PDA

View Full Version : Code Geass - Music Discussion (OP/ED & OST, etc.)

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

mr.questionguy
2008-09-06, 11:22
we had a lot of songs from R1 being released already, with so little eps to go I doubt that they would exclude it I'm sure it'll be on OST4

thanks for refilling my hope,u DO have a point! :)

scifijimmy
2008-09-06, 21:05
In listening the song available in the disc in Code Geass part 1 LE, I realized which pieces I recognized such as "All Hail Britannia" is only struck when we see Charles.

incorrupts
2008-09-07, 08:37
You guys does anyone know the track that played during Suzaku+Bismarck's fight? {i think it played in the end of 19 as well, when Lulu went onto that monologue after Rolo'd death.}
Thanks in advance.

TheDisruptiveOne
2008-09-07, 08:48
Was that Lullaby of M during the Kallen scene?

lovecakecookies
2008-09-07, 09:00
Yes it is.

And there are the lyrics

It fits well...pretty romantic song ^_^

Are you sure that was playing during the scene? This song sounds more like a maternal song to me than romantic.. :confused:

Narona
2008-09-07, 09:01
Are you sure that was playing during the scene? This song sounds more like a maternal song to me than romantic.. :confused:

Don't have the raw yet, but that line sure sounds maternal.

Let me hear the lullaby
That you sang when I was a child
That voice sounds tender
As if I'm having a happy dream

pingva
2008-09-07, 09:02

That's what I thought too, but this song was played during the kiss scene.

lovecakecookies
2008-09-07, 09:08
That's what I thought too, but this song was played during the kiss scene.

If this song was indeed playing during the scene..then I might have to change my interpretation for that scene all together.. Lullaby by M (mother? ).... ehhh?

Lolipopo
2008-09-07, 09:09
Erf I don't think it was Lullaby of M <_< I need to rewatch the raw but so...still one more song to the R2 OST ? u_u

Edit : Yeah it wasn't...so Sensibility and Lullaby of M are still in the race.

lovecakecookies
2008-09-07, 09:19
its such a sad song...sniff sniff :T_T:

Is it the same song? Sorry my ears only hear the dialogue..So I cant tell very well..

Var
2008-09-07, 10:52
its such a sad song...sniff sniff :T_T:

Is it the same song? Sorry my ears only hear the dialogue..So I cant tell very well..

No. It's not Lullaby of M. It's a Hitomi song we haven't heard before and its not on this OST.

I wish I could understand what she says, her method of singing makes it impossible to tell what the lyrics are.

Ryu-kun
2008-09-07, 10:54
Must be in part 2 that isn't out yet o.o

Pink-chan
2008-09-07, 11:19
I wonder why aren't they playing the songs that are released yet? To make us desperate for the next OST :D

Highlygifted
2008-09-07, 11:51
Anyone know if there's a name for the song that played when Albion launched in Ep.22?

-KarumA-
2008-09-07, 13:14
Anyone know if there's a name for the song that played when Albion launched in Ep.22?

not released on the so far released soundtracks
all new songs you hear from this point on, they will be on the 4rth soundtrack just like it always goes

Highlygifted
2008-09-07, 13:23
not released on the so far released soundtracks
all new songs you hear from this point on, they will be on the 4rth soundtrack just like it always goes

Alright, thanks. Guess I just gotta wait. :(

-KarumA-
2008-09-07, 13:32
Alright, thanks. Guess I just gotta wait. :(

pff wait is not THAT long its coming out this month if im correct

Ryu-kun
2008-09-07, 13:39
9/26/08 or 9/24/08?

SoldierOfDarkness
2008-09-07, 22:08
Does anyone know the song that was played when Lelouch, Suzaku, CC and Lloyd were at the lake prior to Bismarck attacking?

It sounded final fantasy like to me.

Kristen
2008-09-07, 22:27
3 soundtracks now, and they've still been unable to include the best song in the orchestral score, the one playing during Euphy's massacre. Why?

Ashmedai
2008-09-08, 01:10
Would anyone know the name of the track played when Shirley is crying, writing that letter/note, in episode 14 (first season)?

-KarumA-
2008-09-08, 06:27
Does anyone know the song that was played when Lelouch, Suzaku, CC and Lloyd were at the lake prior to Bismarck attacking?

It sounded final fantasy like to me.

Would anyone know the name of the track played when Shirley is crying, writing that letter/note, in episode 14 (first season)?

both not yet released

pingva
2008-09-11, 03:21
From Latin requiem - accusative case of requies,in other words it means rest.

"Le Repos Du Guerrier "- the rest of warrior

It fits.

x6.Lancelot
2008-09-12, 15:37
hi all im new here xD..was wondering what song is it when Kallen says goodbye to Lelouch during the confrontation of the OotBk in ep19.Epic scene for me though =) thanks.

Kushi
2008-09-12, 21:38
Lullaby of M sounds really similiar to the song that was played when C.C was crying at episode 25 under water. Maybe they'll play it at the very end of R2.... hopefully it won't be for if someone dies :(

Masterkeyes2
2008-09-12, 21:53
From Latin requiem - accusative case of requies,in other words it means rest.

"Le Repos Du Guerrier "- the rest of warrior

It fits.

I am confused, what does this fit with? Is it a song used in CG?

anyway the song that you are talking about is Innocent Days at the end of 25 Kushi.

-KarumA-
2008-09-13, 04:00
hi all im new here xD..was wondering what song is it when Kallen says goodbye to Lelouch during the confrontation of the OotBk in ep19.Epic scene for me though =) thanks.

not released yet, like I said before, somewhere, all new songs that might put you in the omg is this on the ost" mood expect them to be released on OST 4

right now they are using the new songs that are on that soundtrack to give the fans the urge to buy the 4th soundtrack, there might be some oldies in between but for major scenes expect them to use unreleased new songs :)

Ashmedai
2008-09-13, 05:24
both not yet released
*cries*

Thanks for the reply -KarumA-! I greatly appreciate it!

Harimo Haria
2008-09-14, 14:34
What was the music played during the end of episode 23:

It begins when Nunally fires the freyja and continues until the ending theme.

Ruvixur
2008-09-14, 14:40
What was the music played during the end of episode 23:

It begins when Nunally fires the freyja and continues until the ending theme.

"Love is Justice". Code Geass R2 OST 1.

Harimo Haria
2008-09-14, 15:10

Wow, thanks a lot for the quick reply.

Demi
2008-09-14, 17:16
Does anyone know what song was played in R2 Episode 20 during the scene where Marianne awakens C.C? The one where they converse in C.C's memories...

Sprite_Coke
2008-09-14, 17:29
Does anyone know what song was played in R2 Episode 20 during the scene where Marianne awakens C.C? The one where they converse in C.C's memories...

"Strange Girl" from 1st OST of season 1

Demi
2008-09-14, 19:22
"Strange Girl" from 1st OST of season 1

Thanks so much!

Runty
2008-09-15, 20:37
Another request: what's the tune that plays in episode R2 23, starting at the heart-to-heart scene between Lelouch and C.C.? It's playing during the montage of characters before the commercial break.

Masterkeyes2
2008-09-15, 20:53
Again that is "Innocent Days". I am glad they used it again, parallels its use in episode 23 S1.

Sprite_Coke
2008-09-15, 20:55
Another request: what's the tune that plays in episode R2 23, starting at the heart-to-heart scene between Lelouch and C.C.? It's playing during the montage of characters before the commercial break.

"Innocent days" by Hitomi
track 22 of season 1 OST 2

Sprite_Coke
2008-09-15, 20:56
Again that is "Innocent Days". I am glad they used it again, parallels its use in episode 23 S1.

Drats one step late,
They used it for the finale of season 1, not 23. It's played when C.C. talks while she's sinking into the ocean with the Gawain off the coast of Kaminejima.

Masterkeyes2
2008-09-16, 01:59
They did play it in 23, watch Zero's "United States of Japan" speech. It pretty much starts when Euphie is on her deathbed...ah Euphie...T.T

Pink-chan
2008-09-16, 08:18
When are they going to play ' Sensibility' and 'Lullaby of M'? I didn't even hear them once. For 'Lullaby of M', to be honest I tried to look for it in Turn 19, I dun think this track was played :confused:. Hopefully they don't turn out to be an unplayed track throughout the series :p

incorrupts
2008-09-16, 08:36
When are they going to play ' Sensibility' and 'Lullaby of M'? I didn't even hear them once. For 'Lullaby of M', to be honest I tried to look for it in Turn 19, I dun think this track was played :confused:. Hopefully they don't turn out to be an unplayed track throughout the series :p

I bet it will be in the last epi, that song is epic. No way, it won't be played.

Tenkaichi
2008-09-17, 00:25
Can anyone confirm that this one song in R2 hasn't been released yet? It is the song that's basically a piano playing quickly (triplets? especially during the start of the song but probably throughout). I specifically remember it from when Lelouch breaks his phone (the ep where he almost Refrains), but I know it has been used in plenty of other (dramatic) places.

