PDA

View Full Version : High School DxD [LN/M] - Volume 25 Discussion / Poll

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

Kairin
2018-02-25, 10:49
Welcome to the discussion thread for High School DxD [LN/M], Volume 25.

Thread Guidelines
Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
Spoilers or hints about future events (past volume 25) must not be posted in this thread.
If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message (http://forums.animesuki.com/faq.php?faq=vb_board_usage#faq_vb_pm_explain), or seek out a more appropriate thread.
Discuss your expectations of the volume or arc if it has not yet been released.
Be polite to your fellow forum members.
Please try to keep the discussion on-topic.
Do not post multiple times in a row. Please edit your existing post if you wish to add additional thoughts.

Gary29
2018-02-25, 10:50
The battle of Hyoudou Issei who is a former human which began from the fight with the Fallen Angel――。

At last he rushes into a fight with God.

And, the arranged marriage between Rossweisse and the Nordic Chief God Vidar begins――。

High school D×D 25

Can you take me away from Vidar-san?
                 ――Rossweisse

You need to give an answer soon on what Rossweisse is to you. ―― Rias Gremory

It was the fiancee accustomed to being the legal wife who was thinking about Rossweisse.

If you think normally, our team is at an overwhelming disadvantage. ――Ravel Phoenix

The strength difference is too wide. ――But, our opponent has no openings.

You'll win without a doubt. ――Yuuto Kiba
That's right! I believe in Ise-senpai! ――Gasper Vladi

The Gremory boys believed in the victory of Issei.

Let me have my opponent, the sun god. Today I will be a little persistent. ――Xenovia Quarta

I see, you have the sheath of Excalibur? Well, let's have someone enjoy it. ――Olympus Chief God Apollon

I am the "Knight" of this team and Michael-san's Ace! I can't lose! ――Irina Shidou

You can't win in a decent fight. Then――.

Fafnir's panty lesson will begin. Ooooooooooo (tears)! ――Asia Argento

We got Asia's panties. I, am excited. ――Golden Dragon Fafnir

Yes, if you can't win in a decent battle, you have to hit someone not-decent!

There are those who want to train Hyoudou Issei. ――I would like you to join the ocean of milk (samudra manthana). ――Ajuka Beelzebub

Will it be an entrance to a new world?

If you're doing more lewd things, I'm glad to hear it!!――Rossweisse's grandmother・Gondul

The dialect was in full swing.

Issei nyannyan♪――Kuroka

Kuroka ane-sama! I, I also!――Shirone(Koneko)

After the proposal, the Nekomata sisters became bold.

Rossweisse, I think the time has come for you to answer. What Issei-kun is to you.――Akeno Himejima

For Issei, for Rossweisse――。

This is the new training field. However, you will need a cell phone.――Nakiri Ouryuu

The training ground prepared in place of the training space attacked by the Grim Reaper was a surprise from Ajuka Beelzebub.

Guhahahahaha! I will let you do as you like!――「Kings of the Game」『King』Typhon

The shortcomings of the opposing team are shown. However, it was too overwhelming too face.

HAHAHA!The tournament is a breeze, but now what kind of things will come out after this.――Indra

Finally qualifying has come to an end.

Just right. Tannin's son, be my practice partner.――Crom・Cruach

Nuguaaa! ......and, the legendary Evil Dragon is the practice partner......no matter how many bodies......。No, I will be the Sekiryuutei's Fang!――Bova・Tannin

I'm seeing terrifying things.

When you are by side of Hyoudou Issei-san, only things that are usually impossible occur......――Elmenhilde・Karnstein

Yes, it happens often......。

Please show me how much you have grown since that time. Rose.――Valkyrie Corps Captain Brunhild

……Senpai! I will not lose! I will surpass you!――Rossweisse

Rossweisse's opponent was――the strongest Valkyrie.

『The Miniature Garden of the Green Tree of Innovation』and 『The Ultimate Karma』......It is a terrifying combination, isn't it.――Roygun Belphegor

The Longinus that are still shrouded in mystery......its whereabouts――。

Now、come。Sekiryuutei。

I wanted to fight you。

My kick、and your fist、which one will win!

――The Chief God of the Nordic Mythology Vidarr

The other party is a god!

But, you only have to do it!

To survive in this tournament、 also for Rossweisse-san!

I'll defeat you here!

Rossweisse-san is my friend, an important comrade, and――。

――Issei Hyoudou・Red Dragon Emperor

Preliminary round, the last battle!!

Open war!!

Fujimi Fantasia Collection

High school D×D25
Yggdrasil of the Summer Courses

Release on March 20!

Forgive any minor translation mistakes.

Bennia Lover
2018-02-25, 11:07
Ocean of Milk and the reference of Samudra manthan (explaining the origin of the nectar of immortality) is obviously saying this milk ocean is Issei's nectar lol

Vergil Lucifer
2018-02-25, 11:16
I am really enjoy who would be Issei trainer

Bennia Lover
2018-02-25, 11:18
I say now it's someone from Hindu mythology since he's going to their world.

EternalDragonGod Ise
2018-02-25, 11:20
I read the Preview and i am already scared that there will be more dissgusting Powers :( Man Ichiei why must you be a fu**cking Pervert. Curse yoou. Sorry, its just I think we are at a Point were the Series should be more serious, but i can not take this serious if Ichiei always come with these dissgusting and just wrong Powers. Yeah at the start it was ok and funny, but there is a point were the Author should become more serious. But that is just my Opinion.
I hope he will have now some decent Powers.
Yeah i also belive it is someone of the Hindu Mythology, most likely Shiva or Mahabali or Yama?
Dream Fight: Ise (with Great Reds Poweror AxA) vs Typhoon
Hades really is annoying, hope he dies. Yama or Yomi could replace him.

DragonOsman
2018-02-25, 11:23
@Bennia Lover (about Post #3): Yeah, it sounds kind of perverted. Ocean of Milk. Think back to him being submerged in a tank full of breast milk. Yeah.

Anyway, the preview is interesting.

Poor Asia with Fafnir bringing out her panties again. And the way it was brought up when referring to Irina not winning in a decent fight was funny.

I like how Rias is telling Ise to decide what he thinks of Rose, while Akeno is saying the same to Rose herself in regards to Ise. Hopefully both of them will take a step forward in their relationship with each other with this. Ise is also thinking about it, I guess, as seen in his own quote:

The other party is a god!

But, you only have to do it!

To survive in this tournament、 also for Rossweisse!

I'll defeat you here!

Rossweisse is my friend, an important comrade, and――。

――Issei Hyoudou・Red Dragon Emperor

The "Also for Rossweisse!" and the "Rossweisse is my friend, an important comrade, and--" bits. What's he saying in the "and--" part, I wonder? Very interesting and curious. [Though I think that since it's Ise, he must be calling her "Rossweisse-san". Because that's what he calls her.]

It's also pretty good how Kuroka and Koneko are becoming more bold in showing their respective affections to Ise after the proposal. Though it's not like Kuroka wasn't already bold to begin with. Either way, I'm happy for these two.

Since Roygun is talking as though both Innovate Clear and Telos Karma are in one place in her quote, I wonder if it means they really are both in the possession of one person. Either or at least on the same team.

@Bennia Lover: Wait, didn't Ajuka transport Ise to his personal dimension? So he was actually transported to the Hindu Mythology's world?

Ariel_Saeba
2018-02-25, 11:26
And in case you're wondering, Apollon is the Homeric Greek spelling version. Be careful not to misidentify it with Apollyon.

PS. The Sea of Milk line can also mean sea of breasts, so it's a double entendre here.

PS.PS. GREAT PANTSU CLASS! :heh:

PS.PS.PS. I'll post my alt translation in about an hour.

Bennia Lover
2018-02-25, 11:30
The Ocean of Milk is a place in Hindu mythology. It's where the nectar for immortality comes from.

EternalDragonGod Ise
2018-02-25, 11:32
^Yeah i read it, too so who you think it is who trains him. Bova has Crom so Ise needs some badass God. I mean he is the furture 3rd Dragon God if Ophis plan works.

DragonOsman
2018-02-25, 11:35
That was just Ddraig's speculation as far as we know right now. Ophis might really be trying to do that, but let's wait and see for now.

And yeah, hopefully a really high-level Hindu God will be training Ise.

Ariel_Saeba
2018-02-25, 11:35
Yes, and inlore the authority of it belongs to either the Sage Durvasa (who has specific relations to Vishnu and Shiva) or Vishnu himself. I'm guessing that he would have a role in Issei's training, if not other figures like (Maha)Bali or even Shiva himself giving the permission.

Bennia Lover
2018-02-25, 11:36
Or maybe Kamadeva will pop along. He will understand Issei the best lol

EternalDragonGod Ise
2018-02-25, 11:37
Shiva :D He is the highest that there is. Indra is a big No Ise know that Sakrà will kill him if he became a Threat (Yeah he already is you idot God). Yama could also be. We don`t know what Hindu Gods are sealed so my bet first goes to Shiva.

Bennia Lover
2018-02-25, 11:40
Also about Brynhildr, it's Commanding Officer of the Valkyrie Corps not Captain.

DragonOsman
2018-02-25, 11:42
Kamadeva really would understand Ise the best. The God of love, attraction and sexuality. I know you'd hate that, though. But it still suits Ise.

As for Indra, he just said he'd kill Ise if he became a threat to the world. Ise hasn't really become a threat to the world.

Edit: One post late.
@Bennia Lover: Thanks for the correction.

Bennia Lover
2018-02-25, 11:43
Ah wait nevermind, it can be captain or commanding officer basically. Captain sounding much better.

DragonOsman
2018-02-25, 11:44
Well, yeah, they do seem like they're the same thing.

EternalDragonGod Ise
2018-02-25, 11:47
I don`t would hate it if ise would learn from Kamadeva but to the yeah not so good (dissgusting)Powers were he needs help from Oppai he should lern some REAL nice epic Powers like the Destruction Beam Ophis can fire with her Hands or that he can use various Forms of the Sorching Fire. Like make it in Balls in fire the or a make it a beam and fire it with his Hands, or a True Ise Form like Sirzechs.
He should use his Dragon Powers like the Aura Crom can make. I belive that Issei could also use it.
He is wasting his Time with Oppai related Powers when he could use his Time to train in other aspects too. What if there are no oppais then that Power is useless. I want Ise to become more independent, and with the Oppai Powers is is impossible.
Don`t know if u can understand me on this. But this is my Opinion.
I mean if he learns some boring Powers with oppai, okai BUT he should also lern some Dragon related or other Powers that does not need the help from Oppais.

DragonOsman
2018-02-25, 11:53
Keep in mind that he also got Balance Breaker using breasts. He did have to train with Tannin as well, but the catalyst he needed to actually get Balance Breaker still ended up being breasts (poking Rias' nipples). He can replenish his aura if he gets hit from a beam from Rias' breasts. He was healed by being submerged in a tank filled with breast milk mixed with a bit of Phoenix Tears after the first use of Dragon Deification. His serious power-ups also come mostly from breasts. What's your point?

Bennia Lover
2018-02-25, 11:57
Well ecchiness is the trigger.. but he actually trains in the first place.. but just the one final push to surpass his limits is through ecchiness.

EternalDragonGod Ise
2018-02-25, 11:58
serious Power-ups ? I would say CxC Q and DxD G are his most serious Ones.
And I pray that AxA and ExE and Great Reds power have nothing to do with Breasts.
its just Dissgusting nothing more, I like Ise as a Character with his iron will and so on, but his like for Breasts was always yeah..

syzorst
2018-02-25, 12:12
I wonder what the results of Issei's training will be. His CxC won't stand much of a chance against Vidar so he'll have to fight using DxD form. As interesting as that fight would be I'm hoping he'll fight Typhoon since he's a God in the top 10. That would be an excellent test. Ravel wasn't kidding about their team being at an overwheling disadvantage though.

