PDA

View Full Version : Which Anime Ending Would You Remake?

Laconitolatina
2008-02-21, 12:34
Hey i kno theres alot of anime out there that you absolutely loved but hated the ending well tell me which endings would you remake it doesnt even have to be the ending it could be a situtation or something for an example

I LOVED I MEAN LOVED paradise kiss BUT I HATED THE ENDING ::SPOILER:: george went to france and yukari (caroline) and him parted!!!!!!

END SPOILER::
I WOULD HAVE made it different i mean who doesnt love a happy ending i kno its chezzy sumtimes but i would have continued it like she would have went to NY with her fiance but when she sees george their feelings will re-apear unable to hold it any longer she decides to tell her fiance that she loves him and cant love him ever a 100% the way she should and that her hearts always belonged to george her fiance being understanding lol accepts and moves on and george and yukari live happily ever after in NY where yukari will still be pursuing her modeling career and george will still be designing his wonder ful clothes.

lol

or i would change that kagome will go with that wolf guy i forgot his name and inuyasha will go with kikyo

YEA SO SUE me lol

i want to hear your opinion bout the animes you ll change

Grimkill7
2008-02-21, 12:52
Gantz. I would make it follow the manga until completion. Or at least set it up with several seasons so that it could accomplish that.

Sola. I would NOT have Yorito and Matsuri die like that. It still angers me that out of the three main characters, Aono got the good ending. I would probably script it so Yorito and Matsuri got married. So what if he is just paper?

Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann. As epic as it was, I thought the ending to be a little lame. Nia should have lived and been together with Simon. I think Viral should have been the lone wanderer instead of Simon since he could tell the tale of the Dai-Gurren Brigade forever, just as Genome intended with his immortal body.

roninhobbit
2008-02-21, 15:18
Evangelion. I mean, there was some great parts to the ending, but the rest of it was just so "wtf is going on?".

And I second the Gantz comment.

KholdStare
2008-02-21, 17:39
I didn't even remember sola's ending until I read Grimkill7's spoiler, and that is because the ending was probably so bad that it wasn't memorable enough for me to remember it. It was such a pity too, because I remember loving sola before it ended.

School Days was great. I think we all know what I wanted to remake.

Meh, the ending episode was pretty good but I didn't really wanted it to end there. I didn't want a sequel either. I wanted the second movie to be in a form of 5 more episodes or something. ;)

For the love of God I just want this ending remade so I don't have to see people arguing about Lucy's death every minute. I personally didn't mind the ending, but that was due to my optimistic interpretation.

I couldn't believe how such a great anime that I watch for hours without knowing time passed had an ending that took away my interest.

I thought it was too confusing. Maybe add one or two more episode and stretch out the plot to make it less confusing.

And lastly,

Up until episode 11 I was giving Myself ; Yourself a 10/10 (I've only given 3 anime a ten overall so far) but then the ending knocked that down 3 points.

Spectacular_Insanity
2008-02-21, 18:13
They should have figured out a way to destroy just Dii and not have to put Hakuoro to sleep. It made Eruruu and Aruruu sad.

It was the most unfair thing I've ever seen. So sad. They went all that way just to die in the end. Depressing is an understatement.

If only Priscilla had died. I would have been SO happy then. But NOOOOO, Raki that dumbass screwed it all up. Claire should have killed both of them! :frustrated:

Goddamn blatant cliffhangers. I hate them all.

And last but not least....

Simon should have used his spiral power to revive Nia. I think he deserved at least that little bit of happiness after, you know... FREEING THE UNIVERSE.

qtipbrit
2008-02-21, 19:13
Gantz. I would make it follow the manga until completion. Or at least set it up with several seasons so that it could accomplish that.

Sola. I would NOT have Yorito and Matsuri die like that. It still angers me that out of the three main characters, Aono got the good ending. I would probably script it so Yorito and Matsuri got married. So what if he is just paper?

Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann. As epic as it was, I thought the ending to be a little lame. Nia should have lived and been together with Simon. I think Viral should have been the lone wanderer instead of Simon since he could tell the tale of the Dai-Gurren Brigade forever, just as Genome intended with his immortal body.
Not every anime can have a good ending, you know. :heh:
Sola's ending wasn't what I would have wanted, but it was probably the best ending it could have received without being overly cliched and such.
I agree with you on Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann, though. It's a series that really just gives you a bleack outlook on romance in general. Also, what did Viral do after the end of the series. :confused:
Up until episode 11 I was giving Myself ; Yourself a 10/10 (I've only given 3 anime a ten overall so far) but then the ending knocked that down 3 points.
I wonder how it ended in the visual novel? I'm quite sure that the visual novel was released as the anime was airing, so it may have affected the ending of the series, which was, yes, very rushed, and quite unfulfilling.

EXEs
2008-02-21, 23:43
The TTGL ending was fine the way it is, I guess. If Nia was brought back to life, then potentially they can bring back everyone, Kittan, the rest of the Dai-Gurren Dan, hell even Kamina. Then that will seriously screw up the show.

Alleluia_Cone
2008-02-22, 01:03
Claymore is truly the most despicable when all things are considered.

I won't go into a full-detail analysis, but just in general terms it failed in almost every respect.

- It diverged from the manga, which out of the things it did wrong I can forgive, since it really had no choice:

- It brought no resolution what so ever, and in fact, left things in a complete state of vagueness; not only the story, but the morality of the main character, since her crucial decision did not even make sense based on the the ideals that were appealed to when making that decision.

- Since there was no resolution, it made it seem like a second season was a possibility, because there never really was an ending, only, they diverged so badly from the manga it is impossible to go back to that storyline.

I would just like to add that, when confronted with such a situation as Claymore was, where it was going to be impossible to either keep up with the manga because of the pace or because the anime was only ever going to be one season, I always prefer that the anime just end on a high note within the arc it is on in correspondence to the manga. Examples include Black Lagoon and Shigurui. In both cases the manga are still running even though the anime have long since finished, but at least they went out on an appropriate note, and didn't just butcher the story to come to a tediously ambiguous conclusion.

qtipbrit
2008-02-22, 01:31
The TTGL ending was fine the way it is, I guess. If Nia was brought back to life, then potentially they can bring back everyone, Kittan, the rest of the Dai-Gurren Dan, hell even Kamina. Then that will seriously screw up the show.
Why would they need to bring back Kamina anyway? Did he die in the first place? And shouldn't you have spoiler tags on your post? :heh:
Keep in mind that "a true man never dies, even if he's killed..."
is what I believe the line was translated as in one of the subs.

Ithekro
2008-02-22, 02:01
The end of Farewell to Space Battleship Yamato. (Technically they did remake it for the second series of Yamato, but the resolution was different...so they could continue the series.)

Everything was great and fitting, but I just wanted to 'see' the end of the ship. flying off into space and seeing a flash and a crashing sound seemed to be not enough. The last glorious charge of the Space Battleship Yamato, in the name of Love and for Earth ramming Zordar's Dreadnought would have been more satifying for me. They got it right for Final Yamato however.

Z3120
2008-02-22, 02:15
His and Her Circumstances.

Darklord_bg
2008-02-22, 02:39

I definitely agree with that sentiment. However, I think people wanted Nia not to die in the first place, not bring her back to life. There was a HUGE debate on that topic in the last episode thread for TTGL, and I don't want to get into it, but the main idea was that her death accomplished nothing and it was a poor plot choice to have her die.

Personally, I never cared too much about Nia, since much better characters got shafted, but I have to agree that her death seemed a little random.

Claymore is truly the most despicable when all things are considered.

I won't go into a full-detail analysis, but just in general terms it failed in almost every respect.

- It diverged from the manga, which out of the things it did wrong I can forgive, since it really had no choice:

- It brought no resolution what so ever, and in fact, left things in a complete state of vagueness; not only the story, but the morality of the main character, since her crucial decision did not even make sense based on the the ideals that were appealed to when making that decision.

- Since there was no resolution, it made it seem like a second season was a possibility, because there never really was an ending, only, they diverged so badly from the manga it is impossible to go back to that storyline.

I would just like to add that, when confronted with such a situation as Claymore was, where it was going to be impossible to either keep up with the manga because of the pace or because the anime was only ever going to be one season, I always prefer that the anime just end on a high note within the arc it is on in correspondence to the manga. Examples include Black Lagoon and Shigurui. In both cases the manga are still running even though the anime have long since finished, but at least they went out on an appropriate note, and didn't just butcher the story to come to a tediously ambiguous conclusion.

