PDA

View Full Version : Romance in Regios

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Skyfall
2009-02-15, 03:37
Welcome to the Romance in Regios discussion thread. The purpose of this thread is to provide a place where to discuss all things romance related within Regios potential pairings.

Please note that the very nature of this discussion means that people are bound to disagree with your opinion; remember to play nicely. Usual forum rules still apply.

Thread Guidelines
No Shipping!
As stated this is a Romance thread, not a place to whine about what characters did or didn't end up together. Any such posts will be deleted.

No campaigning!
No "hate" or "xyz must die" posts. Discuss why you do or don't like characters without whinging and whining or blatantly campaigning for your favorite.

Be polite to your fellow forum members.
Do not insult or harass other members for their likes and dislikes. Do not take it so seriously that you end up in an argument with another forum member because they express a fondness for a character you loathe. Discussion and good spirited banter is always welcome, but harassing people won't be tolerated.

Have fun, but post intelligently.
It's great to have fun, but please try your best to add substance to what you post and make your thoughts interesting for the generation of fans that will follow after you’re long gone and on to watching some other series.

Use spoiler tags!Spoilers are allowed, but they must be enclosed in spoiler tags clearly marked with a proper title. Failure to do this can result in a BAN.

Adding a Spoiler tag:

spoiler.gif
Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
Make sure that you include a title for the spoiler!
Please use the Report button if you see any spoilers:

report.gif
Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
to locate and deal with problems quickly.
Posting prohibited spoilers may result in a ban.
Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.

Most importantly: have fun :)

Skyfall
2009-02-15, 03:39
For the moment i am not including a poll, as not all of the potential pairing options have been introduced yet in the series. Will add the poll a few episodes down the road (most likely) :)

Master Assassin
2009-02-15, 04:32
Somehow this is a topic I've been waiting for, though. Despite that I only played around with investigating Layfon's so-called "harem" just to poke some fun and laugh at it, not to support any sides of his "harem"...

However, if Missing Mail's omake were to be believed, then I guess we might already have a clue on who the members of his so-called "harem" are.

Although at this time there's little we could learn even with the information from all the manga (the ones I've read is only the main manga and also the Missing Mail side story) and anime combined together, we'll need for those in knowledge of the novels...

... especially when the total number of episodes bound to be aired for Regios won't let us have enough of it, and we are already reaching half of the season. :rolleyes:

MrTerrorist
2009-02-15, 06:35
Somehow this is a topic I've been waiting for, though. Despite that I only played around with investigating Layfon's so-called "harem" just to poke some fun and laugh at it, not to support any sides of his "harem"...

However, if Missing Mail's omake were to be believed, then I guess we might already have a clue on who the members of his so-called "harem" are.

Although at this time there's little we could learn even with the information from all the manga (the ones I've read is only the main manga and also the Missing Mail side story) and anime combined together, we'll need for those in knowledge of the novels...

... especially when the total number of episodes bound to be aired for Regios won't let us have enough of it, and we are already reaching half of the season. :rolleyes:

Don't worry it still too early for the anime to be reaching half of the season. The anime is about 24 episodes so it's still in the beginning stages.

Master Assassin
2009-02-15, 07:26
Don't worry it still too early for the anime to be reaching half of the season. The anime is about 24 episodes so it's still in the beginning stages.

Yeah, discovered that quite late as I checked through the generic discussion thread. I thought Regios has only 12+ episodes before I checked and corrected my acquired facts about it.

... Okay, so we already have an idea of who the members of Layfon's "harem" are, but the one I still have yet to believe is Nina. I can understand Felli, Mei, and Leerin (especially), but Nina? Even though it's quite an interesting idea for me, but so far until episode 5 it's hard for me to believe although I wanted to believe it exists.

Any thoughts? Or maybe it's just too early for me to think why Nina seems to be included in that so-called "harem" :P

TrueKnight
2009-02-15, 08:51
Dude you think Nina would let other guys slept on her boobs in ep 5 just like that? Yeah you get the picture.

Anyways, *raise Fon-fon x Felli flag*

MrTerrorist
2009-02-15, 09:44
I raise the Layfon x Nina Flag!

meh
2009-02-15, 09:47
Hoping for a harem for Layfon.
Also cool with Layfon x Felli.
Most likely scenario is that nothing gets settled in the end because this isn't a romance story.
Indifferent towards Layfon x Lilin
Will be pissed off at Layfon x Nina
Will go WTF at Layfon x anyone else

Westlo
2009-02-15, 09:51
Most likely scenario is that nothing gets settled in the end because this isn't a romance story.

I personally think nothing will get settled because the original source material is still ongoing, if anyone is hoping for a conclusive romantic end it would be best if you didn't get your hopes up. Anyway even though Felli's my favorite I don't know if I would like her paired with Fon Fon. I kinda like the idea of Layton and Nina pairing up, have no real opinion on Leerin/Lilin yet because she's hardly been in the show.. and Mei = lol no chance.

Master Assassin
2009-02-15, 10:05
Dude you think Nina would let other guys slept on her boobs in ep 5 just like that? Yeah you get the picture.

Yeah I know that, and I agree with that. Heck I even pointed it out myself while blogging something about Layfon's harem. (My notes when I screencapped it: "Aww c'mon Nina I know you liked that.")

But then again the way she takes social interactions when it comes to Layfon seems so casual I can't tell much...

Or maybe there's even a pointer I missed, in which as I recall in episode 2. Remember? I just recalled that just now.

Nina: But what was with that last move? Why would he just take something like that? Even if he couldn't stop it, that wasn't very smart!

Harley: There's no one who's strong at the beginning.

Nina: *wipes off a drop of tear from her right eye*

That last part of the scene I mentioned here could prove something. If a girl worrying about a guy to the extent she wants to cry (especially after what she did to him herself) could justify Nina's possible inclusion into Layfon's harem, then I guess I'll have to be content with the discoveries... for now.

EDIT: NO WAIT. I rewatched the scene again and I noticed that when she said "Not at all." she's already on the verge of tears.

... Anyway, I'm glad we're just at the beginning of the season, but then that means more possibilities to look out for; and things might change... now I'm afraid of getting my guesses wrong as the show progresses...

zibi88
2009-02-15, 10:07
Well even since he was with Mei alone at the beanch he keept thinking about Lilin ^^ and offcourse she is thinking about Layfon so I can assume that this pairing is kinda best ^^ since

Lilin: loves Layfon for who he is and doesnt care about his power or stuff like that...their are childhood friends that understands each other the best

Feli: a lonely person who came to Zueli for the same thing like Layfon which is to find her own path to live.... so she found a similar person to her which is Layfon... dont know if she has a crush on him since she doesnt show any emotions (and simple thing like a smile is super rare in telekinetics.... so yeah have a all-time-gloomy-violant-loli as your girlffriend and you will be super lucky....) Feli for me is rather kinda funny character that gives little comedy into the story

Nina: she only thinks on power... and how to get it or use Layfons power for her own squad17 profit....(but its not right to make layfon the work while she is not taking it seriously...since why to bother while there is layfon who will kick everyones ass) I dont see any romantic interreaction toward Layfon..... her only objective is to gain power and that's it..... at least in ep6 she starts to understand that Layfon is WAY ABOVE HER LEVEL and doesnt need much training (well the score shows it the best... layfon score above 19,800,000 while nina not even 1milion [she got above 800,000]... so roughtly said Layfon is above 20times stronger than her ^^ strange that as for a captain her level is very close to that sniper guy...normaly she should be 2x stronger than him...)

Mei: well typical hero-complex the one who got saved by Layfon from death and here is the crush like all other girls in the school.... becouse he is cool and powerfull.... well but its rather 1sided crush (since 1v1 in the park and all that layfon was thinking is lilin...)

to put in few words in discriptions:

Lilin: pure love without any hideing meening behind it
Feli: im the same as you situation (im a tool for fighting...)
Nina: power jelousy
Mei: typical hero-complex ^^

Well it only past few episodes and to tell it more we need to see at least 2x that much episodes ^^ but anyway right now im a LayfonxLilin pairing fan ^^ since both of them keep thinking about the other one... and its rather pure without any hideing meening behind it...(like hero-complex, power jelousy or I'm the same like you situation...)

That last part of the scene I mentioned here could prove something. If a girl worrying about a guy to the extent she wants to cry (especially after what she did to him herself) could justify Nina's possible inclusion into Layfon's harem, then I guess I'll have to be content with the discoveries... for now.

nah I rather would say that she is worried becouse if she hurt him so badly he might leave the squad17 and the same the squad might end up disbounded... she feels guilty becouse it might be her fault for that to happen.... well she finally found someone to add in her squad and she already hurt that person so badly...

Feli was worried there too... since you forgot how close she was to him when he was regenerating on the bed.... so its natural for someone to worry about someone else then you hurt that person.... thre is no romance in there in my eyes...

TrueKnight
2009-02-15, 10:48
Well anime is not the novel or manga. The anime may used most elements from them but so far the differ in terms of storytelling. You won't find how Felli looked like in her maid-outfit glory that's for sure. In terms of developement and relationship so far, Felli and Mei have got alot of screentime and it's clear they're into the competition.

Felli well she feels Fon-fon's the only one who would understand her because of their similiar position. Heck she even nick named him personally, so far that nick stayed exlusive with Felli x Fonfon. She also listened to Fon-fon when he plead for help, where up until ep 5 she's basically shows this 'I don't care attitude', and finally, it's Fon-fon that's capable making her smile.

I think Fon-fon is pretty important for her, not sure if Fon-fon feels the same though. I agree that most likely they'll leave the ending open ended. If that's the case then I demanded a HAREM one.

Master Assassin
2009-02-15, 12:34
No, I demand the Missing Mail omake ending!

Just kidding. :D

Current information in hand: Two already confirmed, as for the other two... one having somewhat good vibes with Fon-fon but not really confirmed yet (with that deadpan attitude + face it's hard to tell anything), while one... still needs more screentime for me to be able to confirm my suspicions (okay, lots of Felli is fine too, but Miss Captain needs some of her own too).

In my thoughts about 'em:

Leerin: she has an advantage since she's Layfon's childhood friend and of course, she's the first in his mind whenever he thinks of a girl...

Felli: I should say, whenever Fon-fon is involved, she's damn cute (I hate to admit it but yeah now I just did) and makes me want to laugh everytime she talks with him and end up with funny results (the "give Fon-fon his nickname" episode especially).

Mei: I get the feeling she's even far much better than Layfon, given the fact that how Layfon can actually cook as revealed in episode 6 (pffffttt--- Felli... I just can't resist wanting to laugh). Out of the three Zuellnians, I probably think she's the best when it comes to cookery, followed by Nina (in the Missing Mail manga, Layfon can't believe she can actually make tea; and even tries to imagine Nina in a maid uniform!).

Nina: Outside training and battles (and of course, when she's on good terms with Layfon) she's quite friendly that it's hard for me to discern friendship and/or any signs of feelings which makes me wonder - how is she counted as a member of the harem, again? Gosh, I got to blame the Missing Mail omake for making me believe she's in, although in the first place I really wanted it to happen somehow before the omake even came out...

zalem
2009-02-15, 13:02
To be honest, I don't really like Layfon with any of the girls. I don't think any of them go well with him. LayfonxNina could work for me if she improved her character and stopped being quite so hot-headed. Until that happens though, it doesn't work. I like Felli, but I don't picture her romantically with Layfon. Mei...well, you all already know my opinion of her and she has the least chance with him anyway.

Now as to what couple I think has the best chance, that's obviously LayfonxLilin. If things get resolved romantically at all it'll be in that direction. I'm pretty ambivalent about that couple though. I need to see more Lilin before I can judge whether I really like her or not.

Cinocard
2009-02-15, 14:10
I must say you have a point there.

When the girls' personality are vastly different, no one seems to really fit with Layfon. It's just hard imagining him and any of the girls walking hand in hand. Except Lilin, as of this point we don't know much about her yet.

The one that fit to be with Layfon should be lady-like, calm, and express her kindness aboveboard. A childhood friend who already understands him and can skip the blushing-process is even better.

germanturkey
2009-02-15, 14:24
Raises Layfon x Lilin flag.. i mean come on. childhood friend. how can she not win?

Manji Midou
2009-02-15, 17:45
o.o :stares at topic:

not much romantic development has been going on so far but from the stuff l've seen so far ...l'm hoping for either a...
LilinxLayfon pairing.
NinaxLayfon pairing.
MeixLayfon pairing.
ln that exact same order from top to bottom.

Cinocard
2009-02-15, 19:06
And you don't even put Felli in there? That's strange from someone who likes to watch Regios :heh:

zalem
2009-02-15, 19:08
Manji dislikes Felli, so of course she won't be on that list. Just like Mei would never be on mine (though again, I don't really even have a list. I don't like anyone with Layfon at the moment.) It's all a matter of preference afterall.

monir
2009-02-15, 19:37
Nina: Outside training and battles (and of course, when she's on good terms with Layfon) she's quite friendly that it's hard for me to discern friendship and/or any signs of feelings which makes me wonder - how is she counted as a member of the harem, again? Gosh, I got to blame the Missing Mail omake for making me believe she's in, although in the first place I really wanted it to happen somehow before the omake even came out...
I'm placing my chips on Nina, the girl with obvious complex. As soon as she can get out of her taichou mode where she presumes she is Layfon's captain, I expect to see her exploring other thoughts regarding Layfon. Of course, a harem is never out of fashion.

