PDA

View Full Version : Shuffle Game Translation?

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8

Toxic
2006-07-01, 20:42
Zio, if you're being serious, that's a lie.
If you're joking, move along.

kct
2006-07-01, 22:35
Helkin already explained what happened in the previous pages >.> .

hunpaladin
2006-07-02, 14:37
hi again! i got 2 question again:

1. where can i buy shuffle for the cheapest price?
2. do i need credit card for it or can i pay by cash??

and i been thinking about the patch and cracked shuffle:

there are some ppl that ar not wiling to pay for the game and use cracked version(like me) and you pl told e the patch would not work with the cracked version.
Those ppl have 2 choise:
1. to learn japanese (i am a big dumbass faggot...)
2. leave it o hell

BUT! there will bea a man who dosnt respect helkins work and try to hack/crack the patch and reliese it in a torrent along with the shuffle game!

or get a working image that was mentioned erlier int this topic.

this is maybe only my thinking, but i couldnt hold my self not to say it out loud.

-Nyu-
2006-07-02, 16:31
You can order the game through Crecent: http://www.crescent-shop.com/
The best thing would be if you tell them to order the game @ amazon.co.jp .
To your second point: Unfortunatelly there is someone for sure who will do this and it makes me really really angry..
I hope Helkin will find a way to make a safe patch, so that it's difficult to crack it.

shadowlord_756
2006-07-02, 20:22
You can order the game through Crecent: http://www.crescent-shop.com/
The best thing would be if you tell them to order the game @ amazon.co.jp .
To your second point: Unfortunatelly there is someone for sure who will do this and it makes me really really angry..
I hope Helkin will find a way to make a safe patch, so that it's difficult to crack it.

don't underestimate hackers. Some people spent months trying to hack starforce. Even online validation can be cracked. But if you can stop them from obtaining the patch in the first place then they won't have anything to work with.

Toxic
2006-07-02, 21:31
don't underestimate hackers. Some people spent months trying to hack starforce. Even online validation can be cracked. But if you can stop them from obtaining the patch in the first place then they won't have anything to work with.
They WILL obtain the patch, anyway. It's just a matter of time. Even if he only releases it to people who prove ownership. Someone will eventually leak it.

Do you really think one person can achieve something which billion budget companies has been trying to do for years?

kct
2006-07-02, 22:35
In other words, just let it be <.< .

shadowlord_756
2006-07-03, 00:51
They WILL obtain the patch, anyway. It's just a matter of time. Even if he only releases it to people who prove ownership. Someone will eventually leak it.

Do you really think one person can achieve something which billion budget companies has been trying to do for years?

While it may be difficult for one person, it's not entirely impossible for a small team. You don't have to stop it forever. Just maybe a few months or a year till most of the piraters are bored and run off to pirate other things. Besides game companies dont have billion dollar budgets for anti-piracy. A few million is alot. Companies usually take into account whether it is worth the extra money for anti-piracy. When it becomes more expensive to hire staff to work on it compared to how much they earn back from preventing people pirating it, they just give up. Plus, video games are pumped out every year so they can't exactly spend another month or more working on anti-piracy (as the technology would become obsolete) while we can choose to spend the extra time if we so desire.

BTW- most retail video games sell millions of copies and as thus have more hackers. For a game like shuffle, a basic anti-piracy tweak might be enough unless we get unlucky and have a knowledgeable hacker among our audiences.

SpaceKnight
2006-07-03, 00:51
Arggghhhhhh...... Why are we arguing about this piracy thing again. Let heklin decide what he wants to do.

shadowlord_756
2006-07-03, 02:27
:( sry, btw is heklin only going to release it via irc or will he also give out bt links to certain ppl as well? I'm going back to china in a bit and I doubt I can get irc to work there, though I hear my relatives bt frequently.

kct
2006-07-03, 02:38
The only thing I knew is he's taking a short break that's all >.> .

susanoo
2006-07-03, 07:01
why don't just wait & see what'll he do & get surprised for whatever he do later?

I'll go back to Indo this thursday. Won't be able to check the forum much coz I don'y hav a broadband internet there & dial up is very super ultra ultimately etremely eternally heavily expensive there. (well at least for me) T_T........ Can't be so active then....

I bought model kits so I'll be busy for few days after I get back home:D . Finally I can have sia & tohsaka stand on my PC. (still can't find saber though:mad:. Well I'll just search more at september)

kct
2006-07-03, 07:28
What model kits >.> . Because any Zeta Plus would be freaking awesome <.< .

susanoo
2006-07-03, 07:45
well, you know model kits isn't always about gundam:heh:

This time I brought Armored Core Model kits. The one with all mirage parts to form an AC. As for gundam, I got 20 of them. from the old ones(zeta) to the almost new ones (freedom) I didn't say new....

radister
2006-07-03, 09:32
yay!
my second copy of shuffle came today :)
i been shuffle-less for nealry a month now, fells so good to have a copy again.
now time to get 100%, mwhahahaha....

sorry for the evil laugh, just really happy! :)

~Daisuki~
2006-07-03, 10:52
yay!
my second copy of shuffle came today :)
i been shuffle-less for nealry a month now, fells so good to have a copy again.
now time to get 100%, mwhahahaha....

sorry for the evil laugh, just really happy! :)

wow thats a coincidence mine did 2 hehe !!! just gotta wait for patch now :P himeyashop.com is the greatest lol :P

kct
2006-07-03, 16:24
well, you know model kits isn't always about gundam:heh:

This time I brought Armored Core Model kits. The one with all mirage parts to form an AC. As for gundam, I got 20 of them. from the old ones(zeta) to the almost new ones (freedom) I didn't say new....
ARGH...just started on AC games. And the AC figures cost a bomb here >.> . Better off with a Gundam <.< .

I didn't even finish Shuffle! >.> .

Zelos_Zalis
2006-07-03, 18:51
haven't been back in awhile and I realized I never thanked ponydash for the Kareha walkthrough :heh: so belated thanks! :D

and to make more this post have a on stage CG!

http://img101.imageshack.us/img101/8889/1796je.th.jpg (http://img101.imageshack.us/my.php?image=1796je.jpg)

I love how cute they made her in On the stage :love:

kct
2006-07-03, 20:16
On The Stage is an either Kareha or a Mayumi game. Fullstop.

susanoo
2006-07-03, 21:10
well not really. AC figures cost almost the same as gundam 1/100 HG i think. The model is also far more complicated (not the kit but the model) so it's harder to paint. And that's what I like. beside AC games are far better than any gundams. Basically I think AC is the best mecha games in PS2 (that's what I think).

kct
2006-07-03, 21:18
Here it costs the price of an MG >.> , so I would go private import (cheaper) if there is more (so far I see only Crest around here and the Mirage is not available here yet).

AC is the thing that stops people from going to Mechwarrior. And I'm a former Mechwarrior player >.> .

I somehow liked my AC in AC1 <.< .

Gah some shop was selling 2 random hand-sized figurines for RM25. One of them contained Sia and Nemu (DC) >.> .

susanoo
2006-07-03, 22:14
hand sized? well there's so many of them everywhere, but I think I should consider the quality before I buy those things. You know for me : quality above all.:D

AC for the cost of MG????? now that's new. I opened the box & see inside before & yeah it's just like HG. I don't know how tall it will become after I fix it coz I haven't even scratch them yet (I don't have proper equipment to do it here).

AC1???? from the PS one???/ now that's long.

The crest model is also good but I choose mirage one coz they equipped WL-MOONLIGHT in it:D .

For the game so far I played :
-AC-master of arena
-AC3
-AC3-silent line
-AC-NEXUS
-AC-ninebreaker
-AC-LastRaven (Havn't finished yet)

*edit* : Oh yeah minna-san since I'll be goning back & won't be around for a while it'll be nice If I have u guyz on my friendster. come add me : whit_hound@yahoo.com. :D

Furudanuki
2006-07-03, 22:53
Come on folks. Please. This thread is for posts that are related in some conceivable way to the translation of the Shuffle! game. Let's try to get back on topic - OK?

Armitage
2006-07-04, 00:05
So, after several months of lurking i finally got myself to acctually register here and reply to this thread. Tried Crescent-Shop, but they asked for a scanned image of my passport because shuffle was over 18 material, and then i'm pretty much sold, as i'm not over 18. Well, hope i have better luck with other sites. Would hate to miss this translation. I've never bought stuff from the internet myself (my parents did it for me), and what is a good payment option for me as i don't have access to a credit card?

While it may be difficult for one person, it's not entirely impossible for a small team. You don't have to stop it forever. Just maybe a few months or a year till most of the piraters are bored and run off to pirate other things.

You underestimate pirates. How else do you think they leaked Windows XP a month before it was released? The best way to protect it is to not release it, but that would make me a sad person. It's like rules #34, but for software. Stoping pirates kind of is like squeezing water from a rock; just won't happen. And it's hypocrisy to say that piracy is such a bad thing, when probably most people here have pirated music and things on their computers. But going more into that discussion is going more off-topic, and that's not what i registered for.

Main reason of registration: A slap on the back goes out to heklin (and his team, if he has one) for all the hard work this far. I would help if i could, but then i'm not very skilled in anything that you would benefit from. Have extra bandwidth at my disposal though, as my family got 10mb a while ago. Use little of it except for a TS server for a few of my friends who plays in some clan or something, but if that can help you in any way, please tell me. My computer is on almost 24/7.

Too bad there isn't a path for Kareha and Mayumi in the original game...

~Daisuki~
2006-07-04, 05:13
buy it from Himeyashop.com they accept Check/Money order so do it that way...

~Daisuki~
2006-07-04, 11:24
btw this topic is dead lol where is everyone? lets talk about shuffle more lol

Skuilo
2006-07-04, 12:31
i think there should be created another thread for the shuffle offtopics and keep this one exclusively for the patch xDD

~Daisuki~
2006-07-04, 12:58
Edit : Deleted because its pointless :P

Armitage
2006-07-04, 13:03
All threads more or less go off-topic after a while. Better to go a bit off-topic than leting the thread die imho.

