PDA

View Full Version : Onihime VS

KickHopper
2008-08-21, 01:48
http://www.comic-valkyrie.com/img/comics/onihime/top01.jpg

Weak, bullied and pessimistic about life, that's Setsuna Kashiwagi. On the verge of jumping off a bridge, a mysterious man appears behind him and offers the contract "10 million yen in exchange for your life in a year." Skeptical at first, he accepts. Waking up the next morning, thinking it was an dream, he notices 2 beautiful women sitting beside him, they are Kanna and Rena, Oni princesses here to claim his heart in a year.

Another IM Dal Young manwha. Art is very pretty, but that's probably the only reason I'm reading this... Hopefully, Setsuna mans up unlike in some way to make me like him. Kanna is awesome though! Rena in a meido outfit... *drools* There just needs to be more of the strong hero balancing out the strong heroine.

CygnusX
2008-08-21, 08:52
Discovered this week as well.

After reading Unbalance x2, I've been a great fan of and have been searching for all of IM Dal Young manwha's.

Of his projects, this one seems the least interesting to me, especially because of the cliché storyline and the spineless main character. Compared to UxU it's not really a welcome change imho.

Though the story is still of IM Dal Young so I'm sure it be fun to read and the art is very nice so I'm looking forward to more releases and see how the story will progress and hope there will be some pleasant surprises.

jesus28
2008-08-21, 10:24
Aflame inferno hasn't moved in a while (with respect to the raws, only can find up to vol 4). Freezing seems to be one of his more interesting manga.

RolePlay
2008-08-21, 10:30
i might have to look into this one as well ^^

Sinestra
2009-02-25, 11:31
Known about this for a bit but was reading Unbalance X2 just finished the first chapter and im loving it so far. I can see how this could appeal to many fans well back to reading. Will give a more complete post when im done.

kujoe
2009-02-25, 13:28
I've been wanting to check this out, so I'm glad it's being scanlated.

The art is great as usual, as expected of Lee Soo Hyun, and the story seems interesting enough so far. Not to mention, Kanna is in many ways all kinds of awesome.

I have to say though, that so far it seems kind of predictable. I'm not really expecting that much considering the premise, but I can easily imagine Kanna and Rena receiving Setsuna's heart, and somehow Setsuna will live on and he'll be with both... all thanks to some stroke of deus ex machina. That, or things will be normal again and he'll end up with Arima, thus wrapping everything up.

holyalexander
2009-02-25, 14:15
this is interesting.. i might look into it..

yongshun
2009-02-25, 14:47
The series is pretty fun to read, I would have figured that Setsuna would be the one to grab the orb but it was unexpected of Arima to grab it, cant wait to see what happens next.

ReddyRedWolf
2009-02-25, 23:58
I've been wanting to check this out, so I'm glad it's being scanlated.

The art is great as usual, as expected of Lee Soo Hyun, and the story seems interesting enough so far. Not to mention, Kanna is in many ways all kinds of awesome.

I have to say though, that so far it seems kind of predictable. I'm not really expecting that much considering the premise, but I can easily imagine Kanna and Rena receiving Setsuna's heart, and somehow Setsuna will live on and he'll be with both... all thanks to some stroke of deus ex machina. That, or things will be normal again and he'll end up with Arima, thus wrapping everything up.

Well not without some tragedy I think. He needs a heart transplant.

Meaning somebody has to croak first.

kujoe
2009-02-26, 03:08
Well, that's why I said, "by some stroke of deus ex machina".

Of course, it can always end tragically. If I'm not mistaken, Im Dal Young has ended one of his stories on a tragic note but I don't feel such vibes here, at least not yet, especially with a hapless main character like Setsuna. True to anime protagonist clichés, he's already been told that there's something special about him (i.e., his unusual heart), which allows him to summon both of the princesses.

Solace
2009-02-26, 03:56
True to anime protagonist clichés, he's already been told that there's something special about him (i.e., his unusual heart), which allows him to summon both of the princesses.

I wouldn't say this is an anime only cliche, but yeah his character (so far) is rather generic. I do find the bully secretly liking him a nice touch though, the scenes where she's trying to somehow tell him that she likes him are fun to watch. ^^

kujoe
2009-02-26, 04:01
Nah, that's actually quite reminiscent of Im dal Young's other manhwa, Unbalance x Unbalance.