Clarste
2009-02-15, 19:49
Here's my take on all the possible pairings so far, based on my knowledge of narrative tropes:

Leerin: "Girlfriend by default" from before the story. It's unclear if they were "official" before he left his hometown, but if she ever shows up in Zuellni (or he goes back) I think she has the best chance. This is not because she's the childhood friend; those often lose. Then again, she's also the type of character who gets killed off for drama. We'll see.

Mei: She has no chance whatsoever. She's actually quite likely to become his girlfriend mid-series, but then she'd have to die or dramatically give him up or be rejected for whatever reason. It's impossible for her to win in the end.

Felli: They have a nice chemistry and I like the fact that they have similar problems and can relate to each other through that. Also there's an element of being each other's "secret keeper" in that they can be honest around each other in a way that they can't around others (on certain kinds of topics anyway). Felli has also been given a lot of focus from quite early on. However, as much as I'd like to see this, its very unlikely to happen. She's afflicted by the "tsundere curse" and will remain friend-zoned in all likelihood. Good friends though, who compliment each other in their skills and have a lot of trust when it counts.

Nina: She's the wild card at this point. Narratively, she's obviously the primary heroine from the beginning, but there's really a distinct lack of romantic interaction or subtext between her and Layfon. Frankly, you could probably replace her with a male character without changing very much at all. They have a combination of "buddy" character development (while at the part time job mostly) and a "cop versus superhero" kind of rivalry during the platoon parts. If she ever steps up as a love interest I could see her winning, but if she doesn't then she'll just never have been in the running. It's not like heroines have to be paired with heroes.

TrueKnight
2009-02-15, 19:57
Hmm we don't know yet. With 18 more episodes remaining ep there are still huge chunk of chances for developing the story and Fon-fon's interactions with the girls. Cover 11 of novel consist Felli in the front followed by Leerin, Nina and Mei last lol. I'm still hoping for Fonfon to melt Felli's ice like that useless red-haired guy did with the ice girl in Kimikiss. So yeah here's still betting on Fonfon x Felli.

SageGaiGar
2009-02-15, 22:58
Mei's basic problem is she's the Moe blob. Cute.. yes but still a moe blob.

Redlar
2009-02-16, 06:09
Hmm we don't know yet. With 18 more episodes remaining ep there are still huge chunk of chances for developing the story and Fon-fon's interactions with the girls. Cover 11 of novel consist Felli in the front followed by Leerin, Nina and Mei last lol. I'm still hoping for Fonfon to melt Felli's ice like that useless red-haired guy did with the ice girl in Kimikiss. So yeah here's still betting on Fonfon x Felli.

Well, I wouldn't put too much faith in the covers. Volume 9 seems to show a three-way confrontation between Felli, Leerin, and Nina in date-style clothing, with Fon trapped in between the three of them at night, though that might be like back of the book summaries: Promising something that isn't quite what happens in the book."
I think Nina manages to take the lead in that volume, after he visits her in the hospital. Things start to heat up in Volume 10, where Mei and Felli plot a counter-attack, and Volume 11 basically is the start of romantic war between Mei, Felli, Leerin, and Nina. It's got an interesting scene where an embarrased Felli and surprised Reifon are confronted by Mei and Leerin, but I'm not quite sure what happened there. Felli collapsed on the ground with a blush though, so draw your own conclusions. There's definitely a big chance for Nina, who seems to be the stereotypical Shonen anime heroine/romance interest. Leerin's entrance is sure to destabilize any relationship Reifon makes, and Mei seems to remain a contender throughout the series.

But I'm also hoping for a Fonfon x Felli ending. A Fleecy is fine too. (Freezy is obviously Engrish at its best.)

Master Assassin
2009-02-16, 06:20
Well, I wouldn't put too much faith in the covers. Volume 9 seems to show a three-way confrontation between Felli, Leerin, and Nina in date-style clothing, with Fon trapped in between the three of them at night, though that might be like back of the book summaries: Promising something that isn't quite what happens in the book."
I think Nina manages to take the lead in that volume, after he visits her in the hospital. Things start to heat up in Volume 10, where Mei and Felli plot a counter-attack, and Volume 11 basically is the start of romantic war between Mei, Felli, Leerin, and Nina. It's got an interesting scene where an embarrased Felli and surprised Reifon are confronted by Mei and Leerin, but I'm not quite sure what happened there. Felli collapsed on the ground with a blush though, so draw your own conclusions. There's definitely a big chance for Nina, who seems to be the stereotypical Shonen anime heroine/romance interest. Leerin's entrance is sure to destabilize any relationship Reifon makes, and Mei seems to remain a contender throughout the series.

But I'm also hoping for a Fonfon x Felli ending. A Fleecy is fine too.

... Whoa. The anime needs to get to that part quick! O_O

So, if you say so (in the spoiler)... that means I need to doubt Nina's "qualification of inclusion" into the harem no more, right?

That means another one of my suspicions cleared. Same goes for Felli. Man, Layfon's surely has a power which unwillingly makes him a chick magnet. Probably his Kei doesn't only contain that zomglolwutSaiyajingawdhax power, but some special... *cough*pheromones*cough*

Redlar
2009-02-16, 06:25
Yeah, Nina's going to become more noticeable in those terms. If Felli isn't careful, she might lose in the anime.

TrueKnight
2009-02-16, 06:26
I think Nina manages to take the lead in that volume, after he visits her in the hospital. Things start to heat up in Volume 10, where Mei and Felli plot a counter-attack, and Volume 11 basically is the start of romantic war between Mei, Felli, Leerin, and Nina. It's got an interesting scene where an embarrased Felli and surprised Reifon are confronted by Mei and Leerin, but I'm not quite sure what happened there. Felli collapsed on the ground with a blush though, so draw your own conclusions.

Epic win. Now I just had to follow this series to the very end in order to see this comes to fruitition! :D

*further waves Fon-fon x Felli Flag *

Cinocard
2009-02-16, 11:16
But...Volume 11? Now I'm wondering if we can get anywhere with 24 episodes.

willyvereb
2009-02-16, 11:19
My thoughts about the heroines relationship with Lay-Fon:
-Leerin:archtype:"childhood friend". Probably Lay-Fon's "former" GF. She's the one who knows him the longest and probably the best.Role:firing up the romance, (probably) support.
Win(in sense of romance) possibility: High
-Feli:Archtype:"mysterious loli". A near emotionless doll in appearance. She found him somewhat similar to herself and begin to attracted to him. The second most powerfull person in Zuleni, but relucant to use her powers because she feels like she's used.Role:comrade in arms, moe factor, comedy element.
Win possiblity: Medium
-Mei:Archtype: "damsell in distress". She saved by Layton at the start of the story and begins to attracted to him. She sees him as some kind of knight and the most dedicated to the romance.Role:moe factor, comedy element
Win possibility: Low
-Nina:Archtype:"knight"? A honest and friendly person who's very hard-working. She's the last of the "harem". polar opposite of Feli both in looks and personality. Yearning for more power to protect the weak(and Zuleni) more effectively. She's been trough some painfull situations and has a very kind inside. She considers Lay-Fon as a friend and comrade for now.Role:comrade in arms, leader.
Win possibility: High(currently Lay-Fon shows the most interest to her)

Urei
2009-02-16, 12:30
Great, a new shipping ground. Not? Anyway, going for Felli for obvious reasons :)

Manji Midou
2009-02-16, 12:46
I think Nina manages to take the lead in that volume, after he visits her in the hospital. Things start to heat up in Volume 10, where Mei and Felli plot a counter-attack, and Volume 11 basically is the start of romantic war between Mei, Felli, Leerin, and Nina. It's got an interesting scene where an embarrased Felli and surprised Reifon are confronted by Mei and Leerin, but I'm not quite sure what happened there. Felli collapsed on the ground with a blush though, so draw your own conclusions.

Hmm, epic lost for felis maybe?
Layfon probably told her to get lost and she couldn't handle the rejection.

Master Assassin
2009-02-16, 12:54
Hmm, epic lost for felis maybe?
Layfon probably told her to get lost and she couldn't handle the rejection.

Where'd that come from... Things don't work that way.

Girls don't respond to a rejection with the guy looking surprised (and confused, maybe) and they themselves blushing like mad before fainting. They would be depressed.

Manji Midou
2009-02-16, 13:05
Where'd that come from... Things don't work that way.

Girls don't respond to a rejection with the guy looking surprised (and confused, maybe) and they themselves blushing like mad before fainting. They would be depressed.

She was so depressed she fainted?:heh:

what l find interesting is that mei is still around...considering she is a minor character?

willyvereb
2009-02-16, 13:10
not quite right cuz ppl rarely blushes when depressed...i think she's deadly emberassed(loli-echi element?)...

Urei
2009-02-16, 13:11
I'd love to see that in animation :D

Master Assassin
2009-02-16, 13:12
Even then, did you even take into account she was embarrassed and blushing while Layfon was shocked while the two other girls barged in when they are together...

... I can't really feel any sense coming out from that statement "Felli fainted because she was depressed while blushing and looking embarassed..." that would be a weird response to a rejection. Of course, Layfon looking surprised might be because of that but... still, it doesn't make any sense.

Or maybe I'm just too tired to think that it actually made any sense... time for the bed. >_>

Manji Midou
2009-02-16, 13:22
Or maybe I'm just too tired to think that it actually made any sense... time for the bed. >_>

No, l'm just trying to be difficult with you on purpose in a playful way.:heh:
but in all seriousness...l dunno how that scene favors any of the girls

willyvereb
2009-02-16, 13:28
Maybe a bit Feli, but it's not something that realy counted as big effect.(if you consider that everything exept her hair far from big:P)

Cinocard
2009-02-16, 13:32
No, l'm just trying to be difficult with you on purpose in a playful way.:heh:
but in all seriousness...l dunno how that scene favors any of the girls

What? It favors Layfon the most, and the reason I'm even bothered with the harem is because of Layfon himself. So no matter what comes out, it's pure win :D

Manji Midou
2009-02-16, 13:37
Maybe a bit Feli, but it's not something that realy counted as big effect.(if you consider that everything exept her hair far from big:P)

true.....but perhaps she was confiding in him something personal....and never expected the others to overhear her and collapsed from the embarrasment...that could also explain layfon's shocked expression

What? It favors Layfon the most, and the reason I'm even bothered with the harem is because of Layfon himself. So no matter what comes out, it's pure win :D

How does it favor him....?
l don't have access to the novels....so l got no clue:heh:

willyvereb
2009-02-16, 13:42
Whatever happens Layfon gets fanservice ;)...i think it means that.

Silaqui
2009-02-16, 15:18
*waves Fon-Fon X Felli flag*

germanturkey
2009-02-16, 17:57
i doubt there'll be much fanservice in this show.. fanservice in the traditional sense means panty shots, cute girls in vulnerable positions.. etc. he'll have a harem, no doubt about that..

Clarste
2009-02-16, 18:23
i doubt there'll be much fanservice in this show.. fanservice in the traditional sense means panty shots, cute girls in vulnerable positions.. etc. he'll have a harem, no doubt about that..

I'm pretty sure maid costumes and breast grabbing count as fanservice. Also, they snuck in a few shower and changing room scenes.

Bonta Kun
2009-02-16, 18:38
I'm pretty sure maid costumes and breast grabbing count as fanservice. Also, they snuck in a few shower and changing room scenes.

thats hardly fanservice.....well to me anyway:D

I'm jumping on the Fon-Fen band wagon, the lastest ep has em looking like a couple:D

and also Felli has Fon-Fon whipped:heh:

Tjaard
2009-02-16, 19:22
An Harem ending is surely good, but i raise a Layfon X Nina, i hope for a big development for her personality;)
I like Felli too, but surely not Lilin, because is a obvious relationship.

prototype_sky
2009-02-16, 20:01
So the ending song is sung with multiple version with each of the main heroines. which one do you think is the best? IMHO Felli was the best duet then Nina and finally Leerin :)

Xellos-_^
2009-02-16, 20:11
watching ep6, i am wondering if we need to add Naruki the cop girl onto FonFon's harem list.

TrueKnight
2009-02-16, 20:13
you mean ep 6, dude? yea I agree Narki could be added in the list. Fon-fon's such a stud he's not satisfied until he got 'em all lol. -_-;

SageGaiGar
2009-02-16, 20:26
you mean ep 6, dude? yea I agree Narki could be added in the list. Fon-fon's such a stud he's not satisfied until he got 'em all lol. -_-;

She's an honorary member, possible new recruit.

prototype_sky
2009-02-16, 20:58

Even the city spirit wanted to know what was in the letter :heh:

Deathkillz
2009-02-16, 21:35
^ She has more of a chance than Mei :rolleyes:

Personally why it is idealisic to think Fonfon x Felli, a part of me seems to think that Nina has more of a chance seen as Fonfon doesn't seem like the lolicon type...at this point in time that is ;)

TrueKnight
2009-02-16, 21:52
To be frank, so far up to ep 6 in the anime the one that's currently ahead is Leerin because of that kiss in ep 1. But, somehow until ep 6 Fon-fon manage to build up relationships and intercations equally with Felli and Mei for them to hide the Lilin's letter desperately, heck, even out of no where helping poor Narki with her weakling police squad patrols which possibly ends her in the competition also. Nina well she's like Lyuze from Casshern acting all emo and inferior from Fon-fon's power but will without doubt fell for him as the story goes if Fon-fon's continue acting all nice to her lol.

sniperz
2009-02-16, 22:56
Layfon has 4 imo ;X

TrueKnight
2009-02-16, 23:06
Dude, that 4 are actually 'by default' and are already automatically given whom are Nina, Felli, Leerin and Mei. While the current addition love interest is currently Narki.

