PDA

View Full Version : High School DxD [LN/M] - Slashdog 2 Discussion / Poll

Kairin
2018-02-25, 10:52
Welcome to the discussion thread for High School DxD [LN/M], Slashdog 2.

Thread Guidelines
Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
Spoilers or hints about future events (past Slashdog 2) must not be posted in this thread.
If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message (http://forums.animesuki.com/faq.php?faq=vb_board_usage#faq_vb_pm_explain), or seek out a more appropriate thread.
Discuss your expectations of the volume or arc if it has not yet been released.
Be polite to your fellow forum members.
Please try to keep the discussion on-topic.
Do not post multiple times in a row. Please edit your existing post if you wish to add additional thoughts.

Bennia Lover
2018-02-25, 11:45
The quotes for this hopefully won't be forgotten.

Crimson406
2018-02-25, 11:45
Ariel is doing it.

Bennia Lover
2018-02-25, 11:47
Alright I am glad

Ariel_Saeba
2018-02-25, 13:43
Here are the previews. I'm not so sure about the first lines by Lavinia, but the context is there.

FOUR YEARS AGO….

DxD

Everything is frozen, this icy world---

Tobio, you are just simply… a Terminator, a a God-Killing tool that can’t be caught.

HIGH SCHOOL DXD

SLASH/DOG

PART 2

“Toby, I can assure you that your body you used to live with is a special case distinct from that of Natsume and that… shark thing.

If you want to use it to learn something, which are your shadow blades… Toby differs in the fact that it stops regenerating…” --- The Gray Witch, Ice Princess Lavinia.*

“Alright.

If I win, you tell me all the information that I need.

No matter what that is!” --- The Wizard of Oz, Augusta of the Purple Flame

"I can’t lose to a “Gentle Person”!!

Therefore, I’ll show you!

My power!” --- (Little) White Dragon Emperor Vali Lucifer (He’s technically 12 at this point)

“You’re the Heretic Himejima!

Fine, my [Seiryuu/Azure Dragon] and your , we’ll see which one is superior in this fight!” --- [B]Kushihashi’s next clan head, Kushihashi Seiryuu

“It was decided that someone called Baraqiel would be called to teach all of you.

Pleased to meet you… Tobio Ikuse” --- Grigori Leader Baraqiel.

“Sigh, the places we are going to are extremely dangerous!

Well, we’re already boarding.

I just don’t want to do it!” --- Four Fiends, Samejima Kouki.

“My objective is to rescue all of the students from the false mauloseum!

After all, we have to rescue the other two of the Four Fiends!” --- Four Fiends, Natsume Minagawa

“My name is Himejima Suzaku.

Nice to meet you, Tobio.

I won’t mind if you refer to or call me as Suzaku.” --- The next Himejima clan head, Himejima Suzaku.

“I’m gathering the Three God-Killing Tools into one place….

But one was rushed recklessly in this important situation.

When I think about it… That makes it no less different than the other two.” --- Grigori Governor Azazel.

“I will also go.

I, want to be with everyone until the end…

Besides, I can be a bit useful to Tobio if possible” --- Toujou Sae

“She came and rescued me!

So, this time I will go rescue her.

Now, Jin.

Can you help me out by lending your power?” --- Dog God of the Black Blade, Tobio Ikuse.

That boy, struggled on the space between “grotesque” and “human”, thus had to take up his black blade to shed blood.

I was told that he has the blade that can kill anything.

But, I’m not sure he can save anyone.

At some point in time, you will not have the choice to choose from. Nonetheless, I am…----

Satanael took the lead of Grigori’s unit called “Team Abyss”

Team Abyss had one of the Three Sacred Treasures’ possessor, and they had to be careful in case of when they were in contact with the enemy.

Their abilities… could not be regained if lost.

Tobio’s group experience were still low, yet they joined a high-risk conflict

Meanwhile, 4 years ago, the Red Dragon Emperor Gauntlet within Hyoudou Issei awakened.

The Black Dog continues to pave the road of carnage.

Fujimi Fantasia Bunko

High School DxD Universe Slash/Dog
Part 2.
In stores March 20th.

Ariel_Saeba
2018-02-25, 17:30
Well, that was... something else.

Grigori, the Five Families, and the Magicians are in full force here...

Baraqiel training Tobio's group can be interpreted as him "atoning" for Shuri.

I wonder what the "Three Sacred Treasures" are that Azazel is talking about here.

Also, Vali's a bit older here, so we will see how he had grown (as well as his relationship with Lavinia) from the first volume.

And "Team Abyss" led by Satanael... Oh boy.

Bennia Lover
2018-02-25, 17:46
So at age 13, the Boosted Gear awakened in Issei. Wonder what triggered it and I wonder if Issei actually used it to protect himself but has no recollection of it. That would be interesting.

Lucidrago
2018-02-25, 18:00
The 'Three Sacred Treasures' refers to the three Longinus that are holy relics: True Longinus, Sephiroth Graal, and Incinerate Anthem.

And is Seiryu Kushihashi a boy or a girl?

Raptor178
2018-02-25, 20:49
So at age 13, the Boosted Gear awakened in Issei. Wonder what triggered it and I wonder if Issei actually used it to protect himself but has no recollection of it. That would be interesting.

Has there been anything in DxD to reference the Boosted Gear's awakening? The first story arc (Volumes 1 and 2) are called "The Red Dragon Emperor's Awakening" (by the wiki, at least). I never read those volumes, so there could be something there.
The only tidbits we have about Ise's childhood are from his parents and Irina, mostly.

Lucidrago
2018-02-25, 21:16
Maybe it awakened but Issei was too weak and pathetic to know it or even use the power. Still Issei's dragon aura was present which allowed the Grigori to locate him as they try to keep tabs on the Sacred Gear possessors, especially if they have a Longinus.

DragonOsman
2018-02-26, 06:37
@Raptor: What, you haven't read Volumes 1 and 2 of DxD? Why? And if there's something you're curious about, you should read them I think (just a suggestion).

@Lucidrago: Yeah, I agree. It's Ise before he even became a Devil and started training, so he's very weak.

But if the preview mentions that the Red Dragon Emperor had awakened, then I guess it's possible that Ise awakened the Boosted Gear without realizing it.

Anyway, yeah, I also want to see how the relationship between Lavinia and Vali is here. Siblings, or more than that?

It seems like Suzaku is already fine with Tobio. But the other big families' next heads are antagonistic towards him it seems. And we also got the name of the person who seems to be the possessor of Incinerate Anthem at the time, Augusta of the Purple Flame, Wizard of Oz.

Lucidrago
2018-02-26, 06:40
We've been known about Augusta. It's just now that we're learning she's the Wizard of Oz.

CCPDarkraiRules
2018-02-26, 07:45
I think Boosted Gear awakening in Issei is going to be something like "this kid has a sacred gear we don't know what it is but it could potentially become a threat to us so keep an eye on him if his sacred gear goes out of control kill him if necessary" with a possible cameo of Raynare similar to Kokabiel's cameo in Volume 1 of Slash/Dog.

shadowarc
2018-02-26, 08:09
Wait, is it referring to Ise awakening 4 years before Slash Dog or 4 years before the Main story? If it's the first one then that means it was when Vali was 8 so Ise would be a year or so younger. Maybe it was around the time Irina was still around and he protected her before both passed out?

Bennia Lover
2018-02-26, 10:45
It means 4 years before the main story.

Raptor178
2018-02-26, 11:38
@Raptor: What, you haven't read Volumes 1 and 2 of DxD? Why? And if there's something you're curious about, you should read them I think (just a suggestion).

I have just seen seasons 1 and 2 so many times, I felt it wasn't necessary to go back and reread Volumes 1-4, although I have read backtracked that for 4.

Lucidrago
2018-02-26, 12:19
It's very important. The anime always leaves out plenty of important details in the light novels. And they changed a few things. Not any major things that affect the plot like Season 3 did. Like Lord Gremory and Lord Phenex were the ones who were discussing the appearance of the Hakuryuukou at the end of Volume 2. But in the anime they changed it to Sirzechs and Grayfia.

Raptor178
2018-02-26, 12:36
It's very important. The anime always leaves out plenty of important details in the light novels. And they changed a few things. Not any major things that affect the plot like Season 3 did. Like Lord Gremory and Lord Phenex were the ones who were discussing the appearance of the Hakuryuukou at the end of Volume 2. But in the anime they changed it to Sirzechs and Grayfia.

I know about that, yes. I'm content as it is, to be honest. There are more examples, like in Volume 4, the order of scenes are changed, like the pool scene and Sirzechs coming to the ORC clubroom, but overall they're pretty much the same.
I'll probably read them sooner or later.

DragonOsman
2018-02-26, 13:45
Wait, is it referring to Ise awakening 4 years before Slash Dog or 4 years before the Main story? If it's the first one then that means it was when Vali was 8 so Ise would be a year or so younger. Maybe it was around the time Irina was still around and he protected her before both passed out?

As Bennia Lover said, it's 4 years before the main story. This Volume itself is probably set 4 years prior to the events of the main story.

@Bennia Lover: I'm still not clear on the age difference between Vali and Ise, and who the younger one is. I guess I forgot about it. But if Vali is older than Ise and he's 12 years old in Slash Dog, shouldn't Ise be 11? Or is Ise a year older and was 13 at this time, when the Boosted Gear first awakened?

Also, if it was around this time that the Boosted Gear awakened in him, I really want to know what triggered it. My guess is that he unconsciously awakened and then passed out afterwards, without knowing what he just did. He probably doesn't even remember doing it.

@CCP: Yeah, Raynare did say that they'd been watching Ise because he'd been marked as someone with a Sacred Gear that made him a potential threat to Grigori (the name of the organization wasn't given at the time, but yeah). Raynare turned out to be incompetent, though, since she didn't realize that Ise had the Boosted Gear, and she was late in realizing it even after the mark of the red dragon appeared on it. She thought it was Twice Critical. Rias had to tell her that it's the Boosted Gear.

@Raptor: IIRC, the part from before Ise was brought to the ORC by Kiba is also slightly different in the anime. The part where he was attacked by a fallen angel at night. I'll go and read it again to refresh my memory just in case. Then I'll come back here and say what happened in the LN there. But if I recall correctly, in the LN, the number of attacks was one.

Edit:
Ise was attacked by a fallen angel only once as a devil before he found out about the Occult Research Club. Donaseek found him and attacked him once. Rias saved him then. He found himself sleeping naked with her the next morning and it turns out she shared her aura with him in the nude to heal him. Then later, Kiba comes to his class and takes him to the club room. Done. No more fallen angel attacks at night.

Lucidrago
2018-02-26, 17:24
Yeah Kalawarner and Mittelt never made an appearance in the light novels. They were just mentioned by Raynare after Rias showed her their feathers after Rias had killed him.