Yeah, I definitely agree about Claymore - the ending totally ruined the show and any possibility for a sequel. They should have just ended it like in the manga just before the time-skip, with

Clarisse counting the swords of the dead Claymores and realizing there were seven missing.

This would have been a powerful cliffhanger and would perfectly set the stage for a second season. Probably Madhouse was never planning on making a second season, though even if that was the case, the manga ending before the time skip would be far better than the anime ending they chose.

Also, I've mentioned this in another thread, but the endings for Tenjo Tenge and Air Gear totally sucked.

The Chaos
2008-02-22, 02:47
If only Priscilla had died. I would have been SO happy then. But NOOOOO, Raki that dumbass screwed it all up. Claire should have killed both of them! :frustrated:

I Second That..>.<

I Wished That Kira Never Died ... But That Near Kid I Hate Him :frustrated:

ac3y
2008-02-22, 02:52
Ending of Darker than Black:

1) Seemed rushed.
2) Was confusing. (Just...confusing)
3) Didn't really give closure. (I mean, sure it leaves things open for season 2, and I hope there is a season 2, but... x_x)

Oppius
2008-02-22, 04:42
Instead killing each other, Sumire and Lucia defeated Lucif and live 'happily' ever after...with yuri style!

Only few seconds after "Nice Boat" scene, Sekai's corpse back to life as God give her second chance to kill Kotonoha and bring her to Hell with Makoto and Sekai herself. After killing Kotonoha, Sekai set sail to Hell, as Satan waited for them.

qtipbrit
2008-02-22, 04:47
Only few seconds after "Nice Boat" scene, Sekai's corpse back to life as God give her second chance to kill Kotonoha and bring her to Hell with Makoto and Sekai herself. After killing Kotonoha, Sekai set sail to Hell, as Satan waited for them.
"Nice Boat" actually refers to a M/S Skagastøl that was featured in a clip of scenery of Norway during the replacement for the thirteenth episode.

But yes, the Katsura boat is quite nice as well.

(All info from the youtube video. Of course I didn't know that before.)

Radiosity
2008-02-22, 09:52
His and Her Circumstances.

I fully agree that this should be re-done. When the director left at around ep19-20 the show fell apart completely, and that last episode was the worst thing I've ever seen to finish a show (and I've watched Mai HiME! ;) ). Real shame. If the show had been finished properly and the second season that was meant to happen had been made as well, it would've been an awesome show all round.

And I'll add... Mai HiME heh. Anyone who's seen it will likely understand why.

I didn't particularly mind the actual last episode but I did feel it totally destroyed the meaning behind all the deaths in the latter portion of the show.

UnDeaD
2008-02-22, 09:55
I definitely agree with that sentiment. However, I think people wanted Nia not to die in the first place, not bring her back to life. There was a HUGE debate on that topic in the last episode thread for TTGL, and I don't want to get into it, but the main idea was that her death accomplished nothing and it was a poor plot choice to have her die.

Personally, I never cared too much about Nia, since much better characters got shafted, but I have to agree that her death seemed a little random.

Nia was along with Kamina the by far better dying character in the show. One of the better developed and well-rounded characters in my opinion. However, her demise had a key characterization purpose that added to her overall strength. Saying it was "random" or "unnecessary" is completely losing the point. That goes for everyone in this thread.

EXEs
2008-02-22, 10:51

I think her death serves to illustrate the purpose that TTGL is, although an optimistic tale, it still contains realistic and tragic elements within, and although there is a victory, a price must be paid for it. Think Kamina, he paid the ultimate price in helping the Spirals move forward.

C.A.
2008-02-22, 12:40
Replying to TTGL debate going on:Nia's death was unavoidable and was confirmed halfway through the last episode, she did not randomly just die at the last minute.

Nia hinted to Simon that her death is coming and Simon realised it. Being just a program created by the Anti-Spiral, its logical that she will die along with it. Simon had to sacrifice the one most important thing in his life to save the universe. He did and for that he became a hero forever.

UnDeaD
2008-02-22, 15:24
Replying to TTGL debate going on:Nia's death was unavoidable and was confirmed halfway through the last episode, she did not randomly just die at the last minute.

Nia hinted to Simon that her death is coming and Simon realised it. Being just a program created by the Anti-Spiral, its logical that she will die along with it. Simon had to sacrifice the one most important thing in his life to save the universe. He did and for that he became a hero forever.

I don't think Simon was aiming for this ending, Nia asked fo it.

qtipbrit
2008-02-23, 00:08
Replying to the TenTopGurLag debate, fin.
Now that it's continuing on to the second page, I think it should be over, maybe brought up later on in the thread.

Continuing:
The fact that it was so ambiguous and bittersweet was what killed me. (Not literally, of course.) If it had been absolute, I would have either felt happy or sad, but with its ending I tried to feel two things at once, so it was difficult. (Though it's still a good ending, where good is meant "well-made and well-thought out", not necessarily a good ending.)
I like Asa-senpai, but I would have preferred Kaede-chan.
It slowly but surely ran the path of epic fail later on in the series, and ended up not having an ending at all.

Darklord_bg
2008-02-23, 01:28
Replying to the TenTopGurLag debate, fin.
Now that it's continuing on to the second page, I think it should be over, maybe brought up later on in the thread.

I agree!
I really don't want this to turn into the same thing as the discussion for the last episode at the GL sub-forum.

It slowly but surely ran the path of epic fail later on in the series, and ended up not having an ending at all.

Maybe because there is a second season coming this April.

KholdStare
2008-02-23, 01:45
The fact that it was so ambiguous and bittersweet was what killed me. (Not literally, of course.) If it had been absolute, I would have either felt happy or sad, but with its ending I tried to feel two things at once, so it was difficult. (Though it's still a good ending, where good is meant "well-made and well-thought out", not necessarily a good ending.)

Are you sure about that? I thought that it was the only possible ending, because we all know who's going to die. I don't want a miracle, I don't want a deus ex machina, nor do I want to see that person die. But also, the half-moon ending had to be there since it's kinda the title of the anime, so.... I'm not sure if you want a good ending or a good ending, because I've certainly seen many good endings that are bad endings and conversely, bad endings that are good endings. I've already given my thoughts about how I don't want a good ending, but I suppose that a good ending could happen still, if it's good enough.

qtipbrit
2008-02-23, 02:36
I agree!
I really don't want this to turn into the same thing as the discussion for the last episode at the GL sub-forum.

Maybe because there is a second season coming this April.
Just because there's a second season doesn't mean there won't be an ending for the first. Shakugan no Shana, Zero no Tsukaima, Da Capo II, Higurashi, etc. all had endings, they could have easily not created a sequel and had relatively few complaints, since the last real problem was concluded in each series. (Da Capo II may be meh, but I really wasn't caring enough, since it wasn't really good.)
But ending an episode in that fashion after a three month wait in which Ichiro Okuchi still couldn't think up anything good was quite epic(ly bad.)
Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying Code Geass is bad, it's one of my favourite action anime series; I'm just stating that the ending was quite terrible. (Hopefully, the second season will rectify this)
Are you sure about that? I thought that it was the only possible ending, because we all know who's going to die. I don't want a miracle, I don't want a deus ex machina, nor do I want to see that person die. But also, the half-moon ending had to be there since it's kinda the title of the anime, so.... I'm not sure if you want a good ending or a good ending, because I've certainly seen many good endings that are bad endings and conversely, bad endings that are good endings. I've already given my thoughts about how I don't want a good ending, but I suppose that a good ending could happen still, if it's good enough.
Gah, I fail at ambiguity expressed over the interweb.
But yeah, I had originally thought that the ending would be an absolute, probably where Rika would receive the operation and be fine, but after thinking about it, I had my doubts, as it would have just been some generic romantic comedy with a bit of drama, and I had wondered why Hashimoto had chosen a Half Moon instead of a Full. I thought it was a good ending, though, and it leaves a bit of space for speculation from the viewer.

Speaking of which, I'd still really like an official translation of the HanTsuki novels, since I've heard the ending is different from the anime's.

And Haruhi as well. How it hasn't been licensed yet is still a mystery to me, as in Japan, it's sold four million or so copies, and apparently, bidding for the license began in late 2006, but I'm not sure of this fact.

rainnydaiis
2008-02-23, 02:49
Ok seriously, I loved this series up to i think about episode 10? until then, the suprises and how the anime presented itself was awesome. Then the last 2 episodes came along and literally demolished what was left of it. Hated how it just ended so abrutly, like they had to finish it fast because someone had a gun pointed to their heads.