IMO, Sensibility sounds like a song where a character comes to some sort of resolution. Whatever it is though, I really like the intro. I have this thing with pianos and violins :D

Masterkeyes2
2008-09-17, 01:08
Can anyone confirm that this one song in R2 hasn't been released yet? It is the song that's basically a piano playing quickly (triplets? especially during the start of the song but probably throughout). I specifically remember it from when Lelouch breaks his phone (the ep where he almost Refrains), but I know it has been used in plenty of other (dramatic) places.

IMO, Sensibility sounds like a song where a character comes to some sort of resolution. Whatever it is though, I really like the intro. I have this thing with pianos and violins :D

No that song hasn't come out on the OST yet.

Narona
2008-09-17, 09:34
A great Piano version of Yuukyou Seishunka by Ali Project (first ending of the first season) :love:

tYt7i9jg6EE

Tokkan
2008-09-17, 09:39
You mean the first ending. It's pretty nice, but I've never been fond of the tune... or Ali Project for that matter.

dec4rhapsody
2008-09-17, 09:44
I bet it will be in the last epi, that song is epic. No way, it won't be played.

Agreed. It fits as an epilogue song~

Narona
2008-09-17, 09:44
You mean the first ending. It's pretty nice, but I've never been fond of the tune... or Ali Project for that matter.
Sorry for the mistake ^^. Me I like Ali Project, it's not my favourite group but they please my tastes XD

The piano version sounds better than the original song XD

I would like to hear a piano version of Innocent Days :love:

Masterkeyes2
2008-09-17, 12:23
That is really amazing Narona. Is this you playing the piano or some other person?

Narona
2008-09-17, 12:34
That is really amazing Narona. Is this you playing the piano or some other person?
I'm nowhere near as good as the one who plays in this video :P, so no it isn't me.

Tael
2008-09-17, 14:52
A triple question, what is the song that plays in 22 during and after Kallen and Lelouch's kiss? Have the lyrics been released? And what O.S.T. does it fall on? I'm assuming its on R2 O.S.T.2 since I've never heard it before.

XxNexusxX
2008-09-17, 15:02
Does anyone know the name of the song in the opening of R2 episodes 21-23?

Asleep
2008-09-17, 15:17
A triple question, what is the song that plays in 22 during and after Kallen and Lelouch's kiss? Have the lyrics been released? And what O.S.T. does it fall on? I'm assuming its on R2 O.S.T.2 since I've never heard it before.

It's not on any of the released O.S.T.s, so it will probably be on O.S.T. 2.

lovecakecookies
2008-09-17, 15:39
It's not on any of the released O.S.T.s, so it will probably be on O.S.T. 2.

That's what I thought.. but why does it sound so familiar? :confused:

Sprite_Coke
2008-09-17, 21:24
Does anyone know the name of the song in the opening of R2 episodes 21-23?

Did it even change?
It's been "World End" by FLOW since like 13

Narona
2008-09-18, 08:16
A great version of World End Full Version Piano (second opening second season)

GEw_f2D9EjI

And a version of Colors full Version Piano (First Opening season 1)

3G2AJGNMd8o
(you should also check the piano version of Super Smash Bros Brawl main theme from this guy, it rocks so much)

I love to listen to these :love:

Arabesque
2008-09-18, 08:40
Nice find. The COLORS one is really nice. though...really, code fabulous ?:heh:

Tenkaichi
2008-09-18, 14:46
The piano posts from your second post of that type is more along the lines of what I was thinking of. The Ali Project video sounded like just a MIDI recreation of Ali Project's song, although Ali Project doesn't do much for me anymore since I kind of got used to their style. I think having them for the first season ED was good enough.

Sprite_Coke
2008-09-22, 21:02
I know the track's not released yet, but I want a piano sheet music to that BGM used when Kallen kissed Lelouch (I think Turn 22), also used when Lelouch talks with Nina in Turn 24. (I'm pissed that they used Kalulu song for Lelouch and Nina moment, but it's a kickass song)

Also Turn24, When Jeremiah fights Anya and C.C. fights Kallen, the violin solo is also kickass.

Some good stuff to expect in OST 2 :)

loltan
2008-09-23, 06:02

No, it's something else.

loltan
2008-09-23, 06:04
Anyone know the name of that music that shows up a lot of times such as the beginning of Stage 25 when Zero confronts Cornelia and in Turn 17 when Lelouch and Guilford head toward the Tokyo Settlement?

Lolipopo
2008-09-23, 06:04
I know the track's not released yet, but I want a piano sheet music to that BGM used when Kallen kissed Lelouch (I think Turn 22), also used when Lelouch talks with Nina in Turn 24. (I'm pissed that they used Kalulu song for Lelouch and Nina moment, but it's a kickass song)

Also Turn24, When Jeremiah fights Anya and C.C. fights Kallen, the violin solo is also kickass.

Some good stuff to expect in OST 2 :)

It was awesome, the CC and slaves/Kallen duel is one of my favourite because of this very music; It sounds like a sort of orchestra, and with those amazing moves of the Guren which were fighting a bunch of enemies, it was really awesome.

This track is just...woah.

-KarumA-
2008-09-23, 14:05
yeh second soundtrack is out !
omgosh I thought it would be tommorow, the vocal If i were a bird is the first on the list X3 kyuuuh
a lot of oldies are on it as well gonna listen to all tracks now still stuck on the first 3 ha ha
the theme I wanted from R1 is on it however I havent found the one fromt he latest episode when Nunnally opens her eyes, the violin stops and is replaced by piano etc. could be ont he other soundtrack or this one that I overlooked it but tonight I'm listening to it anyway so I'll prob hear it then

Masterkeyes2
2008-09-23, 14:48
Gah surprised you got it so fast...I take it people who pre-order get it faster?

-KarumA-
2008-09-23, 14:49
Gah surprised you got it so fast...I take it people who pre-order get it faster?

I didnt order anything =P in case you wonder

edit: adding lyrics of If I became a Bird, credit goes to Livejournal's Yamisakura38, thank you for uploading them Sakura!

When I just can't find my way
You are always there for me
When I am out of my way

Like a bird in the sky
You set me free
You give me one heart
Like a star in my night
You'll always be a part of me

When I just can't fly my way
You are always there
You are always there

In my darkness dreams
I hear you call me
You give me the reason to live
In my dirty heart
I hear you call me
And you reach out to carry me away

No one can save my soul
Only you

Like a bird in the sky
You set me free
You give me one haert
Like a star in my night

暗い月 暗示する
その光の先では
不確かな 存在の
僕の夢が 生まれ変わる

急ぎ 生きるけど
ごめんね

鳥が空を 飛び回れるように
僕は自由に今なれるんだ

僕は自由に今なれるんだ

鳥が空を 飛び回れるように
僕は自由に今なれるんだ

Like a bird in the sky
You set me free
You give me one heart
Like a star in my night

Usami Haru
2008-09-23, 15:01
Listening to the R2 OST II now. God, If I were a bird and Continued Story are such an awesome songs. Especially the later. Still, Sensibility is my favorite Hitomi track from the Code Geass OST's. Now listening to the BGM tracks, more oh god, they pretty much took all the awesome songs of the series and put them in this soundtrack. So far, my favorite from the 4.

-KarumA-
2008-09-23, 15:03
just realised the duration of the soundtrack and with that number already I feel pleased, over 60 minutes OST 2 of R1 was just too short you'd always finish it too quickly this one is already good because of the duration

Masterkeyes2
2008-09-23, 15:05
Listening to "The ruins as they were", ah such painful memories. I love Aura and Overwrite, such evil tracks.

Usami Haru
2008-09-23, 15:10
I love "Guren". That's pretty much because I am a sucker for fast songs, but the arrangement on this one is gorgeous, it's a shame that is so short. D: The same goes for "Blue Tiger". (Anybody knows if or where this song was played in the anime?)

lovecakecookies
2008-09-23, 15:11
Listening to the R2 OST II now. God, If I were a bird and Continued Story are such an awesome songs. Especially the later. Still, Sensibility is my favorite Hitomi track from the Code Geass OST's. Now listening to the BGM tracks, more oh god, they pretty much took all the awesome songs of the series and put them in this soundtrack. So far, my favorite from the 4.

SO have we heard Continuing story yet on the show?

Masterkeyes2
2008-09-23, 15:15
I love "Guren". That's pretty much because I am a sucker for fast songs, but the arrangement on this one is gorgeous, it's a shame that is so short. D: The same goes for "Blue Tiger". (Anybody knows if or where this song was played in the anime?)

22 when the Knight of Rounds were rebelling against Lelouch. That said there is alot of songs missing again that I wanted to see...oh well. I am guessing this is the last OST so I will probably never have them /sniff.

Tael
2008-09-23, 15:20
SO have we heard Continuing story yet on the show?

Continued Story - Played during Kallen and Lelouch's kiss Season 2 Turn 22. Only then Played also during Nina and Lelouch's talk about Euphemia.

