PDA

View Full Version : High School DxD Light Novel - Volume 22

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

n0m@n
2016-06-17, 03:07
This is a thread to discuss High School DxD Light Novel Volume 22.

Please stay on-topic and discuss what happens in this volume.

No shipping talk
No pointless chatter
No posting raws or novel illustrations
No posting translations of the novels themselves
No asking about when translations will be done
No posts only to update people about translation status (or to just say that something's "out")
No posts only to thank translators (please us PM or VM instead)

If you want to discuss a related topic, please feel free to request another thread be created about that topic.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
VOLUME 22 PREVIEW

High school DxD 22

That one year—

Many things happened but I’m sure there won’t be a year like that ever again.

This is the last story of my high school life I had experienced

――Hyoudou Issei

Now then. Let the first and the final, and also the biggest and the greatest “game” begin!!

The event to decide the “strongest”!

High school D×D 22

Ise, you are my pride. Even if you were to——. <Rias Gremory>

Even if you were to choose Rias, I still want to stay beside you for eternity―. <Himejima Akeno>

I will guide Ise-sama to victory. I am prepared to use any method in order to achieve that――. <Ravel Phoenix>

・The Immortal Bird: Raiser Phoenix

・Leviathan’s sister: Sona Sitri

From today I am also the part of this house! ―<Kunou>

・The Dragon King of the Black wicked: Saji Genshirou

・The next Archduke Seekvaira Agares

Everyone, please listen to my resolution…! <Shidou Irina>

・The first generation of the Journey to the West: Sun Wukong, Zhu Bajie, Sha Wujing

・Heaven’s Joker: Dulio Gesualdo

I already said it before. I am Ise’s sword. ―<Xenovia Quarta>

・The user of the Holy Spear: Cao Cao

・The strongest force of Mount Meru: Nezha

Very well. If that is your wish then I————shall become the part of your team. ――<Rossweisse>

・Emperor Diehauser Belial

・The Five great clan: Doumon, Kushihashi, Shinra, Himejima, Hyakki

When that time comes I shall fight with my all even if you are my opponent. ――<Kiba Yuuto>

・The legendary Evil Dragon Crom Cruach

・Fenrir

……There’s only had been one person whom I always wanted to give the victory to. ――<Toujou Koneko>

・The Reincarnation body of the Demon God: Gasoer Balor

・The Slash Dog that even cuts down a God: Ikuse Tobio

I am the male of Gremory. If you are going to stand in Rias-buchou’s way then I will defeat anyone regardless of who they are. ――<Gasper Vladi>

・The King of Lions: Sairaorg Bael

・The Holy Lighting Barakiel

Azazel is no longer with us so you need to decide this on your own. ―<Vali Lucifer>

・Rias Gremory’s Holy-Demonic Sword, Kiba Yuuto

I have always decided to follow Ise-san since long time ago. ――<Asia Argento>

・The Giant of Blaze, Surtr.

You should be proud. This is the result of this whole one year you have experienced. ――Maou Ajuka Beelzebub

・The King of Beasts, Typhon

You and Vali are my goal which I must defeat. So I will wait for you to you’re your decision. ――<Cao Cao>

・The Prince of Ashura Gods, Mahabali

You were always my goal. So come at me in any way. ――Saji Genshirou

・Indra

Hyoudou Issei-kun!
Show me whether you really are fitting for Akeno! ――<The Vice-Governor of Grigori Barakiel>

・The God of Destruction, Shiva

Stand tall, Hyoudou Issei. You are going to become someone with responsibilities. --<Sairaorg Bael>

・The Crimson-haired Ruin Princess, Rias Gremory

HAHAHA! You know this is a chance, right? --Indra

・The Hakuryuukou of the Morning Star: Vali Lucifer

Which of the two between me and Indra do you want to side with? ――<The God of Destruction Shiva>

・Sekiryuutei of Issei (lit. it reads as “The Blazing Truth” so Sekiryuutei of the Blazing Truth) , Hyoudou Issei

Rias and Akeno who are graduating from Kuou academy high school division

Ise and others who are moving to the next grade are finally in their third year

And the biggest as well as the last event waiting for Hyoudou Issei’s highschool life is――

The international Rating Game Tournament aimed for the every single forces rings the start of it.

Rivals and Gods that continues to appear in front of Hyoudou Issei.

He was already a being which God-class beings cannot ignore any longer――

――Those who he had met till now and the strong foes who he would encounter from now will all become his rival.

I realized just now that this isnt simply about choosing or not choosing.
Yeah, I had wished for to become a Harem King.
Rias, Asia, Akeno-san, and everyone—――!
If my ambition I had been aiming for lies after the International Tournament, then I――
――Hyoudou Issei

High school DxD 22; Gremory of the Graduation Ceremony

The story of Hyoudou Issei’s succession!

The final arc with battles, love, youth, and Harem-King!

Starting from 2016 Summer!

And thus Hyoudou Issei became a High Class Devil—

n0m@n
2016-06-17, 03:15
Wow, looks like there's going to be a Rating Game World Tournament for the final arc! Nice.
And Issei is going to be splitting from Rias for this. About time.
So Issei is going to parcitipate by being the 'leader' of his own group. Can pretty much confirm Asia, Xenovia, and most likely Rossweisse joining Ise's side. Though from the quote Koneko, Kiba, Gasper and maybe Akeno will be in Rias's side.

Kinda reminds me of YYH's Makai Unification Tournament for some reason since it will be the tournament in a final arc. Though the later was not a team match.
Maybe Ise and Shiva will pull of a Yusuke vs Yomi.:heh: Wonder how far Ise can reach in the tournament with his group.

Ruki0089
2016-06-17, 04:29
This what I'm talking about!? Hell yeah!!!

WingsoftheDragonix
2016-06-17, 04:30
The new volume looks really promising.

I know that we already see Isse acting as a leader in the past, but will be interesting to see him in that role in this final arc.

I also like the fact that it seems that we will learn more regarding the Five great clans.

DragonOsman
2016-06-17, 07:44
@Noman: Yeah, it'll be great to see Ise leading his own team in this tournament, but he's going to have to fight Rias, too, isn't he? I just hope it's not like that in the official Rating Games. Ise's her Pawn, so he shouldn't have to fight her (normally).

I love this quote from Ise: I realized just now that this isnt simply about choosing or not choosing.
If my ambition I had been aiming for lies after the International Tournament, then I――
――Hyoudou Issei

I really hope he'll answer Akeno's question in this Volume by choosing all of the girls who love him, as the Harem King.

Anyway, yeah, this Volume sounds like it'll be good. Looking forward to it (but, of course, we have to wait for Volume 21 to be translated first).

NeutralZero
2016-06-17, 08:08
now that is intense...
wonder whose house will Kunou belong to?
and who will be the other pieces of Issei's peerage...

DragonOsman
2016-06-17, 09:30
I think Rose is only going with him for the International Rating Game Tournament. Ise might not actually have her in his Peerage officially. We'll see, though. We have to see what Ise's going to do with his Evil Pieces when he gets them and who he's going to be using them on (he'll have to use them on some people and then trade with Rias for the ones he wants from her of the same types of Pieces).

WingsoftheDragonix
2016-06-17, 11:17
now that is intense...
wonder whose house will Kunou belong to?
and who will be the other pieces of Issei's peerage...
I thought that she was talking about Issei's house. Or at least that is what I thought when I read that.

I think Rose is only going with him for the International Rating Game Tournament. Ise might not actually have her in his Peerage officially. We'll see, though. We have to see what Ise's going to do with his Evil Pieces when he gets them and who he's going to be using them on (he'll have to use them on some people and then trade with Rias for the ones he wants from her of the same types of Pieces).
I'm pretty sure that he do not need to reincarnate someone for the trade, and that he just need to give Rias his unused pieces. For example, for Xenovia he just needs to give his Knight piece to Rias, same for Asia with the Bishop.

The same happened with Ravel from what I remember.

Hakai
2016-06-17, 11:23
Saji got a nickname :heh:

Anyway, seems like Diehauser might participate. Would be great, he's a cool guy.

Rose joining Ise wouldn't surprise me tbh, she's the newest member along with Asia and Xenovia so her loyalty to Rias might not be like that of Kiba/Gasper/Akeno's.

KnightShade
2016-06-17, 11:40
i need a new pair of pants....

HYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYPPPPPPPPPPPEEE ZOMG!

Gary29
2016-06-17, 12:12
Hell yeah. It sounds like this arc is gonna be decently long, if we're going to be experiencing the "last event in Ise's highschool life". He just started his third year, so that takes up an entire year of story...?

Ishi did also mention one final big development for all the girls in the vol.22 preview blog post. Finally we're getting some more real romance.

cyberdemon
2016-06-17, 12:32
hmm... so Rose wants to join Issei with Asia and Xenovia. Didn't expect that. Rias can replace Asia and Xenovia with Valerie and Tosca but who could replace Rose I wonder.

Issei now appears to have both bishops, a knight, and a rook secured but that is still a lot of empty positions to take part in the international tournament. Perhaps Ravel will have a list completely ready of strong people to fill the remaining positions quickly.

Ultragunner
2016-06-17, 12:33
yeah, if you put the "Harem-king" in the preview, you'd better go with it Ishi :heh:

Hakai
2016-06-17, 12:51
hmm... so Rose wants to join Issei with Asia and Xenovia. Didn't expect that. Rias can replace Asia and Xenovia with Valerie and Tosca but who could replace Rose I wonder.

I think Valerie should require a mutation piece.

IndividualEleven
2016-06-17, 16:31
So on the previous Arcs how many volumes do you think this Arc will take up?

DragonOsman
2016-06-17, 19:12
yeah, if you put the "Harem-king" in the preview, you'd better go with it Ishi :heh:

Touche. I hope something happens on that somewhere in this Volume. Later in the Arc, if not in this Volume.

@Cake: About Saji's nickname, yeah, I liked it. I also liked Ise's one, though. Especially the translation of it. Sekiryuutei of Issei (lit. it reads as “The Blazing Truth” so Sekiryuutei of the Blazing Truth) , Hyoudou Issei "'Sekiryuutei of the Blazing Truth' Ise" has quite the nice ring to it. Me like.

@Gary29: Yeah, some real romance would be good.

Chaos-Zero
2016-06-18, 01:37
I see that Volume 22 will serve as the last one for High School DxD light novel series. Looks like Issei going have a long fight in his life. I hope that it will have a good, sweet ending as well as having a really good future. As well as Issei ends up not only with Rias, but also his entire harem to make his girls happy. That way, he can finally fulfill his dream of becoming a harem king.

B214
2016-06-18, 01:55
Volume 22 is the start of the last arc......

Variabug
2016-06-18, 03:54
Yep, this is it guys. Last arc of Highschool DXD. Lets hope that Ischi ends the series with a bang and with how the preview for the arc is going it sounds like he'll deliver. There's also him teasing a possible sequel with the last couple of volumes and EX but that depends on how well sales go near the end. But whatever the future brings let us not go in tears of sadness, but joy of what has been brought to us.

But on a positive note. HIGH CLASS TIME, BABY! PLACE YOUR BETS ON WHO JOINS THE PEERAGE. I PUT 20 ON LEFAY.

bluestahli1
2016-06-18, 05:43
I'm sorry if I sound like an a-hole but, those titles that sound over the top like "Sekiryuutei of the Blazing truth" "The Dragon king of the black wicked" etc. are just hilarious to me :heh: but I like the ones that are more simple like Sairaorg's

DragonOsman
2016-06-18, 07:57
What's wrong with "Seikiryuutei of the Blazing Truth," though? It fits in with what we know of Ddraig's power (those flames that can burn anything and anyone except Albion, Great Red and (complete) Ophis). Ise's last name already apparently means something like "fire/flame path". And it seems like by changing the Kanji a bit, "Hyoudou" can also be read as "Blazing Truth". So really, it's just Ise's name with "Sekiryuutei" and the hiragana for "no"(の) added in.

@Chaos-Zero: Yeah, what B214 said. Volume 22 isn't the last Volume, it's just the start of the last Arc. You must've missed the memo.

@Variabug: Yeah, I know how you feel. It's great that he's finally a High-Class Devil. And yeah, I do think it's likely for him to add Le Fay to his Peerage; if it's okay for a Devil to reincarnate his/her contracted Magician, that is. I mean, she's his contracted Magician, and because of that it might not be okay for her to also be his servant Devil. We'll see, I guess.

Gary29
2016-06-18, 10:11
Crom Cruach for Queen :heh::heh::heh:

DragonOsman
2016-06-18, 10:23
That would be kind of funny (but also maybe a bit awkward). If he attempts it, I wonder if it'd require a Mutation Piece (compatibility with the Queen Piece is also something to ask about).

Ruki0089
2016-06-18, 11:44
Tiamat already made her debut and ise already become high class devil... isn't her timing and ise's was too good to be a coincidence? Unless... you know what I'm talking about...

DragonOsman
2016-06-18, 11:52
Are you suggesting that the Old Devils were trying to hold Ise's promotion back and Tiamat came and helped push his case so the promotion would go through? Actually, I hope you're right. The strongest Dragon King being his friend would be good. I'm still worried about the relationship between her and Ddraig, though.

Speaking of Ddraig, I wonder what his nickname is in accordance with special power (those flames)? Like Albion's is Gwiber (because of that dangerous poison)?

