PDA

View Full Version : Regios - Episode 6 Discussion / Poll

Skyfall
2009-02-14, 12:12
Welcome to the discussion thread for Regios, Episode 6.

Thread Guidelines
Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
Spoilers about future events must not be posted in this thread.
If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message (http://forums.animesuki.com/faq.php?faq=vb_board_usage#faq_vb_pm_explain).
Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
Be polite to your fellow forum members.
Please try to keep the discussion on topic.

Spoiler Policy

Any spoiler that reveals future events, even under a spoiler tag, will be deleted.
Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
Adding a Spoiler tag:

spoiler.gif
Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
Make sure that you include a title for the spoiler!
Please use the Report button if you see any spoilers:

report.gif
Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
to locate and deal with problems quickly.
Posting prohibited spoilers may result in a ban.
Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.

TrueKnight
2009-02-14, 12:27
Okay, finally it's up. So far from ep 5 preview we have:

- the letter from Lilin;
- Mei and her gang seems getting all worked up from that letter;
- Nina and Kalian planning mischiveous deeds;
- Felli fails cooking; and
- a glimpsed at Layfon's training in his combat suit.

Wonder if we're gonna get full cover and answer on this.

Renegade334
2009-02-14, 13:21
Well, until the raw gets out, you could always collect hints and other clues from here:

Chrome-Shelled Regios episode 06
~Removed~GUIDELINES / RULES:

- Do NOT spread the 2chan link.
- If you want to quote my post, then please ERASE THE URL.
- If you want to (re)post screenshots from 2chan, then reload them on Imageshack and kindly supply the new links. In other words, do NOT hotlink.

When the short-lived 2chan threads get junked along with their contents (meaning: the screenshots), the broken urls lead the user to a pageful of adult advertisements, a type of content that goes against Animesuki's policy on inappropriate material.

I'll erase the URL in a few hours (at least until the first raw or blog entry appears you-know-where) so, if you want to visit the page later on, save my link somewhere (in your bookmarks or notepad...whatever) while it's still up.

EDIT: raw's out. You're better off acquiring it than relying on temporary 2chan screencaps, so please consider dling it.

TrueKnight
2009-02-14, 13:42
Judging from the pics they're the same as ep 5 preview showed us... now if only there's a summary. -_-

Xellos-_^
2009-02-14, 14:03
A grumpy Felie is fine too.

zibi88
2009-02-14, 14:21
I will say that this episode was kinda boring... actualy nothing happens... besides lots of talk...

Well letter from Lilin kinda come to girl dormitory... and Meicchi found it... later she wanted to give it to Fon-fon but she chickened out and she lost the letter.... feli found it and read it that its from Lilin... she hided it and didnt gave back to fon-fon....till next day (by hiding it under Layfons backpack in the changeing room) in mean time it appeared that Feli is very weak cook XD and the dinner is actualy made by Layfon ^^ President wants to use Layfon again in fighting a monster (that feli found in ep2 or 3 kinda red one ala lizard think hanging onto a rock)..... Feli is damn angry.....

Later Layfon goes back home but Nanaki is waiting for him.... hmm maybe she wanted to show Layfon her future work place at the police station (few prisoners later broke free but Layfon jumped in to stop them [they didnt show his fight])

Its the next day and like I mentioned Feli put that letter under layfons backpack after training but the letter fell on the ground when Layfon picked his bag.... Nina founded it.... later the electronic-ferry found nina at the machinery station the same she found out that letter to Layfon... she wanted to open it but she didnt made it ^^ Nina hanged out that letter to Layfon (but we didnt see Layfon reading it at all............>_< whole episode about a letter that is not even readed)

That nina-friend with green hair (the mechanic) builded Layfon a better sword that could handle Layfons Kei power.... end of episode....

next episode will be awsome ^^ Layfon will go solo with that big-red-monster that was close to Zueli since ep2 or 3 ^^ new sword but damn they gived him a crappy helmet XD (kinda like a knight but strange XD)

Manji Midou
2009-02-14, 14:56
OMFG, how cute can they continue to make Mei be, kyaaah.
>_< a goddamn shame about the letter not being read...maybe this is a set up ep for lilin's moving in. l bet she could even cook, unlike a certain somebody :heh:

zibi88
2009-02-14, 15:09
Hmm there are few names of next episodes and it seems that it will get interesting from this poing.... kinda ep8&9 titles are bugging me since I used normal translator it kinda its strange ^^ but well episode 8 mentions something about an enemy (maybe someone that layfon met in past..... maybe that short-white-haired guy with that little red-haired girl in ep1...dont know ^^) and ep9 title is bugging me the most.... it was something about Heaven-blade [transfer student].... there could be 2meenings...like... someone from Grendan will come to Zueli like a transfer student to meet up with Layfon (or see if he growned up xD who knows... maybe the queen learns in earlier episodes where Layfon went and that he is the closest person to Lilin....we can only speculate)..... or the queen found someone on the 12th heaven blade place (after Layfon)....

Kinda I would like to see someone from Grendan comeing to Zueli ^^ that long-haired guy that fights with fists (from ep1) or the one with green hairs the masters of strings ;P But Lilin comeing to Layfons side would be the best XD he could focus on protecting city with the idea that his closest person is here to comfort him in his depression ^^

Anyway time will show what awaits us... but from next episode 7 kinda it looks like things will go more interesting ^^

AlaAlba
2009-02-14, 16:35
I think this episode is better than any of previous ones in term of the pace of the story, it doesnt feel rushed like eps 5, I hope they ll keep the pace like this.

and too bad Reifon didnt read Leerin's letter, her role seems getting smaller and smaller...

Enternal
2009-02-14, 17:32
Lillin's role is getting smaller for now but since she's could be considered the main heroine, I guess that when we finally get to her part, it's going to be a drastic change.

zibi88
2009-02-14, 17:47
if Lilin wasnt important then she wouldnt be on front of anime posters ^^ for now there is development of others characters and well she later might appear with a visit in Layfons place ^^ (after recevieing a letter from Layfon... like in what shit he walked in [whole city depends on his power... while in grendan he could fight under less presure becouse of others heaven blades in town.... and here screw the fight and the city will die....that is huge pressure XD] and that he met few girls <--decideing factor to move there xD )

Right now its more like development Zueli characters.....but maybe it would change after some of Layfons accomplishments (killing monsters solo for Zueli city not for money but to protect them).....maybe after some time the word will spread around other cities and eventualy it will reach Grendan... so maybe queen would reconsider to go there and see it on her own eyes if Layfon changed (grown up a little) and maybe she could try and give him his title back :P

Anyway time will show how the story will go.... maybe the novel readers know more but I'm not one of them so I'm baseing on my own throughts and material from few episdoes ^^

ricaryx
2009-02-14, 18:20
Yay new sub-forum!

Lillin's role is getting smaller for now but since she's could be considered the main heroine, I guess that when we finally get to her part, it's going to be a drastic change.

Isn't the main heroine Nina? Then Felli? Those two are the main female heroines of Regios as far as I can see. Lilin looks like a key character.:p

Manji Midou
2009-02-14, 18:37

what other anime have where the real heroine has taken her time to appear and become a regular on the series?
l can't wait for her to make her grand entrance and overwhelm those wannabe heroines nina&felis. you can tell presence is going to be huge, just look how something so simple as a letter had most girls acting. till lilin get's to where layfon is, l consider mei the substitutable heroine. just look how awesome she was in this episode nina/felis can compete with her cute factor:heh:
eppy 6 so nina is starting to feel jealousy over the skill difference between her and layfon. she has no one to blame but herself..her actions is what has lead for layfon to fight...hopefully next ep she makes up with him. l saw no point in felis hiding the letter from him...

Westlo
2009-02-14, 18:53
Episode 23 - Just wait until Lilin shows up, it's going to be awesome.

Kinda I would like to see someone from Grendan comeing to Zueli ^^ that long-haired guy that fights with fists (from ep1) or the one with green hairs the masters of strings ;P

The long haired fist fighter would be a safe bet considering he's in the OP and ED.

ThoHell
2009-02-14, 19:03
Everyone knows that Fon-fon is strong, but they hardly have the slightest clue on how strong or how awesome he is, which makes it frustrating for us viewers who know. Fon-fon is too strong for these people, whoever has him on their team is at too great of an advantage and will appear to rely on him, it's have having both inspiration and demotion at the same time. Anyways, I trying to like this series, but sometimes the way the characters think and act is frustrating. I guess it's for the humor of the series, but it kind of clashes with my way of thinking. I'm just a person who desires more realistic thinking I guess. Ep. 07 looks good, can't wait for it.

The training they're doing is suppose to be hard, but it's like walking through the park for Fon-fon. Their training at the school is somewhat realistic, but what Fon-fon does isn't. I wonder what they would imagine or would think if they saw the way he was trained? It's like a person vs. a god.

Oh, does that long white haired fist fighter from ep. 01 looks a lot like that guy with the short hair that appeared when Fon-fon made his appearance at the school for the first time?

Manji Midou
2009-02-14, 19:08
Episode 23 - Just wait until Lilin shows up, it's going to be awesome.

that would be awesome...
end of episode 22...
layfon: felis l think l might have...
felis: *blushing* have what layfon...?
*enter ed song*
opening of episode 23
layfon: feelings for...
*enters lilin*
layfon: ah lilin!!!
layfon:......ah will you excuse me felis... my lilin is here, how about you go stand in that corner over there or something.
awesome.......

:heh:

zalem
2009-02-14, 19:41
Mei, awesome? Hardly. Cute alone doesn't win with me. It's all about the attitude and personality and hers certainly doesn't do anything for me...well, no point in getting into this again. But then no one was particularly awesome this episode. Nothing really special here. Hopefully things will be more interesting next episode.

meh
2009-02-14, 20:40
Good episode. Nice change of pace from the serious episode 5.

I think this episode is better than any of previous ones in term of the pace of the story, it doesnt feel rushed like eps 5, I hope they ll keep the pace like this.

and too bad Reifon didnt read Leerin's letter, her role seems getting smaller and smaller...

She's going to play a big part fairly soon. The reason she hasn't gotten much screen time until now, I assume, is because they don't want to keep cutting to the Grenadon storyline and prefer to keep everything in Zuelini for now.

Everyone knows that Fon-fon is strong, but they hardly have the slightest clue on how strong or how awesome he is, which makes it frustrating for us viewers who know. Fon-fon is too strong for these people, whoever has him on their team is at too great of an advantage and will appear to rely on him, it's have having both inspiration and demotion at the same time. Anyways, I trying to like this series, but sometimes the way the characters think and act is frustrating. I guess it's for the humor of the series, but it kind of clashes with my my thinking. I'm just a person who desires more realistic think I guess. Ep. 07 looks good, can't wait for it.

The training they're doing is suppose to be hard, but it's like walking through the park for Fon-fon. Their training at the school is somewhat realistic, but what Fon-fon does isn't. I wonder what they imagine or would think if they saw the way he was trained? It's like a person vs. a god.

Oh, does that long white haired fist fighter from ep. 01 looks a lot like that guy with the short hair that appeared when Fon-fon made his appearance at the school for the first time?

I can understand your frustration due to the method in which this anime choose to tell the story. But trust me this will not continue to be the case. In fact, if you watch the fighters in the OP, you'll notice that you probably haven't seen most of them sine ep 1.

Also remember that there are filth monsters around.

TrueKnight
2009-02-14, 20:55
So in summary, episode 6 advances through the plot, and involves lots of talk. So for full enjoyment, I guess I have no choice but to wait on the subs and restrain myself not to download the raw. DAMN.

Bonta Kun
2009-02-14, 21:41
So in summary, episode 6 advances through the plot, and involves lots of talk. So for full enjoyment, I guess I have no choice but to wait on the subs and restrain myself not to download the raw. DAMN.

yea thats how it should be but for me I went and took a peek at the raw...and now I'm left with a great desire to know what was said during the Fon-Fen sceneary:D

no matter how you look at them they do look like a couple(raises mad-mob-repellent force shield:p)

margafred
2009-02-15, 04:44
For the start,the correct spelling for Lilin is Leerin Marfes,as shown in the ED Leerin version.

Also i'm surprised no one give any comment about the engrish part of the episode today :heh:

Almost no action at all?How many ppl actually got bored with this episode anyway?I'm sure if every episode is filled with nothing but action and battle,it would be damn boring for me.

I was actually grateful coz despite of the episode didn't show any action and battle,at least they didn't miss Felli in this episode.I learned one moe truth about Felli from this episode - she don't know how to cook :love: OMG how many moe loli characters out there that have "bad in cooking" as one of its moe attribute? :heh: It really cracks me up seeing Felli trying to hold herself from doing the moe kick upon seeing the knife on Layfon's hand.I kept repeat that scene again and again and i seriously love that scene.