Voitan
2009-02-17, 00:19
I'll also join my interest in the Felli x Layfon pairing for the good chemistry, but with the possibility of some sexy arguments and revelations between Nina and Layfon later in the future to slide it in her favor.

I'm not interested in childhood friends who have yet to show more than a few scenes. I hope she's an utter bitch to the other girls, I'd love that! Hell it may make me decide to side with her then... Mmmm...

CybEssen
2009-02-17, 01:40
Picturing LayfonxNaruki, something just seems kind of off.. It's hard to describe but yeah. Then again she just entered the fray sooo..

Not much is known about Lilin 'cept the childhood friend binding, and that she scored a touchdown before Layfon left Grendan. Need more details about her..

Nina is just gloomy atm, here comes "the new guy" who needless to say toys with her in the practice sparring match, at least that's how she sees it anyway. When he activates GAR mode and like rapes everything it blows her mind.

I guess to her Military Arts is serious business so it makes her :frustrated: when she sees Layfon not use any of the immense power he has, with him screwing around and all. Then comes the 1UP in the recent inter-platoon match where Nina successfully gets Layfon to use some of his power but they still lose(?). The bar is set too high by Layfon and Nina is trying to chase it to no avail. This is getting in the way of a possible "friendly" relationship.

There's obviously something there in Felli but it's kind of difficult to see at least for now, she's slowly changing from her "I hate being used" to "if it's necessary" due to Layfon's influence but she comes with the "show no emotions" which is part of her class description.. Like all male leads, Layfon makes a great kicking bag.

Mei is just ehh.. Typical hero complex. The fact that she implodes every time she hears Layfon's name or sees Layfon is hurting her already low chance.

Layfon himself is just a really nice guy. He bags people just by doing favors. Sheesh.

About the fairy.. I don't even wanna know...

So the ending song is sung with multiple version with each of the main heroines. which one do you think is the best? IMHO Felli was the best duet then Nina and finally Leerin :)

Same order for me too.. Something about Leerin/Lilin's full version seemed kind of.. off. Felli's was great though.

Redlar
2009-02-17, 02:28
I can see Naruki falling for Reifon, but as for having a chance...:upset: It would be very interesting, but five romantic interests might be a bit much...

I prefer Leerin's version over Nina's version, but Felli's version is at the top.

http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/7105/testeraq0.th.jpg (http://img208.imageshack.us/my.php?image=testeraq0.jpg)Click on it for a slightly bigger version.

willyvereb
2009-02-17, 02:42
If i am not mistaken they're won the match(cause the flag that stands on the pole is the 17th squad's, and it's remained almost untouched). The thing why Nina was nervous because Lay-Fon did almost anything and without sweat. It's terrified Nina a bit and somehow felt dishonoured because everything was done by probably Lay-Fon...
Perhaps there's many good scenes with Fon-fon and Felli, but the former not showing much interest to her...Watching the last ep with subs, the ep7 preview's subs signs some new Nina x Lay-Fon development...

Slick_rick
2009-02-17, 03:16
Nina is just gloomy atm, here comes "the new guy" who needless to say toys with her in the practice sparring match, at least that's how she sees it anyway. When he activates GAR mode and like rapes everything it blows her mind.

I think it has more to do with her wanting to become stronger than her being jealous or upset about his actions.

I guess to her Military Arts is serious business so it makes her :frustrated: when she sees Layfon not use any of the immense power he has, with him screwing around and all. Then comes the 1UP in the recent inter-platoon match where Nina successfully gets Layfon to use some of his power but they still lose(?). The bar is set too high by Layfon and Nina is trying to chase it to no avail. This is getting in the way of a possible "friendly" relationship.

That Nina chases that bar is why I really like her. I think she'll eventually get much stronger as the series progress. The others in the team members problems as I see it is that Felli doesn't want to try and Sharnid doesn't seem to want to take a risky shot (serious problem for a sharpshooter). I think that Nina and Layfon already have a friendly relationship hopefully they make more progress soon on the romantic side.

If i am not mistaken they're won the match(cause the flag that stands on the pole is the 17th squad's, and it's remained almost untouched). The thing why Nina was nervous because Lay-Fon did almost anything and without sweat. It's terrified Nina a bit and somehow felt dishonoured because everything was done by probably Lay-Fon...
Perhaps there's many good scenes with Fon-fon and Felli, but the former not showing much interest to her...Watching the last ep with subs, the ep7 preview's subs signs some new Nina x Lay-Fon development...

No, I'm pretty sure they lost. Duo (forgot his real name) even mentioned to Layfon that he should have told them earlier, he was still injured from the fight in Ep5, so they could have forfeited. I think the match was more to show that Nina was releasing that without Layfon at 100 percent they are a really really weak team. I'm pretty sure she was off doing her own special training to get stronger in Ep6.

I support Nina X Layfon. I think she's the best person for him to stop running away from whatever he's running away from. She's mature and in Ep6 unlike the other girls wasn't a chicken and just gave him the letter. I think she and him have the best relationship so far.

willyvereb
2009-02-17, 03:32
Maybe because she didn't see him as a loved one but as a friend...perhaps because of Nina's knightly nature she would surely gave him the letter in person anyways but after that she would have started to question him about the girl and the city...
Nina's best(and worst) attribute that she always give her best to anything and no matter how hopeless the situation she won't step back.

Slick_rick
2009-02-17, 03:54
Maybe because she didn't see him as a loved one but as a friend...perhaps because of Nina's knightly nature she would surely gave him the letter in person anyways but after that she would have started to question him about the girl and the city...
Nina's best(and worst) attribute that she always give her best to anything and no matter how hopeless the situation she won't step back.

Well we don't really know her feelings towards him but she certainly could have waited for him to get out of the shower or chased after him before he went in to give him back the letter but instead he hung onto it. Also when the fairy tried to open it she said "I know how you feel". Unlike Felli and Mei though she didn't wimp out of giving it to him in person which is admirable.

I don't think her doing her best is her worst attribute. So far that has inspired Layfon to start trying on both occasions. If anything I'd say that her worst attribute is her doing trying to do too many things by herself though with her team I can see why she does to some extent.

willyvereb
2009-02-17, 04:25
the most important development would be to her character when she became less independent and leans more to her teammates...
I think her do or die attitude is somewhat overly reckless...we could list the situations in her life when that attitude of hers caused almost her death. So it's her best and worst part of her character...
Ok i listened to the duets(i have a tendency to skip op/ed's so i've to pay attention to it to actualy listen it) and have to say i can't chose beetween Nina's and Felli's(because even tough Felli's sound better hers a bit too tinkling...) and Leelin's absoultely lacks power.

DragoonKain3
2009-02-17, 16:27
Well, I'm just glad that there's some people here who are also aware that the childhood friend is more often a good thing rather than a bad thing, in terms of canon probabilities.

Of course, it goes without saying I support NinaXHarley and LeerinXLayfon.

NinaXHarley mainly because it's kinda amusing they gender-switched the stereotype... you've got the male this time who follows his childhood friend to the ends of the earth, supporting her all the way, rather than the other way around.

LeerinXLayfon... they still keep in touch through letters, and Leerin is still in the forefront of Layfon's mind as exhibited in some of the episodes. Two thumbs up from me; the fire burns brightly still. ^_^

Granted, Felli is still up there... I blame Nakahara, who is my #1 seiyuu, and she did wonderful as a Ruri clone. Definitely a step up from her Aono of Sola, and like Takako of Otoboku fame, the fantastic VA work alone done for that character rivals my bias for the childhood friend.

willyvereb
2009-02-17, 16:47
Harley not a childhood friend just knows her for a long time, because:Nina is a runaway children of a Noble House famous for it's Military artists...the probability that she got away with him is close to zero

We know very little about Leerin but i have no problem if she and Layfon will get together...i am better with that than with Felli or Nina.

DragoonKain3
2009-02-17, 19:02
^
Anime canon disagrees with you.

Epsiode 3 @ 14:14

'Osananajimi dakara ne.'
'She and I are childhood friends.'

Yeah, without a doubt Harley and Nina are childhood friends, as it came straight out of the horse's mouth. Heck, that sentence was only part of the what he said in full, where he said that he understands Nina because of their bond as childhood friends, yet another common aspect of the archetype.

TrueKnight
2009-02-17, 21:26
Felli is currently catching up in terms of development and relationship with his beloved Fon-fon as seen in ep 6. It's only a matter of time before she took the lead over other girls and in the end she'd have Fon-fon as her favourite toy exclusively all to herself haha.

Felli x Fon-fon ftw

willyvereb
2009-02-18, 03:51
currently Layfon has greater interest in Nina...and she didn't do anything actively to achive that...imagine what happens if she starts fighting for Layfon...she's a very strong competitor...not to mention Leerin who scored the first point before everyone else even met him.

Imagine_Breaker
2009-02-18, 04:34
layfon score above 19,800,000 while nina not even 1milion [she got above 800,000]... so roughtly said Layfon is above 20times stronger than her ^^ strange that as for a captain her level is very close to that sniper guy...normaly she should be 2x stronger than him...)

you know the difficulty setting for all the characters was different Layfon was at lvl 10 Nina at 8 sniper guy at 7 and felli lol at 4 (man she really puts her effort into training hahaha) so Layfon would be more than 20x as powerful as Nina.... I guess thats kinda kicking Nina while she is down but had to be said LMAO!

Xellos-_^
2009-02-18, 16:15
currently Layfon has greater interest in Nina...and she didn't do anything actively to achive that...imagine what happens if she starts fighting for Layfon...she's a very strong competitor...not to mention Leerin who scored the first point before everyone else even met him.

where did you get that form?

Edit: Is this a anime only discussion or is manga and novel also included?

Slick_rick
2009-02-18, 16:49
where did you get that form?

I'd have to agree with him and I've only seen the anime. Felli and Mei are chasing after him actively but Nina seems to be more a concern to him. Most of that has to do with other reasons not romantic in nature but he still seems more interested in her. Her words often cause him to reconsider his actions and change. They've both basically told each other their life stories and have a lot in common.

If you want you can add a novel or manga information put it in a spoiler tag. Though I don't know if I'll read it as I don't want to spoil myself for later events yet. Also most information from a novel and manga can be taken out of context and it's hard to refute it if you don't have access to that information. So I'd probably just disregard it anyway.

Silaqui
2009-02-18, 17:16
I'd have to agree with him and I've only seen the anime. Felli and Mei are chasing after him actively but Nina seems to be more a concern to him. Most of that has to do with other reasons not romantic in nature but he still seems more interested in her. Her words often cause him to reconsider his actions and change. They've both basically told each other their life stories and have a lot in common.

I don't know if Layfon really cares more for Nina then the others. Just look at episode 5. Layfon didn't want to fight, although he knew, that Nina would probably die. Later on, when he thought about Mei he reconsidered his decision and joined the fight.

Slick_rick
2009-02-18, 18:29
I don't know if Layfon really cares more for Nina then the others. Just look at episode 5. Layfon didn't want to fight, although he knew, that Nina would probably die. Later on, when he thought about Mei he reconsidered his decision and joined the fight.

He cares or else he wouldn't have gone to her and asked her to escape. Why did he reconsider his decision though? Wasn't because of what Nina told him about protecting those who are important to you? Her words seem to have a strong influence on his actions so far in the series. He's also seen worry about her in Ep6 and wanting to continue talking to her at the end of Ep6 after she delivers the letter and turns to leave.

Master Assassin
2009-02-18, 19:24
So it seems right now, even though I can barely see it logically, Nina actually has a "lead" on the others?

Slick_rick
2009-02-18, 20:38
So it seems right now, even though I can barely see it logically, Nina actually has a "lead" on the others?

Well that's just my opinion on it. I think it's a fairly logical conclusion from what we have seen so far. I have yet to see enough to form an opinion on how he feels about Leerin yet so that's a mystery.

Xellos-_^
2009-02-18, 20:49

If you want you can add a novel or manga information put it in a spoiler tag. Though I don't know if I'll read it as I don't want to spoil myself for later events yet. Also most information from a novel and manga can be taken out of context and it's hard to refute it if you don't have access to that information. So I'd probably just disregard it anyway.

the manga is defintely leaning toward Felli as the 2 had the most interaction and the fact that they were planning to elope when the city became under attack by filth beast.

in the anime i see FonFon's attitude toward Nina as more of a dmiration as she has a ideal and goal to work for while he is still trying to figure out what he is. Outside of work and training they seemt o have very little contact. Certainly far less the FonFon and Felli.

Slick_rick
2009-02-18, 21:11
the manga is defintely leaning toward Felli as the 2 had the most interaction and the fact that they were planning to elope when the city became under attack by filth beast.

in the anime i see FonFon's attitude toward Nina as more of a dmiration as she has a ideal and goal to work for while he is still trying to figure out what he is. Outside of work and training they seemt o have very little contact. Certainly far less the FonFon and Felli.

Can't refute because I have no knowledge of the manga but either way the manga has no real bearing on what's happening in the Anime. They can both be pushing different leads or that scene just shipping fodder, taken out of context, etc. Manga adaptations tend take a different course on relationships sometimes.

In the anime while Felli and Layfon have a bit more interaction it's due to her pursuing him not the other way around. Nina isn't chasing after him but he certainly even at times when he is with Felli he worries and wonders at her. His major actions and decisions so far have been because of her. So far for all the interaction Felli and Layfon have had so far he hasn't been shown to have any romantic interest in her. Layfon and Nina have so far been influencing each other a lot and both changing because of it.

monir
2009-02-18, 21:12
Usually when a thread title doesn't have anything specific-mention such as [anime-only] or [manga], then any spoilers that spoils future event can be disclosed under clearly marked spoiler tags. In this case, spoilers are allowed as long as it is subject specific and the tags are clearly marked.