Ruki0089
2016-06-18, 11:56
Are you suggesting that the Old Devils were trying to hold Ise's promotion back and Tiamat came and helped push his case so the promotion would go through? Actually, I hope you're right. The strongest Dragon King being his friend would be good. I'm still worried about the relationship between her and Ddraig, though.

Speaking of Ddraig, I wonder what his nickname is in accordance with special power (those flames)? Like Albion's is Gwiber (because of that dangerous poison)?

Wait... I never said anything about that part... it's just her debut and ise promotion as high class devil was too good to be called coincidence...

DragonOsman
2016-06-18, 11:58
Which is what led me think that maybe she had a hand in his promotion. It's a thought along a similar line.

Ruki0089
2016-06-18, 12:04
What?? You think she has something to do with ise's promotion?? Is she want to be his queen or something??:heh:
Well, I hope she did... Dragon fusion~~

DragonOsman
2016-06-18, 12:06
She and Ajuka run the Rating Games behind the scenes, if you recall. Shouldn't that already give you a hint as to what I mean?

Ruki0089
2016-06-18, 12:08
What? I was kidding about her being ise's queen though:heh:

Somethindarker
2016-06-18, 12:45
Wow it's been a while since I've read anything about DxD, looks like it's ending huh, seems about right. Gotta catch up soon, also what ever happened to Ravel? Did she stay dead/missing?

Ruki0089
2016-06-18, 12:53
She's completely fine and alive ~~

Somethindarker
2016-06-18, 12:58
She's completely fine and alive ~~

Well then I guess I'll pick this story back up. Season 3 of the anime was godawful and Ravel going missing was the final straw. Thanks for the spoiler Ruki~

DragonOsman
2016-06-18, 14:42
Don't drop it just for something like that, please. And besides, it should've already been obvious that Ravel wouldn't die. Don't you remember Ishibumi's words that he'd give all of Ise's harem members a happy ending? It means none of them will die, while also telling us that this series will have a True Harem ending. Remember?

And, again, like B214 said: Volume 22 is only the start of the Final Arc. It's not the Final Volume.

dark44
2016-06-18, 14:55
so Rias team well be only 5 or she well bring new members i dont think she can do much with 5
how many Issei can have in his team any one remmbers how much his 4 members worth?

batman14
2016-06-18, 15:17
so Rias team well be only 5 or she well bring new members i dont think she can do much with 5
how many Issei can have in his team any one remmbers how much his 4 members worth?

Asia 1 Bishop Ravel 1 Bishop and Xenovia 1 knight i dont get how you got 4 members

dark44
2016-06-18, 15:27
Asia 1 Bishop Ravel 1 Bishop and Xenovia 1 knight i dont get how you got 4 members

rossweisse didnt join him

batman14
2016-06-18, 15:34
rossweisse didnt join him

Not right now but she might going by the text we got for Vol 22 but i hope it does not happen

dark44
2016-06-18, 15:42
Not right now but she might going by the text we got for Vol 22 but i hope it does not happen

why she would be good add to his team
beside now rias can use her 8 piceces on issei to have 8 pawns
issei still needs another knight and queen and 8 pawns

batman14
2016-06-18, 16:00
why she would be good add to his team
beside now rias can use her 8 piceces on issei to have 8 pawns
issei still needs another knight and queen and 8 pawns

Issei will still be Rias pawn and i just dont want Issei to take more then to people from Rias

beast 666
2016-06-18, 17:32
Hyoudou Issei-kun!
Show me whether you really are fitting for Akeno! ――<The Vice-Governor of Grigori Barakiel>

When read this part makes me think that Barakiel will fight against issei to demonstrate that it is worthy of having akeno?, or perhaps barakiel tell that issei in his first rating game with his new team?.

Thank you for the information apparently this volume will make very interesting since it is the final arc after all, something that wants to know is that it happened to Samejima Kouki (carrier of a white cat which appeared at Slash/Dog) never mentioned that it happened then will be dead?

DragonOsman
2016-06-18, 17:45
Issei will still be Rias pawn and i just dont want Issei to take more then to people from Rias

Yeah, Ise will always be Rias' Pawn, but it's not like she can use him in the tournament unless they never get pitted against each other in it as Kings.

DragoMuseveni
2016-06-18, 17:56
I still wonder who will be Ise`s queen . Anyway this volume might dedicated just for ise , i mean to see how is he gonna built his peerage .
And so the Shiva vs Indra war might start in the middle of this game

Variabug
2016-06-18, 19:39
That's a pretty good question that I know people have been debating or some time. Out of all the current candidates none of them are perfect as they have some kind of limitation or problem.

Ravel is a bishop and pretty much said she wants to be a bishop. At the same time she doesn't have much in terms of offensive might and is much better suited for support despite having the powers of the Pheonix.

Kuroka is already a bishop and might not want to be a piece again

LeFay doesn't really seem to have "Queen" potential as she doesn't have much in terms of pure firepower

Kunou is the princess of the Youkai and Ischi said in an afterword that because of her responsibilities she wouldn't be a part of the peerage

Ophis is a god

And Tiamat simply hates Ddraig

Some of the newer candidates also have problems as well

Rossweisse is already a Rook and might not want to be a permanent member of Issei's peerage.

Grayfia is technically "free" as she was left behind by Sirzechs but even then a "trade" might not be possible, that is if she would ever want to be a member of another peerage other than her husband's. To me its more likely she'll become the next Leviathan.

Valerie simply put is NEVER going to be paired with Issei because little Gaspie might go Alucard on his ass if he tried.

And Elmenhilde is a pure vampire and not a combatant in the slightest.

In the end none of the possible Queens for Issei's peerage are a 100% surefire with every one having a flaw that makes then unqualified for the position. When put like this LeFay seems to be the most likely as that can be remedied with training or if LeFay has more power/technique that she just hasn't shown yet. It could be possible that a new character might take the spot as an 11th hour harem member but that wouldn't be as satisfying as having a current character take the spot. So at this point all bets are off and we'll have to see how things roll during the next few volumes.

X102reddragon
2016-06-18, 19:59
Ah yes the beginning of the end. I have some catching up to do. I predect Timat will be Ise's queen. And Ise like was mentioned before will always be Rias's pawn and will always fight for her unless they somehow get pitted against each other. Plus since Rias is his King she'll always have authority over him. Come on harem ending! Hoping there is a sequel as well!

Blackplague
2016-06-18, 21:43
@DragonOsman when you said,
I really hope he'll answer Akeno's question in this Volume by choosing all of the girls who love him, as the Harem King.
What question did you mean? Just curious. I do not remember her asking any question when I read the preview. Also I agree with you in hoping he chooses all the girls who love him so he can become a true harem king.

@DragonOsman Ah. Thanks for the explanation.

Krudelu
2016-06-19, 03:58
The international Rating Game Tournament aimed for the every single forces rings the start of it.

Rivals and Gods that continues to appear in front of Hyoudou Issei.

He was already a being which God-class beings cannot ignore any longer――

Aight time for me to play this in my case ;)
music (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hUwupgqpTv8)

Anyway, I'm now wondering what do they mean by "every single forces." Do they mean every participants only for the devils? Or maybe the angels and others might join in as well? (iirc they're trying to also feature the other sides for the future rating game so this might be possible)

Overall, looking forward to it

DOmus
2016-06-19, 04:29
Why not Crom for queen? I would love that TBH.

For pawn candidates I think Elmenhide and that little dragon of Asia could work. Lirenkus could be part of his team in a distant future too. If Yasaka were to become his rook, thing would become even bette(though it cannot happen).

DragoMuseveni
2016-06-19, 07:11
There was some debating on a facebook group , a wild idea if i say , that Ise will convince Vali to be his Queen . What are your thoughts , to me it seems pretty impossible

DragonOsman
2016-06-19, 07:23
@DragonOsman when you said,

What question did you mean? Just curious. I do not remember her asking any question when I read the preview. Also I agree with you in hoping he chooses all the girls who love him so he can become a true harem king.

I was referring to this: Even if you were to choose Rias, I still want to stay beside you for eternity―. <Himejima Akeno> Not really a question, per say, but it can be thought of as one. When I read it, it made me think, "Well, of course he'll choose you too; he'll become a Harem King, so all of you win".

@Drago: Yeah, I have the same thoughts as you on Vali being his Queen. It seems impossible.

@DOmus: Asia's Dragon, Rassei, is her Familiar. And it hates Ise because of his gender (male Dragons hate males of other species). Rassei will hopefully come around eventually, though, since Ise is the Sekiryuutei. You'd think it'd be in Rassei's best interest to be buddies with him. But even then, I can't see it joining anyone's Peerage. As Asia's Familiar, it literally belongs to her.

@Variabug: Does Tiamat really hate Ddraig? It could also be something else and Ddraig just misunderstood. And even if she really does hate him, we don't even know why. Let's wait and see on this one for now.

Variabug
2016-06-19, 15:53
@Osman

To be fair, all we know about her is that she's strong, she's a big part of the Rating Games, she has a magic cellphone, and she hates Ddraig. I don't think she's really had a "proper" introduction in the series yet other than her brief appearance with Akuja so until she start interacting with the other characters (and to be fair there are a LOT of openings for characters right now) we won't truly know who Tiamat is.

DragonOsman
2016-06-19, 17:47
I know that we don't know much about her, but we do know that she's the strongest Dragon King and is nicknamed "Chaos Karma Dragon". We also know she apparently hates Ddraig, like you also said, but I think we need more info particularly on that since Ddraig could just be mistaken about that.

LowCholesterol
2016-06-19, 18:24
There was some debating on a facebook group , a wild idea if i say , that Ise will convince Vali to be his Queen . What are your thoughts , to me it seems pretty impossible

i doubt it too, it would be better if Vali have his own peerage.

Krudelu
2016-06-19, 18:26
imo I doubt Vali would want to be part of a peerage under his rival

DragonXX
2016-06-20, 02:40
So the Final Arc will be the Shiva vs Indra war and the Rating Game Tournament but I can't see this as big as a problem as Beast666 was but I guess this could still be a fate of the world thing because of the Shiva Indra war.

LowCholesterol
2016-06-20, 03:12
Shiva & Indra power isn't something laughable y'know.
Loki is a wet noodle compared to them

DragonOsman
2016-06-20, 17:20
Yeah, let's not underestimate those two. The Hindu Trimurti is nothing to scoff at.

Drace028
2016-06-20, 21:08
The Way I see Issei's team is gonna be like
1st of all I dont think any of the girls from Rias' team is gonna be part of Issei's simply because there is no real need.
I think Issei would be used as a bridge connecting all the OP AF, BadAss that would be needed in order to keep balance of the current world without the original leaders
Cao Cao- Knight 2x
Croam - Rook 2x
Valerie - Bishop 2x
Vali - Pawn 8x
Ophis - Queen
A line up like this and no one would question DxD's word to keep everyone in check while they figure out everything.
I'd say Vali would agree cause on this side he could basically fight anyone and as a way to make up for Azazel

That thing where Vali said he wanted to fight Isse's own team. I really think there is no other true team for Issei in terms of the rating games other then the one with Rias

batman14
2016-06-20, 21:29
The Way I see Issei's team is gonna be like
1st of all I dont think any of the girls from Rias' team is gonna be part of Issei's simply because there is no real need.
I think Issei would be used as a bridge connecting all the OP AF, BadAss that would be needed in order to keep balance of the current world without the original leaders
Cao Cao- Knight 2x
Croam - Rook 2x
Valerie - Bishop 2x
Vali - Pawn 8x
Ophis - Queen
A line up like this and no one would question DxD's word to keep everyone in check while they figure out everything.
I'd say Vali would agree cause on this side he could basically fight anyone and as a way to make up for Azazel

That thing where Vali said he wanted to fight Isse's own team. I really think there is no other true team for Issei in terms of the rating games other then the one with Rias

That team will never happen plus Ophis cant be his Queen

Drace028
2016-06-20, 21:45
That team will never happen plus Ophis cant be his Queen

Why Can't she?
at this point the rankings are getting messed up because of all the missing higher ups
and this team is not for the rating games but more of an image for controlling the possible rogue divinities.
Issei being one of the only guys with connection to a lot of powerful beings.

Brawlre
2016-06-20, 22:03
I think she can now the only reason she could not before was because the public still thought she was the leader of the chaos brigade but now they know who the true leader was so now it wouldn't be to far fetched to see her as his servant

Krudelu
2016-06-20, 22:05
Problem is would the evil piece work on her? Remember despite the nerf she's about twice stronger compared to two heavenly dragons at their prime iirc

Ruki0089
2016-06-20, 22:10
@Drace028
It was mentioned that God can't be reincarnated as devil...
Are you even reading this?

batman14
2016-06-20, 22:10
Why Can't she?
at this point the rankings are getting messed up because of all the missing higher ups
and this team is not for the rating games but more of an image for controlling the possible rogue divinities.

Azazel said it at the end of Vol 12 that she is to powerful even with not being at full power and Aisa Ravel and Xenovia are going to be in his peerage

Variabug
2016-06-20, 22:30
And as I said Gasper will probably not let Valerie be a part of Issei's peerage.

I don't think Crom will not join simply because he doesn't really do teams.