That manhwa also has a female character with a nasty, scheming bitchy side that causes tension and drama from her end of the story. Arima isn't as bad, but I don't find her characterization particularly appealing, even for a tsundere fan like myself.

TrueKnight
2009-02-26, 04:09
Superb art and appealing females.

But a retard, emo, crybaby and useless male lead with females bossing him around, always pushed around, cries alot and again, relying most the time on females do clean the mess for him. Very inspiring indeed. Reading this made me somehow lost my manliness a bit. If he remain that useless spine I'm afraid even the ridiculously hot females won't be able the keep me interested.

Then again I'm read this when I just finished wacthed 300 again. So I maybe biased.

denice25
2009-02-26, 04:32
Good Luck in reading...

Mentar
2009-02-26, 04:48
To be honest, after the 5 scanlated chapters the character I find most interesting and enjoyable is uber-tsundere Arima ;) *lol*

Anyway, I'm having fun.

kujoe
2009-02-26, 06:01
Whoa, Ch 6 (raw)...

Turns out, the reason why Arima takes the orb is because what Hina is planning isn't part of the deal. Hina eating Setsuna's heart isn't what they agreed on, so she decides to stop the scheme.

A scuffle occurs, and they end up tossing the orb around each other... until it hits the ground and smashes to pieces. The impact of that results in Hina and Arima pretty much getting knocked out.

Setsuna ends up giving Arima a kiss in order to revive her, which of course shocks Arima when she finds out. But then, Hina isn't in a good shape either and Kanna ends up imploring Arima to use her blood to save Hina. Arima at first doesn't accept because they're demons, but Kanna humbly asks for her help some more. Despite what they are, she cannot just let Hina die. Eventually, Rena and then Setsuna ask for her help as well, and finally Arima relents.

In the end, everybody is ok, except now because of what Arima did, Hina is now her servant and is basically her maid. I guess she now has a pact with the little loli demon.

Deathkillz
2009-02-26, 12:40
IM Dal Young is DA MAN when it comes to drawing sexy women...although I think he did kind of overdid it here with Kanna's chest size.

But holy zettai ryouiki :heh:

I do think that the guy looks a bit too much of a shota kid, which is a waste since he is surrounded by hot girls, but this isn't the first case I've seen of this. I wonder why :rolleyes:

Mizuno
2009-03-06, 17:03
lol, Hina in servant uniform looks a bit like a full-sized Suiseiseki... :heh:

FateAnomaly
2009-03-06, 21:44
Normally i would say i don't like someone like Arima but i do in this case. Anyway there probably won't be much of a storyline but i am still looking forward to the next chapter.

Cio
2009-03-07, 01:23
Rena is awesome, she is remind me of Son Goku from Journey to the West :D

As for chp 6, it is hilarious to see Hina in maid costume LOL

Sin Ansem
2009-03-07, 12:29
Hina gives me heavy Anya (Negima) vibes for some reason...

incube
2009-03-07, 17:08
I really dont like this kind of anime where the main character is a weak good for nothing and suddenly he is surrounded by some kick ass sexy girl and they somehow end up following him around like pets because he is a nice guy (?). I mean all he does is walk around, end up in a pinch and summons one of the girls and after they beat the bad guys into a pulp he jump out from where he was hiding and acts all cool and nice.. bleh

Deathkillz
2009-03-07, 17:31
I don't like it too but then again there are other titles out there that deal with the opposite extreme. It's just that a lot of the titles like this one are focused giving hope to the readers...by which the targetted audience are your run of the mill normal otaku who dreams to have hot girls falling onto them for no reason. :rolleyes:

Well, you are either with or against...and I am with (for the sake of ecchi :p)

yongshun
2009-04-08, 00:16
New chapter is out and love how Rena was just messing with Kana throughout the whole chapter.

Tempest35
2009-04-08, 17:44
Well, there's one thing I can say - this guy knows how to draw. :D Although, I'd prefer if we didn't already know that Setsuna here was special in that he can summon both sisters instead of just one... This does have a lot of 'cliche types' in it but it's interesting enough for me to continue reading. :)

(Kana-service FTW)

Magin
2009-04-08, 19:58
this is a case of "screw what little plot there is- I'm in in for the girls and the fighting!"

kujoe
2009-04-08, 22:35
A nice Kanna-centric chapter. I also love the part of Rena messing around. :p

Tempest35
2009-04-11, 09:08
3 New RAWS. :) Kanna-chan's gonna win if this keeps up...:heh:

alamarco
2009-04-11, 13:14
3 RAWs? Do those 3 RAWs make Onihime VS current in terms of RAW releases? I thought with the latest Onihime VS 7 scanlated we were current, I guess not.