Gary29
2018-02-25, 12:12
Ishibumi stated on his blog that vol.25's preview is moderate and not as dense compared to previous volumes' because there's a big event (spoiler) in 25 that he won't reveal. Nice.

EternalDragonGod Ise
2018-02-25, 12:15
Maybe something with the Hindus or Ise. It was said that these last Arc is related to Shiva.
Or somethings with Ise like his Power Up AxA or something else.

Bennia Lover
2018-02-25, 12:36
I am betting this big event relates to either Hades or Shiva vs Indra.

Vergil Lucifer
2018-02-25, 12:46
And I pray that AxA and ExE and Great Reds power have nothing to do with Breasts.

According to that Ise mention in Volume 23 Life Youth part 2, it would be AxA

Blazor 98
2018-02-25, 14:26
We'll see how the game goes. I hope Issei wins. It would be a huge upset since he would beat a team with favorable odds. So far all of the Rookies 4 has lost a match. Sona lost to a God team, Seekivaira lost to a God team, Sairaorg lost to Cao Cao team and Rias lost to Vali's team. Issei isn't part of the Rookie 4 but he's still Rias pawn and he lost to Dulio's team.

Ariel_Saeba
2018-02-25, 15:31
Here's my take on the preview. There are several different wordings, but the context are mostly the same.

Started as a former human who began his crusade against the Fallen Angels, Hyoudou Issei fights through...

At last, he finally storms into battle against the favourite team consisting of Chief-God Class members in the tournament

Thus, the marriage arrangement of the Asgardian leader Vidarr with Rossweisse begins!

Highschool DxD 25

Will you end this by taking me away from Lord Vidarr?

--- Rossweisse

It's about time for you to give the answer about what Rossweisse is to your concern.

--- Rias Gremory

He was shoved by his number one fiancee Rias about how he thought about Rossweisse.

In all common sense, our team has overwhelming number of disadvantages, if you think of it --- Ravel Phoenix

The difference of strength between the teams were far wide ... but that does not mean the opponent has zero weakness.

You must win, you've always been. --- Kiba Yuuto

Yes! I believe in you Ise-senpai! --- Gasper Vladi

The Gremory boys had faith in Issei's victory

Let me be your opponent, God of the sun. I am feeling a little tenacious today --- Zenovia Quarta

I see you have the sheath of Excalibur, Avalon? Well then, let us have some fun! --- The Greek God of the sun and Olympian Chieftain Successor, Apollon*

I am Michael-sama's Ace as well as the Knight of this team! I won't lose! --- Irina Shidou

We can't win in a fair fight. In that case...

Fafnir-san's great pantsu class will beginnnnnnn... (sob) --- Asia Argento

We had Asia-tan's great pantsu... This magnificent one now is full of energy. --- The Golden Dragon Fafnir

Yes, if one can't win a fair fight, you have no choice but to strike as an unfair man!

There is a person who wants to train Hyoudou Issei-kun. He has to go to (join) the Sea of milk (Kshir Sagar in Sanskrit)--- Ajuka Beelzebub

That sounds like an entry to a new world?

If you can put more of your lecherous tendencies, I will be proud of you! --- Rossweisse's grandmother Gondul

Her dialect went in full throttle.

Ise nyannyan! --- Kuroka

Kuroka-ane! Me too as well! --- Shirone aka Koneko

After the proposal, the Nekomata sisters got bolder than before.

Rossweisse-san, it’s time to give your answer for this regard. That is, what your relationship and concern to Ise-kun really are. --- Himejima Akeno

This is the new training location. However, this mobile phone is necessary to be rung here. – Oouryuu Nakiri
The raid of the substitute training ground prepared in the training plane by the Grim Reapers was a surprise to Ajuka Beelzebub.

“HAHAHAHA! I will let you do as you please!” --- [Kings of the game] {King} Typhon.
Weakness of the opposing team had surfaced, but the weakness was eclipsed by their overwhelming power.

“HAHAHA! This tournament is a piece of cake but, now what would appear after this --- Sakra Indra

At last, the qualifying has come to an end.

“The time has come, son of Tannin, allow me to be your sparring partner” --- Crom Cruatch.

“HAAAH! My sparring partner is the legendary evil dragon-dono… I wonder how old he was… No, I will become Sekiryuutei’s Fang!” --- Bova Tannin.
Oh dear, watching over those terrifying things …

“Being close to Hyoudou Issei-sama, It’s impossible to not get up to something unusual eh…” --- Elmenhilde Karnstein

Indeed, those things happen frequently…

“Show me how far you have grown since that time, Rose.” --- The Valkyrie Corps/Unit Commander Brynhildr.
“Senpai! I won’t lose! I will surpass you!” Rossweisse

Rossweisse’s opponent… was the strongest Valkyrie.

“ [Green Miniature Garden of Innovation] Innovate Clear, and [Ultimate Karma], Telos Karma, are terrifying combination indeed.” --- Roygun Belphegor
“Now, come Sekiryuutei.
You want us to fight.
My kicks and your fists, we decide which one is better in this match!” ---- Asgardian Chieftain and Odin’s Successor, Vidarr.

The opponent is a God!
But, it has to be!
Not to just win this tournament, but also for Rossweisse!
This time, I will win for you!
Rossweisse, my servant, important companion, and…---

Sekiryuutei Hyoudou Issei

Qualification round, last battle!

Begin!
HS DxD Volume 25, Yggdrasil of the Summer Course.

Next Stop, Slash/Dog.

DragonOsman
2018-02-25, 16:16

According to that Ise mention in Volume 23 Life Youth part 2, it would be AxA

AxA can't awaken until after Ophis and Great Red's powers awaken. Keep in mind in what AxA is in the first place. It's supposed to be the end-result of Ise having both of Great Red and Ophis' powers; it's their powers combined with Ddraig's somehow. Ophis' power awakened in the fight against Thanatos in Volume 24, so now Great Red's power has to awaken and then AxA will awaken after that. Then ExE at some other time. Whatever it's going to be.

@Eternal: Ise got Balance Breaker and Triaina and True Queen using Rias' breasts. Dragon Deification was the only one that didn't awaken using breasts. At this point, Ise is the embodiment of breasts, otherwise the name "Oppai Dragon" wouldn't be so fitting.

I think we should get ready for him getting the nickname "Chichiryuushintei, True Oppai Dragon" soon. After all, Great Red's power is about to awaken (if it awakens during the match against Typhon's team, that is).

@Blazor 98: Yeah, I also hope Ise's team wins. And also, hopefully just beating Vidar will be enough for Ise to be allowed to marry Rose without anyone saying anything.

RED IV
2018-02-25, 16:44
Ugh author about to pull another ass pull power up

DragonOsman
2018-02-25, 16:55
Um, no, not an ass pull. You think a power-up he's getting through the power within Great Red's flesh is an ass pull power-up (since that's what he's going to get)? It's from his own body you know.

n0m@n
2018-02-25, 17:34
So the preview eliminates the idea of Crom training Ise. Its either Eros or Chichigami.

Ariel_Saeba
2018-02-25, 17:38
Indeed. Or rather one of the Devas/Asuras considering that Kshir Sagar is their area of jurisdiction (quite possibly Shiva lend a portion of that plane to Ajuka for training purposes).

Lucidrago
2018-02-25, 17:46
Every power-up Issei has gotten since the third arc ended has been an asspull power-up. The curse of shounen and no yearly timeskips.

And why can't Indra train Issei? And why do people use that 'if he becomes a threat' line? Because Azazel was willing to kill Issei

Bennia Lover
2018-02-25, 17:48
Because why would anyone in their right mind make someone a threat, stronger! That's idiotic and if he does for whatever 'good' reason, it's still factually idiotic.

EternalDragonGod Ise
2018-02-25, 17:49
And Ise is on friendly/good terms with Shiva. Shiva already invited Ise to his Side. ( hell i don`t belive that Guy needs any help, he would destroy Indra and his Army in Seconds.)

Lucidrago
2018-02-25, 18:19
Azazel made Issei stronger so your point is moot. If you haven't realized, Issei is one of the two Heavenly Dragons and has inherited an infamous history due to Ddraig and his predecessors. Is it weird that someone would see Issei as a threat? Hundreds of years of a bad reputation doesn't just go away.

Bennia Lover
2018-02-25, 18:27
No it is not. Because Azazel stopped seeing Issei as a threat. Indra still sees Issei as a threat.

godz
2018-02-25, 19:04
And Ise is on friendly/good terms with Shiva. Shiva already invited Ise to his Side. ( hell i don`t belive that Guy needs any help, he would destroy Indra and his Army in Seconds.)

I think you underestimate or you have an erection of hatred against Indra for your favoritism to Shiva, I say we do not know who are in your army and even that the devils of Hades are involved as the same Hades and his group of gods, among the top 10 you can kill if they distrust, that without counting Baalberith that can be stronger than Shiva.

aw454wtr
2018-02-25, 20:49
AxA should definitly show up in vol 25 so by vol 30 the author can show ExE, I mean why would the author mention and foreshadow powerups if they are never going to show up

While ajuka speculated that Issei would need 1 year to get ExE, Issei's growth has been anything but predictable

Lucidrago
2018-02-25, 21:26
Indra saw Issei as a potential threat which was warranted as the Heavenly Dragons and their hosts don't have the best reputations. And that was back in Volume 10 so it's not consistent with the way Indra feels now. Everyone would kill Issei if he became a threat. For example Azazel had Kiba train to create dragon slayers in case Issei went Juggernaut Drive again. So Azazel must be evil since he saw Issei as a potential threat like Indra did. You think a few months of worthy accomplishments is going to wipe away centuries of rampage and destruction? We're talking about a god that's thousands of years old. A few months is nothing to him.

And Indra only said 'if he becomes a threat.' Don't take that out of context because of your bias against Indra.

aw454wtr
2018-02-25, 22:30
Does Indra view Vali similarly as Issei? shouldnt vali be considered by Indra a bigger threat as he was part of khaos brigade and his openly stated that he wishes to fight god class beings and his ultimate goal (in vol 6) is the same as rizeviem to kill GR only vali wants to kill GR with his own power

Lucidrago
2018-02-25, 22:35
He was talking specifically about Issei directly after the match in Volume 10. Don't try to turn this against Indra. Vali had nothing to do with what Indra said.

Blazor 98
2018-02-25, 22:54
He was talking specifically about Issei directly after the match in Volume 10. Don't try to turn this against Indra. Vali had nothing to do with what Indra said.

He's asking why Indra doesn't view Vali the same as Issei? Like you said, the Heavenly Dragons have a bad reputation so why should Vali be any different? Considering Vali is known to be the strongest Hakuryuuko and has had a bad record of being with the Khaos Brigade and known to be a battle maniac than Vali should be a bigger concern than Issei. Why say he would eliminate only Issei but not Vali? He should know Vali has a history with Azazel.

DragonIsseiHyodoFan
2018-02-25, 23:07
Yeah Indra should at least looked at Vali as a threat since Vali doesn't have like the best rep. He was in the Khaos Bridage. And He is part Lucifer too if you put that into factor. Vali should be more of a threat then Issei since he is stronger than him.

aw454wtr
2018-02-25, 23:08

Vali is the same as Issei in the regards that he is a HD dragon host and has a far more dangerous reputation on his own not including albion's rep,

as well as you know vali wanting to kill GR despite the dangers to the world it may cause just like his grandffather

Qoute vol 16

"Vali shakes his body in rage due to the frustration.