Sprite_Coke
2008-09-23, 15:21
omgosh I thought it would be tommorow, the vocal If i were a bird is the first on the list X3 kyuuuh
a lot of oldies are on it as well gonna listen to all tracks now still stuck on the first 3 ha ha
the theme I wanted from R1 is on it however I havent found the one fromt he latest episode when Nunnally opens her eyes, the violin stops and is replaced by piano etc. could be ont he other soundtrack or this one that I overlooked it but tonight I'm listening to it anyway so I'll prob hear it then

Sweet, I'm at school right now though, I'll have to check it asap when I get home

bran
Continued Story - Played during Kallen and Lelouch's kiss. Only then.

it played in 24 when nina talked with lelouch too

Tael
it played in 24 when nina talked with lelouch too

I thought that was a different piece, was it not?

bran
2008-09-23, 15:22
I thought that was a different piece, was it not?

nope i'd never forget how it sounds
most fav ever ^^

Tael
2008-09-23, 15:24
nope i'd never forget how it sounds
most fav ever ^^

Alright then, I'll take your word on it. I have no access to the episodes so I don't know at the moment.

lovecakecookies
2008-09-23, 15:24
Well, whoever has the OST can tell us.. lol...

-KarumA-
2008-09-23, 15:25
God after listening to it I figured out that even now they forgot to place some songs so we might end up having these unreleased

Episode 23 - 07:25 - when Cornelia figures out what Schneizels plan is and ends up being shot.. I was hoping for that one as well cause it sounded so sinister

and the latest episode - 24 right when Nunnally opens her eyes and the music is replaced by a piano theme

djuuuh =<

Dream_Traveller
2008-09-23, 15:26
Well, Nunnally's eye-opener is simply one track from OST 1 cut off and replaced with another.

Sprite_Coke
2008-09-23, 15:28
is the song from when Jeremiah fights Anya and C.C. fights Kallen in the OST?
The string solo in that one kicksass

-KarumA-
2008-09-23, 15:28
Well, Nunnally's eye-opener is simply one track from OST 1 cut off and replaced with another.

yeh but the piece that plays after the violin is abrubtly stopped is not from the other 3 soundtracks and is not on this one if I'm correct

edit: checked the other soundtracks its not on it =< mew

Koshimizu
2008-09-23, 15:32
Translation for Rolo's song. (http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost.php?p=1926708&postcount=1730)
And PLEASE, stop calling this song "If I were a Bird". It's "I Became a Bird".

This is not directed at anyone but... I'm sick and tired of people ignoring the fact and keep tossing "If I were a Bird" around. It's not like "ooooohhh there's If I were a Bird song about Rolo, and there's 僕(I)は、鳥(bird)になる song about Rolo, therefore the two titles must be the same! They write it in different language so only smart kids can find out. I'm so proud of myself to recognize these 2 kanjis!"
No. These is absolutely no way to translate "僕は、鳥になる" and "If I were a Bird" into the same thing. It's so simple that even BABELFISH (http://babelfish.yahoo.com/translate_txt) can get it right.

Simply put.
"If I were a Bird" is the musicbox version.
"I Became a Bird" is the vocal song.

Rolo wishes to be a bird when alive, and became a bird when dead. Isn't this easy to follow?

Sorry, if I don't point this out, people are still going to throw "if I were" around and pass whoever says otherwise as loonatics.

Masterkeyes2
2008-09-23, 15:33
There alot of tracks missing, at least 10 or more so we may see another one, I doubt it though.

-KarumA-
2008-09-23, 15:35
There alot of tracks missing, at least 10 or more so we may see another one, I doubt it though.

I hope so though or have them released on the drama's like GS did at somepoint mew =<
or on a Best off Album as a second CD that would work best for me

stillmissing
2008-09-23, 15:38
Continued Story - Played during Kallen and Lelouch's kiss Season 2 Turn 22. Only then Played also during Nina and Lelouch's talk about Euphemia.

I don't think that's right. Continued story does not appear to have been played in the show yet.

The track during the kiss in 22 and the conversations between Lelouch and both Nina and CC appears to simply be named "Nunnally".

-KarumA-
2008-09-23, 15:39
I don't think that's right. Continued story does not appear to have been played in the show yet.

The track during the kiss in 22 and the conversations between Lelouch and both Nina and CC appears to simply be named "Nunnally".

true, dont you wonder why it was called Continiued Story, its for the epilogue :heh:

Masterkeyes2
2008-09-23, 15:40
I hope so though or have them released on the drama's like GS did at somepoint mew =<
or on a Best off Album as a second CD that would work best for me

Sounds like what Trinity Blood did, they ended up releasing BGM's alongside SE. Anyway lets all keep our ears open I guess.

Koshimizu
2008-09-23, 15:42
is the song from when Jeremiah fights Anya and C.C. fights Kallen in the OST?
The string solo in that one kicksassI don't think it's in this one.

And the scene when Lelouch checkmates Schenizel is still not in this soundtrack! That one was first used in Stage 4 during Zero's debut in the train. I've been waiting for it since the very first OST! ><

I think there are enough tracks left out to release another OST. But the chance is so slim. ><

-KarumA-
2008-09-23, 15:44
Sounds like what Trinity Blood did, they ended up releasing BGM's alongside SE. Anyway lets all keep our ears open I guess.

ofc I'll keep em open =P

my favouriteof the soundtrack would be The ruins as they were

Also didnt we all have a completely different idea when thinking of the song Le repos du guerrier, we were all looking at the painting and thinking it was going to be an epic battle theme and it ended up being a school theme haha :heh: a nice chase Arthur theme that is

A best of CD would be expected, seen the many openins/endings and R1 soundtrack 2 songs like Masquerade =3 heck they might bunch up all Hitomi songs as well

Tael
2008-09-23, 15:50

true, dont you wonder why it was called Continiued Story, its for the epilogue :heh:

I believe it was confirmed a long time ago that the song played during Episode 22 was Continued Story. I recall there being a large discussion about in this very thread a while back.

Usami Haru
2008-09-23, 15:54
I believe it was confirmed a long time ago that the song played during Episode 22 was Continued Story. I recall there being a large discussion about in this very thread a while back.

I think it's pretty clear that the song that played in the Kallen x Lelouch scene was Nunnally, not Continued Story, here's a Youtube link from that scene:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0CJV1WPyUb8

stillmissing
2008-09-23, 15:55

Well, with both episodes 22 and 24 here, as well as with the OST, I can confirm the track is "Nunnally" not "Continued Story",

Tael
2008-09-23, 15:56
Well, with both episodes 22 and 24 here, as well as with the OST, I can confirm the track is "Nunnally" not "Continued Story",

Alright then, thank you.

Narona
2008-09-23, 16:12
Thanks for the infos :O

Highlygifted
2008-09-23, 17:46
Anyone have a list of songs for the 2nd OST for R2? I'd like to know what to look forward to. =3

rebellion
2008-09-23, 17:56
Does anyone mind going through the 2nd R2 OST song list and listing when (what episode) [doesn't have to be all, just one] they were played in?

I am really curious into going back and seeing it on screen!

Thanks a lot :)

roon
2008-09-23, 17:57
I just listened to the full version of Nunnally. That song is absolutely beautiful! The piano is amazing, and not something I've ever heard from Geass before.

Last Evening is quite good, too.. very reminiscent of the classier Disney music of the old days.

rebellion
2008-09-23, 18:01
who sings nunally, is it hitomi?

Masterkeyes2
2008-09-23, 18:31
Does anyone mind going through the 2nd R2 OST song list and listing when (what episode) [doesn't have to be all, just one] they were played in?

I am really curious into going back and seeing it on screen!

Thanks a lot :)

Not all of this is probably accuratley spelled and I realize there were times before when these tracks were played. However the scenes I listed are the ones I cleary remember them being played. That said there may be spoilers for some who have not watched the current episode.

Enjoy.

1. I Became a Bird-Rolo's death scene. (Episode 19 R2)
2. Boy from Britannia-(Episode 2 S1-C.C.'s narration at start.)
3. Aura-(Episode 8 R2-when the scene shifts from Euphies memorial scene to the SAZ scene)
4. Overwriting-(Episode 2 R2-Starts when the Emperor rewrites Lelouch's memories.)
5. The Ruins as they were-(episode 13-Shirley's death scene)
6. Eleven-(One of the very pieces of R2 Episode 1.)
7. No Sentences-(Episode 6 R2 with the scene of the Emperor and V.V.)
8. Dark Activity (Not played yet to my knowledge.)
9. Guren-(Episode 5 R2 when Gino attacks the Government building.)
10. What is Justice?-(Episode 7 R2-plays during the last half of the seas battle)
11. Blue Tiger-(episode 22 R2-When the KOR attempts to rebel against Lelouch.)
12. Showdown-(same as 8).
13. Le Reppos-(R2 episode 5-played right after the break.)
14. sub-chairman-(Played during episode 5 as well, it begins with the scene of Gino and Anya at that food stand.)
15. Forbidden City-(Plays near the end of 21 R2-when Lelouch enters the throneroom.)
16. Last Evening (episode 9 of R2-Plays during the dinner scene before Schniezel enters.)
17. Cheese-(Plays during ep 3 of R2 during the cooking scene with the Student Council.)
18. Pure Feelings-(Plays during episode 22 R2- when Suzaku and Lelouch are conversing in the garden.)
19. And more-(Start of episode 19 R2).
20. Eternal Seperation-(episode 18 r2- when the Freya starts explodes up until the credits.)
21. Desperation-(Episode 21 of R2-When Marianne shows up in the Sword of Akasha.)
22. Reversed Thinking-(episode 14 of R2- When C.C. shows up and kills those men from Geass Order.)
23. Theory Outside-(end of 21 R2 with Schniezey and gang watching Lelouch's ascenion to the throne.)
24.Memory of Museum-(Episode 15 of R2 when C.C. reveals her wish to Lelouch).
25. Nunnally-(played during the Kallen and Lelouch kiss of episode 22 R2.)
26. Birthplace-(episode 22 R2 during Lelouch's conversation with the U.F.N.)
27. Misconduct-(episode 20 R2's end where Lelouch confronts the Emperor in the Sword of Akasha.)
28. Check mate-(plays after Lelouch manages to penetrate the shields of the Damocles-R2 24.)
29. After the War-(plays before "forbidden city" in R2 21, during the 1month timeskip scene.)
30. Continued Story-(not played yet.)