EDIT: Hard for me (and most people here) to guess as i have no expereince in the things he do. And asking feels like trying to hurry him. But i'd guess btween 0 and infinity. Best is to just let him take the time he needs :). "The travel is a part of the goal"

Grenthal
2006-07-04, 14:03
well lets get back to patch talk

Topic is 'dead' until Heklin tell us what He decided with patch. Until then all posts will be only speculations and can couse some misunderstundings.

radister
2006-07-04, 14:43
Topic is 'dead' until Heklin tell us what He decided with patch. Until then all posts will be only speculations and can couse some misunderstundings.

True, however we can still talk about shuffle and what we do know.
So what do we know about the translation
-we know that there is a demo of the first two days
-we know heklin is/was working on the full patch
-we know heklin sent off an email and waiting for a reply back
-we know that shuffle is a game.

Now how do we use this to keep this topic alive and maybe back on topic.
Well we already gone over most of the main topic and we gone across a lot of side topics

-piracy
-shopping
-other games
-tick tack
-computer servers
-ect, ect.

And somehow a simple topic of information about the patch has gone up to above 1000 posts.
So what more is there to talk about?
Well I don't know any new topics however I do have a question for some people here.
Have the people that can read Japanese a little or a lot read the first two days of the game? I can read little Japanese and from what I read of about half the first day a few words there and here have been changed to make the conversation sound better and more normal. I was just wondering what you guys thought about the changes Heklin made. I found them (from the ones I read) to fit better into the English language.

~Daisuki~
2006-07-04, 14:47
Have the people that can read Japanese a little or a lot read the first two days of the game? I can read little Japanese and from what I read of about half the first day a few words there and here have been changed to make the conversation sound better and more normal. I was just wondering what you guys thought about the changes Heklin made. I found them (from the ones I read) to fit better into the English language.

want to give us a example :P and anyway im sure its just fine long as they do what they say there doing them im happy :P

radister
2006-07-04, 15:16
im not saying there bad, there mean the same thing most of the time, I just commenting and how well it was done and how much I like what he did with it.
Examples...well remember my Japanese sucks compared to most people but..
its nothing important, they mean the same thing more or less.
First line in the game you got
だったら、あの女性なんてどうです?
Translation of this
だったら(not that important, the main meaning is (hmm, hard to put into English) like saying if the last statement is this then how about this.)
あの女性 = that woman(女性 means woman and あの is defining it)
なんて (once translated into English this line loses all meaning. It is mainly forcing the “how” part of this sentence. Like when you read something a how is in a bold, but when talking and not shouting.)
どうです = how about..
Translation = Well then, how about that woman?
From a few clicks later we know there talking about a point system and rating the girls. Heklin uses words like what would you rate that chick?
well they don’t say rate and chicks not even used in Japanese (innless your talking about a chicken)
Heklins translation fit so much better into English language and both translation mean the same thing.

--note--
people that can read japanese please correct me if im wrong, i'm still learning

relentlessflame
2006-07-04, 15:45
Translation = Well then, how about that woman?
From a few clicks later we know there talking about a point system and rating the girls. Heklin uses words like what would you rate that chick?
well they don’t say rate and chicks not even used in Japanese (innless your talking about a chicken)
Heklins translation fit so much better into English language and both translation mean the same thing.Yeah, this is the classic "how much localizing do you do?" question that has caused a lot of debate over the years. It reminds me of this old thread (NOTE: That thread's from 2004, so please don't go randomly replying to old, antiquated posts. It's a dead topic, but I'm posting it for interest/reference only.) I guess my personal preference would to "interpret" less while still maintaining a smooth flow, but it's just a preference. So long as the meaning is accurately conveyed (which it certainly is in the example posted), that's what matters most.

-Nyu-
2006-07-04, 17:02
Translating Japanese is sometimes VERY tough. I'm learning Japanese myself atm and it's just so much stuff.. The problem is often the grammar.

kct
2006-07-04, 19:28
Because apparently the subject and verb is reversed (from what some said), unlike in English language.

* Not a Japanese learner though.

Armitage
2006-07-04, 21:45
I don't know more than a few words of japaneese, but i read somewhere that the syntax is somewhat like that of german.

susanoo
2006-07-04, 22:17
I think japanesse & english have different grammars.
from what I hear, mainly japanesse will state the "object" first before the "subject". I'm not very good with japanesse myself but I can hear some of japanesse dialogue so this much I understand. Well many words in japanesse loses its meanings if translated into english. I think the best way to translate japanesse is to find the main meaning of a sentence - translate it - & reform the sentence in the best manner in "whatever-you-translate-it-into" language.

kct
2006-07-04, 23:31
That is what I meant by 'reversed'.

Vexx
2006-07-05, 01:32
The grammar is pretty straight forward and actually pretty strict so once you know the rules, its mostly "fill in the vocabulary". If you've heard and understood Yoda's mangling of English - you've kind of got the idea.

Actually the hardest part is not the "literal translation" but designing the translation for your audience. That's where all the "religious" arguments get started. Japanese dialog tends to be very economical - so when translating to English often you have to explicitly add the context. Sometimes there's puns or jokes that don't translate. Slang terms .... especially in coarse street talk, perfectly "average" words can take on new meaning. And "omigodz" when they get metaphorical or poetic on you using references to myth or culture ... :)

I think anyone wanting to be a linguist or translator ought to take a look at an award winning episode of Star Trek: The Next Generation .... dammit I can't remember the title but it involved Picard being marooned with the starship captain of a people who speak completely in the metaphors of legend and mythology. Great show, that one. (Paul Winchell played the alien captain).

edit and corrections: It was Paul Winfield who played the alien captain. And as Tedster (thanks) points out, the episode is called "Darmok" with an excellent Wiki entry.

When I win the lottery, linguistics and language study would be my preferred activity I think (along with all the travel required :) )

Tedster
2006-07-05, 03:12
I think anyone wanting to be a linguist or translator ought to take a look at an award winning episode of Star Trek: The Next Generation .... dammit I can't remember the title but it involved Picard being marooned with the starship captain of a people who speak completely in the metaphors of legend and mythology. Great show, that one. (Paul Winchell played the alien captain).

Long time lurker here, eagerly awaiting release of the patch. Just had to chime in when I saw something about Star Trek. :p

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Darmok

Explains a good bit about the episode you mention here (which of course is called "Darmok"). One of my favorites. :)

Ah well, back to the shadows with me. *waves*

radister
2006-07-05, 07:53
Yeah, this is the classic "how much localizing do you do?" question that has caused a lot of debate over the years. It reminds me of this old thread (NOTE: That thread's from 2004, so please don't go randomly replying to old, antiquated posts. It's a dead topic, but I'm posting it for interest/reference only.) I guess my personal preference would to "interpret" less while still maintaining a smooth flow, but it's just a preference. So long as the meaning is accurately conveyed (which it certainly is in the example posted), that's what matters most.
lol, i read the thread, and all i can say i never seen so long post about something so small, so much arguing. ;) but was fun to read.

Long time lurker here, eagerly awaiting release of the patch. Just had to chime in when I saw something about Star Trek. :p

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Darmok

Explains a good bit about the episode you mention here (which of course is called "Darmok"). One of my favorites. :)

Ah well, back to the shadows with me. *waves*
that episode, yeah i remember it now (just read the article on wiki)
that was a great episode.
And that would be a problem for translations when their Mythology is used. Would have to be translated into its original meaning, but then the translator would have to know the Mythology in the frist place to do so.
This is around the point when any translation gets hard

@Vexx, credit to you for picking a good example of this. :) (and it was related to star trek :p )

SpaceKnight
2006-07-05, 16:03
I'm chinese so I can read all "chinese" characters in japanese. And if it don't make sense then i just have to guess. So I can only read about 5% of japanese text.

-Nyu-
2006-07-05, 16:07
Sure. Plenty Kanji are the same in Chinese, Japanese..
Small question: Navel's next game will be Really? Really! with Kaede as protagonist?

What do you think about the idea of Navel to make two sequels to Shuffle! ?
Good idea or just cheap methode to make money?

Xellos-_^
2006-07-05, 16:13
Sure. Plenty Kanji are the same in Chinese, Japanese..
Small question: Navel's next game will be Really? Really! with Kaede as protagonist?

What do you think about the idea of Navel to make two sequels to Shuffle! ?
Good idea or just cheap methode to make money?

If the quality is good then it is a good idea. If the quality is bad then it is a cheap method to make more money.

radister
2006-07-05, 17:22
well, i'm looking forward to it.
it may be really bad, but i can't see navel doing it badly. i mean i was thinking how in the world they would make a second story arc for kaede and for the other two from the orginal game. i guess we just have to wait and see.

Skuilo
2006-07-05, 17:36
my language is spanish, and for me, learning english was as simple as watching a few V.O. movies and surfing the internet, but, when i think about how learning japanese (i don't want to depend on translation groups to be able to understand mangas and games) i just don't know how to start, english just....entered my head, but japanese, i have been watching anime almost every single day since beginning of 2005 and i just know a couple of words....so it's obvious that can't be learnt the same way that english. Then how...how did you, the ones who know to read (that's another thing, after learning japanese grammar, you have to start again to learn the kanjis....) started? buying "how to learn japanese" books? wathing movies 24/7? flying to japan and forbiding yourself to speak english...? how?

radister
2006-07-05, 17:58
well, i taught myself and man was it hard.
at first i didn't know where to start so i got a few books,” teach yourself Japanese script" and it didn't help one bit
so i looked online and didn't find anything till this site.
http://www.guidetojapanese.org/
after that site i know the grammar and most of the basics.
kanji came alot later, and isn't that hard.
http://www.csse.monash.edu.au/~jwb/wwwjdic.html
that’s a good reference site, when you combine both and also
http://www.jlpt-kanji.com/
then you can learn most of it.
However its alot of work and im sure there far easier ways then the way i learned. at the moment im read Japanese games then uses references to see if i got them right after reading them. i make mistake but i learn from them.

anyway, good luck on teaching your self japanese
and i am shocked you picked up english that fast!