Cao also wants to test the limits of human capability, although out of all the males he is the most likely if Issei can convince him to abandon his humanity and "hero" status. But even then Cao is also not really a team player so him in a peerage wouldn't do very well.

Drace028
2016-06-21, 00:40
@Drace028
It was mentioned that God can't be reincarnated as devil...
Are you even reading this?

Like I said
Not the rating games team
But a team that functions as a symbol

batman14
2016-06-21, 01:47
Like I said
Not the rating games team
But a team that functions as a symbol

The only team Ophis can join is Issei second team that Vali told him to make Which i dont see happening cause Issei dont want her to fight

aw454wtr
2016-06-21, 03:44
To be honest, I am not really looking forward to rating game volumes, the only rating game that was actually fair was in vol 10, the RG in Vol 2 and 5 was extremely biased against Ise

Somehow I think the interantional tournament will end up being abandonded due to Indra vs Shiva war, with two hindu gods at war,the whole world and all dimensions would be affected, even the likes of rizeviem and the whole qlipoth put together are a minor threat when compared to hindu gods rampaging

The migh be a possibility of tiamat joining Ise, She may have hated the Ddraig in the past due to him and albion recklessly fighting,but now she must know Ddraig has changed..... or it could just be a lover's quarell between the two dragons in the past

As for ophis,I doubt even a mutation queen or two mutation Rooks would be enough to reincarnate her to a devil,she is at least 400% stronger than Ddraig in his prime

Now Lililith might be possible with a mutation piece(s)

LowCholesterol
2016-06-21, 06:32
Why Can't she?

no, she can't.
if underworld want to make Ophis a symbol to press a rogue, why didn't they make a public statement about underworld have Ophis as an allies?

it wouldn't disturb Ise future team composition

B214
2016-06-21, 07:47
To be honest, I am not really looking forward to rating game volumes, the only rating game that was actually fair was in vol 10, the RG in Vol 2 and 5 was extremely biased against Ise

The Rating Game in Vol 2 was unfair for Rias and her entire team not just Ise.

As for the one in Volume 5, i won't really call it biased but rather it was done on purpose. It's for the sake of having them grow.

“It seems like the higher-ups were the ones who decided that, Ise-kun. The youth, especially the matches we participate in somehow had rules told to us at the actual match. The matches like Bael vs Glasya-Labolas and Sitri vs Agares had the rules told to them a few days before the match.”

I didn’t know that! So Sairaorg-san and Saji had matches where they knew the details beforehand!

“Why were we the only ones given those kinds of situations which made us become nervous!? This is unreasonable, and it isn’t fair!”

“For our first match against Sitri, we were told about the rules beforehand, but for the matches after that, there are rumours that the higher-ups decided to purposely tell us when the match takes place.”

“What the hell, are we being played with?”

“I hear that the higher-ups put us in an irregular situation on purpose. I hear that they were trying to have both sides which include us and the group of the player we are put against go through a different type of growth. –And that actually did happen.”

Rias and the others didn't have any experience in fighting in a restricted situation, that could be why it was done. You can't call that biased cause in the end the team did undergo growth. Besides if just having some restriction = biased against someone, then you're saying the existence of the Scramble flag itself is a biased to Ise cause that game also has restriction on going full power.

DragonOsman
2016-06-21, 09:28
@Draco: If you're talking about Ise's second team, aside from his Peerage, then you have to understand that you're wrong about Vali even then. Vali said he wants to fight against Ise's team, not be a part of it. Remember: Ise and Vali are rivals.

And like Batman14 said, Ophis won't be allowed to join Ise's other team (aside from the Rating Game/Peerage one) anyway because Ise doesn't want to let her fight. He doesn't like the idea because he knows she doesn't really want to fight.

Also, please remember, Draco, that it's already decided that Asia, Xenovia and Ravel are going to be in his Peerage. Ise's going to trade with Rias for Asia and Xenovia.

@Aw: B214 is right about those Rating Games you mentioned.

Drace028
2016-06-21, 11:15
@Draco: If you're talking about Ise's second team, aside from his Peerage, then you have to understand that you're wrong about Vali even then. Vali said he wants to fight against Ise's team, not be a part of it. Remember: Ise and Vali are rivals.

And like Batman14 said, Ophis won't be allowed to join Ise's other team (aside from the Rating Game/Peerage one) anyway because Ise doesn't want to let her fight. He doesn't like the idea because he knows she doesn't really want to fight.

Also, please remember, Draco, that it's already decided that Asia, Xenovia and Ravel are going to be in his Peerage. Ise's going to trade with Rias for Asia and Xenovia.

@Aw: B214 is right about those Rating Games you mentioned.

Yes they are Rivals but at this point they are also Allies.
The team that I'm thinking is one that possibly would fight against other divine being that Vali would undoubtedly would want to be part of

Ise might not want her to fight but the current event she might need to either way

and honestly I think there is no reason for a trade. Ise right now on Rias' team is basically the 2nd in command, he's the strongest fighter and Ise still has his dream on making Rias' team the strongest in the rating game which I dont see happening if he makes his own Rating Game team

I might be extremely wrong with these prediction but who knows
I just like throwing my ideas

DragonOsman
2016-06-21, 11:44
Ise wants to become independent from Rias after making her the best in the Rating Games and becoming the Ultimate Pawn for her. That obviously means having his own Peerage and he'll add Xenovia and Asia to that Peerage after trading with Rias for them. It's already been decided in the LNs. But it's also true Ise will always be Rias' Pawn. And Rias will probably retire after becoming the best in the Rating Games, so Ise will go Pro with his own Peerage after that, I guess. Even if Ise does start participating with his own Team in the Rating Games, independent from Rias, I hope he won't have to face her precisely because he'll still be her Pawn.

As for Vali, I can't ever see him participating in Rating Games anyway. And he said to Ise in Volume 21 that he wants to fight against a team made by him some day, one that won't be for Rating Games but just a team Ise will have created similar to the current "Vali Team" which consists of Kuroka, Le Fay, Arthur and etc.

ady623
2016-06-21, 19:12
What do you think Ise's quote means

I realized just now that this isnt simply about choosing or not choosing.
――Hyoudou Issei

maybe hes chossing a side from Indra Or Shiva

Deciding on whether to leave rais or stay until shes champ

maybe hes choosing not to take people from Rais team which is plausiblebecause they have never really confirmed it even Ise says theres talks and it seems like im gonna have them but he himself never cam out and said imma take them and like vali said it doesnt really matter they can all still be with you in another team

NeutralZero
2016-06-22, 09:08
potential members of Isei's group aside
is there a chance that Akeno and Kiba would also turn into high class devil. After all they along with Isei are the only ones in Ria's peer that is currently a mid class devil...

DragonOsman
2016-06-22, 12:22
@Ady: I think he's talking about choosing between the girls and saying he doesn't have to because he's going to be Harem King anyway. I'm just not sure about the thing that he says lies after the International Tournament.

ady623
2016-06-22, 14:15
@Neutralzero probably not at this moment cuz theres no real reason for them to become ones like with the mid-level test

@Dragonosman that could be it cuz all the girls are saying ill still be by your side maybe they were thinking he would choose rais and thats it.

and maybe for the Rating Game thing hes talking about how if he wants to be independent he needs to start now and hes leaving or that he needs to do something important alone .

DragonOsman
2016-06-22, 15:52
[Firstly, it's "Rias". Please get her name right.]

Akeno and Kiba might still become High-Class Devils. They just don't want to get Peerages of their own like Ise wants to. As for the third sentence in your post: that could be it, too, yeah (the Rating Game part - the part about him maybe needing to do something alone could be true, but I'm not sure).

ady623
2016-06-22, 16:53
LOL i keep putting the A before I sorry.

and ya maybe the others could get bumped up too cuz it would be cool if everybody got promoted together

hmm i couldn't even guess what he gonna do but im excited to see him grow

beast 666
2016-06-22, 18:02
@Osman: you're right.

Other character that should have a rank promotion could be Xenovia think she fact many surprising actions, so it should be a demon of middle class after all.
I have a question anyone has new information about the v22?

X102reddragon
2016-06-22, 18:19
Timat is someone who I hope will be included more in the story. We know next to nothing about her. Don't know is she's a potential harem candidate, but it'll be good to have more insight on her.

Variabug
2016-06-22, 21:21
@Osman: you're right.

Other character that should have a rank promotion could be Xenovia think she fact many surprising actions, so it should be a demon of middle class after all.
I have a question anyone has new information about the v22?

Nope, we won't know get any spoilers until July 20 when 22 is released. Until then all we have are the spoilers released a few days ago.

@X102

I feel ya. She's the only Dragon King who hasn't made a true appearance with only a cameo. I think that she would be really good for discovering more about Ddraig's and Albion's pasts since recently we found out more about them with Albion being Gwiber and having a power poison.

aw454wtr
2016-06-23, 04:13
Judging from EX, Ise does not really participate in RG's. Besides I see no problem for Asia and Xenovia to joins Ise's peerage, if rias needs them for a RG (which Ise would have to participate as her pawn) she could just temporarily trade back asia and xenovia for the RG and trade them back to Ise afterwards.

It's established that Ise cannot have a RG against Rias or have a RG at the same time Rias has a RG due to him always being her pawn, I dont think the rules allow trading yourself with evil pieces

At the very least every member of Rias Peerage and Sairaorg Peerage should be promoted to the next class, they fought directly against Qllipoth to protect the underworld and save the world

DragonOsman
2016-06-23, 04:47
@Aw: Agreed, though I think Ise may have participated in some Rating Game matches independently before having stop due to being too busy. And Rias also seems to retired in EX, hopefully before Ise had matches where he was the King (if he did have any).

@Beast: Like Variabug said. We don't have anything except for the quotes posted in this thread and some words from the author on Twitter or somewhere.

@Variabug: I agree about Tiamat. I really hope we learn more about her.

XFire
2016-06-23, 15:00
Issei in EX literally ate a god and used his arm for a nosepick. Considering the increasingly broken nature of his powers (Penetrate, the flames, two separate god modes) it's unlikely he'd be entering the RG's without being under extremely heavy restrictions save special occasions against people like Vali or maybe Cao Cao (we all know he'll be a good guy, don't fight it).

Besides, his whole schedule is planned out like a century in advance. Between that and being the go-to enforcer for the alliance, he probably doesn't have much time.

KnightShade
2016-06-23, 15:18
^that's assuming the future will be exactly the same as EX.

Variabug
2016-06-23, 18:30
Since the entire point of EX was to keep the future the way it was I think its pretty obvious that the future will be like that.

As for RG participation it was never said that Issei doesn't participate in the games, rather that it is simply very difficult because he is busy. As for Rias we really don't know much other than she retired as head of the Gremory and currently is a successful businesswoman. She might still participate but considering that her most powerful piece is not only a fellow player as well as extremely busy I wouldn't be surprised if her appearances within Rating Games are rare as well. She could have retired after becoming champion since Issei is currently a low-tier Super Devil with no one knowing how strong he'll be at the end of the series no less 30 years in the future.

DragonOsman
2016-06-23, 18:41
@Kidstandout: Like Variabug said. I agree with him; the point of EX was to say that the future can't change much, if at all. I only hope Ise in the future can make time for his family.

As for Ise being a fellow player to Rias, that's nothing to worry about; after all, she only has to worry about him being her Pawn and most valuable Piece. They can't fight each other in Rating Games (or at least, I hope they can't).

Hakai
2016-06-23, 18:51
Rias' team in the future should be pretty damm strong even without Ise since she'll have Super Devil Gasper.
Kiba, Rias, Akeno and Koneko should reach Ultimate Class as well since Wukong said he'll train them to that level eventually.
As for the replacement of her 3 or 4 pieces I'm sure she'll find strong servants, it was said her talent to gather servants is on per with her brother.

@Osman we really don't know how it works when a servant devil starts his/her own peerage.
If anything the preview implies Rias might have to face Ise in the future
When that time comes I shall fight with my all even if you are my opponent. ――<Kiba Yuuto>

I am the male of Gremory. If you are going to stand in Rias-buchou’s way then I will defeat anyone regardless of who they are. ――<Gasper Vladi>

KnightShade
2016-06-23, 19:22
Since the entire point of EX was to keep the future the way it was I think its pretty obvious that the future will be like that.

@Kidstandout: Like Variabug said. I agree with him; the point of EX was to say that the future can't change much, if at all. I only hope Ise in the future can make time for his family.

the point of EX was to prevent loki from meddling with the future.

and the thing is, there is a thing called the butterfly effect. something as simple as interacting with an insect can set off a chain reaction leading to certain events happening. the minute you have future characters interacting with the past in any form, that timeline has effectively changed even if it's too a minor degree. I'm not saying that the entire basis of EX could change as it's clear that it's supposed to be dxd's future, especially with the main book setting up things that directly result in the EX timeline. But i disagree with the idea that it will be exactly the same when there are aspects of EX's timeline we still don't understand.

Darius Drake
2016-06-23, 19:32
Issei in EX literally ate a god and used his arm for a nosepick. Considering the increasingly broken nature of his powers (Penetrate, the flames, two separate god modes) it's unlikely he'd be entering the RG's without being under extremely heavy restrictions save special occasions against people like Vali or maybe Cao Cao (we all know he'll be a good guy, don't fight it).

Besides, his whole schedule is planned out like a century in advance. Between that and being the go-to enforcer for the alliance, he probably doesn't have much time.