I wanted the non edited part

Like any other anime with a manga that goes with it. It was way to short and wanted to see him become one of the sky kings

Should've gone on longer and displayed the ending showed in the manga even though the manga ending wasen't that great to me because I didn't want him to end up with nishino

Darklord_bg
2008-02-23, 03:04
Just because there's a second season doesn't mean there won't be an ending for the first. Shakugan no Shana, Zero no Tsukaima, Da Capo II, Higurashi, etc. all had endings, they could have easily not created a sequel and had relatively few complaints, since the last real problem was concluded in each series. (Da Capo II may be meh, but I really wasn't caring enough, since it wasn't really good.)
But ending an episode in that fashion after a three month wait in which Ichiro Okuchi still couldn't think up anything good was quite epic(ly bad.)
Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying Code Geass is bad, it's one of my favourite action anime series; I'm just stating that the ending was quite terrible. (Hopefully, the second season will rectify this)

Well, it doesn't mean there won't be an ending, but it doesn't mean there WILL be either. When there's a second season you could go either way. Besides, it's not like it ended in the middle of nowhere.

It ended on a cliffhanger. It's a perfectly valid way to end a first season and it's been done many times before. The other way would be to have a good resolution and have the first season as a stand-alone show. However, this would require changing the whole story. If having a resolution for the first season would make the story of the second season less exciting, then I prefer the cliffhanger ending. It really depends on the story actually - some types of stories can pull off cliffhangers better than others.

In the end, you might or might not like the ending to Code GEASS, but you can't say there was no ending because, well - there was no intention to be an ending at that point for story purposes. People may b*tch about it all they want, but you can be damn sure about one thing - everybody is waiting on the edge of their seats for the second season of GEASS - not just because it was a great show, but also because they want to find out what happened at the end. If that was the intention of the producers with that kind of "ending" - they succeeded.

I do agree they took it a little too far though - the three-month wait for episodes 24-25 was completely unnecessary.

I just think this kind of argument has no place in this thread. The way I see it, this thread is about discussing great shows which had a bad or mediocre ending and would have been much better if the ending was remade. However, in Code GEASS's case, since the story hasn't finished yet, changing the first season ending would have questionable effect on the quality of the overall story and would not necessarily make it better.

KholdStare
2008-02-23, 03:14
And Haruhi as well. How it hasn't been licensed yet is still a mystery to me, as in Japan, it's sold four million or so copies, and apparently, bidding for the license began in late 2006, but I'm not sure of this fact.

Er, what are we talking about? Are we talking about The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya (涼宮ハルヒの憂鬱, Suzumiya Haruhi no Yūutsu)? That's been licensed (http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2006-12-22/bandai-licenses-the-melancholy-of-haruhi-suzumiya) by Bandai.

Darklord_bg
2008-02-23, 03:42
Er, what are we talking about? Are we talking about The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya (涼宮ハルヒの憂鬱, Suzumiya Haruhi no Yūutsu)? That's been licensed (http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2006-12-22/bandai-licenses-the-melancholy-of-haruhi-suzumiya) by Bandai.

I think he meant the light novels...

qtipbrit
2008-02-23, 03:58
Well, it doesn't mean there won't be an ending, but it doesn't mean there WILL be either. When there's a second season you could go either way. Besides, it's not like it ended in the middle of nowhere.

It ended on a cliffhanger. It's a perfectly valid way to end a first season and it's been done many times before. The other way would be to have a good resolution and have the first season as a stand-alone show. However, this would require changing the whole story. If having a resolution for the first season would make the story of the second season less exciting, then I prefer the cliffhanger ending. It really depends on the story actually - some types of stories can pull off cliffhangers better than others.

In the end, you might or might not like the ending to Code GEASS, but you can't say there was no ending because, well - there was no intention to be an ending at that point for story purposes. People may b*tch about it all they want, but you can be damn sure about one thing - everybody is waiting on the edge of their seats for the second season of GEASS - not just because it was a great show, but also because they want to find out what happened at the end. If that was the intention of the producers with that kind of "ending" - they succeeded.

I do agree they took it a little too far though - the three-month wait for episodes 24-25 was completely unnecessary.

I just think this kind of argument has no place in this thread. The way I see it, this thread is about discussing great shows which had a bad or mediocre ending and would have been much better if the ending was remade. However, in Code GEASS's case, since the story hasn't finished yet, changing the first season ending would have questionable effect on the quality of the overall story and would not necessarily make it better.
"Many [first] seasons" have not been ended on a cliffhanger, or even nearly so. I can't name anything remotely close to a cliffhanger right now, (but I'm not really thinking, either, so there's probably a lot more than the none in my head.)

You overestimate Ichiro Okuchi.
Are you trying to say that he meant to tear apart the story as such and that it was his intention to screw up the ending/last couple of episodes so terribly that he had to reschedule a longer time block (unfortunately four months later) in order to attempt to bridge it towards a second season?
It was obviously not the intention of the producers to have such an ending (and if it was, they would probably deny it), as it is one of the two [only] things that Code Geass gets the most sh*t about, the other being the blatant Pizza Hut product placement ;)
And changing the ending could not possibly make it any worse, and it's obvious that he had some trouble thinking of new material for the second season to attempt to fix it.
Yeah, the light novels.

serenade_beta
2008-02-23, 04:12
Speaking of which, I'd still really like an official translation of the HanTsuki novels, since I've heard the ending is different from the anime's.

Rather than different, it's more like it went farther.
The last volume (6) takes place after Rika leaves the hospital, and involves her school life.

It also focuses what the characters (pretty much all of them, even Miyuki, Yamanishi, etc. as well) plan to do in the future

I wanted the non edited part

It'll appear pretty soon.

Darklord_bg
2008-02-23, 05:32
"Many [first] seasons" have not been ended on a cliffhanger, or even nearly so. I can't name anything remotely close to a cliffhanger right now, (but I'm not really thinking, either, so there's probably a lot more than the none in my head.)

Yeah, so? Just because it isn't done so often doesn't mean it hasn't been done at all, or more importantly - that it shouldn't be done. It's a pretty gutsy move since a lot of people will be pissed in the short term, but in the long run it may pay off. I already mentioned one advantage to a cliffhanger finale is the anticipation in the viewers to see the second season.

You overestimate Ichiro Okuchi.

Perhaps...or perhaps you underestimate him. ;) It all depends on the viewer's expectations

Are you trying to say that he meant to tear apart the story as such and that it was his intention to screw up the ending/last couple of episodes so terribly that he had to reschedule a longer time block (unfortunately four months later) in order to attempt to bridge it towards a second season?

OK, I'm not sure I understand you correctly, so feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

Are you referring to the last couple of episodes before the season finale - the ones where Euphemia went berserk. If you're saying that he messed up the series with those two episodes then my and also the popular opinion are entirely the opposite. Those two episodes brought back the excitement in this show that had been dwindling down for a while. Code GEASS, great show as it is, has been a roller coaster ride. The high point of the first half of the show was definitely the Battle at Narita and the surrounding battles. Then came the incredibly lame and pointless Mao arc, who everybody seems to hate. Then it got interesting again for a while, before Euphie came up with the incredibly naive idea IMHO for the special zone. Just when I thought the show was headed off for a rather cliched kind of ending, it happened...something completely unexpected that blew everybody away. No, my friend, with those two episodes, he did not wreck the series, he saved it from mediocrity.

It was obviously not the intention of the producers to have such an ending (and if it was, they would probably deny it), as it is one of the two [only] things that Code Geass gets the most sh*t about, the other being the blatant Pizza Hut product placement ;)

I don't know how you can say you know what the intention of the producers are. Do you have some inside information? Code GEASS was obviously intended at least for two seasons from the start. The story is just too big with too many characters to develop and too many mysteries to uncover.

We have only learned half the story (or perhaps even less) behind Marianne's assassination. We barely know anything about CC's past and for that matter - her and V.V.'s race. We don't know anything about how certain people can speak to the dead. Seriously, trying to resolve all those things in one season would be a disaster.

Therefore, I think he had always intended to have two seasons and have the first season end up with a cliffhanger. Again, people will whine and b*tch about it, but it's his story. I'm pretty sure that people would be unhappy if he had chosen a different ending as well - it's really hard to please everybody.

And changing the ending could not possibly make it any worse, and it's obvious that he had some trouble thinking of new material for the second season to attempt to fix it.

Again, I don't know if changing the ending would make it better or worse, but it would definitely affect the plan for the story, since the ending featured some really BIG events.