She so godly moe in this episode..her appearance in this episode to me covered up the lackness of battle and fighting,and i didn't feel bored watching this episode again and again.And i felt like i could keep watching this series even without any battle and fights,as long as there is Felli on it :love:

Ops..sorry for my biased opinion there... :heh:

Meishen was not bad too...watching her reaction when Felli met her outside the training dorm really made me laugh.Just a single letter made the whole episode full of fun and laughter.And seeing the reaction from Meishen and Felli upon knowing the name of the sender,i guess its near confirmed that not only Meishen,but Felli also seems to have a feelings for Layfon.If only Nina show that same reaction too,it would be fun to see a harem race between the 3 of them :heh:

I must admit that when Felli hid the letter under her uniform,i had this bad thought of Layfon putting his hand inside Felli's uniform to get the letter back from her.Luckily i was wrong about it,although at the same time,i kinda feel down also by it :heh: Damn what was i thinking here.. :uhoh:

I love this episode...although not as much as episode 4,but still i like it.Overall i gave it 8.5/10..

yea thats how it should be but for me I went and took a peek at the raw...and now I'm left with a great desire to know what was said during the Fon-Fen sceneary:D
The scene when Layfon and Felli walked together on the stairs?Well nothing important,just that Layfon expressed his worries about Nina being so gloomy after they lose to other platoon in a mock battle...and Felli invited him to come to his house,saying that it was her brother that invited him to come to their house to discuss about something important.

Also the kitchen scene is a win....

Master Assassin
2009-02-15, 05:11
that would be awesome...
end of episode 22...
layfon: felis l think l might have...
felis: *blushing* have what layfon...?
*enter ed song*
opening of episode 23
layfon: feelings for...
*enters lilin*
layfon: ah lilin!!!
layfon:......ah will you excuse me felis... my lilin is here, how about you go stand in that corner over there or something.
awesome.......

:heh:

Results: Epic Facepalming of the World + Instant demotion of Fon-fon's "awesome" to "utterly retarded" + Felli goes yandere + FelliXFonfon shippers and Felli fans all over the world go berserk and puts up a multi-billion dollar bounty on his head.

By the way, since I depend on subs entirely, that means I haven't watched it yet. I'm here for spoilers (I seek spoilers, you see, for my own satisfaction and knowledge ;D)

Anyway, Regios is going to have 24-ish episodes? Really? I thought it's going to be only 12-ish after what I read in ANN on its article.

TrueKnight
2009-02-15, 05:22
it's going to be 24 episodes based on source from official blogs. You can find it in the generic discussion thread.

Solmiki
2009-02-15, 10:00
Episode 6 review is out :D
http://blog.seiha.org/2009/02/chrome-shelled-regios-06-dinner-with-the-family/

zibi88
2009-02-15, 10:24
I think that nina was thinking like "Layfon will win that fight for us so why to bother on doing anything...." while paw a shot on the flag and they lost.... Nina was just standing there doing nothing while Layfon took out 3enemys....... she could understand that she is dragging the squad down now.... like Layfon is WAY above anyone so he doesnt need much of a training while compared to him she is the weak one who needs training the most...

I hope she wont jump in the next episode into the fight to so called "help Layfon" in fighting.... normaly she would be only in the way out there (she couldnt beat a weak larva and will she go agains that....ehem those who watched preview know ^^"

anyway finaly I see that Layfon will have new toy cant wait for next episode ^^ since its getting more interesting from now on ^^

LuckyCat
2009-02-15, 11:53
It's all about the potato scene.

Deathkillz
2009-02-15, 12:20
If there is anyone who is useless and a waste of screentime it has to be Mei, or rather her character just screams of the annoying "dumb bitch" trait I have grown to hate. In fact it would be way better to have her confess to Layfon to be shot down and removed altogether :rolleyes:

But it seems like a new challanger is being overshadowed and may appear in the near future to stirr up some "shitz" :D
Whereas Mei was being annoyingly nosey/fangirly/flustered etc towards Layfon's latter, I prefer Felli's more silent approach. You don't necessarily need to go over the top to show emotion like what Mei is doing, in fact I feel that Felli is being more "deep" in that sense of being quiet in her own little way.

Oh and not to mention the extremely funny cooking scene and the consideration she showed when she held back from kicking Layfon who was holding a knife. Sulky face is moeeee :love:

Nina on the otherhand is being deeply screwed by an inferiority complex towards Layfon she is developing. This could become a problem if she becomes jealous of Layfon for being better than her causing her to do something to harm him in blind jealousy.

Hopefully she will snap out of it soon.

monir
2009-02-15, 19:30
Nina on the otherhand is being deeply screwed by an inferiority complex towards Layfon she is developing. This could become a problem if she becomes jealous of Layfon for being better than her causing her to do something to harm him in blind jealousy.

Hopefully she will snap out of it soon.
I hope she doesn't snap out of it. Her complex keeps her interested at having a baby with Layfon. :twitch: Don't ask, it makes sense to me. :heh: I'm going to go post in the romance thread now. :D

Kinku
2009-02-15, 21:00
did everyone see Fon Fon kill of the whole army of larva.... or only Nina and rest of squad 17. Im just curios cause now it seem people going to have to rely on Fon Fon all the time for Filth monster attacks now since they can seem to defend themselves.

monir
2009-02-15, 21:14
did everyone see Fon Fon kill of the whole army of larva.... or only Nina and rest of squad 17. Im just curios cause now it seem people going to have to rely on Fon Fon all the time for Filth monster attacks now since they can seem to defend themselves.
I would think that even if noone else but Nina saw how Layfon took care of these larva, curious heads would still ponder how the imminent attack from these bugs was thwarted. I think it's safe to assume that Layfon is already rumored as the stud who decimated an army of Filth monster ( another faceless enemy named *filth* :heh: ) even if there were so few eye witnesses.

jennkei
2009-02-15, 23:52
I believe Harley was talking to him about this -- about whether it was fine that people didn't know about his heroics. Seems only Nina and 17 know about it, the other students thought it was their combined efforts that'd beaten the bugs back. Least, that's what I gathered while I was watching/screenshotting (http://booksanime.today.com/2009/02/15/128/).

I thought this was a more relaxed episode, which is good since I'm not too good with watching action. XD There were also so many cute expressions in this ep! Czerny (sp?), Mei-Shen...Felli's foot gearing up to kick Layfon in those delectable boots, and Layfon holding the knife up -- priceless as well. XD

Redlar
2009-02-16, 06:23
Interesting episode, if slow. Felli was amazingly cute, as usual, but Mei and Nina had some pretty good moments too. I'm a bit worried about Nina though; her obsession with power and the platoon games is a bit worrying. It could cause a lot of trouble for her in the future.

Is it weird that I liked the Engrish part of this ep? I think it's starting to grow on me. :heh:

Eid
2009-02-16, 09:35
No subbed version out yet? :[
http://blog.seiha.org/images2/regios6/regios6_40.jpg - hehehe.

ipernorris
2009-02-16, 09:49
No subbed version out yet? :[
http://blog.seiha.org/images2/regios6/regios6_40.jpg - hehehe.
No we're waiting for you to sub it.

TrueKnight
2009-02-16, 10:03
Patience is virtue my friend. :) Fansubbers have lives too.

Jarppa
2009-02-16, 13:15
definetely best anime for this season and hmm couple last too!

Ep 6 was nice too, not much action tho, but plot went on atleast little bit :)

I havent read any spoilers, so those english talking guys are total mystery to me.

SageGaiGar
2009-02-16, 13:40
Hey impatient bastards the subs are out. ;)

thundrakkon
2009-02-16, 13:41
There were some more character development as well as plot progression this episode. Of course, that epic looking new sword looks really enticing as well.

The episode clearly shows that Felli has feelings for Layfon. If not, she would not have subconsciously hid the letter. Mei was very cute this episode as well. I guess she represents normalcy for Layfon.

What made me curious was the Zuellni spirit trying to open Layfon's letter. Does she have a crush on him as well?

Nina just seems like she needs to just work things through. She is feeling insufficient as the platoon captain, which could lead her to push herself beyond what she should. They did mention that she had potential in episode 2, so hopefully, she will become an elite one day without ruining herself.

About the inter-platoon match at the beginning of the episode... If it was that easy to just shoot at the flag, then there really isn't much of a point for the competition. They can just have snipers shoot at each other's flags. It just seems like they made it plot convenient to show Nina's agitation.

taelrak
2009-02-16, 13:48
Felli's boot v. FonFon's knife...

Felli: 5, FonFon: 1

zibi88
2009-02-16, 14:09
Nah Layfon defeated every enemy in the inner platoon match XD he wasted them and everyone is suprrised.... Nina feels that Layfon doesnt need any help and can fight alone way better than she is.... she was just standing and looking while Layfon alone defeated everyone (and he was hurt from previous fight with bugs... )

But man Nina is such indecisive like hell..... first she says to him that she will rely on his power.... and now that Layfon is wasteing every oponent she is angry and jelous over that point...... she should see it clear that she will never reach Layfons level....layfon was killing bugs at yung age 8 or 10 while she was running around after feiry's....

Even the score board shows the power difference (and Layfon is 1year younger than her) we could say Layfon is 20times stronger than Nina ^^ and he was not even useing his yellow kei or kei release tech's but running and cutting every robot without single fail and in instant kill ^^

Cant wait for next episode ^^ it looks really exiting :) and I dont know but I have a strange feeling that this "baby monster" will mature before Layfon's eyes (since in ep6 there was too many "mature" word and that is kinda bad omen)

So Layfon might end up fighting a new born mature form of that monster at that time... and heh Feli has funny hair in the preview... from looking at official page it might be coused by Layfon trying the new sword... some kind of wind blow I just goesing... other option is that she coulnt sleep and that is her bed-hair XD (well she could think all the night over the fact that her brother want to send layfon alone to fight that monster)

But it's kinda sad that Layfon saved the whole city from the bugs and people think its their work..... the bugs killed themself after seeing that the so called soldiers were running away from them with pants full of shit.... >_> well maybe its not so bad becouse they wont rely on Layfon that much like in the Grendan and so if he failed their exeptions he would end up in similar way again.... but anyway they are ungreatfull ^^

And I wonder about that case that bugs started to apear more and more close to zueli.... its similar to Grendan like Layfon mentioned that the city moved where the bugs could appear... maybe they feel Layfon presence and appear where Layfon is XD (since earlier he was in Grendan the bugs appeared there... and now he is in Zueli and bugs started to appear there XD )..........other option is that someone controls the bugs and uses them to destroy weak cities....like they have only 1mine and 1lost battle means death of the city so the bugs waste the city before hand ^^

CybEssen
2009-02-16, 14:18
Anyone else annoyed that...

We didn't get any development of Lilin? WTF? The whole episode was just the letter switching hands like 7182378278 times. We never get to see what's inside the letter, not one of the girls asks Layfon about her even though they all probably want to know. SHE DOESN'T EVEN MAKE AN APPEARANCE. The only person that even gets close to asking was Felli. Even the ending scene is Lilin's duet with Layfon... wut? I guess they're saving it for next episode.. maybe?

Lilin used as a wrinkled piece of paper made of apparently very sturdy fibers.
Mei used for comedy. :uhoh:
Felli used for comedy. That boot must be made of some unidentified material. She obviously kept the letter in her bra (or lack of) as she walked around holding her chest like she was having a heart attack for half the episode. (Okay, maybe heart attack is a little much.) :twitch:
Nina used for :(
Layfon used for ulterior motives. (Yeah, when does this ever happen?):rolleyes:

I lol'd at the scoreboard.

I'm more interested in the engineer now, perhaps he will be able to craft a DITE to just below a Heavens' Blade by the end of the show, or maybe not.. Then again we need to see what his latest "invention" can do..

I hope Layfon uses more than a 5 second power up pillar of light slash to finish off future enemies in upcoming episodes... please?

maybe they feel Layfon presence and appear where Layfon is XD (since earlier he was in Grendan the bugs appeared there... and now he is in Zueli and bugs started to appear there XD )..........other option is that someone controls the bugs and uses them to destroy weak cities

Kind of leaning toward those myself.. It's a conspiracy!

Silaqui
2009-02-16, 15:17
maybe they feel Layfon presence and appear where Layfon is XD (since earlier he was in Grendan the bugs appeared there... and now he is in Zueli and bugs started to appear there XD )..........other option is that someone controls the bugs and uses them to destroy weak citiesKind of leaning toward those myself.. It's a conspiracy!

But without them appearing the show would kinda get boring, don't you think? So, until now I don't see any connection between Layfon and the filth monsters.