For the subject of Layfon x Nina pairing, I agree that these two seem to have shown little interest at each other anything remotely that concerns romance. Nina seems to be there as a plot device just to glorify Layfon's superiority in combat. Her lacking only fuels her inferiority complex. Layfon, on the other hand, seems a little distraught whenever Nina is feeling the blue thanks to his superior combat skill. Nothing romantic really, but definitely ammunition for talks. His tired head resting on Nina's chest after fighting the faceless enemies gives rise to further talks. I know, straw-grabbing at best. :heh: Whether it'll lead to anywhere is up in smoke at this time in the anime.

roan
2009-02-18, 21:18
The Felli manga has no bearing on anything really. Most fans just call it a "fan" manga. It's a respected one, but still a "fan" one.

Clarste
2009-02-19, 03:42
Let's do a thought experiment, shall we? Replace Nina with a (straight) male character. How many of their interactions change at all? I'd say very very few. While Nina's certainly important to Layfon's thoughts and actions, that doesn't necessarily imply romance. If anything they're closer to rivals right now.

If they ever do set her up as a love interest, I'd say she has a good chance, but until then she's just not part of his harem. Yet.

willyvereb
2009-02-19, 04:39
No but i have to say that's true but remember that Layfon don't have any romantic feelings(at least seemingly) towards anyone...nor Mei, nor Felli, nor Nina...Leerin maybe an exeption but who knows...so i have to say it's mean nothing.
But i think when Nina starts to have romantic feelings towards Layfon she won't hesitate to show it...perhaps she had to admit it first...

TrueKnight
2009-02-19, 04:43
And while Nina still searching for her self identity or realizing her feelings towards Layfon before she even realizes it Felli already went for the kill and steals Fon-fon's affection.

willyvereb
2009-02-19, 04:52
If thats the case then Layfon would show to her some romantic vibes already...but no...thats the reason why i gave her medium possibility to win the "harem wars", while Nina and Leerin got High. Because Felli made more effort than Mei towards Layfon but in the end even she got out more emotion from Layfon than she...perhaps the lot effort bears it's fruit someday...I personaly rooting for no one but i am a little bit biassed(and not towards Felli) so maybe i am wrong...

Slick_rick
2009-02-19, 04:58
Let's do a thought experiment, shall we? Replace Nina with a (straight) male character. How many of their interactions change at all? I'd say very very few. While Nina's certainly important to Layfon's thoughts and actions, that doesn't necessarily imply romance. If anything they're closer to rivals right now.

If they ever do set her up as a love interest, I'd say she has a good chance, but until then she's just not part of his harem. Yet.

Does your interactions with people change just based on their sex? Sure, they interaction hasn't been primarily romantic in nature but it certainly demonstrates a closeness, understanding and influence on each other that far exceeds the other girls. Both Mei and Felli are chasing after him but he has yet to show any feelings beyond friendship for either but even though Nina doesn't chase after him he seems to want to be closer to her. Most of Layfon's actions are based on Nina's influence on him. If Nina was male I'd be questioning Layfon's sexuality a bit and the Yaoi fangirls would have a field day with it. If anything I'd say he would be most likely the one to pursue a relationship with her. She'd probably just want to fight him instead though.:heh:

TrueKnight
2009-02-19, 05:04
If I need to be frank,

Up until anime ep 6:

The girls affections towards Fon-fon:

- Nina: low;
- Felli: medium - high;
- Mei : high;
- Leerin : very high;
- Narki: low - medium;
- Mifi: lol wut?

Fon-fon’s affection towards the girls:

- Nina: low – medium;
- Felli: low – medium;
- Mei: medium;
- Leerin: high – very high;
- Narki: low – medium;
- Mifi: lol wut?

>.>

TrueKnight
2009-02-19, 05:14
lol fuck forgot to add Zuellni:

Zuellni towards Fon-fon : medium - high
Fon-fo towards Zuellni: low - medium.

willyvereb
2009-02-19, 05:23
You overestimates Mei XD...not to mention you put Narki, Felli and Nina in the same league(not to mention that they're lower ranked than Mei in your opinion)
My guess:
Girls to Layfon:
-Nina:low to somewhat average
-Felli:high(no one other than Fon-fon can convince her to use her powers)
-Mei:high(not very high because she had already confessed then no matter what)
-Leerin:very high
-Narki:low to average
-Mifi:low(cuz her friendship with Mei)
-Zuelni:medium(only because he's the friend of her only friend, Nina)

Layfon to the girls:
- Nina:medium(in my book medium a litle bit higher than average)
- Felli:low to medium
- Mei:low to medium(even if she brought out more emotions from Layton. Because he never seeks her.)
- Leerin: high(childhood friend and his only supporter from Grendan)
- Narki:low
- Mifi:close to zero(who is she? Oh...the photographer girl with Mei!-Layton)
- Zuelni: low to average(lol...he's more intrested in an AI than Mei...poor Mei XD)

EDIT:the affection rates are edited because of the later posts influence.

Clarste
2009-02-19, 05:32
Mei represents the civilian life Layfon wanted to have. Then again, so do all her friends. I think Layfon considers them all about the same.

TrueKnight
2009-02-19, 05:37
-Mei:low(even if she brought out more emotions from Layton. Because he never seeks her.)

But she baked him cookies, so far all the girls couldn't do that. Granted Fon-fon hated sweets but he appreciated her effort in their 'date'. >.>

Also the the first thing in his mind (in the anime) when finally decided to defend Zuellni was Mei, although Narki and Mifi comes into mind. So I think she deserves a bit higher in the affection department.

willyvereb
2009-02-19, 05:38
But the one who shows his "future" is currently Nina...fight to not need others to fight, protect the weak and help as much as you can. And it's natural that he have a closer relationship with his teammates than a civilian. And there's the childhood friend who maybe already more than a friend to him...so in "reality" Layfon considers everyone otherwise even if some ppl just a little more or less...

Trueknight:good point...he admires Mei somewhat because she found a peacefull road and when her image flashes i think it's because he's willing to protect her peacefull life and his reference point for whoose he fights for become Mei...so in sense for him the simbol of the City is Mei: A nice hard working girl who deserves a peacefull life.Then that means she's on equal level in terms of Layfon's affection with Felli...interesting.

nina-antalk
2009-02-19, 13:46
I like Nina the most so I hope Layfon and Nina will develop romantic feelings for each other in the anime.I think she has a high chance.

willyvereb
2009-02-19, 14:03
lol...you can't deny your fangirlism(i mean it's obvious with the picture and the name)...
As i stated earlier she has a high chance currently to end up with Layfon(and i heard currently her chance is quite good in the light novels too)...Perhaps there's the determined Felli and the childhood friend Leerin so it would be an easy run...

Momosan
2009-02-19, 23:37
High chances from what I've seen that Layfon ends the season alone.

Nina - Leadership position over main character usually kills the chance for romantic scenes. She seems like the kind of girl who would shut out her emotions for someone for the good of Zuellni. While I'd prefer her over other females I doubt it'll end that way. Layfon needs more booby pillows IMO.

Felli - Inability to express emotions means too many missed opportunities. I think Felli is interested in him as a unique person moreso than a symbol of affection. If Layfon didn't apathetically dominate everything within 5 square miles I don't think she'd even notice him.

Mei - Not even remotely possible. I assume anything she can offer Layfon will be easily outclassed by Leerin when she arrives. Layfon seemingly had no real interest in her as a woman but admired her ability to find what he apparently can't.

Leerin - Probably the highest chance since they had some kissing scene before he left for Zeullni IIRC. Since she hasn't really been introduced there isn't really much to say though. I always did wonder why he left her to go to Zeullni anyways.

honeypie_0106
2009-02-20, 00:30
Here's my take on Layfon's relationship with the girls

1. Leerin - In the manga, she has always been mentioned by Layfon. One of his sentences even contain the words, " please always remember me..." Even if it has only been portrayed through letters, it shows they have had a deep relationship already. He likes her, she likes him. He puts her in high regards, so most likely she is the one considered to be the most special.

2. Felli - he did mention her in the manga as a school idol, and that he was happy being talked to by her. I can't see her as a love interest yet, I think she is a character created for the "moe effect".

3. Nina - maybe Leerin's biggest rival. I eventually see her boosting his ego - despite her jealousy - and eventially garnering Layfon's dependency of ego boost before a fight. Personal Note: I don't like her at all.

4. Mei - She is Layfon's friend, that has a one-sided love for him. Yes, he thought of her as being the person he wants to protect, but he also thought of her other friends.

Slick_rick
2009-02-20, 01:55
I really like Nina relationship with Layfon because so far it's built on tangible interaction between the two. Unlike Mei and Felli, Nina doesn't fall madly in love with him for little to no reason at first sight which is something that causes me to generally dislike harem plotlines cause this happens way too often in them. She has her own goals and dreams beyond Layfon. Also he might be one of the most powerful fighters in this series but Nina pretty much decimates him when it comes to a verbal battle. I love all the "Omae's" and "Kisama's" she abuses him. I love a woman who knows when to lay the whip down to her man when he's acting up.

willyvereb
2009-02-20, 03:42
High chances from what I've seen that Layfon ends the season alone.

Nina - Leadership position over main character usually kills the chance for romantic scenes. She seems like the kind of girl who would shut out her emotions for someone for the good of Zuellni. While I'd prefer her over other females I doubt it'll end that way. Layfon needs more booby pillows IMO.

Felli - Inability to express emotions means too many missed opportunities. I think Felli is interested in him as a unique person moreso than a symbol of affection. If Layfon didn't apathetically dominate everything within 5 square miles I don't think she'd even notice him.

Mei - Not even remotely possible. I assume anything she can offer Layfon will be easily outclassed by Leerin when she arrives. Layfon seemingly had no real interest in her as a woman but admired her ability to find what he apparently can't.

Leerin - Probably the highest chance since they had some kissing scene before he left for Zeullni IIRC. Since she hasn't really been introduced there isn't really much to say though. I always did wonder why he left her to go to Zeullni anyways.

I have to agree with you exept some "little" things:
-Nina:even tough she's the leader the thing that Layfon acts on his own in the most cases...so i think it's not a problem...not to mention that how her feelings affect negatively the fate of Zuelni? I think the opposite: it gives more reason to him to protect Zuelni!
-Felli's affection not because of Layfon's power but his somehow similar circumstances...He's a powerfull military artists who don't like to fight...
-Mei: ok her love to came true was hopeless from the begining...nowadays damsel in distress=lose.
-Leerin:if he realy loves her i think with Leerin's arrival the whole harem would end, but the things i've heard about the light novel's story suggest that she will be "just" one of the harem girls with high success rate.

And why did Layfon leave Leerin at Grendan? Because if she leaves too then who supports the orphanage?

TrueKnight
2009-02-20, 10:20
Felli, on the other hand, is getting annoying; part of the reason might be with her voice actress (too unnnatural for my taste), along with her stereotypical tsundere persona.

Dude, up to ep 6,

- She nicked him excusively 'Fon-fon'.
- She first time smiled 'cuz Fon-fon.
- Selfish and 'I don't care" Felli participated in battle at Fon-fon's request.
- She hid Lilin's letter intentionally at her own violtion just because it's from Leerin -> girl's name, kept doing it until Mei finally snapped her.
- Intended on kicking Fon-fon just because she found out he learned cooking along other girls at the orphanage.

Yea, she's pretty much smitten by him.. Fon-fon's dumb as an ox, so Felli needs to be more aggresive.

willyvereb
2009-02-20, 10:27
Or he has no romantic interest in her so don't bother it...who knows. Until he shows something there's infinite form of guesses...

Master Assassin
2009-02-20, 10:56
I tried to recall Felli's tone when he was about to take his leave after dinner at her house. As much as how flat it might seem I can trace she's somehow distraught over the letter. I think she wanted to ask about the letter but later drops it and decides not to tell him anything about it.

Also, further back, when Fon-fon said that something feels strange, Felli looks sort of worried that he might have already known he was supposed to receive a letter and somehow it went lost. Further confirmed when, as she turned to him she covers a part of her uniform in which she supposedly hid the letter.

Now all I would want to think of is: why won't a girl let a guy she knew read his letter who's from another girl?

willyvereb
2009-02-20, 11:01
To block the concurence...XD

TrueKnight
2009-02-20, 11:25
She wants Fon-fon all to herself.

Master Assassin
2009-02-20, 11:57
Hmm.

Regarding Leerin's letter in ep 6, I found out something... it seems that not even Nina rests easy knowing about it. Although it's not shown in the anime (so guess where I knew that). But yeah.

willyvereb
2009-02-20, 11:59
Perhaps: Your subordinate got a letter from an unknown girl from his former city...suspicious if he didn't mention her...

Momosan
2009-02-20, 13:25
Dude, up to ep 6,

- She nicked him excusively 'Fon-fon'.
- She first time smiled 'cuz Fon-fon.
- Selfish and 'I don't care" Felli participated in battle at Fon-fon's request.
- She hid Lilin's letter intentionally at her own violtion just because it's from Leerin -> girl's name, kept doing it until Mei finally snapped her.
- Intended on kicking Fon-fon just because she found out he learned cooking along other girls at the orphanage.

Yea, she's pretty much smitten by him.. Fon-fon's dumb as an ox, so Felli needs to be more aggresive.