~Daisuki~
2006-07-05, 19:12
well, i taught myself and man was it hard.
at first i didn't know where to start so i got a few books,” teach yourself Japanese script" and it didn't help one bit
so i looked online and didn't find anything till this site.
http://www.guidetojapanese.org/
after that site i know the grammar and most of the basics.
kanji came alot later, and isn't that hard.
http://www.csse.monash.edu.au/~jwb/wwwjdic.html
that’s a good reference site, when you combine both and also
http://www.jlpt-kanji.com/
then you can learn most of it.
However its alot of work and im sure there far easier ways then the way i learned. at the moment im read Japanese games then uses references to see if i got them right after reading them. i make mistake but i learn from them.

anyway, good luck on teaching your self japanese
and i am shocked you picked up english that fast!

thanks for that.. no better time to start than the present.. well done on teaching yourself.. i will prob end up having to have lessons.. anyway thanks for the links

Beker
2006-07-06, 04:14
Try to learn the basics of japanese then buy a japanese mmorpg like ffxi japanese version and get in some japanese LS.
When they find out that you are some foreigner trying to type japanese they will be curious and probably make a bit of fun with you but if they find out that you are serious about it most of them will gladly help you.

This is the way i have learnt english (with ultima online) and this is the way i m learning japanese now.
I m getting a lot of vocabulary this way .And although my grammar is far from perfect I can get myself understood easily most of the time and i actuallty have much less trouble to type or read japanese than some friends who actually take japanese lessons and started at about the same time as me with 2x 1.5h lesson a week.

The advantage of someone taking lessons is that they will probably speak much better than you but then you dont really need to speak with those games ;) .

~Daisuki~
2006-07-06, 04:58
speaking it would be more preffered to me than writing lol... so i guess thats no good 4 me

by the way does anyone know any model/figure sites as im wanting to buy a few lol

susanoo
2006-07-06, 22:35
well having mmorpg is a good idea for writing & reading lessons. But for speaking, I think if you're serious about learning you should master writing & reading 1st. Having an actual conversation either in writing & reading or speaking & hearing is the best way to learn some language. I learned english mostly by playing games. Either consoles or PCs. as for speaking, I never learned it but it just came out to me when I speak with ppl. speaking is basically "just-try-to-&-you'll-be-able-to" once you have mastered writings & readings. that's why I think you should master writings & readings 1st for learning any languages. but if you just want to speak then it's a different story....

*edit* I think the best way to buy a random figure/model is to check out your local store & find what you're interested in. having net shopping is way too expesive than just pick from local stores you know.

nolanvoid
2006-07-06, 23:31
Unless you buy from an anime dealer like myself, I open up boxes of figures and sell the figures individually, you spend a little more than if you were buying randomly, but you always get the one you want.

Vexx
2006-07-07, 00:27
hlj.com and cdjapan.co.jp are some decent sites to check out initially ... for the rarer stuff you have to go scrounging dark alleys... like ebay or nolanvoid here :)

~Daisuki~
2006-07-07, 06:03
i dont think where are any shops that sell anime models or anything related exept dvd like virgin and hmv.. lol i live in south wales (uk) so if i want anything ive got to have it shipped from japan or usa

Edit: i was thinking more shuffle models or Fate/stay night and maybe some other series but they are the main ones..

-Nyu-
2006-07-07, 09:03
And what do we learn? Make a huge merchandising onlineshop when you become a pensioner :D

kct
2006-07-07, 09:04
I hate buying random stuff. It's like hard to get what you want >.> .

Dask
2006-07-07, 11:55
For some reason the patch is no longer online, could i get it from someone here please??

Toxic
2006-07-07, 12:04
Don't bother. It's not the full patch.

-Nyu-
2006-07-07, 14:08
It's the alpha patch, but well, here you go:
http://www.8ung.at/chi-chan/ShufflePatch(0.0.3).rar

radister
2006-07-07, 15:00
Don't bother. It's not the full patch.
:confused:
ahh, are we trying to say the alpha patch is meaningless?
even if its not the full one, its still something thats better then nothing.
true its only the first 2 days but i think it nicer to know what happened in those two days then not. (and there was some rather funny events that took place in the second day);)

kct
2006-07-07, 16:02
Alpha stages of software is the first step.

Toxic
2006-07-07, 16:09
:confused:
ahh, are we trying to say the alpha patch is meaningless?
even if its not the full one, its still something thats better then nothing.
true its only the first 2 days but i think it nicer to know what happened in those two days then not. (and there was some rather funny events that took place in the second day);)
Well, I guess so. But two days really isn't much, and Heklin says they haven't even gotten through editing yet. Which means they are low quality.

~Daisuki~
2006-07-07, 16:29
it seemd fine 2 me lol maybe it will even convince some people to buy the game... worked with me

Toxic
2006-07-07, 16:37
Where the hell is the 1.1 patch? The link Heklin posted does not work, and I've tried a google search.

radister
2006-07-07, 18:17
can't you get the 1.1 updata patch from navel's website?
im sure that i was there once and may still be.
(note:- to the people who don't know the 1.1 patch from navel has nothing to do with heklins translation. the 1.1 patch is navels patch to fix a few bugs)

-Nyu-
2006-07-07, 18:28
Here is the 1.1 patch..
http://www.8ung.at/chi-chan/ShuffleUpdate(v.1.1).rar

Toxic
2006-07-07, 18:37
Radister: Yeah, I think the patch is there, but I don't know Japanese.

-Nyu-: Thanks.

Billhead
2006-07-07, 21:03
it seemd fine 2 me lol maybe it will even convince some people to buy the game... worked with me
Same here.

nolanvoid
2006-07-07, 22:20
I guess it's a fact, im officially a dark alley..
but a dark alley where you can buy buster swords and gunblades as well as cute plushes and yaoi manga

sadly I'm the guy who has to verify the "level" of yaoi-ness. and i jack up the price depending on ...extremeness.. but the fangirls still buy it up like candy... hot gay candy...

~Daisuki~
2006-07-08, 14:57
guys whats the cleanest and best painted type of models to buy.. pvc etc...

Vexx
2006-07-08, 15:19
Hard to say because I've seen terrible resin models, terrible pvc models --- you just have to either take a really close look at the pics and hope .. or go with companies that you know to have done good work in the past.

For Shuffle!, Atelier-Sai does pretty good work though I'm not fond of the poses and outfits they chose in some cases.

I'm going to put my Shuffle! figures up on Ebay as soon as I see the stocks empty at the usual sites (making room for other series).

-Nyu-
2006-07-08, 16:16
Honestly, I never bought a model because the thing I saw are so cheap..
Really good figures, dunno, I'll take a look when I'm in Japan next year.

~Daisuki~
2006-07-08, 17:50
Hard to say because I've seen terrible resin models, terrible pvc models --- you just have to either take a really close look at the pics and hope .. or go with companies that you know to have done good work in the past.

For Shuffle!, Atelier-Sai does pretty good work though I'm not fond of the poses and outfits they chose in some cases.

I'm going to put my Shuffle! figures up on Ebay as soon as I see the stocks empty at the usual sites (making room for other series).

pm me when there up and ill take a look at them

Potatochobit
2006-07-08, 19:57
u almost never can go wrong with goodsmile comany and max factory. PVC is the best material, its cheap, clean painted and lightweight. resin and polystone are only for kits if u like building them yourself and are heavy and can crack in shipment.

Atelier Sai seems to be making some good quality shuffle figures

go here and type shuffle in the search

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/

just make sure the kits are complete when u get them.

susanoo
2006-07-09, 00:10
I think pvc is the best for figurines. but to determine the quality I think the best way is to take a good look on the actual models. pictures may be able to fool your eyes you know. some people always take a picture from the best angle so all you can see is the figure's good points.

Smuffy
2006-07-09, 03:07
I'm sorry, I know this is kind of off-topic(what isn't past page 25?) but I registered for this thread, and my lazy butt has just finished reading it. That's 67 pages of which I remember very little. But I eagerly await the updates and have a question I probably shouldn't ask. I know it was recommended to use Crescentshop(by Heklin and a few others), but where can I find the game that won't require me to drop almost 200 dollars on a passport as proof of my adulthood? As much as I've had fun toying with the cracked copy, and as much as I Love the series, 300+ USD is a lot to pay for a game :( Thanks for the help, and thanks Heklin and crew for the work and the patience you've put into this/us. Now, back on/off topic. :D

~Daisuki~
2006-07-09, 07:49
himeyashop.com

Varion
2006-07-09, 09:52
But I eagerly await the updates and have a question I probably shouldn't ask. I know it was recommended to use Crescentshop(by Heklin and a few others), but where can I find the game that won't require me to drop almost 200 dollars on a passport as proof of my adulthood? As much as I've had fun toying with the cracked copy, and as much as I Love the series, 300+ USD is a lot to pay for a game :( Thanks for the help, and thanks Heklin and crew for the work and the patience you've put into this/us. Now, back on/off topic. :D

No, please do ask :p

Anyway, there's himeya or, if you'd rather pay less, go with PaletWeb.com (http://www.paletweb.com). Yeah, I know their site looks cheap, but their service is first class and they're cheaper than Himeya. Down the middle there's a hyperlink on "please contact us". Click that, put your name and email in and ask if they can get you Shuffle Standard Edition (if you want to include the amazon.co.jp for their convenience it's (open in new window and copy/paste) http://www.amazon.co.jp/exec/obidos/ASIN/B000BBEC98/249-5598123-0587536?val=authorized) and more than likely they'll be able to. You can choose from airmail or EMS shipping, airmail's a bit cheaper but doesn't have insurance (but has still always worked for me). Generally buying from them is the same with shipping as it is without on himeya, or often even cheaper, and you don't have to have a credit card :D That's where I buy all my Japanese games and they're yet to disappoint - might take a bit longer but that patch isn't coming any time in the next month so that shouldn't be an issue.

zio
2006-07-10, 01:27
Anyone play tick Tack in here and watch the CG part? in ect. where they have all the sex scene.