Clarste
2009-02-16, 16:22
Didn't they say that the city itself was moving towards the bugs, and not the bugs coming after the city? IE: the fairy in charge of Grendan hunts down bugs because it knows they can handle them and now Zuellni is starting to do the same. It's all the fairy's fault!

Eid
2009-02-16, 16:33
Yeah.. about the EP.. well.. I don't really know, nothing really interesting.. The "Shy" scenes are really...meh.. Tough I liked the EP, in general, it was kind of too short ;).

germanturkey
2009-02-16, 17:56
doh, i wanted to know what was in the letter... can someone clarify for me, if they ended up losing the match at the beginning of the ep? since it was their flag that was shot. i'm assuming they won because Layfon incapacitated everyone else, but the other commander's words confused me. maybe the subbers did a poor job translating there...

anyways, it seems like next ep Fon fon gets a huge honking sword which he'll have to use to save the city.. meh. typical plot line, but entertaining none the less.

SageGaiGar
2009-02-16, 18:04
The other leader was implying they were relying too much on Fon-fon to kill steal everything. Hell he's a one man platoon.

Clarste
2009-02-16, 18:21
The flag says 17 on it, so I assume they were defending. When defending, you win by either knocking out their commander or keeping the flag safe until time runs out. The enemy commander was fine, and the flag was damaged, so I'm pretty sure they lost.

The moral here was that rather than defending the flag as a team, they just sent Layfon out to go beat them all up, which he's perfectly capable of doing. However, that was a just a distraction by the enemy while they went after the flag. They were relying on his strength too much and lost because of it.

ipernorris
2009-02-16, 18:21
The other leader was implying they were relying too much on Fon-fon to kill steal everything. Hell he's a one man platoon.
No no he's a one-man-army, copyright of Mr Bushido from Gundam 00... :heh:

Elvanvitar
2009-02-16, 19:05
Didn't they say that the city itself was moving towards the bugs, and not the bugs coming after the city? IE: the fairy in charge of Grendan hunts down bugs because it knows they can handle them and now Zuellni is starting to do the same. It's all the fairy's fault!

I agree with this. The SCP said it was 500KM in the direction the city was moving. This tells me why they haven't fought monsters before. They have drones scanning the area and the city moves where the monsters aren't. Them landing on one in the previous episode was just a fluke. But for some reason the city is moving towards this one. It's obviously has something to do with Layfon being there.

"Coming after me wasn't your best decision!"

love it. lol

TrueKnight
2009-02-16, 19:55
Call me crazy but I like this ep more than ep 5, lets see:

- a letter was sent from one's Fon-fon's harem in Grendan;
- Mei's jealousy and curiosity over the letter;
- Fon-fon owning a whole platoon once again;
- Felli's jealousy and curiosity over the letter;
- Sharnid's gun-fu style;
- Felli's failed attempt at cooking and trying hard to find out if Fon-fon had a girlfriend? lol.
- Zuellni had a frickin combat drone, lol @ how an academic city manage to produce some military gimmick which purpose is recon? made sense with the Filth monster situation I guess;
- The president is acting all CIA against us and saying Layfon is their possibly best agent agent, soldier and field operatives for the Filth monsters, Layfon accept the offer.
- LOL @ scoreboard, overpowered Layfon strikes again;
- Layfon and Narki developement, the way he established and yet add another collection in his harem is getting ridiculous;
- Nina emo-ing over her pathetic combat prowess compared with Fon-fon, but finally gets over it with the help of Zuellni?
- Next week, Layfon kicking major ass against the Filth monster Woot!

DragoZERO
2009-02-16, 22:17
Less harem, more action and plot.

But funny episode with Felli.

<3 Mei.

gonzo562
2009-02-16, 22:17

- Felli's failed attempt at cooking and trying hard to find out if Fon-fon had a girlfriend? lol.
- Zuellni had a frickin combat drone, lol @ how an academic city manage to produce some military gimmick which purpose is recon? made sense with the Filth monster situation I guess;
- The president is acting all CIA against us and saying Layfon is their possibly best agent agent, soldier and field operatives for the Filth monsters, Layfon accept the offer.
- Layfon and Narki developement, the way he established and yet add another collection in his harem is getting ridiculous;
- Nina emo-ing over her pathetic combat prowess compared with Fon-fon, but finally gets over it with the help of Zuellni?

good summary. I hope for some good action next episode and i hope its not short

blitz1/2
2009-02-16, 23:53

The score for Layfon is OVER NINE THOUSSSANNNND!!! (more like over one mill-yun, What?! no way! Refer to DBZ Frieza form 2)

Voitan
2009-02-17, 00:28
But without them appearing the show would kinda get boring, don't you think? So, until now I don't see any connection between Layfon and the filth monsters.

I could totally dig "Chrome Shelled Harem Highschool Hijinks".

TrueKnight
2009-02-17, 00:50
Okay. Now on to the serious side.

From ep 1 till 6 we see Kalian trying to persuade Layfon (forcefully) in order to join their military. It could be argued that he's successful as Layfon is drafted in the Military section, but with mix if not dissapointing result, that is Layfon was still half-heartedly doing his job and more concentrated in normal life (cleaning).

At ep 5 he's finally realized that with his power he's bound to protect whats around him whether he liked it or not. Ep 6 finally proved that Layfon accepted Kalian's offer to be an undercover Superman in order to kill the bugs to protect Zuellni,

Hence in that retrorespect, Kallian's already achieved his goal albeit not easy with Layfon's finally working in order to protect Zuellni. Hence in the defensive.

That being said, I don't trust Kalian. Now he's still at the pretext for protecting Zuellni so Layfon doesn't mind as long its for that goal.

But again the man (Kalian) is basically a patriot, and will do anything for the benefit of Zuellni. Here's what my speculation on what he's planning to do with Layfon's 'aid'.

- Zuellni was once a rich city with many mines, but currently only had one mine left and in the verge of bankruptcy. Kalian will try to use Layfon in order to compete with other academy city, to win over the mines, and again with the pretext of protecting Zuellni, but in truth will be actually on the offensive and goes into pre-emptive.
- After Zuellni has acquired many mines as the result from Layfon's effort, Kalian will try to establish a relation with Grendan using the newly acquired mines and Layfon as a bargaining tool in order from a strategic military alliance.

Yeah politic sucks. But that's my take on the overall goal of the current Zuellni's administration. Which unfortunately is corrupt (as seen with the police officials in episode 6).

Tjaard
2009-02-17, 04:38
Good epi, mei always moe and the cooking scene is really funny.
Probably Nina is already jealous of Layfon and i want see which is her next move xDD

kenecix
2009-02-17, 04:46
get layfon to teach her? :x

NoOneKnowS
2009-02-17, 05:57
get layfon to teach her? :x

Nah, she has too much pride for that. (though I'm a nina fan lol) Now I'm curious over Lilin. I want to see her now. Just finished reading chptr 6 of the manga and god she was cute.

Master Assassin
2009-02-17, 09:22
Finally! Ep 6 is in hand.

Notes.

- All of a sudden, Mei looks cute to me. Finally, I can like her much better.
- Even Felli is having second thoughts about passing the letter to Layfon... yes Felli, do just that and you just made me confirm what I want to confirm :D
- A Felli that's no good in cooking is fine too... >///>
- ... Even Zuellni!? Now that's a real loli + jailbait! Man Layfon just how big is your harem... just kidding. Well even Nina hesitated to give the letter... maybe her jealousy towards Layfon's strength can be excused...
- ... Narki, don't tell me you also plan to join the flay...

That pretty much sums up my thoughts on this episode.

DragoZERO
2009-02-17, 10:51
Oh.. does Zuellni navigate on her own? It sounded like they have no control over where the city goes.

TrueKnight
2009-02-17, 12:04
Been wondering about that. Academic cities have been fighting over mines all this time. I'm guessing cities like Zuellni move around close at the mine of its possesion, but would flee the moments filth monsters are closing.

Sinestra
2009-02-17, 12:23
I must admit that Felli's attempts at cooking were awfully cute and so were her mannerisms. I also loved how she couldn't kick Fon Fon while he was cooking because he had a knife LOL. Her exasperated face afterwards was very humorous.

Decent episode with some info revealed but not very much still a good episode to watch.

TrueKnight
2009-02-17, 12:34
Dude, the cute thing was also why she wanted to kick Fon-fon in the first place, it's simply because Layfon learns and likes to cook with another girl lol. Her silent yet deadly jealousy is cute.

Kinku
2009-02-17, 13:04
This been bothering me... the VA for Karyan Loss ( student prez) sounds so familer....

ahh finally found it ......his like been cast into most of the anime i love... Hellsing, gundam seed, macross 7, and many more no wonder he sound so familer to me. Takehito Koyasu is his name

aohige
2009-02-17, 14:05
Dude, Koyasu is one of the most easily recognized voice in the entire Industry, next to Wakamoto and Kamiya. :heh:

You have much (anime) training to do, if you have to even question that. :)

Kinku
2009-02-17, 14:10
lol i been watching anime for awhile but i never keep track with VA of the anime i watch until for some reason i was really curious about this one after rewatching regios eps i have like 20 times...when i finally clue in thinking wow his voice sounds soo familer

Sinestra
2009-02-17, 15:07
Dude, the cute thing was also why she wanted to kick Fon-fon in the first place, it's simply because Layfon learns and likes to cook with another girl lol. Her silent yet deadly jealousy is cute.

Thats so true i love the face's she makes when shes either jealous or angry both of them are absurdly cute almost to the point of being illegal lol. Sometimes i dont weather to be afraid of her or just cuddle and hug her to tiny little pieces.

zibi88
2009-02-17, 16:22
but man it kinda sucks that everyone wants to exploit Layfon.... fighting monsters, squad treining,clean the machine room, now police work, so next will be helping mei in cooking or write/gather materials for newspapaer for mei's and nanakis friend.....

If that goes further then Layfon will be tired all the time.... and so Leerin should come and ease him a little the hardships.... (or add war over Layfon XD so we will add who will go on a date with Layfon XD)

Anyway in those pre-storys it kinda looked that the monsters (dogs) were controled by someone to attack that car..... so maybe there is something that controls the bugs (like in Zueli they tryed to make that guardian monster to fight the bugs outside but it runed wild [they lost control over it] )

Like I mentioned maybe the person on the lead destroys the cities that are usless and weakest at current time.....Zueli is close to death becouse of 1mine to keep the city alive........ the strange thing is that afer Layfon appeared at Zueli the bugs started to attack....

It kinda looks like Layfon was putted under a test :P to make him understand that he has to fight not for money but in order to protect the weak ones.... :P maybe Layfons kei is very unique and it acts like a bug bait ^^

DragoonKain3
2009-02-17, 16:28
All that fuss about the letter and we don't even get to read what it said? Man, I feel like I've been robbed... damn MacGuffins... >_>

Kinku
2009-02-17, 16:32
but man it kinda sucks that everyone wants to exploit Layfon.... fighting monsters, squad treining,clean the machine room, now police work, so next will be helping mei in cooking or write/gather materials for newspapaer for mei's and nanakis friend.....

If that goes further then Layfon will be tired all the time.... and so Leerin should come and ease him a little the hardships.... (or add war over Layfon XD so we will add who will go on a date with Layfon XD)

Anyway in those pre-storys it kinda looked that the monsters (dogs) were controled by someone to attack that car..... so maybe there is something that controls the bugs (like in Zueli they tryed to make that guardian monster to fight the bugs outside but it runed wild [they lost control over it] )

Like I mentioned maybe the person on the lead destroys the cities that are usless and weakest at current time.....Zueli is close to death becouse of 1mine to keep the city alive........ the strange thing is that afer Layfon appeared at Zueli the bugs started to attack....

It kinda looks like Layfon was putted under a test :P to make him understand that he has to fight not for money but in order to protect the weak ones.... :P maybe Layfons kei is very unique and it acts like a bug bait ^^

I was thinking the student prez had something to do with it.... forcing Layfon to defend the city one way or another. Cause it seems like Filth monster attacking thier city isnt normal

Archmagination2002
2009-02-17, 17:09
I was thinking the student prez had something to do with it.... forcing Layfon to defend the city one way or another. Cause it seems like Filth monster attacking thier city isnt normal

I believe the President said that Zuellni isn't avoiding the monsters like it used to, but is instead heading straight for them.. almost exactly like Grendan does. He is just taking advantage of Layfon so the city could survive.

The trigger for this monster seeking behavior could be Nina and Layfon. Nina because she talks to the electric fairy Zuellni about wanting to become strong and influencing Zuellni into trying to find monsters to improve Nina's strength through real combat. Layfon may have been the final piece needed for Zuellni.. with his strength the city could have decided that it could now seek out battles with the monsters.