...Issei in EX is one of the Maou. As such, under the rules we already know, he's not allowed to participate in the Rating Games, period. To participate, Rias would have to "hire", at least, eight "Pawns" to fill in Issei's spot. Sure, some of those could be more-than-one-pawn Pawns, but still.

Oh, and, anyone who's suggesting that Issei make a five (or six) person team (I'm looking at you, Drace028), that'll be TERRIBLE for a Ratings Game Team. Rias's team's already relatively restricted for filling in all the Pawn spots with Issei. I don't care how powerful or Over Powered your selections are, Ratings Games are SUPPOSED to be based around strategy, not raw power, and having the lowest amount of subordinates possible means that there's less possible strategies available. Hell, look at the Dice Figure competition against Sairaorg. Having a team who's lowest value is "6", instead of the more common "1" or "3" gives such huge restrictions that it can't really be called fair anymore. Or in Scramble Flag, limiting your team to the bare limits would mean that it's easier for your opponent to get around your team members.

Basically, it's stupid.

Ruki0089
2016-06-23, 20:10
@Darius Drake
Lol... let him (Drace028) be... he just having delusion... that kind of team was too weird for the story or rather that won't happen to this Novel...no matter how many times he pray...

LowCholesterol
2016-06-23, 20:14
yeah, let's forget that ridiculous idea.

Drace028
2016-06-23, 20:50
LOL
again..
I never said that my idea was for a ratings games team,I know it wont work for a rating games team.
I said that the team I'm imagining for is for something completely different.

LowCholesterol
2016-06-23, 21:07
then for what purpose?
for threathen the rebellous force? as a symbol?

Darius Drake
2016-06-23, 22:30
LOL
again..
I never said that my idea was for a ratings games team,I know it wont work for a rating games team.
I said that the team I'm imagining for is for something completely different.

You listed their positions as things like 2xKnight, 8xPawn. Basically, you were suggesting that Issei use his Evil Pieces on them, which would make them his Ratings Games Team.

Also, I only used you as an example as you made a whole team made out of Max-Out-On-One-Person Individuals. Which makes it the best example of what a bad-but-has-power team.

reinastar
2016-06-24, 00:21
such an update really nice Onii-Sama and Onee-Sama, I really hope the next villain is really strong and make a severe beat down on team dxd that would be so lovely~

cyberdemon
2016-06-24, 00:51
Judging from EX, Ise does not really participate in RG's. Besides I see no problem for Asia and Xenovia to joins Ise's peerage, if rias needs them for a RG (which Ise would have to participate as her pawn) she could just temporarily trade back asia and xenovia for the RG and trade them back to Ise afterwards.

It's established that Ise cannot have a RG against Rias or have a RG at the same time Rias has a RG due to him always being her pawn, I dont think the rules allow trading yourself with evil pieces

At the very least every member of Rias Peerage and Sairaorg Peerage should be promoted to the next class, they fought directly against Qllipoth to protect the underworld and save the world

well special rules could be put in place like Ise can't use his pawns in a RG against Rias.

Variabug
2016-06-24, 00:57
There could also be some way to substitute either other pieces or people to supplement Rias' team as she faces Issei. If there is a time for a Issei vs Rias fight its going to be the next arc, which might show how games between them will work.

Ruki0089
2016-06-24, 02:18
Next arc??? You mean the final arc?

Darius Drake
2016-06-24, 03:00
There could also be some way to substitute either other pieces or people to supplement Rias' team as she faces Issei. If there is a time for a Issei vs Rias fight its going to be the next arc, which might show how games between them will work.

There is. It'll also, probably, work to replace members who have been too injured to fight, killed, or, in some cases, retired. And, yes, it has already been mentioned. In what's been translated. Ex-Dragon King, Ultimate Class Devil Tannin mentioned that he got his promotions through hiring himself out to Demons as a Queen until he became a High Class Devil and was able to select a piece of land which had the Dragon Apples or whatever they're translated into.

This was important, as Mephisto Pheles is one of the people who doesn't participate in the Ratings Games, despite having his own peerage.

aw454wtr
2016-06-24, 04:23
Dont think Ise will ever face Rias, can anyone really see Ise attacking Rias or even letting anyone to try and hurt Rias even if it was a RG?, Ise will more likely just resign the RG

Drace028
2016-06-24, 08:43
You listed their positions as things like 2xKnight, 8xPawn. Basically, you were suggesting that Issei use his Evil Pieces on them, which would make them his Ratings Games Team.

Also, I only used you as an example as you made a whole team made out of Max-Out-On-One-Person Individuals. Which makes it the best example of what a bad-but-has-power team.

It's like the Maou's team...
They use the Evil Pieces to say which ones are on their main fighting force/team BUT they are not allowed to participate in the Rating Games.

Ruki0089
2016-06-24, 08:50
That's why everyone think your team looks weird and ridiculous.... Vali has his own team but he's not even using evil piece... or cao cao with his old team...
Ise in future might have two separated team... his team with evil piece for rating game and his team outside of devil system that he gathered for certain purpose like Vali teams

DragonOsman
2016-06-24, 09:15
^Exactly.

And I still don't think Ise and Rias will fight each other in Rating Games. Ise is and always will be Rias' Pawn, even after he gets his own Peerage. If Rias gets other Pawns to substitute Ise, fine, but otherwise, no way. But even then, Ise wouldn't want to fight her, even in a Rating Game, like Aw said.

But has Ise really become a Maou in the future? I've only read the EX summaries, so I might've missed something. If he's really become a Maou, then yeah, like Darius said, he can't participate in Rating Games with his own Peerage. I'm not sure if he really can't even participate as part of Rias' Peerage, though.

Ruki0089
2016-06-24, 09:28
Ise's peerage looks so OP they're not allowed to participate rating game.

DragonOsman
2016-06-24, 11:37
If Ise's a Maou in the future, he won't be allowed to participate with his own Peerage anyway. In Rias', maybe (I'm not sure on this).

B214
2016-06-24, 12:22
If Ise is a maou in the future, he wouldn't have been recognized as "Hyoudou" or "Gremory" anymore. He'll be known as "Lucifer" or some other title of the Maou.

DragonOsman
2016-06-24, 12:36
Yeah, true. But those four also aren't the only Maou titles anymore in the future. There are two or so others, apparently. But yeah, Gremory or Hyoudou weren't included IIRC.

B214
2016-06-24, 12:40
The three other are Mammon, Belial and Belphegor (not sure about this one). Either way if Ise was to be a maou in the future, he'll have to abandon his surname like Sirzechs and the others, so since Ise is known as Gremory and Hyoudou, he's not a maou.

Variabug
2016-06-24, 13:22
I remember Robertina saying that outside the Gremory house Issei has "many names". It could be possible that Issei among his family and friends is still called "Hyodou" or "Gremory" but outside he is one of the Maou. Then again we don't know the full extent of the reforms made by the previous Maou to the Devil government so it could be possible that he might not have to adopt the title as a name, but that is pure speculation. The biggest teller on whether or not Issei will become a Maou is if they can have harems now.

B214
2016-06-24, 13:32
I remember Robertina saying that outside the Gremory house Issei has "many names". It could be possible that Issei among his family and friends is still called "Hyodou" or "Gremory" but outside he is one of the Maou. Then again we don't know the full extent of the reforms made by the previous Maou to the Devil government so it could be possible that he might not have to adopt the title as a name, but that is pure speculation. The biggest teller on whether or not Issei will become a Maou is if they can have harems now.

Robertina barely appeared at all. And no there's nowhere in the summary or translated part that states that Ise has many names outside the Gremory house.

Variabug
2016-06-24, 13:47
EX 4 Part 3

“He has different names when he is outside of the house”

beast 666
2016-06-24, 17:40
From my point of view it would be very interesting to see a Rating Game of Rias vs issei, would be something very incredible to see the result, as many people above said issei would be very difficult to defeat Rias since within the knows that she have a dream of being the champion of the rating game, therefore he swear protect that dream which would not allow Rias to lose against he, would also Rias have a bit of compassion by issei as he is the man who loves, so it would be a good idea by the author show this Rating Game with a very unexpected result.

Along the EX is said to issei have different names, of which many had a fear as Renzo said previously.

The ex never themselves very well what happened to the characters in the future, only to say little things that did not affect the future, a personal theory tells me that Rias if fulfilled his dream, but because of the new war could not continue competing in future rating games.

Darius Drake
2016-06-24, 17:52
It's like the Maou's team...
They use the Evil Pieces to say which ones are on their main fighting force/team BUT they are not allowed to participate in the Rating Games.

And if Sirzechs ever stepped down from being the Maou, that's the team that he would have been allowed to participate in the Ratings Games with. You're essentially making an argument for Issei to WASTE his Evil Pieces, OF WHICH HE ONLY GETS ONE SET, so that he has over-powered subordinates that don't need training. In other words, you're making an argument for Issei to never participate in the Ratings Games with his own force. Which isn't going to happen, so drop the Evil Pieces from your list.

DragonOsman
2016-06-24, 18:21
^That's if Ise did become a Maou in the future. He might not have. But yeah, if he did become a Maou he wouldn't be allowed to participate in Rating Games (but if the rules about Maou really aren't changed in the future at all, he also wouldn't be "Hyoudou Issei Gremory" but some kind of Maou name with "Issei" in it, and he also won't be allowed to harem since Maou aren't allowed to have a harem - and that'd be bad for Ise because having a harem is one of his biggest dreams).

The main thing is probably the fact that the Maou are pawns in the hands of the House of Bael and also the Old Devils; even if Ise gets involved in politics, I really doubt he want to become a puppet of the Old Devils or of the House of the Great King.

@Variabug: Yeah, she did say that. Thanks for the quote.

Drace028
2016-06-24, 19:12
And if Sirzechs ever stepped down from being the Maou, that's the team that he would have been allowed to participate in the Ratings Games with. You're essentially making an argument for Issei to WASTE his Evil Pieces, OF WHICH HE ONLY GETS ONE SET, so that he has over-powered subordinates that don't need training. In other words, you're making an argument for Issei to never participate in the Ratings Games with his own force. Which isn't going to happen, so drop the Evil Pieces from your list.

I get what you're saying
and yes I'm basically saying that he would never participate in the Rating Games with his own force. I still think that for the rating games his team will only always be with Rias' team. I dont see him having his own Rating Games team because of his dream on making Rias number 1 which I think wont work if Issei has his own team.
But again that's just my take, probably all wrong or some right or none at all who knows just throwing my idea there. Specially after reading the preview

-"Rivals and Gods that continues to appear in front of Hyoudou Issei.
He was already a being which God-class beings cannot ignore any longer"
note: GODS is the realm that Issei is fighting at right now
and the particular force that I stated still need ALOT of training mainly because the forces they're against are also still OP AF

B214
2016-06-24, 20:00
EX 4 Part 3

It only said different names not many names, different and many aren't the same. Sona using Shitori Souna (支取 蒼那) as name alias in school doesn't mean she has many names.

DragonOsman
2016-06-24, 21:38
@Drace: You don't know what Ise's aspirations and dreams are. He wants to become the Ulfimate Pawn for Rias and he also wants to make her the best in the Rating Games, that's indeed true, but Rias will likely retire after she becomes the best and then Ise will participate with his own Peerage. He's said that that's his dream. Don't forget. He wants to become independent from Rias after making her number one in the Rating Games. If she doesn't retire, though, then I just hope they don't have to fight each other because Ise will always her Pawn anyway and it'd be bad if he has to fight against her as their respective authorities might conflict with each other since he'd have to participate as part of her Peerage whenever she participates in a Rating Game match.

It'd be different if he became a Maou (different only up until the part where a Maou can't participate in Rating Games with his or her own Peerage and perhaps also not as part of another King's Peerage either -- though I'm not sure about that one), but that doesn't seem possible because a Maou can't have a harem and they also have to have the same surname as one of the original Maou. But we know that Ise is a Harem King in the future and that his name is also Hyoudou Issei Gremory.

As for Ise's "different names," those are more nicknames or monikers than actual names, so it doesn't count here.

Bigmac
2016-06-24, 22:54
Issei will never fight Rias as he will always be Rias' pawn and Rias will never trade him away so they will never be each others opponents in the Rating Games. Rias will eventually become the champion then retire which Issei will then enter the games as a King with his own peerage.

His workload is also only going to get worse considering how much destruction Trihexa caused along with the sacrifices people made to keep the world safe. He doesn't care about politics but he will get dragged into it more and more the stronger and more popular he gets. I still think the whole booked for xxx years situation is crazy but I can see why his workload is increasing.

It will be interesting to see how he acts as a King with his servants. That will be great to read so hopefully we get a taste of that in this final arc. I'm also wondering if Rias and maybe Sona will also end up teaching him on how to be a decent King too.

Ruki0089
2016-06-24, 23:06
I bet his servant or his peerage would call him "Danna" for male servant and "Master", "Goshujin-sama",. "Danna-sama" for female servant... with his current harem, I think he will add male servant...

B214
2016-06-25, 02:08
Why do you people keep thinking and emphasizing that Rias will retire once becoming the Rating Game champion? Diehauser didn't retire after becoming no. 1, so under what reason, what pretext and what basis that Rias will retire after becoming no. 1? She has the option and right to continuing the Rating Games as no. 1 too. And this is Rias who wants to be number 1, do you think someone as prideful like Rias will just retire immediately after working hard to reach no. 1 spot? Besides, Ise isn't aiming to be number 1 in Rating Game, he just wants to participate and win a few titles in the process. He can still join the game even if Rias remains active.

