PDA

View Full Version : Which anime/manga had the best sibling pair?

babybro
2007-12-11, 09:42
Well it seems best threads always seem to last long times here, (as the majority of the many page threads on here seem to be about what is the best {fill in the blank} So what do you guys think is the best sibling pair, meaning the best siblings in anime?

1st) Sango and Kohaku: I never seen a better sibling relationship before in any anime. It was so good, she didn't really need romance. The Sango X Miroku thing was just an extra plus to her character, but her bread and butter was kohaku. It provided the audience that you don't have to have a romance relationship to make them stick out.

2nd) Enishi and Tomoe: They were pretty good, just wish they had more face time, but enishi turn out to be a major bad ass so big props.

Honorable Mention

Mai and Takumi: They would have easily been second if their relationship didn't head to the poop shoot after a while. Such wasted potential.

Zero Shinohara
2007-12-11, 09:55
Siblings as in whole family or only brothers/sisters?

If you're talking about the entire family, let me be the first one to point out:

Izumi Konata and Izumi Soujirou. - I won't dwell much on this, but I think their pairing was just awesome. Not only they're friends with each-other, but they even share the same otaku tastes and hobbies. It's hard to see such a great matching pair out there these days.

Kagami and Tsukasa - Perfect opposites. Can you ask for more?

EXEs
2007-12-11, 10:13
Shuusuke and Sayuri from Myself: Yourself. Watch ep 10 to see what I mean :)

khryoleoz
2007-12-11, 10:39
I don't know what we mean by the best sibling pair, but here are some shocking ones who didn't give a hoot about their taboo relationship.

Iku and Yori Yuuki from Boku wa Imouto ni Koi wo Suru
Sara and Setsuna Mudou from Angel Sanctuary
Sorath and Tyrael from Shana
Xia Yu Lan and Xia Yu Fan from FMP! TSR

The Chaos
2007-12-11, 10:50
Shuusuke X Sayuri -----> Myself: Yourself
Tenma X Yakumo ------> School Rumble
Lelouch X Nunnally----->Code Geass
Hikaru X Kaoru ------->Ouran HOst Club
Kyou X Ryou -----> Clannad
That my List for now....:D

babybro
2007-12-11, 10:54
I don't know what we mean by the best sibling pair, but here are some shocking ones who didn't give a hoot about their taboo relationship.

Iku and Yori Yuuki from Boku wa Imouto ni Koi wo Suru
Sara and Setsuna Mudou from Angel Sanctuary
Sorath and Tyrael from Shana
Xia Yu Lan and Xia Yu Fan from FMP! TSR

LOL, that isn't what I meant actually. Mostly your favorite sibling pair, could be because of their close bond or sibling rivalry, never been into the whole incest ordeal and never will LOL.

andromeda0201
2007-12-11, 11:10
Edward Elric and Alfonso Elric (Full metal Alchemist)

Shannon, Raquel and Pacifica Casull (Scrapped Princess)

Kurau and Christmas (Kurau Phantom Memory)

tripperazn
2007-12-11, 11:38
Shuusuke and Sayuri from Myself: Yourself. Watch ep 10 to see what I mean :)

Seconded. What they say in ep 10 is one thing, but will they follow up on that? Either way, this is one of the closest sibling pairs in recent anime and the one that came to mind.

Grimkill7
2007-12-11, 13:50
Definitely the Wakatsuki twins from Myself; Yourself. As others have said, watch episode 10.

Spectacular_Insanity
2007-12-11, 17:41
Edward and Alphonse Elric - Fullmetal Alchemist

Dorii and Gura - Utawarerumono ("Waka-sama!" XD)

Oppius
2007-12-12, 03:09
Kira and Cagalli from Gundam Seed/Destiny

Haruo and Maika from Magikano

KholdStare
2007-12-12, 03:25
Definitely my favorite is Shuu and Shuri from Myself ; Yourself.

Besides from that, none really stands out.

babybro
2007-12-12, 04:15
Definitely my favorite is Shuu and Shuri from Myself ; Yourself.

Besides from that, none really stands out.

Eh your serious? I can understand myself: yourself right now being popular by many because it's a brand new series, and it's still coming out. Because it's the new thing out, many people associate it as the best. But their relationship pales in comparison to kohaku and sango. I saw episode 10 today and I give them props, there bond is pretty strong but doesn't compare to even mai and takumi imo, even though their relationship change. I just don't get the big deal about them.

Kirarakim
2007-12-12, 10:31
Ed and Al from FMA are definitely my favorite siblings.

I am also quite fond of Simon and Kamina from Gurren Lagann. Sure they aren't really related but they might as well be. :)

Yasako/Kyoko from Dennou Coil and Satsuki/Mei from Totoro are also adorable.

khryoleoz
2007-12-13, 01:40
I see.

