PDA

View Full Version : Character discussion - Felli

Skyfall
2009-02-14, 15:51
The purpose of this thread is to provide a place to discuss all things Felli related.
To keep the discussion enjoyable for all Regios fans, please follow the guidelines below and stay on-topic!
http://g.imagehost.org/0178/Felli.jpg
Note: Please don't use this for the specific episode / chapter talk, there are other threads (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=88) for that stuff.
100Thread Guidelines
No campaigning!
No "hate" or "xyz must die" posts. Discuss why you do or don't like characters without whining and whining or blatantly campaigning for your favorite.

Be polite to your fellow forum members.
Do not insult or harass other members for their likes and dislikes. Do not take it so seriously that you end up in an argument with another forum member because they express a fondness for a character you loathe. Discussion and good spirited banter is always welcome, but harassing people won't be tolerated.

Discuss, not Chat.
Please remember that AnimeSuki is a discussion forum, not a chat room, there is a difference. If you wish to chat, then please make use of our IRC channel (#animeuki (irc://irc.zirc.org/animesuki)) on ZiRC (http://www.zirc.org/).

Have fun, but post intelligently.
It's great to have fun, but please try your best to add substance to what you post and make your thoughts interesting for the generation of fans that will follow after youíre long gone and on to watching some other series.

Use spoiler tags!Spoilers are allowed, but they must be enclosed in spoiler tags clearly marked with a proper title. Failure to do this can result in a BAN.

Adding a Spoiler tag:

spoiler.gif
Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
Make sure that you include a title for the spoiler!
Please use the Report button if you see any spoilers:

report.gif
Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
to locate and deal with problems quickly.
Posting prohibited spoilers may result in a ban.
Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.

MrTerrorist
2009-02-14, 16:39
A brief description about this character.
A mysterious white hair bishoujo who in reality is a powerful pyschokinesists.

Love by fans due to following:

a)Has the looks of a Loli even though she might be older.

b)A lovable attitude unlike most shy characters

c)Has one mean kick. (I mean it, don't piss her!)

d)She is the Mistress of Frills (No one wears a battle uniform with frills that stylish.)

Bonta Kun
2009-02-14, 17:10
^oi oi oi this is blasphemy!!

you have forgotten to mention about her "frills"!!!!:mad:

no one quite makes a military uniform look so girly as Felli does:D

blitz1/2
2009-02-14, 17:23
I like the sakura petal thingys.

meh
2009-02-14, 19:09
Felli is just made of win in all aspects.

Cinocard
2009-02-14, 19:18
I demand a change of Felli's picture in the OP to loli mode :D

Manji Midou
2009-02-14, 19:20
felis is the first loli that seems to be pretty much useless that l've seen in a long time, here's hoping that changes in the future.

Xellos-_^
2009-02-14, 19:24
I demand a change of Felli's picture in the OP to loli mode :D

i want grumpy mode

zalem
2009-02-14, 20:01
felis is the first loli that seems to be pretty much useless that l've seen in a long time, here's hoping that changes in the future.

I'd hardly call her useless. Layfon needed her help the last episode to defeat the bugs. Not to mention the time she helped your damsel in distress Mei from the tentacle monster.

It's already been said multiple times that Felli is actually very strong, she just doesn't push herself because she has issues with being used. If she stays the way she is for the whole series then maybe one can call her useless. Or at least, poorly developed. But I assume that she will develop and stop being so stubborn. It'd be bad writing otherwise. I'd probably stop liking her if that's the case. But again, I have faith in the writing (for now).

meh
2009-02-14, 20:24

Isn't she basically the ONLY useful heroine in the story? Unless you want to count Nina's fight-against-all-odds-and-get-pwned as useful.

TrueKnight
2009-02-14, 20:35
Felli's awesome because she's strong, has frills and likes to kick his beloved Fon-fon.

zalem
2009-02-14, 20:37
Isn't she basically the ONLY useful heroine in the story? Unless you want to count Nina's fight-against-all-odds-and-get-pwned as useful.

You definitely have a point there. None of the females in the story so far have been particularly useful when you think about it. Felli is the closest to useful you get so far. Come to think about it, the same thing goes with the guys except for Layfon of course.

Xellos-_^
2009-02-14, 20:46
You definitely have a point there. None of the females in the story so far have been particularly useful when you think about it. Felli is the closest to useful you get so far. Come to think about it, the same thing goes with the guys except for Layfon of course.

the mechanic is ok as a support type and the sniper is fine too.

margafred
2009-02-14, 20:47
All hail Felli
All hail Felli
All hail Felli
All hail Felli
All hail Felli
All hail Felli
All hail Felli
All hail Felli
All hail Felli
All hail Felli
All hail Felli
All hail Felli
All hail Felli
All hail Felli

:bow: :bow: :bow:

^oi oi oi this is blasphemy!!

you have forgotten to mention about her "frills"!!!!:mad:

no one quite makes a military uniform look so girly as Felli does:D
The frills needs to be caps..the frills needs more highlight!

All hail the frills :bow:

Anyway i think the frills made her look abit gothic...especially with that face of hers.

Modern style uniform + classy frills = win!
Training uniform + classy frills = nosebleed *ouch*

I wonder why she love frills...it always made me wonder so much..i need the answer now!!! :uhoh:

Why useless?Being the series idol,i don't think she need other kind of roles other than being what she is.. :rolleyes:

meh
2009-02-14, 20:48
You definitely have a point there. None of the females in the story so far have been particularly useful when you think about it.

Actually, Felli's MORE useful if you think about it.

1. Saved Meilin by alerting Layfon to her predicament.
2. Saved Nina from getting bashed by alerting Layfon to her predicament.
3. Found the location of the mother filth monster incredibly fast and allowed Layfon to kill her before she could call for help.
4. Wore a maid costume that's full of win.
5. Gave viewers several more nicknames for Layfon
6. And so much more...

Words cannot fully describe how useful Felli is.:D

Manji Midou
2009-02-14, 21:01
ah the biase love for this loli is very sickening...:heh:

zalem
2009-02-14, 21:15

And your bias is pretty clear as well. You have yet to really explain why she is oh so useless. If you don't like her, fine. No one says you have to like her. But why insist on calling her 'useless' when she clearly is not.

As for me, loli designs are actually a huge minus usually. I generally hate loli. But if the personality is strong or interesting enough I will overlook it. Felli is ok in my book because she doesn't act like a helpless damsel in distress (unlike some lolis out there) and yes, she actually is pretty useful compared to the other female characters. I do hope she lets go of the grudge against her brother and stops holding back though. No matter how obnoxious he is, he is ultimately doing things for the sake of the city. Or at least, that's what it looks like. For all we know maybe he has ulterior motives that are not so nice. But for the moment it seems he is sincere.

Bonta Kun
2009-02-14, 21:58
Actually, Felli's MORE useful if you think about it.

1. Saved Meilin by alerting Layfon to her predicament.
2. Saved Nina from getting bashed by alerting Layfon to her predicament.
3. Found the location of the mother filth monster incredibly fast and allowed Layfon to kill her before she could call for help.
4. Wore a maid costume that's full of win.
5. Gave viewers several more nicknames for Layfon
6. And so much more...

Words cannot fully describe how useful Felli is.:D

oi oi oi again with the not mentioning the "FRILLS" (got it right this time, margafred;)) gotta mention the "FRILLS"

indeed the biase love for the loli is sickening but for me its better here than with certain other lolis:D

whether its just the "FRILLS" or Felli as a whole I'm not entirely sure but I really like her.

don't get me wrong I got love for all the girls here but I just got moar love for the "FRIL..."....eh I mean the loli

....ahh what you know it is cause of the "FRILLS":D

on a side note, I think its perfectly fine for Felli to want do something besides whats forced upon her, everyones entitled to abit of selfishness.
I mean its not like she wants to go about doing misdeeds with her powers now is it.

germanturkey
2009-02-14, 22:17
i do like Felli, but her anime persona seems to be a little different from what i've read in missing mail. my favorite part about her is her "wtf face" and cute voice.

Manji Midou
2009-02-15, 04:29
And your bias is pretty clear as well. You have yet to really explain why she is oh so useless. If you don't like her, fine. No one says you have to like her. But why insist on calling her 'useless' when she clearly is not.
oh please, how about you do some research l have clearly given a reason as to why l consider her useless. l have also stated l hope she changes in the future.
take away the loli part of her character and what do you have left?
a useless,angry, abusive girl who has the ability to help others but rather not because then poor little will feel she is being "used"
ln all seriousness why does her character get away with personal faults that other characters in other anime but are ridicule about.
oh snap layfon saw her smile end result she kicks him, that was soooooo hilarious!!
layfon gets kicked if he doesn't call her by her nickname...like lulz!
does she get away with it because she's a loli?

Master Assassin
2009-02-15, 04:40
... I guess, the only one who can plea to her to seriously actually using her skills is Layfon :p

apart from that, unless the situations push her to that desperate situation like in episode 4, she won't want to use it.

i do like Felli, but her anime persona seems to be a little different from what i've read in missing mail.

Her anime persona is her real persona.

Remember that Missing Mail is an alternative to Layfon's story.

meh
2009-02-15, 05:39
oh please, how about you do some research l have clearly given a reason as to why l consider her useless. l have also stated l hope she changes in the future.

No you didn't. It's one thing if you say this before episode 5. But if you cannot understand just how instrumental she was in saving Zuelini from annihilation during the attack, then there's something wrong with your comprehension skills.

Her look or her personality may be open to dispute, but not her power. This is quite cut and dry.

Manji Midou
2009-02-15, 06:38
No you didn't. It's one thing if you say this before episode 5. But if you cannot understand just how instrumental she was in saving Zuelini from annihilation during the attack, then there's something wrong with your comprehension skills.

Her look or her personality may be open to dispute, but not her power. This is quite cut and dry.

ah, yes l have. :)
yes, lf it weren't for layfon that went out of his way to look for her and even though she did help, she was reluctant to do so. "even you wish to use me" l think where her lines to layfon when he asked for her help. oh what was l thinking?! clearly had layfon not shown up she would had put her powers to use and not stand near the window like a useless dolt. /sarcasm.

Skyfall
2009-02-15, 08:06
I don't see what makes Layfon all that different from her in that regard. They both had their specific triggers that made them take part in the action, it is just that Layfon got his before Felli ... and ironically, the trigger for both involves people they wished to see unharmed - for Layfon it was mainly Mei it seems, going by the brief flashbacks, and for Felli it was Layfon himself, going by her asking of him not to die. In essence the two are the same - not caring much for the city, but willing to reluctantly step up when they realize that people they care about might be put in harm's way.

Westlo
2009-02-15, 08:43
Yeah Layton and Felli are similar in that regard.

meh
2009-02-15, 09:30
ah, yes l have. :)
yes, lf it weren't for layfon that went out of his way to look for her and even though she did help, she was reluctant to do so. "even you wish to use me" l think where her lines to layfon when he asked for her help. oh what was l thinking?! clearly had layfon not shown up she would had put her powers to use and not stand near the window like a useless dolt. /sarcasm.

Umm... Without a fighter the caliber of Layfon it doesn't matter what Felli can do. Zuelini still has no chance. She cannot do anything by herself. Neither can Layfon, obviously, or he wouldn't have involved Felli in the first place.

Your logic is like saying defensivemen in football are useless because they never score goals. Or that white mages in RPGs are useless because they only just sit there and get hit. There is more to fighting than melee combat. Hence the idea of a "team".

Manji Midou
2009-02-15, 11:30
Umm... Without a fighter the caliber of Layfon it doesn't matter what Felli can do. Zuelini still has no chance. She cannot do anything by herself. Neither can Layfon, obviously, or he wouldn't have involved Felli in the first place.

Your logic is like saying defensivemen in football are useless because they never score goals. Or that white mages in RPGs are useless because they only just sit there and get hit. There is more to fighting than melee combat. Hence the idea of a "team".

lulz...the thing is
felis seems to not want to be part of the "team" a white mage does not take a offensive in battle that is true but they also don't stand around doing nothing until they are asked for help.

@skyfall
l wonder what felis would had done had layfon not looked for her. yes there is some difference between the two, the process of fighting back had not hit layfon yet but he was still worried about the others telling nina to retreat so in a way he was taking action while felis wasn't

zalem
2009-02-15, 12:07
take away the loli part of her character and what do you have left?
a useless,angry, abusive girl who has the ability to help others but rather not because then poor little will feel she is being "used"
ln all seriousness why does her character get away with personal faults that other characters in other anime but are ridicule about.
oh snap layfon saw her smile end result she kicks him, that was soooooo hilarious!!
layfon gets kicked if he doesn't call her by her nickname...like lulz!
does she get away with it because she's a loli?

Again, I generally hate loli so that certainly isn't a point in her favor for me. And I saw your so-called reasons for calling her useless. Nothing you have said backs up your claim that she is useless. Stubborn? Yes. Selfish? Yes. Is in need of anger management classes? Yes. But, useless? No. Again, without her your precious Mei would be smashed by that building or would be bug food (yes, that's right Felli saved her twice). Layfon wouldn't have been able to find the filth monster. Nina would have been beaten by the other captain and the 17th platoon would have lost the fight. Just because she was reluctant to help doesn't mean she is useless. Like Layfon she needs something to push her to fight.

