal psychopats without a shred of reason. The name itself means deranged by love or something loke that.

LowCholesterol
2016-06-08, 09:49
Man, as long yandere support harem... everything is alright...
And among ise's harem, Asia is the most possible becoming yandere...

Ise-San
sorry...

(stab Ise with Knife with samael blood coating).

you're the worst!! (stabs continously)

oh man, it brings back memories about that anime again

Ruki0089
2016-06-08, 09:52
^Agreed, if it's juat some jokes here and there, I'd be fine with.

@Ruki: A yandere can't support a harem. They're maniacal psychopats without a shred of reason. The name itself means deranged by love or something loke that.

Dude, there is yandere that support harm and even push MC to have one...

@LowCholesterol
School days?? Man, I don't even want to compare dxd with that...

LowCholesterol
2016-06-08, 10:00
well, it's perfect example for a yandere in harem. it's extra ultra risky :3

Chichiryuushintei
2016-06-08, 10:07
Dude, there is yandere that support harm and even push MC to have one...

@LowCholesterol
School days?? Man, I don't even want to compare dxd with that...

How about some exemples to back that up? Because I sure as hell never saw one.

DragonOsman
2016-06-08, 10:11
@LowCholesterol: Exactly.

@Ruki: Well, the yandere you mentioned in Post #230 sounds okay, but that's probably just one exception. Look at Chichi's post - he just mentioned what it actually means to be a yandere. Yanderes are insane girls who are in love with a guy. No way it'd be good to have a yandere a harem, normally.

Ruki0089
2016-06-08, 10:12
How about some exemples to back that up? Because I sure as hell never saw one.

It's web novel... forgot the name... Sevens can be considered one... since the harem member try kill each other when they change... and his fiancée later legal wife push him to have harem... she is yandere too.

Chichiryuushintei
2016-06-08, 10:31
True yanderes would never allow the guy to be with anyone else. Being a bit crazy doesn't qualify as yandere.

Ruki0089
2016-06-08, 10:34
True yanderes would never allow the guy to be with anyone else. Being a bit crazy doesn't qualify as yandere.

Well, in the ending of that novel... his legal wife become last boss... but no matter how we look at it... it just husband and wife quarrel ... his wife throw a child tantrum about him having harem... even though she is the one who push him to have one...

Chichiryuushintei
2016-06-08, 11:20
Which proves my point further. A yandere wouldn't throw a tantrum. A yandere would mow down everyone with a chainsaw if she needed. They don't follow reason. They don't care about anyone other than themselves. They'll even kill the one they are obssessed with (I refuse to call that "love") if they can't get together with them.

DragonOsman
2016-06-08, 11:33
^Exactly right. That's the point of being a yandere character. And yeah, I too refuse to call a yandere's obsession "love". That's an insult to the beautiful emotion of love, downright.

Variabug
2016-06-08, 12:07
Well I opened a can-o'-worms with this one.

I haven't read or watched enough anime with yanderes to get more than the basics of what the archetype is. Remember, there CAN be variations within the archetype. I remember when EX first came out and people where arguing over Xenovia and her "education mom" status because some felt she was the "hardcore" version and others thought she was a "softer" version. The only example I can think of a yandere supporting a harem would be one the "good" ending in the original School Days VN where the player manages to balance both Kotohana and Sekai. Both are in a polygamous relationship with Makoto and don't kill him and even become pregnant in the ending cutscene.

And for Ruki, I'll give you a cookie for the TLR reference.

B214
2016-06-08, 12:39
Well DxD's tone of story won't really allow yandere to fit in it from the start anyway. Adding a yandere isn't like adding a new character one wrong move with the yandere and the story will go bad in a way.

Hakai
2016-06-08, 13:10
Well even here we had some comedic moments where Ise would feel 'killing intent' from Rias and the rest of his harem, then we have Yura thinking Rias and Akeno might kill her if she confessed to ise.
But that's about it, anything more serious just wouldn't feel right in this story.

Direwolf18
2016-06-08, 15:02
Mmmmm there is a distinct lack of knee socks and glasses... This is true.

And no Yanderes please they have a tendency to either stab someone important / like able in the face, or they chew on the furniture. Either way bat shit crazy and I have zero use for em.

DragonOsman
2016-06-08, 17:18
Well DxD's tone of story won't really allow yandere to fit in it from the start anyway. Adding a yandere isn't like adding a new character one wrong move with the yandere and the story will go bad in a way.

That too. Actually, I'd say that adding a yandere to this story at all would be bad. It just wouldn't fit. But, to each his own I guess.

Edit: One post late; @Cake and Direwolf: I agree with you both completely about yanderes.

aw454wtr
2016-06-09, 03:58
There should be a dere yankee type girl

DragonOsman
2016-06-09, 07:28
As long as she isn't a violent tsundere, and also isn't a yandere, any type of "dere" is fine with me.

ukulelembo
2016-06-09, 14:43
oh man, it brings back memories about that anime again
Do you know that character designs for DxD anime is done by same person that is responsible for School Days character design? :p

Ruki0089
2016-06-10, 04:50
Do you know that character designs for DxD anime is done by same person that is responsible for School Days character design? :p

Whatttt?! You lying right?!

Chichiryuushintei
2016-06-10, 06:14
Why are you surprised? School Days was adapted by TNK.

Gary29
2016-06-10, 08:33
ハイスクールD×D 22

Graduation Ceremony of the Gremory

The day of the graduation ceremony, Issei is determined to tell Rias ―― this is the opening of the final chapter! (arc)

Finally Issei's promotion to a High-class Devil was observed. Some confused with the rapid change of their own position (probabyl Asia & co.) the date of Rias and Akeno's graduation from the school was approaching. At that same time, the international rating game tournament being open for participation was announced in full force....

http://www.kadokawa.co.jp/product/321603000655/

All translations are subject to being slightly wrong. :heh:

When the quotes are out I'll start a vol. 22 thread.

B214
2016-06-10, 09:30
That's Google Translate right? Cause there are points that is inaccurate. Well from my lousy skills.

Finally Ise's High-class Promotion which is approved. Perplexed by the sudden change in his standings, Rias and Akeno's graduation day gradually approaches. At that time, an international Rating Game which all mythology can participate is announced...

Anyway in summarized form.

1. Ise's high-class promotion is approved.
2. Ise is having trouble adjusting to the sudden change in his standings.
3. Rias and Akeno's graduation approaches.
4. International Rating Game where all myths can participate is announced.