“……My dream is to defeat Great Red…… Dammit. Is my dream the same as his then……!?”

Lucidrago
2018-02-26, 00:18
Again you guys are deflecting in a statement Indra said specifically about Issei. And at that moment the Allied Faction was hunting for Vali Team but they're skilled enough to escape their grasps. Everyone knows Vali and his team as members of a terrorist organization were the enemy.

Vali had nothing to do with the Gremory vs Bael match. Indra was congratulating Issei's performance in the match. And then said he would kill Issei IF he became a threat. Which is what everyone would do. No mention of Vali because Indra was specifically talking about Issei.

You guys take that one statement out of context and try to make Indra some kind of villain because of it.

vietthai96
2018-02-26, 01:04
to Indra, it is more of a personal threat than global threat, Ise tendency already show that he will get his nose in anyone business, and it is potential threat for Indra if he plan something because Ise have potential power to stop him, it not like Indra plan to destroy the world. About Vali, he just care about fighting strong opponent, and protect his mother and her new family and his long time comrade, if Indra not doing anything that affect Vali's elements then Vali don't care, but Ise pretty like get his nose in the other business and Indra don't like it. Simple.

aw454wtr
2018-02-26, 03:35
IF anything Issei solves the problems and does not interfere with other people's buisness, rather its always other people who poke their noses into issei's life (and get their assess handed to them for doing so)

DragonOsman
2018-02-26, 05:32
@Lucidrago: They were bringing Vali into it because of you saying that Ise is a threat because he's a Heavenly Dragon. Ise and Vali are both Heavenly Dragons, though, so if you didn't want to bring Vali into it, you shouldn't have mentioned the term "Heavenly Dragon" in the first place. So that's on you.

@aw454wtr: I know AxA will awaken in this series. I'm not denying that. What I'm saying is that it can't awaken before Ophis and Great Red's powers awaken. AxA is Great Red, Ophis and Ddraig's powers in one form. So his body's powers have to fully awaken first. And the 1 year prediction was about mastering the true Dragon Deification (but he also needs Ophis and Lilith to resonate first, and Ophis and Great Red's powers also need to awaken for this as well - after these powers awaken, he'll get back the true Dragon Deification and unlock AxA, and it'll take him one year to master Dragon Deification. Or at least that's how I interpreted it). What Ajuka said about ExE was that it's not time for it to appear in front of Ise yet and that there will come a time in the future when it will show itself to him. And he said that he'll get a glimpse of it in the tournament.

The one to train Ise could be Kamadeva considering what he's a God of. But it could also Indra or Shiva, I guess. We'll see.

Lucidrago
2018-02-26, 07:03
Indra basically has complimented Issei quite a few times. And wasn't Sun Wukong sent to train Issei and the others? And Indra sent his most powerful forces to fight Trihexa and even fought Trihexa himself. You guys want a powerful Hindu god to train Issei, there he is. Don't let your bias cloud your judgement.

DragonOsman
2018-02-26, 13:22
Well, can you deny that Kamadeva is more suited to train Ise, though? The Hindu God of love, affection and sexuality? It fits way too well for us to not even at least consider it, right? He's the one Hindu God who would understand the Oppai Dragon the best (:heh:). Indra, Shiva, and other strong Gods would also be good, though.

godz
2018-02-26, 14:22
What other strong gods would you be left with? I say vishnu and brahma are sealed, indra I still have a candidate as an antagonist ... (since if it is to help, you have sent cao cao help to heaven), osman's proposal seems the most successful for the personality and power up that hasse has been in the series.

without counting that it is necessary to remember that ichie in its final arc wanted to recover the echi moments similar to the beginning.

DragonOsman
2018-02-26, 14:42
Indra, Kamadeva, and/or Shiva. Any other possibilities?

The Asuras have a grudge against Indra because apparently Mahabali's father and, IIRC, some other people from the royal family of the Asuras died because of him. And Ise was recruited by Shiva for the upcoming war against Indra, which Indra should also know about. To me, these things go against the possibility of Indra training Ise. [Well, the Asuras' grudge thing is unrelated to whether Indra would train Ise or not, but it's there to point out the darkness in Indra - though granted, all Gods probably have some darkness in them. Some more than others. It's just that in this case, it's personal for the Asuras which is why they sided with Shiva. I'm just saying that Indra may not want to train Ise because it's possible that Ise will side with Shiva in the upcoming war (if that war does happen).]

Speaking of a war, though. There are two wars that might happen. The war Hades might start, and the war Indra wants with Shiva. Indra will wish for his if he wins in the Azazel Cup which is why he isn't an immediate threat. Hades can start his at any moment, though, which makes him a bigger threat. What's going to happen to the Azazel Cup if Hades starts a war in the middle of it? Will they deal with Hades and then continue the Cup, or will the Cup not continue anymore?

godz
2018-02-26, 15:03
to your question, as there are demons created by hades in the tournament I think that hades will be waiting for how the tournament is going, since there is a possibility that Indra's desire is involved with the army of gods and devils of Hades ... hades and Indra have shown to have a close communication,

DragonOsman
2018-02-26, 15:10
I don't think Indra and Hades are in cahoots here. Very unlikely.

Hades probably wants to use the devils he created to start a war against all other devils, and he might to do it in the middle of the tournament.

godz
2018-02-26, 15:34
“What happened to Cao Cao? You did receive a call yesterday, correct?”

Ah, that. I received the report of the aftermath from that bastard Śakra.

“It seems like Indra punished all of the Longinus possessors from the Hero-faction. That includes Cao Cao, Georg, and Leonardo. But according to Indra, he confiscated the spear, and sent those three to Hades.”

Though, he didn’t hand us the holy-spear. That bastard Śakra is probably in possession of Dimension Lost and Annihilation Maker.

It will make him look like the one who finished off the Hero-faction. Even though he lent his strength to them. He used them to the very end, and he attained a reason for being in possession of the Longinus.

[It can’t be helped for Śakra who punished the Hero-faction to be in possession of the Longinus for a temporary time.]

He attained a very good excuse. So we are in a situation where it’s hard for us to complain. Heracles and Jeanne that we captured have given up their connection with Śakra……but I wonder how deep they are connected with that cunning Śakra.

……Damn, the one who defeated them are the young Devils, you know?

He stole the good parts at the very end!

“……For him who was aiming to become the poison against supernatural beings.”

Kiba mutters.

Indra’s voice comes back to my mind. He did speak about Cao Cao.

[HAHAHA, that brat moved around without thinking about what he wanted to become, that’s why he failed. If he wanted to become strong as a human, then he shouldn’t have relied on Medusa’s eye. Since he spoke of being a hero while being half-assed that made him fail. As the result, that eye became fatal. Laughable, right? Laugh at him. At the end, he turned into a clown.]

Yeah, if he had continued to fight as a simple human, then the holy-spear would have lent its strength to his will.

So it ended for him because the “The will of the God from the Bible” determined that “Rather than the ambition of the host, the dream of the Sekiryuutei who is a Devil and a Dragon is better” huh.

[——The ones who will hunt monsters, are human heroes. So there’s nothing that the shitty brat who went beyond a human to become a snob can do.]

Regarding that, I agree. Having Indra say that is the end for him.

But, just like Ise, there was a young-side to Cao Cao. Wanting to become someone is the part of being young. And isn’t the one who put such ambition in that youth of wanting to become a hero you, aye Śakra-sama?

Śakra said this to me after that.

[Well, to me, the “Oppai Dragon” who is a Devil and is calling himself a hero is also quite a clown, you know? What’s the point of a Devil being a hero? Isn’t it the desire of the Devils to deceive humans and control them from the shadows? No matter how much he lives on by saying innocent things, the group of those young Devils on your side are also evil and vicious “Devils” that live on by using humans, you know? No matter how far he goes, he is still far off from being a real hero. ––It’s just child's play.]

……I won’t deny all of that.

But the Devils, ––the Underworld is changing as well. That’s why they were about to collapse if they continued to have the old structure of the world of Devils.

……But forcing him to become a hero, huh. Was I doing the same as well……?

Rias then asks.

“What is Śakra trying to do? The God of war who let Cao Cao loose, who taunted Hades indirectly, and who brought chaos to each faction. Azazel, did you ask about his true ambition?”

“Yeah, that guy wants to create people who can oppose the God of destruction, Shiva. He believes that wars will give birth to strong people.”

……Though I don’t know how much of that is the truth…… It seems like Indra would do anything in order to win against Shiva.volumen 14

I doubt it, as Azazel said Indra used every means possible to defeat Shiva and an alliance with the army of Hades is the best option.

DragonOsman
2018-02-26, 15:54
Indra is planning to use his wish for winning the tournament to have a war against Shiva. That's all.

CCPDarkraiRules
2018-02-26, 15:56
Indra is planning to use his wish for winning the tournament to have a war against Shiva. That's all.

Where is this stated in the series?

godz
2018-02-26, 16:00

I am saying that the army that is forming hades may be involved with the war of Indra, Indra not only wants war but also to win, as the underlined part of the text of volume 14 comes out.

Crimson406
2018-02-26, 16:02
Where is this stated in the series?

…The Heavenly Emperor was completely focused on the tournament. After all, the prize of the tournament was the ability to realise any wish, so if he could achieve his one dream of a war with Shiva, focusing his attention on the tournament was a wise and correct decision. Apollon-san also nodded in agreement

“Shiva-san himself is also considering the unknown…but when I think about the groups that are fighting against Trihexa including my father, the other gods of Olympus and the Norse mythology are watching the situation closely in case anyone tries to plunge the world into chaos.”

Volume 23 Life 2 part 2.

DragonOsman
2018-02-26, 16:13
Yeah, that's also why I said that.

He does want to win, and it's possible he'll do anything to win like Azazel thought, but it's still not confirmed that he'll make use of Hades' devils. Let's wait and see about that.

CCPDarkraiRules
2018-02-26, 16:17
Thank you CrimsonDarkness406.

Which pieces do people think that Vidar, Apollon and Brynhildr will be?

I think it will be something like this:

Vidar - Queen or Knight or Rook
Apollon - Bishop or Queen
Brynhidr - Rook or Bishop or Knight

Lucidrago
2018-02-26, 16:51
volumen 14

I doubt it, as Azazel said Indra used every means possible to defeat Shiva and an alliance with the army of Hades is the best option.

That was never in the light novels. Where did you get that from?

Basically we have to be wary of what others say about someone else. Because we haven't heard it from Indra himself. Remember everything that was said about Azazel and the fallen angels before Volume 4? It made us believe that Azazel was some evil mastermind. Is Azazel evil? Of course not. But from the perceptions of others it was easy to cast him as such.

Now the same thing is being done to Indra.

godz
2018-02-26, 17:01
That was never in the light novels. Where did you get that from?

Basically we have to be wary of what others say about someone else. Because we haven't heard it from Indra himself. Remember everything that was said about Azazel and the fallen angels before Volume 4? It made us believe that Azazel was some evil mastermind. Is Azazel evil? Of course not. But from the perceptions of others it was easy to cast him as such.

Now the same thing is being done to Indra.

I took it out of volume 14, in the part of Romania and some of the sayings are azazel's memories of what I hear from Indra himself.

So Indra is suspicious, until I prove otherwise as happened with Azazel.

Lucidrago
2018-02-26, 17:07
Tell me what part.