If you don't like her personality and find her annoying that's perfectly ok, but she clearly is one of the more useful characters in the series whether you want to admit it or not.

margafred
2009-02-15, 12:53
lulz...the thing is
felis seems to not want to be part of the "team" a white mage does not take a offensive in battle that is true but they also don't stand around doing nothing until they are asked for help.

@skyfall
l wonder what felis would had done had layfon not looked for her. yes there is some difference between the two, the process of fighting back had not hit layfon yet but he was still worried about the others telling nina to retreat so in a way he was taking action while felis wasn't
I'm sure that point of yours only applied for episode 5 isn't it?I don't remember Layfon asking Felli for helping him in other episodes..most episodes shows the opposite of what you're talking now.

Also there's no proof of her doing nothing when Zuellni was attacked by the Filth monsters.When Layfon called her name,Felli was shown watching the battle scenery from a building,WITH her telepathy ability on.If you remember in episode 4,she couldn't use her telepathy without her wand dite in restored mode.But in episode 5,even before Layfon called her,she already activated her wand dite,shown by the petals flying on the air when Layfon called her name.If she hadn't activate her ability,there's no way she could hear Layfon calling her name..

It might be possible that Felli at that time was helping the other units using her ability,although it was not shown in episode 5.Fighting against a Filth monsters,she had no choice but to fight as a soldier to protect the city from being invaded by the monsters.Her ability always gets her lesser attention and screen time in battle compared to Layfon...but that doesn't mean she don't do or contribute anything in the battle as like what you said.Obviously she was there doing her role,just that it was Layfon that gets the screen attention.

Westlo
2009-02-16, 05:44
@skyfall

As said by margafred she was already using her powers in some manner before Layton asked for her help. And really you can't blame Felli for not wanting to use her own powers at her fullest without a catalyst and ignore Layton doing exactly the same thing.

Skyfall
2009-02-16, 07:33
@skyfall

See, i am not exactly sure he is worried about Nina (It is more like a philosophy clash on their part), Or about anyone else for that matter, except for Mei and her two friends, remembering whom was his trigger to fight. Remembering about those three (mostly Mei) is what made Layfon budge, while realization Layfon is going out there is what made Felli budge. Neither is doing it for some "greater good" or "for the city" (Which is what i like - for once we have main characters that won't go out of their way for any random person down the road), but for specific people they personally didn't wish to see potentially hurt. It is just that Felli's "interest" is in no immediate danger at the moment, regardless of whether she moves or not.

On another note, i wonder how powerful Felli actually is though. She was observing the situation, but i am not sure of how much she is capable on her own though. Chances are she could be able to put up a better fight than rest of the city defenders combined, but it doesn't seem like she (or anyone, minus Layfon) has any actual combat experience, and i doubt she could have chopped up all those bugs like Layfon did, even if she wanted to. Her part largely seems to be acting like a communications center and satellite targeting system, while Layfon is the WMD - one is "needed" for the other to work it seems.

willyvereb
2009-02-16, 10:13
I can't call her useless, because even in the anime no one calls her useless or something like that...in fact the most powerfull character on Zuleni after Lay-Fon...
But i somewhat not like her because of her spoiledness...she says that she wants to find her own path that not involves fighting and can't take the responsibility of her talents...
Perhaps other than that her parsonality is realy funny...just like any other introverted person her mosttly seen emotion is the anger...she hates her brother because he forces her to act a bit responsible of her powers. I think most propably her growing feelings towards Lay-Fon brings out her other emotions and somewhat Feli starts to live realy.

Voitan
2009-02-17, 00:01
At first I just thought she was just really short, but I suppose the label is canon, she's a loli.

Despite that, I love how she'll not stoop to becoming some moe blob and vents her anger in comical fashion while being the second most useful person in Zuleni.

Sorry, calling her not useful is like calling green grass, orange.

It just doesn't apply/stick.

blitz1/2
2009-02-17, 00:06
At first I just thought she was just really short, but I suppose the label is canon, she's a loli.

Despite that, I love how she'll not stoop to becoming some moe blob and vents her anger in comical fashion while being the second most useful person in Zuleni.

Sorry, calling her not useful is like calling green grass, orange.

It just doesn't apply/stick.

Unless that grass has an overproduction of beta carotene. :heh:

Voitan
2009-02-17, 00:21
Unless that grass has an overproduction of beta carotene. :heh:

Now livestock can have good eyesight.

You just need to commit the loss of one sanity point and you can have cows that can see the cowtippers coming!

willyvereb
2009-02-17, 03:53
ok...we know well that Felli is a grade higher than Fon-fon in school, but she seems like the child-prodigy type...
So:How old is she?
Another note:
at ep 6 on the score board Felli's current and previous score is the same...i think it shows her intentional holding back to the degree that she precisely earns the same points at every practice...

TrueKnight
2009-02-17, 12:06
She's a genius, but I think her age is around 16, while Fon-fon himself is 15. Anyone please correct me if I'm wrong though.

MegaManComputer
2009-02-17, 15:57
Felli is not useless, if she was...she will never be on the team!. and also I think she the strongest of all her team. Since she can fight and defeat any bugs like and human like people with her magic. Also her magic is is more powerful then Fon-Fon

honeypie_0106
2009-02-17, 18:22
Her character has a small flaw.

She generally does not know how to recognize, when to use her powers. She keeps thinking why she needs to fight. They were going to be eaten as dinner and yet she would still try to argue her way out of helping the zuellni citizens.

If it weren't for Lay-fon, I doubt she would help in her own accord. This makes her a lazy individual and a bit useless if she keeps the mask on during difficult times, such as in episode 5.

She has powers - she helped Mei, but I don't think its the whole of her powers though - which is kind of a waste.

zalem
2009-02-17, 18:27
Reluctance isn't laziness. She doesn't want to use her power because she doesn't like being used. I'd say her flaw is selfishness. She is only thinking about herself and not looking at the bigger picture.

Master Assassin
2009-02-17, 19:42
Reluctance isn't laziness. She doesn't want to use her power because she doesn't like being used. I'd say her flaw is selfishness. She is only thinking about herself and not looking at the bigger picture.

Yeah, episode 6 made me saw that in her. Even if she doesn't want to be used for her abilities there are circumstances she musn't let everything go that way.

With Layfon's reasoning to agree to her brother's request (which is to help fight a Filth Monster they are about to encounter in the coming ep 7) she should realize why she needs to fight as well.

Momosan
2009-02-18, 14:24
She may not be useless, but I don't see how anyone can say she's the 2nd most powerful either. So far she's really only demonstrated niche abilities while most other people haven't been shown at all. She probably will end up as a focal character due to the amount of screentime she gets but I think it's a little preemptive to rank anyone yet.

Cinocard
2009-02-18, 15:16
Who are the "most people" you are talking about?

I don't put any hope on the faces we have seen so far. Perhaps there are hidden characters with great power we haven't seen, but SO FAR, as you say, Felli is the second best.

The Martial art captain, so far, is nothing impressive. He could barely handle the bug from Ep4. Felli killed it. If that's the best those student can get, probably none of them would beat Felli 1v1 either.

zalem
2009-02-18, 16:10
She may not be useless, but I don't see how anyone can say she's the 2nd most powerful either. So far she's really only demonstrated niche abilities while most other people haven't been shown at all. She probably will end up as a focal character due to the amount of screentime she gets but I think it's a little preemptive to rank anyone yet.

Well, I didn't say 2nd most powerful, but 2nd most useful behind Layfon. I think it's rather hard to argue against this. As for power rankings, I assume we're talking about Zuellni only cause I'm betting the bunch in Grenden are way more powerful than anyone in Zuellni. As for Zuellni, I don't know...so far I'm really not impressed with anyone other than Layfon. Felli is the only one that's exhibited any power worth noting. So as far as what we've been shown in the series, yes I'd say Felli probably is the 2nd most powerful. That's not to say there might not be someone else who hasn't shown up yet...but I have my doubts on that.

Slick_rick
2009-02-18, 16:32
Well, I didn't say 2nd most powerful, but 2nd most useful behind Layfon. I think it's rather hard to argue against this. As for power rankings, I assume we're talking about Zuellni only cause I'm betting the bunch in Grenden are way more powerful than anyone in Zuellni. As for Zuellni, I don't know...so far I'm really not impressed with anyone other than Layfon. Felli is the only that's exhibited any power worth noting. So as far as what we've been show in the series, yes I'd say Felli probably is the 2nd most powerful. That's not to say there might not be someone else who hasn't shown up yet...but I have my doubts on that.

Well all we know about Felli is that she's an extremely powerful pyschokinesist. It's hard to say where she ranks because we've never seen her use it to its full power. Not only that we have yet to see many other besides the 17th Platoon fight. We have yet to see what her brother, Baldy, and the Blonde girl can do yet either. It's way too early to draw a conclusion based only on her reputation. Not only that there is the difference between her role and a normal fighters role. She's support. We can say she's the most powerful pyschokinesist we have seen in Zuellni (only one?) but not much more than that.

zalem
2009-02-18, 17:05
Which is why I said "so far as what we've been shown." From what we have seen she seems to be the 2nd most powerful, no one else has shown much talent. This is all speculation of course.

I only said I have some doubts because based on what characters they've been focusing on and what we've been shown I was starting to think we weren't going to get many new characters introduced from the Zuellni side. I mean, they were already attacked by the bugs and no one there beyond Layfon showed any strength whatsoever. But I totally forgot blondie and baldy even existed though, so maybe their introduction will bring in some stronger characters.

willyvereb
2009-02-18, 17:34
Felli being currently the second most powerfull character is just speculation because she's an extremely talented phsichokinesist an very relucant to show her powers, and even with that she can beat that guardian thing that make serious problem for the other guy...
As for Nina and the Filth babies: we didn't see her to kill one but somehow the swarm didn't get into the city until Layfon arrives, so i guess she killed some...She not THAT weak.
As for Felli X Fon-fon: she did the most effort for him but for me it seems that his toughts more fixated about Nina somehow...not that he likes her(no way that early) but attracted to her. In sense the thing what he does now mostly because of Nina's influence...So i think even if Felli has the most scenes with him she got a strong competitor in Nina(and Leerin) even if Nina don't see Layfon in that way...

Momosan
2009-02-18, 18:02
I suppose what I was trying to say was, "There's no reason to rate anyone since everyone is trash compared to Layfon." Obviously the show won't leave them all as trash so until everyone goes through their powerup phase and learn to not be useless there isn't much reason to rate them.

Episode 4 kind of threw me for a loop. The right hand man of the SCP got dominated by some bug replicant but Felli was able to kill it? What's the point of having a military arts division when it's (assumedly) higher ranking members can't even manage bugs which they are familiar with and aware of? I could understand if maybe it was some kind of unexpected occurance but they knew it was there and he was sent alone purposefully. Why send someone to take care of something when they obviously can't do it?

Cinocard
2009-02-18, 18:22
Because Filth monsters are not something they are used to. In Ep5, it feels like it was the first time they've ever had to face a bug attack. And they have zero experience, so the think you talk about isn't so "obvious" either.
As you said, they are quite a bunch of garbage.

I assume you commented on Felli when hadn't watch all of the current Ep yet?

willyvereb
2009-02-18, 18:45
ok..he's talking about the Guardian(tentacle monster) in ep 4...the right hand man of the Chairman was unable to defeat it while Felli somewhat easily...the problem not with Felli's probable superior strenght but with the fact that they're sending in an investigator who can't handle the mess...
I think Felli's "power up" just means that she uses her power more, and she'll only got some kind of power up near the end...
Anyways Felli is the most usefull teammate next to Layfon in the team...her character is quite funny with her "jealusy" and constant anger attacks...

Slick_rick
2009-02-18, 19:01
ok..he's talking about the Guardian(tentacle monster) in ep 4...the right hand man of the Chairman was unable to defeat it while Felli somewhat easily...the problem not with Felli's probable superior strenght but with the fact that they're sending in an investigator who can't handle the mess...
I think Felli's "power up" just means that she uses her power more, and she'll only got some kind of power up near the end...
Anyways Felli is the most usefull teammate next to Layfon in the team...her character is quite funny with her "jealusy" and constant anger attacks...

Well he wasn't sent their to fight the guardian. He said he went to check out if anything dangerous was left in the building before they demolished it. He certainly wasn't expecting to be in such a dangerous situation.

I don't really like or dislike Felli. Seems she more of a comedic side character and fetish fodder for the fans. She doesn't really interest me.

TrueKnight
2009-02-18, 19:26
Episode 4 kind of threw me for a loop. The right hand man of the SCP got dominated by some bug replicant but Felli was able to kill it? What's the point of having a military arts division when it's (assumedly) higher ranking members can't even manage bugs which they are familiar with and aware of? I could understand if maybe it was some kind of unexpected occurance but they knew it was there and he was sent alone purposefully. Why send someone to take care of something when they obviously can't do it?

Yea dude I was pretty dissapointed on this too. I had expectations of Vance from ep 2 where I thought he's going to be a badass but lol moot. I understand Felli was meant to be a genius and all but come on it's the right hand of the president we're talking here and the head of the military arts divisions itself and he's getting owned by a monster within his jurisdiction? Zuellni really needs to reshaped it's military.