Or it could all just be a coincidence.. though to me it feels like all these little incidents that are happening to Zuellni and Layfon are all leading to a big incident.

DragoZERO
2009-02-17, 17:29
I believe the President said that Zuellni isn't avoiding the monsters like it used to, but is instead heading straight for them.. almost exactly like Grendan does. He is just taking advantage of Layfon so the city could survive.

The trigger for this monster seeking behavior could be Nina and Layfon. Nina because she talks to the electric fairy Zuellni about wanting to become strong and influencing Zuellni into trying to find monsters to improve Nina's strength through real combat. Layfon may have been the final piece needed for Zuellni.. with his strength the city could have decided that it could now seek out battles with the monsters.

Or it could all just be a coincidence.. though to me it feels like all these little incidents that are happening to Zuellni and Layfon are all leading to a big incident.
That does make sense.. but for it all to be because of mostly Nina is a little stupid. It be much better if there was more to it. A conspiracy would be nice, lol.

Kinku
2009-02-17, 17:39
so they are not avoiding filth monster anymore ..... is he doing it to make everyone better in fighting in combat

CybEssen
2009-02-17, 18:26

I agree.

Could go both ways, coincidence or intentional, since I can't shrug off that "scheming bastard" face that the student council president always makes when he looks out a window or has his back to Layfon.

That little meeting that Felli "accidently" notices out her window in episode 1 with the two that were fighting outside the school (When we first see Layfon turn on the hax.) makes me lean toward conspiracy a little more... :uhoh: and then the cop brigade chief..

I think the next filth monster was shown a couple episodes earlier, but I can't remember which one it was, near the ending of said episode. It's kind of convenient that all these things happen at just the right time, oh wait, I forgot this is anime...

DragoZERO
2009-02-17, 18:36
What I really hope is they don't do what they did when they opened this episode or when Layfon went to kill the mother monster last episode - not show the action. That would really sucks, lol.

-Sho-
2009-02-17, 19:46
Just watch this episode :

Felli was cute in the kitchen . It was hilarious with the knife . She was a bit jealous ^^
So we didn't know yet what Lillin (or Lirin ... ) wrote in the letter ....
Nina seems she wants to be more stronger to protect the city and doesn't depend on Layfon .
I think the sniper guy was in the platoon where is the blond girl with the bald boy .
Layfon work now as a policeman , next a photographer ? :p

Next ep : Layfon will fight with the filth monster with his new suit and sword :)

TrueKnight
2009-02-17, 19:54
If Kallian or the current Zuellni's administration does intend to go straight up to Filth Monsters instead of avoiding it, just because they think having Layfon will now solve their problems, well I think they're taking a hell of a big risk.

He's broken, over powered, a former 12 Grendan's Heaven Blades and undoubtedly will be able to raise the already fallen Zuellni's reputation, but Layfon is just one man. Dependance into just one warrior to do all the works for them is a risk because what if that warrior somehow injured, sick or worse, fell during battle? Then there's virtually zero replacement, and Zuellni's heading straight to the hornet's nest already.

Grendan doesn't worry shit because they have more than 10 Heaven Blades in total and possibly many military artists and soldiers who are definitely far more competent than your average Zuellni's grunts.

-Sho-
2009-02-17, 20:49
Yeah if Layfon is sick , Zuellni will be in a great danger . Its why Nina want to be more stronger ... but there is the guy with red hair too , i think he'll protect Zuellni .

Kinku
2009-02-18, 00:33
Layfon should just wear a hero costume so he doesnt have to worry about people finding out his super badass

Voitan
2009-02-18, 01:44
If Kallian or the current Zuellni's administration does intend to go straight up to Filth Monsters instead of avoiding it, just because they think having Layfon will now solve their problems, well I think they're taking a hell of a big risk.

He's broken, over powered, a former 12 Grendan's Heaven Blades and undoubtedly will be able to raise the already fallen Zuellni's reputation, but Layfon is just one man. Dependance into just one warrior to do all the works for them is a risk because what if that warrior somehow injured, sick or worse, fell during battle? Then there's virtually zero replacement, and Zuellni's heading straight to the hornet's nest already.

Also he's just one man. If the bugs had spread their attack throughout the city, he wouldn't have been able to contain their intrusion, then damage and casualties would have racked up in episode 5.

Grendan has it right, Zuellni is dangerously risky.

ipernorris
2009-02-18, 02:45
I think the next filth monster was shown a couple episodes earlier, but I can't remember which one it was, near the ending of said episode. It's kind of convenient that all these things happen at just the right time, oh wait, I forgot this is anime...
Uhm I think the SCP isn't that bad of a person: at the beginnig I thought so too, but then I realized that he does what he does for the well being of Zuellini and not for himself. I started to think he isn't such a bad guy after he said he put Felli in the military arts because he can protect her better this way. He likes to make some schemes behind the scenes, that's true, but it's probably because he's well aware that Zuellini is on the verge of destruction and Layfon's strength is absolutely needed.

From the way the SCP worded it I think it's Zuellini herself that decides where to go indipendentely from the SC.

Slick_rick
2009-02-18, 02:54
Also he's just one man. If the bugs had spread their attack throughout the city, he wouldn't have been able to contain their intrusion, then damage and casualties would have racked up in episode 5.

Grendan has it right, Zuellni is dangerously risky.

I don't think they plan on Layfon single-handedly defeating the bugs. He's their ace in the hole but they also have others who are able to help out (baldy, blondy and all the rest of military arts students). These fights are most likely to build combat experience in the students. All the training in the world won't prepare you as well as actual real life combat. Nina had it right when she said in Ep5 that "If we don't fight now, we'll never fight". If they had ran from that battle and managed to get away somehow they'd be running forever. Some students died but the ones who survived are much better prepared for next time now that they have experience in a real battle.

And the bugs did spread out their attack in Ep5 we just saw from where Nina's team was fighting. Layfon defeated those bugs then went outside the dome to take care of the mother but certainly other teams did their parts to hold off the attack.

TrueKnight
2009-02-18, 03:41
Uhm I think the SCP isn't that bad of a person: at the beginnig I thought so too, but then I realized that he does what he does for the well being of Zuellini and not for himself. I started to think he isn't such a bad guy after he said he put Felli in the military arts because he can protect her better this way. He likes to make some schemes behind the scenes, that's true, but it's probably because he's well aware that Zuellini is on the verge of destruction and Layfon's strength is absolutely needed.

Yeah I agree. I stated earlier that the man's a patriot. Currently, I dont like him one bit, but I understand how he sees things from the big picture instead of individual opinions. He wants to bring Zuellni back to it's former glory, perhaps with training of its soldiers by searching bugs, and acquiring mines as many as possible through competition with other cities.

I don't think they plan on Layfon single-handedly defeating the bugs. He's their ace in the hole but they also have others who are able to help out (baldy, blondy and all the rest of military arts students). These fights are most likely to build combat experience in the students. All the training in the world won't prepare you as well as actual real life combat. Nina had it right when she said in Ep5 that "If we don't fight now, we'll never fight". If they had ran from that battle and managed to get away somehow they'd be running forever. Some students died but the ones who survived are much better prepared for next time now that they have experience in a real battle.

And the bugs did spread out their attack in Ep5 we just saw from where Nina's team was fighting. Layfon defeated those bugs then went outside the dome to take care of the mother but certainly other teams did their parts to hold off the attack.

Thing is, Layfon is the ace and reason for Zuellni's current ambition and developement.
Basically Zuellni is already in the verge of bankruptcy where it only has one mine left and as Kalian said, the city's students are basically leftovers from other academic cities which resulting in poor resources quality. Their squad loses in matches againts other cities and they suck on fighting the larvae bugs.

After the arrival of Layfon, Kalian and the administration then basically had the balls to start on the offensive, by searching the bugs and possibly engaging matches with other cities for possesion of the mines.

In short, Zuellni's current progression is because of Layfon's himself lol. -_-;

Slick_rick
2009-02-18, 04:01
Thing is, Layfon is the ace and reason for Zuellni's current ambition and developement.
Basically Zuellni is already in the verge of bankruptcy where it only has one mine left and as Kalian said, the city's students are basically leftovers from other academic cities which resulting in poor resources quality. Their squad loses in matches againts other cities and they suck on fighting the larvae bugs.

After the arrival of Layfon, Kalian and the administration then basically had the balls to start on the offensive, by searching the bugs and possibly engaging matches with other cities for possesion of the mines.

In short, Zuellni's current progression is because of Layfon's himself lol. -_-;

I don't disagree with you but as you point out Zuellni is already in dire straits so even without Layfon they'd eventually go on the offensive. They also seem to have some promising students i.e. Felli, Nina, and Baldy(probably) so it's not like there aren't able to fight back against the bugs. Layfon is their ace but that doesn't mean he does everything by himself or needs to.

ipernorris
2009-02-18, 04:20
I don't disagree with you but as you point out Zuellni is already in dire straits so even without Layfon they'd eventually go on the offensive. They also seem to have some promising students i.e. Felli, Nina, and Baldy(probably) so it's not like there aren't able to fight back against the bugs. Layfon is their ace but that doesn't mean he does everything by himself or needs to.
This is really true because Layfon can be as strong as someone's wish but he is still ONE PERSON so he can be in only ONE PLACE at a time!!!
If he defends the North of Zuellini while all of the other points fall it doesn't change very much... :heh:
Zuellini, and humans in Regios universe in general, may only hope the bugs don't have any other level than the matured one, like the Brain bugs in Starship troopers otherwise they would be done for.
If there are smart bugs around who can command multiple bugs (matured ones, child ones, baby ones and such) then virtually evrey regios is done for, Grendel included.
To take down (barely) a matured bug three heaven blades level warriors are needed: so if the hypotetical Brain bug send twelve matured bugs to Grendel then Layfon's reply to Lirin's letter would never arrive at destination because there wouldn't be any more destination to arrive at... :heh:
Taking down Zuellini is much easier of course: a matured bug (for Layfon) and plenty of baby bugs would be more than enough... :heh:

TrueKnight
2009-02-18, 05:58
I will try narrowing this discussion.

Now I think we have 2 (two) different perspectives here, on whether Zuellni will go on the offensive, with or without Layfon. Here’s my take on the overall situation, please prepare for a long post.

First we have these facts and problems concerning Zuellni:

1) They’re in the verge of bankruptcy with only having one mine left, which supposed to be the lifeline of chrome shelled academic cities like Zuellni.

2) Their combat or military personnel qualities are also not too good with losing previous matches resulting in lost possession of their previous mine.

3) The aftereffect of the above loss was a tarnished reputation, resulting only leftovers students applying for tutorship or citizenship at Zuellni, hence, the decline of qualified personnel and human resources.

4) They’ve been avoiding filth monsters like crazy because Zuellni’s an academic city, and currently located far from the filth monsters breeding ground, unlike Grendan’s which purpose is militaristic, and basically located near the filth monster’s nests.

Zuellni have the problems above, and probably had the intention to increase their qualities and reputations by killing bugs in order to train and improve their soldiers….or more like militias. But so far as the anime showed us they didn’t. Probably because the personnel qualities as mentioned earlier

Layfon arrives. The top Zuellni officials immediately knew that he’s a former Heaven Blade, hailed from Grendan, whose prowess are said second to none, drawing attention from the Kallian, the president himself. Kallian asked Layfon to join Zuellni’s cause, which Layfon’s politely declined.

As the story goes, the larvae/baby bugs attacked. Kallian assembled his military council and announced a national emergency and asked his soldiers to defend the city.

The battle for the defense of Zuellni commences, without Layfon’s involvement. The city’s soldiers fought bravely, and manage to hold the bugs off around 3 or 2 hours till evening or night time, considering it’s already noon when the fight started.

At this point, the soldiers are already exhausted and their efforts seems to bear no fruit; the bugs had already penetrated near the front gates, needless to say the soldiers were frightened and routed, leaving only 17 th platoon at the front line, which already also in the brinks of annihilation. Layfon arrives.

With his involvement, the army….or er..militia.. manage to turn around the situation 180 degrees, into a situation where the already losing army is actually winning, and where Layfon single-handedly massacred all the bugs in the front gates, and presumably doing the same until he reaches the city limits. Finally he kills the queen bug which was the source of the baby bugs.

Battle of Zuellni’s defense was a complete success, surprisingly with them manage to also kill off the queen bug. The official records are Zuellni’s victory credited through cooperative effort, only top officials like the president, 17th platoon and a handful of other squad actually knew that Layfon’s the one who brought them victory.

Now for the question.