Elicit
2008-09-23, 18:31
Huh, so the track that plays near the end of Turn 15 is called "Pure Feelings"... Nice.

rebellion
2008-09-23, 18:39
Not all of this is probably accuratley spelled and I realize there were times before when these tracks were played. However the scenes I listed are the ones I cleary remember them being played. That said there may be spoilers for some who have not watched the current episode.

Enjoy.

3. Aura-(Episode 8 R2-when the scene shifts from Euphies memorial scene to the SAZ scene)
4. Overwriting-(Episode 2 R2-Starts when the Emperor rewrites Lelouch's memories.)
10. What is Justice?-(Episode 7 R2-plays during the last half of the seas battle)
14. sub-chairman-(Played during episode 5 as well, it begins with the scene of Gino and Anya at that food stand.)
15. Forbidden City-(Plays near the end of 21 R2-when Lelouch enters the throneroom.)
16. Last Evening (episode 9 of R2-Plays during the dinner scene before Schniezel enters.)
17. Cheese-(Plays during ep 3 of R2 during the cooking scene with the Student Council.)
18. Pure Feelings-(Plays during episode 22 R2- when Suzaku and Lelouch are conversing in the garden.)
20. Eternal Seperation-(episode 18 r2- when the Freya starts explodes up until the credits.)
21. Desperation-(Episode 21 of R2-When Marianne shows up in the Sword of Akasha.)
22. Reversed Thinking-(episode 14 of R2- When C.C. shows up and kills those men from Geass Order.)
23. Theory Outside-(end of 21 R2 with Schniezey and gang watching Lelouch's ascenion to the throne.)
27. Misconduct-(episode 20 R2's end where Lelouch confronts the Emperor in the Sword of Akasha.)
28. Check mate-(plays after Lelouch manages to penetrate the shields of the Damocles-R2 24.)
29. After the War-(plays before "forbidden city" in R2 21, during the 1month timeskip scene.)

Thank u so much! :p

Elicit
2008-09-23, 19:13

Enjoy.

25. Nunnally-(played during the Kallen and Lelouch kiss of episode 22 R2. Also played during that moment between Lelouch and C.C. in Turn 24.)

Added something to the list.

incorrupts
2008-09-23, 19:15
I just listened to the full version of Nunnally. That song is absolutely beautiful! The piano is amazing, and not something I've ever heard from Geass before.

Yeah it does actually resembles with the track that played when Suzaku returned to Euphie in S1 epi 20//ending of epi. Pretty much same same notes and stuff. It is wonderful though.

rebellion
2008-09-23, 19:51
Does anyone know the song when suzaku first fired flejia???

Samanosuke
2008-09-23, 20:02
Does anyone know the song when suzaku first fired flejia???

As he fires it ? it's "Memory of 0" from R2 OST 1 .

roon
2008-09-23, 20:36
Yeah it does actually resembles with the track that played when Suzaku returned to Euphie in S1 epi 20//ending of epi. Pretty much same same notes and stuff. It is wonderful though.

Hmm, interestingly, that seems to be another track that didn't make it onto any OST. I wonder if they just decided to turn it into what is now Nunnally? Either way, the downplayed version from S1 would be nice to have to... *nudges those over at Sunrise to make a "Code Geass BEST" + extra disc with unreleased BGM*

Woops! Thanks for clarifying, Masterkeyes2.
(Ugh, what a beautiful melody)

Masterkeyes2
2008-09-23, 20:37
That track is released its the violin part of "With You" OST 2 of S1.

Chaos Knight
2008-09-23, 23:37
Continued Story sounded pretty good for an ending theme (if it's used for the ending theme)

Continued Story
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bmoIaJLjtlM (I don't know if it's ok to post this here but if it's not let me know so I could remove the link)

lovecakecookies
2008-09-23, 23:41
Continued Story sounded pretty good for an ending theme (if it's used for the ending theme)

Continued Story
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bmoIaJLjtlM (I don't know if it's ok to post this here but if it's not I'll take it down)

Oh whoa.. it is so beautiful..... thank you.. :)
What language are they speaking?

Chaos Knight
2008-09-23, 23:51
No problem :)

I was at that guy's youtube page for a while waiting to listen it.

Lugia_Tsuyu
2008-09-23, 23:56
Is the Lullaby of M played in the story yet?

Continued Story
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bmoIaJLjtlM (I don't know if it's ok to post this here but if it's not let me know so I could remove the link)

Thank you!!! The song is sooo beautiful!!!

Masterkeyes2
2008-09-24, 00:26
Hmm, interestingly, that seems to be another track that didn't make it onto any OST. I wonder if they just decided to turn it into what is now Nunnally? Either way, the downplayed version from S1 would be nice to have to... *nudges those over at Sunrise to make a "Code Geass BEST" + extra disc with unreleased BGM*

Don't thank me, thank my combined unhealthy obsession for BGM and my ability to remember the most useless facts ;)

incorrupts
2008-09-24, 00:28
That track is released its the violin part of "With You" OST 2 of S1.
Ah yeah right, the violin notes are the same with Nunally's song. {i think Nunally is the lyrics version or?}

Thanks for reminding me btw.

MikeRoz
2008-09-24, 00:35
I am very unhappy. Several key pieces of music have not been released.

One of them is the piece after the break in R2 21, when the walls of the SoA shatter and Marianne gets all happy that the gods are about to die.

Another is the very opening of R2 12 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QDesADhKAug).

Another is after the break at R2 8 (5:39 on this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H-PobBIzE-A&feature=related)

Another is in R1 episode 2! (7:40 here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGj9-vZZFfU)

Need moar CDs.

Asleep
2008-09-24, 00:44

Enjoy.

:O Thank you!

and MikeRoz I doubt they will release more osts :(

equinox822
2008-09-24, 01:13
It missed the theme that played when Mt. Fuji exploded. Goddamn it.

Enjou
2008-09-24, 06:26
Quite a few good tracks that are missing from this OST - I can think of at least three that I really wanted that aren't there. As others have said I hope they'll release them in some format or another.

Narona
2008-09-24, 07:54
Oh I love the OST2 so much :love:

Continued Story is memorable.......... :love: sooooooooooooooooo Beautiful. I guess it will be the music played during the epilogue.

I miss code geass already damn it :sad: Sniif ^^

dec4rhapsody
2008-09-24, 08:27

Continued Story is memorable.......... :love: sooooooooooooooooo Beautiful. I guess it will be the music played during the epilogue.

You got the lyrics?

Narona
2008-09-24, 08:29
You got the lyrics?I asked the same question to someone on the profile message board :heh:

I want the lyrics too ^^

Pink-chan
2008-09-24, 08:52

They better be. I'm also waiting for a few tracks from S1 which is not released yet :(.

STAGE0.543 from a sound episode time: 5.36
STAGE0.515 around time 4:54

Masterkeyes2
2008-09-24, 09:08
I think I must of played "Desperation", "What Is Justice?", "Continued Story", "Eleven", "Aura", and "Reversed Thinking" the most on my play list.

Pink-chan
2008-09-24, 09:14

Enjoy.

14. sub-chairman-(Played during episode 5 as well, it begins with the scene of Gino and Anya at that food stand. Turn 1, 'police and thief' by Lelouch and Viletta sensei) My bad :D
27. Misconduct-(episode 20 R2's end where Lelouch confronts the Emperor in the Sword of Akasha. Turn 24 19 seconds and 0.04 second :D)

I need to add my favourite scene in bold :D

Masterkeyes2
2008-09-24, 09:16
My favorite time when misconduct is played is definitely during the first time its played at the end of 20.

Pink-chan
2008-09-24, 09:53
:D To each of his own. We each have our own preference. You really made a list of when they are played.

Narona
2008-09-24, 10:02
:D To each of his own. We each have our own preference. You really made a list of when they are played.

You're right!

Turn 24 19 seconds and 0.04 second all the way!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:love:

Masterkeyes2
2008-09-24, 10:21

Haha you are right. Oh btw Turn 1 Police and Thief with Lelouch Vieltta wasn't Le Reposs, that was Sub-Chairman.