Still ep 4 gives us maid and blob Felli so we couldn't actually complain about it.

Master Assassin
2009-02-18, 20:27
IMO, she defeated the thing not by direct hit using her power, but by some sort of a strategic thinking. So even if the guy engaging it before Felli did was the right hand man of the SCP... please let me know if I recalled it wrong... tried to use brute force against it.

Momosan
2009-02-18, 22:14
That's correct Soul Assassin. If I recall correctly they were trying to synthesize bugs to counteract the filth monsters but couldn't control them so they closed the place down. I assume the SCP knew there was still something in there which is why he sent his military arts croney in there to make sure nothing bad would happen. If you MADE the thing you should be well aware of it's capabilities. It makes no sense to send ineffective combat units to patrol hostile areas. It also makes no sense that Felli would be assigned to one of the worst squads yet be more capable than people who lead the division she's assigned to. I find it hard to believe Zuellni could have survived to this point when every single encounter a MA unit has with a filth monster results in complete failure.

Really, a more accurate representation of power would be:

1) Layfon
2) Gravity
3) Felli

While I do enjoy Felli's character... I get the feeling that half the people in this topic expect her to be shooting laser beams out of her eyes by the end of the series.

TrueKnight
2009-02-18, 22:31
2) Gravity

lol lol don't forget about 'weight'. It affects the force of gravity.

margafred
2009-02-19, 02:36
That's correct Soul Assassin. If I recall correctly they were trying to synthesize bugs to counteract the filth monsters but couldn't control them so they closed the place down. I assume the SCP knew there was still something in there which is why he sent his military arts croney in there to make sure nothing bad would happen. If you MADE the thing you should be well aware of it's capabilities. It makes no sense to send ineffective combat units to patrol hostile areas. It also makes no sense that Felli would be assigned to one of the worst squads yet be more capable than people who lead the division she's assigned to. I find it hard to believe Zuellni could have survived to this point when every single encounter a MA unit has with a filth monster results in complete failure.
You forgot 3 important points here
- SCP didn't made that thing..that project was started 30 years before the present time.
- Monster don't straight become an adult after they're born.We're talking about 30 years period here.
- Also its original purpose was to counter filth monsters outside Regios.

The monster that they saw inside the building i believed was an adult/mature form,most likely different from its form 30 years ago.After such a long period of time,the monster grew up to its adult form,so did its strength and power.What SCP and Vance expected was probably a leftover from that laboratory,probably a monster larvae or some kind of life form that they could handle,but they never expected it to be a monster in adult form.

And since its original purpose was to counter filth monsters,its strength should at least be near or in par with the filth monsters outside Regios.We all knew how strong filth monsters are as shown in episode 5,and it was kinda pointless to name it a guardian monster if its strength couldn't even match the strength of a filth monster.Even for Vance,he wouldn't stand a chance against a failed guardian monster with a strength like a filth monster,even if its was originally created in Zuellni.

Now why Felli could defeat it and Vance couldn't?My theory about it is because,probably the monster didn't eat anything for like 30 years..which reduced its strength by alot,but still enough to send Vance fly.However with such weak body,there's no way a monster could stand a huge rock hitting them from above?Being slashed by a sword,and being hit by a large rock/boulder are 2 different things...and obviously falling rock does more damage than a slashing sword...i guess? :heh:

Well that's just what i thought about it anyway.

While I do enjoy Felli's character... I get the feeling that half the people in this topic expect her to be shooting laser beams out of her eyes by the end of the series.
No i don't expect her to beam a laser.I just expect her to do something moe...or at least an onsen/beach episode...or a romantic date with Fon fon at least :love:

Aznbanana
2009-02-21, 05:26
I loveee Felli so much.. oooommm gggg the frilllllssss FRILLLLSSSSSSS ARE SO KAWAIIIII AHHH#$@#$! and the lolinesssss and the long white hair and omg @_@ she's so cool. K fanboyism off now.

Kinku
2009-02-23, 01:57
lol if Felli could use her flower petals like how Byakuya Kuchiki use his in his banki than she would be the most powerful character in the show...;)

Master Assassin
2009-02-23, 02:18
lol if Felli could use her flower petals like how Byakuya Kuchiki use his in his banki than she would be the most powerful character in the show...;)

She is able to user her powers to that extent. Although she has her limits to her own power. If you get to watch episode 7 later on you'll notice she went to her limits in using her power and fainted.

Also not to mention that her abilities are more centered on surveillance and/or reconnaissance, and to blow up stuff like what she did in episode 4.

Kinku
2009-02-23, 03:02
I dont think she could summon like million petals at once like Byakuya Kuchiki ... either way maybe if she use a more powerful dite maybe she can do more

Master Assassin
2009-02-23, 04:20
I think the problem isn't her dite. It's fine enough.

It's Felli herself... "Well, Felli-chan, looks like you need to train more don't you?" <<-- failed imitation of Sharnid

*SA gets a blast of Felli's psychic petals attack*

willyvereb
2009-02-23, 06:09
Not to mention that Even if she can use them as Byakuya does it's not too helpfull because Even Layfon have problems hurting a stronger Filth Monster...
Perhaps agains "soft targets" maybe pretty usable XD

Kinku
2009-02-23, 12:08
reason i said her dite a problem because it doesnt shoot out like million petals... or so.

Master Assassin
2009-02-23, 12:34
I said it already why...

To be frank, she doesn't need that many petals.

JediNight
2009-02-25, 01:53
I'm a few episodes behind, but I just wanted to say that it's nice to see a character like Felli in a show. "Mysterious Dark Beauty" as you will. The "quiet mysterious girl" isn't that uncommon of course, but when adding in her odd cute behavior with the occasional brooding and her design, comes off quite well.

<3 Nazono-shoujo types...

GreenLama
2009-03-04, 21:42
As I mentioned in the episode #4 thread, I am really becoming attatched to Felli, along with Tear from Tales of the Abyss she is becoming my favorite female character. I hope they showcase more of her un upcoming episodes, I'm only on episode 5 myself so I don't know if they already have, but I sure hope so. I wonder how old she is and what he whole backstory is as to why she ended up at the academy.......?

willyvereb
2009-03-05, 08:58
She's officialy 17(most propably not a while ago because she one grade higher than Layfon), She's Karian Loss's brother so i guess she came from the same place(Grendan...but a long time ago...Karian Loss was the white haired kid in the roaming bus in the flashback of ep 1[where the 3 Heaven Blades killed the monster]).
Why she ended up here? It's somehow a mystery for now...

MrTerrorist
2009-03-05, 12:31
She's officialy 17(most propably not a while ago because she one grade higher than Layfon), She's Karian Loss's brother so i guess she came from the same place(Grendan...but a long time ago...Karian Loss was the white haired kid in the roaming bus in the flashback of ep 1[where the 3 Heaven Blades killed the monster]).
Why she ended up here? It's somehow a mystery for now...

That wasn't Grendan, it was just another Regios. Grendan was far away from Karian's Regios when the 3 Heavens Blade came to the rescue the people and the Queen and the other Heavens Blade were watching them from Grendan.

Tjaard
2009-03-05, 14:18
Lately many want know the age of the chara so see this on the main site and you know it
http://f.imagehost.org/0427/chara.jpg
Isn't a spoiler but well... xDD

PS: The Queen surely fake her age lol

KK1412
2009-03-08, 03:42
lol ah the age difference..... Romance worst enemy

margafred
2009-03-08, 03:49
Love is blind dude :heh:

So from that image,the 3 girls and Leerin would most likely fit to be together with Layfon.Unless if Layfon prefer older girls,then Nina and Felli would be the most suitable candidates.

As for the queen...leave her out."Older girl" just don't fit her despite of that fake age :heh:

FireDetei
2009-03-08, 11:44
2 years is hardly enough to be considered an older women surely!?! i mean yes, factorily they would be but cummon.

JediNight
2009-03-08, 14:50
She's using her Kei to appear 19 years old (even that's debatable ... she looks more like 25)

margafred
2009-03-08, 14:58
http://www.amgakuin.co.jp/contents/regios/img/image/img45.gif

I wish there's a larger version of this Miss Zuellni Contest image.. >"<

But the image itself speak the truth haha...i wonder if the girl on the left is Leerin..

willyvereb
2009-03-08, 15:44
I think Felli could never win a modern beuty contest(even if it's a fair one), beecause of her somewhat childish body and expressionless face...but perhaps Regios is an anime set in a future fantasy world...

Question: Felli can use Kei? If yes then at least on a level of a rookie military artists? Or the Nen-i just a special form of Kei and it can be used on the same way as Kei?
Because i have a feeling that Felli's almost defensless in combat(i mean avoiding to get hurt...everyone knows that she had offensive capabilities).

JediNight
2009-03-08, 16:32
So Felli just needs Sinola to teach her how to use disguise Kei? ;)

Master Assassin
2009-03-08, 17:11
http://www.amgakuin.co.jp/contents/regios/img/image/img45.gif

I wish there's a larger version of this Miss Zuellni Contest image.. >"<

But the image itself speak the truth haha...i wonder if the girl on the left is Leerin..

Yes, yes, she is Leerin.

Now you're also making me request for a larger one! :O

GreenLama
2009-03-08, 17:19
There is something about Felli's blankness that add's to her beauty, it's hard to explain but she has an aura about her. I am not a huge supporter of "fan service" but in Felli's case, maybe just one bikini or shower scene would be cool ;)

willyvereb
2009-03-08, 18:18
Bikini? Shower? Felli's not the type of girl where it's realy rewarding to see something like that. A class Zettai Ryukien(absolute zone) is another matter as the cute/elegant dresses. She hardly considered sexy but absolutely can be called beutyfull. The only case when a showder/bikini scene good with her to get funny/cute moment(some to mention: childish swimsuit[bears!], inferiority complex, emberassing scenes), but not for the classical "fan service"(frills way better for that purpose).
As i mentioned she's cause of her height and somewhat dolllike appearance she's close to be called Felli-chan or even Felli-tan(i think the people close to her would call her in that manner if Felli would not kill them for it:P)

KK1412
2009-03-09, 10:27
The only romance I could possibly see here in Felli,Leerin and that one shy girl, there is an age difference between Layfon and Nina I know Felli is older than Layfon as well but she's not that far from his age. Felli is ok cause of her loliness :heh:

I would seriously love to know what other anime males that are 15 years old that made a successful relationship with an 18 year old female.

Master Assassin
2009-03-09, 10:53
I would seriously love to know what other anime males that are 15 years old that made a successful relationship with an 18 year old female.

*cough*KamijyouTouma*cough* :heh:

No matter how I see it, I can read the quote like this:

I would seriously love to know what other anime males that are teenagers that made a successful relationship with a "more than a decade/century/millenium" years old female.

Which is, way too many ^^;;

The "absurdity" of anime is so limitless! That's what they call "love is blind, it goes beyond races, ages etc" :heh:

willyvereb
2009-03-09, 11:30
The list is quite short,because most of the animes are oversensitive in terms of romance(usually:mutual kiss=victory for the girl in romance, "I protect you"="I love you", 2-4 years age difference: too old...and so on)
I mean the looks...because even Horo the Wise look like a 16 year old girl(or i can even mention bunch of other supernatural being with the looks of a teen). Ok in that sense Nina don't seem for me older than Layfon.

Layfon is nowhere near to actively seek for a girlfriend so and that's why there's a change of roles: the older girl/woman tries to get the younger guy(while it's the opposite in normal cases).
Not to mention that in the World of regios Layfon and Nina is an unniversity student too(and i think the age of maturity in the world of regios either 15 or 21...so before the university or after it Nina and Layfon at the same age cathegory.)

KK1412
2009-03-09, 12:06
The list is quite short,because most of the animes are oversensitive in terms of romance(usually:mutual kiss=victory for the girl in romance, "I protect you"="I love you", 2-4 years age difference: too old...and so on)
I mean the looks...because even Horo the Wise look like a 16 year old girl(or i can even mention bunch of other supernatural being with the looks of a teen). Ok in that sense Nina don't seem for me older than Layfon.

Layfon is nowhere near to actively seek for a girlfriend so and that's why there's a change of roles: the older girl/woman tries to get the younger guy(while it's the opposite in normal cases).
Not to mention that in the World of regios Layfon and Nina is an unniversity student too(and i think the age of maturity in the world of regios either 15 or 21...so before the university or after it Nina and Layfon at the same age cathegory.)

Lol that deduction only applies on younger females that are attracted to older males, which in anime seems to always work best

*cough*KamijyouTouma*cough* :heh:

No matter how I see it, I can read the quote like this:

Which is, way too many ^^;;

The "absurdity" of anime is so limitless! That's what they call "love is blind, it goes beyond races, ages etc" :heh:

Touma from To Aru Majutsushi no Index?.....whaaatt.......

willyvereb
2009-03-09, 12:23
Anyways it's funny that at least we talk about something that not about Felli...the opposite (speaking about Felli in a non-Felli thread) happens more often.