Will Zuellni eventually go on to the offensive without Layfon’s involvement? I think not. Their military, soldier and manpower qualities are horrible and were easily routed even against a bunch of larvae bugs as I mentioned above. If they were to go offensive into a bug’s nests, they would simply be massacred and eaten alive.

So in order to improve Zuellni’s welfare, like it or not, Layfon is basically a crucial part for that particular purpose. He’s basically the answer for all Zuellni’s current problems and issues, of which the most important ones are getting the mines back by participating in city to city combat. His experience and prowess as Heaven Blade proves to indispensable to Zuellni in order to improve the overall qualities of their personnel by hunting bugs, without fear of losing. He’s basically an insurance to make sure nothing will go wrong.

My 2 cent on the matter.

Tjaard
2009-02-18, 06:02
For the Lirin's letter i think that the content is what she said at the end of the 1 epi and at the beginning of the 3 (or a general summary), maybe is this the reason that they don't show what is the content. Maybe xDD
For the others chara i think that the blonde girl and the short-gray-hair guy (gorneo?) have a major role over the baldy or the little red-hair girl, because you see them togheter the 17 platoon at the last moment of the OP. Well, these are only speculations lol

meh
2009-02-18, 06:44
This is really true because Layfon can be as strong as someone's wish but he is still ONE PERSON so he can be in only ONE PLACE at a time!!!
If he defends the North of Zuellini while all of the other points fall it doesn't change very much... :heh:
Zuellini, and humans in Regios universe in general, may only hope the bugs don't have any other level than the matured one, like the Brain bugs in Starship troopers otherwise they would be done for.
If there are smart bugs around who can command multiple bugs (matured ones, child ones, baby ones and such) then virtually evrey regios is done for, Grendel included.
To take down (barely) a matured bug three heaven blades level warriors are needed: so if the hypotetical Brain bug send twelve matured bugs to Grendel then Layfon's reply to Lirin's letter would never arrive at destination because there wouldn't be any more destination to arrive at... :heh:
Taking down Zuellini is much easier of course: a matured bug (for Layfon) and plenty of baby bugs would be more than enough... :heh:

Yeah, but you're overstating the number of bugs running around. Zuellini could survive for so long w/o someone of Layfon's caliber because they really don't run into bugs. Grenadon may meet a ton of bugs, and also has some of the most powerful badasses around to deal with them. But it's not the norm.

Slick_rick
2009-02-18, 07:23
The battle for the defense of Zuellni commences, without Layfon’s involvement. The city’s soldiers fought bravely, and manage to hold the bugs off around 3 or 2 hours till evening or night time, considering it’s already noon when the fight started.

At this point, the soldiers are already exhausted and their efforts seems to bear no fruit; the bugs had already penetrated near the front gates, needless to say the soldiers were frightened and routed, leaving only 17 th platoon at the front line, which already also in the brinks of annihilation. Layfon arrives.

Nina team were guarding the NW section with the 9th Platoon but it was far from the only platoons fighting against the bugs. Them retreating from their position certainly would be a big hit but the battle was far from over.

With his involvement, the army….or er..militia.. manage to turn around the situation 180 degrees, into a situation where the already losing army is actually winning, and where Layfon single-handedly massacred all the bugs in the front gates, and presumably doing the same until he reaches the city limits. Finally he kills the queen bug which was the source of the baby bugs.

Calm down on the Layfon worship. He did his part but he certainly didn't slaughter all the bugs just the ones at the NW entrance then he went outside the city right after to take care of the mother. Once the mother was dead it was just mop up work for the rest of the platoons.

Battle of Zuellni’s defense was a complete success, surprisingly with them manage to also kill off the queen bug. The official records are Zuellni’s victory credited through cooperative effort, only top officials like the president, 17th platoon and a handful of other squad actually knew that Layfon’s the one who brought them victory.

Layfon himself said that he have trouble taking the mother bug if she called the babies back so I'm pretty sure he's thankful for the platoons holding up the drones.

Now for the question.

Will Zuellni eventually go on to the offensive without Layfon’s involvement? I think not. Their military, soldier and manpower qualities are horrible and were easily routed even against a bunch of larvae bugs as I mentioned above. If they were to go offensive into a bug’s nests, they would simply be massacred and eaten alive.

Easily routed? Even you a couple paragraphs back commented on them holding out for a couple hours against these bugs. We have no basis to compare fighting these bug to fighting a nest. It probably will be harder but you can't draw a conclusion of them being massacred when they were far from massacred in this battle. Some of them got scared and ran but once they get more experience that shouldn't be a problem.

And they would have to go on the offensive even without Layfon if they're on the verge of bankruptcy. Even if they know that they're going to probably die they'd have to do something eventually.

So in order to improve Zuellni’s welfare, like it or not, Layfon is basically a crucial part for that particular purpose. He’s basically the answer for all Zuellni’s current problems and issues, of which the most important ones are getting the mines back by participating in city to city combat. His experience and prowess as Heaven Blade proves to indispensable to Zuellni in order to improve the overall qualities of their personnel by hunting bugs, without fear of losing. He’s basically an insurance to make sure nothing will go wrong.

My 2 cent on the matter.

Certainly Layfon is crucial. I never said otherwise but he isn't invincible. Having him doesn't mean they can all go take a nap while he solos all the bugs for them.

Master Assassin
2009-02-18, 07:32
... Just a guess on what I think Leerin's letter is about.

She says she's going to come over to see Layfon.

Then again, this is a pure guess, I might be wrong.

TrueKnight
2009-02-18, 07:48
Nina team were guarding the NW section with the 9th Platoon but it was far from the only platoons fighting against the bugs. Them retreating from their position certainly would be a big hit but the battle was far from over.

And will resulting the bugs into entering the city massacring the police squads and civilians alike. The miltary squads from all other directions will simply called and pulled into inside the city defending. The bugs from the directions where those squad withdrew would then enter from all directions and sooner or later all Zuellnis are going to be overwhelmed.

A systematic and strategic military defeat.

Calm down on the Layfon worship. He did his part but he certainly didn't slaughter all the bugs just the ones at the NW entrance then he went outside the city right after to take care of the mother. Once the mother was dead it was just mop up work for the rest of the platoons.

His statement, ‘I can slay as many babies I want’ and afterwards went through slaughtering the bugs like they are ants compared to the hardworks the other squads benn through proves his combat prowess as a Heaven Blade. It’s nothing like worship but a simple fact that he’s a ‘one man army’ within Zuellni’s power range. I agree about the other squad mopping the rest of the bugs though.

Layfon himself said that he have trouble taking the mother bug if she called the babies back so I'm pretty sure he's thankful for the platoons holding up the drones.

Please see my previous post. And plus, he did not ask for help, but rather asking for the rest of the squads to withdrew, meaning he has the situation under control. And it’s not ‘if the mother who called the babies for help’, but rather ‘if the babies had called the mother for help’. Which was why Layfon’s heading into the hornet’s nest directly.

Easily routed? Even you a couple paragraphs back commented on them holding out for a couple hours against these bugs. We have no basis to compare fighting these bug to fighting a nest. It probably will be harder but you can't draw a conclusion of them being massacred when they were far from massacred in this battle. Some of them got scared and ran but once they get more experience that shouldn't be a problem.

And they would have to go on the offensive even without Layfon if they're on the verge of bankruptcy. Even if they know that they're going to probably die they'd have to do something eventually

My mistake on the easily routed but they simply do not held their ground. For they’re eventually going how to be massacred please see my first post.

Certainly Layfon is crucial. I never said otherwise but he isn't invincible. Having him doesn't mean they can all go take a nap while he solos all the bugs for them.

As a matter a fact, he did capable on soloing them if he didn’t consider the collateral damages the bugs could cause from all directions from the city. This is where I agree the squads did their homework properly. But for the rest please see my first post.

TrueKnight
2009-02-18, 08:13
Apolgize. When I re-read the posts I couldn't believe I forgot to add Felli's 'radar factor'. Yeah she's credited for guiding the nuke reaching its position achieving victory. >.>

ipernorris
2009-02-18, 08:30
Yeah, but you're overstating the number of bugs running around. Zuellini could survive for so long w/o someone of Layfon's caliber because they really don't run into bugs. Grenadon may meet a ton of bugs, and also has some of the most powerful badasses around to deal with them. But it's not the norm.
Well one of the bugs strongest trait is their HUGE numbers: even if only a small percentage of the baby bugs surivive till the matured state they would still be a lot. Besides you are unerestimating the difference between an unorganized attack and an organized attack using military tactics and wise use of the bugs you have. The first kind of attack is dangerous and some lifes may be lost, but the second one is much ore deadly. For example if in episode 5 there was a Brain bug it would have sent some bugs as fodders to test the cities forces and then, after seeing Layfon presence, it would have sent a matured bug just for Layfon.

meh
2009-02-18, 10:41
Well one of the bugs strongest trait is their HUGE numbers: even if only a small percentage of the baby bugs surivive till the matured state they would still be a lot. Besides you are unerestimating the difference between an unorganized attack and an organized attack using military tactics and wise use of the bugs you have. The first kind of attack is dangerous and some lifes may be lost, but the second one is much ore deadly. For example if in episode 5 there was a Brain bug it would have sent some bugs as fodders to test the cities forces and then, after seeing Layfon presence, it would have sent a matured bug just for Layfon.

I didn't say that the bugs weren't powerful. I'm just saying that Regios generally avoid them. It's like saying that a pack of wolves can rip apart people easily. But that's why we don't live in forests.

ipernorris
2009-02-18, 12:03
I didn't say that the bugs weren't powerful. I'm just saying that Regios generally avoid them. It's like saying that a pack of wolves can rip apart people easily. But that's why we don't live in forests.
It seems you're missing my point: I didn't say the Regios like to fight against the bugs... I only said that if the bugs were sentient then they would LOOK FOR the Regios and launching organized assaults, which would be extremely more deadly than a rampage of a single bug. Layfon and the other two heaven blades defeated that matured bug only because they attacked it using teamwork and good strategy, otherwise they would have been killed.

Kinku
2009-02-18, 13:07
I was just curious Layfon home town Grendan , since they have all the uber warriors there.. do you think they get paid by other cities too go and fight like high lvl filth monster. I mean if they had all those Elite soliders no city could have beat them in a city battle and they would own all the mines, Unless other cities have elite soliders. Rather killing off other humans might as well kill off monster and get paid for it.

Reason i was thinking this because it would make sense if Layfon went out killed a Filth monster and take all the money for himself or something and not using for the sake of thier city. I notice how people are really loyal to thier city which they are living in ( like Nina for example). So something like fighting for the sake for yourself instead of your City would probably piss off few people.

Momosan
2009-02-18, 13:08
It seems you're missing my point: I didn't say the Regios like to fight against the bugs... I only said that if the bugs were sentient then they would LOOK FOR the Regios and launching organized assaults, which would be extremely more deadly than a rampage of a single bug. Layfon and the other two heaven blades defeated that matured bug only because they attacked it using teamwork and good strategy, otherwise they would have been killed.

What's the point? From what they've shown us so far in the Anime the bugs aren't specifically tracking down the regios in coordinated groups so your point is moot.

Anyways I thought Episode 6 was a little boring. I don't know why Layfon feels obligated to help people he's barely spent time with/talked to. I dunno what Nina's problem is. When Layfon feigns weakness she complains and when he carries her team she dismisses all practices and neglects her squad. That shy girl who cooks food is an abomination constructed to waste screen time. Needed more Felli/action to keep me entertained.

Kinku
2009-02-18, 13:15
i thought the bugs attack because the city step into thier nesting ground?

CybEssen
2009-02-18, 13:52
... Just a guess on what I think Leerin's letter is about.

She says she's going to come over to see Layfon.

Then again, this is a pure guess, I might be wrong.

:uhoh:

i thought the bugs attack because the city step into thier nesting ground?

That's what the SCP says, or what the episode shows the viewer, anyway.

I don't think they could have died during the mature bug fight in ep1, because they did have the rest of the heavens' blade waiting in the wings and whoever else there might have been, but I do see where you're coming from. Seeing how it's a pain apparently to replace a Heavens' Blade I doubt they would have stood around and watch all 3 of them die. Of course, we do have Layfon's take on the fight.

Anyways, always depending on the trump card leads to bad things, but perhaps they're just using what's available at the moment and will build around him, such as Nina getting stronger, the sniper guy will stop hesitating eventually (He's not entirely useless, just look at his training score on the scoreboard. Something is causing him to hesitate when an ally is near his target.), Felli will harness more of her power, etc.

Kinku
2009-02-18, 15:00
:uhoh:

That's what the SCP says, or what the episode shows the viewer, anyway.