Lucidrago
2018-02-26, 17:12
Sun Wukong must be suspicious as well is what you're saying. I highly doubt we know Indra's true intentions.

And I feel that there's a dragon on Team God Alliance.

DragonOsman
2018-02-27, 08:52
Azazel being suspicious of Indra means there might really be some truth to it, though. But yeah, good point about the First Gen. Sun Wukong.

[Also, Godz has a quote from the LN in the post you quoted to say that what he said isn't in the novels anywhere. Remember that Godz's English is poor. And please look at the quote.]

And please don't double post. The "edit" button is there for a reason (never thought I'd have to say this to you).

Lucidrago
2018-02-27, 09:27
Sorry about that.

Anyway does anyone think thsre's a dragon on Team God or some of Typhon's famous children?

DragonOsman
2018-02-27, 09:30
I'm not sure about whether it's likely or not, but it'd be interesting if it's true. Ise could try fighting that dragon. It might be a good fight.

godz
2018-02-27, 10:13
Azazel's suspicions have almost never failed, for that reason I keep my doubt against Indra.
I want to see a hydra in the typhon team, I feel it would be very epic to imagine him fighting against bova.

n0m@n
2018-02-27, 22:06
We should be getting the cover for v25 and SD v2 today or tomorrow.

Positive it will be Rossweisse for v25 since its her volume (Tobio and Lavinia for SD v2 cover). Though i'm have little hope for the number of illustrations in v25 like most of the previous volumes.

Raptor178
2018-02-27, 22:16
Since Rose now has Mystletainn, I wonder how she will use it. She doesn't really excel in close combat, so it might be a magical sword.

Crimson406
2018-02-27, 22:29
We should be getting the cover for v25 and SD v2 today or tomorrow.

Positive it will be Rossweisse for v25 since its her volume (Tobio and Lavinia for SD v2 cover). Though i'm have little hope for the number of illustrations in v25 like most of the previous volumes.

It’s possible for V25 cover to be Rossweisse. But there are possibility of it being Irina and Asia cover as well.

thefreakmike
2018-02-28, 00:40
If that happens I swear I’ll fly to Japan and personally bitch-slap Miyama for doing it, I’m still salty about V20 not having Issei in the cover

B214
2018-02-28, 02:14
Volume 25 cover will be Vidar. :p

Ariel_Saeba
2018-02-28, 03:22
Nah my dude, the cover would be Brynhildr yandere-ing over Issei or even Kiba because they killed Siegfried :heh:

But seriously, if the original Sigurd is not at least a demigod or even a minor deity (he could even be the head of the Einherjar Corps for all I know) after his death I would be disappointed.

DragonOsman
2018-02-28, 04:50
If that happens I swear I’ll fly to Japan and personally bitch-slap Miyama for doing it, I’m still salty about V20 not having Issei in the cover

I'm in support of this. If you do that, you'll have my backing (at least emotionally - I can't actually go). I'm also kind of mad about Ise not being on the Volume 20 cover.

I want to know about Sigurd too. And also whether or not Ishibumi followed the original myth about him being married to Brynhildr.

B214
2018-02-28, 05:21
Maybe the cover will be the Church Trio.

DragonOsman
2018-02-28, 05:25
That's possible. But it sounds better for the character that the Volume is focusing on to be on the cover, so that's why I hope for Rose to be on the cover.

Sekiryuu12
2018-02-28, 05:39
Nah, Miyama will go even further and beyond: NO COVER.

DragonOsman
2018-02-28, 06:36
Pretty much approaching the pinnacle of laziness, huh? I really hope it's not like that, though.

B214
2018-02-28, 07:48
Nah, Miyama will go even further beyond: NO COVER.

Nah we will have a cover. A blank cover with the wording High School DxD only. XD

Lucidrago
2018-02-28, 08:51
I wouldn't find that too surprising.

And you guys need to brush up on the original myth. Brynhildr married Gunnar not Sigurd/Siegfried. He helped out his bro Gunnar in secretly performing the deeds that would require Gunnar to marry Brynhildr.

Sigurd is most likely dead. Seeing as his signature weapon is in the hands of another. Next you guys are going to convince people that Roland is still alive.

Ariel_Saeba
2018-02-28, 09:45
We know that (or I know that, and my headcanon of her yandere-ish character is from why she cannot get Sigurd but Gunnar instead despite the fact that she only swore to hold the former, but the latter plotted with Sigurd anyway, which is also her characterization in another series ahem Fate/Prototype). Then again, as the Volsung saga dictates, her eyes are only and only for Sigurd, and seeing her alive in DxD means that there is also a chance that the original Sigurd will still exist in some form.

And no, Roland is confirmed dead, or Olivier, or Charliemang, or even Astolfo for that matter :heh:

DragonOsman
2018-02-28, 09:51
So Brynhildr loved Sigurd but was forced to marry Gunnar? Okay, if DxD follows the myth for this part, then I just hope Brynhildr's DxD version stays happy. She sounds like a tragic character in the myth.

Ariel_Saeba
2018-02-28, 09:56
@Osman have you ever read Volsung saga (or its more famous German adaptation Der Ring Des Nibelungiend)? The story of Bryn and Sigurd was written as a tragedy from the start, and seeing Bryn alive, I would reckon that her heart had gone on or the original Sigurd is still exist in some form in DxD universe (do remember that "Chaos Edge" Siegfried shared his bloodline too)

PS. If you ever played a PS1 game called Valkyrie Profile, its plot is an interesting take to the Bryn-Sigurd story with different character names.

Royalknightftw
2018-02-28, 10:04
We know that (or I know that, and my headcanon of her yandere-ish character is from why she cannot get Sigurd but Gunnar instead despite the fact that she only swore to hold the former but the latter plotted with Sigurd anyway, which is also her characterization in another series ahem Fate/Prototype). Then again, as the Volsung saga dictates, her eyes are only and only for Sigurd, and seeing her alive in DxD means that there is also a chance that the original Sigurd will still exist in some form.

And no, Roland is confirmed dead, or Olivier, or Charliemang, or even Astolfo for that matter :heh:

Hmmm, i don't know. Ishibumi hasn't revealed a lot about Valkyrie in dxd. Is Brunhilda who's appearing in volume 24 the real one? Or maybe just her descendant ?. Does it mean that Gondul is the real Gondul like in the myth? If so, then she is really really old. How does Valkyrie system work in dxd?. Hopefully we will get more info about it in vol 24 or later volumes

DragonOsman
2018-02-28, 10:09
Ahem, Brynhildr appears in Volume 25, not 24. But yeah, I'm also wondering about those same things.

@Ariel: I read this just now: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brynhildr. I haven't read the part under the "Wagner's 'Ring' Cycle" subtitle, though.

Royalknightftw
2018-02-28, 10:12
Ahem, Brynhildr appears in Volume 25, not 24. But yeah, I'm also wondering about those same things.

@Ariel: I read this just now: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brynhildr. I haven't read the part under the "Wagner's 'Ring' Cycle" subtitle, though.

Oh damn, sorry i uh made a stupid mistake

Ariel_Saeba
2018-02-28, 10:14
@Royal, for Gondul, yes, which is why she appeared as Rossweisse's grandmother (the grandma's part is DxD original, but there's an interesting mythological aspect of why she is characterised like that) and seeing Valkyries in DxD are being considered as demigods, she is very, very old indeed.

As for Bryn, the preview only mentioned her being the Commander of the Valkyrie Unit. Though from what I can understand, it's pretty much the Bryn I have known and love, but with added DxD flavour (Rose called her "senpai", so Bryn is either only a generation behind Rose or she is also very old, basically at Gondul's generation but blessed with ageless body) :heh:

@Osman do take note on the different characterization between the original Norse poem and the Wagnerian opera.

CCPDarkraiRules
2018-02-28, 10:24
Maybe the Valkyries' names are named so because its like how there are multiple people in the world with the same name?

DragonOsman
2018-02-28, 10:37
They could be the original Valkyries with those names, too, though. They're demigoddesses after all, as Ariel said, so can be considerably old even if they don't look it (though maybe Gondul does - I don't remember how she was described, though).

@Ariel: Maybe all of the Valkyries look younger than they are. It's possible, isn't it? After all, Gabriel and the original angels also look a lot younger than they actually are.

About Brynhildr being Rose's senpai, I think it makes sense that it would be that way. Brynhildr should be very old indeed if she's the original one from the myth, and Rose is 19 or so (I don't remember her age exactly, but she should be in the same age-group as Ise and Rias).

Royalknightftw
2018-02-28, 10:44
well, for Grim Reaper. Names can be considered as some sort of rank, as mentioned in vol24. Maybe, Valyrie is similar
(with few differences )as Grim reaper when it comes to names or just like ccp stated, some of them have similar names

Ariel_Saeba
2018-02-28, 10:44
More like in the original myth there were numerous Valkyries, and the named ones clocked at around 29 from the Eddic ones alone (the Wagnerian ones, including Rossweisse, was 12) Their names, at least the Eddic ones, were basically epithets, which in DxD, translates as their capabilities (for example, Gondul means "wand-wielder" in Norse, which makes it very fitting considering her magical abilities)

They're masters of rune magic after all, so it's entirely possible that they use it to keep their bodies fit unless they want to retire. :heh:

As for Gondul's appearance, Volume 17 described her as basically having Rose's body with the face of a woman in her fifties to sixties.

Rose's 18, yes (19 by the current volume).

DragonOsman
2018-02-28, 11:02
If the Valkyries in DxD are the original one from the myth, Ishibumi could've taken liberties with how old they are. Especially if Rose is also from the original myth and is in the same age-group as Ise and Rias.

I don't think the names are just ranks. And I haven't read Volume 24, so I wouldn't know what it says about Grim Reapers.

Royalknightftw
2018-02-28, 12:10
If the Valkyries in DxD are the original one from the myth, Ishibumi could've taken liberties with how old they are. Especially if Rose is also from the original myth and is in the same age-group as Ise and Rias.

I don't think the names are just ranks. And I haven't read Volume 24, so I wouldn't know what it says about Grim Reapers.

Well, ”some sort” of ranks. For example, Pluto was one of the strongest Grim reapers and the oldest one but then he was killed by Vali, in volume 24 it was shown that someone else took his name and became Pluto 2, hence my assumption that name in Grim Reaper is more like a title or some sort of rank. Valkyries might have similar way to name their valkyries albeit in different ways.

Bennia Lover
2018-02-28, 13:31
No Valkyries names are not ranks it seems as Valkyrie's have family households meaning they should have a surname. This was proven with Rossweisse where we learned she as the heir, was meant to become the head of her household but couldn't so her cousin became the head instead. This shows Valkyries should have surnames as a household needs one to be differentiated (you can't have a household without a surname; it's impossible because it contradicts), but also they don't have ranking with their names. I mean there can be something like "Rossweisse II" but only a family member could have that and it would be for honouring the original.

DragonOsman
2018-02-28, 15:17
The Pluto Vali killed might have been the original, with "Pluto II" being his successor, for all we know. We weren't given that much information, were we?

And "Rossweisse" isn't her family name. It's her own name. So her cousin who became the head probably isn't also named "Rossweisse".

Bennia Lover
2018-02-28, 15:28
I know "Rossweisse" isn't Rossweisse's family name. I never said it is.

DragonOsman
2018-02-28, 15:33
I know. I was just referring to how "Rossweisse" is also one of the names of Valkyries in the myths (if I'm not mistaken?). If she didn't inherit that name from someone else, then that should explain a lot.