As someone suggested: technicaly there's a bunch of cases where the older girl attracted to the younger guy. The tipical example is Horo from the Spice and Wolf...
I think in Touma's case they meant Kanzaki and Index(she remained unchanged for 3 years at least...so she's at least 20-30 despite her looks)
Or here's Kuro from Kurokami.
It doesn't matter a lot that Nina 2-3 Years older(somewhere beetween it) and felli 1-2 years older if their way of thinking is compatible. I think it's proved both in Felli's and Nina's case.(Actually we don't even sense that Nina is 18 while Layfon is 15...same with Felli)

Wargumm1i
2009-03-09, 12:26
Anyways it's funny that at least we talk about something that not about Felli...the opposite (speaking about Felli in a non-Felli thread) happens more often.

Well thats because it can be hard to talk about the subject for exemple Felli when there is so little to talk about other than admire.

JediNight
2009-03-09, 14:49
In order for them to progress in any relationship, they need to be able to open up to each other -- something Layfon was hesitant to do. It's just that Felli does it with a light touch (well, except for the shin kicking hehe), while Nina would just as soon beat it out of him ;)

Master Assassin
2009-03-09, 18:49
Touma from To Aru Majutsu no Index?.....whaaatt.......

I'm not kidding by the way. :cool:

Although it's more towards a case of "Oh noes I triggered yet another flag."

In order for them to progress in any relationship, they need to be able to open up to each other -- something Layfon was hesitant to do. It's just that Felli does it with a light touch (well, except for the shin kicking hehe), while Nina would just as soon beat it out of him

Luckily Layfon isn't hesitant in replying for a talk whenever any of the characters want to talk to him (except for sensitive issues) - however, unluckily as well, whenever he talks to them he seems to unconsciously gains plus points from them... :heh:

... and I guess he'll realize he has gathered way too many plus points too late. Not to mention he seems to pick up very, very big plus points with Felli whenever he chats with her. Not sure how to compare it with the others though. :rolleyes:

Wargumm1i
2009-03-09, 19:21
Is it me or is the first person Layfon became friends with and trusts the most in Zuellni is Felli?

GreenLama
2009-03-09, 19:57
Is it me or is the first person Layfon became friends with and trusts the most in Zuellni is Felli?

I remember that if was Felli that Layfon became friends with first, lol it was only 9 episodes ago but it seems like a lifetime since then.....

TrueKnight
2009-03-10, 00:06

He trusted her in terms of skillz. From Felli's side her charater grew due to her frequent interactions with Fon-fon and finally develop a crush and affection on him. The problem is from Fon-fon that he has yet to realize it. Goddamn.

AvianWing
2009-03-10, 03:35
He trusted her in terms of skillz. From Felli's side her charater grew due to her frequent interactions with Fon-fon and finally develop a crush and affection on him. The problem is from Fon-fon that he has yet to realize it. Goddamn.

Right, that is why in episode 8 he had to double check with his strings.

Despite all his fancy words about companionship and his affable front. I do not think Layfon will trust anyone anytime soon, at least not in Zuellni. They are simply pathetic in terms of combat strength, and how they managed to avoid all the filth monsters is beyond me.

Yet, the reverse is not true. In episode 7, Nina trusted Layfon and set herself up as a bait.

With that said, I do think this will affect Layfon's lone wolf type of attitude. However, as much as I love Felli, I don't think she will be the catalyst. Yes, she is much more intimate than Nina when it comes to conversations, but so far Layfon's words are pretty empty: 17th platoon teamwork, following captain's order, blahblah, let me own this up for you guys.

TrueKnight
2009-03-10, 04:27
Right, that is why in episode 8 he had to double check with his strings.

He trusted Felli enough to give him full surveillance on the area in ep 5. He admitted that his action in ep 8 is bad habit, but I believe he fully realizes Felli potential because if not he would’ve solo-ed the bug single-handedly in ep 5. Besides, Felli is a nen-I user who’s meant to do recon, intelligence, surveillance includes scanning the whole area. Layfon’s mostly a kei user who’s meant nuking his surroundings. What’s nuke without a radar to guide it lol.

Despite all his fancy words about companionship and his affable front. I do not think Layfon will trust anyone anytime soon, at least not in Zuellni. They are simply pathetic in terms of combat strength, and how they managed to avoid all the filth monsters is beyond me.

Yet, the reverse is not true. In episode 7, Nina trusted Layfon and set herself up as a bait.

He trusted Felli as I stated above and actually he did trust Nina enough to let her act as bait for Fon-fon . If not Fon-fon would’ve forced himself fighting the dragon-bug until he’s barehanded.

He admitted himself that he’s not used for teamwork and always worked alone in ep 7. But he somehow changed as proven in ep 5 where he ask for Felli’s help, ep 7 where he trusted Nina as bait, and ep 8 where he alone acted as bait (an extremely powerful one lol) while Nina charged for the flag. It’s teamwork.

With that said, I do think this will affect Layfon's lone wolf type of attitude. However, as much as I love Felli, I don't think she will be the catalyst. Yes, she is much more intimate than Nina when it comes to conversations, but so far Layfon's words are pretty empty: 17th platoon teamwork, following captain's order, blahblah, let me own this up for you guys.

He’s a complete retard in terms of romance. Most of us here in the CSR thread realized that. What’s worse is he acted with good faith being a good guy unconsciously resulting some of the girls fell for him which I believe, even Fon-fon himself didn’t realize it.

Yes including Felli who officially joins his harem in ep 9 after hints from ep 3, 4, 6, 7, 8.

Ah Fon-fon you stupid stud.

willyvereb
2009-03-10, 05:11
Actually Felli joined to the Harem since ep 2. If for someone the almost happening "kiss at sleep" scene not enough then i don't know what.
Layfon's "harem progression":
Ep1: Leerin, Meishen
Ep2: Felli, faint Nina vibes starting
Ep6: faint Narki vibes
Ep7: Nina, Narki vibes again
Ep8-9:Miss of Narki vibes(possibly Narki don't join the harem)

Narona
2009-03-12, 21:49
Fon-Fon seems to be the only one that can make her smile. She also smiled in the ep9 (and blushed).

She already seems to care for him. She also seems jaelous ( ? ) about Leerin. And even asked to herself "why she was hiding the letter".

She's so cute XD

Traece
2009-03-12, 21:59
It would seem that Layfon spends more time with Felli than anyone else to me. He has meaningful conversations with her frequently, which isn't something that can be said for anybody else. Just like Narona says, there's that bit about Felli's smile which nobody has seen, except for Layfon. She only smiles when she's around Layfon. :D

I'd say that even if he didn't really trust Felli, she would be the first he did trust. As far as the trust thing goes, I'd also say that Layfon really isn't as distrusting as he is secretive. He just prefers to keep aspects of his previous life to himself.

Narona
2009-03-12, 22:12
It would seem that Layfon spends more time with Felli than anyone else to me. He has meaningful conversations with her frequently, which isn't something that can be said for anybody else. Just like Narona says, there's that bit about Felli's smile which nobody has seen, except for Layfon. She only smiles when she's around Layfon. :D

I'd say that even if he didn't really trust Felli, she would be the first he did trust. As far as the trust thing goes, I'd also say that Layfon really isn't as distrusting as he is secretive. He just prefers to keep aspects of his previous life to himself.
I think it's just an impression. Nina spent as much time with him, I think. But more scenes had romantic hints when it comes to Felli. The guy seems dumb when it comes to romance (he is just 15 after all), but Felli seems to fall in love with him little by little. And so, more time they spend together, more she trusts him and doesn't hide her feelings. Example, she smiles to him.

Felly said that he is a Liar XD mainly for not talking about Leerin XD

Because Mother#2 made me do it.

Bad son for reporting that <.<

*spanks Traece*

Wargumm1i
2009-03-13, 03:12
I wonder what Felliīs reaction will be, when she meets Leerin. If they are going to have Leerin go too meet Layfon.

sinner0
2009-03-13, 06:41

As someone suggested: technicaly there's a bunch of cases where the older girl attracted to the younger guy. The tipical example is Horo from the Spice and Wolf...
I think in Touma's case they meant Kanzaki and Index(she remained unchanged for 3 years at least...so she's at least 20-30 despite her looks)
Or here's Kuro from Kurokami.
It doesn't matter a lot that Nina 2-3 Years older(somewhere beetween it) and felli 1-2 years older if their way of thinking is compatible. I think it's proved both in Felli's and Nina's case.(Actually we don't even sense that Nina is 18 while Layfon is 15...same with Felli)

...Don't forget about Mahou Sensei Negima. A mere 10 year old boy, already have harem. And 99% of his harem is older than him.

I have a question about Felli. The sniper guy (forgot the name) said that those who have telepathy rarely show emotion. So will showing emotion affect her power?

TrueKnight
2009-03-13, 07:23
Felli's affection to Layfon -> Felli smiles -> Using her powers -> Support the team -> More power. Her smiles made her stronger.

GreenLama
2009-03-13, 07:31
Felli's affection to Layfon -> Felli smiles -> Using her powers -> Support the team -> More power. Her smiles made her stronger.

Definatly agreed. Over the course of the first few episodes I was wondering "What the hell is up with this cute but always monotone white haired chick?!?!", but lately she has shown a whole lot of character and she does little things that make you begin to love her character. I am so pulling for a Layfon/Felli romance, but I am sure it will end up being Layfon/Leerin......

TrueKnight
2009-03-13, 07:42
but I am sure it will end up being Layfon/Leerin......

Infidel, the nerve to type this here.

GreenLama
2009-03-13, 08:24
Infidel, the nerve to type this here.

I know, I know, it's a sin within the Felli thread, lol. I am pulling for Felli, she is without a doubt my favorite female in the series and quite possibly all of anime at the moment, but I have a gut feeling Leerin is going to win over Layfon.

JediNight
2009-03-13, 15:31
I don't think we can really say. Most of the show so far hasn't focused on her, or being within Layfon. And historically the childhood friend-types rarely end up with the guy. The "no choice" end is more likely even...

Skyfall
2009-03-13, 15:37
I don't think we can really say. Most of the show so far hasn't focused on her, or being within Layfon. And historically the childhood friend-types rarely end up with the guy. The "no choice" end is more likely even...

Actually, historically the "childhood friend types" win more often than not. Yes, there was a count done, though i am not up for finding it right now :)

That aside though, i am generally not expecting the romance of Regios to go anywhere. Layfon does seem to be somewhat comfortable around Felli, and if Leerin ever enters the fray things might get more fired up on the romance front, but overall i am not expecting anything conclusive. If i had to place my bets, it would be like either Felli or Leerin, but overall i would be very surprised if got anything conclusive in terms of romance here. Given the characterization, this doesn't seem the type of show to pull that off .... sadly.

TrueKnight
2009-03-13, 21:45
This show is one of the rare example of shonen series where the hero got kissed right from the start by a cute chick. Afterwards being introduced with pretty hotblooded chick, cute monotone looking loli and moe who's fallen in love at first sight with the hero. There's bound to be romance from the start although it may only represent around 1/4 or 1/3 or 1/2 of the overall show, but latter is probably unlikely lol.

Yeah Felli is the one Layfon's most comfortable with when talking while in Zuellni. People been wondering Layfon didn't open up to Nina that much which was why he deserved to be bashed or questioned. It makes you wonder why Layfon open up only to Felli instead of Nina judging the events of ep 9, huh?

justinstrife
2009-03-13, 21:58
Maybe because Felli hasn't tried to force her ideals on him or boss him around.

Narona
2009-03-13, 22:10

They share some similarities. Like the fact that they both search a path, a goal to build their future.

Wargumm1i
2009-03-14, 04:51
I cant even express how huge of a Felli fan I am :D

I mean when you look at Felli its like MOOOEEEEEEE, please step on me.

(Wargumm1) <--------- was just reading To-Love-Ru ch 140 :P

GreenLama
2009-03-14, 08:13

Felli need's to stop kicking Layfon, it's becoming redundant and is no longer funny and Layfon is going to think she is abusive and not worth being with due to bruises and having to take pain killers.....hehe.

TrueKnight
2009-03-14, 10:33
Maybe because Felli hasn't tried to force her ideals on him

Heh, unfortunately she did try. She wanted him to be more like her, keep a low profile or show plain ignorance instead of being used. But Fon-fon being a nice guy he is just couldn’t do that and kept using his powers to help people. This somehow created a doubt within her and influenced her to follow Fon-fon’s example. Its what I like about her, she changed from selfish into finally helping people. All because of Fon-fon’s influence, and she finally learned to smile and she show it when she’s only around him.

She called him idiot at the first time, but she didn’t try to stop him, but rather went along and accepted Fon-fon’s way of thinking in a subtle way, resulting her to change and develop as well. Basically she’s open minded about Fon-fon ideals. But recently kinda pissed because he hid it from her instead consult with her about it.

Felli need's to stop kicking Layfon, it's becoming redundant and is no longer funny and Layfon is going to think she is abusive and not worth being with due to bruises and having to take pain killers.....hehe.

I agree. Poor Fon-fon keep getting kicked and abused. But I kinda understand why she did it, she just couldn’t show her emotion enough through words or expressions which was why she went the ‘abusive’ way. I trust Fon-fon realize this as well and that’s why he let her do it at some times, he did it for her sake. As long as Fon-fon don’t mind about it, who are we to complain lol.

justinstrife
2009-03-14, 12:12
Heh, unfortunately she did try. She wanted him to be more like her, keep a low profile or show plain ignorance instead of being used. But Fon-fon being a nice guy he is just couldnít do that and kept using his powers to help people. This somehow created a doubt within her and influenced her to follow Fon-fonís example. Its what I like about her, she changed from selfish into finally helping people. All because of Fon-fonís influence, and she finally learned to smile and she show it when sheís only around him.