And the way Raynare appeared at first is her appearance. She never had an oldet, sexy form as her default appearance. The young teenage girl(A.K.A. 'shitty discount' Akeno) was her default appearance.

And Issei should be 18 at the current moment. So he should be 14 in Slash Dog. And Irina left long before that. Like she moved to England like 10 years before the main story or something like that.

Again Issei was too weak and pathetic to assess any power. Maybe it awakened but due to Issei being so weak and pathetic it was very faint but it was there.

Crimson406
2018-02-26, 17:31
Issei was 17 when DxD started and at the current timeline, a year has passed he’s 18. So I say he was 13 in Slashdog.

Bennia Lover
2018-02-26, 17:38
13 yep since in DxD, Tobio is 22 so the age difference between him and Issei is 4 years and in SLASHDOG, Tobio is in his second year of high school meaning he is 17 so Issei would be 13.

Lucidrago
2018-02-27, 01:39
Again I ask if Seiryu Kushihashi is male or female.

So now we are aware of all the heirs/heads of the Five Principal Clans besides Doumon. We know of the current Ouryuu in the main story. And his predecessor is supposed to appear in Slash Dog. We know of Suzaku. We know of Byakko Shinra and how he's Kiyotora's niece/nephew and the current head of the Shinra clan. He might make his appearance in Slash Dog. So all of them should be making their appearance I expect. And the other two members of the Four Fiends should be appearing.

Ariel_Saeba
2018-02-27, 01:41
Yep, Augusta had appeared in Volume 1, in which her role was to stall Tobio's company (Lavinia in particular).

As of Vali's age, Volume 1 showed him in his 7-year old form, and considering that Volume 1 was set 10 years before DxD (unless Ishibumi retconned it, which is a bit likely considering that Slash/Dog is now officially merged into DxD), he is either 12 or 13 and most probably only younger than Issei by a few months at most.

PS. Among the Five Clans successors, only Seiryuu and (unless Ishibumi wrote otherwise) Byakko are hostile towards Tobio because they considered him as "heretic" that is, a member of the Five Clans with a very peculiar talent (read: Sacred Gear/Longinus). Even then, their animosity towards our Slash/Dog mostly stemmed from their fear of Tobio's potential that may threaten their existence. Seiryuu would probably consider him a rival at best. No word on the previous Ouryuu though (as we know, the current Ouryuu in present DxD time is basically "loyal" to Issei, so we can assume that his predecessor will take the "neutral" route).

Ariel_Saeba
2018-02-27, 01:53
@Lucidrago He is male, as described in Vol. 1's end

Raising a cry, there was a boy in spectacles who appeared to be about the same age as her. Possessing long slender limbs, he was a handsome boy. The strange aura surrounding his body was equivalent to that of Suzaku’s, or perhaps even…….

“What’s your business here, Seiryuu-chan of the Kushihashi family?”

Suzaku inquired as such. The boy——Kushihashi Seiryuu shrugged.

Ariel_Saeba
2018-02-27, 02:20
Btw, the three "God-Killing Tool" mentioned by Azazel was written using the same kanji as the Japanese Imperial Regalia. Make that of what you will

DragonOsman
2018-02-27, 09:06
So we can assume that in DxD, the Three Imperial Regalia of Japan are Longinus? Interesting. Thanks for the tidbit.

As for the time line. So Ishibumi possibly changed it from being 10 years prior to the main story to to 4 years? And I think it's 4 years prior to the start of the main story, hence Ise being 13 in SlashDog (although he's only mentioned but never shown, most likely).

Anyway, I do want to see if the Ouryuu in SlashDog is neutral or if he's hostile to Tobio. Hopefully he isn't completely hostile. I do also wonder about Seiryuu.

@Ariel: You do know that making consecutive posts one after the other isn't a good idea on forums? Just edit your original post, please. Before a Mod sees you.

Lucidrago
2018-02-27, 09:25
Thanks, Ariel. Sorry I've only read half of Slash Dog Part 1 so far. I started reading it but stopped quite some months ago.

Sekiryuu12
2018-02-27, 09:25
So we can assume that in DxD, the Three Imperial Regalia of Japan are Longinus?

You mean Longinus-class right...?

DragonOsman
2018-02-27, 09:28
What's the difference? If it's a Longinus-class Sacred Gear, it's most likely a Longinus (if it's a Sacred Gear). Though we do need confirmation. A Sacred Gear like Gasper's one is an exception, but that one as well is evolving into a Longinus.

Lucidrago
2018-02-27, 09:36
You do have to consider one of the three Sacred Treasures of Japan(Japanese Imperial Regalia) is the holy sword(not going to bother saying it) that Yaegaki used in Volume 18. So it might be that the kanji might be the same for god-killing tools and Sacred Treasures. Hence the confusion. Because the Longinus are the only god-killing weapons that can be wielded by humans as far as I'm concerned.

DragonOsman
2018-02-27, 11:09
Yeah, that's true. My bad there.

I'm not sure, but maybe the Jewel or the Mirror might be a Sacred Gear. Just wondering. The Sword is already a confirmed Holy Sword, though (Kusanagi no Tsurugi, aka Ame no Murakumo no Tsurugi).

But I guess they can't be Longinus anyway; Telos Karma and Innovate Clear are the only ones left, and neither of them sounds like it be from Japanese Mythology.

Le Fay
2018-02-27, 18:25
Well, I've corrected some of the spoilers.

High School DxD…4 years ago

Icy world, where everything is frozen…
Tobi, I wish that at least you…won’t be consumed by Longinus.

SLASHDリG
Chapter.2
Tobi, the thing that dwells within you is different from those Natsume and Shark possess.
If you don’t learn how to use it, eventually, the blade of darkness…will turn you into something different.
[Grau Zauberer]: Ice Princess Lavinia

Fine.
If you can defeat me, I’ll tell you the information that you seek.
Whatever it may be!
[Wizzards of Oz]: Augusta of the Purple flame

I can’t lose a “gentle person”!
Which is why I’ll show you!
My power!
[Hakuryuukou] Vali Lucifer

So you are the Himejima’s heresy!
Very well, let’s see who is stronger, my “Seiryuu” or this “Black Dog” of yours.
Next head of Kushihashi family, Kushihashi Seiryuu

Name is Baraqiel, I will be teaching you lot.
I’m counting on you.
…Ikuse Tobio.
Grigori’s management, Baraqiel

Geez, so we are heading towards a place full of extreme dangers!
Well, backing down is not an option now.
We have no choice but to do it!
Four Fiends, Samejima Kouki

My goal is to save every student of Ryouko!
Even remaining two of Four Fiends!
Four Fiends, Minagawa Natsume

I am Himejima Suzaku.
Nice to meet you, Tobio.
You can just call me Suzaku, I don’t mind.
Next head of Himejima family, Himejima Suzaku

Three Longinus are gathering under my command…
Even if only one of them goes out of control, it will be extremely dangerous.
And if it’s two or more… Don’t even want to think about it.
Grigori’s Governor, Azazel

I will go with you.
Because I want to be together with everyone until the very end.
And if I can help Tobio even a little…
Toujou Sae

She saved me!
That’s why it is my turn to save her.
Hey, Jin.
Will you lend me power?
[Inugami of the Black Blade], Ikuse Tobio

This boy…will struggle between “abnormality” and “humanity” and will take in his hand a black blade smeared with blood.

I was told to possess a blade that can cut through everything.
However, I definitely won't be able to save everyone.
Sooner or later, there certainly will be a time when I'll have to make a choice.
But even so, I…

Satanael is accompanied by a Grigori’s squad called ォAbyss Teamサ.
Be careful in case of a fight with Sacred Gear possessors from their ranks.
They have a lot of abilities…you won't be able to recover from after being hit.

Inexperienced Tobio and his comrades throw themselves into a dangerous battle.

4 years before Hyodou Issei would awaken Sekiryuutei's gauntlet.
Black Dog continues to walk down the path of carnage.
Ikuse Tobio was destined to have to choose a person to protect.

P.S. English is not my native, so sorry if there are any mistakes

Ariel_Saeba
2018-02-27, 18:39
@Osman One of Japan's Imperial Regalia was the Holy Sword Kusanagi, and considering that we already know that it can kill a Dragon King (read Volume 18 again) it's Excalibur-tier in terms of its power.

@Le Fay thanks. I worked it in a hurry, and my Japanese grammar sucks.

Also, I do think Azazel refers the Three Sacred Treasures as something else, but then again, it's still a bit ambiguous so I'd leave it as it is until the volume is released.

shadowarc
2018-02-27, 18:45
"4 years before Hyodou Issei would awaken Sekiryuutei's gauntlet."

Oh, looking at this translation it means that this is 4 years before the start of DxD when Ise becomes a devil and awakens his sacred gear. Not that Ise awakened it 4 years before the start of the story.

Le Fay
2018-02-27, 18:52
@Osman One of Japan's Imperial Regalia was the Holy Sword Kusanagi, and considering that we already know that it can kill a Dragon King (read Volume 18 again) it's Excalibur-tier in terms of its power.

@Le Fay thanks. I worked it in a hurry, and my Japanese grammar sucks.

Also, I do think Azazel refers the Three Sacred Treasures as something else, but then again, it's still a bit ambiguous so I'd leave it as it is until the volume is released.

Nope, the kanjis used are 神滅具. Those are the kanjis that stand for "Longinus" in DxD series. Ishibumi just doesn't use furigana in his blog. It's really unlikely that he will use the same kanjis for something different. Most likely, Azazel just refers to the Longinus of Lavinia, Vali and Tobio.

Bennia Lover
2018-02-27, 19:07
@Le Fay I would you like you to join my Discord (DxD one dw)
https://discord.gg/QR6urH

Ariel_Saeba
2018-02-27, 19:11
Ah yeah. That explains why there are no katakana parentheses (at least). Again, I need to get back to the swing of things. Job hunting sucks.

Btw, if my memory serves me well, Azazel was aware of all the Thirteen Longinuses before the present DxD but not of the wielders right? He did miscalculate Issei as having Twice Critical instead of Boosted Gear after all.

B214
2018-02-27, 19:47
I think Azazel speculated Ise has the BG. He just didn't expect Raynare to have her own plans.

Ariel_Saeba
2018-02-27, 19:59
That, or he only detected Issei having similar aura to a Twice Critical user and gave Raynare that exact same info.

On a different note, the preview mentions of "Team Abyss" led by Satanael. When I read it again, I presume it's either a completely new Grigori team with Tobio as its center or an old task force going as far as the Great War. Though given that it was not mentioned at all in DxD, I tend to gravitate to the former.

Lucidrago
2018-02-27, 20:52
Well DxD doesn't really go into everything so the latter could be true as well.