For some reason mined doesnt have text... Anyone have similar probablem?

Zelos_Zalis
2006-07-10, 03:02
can't say that I have, mine shows text fine. I didn't localize my os when I played. no point if I don't understand it either way.

-Nyu-
2006-07-10, 15:08
I'm sorry for this off-topic, but does anybody know what happens to the wind translation, I don't get it..

So, about 1 month left until this will open: www.visual-novels.net
Why do I know? I'm actually doing this site, xD

Sundae
2006-07-10, 23:17
what do you mean you don't get it ? I don't understand what you mean :eyebrow:
well, nnl will publish the patch to public at 23th July, in the mean time, only 'invited' people get the patch
and they put a ROFL quiz for those who can't have Wind
and you can always see the information at http://nnl1.com/

-Nyu-
2006-07-11, 00:36
Hmm, I must have overseen this date, well, thx for the info^^

~Daisuki~
2006-07-11, 09:41
i wonder if navel bodyguards have arrested heklin lol.. lets hope not or were gonna have to get him back :D

Furudanuki
2006-07-11, 12:12
i wonder if navel bodyguards have arrested heklin lol.. lets hope not or were gonna have to get him back :D
I'm worried that they may have hauled off ponydash as well. We haven't seen a post from him in a while, and Mayumi's story from S!OTS remains untold. :( Poor girl - she always gets left out or overlooked... ::sniffle::

-Nyu-
2006-07-11, 12:33
Ponydash is on a one month trip in the USA.
And Helkin, well don't want to talk about this topic, just leave him some time.

radister
2006-07-11, 15:55
ponydash went away? i didn't know that.
when he comes back we will have to ask him for the Mayumi route again ;)
and heklin will be back as soon as he fells alright. its only been about 2 and 1/2 weeks.
and nyu, great page to your site ;) its got a picture of the great Komaki Manaka from to-heart2 :D big toheart fan here so very happy.
looking forward to seeing your site up and running, good work :p
off topic
now i need rest, works been killing me slowly... like 12hrs a day shifts slowly...
(i think im going to put my hours down to about 30 a week and rest for a while after i get paid)
still off topic
after seeing nyu's website i have the felling to play toheart2 and wacth the anime
but i will have to remove some programs to have the room to install the game :p

kct
2006-07-11, 16:25
Yeah, I'm waiting for the site too...but by the time it launches I'm having the semester finals >.> .

Smuffy
2006-07-11, 19:13
No, please do ask :p

Anyway, there's himeya or, if you'd rather pay less, go with PaletWeb.com (http://www.paletweb.com). Yeah, I know their site looks cheap, but their service is first class and they're cheaper than Himeya. Down the middle there's a hyperlink on "please contact us". Click that, put your name and email in and ask if they can get you Shuffle Standard Edition (if you want to include the amazon.co.jp for their convenience it's (open in new window and copy/paste) http://www.amazon.co.jp/exec/obidos/ASIN/B000BBEC98/249-5598123-0587536?val=authorized) and more than likely they'll be able to. You can choose from airmail or EMS shipping, airmail's a bit cheaper but doesn't have insurance (but has still always worked for me). Generally buying from them is the same with shipping as it is without on himeya, or often even cheaper, and you don't have to have a credit card :D That's where I buy all my Japanese games and they're yet to disappoint - might take a bit longer but that patch isn't coming any time in the next month so that shouldn't be an issue.

Thank you! I'll try sending out emails this weekend to both and compare what they can do for me. Also, why the standard edition? Isn't there a newer version available? :confused:

i wonder if navel bodyguards have arrested heklin lol.. lets hope not or were gonna have to get him back

That I could actually be of help with. :D

Varion
2006-07-11, 21:38
Thank you! I'll try sending out emails this weekend to both and compare what they can do for me. Also, why the standard edition? Isn't there a newer version available? :confused

Standard Edition is the most recent version according to amazon.co.jp :) Well, other than the PS2 version On the Stage. In fact, Amazon don't list anything other than those two.

Zelos_Zalis
2006-07-12, 07:25
Mayumi's story from S!OTS remains untold. :( Poor girl - she always gets left out or overlooked... ::sniffle::

Agreed. :heh: and I would guess there wont be any re-releases of shuffle in japan for awhile, I'm sure navel has raped their wallets enough with the current versions out. I'd rather see them focus their attention to upcoming anyway (mainly R?R!) the only interest I'd have for a new shuffle release would be a tall order.

Shuffle on the stage PC Ero edition de-censored :heh:

animecrazy
2006-07-12, 11:28
Steal our Heklin!! noooooo!!
but Heklin is still not back yet?
i guess that means no new news on how the patch or the email he sent are doing..
oh well, guess we have to wait.
And also ponydash left us too!!
at least he enjoy himself in the USA while we sit here waiting for Mayumi's story...
let see he gone for a month:uhoh: ...thats another 3 weeks to wait:uhoh: ....darn!
(does anyone else have shuffle! on stage? that could tell us what happends?:confused: )

SpaceKnight
2006-07-12, 16:44
Offtopic: I'm too lazy to search this, so i'll just ask you ^^ What was the name of the song that Nerine used to sing?

Wrath88
2006-07-12, 16:55
You should be asking that in the Q&A section, but anyway, the answer is "In The Sky"

DragonSamurai55
2006-07-14, 12:39
Well, Ero signed in for a minute on the IRC channel to say that he'll be gone for a little while longer, don't worry everyone, he'll be back eventually.

~Daisuki~
2006-07-14, 13:30
im sorry but ero lol ?

-Nyu-
2006-07-14, 13:54
Well, I know who he means and there is only one possible person, so ;)
Ah and Dai, you have a pm ^^

~Daisuki~
2006-07-14, 16:19
Well, I know who he means and there is only one possible person, so ;)
Ah and Dai, you have a pm ^^

lol anyone care to fill me in here :P

-Nyu-
2006-07-14, 16:31
lol anyone care to fill me in here :P
Mataku, he's talking about Helkin^^
Hm, tomorrow I should get my Clannad Limited Edition, jepee *-*

~Daisuki~
2006-07-14, 16:42
Mataku, he's talking about Helkin^^
Hm, tomorrow I should get my Clannad Limited Edition, jepee *-*

lol aha heklin bk soon yay :D has the release date for realy! realy! been said yet btw..

zio
2006-07-14, 18:43
Humm.... anyone know where to wind translation i seen it around here somewhere.

Edit: I did some research and got to this site.
http://nnl1.com/wind/

but it seem to be down, anyone have the patch or know another source where i can download it, it would be great.
Thanks

Billhead
2006-07-14, 21:33
Read down some on http://www.nnl1.com to find out what is going on.

~Daisuki~
2006-07-15, 06:47
why are u asking about wind in a Shuffle translation topic.. there are wind topics about you know. even tho it looks like, this isnt a place to dump off topic msgs lol

zalas
2006-07-16, 02:42
At least it's pertinent to game translations, unlike some of the other detours in this thread :p

susanoo
2006-07-16, 09:35
At least it's pertinent to game translations, unlike some of the other detours in this thread :p

ah, for some reason I feel responsible for this....:(
Fine fine I'll just become a spectator from now on.......T_T

-Nyu-
2006-07-16, 10:42
Hmm?^^
Don't take zalas too serious ;) I'm sure he was also often interested in the off topic things, ne? :D

Rin-Sama
2006-07-16, 11:15
I just wanna ask. how far along have you guys gotten in translating the game?

bluemonq
2006-07-16, 22:59
I just wanna ask. how far along have you guys gotten in translating the game?
to be technical about it, *we* haven't translated a single thing. heklin and co. has the entire thing translated; it's a matter of getting all the details right. this here is more like a bunch of guys hanging around the fence with a few brews, watching the neighbor tackle the mother-of-all-lawns.

been gone for a while, coming back in as a break from drunk-driver issues as well. this entire "waaah-this-costs-too-much" vs. "don't even think about touching the patch unless you have a legit copy" has me thinking about something my friends and i used to do back in high school (not too long ago): the game library. simply put, the four of us would kick in $10 each. the bag man bought the game, played it, and passed it on. replay time was limited, so nobody bothered copying it. after everybody was done, if it was deemed worthy to be kept, the last player held on to it. otherwise, it was traded in to the local game store.

what do people think of this?

kct
2006-07-17, 02:12
Not everyone here does that, unfortunately.

Sundae
2006-07-17, 03:34
about the game library.....
more person involved = lower cost = 'item lost chance after finish playing' increase

~Daisuki~
2006-07-17, 05:17
its a good idea.. but if i buy visual novels its also about owning it not just playing it.. maybe just me but i like to have it on disk lol.. like collecting i suppose

-Nyu-
2006-07-17, 07:04
I'm collecting them too, especially the limited first press editions are often awesome (package is bigger, Artbook, Soundtrack) and everything looks just so nice.
But for standard editions, yeah, it's a good thing, but you'll first have to find someone who also plays these games. And that's not always easy.. (I myself don't know a single person in Germany who also likes visual novels).

bluemonq
2006-07-17, 12:00
about the game library.....
more person involved = lower cost = 'item lost chance after finish playing' increase
Well that's obviously true; this sort of thing only works for small groups. Perhaps I'm acting purely out of self-interest; I've yet to get my hands on a copy and probaly wouldn't do so until I knew approximately when the patch would be out. It's just after seeing so many people in the same boat that I recalled this solution. It handily gets around many problems: massive import taxes in some regions, content laws, etc.

And I understand the "adding to a collection" issue. This is more for people who became interested in the game after watching the anime, and would want a low-risk situation.