You misquoted me, but your post was proper in response to mine. As for Felli, sorry homeslice but it's just not going to happen IMO. You say Layfon is dumb as an ox but he was able to accurately read Mei's invitation to dinner as a date, the SCP discussing his Kei analysis, the entire Temp Police scenario. I think Layfon has accurately surmised Felli's growing affections yet during EP 6 when Felli asks him if he has free time he replies "Yeah, but...." as if trying to keep an option to bail out on her.

The only reason I say Leerin has a chance with Layfon is because the only scene I've seen with them they were kissing. Ultimately I assume this will end like all other shounen/action series where the hero nevers resolves his harem.

TrueKnight
2009-02-20, 13:38
but he was able to accurately read Mei's invitation to dinner as a date, the SCP discussing his Kei analysis, the entire Temp Police scenario

And not only that, becoming a Heaven Blade when he was just a kid, asking Felli to give intelligence on the overall battlefield in ep 5, asking Harley to customize his Dite into wires because he knew he'd be facing a swarm of bugs so he could kill them faster and efficiently. He's a capable soldier and knows tactical combat very well.

I guess I should've been clear enough in my definiton that 'dumb as an ox' as in the way girls feels about him. He's quite oblivious in the romance department so far.

I think Layfon has accurately surmised Felli's growing affections yet during EP 6 when Felli asks him if he has free time he replies "Yeah, but...." as if trying to keep an option to bail out on her.

See my previous point, he's oblivious.

The only reason I say Leerin has a chance with Layfon is because the only scene I've seen with them they were kissing.

And I never disagree with this point because I conclude the same if you bother reading. But it's still ep 6 and and with 18 eps left many could happen that proves otherwise.

Ultimately I assume this will end like all other shounen/action series where the hero nevers resolves his harem.

Considering the novel has not ended, this is the most plausible choice and I including several posters already pointed this out few times in the generic thread.

Lostdreams
2009-02-20, 14:32
In the end, I have a feeling that it's going to be CaptainxFonFon

Momosan
2009-02-21, 03:04
@ Trueknight

I did bother reading your post :(. About the only thing I specifically disagreed with you on was that he's not dumb when it comes to relationships. The whole leerin thing was simply a preface to the "He'll end alone" bit. I assume he'll end alone, I think Leerin has the highest chance, but I want him to end with Nina. It was mainly just a rhetorical tidbit into my Regios romance theory. Anywho.

I still don't think he's dumb when it comes to the girl's affections. He saved mei and when was asked to go to a GROUP dinner he agreed. When the other two girls bailed he asked if she wanted to cancel it (I assume because he knew it wasn't simply an outing with friends) and only agreed (while smiling slightly which I assume means it's an acto f compassion not affection) after watching Mei squirm around unable to express her feelings. Fast forward to Felli and when she asks a similar styled question about spending time together he tries to leave an opportunity to decline until she states her brother wants to meet him.

Now there are two possible ways to interpret this. One is he's just retarded at understanding their intentions, OR he fully understands their intentions but doesn't want to pursue them because he has an emotional attachment to someone else (Presumedly Leerin). Now if he wasn't a Heaven's Blade at the age of 10 nor could he accurately interpret the SCP's subtle hints nor could he generally predict the outcomes of nearly every situation he's placed into, then I would assume it was the former and not the latter.

Really, TBH, I'm just tired of the whole "I'm too dumb to understand women though I can crush everyone around me" cliche of anime and I'm hoping for a refreshing new perspective. Of course, your guess is probably the more accurate one, but I can still hope, right?

willyvereb
2009-02-21, 03:50
Or tries to refuse them because he has no romantic interest in them(i mean Felli and Mei) or there's a little chance that he wants to get closer to other girl on Zuelni(most propably then Nina)...but who knows...guessing from the ep 7 pictures Layfon somewhat become Mr. Echi(i mean he accidentaly do perverted things...like the breast-pillow at ep 5 and now Narki's chest grabing...) and what comes with that? Most propably an emotionaly dumb character who know nothing of romance...(i hope it's not true). And i think Leerin's kiss with Layfon probably was just a teasing from the authors and she must fight hard to earn Layfon's affection as any other "harem-mate". So i think his emotions towards Leerin(in romantic sense) not as strong to refuse that kind of invitations just because of that...

Slick_rick
2009-02-21, 04:46
I hope it goes something like this:

Mei- Unrequited love for Layfon(this one is pretty certain). Part of harem for fanservice and moe factor.
Felli- Unrequited love for Layfon. Comedy, moe, and allows her character to change and grow because of him.
Nina- Ambiguous relationship that has a lot of underlying romantic undertones at times. There for drama, plot, and character development.
Leerin- Requited/ambiguous feelings but complicated by relationship with other girls. There for plot and relationship drama(jealousy?).

I don't see Narki get much more than that accidental breast grab. She'd better treasure that moment.:heh: I don't care how big Layfon harem gets as long as it's fairly clear who he has possible romantic feelings for and who he just thinks of as friends. Trying to give him romantic feelings for each girl or make it seems as he does just cheapens his character IMO.

Manji Midou
2009-02-21, 04:49

I agree, if Leerin isn't able to win his heart....(which l hope she does) then Nina will eventually win him. :)

TrueKnight
2009-02-21, 08:30
About the only thing I specifically disagreed with you on was that he's not dumb when it comes to relationships. The whole leerin thing was simply a preface to the "He'll end alone" bit. I assume he'll end alone, I think Leerin has the highest chance, but I want him to end with Nina. It was mainly just a rhetorical tidbit into my Regios romance theory. Anywho.

I still don't think he's dumb when it comes to the girl's affections. He saved mei and when was asked to go to a GROUP dinner he agreed. When the other two girls bailed he asked if she wanted to cancel it (I assume because he knew it wasn't simply an outing with friends) and only agreed (while smiling slightly which I assume means it's an acto f compassion not affection) after watching Mei squirm around unable to express her feelings. Fast forward to Felli and when she asks a similar styled question about spending time together he tries to leave an opportunity to decline until she states her brother wants to meet him.

Now there are two possible ways to interpret this. One is he's just retarded at understanding their intentions, OR he fully understands their intentions but doesn't want to pursue them because he has an emotional attachment to someone else (Presumedly Leerin). Now if he wasn't a Heaven's Blade at the age of 10 nor could he accurately interpret the SCP's subtle hints nor could he generally predict the outcomes of nearly every situation he's placed into, then I would assume it was the former and not the latter.

Really, TBH, I'm just tired of the whole "I'm too dumb to understand women though I can crush everyone around me" cliche of anime and I'm hoping for a refreshing new perspective. Of course, your guess is probably the more accurate one, but I can still hope, right?

lol k dude sorry to misunderstood your post.

Or tries to refuse them because he has no romantic interest in them(i mean Felli and Mei) or there's a little chance that he wants to get closer to other girl on Zuelni(most propably then Nina)

I vote the choice previous poster provided that he's too retarded at understanding their intentions. Maybe he realizes it, but either he's not interested yet because focuses at soldiering, doesn't want to hurt other girls feeling so he's playing it safe, or he's gay.

From what I see Layfon fell into the type of typical japanese RPG's heroes where all the girls wants to go inside the lead's pants but the lead somehow being ridiculously dense, oblivous and retarded to even notice the girls obvious advances. Let's see, Senel from Tales of Legendia, Llyod from Tales of Symphonia, Lyner from Ar-tonelico, and umm others.

Layfon is also responsible for unconsciousnessly making the girls smitten and affected by him by doing them good deeds, talking and encouraging them and helping them unconditionally. He didn’t mean it romantically and he’s doing it at good nature basis, but unfortunately the girls being fantasy-minded they are thought about it otherwise. He’s not to blame, yes. But lol he didn’t think about the aftereffect.

In the end in CSR's case I think its the girls who's eventually going to make all the blitzkrieg romantic advances towards him while Layfon just sitting there wondering what the hell are they doing. Maybe he thinks he's already badass enough so he doesn't need to make any advances.

Momosan
2009-02-21, 09:30
No need to apoligize. Didn't mean to sound like a jerk if I did. I just assumed I should clarify what I was trying to imply.

CybEssen
2009-02-21, 14:17
It's ok, if Layfon doesn't end up with any of these four he still has the SCP. I mean, they're always on the same page. The chemistry is astounding. :uhoh:

I really really hope they don't make Naruki chase after him too, that would be a waste of screen time as we already have a "Probably not going to happen." in Mei, and we know how much screen time she has singlehandedly "wasted" by herself.

I'd have to agree that Lilin has the highest chance at the moment with her little sneak attack in ep1. You can't disregard that she writes letters to him on a frequent basis. Layfon probably has some kind of bond with her as he doesn't act the way a single person would at all when he is advanced on, either that or he has nerves of steel. Retarded male lead notwithstanding.

ricaryx
2009-02-21, 14:40
I doubt Lilin has the highest chance. She's barely in the story. It's just down to Felli or Nina.

Tjaard
2009-02-21, 14:41
For layfon probably the bond with leerin is only childhood/sister like; probably in the orphanage layfon considered all the children part of his family, probably same for leerin; however surely this is not for leerin, so she kiss him to try to understand layfon that he is important to her, but all we know that he is a bit moron, so probably he don't know because leerin kiss him or probably think that was a kind of goodbye lol

Enternal
2009-02-21, 15:41
I doubt Lilin has the highest chance. She's barely in the story. It's just down to Felli or Nina.

Most of us thinkg she has the highest chance because we were actually spoiled by some manga and novel readers. Apparently she does not appear much in the beginning but will later as she is considered the actual main heroine.

BusterSword
2009-02-21, 16:17
mostly all romance anime they make the main guy character dense/retarded lol but I have watched a lot of romance animes and I always get the feeling of whos going to end up with who, well sometimes, mostly the main couple I get xD. I dunno but I think Felli might end up with Layfon, I haven't seen Leerin yet so xD.

RevRayCool
2009-02-21, 16:38
As an ardent shipper, this show has made me very happy with the number of flags it has risen :). Original material isn't a romance story, yes, but I hope Regios becomes popular enough for a spin off game, similar to what was done with Code Geass and ToraDora. My shipping fantasies must be realized for ALL pairings!

Master Assassin
2009-02-21, 18:02
As an ardent shipper, this show has made me very happy with the number of flags it has risen :). Original material isn't a romance story, yes, but I hope Regios becomes popular enough for a spin off game, similar to what was done with Code Geass and ToraDora. My shipping fantasies must be realized for ALL pairings!

Right... wait, ALL? You mean it? Count me in, I'd like to take Felli+Fonfon and Nina+Fonfon to new levels. :heh:

But to become a game Regios has to be a super-magnificent RPG (and I would be in despair if it's going to be in any of these 3rd-gen consoles, notably 360 and/or PS3) due to the way the story was created... also, trying to implement the dating sim function into it would be a difficult task to do :P

slidingk1
2009-02-21, 20:57
Regios is becoming Shuffle with swords....Maybe we can have Larin losing it and going after the other girls with a knife that would be great!!

germanturkey
2009-02-21, 22:54

i hope not. she seems to be the character type i hate the most. the "i want to be useful, but in the grand scheme of things, i'm not" type. of course she'll probably grow a little stronger over the course of the series, but Fon Fon will always overshadow her when it comes to combat.

Master Assassin
2009-02-21, 23:09
EP 7 is going to make those who are for Nina and Layfon have their convictions stronger, not to mention those who are for Felli and Layfon too. :D

Enternal
2009-02-21, 23:10
i hope not. she seems to be the character type i hate the most. the "i want to be useful, but in the grand scheme of things, i'm not" type. of course she'll probably grow a little stronger over the course of the series, but Fon Fon will always overshadow her when it comes to combat.

I don't mind her since she's always trying her best so in a way, I don't think she's useless. She's one of those people who is not exactly born with a talent in fighting but she still tries her hardest which is perhaps one reason why she's the captain. There's other people who are born with a talent but instead of trying hard, they just slack off although the good thing is that I don't see anyone like that in Regios yet although I felt like Sharnid is a bit like that although not entirely especially since this episode also made me like him a bit more due to his concerns although he normally doesn't act like it.

Mei19
2009-02-22, 00:17
I love Sharnid the most.:D But for Layfon's harem, I think Nina will get him. She's going to change Layfon into a true warrior with her ideals and a place to call home in their platoon. Loved episode 7.

Lilin who barely appeared for 7 episodes and suddenly taking the limelight (if this is true) as the main heroine doesn't sit well with me. It's hard to empathize with a character you barely see. I rather see Mei steal the limelight instead of Lilin. XD

Enternal
2009-02-22, 00:43
I love Sharnid the most.:D But for Layfon's harem, I think Nina will get him. She's going to change Layfon into a true warrior with her ideals and a place to call home in their platoon. Loved episode 7.

Lilin who barely appeared for 7 episodes and suddenly taking the limelight (if this is true) as the main heroine doesn't sit well with me. It's hard to empathize with a character you barely see. I rather see Mei steal the limelight instead of Lilin. XD

It's not like she suddenly took the limelight. Rather it was hinted since the beginning how she will play a huge role later on as the story progresses. It's like introducing other important main characters slowly rather than just BAM there goes all of the main characters at the same time. Of course, I'm not saying that the other members of the platoon aren't main members. Rather I am saying that there are the main characters that are show right away, then early on, and finally the ones that will appear later on.

Manji Midou
2009-02-22, 00:50
EP 7 is going to make those who are for Nina and Layfon have their convictions stronger, not to mention those who are for Felli and Layfon too. :D

l agree with the layfonxnina bit, but l fail to see the layfonxfelis scenes ._.