DragonOsman
2016-06-25, 09:47
Yeah, that's true, but then they better hope they don't get pitted against each other in Rating Game matches for whatever reason. I know Rias doesn't have to retire, but it might be better than having to face Ise in Rating Game matches. Ise also wouldn't want to attack her, even in a Rating Game match, so he'd also be in a pinch if it ever happened. Remind me again what his attack patterns against women are? Dress Break and Bilingual? He already promised himself that he'd never use the former against Rias or any other female ally he cares about, so he'd rather die before using it on her if he can help it. And he also doesn't like attacking girls either, even more so if the girl in question is someone he loves.

Drace028
2016-06-25, 10:31
Yeah, that's true, but then they better hope they don't get pitted against each other in Rating Game matches for whatever reason. I know Rias doesn't have to retire, but it might be better than having to face Ise in Rating Game matches. Ise also wouldn't want to attack her, even in a Rating Game match, so he'd also be in a pinch if it ever happened. Remind me again what his attack patterns against women are? Dress Break and Bilingual? He already promised himself that he'd never use the former against Rias or any other female ally he cares about, so he'd rather die before using it on her if he can help it. And he also doesn't like attacking girls either, even more so if the girl in question is someone he loves.

Yeah but at that point the prideful Rias would never accept a match like that where Issei isn't even trying. Rias would rather lose than win in a fight where the opponent didn't take them seriously.

Ariel_Saeba
2016-06-25, 11:44
Just lurking this thread and read all the speculations... It's fun that way :heh:

For all the Rating Game debate, the facts that I know from the latest update and EX is that all of Ise's family members would be RG players. The major possibility is that they are high rankers, but whether or not Rias or anybody becomes the number one is still not clear. Diehauser and Roygun Belphegor are Maou candidates, and both are 1st and 2nd rankers, so there would be a shift in the competition before the ExE/UL invasion halted the Games.

For politics, remember that Super Devils will be increased to six (or seven, IIRC), and that includes Kiba, Gasper, Vali, Ise, and Ajuka, and all of them are vanguards. That alone will change the Underworld political map. Vali is a major candidate for the title of Lucifer (but I doubt he will immediately take his post should he accept it), as well as others like Sairaorg.

As for Ise's peerage, Asia, Xenovia and Ravel are a given. No idea for others, but there are several candidates.

Oh, and I highly doubt Vali will not include Lavinia to his team. She's the only one fit to be his restraining bolt other than his mother's family and Azazel.

DragonOsman
2016-06-25, 12:13
From EX? Where does it imply that all of Ise's family members are Rating Game players? And I hope he manages to make Rias #1 eventually.

Ajuka is already a Super Devil, isn't he? Vali, Ise, Kiba and Gasper become Super Devils, but Ajuka already is one even now.

Variabug
2016-06-25, 13:12
To be specific, all of Issei's children are Rating Game players as well as Issei and Rias participating before the games where suspended during the Evil Gods war. As for Vali, we know that he found an artifact and created his own magician association sometime in the future and has an obsession with Ramen (can't wait till that is showman). Whether or not that disqualifies him from the position is unknown we doesn't know. Also remember that Vali wants to continue to be Issei's rival and thus is more likely to fight Issei. Because Issei will become a huge part of the Underworld is could be possible that Vali refuses the position of Lucifer in order not the be an "ally" of Issei giving him the excuse to fight. Then again this is 30 years in the future and thus equating modern Vali to future Vali might not be accurate. And Akuja is the 2nd strongest of the original Super Devils, now the strongest due to reasons of death and sealing. Also to @Ariel_Saeba, I'm the lurker of this forum!

DragonOsman
2016-06-25, 14:02
Vali can still be Ise's rival and have occasional fights - or spars - against him as a Maou.

I already knew about the Ramen and the new Magician's Association. I just wanted clarification on the point about everyone from Ise's family being a Rating Game player (the Devils, anyway; let's remember that Ise's parents are humans).

Variabug
2016-06-25, 14:09
Remember, Vali said that he would probably attempt to fight against Issei's treat with his own rather than be a part or work with t. As a Maou he could definitely spar against Issei but that depends on how he grows over time. I personally think that Issei and Vali's relationship will develop to be similar to Akuja and Sirzechs. Akuja has been known to disagree and even fought for the title of Lucifer with Sirzechs but ultimately is completely loyal to his friend, in fact Sirzechs is the only person we known of that he is completely loyal to. While I don't think Vali will become that detached to everyone but The fact that he is willing to train Issei's son and has pretty much become a surrogate father to Ex shows that their relationship by that time is close.

DragonOsman
2016-06-25, 14:28
I guess you're right. Their relationship could be similar to Naruto and Sasuke's when the former had become Hokage. Sasuke trained Boruto, too.

But when you say, "Issei's treat," don't you mean "team" rather than "treat"?

Variabug
2016-06-25, 14:58
Yeah, I'm on my phone on vacation so I might say some wierd things. Anyway to connect the two together I wonder who the rest of the new Maou are and which ones will appear in the main series. Sairorg is pretty much a given and I already put my guess at Grayfia taking up Leviathan, but who else could be powerful enough to take the remaining places?

Hakai
2016-06-25, 16:26
Yeah, I'm on my phone on vacation so I might say some wierd things. Anyway to connect the two together I wonder who the rest of the new Maou are and which ones will appear in the main series. Sairorg is pretty much a given and I already put my guess at Grayfia taking up Leviathan, but who else could be powerful enough to take the remaining places?

Millicas.

10char

DragonOsman
2016-06-25, 16:40
Probably. But with Grayfia taking the position of Leviathan, what happens if Sirzechs comes back someday? Wouldn't she have to go back to his Peerage? Or could she stay as Leviathan even as part of his Peerage? And if Vali became the Maou Lucifer, since he already has the name, will he and Sirzechs have to fight for the position of Maou Lucifer?

Variabug
2016-06-25, 17:35
@Cake Millicas is a prime candidate in universe, but he is the head of the Gremory during EX. doesn't mean he won't become one at some point however.

@Osman My guess is considering the seal should last 1000 years (long by even devil standards) that they'll deal with it as it comes. However considering that Sirzechs had the position for at least two centuries along with Grayfia (if she takes the spot) will be Leviathan for a millennia, I wouldn't be surprised if they retired. Falbium would definitely retire if given the chance and Serafall might want to bring back her Magical Girl series, but that doesn't mean that she would have to retire. That's really all speculation and making the assumption that they SURVIVE against Trihexa.

KnightShade
2016-06-25, 17:41
@Cake Millicas is a prime candidate in universe, but he is the head of the Gremory during EX. doesn't mean he won't become one at some point however.

@Osman My guess is considering the seal should last 1000 years (long by even devil standards) that they'll deal with it as it comes. However considering that Sirzechs had the position for at least two centuries along with Grayfia (if she takes the spot) will be Leviathan for a millennia, I wouldn't be surprised if they retired. Falbium would definitely retire if given the chance and Serafall might want to bring back her Magical Girl series, but that doesn't mean that she would have to retire. That's really all speculation and making the assumption that they SURVIVE against Trihexa.

glad we're avoiding this landmine :heh:

DragonOsman
2016-06-25, 18:03
Sirzechs should still be able to survive. He's got other people fighting alongside him, for whatever it's worth, and he's also the most powerful Super Devil there is right now - him fighting in his True Form is no joke. I'm not sure how many others will survive; I just think that if any of them do, Sirzechs definitely will at the very least.

But yeah, I guess he really might retire even if he does come back. We'll see.

Brawlre
2016-06-25, 20:32
I just thought about something i don't think ise can become a maou because they can't have harems

Ruki0089
2016-06-25, 20:49
Too bad, we lost Azazel-sensei, Sirzeach, Serafall and etc...

Ariel_Saeba
2016-06-25, 21:44
@Osman this line:

“No, she retired and ceded the seat of family head to my ojii (uncle)... Milicas nii-sama (notice how Ex addressed Milicas as uncle first, but changed it since he knew he was talking to Azazel). Haha now expands her business range into many different kinds of industry. We are also Rating Game players, although the game itself was discontinued during the war, after the invasion of the Evil Gods hit our world.”

What I mean as Ise's family is his family members that belong to the Devil faction, excluding some obvious cases like Irina and her son Shin (since he would prefer to stay with his mom. He still has Devil blood, though...)

@Bug Nah, I don't think those quirks disqualifies Vali from the Lucifer seat (except for the Ramen bit :heh:), but rather added more of his badass and intelligent credibility. Well, did the Underworld force Sirzechs and Serafall to cede their position due to their siscon? HELL NO! (mind the pun :heh:). Even Ajuka created the Evil Pieces system in his tenure as Beelzebub.

As for Maou replacements, the major possibilities are Vali and Sairaorg (judging from the volume 21 previews, it seems that the higher-ups have already discussed Vali's influence and possibility for the title of Lucifer should anything happen to Sirzechs. As for Sairaorg, the only possible position for him is the title of Asmodeus left by Falbium, but I highly doubt that he will take this post immediately should he be given that, owing to his age and experience). Grayfia COULD take over as Leviathan, but that depends on her stance and the Gremory's disposition (especially Milicas. Besides, she would need to have her own peerage for this, but as of now, she seems to be content to be Sirzechs' queen). Diehauser, Roygun, and our Mammon guy are a given since the top brass have planned to add their clan names as titles from the start.

You're not the only lurker, dude.

Darius Drake
2016-06-25, 22:27
Why do you people keep thinking and emphasizing that Rias will retire once becoming the Rating Game champion? Diehauser didn't retire after becoming no. 1, so under what reason, what pretext and what basis that Rias will retire after becoming no. 1? She has the option and right to continuing the Rating Games as no. 1 too. And this is Rias who wants to be number 1, do you think someone as prideful like Rias will just retire immediately after working hard to reach no. 1 spot? Besides, Ise isn't aiming to be number 1 in Rating Game, he just wants to participate and win a few titles in the process. He can still join the game even if Rias remains active.
Yeah but at that point the prideful Rias would never accept a match like that where Issei isn't even trying. Rias would rather lose than win in a fight where the opponent didn't take them seriously.

Sure... but there are many types of Ratings Games, and we've only seen/heard about three types, one of which being the most basic and standard type. The other two being Scramble Flag & Dice Figure. There's obviously more types than just those three, especially since the ability to strategize in Ratings Games is highly regarded, and two of them can be won with pure power instead of strategy.

Besides, a Ratings Game between Issei's team and Rias's team could give a better example of Issei's ability to strategize than most other opponents. This is BECAUSE he refuses to attack them directly himself, meaning that he'd have to use his power indirectly, such as throwing up a cloud of dust.

DragonOsman
2016-06-26, 09:17
I just thought about something i don't think ise can become a maou because they can't have harems

I already said that a bit ago, but yeah, that's right. A Harem King can't be a Maou. Thanks for pointing it out again so that the people on this page can also see it.

@Darius: Yeah, the types of Rating Games where they don't have to directly fight each other would be good for them, but the higher-ups wouldn't always comply and let them have those types. And Rias would also have to hire other Pawns to substitute for Ise since he'd still technically be her Pawn, worth eight Pawn Pieces (four of them Mutation Pieces which might complicate things for the substitutions), but we also don't know if Ise would still feel some sort of pull from Rias even then.* That and there's also the fact that for the Pawns to use Promotion, they have to be in an area their King designates as "enemy territory". I hope that in the Rating Game, the opposing sides are still seen enemy territories even when, for Ise, opposing King is also his own King.

(*)In the beginning of the series, when Ise had first become Rias' servant Devil, and she looked at him from the top floor of the school building and he was down on the school grounds, he felt as though his heart was being grabbed by her. He felt some sort of pull towards her because she's his Master.

@Ariel_Saeba: Thanks for the quote. I guess I forgot about that part.

And yeah, Ariel, I also agree with you about quirks not being minded for a Maou.

aw454wtr
2016-06-27, 02:26
^
That's assuming Ise has 4 mutation pieces,with DXD mode unlocked all 8 pieces could have become mutation

Darius Drake
2016-06-27, 03:32
^^ & ^ : The presence of Mutation Pieces does not affect the official "Value" of the Pieces. Instead, it makes it so that you can transform someone stronger with less Evil Pieces. In other words, even though Issei has turned a number of his Pawn Pieces into Mutation Pieces, that does not allow Rias to pick more than 8 "Pawns" to replace him, even if none of those 8 "Pawns" have Mutation Pieces.

Hiring more expensive or powerful "Pawns" to replace Issei is an option that's available, even if Issei himself didn't have any Mutation Pieces, though.

My recommended strategy for what we're talking about, especially since it's unlikely to be included in the story: Temporarily replace Issei with Pawns from her other servants who'll likely train with them. Using Kiba's Pawns in a Ratings Game against Issei is entirely legal and would likely work quite well.

DragonOsman
2016-06-27, 09:49
Except that none of Rias' Servants aside from Ise wants to go independent. Kiba has said he'll remain as Rias' Sword. Ise is her Ultimate Pawn and always will be, but he also wants a Peerage of his own so he can participate independently from her; that's something none of Rias' other Servants want, though. If Kiba does still get a Peerage even though he'll never use it, then what you said will work. Otherwise it won't.