Samanosuke
2009-04-11, 19:58
3 RAWs? Do those 3 RAWs make Onihime VS current in terms of RAW releases? I thought with the latest Onihime VS 7 scanlated we were current, I guess not.

lastest that came out was chap 9 , in comic valkyrie 17.
next chapter is coming out in japan at the end of next month ( comes out every 2 month )

demonfang
2009-04-11, 23:08
lastest that came out was chap 9 , in comic valkyrie 17.
next chapter is coming out in japan at the end of next month ( comes out every 2 month )

Uhh, I have the ch. 10 raw already :rolleyes:

Samanosuke
2009-04-11, 23:10
oh ?
Dunno , i checked the KTC website , and from the preview there , i saw chap 9.
my bad then.

Jze0
2009-06-01, 16:24
Chapter 8 scans are out!

Interesting turn of events. From what I gathered it appearing the side effects of the potion not only make you lose your memory but despite being female, you still fall in love with the first person you see of the opposite sex. Dunno once Kanna is cured of the potion if she would still have her feeling for Setsuna though I'm sure she will therefore making it difficult for her to decide whether she can eat his heart or not. Haha :heh: If thats the case Arima screwed up bad since now shes going to have a tough rival and not an easy one at that.

Deathkillz
2009-06-01, 19:41
I don't know what's worse; Kanna getting terrorised by 10 year olds or Setsuna getting his ass kicked by them...seriously...

Deathkillz
2009-07-25, 12:29
Chapter 9 was rather short and unsatisfying...
They managed to find the flower (or grass) that can cure Kanna's amnesia but it is guarded by a big ape demon straight out of DBZ.

Not much else can be said but "holy onsen scene!" :heh:

yongshun
2009-08-14, 14:05
Two new chapters are out and it was a pretty nice ending for the arc. I am not sure if it is the translators having fun or it really was in the manga but the reference to DBZ was pretty funny, and it looks like Kanna really do like Setsuna.

DragoZERO
2009-08-14, 14:35
Yeah, great chapters. I like the character development the most though. It feels like we're moving at snail speed here, so yeah.

-Sho-
2009-08-14, 16:57
The main character is it strong or a typical weak normal human ?

DragoZERO
2009-08-14, 18:01
Weak bodied, strong willed.. I would say.

Magin
2009-08-15, 00:16
In other words, your stereotypical-guy-who-is-surrounded-by-lovely-ladies

ZODDGUTS
2009-08-15, 00:33
You have to give the author a break though since this is aimed towards the Japanese audience rather than he's korean work, he has to make a pussy character which is what the japanese love so much in series that have romance for whatever reason, same goes with Freezing manga . Now looks at he's korean work the male leads are quite the opposite, their no pussies.

-Sho-
2009-08-15, 05:24
Arg , i'm really tired to typical weak male lead who are gifted by ladies (mostly they are strong , badass) and are always a strong will . Yeah , japaneses love this setting its a shame .

DragoZERO
2009-08-15, 08:37
In other words, your stereotypical-guy-who-is-surrounded-by-lovely-ladies

Of course, lol. But he is weak bodied cause of a condition, so its not like he's an otaku nerd who doesn't go outdoors unless necessary or anything like that.

Cinocard
2009-08-16, 01:55
Arg , i'm really tired to typical weak male lead who are gifted by ladies (mostly they are strong , badass) and are always a strong will . Yeah , japaneses love this setting its a shame .

Anything is typical nowadays. If you really want something unusual, I dunno if it's 1 among 100 manga out there.

Weak body and strong will kinda go together. I wouldn't really know what to do with a physically AND mentally weak male lead, lol.

You have to give the author a break though since this is aimed towards the Japanese audience rather than he's korean work, he has to make a pussy character which is what the japanese love so much in series that have romance for whatever reason, same goes with Freezing manga.

Why is it not the other way around?

Also, Kazuya certainly isn't any pussies.

AKnightWhoSaysNi!
2009-08-16, 10:47
I really really wish the author would just finish UxU, generic beach chapter might be fun to look at, but I know hes got more talent than that.