I disagree. I don't believe she's ever tried to force her ideals on him. She expected him to understand as she thought they were very similar and then was surprised when they weren't, but has been very quick to accept how he is, and has been changing herself since the first time they met.

She's far different from Nina on how they've interacted with Layfon and how they've treated him.

TrueKnight
2009-03-14, 13:15
She expected him to understand as she thought they were very similar and then was surprised when they weren't

Hmm interesting, after doing some quick thinking on this matter, I suppose I agree with this statement.

Back then she only exposed her situation to him, and thought he would somehow understand as she considered him to be similar as she is. Subsequently she expected, desired or wished him to follow her example and not showing their exceptional talent to anyone, these were her initial thoughts. When he did the opposite, she was disappointed and expressed this to Layfon but that’s just it, only an act and signs of disappointment from her side. No further action was initiated by her in order to change his way of thinking (unless of course, her ‘signs of disappointment’ could be taken or read by Layfon as a signal or heed to change, then it could be categorized as a pre-emptive ‘indirect force’, which I doubt considering how dumb he is). But afterwards, she’s basically just watching him, saying him ‘idiot’ and all that stuff but she tag along nevertheless. And during this time it was her that was affected by his way of thinking to help others, started from a plead from him to help him using her powers, into finally she herself using it by her own freewill.

No signs of force or pressure or coerce were present. Of course this assumed if such signs of pressure or coerce was or seen as ‘direct’, if ‘indirect’ it’s probably a different matter altogether.

But overall I agree that there are no ‘force’ elements/factors were present from Felli back then.

Bonta Kun
2009-03-14, 15:24
the only forcing I can think of is what name she wants Fon-Fon to call her:heh:

or put more precisely forcing him to drop the "sempai"

that I don't mind at all:D

GreenLama
2009-03-14, 21:33
Heh, unfortunately she did try. She wanted him to be more like her, keep a low profile or show plain ignorance instead of being used. But Fon-fon being a nice guy he is just couldnít do that and kept using his powers to help people. This somehow created a doubt within her and influenced her to follow Fon-fonís example. Its what I like about her, she changed from selfish into finally helping people. All because of Fon-fonís influence, and she finally learned to smile and she show it when sheís only around him.

She called him idiot at the first time, but she didnít try to stop him, but rather went along and accepted Fon-fonís way of thinking in a subtle way, resulting her to change and develop as well. Basically sheís open minded about Fon-fon ideals. But recently kinda pissed because he hid it from her instead consult with her about it.

I agree. Poor Fon-fon keep getting kicked and abused. But I kinda understand why she did it, she just couldnít show her emotion enough through words or expressions which was why she went the Ďabusiveí way. I trust Fon-fon realize this as well and thatís why he let her do it at some times, he did it for her sake. As long as Fon-fon donít mind about it, who are we to complain lol.

It reminds me of being a kid and throwing stuff at this girl in 2nd grade that I liked, man those were the days (1986 maybe). I hope she builds the courage to say something to him before it's too late, but I agree, Fon-Fon probably knows she has something deep in there for him.....

Narona
2009-03-14, 23:04
It seems that we will get some nice Felli/fon-fon interactions each week :3

TrueKnight
2009-03-15, 06:46
Felli's officially Fon-fon's consort....or is it the opposite? This week in ep 10 we have her subdue Fon-fon for the ## times and while it's cute its getting way out of control. But damn even thogh Fon-fon complains he doesn't have the nerve to scold her or something, well I guess she care for her too much to hurt her feelings and given his pretty laid back nature.

Yeah Fon-fon and Felli are definitely an item. ;)

justinstrife
2009-03-15, 13:24
Hmm interesting, after doing some quick thinking on this matter, I suppose I agree with this statement.

Back then she only exposed her situation to him, and thought he would somehow understand as she considered him to be similar as she is. Subsequently she expected, desired or wished him to follow her example and not showing their exceptional talent to anyone, these were her initial thoughts. When he did the opposite, she was disappointed and expressed this to Layfon but thatís just it, only an act and signs of disappointment from her side. No further action was initiated by her in order to change his way of thinking (unless of course, her Ďsigns of disappointmentí could be taken or read by Layfon as a signal or heed to change, then it could be categorized as a pre-emptive Ďindirect forceí, which I doubt considering how dumb he is). But afterwards, sheís basically just watching him, saying him Ďidiotí and all that stuff but she tag along nevertheless. And during this time it was her that was affected by his way of thinking to help others, started from a plead from him to help him using her powers, into finally she herself using it by her own freewill.

No signs of force or pressure or coerce were present. Of course this assumed if such signs of pressure or coerce was or seen as Ďdirectí, if Ďindirectí itís probably a different matter altogether.

But overall I agree that there are no Ďforceí elements/factors were present from Felli back then.

I'm usually too lazy to write out posts like yours. Your response to my post though, mirrors my thoughts almost exactly. Nice to know there's other people out there willing to go into detail what I say and think. :heh:

More bonus points for Felli thanks to this topic. :p

Manji Midou
2009-03-15, 13:35

No, no ... it's because she's abusive with him and forces him to spill the beans on everything. felli is far worse then nina, because unlike nina she is a short tempered, worthless loli who hits him when he hides things from her (case in point leerin)

l'd rather be in constant arguments with an attractive captain then waste my time on a abusive, worthless, useless loli.

willyvereb
2009-03-15, 14:47
Felli is far from useless...but she sure selfish, spoiled, arogant, have a tendency to jaelusy.
But she's got good points: intelligent, somehow understŪanding or not instantly jumping to conclusions,have good heart inside, the long silver hair, the frills(ok the last two aren't about her personality:P)

But, she sure not the absolute beuty as some fans saying: For example her face more like a little girls'(minus the emotions).
For her to win the miss Zuelni contest sure means that it was the SCP's doing:P(or the people of Zelni have a way different method chosing the girls...cause classicaly it's not only about the face but the figure too[160-170cm of height and C-cup at least for example])
About Felli X Fon-fon:
more episodes last more like relationship with Shana/Louise/Taiga with their "loved ones"(sure sometimes i have to say that unlucky victims:P) ...the only thing differs that she don't have the absolute lead in terms of romance as the former girls(and at least Felli's not childish).

justinstrife
2009-03-15, 15:17
No, no ... it's because she's abusive with him and forces him to spill the beans on everything. felli is far worse then nina, because unlike nina she is a short tempered, worthless loli who hits him when he hides things from her (case in point leerin)

l'd rather be in constant arguments with an attractive captain then waste my time on a abusive, worthless, useless loli.

Ahh but see I view Felli as a cute little sister so I let her get away with things like that. :heh:

Nina on the other hand... Well I won't say anymore, as I fear I might be put on a vacation unwillingly.

Tjaard
2009-03-15, 15:42
Ahh but see I view Felli as a cute little sister so I let her get away with things like that. :heh:

Nina on the other hand... Well I won't say anymore, as I fear I might be put on a vacation unwillingly.

I think that the only cure big sister is Leerin :heh:
I quote willyvereb, Felli is far from useless or worthless, moreover because this is a shounen anime, probably the only useless chara are chara as Mei or Leerin(for now).
But surely don't compare Felli with chara as Shana/Louise/Taiga, because yeah, she's pretty selfish and spoiled, but isn't abusive at that level; surely she kick layfon, but if you remember she did the same thing to the fridge, her brother and at the her favorite place to vent his anger (that's her only method for express her disappointment, anger, ecc).
For the beauty contest well, you know that many ppl have their preference :heh:
Surely she have a little body, but i don't think that is so childish, so for me isn't totally a loli (a semi-loli)lol

justinstrife
2009-03-15, 15:53
It's hard to view Leerin as a sister anything after that kiss in episode 1....

Wargumm1i
2009-03-15, 16:05

Indeed, but its also understandable that people view her as an sister type since she was always taking care of children below 6-8 years old.

Tjaard
2009-03-15, 16:37

Layfon lived with her many years at the orphanage, probably since he was a child, therefore is natural to think of the people there like his own family, his old master as a sort of father, leerin as a sort of big sister, and the other children as little brothers or sisters, this is normal for someone who has lived in an orphanage.
But surely for Leerin this sort of relationship isn't enough, but for i think that this is the situation for Layfon :heh:

justinstrife
2009-03-15, 20:26
Layfon lived with her many years at the orphanage, probably since he was a child, therefore is natural to think of the people there like his own family, his old master as a sort of father, leerin as a sort of big sister, and the other children as little brothers or sisters, this is normal for someone who has lived in an orphanage.
But surely for Leerin this sort of relationship isn't enough, but for i think that this is the situation for Layfon :heh:

That may have been true in the past, but once the kiss happened, that changes everything. Even if Layfon doesn't view her as a romantic interest, the kiss still is going to have a different impact on him, and she'll be taken out of the sister picture and looked at differently. He's 15 years old for crying out loud. Even if his hormones are being channeled towards combat and killing stuff, he's still got the other side creeping up on him, and that kiss is the closest he's had to a sexual experience.

Master Assassin
2009-03-15, 21:03
Surely she have a little body, but i don't think that is so childish, so for me isn't totally a loli (a semi-loli)lol

Heh...

True loli? I think if anyone wants to think of a true loli in this series, I wonder if Zuellni (the Electronic Fairy) comes to mind. Anyone? :D

Tjaard
2009-03-16, 05:52
That may have been true in the past, but once the kiss happened, that changes everything. Even if Layfon doesn't view her as a romantic interest, the kiss still is going to have a different impact on him, and she'll be taken out of the sister picture and looked at differently. He's 15 years old for crying out loud. Even if his hormones are being channeled towards combat and killing stuff, he's still got the other side creeping up on him, and that kiss is the closest he's had to a sexual experience.

We don't know if someone else has ever kissed him before xDD
And i don't think that a kiss change something for Layfon (you know, think to it as a goodbye kiss) lol

justinstrife
2009-03-16, 11:03
We don't know if someone else has ever kissed him before xDD
And i don't think that a kiss change something for Layfon (you know, think to it as a goodbye kiss) lol

Considering the world they live in and the life he's lived up to this point, I HIGHLY doubt it.

And a goodbye kiss isn't full on mouth to mouth with possible tongue. :p

Tjaard
2009-03-16, 14:01
Considering the world they live in and the life he's lived up to this point, I HIGHLY doubt it.

And a goodbye kiss isn't full on mouth to mouth with possible tongue. :p

When you've a pervert queen all is possible lol
And yeah, i think that a goodbye kiss can be mouth to mouth (surely without tongue):heh:

Narona
2009-03-18, 10:04
And yeah, i think that a goodbye kiss can be mouth to mouth (surely without tongue):heh:

A goodbye kiss can be mouth to mouth only if you have romantic feelings toward the other person :p

Don't tell me you kiss all your friends that had to left your town like that xD

Tjaard
2009-03-18, 10:37
No, but long ago I did it probably for something of less importance lol
But, yeah surely is how Narona said for Leerin, but for Layfon i don't know xDD

Natsuki Hyuga
2009-03-18, 10:49
Hey, hey! This is a Felli thread dearies, not the romance or Leerin's thread~! XD

To go back to track, I'm still waiting for the swimsuited Felli in next episode. Even though her loliness (of some sort) were there, I'm really, really gonna be in love with next episodes lolz XD

Tjaard
2009-03-18, 12:26
I want see the pool scene and laugh when I see her with the donut (lifebuoy ring) xDD

Bonta Kun
2009-03-18, 13:49
I want see the pool scene and laugh when I see her with the donut (lifebuoy ring) xDD

I too want to see that but instead of laughing I'll probably squeal like a little girl ~KKYYYYAAAAAAA~:D

TrueKnight
2009-03-18, 14:53
Haha, Felli should use this chance to actually see if Fon-fon's into lolis..... But damn she's facing fierce competitions from Nina and Mei, who are not actually bad either, but rather....appealing?

aesthetic
2009-03-18, 19:10
Hey, hey! This is a Felli thread dearies, not the romance or Leerin's thread~! XD

To go back to track, I'm still waiting for the swimsuited Felli in next episode. Even though her loliness (of some sort) were there, I'm really, really gonna be in love with next episodes lolz XD

i can't wait to see Felli like that! :P
come to think of it.. i can't wait for the whole next epi! XD

Narona
2009-03-19, 08:22
I was reading the Missing Mail manga, and even if I suppose ( ? ) that it is not canon at all, I can't help but prefer Felli's personnality in Missing mail.

I like the anime too, but in MM, it's just too good for the Felli fangirl I am :p

TrueKnight
2009-03-19, 09:12
Missing Mail Felli is alot more expressive about her feelings which was why its fun watching her and Fon-fon is the one that made her like that, I guess the problem is also she's selfish and possesive on Fon-fon when they're not even going out yet lol....well imo anyway.

GreenLama
2009-03-19, 21:18
Missing Mail Felli is alot more expressive about her feelings which was why its fun watching her and Fon-fon is the one that made her like that, I guess the problem is also she's selfish and possesive on Fon-fon when they're not even going out yet lol....well imo anyway.