I don't think they could have died during the mature bug fight in ep1, because they did have the rest of the heavens' blade waiting in the wings and whoever else there might have been, but I do see where you're coming from. Seeing how it's a pain apparently to replace a Heavens' Blade I doubt they would have stood around and watch all 3 of them die. Of course, we do have Layfon's take on the fight.

Anyways, always depending on the trump card leads to bad things, but perhaps they're just using what's available at the moment and will build around him, such as Nina getting stronger, the sniper guy will stop hesitating eventually (He's not entirely useless, just look at his training score on the scoreboard. Something is causing him to hesitate when an ally is near his target.), Felli will harness more of her power, etc.

Speaking about the sniper dude.. i dont think the range weapons very useful fighting the Filth monster. It seem there was no effect of the range weapons during that battle. Close combat so far seem the best way dealing with the bugs.

Slick_rick
2009-02-18, 15:21
And will resulting the bugs into entering the city massacring the police squads and civilians alike. The miltary squads from all other directions will simply called and pulled into inside the city defending. The bugs from the directions where those squad withdrew would then enter from all directions and sooner or later all Zuellnis are going to be overwhelmed.

A systematic and strategic military defeat.

Well the police squads can fight back too they are another line of defense for the civilians. Also the civilians were evacuated to shelters which I'm sure have its own defense and protection. The military can also reform a line in the city to try to put to stop the bugs there. It was far from a defeat. You have no idea what you're talking about.

Please see my previous post. And plus, he did not ask for help, but rather asking for the rest of the squads to withdrew, meaning he has the situation under control. And it’s not ‘if the mother who called the babies for help’, but rather ‘if the babies had called the mother for help’. Which was why Layfon’s heading into the hornet’s nest directly.

Well my subs of that are "if the mother called the babies for help". Either way it goes to show that he's far from invincible as I can imagine both the mother and babies calling for help if needed so I sure he's thankful for the other platoons are keeping the babies busy while he kills the mother. And the only people he asked to withdraw were Nina and Sharnid. Nina was already injured and the rest of the platoon had already retreated so they weren't going to be too helpful.

My mistake on the easily routed but they simply do not held their ground. For they’re eventually going how to be massacred please see my first post.

Your opinion you're trying to pass of as a fact.

ipernorris
2009-02-18, 15:45
What's the point? From what they've shown us so far in the Anime the bugs aren't specifically tracking down the regios in coordinated groups so your point is moot.

In fact I wrote IF there would be intelligent bugs... do you know the difference between a statement and a hypotesis made for speculation? :rolleyes:
Anyway it isn't proved anything: the Brain bugs could indeed exist in Regios, nothing proves the contrary.

CybEssen
2009-02-18, 16:52
Speaking about the sniper dude.. i dont think the range weapons very useful fighting the Filth monster. It seem there was no effect of the range weapons during that battle. Close combat so far seem the best way dealing with the bugs.

It goes both ways, the small snip of combat we saw with the students against the bugs... they were not effective because most of them weren't trained enough or just enrolled. Both machine gun/sniper rifle users were ineffective because they didn't channel their kei into the weapon/bullet. This is the same for swords, Nina didn't channel any kei into her dual wield so it just bounced off when she tried to slice it in half.

If you look at the OP there is at least 1 user (Heavens' Blade?) that uses a ranged weapon (pistol). It might just be normal attack vs. kei-enhanced.

When Layfon appears you can clearly see the kei that he is channeling as his dite glows and his pewpew spider web is probably made using kei.

Though the difference between being unable to do it (a good portion of the students) and being able to (Nina, Platoon leaders) didn't seem to matter, as the whole scene was rigged to show the vitality of newborn bugs, or to further reinforce that Nina was in over her head.

They're probably saving the long action scenes for when a big baddy shows up or something, as the ones we have currently seen are probably child's play compared to the more mature ones excluding the opening scene in the first episode of course.

Hopefully next episode they show that Layfon isn't an IWINBUTTON and make him falter or something. (Probably not.)

Archmagination2002
2009-02-18, 17:17
Episode 7 preview's name gives a hint. Adaman Dite Restoration... Adaman is a name, Dite is the generic name of the kei weapons they use and restoration is using kei powers.

So I think that its Layfon's new weapon.. I wonder just how powerful it is, especially since the episode is named after it.

aohige
2009-02-18, 17:40
If you look at the OP there is at least 1 user (Heavens' Blade?) that uses a ranged weapon (pistol). It might just be normal attack vs. kei-enhanced.

Actually two.
One is a Heaven's Blade girl that looks like I-no from GGXX using handgun.
The other is the queen shooting OMGWTFPWNCANNON beam, blastering a matured bug into smithereens. :heh:

TrueKnight
2009-02-18, 19:12
Well the police squads can fight back too they are another line of defense for the civilians. Also the civilians were evacuated to shelters which I'm sure have its own defense and protection.

In ep 6 near the end, Narki mentioned that a platoon member is basically an elite member of the military. Seeing how even the elite got overwhelmed by unending horde of bugs I pretty much doubt on how the police squads would stands up against them.

The military can also reform a line in the city to try to put to stop the bugs there. It was far from a defeat. You have no idea what you're talking about.

And simply geting overwhelmed again but this time instead of retreated they would get eaten? If the city fell then bugs would simply flank the remaining squads from all direction. The battle was over the moment the squads withdrew from the front gates.

It would cause a systematic and strategic defeat as I posted earlier.

Either way it goes to show that he's far from invincible

From a Zuellni point of view, yes he's godly. He's above beyond their league. Ep 5 and 6 (score boards) pretty much sums it up.

Nina was already injured and the rest of the platoon had already retreated so they weren't going to be too helpful.

The squads retreated as you said so we're on an agreement that they don't appear to be helpful? Guess what, when the platoon retreated all hope was all lost. Layfon arrived and turn the tide of battle 180 degrees. :)

Your opinion you're trying to pass of as a fact.

Which was why I apologize in the first place? But my argument still stands where they do not simply held their ground and basically let the bug made their way into the city. Hence, I refer them as 'militia'.

Slick_rick
2009-02-18, 19:36
In ep 6 near the end, Narki mentioned that a platoon member is basically an elite member of the military. Seeing how even the elite got overwhelmed by unending horde of bugs I pretty much doubt on how the police squads would stands up against them.

The platoon were able to hold them off for hours so the police should be able to hold them off till they get support.

And simply geting overwhelmed again but this time instead of retreated they would get eaten? If the city fell then bugs would simply flank the remaining squads from all direction. The battle was over the moment the squads withdrew from the front gates.

It would cause a systematic and strategic defeat as I posted earlier.

No way. An competent commander would not allow his forces to get flanked. First as we see when Layfon goes to talk to Harley at a commander center like area that they have reserves. The reserves can be sent out to try to deal with the break in the line. Not only that the commander would have to pull back all his troops to reform a new line. They keep doing this until the battle was over or they made their last stand when they get surrounded but like I said it was far from defeat.

The squads retreated as you said so we're on an agreement that they don't appear to be helpful? Guess what, when the platoon retreated all hope was all lost. Layfon arrived and turn the tide of battle 180 degrees. :)

You give up too easily... Layfon certainly won the battle for them but they were far from down and out.

Skyfall
2009-02-18, 19:47
^ They were pretty far from getting anywhere but six feet under though. Sooner or later, they would have gotten overwhelmed ... and from the looks of it, sooner rather than later. We didn't get to see any single bug killed by the military arts students. Closest to what we got was Nina injuring an eye of one ... which doesn't increase my confidence in their capabilities of survival, never mind an actual victory, at all. Had Layfon not been there, the city would have been toast. The episode pretty much established that - that the regular military students of this city are not anywhere near enough to be handling any form of bug attack. If this episode was any indicator, Layfon (and to some degree Felli, as he needs to know where to strike) are their only lifeline in such a situation. Never mind if they actually encounter something more serious than newborn bug larva pack.

I am not exactly liking what they are establishing here, but they are portraying Layfon as a god among mortals ... as far as the military capacity of this specific city is concerned anyway. The military arts students may or may not provide a few minutes worth of distraction against larva , potentially giving Layfon and Felli a bit of time to locate and deal with the mother, but anything even remotely resembling a fighting chance on their own ? No, the military arts students are not portrayed to be capable of that. (And chances are, given their performance here, they would completely useless against anything more serious than this).

TrueKnight
2009-02-18, 19:48
The platoon were able to hold them off for hours so the police should be able to hold them off till they get support.

Support from where?

The front lines? If the squads were called in then it would give the bugs advantages to strike and go through from the direction from where the squad withdrew.

Civillians? you can't be serious.

City police? See my previous post.

Zuellni ran out of option at this point.

No way. An competent commander would not allow his forces to get flanked. First as we see when Layfon goes to talk to Harley at a commander center like area that they have reserves. The reserves can be sent out to try to deal with the break in the line. Not only that the commander would have to pull back all his troops to reform a new line. They keep doing this until the battle was over or they made their last stand when they get surrounded but like I said it was far from defeat.

Where does Harley specifically stated that they have reserves? Heck, we're been assuming with 'what ifs' the moment you said that the military and police squads alike would simply able to held their ground even after they enter the city, when the episode blatantly showed otherwise.

You give up too easily... Layfon certainly won the battle for them but they were far from down and out.

Again, it's already over when the bugs manage to penetrate to the front gates (NW as you said earlier) and the squads retreated leaving only 17th platoon. Layfon and Felli (added) are their sole reason for victory.

Slick_rick
2009-02-18, 20:07
^ They were pretty far from getting anywhere but six feet under though. Sooner or later, they would have gotten overwhelmed ... and from the looks of it, sooner rather than later. We didn't get to see any single bug killed by the military arts students. Closest to what we got was Nina injuring an eye of one ... which doesn't increase my confidence in their capabilities of survival, never mind an actual victory, at all. Had Layfon not been there, the city would have been toast. The episode pretty much established that - that the regular military students of this city are not anywhere near enough to be handling any form of bug attack. If this episode was any indicator, Layfon (and to some degree Felli, as he needs to know where to strike) are their only lifeline in such a situation. Never mind if they actually encounter something more serious than newborn bug larva pack.

You might be right but we have no knowledge of how the other lines were holding up. Also we don't know if the students were truly overwhelmed or just got scared because they were inexperienced in battle. They seemed to be a decent amount of them still alive when they retreated. Lines break in battle all the time. It's bad but far from complete defeat.

Also Nina is very good but so far she's still below average compared to others captains. 17th Platoon is one of the weakest remember (Felli not trying, not even showing up) without Layfon. They certainly need Layfon strength in the coming battles but that doesn't mean they can depend on him alone.

I'm not trying to say Layfon isn't needed but they can't depend on only him. They need to improve themselves too like Nina is trying to do.

Where does Harley specifically stated that they have reserves? Heck, we're been assuming with 'what ifs' the moment you said that the military and police squads alike would simply able to held their ground even after they enter the city, when the episode blatantly showed otherwise.

The students standing in the background in uniforms is a great clue that they have reserves. Also no army fights without having reserves like that in case a line breaks. It just doesn't happen. I didn't see any police squads fighting bugs so I don't know how you can say it was blatantly showed otherwise.

TrueKnight
2009-02-18, 21:03
Also no army fights without having reserves like that in case a line breaks. It just doesn't happen. I didn't see any police squads fighting bugs so I don't know how you can say it was blatantly showed otherwise.

It was blatantly showed in episode 6 that the city's military is overrun by bugs. They don't have the capability to fight back anymore when the squad retreated and the bugs were already at their front gates. At this point, it's just a matter of before the bugs storms in and went on the massacre.

Let's say that they 'reserve' as you speak. Would they be more efficient than regulars that already retreated and low on morale? I think not.

The city as we see it at the defense of Zeullni, would simply die out without the involvement of Layfon and (again) Felli.

Kinku
2009-02-18, 21:19
It goes both ways, the small snip of combat we saw with the students against the bugs... they were not effective because most of them weren't trained enough or just enrolled. Both machine gun/sniper rifle users were ineffective because they didn't channel their kei into the weapon/bullet. This is the same for swords, Nina didn't channel any kei into her dual wield so it just bounced off when she tried to slice it in half.

When Layfon appears you can clearly see the kei that he is channeling as his dite glows and his pewpew spider web is probably made using kei.

Though the difference between being unable to do it (a good portion of the students) and being able to (Nina, Platoon leaders) didn't seem to matter, as the whole scene was rigged to show the vitality of newborn bugs, or to further reinforce that Nina was in over her head.

They're probably saving the long action scenes for when a big baddy shows up or something, as the ones we have currently seen are probably child's play compared to the more mature ones excluding the opening scene in the first episode of course.

Hopefully next episode they show that Layfon isn't an IWINBUTTON and make him falter or something. (Probably not.)

yea i should had said the grunts long range weapons are useless.. i figure they use kei for the swords etc... didnt think they use it for thier guns.