_DaViD_
2008-02-23, 14:07
i would like a remake of Zero No Tsukaima II last ep, because it just plain FAIL, why??

because it could be extended 1 episode more they just put all the things mixed up and thats NOT a good idea

it was sooo good, when saito "died" and louise was soo down, why they didnt use the same scene in the novel (the suicide attempt one)
the sad scene just lasted like 4 min and later goes on rage again, i was like WTF?? they could make the rest of the episode a sad one, and continue in the other and then explain the things better, not just showing a damn fairy with big boobs saving saito, and then louise gets mad, i was like "and the other sad days? where are they? you just forgot them?? damn!!" im expecting a really, good 3rd season cus they just plain killed the second one and i know other ppl want to change it T_T

Amray
2008-02-23, 18:54
The Full Metal Alchemist Movie.

Instead of making Edward and Alphonse stay in our world I would've made it so that they returned back to theirs.

qtipbrit
2008-02-23, 19:50
Since this is getting a bit out of hand, I'll tone it down a bit.
Yeah, so? Just because it isn't done so often doesn't mean it hasn't been done at all, or more importantly - that it shouldn't be done. It's a pretty gutsy move since a lot of people will be pissed in the short term, but in the long run it may pay off. I already mentioned one advantage to a cliffhanger finale is the anticipation in the viewers to see the second season.
You still have yet to give me a single example of another series that has done so, so as of now, I'm assuming that there has never been another series that ended on such a cliffhanger, and that they decided to do so because it was the easiest way out at the time, leaving it as such would have viewers looking forward to the next season, albeit also heavily flaming them, and would require less thinking on their part.
OK, I'm not sure I understand you correctly, so feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.
Are you referring to the last couple of episodes before the season finale - the ones where Euphemia went berserk. If you're saying that he messed up the series with those two episodes then my and also the popular opinion are entirely the opposite. Those two episodes brought back the excitement in this show that had been dwindling down for a while. Code GEASS, great show as it is, has been a roller coaster ride. The high point of the first half of the show was definitely the Battle at Narita and the surrounding battles. Then came the incredibly lame and pointless Mao arc, who everybody seems to hate. Then it got interesting again for a while, before Euphie came up with the incredibly naive idea IMHO for the special zone. Just when I thought the show was headed off for a rather cliched kind of ending, it happened...something completely unexpected that blew everybody away. No, my friend, with those two episodes, he did not wreck the series, he saved it from mediocrity.

Now that I think of it, that was a rather stupid move for them as well, though it's maybe because Deus ex Machina is what I believe to be the easy way out for most series, (Bleach.), and is a technique of writers to progress the story without having to think of any explanations for any of the occurences that may come of it. Though also turning one of the only "innocent" characters into more fodder for continuation was also quite stupid.
I agree that the Mao incident was rather insipid, but it wasn't one of the things that contributed to its trainwreck feel, though some more Deus ex Machina magic from Okuchi made the already bad arc worse.
I don't know how you can say you know what the intention of the producers are. Do you have some inside information? Code GEASS was obviously intended at least for two seasons from the start. The story is just too big with too many characters to develop and too many mysteries to uncover.

We have only learned half the story (or perhaps even less) behind Marianne's assassination. We barely know anything about CC's past and for that matter - her and V.V.'s race. We don't know anything about how certain people can speak to the dead. Seriously, trying to resolve all those things in one season would be a disaster.

Therefore, I think he had always intended to have two seasons and have the first season end up with a cliffhanger. Again, people will whine and b*tch about it, but it's his story. I'm pretty sure that people would be unhappy if he had chosen a different ending as well - it's really hard to please everybody.

Again, I don't know if changing the ending would make it better or worse, but it would definitely affect the plan for the story, since the ending featured some really BIG events.
Of course it was slated for at least two seasons. Not only is this Sunrise, but it was quite obvious since early in the series that this wasn't one that could be adequately finished in a mere two cours.
As for the BIG events in the ending:
Deus ex Machina can't describe its ending. Multiple Gods from multiples machines came flying out of nowhere: The Emperor's ubiquitous knowledge, the Geass randomly turning itself permanent (at a terrible moment), the random existence and appearance of V.V. in what should be the highest security area in Japan, the addition of several characters that seemed to appear randomly out of nowhere, a retarded emo racist lesbian stalker's ability to create an amazingly potent explosive material, the amazing felis ex machina at the end, the second appearnce of Orange-kun, the great spinning top of death, and so many unexplained events that took place through magical means. Of course, if you're one who likes series that advocate divine powers creating unexplainable events as the basis for plot progression, then I guess you would like the ending.
If the second season explains all, or at least some, of these events, then I'm greatly looking forward to it. (However, since Okuchi has now extended Lelouch's family with a brand new, never-before-seen, exclusively-yours brother, I highly doubt it.)

I'm still looking forward to the second season, though, if it lives up to its first season, then it'll be great.

jariten
2008-02-24, 01:50
They really didn't need to make Hikaru suicidal...how abut she just grows up and accepts their relationship...so depressing...

WTF is with the Megaroad just going off and we never know what happens to Misa, Hikaru, and Minmei...at least give us a "They lived happily ever after". Not they got on a space ship and disappeared. X.x

Skyfall
2008-02-24, 03:53
I would definitely add one change to the ending of Lamune:

I want to have a kiss scene that i feel i was robbed of :heh: Call it a sappy thought if you will, but i consider it a shame we didn't get one in this anime. There were several times in the anime i thought such a scene would be very fitting, even more so than at the ending (scene by the lake at night), but regardless it never happened. I was left very satisfied with this show overall, and the slow but steady development of feelings between Nanami and Ken (more like them finally coming to admit it) was both cute and heart warming, and only thing that felt missing was a kiss scene to seal the deal :)

oompa loompa
2008-02-24, 04:39
The Full Metal Alchemist Movie.

Instead of making Edward and Alphonse stay in our world I would've made it so that they returned back to theirs.

i totally agree.. going to the our world was really so needless...

apart from that shuffle!.. definetly

go burn green haired wench! :D

what can i say im a big kaede fan :naughty:.

Elfen Lied.. im sorry but..

dude.. she killed your dad and your sister.. how could you forgive her so easily?!?!? atleast try to kill her and fail, something dramatic like that!! i cant think of a show that had more potential than elfen lied.. the ending is a big minus point - and doesnt go with the dark nature of the show

suguru
2008-02-24, 16:40

I want to have a kiss scene that i feel i was robbed of :heh: Call it a sappy thought if you will, but i consider it a shame we didn't get one in this anime. There were several times in the anime i thought such a scene would be very fitting, even more so than at the ending (scene by the lake at night), but regardless it never happened. I was left very satisfied with this show overall, and the slow but steady development of feelings between Nanami and Ken (more like them finally coming to admit it) was both cute and heart warming, and only thing that felt missing was a kiss scene to seal the deal :)

I couldn't agree more...I loved the series overall, but it would have been an especially awesome ending if they had just added that one scene.

The ending I would like to remake the most, though, is the second season of Mahoromatic. I hated the ending enough that I didn't buy the last volume when it hit DVD...I'm pretty sure even with my sorry-ass writing skills I could have come up with something better...

qtipbrit
2008-02-24, 19:39

Yeah, an Asa is fine, too, but Kaede is so much better, and not only because her fan club was called the KKK. (And I'm not even a lover of Yanderekkos.)

Yeah, I was looking forward to that scene (which would have been so epic) for the entirety of the last couple episodes. At least some series like HanTsuki had it after the credits or something.

gh0stmice
2008-02-25, 01:40
fate/stay night, without a doubt

i would change it to where saber drinks from the gosh darn grail and lives happily ever after with shiro

Marty87
2008-02-25, 12:48
Surely for me Romeo x Juliet
i want the happy ending

Icehawk
2008-02-25, 13:19
Yami to Boshi to Hon no Tabibito - I loved the series but I would've much preferred it to end more like Kannazuki no Miko, as in happier but not necessarily a full happy ending. The main problem I have though isnt the bitter sweet aspect but that I never liked the creators idea of having the main character "give birth" in the future to the person she was in love with romantically. Its like the creator was implying she will somehow "get over" her lesbian sexuality or something which is just flatout wrong.

Basilisk - I would not have had Gennosuke take the emo route and kill himself. He should have been stronger and lived for Oboro.

KholdStare
2008-02-25, 16:35
Naruto and Bleach.

You say that they don't have an ending? Exactly.