DragonOsman
2018-02-28, 05:23
That, or he only detected Issei having similar aura to a Twice Critical user and gave Raynare that exact same info.

On a different note, the preview mentions of "Team Abyss" led by Satanael. When I read it again, I presume it's either a completely new Grigori team with Tobio as its center or an old task force going as far as the Great War. Though given that it was not mentioned at all in DxD, I tend to gravitate to the former.

Rather than Azazel not realizing it, I think it's likelier that Raynare was just incompetent. And she was also acting on her own outside of Azazel's plans, just to gain favor with him. And it did seem like Raynare was the one who thought it was Twice Critical when she first saw it. At that time it didn't have the mark of the red dragon on it, so you can't probably can't blame her. But when Ise used its power to defeat her, that mark had already appeared. Rias saw it and understood why Ise won. When she told Raynare about it, Raynare was completely surprised. So she either didn't see the mark of the red dragon on it, or she didn't realize what it means even after seeing it.

The reason I think Raynare was the one who, herself, thought it was Twice Critical when she saw it is because the information she was given from the higher-ups of Grigori was about Ise having a potentially dangerous Sacred Gear that might even be a Longinus. Twice Critical is not a Longinus, so the fact that that warning was given out means that Azazel was thinking it's a Longinus, and that it's possibly the Boosted Gear.

@Lucidrago: Yeah, it's possible. Let's wait and see for now.

Azazel might have detected aura similar to a Twice Critical user when Ise first activated his Sacred Gear and Raynare could've heard that at that point. Which could be why she was convinced it's Twice Critical. But Azazel at first may already have guessed that it might be the Boosted Gear. And Raynare didn't realize it at all even when she saw what it can do and she may even have seen the mark appear on it. So even if the information she got regarding the aura signature was misleading, she herself was also incompetent.

Did we read about whether or not Azazel was sure from the beginning that Ise has the Boosted Gear? I don't remember.

Anyway, yeah, Azazel was probably talking about Lavinia, Tobio and Vali's Sacred Gears when talking about "God-killing Tools", since the kanji is the same as those used for "Longinus". That makes sense. And it also makes more sense for the preview to be saying that Ise awakened the Boosted Gear 4 years after the events of this Volume.

Le Fay
2018-02-28, 06:02
Given that Satanael's betrayed Grigori, "Abyss Team" is another traitorous group, and, probably, someone from Grigori (maybe Azazel?) warns Tobio and the others about their danger.

DragonOsman
2018-02-28, 06:35
I don't remember that. When did that happen? If it was in Slash/Dog, I might really need to reread it.

Le Fay
2018-02-28, 07:25
Well, yeah. Haven't read a web novel, so can't say if it was mentioned there or not, but it was clearly stated in the light novel-version.

Lucidrago
2018-02-28, 09:05
There was nothing indicating that Azazel thought it was Twice Critical. Azazel didn't appear in the series until Volume 4. Raynare was the one who thought it was Twice Critical upon seeing it. Nothing indicated she knew of what Sacred Gear Issei had when she killed him.

My guess is that Azazel had a hunch that Issei had a potentially dangerous and powerful Sacred Gear, maybe even a Longinus. And he sent Raynare to monitor Issei and he left what to do with Issei at Raynare's discretion.

Nothing indicated in Volume 4 that he didn't want Raynare to kill Issei. Nothing indicated that he wanted Raynare to kill Issei. He just commented about how dangerous Sacred Gear possessors were a threat. We might not want to believe that Azazel would sanction such a thing but this is the guy who hired Freed.

And remember that Raynare monitoring Issei and the Asia incident were two separate things.

DragonOsman
2018-02-28, 09:44
I know Azazel wanting or not wanting Ise killed isn't known. He was having him monitored, so if Ise had been killed because his Sacred Gear was deemed as dangerous, Azazel probably would've been fine with that. Because he'd just think of it as a potential threat having been snipped at the bud. Though I remember Raynare saying she was allowed to kill him for having a potentially dangerous Sacred Gear. Wouldn't that mean Azazel said to kill him if she felt the need to?

godz
2018-02-28, 10:49
a question, where satanael comes out and what were its characteristics ?. well I do not remember having read that name in the first slash dog

Ariel_Saeba
2018-02-28, 11:02
Ah, I think I've read about Satanael's line in the WN as well but not as clear as in the LN version (I think), so it's more to the latter with a twist (an old task force turning rogue).

Either Azazel or Baraqiel warned them, considering that the latter would train Tobio's group.

Here are the lines from the WN:

Lavinia continued.

“I——Grau Zauberer along with the Gigori have been pursuing magicians who had infiltrated from the magical domain known as ‘Oz’——they were collaborating with a traitor within the Grigori, leader class fallen angel ‘Satanael’.”

Oz——,

Moreover a traitor within the Grigori——‘Satanael’.

While also being concerned about the movements of the remaining fellow students who were among the ‘Four Fiends’, also approaching Tobio and company was an otherworldly visitor they had not been expecting.

Thus begins, in the midst of the three way conflict between the ‘Grigori[55]’ who pursue Sacred Gears, the ‘Five Principal Clans’ who govern the Four Divine Beasts and the Ouryuu[56], and the ‘Wizards of Oz’ who had won over leader-class fallen angel Satanael, becoming the blade of the gang of the black wings, the story of the ‘Dog’ that slays an endless variety of supernatural powers.

This was the person, the one who would later become known as ‘Slashdog’——

DragonOsman
2018-02-28, 11:06
I've only read the WN for Slash Dog. If I want to read the LN for Volume 1, where should I look for it?

CCPDarkraiRules
2018-02-28, 11:12
JeruTz who translated the web novel is updating the translation to the light novel so check his site.

Ariel_Saeba
2018-02-28, 11:17
jeruTz's doing the WN-LN conversion (or rather, comparison. Not that much difference I say, he said that in the first few parts the noticable changes are just streamlined narrative and omission of some points from the WN, such as the mention of Tobio's parents).

One thing for pre-DxD Azazel though: I think that he at first wanted to take the neutral stance and see where Issei would go (Raynare scandal made that moot) Considering that later on he basically did something with Issei like what he had done with Vali, he later took a more drastic steps and decided to interfere personally.

DragonOsman
2018-02-28, 11:24
So you're saying he possibly doesn't endorse what Raynare did? Even though he may have been fine if Ise had been killed for being deemed dangerous? Did I understand correctly?

But yeah, him disguising himself as one of Ise's clients to get close to him may also have been him trying to make amends for Raynare's actions. Not saying he wouldn't kill Ise if he thought he's dangerous. Just wondering.

Ariel_Saeba
2018-02-28, 11:47
Azazel did give his remorse to Issei later on, seeing that he only sent Raynare to investigate and probably talk Issei out to join the Grigori, and killing was out of his initial plan (again, as we see with Lavinia, Tobio and Vali, man's got a point to not kill Longinus possessors unless they have malicious intents like Augusta, later Walburga, even then, the latter's Holy Cross only got stripped and later given to Lint). It's not like he's out to kill, seeing that finding the next possessor/wielder after killing the current one is a pain in a cow's arse.

Le Fay
2018-02-28, 12:11
jeruTz's doing the WN-LN conversion (or rather, comparison. Not that much difference I say, he said that in the first few parts the noticable changes are just streamlined narrative and omission of some points from the WN, such as the mention of Tobio's parents).

At least, there is an extra chapter in the LN-version about Freed and his teacher (but it's an awfully short one), and a slight addition to the epilogue chapter about Tobio and the others transferring to "Nephilim" (the illustration with Natsume posing in something resembling a school uniform is from this part).

Lucidrago
2018-02-28, 12:38
But you would have to realize that Issei is one of the Two Heavenly Dragons. Azazel bringing him into the organization with Vali in it could bring about a disaster.

And plus he wasn't sure what Sacred Gear Issei had. So bringing a Sacred Gear possessor into his organization who might not be worth it in the long run would be stupid.

godz
2018-02-28, 13:01
Ah, I think I've read about Satanael's line in the WN as well but not as clear as in the LN version (I think), so it's more to the latter with a twist (an old task force turning rogue).

Either Azazel or Baraqiel warned them, considering that the latter would train Tobio's group.

Here are the lines from the WN:

Lavinia continued.

的覧Grau Zauberer along with the Gigori have been pursuing magicians who had infiltrated from the magical domain known as 前z苧葉hey were collaborating with a traitor within the Grigori, leader class fallen angel 全atanael.

Oz覧,

Moreover a traitor within the Grigori覧全atanael.

While also being concerned about the movements of the remaining fellow students who were among the 詮our Fiends, also approaching Tobio and company was an otherworldly visitor they had not been expecting.

Thus begins, in the midst of the three way conflict between the 賎rigori[55] who pursue Sacred Gears, the 詮ive Principal Clans who govern the Four Divine Beasts and the Ouryuu[56], and the 糎izards of Oz who had won over leader-class fallen angel Satanael, becoming the blade of the gang of the black wings, the story of the 船og that slays an endless variety of supernatural powers.

This was the person, the one who would later become known as 全lashdog苧

Oh, apparently Kokabiel was not the only leader against the orders of Azazel.
not to mention that some grigori books put satanael in the same leagues as azazel and shemhazai.
satanael will remain alive or at liberty in the current time ?, for my part I hope that if it would be good to have a fallen powerful antagonist for the end.

Ariel_Saeba
2018-02-28, 13:06
@Le Fay, yeah, the Freed extra is only in the LN.

Hmm, a convenient plot point. I guess Nephilim is basically a Grigori-founded academy for future fallen angels ("Nephilim" is the name given to descendants of the Grigori/Watchers with their human mate/spouse, at least in the book of Enoch. Akeno is a prime example in DxD).

@Lucidrago From what I can get, before DxD, Azazel had predicted that Issei's Sacred Gear could develop to a certain level of power. Yet, he was not exactly sure if it's on the level of Longinus, at least initially, hence him sending Raynare and not a leader-class like Baraqiel or Shariel to check. And Azazel being Azazel, he may have already figured out Issei's external personality and not really consider him as a major threat, again this was before the Boosted Gear being included in of the equation.

PS. @godz Kokabiel was only out there because Azazel basically dotted him out and being forced to work in a peaceful condition, which he did not accept that much.

Le Fay
2018-02-28, 13:17
It was said that "Nephilim" is Grigori's facility for SC possessors.

Ariel_Saeba
2018-02-28, 14:21
ah, now we're getting somewhere. Seems similar to the one Issei and Gasper visited in one of the Volume 13 SS.