I like to mention if the military arte students couldnt hold back the bugs there no way the city police could since Military arte students are stronger than the police

Slick_rick
2009-02-18, 21:26
It was blatantly showed in episode 6 that the city's military is overrun by bugs. They don't have the capability to fight back anymore when the squad retreated and the bugs were already at their front gates. At this point, it's just a matter of before the bugs storms in and went on the massacre.

Let's say that they 'reserve' as you speak. Would they be more efficient than regulars that already retreated and low on morale? I think not.

The city as we see it at the defense of Zeullni, would simply die out without the involvement of Layfon and (again) Felli.

We don't know how the reserves would have done because we never got to see them. And what are the bugs going to massacre? They civilians have been evacuated and the city is abandoned. They would have certainly taken a lot of damage to the city but the fact was that they'd have to pull back their forces to deal with the threat so they don't get flanked.

Certainly there is a good chance that Zeullni would have been destroyed but what choice did they have but to fight back? Lucky Nina convinced Layfon to stop being a bitch and he convinced Felli to stop PMSing for a few minutes to help out.

TrueKnight
2009-02-18, 21:41
We don't know how the reserves would have done because we never got to see them

Close-stretched assumptions:

The president and Zuellni had already prepared spared troops outside the city, regardless how polluted and toxic it was outside the city premises. These spared troops would simply be called upon when the bugs entered the city and would strike from all directions.

Far-stretched assumptions:

Harley is actually a Heaven Blade in disguise, and he waited the perfect chance to show off his skills waiting the bugs to enter the city so he could butcher them with glory. But alas he curses Layfon when he’s stealing the stage.

What actually happens:

They civilians have been evacuated and the city is abandoned.

Brilliant strategy, they’re maybe evacuating through caves or even outside the city where it’s toxic and polluted and would simply kill an average person. Or maybe the president had prepared tons of roaming buses in order to evacuate them.

What actually happens:

-They were in dire situation protecting themselves in shelter, prepared by the officials.
-The bugs were attacking from all directions leaving no chance of escaping or evacuating?

Slick_rick
2009-02-18, 21:56
Brilliant strategy, they’re maybe evacuating through caves or even outside the city where it’s toxic and polluted and would simply kill an average person. Or maybe the president had prepared tons of roaming buses in order to evacuate them.

What actually happens:

-They were in dire situation protecting themselves in shelter, prepared by the officials.
-The bugs were attacking from all directions leaving no chance of escaping or evacuating?

Well I assume since Layfon asked them to escape from the bugs they have a means of escaping. Most likely the buses that take people in between places. From what I gather from Layfon saying get to the shelter means that he wants them to abandon the city and get on a bus or other means of transportation out of the area.

I don't remember us ever see what was going on in the shelter so again I think you pulling this, dire situation, out of thin air. And we have no idea which directions the bugs were coming from. The could have just been coming from just the north or two sides or three sides. You are again making stuff up as you go.

TrueKnight
2009-02-18, 22:13
I don't remember us ever see what was going on in the shelter so again I think you pulling this, dire situation, out of thin air.

I never actually said they're out of thin air, but if in a dire situation, yes. The bugs are already closing on the premises, the defenses at the front are practically lost. It's only a matter of time before the shelter got hit.

And we have no idea which directions the bugs were coming from. The could have just been coming from just the north or two sides or three sides. You are again making stuff up as you go

I receive this information from you. You said that Nina's team and the other squad were defending the NW, and therefore the squads are defending the rest.

And hey guess what, we've just happen to enter into an assumption again where and on which direction the bugs were attacking and the squads are defending.

Kinku
2009-02-18, 22:16
i assume the shelters are hidden in the city since there like no way they could live outside the city or if they truly overrun they would shove everyone in those bus things and have them all run away to the next city.

Slick_rick
2009-02-18, 22:30
I receive this information from you. You said that Nina's team and the other squad were defending the NW, and therefore the squads are defending the rest.

And hey guess what, we've just happen to enter into an assumption again where and on which direction the bugs were attacking and the squads are defending.

I said that Nina squad wasn't the only one defending the city. They had to be other squads in different locations defending the city. This is a fairly logical conclusion from what we see. Your assumption was that this meant that they were completely surrounded with no hope of escape or retreat. That is an awfully big jump in reasoning with little to support it.

Momosan
2009-02-18, 22:37
lol arguments about random useless assumptions are always fun ;). Did the show explain why Nina is emo'ing out about Layfon? At first she tells him not to hold back and when he starts carrying them she quits holding practices and distances herself from the squad. I don't understand why someone who dedicated herself to the squad and prides herself in her hardworking ethics would begin sulking. While I understand she probably feels worthless since her leadership means nothing with Layfon able to do all the work, I never assumed she'd slip that far from what she was originally portrayed as. I had figured she'd at least try to learn from Layfon how to stop being so useless all the time.

TrueKnight
2009-02-18, 22:40
They had to be other squads in different locations defending the city. This is a fairly logical conclusion from what we see.

Indeed, I assume all location, you assume few.

Your assumption was that this meant that they were completely surrounded with no hope of escape or retreat.

Same previous reasoning as the above?

That is an awfully big jump in reasoning with little to support it.

And I could say the same thing as your reasoning.

This is a fairly logical conclusion from what we see.

You mean this?

Slick_rick
2009-02-18, 22:43
lol arguments about random useless assumptions are always fun ;). Did the show explain why Nina is emo'ing out about Layfon? At first she tells him not to hold back and when he starts carrying them she quits holding practices and distances herself from the squad. I don't understand why someone who dedicated herself to the squad and prides herself in her hardworking ethics would begin sulking. While I understand she probably feels worthless since her leadership means nothing with Layfon able to do all the work, I never assumed she'd slip that far from what she was originally portrayed as. I had figured she'd at least try to learn from Layfon how to stop being so useless all the time.

I assume that Nina is doing her own special training. Mei sees her returning to the dorms fairly late at night. I don't think she's sulking but certainly she's pushing herself to get stronger though from the preview of Ep7 she probably pushed herself too hard.

Kinku
2009-02-18, 22:43

She can be better leader just because they have Layfon doing all the work... Leadership doesnt always mean being the most skilled person in the squad.

Momosan
2009-02-18, 22:50
I dunno, she seems to be neglecting her position as she keeps dismissing and cancelling practices. I understand you don't need to be uber powerful to be a good leader, but if your leadership has no effect whatsoever on the success of your unit then it's a moot point. She has had Felli, Blondie, and the mechanic for quite some time now and they've all amounted to nothing under her watch. Her squad has failed nearly every trial presented without the aid of Layfon. If this is the case then why would she be cancelling practices instead of trying to get her squad up to par? Well, up to par is a bad choice of words since apparently every other squad is just as worthless.

TrueKnight
2009-02-18, 23:48
If this is the case then why would she be cancelling practices instead of trying to get her squad up to par? Well, up to par is a bad choice of words since apparently every other squad is just as worthless.

Maybe because she felt they didn't because the squad already had Fon-fon? Yea what she did is childish and lamenting the facts that the training would mean nothing with Fon-fon around and the other squads bitching on how hers too dependant on Fon-fon.

But this is a good chance for her to improve and grow as a character. Fon-fon will be the reason for her to improve and honed her own skills and team. He's basically a finishing point that the Nina and the squad would strive (albeit almost impossible right now) to reach in order to get stronger.

Kinku
2009-02-19, 00:43
I think a good example of her leadership is when she didnt back down with Layfon before fighting the Filth monster assult.. While layfon wanted everyone run and hide, she wanted to stay and fight to prove they can do it.

TrueKnight
2009-02-19, 00:57
Indeed, I think each member of 17th platoon actually represent something,

- Nina: Authority
- Fon-fon: Power
- Felli: Information
- Sharnid and Harley : Comedy

monir
2009-02-19, 01:36
- Mei: Pink box lunch..

...if she was in the platoon. For some reason I thought it was a pertinent observation. :D

ipernorris
2009-02-19, 02:06
Well we can excuse her for a while, because evreyone would be surprised in front of Layfon's strength. I mean she encouraged him to do his best, but when she told Layfon that she didn't imagine what is Layfon's best... :heh:
I bet she thought Layfon was very strong but nothing more than that: she could never dream of Layfon being a one-man-army. In fact she was astonished when Layfon took care of all that baby bugs by himself.

alu546
2009-02-19, 02:34

...if she was in the platoon. For some reason I thought it was a pertinent observation. :D

Well, someone has to be in charge of feeding everyone. :D

Pretty decent setup episode, though I might be annoyed if Fon-fon's harem keeps growing.

I had some laughs this episode, though I did find myself asking why I enjoyed watching Mei so much. I usually dont like the shy characters. But i think i like her because even though she is shy, she isnt naive, and isnt shy and a tsundere. So it just really ups her cute factor with me.

With the bugs in episode 5, the plot is slowly moving forward; I hope we can get through the "Many faces of Zuelli" arc fairly soon, because I am now at the point where its starting to lose its enjoyability some.

Oh and, who is the guy in the flashbaack thats saying things in engrish?

Momosan
2009-02-19, 07:06
Out of all the female characters I assume I'll probably like Nina the most as long as she snaps out of her rut. I just have a really bad habit with wanting to make anime characters act coherently which is why everyone over in the clannad forum calls me a troll.

TrueKnight
2009-02-19, 19:54
With the bugs in episode 5, the plot is slowly moving forward; I hope we can get through the "Many faces of Zuelli" arc fairly soon, because I am now at the point where its starting to lose its enjoyability some.

Yeah. Ep 1 and 2 are basically introductions on who is Fon-fon, a super saiyajin. Ep 3 well it's overall a character development, Kallian trying to persuade Fon-fon and with insight of the heaven blades. Ep 4 again......character developement overall. Ep 5 they spend half of it on character developement, but finally touches the plot, or what's the beginning of it when Fon-fon finally had the resolution to fight. Ep 6, well as you said, a set up episode, also spent on character developement, but with progression with the plot.

Hopefully in ep 7 we would see Fon-fon kicking ass, and involvement from the rest from his squad. Nina in particular because I want to see her grow as a character and become a kickass leader or commander who doesn't have to be overall strong but tactical like Sumeragi from 00. Of course, some Felli again would be nice.

Oh and, who is the guy in the flashbaack thats saying things in engrish?

Dunno, but it's set prior the CSR world like a prequel. Other than 'I can see the bullets' I dont know shit about him lol.

SwiftStrike
2009-02-19, 20:13
looks like a lot of people have seen the letter...

Voitan
2009-02-20, 01:34

Can't fight on an empty stomach.

TrueKnight
2009-02-20, 02:03
2 more days till ep 7. as some poster said Layfon will be using a new weapon called the Adaman Dite, er Adamantium alloy Wolverine type?

Anyway its just crossed my mind that each military arts warriors or soldiers in the CSR world are using different type of styles and weapons depending on their roles (with the exception of Layfon anyway) there are also occupation from each of them:

- Fon-fon: dite weapon(s): sword or wires or any (weapon master). Role(s): shock trooper or reconnaissance or any (frontline multi-role). Known occupation: 17th platoon, janitor, former Heaven Blade.
- Nina: dite weapon(s): dual sword. Role(s): commander and shock trooper. Known occupation: 17th platoon, janitor.
- Felli: dite weapon(s): wands. Role(s): combat intelligence. Known occupation: 17th platoon, former maid cafe specialist.
- Sharnid: dite weapon(s): bolt action rifle or hand guns. Role(s): sniper at long range, at close range unknown. Known occupation: 17th platoon.
- Harley: dite weapon(s): unknown, his skills. Role(s): technician or engineer. Known occupation: 17th platoon..
- Vance: dite weapon(s): great sword. Role(s): commander and shock trooper. Known occupation: Military Chief of Staff.
- red-haired guy: dite weapon(s): sword. Role(s): unknown. Known occupation: unknown.
- silver haired martial artist: dite weapon(s): knuckle gloves. Role(s): shock trooper. Known occupation: Heaven Blade.
- green haired dude: dite weapon(s): wires. Role(s): shock trooper?. Known occupation: Heaven Blade.
- queen: dite weapon(s): her finger, rei-gan. Role(s): supreme commander of the Heaven Blades. Known occupation: Grendan’s Queena and head of state .

Yes, I’m tired.

MrTerrorist
2009-02-20, 02:35
- Felli: dite weapon(s): wands. Role(s): combat intelligence. Known occupation: 17th platoon.

Have you forgotten our beloved Felli-sempai works at a Maid Cafe? Felli fans would be outrage for your forgetfulness.:D

TrueKnight
2009-02-20, 02:40
lol holy shit you're right by being a Fonfon x Felli fan I am I should be shameful and burned at stake for forgetting that.