Maakasu
2008-02-25, 16:37
School days
i didn't like how Makoto was sleeping with everyone and i didn't like the ending. i'm emotionally scared

Kyrie
2008-02-25, 16:57
Inuyasha
I don't even think this should be a spoiler, but just to be safe.
They didn't even accomplish anything in the end! Since the manga hasnt even ended yet, but they could've just made up some random way to kill Naraku to make us feel like we didn't waste our time -_-

PastPrime
2008-02-25, 19:59

dude.. she killed your dad and your sister.. how could you forgive her so easily?!?!? atleast try to kill her and fail, something dramatic like that!! i cant think of a show that had more potential than elfen lied.. the ending is a big minus point - and doesnt go with the dark nature of the show

While I agree that the anime scene could have been a lot better For Kouta to attempt to harm Lucy would have been totally out of character. In the manga, where he got his memory back much later and had just been shot, he gave her a look of hate and said "Long time no see." Later, after he had been trying to reconsile his feelings, when she tried to explain he told her that he didn't care. That he hated her and could never forgive her.

Kirarakim
2008-02-25, 23:11
Planetes

Yeah I know a lot of people might be shocked that this is here. I honestly I love this anime too and it would have been perfect except lets not make Tanabe a stay at home mom please. I wanted so much more for her.

Fantastic Children

Get rid of the epilogue with Helga and a reincarnated Solan. I did love the epilogue with the Belfort Children returning to their families though

xia
2008-02-26, 00:03
Okay,

the ending to Escaflowne

After all that romatic tension they're seperated?Seriously?

ApostleOfGod
2008-02-26, 00:14
I fully agree that this should be re-done. When the director left at around ep19-20 the show fell apart completely, and that last episode was the worst thing I've ever seen to finish a show (and I've watched Mai HiME! ;) ). Real shame. If the show had been finished properly and the second season that was meant to happen had been made as well, it would've been an awesome show all round.

I didn't particularly mind the actual last episode but I did feel it totally destroyed the meaning behind all the deaths in the latter portion of the show.

Yup. 100%

This is probably agreed in the entire community of Mai HiME fans. HiME amongst the first 10 animes that I watched, thus I didn't know what to expect of Anime shows and I anticipated it a lot more than I do now. When the battle amongst the Childs was announced, I was like "HECK YA". I was all excited and I was like, "Damn, this is good stuff". Even now, I think that the storyline is simply brilliant, and they really put the pieces well in place . Then last episode comes and kills everything. It went sooo far down into tragedy, and it just rose up, and it was just wrong. Should NOT have happened like that.

oompa loompa
2008-02-26, 01:06
While I agree that the anime scene could have been a lot better For Kouta to attempt to harm Lucy would have been totally out of character. In the manga, where he got his memory back much later and had just been shot, he gave her a look of hate and said "Long time no see." Later, after he had been trying to reconsile his feelings, when she tried to explain he told her that he didn't care. That he hated her and could never forgive her.

ahaha that is the ideal ending, but it would leave me shattered. i still wouldve loved to see a happyish ending, but the way the manga wrapped it up

where he forgives her 10 years later (?)

was great.. thats how it really shouldve been.. it wouldve been one of the best shows ever, even though its a good show nonetheless.. im watching it for the second time now, and im at episode 12, all i can think of is DAMN, WHY ARE THEY GOING TO DO THAT IN THE END?!?

Major1138
2008-02-27, 00:14
Basilisk - I would not have had Gennosuke take the emo route and kill himself. He should have been stronger and lived for Oboro.

While I agree that the ending is a bit of a downer...

I think the story would lose a lot of its impact if he didn't kill himself. It underscored how pointless the whole feud was for both clans in the end.

Icehawk
2008-02-27, 13:55
While I agree that the ending is a bit of a downer...

I think the story would lose a lot of its impact if he didn't kill himself. It underscored how pointless the whole feud was for both clans in the end.

I see where you're coming from, but I felt that the pointlessness of the feud and the tragedy of it all was made pretty clearly as it was. Too me it cheapened the impact of the story for him to just kill himself. Too see him utterly broken but ultimately choose to stand strong in the end would have been better to me which is why I would change it if I had the choice.

Laconitolatina
2008-02-27, 23:04

I agree with what you said about the ending the anime just went down hill after the first volume and 2 second vol. but i had no idea that it was because of the director left! so what whould have been like if he/she stayed like how would have the series ended? if you dont mind telling me

Laconitolatina
2008-02-27, 23:10

OMG I TOTALLY AGREE WITH YOU about the elfen lied!
SHE TOTALLY MURDERED his family and he forgives her wat a DUMBASS!!

KholdStare
2008-02-28, 00:18
Whoa there, spoiler tag please. :(

Icehawk
2008-02-28, 12:40
OMG I TOTALLY AGREE WITH YOU about the elfen lied!
SHE TOTALLY MURDERED his family and he forgives her wat a DUMBASS!!

Uhhh, he specifically says to her in the final episode that he DOESNT forgive her for killing his family. Just because he still loves her doesnt mean he forgives her crimes

D a m i e n
2008-02-29, 04:47
mai hime is the first things that comes to mind. i mean what the hell what was that last episode about it just defeats the whole story devellopment.

Gundam seed, an ending where Fllay doesnt die because the author bend to the will of the lacus fandom. she was the single most interresting character of the show. it would have give a much deeper ending to show instead of having a rediculous coordinator supremacy with only perfectely clean 1 dimensional characters

Rhaxephon make it something that isnt a "copy and paste" of evangelion ending, it was disappointing to see the exact same kind of ending to that show

Pendevous
2008-02-29, 10:32
The one I would remake would be Lucky Star... IN SUCH A WAY I WON'T END IT!! hahaha

Seriously, Claymore - End it like the manga

CeDeR
2008-02-29, 10:36
i would make it a happily ever after ending... instead of whatever the fuck happened poor old man taking care of his grandson adopted kids...

The Chaos
2008-02-29, 10:37
Seriously, Claymore - End it like the manga
I Second This One >.<

D a m i e n
2008-02-29, 10:40
wasnt eureka7 already a happy ending? at the end you clearly see renton and eureka.

DragoonKain3
2008-02-29, 10:49
Deus ex Machina endings... urgh, it ruined quite a few good shows for me. Example includes Mai Hime and most especially Dual! Parallel Adventures, of which it was quite literal in the use of the God of the Machine lol.

And of course, goes without saying, Canvas 2. Maybe if they used 2 or 3 episodes more to justify the 'epilogue', I would've loved the show. But from what was shown, the epilogue quite literaly came out of nowhere. There might have been 'clues' as other people have pointed out, but there's just such a BIG gap between the ending and the epilogue that it felt so jarring and out of place that it ruined an otherwise excellent show for me. The worst example of tripping right before the finish line indeed.

And meh, while I'm a bit sad about TTGL's ending, I still feel that it fits the show.While I would've loved a happier ending, I'm not going to take off points from the show just because it ended as bitter-sweet.

KholdStare
2008-02-29, 14:47
wasnt eureka7 already a happy ending? at the end you clearly see renton and eureka.

That's the thing. I got so confused at the end that I'm not sure what really happened either.

Deus ex Machina endings... urgh, it ruined quite a few good shows for me. Example includes Mai Hime and most especially Dual! Parallel Adventures, of which it was quite literal in the use of the God of the Machine lol.

I hate those also. With the only exception of Kimi ga Nozomu Eien (in which I think a non-deus ex machina ending would be inferior), deus ex machina endings just leaves the plot pointless because for all this time it's been leading up to nothing.

sunchips18
2008-03-01, 18:37
i'd say it would be deathnote
i mean why did light have to die. they should have kept l so deathnote would have had a purpose of light existing. besides he gets shot up and is still alive. and the guy that shoots him goes crazy for no apparent reason. and the blood could have been more realistic. i mean nobody justs sprays out blood like a water hose just buy being stabbed. light should have defeated near before he died. also i can't beleive they just let him go after he killed tons of people. he tells them he's kira+ he gets shot+the guy that shoots him goes crazy and stabbes himself shooting blood like a water hose+ him not getting into put into custody because even though they know he is a s big criminal+ they don't show light dieing of the heart attack(it would have givin it a sad ending)=horrible ending to such a great show.

mcruz1014
2008-03-02, 21:28
Seconding Canvas 2. The ending for this show was especially frustrating, because if it hasn't been so rushed and the writers had taken more time to explore Hiroki's feelings regarding Elise, it would have been, for me, probably the best eroge adaptation to come out in a while. All in all, I still liked the show a lot, but my memory of the show is still very bittersweet because of the ending.

qtipbrit
2008-03-02, 23:08
i'd say it would be deathnote
i mean why did light have to die. they should have kept l so deathnote would have had a purpose of light existing. besides he gets shot up and is still alive. and the guy that shoots him goes crazy for no apparent reason. and the blood could have been more realistic. i mean nobody justs sprays out blood like a water hose just buy being stabbed. light should have defeated near before he died. also i can't beleive they just let him go after he killed tons of people. he tells them he's kira+ he gets shot+the guy that shoots him goes crazy and stabbes himself shooting blood like a water hose+ him not getting into put into custody because even though they know he is a s big criminal+ they don't show light dieing of the heart attack(it would have givin it a sad ending)=horrible ending to such a great show.
Yes, being stabbed in the heart by an object like a pen (with a diametre of a probably around a centimetre) through the heart will have you spouting out blood of egregious amounts. The manga also ended with him dying, too, but the anime's take was much more "original".
Wait, have you seen Code Geass?
If you haven't, no worries.
Because if you have and you're complaining about Deus ex Machina endings, then you're an idea I can't currently think up a word for at the moment. Same goes for Rozen Maiden, but less so than Code Geass.