I am seeing this trend as well, hehe. Felli is DEFINATLY possessive of Layfon!

SageGaiGar
2009-03-20, 14:42
Swimsuits should give us a chance to see how loli she is (or isn't:naughty:)

Master Assassin
2009-03-20, 20:00
Swimsuits should give us a chance to see how loli she is (or isn't:naughty:)

I bet she isn't.

Unless if people insist "anything smaller than a B/C is a loli!" :rolleyes:

SageGaiGar
2009-03-20, 20:17
Mmm, I'm getting a slender when dressed vibe.

Voitan
2009-03-20, 20:41
Hmmm... Episode 10 might force me to recognise Felli as a Loli, but I'm still convinced (so far) that she just doesn't look all that (or at least act like) a Loli.

btw:

Yasashii Uso w/ Felli x Fonfon clips.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5XpeOZ1UGUc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BxG05MaMaZk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LxNZHzGdpbQ

justinstrife
2009-03-20, 21:43
I bet she isn't.

Unless if people insist "anything smaller than a B/C is a loli!" :rolleyes:

Well isn't it true? :confused:

http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:forums.corvetteforum.com/get/images/smilies/biggrinjester.gif

SageGaiGar
2009-03-20, 22:05
Hmmm... Episode 10 might force me to recognise Felli as a Loli, but I'm still convinced (so far) that she just doesn't look all that (or at least act like) a Loli.

btw:

Yasashii Uso w/ Felli x Fonfon clips.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BxG05MaMaZk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LxNZHzGdpbQ

Nice, I've got the actual song on my playlist.

Funny no one's mentioned Felli's voice by the same VA who did Nagisa from Clannad.

JediNight
2009-03-21, 02:16
Just because she's small/slender build doesn't mean she's a "loli". Theres a girl at work thats only like 5'2" and like 16/17, but she doesn't look like a child so...

You already saw her in just her bodysuit talking to Fonfon on the hill -- shes normal, just small. You have to consider the size of the person ... her boobs are normal for her body size IMHO.

Think you guys have let stuff like Kanokon rot your brain ;p

willyvereb
2009-03-21, 02:25
Well...it's sure but cause of her small size even if she's not a loli many people think somewhat otherwise...or just teasing her with it(like Sharnid at ep 3). She's about 140-150cm tall. In my area this is pretty much small and everyone have the tendency to call a small girl a child. Most of the time the short people must fight much harder to be taken seriously just because of their size.
I think it's not a problem if we call a very short and somewhat undeveloped character as loli cause many people sees them somewhat as children anyway.

Master Assassin
2009-03-21, 07:21
Funny no one's mentioned Felli's voice by the same VA who did Nagisa from Clannad.

Because we already knew it? :rolleyes:

GreenLama
2009-03-21, 07:51

I dont watch Clannad, and never have but I like Felli's voice, it's definatly fitting for her character and the toned down approach to her discussions really brings an odd third dimention to her character.

SageGaiGar
2009-03-21, 11:04

Most of us. ;) :heh:

margafred
2009-03-21, 11:16
I rather remembering Mai Nakahara for her great performance as Aoi Nagisa and Rena Ryuugu and Aono Morimiya (and also Felli of course) rather than Nagisa.

Beside Kyou > Tomoyo > Kotomi > Nagisa for me in Clannad.. ;)

blitz1/2
2009-03-21, 15:28
I rather remembering Mai Nakahara for her great performance as Aoi Nagisa and Rena Ryuugu and Aono Morimiya (and also Felli of course) rather than Nagisa.

Her Aono Morimiya version is the one most similar to Feli's voice. (whenever Mai voices a quiet and silver haired character, it equals win to me)

Tjaard
2009-03-21, 16:07
Yep, for Aono I also remember the voice but for Rena not lol
Probably because Rena was more lively and not the silent type :D

Bonta Kun
2009-03-21, 18:22

oh same here, most notably for Aoi Nagisa but then thats probably down to my extreme love for Strawberry Panic:D

FireDetei
2009-03-22, 20:03
Im sorry, i've already posted this in the episode chapter but just wtf is Felli made of? She's drawn to be smaller and seemingly weaker than the other characters, but omfg she's made of iron or something.

She's been shown to have an iron boot when it comes to kicking people, i accepted it as it might be something like IronToeCapped High Heels or something, but in episode 11 she kicked fonfon in slippers with a straight punt that would surely have broken a toe is anyone had really done it! In the past i've accidently kicked a ball wrong, or caught my foot on something and it bent my nail back and bruised the toe like mad and the thought sends shivvers down my back at the pain, but nope, nothing. Not a buckle inthe ankle or anything, a ridged shot to the shins better than any girl could have given AND she didnt even flinch or make any expression! and then to top it off, she boots her brother in sandles and broke his shin! Thats full on toe vs shin action and toe won.

SageGaiGar
2009-03-22, 20:06
I'm guess she does Uechi conditioning. XD She's been seen denting a metal refrigerator with her kick.

FireDetei
2009-03-22, 20:09
I just search Uechi conditioning in google and watched the 1st video on Youtube.....just watching it makes me curle up my toes and wince.

Forever
2009-03-28, 04:31
Im sorry, i've already posted this in the episode chapter but just wtf is Felli made of? She's drawn to be smaller and seemingly weaker than the other characters, but omfg she's made of iron or something.

She's been shown to have an iron boot when it comes to kicking people, i accepted it as it might be something like IronToeCapped High Heels or something, but in episode 11 she kicked fonfon in slippers with a straight punt that would surely have broken a toe is anyone had really done it! In the past i've accidently kicked a ball wrong, or caught my foot on something and it bent my nail back and bruised the toe like mad and the thought sends shivvers down my back at the pain, but nope, nothing. Not a buckle inthe ankle or anything, a ridged shot to the shins better than any girl could have given AND she didnt even flinch or make any expression! and then to top it off, she boots her brother in sandles and broke his shin! Thats full on toe vs shin action and toe won.

Telekinetics can increase physical power just like it can be used to move stuff

blewin
2009-03-30, 01:29
it's refreshing to see an "emotionless" character not being the stereotypical emotionless character. Felli can be quite devious and manipulative when she wants to. And the fact that she frequently kicks Layfon shows how comfortable she is of expressing herself around him - one person only, which is often the case with geniuses who find casual relationship with people difficult to handle and prefer to stick with few close friends.

As it says in the anime, she's got heaps of emotions inside her head, but she suppresses herself from showing them.,

Narona
2009-03-30, 06:59
it's refreshing to see an "emotionless" character not being the stereotypical emotionless character. Felli can be quite devious and manipulative when she wants to. And the fact that she frequently kicks Layfon shows how comfortable she is of expressing herself around him - one person only, which is often the case with geniuses who find casual relationship with people difficult to handle and prefer to stick with few close friends.

As it says in the anime, she's got heaps of emotions inside her head, but she suppresses herself from showing them.,

Felli is supposed to be emotionless, due to her abilities, but when she expresses her feelings of anger, she's like a hurricane :D

Voitan
2009-03-31, 18:08
I think Emotionless is incorrect here.

More like suppressed, like a dam, and explode when no longer holding back the tide of emotions.

GreenLama
2009-04-01, 07:46
I wouldn't say that Felli i "emotionless", but more like she saves her emotions for the right time, or maybe she is just more reserved......?

Narona
2009-04-01, 08:42
I think Emotionless is incorrect here.

More like suppressed, like a dam, and explode when no longer holding back the tide of emotions.
That, and also because she is reserved. As we did see it in the first episode, when she gets angry, I think she dislikes to be seen by other people.

But Layfon broke the ice :)

blitz1/2
2009-04-04, 23:26
Possible Feli ending? She seems to take a much larger role in the second ed.

Narona
2009-04-05, 08:51
Possible Feli ending? She seems to take a much larger role in the second ed.

Don't see this ED as something significant. Apparently, Nina, Mei and Leerin will also sing on their own EDs.

blitz1/2
2009-04-05, 09:51
Don't see this ED as something significant. Apparently, Nina, Mei and Leerin will also sing on their own EDs.

No, i mean appearance wise. for example, where it shows the 17th platoon starting off with Nina, Layfon, Sharnid....lastly is Felli. Felli's hair is glowing and shooting off sakura petals w/e it is.

Afterwards, it shows the main characters dashing towards the beachline and disappears one by one except feli, whose face is closest to camera.

Not sure about Nina singing her own ed. The only ones there was Mei and Leerin.

MafiaSoldier
2009-04-05, 12:44
How can you not love Felli? Her character makes you want to cheer for her (especially in her struggle to become one with Layfon), and she has a way about her that would make me totally want to date her if she was real (hopefully my soon to be fiance' does not read this). Anyhow, I would have to say that Felli has become my favorite character in CSR and could very well be my favorite female character in all of anime right now, thats how strongly I feel about her, the only other female character in an animated series I can put her in contention with would be Gwen Tennyson from Ben 10: Alien Force.

willyvereb
2009-04-05, 15:18
Well...reasons for it: She's selfish, arogant, spoiled and abusive and quickly angered.
Perhaps she got some good properties too: doll-like looks, slapstick comedy source, intelligent, understanding, inferiority complex, "tragic past"(used by her brother, forced to Military Arts, hardess to show any emotion...compared to Layfon and even Nina it's nothing)
She's very fun to watch but i like her character as much as Shana's or Louise's. Felli's the ultimate source of fashion and slapstick humour but she's nothing more to me.

CybEssen
2009-04-05, 18:14
She's very fun to watch but i like her character as much as Shana's or Louise's. Felli's the ultimate source of fashion and slapstick humour but she's nothing more to me.

Whoa there. Better hide yourself before the Frills brigade gets here. Anyways, I feel the same way. There comes a point when the kicking/Layfon abuse isn't funny anymore. I'll admit I liked her for the first couple of episodes and then it just degraded from there... The maid skit might have had something to do with it. :heh:

Von Himmel
2009-04-06, 09:24
But the maid skit looked so moe and I almost die because of it #_#
For what I've seen in Felli is just that she can't express her feelings like a normal people would, but that what makes her cute. She's not an emotionless character, she's the one with it and the way she express it somehow makes me want to hug her :x

And not to mention that her scene with Layfon tends to make me smile when I watched it.

Though, I still prefer Layfon with Nina though. . it's just a personal feelings :P

MafiaSoldier
2009-04-06, 14:16
But the maid skit looked so moe and I almost die because of it #_#
For what I've seen in Felli is just that she can't express her feelings like a normal people would, but that what makes her cute. She's not an emotionless character, she's the one with it and the way she express it somehow makes me want to hug her :x

And not to mention that her scene with Layfon tends to make me smile when I watched it.

Though, I still prefer Layfon with Nina though. . it's just a personal feelings :P

I agree about the fact that Felli can't just come out and express her feelings is a big part of what makes her cute, I can't agree on Nina being with Layfon if not for the fact that Nina is way too "business" and really tends to focus on her platoon instead of her friendships with her team mates. It would be a quick relationship because Layfon wouldn't be able to deal with that side of her while being a couple, but thats just my feelings on it.

willyvereb
2009-04-06, 15:13
Every girl tries to dominate Layfon...but you'r right: Nina a girl he can't figure out correctly. But that's why some ppl prefer that pairing.
Back to Felli:she leveled up in terms of anger control.

Voitan
2009-04-06, 23:37
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nbe-u9F04S4

I personally liked the previous ED for Felli.

Though the new one certainly gives her a romantic character focus, I prefer hearing her seiyuu singing though.

Wouldn't you agree?

SageGaiGar
2009-04-07, 08:06
With the previous ED, I liked hers first and then Ninas. Leerins was... kay. Don't think they had a mei one yet.

Deryns
2009-04-08, 12:10
Well here I go for a first post in this thread. Felli is one of my 2 fav characters in this show, which surprises me since as I have posted in previous threads I don't usually enjoy loli-type characters. I suppose the reason I enjoy her is that she is not portrayed as the typical "loli". She is drawn to appear youngish but her interactions for the most part are shown to be consistent with her age. The few times she acts loli it is well done for comedic purposes, one of my favorite scenes in the show is where she names Layfon Fon-Fon. Also in contrast with rest of the cast, even her own platoon sometimes, she seems to have a better grasp of the truth of certain matters especially in relation to her brother and Layfon. It will be interesting to see where they go with this character.

encia
2009-04-21, 07:09
Well...reasons for it: She's selfish, arogant, spoiled and abusive and quickly angered.
Perhaps she got some good properties too: doll-like looks, slapstick comedy source, intelligent, understanding, inferiority complex, "tragic past"(used by her brother, forced to Military Arts, hardess to show any emotion...compared to Layfon and even Nina it's nothing)
In relation to selfish and arogant, did you missed EP1 and EP4?

I would disagree with "quickly angered" i.e. Filli was patient with Sharnid in EP4.

willyvereb
2009-04-21, 07:26
Oops! I've got spotted by the FDS(Felli Defense Squadron):)!

Not selfish?Then why she complains about being used? In contrast Layfon don't mind being used if he saves the people who dear to him with it. We can't mix the kindness and selflessness. If someone worries about someone's life it not automaticaly means he/she selfless, just not an uncaring person. Selfless means that you can sacrafice something of your own for someone other's benefit. Felli rarely if ever shows that.
And yes...she's arrogant.That's and her spoiledness we call softly as "princess attitude".
Maybe you're right that she isn't quickly angerble...I'm uncertain about that, but it's true that it's her clearest emotion.

encia
2009-04-22, 06:01
Oops! I've got spotted by the FDS(Felli Defense Squadron):)!