Done editting.

willyvereb
2009-02-20, 04:12
2 more days till ep 7. as some poster said Layfon will be using a new weapon called the Adaman Dite, er Adamantium alloy Wolverine type?

Anyway its just crossed my mind that each military arts warriors or soldiers in the CSR world are using different type of styles and weapons depending on their roles (with the exception of Layfon anyway) there are also occupation from each of them:

- Fon-fon: dite weapon(s): sword or wires or any (weapon master). Role(s): shock trooper or reconnaissance or any (frontline multi-role). Known occupation: 17th platoon, janitor, former Heaven Blade.
- Nina: dite weapon(s): dual sword. Role(s): commander and shock trooper. Known occupation: 17th platoon, janitor.
- Felli: dite weapon(s): wands. Role(s): combat intelligence. Known occupation: 17th platoon, former maid cafe specialist.
- Sharnid: dite weapon(s): bolt action rifle or hand guns. Role(s): sniper at long range, at close range unknown. Known occupation: 17th platoon.
- Harley: dite weapon(s): unknown, his skills. Role(s): technician or engineer. Known occupation: 17th platoon..
- Vance: dite weapon(s): great sword. Role(s): commander and shock trooper. Known occupation: Military Chief of Staff.
- red-haired guy: dite weapon(s): sword. Role(s): unknown. Known occupation: unknown.
- silver haired martial artist: dite weapon(s): knuckle gloves. Role(s): shock trooper. Known occupation: Heaven Blade.
- green haired dude: dite weapon(s): wires. Role(s): shock trooper?. Known occupation: Heaven Blade.
- queen: dite weapon(s): her finger, rei-gan. Role(s): supreme commander of the Heaven Blades. Known occupation: Grendan’s Queena and head of state .

Yes, I’m tired.
ok i think some corrigations are nessesary:
my corrected list:
- Layfon/Layton/Fon-fon: dite weapon(s): sword or wires or any (weapon master). Role(s): shock trooper, one-man army.Known occupations:former Heaven Blade, currently:17th platoon member, janitor, temporary dispatch officier, Filth Monster hunter(all of them in Zuelni)
- Nina: dite weapon(s): dual swords?(somewhat like a rapier with extra tick "blade"). Role(s): commander and shock trooper. Known occupation: 17th platoon leader, janitor.
- Felli: dite weapon(s): wands. Role(s): combat intelligence and communications. Known occupation: 17th platoon, former maid cafe worker.
- Sharnid: dite weapon(s): bolt action rifle and hand guns. Role(s):sniper, fires support, gunkata(not proffessional). Known occupation: 17th platoon, formerly served in another platoon.
- Harley: dite weapon(s): unknown. Role(s): technician or engineer, primary dite crafter. Known occupation: 17th platoon..
- green haired dude: dite weapon(s): wires. Role(s): long range support. Known occupation: Heaven Blade.
- queen: dite weapon(s):unknown(her shot was just an outer burst Kei ability). Role(s): supreme commander of the Heaven Blades. Known occupation: Grendan’s Queen and head of state .

Fevvers
2009-02-20, 06:23
Just marathoned episodes 3 to 6; while I still don't think much of the show nor some of the prominent characters (Felli, and, to a certain degree, Layfon), it's surprisingly addicting. And, yeah, ok, I want to see more of Nina. I thought her jealousy and insecurities make her more interesting. Felli, on the other hand, is getting annoying; part of the reason might be with her voice actress (too unnnatural for my taste), along with her stereotypical tsundere persona.

Maximum Penetration
2009-02-20, 07:36
Just marathoned episodes 3 to 6; while I still don't think much of the show nor some of the prominent characters (Felli, and, to a certain degree, Layfon), it's surprisingly addicting. And, yeah, ok, I want to see more of Nina. I thought her jealousy and insecurities make her more interesting. Felli, on the other hand, is getting annoying; part of the reason might be with her voice actress (too unnnatural for my taste), along with her stereotypical tsundere persona.

*hands you a shin protector*

...I think you might need that;)

TrueKnight
2009-02-20, 10:11
- Sharnid: dite weapon(s): bolt action rifle and hand guns. Role(s):sniper, fires support, gunkata (not proffessional)

I'm was trying hard on finding the correct terms for Sharnid's gun-fu style and this practically nails it lol.

Felli, on the other hand, is getting annoying; part of the reason might be with her voice actress (too unnnatural for my taste), along with her stereotypical tsundere persona.

I can somehow understand the annoying part and well nobody's perfect and her moeblob attitude basically covers her faults....okay I was being biased. But a tsundere?

willyvereb
2009-02-20, 10:25
She's tsundere but not because of her...she born with that...the strong psichokinetists hardly can show any kind of emotion(perhaps the anger is the easiest one, as we seen Felli's oft anger-kickings)

zibi88
2009-02-20, 15:04
Well looking at official anime page I can say that episodes 7-10 will be very interesting.... and hmmm ep11 will be a filler I suppose something about swimsuits

well its only 1episode per week so sad.... :(

TrueKnight
2009-02-20, 19:53
Hmm just looked at the preview pics of ep 7 in the offical website,

http://anime.webnt.jp/regios/story/

lol, breast groping, kicking, fanservice? Fon-fon you son of a... well more like a stud. Anyway,

seems like they're using teamwork instead of 'I am Layfon I WIN button' to defeat the bug in ep 7. Felli is definitely involved by the looks on the flower petals. I also see Sharnid although vague. And Fon-fon is using the Adaman dite sword woot.

I hope somehow the 17th platoon looked kick ass in this on. Then it's proof that they're actually growing and improving.

Can't wait. :D

holyman282
2009-02-20, 21:23
seems like they're using teamwork instead of 'I am Layfon I WIN button' to defeat the bug in ep 7. Felli is definitely involved by the looks on the flower petals. I also see Sharnid although vague. And Fon-fon is using the Adaman dite sword woot.

I hope somehow the 17th platoon looked kick ass in this on. Then it's proof that they're actually growing and improving.

Can't wait. :D

Err there will be no teamwork next ep from platoon 17 because the preview for ep 7 in ep 6 specifically said Leyfon went out to fight it by himself. Perhaps felli is helping due to the petal but I think that's it.

TrueKnight
2009-02-20, 21:30
Err there will be no teamwork next ep from platoon 17 because the preview for ep 7 in ep 6 specifically said Leyfon went out to fight it by himself. Perhaps felli is helping due to the petal but I think that's it.

Damn your right just watched the preview again. But sucks, I'm still hoping somehow the preview is misleading because I want to see Nina and the squads grow, imporve and participate instead taking role of bystander cheerleaders from the sidelines while Layfon again taking all the credit, again.

I mean, we know already from ep 1 to 6 that he's practically a 'one-man army'. Now could we please have the developement of other squads in terms of skills? >.>

And finally, I hope the episode will focus on 30-40% developement while the rest of them is action, or atleast 50-50.

holyman282
2009-02-20, 22:33
Damn your right just watched the preview again. But sucks, I'm still hoping somehow the preview is misleading because I want to see Nina and the squads grow, imporve and participate instead taking role of bystander cheerleaders from the sidelines while Layfon again taking all the credit, again.

I mean, we know already from ep 1 to 6 that he's practically a 'one-man army'. Now could we please have the developement of other squads in terms of skills? >.>

And finally, I hope the episode will focus on 30-40% developement while the rest of them is action, or atleast 50-50.

Well technically layfon is getting no credit cause no one even knows how strong or powerful he is. Also the people of Zuelenii thinks they defeated the previous filth monsters through teamwork unaware that leyfon was the one who took out the mother.

I actually want more people to acknowledge his power or at least more people to see how powerful he really is.

TrueKnight
2009-02-20, 23:20
Well technically layfon is getting no credit cause no one even knows how strong or powerful he is. Also the people of Zuelenii thinks they defeated the previous filth monsters through teamwork unaware that leyfon was the one who took out the mother.

mmm aside from the president, 17th platoon and a handful rest other squad or people that is. But yea most of 'em think they did it through coop.

I actually want more people to acknowledge his power or at least more people to see how powerful he really is.

Well from the looks of it on ep 7 sofar its grim because possibly only Fon-fon sent to the front slaying the monster alone and yeah it would be cool if any other squad or people recognizes his prowess and looked him in shock and awe instead only picturing him as the 'powerful guy' who defeated the 16th platoon in ep 2.

But personally I want him to keep a low profile badass like Spiderman or Superman. Somehow I think Fon-fon resembles Kenshin from RrnK.

zibi88
2009-02-21, 01:41
Well heaven-blades are one-man-army so you cant change that nature.... the only difference is with mature big bug.... there is needed work of 3heavens (or queen alone xD) to kill it....

In Zueli there is no one with skills close to heaven blade so he is forced to fight alone.... students were not able to kill weakest form of bugs the larvas so how can they help killing other bug... they would be only in Layfons way..... besides who said that Layfon is happy to have again fight the bugs....?

anyway I think that in ep7 Layfon was thinking that all he have to do is to kill that baby bug.... but durring the fight it will mature to bigger form and Layfon will end up in huge pinch ^^ anyway cant wait to see that

about coop... Layfon's power might be a motivation to become stronger too.... just like Nina is jelous now over Layfon's power and is secretly training and unleashing lots to kei... to much but she is trying

willyvereb
2009-02-21, 02:29
So there's a high possibility to Narki will be added to the harem?
Almost nothing about Nina in the pictures even tought in the preview she was the second main point after the next "bug slaying"...

Momosan
2009-02-21, 02:51
Well I'm sure people know that Layfon is a rape machine due to his actions within inter platoon matches and training sessions. They just don't know the full extent of his domination.

ipernorris
2009-02-21, 06:07
Unless platoon scores are a secret then someone can figure out how strong Layfon is just by reading those scores... do you remember that panel in episode 6? :heh:
Layfon made about 19800000 points
Nina and the rest made about 800000 or less points.

The gap is so wide it's ludicrous. :heh:

Chase
2009-02-21, 07:22
Unless platoon scores are a secret then someone can figure out how strong Layfon is just by reading those scores... do you remember that panel in episode 6? :heh:

lol yeah i saw that, i was like "wtf". No wonder Nina's depressed.:heh:

Onibur
2009-02-21, 07:43
Everytime I think of this episode Zuellni's scene pops into my head, it was just so cute>.<

Spectacular_Insanity
2009-02-21, 11:08
I kinda stumbled upon this anime by accident, but so far its quite good. Yes, the storyline is a tad cliche, but it is still entertaining nevertheless.

But Jesus, how many potential love interests is this guy gonna have? It's only the sixth episode yet I could point out 5 or 6 possible matchups for this dude. Seriously now, it's starting to get out of hand.... >_<

Spectacular_Insanity
2009-02-21, 11:09

Yeah, I agree. Their combined score (Nina and everyone else) would probably still be less than half of Layfon's score, lol.

ricaryx
2009-02-21, 14:35
Should there be episode 7 thread already?

Renegade334
2009-02-21, 14:49
There should...if you're in such a hurry, just pm one of the mods to get the topic up and running. The raw should be up anytime soon, anyway.

Besides, if you want a sneak peek at ep7, just head over tothe 2chan thread for C-SR.
Usual rules apply - don't spread the link, don't quote my post...yadda x3.

I'll erase this in a couple hours, so be quick checking it out.

EDIT I: raw is out. Snatch it.
EDIT II: link withdrawn.

zibi88
2009-02-21, 14:49
Well I watched the raw 1hour ago at least so yep it should be a thread about ep7 made ^^

Episode was good.... first half as usual talking and stuff like that.... other half was fighting the monster ^^ I kinda expected something big from Layfon but.... ehhh you will see what I meant.... maybe becouse its not his sword (the one from ep1) dont know.... time will show but previews on anime orginal site kinda show that till ep10 it will be intersting.... while ep11 kinda will be like a filler to ease our feelings a bit (to relax XD)

ricaryx
2009-02-21, 15:07
thanks renegade!

GreenLama
2009-03-05, 09:06
Another good episode, however I felt this one lacked a little bit for me. The whole storyline with the letter got me wondering what was in the envelope and I sure hope Layfon opens it in episode 7 or 8, but it was the end that got me excited for episode #7. These filth monsters are more than they appear to be I am guessing, and it seems as if we are headed for another Layfon -vs- filth monster war, which would be awesome.

Layfon is turning out to be a bad @$$ and I am really beginning to dig his character, he's becoming one of my favorite male leads in an anime series.

willyvereb
2009-03-05, 10:04
We heard parts about it at ep 1 and 3...i guess as we heard: nothing to mention.