Master Assassin
2009-02-22, 01:02
Felli's getting more worried about Layfon as well as recognizing his will to fight (I don't think Felli can rest easy with that), as how I can see from the episode.

I might be wrong.

zibi88
2009-02-22, 05:04
Well all girls think Layfon is free so maybe let's make a move on him.... but that atmosphere is till Leerin appears ^^ than real war will start ^^

Well it seems things about Leerin will appear in episode 8 ^^ so maybe soon Leerin will appear at Zueli and all girls wont sleep easyly from now on with the biggest enemy that can steal Layfon easyly ;]

Maybe Mei had more screen time but its becouse they live in the same city....things will change with Leerin appearing there ^^ Childhood friend, most important person that he keeps thinking about very often and offcouse the person he shared his first kiss with ^^ so when Leerin will appear at Zueli things will change ^^

Besides even anime posters show Leerin on front of them so she is very important to the story so she will have more screen time... (she is important becouse queen herself said herself that she needs to protect her...)

Im for LayfonxLeerin since for her Layfon is the most important person (leerin for layfon is the same) both think about each other even when they are separeted for many kilometers (live in different cities now), both udnerstand each other the best and well Leerin doesnt care about Layfons pwoer but she cares who he is as person ^^

Leerin needs to go fast to Zueli so both would feel an ease on their feelings and worrying for each other ^^

TrueKnight
2009-02-22, 07:49
Besides even anime posters show Leerin on front of them so she is very important to the story so she will have more screen time... (she is important becouse queen herself said herself that she needs to protect her...)

*cough* Felli and Nina right besides him looking *cough*

Higher chances for them maybe? :p

willyvereb
2009-02-22, 09:16
Who knows...we're just past 7th episode from the 24...even Mei has a chance to drasticaly change and win Layton's affection(perhaps it would be extremely hillarious and weird)
Currently the 2 "high runer" is Nina(who don't want to admit her romantic feelings for him) and Leerin(who currently in another City...and remained unknown to the other girls mostly) at the moment. Strange as it seems that both of them currently partly "out" of the love wars and only participate "indirectly" while the 2 "active pursuers"(Mei and Felli) have lesser impact.

CybEssen
2009-02-22, 09:54
Well all girls think Layfon is free so maybe let's make a move on him.... but that atmosphere is till Leerin appears ^^ than real war will start ^^

Well it seems things about Leerin will appear in episode 8 ^^ so maybe soon Leerin will appear at Zueli and all girls wont sleep easyly from now on with the biggest enemy that can steal Layfon easyly ;]

Maybe Mei had more screen time but its becouse they live in the same city....things will change with Leerin appearing there ^^ Childhood friend, most important person that he keeps thinking about very often and offcouse the person he shared his first kiss with ^^ so when Leerin will appear at Zueli things will change ^^

Im for LayfonxLeerin since for her Layfon is the most important person (leerin for layfon is the same) both think about each other even when they are separeted for many kilometers (live in different cities now), both udnerstand each other the best and well Leerin doesnt care about Layfons pwoer but she cares who he is as person ^^

The plot armor is thick, really really thick.

With episode 7, Nina gains some, Felli stands her ground, Mei drops a couple of points and Lilin/Leerin is unchanged for the most part but still up there.

Leerin needs to go fast to Zueli so both would feel an ease on their feelings and worrying for each other ^^

It's going to get ugly once this happens in ways more than one, and all Layfon wanted was a nice peaceful life!

We might be overthinking some of this stuff.

Master Assassin
2009-02-22, 09:58
Why do I have a feeling to speculate that

Leerin will have to leave from Layfon's side for a reason and perform something big and never return to Layfon (I don't want to use the word "die" so yea), thus leaving the remaining 3 (or 4 or 5 or any numbers as long as it's the rest of Layfon's "harem") to comfort him and motivate him to go on living?

I don't like it being that tragic, but I wonder why I sensed it anyway.

TrueKnight
2009-02-22, 10:02
]It's going to get ugly once this happens in ways more than one, and all Layfon wanted was a nice peaceful life!

We might be overthinking some of this stuff.

Dude, seriously. It's gonna happen, sooner or later. Fon-fon is setting up a time bomb of which he himself didn't even realize it.

You know it, I know it, maybe everybody else here knows it. But we turn a blind eye about it pretending all will be alright. Time will tell.

TrueKnight
2009-02-22, 21:30
I just had the thought about Layfon’s potential love interests on their character development. So far they’ve developed for the better, let see.

- Felli, stuck up, selfish, reluctant, cold, unsocial, into finally a team player, willing to use her power to the fullest extent, and able to express her feeling a bit. I think her character grew considerably. Person responsible for this change, Layfon.

- Nina, from being reckless, emo, inferiority complex, jealous, into finally a team player, thinks tactically, acted as a leader who thinks of her subordinates and accepted her role in the team…..even if it’s as bait. I think her character grew significantly. Person responsible for this change, Layfon.

- Mei, from being a good baker into a better baker, hey if she’s cookin’ for someone she likes, it’ll just make her to do better. Insignificant, small character growth, why do I even bother? Person responsible for this change, Layfon.

- Leerin, no sufficient information gathered in order to judge this character aside from novel or manga.

*further waves Felli x Fonfon flag*

Witacume
2009-02-23, 10:46
I make as stoic opinion as i can.
First off the captain.
Theres been no interaction whats so ever in a romantic way.
Only those as friends.
Replace her with a guy and it's normal their interaction.

Felli: Anyone else tired of the whole mysterious Girl Cliche?
I am! Her character needs to make sense before i even touch her with a romantic pov.
They spend a good amount of time but nothing past PLutonic.

Mei: The only girl that is close to him ( as in area) and is know to actually like him in a romantic way. Though she is sub character. This goes against her. IE Shirley, all other side character girls. They never get justice but oh well stuff happens.

Girl left behind: Actually to be quite honest i think if anyone gets reyfon's heart. It's this girl. Why is she even in the story. She's Imprtant! to what degree? Pretty important if the strongest person in that universe has taken interest in her. She also cares about the MC a lot ( in a romantic way)

Reyfon: Actually is pretty much an airhead. He doesn't see anyone i romantic light. Except in two instance it struck. One, when he was kissed, its hard to deny someones feelings when they do that. He thinks about her. This much is clear.

The other instance is Mei which was surprising. When he goes Superhero mode to save the town. He thinks about three people the three subplot girls.
While he thinks mei twice. Not once does he think about the captain although she is probably in over her head or felli. Or any of the other guys.
Though like many shounen anime i am gonna put my dice in Ambiguous.
When does it not end ambiguously? (sarcastic question do not answer it XD)

Master Assassin
2009-02-23, 11:00
Well, I love playing around with pair-ups, never to be serious with supporting one; if any of them entertains me more the better I like them. If it's enough to make me go "W00T!" in front of the keyboard then I'm in. :D

And episode 7 just showed me something that I had to greatly thank Sharnid for saying it. ;D

Momosan
2009-02-23, 11:10
Interesting.

I'm not exactly sure what is the mysterious side of Felli you're referring to. She's a potent Psychokinetitist or whatever it's called who feels that people only value her for that ability. She is tried of being defined by her innate talent and wishes to experience fulfillment in other areas of her life. (which is hampered by her psychic abilities) She draws paralells between herself and Layfon, neither of which really wants to use the powers they have, which apparently is leading to romantic feelings. Her feelings for Layfon continually cause her to reevaluate her philosophical stances and causes her to take a more proactive role in multiple aspects of her life. Felli hasn't done anything romantic with FonFon because she has a hard time expressing herself and Fon Fon doesn't seem to be taking a proactive role in their relationship.

I seem to be alone in this regard, but I don't think Layfon is an airhead. I think he understands that both Mei and Felli has romantic interests in him. Leerin or something to do with being a Heaven Blade is causing him to not get involved with anyone. Since their isn't any proof to either assumption I really don't want to waste time arguing the hypothesis since neither of us can prove the other wrong.

Also, I don't believe he saved the town because of Mei. I assume he envisions the three girls because they represent the working civilian side of Zeullni which has no interest in way but were forced into a life or death situation. I know one of the girls was a MA student but she has been portrayed in a very ineffectual manner so far so it doesn't really matter. Felli, Sharnid, Harley, and Nina are all people who've been displayed in combat roles who are familiar with the risks their lives lead. Layfon doesn't want people who are uninvolved to be killed due to his negligence so Mei + the two goombas were used to symbolicly represent this.

P.S. Layfon isn't the most powerful being in the universe ;). I assume many of the more veteran members of the HB are currently stronger, tho it's pure conjecture. The Queen is definitely much stronger than Layfon currently.

Master Assassin
2009-02-23, 12:25
I'll use what Momosan said for reference here...

I'm not exactly sure what is the mysterious side of Felli you're referring to. She's a potent Psychokinetitist or whatever it's called who feels that people only value her for that ability.

She is tried of being defined by her innate talent and wishes to experience fulfillment in other areas of her life. (which is hampered by her psychic abilities) She draws paralells between herself and Layfon, neither of which really wants to use the powers they have, which apparently is leading to romantic feelings. Her feelings for Layfon continually cause her to reevaluate her philosophical stances and causes her to take a more proactive role in multiple aspects of her life.

Felli hasn't done anything romantic with FonFon because she has a hard time expressing herself and Fon Fon doesn't seem to be taking a proactive role in their relationship.

From that part, by now I am pretty much convinced that Felli is:

- She is a psychokinetist who, due to the nature of their abilities, have a hard time expressing feelings and emotion.
- The only way she can express herself to Layfon apart from conversation is by kicking him out of frustration (due to the inability to find the correct way to express it), because it's the only way she knows how. Remember from the "cockroach" :heh: from episode 1 till now, whenever she really wanted and tried to express something (jealousy, anger, frustration and anything counted in its league) it's always with that kick, because that's the only way she knows how to express herself.
- And we all pretty much knew that ever since she first had a conversation with Layfon she somewhat changed to being more expressive with her emotions. Although her expressions are still deadpan as ever, we can notice the way she actually feels by the slight change in her intonations and her pattern of speech (I'm by no means an expert in semantics, but it's enough for me to read what's on someone's mind well enough for me to get clear of "danger" :heh: ).
- And if she develops her character further in order to make Layfon understand (and perhaps appreciate) her better... that can develop into what we're hoping (and what I and some of us are predicting) to happen.

I seem to be alone in this regard, but I don't think Layfon is an airhead. I think he understands that both Mei and Felli has romantic interests in him. Leerin or something to do with being a Heaven Blade is causing him to not get involved with anyone. Since their isn't any proof to either assumption I really don't want to waste time arguing the hypothesis since neither of us can prove the other wrong.

I think he's actually not sure (and still confused) about Felli and regards her as his senior (despite Felli's request to call her just by her name), and he regards Mei as one of his circle of first-year friends (you know that Mei, Mifi and Naruki are his lunch-mates :P), and I bet he is not the type to sense such things - or rather I'd say, he simply doesn't want to make any assumptions. In other words, he doesn't have this thought of: "Does she like me?"

willyvereb
2009-02-23, 13:18
I make as stoic opinion as i can.
First off the captain.
Theres been no interaction whats so ever in a romantic way.
Only those as friends.
Replace her with a guy and it's normal their interaction.

Felli: Anyone else tired of the whole mysterious Girl Cliche?
I am! Her character needs to make sense before i even touch her with a romantic pov.
They spend a good amount of time but nothing past PLutonic.

Mei: The only girl that is close to him ( as in area) and is know to actually like him in a romantic way. Though she is sub character. This goes against her. IE Shirley, all other side character girls. They never get justice but oh well stuff happens.

Girl left behind: Actually to be quite honest i think if anyone gets reyfon's heart. It's this girl. Why is she even in the story. She's Imprtant! to what degree? Pretty important if the strongest person in that universe has taken interest in her. She also cares about the MC a lot ( in a romantic way)

Reyfon: Actually is pretty much an airhead. He doesn't see anyone i romantic light. Except in two instance it struck. One, when he was kissed, its hard to deny someones feelings when they do that. He thinks about her. This much is clear.

The other instance is Mei which was surprising. When he goes Superhero mode to save the town. He thinks about three people the three subplot girls.
While he thinks mei twice. Not once does he think about the captain although she is probably in over her head or felli. Or any of the other guys.
Though like many shounen anime i am gonna put my dice in Ambiguous.
When does it not end ambiguously? (sarcastic question do not answer it XD)

If we replace Nina's character with a male counterpart we got almost the same conversations(maybe some conversations and circumstances are different in ep 7) but we miss the whole fun of it. the headstrong male captain is too cliche doesn't it?
No matter that she and Layfon didn't got into a romantic situation even a little bit, but they're having the best chemistry for now. Thanks to him she'll gets stronger and become a real leader. In exchange Layfon leart a lot from her regarding the responsibilites with his powers and perhaps teamwork.
-Felli: She's changed by Layfon the most. She become somewhat active and have some sense of duty...not to mention that hse seems to showing some emotions thanks to him. Great developments but as i stated earlier i kinda doubt if she gets Fon-fon.
-Mei:she's ignored lately(i mean she's almost just a decoration) and seemingly don't push herself to get closer to Layton. She has the hero complex about him...something he willing to become the least.
-Leerin: Ok...we know the least from her...She's somewhat the emotional pillar to Layfon...Because she's got extremely little screen time(close to the engrish guy but maybe even less)
Regarding Layfon's obliviousness about the other girls' feelings i think the same as Soul Assassin: He's not interested in too much in girls...he has no intetion of getting a girlfriend and that's why he somewhat dumb to their feelings.