I personally also dislike Deus ex Machina endings if they're used to the same extent as Code Geass, Rozen Maiden, Canvas 2 (arguably, though.), but smaller ones that are possible to explain are fine for me.

KholdStare
2008-03-03, 00:05
Hm, Canvas 2. I like it, so it must not be a deus ex machina ending. Actually, I don't see how it is, unless you're just talking about endings that are very unexpected.

Skyfall
2008-03-03, 04:44
Actually i wouldn't call it all that unexpected either, just that the buildup was far less obvious and not so "in your face" as we are generally used to get. Yes, it would have been nice if they would have had more time to explore the relationship between the events of last episode and the epilogue scene, but that isn't really much of a flaw, as i can say the same thing about virtually every show where i liked a detail and would like to see it expanded upon :) (Incidentally, i consider the epilogue scene as one of the most sweetest moments in anime i have ever seen :p) It remains as my favorite eroge adoption up to date, and no currently ongoing show is in a good position to top it.

FlareKnight
2008-03-03, 11:01
I mean come on. The good guys die in such a sad way isn't the whole problem here. The younger brother is mentally just...yeah not good there. Then they show the villain is just fine asking the very big question, just what the heck was the point of it all!? Sure the people were turned back, but it was all just a gigantic waste.

Just never was happy with that ending. Was one that really left me in a dark way for a few days.What was up with going back to that other world really? They just abandon their childhood friend and go off like that. Really just a terrible conclusion for me.Yeah....you go off from the manga, don't kill Priscilla, and leave it completely vague as to the end. Sure Clare and Raki are together, but the overall situation is just left out there. If your not even going to have a distinct finish just stick with the manga so well down the road you can get back into it. Would have been fine to leave it with Clarice looking through the swords.

KholdStare
2008-03-03, 11:27
Actually i wouldn't call it all that unexpected either, just that the buildup was far less obvious and not so "in your face" as we are generally used to get. Yes, it would have been nice if they would have had more time to explore the relationship between the events of last episode and the epilogue scene, but that isn't really much of a flaw, as i can say the same thing about virtually every show where i liked a detail and would like to see it expanded upon :) (Incidentally, i consider the epilogue scene as one of the most sweetest moments in anime i have ever seen :p) It remains as my favorite eroge adoption up to date, and no currently ongoing show is in a good position to top it.

Don't get me wrong, I loved the Canvas 2 ending. It wasn't really "in your face" and I was expecting the ending, but not sure how they will present it to my liking since everything seems to be so complicated. I'm glad they actually did it well though. ;)

Irenicus
2008-03-04, 04:10
I want to remake half of all the shoujo manga endings in existence, where the "good friend"never wins!

Goddamn stupid girlish ideals about bad boys. It's almost as bad as the shounen romance's opposite insistence that the loser nice guy always has to impress girls with his cheap taking-care-of-the-homeless-puppy "niceness" (which by the way pales in comparison to the length some shoujo boys go for their unrequited loves).

Shoujo ladies, your (curiously also hot, so no complaints you!) boy-next-door gave everything to you, did everything he could for your sake, took care of you when the hot-'n-cold tall bishounen beat you up with some classic domestic violence, and stood by you when the world itself and especially that bad boy of yours opposed your every breath! What the hell are you doing betraying a man's feelings like that for some cold bastard "with a good heart (that he never uses)," huh!?

Shoujo manga-ka, you suck. :mad:

:heh:

P.S. It's obvious I've just finished reading a shoujo manga, innit?

D a m i e n
2008-03-04, 05:48
now the question is wich one did you just finished reading?

patnam
2008-03-04, 06:51
school days last episode:
at least there will be no death and killing.....

Trogdor Jube
2008-03-04, 17:11
School Days
Did we really have to have a bad end? I think the only reason was because a good majority (who am I kidding, EVERYONE!) hated Makoto and so what better way to end the series then have him die?

Inuyasha
Could we atleast KILL the badguy or imprison him? It was barely an ending.

Code Geass (Season 1)
Worst cliffhanger EVER

Mahoromatic
Almost TO depressing. Not something to watch in public.

TnAdct1
2008-03-04, 19:11
The Xebec version of Negima: Instead of having a crappy end arc where Asuna dies and everyone goes back in time to save her, I would have ended the series with a true adaptation of the Kyoto arc (i.e. Nodoka, Setsuna, and Konoka Pactio with Negi; Kotarou appears; Setsuna is revealed to be part bird demon). That way, we can have an open ending to set up a second season of Negima (either done by Xebec or SHAFT) that is true to the manga.

NoSanninWa
2008-03-04, 20:28
Inuyasha
Could we atleast KILL the badguy or imprison him? It was barely an ending.

Code Geass (Season 1)
Worst cliffhanger EVER

Your complaint about both of these is that they weren't endings. Actually, that is true -- they weren't endings. Inuyasha merely stopped because they had run out of anime and wanted to leave it open to finish the show someday after Rumiko Takahashi finished writing the manga. Similarly Code Geass simply stopped because they were intending to conclude the story with a second season.

There's no guarantee that you'll ever get a true ending for the Inuyasha anime, but the real Code Geass ending is coming later this year.

KholdStare
2008-03-04, 21:00
Right now InuYasha is kinda iffy. The manga is still on-going, and there's no telling when it will stop. Like the Slayers series, the sequel, if there is one, might really be 10 years (or more) after the original, which might cause some problems.

Pendevous
2008-03-05, 13:10
Actually, for Inuyasha, it's better if we just end all 573475834583475349 seasons of it. -_-'

I see nothing wrong with Death Note's ending, bros. I'm not a Light fanboy, but if it had ended a different way, then what's the point of being an epic, tale-twisting anime?

Trogdor Jube
2008-03-05, 14:37
Your complaint about both of these is that they weren't endings. Actually, that is true -- they weren't endings. Inuyasha merely stopped because they had run out of anime and wanted to leave it open to finish the show someday after Rumiko Takahashi finished writing the manga. Similarly Code Geass simply stopped because they were intending to conclude the story with a second season.

There's no guarantee that you'll ever get a true ending for the Inuyasha anime, but the real Code Geass ending is coming later this year.

Well I never really knew about the whole Inuyasha situation. I had never watched the subs so when the broadcasted it on YTV it was labeled FINAL EPISODE, so I expected to be as if they were done with it.

EternalDestiny
2008-03-09, 00:04
GAntz ending :upset:

oompa loompa
2008-03-09, 01:07
Right now InuYasha is kinda iffy. The manga is still on-going, and there's no telling when it will stop. Like the Slayers series, the sequel, if there is one, might really be 10 years (or more) after the original, which might cause some problems.

well i donno about thatt.. the manga pretty much looks like its in its final 1-2 arcs.. well, atleast i think so:p

Seriost
2008-03-09, 09:28
Blood+
SLAY HER!

rabi_en_rose
2008-03-10, 08:31
Mahou Sensei Negima. First off, I wouldn't have ended it, I would have had it closely follow the manga(which would mean that it would still be ongoing). but NO they had to end it with the most cheesy, stupid ending ever.

Lah
2008-03-10, 18:17
I would re-do the Yu Yu Hakusho ending. I wouldn't end it at all, actually, because I would continue the series. There are many plot possibilities, and it is a shame that the show ended prematurely. I sure do miss that show a lot. Too bad I have poor writing skills, otherwise I'd write more fanfiction to ease the pain. xD

Oxtail
2008-03-10, 21:53
Mahoro pretty much had to die. If she didn't, all those little messages at the end of the episodes which told you how long she had to live would have been pointless and extremely cheesy. Nonetheless, they really could have gone about it differently.