The artist for UxU and Onihime VS is supposed to have a new series with another author... anyone heard about it?

Jze0
2009-08-24, 01:20
Read ch. 9 and 10 minutes ago. Nice way to end that Kanna arc, really liked the development between her and Setsuna. Its going to be fun to see them interact from now on, awkward moments will ensue.

Hope the next arc focus on Rena. I don't think we've gotten enough of her.

The artist for UxU and Onihime VS is supposed to have a new series with another author... anyone heard about it?
Really?? :confused: I didn't hear any news about this. Hmmmm... I should go and find out.

DragoZERO
2009-08-24, 10:38
I really really wish the author would just finish UxU, generic beach chapter might be fun to look at, but I know hes got more talent than that.

I wish UxU would be finished before something new is started. Its so damn good.

Wrath88
2010-03-23, 00:24
7 months after the last post. We got the traditional fanservice-filled beach chapter, and while there's no continuation to the actual plot, it's pretty acceptable to me.

DragoZERO
2010-03-23, 07:08
7 months after the last post. We got the traditional fanservice-filled beach chapter, and while there's no continuation to the actual plot, it's pretty acceptable to me.
It was rather entertaining. But Arima's breasts look a little bigger than B-cup. :heh:

KLGChaos
2010-03-23, 09:09
Yeah, considering we just came off a plot-heavy arc, I'm not surprised there's a filler chapter. It was pretty funny, though.

"There's guys kissing each other". Made me lol.

MrTerrorist
2010-03-23, 10:57
Yeah, considering we just came off a plot-heavy arc, I'm not surprised there's a filler chapter. It was pretty funny, though.

"There's guys kissing each other". Made me lol.

Yes, that was the most funniest part. Made me rofl!:heh::D

DragoZERO
2010-03-23, 11:36
I totally missed that part. lol.

Bombo
2010-03-23, 17:23
loooooooooooooooool

--

I started to read this chapter...I liked the way in this chapter and rena with hina my fav char now <3

Mentar
2010-03-23, 18:45
Am I the only one who finds himself rooting for _Arima_? ;)

DragoZERO
2010-03-24, 07:07
I haven't even thought about that. We need an arc or at least a couple of chapters focused on her, lol.

Bombo
2010-03-24, 07:24
You aren't only for her..I can't belive arima bullied setstuna because she love him :d

MrTerrorist
2010-04-25, 02:28
Chapter 13 is out
Poor Hina. Arima acts like a cranky pregnant woman. lol
But at least Hina defeated that demon who possessed Mary's mother.

Lummie
2011-02-18, 18:07
It's been a while but finally a new chap. Setsuna finally starts counterattacking with Rena :3 and Hina's battle ends with an epic cliffhanger. Overall, this chap was really great.

DragoZERO
2011-02-18, 19:59
Watch out for the killer loli... :heh:

I hope the scanlations pick up. I like this series.

Lummie
2011-02-19, 04:33
^ The same here but it appears there are no chaps left. Lim Dal put this serie on the backburner to finish UxU, and with him picking up a new serie, I fear we might w8 a long time before this continues.

Dorsai
2011-02-19, 09:02
Im rooting for Arima too ;p

I cant believe you like series where main hero punch girls like it was nothing ( I mean UxU ofc)... Reason doesnt matters... Even Onihime VS is better then sh1t like this... And older teacher better than tsundere childhood friend? UxU is sh1ttest romance/harem manhwa I ever read...
But this author have one great work- Legend of Maian... Even big breast not bother me this much...

DragoZERO
2011-02-19, 09:18
^ The same here but it appears there are no chaps left. Lim Dal put this serie on the backburner to finish UxU, and with him picking up a new serie, I fear we might w8 a long time before this continues.He did? I didn't know that, what a bummer. He needs to finish up some of these series or make them alternate or do something.

Im rooting for Arima too ;p

I cant believe you like series where main hero punch girls like it was nothing ( I mean UxU ofc)... Reason doesnt matters... Even Onihime VS is better then sh1t like this... And older teacher better than tsundere childhood friend? UxU is sh1ttest romance/harem manhwa I ever read...
But this author have one great work- Legend of Maian... Even big breast not bother me this much...Im Dal Young = female abuse. And it's a shame you don't like it just because of one chapter and a choice to have a teacher as the main heroine because it is a great series. Sure it has it's faults, but all series do.