But for standard editions, yeah, it's a good thing, but you'll first have to find someone who also plays these games. And that's not always easy.. (I myself don't know a single person in Germany who also likes visual novels).
That's what airmail is for :) Shipping isn't all that bad for something like a dvd case.

kct
2006-07-17, 12:06
Obviously, but if you have seen some of our posts in the previous pages, shops do not ship to certain countries.

bluemonq
2006-07-17, 12:51
Obviously, but if you have seen some of our posts in the previous pages, shops do not ship to certain countries.
Read again, please. If you'd seen *my* previous posts (and believe me, I've read all of the twenty-something pages added since I was last here), you would understand Nyu in the context of the game library. We weren't talking about purchasing games from stores. Nyu was lamenting the fact that no one familiar in Germany liked VNs. Compared to the cost of buying and importing a VN, shipping games from country to countryas part of the game library concept makes financial sense.

If it *had* been about buying from stores, it would be illogical coming from Nyu, as Germany is a valid destination (last time I checked, at least) for at least some stores. My reply was specifically concerning a game library. Not stores. That's that.

kct
2006-07-17, 12:57
I know, but Malaysia is an INVALID destination for some stores (even HimeyaShop).

bluemonq
2006-07-17, 13:19
I know, but Malaysia is an INVALID destination for some stores (even HimeyaShop).
Which is why a game library (which is what I've been talking about the entire time) would be useful, as measures can be implemented to get around local restrictions.

Shii
2006-07-17, 13:59
HimeyaShop will still ship to you if you ask politely.

-Nyu-
2006-07-17, 14:56
I'm not sure, there are definetely some reasons for it.
I hate it, globalization where you look and they're not able to ship something to Malaysia; stupid world >.<

Vexx
2006-07-17, 15:21
Heh.. its because companies think "globalization" is only really intended for them. They're caught off-guard by the idea that "globalization" also applies to the consumers who now get pissed off over region codes, barriers to purchasing, and such. Unintended consequences...

-Nyu-
2006-07-18, 14:26
Unintended? Hmm, maybe, you never know for sure what this companies are doing ;)
Well, I'm happy today^^ Got Clannad Limited Edition and as extra a Clannad teaspoon set. Everything looks so nice *-*
About the game library: It's also the question of the shipping costs which are different in each country..

~Daisuki~
2006-07-18, 17:02
whats the most expencive country to ship to? i think uk is bad enough :P

Potatochobit
2006-07-18, 17:23
you can pay a license fee and download legitimate copies of some games from the peachprincess site. i dont know much about it, but this is one way u can get around shipping troubles. most expensive places to ship to are probably in africa or south america. most carriers wont ship packages there or offer no insurance.

~Daisuki~
2006-07-18, 19:40
you can pay a license fee and download legitimate copies of some games from the peachprincess site. i dont know much about it, but this is one way u can get around shipping troubles.

im against torrenting games but i would rather do that than pay to dl.. most ppl would i carnt see anyone paying to download.. one of the main reasons i pay is for the actual disk and it being a object u can touch lol.

kct
2006-07-18, 23:18
Not to mention you can at least appreaciate the package >.> .

-Nyu-
2006-07-19, 01:17
Oh yes, the package, I'll later post a picture of Clannad, then you'll know why ;)
I think Germany is not too expensive, I payed for a package to Australia 18 euro (under 10kg).

~Daisuki~
2006-07-19, 04:16
ill look forward to the pic :P is it english btw?

-Nyu-
2006-07-19, 07:42
Here is the main package (slipcase), front:
http://www.8ung.at/chi-chan/Clannad1.JPG

Here the back:
http://www.8ung.at/chi-chan/Clannad2.JPG

That's inside:
http://www.8ung.at/chi-chan/Clannad3.JPG

Inside the game box:
http://www.8ung.at/chi-chan/Clannad4.JPG

That's it. The game is of course in Japanese, I don't know about a translation project. There was one by indie, but it's stalled.
Ah yeah, this version is the first press limited edition.

kct
2006-07-19, 08:12
If the price of importing a game weren't so high (almost RM300+++, and that is not including 'additional' fees to convince Customs that it is for my own use and to give it to me if they were to seize it) I would have got an original version of something like Shuffle! or so on.

~Daisuki~
2006-07-19, 10:30
i wish i had original shuffle lol there realy should be more vn's released in english.. its a real real shame there arnt as id love to try most of the games and using hook on progs realy ruin the game for me

-Nyu-
2006-07-19, 10:40
There are some demos, my site which will launch soon will offer also all demos I'm able to find.

radister
2006-07-19, 10:57
its a real real shame there arnt as id love to try most of the games and using hook on progs realy ruin the game for me
i know what you mean,
when i first used a hook program it didn't all work to well, it was like i could get a vague idea whats going on but sometimes your not to sure and you tend to just get keypoints and miss out on whats really going on.

@Nyu nice clannad box prints ;)
and also what demos are you planning to offer?

zalas
2006-07-19, 14:57
Cute, didn't know Clannad (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clannad)'s arrange album was called Mabinogi (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mabinogi). They really must have found a soft spot for the British isles <_<;

-Nyu-
2006-07-19, 15:52
Jep zalas, think so too^^
@redister: Not sure yet. But I was able to get also some translated demos, so this will be even better^^ I'm currently checking the website's of the 20 biggest visual novel comapanies for download stuff. If you know the links to some demos, please tell them. A demo is a good way to prevent people from piracy (well, that's what I hope for).
But be honest, look at the Clannad pictures. It's really nice to have THAT^^

~Daisuki~
2006-07-20, 11:13
lol.. do you play it with hook progs or what?

Rin-Sama
2006-07-20, 11:30
well if the english patch is already finished where can i DL it from?

-Nyu-
2006-07-20, 11:30
The game? Jep, tough thing :D
Well, I'm still on Kanon atm^^ Air will be next. And then Clannad.
I wonder if Helkin is allright..
@Rin-Sama, not finished yet, there is just the demo patch, yet.

Toxic
2006-07-20, 12:24
Well, actually, it is "completed", they just have to do some editing. Although I probably shouldn't say "just" cause this is a very difficult part.

~Daisuki~
2006-07-20, 12:36
The game? Jep, tough thing :D

how can u enjoy a game playing it like that?? lol.. i realy wish i could

Vexx
2006-07-20, 13:23
"almost done" is a very misleading term in software projects and projects of this type. That last 10% can take longer than the first 90%.

Better to stop anticipating, go on with life, and then just be pleasantly surprised when it arrives.

susanoo
2006-07-21, 10:40
"almost done" is a very misleading term in software projects and projects of this type. That last 10% can take longer than the first 90%.

Better to stop anticipating, go on with life, and then just be pleasantly surprised when it arrives.

100% agree :D for something like this you better just pretend that you don't know anything. Be surprised when it's released is far better than getting mad from the long wait.

notes : I'll be moving to KL next week. I'm going to start college at limkokwing starting this year. So I'll say goodbye to my room nowT_T, to my model kits (since I'll only bring some)T_T. To my anime CD's (It's all downloaded copies. I'll go to jail if I bring it with me to singapore)T_T. To my PS2 CD's (the same with the animes)T_T. My friends T_T. & any other things hereT_T.

And say hello to a new home ^^, new PC ^^, new room^^, new friends, & many more new^^

~Daisuki~
2006-07-21, 15:05
offtopic: winds out sunday yay, lol well i thought it was sunday :)

-Nyu-
2006-07-21, 15:17
I'll be able to buy the game in 6 weeks and I have enough stuff to play before that ;)
@susanoo: Good luck to you!

Kainy
2006-07-22, 03:38
Is there some kind of mailing list type thing we can get on for when this is complete?

Playing the game would be very interesting...

kct
2006-07-22, 04:00
100% agree :D for something like this you better just pretend that you don't know anything. Be surprised when it's released is far better than getting mad from the long wait.

notes : I'll be moving to KL next week. I'm going to start college at limkokwing starting this year. So I'll say goodbye to my room nowT_T, to my model kits (since I'll only bring some)T_T. To my anime CD's (It's all downloaded copies. I'll go to jail if I bring it with me to singapore)T_T. To my PS2 CD's (the same with the animes)T_T. My friends T_T. & any other things hereT_T.

And say hello to a new home ^^, new PC ^^, new room^^, new friends, & many more new^^
I CAME. And no worries, there is some good model kit shops around KL ^_^.

* KLite here.

~Daisuki~
2006-07-22, 04:12
Is there some kind of mailing list type thing we can get on for when this is complete?

Playing the game would be very interesting...

as far as i know its being released sunday/monday and it will be on www.nnl1.com/wind so keep your eyes open

susanoo
2006-07-22, 05:01
I CAME. And no worries, there is some good model kit shops around KL ^_^.

* KLite here.

what's the "I CAME" means??? dun get it -_- sorry I'm dumb. where do u live anyway??? KL is too far from cyberjaya to reach:heh: dun think I'll be going to KL often.

kct
2006-07-22, 06:53
Means I come to the thread >.> .

I live in the central part of KL.

Meh I got a friend studying there (who is also into animes and Gundams). Just be careful and don't get influenced by the bad apples there >.> .

SnakeLegend
2006-07-22, 09:31
Here is the main package (slipcase), front:
http://www.8ung.at/chi-chan/Clannad1.JPG

Here the back:
http://www.8ung.at/chi-chan/Clannad2.JPG

That's inside:
http://www.8ung.at/chi-chan/Clannad3.JPG

Inside the game box:
http://www.8ung.at/chi-chan/Clannad4.JPG

That's it. The game is of course in Japanese, I don't know about a translation project. There was one by indie, but it's stalled.
Ah yeah, this version is the first press limited edition.
game looked pretty sweet, anywhere to find them? singapore here~

susanoo
2006-07-22, 10:25
Means I come to the thread >.> .

I live in the central part of KL.

Meh I got a friend studying there (who is also into animes and Gundams). Just be careful and don't get influenced by the bad apples there >.> .

what bad apples??? got scared here -_- that sure creeps me up.