Crimson406
2018-02-28, 16:29
Volume 25 Cover.

https://imgur.com/a/jwyj9

DragonOsman
2018-02-28, 16:40
I love that cover. Thanks for posting it here.

And yes, I'm glad it's Rose. She looks beautiful in that dress. But this also goes to show that this situation is similar to the one where Rias was engaged to Riser when she lost in the match against him. Hopefully Ise will win against Vidar, since whether Rose has to marry Vidar or not depends on that rather than on whether Ise's team wins the match or not. Unless Ise's team does have to win, in which case it's hopeless unless Ise does win the match. Though it could be similar to the case with Rias in Volume 2, where Ise was able to take Rias back (but it doesn't seem like he'll be able to do that here, sadly - so he probably has to settle it in that match and stop the engagement from happening in the first place).

I don't get why the same engagement plot has to come up again, though. We already know Ise will marry Rose in the end anyway, too, so they aren't fooling anyone.

CCPDarkraiRules
2018-02-28, 16:43
I also absolute love it as well.

DragonOsman
2018-02-28, 16:45
Enough that you made it your avatar pic, huh? Nice. Looks good.

CCPDarkraiRules
2018-02-28, 16:51
Thank you. To quote Thanos from the Infinity War trailer about how I feel about the cover:

But this... does put a smile on my face.

thefreakmike
2018-02-28, 17:08
Thank you. To quote Thanos from the Infinity War trailer about how I feel about the cover:

I see that you are a man of culture as well

Lucidrago
2018-02-28, 17:47
Anyone notice now that Rossweisse has the same number of single covers as Rias and Xenovia. And she has more single covers than Asia and Akeno. Weird right?

Ishibumi needs a relevant plot for the girl who the volume is about. Most fit perfectly like Rias' dilemma in Volume 2. And a few are just Ishibumi trying to find something to make said girl relevant to their own volume that makes almost no sense. I'm mainly talking about Volume 14 and the fake Phenex Tears. Made no sense whatsoever but Ishibumi just needed something to connect Ravel to Volume 14.

Again with this volume. Vidar trying to make Rossweisse his bride. Ishibumi's just scrambling for stuff now.

B214
2018-02-28, 18:01

And yes, I'm glad it's Rose. She looks beautiful in that dress. But this also goes to show that this situation is similar to the one where Rias was engaged to Riser when she lost in the match against him. Hopefully Ise will win against Vidar, since whether Rose has to marry Vidar or not depends on that rather than on whether Ise's team wins the match or not. Unless Ise's team does have to win, in which case it's hopeless unless Ise does win the match. Though it could be similar to the case with Rias in Volume 2, where Ise was able to take Rias back (but it doesn't seem like he'll be able to do that here, sadly - so he probably has to settle it in that match and stop the engagement from happening in the first place).

I don't get why the same engagement plot has to come up again, though. We already know Ise will marry Rose in the end anyway, too, so they aren't fooling anyone.

No it's not mention that Rose marrying Vidar has to do with Ise winning or losing. I wouldn't even be surprised if it's all a ruse just to have Ise and Rose's relationship progress. The timing IMO is too coincidence, they're facing Ise next and Vidar pulls this action.

DragonOsman
2018-02-28, 18:15
Are you going to say that Vidar being told by the people in the Norse world that he needs to choose a wife is my own head canon now? Because I could've sworn that's what led to this. Vidar said he'd marry Rose, and Gondul accepted under the condition that he defeat Ise.

Royalknightftw
2018-02-28, 18:20

If you think about it, each girl has recurring theme with one another or more

1. Both Rias and Ross are the only girls who have other male characters who want to, well ,have a relationship with them (Riser and Euclid). I wouldn't count Vidar since his agenda to marry ross remains to be seen.
2. Both Akeno and Koneko have the same problem which is, strained family relationships. I would put Irina in this category but she doesn't have any issues with her father, yet Issei had to save her father first in order to deepen his relationship with her, so it's kinda similar with Akeno
3. Both Ravel and Elmenhilde have "pride cometh before fall"kind of setting. At first Ravel thought that her brother was unbeatable, just like Elmen thought the vampires was more superior than other races.
4. Both Asia and Xenovia were born as an orphan, unlike Koneko and kuroka, they(asia and xenovia) simply have no "family history" and they were also raised by church and had no basic understanding how the outside world works(at first). The only difference between them is Asia had to be saved a lot while Xenovia is one of few characters who is immune of "damsel in distress " setting.

DragonOsman
2018-02-28, 18:27
Yeah, you're right. That's true.

But what setting would Kuroka fall into, then?

And yeah, I do want to know why Vidar chose Rose when he was told that he has to choose someone to marry.

Royalknightftw
2018-02-28, 19:03
Yeah, you're right. That's true.

But what setting would Kuroka fall into, then?

And yeah, I do want to know why Vidar chose Rose when he was told that he has to choose someone to marry.

I would say under "family problem " category just like Koneko, although she is quite unique. Unlike her sister, Kuroka doesn't fall into "damsel in distress " category and she is also similar to Asia in a way, since Issei gives them home to go to.

B214
2018-02-28, 19:39
Are you going to say that Vidar being told by the people in the Norse world that he needs to choose a wife is my own head canon now? Because I could've sworn that's what led to this. Vidar said he'd marry Rose, and Gondul accepted under the condition that he defeat Ise.

No I don't recall that Gondul set any terns about Vidar needing to beat Ise. You can check with n0m@n since I haven't read the volume yet.

Lucidrago
2018-02-28, 20:58
Rias can be considered a 'damsel in distress' when Issei had to defeat Riser to break off their engagement. Asia has only been kidnapped and rescued like two times. People act like she's Princess Peach. Or worse like Eren Yeager.

And there's nothing wrong with pride. Pride that blinds you is a problem.

And Euclid wanted to make Rossweisse his new sister because of his sister complex and how Rossweisse looked very similar to Grayfia. He wasn't courting her.

Well Asia and Xenovia were abandoned by the Church after giving everything to God and found new meaning in their lives upon being reincarnated as devils. And yet they held on to their faith in God while embracing their new lives. Largely through Issei.

I was merely saying that the fake Phenex Tears plot didn't make any sense at all. Ishibumi just needed something to make Ravel relevant.

At least with Volume 26, he can have Issei have his match against Ruval Phenex since it's most likely going to be Ravel's volume.

Bennia Lover
2018-02-28, 21:19
For Ravel's volume, I hope we finally learn the name of the last Phenex child and possibly the names of her parents.

Lucidrago
2018-02-28, 22:30
Unless it's important to the plot or Ishibumi feels like it, their names might remain unknown.

godz
2018-02-28, 22:36
we must remember that volume 20, which was very familiar, did not tell us anything about the names of Issei's father

Raptor178
2018-02-28, 22:43
Volume 25 Cover.

https://imgur.com/a/jwyj9

It's too beautiful... I can't go on. I NEED A HIGHER RES IMAGE!!!!

Anyway, so this image really supports the idea that Rose's and Vidar's wedding ceremony will be interrupted. Every time someone is on the cover, they will be wearing that in the volume at least once.

Crimson406
2018-02-28, 23:07

Anyway, so this image really supports the idea that Rose's and Vidar's wedding ceremony will be interrupted. Every time someone is on the cover, they will be wearing that in the volume at least once.

Found a higher resolution.

https://imgur.com/a/Hk25l

thefreakmike
2018-02-28, 23:14
Seriously, just shut up and take my money! 10/10 cover, As if she wasnt beautiful enough already... Glad Miyama didnt dissapoint with the cover, now even if there are few illustrations like before if they are as lit as the cover thers nothing to complain

Still hoping for some drunk Rose this volume

Gaizafaiz
2018-02-28, 23:47

If it goes the way you're speculating, then Issei's team might lose in the match then.

cyberdemon
2018-03-01, 00:17
I'm thinking that there isn't actually an engagement and that this is a set up by Gondul to give Issei the motivation to beat down a god team and make them admit their feelings for each other. He's been known to beat the crap out of those who try to take his harem for themselves so she played to that to help their fight. lol The engagement thing has been overplayed so a twist like that would be interesting.

thefreakmike
2018-03-01, 00:34
Its all part Gondul's brilliant keikaku

DragonOsman
2018-03-01, 05:00
@cyberdemon: I hope you're right.

@B214: I read it in the Volume 24 thread, IIRC. If it wasn't just someone's speculation, it should be in the Volume itself. Maybe somewhere towards the end.

Well damn, both Vali and Rose got to be on the cover for their respective Volumes; Ise is the only one who didn't. I hate that. His only covers were shared with Rias and Asia (Volume 1) and just Rias (Volume 2). Ise isn't on any other covers. It's just sad.

Lucidrago
2018-03-01, 10:24
Remember someone named Kiba?

And again Issei is not beautiful enough.

vietthai96
2018-03-01, 11:13
Remember someone named Kiba?

And again Issei is not beautiful enough.
Wait what?

DragonOsman
2018-03-01, 11:47
Let's keep in mind that DxD Volumes are sold in women's sections in bookstores. Maybe the reason Ise has no cover all to himself has to do with that - the poor guy's face isn't popular with the ladies.

TheWu8128
2018-03-01, 12:25
That make zero sense especially for a series more catered to males than female, his look should mean nothing to him getting a solo cover, and if it does the logic misses me.

Darksider555
2018-03-01, 12:29
That make zero sense

Yeah, if that were true, then we would have more male covers like Ise, Kiba, Cao Cao & Sairaorg.

DragonOsman
2018-03-01, 12:37
I heard it from someone in Japan, so it must be true that it's sold in women's sections.

It's a harem series, so it seems to cater more to males, but it does have thing that girls would like I guess. There are a few girls on this forum that I know that read it.

TheWu8128
2018-03-01, 12:55
So you yourself don't have any proof just going off what someone else has told you. Even if that is true this is a harem/shonen series which are geared more towards males than females. Sure females read it as well, but the male audience would still be bigger so that still makes zero sense.

Lucidrago
2018-03-01, 13:15
Well almost every male besides Issei is very handsome. Again need to be super good-looking to have a solo cover. Like Vali.

And again count how many covers Rossweisse has now. And then count how many covers Rias has(by herself).

Volume 1: Introduction volume(Issei, Asia, and Rias on cover)

Volume 2: Rias' volume(Issei and Rias on cover)

Volume 3: Kiba's volume(Asia on cover)

Volume 4: Mostly Gasper's volume(Akeno on cover)

Volume 5: Koneko's volume(Koneko on cover)

Volume 6: Asia's volume(Xenovia on cover)

Volume 7: Akeno's volume(Irina on cover)

Volume 8: Side story volume(Rias and Asia on cover)

Volume 9: Hero Faction volume(Rossweisse on cover)

Volume 10: Rias' volume(Rias on cover)

Volume 11: Partly Koneko's, partly Ophis'(Ophis on cover)

Volume 12: Everybody's volume I guess(Rias on cover)

Volume 13: Side story volume(Akeno on cover)

Volume 14: Ravel's volume(Ravel on cover)

Volume 15: Side story/Main story volume(Serafall on cover)

Volume 16: Gasper's volume(Gasper on cover)

Volume 17: Rossweisse's volume(Rossweisse on cover)

Volume 18: Irina's volume(Irina on cover)

Volume 19: Xenovia's volume(Xenovia on cover)

Volume 20: Issei's volume(Asia on cover)

Volume 21: Vali's volume(Vali on cover)

Volume 22: Akeno's volume(Rias on cover)

Volume 23: Asia's volume(Ravel on cover)

Volume 24: Koneko's and Kuroka's volume(Koneko and Kuroka on cover)

Volume 25: Rossweisse's volume(Rossweisse on cover)

Volume DX1(Grayfia on cover)

Volume DX2(Ophis on cover)

Volume DX3(Xenovia on cover)

Volume DX4(Elmenhilde on cover)

So basically Issei or Kiba aren't good enough to get their own solo covers even for their own volumes, but Vali is. Asia and Akeno aren't good enough to be on the covers of their own volumes.