Momosan
2009-02-23, 13:22
I agree, I doubt he wastes his time wondering who likes him. The difference is I don't think it's because he's incompetent, but because he has other things controlling his current actions. There could be some kind of stipulation about being a Heaven Blade or he might be devoted to Leerin which causes his to disregard the actions of the females around him. While they probably will turn him into another retarded harem lead stereotype, I'll hold out faith until the time comes I can't argue against it anymore.

Silaqui
2009-02-23, 14:18
Most of you seem to have high hopes for Leerin, but I doubt that she will take the lead in this harem. Yes, I'm pretty sure she will play an important role later on in terms of story and character development, but in the end she won't be any more then the typical childhood friend, who loves the protagonist, but she won't get his heart.

Currently I'm hoping for FonFonXFelli, but expecting more FonFonXNina.

willyvereb
2009-02-23, 14:44
I don't know but so far when i seen the most probability of Fon-fon ending with Felli was in ep 1 where Nina was just a violent fight-maniac girl. Episode 2 still has many good moments but i think then Felli losed many of her chances.
She has the most private moments with him but even with that she has little to no influence on him. So if she's not going to get some impact on him soon i think she has no chance as Mei.
Leerin has little screen time but i quess she's a strong competitor because she has a quite influence in Layfon's life and emotions from the begining...

Tjaard
2009-02-23, 14:45
he might be devoted to Leerin
This is something that i doubt :heh:
At Grendan probably he thought only to gain money for the orphanage and to become stronger so i don't think that he never thinking to love or other.
Same now to Zuellny, probably now he thinks only how live a different life and (thanks to Kalian) how protect his friends; i think that he never tried to thought or he never had time to think to love :heh:
For the pair well, i think that fell have higher chance, but i raise always my flag for Nina :D

Witacume
2009-02-23, 15:48
This is kinda funny i would destroy all these arguments but i simply do not care abiout the story enough. I have not felt attach to the characters yet. The general story intrigues me though.
My comment was a general comment.
I Also think people don't want to read my page long assassination of characters.
To be clear i support none of these pairings.

Though to be clear i am willing to bet if there is captain/generic MC here name
It would be awful writing. So far there hasn't even been a hint of romance.

If i was to bet on a pairing it most likely would be felli.
This is if my life dependent on it and there was not an ambiguous option.

Why is this? Not the reason you are thinking of.
Pairings are the will of the masses.
Anime has become less about excellent story writing more about fandom.
What selling is what felli is showing.
Felli is a Main character she gives a mysterious/stoic vibe. ( i can rant about this more but i will spare you the rant.)
Can only show her emotions through violence.
This is what the people are telling story writers what they like thus what they are selling.
Although myself am not part of the zerg because i like good story writing.
This is not to say that it will not be great story writing.
It can be written very well, but this is yet to be seen.
But who cares about good writing or coherent story writing fo that matter? as long as our pairing wins right?!

As for mei.
When does this type of girl ever win in a pairing?
I mean really when?
Still thinking?
i tell you its a big 0!
People like because they like a bit of tragedy they can relate but ultimately its a just a side dish.
Only there for moe moments if even that. (though there is a chance that one of these type of characters might win stay tune! i am actually crossing my fingers! don't want to say aloud because it might ruin the chances XD :P) pm if you want to know who.

Now finally with Leerin.
I actually think her chances are a lot better than people realize.
She has already kiss the main character. She is waiting for his eventual return.
Which will happen. Will he stay probably not. But that's not the point. She is pivotal to the plot. How important we do not know yet. I am guessing pretty important. Will we see some type of romance plot who knows! But the point is that we don't know enough about her which means there is a lot to develop meaning that since there is no romantic interaction or interaction in general right now it means it will come later on. Which is always a good thing.
Whether they will write it well is another question.

Silaqui
2009-02-23, 16:04
Now finally with Leerin.
She has already kiss the main character. She is waiting for his eventual return.
Which will happen. Will he stay probably not. But that's not the point. She is pivotal to the plot. How important we do not know yet. I am guessing pretty important. Will we see some type of romance plot who knows! But the point is that we don't know enough about her which means there is a lot to develop meaning that since there is no romantic interaction or interaction in general right now it means it will come later on. Which is always a good thing.

I don't think FonFon will return to Grendan. I'm beting she'll come to Zellni to pay him a visit. Maybe she'll even become friends with Mei and then the stereotypical plot will start. ;)

Slick_rick
2009-02-23, 16:17
This is kinda funny i would destroy all these arguments but i simply do not care abiout the story enough. I have not felt attach to the characters yet. The general story intrigues me though.
My comment was a general comment.
I Also think people don't want to read my page long assassination of characters.
To be clear i support none of these pairings.

I seriously doubt you could destroy the arguments but you're welcome to try.

Though to be clear i am willing to bet if there is captain/generic MC here name
It would be awful writing. So far there hasn't even been a hint of romance.

Romance comes in many different forms. For Nina and Layfon so far it's been in mutual understanding of each other. A Kalulu fan I would assume would sort of understand this but I think you're not as unbiased as you try to claim.

If i was to bet on a pairing it most likely would be felli.
This is if my life dependent on it and there was not an ambiguous option.

Why is this? Not the reason you are thinking of.
Pairings are the will of the masses.
Anime has become less about excellent story writing more about fandom.
What selling is what felli is showing.
Felli is a Main character she gives a mysterious/stoic vibe. ( i can rant about this more but i will spare you the rant.)
Can only show her emotions through violence.
This is what the people are telling story writers what they like thus what they are selling.
Although myself am not part of the zerg because i like good story writing.
This is not to say that it will not be great story writing.
It can be written very well, but this is yet to be seen.
But who cares about good writing or coherent story writing fo that matter? as long as our pairing wins right?!

This is a horrible assessment. Most anime while having extremely popular character doesn't mean the writer bends to fandom when it comes to romance. Most writers in fact do not. Rarely does a writer not have a female lead character he pushes more than another in the romance department that has no impact on popularity. Felli is clearly popular for her comedy and moe but your basing her chances on winning solely on her popularity is silly.
Clearly then C.C for Code Geass should have won Lelouch heart and had the most romance with him in that case as she was by far the most popular female in the show. Right?:rolleyes:

Now finally with Leerin.
Whether they will write it well is another question.

I think most people admit that Leerin probably a decent chance but so far we have no real basis to judge if she'll just be another hopeless childhood friend whose love will be unrequited or actually be a big contender. She's a tossup but that doesn't mean I'll give her a better chance than the characters we have currently interacting and growing closer to Layfon.

willyvereb
2009-02-23, 16:19
I think the writer's mind matters more...
Because if not then everywhere the authors would start pairing polls and the results decides the outcome of the love triangle/polygon...perhaps a good writer consider the publics opinion and a realy greedy company can decide the pairings of the story based uppon the fan base, but in the most cases it's soletly decided by the authors. Not to mention that Felli and Fon-fon currently have very little chemistry beetween each other(even if they have the most "private time" so far in the show).
But perhaps that can change but so far there's no sign for it. On contrast Nina and Layfon gets closer and closer to each other somehow even when the only hint of romantic feelings on Nina's side was confirmed at the current(7th) episode.
So while Layfon and Felli's relation is a standstill so far, Nina and Layfon's gets stronger and stronger...so for now with every episode Felli's chances gets reduced.
As many people suggests i think with Leerin's arrival the competiton for Layfon will heatens up.

Silaqui
2009-02-23, 16:27
I think the writer's mind matters more...

That's absolutely true, but Regios isn't a story about romance (at least I think so). The romance is just a sidestory and so I can believe, that the author will "listen" (at least a little) to the fans, because the question with who Layfon ends up isn't important for the main plot.

Tjaard
2009-02-23, 16:34
Today I've already written a lot, so for don't write things that already have been said, i quote last Slick_rick, willyvereb and Silaqui post :D Those post more or less sum up what I want say ;)
I'm pretty tired today :heh:

Slick_rick
2009-02-23, 16:40
That's absolutely true, but Regios isn't a story about romance (at least I think so). The romance is just a sidestory and so I can believe, that the author will "listen" (at least a little) to the fans, because the question with who Layfon ends up isn't important for the main plot.

I think you're wrong. Romance is important to the story. Yes, we have a lot of fantasy and action mixed in but this is certainly a story that relies heavily on romance also if not more so than any other element. A good writer will make the story believable and also make who the lead ends up with believable for the character.

Witacume
2009-02-23, 16:45
I seriously doubt you could destroy the arguments but you're welcome to try.

Romance comes in many different forms. For Nina and Layfon so far it's been in mutual understanding of each other. A Kalulu fan I would assume would sort of understand this but I think you're not as unbiased as you try to claim.

This is a horrible assessment. Most anime while having extremely popular character doesn't mean the writer bends to fandom when it comes to romance. Most writers in fact do not. Rarely does a writer not have a female lead character he pushes more than another in the romance department that has no impact on popularity. Felli is clearly popular for her comedy and moe but your basing her chances on winning solely on her popularity is silly.
Clearly then C.C for Code Geass should have won Lelouch heart and had the most romance with him in that case as she was by far the most popular female in the show. Right?:rolleyes:

I think most people admit that Leerin probably a decent chance but so far we have no real basis to judge if she'll just be another hopeless childhood friend whose love will be unrequited or actually be a big contender. She's a tossup but that doesn't mean I'll give her a better chance than the characters we have currently interacting and growing closer to Layfon.

Like i said to begin with I am not attach enough to the characters.
If i was i would probably write a bigger analysis. With a lot more logic and some type of scientific code. like 1 plus 1 = 2 XD

I kid i Kid or do i?
Anyways

"Romance comes in many different forms. For Nina and Layfon so far it's been in mutual understanding of each other. A Kalulu fan I would assume would sort of understand this but I think you're not as unbiased as you try to claim."

Btw i am lazy so i will just put your stuff in quotes.
Ok agreed. Love does come in many forms. Does nina have a chance sure!!!
hell for all we know the other police chick seems to be liking reyfon after helping her. I meant this as so far. Obviously i did not convene this clear enough. I apologize. Lets just say to be continued? As for Kallen and lelouch i see where your going! but nothing has happen yet so to be continued.

Ok want to read my 5 page paper i did for class on the Character of CC i won't bore the other people with but if you like i can send you a copy.
Well lets get to your assumptions and my assumptions.
You are assuming that writers are not affected by fandom.
I would disagree. Why not whatever gets them money. People write for money this much is clear. People need money to write. If you write a piece of literature and people don't like it you will be broke. lets take Orangekun for instance. The people in CG like him so much they decided for him to live. This is taken straight from the writers. I give you the link if you like its in my mess of crap on my computer. And theres ton of more examples. I Think you are still living in the enlightenment dream. can i be wrong and these people are still being Undeterred. Sure, but don't tell me it takes no part. i think that you are naive then.
I am basing her chances on winning based on what i see. I take trends in anime. Can i be wrong? sure. But like i said to begin with this is if i had to take a bet. I more than likely bet ambigious. because that makes the most sense. in terms of trends. Its not like Regios is some type of Epic tale. No its pretty generic. theres nothing that attaches me yet. Cassherns on the other hand is pretty awesome.
But that is another argument.
Finally getting to felli. She is pretty generic. replace her with a louise that talks less or taiga or shana. Its not even clear that she likes him in a romantic light yet.
That being said. It would be remarkable if there was not sometype of romantic interaction between them because that is what people will want.

think most people admit that Leerin probably a decent chance but so far we have no real basis to judge if she'll just be another hopeless childhood friend whose love will be unrequited or actually be a big contender. She's a tossup but that doesn't mean I'll give her a better chance than the characters we have currently interacting and growing closer to Layfon.
I think we are agreeing. but I think she has a better chance than mei.
How about that? can we agree?

Slick_rick
2009-02-23, 17:11
Ok want to read my 5 page paper i did for class on the Character of CC i won't bore the other people with but if you like i can send you a copy.
Well lets get to your assumptions and my assumptions.
You are assuming that writers are not affected by fandom.
I would disagree. Why not whatever gets them money. People write for money this much is clear. People need money to write. If you write a piece of literature and people don't like it you will be broke. lets take Orangekun for instance. The people in CG like him so much they decided for him to live. This is taken straight from the writers. I give you the link if you like its in my mess of crap on my computer. And theres ton of more examples. I Think you are still living in the enlightenment dream. can i be wrong and these people are still being Undeterred. Sure, but don't tell me it takes no part. i think that you are naive then.

I never said writers are not affected by fandom but to the extent they would base the eventual winner solely based on their opinion and not what interactions the author has already placed in the book I disagree with. Sure, it's not unheard of for an author to pander to the readers by giving more of screentime to a popular character but rarely do they change the entire plot they've laid out for it. I've watch many romances where the most popular girl lost.

I am basing her chances on winning based on what i see. I take trends in anime. Can i be wrong? sure. But like i said to begin with this is if i had to take a bet. I more than likely bet ambigious. because that makes the most sense. in terms of trends. Its not like Regios is some type of Epic tale. No its pretty generic. theres nothing that attaches me yet. Cassherns on the other hand is pretty awesome.
But that is another argument.
Finally getting to felli. She is pretty generic. replace her with a louise that talks less or taiga or shana. Its not even clear that she likes him in a romantic light yet.

Well I'd actually say it is pretty clear she does see him in a romantic light. This is where I see your failure, you base your beliefs on preconceptions. I can name a few similar character like Nina also I.E. Kaname Chidori, Asuka from NGE, and Misa Hayase off the top of my head. I could probably name some similar to Mei though probably in a different genre than action and I'd have to give it some thought.