Pink-chan
2008-09-24, 11:34
Haha you are right. Oh btw Turn 1 Police and Thief with Lelouch Vieltta wasn't Le Reposs, that was Sub-Chairman.

Oops! I typed this in the wrong line :D! Edited the post. Thanks for the correction.

Narona
2008-09-24, 11:39
Oops! I typed this in the wrong line :D! Edited the post. Thanks for the correction.

I can't believe the people here forgot it!

The track nunnaly is also the one played during the cluclu scene in 24 <3

14. sub-chairman-(Played during episode 5 as well, it begins with the scene of Gino and Anya at that food stand. Turn 1, 'police and thief' by Lelouch and Viletta sensei) My bad
25. Nunnally-(played during the Kallen and Lelouch kiss of episode 22 R2. Lelouch and C.C. scene in 24)
27. Misconduct-(episode 20 R2's end where Lelouch confronts the Emperor in the Sword of Akasha. Turn 24 19 seconds and 0.04 second )

:D

Witacume
2008-09-24, 11:41

14. sub-chairman-(Played during episode 5 as well, it begins with the scene of Gino and Anya at that food stand. Turn 1, 'police and thief' by Lelouch and Viletta sensei) My bad
25. Nunnally-(played during the Kallen and Lelouch kiss of episode 22 R2. Lelouch and C.C. scene in 24)
27. Misconduct-(episode 20 R2's end where Lelouch confronts the Emperor in the Sword of Akasha. Turn 24 19 seconds and 0.04 second )

Well it was also played during the LElouch X nina scene lawls.
not sure what to make out of it =X.

Ruvixur
2008-09-24, 11:41

That's a good one.:D

Sprite_Coke
2008-09-24, 15:40
Check Mate is so awesome
It also has the theme from "Beautiful Emperor" included in it toward the end (without the lackadaisical part)

Masterkeyes2
2008-09-24, 16:20
Well Dark Activity sounds like it has pieces of "Grand Fleet" mixed in.

Asleep
2008-09-24, 16:30

starts during the conversation with Nina though...

Lunara
2008-09-24, 17:38

I love that song. The ending of the song sounded powerful like the ones from the movies like it's saying the end. And judging by how the song sounded, Code Geass might have a happy and memorable ending. Oh great now I feel like I wanna cry:T_T:

vonLohengramm
2008-09-24, 17:40
where is the theme that is played often towards the end of the show, mostly after the eyecatch (also in ep. 24) with damocles in view?
couldnt find it on either ost :(

MikeRoz
2008-09-24, 18:12
where is the theme that is played often towards the end of the show, mostly after the eyecatch (also in ep. 24) with damocles in view?
couldnt find it on either ost :(That would be because it is not on either OST :(

wtb moar Geass OSTs kthxbai

Lolipopo
2008-09-24, 18:13
I love that song. The ending of the song sounded powerful like the ones from the movies like it's saying the end. And judging by how the song sounded, Code Geass might have a happy and memorable ending. Oh great now I feel like I wanna cry:T_T:

Sadly, Continued story sounds more as a song "The calm come after the storm"...and to me it's not a good thing T_T This song is too much melancholic (and beautiful) to not deal with some sad scene -_-

Nunally is beautiful too...I could understand the point to have it played during the scene with Kallen/Lelouch and CC/Lelouch but Nina/Lelouch...
(But why "Nunally"...sort of way to show that Lelouch is this much of a siscon that when he shares romantic scene, we need to get a reference to his sister ? -_-')

incorrupts
2008-09-24, 18:16
Sadly, Continued story sounds more as a song "The calm come after the storm"...and to me it's not a good thing T_T This song is too much melancholic (and beautiful) to not deal with some sad scene -_-

Nunally is beautiful too...I could understand the point to have it played during the scene with Kallen/Lelouch and CC/Lelouch but Nina/Lelouch...
(But why "Nunally"...sort of way to show that Lelouch is this much of a siscon that when he shares romantic scene, we need to get a reference to his sister ? -_-')
I think Continued Story is not melancholic, it actually has a hopeful tone and stuff. Like gives the sign to go forward and stuff.

Oh do not get me started on the Nunally track i love it but the title kinda..put you off. :/

Sprite_Coke
2008-09-24, 20:00
couldnt find it on either ost :(

If you mean the song that is played during the 15 sec previews, then it's called "Previous Notice" from one of the season one OSTs.
Also, "Brain Game" from one of the season one OSTS, is very similar to "Previous Notice", but more base and dramatic, but Beat per Second is like 5-6 less.

Blazer-X
2008-09-24, 20:41
Anyone know if they ever released the track when the Percieval was first shown and drilled through a UFN battleship? This happens early on episode 17.

If I remember correctly, this music also showed up way back in R1.

zalem
2008-09-24, 20:53

It definitely sounds like something they'd play at the end. And it's rather upbeat and not melancholic at all imho...it must be a positive ending. Maybe not completely happy, but I don't see them using this theme with some depressing ending.

Sprite_Coke
2008-09-24, 20:55
I am so pissed that they didn't include the BGM when Jeremiah fights Anya and Kallen fights C.C..
That has got to be one of my most favorite ones. It probably ranks up there with "0" and "Nightmare", but they didn't include it WTF

Highlygifted
2008-09-24, 21:21
Agreed, I was looking forward to that, but at least they put in "Blue Tiger" the song played when Suzaku fought the 4 KoR's. The 2nd OST for R2 just seems a lost less amazing when placed next to the 1st R2 OST.

Narona
2008-09-24, 21:36
My favorite tracks of the OST2

In no particular order (i love the other tracks too, but i mainly listen to those):

- If I were a bird . The full version of this song is even better than what I had imagined :love: . Great song.

- Boy from Britannia <3

- What's Justice. Amazing <3

- Le Repos Du Guerrier. PERFECT :D

- Sub-chairman. Love this one too. It makes me so nostalgic of the Turn 1 XD

- Last Evening. Ma-gni-fi-que :love:

- Cheese. Sounds funny and makes me smile ^_^

- Pure Feelings. One of the best track in all Cde Geass. I love that song so much :love: It reminds me that fabulous scene at the Exelica garden.

- Eternal Separation. :love: nothing else to say

- Memory Museum. Beautiful.

- Nunnaly :D

- Continued Story. Best track of this OST imo :thumb: The ending of code geass will be fabulous to watch while listening to this. I would like to have the translated lyrics ^o^ ~__~

Vakir
2008-09-24, 21:39
Check Mate and Continued Story are too great for words.

Ring
2008-09-24, 21:47
I am so pissed that they didn't include the BGM when Jeremiah fights Anya and Kallen fights C.C..
That has got to be one of my most favorite ones. It probably ranks up there with "0" and "Nightmare", but they didn't include it WTF
Yeah, it's too bad they didn't include it. I liked the violin parts in that one.

Besides the above listed, I also thought Misconduct was a good one.

Sprite_Coke
2008-09-24, 22:19
My On-The-Go List

Dark Actitivity
What's Justice?
Showdown
Le Repos Du Guerrier
Sub-Chairman
Forbidden City
Last Evening
Pure Feelings
Eternal Separation (The title fits this song... played when Lelouch was separated from Nunnaly (via Freija) and Kallen (during the Betrayal))
Memory Museum
Nunnally
Birthplace
Misconduct
Check Mate (I give this one A+++++ see the 2nd post on this page for explanation)

jedi423
2008-09-24, 22:22
Has anyone seen the scans for the new OST?
They should have the lyrics listed.

Sprite_Coke
2008-09-24, 22:26
Most them are BGMs, only 2-3 tracks per OST usually are actual songs.
You can usually search them on google pretty easily, but since this one has just been released, they're prolly not out yet.

Highlygifted
2008-09-24, 22:34
My favorite songs for the OST's would be-

Stories
The First Signature
Masquerade
The Knight
Sensibility
Love Is Justice *#1 Favorite!*
Siegfried
Boku wa, Tori ni Naru
Blue Tiger
Checkmate

I'm sorta disappointed with the 2nd R2 OST, but it's predecessors just set the bar too high I guess.

KrimzonStriker
2008-09-24, 22:39
If I were a Bird... just BLEW my expectations away with how good it was, unbelievable. This OST just delivered and surpassed all my hopes, if there is one thing I don't think anyone will complain about this Season it'll be the music ;)

Sprite_Coke
2008-09-24, 22:45
(in no particular order)
Stories
Nightmare
Brain Game
Elegant Force
Previous Notice
Callin'
Black Knights
Picaresque
Avalon
Innocent Days
The Knight
Madder Sky (which they haven't played yet, I think)
Beautiful Emperor (only the beginning part and its repetition theme though, the middle part kinda sucks)
Super Natural
Lullaby of M
If I were a Bird (both instrumental and full version)
All-out Attacks
The Master
Siegfried
R2 OST2 (http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost.php?p=1931133&postcount=898)

For the heck of it:
I love all OPs and EDs except the two tracks by Ali Project
And, all character songs except Milly and Nunnaly's, also the new Kallen song for R2 didn't sound too good either :(

finalnight
2008-09-24, 23:49
Is it a bad sign the final song is called "Continued Story"? Cliffhanger/open ending?