DragonOsman
2018-02-28, 15:11
@Lucidrago: I agree with Ariel on this one. Azazel may not have figured out yet that Ise has a Longinus, but he could still have noticed from his personality (if he'd heard about how he is) that he isn't a threat. As far as having both of the Two Heavenly Dragons in the same organization goes, once he realized that that's what he'd done, I'm sure Azazel would be able to get it under control. Also, if Ise had been under Azazel's wing from earlier, he'd have been closer to mastering the Boosted Gear than he is now. He might even have already become strong enough to bring out Ddraig's full power.

And of course, since Azazel couldn't have known yet that Ise is the Sekiryuutei, he wouldn't know to include that in his plans. So in other words, he wouldn't know he's putting both of the Two Heavenly Dragons in the same organization. Not at least until he realized that Ise has the Boosted Gear. And as Ise and Vali are now, there's no problem even if they're together in the same place.

Anyway, yeah, interesting info about Nephilim. Thanks for the info, guys.

Crimson406
2018-02-28, 16:31
Slashdog Volume 2 Cover.

https://imgur.com/a/rctyY

DragonOsman
2018-02-28, 16:43
Thanks for posting that.

Lavinia looks sad about something. I wonder what's happening in that scene. And what's she holding there? But damn, her breasts are huge.

Lucidrago
2018-02-28, 17:55
She's sad that Tobio didn't want to sleep with her. And Vali's pissed that she asked Tobio to sleep with her. :heh:

DragonOsman
2018-02-28, 18:17
Ishibumi tweeted about the cover. Hopefully someone post the translation here.

Le Fay
2018-02-28, 18:47
If it's about his tweet with pictures, then it's something like "These are front covers for High School DxD 25 and Datten no Inugami Slash/Dog. This time it's Rossweisse's and Lavinia's turns, so front covers illustrate each of them respectively. Silver and blond haired onee-sans. They will go on sale simultaneously March 20. May edition of Dragon magazine will be on sale the same day and will feature DxD cover, special large article and shrot story (about Hero Faction's rebirth).

Bennia Lover
2018-02-28, 19:24
oh that large article must definitely be about the anime

godz
2018-02-28, 19:34
the birth of hero faction is something that I would like to read, what of the anime I am only interested in how they will animate the combat style of true longinus.

Akasaki Rin
2018-03-01, 01:43
Am I the only one that thinks that Lavinia is ridiculously beautiful or .. ?
From the cover , it looks like her breasts are about as big as Akeno's too

DragonOsman
2018-03-01, 05:05
Yeah, Lavinia's breasts are huge. And I like her.

@Le Fay: I was talking about the one where Ishibumi said that Vali and Tobio will fight together for Lavinia.

Akasaki Rin
2018-03-01, 05:59
Vali will fight Tobio for Lavinia ?
Was that a tweet from Isibumi ?

Le Fay
2018-03-01, 06:20
Yeah, Lavinia's breasts are huge. And I like her.

@Le Fay: I was talking about the one where Ishibumi said that Vali and Tobio will fight together for Lavinia.

Strange, I only saw a tweet about Vali being another character for front cover. Could you link or post it, please?

DragonOsman
2018-03-01, 06:42
We talked about the tweet in the DxD Universe Discord server, didn't we? Vergil_Lucifer666's comment where he said:
Title: Spoilers

"Finally published spoilers for Volume 25 of DxD and Volume 2 of Slash Dog. This time is a bit poor. It because... no matter what I write it could be spoiler Volume 25 too much.

Volume 25 is dedicated to Rossweisse. Volume 2 of Slash Dog is to Lavinia. March will turn out to be the month of older sisters. Rossweisse lovers should remain satisfied. In DxD you can expect hot developments of plot until the offer of the hand and heart. In Slash Dog, Tobio and Va-kun would tear their asses for beautiful Lavinia.

And of course, "tearing their asses" wasn't in the tweet but is just a metaphor used in the translation.

@Akasaki Rin: Nope, sorry. That's not what it means. It just means Tobio and Vali will be on the same side fighting for Lavinia's sake.

Bennia Lover
2018-03-01, 07:38
@Le Fay is not in the DxD Universe Discord server

DragonOsman
2018-03-01, 07:39
Oh, okay. My bad, then.

Le Fay
2018-03-01, 07:58
What's the DxD Universe discord?

DragonOsman
2018-03-01, 09:40
It's a Discord server, of course. About the DxD Universe.

Bennia Lover
2018-03-13, 00:11
https://www.gamers.co.jp/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/datenno2.jpg
I think this is Natsume but unsure but anyway -- sample image. SLASHDOG is more ecchi now. I mean look at dat ass! Those thighs! Those breasts! Those curves! :love:

Lucidrago
2018-03-13, 01:40
Yeah I believe that's Natsume.

DragonOsman
2018-03-13, 05:02
I guess they had to make it more ecchi to be able to sell better. But yeah, that's Natsume. Brown hair, right? The illustration is hot.

Bennia Lover
2018-03-13, 07:42
No it's actually Sae Toujou. Natsume's hair is light brown and short, not dark brown and long as seen in this illustration:
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/316309186944172032/423098106146717706/Natsume_and_Kouki_SLASHDOG.jpg
Also the fringe and face are like Sae's. So now we know Sae's hair colour.

DragonOsman
2018-03-13, 07:57
The color is Sae's, but you're wrong about the length. Look carefully at he illustration. Natsume just keeps her hair tied at the back.

This is confusing. Is it Natsume, or is it Sae?

Gaizafaiz
2018-03-13, 08:08
@Bennia Lover There's one illustration in Volume 1 where it shows that Natsume has long hair. I think it was the bath scene. IIRC.

DragonOsman
2018-03-13, 08:13
Yeah, that too. But like said, in the illustration Bennia Lover showed as well, you can tell that her hair is tied at the back. So you can already guess from that that she might have long hair.

Bennia Lover
2018-03-13, 10:46
Nevermind it's Natsume.

Lucidrago
2018-03-13, 10:55
Natsume does kind of look like Irina now that you mention it.

B214
2018-03-13, 17:51
Well it's either Sae or Natsume (or someone new). Place your bets now.

Lucidrago
2018-03-13, 22:47
Whoever it is deserves to be in Issei's harem! :heh:

Hope I didn't start anything.

Again love the male designs. Samejima looks badass. I really can't say that about most of the male illustrations in DxD. Issei's in particular.

DragonOsman
2018-03-14, 07:10
Natsume and Sae should be with Tobio. Maybe Lavinia, too, if she doesn't hook up with Vali. But yeah, either way, Tobio x Sae already feels like it's a given at this point I think. [I'm just saying; I don't want to start a pairings debate here either.]

Le Fay
2018-03-14, 10:08
Well, Natsume herself stated that Tobio is a nice catch, though in his case harem looks a bit odd.

DragonOsman
2018-03-14, 11:14
Well, the potential for a harem is there for him. But at the very least, Sae.

DragonIsseiHyodoFan
2018-03-14, 11:51
I don't see Tobio like a harem protagonist. But I agree Tobio x Sae is a given.

DragonOsman
2018-03-14, 17:13
It may have been an accident (and it was also said that she does to anyone, regardless of who and whether male or female), but Lavinia snuck into Tobio's bed while he was sleeping. And it seems like Natsume might really be developing feelings for him. So even if he doesn't get a three-girl harem of his own (Natsume, Sae and Lavinia), he does still have the potential for it. Lavinia may not be completely serious (to be honest, I'm not sure), but the other two? There's some potential there.

Crimson406
2018-03-14, 17:27
It may have been an accident (and it was also said that she does to anyone, regardless of who and whether male or female), but Lavinia snuck into Tobio's bed while he was sleeping.

Lavinia may have been sleep walking. :heh:

CCPDarkraiRules
2018-03-14, 17:47
I argee that Tobio x Sae is a given.

Tobio x Natsume I could see her fall for Tobio at some point.

Tobio x Lavinia is very vague the sleepwalking into Tobio does seem to be an accident but whats not is Lavinia inviting Tobio to join her and Natsume in a bath/shower without any shame at all. I could see her fall for him but at the same time I could her not fall for him.

DragonOsman
2018-03-15, 06:27
^This. Completely agree. And I've heard that three girls is already a harem, so even if Tobio doesn't get a True Harem situation, he'll still be a harem MC if Lavinia and Natsume fell in love with him.

aw454wtr
2018-03-15, 20:28
As long as it does not end up like SAO "harem" where asuna is the only chosen one and the rejected girls continue to hover over kirito as if there are no other males in SAO

Lucidrago
2018-03-15, 23:39
SAO was never a harem in the first place. Any series where modern society's values and standards are put in place, it isn't going to be a harem.

High School DxD is different as Issei actually wants a harem. And having a harem is allowed and accepted in the Underworld.

Gaizafaiz
2018-03-16, 00:09
It is kinda a harem series though. Kirito surrounded by many females kinda fits the harem description.

KnightShade
2018-03-16, 00:50
Please take that debate to the SAO sub.

Tobio has to have a harem, He’s a dxd protag lol

DragonOsman
2018-03-16, 03:42
Yeah, talk about SAO in the SAO thread.

@kidstandout: I'm not sure about "has to have a harem", but I do at least think it's possible.

Let's wait and see if Lavinia and Natsume fall for him and whether or not he accepts their feelings along with Sae's. If all of that turns out to be a "yes", then it'll be a True Harem.

aw454wtr
2018-03-16, 04:45

Tobio has to have a harem, He痴 a dxd protag lol

The question is will he choose one and leave the rest or be like Issei and choose them all

And will the other girls be willing to share like Issei's harem?

DragonOsman
2018-03-16, 06:24
Yeah. Those are also things we need to find out.

DragonIsseiHyodoFan
2018-03-16, 08:45

Tobio has to have a harem, He’s a dxd protag lol

Just because Tobio is a DxD protagonist doesn't mean that he should have a harem. I mean if he wants one cool but Tobio doesn't seems like he would want one the way Issei wants a harem.

Gaizafaiz
2018-03-16, 08:51
I just realised this. Kiba is Tobio if he was a DxD protagonist. He can cook, he has good manners and he also wields a sword. So Kiba's personality is basically the same as Tobio. :heh:

Bennia Lover
2018-03-16, 10:27
That Natsume or Sae image right, is actually the original cover. So it was the cover before it changed into the cover of Vali & Lavinia.

Le Fay
2018-03-16, 11:12
So we won't know who it really is? But still, would have looked a bit strange as a cover.

Bennia Lover
2018-03-16, 11:15
https://twitter.com/ishibumi_ddd/status/974661993406672898
Actually Ishibumi confirmed it's Natsume. Also the left side version would have been the cover, not how it is as this sample image.

Gaizafaiz
2018-03-16, 11:26
https://twitter.com/ishibumi_ddd/status/974661993406672898
Actually Ishibumi confirmed it's Natsume. Also the left side version would have been the cover, not how it is as this sample image.

Kinda surprised that it was Natsume. I for sure thought it was Sae.