But can there really be Pawns more powerful than Ise? Eight Pawns, plus Ophis' and Ddraig's power along with Great Red's flesh - and let's not forget the one gem of Albion that he took from Vali's armor that lets him use Reflect and Divide with the Dividing Wyvern Fairies. Ise's potentially the strongest Pawn ever, which is why Rias' wish to make him the Ultimate Pawn isn't far-fetched.

Darius Drake
2016-06-27, 16:31
Sure... being the single best pawn is entirely possible for Issei. That doesn't mean that he can be as useful as 4 to 8 different individually powerful pawns.

But Issei's power wasn't what I was talking about. If they're willing to be hired, regardless of whether or not they have mutation pieces, they can be hired. If you're lucky, you can even hire an entire group of 8 Mutation Piece Pawns. Or you can get 8 normal Pawns spread across numerous people with useful abilities that aren't, necessarily, useful for direct combat. All sorts of things are possible.

DragonOsman
2016-06-27, 17:39
Rias wants Ise to be the Ultimate Pawn, which means if she gets her way, he'll really be the most powerful Pawn the Underworld has ever known - or will ever know. You couldn't find a good replacement for that no matter how much you looked. But you could still any 8 Pawns pretty easily. I guess that's that Rias would do if she had to face Ise in a match.

Darius Drake
2016-06-27, 19:08
Look, I get what you're saying. My argument is that one "Ultimate" could easily be less useful than Eight "Good" when taking versatile strategy into account. So it is POSSIBLE, not certain, but possible, that her team could, temporarily, be stronger when facing off against Issei than when using Issei against other opponents. Especially since Issei would likely have restrictions on using powers beyond Balance Breaker level, and maybe, eventually, even of Balance Breaker level.

DragonOsman
2016-06-28, 10:19
Yeah, I get that too. I just don't want them having to face each other in a Rating Game. I'm actually hoping that Ise's Evil Pieces won't let him have a Rating Game match against his King. It's also true that whenever Rias has a match, Ise would have to participate in it as her Pawn. For the sake of this discussion, let's just say there could be an exception to that for when they're facing off against each other in a Rating Game match. But again, I wouldn't like that.

And Ise himself can also use his powers strategically. His main strength is Power-type attacks, but he also has his Wyverns and he can also use his Dragon Shot as if he had a mind of its own a la Sirzechs' Power of Destruction orbs. And when he's up against female opponents, there's Dress Break and Bilingual. They're banned in the Rating Games, but there can be exceptions in a given match if both sides agree (like during the Gremory vs. Bael match). If Rias wants, she can use any and all of Ise's abilities strategically; although, Sona did already once show us a pretty good strategic way to use him if you recall. It's a pity Rias isn't as smart as her - she can use the Gremory Team much better than its own King can.

beast 666
2016-06-28, 16:32
It is clear that at any given time Rias and issei fight in a Rating Game, since it would be exciting to see him, and is very likely to happen since issei is independent of rias, only a matter of time so maybe if a Rating Game among them to happen.

Well, here is the cover of the v22, apparently we see Rias in the doorway with a diploma / certificate and with a graduation outfit of the Academy Kuoh, as ichei said above, although I would have preferred to see a cover of issei or Akeno, since it is the volume will be starring Akeno, so I would like to see it on the cover, However put Rias on the cover was somewhat unnecessary, since the character with higher number of covers is Rias (is the character most used for the covers of DXD), would have been better to see Akeno on the cover and no Rias, for my was a somewhat unexpected cover.

https://scontent-lax3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/13512114_668966069921952_5145506869598201196_n.jpg ?oh=38217b468d1fc0ef476a1fc3f40e66f0&oe=5800FAEB

Ruki0089
2016-06-28, 20:30
Hohoho~~~
I can't wait for it~~ I hope ise also graduated...

Variabug
2016-06-28, 20:42
Issei is only a 2nd years, he will graduate at the end of this year (in universe).

Ruki0089
2016-06-28, 20:45
Dude, i mean Graduated from his virginity:heh:

Darius Drake
2016-06-29, 06:05
Dude, i mean Graduated from his virginity:heh:

If that's the case, the answer is simple.

No. No he does not. :innocent:

Ignoring the fact that the story's likely to end before he does so, he's currently got that temporary power-up backlash problem, which is probably just as strong (if not worse) as when it was introduced in volume 21. :heh:

Actually, that gives me an idea. Issei's "choosing problem" could be far simpler than we thought. He could be choosing which one to help him recover from that.

DragonOsman
2016-06-29, 06:37
It gets fixed in Volume 21, by Ophis presumably. Did you not read the spoilers? She adjusts his DxD mode to Pseudo Dragon Deification, too. So as of Volume 22, he isn't suffering from any drawbacks from DxD mode anymore. So he can already hug, kiss and have sex with Rias and the other girls without having to feel pain.

Anyway, yeah, I like that Rias cover.

And hopefully Ise does manage to graduate from his virginity. If not in this Volume, then hopefully happen sometime before the end of the series.

B214
2016-06-29, 07:49
I wish we got a Rias + Akeno cover. ( ._.)

Ruki0089
2016-06-29, 08:08
If that's the case, the answer is simple.

No. No he does not. :innocent:

Ignoring the fact that the story's likely to end before he does so, he's currently got that temporary power-up backlash problem, which is probably just as strong (if not worse) as when it was introduced in volume 21. :heh:

Actually, that gives me an idea. Issei's "choosing problem" could be far simpler than we thought. He could be choosing which one to help him recover from that.

Dude, He was fixed in Volume 21 by Ophis~:heh:
he can fuc-- i mean make love with his harem now...

Chris38
2016-06-29, 08:13
Well .. this is speculation based on the cover ... but considering the happy expression that Rias has on tat cover illustration I think that Ise is going to do something that will put her in a really pleasant mood.

And considering the things that could make Rias really happy like for example

- going on a date with Ise (which sounds too simple to me, but it could happen)

- Ise giving some surprising present to her ( which, doesn't sound like something Ise would do ... based on his experience with women )

- Rias taking Ise's virginity ( and losing hers in the process :p ) effectively becoming Ise's 'first women'

... which one do you think is likely to happen... :D

B214
2016-06-29, 09:04
None of the above. Ise will congratulate her with a kiss only. :eyespin:

Hakai
2016-06-29, 11:17
Was hoping for a Rias + Akeno cover. But I knew that wasn't going to happen, Ishi treats everyone other than Rias and Asia as side heroines.

DragonOsman
2016-06-29, 13:55
I really hope the third option on Chris' list turns out to be correct. They've already kissed, and the Volume preview promised something good happening to her and Akeno that would bring them happiness and that I don't think was referring to their graduation from Kuou Academy's High School side.

Bigmac
2016-06-29, 15:56
Was hoping for a Rias + Akeno cover. But I knew that wasn't going to happen, Ishi treats everyone other than Rias and Asia as side heroines.

Well Rias is the main female protagonist of the series so it was expected she would have the cover with the title of volume 22.

Personally the only cover I want to see is another Issei cover but that chance has come and gone with volume 20.

DragonOsman
2016-06-29, 16:06
Ise was only on the covers of the first two Volumes, and even then it was shared with a girl or two: Volume 1 is with Rias and Asia while Volume 2 is with Rias (in her wedding dress - alluding to the wedding with Raizer that Ise crashed). A real pity, especially considering the fact that he's supposed to be the main male lead. But I guess it's okay since Rias got another cover (yes, I really mean it).

Hakai
2016-06-29, 17:39
Well no shit Rias was going to make her sixth appearance in covers when she's graduating, but Akeno's graduating as well and this volume is apparently going to be special for Akeno fans so they could have made a cover with two girls(like V1 and V8).

Lately I'm getting real sick of all these 'harem' novels where one heroine is favored so much that the rest start to seem like side characters.
I have no problem if the MC has a clear favorite but the gap here is too big.

I really miss Campione .__.
Well there's still Magika I guess.

DragonOsman
2016-06-29, 19:04
Yeah, Ise's favorite is Rias - but also wants to keep them all and be a Harem King, plus he knows they all love him and I'd say the feeling is reciprocated. But Rias is still the main heroine, though I do also agree with you in that could've just given the cover to both her and Akeno. After all, they're both graduating and this Volume's preview also mentioned something about their happiness happiness. And yeah, like you said, it also mentioned that there's something special for Akeno fans in it too, which sounds to me like all the more reason to put her on the cover. Why did they put only Rias on it in that case?

Welp, I guess as long as the book itself is good, we shouldn't complain too much?

Krudelu
2016-06-29, 19:16
I just saw vol 22's cover. No matter how I try to not complain about it, for some reason I just can't let it pass the fact that Akeno is not included in the cover despite Ishi's preview regarding Rias and Akeno will get happiness for the volume (just my personal rant here :frustrated:).

I know that Rias has been given a lot of treatment already but I wish for this final arc Issei get to have more moments with other girls as well (doesn't have to be as equivalent as Rias's but enough amount). I know that Ishi is planning to give them a happy ending but I think it will be more satisfying to see the end when they had enough amount of moments with Issei beforehand. Just my personal opinion on this one

B214
2016-06-29, 22:26
Glad to see i'm not the only one who thinks the cover should be Rias + Akeno. Not that i mind having another Rias cover but like most said this is a Rias + Akeno volume, they should both be on the cover. Also at this point, all the main girls from the ORC already appeared solo in the covers before, seeing just another solo cover is kinda boring.

KnightShade
2016-06-29, 23:11
blame miyama for being lazy. was there anyone who didn't think of the possibility of a duel cover? the descriptions pretty much read as such.

Krudelu
2016-06-29, 23:45
blame miyama for being lazy. was there anyone who didn't of the possibility of a duel cover? the descriptions pretty much read as such.

I was hoping for such possibility but the dream is dead for now :sad:

sunsengnim
2016-06-30, 08:40
Was i alone in hoping for an Issei x Rias x Akeno cover?
Since it revolves around Rias and Akeno attaining their happyness and Issei finally becoming a high class devil and starting his own peerage i felt like they all deserve to be on the cover.
I guess the only chance Issei had for a cover was vol 20 which was ignored once again.

ukulelembo
2016-06-30, 12:08
Was i alone in hoping for an Issei x Rias x Akeno cover?
I hoped for cover to be like this:
http://i.imgur.com/vnX2S0U.jpg
Or this:
http://i.imgur.com/kyKq6w6.jpg

DragonOsman
2016-06-30, 12:26
Ise on the cover? It really seems like that was used up with the first two Volumes. But still Ise + Rias + Akeno sounds good.

@Krudelu: Most of them have already gotten their romantic moments with Ise. Asia got to kiss him and Akeno and Rose each had a date with him. Rias also got a kiss, and in this Volume, Ise will apparently take her and Akeno out on a date together. Only Ravel, Kuroka, Koneko, Kunou and Le Fay seem to be left out on the date and kiss department, though Kunou and Koneko are still too young right now.

Edit: One post late.
@ukulelembo: That would've been great.

beast 666
2016-06-30, 17:48
I agree with everyone, the cover of the v22 should have been a cover too incredible to be shown for the start of the arc of the God Shiva, and the graduation of Rias and Akeno, I expected to see a cover of Akeno, since the v22 is going to make starring Akeno (as said ichei on Twitter), however also I had the hope of seeing a cover of issei (on its DXD G mode) also I'd like to have seen a cover of Rias + Akeno (as all above said), sincerely DxD is not an expert in the creation of covers, but (I have to admit that Miyama makes good drawings) since most of the time placed to Rias, when we want to see other people on the covers

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CmNamVZUcAQv6FN.jpg

DragonOsman
2016-06-30, 18:47
Either way, the cover does look great - especially in high res ad full sized. I'm loving seeing her in that graduation gown. But that's also all the more to want to also see Akeno in the gown. Hopefully there's an illustration of a scene with Akeno also wearing the gown.

Krudelu
2016-06-30, 19:23
Most of them have already gotten their romantic moments with Ise. Asia got to kiss him and Akeno and Rose each had a date with him. Rias also got a kiss, and in this Volume, Ise will apparently take her and Akeno out on a date together. Only Ravel, Kuroka, Koneko, Kunou and Le Fay seem to be left out on the date and kiss department, though Kunou and Koneko are still too young right now.

For Asia I agree. For Akeno date its one of those that got interrupted. Koneko and Ravel are the ones that needs more moments atm (not counting Kuroka, Le Fay, and Kunou atm since they're not even confirmed). I don't think age should matter regarding Koneko having moments with Issei since moments can happen in a different form instead.

Well regarding the heroines outside Rias, I guess some more interactions despite it being small is enough at least

DragonOsman
2016-06-30, 19:41
Um, haven't you read anything from EX? All three of the ones you said aren't confirmed already have confirmed kids with Ise. They're definitely confirmed. Same with Elmenhilde. Koneko and Kuroka apparently had a "sister sandwich" situation with Ise because they both seem to have gotten children at the same time - two nekomata girls, one from each sister.

Akeno's date got interrupted, but she's going to have another date if Ise gets to fulfill his promise to Rias that he'll take them both out on a date together.