Vakir
2008-09-24, 23:53
Is it a bad sign the final song is called "Continued Story"? Cliffhanger/open ending?

Technically if life goes on, it could be implied to be a continued story. Taniguchi said that this is the end of Code Geass. That music is distinctly not cliff hangerish.

If anything, at most, there'd be a spinoff of some kind.

finalnight
2008-09-24, 23:56
I meant as in, an open ending, like unresolved, witch hunter robin style.

Used Can
2008-09-25, 00:53
Pure Feelings also played when C.C. lost her memories.

Vakir
2008-09-25, 00:57
I meant as in, an open ending, like unresolved, witch hunter robin style.

I know what you meant. What I mean is the music reflects a pretty resolved ending. What is left to not resolve, exactly, besides potential pairing BS?

Asleep
2008-09-25, 01:52
Someone should make a list of all the tracks that have not yet been played. There are quite a few, I think?

Because I haven't said it yet (like it wasn't obvious already :p), the soundrack is absolutely beautiful :love:

vonLohengramm
2008-09-25, 03:02
crap so there has to be an ost 3.
f i remember correctly there are several themes missing yet. not only the one which is always played after the break with damocles from the outside as in ep. 24 or twice in ep. 23 during schneizel giving his final speech and when cornelia finds out about his plans, but also the theme when kallen fight c.c. in ep. 24 for example.
this seems however unlikely from the perspective that there were only 2 ost's for code geass season 1 :/

the ost is pretty good nevertheless, reversed thinking, eternal seperation and memory museum are themes i have been waiting for as well...

my favorites from the r2 ost's would be:

the master (wh00t epic)
love is justice
beautiful emperor
madder sky
memory museum
reversed thinking
across the borderline

overall i think its interesting that r2 osts, especially the last one differs very much from season 1 osts. in season 1 i found the ost too descriptive. there were not many epic or outstanding themes (even though the ost was a good fit nevertheless and hitomi's insert songs were pretty awesome). i really must give nakagawa credit for changing that with r2. he perfectly picked up the increasingly epic story and composed alongside.

grunty
2008-09-25, 05:27
crap so there has to be an ost 3.
f i remember correctly there are several themes missing yet.

Welcome to the world of soundtracks. It's a fairly standard situation and I doubt you'll ever get the missing tracks.

plau
2008-09-25, 05:46
I'm sure that Continued Story has never been played before. What do you think it'll mean? What's your opinion on it?

Narona
2008-09-25, 06:14
I'm sure that Continued Story has never been played before. What do you think it'll mean? What's your opinion on it?
I didn't see the lyrics yet, but I think it's the epilogue song.

mr.questionguy
2008-09-25, 06:33
hey,

R2 OST2 is good,many Hitomi songs,but i am very,very,very deeeeeply dissappointed that they didnt put a track that i have heard like a million times in the seasons,BOTH of them,its the track that plays on code geass season 1 in episode 5 from 20:37 to 22:20.Its when Euphie reveals that she is a princess,i havent heard it in any of the OSTS. that was just one example where it was played,it was there in like a million other times,like in R2 episode 19 at the very begining after the intro song,i mean comon,if the track was used rarely,like once or twice in the series then maybe they have a justification,but how the hell could they overlook THIS track which they used so much?????!!! man i was really sure that it would be in the last OST,damn shame...

Sprite_Coke
2008-09-25, 22:55
Welcome to the world of soundtracks. It's a fairly standard situation and I doubt you'll ever get the missing tracks.

Nope, if you go to ffshrine forums, there's plenty of soundtracks extracted from the anime itself, and edited. Also, the producers would want to make as much money as possible, so they can always release OST3 if they feel they're a little short on their income. Anyways, yea there's plenty of ways to get missing tracks.
The one I'm especially anticipated for is that theme when Jeremiah fights Anya and Kallen fights C.C..

dec4rhapsody
2008-09-26, 00:21
Excuse me, has anyone got the translation for REGENERATION?

Koshimizu
2008-09-26, 05:17
I asked the same question to someone on the profile message board :heh:
I want the lyrics too ^^This is the lyrics given in OST2, which starts at 1:53. Before 1:53 it's likely Hitomi-ish. ;)

Continued Story
Poem, composing by Hitomi Koroishi
Sung by HITOMI
その一粒のしずくでさえも
花を守るかもしれない
Maybe even a droplet of water can protect a flower.

その笑い顔ただそれだけで
差し伸べる手にもなれる
That smile by itself is enough to encourage a reaching hand.

その震えてる声集めれば
風を起こすかもしれない
Maybe gathering those trembling voice, it'll bring the wind.

その命という儚き明かり
灯して足を進めよう
The light of life is transient. Let's lit it and march forward.

ラララララララララン
いつかまた会おう
ラララララララララン
生きてる限り
Lalalalalalalalalalan~
As long as being alive, we'll meet again someday.

時を超え捕らえられてる
あふれるこの想いは何?
What is this overflowing affection, captured surpassing time?

優しさが眼尻に似合う
あの人たちは今どこに居るの?
Where are those people fitting with gentle eyes now?

隣には新しい席
未来のためにまた出会う
Next is a new seat.
We'll meet again, for the sake of future.

飾らないまま出来るだけ
生きてみよう今日という日
Try as much as possibile to live without embellishment.
Live in the day called "today".

悲しくて人は切ない
それでもどこまでも途は続く
People in sorrow will not forget their pain.
Even so, the road continues on and on.

*ラララララララララン
いつかまた会おう
ラララララララララン
生きてる限り
Lalalalalalalalalalan~

ラララララララララン
風が運ぶもの
ラララララララララン
明日を開くメロディ
Lalalalalalalalalalan~
What wind carries is the melody that opens tomorrow.

*repeats

z0rr023
2008-09-26, 05:33
is she the same person, who has sung Last Exile's ending (over the sky)....?

Koshimizu
2008-09-26, 07:04
is she the same person, who has sung Last Exile's ending (over the sky)....?Yes. 黒石ひとみ (Hitomi Kuroishi).
Her first personal album, Angel Feather Voice (http://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/B0018BXNL8/), was just released last month.

- Code Geass -
01. Innocent Days
02. Alone
03. Stories
04. Masquerade

- Gun X Sword -
05. La Speranza
06. Paradiso

- PlanetES -
07. PLANETES
08. A secret of the moon

- Last Exile -
09. A New World Has Come
10. Rays of hope
11. Prayer for Love
12. Requiem in the Air
13. Over The Sky

- PlanetES -
14. PLANETES[cadenza] (last episode ending version)

incorrupts
2008-09-26, 07:29
This is the lyrics given in OST2, which starts at 1:53. Before 1:53 it's likely Hitomi-ish. ;)

Continued Story
Sung by HITOMI
その一粒のしずくでさえも
花を守るかもしれない

その笑い顔ただそれだけで
差し伸べる手にもなれる

その震えてる声集めれば
風を起こすかもしれない

その命という儚き明かり
灯して足を進めよう

ラララララララララン
いつかまた会おう
ラララララララララン
生きてる限り
Lalalalalalalalalalan~

時を超え捕らえられてる
あふれるこの想いは何?

優しさが眼尻に似合う
あの人たちは今どこに居るの?

隣には新しい席
未来のためにまた出会う
Next is a new seat.

飾らないまま出来るだけ
生きてみよう今日という日

悲しくて人は切ない
それでもどこまでも途は続く

*ラララララララララン
いつかまた会おう
ラララララララララン
生きてる限り
Lalalalalalalalalalan~

ラララララララララン
風が運ぶもの
ラララララララララン
明日を開くメロディ
Lalalalalalalalalalan~

*repeats
Lol, true. {i love those not-understandable "lyrics" as well though XD}
I like it that for a change there is a song that has clearly a hopeful tone, if this is not the ending song i'll be really disappointed.

Thanks again.

buuzor
2008-09-26, 11:07
Ok this has bothered me for quite some time now and I decided to make an account here on these forums to see if anyone could tell me the name of a certain song. The melody has played constantly throughout many scenes in Code Geass and R2. The part that I remember the best where it can be heard was in episode eleven when c.c shows suzaku a "shocking" image... right after lelouch touches c.c he see's part of her past and the song starts playing (exactly when the mob is throwing rocks at the geass church). The song also plays later in the episode where c.c and lelouch are in the cave and c.c talks about how nothing about her is human. Anyone know where in the world this song can be found, I have listened to all the ost, even the R2 ones and can't find it.

Pink-chan
2008-09-26, 11:14
If it can't be found in any of the soundtrack, it s not released yet. It is in the list of unreleased background music. We can always expect a complete best + unreleased bgm just like Digimon Savers did after a year it ended. I hope they do release it.

This is the lyrics given in OST2, which starts at 1:53. Before 1:53 it's likely Hitomi-ish. ;)

Continued Story
Sung by HITOMI
その一粒のしずくでさえも
花を守るかもしれない

その笑い顔ただそれだけで
差し伸べる手にもなれる

その震えてる声集めれば
風を起こすかもしれない

その命という儚き明かり
灯して足を進めよう

ラララララララララン
いつかまた会おう
ラララララララララン
生きてる限り
Lalalalalalalalalalan~

時を超え捕らえられてる
あふれるこの想いは何?