Magin
2011-02-20, 03:53
It's been a long, long time since I last touched this series, mostly due to lack of chapters... I left off after the chapter where the potion caused one of the girls (don't remember her name) to go through memory loss... are there any more scanlated chapters after that?

Ravenblitz
2011-02-20, 06:40
ohh yeah Chapter 7 that's when the White Princess Kanna become amnesiac.. she took the love potion accidentally.. so about 11 chapters you missed :P

Magin
2011-02-21, 02:48
Just means I've catching up to do... and that's always a pleasure, with the way he draws his ladies (how he treats them... is a very different story)

DragoZERO
2011-02-21, 09:44
Just means I've catching up to do... and that's always a pleasure, with the way he draws his ladies (how he treats them... is a very different story)
He doesn't draw them. He has illustrators. Only a couple of them, but they are all godly.

Rag
2011-02-21, 10:03
He doesn't draw them. He has illustrators. Only a couple of them, but they are all godly.

Indeed.

The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 10 characters.

solomon
2011-02-24, 16:16
Just happened upon this one,

I actually like it, good popcorn Manwha. Sure it doesn't have the substance that UxU has but not everything has to, even my snooty-ass knows that. :p

Art is great and characters are fun, Rena is probably my favorite due to her great Wil E. Coyote schtick she always does.Seriously though, If I were Setsuna, I'd have cracked and jumped at least ONE of the girls bones by now, after all he IS gonna die, right....RIGHT?!

liquidmetal
2011-02-24, 23:08
Seriously though, If I were Setsuna, I'd have cracked and jumped at least ONE of the girls bones by now, after all he IS gonna die, right....RIGHT?!

Made me chuckle but well said lol. Hopefully some more development once this mini arc finishes.

Though with typical harems wonder what the odds of the zombie girl joining them are...

Bloodone
2011-04-03, 13:18
Well this is slow.....
I just finished 18 chapters and I liked it. Good fun to read when nothing to do. Nothing much to say about this here as well, huh :D Only fair for something moving so slow. Well, I enjoyed it ant waiting for more. Moving on to other manhwas/mangas.

p.s. I like that silent chick (forgot the name)

osorito
2012-01-31, 23:42
The manga it's back, just looked at the sample @ http://www.comic-valkyrie.com/images/samplebook/magazines/vol36/
Wonder if somebody can translate the few pages of the sample?

Tom Bombadil
2012-02-01, 09:54
The manga it's back, just looked at the sample @ http://www.comic-valkyrie.com/images/samplebook/magazines/vol36/
Wonder if somebody can translate the few pages of the sample?

Glad to hear that. I enjoyed this manga much more than freezing (dropped around the NTR arch).

solomon
2012-02-01, 17:18
Saw the sample,

HOOOOLLLLLLYYYY MACKERAL THIS GON BE GUUUD :D

DragoZERO
2012-02-04, 20:48
Awesome. I really liked this series. One of the more original ones by Im Dal-young.

ShiroiRyu
2012-02-05, 05:23
Good boys and girls, you know what is good and not. :p

Mura
2012-02-05, 13:39
When can we expect a chapter to be released? Raw or translated.

osorito
2012-02-07, 21:48
Who is scanlating it? or who will do it?

Velsy
2012-02-09, 05:42
Yes, I really liked this one too, would like to see alot more chapters to this story.... <3 Rena

ShiroiRyu
2012-02-10, 08:16
19-20 scanlated !

Erionelle who fight and beat Rena. O_o
The transformation ...
The second chapter was meh ...
until the end... Another transformation. *__*

osorito
2012-02-10, 09:58
Who is scanlating it? FTH?

Khalil
2012-02-10, 13:09
Who is scanlating it? FTH?

A-Team have taken over from Muda, using PROzess' translations.

KLGChaos
2012-02-10, 21:49
The only problem with this manga is the typical, completely useless Im-Dal Young lead. He really should just keep the men out of his mangas because he can't make an interesting male protagonist to save his life. Better yet, cut Im-Dal out entirely and just have the cartoonist draw naked women. It would amount to much the same thing. And it'd probably be better.