Krudelu
2016-06-30, 19:47
Um, haven't you read anything from EX? All three of the ones you said aren't confirmed already have confirmed kids with Ise. They're definitely confirmed. Same with Elmenhilde. Koneko and Kuroka apparently had a "sister sandwich" situation with Ise because they both seem to have gotten children at the same time - two nekomata girls, one from each sister.

Akeno's date got interrupted, but she's going to have another date if Ise gets to fulfill his promise to Rias that he'll take them both out on a date together.

Thb I didn't payed attention to EX for a while due to a certain denial since it's related to it so my bad regarding that. Now given from what I've been hearing about it lately I might as well give it a go.

Well for the ones that I thought that is unconfirmed that is actually confirmed, They will definitely need a moment with Issei that might end up needing a volume for them (well doesn't have to be their own volume but a moment good enough at least). Just wondering if they'll have time for it since this is the final arc unless the arc will be the longest out of the 5 arcs so that they'll have time for them

DragonOsman
2016-06-30, 19:54
Yeah, they need to have a romantic moment or two with Ise; each one of them.

Krudelu
2016-06-30, 19:55
Yeah, they need to have a romantic moment or two with Ise; each one of them.

I was also referring to Le Fay and Kunou as well;)

DragonOsman
2016-07-01, 02:39
I know. That's why I said "each one".

X102reddragon
2016-07-02, 11:56
Love the Rias cover. I get what people are saying about not including Akeno. I feel like it would have been great if she shared the cover with Rias. Still I'm slightly biased since Rias is my favorite girl so I'm not complaining ��

DragonOsman
2016-07-02, 12:03
I completely agree, though I do also have other favorite girls. Not just Rias. But yeah, the cover is still great.

By the way, isn't that Kenshin from the Rurouni Kenshi manga in your avatar?

Brawlre
2016-07-02, 17:04
Maybe when kunou said that this is her new house she ment moving in with issei instead of becoming his servant since next year she will be entering high school

DragonOsman
2016-07-02, 17:15
Probably. She can't really become his servant anyway, and from EX we know she'll be one of his wives at least. So it's a good bet that she might move in to live with him and the other girls (well, not exactly all, but you get what I mean).

OmegaWeaponZ
2016-07-02, 17:17
Didn't even know this thread was up already :heh:

Could someone perhaps point me to the page where the preview was mentioned, if at all?

DragonOsman
2016-07-02, 17:42
If you mean the official Preview, that's on the first post.

Speaking of the Preview, there's one thing on it I just noticed again that I've got a question about, something Rias said: Ise, you are my pride. Even if you were to——. <Rias Gremory> I wonder what she actually means here? If Ise were to do what? I think it's referring to him fighting against her in the International Tournament, but what does everyone else think?

Brawlre
2016-07-02, 21:30
Not against them fighting I think it would be kinda fun to watch i think ise will win the tournament

OmegaWeaponZ
2016-07-03, 04:07
Damn son. This volume looks to be the most action packed of em all :heh:

...And it also sadly gives of end game vibes. Even if the end is just a few volumes of, still feels a bit sad, since this was my first ln series, and the one book series which got me so interested in reading in general.

DragonOsman
2016-07-03, 06:50
Not against them fighting I think it would be kinda fun to watch i think ise will win the tournament

Yeah, Ise probably will win. But are you trying to say that Rias didn't mean they'd be fighting, or what?

@Omega: Yeah, a lot of stuff happens in this Volume. And we've also been told that there's something in it for Akeno fans, and that there's also something with her and Rias' happiness. All third-year Kuou High School students also graduate in this Volume, and Ise and the other 2nd-years become 3rd-years. I'm just hoping Rias and Ise also graduate from virginity in it. If possible, Akeno too. Rias did ask him to take her and Akeno out on a date together sometime, which he agreed to, so if that date's in this Volume, it'd be great if it ended in a threesome sex.

WingsoftheDragonix
2016-07-03, 14:20
It's hard to guess what Rias meant there. But I wondering if have something to do with Shiva question.

I wonder what she actually means here? If Ise were to do what? I think it's referring to him fighting against her in the International Tournament, but what does everyone else think?
Although this seems very plausible.

DragonOsman
2016-07-03, 14:25
Yeah. What made me think of that was how she was saying that he's her pride, "even if he were to--". Even if he were to . . . do what, exactly? The only plausible thing coming to mind, given the context, is them fighting in the Tournament. Either that or in an official Rating Game match, but I hope that doesn't have to happen.

WingsoftheDragonix
2016-07-03, 14:38
I doubt that we need to worry them fighting in an official RG.

To be honest I quite in conflict with the prospect of Issei and Rias fighting against each other in the tournament. A part of me is interested to see their battle, while the other wants to see them fighting together like always.

DragonOsman
2016-07-03, 18:16
To be honest, I'm conflicted in the same way you are. I don't want to see them fighting each other, ever. But there's just something about that quote from Rias.

beast 666
2016-07-03, 19:59
The comment of Rias could be interpreted by many ways (could be a RG of Rias vs issei like everyone said above or perhaps issei could have a problem and this sad for some reason and Rias will tell you that to comfort him), will need to know with certainty what you mean Rias exactly read the v22. For me it is very sad to know that this DXD in his final bow to finish the series, DxD was my first LN I read (although what motivated me to read by hobby was the book The Maze Runner, a book filled with survival and brutal scenes of blood) I hope that the author released a sequel on the children of issei.

Rokumonsen
2016-07-04, 00:45
A lot of hype for this volume. DxD's own civil war is about to start. :heh:

KnightShade
2016-07-04, 01:12
A lot of hype for this volume. DxD's own civil war is about to start. :heh:

cant unsee this comparison now, thanks :frustrated::heh:

Rokumonsen
2016-07-04, 04:30
cant unsee this comparison now, thanks :frustrated::heh:

Well, almost every media is riding the Civil War bandwagon right now. :heh:

Ultragunner
2016-07-04, 05:02
DxD - The Fractured But Whole :p

sorry, I couldn't help it :p

DragonOsman
2016-07-04, 07:23
I think I've seen something like that someplace else, but I can't quite put my finger on it.

@Beast: Agreed. Though I started reading novels from English ones and then got into LNs later.

Anyway, yeah, a lot of stories are doing Civil War stuff, but there are also some that aren't now but already did have one. Magika did a Civil War in Japan, but now it's going to be a Mythology War, like Ragnarok. Star Wars did a Galactic Civil War. Madan, too; Civil War in Brune, Civil War in Asvarre, and now perhaps a Civil War in Zhcted. There are some series that have a lot of fighting and wars and some of them end up being Civil Wars.

DxD already had a war in the Underworld between the Current Maou Faction and the Old Maou Faction, and some fighting with the Khaos Brigade. But I don't think there's a Civil War aside from the two Maou factions' one as far as I know. Did I miss something? The International Tournament also doesn't count, and the war EX told us is happening in the future also isn't a Civil War.

beast 666
2016-07-04, 17:52
I think I've seen something like that someplace else, but I can't quite put my finger on it.

@Beast: Agreed. Though I started reading novels from English ones and then got into LNs later.

Anyway, yeah, a lot of stories are doing Civil War stuff, but there are also some that aren't now but already did have one. Magika did a Civil War in Japan, but now it's going to be a Mythology War, like Ragnarok. Star Wars did a Galactic Civil War. Madan, too; Civil War in Brune, Civil War in Asvarre, and now perhaps a Civil War in Zhcted. There are some series that have a lot of fighting and wars and some of them end up being Civil Wars.

DxD already had a war in the Underworld between the Current Maou Faction and the Old Maou Faction, and some fighting with the Khaos Brigade. But I don't think there's a Civil War aside from the two Maou factions' one as far as I know. Did I miss something? The International Tournament also doesn't count, and the war EX told us is happening in the future also isn't a Civil War.

In Star Wars is not exactly a galactic civil war, since it is only a war between a single Galaxy, it has been confirmed that there is more than 10 galaxies in Star Wars in total but only 1 of it there are large amount of force, such as the "carriers of force" (the gods that created the force, the dark side and the light).

Well, but you're right the concept of "civil war" is widely used in literary works and films, and nowadays it is very common to see such conflicts from occurring. Although on DXD. I like having this concept, since it shows that not only humans have problems international, if not also the demons, and this is something very interesting.

DragonOsman
2016-07-04, 19:20
In Star Wars canon continuity itself, the Civil War happening in the galaxy is referred to as the "Galactic Civil War". If it had been about more than one galaxy being involved, it'd be the "Intergalactic Civil War", but it's not. Notice the difference, please.

But again, in DxD, I don't think an international war can be called a "Civil War". It is in Star Wars because the whole galaxy shown in it is under the rule of one government, which at first the te First Galactic Republic, then the First Galactic Empire, then the New Galactic Republic (in The Force Awakens). But we've also got the First Order, led by Snoke, whom the Resistance is fighting against. The Resistance is being helped by the New Republic, but I'm not sure if the New Republic holds government over the whole galaxy or not.

OmegaWeaponZ
2016-07-04, 23:56
DxD - The Fractured But Whole :p

sorry, I couldn't help it :p

While i get the reference, I cant help but ask this question in regards to the current DxD situation: Whose? :p

Variabug
2016-07-05, 00:23
Yes

[/10char]

DragonOsman
2016-07-05, 05:46
I don't remember what it's referring to, but I should know it. Damn. :heh:

X102reddragon
2016-07-05, 09:35
@DragonOsman Yeah my avatar is Kenshi. Was just a random picture I picked of him when I made my profile. As for a threesome between Ise, Rias and Akeno...not right away. Rias is going to want to be his 1st and she's most definitely going to want it to be just her and Ise. Later on after more of the girls have been with him I can definitely see a threesome happing. Of course it will never be written down in the novel.

DragonOsman
2016-07-05, 12:22
If it happens in the series itself, Ishi doesn't have to detail it. He can just hint that it happened. And hopefully he'll do it.

I know Rias would normally prefer to get his first time, and especially when they're alone, but she did still have Ise promise her that he has to take her and Akeno both out on a date together and this Volume is about something related to her and Akeno's happiness, plus the Preview also said that there's something in the Volume for Akeno fans. I know it doesn't necessarily mean that there'll definitely be a threesome between them at the end of the date, but there still could be one - it's at least possible. That's all I'm saying.

Don't get me wrong, though. I do want Ise's first time to be with Rias only. But if Ishi isn't going to do it that way, I'll settle for the threesome between them instead.

WingsoftheDragonix
2016-07-05, 15:30
Regarding the part about "something for Akeno fans" in this vol, I wondering if is something that will happen in Issei confrontation (at least from what we saw in the preview) with her father.

Hakai
2016-07-05, 15:38
Maybe Ise joins them this time in the S&M play?
DxD's own version of oyakodon? ^^

F**k that was disgusting :eyespin:
Everyone please report this post.

DragonOsman
2016-07-05, 16:46
Yeah, let's not go there. But still, something that makes Akeno and her fans happy is apparently going to happen in this Volume. And there's another thing that'll make Akeno and Rias happy. But that makes it seem unfair - Akeno gets two and Rias gets one? Really now? What's up with that, Ishi?!

WingsoftheDragonix
2016-07-05, 17:04
DragonOsman @ I think that discussing their future together might be another thing that would fit that kind of description. And I mean in a serious manner.

But yeah, that is another likely possibility.

DragonOsman
2016-07-05, 17:09
Yeah, I guess you're right too. Discussing their future seriously is also good. But if that's just the thing for Akeno fans and the happiness of her and Rias will come from something else, then that's even better I think.

beast 666
2016-07-05, 18:29
@Osman: I think you misunderstood everything I said previously. You still have much to learn about the universe of Star Wars (your knowledge only based in the 7 movies of Star wars right?, that is fine, although many more things you need to know).

The happiness of Akeno, could mean lots of Fanservice (ecchi scenes, Hardcore scenes, or perhaps Akeno and issei create a secret affair or something), are likely to see a scene from a "trio" of Rias, Akeno and issei, although I hope that the author do not prepare a surprise.

DragonOsman
2016-07-05, 18:41
I'm already reading and watching that material. Comics, the 7 main movies, the Clone Wars animated movie and TV series, and the novels. But you have to understand that Star Wars Legends is not canon. I have to make sure I don't look anything marked as "Legends". Look at this (http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Timeline_of_canon_media) page for the timeline of canon media. Some of them are part of the "Journey to Star Wars: The Force Awakens" series, which you can see outlined here (http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Journey_to_Star_Wars:_The_Force_Awakens).

And I assure you that I know the meaning of "galactic" and "intergalactic". Maybe you should look them up? Also look in the Star Wars Wikia. The war between the Rebel Alliance and the Empire is called the "Galactic Civil War" because it's happening within the one galaxy we're being shown in the Star Wars series. And no other galaxy is mentioned or shown anyone in canon as far as I know. In Legends, maybe, but not anywhere in canon.

Anyway, aside from whatever it is in this Volume for Akeno fans, there's something about Rias' and Akeno's happiness as well, and it seems like these things are being kept separate.

Variabug
2016-07-05, 22:00
Apparently I've accidentally entered a Star Wars fansite... :heh:

Back to business. I think whether or not Issei has sex depends on the new editor and if he/she wishes to add that to the series. As for Akeno, who knows? It could be as simple as a direct love confession, we'll have to see what happens.