And somehow Xenovia and Rossweisse have as many solo covers as Rias.

Ariel_Saeba
2018-03-01, 13:27
Lad just needs to change his hairstyle to be on the cover again. Ez. (C'mon Miyama, you can do it).

PS. Mullet Issei ftw

TheWu8128
2018-03-01, 13:30
Him being good looking should be a zero factor I don't get your logic on that. If your target audience is males why would I care how good Ise looked on the cover as long as he looked cool

Lucidrago
2018-03-01, 13:49
People judge books by their covers. That's the harsh truth, mate. People don't want to see Issei's average-looking mug on the cover of their favorite harem/ecchi series unless there's a beautiful dame with him on that cover.

godz
2018-03-01, 14:29
I bet that Issei will have his cover alone in the final volume (as in 30 or 31)

TheWu8128
2018-03-01, 14:43
People judge books by their covers. That's the harsh truth, mate. People don't want to see Issei's average-looking mug on the cover of their favorite harem/ecchi series unless there's a beautiful dame with him on that cover.

Most fan of the series want Ise on the cover of a volume. So if your saying that, then who are the people your talking about be more specific. Because you just saying he looks average is a weak argument. There are plenty of ways around what your saying

Raptor178
2018-03-01, 14:48
Most fan of the series want Ise on the cover of a volume.

Any statistics to back that up? I am honestly curious. Sure, we here at Animesuki do, but what of the entire fanbase?

DragonIsseiHyodoFan
2018-03-01, 16:05
Well almost every male besides Issei is very handsome. Again need to be super good-looking to have a solo cover. Like Vali.

And again count how many covers Rossweisse has now. And then count how many covers Rias has(by herself).

Volume 1: Introduction volume(Issei, Asia, and Rias on cover)

Volume 2: Rias' volume(Issei and Rias on cover)

Volume 3: Kiba's volume(Asia on cover)

Volume 4: Mostly Gasper's volume(Akeno on cover)

Volume 5: Koneko's volume(Koneko on cover)

Volume 6: Asia's volume(Xenovia on cover)

Volume 7: Akeno's volume(Irina on cover)

Volume 8: Side story volume(Rias and Asia on cover)

Volume 9: Hero Faction volume(Rossweisse on cover)

Volume 10: Rias' volume(Rias on cover)

Volume 11: Partly Koneko's, partly Ophis'(Ophis on cover)

Volume 12: Everybody's volume I guess(Rias on cover)

Volume 13: Side story volume(Akeno on cover)

Volume 14: Ravel's volume(Ravel on cover)

Volume 15: Side story/Main story volume(Serafall on cover)

Volume 16: Gasper's volume(Gasper on cover)

Volume 17: Rossweisse's volume(Rossweisse on cover)

Volume 18: Irina's volume(Irina on cover)

Volume 19: Xenovia's volume(Xenovia on cover)

Volume 20: Issei's volume(Asia on cover)

Volume 21: Vali's volume(Vali on cover)

Volume 22: Akeno's volume(Rias on cover)

Volume 23: Asia's volume(Ravel on cover)

Volume 24: Koneko's and Kuroka's volume(Koneko and Kuroka on cover)

Volume 25: Rossweisse's volume(Rossweisse on cover)

Volume DX1(Grayfia on cover)

Volume DX2(Ophis on cover)

Volume DX3(Xenovia on cover)

Volume DX4(Elmenhilde on cover)

So basically Issei or Kiba aren't good enough to get their own solo covers even for their own volumes, but Vali is. Asia and Akeno aren't good enough to be on the covers of their own volumes.

It is understandable why Issei...But not Kiba....I mean He is Mr.Lady Killer. He should have gotten his own cover. Volume 3 should have been his cover not Asia. But heck most of the girls don't get cover that often either. Akeno Only has Volume 4 and 13.

DragonOsman
2018-03-01, 16:46
@Lucidrago: TheWu is right, mostly (it's just that, as Raptor has said, he should some proof to back up his claim that most of the fanbase wants Ise to get a solo cover). But one minor (?) correction: Volume 22 is titled "Gremory of the Graduation Ceremony" and is supposed to be focusing on both Akeno and Rias. That's why Ise proposed to Rias and also said he'd marry Akeno as well (even though he didn't say it to her directly) in that Volume.

Also, notice that if being handsome is a requirement for whether or not a male character can get a solo cover then Kiba should've gotten one by now. He didn't one even for his own Volume, though, just like Ise.

Bennia Lover
2018-03-01, 17:29
It's stupid the whole Issei not being handsome enough to get his own cover. Gasper got one after all. It's just Miyama has simply decided not to give Yuuto or Issei a solo cover. Nothing more.

DragonOsman
2018-03-01, 17:42
True, but then again, Gasper also falls under the "handsome" category with the bonus addition of having looks allowing him to even pass for a girl.

Lucidrago
2018-03-01, 17:46
Having Issei on a cover by himself might cause sales to plummet. Just a possibility.

Do we have any proof that lots of fans want Issei to have his own solo cover?

Bennia Lover
2018-03-01, 17:49
No Gasper falls under "cute".
@Lucid There are boys and girls who find Issei handsome/attractive. They exist. So of course there is. There are fans who want Issei to get his own cover because he is their favourite character. Of course fans want Issei to have his own cover. Sales dropping due to the MC being on the cover? Impossible. A cover does not cause sales to plummet, the series itself does.

Lucidrago
2018-03-01, 17:57
But is it a large majority of people who believe such? Remember that many things cater to the majority, not the minority.

I was overexaggerating and that was inaccurate. Having Issei on the cober by himself wouldn't cause sales to plummet. But it might not get the desired outcome which is to increase sales. sales. So having Issei on the cover might cause sales to remain the same. The goal is to maximize sales. And I don't believe that Ishibumi or the publisher would want to risk that by putting Issei on his own cover by himself.

DragonOsman
2018-03-01, 18:07
Ise is still the MC. And I also agree with the cover not causing sales to plummet. Kill that idea. The story itself matters more. Fans will show displeasure at the cover if they don't like it, but they'll still buy the book and read it since it's from their favorite series.

And yeah, really, where do you get this idea of sales dropping because the friggin' MC got a solo cover?

Bennia Lover
2018-03-01, 18:08
Doesn't matter. Because Miyama is not catering to anybody really. We are talking about someone who draws lewd illustrations of anime girls so Miyama has a bias for drawing women over men on the covers. He/she just simply feels like drawing a guy on the cover. Also if Issei is apparently not good enough to have a solo cover, then he shouldn't have been on the first two covers if apparently Miyama is catering to a majority: that majority only wanting to see girls. He/she also shouldn't have put Gasper and Vali on a cover then. Like I said, it really seems like Miyama just has a bias, and just on a whim decides to draw a male character on the cover. Miyama likes women a lot so logic would be he/she would want to mainly have a girl on the cover.

DragonOsman
2018-03-01, 18:12
Or it could be publisher calling the shots with the cover. But yeah, Ise did still get to be on the first two Volumes' covers. And some people are thinking he might also be on the final Volume's cover. If he is, I hope it's a solo cover. Either that or, to make the series go full circle with the first Volume's cover, Ise with Rias and Asia (this time with both of the girls in wedding dresses).

Bennia Lover
2018-03-01, 18:19
The publisher only have a right deciding anything about the covers or illustrations if they are deemed too unsuitable for the target audience.

DragonOsman
2018-03-01, 18:25
I see. Then we can definitely blame it on Miyama's bias.

thefreakmike
2018-03-01, 20:53

So you are saying that neither of them is attractive as the other girls? :eyebrow: I mean sure, everyone has their favorites, but come on, I dont get this reasoning

Lucidrago
2018-03-01, 20:57
But the cover is marketing. Just because Miyama draws the illustrations doesn't mean he's the one calling the shots for who gets to be on the cover. That's an important decision that could boost sales.

Among the fans it wouldn't matter. Because they've read the series and knows what it's about and how good it is. Most couldn't care less who's on the cover. But what about the people who haven't read DxD who are thinking about buying it. So the cover would need to be visually appealing for those people. An attractive female on the cover can hook someone in. An average-looking Issei really isn't going to rake in any huge majorities of people who haven't read DxD.

But what do I know? I might be wrong. Just saying that having Issei by himself on the cover probably won't maximize sales.

n0m@n
2018-03-01, 21:11
The editors have a stronger opinion regarding the covers. So even if an author wants to use different girls for each volume there are publishers which only allows the main heroine to appear on the cover.

Especially for the first volume of the series you can either get a heroine(s) appear or the MC with heroine(s). You wouldnt be allowed to have the male MC appear by himself on the first volume (the only LN I know which has the male MC appear by himself on the first volume is Trinity Blood and Ragnarok). The editors/publishers knows sex sells so they use girls on the covers to attract readers.

The final volume will be Ise by himself lol. I mean I wish it is...

aw454wtr
2018-03-01, 23:03
Final volume cover should have Ddraig,Albion with GR flying in the background

Ariel_Saeba
2018-03-02, 01:15
The editors have a stronger opinion regarding the covers. So even if an author wants to use different girls for each volume there are publishers which only allows the main heroine to appear on the cover.

Especially for the first volume of the series you can either get a heroine(s) appear or the MC with heroine(s). You wouldnt be allowed to have the male MC appear by himself on the first volume (the only LN I know which has the male MC appear by himself on the first volume is Trinity Blood and Ragnarok). The editors/publishers knows sex sells so they use girls on the covers to attract readers.

The final volume will be Ise by himself lol. I mean I wish it is...

or better, Ise in his Great Red (AxA or whatever the fuck you call it cause I'm sick with this acronym plays) form :heh:

As for the cover, indeed, it's pretty much the editor's veto no matter what the author and illustrator say they want to.

B214
2018-03-02, 01:17
Final volume cover that will prevent everyone from buying. Ise in a monokini. XD

Ariel_Saeba
2018-03-02, 01:21
Nah my dude, a speedo is better :heh:

aw454wtr
2018-03-02, 01:25
miltan in a speedo let that image sink in

DragonOsman
2018-03-02, 05:43
@Ariel: The AxA through ExE forms are from the Boosted Gear. AxA is Ddraig + Great Red + Ophis. The form from the power within Great Red's flesh hasn't been given a name yet, so for now, let's just call it the fully Dragonified form (I think it's the form we saw in EX - we could also call it "True Dragonification", although he does also have access to Ophis' power in it). It's from Ise's own body, not the Boosted Gear.

I think it'd be better for the final cover to have Ise in it. Or maybe Ise and Rias. But either way, Ise should be in his human form. Or else it won't count.

Dragons in human form have the same hair color as the color of their scales. Tiamat has deep blue hair, Crom Cruach has black hair, and I'm sure if Tannin and Bova took on a human form, they too would have black hair. So that should mean Ise's hair will also become the color as his that of his scales when he gets his fully Dragonified form. And in EX, he's shown with crimson scales, so if his hair color does change, it'll become crimson. His eyes probably will as well, since Tiamat in human form also has deep blue eyes. But that begs the question: how will he explain the change in hair and eye color if this does happen? Hair dye and contacts?