Mahoro beats the last bad guy. Meets up with Suguru thereby keeping her promise, then dies in his arms. The aliens can transfer her personality and character to a wholly new person without the old memories. Suguru meets her shortly after and instead of digging out all their old memories together, they create new ones. Suguru lives on treasuring his memories, but with a positive outlook on life and a desire to create new memories with the neo-Mahoro.

The worst part of Mohoromatic's ending wasn't that Mahoro died, but that she died in such a way that Suguru lived most of his life as a bitter, jaded, and angry man. Which is painful considering how great his character was when he was with Mahoro.

How hard would it have been to not totally skip novel #8? That one volume contained more character development and deep emotional pull than most shows can create through an entire series. Two ways they could have done it:

1.) Cliffhanger - end with Henrietta seeing Saito's name on the list of people killed and a shot of Louise crying. Then show Saito being revived by Tiffania.

2.) Happy ending - spend just one more episode showing Louise reacting to Saito's death. Suicide attempt, etc. Then have them reunite in the end.

Is that really so hard? Having the anime totally skip the 8th novel really rips out one of the best books in the entire series.

Come on, why did the anime have to cut out the line when Seiji says "I love you"? He says it in the manga when they have the same conversation.

Have just a few more minutes explaining that the curse is broken, show the crow meet the winged girl, and show the winged girl reincarnated as the girl on the beach. One of the major reasons I thought Air was so sad on my first viewing was because it felt like Misuzu died and nothing changed. Once I convinced myself that the curse was broken, the ending wasn't as depressing anymore. But since the creator never fully explained exactly what happened in the end, the confusion just adds to the sadness of Misuzu dying.

Kristen
2008-03-10, 22:20
I was cheering for a Makoto death until Episode 11. Instead of choosing Kotonoha, he chooses Sekai. Kotonoha commits suicide. Sekai and Makoto are forced to marry and care for the child, leading to a well deserved hard life.

I really don't care HOW they end it, but at least give it some kind of conclusion.

Junichi decides that he would rather be with Kotori than Nemu, and the marriage scene shows them.

End it like the manga, and have Sailor Galaxia die. Much more meaningful that the "Change to good" scheme that they already had earlier that season.

And I will most likely have a Shakugan no Shana one up here very soon.

qtipbrit
2008-03-10, 22:39
Junichi decides that he would rather be with Kotori than Nemu, and the marriage scene shows them.

And I will most likely have a Shakugan no Shana one up here very soon.
Hell. Yes.
http://i212.photobucket.com/albums/cc117/neoswordalians/kotori_wedding.jpg

Actually, I'm predicting that Shakugan no Shana will have a third season, since they're far from covering all of the current novels, and the anime looks like it can't be finished within these last few episodes.

Kristen
2008-03-10, 22:41
Hell. Yes.
http://i212.photobucket.com/albums/cc117/neoswordalians/kotori_wedding.jpg

Actually, I'm predicting that Shakugan no Shana will have a third season, since they're far from covering all of the current novels, and the anime looks like it can't be finished within these last few episodes.

<3 Kotori

:)

I got so excited when she was a main character in SS. Then Nemu had to come and ruin everything. :(

qtipbrit
2008-03-10, 22:48
<3 Kotori

:)

I got so excited when she was a main character in SS. Then Nemu had to come and ruin everything. :(
Yeah, after Nemu hadn't appeared for the first two episodes, I was quite sure (or hoping) that Jun'ichi had ditched her and made the right choice. But then she came back. :(
But yeah, Nanaka in D.C. II is definately her and Jun'ichi's illicit grandchild.

Except that she's not nearly as cool, due to the lack of Naru Nanao's character designs in DCII.

Endrance
2008-03-10, 22:57
Rhaxephon make it something that isnt a "copy and paste" of evangelion ending, it was disappointing to see the exact same kind of ending to that show

I agree i had to remind myself hey this isnt evangelion i mean come on the shows were similar enough anyway did they have to end the same way. Its like someone picked up the script of evangelion and changed a bunch of character stuff and called it rhaxephon:nono:

Skyfall
2008-03-11, 04:58
You know, all this talk that Kotori should have won never has sat well with me. Sure, she is lovable and definitely deserves better than she got, but she was hardly ever in the running. For all the likability and my sympathy she has, she was never really more than a glorified side character. Besides Nemu, Sakura was the only one who had an actual shot at his heart, yet he made his choice in season 1 already, and kept thinking about her for two years despite her not being there.

You wouldn't just be rewriting the ending to make it in favor of Kotori; you would be rewriting the entire show, right back to the very start (actually much earlier) of season 1.

Kristen
2008-03-11, 11:03
You know, all this talk that Kotori should have won never has sat well with me. Sure, she is lovable and definitely deserves better than she got, but she was hardly ever in the running. For all the likability and my sympathy she has, she was never really more than a glorified side character. Besides Nemu, Sakura was the only one who had an actual shot at his heart, yet he made his choice in season 1 already, and kept thinking about her for two years despite her not being there.

You wouldn't just be rewriting the ending to make it in favor of Kotori; you would be rewriting the entire show, right back to the very start (actually much earlier) of season 1.

Or you could make Aisia's spell work, and Junichi and Nemu completely forget about their love for each other. The Junichi picks Kotori.
Honestly, I would have just preferred that Nemu came back, and he got into a relationship with Kotori. But it is possible to rearrange the ending.

Skyfall
2008-03-11, 11:31
Or you could make Aisia's spell work, and Junichi and Nemu completely forget about their love for each other. The Junichi picks Kotori.
Honestly, I would have just preferred that Nemu came back, and he got into a relationship with Kotori. But it is possible to rearrange the ending.

Hm ...well, you could do that, but thats not really in the tree's power seems to work. It doesn't seem to be all-powerful when it comes to things like this. It seems to react to people's desires, and since there are conflicting feelings about the matter it can't really do that. That would be rewriting the very fundamentals of the show, and it would no longer stay true to its own title (Da Capo) :) (Sakura probably would have killed the tree anyway for the second time if things would have really went out of control).

Technically you could rewrite the ending, but that would fiddle with other things as well, so in essence you would rewrite much more of the story than just the ending in order to make your desired one work :)

Terrestrial Dream
2008-03-11, 12:28
I agree i had to remind myself hey this isnt evangelion i mean come on the shows were similar enough anyway did they have to end the same way. Its like someone picked up the script of evangelion and changed a bunch of character stuff and called it rhaxephon:nono: Not really I don't believe that RahXephon and Eva had similar ending. Of course it was somewhat similar, but RahXephon ending was much better imo, as it was quite satisfying and made sense unlike Eva. RahXehpon also dealt relationship between character lot better then Eva, really I thought Eva's ending was quite bad imo.

I would change the ending by actually giving it a ending.

D a m i e n
2008-03-12, 04:09
can anyone fill me in the DC second season ending i have only seen the first one and didnt see any point in making a second season since after making clear wich girl he loved a second season seemed to be stupid since it would either be a copy paste of the first season or would just render void all the interactions that took place in the 1st S.

EDIT : Thanks Skyfall for the summarie

reguarding evangelion vs rhaxephon, i recently watch again the evangelion serie and i will say that with a greater knowledge in phylosophie and psychologie the ending as well as being more mature the whole serie was much much better and fullfilling than the impression i had when i watched it 10+ years ago. rhaxephon always appeared to me as a "lesser evangelion" as the subject werent as deep and the serie didnt go as far as evangelion went into introspection and research in human relations.

scrapped princess would be an anime i would change the ending
i would have totally let the princess dead. when she died she was able to enter in contact with the "will of the world" and she choosed to have the "world" reconnect with the rest of "earth". it would have had a much stronger impact if the cost for setting free the "world" was her life as her conscience was already slowly drowing in the styx.

Kristen
2008-03-12, 15:02
Hm ...well, you could do that, but thats not really in the tree's power seems to work. It doesn't seem to be all-powerful when it comes to things like this. It seems to react to people's desires, and since there are conflicting feelings about the matter it can't really do that. That would be rewriting the very fundamentals of the show, and it would no longer stay true to its own title (Da Capo) :) (Sakura probably would have killed the tree anyway for the second time if things would have really went out of control).

Technically you could rewrite the ending, but that would fiddle with other things as well, so in essence you would rewrite much more of the story than just the ending in order to make your desired one work :)

Or it could show that Junichi's true desires had always been with Kotori, and he was just lying to himself thinking that he liked Nemu. And given a new opportunity to start over (Da Capo), he starts over with her and falls in love.