Lexxus
2012-02-10, 22:07
What a useless guy. lol

solomon
2012-02-10, 22:09
grrrrrrrrrrrrrr scan group change gggggrrrrrrrrrrrrr

GRRRRRRRRRRR ARTIST CHANGE GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

surerman
2012-03-11, 04:13
grrrrrrrrrrrrrr scan group change gggggrrrrrrrrrrrrr

GRRRRRRRRRRR ARTIST CHANGE GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

ARTIST? you mean illustrator?. for the better or worse?:confused:

lol at chapter 12
beauty contest become orgy :D
If I'm there, I'll happily throw a bunch of grenade to them :D

osorito
2012-03-25, 21:07
http://www.comic-valkyrie.com/uploads/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/oni_val37a.jpg

Rena taking down the zombie princes without any troubles?

Athena
2012-03-26, 18:08
The only problem with this manga is the typical, completely useless Im-Dal Young lead. He really should just keep the men out of his mangas because he can't make an interesting male protagonist to save his life. Better yet, cut Im-Dal out entirely and just have the cartoonist draw naked women. It would amount to much the same thing. And it'd probably be better.

Not all the protagonists are useless in Im-Dal Young's mangas/manhwas though. Unbalance X 2's protagonist was likeable, and I started likeing Legend of Maian's better.

deathcoy
2012-03-28, 05:22
Not all the protagonists are useless in Im-Dal Young's mangas/manhwas though. Unbalance X 2's protagonist was likeable, and I started likeing Legend of Maian's better.

I'd second that. Strangely i like Onihime VS protagonist the most out of all Im-Dal Young's male leads. He maybe wimpy and weak but somehow hes not like the mainstream wimpy leads out there, theres something to him that i cant explain haha.

Tenchi Hou Take
2012-03-28, 05:36
I'd second that. Strangely i like Onihime VS protagonist the most out of all Im-Dal Young's male leads. He maybe wimpy and weak but somehow hes not like the mainstream wimpy leads out there, theres something to him that i cant explain haha.

Well really it's more he's surprisingly strong considering his position, it's one thing to be wimpy and weak for no discernable reason than your general personality it's another thing to be "wimpy" and weak when you've had a life threatening heart condition your entire life and put in a position where unless deus ex machina arrives you are pretty much useless.

Outside of dying in a spectacular way and giving some good speeches there's really not much you can do unless deus ex machina arrives. Considering how calm he is when he knows he's going to die pretty gruesomely in a year (even if death was always around the corner for him) it's something quite admirable.

Protagonists like the male lead in freezing are just a pussy's and so the derision is warranted especially considering how powerful he "should" be.

osorito
2012-04-03, 19:20
Sample chapter is out, http://www.comic-valkyrie.com/images/samplebook/magazines/vol37/

KLGChaos
2012-04-04, 03:36

Yeah, I suppose he's not as bad as the guy in Koimoku-- constantly in tears and letting himself get bullied by the girls around him.

fazri
2012-04-04, 06:01
by the why.
what the reason illustrator of this series get changed?

Lexxus
2012-04-04, 06:09
^ Changed? Isn't IDY still the illustrator of this?

ShiroiRyu
2012-04-23, 08:04
Oh man ...
Kanna is damn strong ! O_o

ShiroiRyu
2012-04-24, 07:23
Oh Setsuna ...
You have now a "Sama" with your name. :)

Lexxus
2012-04-24, 09:28
^ Didn't he earn that already in chapter 21? Well, Kanna is really damn strong. :cool:

vansonbee
2012-04-24, 10:57
I dropped this on chapter 3. Is it worth it to pick it up again?

Magin
2012-04-24, 11:42
Depends on what you're hoping for in this manga... the one good thing about it against every other one of IDY's works is that the main character is actually supposed to be wimpy, though I understand he has an awesome moment every now and then.

surerman
2012-05-16, 06:28
Oh Setsuna ...
You have now a "Sama" with your name. :)

be glad it not "seme":D

btw,
I wonder if all of this done, will Setsuna be revived by Zombie princess for he lost his heart and die? to use your enemy previous ally against them is one of a tactics to torment your opponent:rolleyes:

black knight iust
2012-05-26, 22:43
i may prefer big breasts but kenna isnt my fav rena is my fav the whole silant thing turns me on plus shes awsome

Well really it's more he's surprisingly strong considering his position, it's one thing to be wimpy and weak for no discernable reason than your general personality it's another thing to be "wimpy" and weak when you've had a life threatening heart condition your entire life and put in a position where unless deus ex machina arrives you are pretty much useless.