Bigmac
2016-07-05, 22:55
I'm thinking there won't be any sex involved but I'll settle for a date. I'd prefer it if it was just Rias and Issei though so we can get some relationship development instead of having a potential cockblock tagging along to interrupt it. Oh well who knows well see in a few weeks.

OmegaWeaponZ
2016-07-06, 02:14
Apparently I've accidentally entered a Star Wars fansite... :heh:

My thoughts exactly :heh:

On the topic of Akeno, I think it would be one of three things, or a mix thereof:

1. A confession (He is a donkan)
2. A kiss (She hasn't had one yet)
3. Fighting her father for her hand in marriage (Could also similarly apply to Rias, minus the fight, since he already got permission from bro Sirzechs(best wingman))

Would definitely prefer more ecchi scenes, but I doubt it would go barely above what we have seen thus far. I would be pleased if this was proven wrong.

Bigmac
2016-07-06, 02:32
My thoughts exactly :heh:

On the topic of Akeno, I think it would be one of three things, or a mix thereof:

1. A confession (He is a donkan)
2. A kiss (She hasn't had one yet)
3. Fighting her father for her hand in marriage (Could also similarly apply to Rias, minus the fight, since he already got permission from bro Sirzechs(best wingman))

Would definitely prefer more ecchi scenes, but I doubt it would go barely above what we have seen thus far. I would be pleased if this was proven wrong.

Point 1 is possible as is point 2 though I can't remember if Akeno has kissed Issei yet. I know it's happened in the anime but I'm not sure if it's happened in the light novels. Point 3 can't apply to Rias as the whole Gremory family have been planning Issei's and Rias wedding arrangements ever since he defeated Riser. It's why Gremory servants are calling Issei weird names (I can't remember which volume it's in, maybe volume 5, I just remember it in one of Issei's thought monologues) and why he is being taught to be a gentleman, due to his engagement to Rias. Also if I remember correctly I think Rias' parents even made some arrangement with Issei's parents to 'adopt' Issei into their family. And with the achievements and influence Issei has I doubt he would have to do anything more to get Lord Gremory's permission.

B214
2016-07-06, 04:12
Point 1 is possible as is point 2 though I can't remember if Akeno has kissed Issei yet. I know it's happened in the anime but I'm not sure if it's happened in the light novels. Point 3 can't apply to Rias as the whole Gremory family have been planning Issei's and Rias wedding arrangements ever since he defeated Riser. It's why Gremory servants are calling Issei weird names (I can't remember which volume it's in, maybe volume 5, I just remember it in one of Issei's thought monologues) and why he is being taught to be a gentleman, due to his engagement to Rias. Also if I remember correctly I think Rias' parents even made some arrangement with Issei's parents to 'adopt' Issei into their family. And with the achievements and influence Issei has I doubt he would have to do anything more to get Lord Gremory's permission.

Well Ise hasn't overcome the "beat girlfriend's daddy for marriage" in his list of accomplishment.

Darius Drake
2016-07-06, 04:27
@ B214: Issei doesn't have to, the girl's will do it for him.

B214
2016-07-06, 04:30
No that is something Ise has to do on his own not through the girls. Would you ask your girlfriend to tell her parents you want to marry her and avoid seeing your future parent-in-law in the process.

ImperialFlameGod8190
2016-07-06, 04:59
First off lets make two things clear. He's already got approval to marry Rias and Akeno is fine with Rias being 1 so thats unnecessary. A proper confession is the least she deserves especially considering her feelings are obvious and a kiss will be part of that. I think its very possible Issei will get his own pieces and little by little phase Rias out of her peerage and transfer her dream of being top of the RG to Issei

DragonOsman
2016-07-06, 07:04
If she's going to pass the dream on to him, she'll have to have it fulfilled for herself first (or at least I hope so). I bet it's also what Ise would want himself, that his King, who also happens to be the woman he loves, get to the Top in Rating Games.

And yeah, B214, as Imperial and the others are saying, Ise has no reason to talk to Rias' parents about marriage nor does he have to do anything else to gain their approval to marry their daughter because he already has that approval. He doesn't know it, though, of course, which is why he'll obviously try to talk to them about it, but hopefully he won't embarrass himself too much before finding out that they're already engaged (which they are). He just needs to somehow get Barakiel to agree with Akeno being one of his wives.

I'd also actually prefer a one-on-one date for Ise and Rias, but the latter already got the former to promise her to take out both her and Akeno on a date together like I keep saying. He'll most likely do this in this Volume. And while I know it's not necessarily set in stone that they'll definitely have sex in this Volume, it'd still be good if they did and I think we can hope for it happening somehwere in the series before it ends, if not in this Volume, now that there's a new editor. I just hope the publisher doesn't get in the way.

Superbia
2016-07-06, 12:36
Point 1 is possible as is point 2 though I can't remember if Akeno has kissed Issei yet. I know it's happened in the anime but I'm not sure if it's happened in the light novels.

Akeno has sort of kissed Issei at the end of Volume 7.

“I’m glad that Ise-kun is enjoying it. –Oh, your lips.”

Hmm? Do I have something on my face? I tried to take it off with my hand, but Akeno-san's face approached and…..

CHUU

For a moment, Akeno-san's lips lightly touched my lips.

……………

They didn’t touch each other properly, but th…th…th..that right now was……

“Ufufu. That would make it my first kiss, I guess.”

Akeno-san smiles while having her cheeks red.

K..K…Kisssssss!? Would that count as a kiss!? It’s not a hard kiss, but right now our lips……!

DragonOsman
2016-07-06, 15:58
Yeah, I forgot about that too. But damn, that's more of "seemingly-dense" Ise. So cringe-worthy.

Ruki0089
2016-07-06, 16:20
I bet once Ise taste women body for real... I'm sure he will be overconfident with himself like we saw in DxD Ex.... man changed once they taste women... women always made man confidence...

DragonOsman
2016-07-06, 16:55
Overconfidence is bad. He should get more confident, but definitely not overconfident. And if part of it is from getting his first taste of a woman's body, hopefully he'll be careful to not let it get to his head. Or else he really will get overconfident and get burned later.

WingsoftheDragonix
2016-07-06, 17:15
Overconfidence is bad. He should get more confident, but definitely not overconfident. And if part of it is from getting his first taste of a woman's body, hopefully he'll be careful to not let it get to his head. Or else he really will get overconfident and get burned later.

Can't agree more with this. If you ask me the best thing for him would be to reach the middle ground between how he is now and overconfidence. Or at least this is what I think.

beast 666
2016-07-06, 18:08
@Osman: I'm sorry if I bother you with my previous post, just was a joke, is that you know much about Star Wars so I thought to make you a little joke, but I'm sorry, I apologize if I caused any discomfort.

Well back to the main topic, chances that suggest Akeno and issei to develop a romantic relationship, although there are some rumors that say that issei will fulfill the promise that made him to Rias and Akeno in the v17 (his promise was having an appointment with them), so it is very likely that this new volume is very interesting.

I've got a bit of information about the v22 (source: 4/chan /), and says this "A god will appear before all human to explain events and destruction that ran against the Trihexa", I wonder if will be true or is false, also a translator of Japanese - Spanish, he finish the translation of the v21, and thanks to this translator, there are many false spoilers on the v21 and the v22 (this is thanks to which this translator it is very bad and do not know to translate Japanese, even I translate better than he), so there are fake spoilers will rumored in some forums in English, so you have to be careful with this false information.

DragonOsman
2016-07-06, 18:25
It's already obvious that Ise and Akeno will be in a relationship. Ise even has a son with her in the future, as he does with all of his other harem members (Hurray for True Harems!).

Why did Rias have him promise both her and Akeno a date together? Why couldn't it be just him and Rias? Does she just want to make Akeno happy and feed her "affair" dream?

Bigmac
2016-07-06, 18:57
Maybe because Rias is Akeno's friend and Rias probably knows how Akeno feels about Issei and that Akeno is mentally dependant on Issei.

B214
2016-07-06, 20:35
It's already obvious that Ise and Akeno will be in a relationship. Ise even has a son with her in the future, as he does with all of his other harem members (Hurray for True Harems!).

Why did Rias have him promise both her and Akeno a date together? Why couldn't it be just him and Rias? Does she just want to make Akeno happy and feed her "affair" dream?

Well to be exact Ravel was the one who demanded that from Ise first, Rias kinda ask for a date a bit later. :heh:

“Going out with Rossweisse-san may be something you need to do in order to deepen the relation between the members of the Gremory group. But you also need to pay attention to Rias-sama and Akeno-sama! You really do!”

Ravel approaches her face and keeps on telling me that.

“……I think you would need to go on a date with both Rias-sama and Akeno-sama for the next occasion.”

DragonOsman
2016-07-07, 06:00
Why couldn't he just have taken each of them out separately to uphold that? A date is something that should be private and one-on-one, isn't it? But yeah, either way, Ravel is amazing. I love her even more for telling Ise that.

Variabug
2016-07-07, 12:04
Well there is such a thing as "double dating" in the west, also Issei's situation is a little different since he has 12 girls after him so his situation is a little different from most people. Him going with both of them could be a bit more pragmatic, but the biggest issue is that Rias and Akeno can be like fire and dynamite at their worst especially if he doesn't give enough attention to one.

DragonOsman
2016-07-07, 12:08
Which is another reason why I think he should take them each out separately: That they're like fire and dynamite at their worst if not given enough attention. It'd be great if Ise can give them each enough attention to not have to worry about that, but can he do that?

And a double-date refers more to when there're two guys and two girls, no? Ise, Rias and Akeno are one guy and two girls. And it's something in the west; Japan is in the east.

B214
2016-07-07, 22:27
Double dates exist in Japan too actually.

Ruki0089
2016-07-07, 22:33
Wait... I thought double date means Double couple date.

B214
2016-07-07, 23:53
To make things simple just coin a new term for it, triangle date, harem date, threesome date etc whatever you want.

DragonOsman
2016-07-08, 13:21
^Yeah, that's much better than calling a "double date" when it really isn't one. "Threesome date" coined for it, then.

I'm just worried if Ise can really handle it, though. He has to please them both at the same time.

Brawlre
2016-07-08, 17:51
I wonder how many of issei's servents are males?

Rokumonsen
2016-07-09, 23:16
"Threesome date" sounds obviously lewd.

DragonOsman
2016-07-10, 10:12
Yeah, well, hopefully the innuendo that seems to be in there won't be just for naught and they really will have sex at the end of the date with the three of them. A guy can hope, right? It's been a long time coming, too, after all.

aw454wtr
2016-07-11, 04:33
I wonder how many of issei's servents are males?

Depends,if he realizes he can make a harem without needing to use his evil pieces,he will likely choose peerage members based on merit rather than gender, so he could have half his peerage be male

DragonOsman
2016-07-11, 12:51
Even then, the number of guys will still depend on how many good enough guys he can find to fill his Peerage with. If he ends up with more such girls than guys, he'll still end up with a Peerage that has more girls than guys.

Brawlre
2016-07-11, 16:33
I hope he gets a legendary creature

DragonOsman
2016-07-11, 18:32
Most of the good ones were taken, and he can't get Kunou who is a Nine-Tailed Fox (Yeah, he has her in his harem, but he likely can't add her to his Peerage). I wonder if he could get Himejima Suzaku? Since she has the legendary bird Suzaku as her Sacred Gear if I understood it right. If it can't happen due to her being the current Head of the Himejima Clan, then I guess we have to think of some other legendary creature.

aw454wtr
2016-07-11, 20:58
Ise could get Typhone if he can convince it to join him, Yu-Long is technically still available and maybe the dragon that will hatch from the egg in his basement (once it reaches maturity) could be a candidate

Tiamat is not in Ajuka's peerage,so who knows Ise might be able to attract her to his peerage?

Brawlre
2016-07-11, 21:05
Crom if he does not go with the leaders

B214
2016-07-11, 22:10
Most of the good ones were taken, and he can't get Kunou who is a Nine-Tailed Fox (Yeah, he has her in his harem, but he likely can't add her to his Peerage). I wonder if he could get Himejima Suzaku? Since she has the legendary bird Suzaku as her Sacred Gear if I understood it right. If it can't happen due to her being the current Head of the Himejima Clan, then I guess we have to think of some other legendary creature.

Suzaku doesn't have a have Sacred Gear, and no she's kinda like Kunou. She has her position to take into consideration.

Anyhow i guess i'm the only one who wants Ise's team to consist fully of new members aside from Ravel. I have nothing against Xenovia and Asia joining, but i just want Ise's team to be something that he formed fully on his own without depending on Rias and her servants.

The moment Ise becomes king and he immediately gets 3 pieces, who we are already knowledgeable on, to serve him kinda takes away any thrill we can get from knowing how different Ise's team will be from others.

Darius Drake
2016-07-11, 22:27
I've been thinking for a while that Ryuuteimaru (Issei's Familiar) would likely be a part of Issei's Team. Not sure what position it would fill, however. My preferred position for Ryuuteimaru is actually the Pawn Position, however.

kusabireika
2016-07-11, 22:30
I hope Mil-Tan become one of Issei's servant. ^^ :blush:
http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk308/0kusabireika0/Kanade%20Emoticon/Kanade031_zps4f7d205a.jpg

aw454wtr
2016-07-12, 00:25
Who knows maybe beings from the other world might become his servants in the future