優しさが眼尻に似合う
あの人たちは今どこに居るの?

隣には新しい席
未来のためにまた出会う
Next is a new seat.

飾らないまま出来るだけ
生きてみよう今日という日

悲しくて人は切ない
それでもどこまでも途は続く

*ラララララララララン
いつかまた会おう
ラララララララララン
生きてる限り
Lalalalalalalalalalan~

ラララララララララン
風が運ぶもの
ラララララララララン
明日を開くメロディ
Lalalalalalalalalalan~

*repeats

Thank you for sharing the lyrics. This song is likely to be played in the final episode. I'm not too sure about the other two, "Sensibility' and 'Lullaby of M' and where they can fit in? Well, Code Geass always surprise us. We shall know in 2 days time.

grunty
2008-09-26, 11:48
Nope, if you go to ffshrine forums, there's plenty of soundtracks extracted from the anime itself, and edited. Also, the producers would want to make as much money as possible, so they can always release OST3 if they feel they're a little short on their income. Anyways, yea there's plenty of ways to get missing tracks.

Enjoy your QUALITY, unless it comes from a multi channel mix that is easy to edit. Geass has stereo audio in all regions, so enjoy your SFX.

Lunara
2008-09-26, 16:10
Was Lullaby of M ever played?

incorrupts
2008-09-26, 16:24
Was Lullaby of M ever played?
I'm positive it was not.

Lunara
2008-09-26, 16:35
I'm positive it was not.

Thank you!:)

So then that must mean it's gonna be played in the final episode. I wonder what scene it will be played in.

Asleep
2008-09-26, 16:41
Are they going to have enough time to be able to play all the Hitomi/not yet played tracks?

incorrupts
2008-09-26, 16:46
Thank you!:)

So then that must mean it's gonna be played in the final episode. I wonder what scene it will be played in.

Hmm, might be the case. I would bet on "Continued Story" for sure though.

lovecakecookies
2008-09-26, 16:50
Are they going to have enough time to be able to play all the Hitomi/not yet played tracks?

Probably not, they probably had to scrap a few due to production issues or something.. who knows? maybe they will surprise and play 3 Hitomi songs in one episode... :)

Asleep
2008-09-26, 16:52
Probably not, they probably had to scrap a few due to production issues or something.. who knows? maybe they will surprise and play 3 Hitomi songs in one episode... :)

Did they play all the Hitomi tracks from season 1's OSTs? When were 'Alone' and 'With you' played?

incorrupts
2008-09-26, 16:57
Did they play all the Hitomi tracks from season 1's OSTs? When were 'Alone' and 'With you' played?

"With You" has been played various times, it just does not make it to the point where Hitomi sings. {it's more of a bg music track not actually song, considering there is not much singing anyway}

Koshimizu
2008-09-26, 19:12
Did they play all the Hitomi tracks from season 1's OSTs? When were 'Alone' and 'With you' played?Both at later half of Stage 21 (School Festival).
Alone - From Nunnally & Euphie's teatime to Lelouch & Milly scene.
With You - Lelouch & Euphie scene.

Asleep
2008-09-27, 00:32
Both at later half of Stage 21 (School Festival).
Alone - From Nunnally & Euphie's teatime to Lelouch & Milly scene.
With You - Lelouch & Euphie scene.

Thanks Koshimizu :)

So that means they will probably play all the remaining tracks. Continued Story is definitely for the end, but I don't know about the others...

Sprite_Coke
2008-09-27, 00:37
Not sure if the following falls under this topic, but it's gotta go somewhere so I'm putting it here.

In the OP (the current one), right before all the characters are shown, there is a cut of a mech shooting stuff out in space.
In early part of Turn 24, the Siegfried is in the exact same position, and missiles are flown out from exactly the same spots.

Rising Dragon
2008-09-27, 01:14
Not sure if the following falls under this topic, but it's gotta go somewhere so I'm putting it here.

In the OP (the current one), right before all the characters are shown, there is a cut of a mech shooting stuff out in space.
In early part of Turn 24, the Siegfried is in the exact same position, and missiles are flown out from exactly the same spots.

Stock footage is nothing new in anime.

Tenkaichi
2008-09-27, 01:24
Sigh. It kind of figures that some of the best tracks for me are ones that haven't even played yet. I got the OST as soon as I got home so that I could listen to it while I was at the gym but I was actually disappointed. OST 1 has a better mix of songs for me if I had to pick from the two.

I thought Guren would definitely be the violin track in the recent episode, but oh well. I'm still trying to be positive that they'll release just one more OST since it's been pointed out that there is plenty of songs left to be strung onto one OST, but who knows I guess... It wouldn't be the first time that most wanted songs were left out of something :(

vonLohengramm
2008-09-27, 03:08
It is in the list of unreleased background music.

is there actually a list of unreleased bgm music for cg somewhere?

GeostigmataShi
2008-09-27, 08:26
can somebody tell me the list of character song that had been released and hadn't been released ? both r1 and r2...

Sprite_Coke
2008-09-27, 11:55
can somebody tell me the list of character song that had been released and hadn't been released ? both r1 and r2...

Go to this thread. Code Geass Drama CD Discussion (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=44919)

GeostigmataShi
2008-09-28, 00:14
thank you very much ^^

Sprite_Coke
2008-09-28, 01:17
is there actually a list of unreleased bgm music for cg somewhere?

I second this request.
I know Lullaby of M and Continued Story hasn't been played for sure.
Not sure about others.

I'm pretty confident Continued Story will be played, but from what it sounds like, I feel like they're just going to narrate/flash images when it's being played. (a conclusion drawn from the fact that the melody is very repetitious). Less than a few hours to go till we find out. Hopefully that won't come true, but I've discussed on the possible styles of endings before (as in not the context, but how they portray the endings).
So I believe that CG will have similar style to FMA's ending (not the movie, but the last episode of the series). And "Continued Story" is very similar in genre/tone when compared to the BGM of FMA's ending.

Sprite_Coke
2008-09-28, 05:28
"Code Geass Complete Best"
"Coming Soon"
said the commercial after Turn25.
I assume it meant OST because it played variety of Code Geass BGM when the commercial was airing.

Samanosuke
2008-09-28, 05:40
Complete best usually included all openings , ending and inserts songs.
Doubt it will contain any BGM , but one can always hope.
What i'm wondering about though is...
Sensibility , it didn't play did it O_o
I think other few tracks from the R2 OSt's haven't played , but i'm not sure..Can someone confirm ?

finalnight
2008-09-28, 06:20

Called it! Final song used while CC was in wagon was Continued Story!

Pink-chan
2008-09-28, 08:04
Sensibility and Lullaby of M isn't played. Well, they could have pulled a Digimon Savers, They released a complete best with unreleased bgm previously isn't it. We can still hope.

plau
2008-09-28, 08:59
Is the BGM for when Lelouch is killed in any of the OSTs? I really like that piece of music.

Ottocycle
2008-09-28, 09:12
"Code Geass Complete Best"
"Coming Soon"
said the commercial after Turn25.
I assume it meant OST because it played variety of Code Geass BGM when the commercial was airing.
All the 'Complete Best' albums that I have seen of anime music only have been a compilation of the OP/ED. Gundam SEED+ Destiny, Eureka 7, and FMA. Save one, Honey and Clover's, in which a little BGM got added along with the OP/EDs.

plau
2008-09-28, 09:13
you never know, Code Geass might be a little different.

roon
2008-09-28, 09:37
Is the BGM for when Lelouch is killed in any of the OSTs? I really like that piece of music.

Madder Sky from R2 OST1. Epic piece of music.

Witacume
2008-09-28, 09:40
wait was sensibility ever played?

I think i found our delete scene.

Enjou
2008-09-28, 10:02

Dude, some of us haven't seen the last episode yet - use spoiler tags!

Semisomnus
2008-09-28, 13:58
Hi, anyone know what track plays from about 05:34-07:26 in the last ep?

Dansen
2008-09-28, 14:58
Can anyone tell me what insert song was playing in the last episode?

germanturkey
2008-09-28, 15:15
yeah. insert song title please.

and yeah, madder sky. great song.

Vakir
2008-09-28, 15:16
wait was sensibility ever played?

I think i found our delete scene.

Confrontation wasn't played either.

Keep trying, though!

Sprite_Coke
2008-09-28, 15:17
Can anyone tell me what insert song was playing in the last episode?

'Continued Story' by Hitomi from Code Geass R2 OST 2

Inferno Phoenyx
2008-09-28, 15:41
What the insert song when Lelouch was giving his Zero mask to Suzaku

zalem
2008-09-28, 15:45
What the insert song when Lelouch was giving his Zero mask to Suzaku

That was Madder Sky from the R2 OST 1.

germanturkey
2008-09-28, 16:08
so i'm on my 5th listen of Continued Story. its like Stories, but much better.

Asleep
2008-09-28, 16:31
I really loved how Madder Sky was used. I loved that track so much and I thought they wouldn't use it at all, but the way it was used was epic. Even though I hated what was happening.