That also explains the companies label and the spine cover of the book.

thefreakmike
2018-03-16, 11:32
Anyone wanna make bets on whether SlashDog will be a harem or not?

Lucidrago
2018-03-16, 12:19
Well when I talk about Tobio having a harem, it's intended as a joke.

DragonOsman
2018-03-16, 12:31
When I say it, I'm thinking it could happen. Can't you tell there's at least a chance of it happening? Sae is a given, and Natsume looks like she's falling for him, so if Lavinia also falls in love with him and Natsume does as well, we at least have a harem series on our hands even if it's not a True Harem.

CCPDarkraiRules
2018-03-16, 12:42
Personally I hope whats going to happen is that Tobio is not really interested in having a harem but Sae is so she wants a harem for Tobio with her as the main girl.

DragonIsseiHyodoFan
2018-03-16, 13:46
Tobio having a harem would feel weird for a story like Slash/Dog. Natsume and Lavinia could just be his friends. Or else he would have told Issei that he had a harem as well when he shows up in Vol 21 or mentions it in Vol 24. It would be cool if he did...But we have to wait and see.

TatsuyaGod
2018-03-16, 16:26
Its part of DxD timeline so it isnt out of the question that Tobio will have a harem but i would like it if Lavinia ends up with Vali. She seems to be the only women that Vali has additional interactions with. I know she reminds him of his Mother but still thats what i hope. Also Tobio doesnt seem like the type of guy who would have a harem.

CCPDarkraiRules
2018-03-16, 16:53
I can't ship Vali and Lavinia because I see their relationship more as brother and sister. I feel Lavinia is more likely to fall for Tobio than Vali.

DragonOsman
2018-03-16, 17:40
@DragonIsseiHyodoFan: You're right, they indeed can just be his friends. But the possibility is still there. As for Tobio telling Ise, maybe he hasn't found a compelling enough reason to do so yet? It could just be that it didn't happen so there's nothing to tell about, but yeah. Though if he had told him, it'd have been a spoiler for SlashDog. There's also that. Which is probably why there's also nothing about his relationship with Sae, either.

DragonIsseiHyodoFan
2018-03-16, 19:32
@DragonOsman I get that it would be a spoiler for Slash/Dog That is why the Vali/Lavinia stuff is so vague itself. All we know about their relationship that she likes to tease him and she is the only girl he may have a fear towards.

Lucidrago
2018-03-18, 23:13
I'm still wondering what the previous 'Ouryuu' did to cause trouble with Tobio and Vali.(insert humorous reply from B214)

B214
2018-03-18, 23:29
Maybe the poor guy thought he could be the first successful ntr of the DxD universe only to fail miserably. End up castrated himself and hasn't been seen since after making preparations for his transgender surgery.

sparhawk1610
2018-03-19, 10:22
https://imgur.com/a/FDbUF vol 2 illus

Gaizafaiz
2018-03-19, 10:28
If I was on a PC right now, I would have already make a comment on every single pics. But sadly. :T_T:

Anyways, thx for the pics.

thefreakmike
2018-03-19, 10:30
Sees the last pic

[HAREM INTENSIFIES]

Ariel_Saeba
2018-03-19, 10:43
ships confirmed

Akasaki Rin
2018-03-19, 10:48
ships confirmed

Lavinia too ?

Le Fay
2018-03-19, 11:07
So Augusta is the Witch of the East, huh. And Vali seems really pissed about her posessing Lavinia.

Bennia Lover
2018-03-19, 11:11
I wanted to see an illustration of Augusta. So there's 3 other witches who govern a direction.

Le Fay
2018-03-19, 11:27
I wanted to see an illustration of Augusta. So there's 3 other witches who govern a direction.
It's a bit interesting, since in the "Wizzard of Oz" 2 of the 4 witches weren't evil and were helping the Wizzard of Oz. But in volume 1 Lavinia mentioned that the "Great Wizzard" (and that's most likely the Wizzard of Oz) sent Augusta.

thefreakmike
2018-03-19, 11:31
So the wizard of Oz is the big bad of SlashDog? How about that...

Bennia Lover
2018-03-19, 11:32
What are the chapter titles in order @Le Fay?

TatsuyaGod
2018-03-19, 11:33
In Vol 25 DxD I知 pretty sure there痴 two Slashdog chapters in there right?

CCPDarkraiRules
2018-03-19, 11:33
It could be that the Wizard of Oz and the Witches of the Directions are a theme.

Le Fay
2018-03-19, 11:50
What are the chapter titles in order @Le Fay?
Haven't read yet, just looked at the pictures.

Lucidrago
2018-03-19, 11:58
Suzaku is hot! Well I guess she would be since she's Akeno's cousin.

And Natsume and Sae are looking good as well.

Akasaki Rin
2018-03-19, 12:06
Suzaku is hot! Well I guess she would be since she's Akeno's cousin.

And Natsume and Sae are looking good as well.

Sae is the one with the green eyes right ?

Lucidrago
2018-03-19, 12:49
Yeah.yes that's her.

thefreakmike
2018-03-19, 12:56
Damn, both Sae are Natsume are quite stacked... wouldnt be Ishibumiエs work if they werent XD

Akasaki Rin
2018-03-19, 12:57
Yeah.yes that's her.

Kay thank you.

Lucidrago
2018-03-19, 15:30
Suzaku looks like the evil version of Akeno. In the same way that Ouma looks like the evil version of Ikki in Rakudai Kishi.

This guy is great. And he clearly can draw awesome ecchi illustrations. And actually make the males look manly. And he can draw guys with soft features without making them look silly.

Akasaki Rin
2018-03-19, 15:39
The artist's name is Kikurage , but yeah you're right his illustrations are clearly great . And unlike miyama his male drawings look awesome .

Le Fay
2018-03-19, 16:11
Prologue
Chapter 1. Restart/New life
Chapter 2. Training/Sacred Treasures
Chapter 3. Going out/Contact
Chapter 4. Seiryuu/Suzaku
Chapter 5. Four Fiends/Third person, fourth beast
Satanael/Baraqiel
Chapter 6. Absolute Demise/Incinerate Anthem
Chapter 7. Night Celestial Slash Dogs
Judge/Sword-maniacs teacher and student
Final chapter. Comrades/Strong Unity
Vanishing Dragon/Beyond the Balance Break
Origin of the calamity/Towards infinity
Afterword
Lavinia asks Tobio about how she looks in a dress (the one she wears on the illustrations) and blushes after he replies that it looks good on her. Might be a hint at her affection towards Tobio.
The last chapter is actually about Khaos Brigade's foundation

n0m@n
2018-03-19, 18:19
Damn, the illustration is top-notch. Suzaku looks damn mature and hot.

Ariel_Saeba
2018-03-19, 21:14
I'm guessing Vali was a later addition since he wouldn't meet Bikou and Arthur until he is at least 15, but that's gonna stretch it out a bit.

EDIT: I also think that his later addition to Khaos was due to Lavinia's influence but I'm not sure.

Le Fay
2018-03-19, 21:20
So in Slashdog all four witches are evil (well, 3 by the end of the volume, Augusta is killed for possesing Lavinia, but Walburga retrieves her SG). The "Great Wizard" mentioned in the 1st volume is indeed Oz himself. The remaining Four Fiends are also introduced.

Ariel_Saeba
2018-03-19, 21:23
I sense a bit of a pattern here.

Four Fiends + Slash/Dog

Four Gods + Yellow Dragon

Four Witches + Oz himself.

so yeah, I think it's a running theme in Slash/Dog

B214
2018-03-19, 21:55
The Four Fiends can also be called the Four Perils.

Lucidrago
2018-03-20, 00:03
So I'm guessing we're going to get introduced to the other two of the Four Fiends and then they're going to join Tobio's team. And then it's revealed they were on Tobio's team the whole time while competing in the Azazel Cup but Ishibumi's going to have Tobio tell Issei that the other two members of Slash Dog team were on an important mission and couldn't be with them when all the stuff in Volume 24 went down.

And here's some more examples(I know these have nothing to do with Slash Dog):

Four Great Seraphs+God

Four Heavenly Kings+Indra

DragonOsman
2018-03-20, 09:00
Indra is the Heavenly Emperor, right? And Heaven's set is incomplete now since God of the Bible died. They need another God.

Suzaku looks a lot like Akeno. Fits since she's her cousin. But I don't like how she looks like evil version of Akeno since she isn't evil. What's with the black flame covering Tobio's hand in the illustration where he's shaking hands with her, though? Is the black flame from the fiery bird Suzaku (the bird Suzaku that Himejima Suzaku gets her name from, not the girl herself) somehow related to the black flame or whatever that is, or is it from Canis Lykaon?

Anyway, I'm happy that it looks like Sae was freed from the Utsusemi Organization's control. And she looks like she's competing with Natsume for Tobio's affection, if that illustration where they're both on each of his arms is any indication. So that means Natsume fell in love with Tobio (if I'm interpreting the scene correctly). If Lavinia also fall for him, then he'll have his own potential harem (if all three can agree to share). But then why are Vali and Tobio both afraid of Lavinia? It seemed they were afraid of her when she appeared in HS DxD in front of them.

Le Fay
2018-03-20, 09:45
Indra is the Heavenly Emperor, right? And Heaven's set is incomplete now since God of the Bible died. They need another God.

Suzaku looks a lot like Akeno. Fits since she's her cousin. But I don't like how she looks like evil version of Akeno since she isn't evil. What's with the black flame covering Tobio's hand in the illustration where he's shaking hands with her, though? Is the black flame from the fiery bird Suzaku (the bird Suzaku that Himejima Suzaku gets her name from, not the girl herself) somehow related to the black flame or whatever that is, or is it from Canis Lykaon?

Anyway, I'm happy that it looks like Sae was freed from the Utsusemi Organization's control. And she looks like she's competing with Natsume for Tobio's affection, if that illustration where they're both on each of his arms is any indication. So that means Natsume fell in love with Tobio (if I'm interpreting the scene correctly). If Lavinia also fall for him, then he'll have his own potential harem (if all three can agree to share). But then why are Vali and Tobio both afraid of Lavinia? It seemed they were afraid of her when she appeared in HS DxD in front of them.
The scene with Natsume and Sae clinging to Tobio is simply them being startled by a raccoon dog. Though Natsume did sneak into his room (similar to what Lavinia did in 1st volume, one of the colour illustrations shows it). Natsume constantly blushes when it comes to Tobio, so she might have some feelings for him (well, not that big of an argument, but still). Black flame in the Tobio-Suzaku illustration is his black aura and he's supposed to hold a scythe at this moment (he was fighting with Seiryuu a moment ago, illustration with him wielding a scythe is also from this scene).

Gaizafaiz
2018-03-20, 09:52
Oh yeah, what about Issei? Didn't the preview mentioned something about him awakening his SG.