Outside of dying in a spectacular way and giving some good speeches there's really not much you can do unless deus ex machina arrives. Considering how calm he is when he knows he's going to die pretty gruesomely in a year (even if death was always around the corner for him) it's something quite admirable.

Protagonists like the male lead in freezing are just a pussy's and so the derision is warranted especially considering how powerful he "should" be. summoning two oni is not easy from what i remember plus thier is still the fact that he had a heart condition all his life which im my experiance with people it limits one to having a painful phisical limiter and i can see setsuna learning some magic in the future and mayby some speed type swordmanship cant really see him as a good powertype though

ShiroiRyu
2012-07-16, 07:28
23-24 : Oh !

Oh ... A lover for our sister's hero ?
I want the same punishment.
And he is not her type.

surerman
2012-07-16, 10:36
some how I pity the guy, he just want to get a girl yet being hit by Oni :D

Arima didn't like accessories lol wut?! :twitch:
are she's ancient too? I mean my clan? XD

Velsy
2012-07-16, 11:53
I havent read this for a while. Are there many new chapters ?

I loved this story because of Rena, I am rooting for her to win the competition to eat his heart. Last I remembered she was winning 2 - 1

osorito
2012-07-18, 19:17
I loved that punishment!http://c.mfcdn.net/store/manga/4075/04-024.0/compressed/tonihime_vs_c023_022.jpg

Mura
2012-07-18, 19:19
If that is punishment then I would be a masochist forever.:heh:

Lexxus
2012-07-18, 19:21
I wouldn't call that a punishment :heh:

MAX_COLA_POWER!
2012-07-18, 19:26
Well, in a way, it may be, since it could be like, HA!, since you're gonna die and let us eat your heart, this is the one thing you're not getting, LAID! HA! Anyhoo, if Rena ever talked, do you think she'd be like one of those siren-type onis that if she spoke, it would make the whole world deaf or somethin.

alchem1st
2012-07-18, 21:26
wew breast punishment iam in :heh:

ShiroiRyu
2012-08-08, 05:30
Pool session !\o/
Theses boobs for bentô !
But i want to know about her family.

surerman
2012-08-08, 05:40
poor Arima, being lured to be robbed by Kanna and co.
but ...isn't they already spent two summer? chapter 12 and this 24th, I think Setsuna heart ripen after 1 year right?, so why there's no movement from the demon princess yet?:confused:

ShiroiRyu
2012-09-02, 10:25
http://www.manga-news.com/index.php/actus/2012/08/31/Fin-dOnihime-VS

LOLOLOL.

4 volumes for that ?

MAX_COLA_POWER!
2012-09-02, 13:54
I'll translate as best I can, ahem: Since Im Dal Young can't recognize good shit if it hit him on his masochistic head, Onihime VS will end with its 4th volume.

ShiroiRyu
2012-09-02, 14:10
I'll translate as best I can, ahem: Since Im Dal Young can't recognize good shit if it hit him on his masochistic head, Onihime VS will end with its 4th volume.

Sorry i'm french but i forgot french is not a language all how you try to learn in school, not like english. XD
But yes, it's like you said !

Lexxus
2012-09-02, 15:01
IDY also ended Re:Birth - The Lunatic Taker which for me was left hanged. I'm not surprised by this since he have so many works at once. I'm still waiting for his Aflame Inferno but I wouldn't surprise if it will follow the same fate of his other works that ended.

smbjoshy
2012-09-02, 17:24
The hell man, this was a series that had good potential too :/

Arturro
2012-09-02, 18:42
IDY also ended Re:Birth - The Lunatic Taker which for me was left hanged. I'm not surprised by this since he have so many works at once. I'm still waiting for his Aflame Inferno but I wouldn't surprise if it will follow the same fate of his other works that ended.

Sai:Taker - Futari no Artemis (http://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=74424) is a sequel to Re:birth. There is always hope for Aflame Inferno and Phantom King conclusion. He ended Unbalance,although after a few years long hiatus...

Shadow5YA
2012-09-02, 19:28
Sai:Taker - Futari no Artemis (http://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=74424) is a sequel to Re:birth. There is always hope for Aflame Inferno and Phantom King conclusion. He ended Unbalance,although after a few years long hiatus...