-Nyu-
2006-07-22, 11:09
game looked pretty sweet, anywhere to find them? singapore here~

Well, I bought it through Crescent shop: http://www.crescent-shop.com/
Note: This is the limited edition which is sold out. So the only way to get it are sites like Crescent. Otherwise You'll only be able to get the standard edition:
http://www.himeyashop.com/product_info.php/products_id/200

kct
2006-07-22, 11:22
what bad apples??? got scared here -_- that sure creeps me up.
I heard there is some rich kids wasting their time there >.> . Not meant to offend anyone though.

Anyways enjoy your stay ni Kay-El soon!

radister
2006-07-22, 17:31
Darn,got paid yestoday and i was going to buy clannad after seeing those great shots by Nyu,
but after i paid my rent and buy food, plus a few items from the local art shop that i think has incressed there prices only on the items i buy.
im poor again, :(
guess i'll have to wait another month..
at least i can scrap up the money to buy a few manga downtown tomorrow. ;)

zio
2006-07-22, 23:55
If you guy havent knowtice goggle have a text and site tranlation program, which is useful for translating japanese text and site. It is still in BETA for Japanese to English Through.
http://www.google.com/language_tools
Hopefully this might help u guy who are interested in helping with game translation.

Check Out Some Translate Site using Google Translation.

http://translate.google.com/translate?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.project-navel.com%2F&langpair=ja%7Cen&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&prev=%2Flanguage_tools

http://translate.google.com/translate?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.getchu.com%2Ftop.html&langpair=ja%7Cen&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&prev=%2Flanguage_tools

http://translate.google.com/translate?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.sp-janis.com%2Findex2.shtml&langpair=ja%7Cen&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&prev=%2Flanguage_tools

EdenB
2006-07-24, 07:44
If you guy havent knowtice goggle have a text and site tranlation program, which is useful for translating japanese text and site. It is still in BETA for Japanese to English Through.
http://www.google.com/language_tools
Hopefully this might help u guy who are interested in helping with game translation.

The problem with these are they tend to make little sense, have inaccurate translation sometimes and sometimes not translate at all.

It's occasionally good enough for a very text-light webpage though.

Vexx
2006-07-24, 11:07
One of the biggest ways to "waste time" on the Internet is to use Babel Fish (Alta Vista) or Google's translate tools and to do something like English->Japanese->German->Chinese->Italian->Korean->English with a bit of text (preferably with some metaphorical language). The results are usually amusing.
Actually.. just English->Japanese->English usually gets something amusing.

I sometimes use the JP->EN translation for webpages... but many Japanese websites are overly entranced with putting text into images so the translation tool can't touch them. They also are too frequently "microsoft IE-crippled" (i.e. use too many "microsoft-only" web "features") so for those of us who have a fscking clue about security (rule 1: don't use IE) it can be annoying.

Browsing the thread, I'm not seeing any updates in quite a while on the translation patch. Anyone have an update?

-Nyu-
2006-07-24, 13:10
No. You know in what situation Helkin is. We just have to wait until he returns.

blitz1/2
2006-07-24, 13:12
I'm curious, but what is the name of the OP of the Shuffle game?

Vexx
2006-07-24, 13:28
yeah, I remember Heklin's situation.... but my understanding was that the majority of remaining work was in the hands of the other hobbyists (final edit, etc). I guess they channel all their progress reports through Heklin.

(Thats why I'm liking the wiki project for SHnY novel translation project. I can see whats going on from day to day and who's doing what even if the "program managers" are away)

-Nyu-
2006-07-24, 14:29
Yeah, sure, but I don't know if some of the other translators aren't also Helkin's friends.
Well, we've waited already a long time, what is one month more?^^

Thats why I'm liking the wiki project for SHnY novel translation project. I can see whats going on from day to day and who's doing what even if the "program managers" are away.
Yeah, that's a fine thing. But you know: It's much more difficult to make something like that with a game. Reason: You have a book: 500 pages. 50pages are 10% and that's it. A game: Tranlation, source code, editing. It's impossible to give exact information data here. Or it's very complicated.
Edit: Just a small update about my visual-novels site: It's going on, I'm currently checking all information sources. The design isn't also finished yet.

Shiroth
2006-07-24, 14:37
I'm curious, but what is the name of the OP of the Shuffle game?
Mirage Lullaby, by Yuria.

Vexx
2006-07-24, 14:53
I should qualify that I've done or been in charge of a lot of software and systems projects in my career, many of much larger scope than this and it didn't take very much time to work out a reporting scheme that really reduced the amount of "whats going on?" that came not only from the "customer" or the management but even the players within the project. It reduced the "not knowing" stress a lot even if there was no progress for eons.
So.. actually I know *exactly* what it takes to keep status on such things without taking a lot of time to gather it.

I'm not impatient... if we're here at the same spot next year thats fine. If they shelve the project for a year, thats fine. If they drop the project completely for lack of time thats fine (though many would be sad). Its their hobby after all :)

-Nyu-
2006-07-24, 14:59
Jep, it's their hobby^^ Don't expect them to know things like you, they're no programmers after all :D

coldness
2006-07-24, 17:09
wat if i may ask is SHnY?

Arimfe
2006-07-24, 17:15
wat if i may ask is SHnY?
SHnY= Haruhi
http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=52

Eddi
2006-07-25, 15:56
Hi all i just found out about Shuffle a week ago when i saw all the Anime episodes and to tell you the truth that is the best anime i have seen its kinda anoying than there was only 24 episodesbut i enjoyed ewery single episode. I have read whole this post and it took me a while almoust a day becouse i am kinda slow reader i also got the Shuffle game and its not bad but in mine case i liked more the Anime episodes story wa nice and there wasent any hentai so it was kinda intresting:cool:

-Nyu-
2006-07-25, 16:15
Well, first welcome to the secret Shuffle! thread. No wait, the fantastic Shuffle thread.
Almost^^
Lets call it the Shuffle Thread you can talk about Shuffle! plus other things :D

I don't really care about the hentai scenes in the game. There're less and and also censored, so it's ok. And I never had the feeling, that the hentai destroys the atmosphere in the game. Also Shuffle! is an eroge-game after all.
There is MUCH more hentai in Tick! Tack!. It's a sequel to Shuffle:
http://www.himeyashop.com/product_info.php/products_id/2741

radister
2006-07-25, 16:47
Well, first welcome to the secret Shuffle! thread. No wait, the fantastic Shuffle thread.

the secret shuffle! thread...
i like the sound of that! ;)

wait a second....
ahhh people know about it! :uhoh:
noo, now its just the shuffle thread :(
Hi all i just found out about Shuffle a week ago when i saw all the Anime episodes and to tell you the truth that is the best anime i have seen its kinda anoying than there was only 24 episodesbut i enjoyed ewery single episode.
anyway, welcome Eddi :p
may you find happiness in shuffle, or some other noble saying along those lines.

Sundae
2006-07-26, 07:51
Secret Secret Shuffle! Club ? *shrug* :D

well, welcome Eddi, hope that you'll have a good time here
no progress on the game, huh ? and nnl haven't upload their translation on wind, yet....
guess I'll just stick to watching anime while waiting for Disgaea 2 ~_~

~Daisuki~
2006-07-26, 08:44
nnl haven't upload their translation on wind, yet....

end of the month tho ^_^ just hope parcel force dont hold my copy forever -_-

radister
2006-07-27, 12:10
oh yeah, i forgot about wind
(some many other things i my mind it just sliped right by)
i really should order a copy of the game, but i think i'll wait till the patch is out first. i don't want to buy the game then right after they say they changed there mind again.

-Nyu-
2006-07-27, 13:34
I need my whole money for the drivers license, and next month I need it for a new e-guitar plus some computer upgrades, so I'll be able to order the game in 2 months or so^^
Well, I have enough games to play^^

Zelos_Zalis
2006-07-27, 15:32
While I never believe in having enough games to play I do understand needing money for other things, with one less roomate I'm going to have to catch up bills before I can think of getting more games :heh: hopefully I can soon, I am comming so close to completing some of my collections.

Sundae
2006-07-28, 05:23
well, I still can't made up my mind whether I'll buy Disgaea 2 + Valkyrie Profile Silmeria or Wind
considering I'll have 2 games instead of one, I'm sure I'll pick the first choice... but....
anyone knows whether Wind will worth replacing those two game ? (and also considering the time factor, because Wind is available now, which Disgaea in late August and Silmeria in September)

-Nyu-
2006-07-28, 06:39
Plus there'll be also the translation patch for Wind soon.
I'd pick Wind.

Zelos_Zalis
2006-07-28, 07:29
well, I still can't made up my mind whether I'll buy Disgaea 2 + Valkyrie Profile Silmeria or Wind
considering I'll have 2 games instead of one, I'm sure I'll pick the first choice... but....
anyone knows whether Wind will worth replacing those two game ? (and also considering the time factor, because Wind is available now, which Disgaea in late August and Silmeria in September)

Thats really your decision, but if you are looking to play something sooner wind is out like you said while you are in wait for the other two. I know I'd personaly go with the console games in the end because thats just how I am. (750+ game spanning atari 2600 on and growing....) but that isn't everyone :heh:

~Daisuki~
2006-07-28, 08:16
my wind copy came today :P and id pick wind as the patch is out the end of this month lol

susanoo
2006-07-28, 11:46

I'll definitely pick silmeria & disgaea2.:D
I dun really into disgaea2 but silmeria is worth waiting. Plus I heard tales of abyss english is going to be released between august/september? Anyone know this? fill me up pls.:D

EdenB
2006-07-28, 22:33
Slightly OT, but does anyone know if the rerelease of Wind will work with the patch? Meaning this one (http://www.himeyashop.com/product_info.php/products_id/565). Wind -a breath of heart- Re: gratitude.

The page for the Wind translation project seems to of been down for quite a while, so I can't check there to see if it says.

Slightly more on topic, still looking forward to the Shuffle patch. Mostly to find out Primula's story since it seemed not touched on much compared to the others.