DragonOsman
2018-03-20, 09:53
Thanks for the info and correction.

Question about the scene with Tobio and Suzaku: What do you mean he's "supposed to hold a scythe" there? Do you mean the illustration has an error, or do you mean Suzaku stopped him and the scythe disappeared?

Edit: One post late.
@Gaizafaiz: That was a mistranslation. Ise really did awaken it in Volume 1 of HS DxD. The preview actually just said that this is 4 years before the Sekiryuutei's awakening.

Gaizafaiz
2018-03-20, 10:03
Oh, my bad then. Thx for the clarification.

Le Fay
2018-03-20, 10:05
Thanks for the info and correction.

Question about the scene with Tobio and Suzaku: What do you mean he's "supposed to hold a scythe" there? Do you mean the illustration has an error, or do you mean Suzaku stopped him and the scythe disappeared?

Edit: One post late.
@Gaizafaiz: That was a mistranslation. Ise really did awaken it in Volume 1 of HS DxD. The preview actually just said that this is 4 years before the Sekiryuutei's awakening.
Most likely it's an error or he just holds it in his left hand.
She wasn't afraid of Tobio at all, even though he he was gripping onto the scythe and was clad in darkness.
And above all, she took his hand with a gentle expression showing on her face.
"Ikuse Tobio. I'm Himejima. Himejima Suzaku. Your "second cousin". Nice to meet you, Tobio."
..!

So yeah, I suppose he should've had it.

DragonOsman
2018-03-20, 11:30
Thanks. And now we also know she's his second cousin. Or in other words a distant cousin (like maybe his mother or father's cousin's daughter).

Bennia Lover
2018-03-20, 11:36
We've known Tobio and Suzaku have been second cousins since it was revealed Tobio is Akeno's second cousin.

DragonOsman
2018-03-20, 11:38
I think you mean Tobio and Suzaku there, but yeah, I guess you're right (note: Tobio and Ikuse are the same person).

Lucidrago
2018-03-20, 12:04
Tobio's grandmother and Suzaku's grandmother(her and Akeno have the same grandmother) are sisters. And Suou Himejima(the previous head before Suzaku) was their great uncle(their grandmothers being his sisters).

DragonOsman
2018-03-20, 12:20
If Tobio hadn't been born with Canis Lykaon, he could've inherited Suzaku (the fire bird)? Is it okay to think this, I wonder?

Ariel_Saeba
2018-03-20, 13:54
Not really. Even though he came from the main line, that does not mean he can inherit it automatically (and knowing how patriarchal the Japanese can be, you'll probably understand this already). Even Kurenai only managed to get the sub species one, Feng Huang, again, because he doesn't have the power of inheritance like the other direct descendants have.

DragonOsman
2018-03-20, 14:29
Tobio is a guy. The current Suzaku is a girl, though. How does that fit the patriarchal system, since patriarchy is where men are in control? The Sacred Beasts choose who inherits them, and I don't think they care about gender.

I was just thinking of a "what-if" scenario. It may have been really small, but I think the chance was there that Tobio could've inherited it if the current Suzaku hadn't and if he himself hadn't been born with Canis Lykaon.

Ariel_Saeba
2018-03-20, 15:07
Tobio is a guy. The current Suzaku is a girl, though. How does that fit the patriarchal system, since patriarchy is where men are in control? The Sacred Beasts choose who inherits them, and I don't think they care about gender.

I was just thinking of a "what-if" scenario. It may have been really small, but I think the chance was there that Tobio could've inherited it if the current Suzaku hadn't and if he himself hadn't been born with Canis Lykaon.

Despite Tobio being a guy, you forgot that he was primarily counted as a Himejima through his grandmother Ageha. I'm not really sure if Ageha was the elder or the younger, but with the worst case scenario of the latter, he would lose the leverage of inheritance even with the fact that, again, he is a lad. This was because the current Suzaku came from Akeno's grandmother, who was not considered as an exile in contrast to Ageha.

PS. The equation will be different if Ageha was not touted as an exile. Tobio and the current Suzaku would have the same level of leverage. The only deciding factor would then be the Sacred Beasts themselves (yes, this is also valid with the Canis Lykaon!Tobio, though he may get more disgust from the other Himejimas despite the fact that the beast Suzaku chose him.

Le Fay
2018-03-20, 15:49
Despite Tobio being a guy, you forgot that he was primarily counted as a Himejima through his grandmother Ageha. I'm not really sure if Ageha was the elder or the younger, but with the worst case scenario of the latter, he would lose the leverage of inheritance even with the fact that, again, he is a lad. This was because the current Suzaku came from Akeno's grandmother, who was not considered as an exile in contrast to Ageha.

PS. The equation will be different if Ageha was not touted as an exile. Tobio and the current Suzaku would have the same level of leverage. The only deciding factor would then be the Sacred Beasts themselves (yes, this is also valid with the Canis Lykaon!Tobio, though he may get more disgust from the other Himejimas despite the fact that the beast Suzaku chose him.
Though if he had been born directly into Himejima while possesing Canis Lykaon, he would have been chased away or killed.

DragonOsman
2018-03-20, 16:53
As Ariel_Saeba said, he was born into the main line of the Himejima (can someone verify this?), but the reason he couldn't get chosen as the head, by the beast Suzaku or by the clan itself, is because Ageha had been exiled (why was she exiled, though?).

Lucidrago
2018-03-20, 17:53
Tobio's grandmother and Suzaku's grandmother are Suou Himejima's older sisters.

Le Fay
2018-03-20, 18:19
As Ariel_Saeba said, he was born into the main line of the Himejima (can someone verify this?), but the reason he couldn't get chosen as the head, by the beast Suzaku or by the clan itself, is because Ageha had been exiled (why was she exiled, though?).
Himejima Hanezu mentioned that she didn't have power desired by Himejima clan and so was exiled. Though he didn't specify what power Ageha lacked.

Bennia Lover
2018-03-22, 04:18
So Jin right is the ancestor of werewolves, Lykaon (the King of Arcadia who fed Zeus is his own son and was turned into a wolf for it). He was sealed inside Canis Lykaon hence the name.

Le Fay
2018-03-22, 05:15
So Jin right is the ancestor of werewolves, Lykaon (the King of Arcadia who fed Zeus is his own son and was turned into a wolf for it). He was sealed inside Canis Lykaon hence the name.
Jin is, most likely, an Inugami (the name of the series itself implies it). Lykaon was a wolf, however Jin is a dog. Canis Lykaon is also said to have a god in it, even if it' s a false one. Lykaon was no god, and the name Inugami itself implies "god". According to one of the legends about Inugami, an old lady tried to summon it, and before killing a dog she said "if you grant my wish, I shall revere you as a god". Though I'm not sure about the last part being the reason for him to be called "false god".

Bennia Lover
2018-03-22, 05:24
Ah no I think it was my misunderstanding. Lycaon is sealed in a different SG.

Ariel_Saeba
2018-03-22, 06:40
From the looks of it, it seems like Ishibumi combines at least two different beings (if not more) for Jin. One is the aforementioned Inugami, and two is the more ancient depiction of the Japanese tengu (lit "heavenly dog") who in turn was based on the Chinese legend of tiangou (also mean "heavenly dog"), with the latter popularly believed as a god/spirit of protection (albeit more vicious than the norm).

Even though Tobio's Balance Breaker references the Greek Lykaon, it does not mean that the being sealed inside the Longinus is him, considering the fact that Jin is first and foremost, a dog (and dogs as symbols of gods/holy spirits were more common in Eastern beliefs).

Lucidrago
2018-03-22, 15:27
So do we know who the other two members of the Four. Fiends are? Because I remember them being classmates of Tobio(the ones who didn't go on the cruise).

And any details on the 'Barakiel/Satanael chapter?

thefreakmike
2018-03-22, 15:30
Take this with grain of salt, but from what Iエve seen, it seems their names are Nanadaru Shigune and Koga Hyousuke

Lucidrago
2018-03-22, 16:00
Thanks.

BTW who's doing the translation for Slash Dog?

Le Fay
2018-03-22, 16:57
Take this with grain of salt, but from what Iエve seen, it seems their names are Nanadaru Shigune and Koga Hyousuke
No need for salt, that's really their names. And Shigune's SG (Toutetsu) representing gluttony is said to be the strongest amongst the four.

thefreakmike
2018-03-22, 16:59
All right then, its just that since most of the spoilers from DxD Vol 25 turned out to be fake I didnt knew what was legit and not

DragonOsman
2018-03-23, 05:23
Those two from the Four Fiends joined Nephilim, a part of Grigori.

@Lucidrago: JeruTz. Google that and you should find his website.

Darksider555
2018-04-26, 17:11
New batch of spoilers for Slash/Dog:

Chapter 1: Tobio dreams about someone telling him his SG will end up hurting everything, and no one can stop. He wakes up covered in sweat with Natsume sleeping next to him

Chapter 2: All 4 of them, have been training and learning SGs for 4 months now

A sparing match between Tobio and Kouki vs Vali. Vali wins
The boys wash up in the men's locker room, where Lavina enters wearing a swim suit

Lavina tells them about Independent avatar SGs, Vali, his SG being Heavenly Dragon, and how he doesnt suffer for chuunibyou like they thought

Tobio is worried about his dream and whether he can control his SG. Lavina tells him he cant control the balance , the more he uses it, the more it can consume him, and rather than manipulating a doll, he's being manipulated like a puppet

Tobio ask about Augusta, where she replies that she is an enemy she has to defeat

The girls enter the locker room, with Tobio holding his face embarrassed and Lavina making a ? face

Chapter 3: They go out shopping, Lavina and a someone else, (not entire sure who but its not Tobio) call Vali Ramen Dragon and drag him around for clothes shopping

Lavina buys a light blue dress

Vali decides to eat noodles at noon in the mall. They decided to go to a park except for Vali

They began asking Lavina about Magicians

where she begins talking about the Wizard of Oz group, the group's structure has multiple references to the Wizard of Oz
Augusta is 2nd gen witch of the east, and Lavinia's teacher was the witch of the south
Seiryuu arrives in front of them
They ask if he's an enemy, but he says that due to Utsusemi incident, and that since the MCs are working with the FAs they should at least meet each other
They asked if they had to kill the expelled members of the 5 clans (Utsusemi). He said that it was necessary to protect the country
Seiyruu summons wind and a dragon, everyone takes a fighting stance
Tobio summons a scythe
Barakiel summons Lightning and arrives to stop the fight with Vali at his side
Suzaku appears, and Tobio says he sees the shadow of his grandma in her
Suzaku decides to tell them about the remaining 4 fiends, so they leave to go somewhere else that Suzaku has prepared for

Chapter 5:
They arrived at a village where a cat passes by scaring Sae and Natsume
everyone in the village is hypnotized, in case a battle takes place, so they wont notice

They're here to find Satanael

Barakiel and Vali talk about his BxB, and when Vali can use it

Albion starts talking to everyone

He says aura is coming from the other side of a mountain

They find dead bodies and Highschool students wiping blood off their hands, telling them their coming for you

One of those students has a black dog name Blitz that looks like Jin

Augusta arrives with a group of subordinates, Vali challenges her, but she replies that the White Dragon Emperor and Lucifer is too young

Satanael/Baraqiel:
Barakiel finds Satanael at a temple, and ask why did he betray the Grigori. Satanael says he wants to research SGs his way. Barakiel remembers that some SGs have been lost or have been transferred. The two begin to fight and the chapter ends with our 4 MCs arriving at their battle

Chapter 6: Satanael sees Tobio, and begins to talk about the Greek myth of Arcadia, and how Zeus punished him and turned him into a wolf.