Continued Story was obviously great :)

bran
2008-09-28, 16:59
With no doubt my fav is Desperation
so sad and tragic
i like nunally too
when it was played in the kallen and lelouch scene kissing and gazing at each other it gave me the feeling of a wife sending her husband to war both holding their feeling they could never meet again T_T

jedi423
2008-09-28, 17:09
I wish they had played the end of Continued Story instead of Ali Project at the end of the episode, but things are as they are. At least until someone decides to make their own version

Lunara
2008-09-28, 17:11
I really loved Continued Story. It really did give a happy ending feeling to it. It's nice to see that many of the characters have moved on with their lives.

Sprite_Coke
2008-09-28, 17:13
I wish they had played the end of Continued Story instead of Ali Project at the end of the episode, but things are as they are. At least until someone decides to make their own version

Not Continued Story but one of the other unused tracks, maybe Lullaby of M would've been fitting.
Seriously, down with Ali Project

Spectacular_Insanity
2008-09-28, 17:14
Desperation and World End are my two favorite pieces of music for this series. Not only are they great to listen to, they are also compelling. The fact that they not only sound nice but also bring up the emotions you associate with characters and scenes is something really special in my opinion.

Asleep
2008-09-28, 17:14
Not Continued Story but one of the other unused tracks, maybe Lullaby of M would've been fitting.
Seriously, down with Ali Project

Or Sensibility? It would fit in the end credits nicely too.

jedi423
2008-09-28, 17:40
Or Sensibility? It would fit in the end credits nicely too.

Anything different (preferably by Hitomi) would have been good, if just felt to normal to have the last episode end with that song. Plus I don't really like the song to begin with

Inferno Phoenyx
2008-09-28, 17:57
Kallen's character song comes out today, right?

lovecakecookies
2008-09-28, 17:59
Kallen's character song comes out today, right?

I think the CD is released on October 1st..

Shiroth
2008-09-28, 18:06
I just knew it, the new BGM piece used in R2 hasn't appeared on either of the soundtracks. The world does hate me after all.

SaintessHeart
2008-09-28, 18:09
If I am a Bird by Hitomi is such an apt piece for Rolo's death, he died of cardiac arrest while setting Lulu free.

Anyway what is the name for ED2?

Inferno Phoenyx
2008-09-28, 19:22
I think the CD is released on October 1st..

All character songs?

Shiroth
2008-09-28, 20:10
I'm quite surprised the piece of music that was used before 'Continued Story' started to play in the last episode is no where to be found. Such a shame as well, it's a great piece.

zalem
2008-09-28, 20:15
I'm quite surprised the piece of music that was used before 'Continued Story' started to play in the last episode is no where to be found. Such a shame as well, it's a great piece.

You mean that slow piece that plays when his life/memories "flashes before his eyes"? I thought it would be on one of the OSTs, but that I just missed it. I guess not. What's the chance they'll make an OST 3?

Spectacular_Insanity
2008-09-28, 21:27
I just listened to the CG R2 OST 1, and my favorite songs are thus:

03 - Madder Sky
-Epic. My most overused praise-word, but I can't help it. It keeps the tension low then slowly builds it up with great softness then goes louder and louder.
04 - Beautiful Emperor
-A song that mostly puts out an impression of power and inexorability. Of what you ask? Mostly Lelouch.
08 - Across the Borderline
-Great "before the battle, buildup of forces" song. It slowly builds tension with enough epic to make it exciting. Seems like a Black Knight theme song.
13 - Lullaby of M
-Sweet and touching. Hitomi has the voice of an angel.
14 - If I Were a Bird
-Rolo's death theme song. T_T Very childlike piano/music box solo.
21 - The Master
-Awesome brass-blasting power combined with choir to give a very epic "OBEY ME!" feel.
22 - Siegfried
-This is definitely a "final battle" song, which makes sense since the battle with Siegfried was V.V.'s last hurrah.

And why are there two separate tracks named "World Depression"? It's kinda weird, since the two songs don't really have all that much in common other than a similar mood.

I'll put my fav ones from CG R2 OST 2 later.

rebellion
2008-09-28, 23:00
what was the song during kallen and suzaku's final battle?
and the one where CC is looking up into damocles and saying how "Fighting is in the history of people"? sounds kinda oriental like.

Usami Haru
2008-09-28, 23:11
I am not the only one who has been listening the R2 O.S.T's (Especially Continued Story) all day, right? ....right?

I still want the track that played when Nunnally opened her eyes in Turn 24, though.

phantomdog2
2008-09-29, 00:48
Can someone tell me a song that was played in the last episode?

It was the part when Suzaku stabbed Lelouch and a soft piano tune played in the background after everything fell silent for a couple of seconds. Could someone tell me if it came out in an OST please.

mr.questionguy
2008-09-29, 05:59
hmmm,there are many missing background musics of the Series which arent in any of the OSTS,i really DO hope that there will be some other OST or something to complete the missing songs.cant anyone report to the makers of the series and tell them "hey,u forgot some of the most used songs,mind making one more OST plz??" :o

Shiroth
2008-09-29, 08:50
What's the chance they'll make an OST 3?
I can't see there people enough material for a third soundtrack. There's at least 6 BGM's missing, and that's counting some that appeared in the first season.

Can someone tell me a song that was played in the last episode?

It was the part when Suzaku stabbed Lelouch and a soft piano tune played in the background after everything fell silent for a couple of seconds. Could someone tell me if it came out in an OST please.
Check a few posts up, and you'll see how i've mentioned that it doesn't appear on either of the two soundtracks.

ElPadre
2008-09-29, 13:53
Does anyone know the song that starts playing when Jeremiah's frame is destroyed and suicides on Mordred? :)

Shuuda
2008-09-29, 14:12
Does anyone know the song that starts playing when Jeremiah's frame is destroyed and suicides on Mordred? :)

I believe it's "Blue Tiger" on the Second R2 OST.

Masterkeyes2
2008-09-29, 14:14
So do we have a launch date for the Code Geass best?

Sprite_Coke
2008-09-29, 14:28
So do we have a launch date for the Code Geass best?

The commercial said "Comming Soon"

Masterkeyes2
2008-09-29, 14:44

Gah even the launch dates are "left to interpretation"!

-KarumA-
2008-09-29, 15:05

I told you so there would a best album, hopefully the missed themes will be on it :)

Sprite_Coke
2008-09-29, 15:34
I told you so there would a best album, hopefully the missed themes will be on it :)

To me??

I hope that too, especially the theme with kickass string parts from Turn 24 (when Jeremiah fights Anya and Guren fights Pincelot)
But someone had to be a downer and say that the Complete Best albums usualy only include OPs, EDs, and insert songs. During the commercial, they did only roll the non BGM musics.... We'll find out soon enough I guess.

incorrupts
2008-09-29, 15:38
I checked a few pages back {sorry if i missed it} but what was the track that played during the Suzu/Lulu lake scene in R2 episode 22?

Sprite_Coke
2008-09-29, 15:43
I checked a few pages back {sorry if i missed it} but what was the track that played during the Suzu/Lulu lake scene in R2 episode 22?

"Pure Feelings"

-KarumA-
2008-09-29, 15:52
To me??

I hope that too, especially the theme with kickass string parts from Turn 24 (when Jeremiah fights Anya and Guren fights Pincelot)
But someone had to be a downer and say that the Complete Best albums usualy only include OPs, EDs, and insert songs. During the commercial, they did only roll the non BGM musics.... We'll find out soon enough I guess.

everyone in general actually as soon as R2 OST2 came out XD
whieh~

Shiroth
2008-09-29, 17:28
Complete Best won't have any BGM tracks on it. The only place the missing BGM tracks could appear now is on a drama or a character CD.

roon
2008-09-29, 17:32
Complete Best could come with a second CD including BGMs. Mai Otome and Honey & Clover did just the same, among others I'm guessing.

Shiroth
2008-09-29, 17:35
Complete Best could come with a second CD including BGMs. Mai Otome and Honey & Clover did just the same, among others I'm guessing.
That is an option i hope comes true.

-KarumA-
2008-09-29, 18:03
Complete Best won't have any BGM tracks on it. The only place the missing BGM tracks could appear now is on a drama or a character CD.

normally that is the case but we know the character cd's wont have the missing themes since there are already R2 character songs without BGM tracks on them

maybe they will do it differently with geass, all we can do is hope :heh:

edit: darnit Roon =P

Theron
2008-09-29, 18:10
Damn, I can't stop listening to Continued Story. Somebody stop me! ^______^

Shiroth
2008-09-29, 18:26
Why would i wanna stop you from listening to one very beautiful piece of music? :3

I know how you feel and i'm sure we're not the only ones.

Theron
2008-09-29, 18:36
It reminds me of how I listened to "Princess Mononoke" for hours and days... Good music captivates.

dumbo63
2008-09-29, 22:01
Does anyone know what the BGM is called for the first episode when he regains his memories?

Inferno Phoenyx
2008-09-29, 22:10

I can't stop listening to If I were a Bird!!!

Well I'm going to go sleep with the OST on.

Yu Ominae
2008-09-29, 22:40
Can't seem to find the music where Lelouch is being chased by Rolo near the Chinese Federation consulate.