Sundae
2006-07-29, 00:24
I thought the patch is EXACTLY for that version wind ? the re:gratitude one (a.k.a DVD version) ?
I don't think shuffle patch will be out this year... well, maybe just me...

about VP:Silmeria+Disgaea2 vs Wind, arigatou minna-san, but something just came up in the real world which will make me busy until late August, so I'll choose the console one ^^

relentlessflame
2006-07-29, 02:33
I thought the patch is EXACTLY for that version wind ? the re:gratitude one (a.k.a DVD version) ?Off-topic of course, but yes, that's absolutely right. That is the version of Wind to get if you want to use the patch.

-Nyu-
2006-07-29, 03:34
Jep. Re gratitude is just a reprint. The first version was CD. Now it's DVD.
I don't know about any major changes. I checked the website but couldn't find any information. Hmm, but it seems the OPs are different.

radister
2006-07-29, 17:05
i know people are saying wind translation comes out at the end of the month, but where did you find this information? i been reading what i can find and the best i could find said 3 weeks from near the end of june. so where did you find the end of july stuff?

-Nyu-
2006-07-29, 17:37
Site of subbers: http://nnl1.com/

Information source for visual-novel translations: http://www.shii.org/translate/

~Daisuki~
2006-07-29, 17:48
Site of subbers: http://nnl1.com/

Information source for visual-novel translations: http://www.shii.org/translate/

The reports are in for the Wind patch, and the legit players found approximately 350 errors. We'll have the public build out before the month is up!

lol its not exactly the last place ud expect it 2 be is it :P

-Nyu-
2006-07-30, 03:13
Yeah, :D
Well, if he asked for it ;)

radister
2006-07-30, 03:31
oh yeah,
don't know how i missed that.

Chiisa
2006-07-30, 19:17
I know I'm such a pain to ask this but would someone be able to give me the links for the Shuffle translation patches that are available?
Pretty please? :3

EdenB
2006-07-30, 19:27
I know I'm such a pain to ask this but would someone be able to give me the links for the Shuffle translation patches that are available?
Pretty please? :3

Alpha patch with the first two days is here (http://www.shii.org/translate/shuffle/).

Warning: Patch may make addict you to Shuffle the Game and die slowly when learning it suddenly stops being English.

On a side-note, being the 31st of the month the Wind translation should be out fairly soon hopefully. They said it'd be out before the month is up, but I wonder if that'll be the errors fixed version since they mentioned 350 errors were found or just the previous version.

-Nyu-
2006-07-31, 01:16
Helkin's Server is down..
Here you go Chiisa (my own Server):
http://www.8ung.at/chi-chan/ShufflePatch(0.0.3).rar

Chiisa
2006-07-31, 01:44
Thankyou very much Nyu ^_^

-Nyu-
2006-07-31, 06:51
You are welcome^^
Anybody heard something from Helkin?
Ah, and one small question: Could somebody please write me a pm how to use IRC?

~Daisuki~
2006-07-31, 08:09
whats the IRC channel?

Billhead
2006-07-31, 09:17
#gamepatch on irc.rizon.net (irc://irc.rizon.net/gamepatch)

-Nyu-
2006-07-31, 16:29
Well, I just made an own irc channel, but not @ rizon.
I prefer German servers after all ;)
The whole thing is still pretty confusing for me..

radister
2006-08-01, 06:17
irc... i used that once but then i got lost.
it was too much for me.:heh:

on a diffrent note, so the wind translation will be out soon, they saying it will only be a bit longer.

~Daisuki~
2006-08-01, 06:35
lol nnl have never been spot on with dates have they :P

Zelos_Zalis
2006-08-01, 07:23
@nyu its a shame its not on the rizon servers, I pretty much live there :heh: but I understand you wanting a more close to home server :)

irc isn't really all that difficult it just looks it. no matter what server you are trying to connect to the command is always /server like so

/server irc.rizon.net (just an example)

to start your own channel (chatroom) you basicaly request the server for the channel to be made, it differs from server to server but usually goes along the lines of

/chanserv register #mychan (your email) (the password of the channel) (a brief desc of what the channel is for people to look at when they lookup your channel)

that will create the channel and give you admister level status in the channel.
I would have for example made the channel #mychan on the server irc.rizon.net
note that every room name must begin with #, common knowledge but I'd thought I'd note it.

for those want to get to the channel just join the server it is on, and the command is /join for example

/join #mychan

hope this helps and if anymore detailed info is wanted I'll be glad to give it :D

-Nyu-
2006-08-01, 07:57
Yeah, one of my friends is working for Xerox, he's also a programmer.
He told me exactly what I have to do ;)
So now I made a channel for my upcoming website :)
#visual-novels.net @ animeIRCnet :D
Well, the whole thing is just not that easy, especially if you are used to programms like ICQ.
Helkin is also using IRC, am I right?

Vexx
2006-08-01, 13:40
IRC is just one of the oldest forms of "chat", predating the Web (in the non-graphical Internet times). If you can handle MMO chat (like in WoW or Everquest) it isn't too hard to figure out. If you're using windows mIRC is about the easiest .... many people like BitchX (works on multiple operating systems).

Vibeke
2006-08-01, 15:52
Ok, maybe my question is a little OT but anyway: which are by far the best anime games (h or visual novels) which were made into english ( I mean officialy, by the american companies)? Well recently I have some money to spend and I was wondering what to buy :D

-Nyu-
2006-08-01, 15:56
Officialy? Good question!
I myself only know the fan translators, but no official companies ( I remember also a discussion we had some time ago about such things being unprofitable for these companies).

Vibeke
2006-08-01, 16:16
Well...the only thing that interests me (for now) is http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hourglass_of_Summer
I also found some h-games, but most of them don't have a deep polt if you know what I mean :rolleyes: :p

Billhead
2006-08-01, 17:28
I've never played it, but I've only heard good feedback on Ever17.

EdenB
2006-08-01, 18:23
Ok, maybe my question is a little OT but anyway: which are by far the best anime games (h or visual novels) which were made into english

Kana ~ Little Sister is a slightly controversal but more story based title if I recall correctly. It does have H-scenes though and some dislike the art style overall.

Cresendo was also a good story based one. Also with H-scenes.

Both are translated into English by G-Collections and can be selected on the left hand bar of the following website.

Heart De Roommate is also sold there, which isn't exactly a great work of romance and drama, but it did make me laugh quite a lot.

http://www.g-collections.com/

Heard good things about Ever17 repeatedly, but not played it. That's non-h and story based fortunately. Hirameki (http://direct.hirameki-int.com/) have a special on that you get a AnimePlay DVD free with it if you buy before August ends, but I keep hearing that the AnimePlay DVDs freeze, or load slowly. Ai Yori Aoshi also comes with a free DVD game and seems good from the small demo.

-Nyu-
2006-08-02, 10:06
I'll offer a demo of ever17, but it's still some time until my site will be up.

radister
2006-08-02, 10:48
i really should play that game...
oh well. anyone heard anything from heklin? not that i want to know about the translation and i know why hes away and everything just that we haven't heard from him a bit over a month so i was just wondering how he was.

-Nyu-
2006-08-02, 11:30
Well, I've already asked that question too, but it seems there's currently nobody who knows Helkin reading this thread. I just hope, that he's fine, especially after such a tragedy. So don't worry, he'll come back for sure, it doesn't help to ask for him since he currently doesn't use the forum.
So we just have to be patient and wait.

If you'd like, I can already upload the ever17 demo on my server and post the link here; if someone's interested. For operators: The demo is from the company, so it's nothing illegal ;)

Sundae
2006-08-02, 11:48
Are demos ever illegal ? :D

helkin ? still in this world, that's for sure ! Sorry, no one knows where he is, what he's doing, why he disappear, right now

btw, 'Private Nurse' has some interesting and touching story ;_;
and I've heard 'Phantom of Inferno' is another game to try (haven't played it yet)

EdenB
2006-08-02, 12:45
If you'd like, I can already upload the ever17 demo on my server and post the link here; if someone's interested. For operators: The demo is from the company, so it's nothing illegal ;)

That isn't really necessary, since we can just link him to the demo itself from Hirameki. :p

The webpage it comes from is here (http://www.hirameki-int.com/appc/download/index.html#e17) and this (http://ftp1.gmsnet.com/hirameki/ever17PC_trial.exe) is the link to the demo itself for Ever 17.

The same webpage also listed This Ai Yori Aoshi demo (http://ftp1.gmsnet.com/hirameki/aiaoPC_trial.exe) too if you're interested.

I remember playing a bit of Private Nurse which someone mentioned, it did seem okay but I never got into it.

ashburn98
2006-08-02, 12:54
Kana ~ Little Sister is a slightly controversal but more story based title if I recall correctly. It does have H-scenes though and some dislike the art style overall.

Cresendo was also a good story based one. Also with H-scenes.

Both are translated into English by G-Collections and can be selected on the left hand bar of the following website.

Heart De Roommate is also sold there, which isn't exactly a great work of romance and drama, but it did make me laugh quite a lot.

Kana Little Sister - If you are purhasing English H game for the first time, there's no better title to start off your collection. Cresendo, Heart De Roommate, Private Nurse are great too (played all of them), but if you haven't played Kana yet, you shouldn't miss it.

-Nyu-
2006-08-02, 12:58
Well, I have to upload it so or so. I actually have 4gb of visual-novel demos to upload :D

2006-08-02, 14:41
Ever17 is just damn good. I've played quite a few of visual novels, and out of all of them, translated or not, Ever17 is the best by a decent margin. It just gets you hooked.

radister
2006-08-03, 03:41
well i played the demo of ever17, and may i say that was one good demo, i must have that game!
nooo! hirameki is sold out :(, drats now i'll have to find someother place to buy it.

okay i just realised that i have no idea were to look..
any ideas? or do i have to wait for hirameki to get more copys?

~Daisuki~
2006-08-03, 06:07
im thinking about buying Ai Yori Aoshi and ever 17.. ever 17 im deff going to buy but whats Ai Yori Aoshi like? anyone played it?