Satanael mentions that Arcadia is a wolf not a dog. Apparently the Canis Lykaon is created after the Japanese myth of about a black dog god and a princess involving swords (cant tell which myth exactly but I think its Inugami). The problem was that God of the Bible didnt except that Canis Lykaon would cross mythological systems due to both myths being similar stories, which often causes this misconception

Canis Lykaon was created by God of the Bible by combining Greek Myth Arcadia and Japanese Myth of Kagutschi and Ame no Ohabari
God made Canis Lykaon as a controdiction SG
God used Lycaon of Arcadia from Greek and combined it with Ame no Ohabari of Japanese Myth to create Canis Lykaon

So I think the spoilers is saying that God of the Bible basically got the names of both myths mixed up. Which is funny thinking that God made a blunder naming his SG (This is sort of unclear, but thats how I see the situation)

A fight happens with Lavina chasing after Augusta. The fight ends, and our 4 heroes chase after Lavina

Tobio thinks to himself, that he only wants to survive, which is why he's learning about his SG and how to use a scythe

Suzaku appears, and Satanel ask if she's here to capture him or Tobio, she says its the former

Satanael then runs away, and the Abyss team fights Suzaku and Tobio and .co

The Abyss team have been training their SGs since they were young, and they believe that the only way to live is kill or be killed

Suzaku then burns away all their independent avatars

Not entire sure about the details of the fight, other than something about really bright light from Suzaku that requires sunglasses to block or they'll take dmg (Something along those lines)

Augusta and Lavinia confront each other. Lavinia mentions something about her teacher not revealing her Longinus to everyone. Augusta mentions the goal of Oz is to improve their magic. Lavinia's old teacher is said to be emotionally unstable, Augusta says this if for losing ppl she cared about. Augusta then cast black magic which involved wrapping Lavinia in black magic, Augusta transforms to a ball of light, then black magic and enters Lavinia taking control of her. Augusta(Lavinia) can use both Longiuses forcing Tobio and co to retreat
This is considered the worst case scenario

Everyone joins together and explains what happen to Lavinia. Vali is angry and says that he'll save Lavina alone. But is told its too dangerous b/c she has 2 Longinus and Vali's BxB is incomplete
Azazel arrives
Azazel says they have a shot if Tobio uses BxB, but his grandma sealed it away, Satanael's research isnt very good, and they have the 5 sacred beast with them
They ambushed Augusta(Lavinia). Augusta's ice attacks are much larger than Lavinia's Azazel says due to using 2 Longinus, she has no spare magic she can use, so they can win a battle of attrition(edited)
Vali appears in front of Augusta, she laughs saying that the white dragon has come. Vali is angry that she's saying his name with Lavinia's voice
Vali uses BxB, but is told it can only use it for 10s. Vali destroys the the Ice Princess doll that she was using to protect herself, Augusta is surprised by Vali's pwr. Albion says he did it, Vali replies of course, Im Lucifer. Vali's BxB is over and he passes out.
Tobio then uses BxB to fight Augusta(Lavinia). Black scythe dog vs Purple flame giant. The voice Tobio hears from his heart tells him to kill Lavinia, he says he'll save her, and cuts Lavinia's body. A black gas leaves Lavinia's body and turned back to Augusta. She wonders if she's been killed. The words disappeared.
The voice tells Tobio that bc he wanted to save Lavinia only Augusta was killed and that even though he killed an enemy, he just killed a person
The seal that Tobio's grandma placed on him is broken, saying something about needing the desire to protect your friends and companions or else you would've died

Walburga arrives and takes Augusta away
Satanael has escaped. Suzaku and Ouryuu talk to the JSDF about what happen to the village. Satanae sees a car containing warriors from the Vatican

Judge/Sword-maniacs teacher and student:
David and Freed watched the entire thing through telescopes. Freed pulls his light saber out of a corpse and says he'll kill them all. David mentions that God's deeds should be done by believers. They take the members of Oz that they captured away. The chapter ends saying that their conflict with the heroes is getting closer

Final chapter:
Azazel tells Tobio that he's getting stronger as his SG is
Satanael is developing artificial SGs so they'll have less time for leisure
Lavinia wakes up and a new member of the 4 fiends is here
Someone said Vali cried. Vali denies this with red ears and said no one seemed to care after he passed out, but when they thought Lavinia was dead everyone was worried.
There this team building moment and Azazel says that everyone now wants to get stronger

Vanishing Dragon/Beyond the Balance Break:
Albion mentions Vali's destructive pwr is much more powerful bc of his blood. Valli feels that the stronger he becomes, the more he will hurt his gentle people. So when one's own blood and his true form are awakened, the best way to not lose this gentle person is to go far away from that person.
Vali said to Albion that he did not intend to forgive Oz. He wanted to destroy all the big bosses of the northeastern witches. Albion said that it is too difficult for Bai Longhuang like you to play against the current Red Dragon Emperor. Vali laughed and said that the guy might be worse than me.
Albion said that if the Red Dragon Emperor, who is able to overcome the strongest White Dragon Emperor in the history, really existed, it would be a product of a miracle.
Vali hopes that this destined opponent really has this ability.

Origin of the calamity/Towards infinity:

Satanael is in Japan away from the 5 families. Oz witches tells him Augusta is dead, but they have her SG. Arondight is in the middle of the room, which is their means of fighting holy swords. When asked whats their next goal, Satanael shows a mural of Ophis and that the name of their group they gathered is called Khaos Brigade
Afterword:
Next volume is in the summer and the heroine will be Suzaku
The 5 families vs the Magicians

Royalknightftw
2018-04-27, 07:47
Damn, Vali is so cute when he is worried about someone else.

So, why did the Oz magicians want to help Satanael?

Darksider555
2018-04-27, 07:54
I assume that they promised each other mutual help in their objectives. Satanael wants to research & develop Sacred Gears. Maybe he promised Oz help in getting rid of & helping them take over the other magical organizations. Since Oz wants to improve their magics as well.Basically a protection vow. And Oz may have gathered up subjects for Satanael for him to test his theories on so that both of their organizations could gain SG users.

DragonOsman
2018-04-27, 08:06
That's probably how it is. We'll see when we get there.

I'm assuming Arondight is a Demonic Sword, since they said it's their means of fighting against Holy Swords. And Ophis was brought up. So in SlashDog, we'll also see the founding of Khaos Brigade? If so, I'm looking forward to it.

I also liked this part:
Albion said that if the Red Dragon Emperor, who is able to overcome the strongest White Dragon Emperor in the history, really existed, it would be a product of a miracle.
Vali hopes that this destined opponent really has this ability.

So Vali hopes for Ise to be the Sekiryuutei that can defeat him, huh? I want to see it happen even more now, then.

Royalknightftw
2018-04-27, 08:35
And LoL for God of Bible mixing up two different mythologies ( according to rough spoiler) Is it just me but somehow i can't help but to think God of Bible is like a Pokemon catcher :heh:

XFire
2018-04-27, 08:42
And LoL for God of Bible mixing up two different mythologies ( according to rough spoiler) Is it just me but somehow i can't help but to think God of Bible is like a Pokemon catcher :heh:

Well, considering how many creatures he locked up in those things....

Wait, what if God is actually that familiar trainer?

Darksider555
2018-04-27, 08:44
I wonder how people can claim that the God of Bible is a weaker God when he was able to imprison a large amount amount of legendary creatures.

thefreakmike
2018-04-27, 09:13
God of the Bible-Chan to OP, please nerf

B214
2018-04-27, 09:16
I wonder how people can claim that the God of Bible is a weaker God when he was able to imprison a large amount amount of legendary creatures.

Assuming if He did accomplish it alone. He didn't take out Ddraig and Albion alone, Vritra was already vanquish when made into a SG. There's no guarantee God sealed those creatures alone or didn't take the defeated creatures from other myths is there?

Le Fay
2018-04-27, 12:43
That's probably how it is. We'll see when we get there.

I'm assuming Arondight is a Demonic Sword, since they said it's their means of fighting against Holy Swords. And Ophis was brought up. So in SlashDog, we'll also see the founding of Khaos Brigade? If so, I'm looking forward to it.

I also liked this part:

So Vali hopes for Ise to be the Sekiryuutei that can defeat him, huh? I want to see it happen even more now, then.
It was said that Arondight degraded from being a Holy Sword to being Demonic/Cursed Sword.

Lucidrago
2018-04-27, 13:04
Wasn't Arondight Lancelot's sword? And maybe the sword signifies Lancelot's fall from glory. Like in the Fate/Zero series
Or Suzaku from Code Geass.

DragonOsman
2018-04-27, 13:19
@B214: I agree. We also know He sealed Trihexa at the end of the world without anyone knowing, but we don't know the exact details about how exactly He did that either. Going by some statements and also context, He seems to have been around the same level as one of the Two Heavenly Dragons in their prime. And it's possible that He sealed a sleeping Trihexa. All of this is only speculation, though.

@Le Fay: I remember reading that in a spoiler. Thanks for reminding me.

@Lucidrago: Yeah, I agree there.

Sparda4
2018-04-27, 16:16
A sleeping trihexa is hard to believe. Like VERY hard. That thing is chaos incarnate basically. It needs REST ??? Like that sounds so fucking absurd.

DragonOsman
2018-04-27, 18:49
God sealed it using countless forbidden-level seals after finding it at the end of the world without anyone knowing. If there was a fight, wouldn't people have noticed? How could He have sealed an active Trihexa without anyone knowing?

Darksider555
2018-04-27, 18:53
Plus the existence of Trihexa was a rumor even in the mythological world. So the fact that kind of being could be kept secret without anyone knowing is very intriguing.