In that case, I'm quite fond of Sukuran's Tsukamoto sisters.
Sakura and Toya Kinomoto are great too.
The Testarossa siblings provide very interesting dynamic tension being that they're enemies.
Maya and Shin Natsume were fascinating but at the same time sort of creepy.
Miki Koishikawa and Yuu Matsuura were painfully daring (during the time we thought they were actually siblings).
Mahiro and Kazuki Muto were interesting too in that they had very similar personalities.
Tomoe and Enishi Yukishiro were really intense in their tragedy.
Koishiro Saeki and Nanoka Kohinata were definitely controversial but out of those that explored the taboo side of things were the most believable and almost sympathetic...ALMOST!

Although, I did think that Xia Yu Lan and Xia Yu Fan were really hot!

aka Providence
2007-12-13, 03:33
Hansel and Gretel from Black Lagoon --twins, cute, and very sadistic and/or insane.

Khaos
2007-12-13, 03:38
Mion & Shion @ Higurashi

The Chaos
2007-12-31, 09:44
Shuusuke X Sayuri -----> Myself: Yourself
Tenma X Yakumo ------> School Rumble
Lelouch X Nunnally----->Code Geass
Hikaru X Kaoru ------->Ouran HOst Club
Kyou X Ryou -----> Clannad
That my List for now....:D

Add To My Long List...
Minami Sisters -----> Minami-ke
Ed X Al -----> FMA
Pacifica X Shannon X Raquel ------> Scrapped Princess

Js2756
2007-12-31, 13:32
Do they have to be biologically related? If not, I have a soft spot for Shiki and Akiha from Tsukihime.

KholdStare
2007-12-31, 14:07
Eh your serious? I can understand myself: yourself right now being popular by many because it's a brand new series, and it's still coming out. Because it's the new thing out, many people associate it as the best. But their relationship pales in comparison to kohaku and sango. I saw episode 10 today and I give them props, there bond is pretty strong but doesn't compare to even mai and takumi imo, even though their relationship change. I just don't get the big deal about them.

Yes, I forgot about Kohaku and Sango in InuYasha. However, it wasn't the earlier episodes that made me like them, but it was towards the end (more specifically Episode 163: Kohaku, Sango and Kirara: The Secret Flower Garden) really touched me and still remained one of the best episodes of anime that I have watched. For Myself; Yourself, I'll have to use a spoiler tag. If you're not going to read it because you don't want to spoil yourself, then I can assure you that there is a reason for my choice and it isn't because they're in a brand new series.

What I loved about their relationship when they posted this was how much they care about each other. The drama at that time was very intense and unusual, since there is no romance or action, but just the love between the siblings were so incredible and touching. Of course, when I posted, the incest thing implications wasn't there so I thought that they portrayed a wonderful relationship between twins. Now, however, I'm not sure what to think anymore

Kyou x Ryou of Clannad deserves a special mention as well, after episode 12 anyways. I'm beginning to like them more.

kucigaromeo
2007-12-31, 14:33
Kyō and Asu from Binbō Shimai Monogatari (tales of poor sisters) they're complementing each other overcoming the hardship of poverty.

babybro
2007-12-31, 19:51
Do they have to be biologically related? If not, I have a soft spot for Shiki and Akiha from Tsukihime.

Yes, I forgot about Kohaku and Sango in InuYasha. However, it wasn't the earlier episodes that made me like them, but it was towards the end (more specifically Episode 163: Kohaku, Sango and Kirara: The Secret Flower Garden) really touched me and still remained one of the best episodes of anime that I have watched. For Myself; Yourself, I'll have to use a spoiler tag. If you're not going to read it because you don't want to spoil yourself, then I can assure you that there is a reason for my choice and it isn't because they're in a brand new series.

What I loved about their relationship when they posted this was how much they care about each other. The drama at that time was very intense and unusual, since there is no romance or action, but just the love between the siblings were so incredible and touching. Of course, when I posted, the incest thing implications wasn't there so I thought that they portrayed a wonderful relationship between twins. Now, however, I'm not sure what to think anymore

Kyou x Ryou of Clannad deserves a special mention as well, after episode 12 anyways. I'm beginning to like them more.

JS: Not technically, people have already mention people who were close that weren't really siblings.

Kholdstare: Hmm...I guess we share the same, even though the beginning was a bit different for me. From the beginning, When Sango protected Kohaku in Sango's introduction. I have never seen that for an older sister/little brother type (my personal favorite) So I watched inuyasha only to see what would happen between Sango and Kohaku.

I liked the twins in myself:yourself and have just watched the anime. While the ending was...interesting, to say the least. The relationship seemed mostly one-sided imo. While they were indeed close (holding hands in the street proves that), it seems it was mostly shuusuke that was there for his sister and not vice versa. For example, When she cries, shuusuke hugs her or comforts her, but when shuusuke cries at the end during the train ride, Shuri doesn't say or do anything. She just allows him to cry on window

Phantasmagoria
2008-01-01, 03:05
Is Maria-sama ga Miteru counted ? The girls are not biologically related, but they took on the roles of sisters.. If yes, Yumi & Sachiko~

Miko Miko
2008-01-01, 10:57
Souseiseki and Suiseiseki from Rozen Maiden.
Tsukasa and Kagami from Lucky Star
Shion and Mion From Higurashi

oo there all twins!! ^^

ReizoSan
2008-01-01, 14:41
Well if you looked into the Myself;Yourself thread you will see the overall user ratings for the series was quite poor its just there friendship and togetherness through hardship stuck into the peoples minds who watched that anime, but other than that i would say Kyou Ryou (Clannad) i just love the style of them.