Sai:Taker isn't really even a real sequel since it doesn't really address the Life Inc plot line left Re:Birth. It's more of a spinoff in the same universe because of Im Dalyoung's bad habit of starting a new series before he finishes his other running ones.

Also, UnbalancexUnbalance ended poorly after the hiatus, so that's not very good reassurance either.

Johnny
2012-10-20, 05:15
Yet another crap rushed ending from Dal-Young. Well I suppose he's at least consistent in his rushed ending debauchery...

Also according to the gents over at A-Team. Koimoku looks like it will also have a rushed shitty ending. I think he should practice the phrase "less is best" from now on...

MAX_COLA_POWER!
2012-10-20, 05:20
Soooooo, it's safe to say that I'm Dunce Yo's priorities are Freezing and that gender bender series he's working on? This is one of those times where even if the author were to make some kind of femdom H manga, I would not be interested in all to see it.

Cold~as~Ice
2012-10-20, 05:58
im dal fail is finished he shouldn't be allowed to create another manhua ever again. hope I never have to hear his name after freezing is done

Lexxus
2012-10-20, 06:14
lol that was fast. I guess Aflame Inferno and The Legend of Maian will be next?

Soooooo, it's safe to say that I'm Dunce Yo's priorities are Freezing and that gender bender series he's working on? This is one of those times where even if the author were to make some kind of femdom H manga, I would not be interested in all to see it.

What gender bender? I don't remember seeing one. What's the name?

Atrum023
2012-10-20, 07:04
^ If I remember correctly, it was 'Futari no Artemis'.

ShiroiRyu
2012-10-20, 07:13
Oh ...
So, it''s ended and rushed.
And A-Team said Koimoku too ... -_-

Tiberium Wolf
2012-10-20, 09:47
Not sure where I read it if I did read it correctly... wasn't this axe because the publisher is merging with another one?

Johnny
2012-10-20, 17:45
You're probably thinking of XO Sisters and She's Gon...

Tiberium Wolf
2012-10-20, 19:38
Oh right. I got confused here.

Tempest35
2012-10-20, 19:53
*sigh* I liked this series almost as much as I did Aflame Inferno, for the sheer fact that I got to see a Gehenna look-a-like for a while longer. And now, even this is done. I can give two rats for a care about Freezing... >.>

At the very least, this could have done with another volume with the tsundere zombie oni girl...How can you not think of material for this stuff... or is the stress of writing too much...too much?

But Rena looked freakin' awesome in her released form... :D AND SHE TALKED too. :p

MAX_COLA_POWER!
2012-10-20, 20:23
*sigh* I liked this series almost as much as I did Aflame Inferno, for the sheer fact that I got to see a Gehenna look-a-like for a while longer. And now, even this is done. I can give two rats for a care about Freezing... >.>

At the very least, this could have done with another volume with the tsundere zombie oni girl...How can you not think of material for this stuff... or is the stress of writing too much...too much?

But Rena looked freakin' awesome in her released form... :D AND SHE TALKED too. :pWas I the only one who thought, when Rena talked, this apocalyptic echo-y voice that screamed, WE'RE ALL GONNA DIE!

Panzerklein
2012-10-21, 01:28
Sadly, another rush end.

lol that was fast. I guess Aflame Inferno and The Legend of Maian will be next?

What gender bender? I don't remember seeing one. What's the name?

That is Sai:Taker - Futari no Artemis, sequel of Re:BIRTH - The Lunatic Taker .

While Aflame Inferno is stop so long, hope the author don't suddenly give it a rush end too.

for3ver
2012-10-21, 01:59
lol could that ending be any more anti-climatic?

fazri
2012-10-21, 08:03
other work from that author that doesn't have clear end like taker.

orrthehunter
2012-10-23, 15:43
You know the manga is not officially over yet right? The last chapters in Volume 4 won't be released until November.

Johnny
2012-10-23, 16:13
The actual volume itself will be released, but the final two chapters that was just released are it...

ShiroiRyu
2012-10-26, 05:27
Ah ...
She's Gon ...
I loved it. :'(
Really loved it ... and i can just hope for a return in the new magazine.

Sunder the Gold
2012-10-26, 18:35

That's my take on it.

Sometimes I think, "Well of course he's willing to throw his life away. It's not much of a life, and he feels like a burden to his sister, so in a way it's just suicide to end the pain..."

But even under such conditions, the survival instinct is strong. And I was impressed from the very start with this young man's decision.