Lucidrago
2018-04-27, 19:34
Trihexa was taking a nap then God came upon it while wandering the Dimensional Gap. He sensed how powerful it was like 'Shit, I need to seal this thing.' But then God felt like the beast looked familiar. And then he pulled out his Bible and read Revelations and was like 'Shit, it's actually real.' Then he started spamming seals until he couldn't anymore.

godz
2018-04-27, 21:13
and if God created trixeha to use it as a weapon against great red and ophis? but something went wrong in the process and he had to hide it ...

Sekiryuu12
2018-04-27, 21:17
Then he deserved his end:heh:.

Lucidrago
2018-04-27, 22:03
Still wondering what the previous Ouryuu did. Maybe he betrayed them and tried to pull a NTR and steal Lavinia. And Vali went Juggernaut Drive and Outrage and Tobio went Balance Breaker and obliterated him.

Sparda4
2018-04-28, 05:32
and if God created trixeha to use it as a weapon against great red and ophis? but something went wrong in the process and he had to hide it ...

That would be messed up and interesting. A failed creation of god that he couldn't destroy. That would put all of the Judo-christian faction on it's goddamn head.

Ariel_Saeba
2018-04-28, 13:28
Wasn't Arondight Lancelot's sword? And maybe the sword signifies Lancelot's fall from glory. Like in the Fate/Zero series
Or Suzaku from Code Geass.

It was said that Arondight degraded from being a Holy Sword to being Demonic/Cursed Sword.

Ishibumi quoted Nasu word per word basically.

And seriously, the spoiler of the fusion that created Canis Lykaon is a bit exaggerating. I've read the spoilers about it containing a Totsuka-no-Tsurugi, specifically the Ame-no-Ohabari (which is basically a Divine Construct of the Japanese Gods. There are several, and Kusanagi-no-Tsurugi is one of them), and it's not the actual sword (as sealing a Holy Sword inside a Sacred Gear would be impossible, let alone problematic in the long term). I read it as "on the same level", as it has different connotation.

The SG took cues from two similar dog legends. One is its Lycaon namesake, basically (but that legend apparently is not enough to make the spirit powerful and God-Killing like, say, Nemean Lion. I can even bet that it won't even make it a low-tier Longinus if YHVH only used Lycaon's soul as the battery for the SG considering that he got his werewolf nature from a curse, which later made the titular Lycaon got killed as an anecdotal joke) and the other is Japanese/Chinese Inugami (which is even included in the series' title). I do think that it mixes two different beings, namely the aforementioned Inugami as well as the Chinese legend of a heavenly dog (Tiangou, which later entered into Japanese vocabulary as "tengu", evolving into a different form, but still the same essence) Which makes more sense, as both are considered powerful spirits rather than, say, sealing a construct inside a construct.

To be fair, both Tiangou and Inugami are powerful, but they can be easily caught and sealed.

DragonOsman
2018-04-28, 13:36
The person on the Discord who provided the spoiler also said that the Sacred Gear doesn't really have the sword itself in it. So yeah. It just fuses dog gods/spirits from two different legends into one Sacred Gear.

Le Fay
2018-04-28, 14:22
The person on the Discord who provided the spoiler also said that the Sacred Gear doesn't really have the sword itself in it. So yeah. It just fuses dog gods/spirits from two different legends into one Sacred Gear.
Not really , during Balance Break Jin held this sword in his mouth (fight against Augusta), so there is a sword.

Le Fay
2018-04-28, 14:28
Ishibumi quoted Nasu word per word basically.

And seriously, the spoiler of the fusion that created Canis Lykaon is a bit exaggerating. I've read the spoilers about it containing a Totsuka-no-Tsurugi, specifically the Ame-no-Ohabari (which is basically a Divine Construct of the Japanese Gods. There are several, and Kusanagi-no-Tsurugi is one of them), and it's not the actual sword (as sealing a Holy Sword inside a Sacred Gear would be impossible, let alone problematic in the long term). I read it as "on the same level", as it has different connotation.

The SG took cues from two similar dog legends. One is its Lycaon namesake, basically (but that legend apparently is not enough to make the spirit powerful and God-Killing like, say, Nemean Lion. I can even bet that it won't even make it a low-tier Longinus if YHVH only used Lycaon's soul as the battery for the SG considering that he got his werewolf nature from a curse, which later made the titular Lycaon got killed as an anecdotal joke) and the other is Japanese/Chinese Inugami (which is even included in the series' title). I do think that it mixes two different beings, namely the aforementioned Inugami as well as the Chinese legend of a heavenly dog (Tiangou, which later entered into Japanese vocabulary as "tengu", evolving into a different form, but still the same essence) Which makes more sense, as both are considered powerful spirits rather than, say, sealing a construct inside a construct.

To be fair, both Tiangou and Inugami are powerful, but they can be easily caught and sealed.
No, Azazel and Satanael told about Canis Lykaons's origin and it's indeed a fusion of Lycaon and Ame no Ohabari.

DragonOsman
2018-04-28, 14:40
So it really has the actual sword in it? How?

Ariel_Saeba
2018-04-28, 15:15
Ah, so that means Ishibumi broke one of his own unwritten rules. Either that, or he's in a pressure to make Slash/Dog at least goes 3 volumes. Which makes sense, especially if he really plans to make Tobio immortal and integrate him to the extended ExE CT Team.

DragonOsman
2018-04-28, 15:22
Where is there an unwritten rule that a sword can't be inside a Sacred Gear? Or is it just a fan assumption?

As for how long SlashDog will be: I heard on the DxD Universe Discord Ishibumi said he plans to make it 6 Volumes.

Ariel_Saeba
2018-04-28, 15:26
He very implicitly mentioned it in the early volumes of DxD that he wouldn't mix Legendary Swords with Sacred Gears, though again, as the series evolves, he needs more nonsensical handwaves and, well, ass-pulls to move the plot along, especially with the parallel, alien-verse overarching theme of New DxD.

Originally he planned at least 5 (he mentioned it on his blog), with a contingency of 3 volumes in case sales went down.

DragonOsman
2018-04-28, 15:29
New DxD? If you mean Shin DxD, then isn't that True DxD? But yeah, I see your point. So he did break his own rule.

XFire
2018-04-28, 15:30
He very implicitly mentioned it in the early volumes of DxD that he wouldn't mix Legendary Swords with Sacred Gears, though again, as the series evolves, he needs more nonsensical handwaves and, well, ass-pulls to move the plot along, especially with the parallel, alien-verse overarching theme of New DxD.

Originally he planned at least 5 (he mentioned it on his blog), with a contingency of 3 volumes in case sales went down.

I don't remember him saying that. Was it in one of the afterwords?

Besides, he stuck Ascalon inside BG near the beginning, swords being sealed in gears isn't too odd.

Ariel_Saeba
2018-04-28, 15:39
Yes.

Technically, Ascalon is not "sealed" inside BG, more like being "stored" since it doesn't do either harm or malicious damage to Issei. And besides, it and Ama no Ohabari have very different nature in terms of being Holy Swords, the latter being specifically mentioned to have killed Kagutsuchi

Le Fay
2018-04-28, 15:43
Yes.

Technically, Ascalon is not "sealed" inside BG, more like being "stored" since it doesn't do either harm or malicious damage to Issei. And besides, it and Ama no Ohabari have a very different nature in terms of being Holy Swords, the latter being specifically mentioned to have killed Izanami-no-Mikoto.
Ame no Ohabari is not a Holy Sword. And the one it killed wasn't Izanami-no-Mikoto, but Hinokagatsuchi.

Ariel_Saeba
2018-04-28, 15:47
Hm, so Ishibumi changed the nature of that particular Totsuka-no-Tsurugi (well, it killed a god, so it's not exactly "Holy" per se)

Le Fay
2018-04-28, 15:48
Hm, so Ishibumi changed the nature of that particular Totsuka-no-Tsurugi (well, it killed a god, so it's not exactly "Holy" per se)
Well, wiki says the same thing (and the same is written on JP wiki). "The totsuka sword used by Izanagi to kill his offspring, Kagu-tsuchi.[1] This one is also named Ame-no-Ohabari or Ama-no-Ohabari (天の尾羽張, lit. "sword of Takamagahara with blades on both sides of the tip")."

Ariel_Saeba
2018-04-28, 15:51
Yeah, and that's why I figured Ishibumi changed its nature from a Holy Sword in myth to become either a Demonic Sword, or a different type altogether (in which I tend to call these weapons "Divine Construct", Gungnir and Mjollnir being prominent examples)

Gaizafaiz
2018-06-09, 00:23
Slashdog Volume 2 prologue finished translated.

Lucidrago
2018-06-09, 01:31
Need more Lavinia!

It would be interesting if Ishibumi went into the Longinus possessors in depth.

DragonOsman
2018-06-10, 14:24
I agree.

And hopefully we also see how she got over her fear of her power and mastered it. If she's already gotten over that fear. Seeing more of her backstory would be great.

HenriqueMota97
2018-07-01, 02:31
Slashdog 2 Chapter 1 translated.

Gaizafaiz
2018-07-01, 04:15
@HenriqueMota97 Thx for the heads up. That is surprisingly fast if I must say. Not as fast as zxzxzx, but still fast.

DragonOsman
2018-07-01, 06:05
Yeah, thanks for the link, Henrique.

And the chapter is good, I think. And it's funny how Natsume ended up sleep-walking into Tobio's bed this time, the same way Lavinia had in Volume 1. :heh: This time Sae was also there, although the misunderstanding thankfully didn't last for too long.

It's good to know about the changes that were apparently done to Sae's body from having that black lion Sacred Gear. If there's no danger to her health from it, it'd be even better.

Lucidrago
2018-07-01, 10:52
Well Tobio's awakening his inner beast in more ways than one. :naughty:

HenriqueMota97
2018-10-02, 18:46
Slashdog 2 Chapter 2 translated.

Imagine Breaker
2018-11-30, 07:18
Slashdog 3 cover (w/ shin dxd 2 cover):

https://i.redd.it/ilzay9rw7d121.jpg

B214
2018-11-30, 09:06
Will Ise defeat Rias' team with the ultimate dress break, or will he nosebleed himself to defeat first. Read the result in the upcoming Shin High School DxD 2: Battle of the Perverted King and Nudists Team.

Lucidrago
2018-12-02, 23:08
So that's Genbu Doumon on the cover. I thought that it said in High School DxD Volume 24 that she had white hair. Or maybe it's just the way It's colored that makes it look more purple than white.

And does anyone think Byakko Shinra will turn out to be a girl and end up dating Samejima? Since her Sacred Beast's attribute is most likely lightning as Suzaku's is fire, Seiryu's is wind, Genbu's is more likely than not water, and Ouryuu's is earth. So Byakko's is most likely lightning. And not to mention how Samejima's Sacred Gear takes the form of a cat and how it uses lightning.

And I'm hoping that one of the other two Four Fiends takes the form of a monkey that turns into a giant ape in Balance Breaker form.