Gaizafaiz
2018-03-02, 06:25
Isn't Tannin is more towards to purple/dark purple than black? I would rather for Issei's hair to stay brown. Can't imagine him having Crimson hair like Rias or Sirzerchs.

EternalDragonGod Ise
2018-03-02, 06:31
Nah that would be boring, Redish Brown Hair with unearthly Golden Eyes :D

vietthai96
2018-03-02, 06:42
Auburn Hair With Golden Eyes like Emiya Shirou :heh:

Lucidrago
2018-03-02, 08:14
Tannin and Bova are purple.

But Tannin and Bova don't turn into humans. A more accurate comparison would be Tannin's second son who actually has a human form.

And Crom Cruach has a mix of black and golden hair and has one black and one golden eye. His colors are black and gold. Despite Apophis only having black hair despite his colors being black and silver.

DragonOsman
2018-03-02, 08:28
Tiamat's case helps my point, though, at least.

I'm also not completely fine with Ise's hair and eye color changing, but it'll still probably happen. Let's wait and see, though. If his hair doesn't become entirely crimson, it might be good to see what color(s) (if more than one) it does change it into.

Lucidrago
2018-03-02, 08:33
Issei wasn't born a dragon and is originally human. No one's talking about Saji's hair turning black. The other dragons that have human forms are originally dragons.

DragonOsman
2018-03-02, 08:37
Ise now has the body of a dragon. When he awakens his fully Dragonified form from Great Red's power, there's still a chance that his hair color will change. Ise is different from Saji and Vali who just have traits of dragons. Ise was like that too originally, but now his entire body is that of a dragon. That makes him different.

Gaizafaiz
2018-03-02, 08:53
But as of now, it only applies to Dragons that is in human form. There is no proof/evidence of a human changes into a Dragon while abandoning their original traits. He might even retain his original hair color.

DragonOsman
2018-03-02, 08:55
He was originally a human that became a devil. That base is still retained, but now the body is entirely that of a dragon (and his base is stronger than before since the True Queen is Maou-class now - and apparently, according to Volume 24, Ophis' power within him is increasing every time he uses Dragon Deification (Ddraig apparently said this in Volume 24 during the Ise vs. Thanatos fight; I heard from Bodo) and that might also be strengthening his base to some extent). But yeah, it's true that that might make him different from those who were dragons to begin with. Let's wait and see, then.

KnightShade
2018-03-02, 10:15
Issei's hair color in base wont change for the simple reason that default character designs are trademarked and protected by the publisher. This isn't dbz, where changing hair colors are tied to powers.

Crimson406
2018-03-02, 10:22
Issei's hair color in base wont change for the simple reason that default character designs are trademarked and protected by the publisher. This isn't dbz, where changing hair colors are tied to powers.

Like the Saiyans. XD

Lucidrago
2018-03-02, 10:33
And any changes are reflected by Issei's armors.

DragonOsman
2018-03-02, 10:54
@kidstandout: So does that also apply to when the author wants to change Ise's hair color in base?

KnightShade
2018-03-02, 11:23
@kidstandout: So does that also apply to when the author wants to change Ise's hair color in base?

Assuming the author would want to change that, it's still on the publisher to sign off on that which is unlikely at best. Character appearance is tied to brand recognition and merchandising, the latter further complicates design changes even further. Keep in mind all of this is very circumstantial based on the context of the series and even then the publisher/editor might still just say no as there is no real reason for such a change (in story) that's worth restructuring so many image related revenue streams.

If ishibumi wanted to go that route of having issei's hair matching his scales, based on the assumption that he makes that a thing for all dragons in dxd, he'd probably wait for a time skip in a sequel.

edited for clarity

Ariel_Saeba
2018-03-02, 12:32
Yeah yeah calm your tits. Issei's basically a novice dragon shapeshifter by now so he can pretty much use the form that he likes and most comfortable with unless Ishibumi and his editor decides to do otherwise.

KnightShade
2018-03-02, 13:29
No he cant as b214 already cited where it was said that isseis dragon aura is still unstable even after the new body, hence why rias and akeno still treat him to maintain his human form.

Ariel_Saeba
2018-03-02, 13:39
Which is why I said "novice", he may be a shapeshifter, but rn he can't control it to the degree we saw in EX, so for now he stays with his original human form (again, unless otherwise noted, like the mana/aura leakage in the early volumes, Dragonification, among other things)

KnightShade
2018-03-02, 13:55
Fair enough

Lucidrago
2018-03-02, 16:22
So how does any of this applies to Issei's hair?

And besides devils should be able to change their hair color as they please. Since they can change their appearances. For example Sirzechs appeared before Souji as a black cat.

godz
2018-03-02, 19:41
oh speaking of appearances, believe that issei becomes higher in the future or stay in the stature that is currently ... because gasper will suffer a great growth and will leave small issei.

Lucidrago
2018-03-02, 22:30
We don't know how Issei looks in the future. Since Gasper is very short and young-looking it's obvious he would get taller in the future.

But Issei is already at an average height for a Japanese male.

Look at Goku. He's like 5'6'' or 5'7''. Issei's basically the same height as Goku.

B214
2018-03-02, 23:09
Goku is 5'9".

DragonOsman
2018-03-02, 23:56
@Lucidrago: Yes, devils can change their appearance, but Ise doesn't know how to do that (as far as we know). And It probably requires precise Demonic Power control. The First Gen. Sun Wukong's training is geared towards controlling power emission, so it may also be taking that into account, but right now we don't know how good Ise's gotten in that area yet.

Ise might get a bit taller when he becomes a fully-grown adult. Maybe some inches. Or maybe he won't.

Lucidrago
2018-03-03, 02:19
@B214 My bad.

Issei isn't exactly going to be some six-foot tall monster. A lot of adults aren't even that tall. He'll probably gain a couple of inches so he'll be able to surpass Rias, Rossweisse, and Grayfia in height.

DragonOsman
2018-03-03, 02:46
What did I say? Even I'm not saying I want him to go up to six feet tall, nor am I saying I think he will.

Royalknightftw
2018-03-04, 12:56
I wonder if issei will visit Midgard in this volume but maybe not since issei will practise in whatever that sea name

Lucidrago
2018-03-04, 13:45
Unless the stadium is in Asgard, then no. Unless it has some relevance to Volume 25, then no.

Midgard is Earth.

Royalknightftw
2018-03-04, 13:56
Unless the stadium is in Asgard, then no. Unless it has some relevance to Volume 25, then no.

Midgard is Earth.

Wups, i confused midgard with ashgard, sorry about that. But it would be nice though if the tournament is held in Ashgard since this volume is about Ross. The title itself is called Yggdrasil so hopefully we will have more info about Norse mythology in this volume and of course Hindu mythology for the side dish.

DragonOsman
2018-03-04, 14:00
Volume 25 is about Rose, so maybe it'll show us the Norse world and how things work there. Basically a Volume about Valkyries and everything else Norse. And if that's so, it wouldn't be strange to see Asgard. Even if the stadium for the match isn't in there (which it most likely won't be?).

But yeah, that and Ise actually going to Asgard are two different things. And Ise will train in the Ocean of Milk (that's the name of the place, in the Hindu world, that they're sending him to), not anywhere in the Norse world. If Ise ever goes to the Norse world, though, hopefully he'll also go to Asgard.

Edit: @RoyalKnight: It's not Ashgard. It's Asgard.

Ruki0089
2018-03-04, 19:31
Vol 25 already!!

Lucidrago
2018-03-04, 19:45
I doubt we're going to be shown Asgard.

Crimson406
2018-03-04, 19:47
I doubt we're going to be shown Asgard.

Most of the stadiums are in the Underworld, so I doubt that as well.

thefreakmike
2018-03-04, 22:24
The only reason for Asgard to show up would if there were to be a meeting with Vidar, Gondul or any other one related to the whole marriege issue. Tho Ise´s house is the defacto place for meetings so that makes it chances of appearing even lower.

aw454wtr
2018-03-04, 23:26
With gods and faction leaders using Issei's house as a meeting place, the house is going to create its it's own legacy

Lucidrago
2018-03-04, 23:50
It already has. For Kuoh Town, it's basically the de facto meeting place.

vietthai96
2018-03-05, 00:26
The Legendary House :heh:

Lucidrago
2018-03-05, 04:01
You mean Kame House right? :heh:

DragonOsman
2018-03-05, 15:32
Is this Dragon Ball? :heh:

"God" is "Kami" in Japanese, if that's what you mean.

But yeah, his house is where meetings happen, so most likely it'll be there.

Lucidrago
2018-03-05, 18:17
Anyway I wonder if Brynhildr would count as a god-class being? I would say probably not but what would I know?

B214
2018-03-05, 18:28
The blessing of Enku.

Lucidrago
2018-03-05, 22:42
Oh yeah I had forgotten about that.

Or maybe just having Ophis in his house is indirectly blessing it.

aw454wtr
2018-03-06, 01:10
THen it's revealed chichigami secretly stays in one of the empty rooms in the top floor

DragonOsman
2018-03-06, 03:34
^That'd be good.

@Lucidrago: Brynhildr is said to be the strongest Valkyrie. And Valkyries are demigoddesses. I think she's God-class.

aw454wtr
2018-03-06, 04:29
How strong would strongest valkyrie be? on par with Pluto?

If she was the strongest shouldnt she have been guarding odin instead of rose?

Royalknightftw
2018-03-06, 05:28
How strong would strongest valkyrie be? on par with Pluto?

If she was the strongest shouldnt she have been guarding odin instead of rose?

Huh? You dont ask a general to guard a president, do you? It's Such a waste to have your strongest and the most high ranked soldier to just guard you

DragonOsman
2018-03-06, 05:46
Exactly. Also, @aw454str, what gives you the impression that she was guarding Rose? Rose called her "senpai". So she's Rose's senior as a Valkyrie. I don't think she was her guard.

Bennia Lover
2018-03-06, 07:47
@Osman No he meant that she should have been guarding Odin and not Rossweisse being the one doing it.

DragonOsman
2018-03-06, 08:28
Oh, okay. Makes sense that way. But yeah, as Royalknight said, doesn't it seem like a waste to have your strongest soldier be the one guarding you? There are other, better things the strongest ought to be doing instead, right?

vietthai96
2018-03-06, 08:53
And even Odin is old, he is high-ranked God level, he capable of protecting himself not like real-life presidents(no offend). Beside Odin want Rose accompany him(or more accurate is Ishi himself want :heh:), what the hell Brynhildr can do.

DragonOsman
2018-03-06, 09:34
In other mangas and such as well, I don't think you'll see the captain or otherwise leader of a bodyguard squad protect their charge him-/herself. This is the same situation. Brynhildr is the strongest, and is also the captain. Why would she have to do it herself?

S.Freedom
2018-03-06, 10:38
Because IF the worst case scenario ever happened and Odin was injured or killed, guess who's head would role after Rossweisse?:eyebrow:

DragonOsman
2018-03-06, 12:54
If you're saying it'd be Brynhildr's, that'd happen either way. If someone stronger than her tried to kill Odin.

Lucidrago
2018-03-06, 13:27
Well gods aren't unkillable as God dying in the Great War proved. Even if the leader is someone powerful, they still need bodyguards. Like how Dulio and Tobio were with Sirzechs and Azazel. Or how Hades was guarded by his Grim Reapers like in Volume 10 and Volume 12. People in high political positions like being at the head of their government need protection, no matter how powerful they are. Being powerful doesn't make you invincible. The Great War proved that.