My laptop is my brain's extension.

Not selfish?Then why she complains about being used?

People must have liberty to choose which path to take. She has a family background of being forced to go a certain path.

In contrast Layfon don't mind being used if he saves the people who dear to him with it. We can't mix the kindness and selflessness. If someone worries about someone's life it not automaticaly means he/she selfless, just not an uncaring person. Selfless means that you can sacrafice something of your own for someone other's benefit. Felli rarely if ever shows that.

When required (i.e. no other options) Felli defeats a guardian monster in EP04.

In EP07, ambulances was called in after Felli heped Fon-Fon in battling the Filth moster. Felli has PSI range of >20Km.

http://i328.photobucket.com/albums/l327/encia/CSR_EP4_F1.jpg
http://i328.photobucket.com/albums/l327/encia/CSR_EP4_F2.jpg

And yes...she's arrogant.

On what basis?

That's and her spoiledness we call softly as "princess attitude".

She desires to have a part time job (refer to EP04).

TrueKnight
2009-04-22, 06:59
Well she was selfish, she expected Fon-fon to hide her powers just like she did with the pretext of 'not like being used'. Until of course she saw her baka Fon-fon likes helping people unconditionally that made her changed for the better. Her character grew because of Fon-fon and that's what I like about Fon-fon x Felli.

addict2anime
2009-04-23, 22:20
^*agrees with knight boi*
Sides if you think about it.... everyone is selfish at one point or another o--o well mb fon fon

margafred
2009-04-26, 01:12
Which girl anyway in CSR that is not selfish and arrogant when it comes to Layfon?Well probably those who're not related to Layfon..but each girl related to Layfon has their own selfishness when dealing with Layfon.

Back to Felli...with Mayshen finally kicks in,and soon to come Leerin,seems like Felli will have lesser screen time with Layfon together.Sad..but thinking about the upcoming love war between the 4 main girls to get Layfon's attention,man..i just have to get ready with a popcorn and soda for this :D.Its gonna be damn amusing,to see Felli competing in a love war..

But i have a faith that Felli will win it...even if Layfon don't decide to pick any one of those girls by the time the series reach its end,then i'm betting that Felli will get the most screen time of being together with Layfon.

Hail the FRILLS
Hail the FRILLS
Hail the FRILLS

P/s - I still haven't solve the mystery of the FRILLS..it looks like an undergarment...or issit attached to her uniform? :uhoh:

TrueKnight
2009-04-26, 02:36
I approve teh frillz. It's one of the many factors that made Felli attractive. Fon-fon you dumbass just get it on with her already.

And I think the frills are built-ins attached on her dress and skirts.... but that's just me.

boss
2009-04-26, 16:30
Yep, i think her blouse was modified (by a seamstress or better by her own effort XD) with the frills added on, as for her skirt i'd say she's probably wearing a extra frilly half slip underneath.
http://img523.imageshack.us/img523/1792/bloodol6.gif

willyvereb
2009-04-27, 09:39
Or Karian gave her that custom uniform and forced her to wear thatXD

Natsuki Hyuga
2009-04-27, 09:50
Indeed, Kallian would have to be the exact sis-con brother with frills fetish. Sadly (or for us frills Felli lovers, thankfully), he already forced cooed her into frills get-go since she was a child. Or maybe to be exact, taught her of the art of make up indeed, which will result in her frills adoration later in her teenager age.

http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/8019/820a0712010144d0c2fd785tm0.th.jpg (http://img15.imageshack.us/my.php?image=820a0712010144d0c2fd785tm0.jpg)http://img10.imageshack.us/img10/3374/77ad6ea27d09b6b3caefd05bb8.th.jpg (http://img10.imageshack.us/my.php?image=77ad6ea27d09b6b3caefd05bb8.jpg)

:D

Master Assassin
2009-04-29, 06:41
Well, somehow she needs to be thankful to her bro anyway, because if it's not because of the frills she won't get part of her appeal she will need to woo Fon-fon. :D

acr429
2009-05-01, 23:27
felli is my favorite character so far, but we already knew that she would not end up with fon-fon. so I gave up my hopes, but I still consider her my favorite character we will start to see more of leerin it seems since the last episode

it would probably end with a open ending and nothing really concrete I wish every series would end like gureen laggan.

Anomalous
2009-05-03, 02:41
felli is my favorite character so far, but we already knew that she would not end up with fon-fon. so I gave up my hopes, but I still consider her my favorite character we will start to see more of leerin it seems since the last episode

it would probably end with a open ending and nothing really concrete I wish every series would end like gureen laggan.

Never say never! :(

Dam Dog
2009-05-18, 16:14
I'm finding myself wondering what exactly the extent of Felli's powers are. We've seen her bust through a bunker wall designed to stop filth monsters like it was nothing. Her little petals are also apparently capable of penetrating solid rock to some depth, then causing a cave in. She can even hijack other neni users petals.

Her power level, if you will excuse the expression, is clearly over 9,000. Enough that, it seems, she sometimes just has to vent that power. I mean, it literally just flows off of her hair. She even, apparently, sometimes loses control of her power (shown in the manga where it happens when she gets frustrated at Fonfon, and in the anime during the Obligatory Swimsuit Episode).

It's also interesting that she can apparently manifest the petals without using her dite. I remember that, in the restaurant episode, she busted Sharnid's camera without (apparently) having it out.

So perhaps the dite, in the case of neni users, is just an amplifier, rather than the focus of their powers. Or maybe just in Felli's case, since she's apparently got crazy abilities.

It's also abundantly clear that she's holding back. The question is, of course, how much. It still seems to be up in the air as to whether she's Layfon-level hax or just very hax.

EDIT:
Further, on the subject of neni, it seems that male neni users have blue petals, and females have pink ones. Of course, we've only seen one male neni user so far, but the old one in the first episode had pink petals as well and was (apparently) female.

willyvereb
2009-05-18, 23:59
Or pink petals means (close to) HB level of Psychokinetic potential. Or the Darth Vader dude has a special kind of Nen-i, like Savaris has red Kei(in contrast with the other HB recievers' golden Kei)

Dam Dog
2009-05-19, 00:43
Or pink petals means (close to) HB level of Psychokinetic potential. Or the Darth Vader dude has a special kind of Nen-i, like Savaris has red Kei(in contrast with the other HB recievers' golden Kei)

In conclusion, we need to see more neni users :p

Dam Dog
2009-05-19, 01:23
For further discussion, something I noticed a while ago:

http://i39.tinypic.com/5wjhc8.jpg

Felli's suit isn't apparently fully sealed, yet her skin isn't all messed up.

Also, I think Felli possibly has the only biosuit in the multiverse to feature a skirt.

willyvereb
2009-05-19, 01:30
In world where the people modify their protective suits to amake place for a baseball cap or the long hair it's far from surprising. Her legs probably protected by the ZR Field(another form of the Rule of Cool)

Dam Dog
2009-05-21, 11:43
Ah, she's probably got some kind of transparent bloomers or something on :P

Anyway, since that attempt failed, we can go into personality.

I've noticed that many seem to dismiss Felli as lazy, selfish, etc., when, in my personal opinion, the anime rather directly contradicts this. If only briefly, so it's easy to miss, but I think the point was made purposfully.

If you'll take a look at where she works, you'll note that she is, in fact, not exactly thrilled to be there. She's willing to wear a uniform she is most definitly NOT comfortable in, and work for a manager who is gayer than a tree full of monkeys on LSD. (Obligatory Disclaimer: Not that being gay is a bad thing. However, wearing a pink and purple suit with hearts on it is (Disclaimer disclaimer: Unless you're Bon Clay. But even he didn't have hearts on.). As is being male and having pink hair.)

This is, of course, to prove that she can be something other than a neni user, combined with Sharnid's scheming, but she was willing to keep at it and go so far as to attempt (badly) to learn to fake a smile.

She recognized that her boss was doing her a favor in not firing her for doing some serious damage to his kitchen, and possibly the customers shins on occasion, and was willing to attempt to do something in return, even if it was essentially impossible for her. So in the end she put on a uniform she was even less thrilled about (although Kallian liked it).

I won't dispute the jealous part, but, as I've said elsewhere, she's willing to look past that at the times that it matters. Felli has drawn a clear line (IMO) between personal life and her job as a neni user. She follows Nina's orders during battle and even seems to consider her more of a 'friendly rival' (against Meishin :p) outside of combat.

Oh well, just rambling again. This has been the Defence of Felli, but your one and only Dam Dog.

Has anybody worked my name out yet? I bet none of you silly people even play Elder Scrolls :p

Dam Dog
2009-05-23, 00:56
Anybody ever gone through the scene where she yells into the pipe in the first episode frame by frame?

I did. With hilarious results.

http://i39.tinypic.com/2ijgw.jpg
http://i40.tinypic.com/jiosb9.jpg

Who knew that Felli was a Yakuza? :D

http://i41.tinypic.com/fjexz9.jpg
Oh god rapeface.
I'm not sure if I should find this sexy or frightening.

I'm pretty sure they just did those frames for fun, but still, they're pretty funny, even for the non-Felli fans :p

Dragon TY
2009-05-23, 02:48
This only just made me lol.

willyvereb
2009-05-23, 04:16
It's me or Felli really is almost toally similar to the SCP with her expressions.

TrueKnight
2009-05-23, 07:09
I also lol'ed. You could see a resemblance to Kallian so much it's scary. On serious note, back then she had to keep her emotion in control in order to prevent information overload to her brain, hence the emotionless personality state. It's funny she vented her emotions through hard objects back then until she found a new vessel to vent on aka Layfon , all in anger, physical, things to talk, and finally love. >_>

willyvereb
2009-05-23, 07:17
I might take the liberty and photoshop the last picture of the 3...Evil Felli would be hillarious!

Ultramarinus
2009-05-24, 05:15
Answering to response from ep 20 thread:

Well, she actually does, but the problem is that there's not much exploration with this issue other than being used as comedic effect. There was a brief explanation regarding this state of suppressed emotions earlier back, but after that, it's mainly emphasized on Layfon being the comedic outlet of these emotions. The series hasn't really been much help with the way it's treating the issue rather lightly, with a good half of her scenes involving kicking Layfon and poles/trash cans, so now that she's venting her emotions this way, some may find it difficult to sympathize with her, even though it's understood why she reacts this way. It's pretty problematic, as there hasn't been anything outstanding about her character so far.

(Will take it to character thread. :p)

I'd disagree with that as we saw another psionic (the right whatsisname of the profession eludes me atm) who had his skin fall off while doing his job and he still was pretty mature in his conduct against other people.

I think it's a bit far-fetched to take the "not being able to show emotion" issue as something distressful by itself. Some people seem to be able to get over it and even deal with more, yet still not act like the world revolves around them.

willyvereb
2009-05-24, 05:48
Well...a normal psychokinetist only have little problems with showing of his/her emotions . But in Felli's case it's not it. She trained herself to not let her emotions running wild(venting it off before it affects her control over her ability) and cause of the huge amount of information that Felli gets she hardly can respont to everything she senses.
But as i see more and more episodes I'm more and more sure about that the greatest problem were not her training nor her ability but the introvertedness(the indirect cause of Felli's powers). Layfon(and even Nina and the rest of the platoon) cures her from that and she learns to actually express her emotions.
And I think no one mentioned at the ep 20 thread that Felli has the most of the problems. And even if someone stated it it's not true.
We have two characters who constantly tortured by guilt(Layfon and Nina). Let's talk about their problems for a while:
-Layfon:He constantly feels himself worthless to the extend that he's calling himself a monster. A being that unworthy to a human's love.
-Nina:being a platoon captain a real pain. As with Felli's problem to show off her emotions the Anime hardly shows that how hard to manage a squad of fighters. The 17th Platoon was the most messed up platoon until some lucky turn of events, but it's still a serious work. Not to mention if it's a squad with an extremely potent fighter. And of course Nina's the worrying type and she blames herself whenever something happens.

Hane
2009-06-15, 09:47
People don't always react the same to the certain situations. Fermaus acts mature, but it might just be because of the extent of his experience in Haia's gang. Or you know, it could just be his personality's inclination.

Felli strikes me as a person who, probably early on, realized people mostly saw her as a tool and not as a human being. From what we can see, she didn't like that. She could have decided to accept it, or she could have decided to live life as best she could and not be bothered. But she gravitated to her current state. It's her personality. She didn't want to take it. That would explain her 'selfishness', to me at least.

I'm pretty awed by her. It might be better to say 'enough is enough, I refuse to give any more. I want to be selfish'. I mean look at Layfon. Yeah, everyone's alive because of him, but what about his happiness? Is it right to depend on him so much? You can see he's pretty self-destructive…

That's one thing the author is trying to resolve right? And Felli is probably thinking now that maybe it’s not right to run. And Layfon taught her that by example. But then again, all the characters have this kind of synergy in some way XD It's awesome

AnimePhantom
2009-06-15, 22:45
Felli is one of my favorite characters in this show, if not my favorite but when she went on her kicking spree it turned me off from her a little because of the repetitive nature of the situation. The first couple times were cute, but then enough was enough and I became "all set" with the situation, lol.