EdenB
2006-08-03, 09:11
im thinking about buying Ai Yori Aoshi and ever 17.. ever 17 im deff going to buy but whats Ai Yori Aoshi like? anyone played it?

I'd suggest downloading the demo and seeing for yourself, though it's quite a short demo.

~Daisuki~
2006-08-03, 10:50
wow thats the shortest demo ever lol.. is it actualy multiple ending tho as it seems abit one sided?

EdenB
2006-08-03, 12:31
wow thats the shortest demo ever lol.. is it actualy multiple ending tho as it seems abit one sided?

No idea, but if you find out let me know. ^^; I vaguely remember trying to find out before and not finding a thing.

-Nyu-
2006-08-03, 12:35
No idea, but if you find out let me know. ^^; I vaguely remember trying to find out before and not finding a thing.

Ähm, what do you mean by that?^^
Besides, I can also upload the Ai Yori Aoshi demo if you can't find it, xD

radister
2006-08-03, 13:02
the ai yori aoshi demo is very short indeed.
only last about a few miniutes.
about the multiple endings.. well, i started to look up online and i found this.
http://community.hirameki-int.com/modules/bluesbb/topic.php?top=9
at one point on the page, someone says there is only one endding, sorry Daisuki :(

@nyu, i think he was talking about that if Daisuki gets the game can he tell him if there multiple enddings. becuase Eden looked once and couldn't find anything on if there was or wasn't (hope that helps)

~Daisuki~
2006-08-03, 13:19
ahh ow well thats a shame.. ow well saves me money lol.. ill just get ever 17 and hourglass of summer then

EdenB
2006-08-03, 13:25
Ähm, what do you mean by that?^^
Besides, I can also upload the Ai Yori Aoshi demo if you can't find it, xD

As radister said, I was saying to let me know if he finds if there's one ending or many. It seems there's only one unfortunately (pity, I wanted to see the clumsy maid girl's end Mayu's ending).

And the Ai Yori Aoshi demo has already been linked in this thread, as well as the Ever 17 one. Just a few posts up.

-Nyu-
2006-08-03, 13:32
Ah, schipai schipai^^
Then it's fine. Hehe if you'd know what demos I'm going to offer, *G* :D

radister
2006-08-03, 13:41
ahh ow well thats a shame.. ow well saves me money lol.. ill just get ever 17 and hourglass of summer then
i was considering pick those two up as well, (once ever17 comes back in stock.)
however becuase of my lack of Patient i'll most likly end up buying them some where else and spend more money :(
darn! i shouldn't have played that demo of ever17 then i would be in this long wait :heh:

-Nyu-
2006-08-03, 14:54
Hehe, you sure have money *-* Joke, don't want to say how much I've already payed for visual novels.
Hope really Helkin comes back soon, we're currenty so much off-topic, oh dear..^^
Ah, and since we're off topic :D, one little question:
What are the best manufacturers of pvc figures and where can I buy them? (credit card paying is no problem)

~Daisuki~
2006-08-03, 15:35
If you want models best check these sites
http://www.tisinc99.com/
http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/

those to are my fav and have the best choice ive seen so far.. also check ebay as u sometimes get a bargain :P

Also soon as heklins bk everything will go bk 2 shuffle im sure :P were just having a break like he is :P

animecrazy
2006-08-04, 11:14
Also soon as heklins bk everything will go bk 2 shuffle im sure :P were just having a break like he is :Pwe been offtopic for so long i even forgot what we were talking about:heh: (joke)
oh if you are thinking about buying ever17 please do, its a great game :D
well im off to hide again for a few more weeks (i found a nice little cave that suits me well:D )

Vexx
2006-08-04, 11:37
Just a note: I've tried to order twice from tsinc only to be told afterwards the item "wasn't actually in stock" even though it was currently listed as being so.
I'd had the same problem with yesasia.com
Other sites to try for figures are cdjapan.co.jp (they do pre-orders only), www.hlj.com, occasionally www.amazon.co.jp and animaxis.com
I've not had any problem with those sites (though watch the shipping cost from amazon.co.jp - they tend to run high).

-Nyu-
2006-08-04, 12:03
Thank you! The problem I have are the manufacturers: Which are good??

~Daisuki~
2006-08-04, 14:53
we been offtopic for so long i even forgot what we were talking about:heh: (joke)
oh if you are thinking about buying ever17 please do, its a great game :D
well im off to hide again for a few more weeks (i found a nice little cave that suits me well:D )

ive just orderd it hehe :) and yes ut was been offtopic for a rather long time lol.. but atleast we still come here with shuffle on the mind or with intentions of reading something shuffle related lol

radister
2006-08-05, 08:57
i ordered my copy, i counldn't wait for it to come back in stock, (i need to learn to wait) now all i have to do is wait for it to turn up.....:uhoh: ......... darn, theres nothing i can do to speed this step up..... i dislike waitting....:( lol

look on the bright side, at least we are staying near visual novels and not going off to talk about something random that has nothing to do with shuffle, visual novels, translations or even anime..:D

-Nyu-
2006-08-05, 10:43
Where did you order it?
Himeya -> don't have it
Amazon -> don't ship to Germany

radister
2006-08-05, 11:33
i ordered the english version of ever17 from Jlist
im not to fond of Jlist, but a friend told me that they would 100% have it in stock (don't know how anyone could know something like that) so i ordered it from there and they shipped it today.

~Daisuki~
2006-08-05, 15:03
hirameki-int.com thats whare i orderd mine from comes with a play-dvd of your choice to lol

-Nyu-
2006-08-05, 15:23
Ever 17 is sold out ;) Jlist then I guess.

EdenB
2006-08-05, 15:57
hirameki-int.com thats whare i orderd mine from comes with a play-dvd of your choice to lol

How did you manage that? O.o

Your location says UK and the game listing specifically says U.S. and Canada only. Is there some way around it?

idofgrahf
2006-08-05, 23:50
I got mine off of ebay for around 25 bucks brandnew.

~Daisuki~
2006-08-06, 07:06
How did you manage that? O.o

Your location says UK and the game listing specifically says U.S. and Canada only. Is there some way around it?

email them and they will ship lol :P

ponydash
2006-08-06, 09:13
I'm very sorry for going REALLY off topic, but I'd like to say a big congratulations to Jenson Button for winning his first grand prix!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

On an on-topic note, I'll be back in England on Wednesday, so I'll try to start Mayumi's walkthrough ASAP. Thanx to everyone for waiting patiently.

bobmarleypeople
2006-08-06, 09:35
I'm back (though not many people will care:( ). Just read through about 300 posts that were made since i was last here and the patch only progressed 0.0.1 of a version. I finally got the standard version of Shuffle! 2 days ago:D . In fact, that's a good point. What's the difference between the different versions? From what I can make out on the Navel website, there's the standard edition, the normal edition (very helpful) which are both on DVD-ROMs, and a limited edition version which is on 3 CD-ROMs. They are all priced the same at \9,240 (damn. this forum won't let me put a yen sign in). Anyways, -Nyu-, good luck getting the translation finished. You have a lot of people expecting great things. Now I'm going to try and apply 0.0.3 and hope my computer doesn't explode (again).

There is MUCH more hentai in Tick! Tack!. It's a sequel to Shuffle:
http://www.himeyashop.com/product_info.php/products_id/2741
Well here's some news. there's apparently a patch for that in the making as well! I haven't got the game though but I'm keeping my eyes peeled.

-Nyu-
2006-08-06, 10:01
Sure, Helkin is translating Tick! Tack! ;)
And Helkin is also doing Shuffle!
You are mixing up things ;) I just host the current patches and updates because Helkins server is down.

radister
2006-08-06, 12:43
email them and they will ship lol :P
Darn, why wasn't i that smart:heh:
oh well, i order mine now anyway and its on route :p

ponydash its good to hear from you after so long :D
i know you may not check the forums till you get home, but how was your trip?

bobmarleypeople
2006-08-06, 13:28
Sure, Helkin is translating Tick! Tack! ;)
And Helkin is also doing Shuffle!
You are mixing up things ;) I just host the current patches and updates because Helkins server is down.

Ah. Sorry about that. I got COMPLETELY mixed up. Well, just applied the 0.0.3 patch on my for-experimental-stuff-in-case-of-explosion computer in the loft and it looks ok, for some reason there's a u at the start and a v at the end of a box of dialogue and the words sometimes overlap, but other than that, it's good. Can't wait till the next version ^_^

-Nyu-
2006-08-06, 13:55
You have to change the language for non unicode programs into Japanese.
Just look after system settings->regional settings

bobmarleypeople
2006-08-07, 05:22
yup. that works. But for after the english part runs out, I decided to go back to the gobledigook as it's easier to recognise when a character is being talked about. For example, on mine, Kaede is registered as - and the girl with the grey hair (whose name I hae forgotten) is f| all I need is a pen and paper, note down the charcaters and select that one in the choises.

coldness
2006-08-07, 21:18
i would say that figures of happiness is actually a pretty good game as well. it had a good story to me, if you play through it all, especially minamo's.

Wrath88
2006-08-07, 23:29
i would say that figures of happiness is actually a pretty good game as well. it had a good story to me, if you play through it all, especially minamo's.
Seconded. That game is great.

Did anyone have some error with the alpha patch when it reaches a certain point in the game?

-Nyu-
2006-08-08, 00:13
Yeah, I had to copy one file from the update into the Shuffle Folder. He just told me file*** is missing. It vanished after I copied it. Don't ask what my Standard edition is doing, maybe it's my pc.. (should reinstall Windows)

Cloudnine
2006-08-08, 00:13
I finally got the standard version of Shuffle! 2 days ago:D . In fact, that's a good point. What's the difference between the different versions? From what I can make out on the Navel website, there's the standard edition, the normal edition (very helpful) which are both on DVD-ROMs, and a limited edition version which is on 3 CD-ROMs.
"Limited edition" usually have different packaging material and some omake stuff like figures, posters, character cds, etc. The limited edition was released first to fulfill preorders. The standard edition is usually released afterward.

( ´・ω・)/