DragonOsman
2018-03-06, 14:36
I know. That's not what I meant. Read my posts again. All I'm saying is that the captain of the Valkyrie Corps shouldn't need to guard Odin on her own. It should be the underlings' job. And when S.Freedom said Because IF the worst case scenario ever happened and Odin was injured or killed, guess who's head would role after Rossweisse?:eyebrow: I said If you're saying it'd be Brynhildr's, that'd happen either way. If someone stronger than her tried to kill Odin. What do you think I mean?

Lucidrago
2018-03-06, 19:10
That was directed towards @vietthai96. Not you, Osman.

aw454wtr
2018-03-06, 20:56
somehow I think Brynhildr might have refused to guard Odin as she did not want to have to watch him go to places like maid cafes, or azazel's busty oppai shop :heh:

Lucidrago
2018-03-06, 22:56
Brynhildr already has a role as the leader of the Valkyrie Corps. Rossweisse was basically Odin's escort or aide or however you would want to describe it. Do you see Thanatos being Hades' bodyguard?

vietthai96
2018-03-06, 23:17
Nah, Ishi want Rose, Brynhildr don't have a chance, beside i think Ishi only think about Brynhildr recently not when Odin and Rose appear and the Norse myth being introduced

Royalknightftw
2018-03-07, 00:52
Nah, Ishi want Rose, Brynhildr don't have a chance, beside i think Ishi only think about Brynhildr recently not when Odin and Rose appear and the Norse myth being introduced

Errr, back in vol 11 or 12 she did say that she went back to valhalla to train with her senpai. That certainly implied the existence of Bryn. Having Rose as a guard for Odin is plausible since she is quite capable but she is neither the srongest nor the most high ranked, so if something happened to her it would not be a huge loss for valkyrie corps.

DragonOsman
2018-03-07, 01:21
That's interesting. So she trained with Brynhildr to increase her compatibility with the Rook Piece.

vietthai96
2018-03-07, 07:59
Errr, back in vol 11 or 12 she did say that she went back to valhalla to train with her senpai. That certainly implied the existence of Bryn. Having Rose as a guard for Odin is plausible since she is quite capable but she is neither the srongest nor the most high ranked, so if something happened to her it would not be a huge loss for valkyrie corps.
Rose and Odin have plot armor so Bryn is there or not is not important.

DragonOsman
2018-03-07, 10:53
Weren't you the one who was the first to say that Ishibumi may not have thought of Brynhildr yet at that time?

Lucidrago
2018-03-07, 18:08
Nothing proves that she trained with Brynhildr. Just that a 'senpai' of hers taught her some powerful defensive magic. That could be anyone.

And Brynhildr already has a role as the leader of the Valkyries so she can't exactly be Odin's escort Valkyrie.

DragonOsman
2018-03-08, 08:27
In the preview of this Volume, Rose calls Brynhildr "senpai". It's the only lead we have.

vietthai96
2018-03-08, 10:42
Just wait for the vol to come out :heh:

Brawlre
2018-03-08, 23:12
I forgot when does the volume come out?

Crimson406
2018-03-08, 23:28
I forgot when does the volume come out?

March 20th.

Toumakimijo
2018-03-10, 17:35
I read the Preview and i am already scared that there will be more dissgusting Powers :( Man Ichiei why must you be a fu**cking Pervert. Curse yoou. Sorry, its just I think we are at a Point were the Series should be more serious, but i can not take this serious if Ichiei always come with these dissgusting and just wrong Powers. Yeah at the start it was ok and funny, but there is a point were the Author should become more serious. But that is just my Opinion.
I hope he will have now some decent Powers.
Yeah i also belive it is someone of the Hindu Mythology, most likely Shiva or Mahabali or Yama?
Dream Fight: Ise (with Great Reds Poweror AxA) vs Typhoon
Hades really is annoying, hope he dies. Yama or Yomi could replace him.

Dude wtf are you complaining about an attack name when issei literally has an attack called dress break but you never call him disgusting your logic issei can do it but nobody else can?

Toumakimijo
2018-03-10, 17:42
This is the typical shounen where a girl has to confess her love for the MC to get a power up lol I can all ready predict what's going to happen then issei is all ways with that b.s. she's just a friend when he's proven time and time again that he wants a harem like can't they just be friends? Same goes to all the other females in the show who feel,some type of way about issei like he's the only guy on the planet or something.

DragonOsman
2018-03-10, 17:43
He just thinks all of Ise's perverted techniques are disgusting. Never mind the fact that's basically what makes Ise, Ise. Even most of his serious power-ups were from breasts.

KnightShade
2018-03-10, 17:48
This is the typical shounen where a girl has to confess her love for the MC to get a power up lol I can all ready predict what's going to happen then issei is all ways with that b.s. she's just a friend when he's proven time and time again that he wants a harem like can't they just be friends? Same goes to all the other females in the show who feel,some type of way about issei like he's the only guy on the planet or something.

Not every female wants his dick, and what you said about issei getting power ups through confessions honestly sounds like bait. he has not gotten a single power up that way

dragon213
2018-03-10, 19:08
Not every female wants his dick, and what you said about issei getting power ups through confessions honestly sounds like bait. he has not gotten a single power up that way

he meant that the girls got the power up, not issei

KnightShade
2018-03-10, 22:44
he meant that the girls got the power up, not issei

eh still wrong

Raptor178
2018-03-10, 23:05
Let me be your opponent, God of the sun. I am feeling a little tenacious today --- Zenovia Quarta

I see you have the sheath of Excalibur, Avalon? Well then, let us have some fun! --- The Greek God of the sun and Olympian Chieftain Successor, Apollon*

I am Michael-sama's Ace as well as the Knight of this team! I won't lose! --- Irina Shidou

We can't win in a fair fight. In that case...

Let me have my opponent, the sun god. Today I will be a little persistent. ――Xenovia Quarta

I see, you have the sheath of Excalibur? Well, let's have someone enjoy it. ――Olympus Chief God Apollon

I am the "Knight" of this team and Michael-san's Ace! I can't lose! ――Irina Shidou

You can't win in a decent fight. Then――.

Well it's pretty obvious that Xenovia gets a really huge boost to her abilities with the sheath of Excalibur, as it seems she can take on Apollon. However, it seems like Irina has some "unfair" technique to gain the upper hand. Was it said earlier that Irina has a new special move? Anyone know what it is?

Royalknightftw
2018-03-11, 00:02
Huh?
Tsubaki, Sona, Valerie, Seekvaira, etc dont have any romantical feelings for Issei, heck some of them may feel atractted to someone else other then Issei (something rare for harem series)

The only girl that i can think who gets power up by confession is Koneko and it still remains to be seen since vol 24 hasnt been translated yet.
Issei propossed to Rias, Akeno, and Asia and no power ups involved.
Issei got propossed by Xeno and Irina to increase their moral for their fight in vol 23 and no power up involved as well.

So yeah as you can see both issei and his harem do not power up by just confessing or propossing.

@raptor Irina designed her own technique back in dx 4 and that quoute about "unfair" is not for irina but for Asia since she is going to perform that pantsu stuff with fafnir to most likely distract her opponents

syzorst
2018-03-11, 03:01
Well it's pretty obvious that Xenovia gets a really huge boost to her abilities with the sheath of Excalibur, as it seems she can take on Apollon. However, it seems like Irina has some "unfair" technique to gain the upper hand. Was it said earlier that Irina has a new special move? Anyone know what it is?

Lol Xenovia taking on a God. If she actually beat a God on her own then that will be a little too ridiculous and a little unfair. I wonder what abilities Excalibur's sheath would grant.

Raptor178
2018-03-11, 03:07
Lol Xenovia taking on a God. If she actually beat a God on her own then that will be a little too ridiculous and a little unfair. I wonder what abilities Excalibur's sheath would grant.

I think it was discussed a lot earlier on this forum, but I think the sheath grants the wielder immortality, or some form of it. Quick Google searches reveal that Excalibur's scabbard has magical properties as well.

DragonOsman
2018-03-11, 05:11
Avalon, the sheath, is more powerful than the sword itself according to the original myths. And it doesn't just grant the wielder immortality, it's actually said to make him/her invincible. It's really OP.

And yeah, the "unfair" thing refers to Asia and Fafnir. One translation also says that since they can't win in a decent way, the only choice is to use an indecent method - which is where Fafnir and his obsession with Asia's panties come in.

@Toumakimijo: As Royalknight said, not all of the girls in the story have romantic feelings for Ise. Some of them are interested in other guys and Ise also knows and respects that which is why he doesn't try to do anything to them. You make it sound like you don't read the series. Grayfia is in his tournament team, but she won't join his peerage officially since Ise needs to do a trade with Sirzechs, which is something they won't do. And Grayfia loves Sirzechs and only sees Ise as her little brother. So that's why Ise x Grayfia is impossible. Saji loves Sona, and since Ise considers him a bro, he chooses not to lay a hand on Sona in deference to Saji. And Sona herself also doesn't see Ise that way. Remember this: the only girls in the harem, also including what we know from EX, are: Rias, Akeno, Asia, Xenovia, Irina, Le Fay, Koneko, Kuroka, Ravel, Kunou, Rossweisse and Elmenhilde.

Roygun I'm not sure about so I didn't mention her. Millarca is with Ouryuu and Tosca is probably with Kiba. Gabriel and Tiamat are unknowns, but Tiamat may be a possible inclusion. Mirana, Gabriel's Ace, is also a possible inclusion. Grayfia is married, so she's off-limits (and Ise also respects Sirzechs too much). And Riser also has his own harem, which is his own peerage. All of those girls are off-limits to Ise as well. So DxD already isn't a series where you can say that all named female characters are after the MC's dick. That's not the kind of series this is.

Lucidrago
2018-03-11, 11:47
I'm pretty sure that Xenovia and Irina are going to face Apollo together.

DragonOsman
2018-03-11, 12:06
Well, the preview doesn't really seem to mention who Irina's facing, so for now I guess it's possible.

aw454wtr
2018-03-11, 21:09
I kinda hope xenovia does beat appolo, high time a female character got to beat a major opponent

godz
2018-03-11, 21:16
I do not see how they intend to defeat Apollo, since I do not see it weaker than Loki, who was told in his time that if Issei and Vali could defeat him, they would have to use Juggernaut Drive or an anti-god weapon like the hammer.

Lord Kai
2018-03-12, 04:12
I do not see how they intend to defeat Apollo, since I do not see it weaker than Loki, who was told in his time that if Issei and Vali could defeat him, they would have to use Juggernaut Drive or an anti-god weapon like the hammer.

Xenovia is capable but it's hard to imagine her beating a god by herself. Even with Excalibur sheath I see nigh impossible. If anything the best I see is if she manage to her hold on.

B214
2018-03-12, 08:08
Maybe if she has the Dragonar there's a slight chance. But yeah i don't see Xenovia and Irina beating Apollo. Ise was struggling against Thanatos a volume ago and Ise is stronger than both Xenovia and Irina.

bodo
2018-03-12, 13:15
Rose-chan illustration sample :love:
https://www.gamers.co.jp/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/DD25.jpg

DragonOsman
2018-03-12, 13:18
We already have the version without the "Sample" mark. Look at CCP's Avatar for instance.

CCPDarkraiRules
2018-03-12, 13:28
Its the cover I that used for my Avatar. That illustration would be the no text version.

DragonOsman
2018-03-12, 13:32
Except that on at least has the DxD logo. With a "Sample" mark.

bodo
2018-03-12, 13:34
This is the whole illustration, look at the dress, the cover is a crop of this; they did the same thing in vol 23 and 24.