The only issue is that if this happened, DCSS would probably need a few more episodes to show someone else getting hurt in some way, causing Aisia to realize what she needed to do.

khryoleoz
2008-03-12, 15:22
Forget remade endings. If I had my way, Claymore and Berserk would still be going and adapting the manga faithfully.

While we're at it, I'd redo season three of RK in order to have it's true 3rd season, the Jinchuu arc.

Both Mahoromatic and Chrono Crusade can use ending makeovers that adapt the manga's own.

Ai Yori Aoshi could also use a manga adapted ending.

Love Hina would get a new series that faithfully adapts the manga.

Dextro
2008-03-12, 16:23
I Mean the original series from Gonzo... It was a cool series for the first half or such, not exactly like the manga but it had a damn cool soundtrack and was going on at a pretty decent pace until they start firing around randomly, leave half the plot elements they presented wide open and just go with a completely random and, forgive my bluntness, crappy ending for a great show... *breaths*

Thankfully we have Hellsing Ultimate now (even though I don't really like the first 2 ovas, fells kinda fast to me.

Just cut the future-sight bit, we really didn't need that... The show should have ended with Simon walking away, the rest is fan service...

Should have been a 13 or even 25 episode season instead of a movie, even if they did stay in "our" world (but I wish they would have gone back home though, Winry was waiting...)

Scratch that, just kill the entire season... It showed some promising mysteries and characters but when we get to the 30th or 40th episode and still got nothing I started to got scared... with good reason...

I just wish Light could have a dignifying dead... I was hopping he wouldn't die in that completely broken state even though I was expecting it from the constant cockiness he shows in the last 10 or so episodes (and the super-human deductive reasoning of Near)...

Well these are just my views anyway... :)

Eviltape
2008-03-12, 18:18
Everything. Make it like the books, and have that entire situation up to where whats-her-name finds Saito in the forest. They could pull off a Code Geass-class shitstorm if Sushi-Y's summaries didn't exist. :heh:

PastPrime
2008-03-12, 19:29
Everything. Make it like the books, and have that entire situation up to where whats-her-name finds Saito in the forest. They could pull off a Code Geass-class shitstorm if Sushi-Y's summaries didn't exist. :heh:

Agreed. A cliffhanger ending would have been a much better lead in for season 3.

qtipbrit
2008-03-12, 20:29
Everything. Make it like the books, and have that entire situation up to where whats-her-name finds Saito in the forest. They could pull off a Code Geass-class shitstorm if Sushi-Y's summaries didn't exist. :heh:Agreed. A cliffhanger ending would have been a much better lead in for season 3.
A cliffhanger ending would have also had the bad reaction that Code Geass had because of its ending, too. I don't think they went about it in the best way, but pulling something off Code Geass style would not have been a good choice.
But if it had to have a cliffhanger ending, something along the lines of Elfen Lied's ending would have been good, with Saito at the door with a shadow of "Tomoya in the storeroom" style.
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c201/sdskater92/Snapshots/Tomoya.jpg
And,
We know, but we can still fantasise, right? We all know Kotori is the best.

Triple_R
2008-03-12, 21:23
I can kind of understand why Mai HiME was given a happy ending. If the anime had simply ended with Mai defeating the Obsidian Lord, it would have been a rather sad ending... as Mai would have arguably nothing left to even live for, and a huge chunk of the key protagonist and supporting cast characters had disappeared.

That being said, the mass ressurection was overdoing it.

I actually found the surprising 'Tate returns to help Mai out against Reito/the Obsidian Lord' scene was really cool, and unexpected. It was a nice twist, in and of itself - and one that, all alone, didn't demolish the meaning of all the various death/disappear scenes.

So... I would have left it at that. Mai & Tate go on to defeat Reito/Obsidian Lord & mind-controlled Mikoto. No mass ressurections needed in this case.

Mai & Tate (and possibly Mikoto and restored Reito) are left to pick up all the pieces, and try to find happiness and purpose in life in a post-apocalyptic situation. I think it could have made for a very touching romance, and a poignant and fitting end to the Mai HiME anime.

I felt that the pacing was off, more than anything. Aside from making the antagonists more powerful, I would have reversed the order of the Fate/Jail Scaglietti and Nanoha/Vivio battles, and had ended episode 25 with Jail having Fate in a compromised/cliff-hanger position.

That would have given Striker S a more dramatic ending, instead of an anti-climatic 'mop up/aftermath' final episode.

stelok
2008-03-13, 01:09
I would prefer that Shun Ukiya end with Kaoru Konoe instead of Rurippe

I am quite content with the ending, but I would like to add an extra scene... a scene of Shin retiring to get married to Mao so he and Mao would live together happily on the Mayan island

I think that the producers should include an ecchi softcore sex scene of Asami losing her virginity to her husband in the final episode.

NoSanninWa
2008-03-13, 01:15
I think that the producers should include an ecchi softcore sex scene of Asami losing her virginity to her husband in the final episode.

LOL! Oh dear. Let's not get carried away.

I'd settle just for knowing that they are finally going to consumate their marriage. I really don't need "ecchi softcore sex." Just let us know that they will finally do it already before poor Asami-chan explodes from overwhelming horniness.

serenade_beta
2008-03-13, 03:09
I felt that the pacing was off, more than anything. Aside from making the antagonists more powerful, I would have reversed the order of the Fate/Jail Scaglietti and Nanoha/Vivio battles, and had ended episode 25 with Jail having Fate in a compromised/cliff-hanger position.

That would have given Striker S a more dramatic ending, instead of an anti-climatic 'mop up/aftermath' final episode.

If I could remake StrikerS...

Have Scaglietti win and turn the whole world into his playground. Have the Cradle reach it's destination and blast the world to bits.
Guess Vivio would end up as the Cradle's battery for life, but that's nothing bad.
Blow apart Erio and co. first to stop Lutecia from defecting, or if it's too late, blow her up too.

Oh, and the pesky protagonists would die, because apparently, the brainwash treatment wears off with a punch/blast. Death is permanent, it seems at least.

If this happened, I wouldn't care whether it was anti-climatic or anything. :)
Best ending ever (for me)

stelok
2008-03-13, 03:15
LOL! Oh dear. Let's not get carried away.

I'd settle just for knowing that they are finally going to consumate their marriage. I really don't need "ecchi softcore sex." Just let us know that they will finally do it already before poor Asami-chan explodes from overwhelming horniness.

Yeah, with the story only telling us that they finally consummated their marriage without providing softcore images, we viewers now have to use our imagination to make images to fit their consummation.

However, if the studio producers of Oku-sama wa Joshi Kousei are gonna do an OAV about it, I hope they make a hardcore hentai out of it just like the producers of the anime Green Green made an hentai OAV named "Green Green: Erolutions."

Triple_R
2008-03-13, 06:34
If I could remake StrikerS...

Have Scaglietti win and turn the whole world into his playground. Have the Cradle reach it's destination and blast the world to bits.
Guess Vivio would end up as the Cradle's battery for life, but that's nothing bad.
Blow apart Erio and co. first to stop Lutecia from defecting, or if it's too late, blow her up too.

Oh, and the pesky protagonists would die, because apparently, the brainwash treatment wears off with a punch/blast. Death is permanent, it seems at least.

If this happened, I wouldn't care whether it was anti-climatic or anything. :)
Best ending ever (for me)

Actually, having the cradle not reach its destination took a lot away from the ending, now that I think about it. For a few episodes, they were doing this Cradle reachs its destination countdown at the end of each episode, and it kind of got me excited at the prospect of Jail getting the Cradle exactly where he wanted it, and forcing Nanoha et al to really, REALLY have to go all-out to try to defeat him at that point.

I wasn't rooting for Jail as seriously as you were, but if an anime was to pull a shocking 'the antagonists actually win in the end!' ending, Striker S would have been one of only three or four animes where I could have honestly enjoyed that.

PastPrime
2008-03-13, 09:56
A cliffhanger ending would have also had the bad reaction that Code Geass had because of its ending, too. I don't think they went about it in the best way, but pulling something off Code Geass style would not have been a good choice.
But if it had to have a cliffhanger ending, something along the lines of Elfen Lied's ending would have been good, with Saito at the door with a shadow of "Tomoya in the storeroom" style.
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c201/sdskater92/Snapshots/Tomoya.jpg
And,
We know, but we can still fantasise, right? We all know Kotori is the best.
I was thinking of an ending where we see Saito being saved, so we know he is alive, but Louise still thinks that he is dead. Save the reunion for the third season.