KholdStare
2008-01-01, 14:45
I'm not sure if babybro and I said it clearly, but while the arc that we mentioned may be really good, the ending, in my opinion at least, is poorly done. No matter how good an anime is in the beginning or middle, if it doesn't have a strong sense of closure, then the final impressions of the series will not be that excellent.

There are some very memorable episodes in Myself; Yourself that I consider to be the best of anime I've watched. However, its ending made it just one of the typical romance series. I rated it 7/10.

As I said before also, Kyou and Ryou showed a great bond in episode 12. I was actually surprised.

Chikaru sama
2008-01-02, 09:15
Kyou + Ryou = CLANNAD
Kagami + Tsukasa = Lucky Star

Dont u find Kyou + Ryou and Kagami + Tsukasa r like common with the styles of the chars xD?
this is wat i think maybe i think that beycsae of the hair styles and the colour with the same animation company

The Chaos
2008-01-02, 09:27
Dont u find Kyou + Ryou and Kagami + Tsukasa r like common with the styles of the chars xD?
this is wat i think maybe i think that beycsae of the hair styles and the colour with the same animation company

Your Right I'v Never Thought Of That Intel You Said That.. :)

Claymore_Obsessed
2008-01-02, 16:07
Suiseiseki and Souseiseki of course desu!
Even if Sui rules sooo much more than Sou...

triggerc
2008-01-03, 09:10
If they don't have to be related by blood, Kamina and Simon from TTGL, they are brothers enough

babybro
2008-01-03, 17:56
If they don't have to be related by blood, Kamina and Simon from TTGL, they are brothers enough

well they should at least mention that the person is like their brother or sister during the manga/anime. Otherwise they could be just really close friends.

Mystic_Blue_Roses
2008-06-12, 19:57
MIne would go to Edward And Alphonse elric form Fullmetal Alchemist! Their relationship is just so toching... :) And its my fav pairing in fullmetal Alchemist (PLZ DONT FLAME ME FOR MY OPINION)

yezhanquan
2008-06-12, 20:02
Hmmmm... Midou Ban and Kudo Himiko from Getbackers. (In the manga, it's revealed that they are siblings.)

Kyuuketsuki42221
2008-06-20, 18:56
Myself: Yourself, the twins
or
Ouran High School Host Club, the twins
or
Hitsuji no Uta, the brother and the sister with the vampire disease

kk2extreme
2008-06-20, 19:19
dont forget kanokon, the twins, they are just so funny.

Kyuuketsuki42221
2008-06-20, 19:32
Well, its pretty much unanimous that twins usually make the vest sibling pairs.

i Like the older sister in Tonagura though, motherly. and Marie-chan from the same series, loli girls with guns, what more can you ask for.

mcruz1014
2008-06-20, 23:14
OMGZ!!! Why iz ever1 4getting teh Itachi brothers?! Joo guyz r so stoopid. Dey r liek, so awesome nd have real good fighting skills. Nd by the way, Naruto roolez and is waaaaay better than every other show out there!!!!!
;)

james0246
2008-06-21, 02:47
Masamori x Yashimori - Kekkaishi (especially the manga)

Koshiro x Nanoka - Koi Kaze

Proto
2008-06-21, 09:40
For true brotherly/sisterly love and not just some obscure japanese fetish:

-Tsubasa and Hikaru from Figure 17
-Kurau and Christmas from Kurau Phantom Memory
-Shannon, Raquel and Pacifica Casull from Scrapped Princess

so kudos to inujun :p

SeijiSensei
2008-06-21, 09:49
I don't know if I'd call them "best," but certainly Johan and Ana from Monster form an "interesting" pair of siblings.

Ana just needed to be a better shot, or Tenma needed to be less competent.
I also like the relationship between Ryukki and Seiran in Saiunkoku Monogatari.

And while they're not really siblings, the quasi-sibling relationship between Shinkarou and Murasaki in Kure-nai is just lovely.

Amray
2008-06-21, 12:41
Edward and Alphonse Elric. No question.

Eczema
2008-10-14, 05:03
Souseiseki and Suiseiseki from Rozen Maiden
Kagami and Tsukasa from Lucky Star
Rika and Risa from D.N.Angel
Kyou and Ryou from Clannad

Notice how the former is always the more serious, responsible, and confident sister, while the latter is cutesy and more feminine? And in all the above cases, I prefer the former.

Although not a pair, but the Minami sisters from Minami-ke are the ultimate win family.

Kaze
2008-10-14, 08:18
Edward and Alphonse Elric. No question.

Agreed, one of the best out there.