Ultramarinus
2009-06-16, 10:17
People don't always react the same to the certain situations. Fermaus acts mature, but it might just be because of the extent of his experience in Haia's gang. Or you know, it could just be his personality's inclination.

Felli strikes me as a person who, probably early on, realized people mostly saw her as a tool and not as a human being. From what we can see, she didn't like that. She could have decided to accept it, or she could have decided to live life as best she could and not be bothered. But she gravitated to her current state. It's her personality. She didn't want to take it. That would explain her 'selfishness', to me at least.

I'm pretty awed by her. It might be better to say 'enough is enough, I refuse to give any more. I want to be selfish'. I mean look at Layfon. Yeah, everyone's alive because of him, but what about his happiness? Is it right to depend on him so much? You can see he's pretty self-destructiveÖ

That's one thing the author is trying to resolve right? And Felli is probably thinking now that maybe itís not right to run. And Layfon taught her that by example. But then again, all the characters have this kind of synergy in some way XD It's awesome
The thing is that, people generally ignore the most real fact that the world of Regios is a very harsh and unforgiving land. As much as we see a generally carefree and happy-go-merry setting in the inside of the cities with maid cafes, the painful truth is far from that. All it takes for that comfort to go away is another city or an FM appearing. People like Fermeus got the idea and did what it took to survive in this world. People like Felli or pre-Czellni Layfon however, blatantly and selfishly refused to accept the reality and refused ot do their part.

So yeah, if you're Hercules, your fellow citizens will expect you to strike down those mythical creatures. Playing Calimero and saying "but it's unfaaaaair" is the dumbest and most selfish thing to do when other, weaker people have to fight their best to merely survive. It's not like that power is draining their life force or something, they just need to utilize their god-given potential.

Hane
2009-06-16, 12:11
The reality, as you say, is that there are monsters out there - and they need a Hercules to survive. But Felli was not Hercules (neither is Layfon). Hercules wanted the glory. Hercules did whatever the heck he wanted, that included killing, stealing and shagging. But it's all right if he kills the monsters? No? Can we cut with the killing, stealing or shagging? Okay, fine. But that's not Hercules, who does whatever he wants - that's what a tool is - a person with no room for flaws. That's what Felli fears she'll be forced to become, not Hercules, but a simple tool. Point me, then shoot. The Heaven Blades are closer to Hercules. So no, I think what Karian is looking for isn't Hercules, but a tool.

But you know, (leaving all fon-fon for the fon-fon threads now) Felli has already begun to stop looking at it like she is being used. She was apathetic before, but she's trying now, she's pushing the limits of her power. She's a part of the squad. I'd like to think that she's not doing it just to keep up with Layfon, but is beginning to realize that she can protect the city too. Sure, some people were giving 120% when she wasn't (we can only speak for the character's we've seen so far). But for some people, the decision to give their life takes a split-second, it's instinctual. For others, it takes some time. Felli ended up as a character who questions. It had to be someone. And Iím all for the idea of her growing into a stronger character who finds people she cares about and wants to protect them.

But she is being used. They're all being used. When Karian stopped Felli from burning out, was it as the SCP, who was unable to lose Zuellni's strongest psychokinetic...or as a brother? Probably both. And btw, it is life-threatening for everyone, including her. She's in the rear, but it is draining her lifeforce. She's not some god. She could die from the strain.

Ultramarinus
2009-06-16, 13:43
I merely said Hercules as a reference to inherited God-like power. You didn't need to take his personality in for the comparison. And yes, Felli's power is immense for her profession. We're told so and also witness it.

As for being used, you're ignoring the fact that they're all on the same boat. It's not like the president's slave-driving them to hoard treasures to himself. It their power is utilized correctly and fully, they survive along with everyone else. Unless they live on somewhere like Grendan, where they live will always need their power to survive.

You're telling that she changed now but I'm not that sure about it. Up until the previous ep, she was always doing it for Layfon or to get on Layfon's good side, she herself talks so. We even saw how she went mad over Nina's return. Even now on this last ep, she merely says "so you want us to kill our captain?" Could you sense any concern about her captain on that? It came across as just an excuse to bash her brother to me. As for the city, I still can't see any real motivation. She still seems to get mobilized because Layfon needs it.

And no, just using their powers do not carry any risk. Where do you get that from? Also psionics are by far the safest members or the platoons. They never get attacked because they can operate from far away on a remote and safe area and have enough time to pull out even it their team gets beaten. It can't get any safer and easier for a military artist.

Hane
2009-06-17, 09:39
It's not so bad being used as a tool if you can help people. That's what Layfon grew to figure out, and that's what Felli needs to figure out too. In fact, I think you're right. Maybe Felli saw it as 'doing her part'. As long as she did her part, it was fine. Because, you know, Felli wasn't refusing to fight, she was reluctant to fight. Difference is pretty big.

Also, wasn't the point of the pool episode to rest her? Overuse of her abilities were leading her to a burn-out.

Actually, I'm pretty happy about 23. Especially the part where she said 'I'm part of the 17th Platoon'? (But if you think her reason is to get on Layfon's 'good side'? You're dead wrong :p) And the part where she spoke up about Karian's suggestion that they kill Nina? An opportunity to bash Karian? Maybe she couldn't resist a pot-shot. But she did it while asserting her stance. She even seemed to find the idea of her not going out ridiculous. So far, I think you're not giving her enough credit ;)

Ultramarinus
2009-06-17, 10:09
I don't think that you can call a military artist who preposterously offers to run away from the city and leave others to fend for themselves, just reluctant. She would be having a good time with Layfon somewhere while Czellni citizens rotted in their graves just like what happened to that city they had fought against. That shameless offer was what killed Felli for me. And did she ever express a regret over it? None.

All military artists need appropriate rest after heavy kei usage. We saw Nina burning out as well even though she didn't have god-like power. Felli held back simply because she didn't want to take up her responsibility.

Ep 23 showed mere hope but too little, too late. It still felt like she acted that way because she was concerned with Layfon though. She'll need a second season to be able to show that she really evolved and can act mature. I'd like to see that myself. I had expected a real development for her character but she couldn't pull it off so far.

CSJ
2009-06-17, 11:14
I'm a bit confused about Felli. Is she actually supposed to be a loli character? Because I'm not really thinking she is. She's even less of a loli than say, someone like Yuki Nagato. And Yuki to me just seems to be the pettanko character.

Hane
2009-06-18, 02:14
That shameless offer was what killed Felli for me. And did she ever express a regret over it? None.

Ah but you see, thatís the thing. Youíre holding the intention of a potential desertion by a fictional character against that fictional character. Type it or say it, it sounds silly :p In a lot of fiction, you may see a character do worse acts, but people who have a connection to that character have brushed it off. The same thing applies in real life. For some people, if they see a good friend beat the crap out of someone, they may react with a Ďwhyíd you go and do that?í instead of saying Ďare you out of your freaking mind?!í I wouldnít worry though, it just means Regios is a really good piece of work to coax emotions like this out of people.

All military artists need appropriate rest after heavy kei usage. We saw Nina burning out as well even though she didn't have god-like power. Felli held back simply because she didn't want to take up her responsibility.

Okay. Again, the pool episode. Until we get a part of the novel that says specifically that the act of pushing her limits is dangerous for her (and we havenít yet, not really), Iím just going to say thereís subtext to point out that she will die if she continues to use her powers the way she is using them.

Ep 23 showed mere hope but too little, too late. It still felt like she acted that way because she was concerned with Layfon though. She'll need a second season to be able to show that she really evolved and can act mature. I'd like to see that myself. I had expected a real development for her character but she couldn't pull it off so far.

Itís been said, but Layfon is the focus of her growth right now. Iím happy with that. And the series (the book) hasnít ended yet. Iím happy about that. And if she does grow, well, I would feel pretty silly for disliking a character for reasons that were meant to set up further development of that character. So Iím sticking with the 'Felli rocks' stance :p (And if she doesnít get her good end Iím just gonna be sad)

Ultramarinus
2009-06-18, 06:47
Well, it's not the just the actions but also the motives and intentions of a character that I also consider while judging a character and its personality. If she had done the act, (together with Layfon of course) she would both transcend into a villain and the story would end, so no it wouldn't happen of course. But the mindset is there to make such an action and that's also something to evaluate the character upon. Agreed that Regios is generally good in characters department though. :)

Every military artist carries such a risk, that's why they change the people who charge up the kei cannon or tranquilize Layfon to force him into resting, etc. Plus the fact is that Felli isn't in the front line so isn't threatened by the enemies.

Focus true, but there seems to be simply nothing else that drives her. She's bending herself and try to bend the world in such a way that it'll be convenient for either herself or Layfon, she's acting like the world consists of just them and noone else. Others' feelings? Others' concerns? Others' safety? Who cares? Certainly not Felli, not one bit.

Maybe she'll get development in the future, at least in the novels, but I have to say that for this much screen-time, she arguably received less development than even Sharnid. :uhoh: I in fact was simply apathetic towards her for quite a long time.

In any case, everyone's got a favorite character for this or that reason, I just wanted to express my views on Felli, I don't necessarily expect to sway opinions. :heh:

AnimePhantom
2009-06-23, 22:40
Now that this series is all said and done, I must say that Felli was definatly my favorite character and she definatly has cemented herself as a large reason as to why I enjoyed the episodes I caught of this show, there was just something about her..........

~A~
2009-07-14, 19:09
Felli has a super Strong kick but besides that fact shes probably the ace card of the team if you put her into good use thats not including Layfon Since hes beyond godlike so lets not count him on the team for now xD

Dominic Night
2009-11-11, 21:25
A late post, I know. Iíve been meaning to get this post here but never seemed to have the time to get it down. This is just my overall view on Felli Loss (Mostly on the Anime). I know its a bit late and is reviving a dead thread, I'm proably going to get in trouble for this.

I know some people covered some of the stuff I'm posting, it can't be helped I did this without looking at the rest of the thread

I canít say much about the Novel version of Felli because its still being translated.

At first I thought Felli would be more quiet throughout the series. But it was a bit of a relief on her first appearance around behind the tree in the opening ceremony scene. Without her warning poor Meishin would be squished by the debris of the entrance area. Her personality appeared to be enjoyable though others would say otherwise.

From my point of view Felli seems to handle being forced in the Military Arts kind of well, its not like sheís trying to kill someone out of anger (Other then kicking Layfon in the shinís when he does something wrong.). Usually thatís for some comedy part, but I find her actions to be more natural to take anger out on something

And too me, its understandable for her to hold back her full potential and not really care. Given she doesnít want the power in the first place and is forced in the Military Arts. Even if she did decided to leave to try something else. I donít think Karien or Nina would let her go without a fight, which would be just forcing her to stay no matter what her own choice is. I know for a fact that just about anyone else placed in her shoes would give the same amount of effort. Although thanks to Layfon she started to open up little by little.

Giving on the subject of power. Felliís level seems to be just a few stages below Layfonís. Making her the second best on Zuellni right below Layfon. Her powers not only for communications, and a radar-like figure but also at times for combat, which makes Felli more valuable than any other squad member, she can find traps, the enemy numbers, weak points, distance, as well as terrain. As they say, sheís on a genius level. I think that her petals could get more then one person just that the animators didnít want to show that much. Pretty much she best Nina in that level of abilities. So I donít know why people call her useless. Without Felli the squad wouldíve been disbanded from their first match as well as the city wouldíve been overrun by FMís, both having her give information to Layfon.

I found it better that Felli was quick to forgive Layfon after he revealed his full power during the second episode unlike Nina who was a bit annoying with the way she acted. The way I saw it, it was that Felli didnít want Layfon to show his powers because she didnít want him to be used. And once more she really didnít show any anger to Layfon for his past unlike some characters that threaten to kick him from the squad and not listen to his side of the story. Which made her even more likeable for me.

As for the time when Zuellni went on a rampage, Felli worked to the point of collapse in helping Layfon with the monsters, doing this for like hours I think I canít remember how long the rampage went on. The mind is a more powerful thing then the body, thatís what people. She does show dedication in to him by telling him sheís willing to use her powers even though they told her not too, maybe sheíd become crippled or die Iím not sure. If Layfon wasnít in emo state he was in, he couldíve given her a better response then the one he gave her in the series. And from what I saw, Felli was the only one that actually helped him throughout the series. No one else really tried anything other then use him.

As for the Layfon vs. Haia battle, Felli couldnít do anything because of the Mask man(Forgot his name) blocking her ability to call her staff. As people could see doing the battle that Felli left some marks on the door in an attempted to get out. And really people shouldnít blame her for Layfon getting injured. Itís a natural reaction to call out to someone when is their being by the person, as well as embrace them after the battle end.

The real person to be blamed is Layfon himself, come on! Youíre in the middle of a fight. You donít take your eyes off your enemy for a second, thatís one of the most important rule in a fight. It doesnít matter if someoneís calling out to you or if your entire harem is standing there completely naked flashing you, never take your eyes off of the enemy.

Honestly I think that they should give her more screen time. Felli and Layfon would make a great couple if there was a pairing in the series.

Overall I found Felli the most likeable female character in the entire series.