I think we are agreeing. but I think she has a better chance than mei.
How about that? can we agree?

Of course. Mei has the least chance but it not only about her character it's also about his interaction with her which was clearly one sided and her shyness which makes them getting together extremely unlikely.

Momosan
2009-02-23, 17:30
lol. I never did understand why people get so heated over hypothetical anime discussion. An interpretation of events in an episode I could see people fervently arguing over, but as of right now all we know is that everyone has the hots for him yet he doesn't seem to care. For all we know Layfon could actually be a girl in disguise. I'd love to watch me some Chrome Shelled Yuri.

Witacume
2009-02-23, 17:54
lol. I never did understand why people get so heated over hypothetical anime discussion. An interpretation of events in an episode I could see people fervently arguing over, but as of right now all we know is that everyone has the hots for him yet he doesn't seem to care. For all we know Layfon could actually be a girl in disguise. I'd love to watch me some Chrome Shelled Yuri.

haha you think that was heated that was more of two people saying that exact same thing in so many different words it was more a challenge ideals.
and for my part it was halfed assed. while waiting for scenario queqes.
As for chrome sheel yuri. I'm pretty sure hes a guy.
or is he!?

Slick_rick
2009-02-23, 18:01
I wish this was actually Yuri! The queen and Leerin is basically just fanservice but certainly not enough for this yuri fanboy. I'm watching Koihime†Musou and Marimite currently to get my yuri fix.

Yea and I think the show is far from over so we have a lot more to see. I'm hoping for more NinaXLayfon but it can certainly switch. I just hope it doesn't!

TrueKnight
2009-02-23, 18:52
Let’s see about the overall progress of CSR:

- ep 1: heaven blades infos, character introductions, Leerin kiss (wtf already?), Nina (wut? a hot chivalrious captain?), Felli (huh? Primula is that you?), Mei blushes (lol? Moe?); romance implied, plot set.
- ep 2: character development and interactions on Nina, Felli, Mei’s lunch, romance again implied, Layfon’s hax character, no main plot progress.
-ep 3: character introduction and development again, lesbian action, Layfon’s interactions with Nina and Felli, Mei’s crush on Layfon, romance again implied, crappy engrish, ep 7 dragon-bug first shown, no main plot progress.
- ep 4: crappy engrish need to stop, 100% character development on Felli and her interaction with Layfon, her first smile maybe in a loooong time, romance again implied, no main plot progress.
- ep 5: crappy engrish need to stop, again and again character development and interaction with Layfon and Mei’s fangirlsm towards him this time and her cookies, interaction with Nina and Felli. main plot progresses a bit, Layfon’s hax character, Nina’s boobs as pillow, romance again implied.
- ep 6: Leerin’s letter, harem addition needs to stop, it’s getting out of control, crappy engrish need to stop, character development on Nina, Felli, Mei and Narki, hidings Leerin’s letter, interaction and growing affection of Felli, Mei, Narki to Layfon, FINALLY sets up for the main plot.
- ep 7: implementation of the main plot, crappy engrish need to stop, character development on Nina, Felli, interaction and growing affection of Nina (huge), a bit of Felli, a bit of Narki to Layfon, Layfon’s advent children cloud on dragon bug, Nina’s into younger men, romance again implied.
- ep 8: main plot progress officially starts? Eventhough there are new introduction from other squads.

I would’ve believed that CSR are merely fantasy and shonen with romance only being minimum the moment I first laid eyes on it, hey it’s another Bleach or Busou Renkin, but looool so far proof indicates otherwise. So far they seem making romance and as an important issue even moreso than the main plot, as proven with Layfon’s ridiculous amount of screen time interactions with the girls.

Its like the anime’s been forcing down to our throat ‘look here are his harem’ who should he choose or he just simply gotta catch ‘em all?

Ep 8 will somehow changes the mindset above, but in the future a large amount of Layfon x [insert girl(s) here] moments are inevitable. Heck, so far he hasn’t even meet Leerin yet.

Witacume
2009-02-23, 19:21
Let’s see about the overall progress of CSR:

- ep 1: heaven blades infos, character introductions, Leerin kiss (wtf already?), Nina (wut? a hot chivalrious captain?), Felli (huh? Primula is that you?), Mei blushes (lol? Moe?); romance implied, plot set.
- ep 2: character development and interactions on Nina, Felli, Mei’s lunch, romance again implied, Layfon’s hax character, no main plot progress.
-ep 3: character introduction and development again, lesbian action, Layfon’s interactions with Nina and Felli, Mei’s crush on Layfon, romance again implied, crappy engrish, ep 7 dragon-bug first shown, no main plot progress.
- ep 4: crappy engrish need to stop, 100% character development on Felli and her interaction with Layfon, her first smile maybe in a loooong time, romance again implied, no main plot progress.
- ep 5: crappy engrish need to stop, again and again character development and interaction with Layfon and Mei’s fangirlsm towards him this time and her cookies, interaction with Nina and Felli. main plot progresses a bit, Layfon’s hax character, Nina’s boobs as pillow, romance again implied.
- ep 6: Leerin’s letter, harem addition needs to stop, it’s getting out of control, crappy engrish need to stop, character development on Nina, Felli, Mei and Narki, hidings Leerin’s letter, interaction and growing affection of Felli, Mei, Narki to Layfon, FINALLY sets up for the main plot.
- ep 7: implementation of the main plot, crappy engrish need to stop, character development on Nina, Felli, interaction and growing affection of Nina (huge), a bit of Felli, a bit of Narki to Layfon, Layfon’s advent children cloud on dragon bug, Nina’s into younger men, romance again implied.
- ep 8: main plot progress officially starts? Eventhough there are new introduction from other squads.

I would’ve believed that CSR are merely fantasy and shonen with romance only being minimum the moment I first laid eyes on it, hey it’s another Bleach or Busou Renkin, but looool so far proof indicates otherwise. So far they seem making romance and as an important issue even moreso than the main plot, as proven with Layfon’s ridiculous amount of screen time interactions with the girls.

Its like the anime’s been forcing down to our throat ‘look here are his harem’ who should he choose or he just simply gotta catch ‘em all?

Ep 8 will somehow changes the mindset above, but in the future a large amount of Layfon x [insert girl(s) here] moments are inevitable. Heck, so far he hasn’t even meet Leerin yet.

Haha i did all my thinking without watching the new episode now that i finally watch it. I laughed.
lets just throw them all in barellel and see who gets shot first. XD

Cinocard
2009-02-23, 21:55
After watching Ep 7, Naruki feels like an un-psycho version of Nina. Even their height and their boobs size are close. If she had a little tiny bit chance in the dust, I would forget about Nina :p

Voitan
2009-02-24, 02:10
Prediction for Episode 8:

More CRAPPY Engrish. Layfon adds a chick from squad 5 to his harem, etc...

God I love this show.

Enternal
2009-02-24, 02:21
Woah, it's getting hot in here already! Anyway, at least we can all agree so far that it's going to be Felli vs Nina vs Leerin with Mei here and there. So far though it seems that Layfon still only admires Nina and does not see her in any other ways yet unlike Nina who is of course obvious. It seems like Felli right now of the two seems like the one with the higher chance. Now if Leerin is included, then it's going to be harder to know since she also seems to have quite a high chance as well.

I also looked around the light novels a bit and it seems to hint more towards Leerin although it Felli and Nina are pretty close as well. Overall though, all three of them are huge contenders. Of course, it also shows how Layfon is having so much girl trouble now and there was even a picture of him very stressed out. So sorry for Mei.

I guess due to that, the shipping wars will probably be a long one. At least it satisfy the potential pairings that people wanted. Layfon and Leerin, Layfon and Felli, and Layfon and Nina. To bad no Layfon and Mei or some of the others.

CybEssen
2009-02-24, 03:17
Bah, enough with this introduction/yhelothar phase. It only gets interesting when shit hits the fan.

Romance kills two birds with one stone! We get fan service, and then we get the catalyst for mental instability! Woo! The following "soulmate" cliches described below may happen eventually if it hasn't happened already:

1. There are characters made just to be killed off/injured, thereby causing the affected character's GAR mode level to increase, i.e. WTF? You hurt my lover you sonofa, ZOMG I'LL KILL YOU. Hand in hand with the appearance of power increases/skills/techniques/limiter releasing/safety lock disengaged/hax/whatever. So who's going to be the unlucky person? :heh:

2. Then we have the good ol' "To protect and to be protected." Whenever we have this, the motivation is always there for the one that protects. You remove "the protected" the one "who protects" will suffer aptitude decay in all fields but especially in combat (i.e. hesitation), until they get slapped back into shape/wake up, if it ever happens.

3. This kind of interaction causes way of thinking and actions to warp, thereby causing them to do things they would normally never do, accomplishing what they never thought possible, screwing up where they normally wouldn't, attempting things they know they suck at, personality changes, etc.

Yeah, I hope some of that made sense, cause I'm half asleep while I type this. :eyespin:

Although currently I highly doubt that [1] will happen, since the show doesn't exactly give you "Crap, I might be dead tomorrow" vibes, so far it's been happy ambience, of course that can change.

No declarations of war so far, at least not yet. :uhoh: I hope the door closes on the Layfon train soon, all these "possible new additions" are annoying. Let us watch and see who of the main three gets to stick a CLAIMED sticker on Layfon first. :heh:

Like others, I still think it's going be an ambiguous ending or some kind of mind rape like CG. 'Cause they're what's hot right now.

TrueKnight
2009-02-24, 08:57
lol dude wut? are you talking about romance her or CSR in general?

Damn, I can't believe people are leaving Mei out of the competition. Sure she had the least chance but so far aside from Leerin, she's the one who's most affectionate to Fon-fon. I'm guessing at least she would put up a good fight.

Bonta Kun
2009-02-24, 19:38
lol dude wut? are you talking about romance her or CSR in general?

Damn, I can't believe people are leaving Mei out of the competition. Sure she had the least chance but so far aside from Leerin, she's the one who's most affectionate to Fon-fon. I'm guessing at least she would put up a good fight.

well so far in the story I think Mei is just little ahead of Leerin but quite behind Nina and Felli.
Untill I see Mei take a step forward by herself towards actually chasing after Fon-Fon(even tho she is smart enough to use the saying "the way to a man's heart is through his stomach") I won't really count her in...yet.

Shes kinda like the "Run"(from To-Love-Ru) of this harem.

TrueKnight
2009-02-24, 21:36
Shes kinda like the "Run"(from To-Love-Ru) of this harem.

lol Rito x Run pairing had chances evolving into buttsecks if Rito's not careful enough, Layfon x Mei don't. Mei is kinda like Haruka imo.

Come to think of it for ToloveRu hmm for Rito it's like Lala, Haruka, tsundere class rep, Run and Lala's sister. Yami well she could get all yuri with Rito's sister for all I care.

Layfon had classier lineups imo...

Bonta Kun
2009-02-24, 22:16
lol Rito x Run pairing had chances evolving into buttsecks if Rito's not careful enough, Layfon x Mei don't. Mei is kinda like Haruka imo.

Come to think of it for ToloveRu hmm for Rito it's like Lala, Haruka, tsundere class rep, Run and Lala's sister. Yami well she could get all yuri with Rito's sister for all I care.

Layfon had classier lineups imo...

I'm not making a direct comparison between characters but rather the roles of the characters within the harems.

This at is a 2 horse race between Nina and Felli.
Altho Leerin has her "childhood friend" card to play which is her trump card but since she hasn't shown up yet, she will be lagging behind for now(no doubt tho she will radly catch up when she has her time to shine)

For Mei if I'm being honest will never really be choosen, we all have that little feeling that we know it won't happen.
Sure she will get her chance to shine and all but then will be sat on her ass and fall behind again, its the type of role I see her playing i.e Run from To-Love-Ru

but hell they may throw a spanner in the works and have Mei actually ask Fon-Fon out, if he accepts then yea Mei def has a chance then:D

altho I'm on the Fon-Fen ship...mostly, I really want to see Leerin show up and soon!

Enternal
2009-02-25, 00:33
Yeah it's really sad that Mei won't really be a huge contenders. However, as long as she doesn't just drop off then it's good right? See her here and there would still make it fun enough I think.

Cinocard
2009-02-25, 00:50
Well, seeing her here and there is exactly why it will be fun. She's cute and all, but I know myself. I won't be able to stand watching characters like her all days.

For now she's actually the one Layfon has conscious about romance the most (except Leerin, of course). But even so, I can't find a path for her to reach the goal. It still seems like he will reject her in the end, or she will die.

RevRayCool
2009-02-25, 01:30
I've been skimming through the light novels. For a side character, she sure does show up a lot.

In volume 11, she steals a kiss from a sleeping Layfon, partly motivated from the slight jealousy she feels for Leerin being the closest to him.

She may still be timid and everything, but she doesn't seem like a quitter either :heh:.

Enternal
2009-02-25, 02:06
I've been skimming through the light novels. For a side character, she sure does show up a lot.

In volume 11, she steals a kiss from a sleeping Layfon, partly motivated from the slight jealousy she feels for Leerin being the closest to him.

She may still be timid and everything, but she doesn't seem like a quitter either :heh:.

Hehe, which is in a way makes her still in the race and that's excellent too. Like you said, it's nice that she isn't a quitter and at the same time, she's shy and timid which makes her rather cute at times.

meh
2009-02-25, 09:42

Not really rooting for her. But if I were Layfon I'd go for her. In the end, having a gal who can cook is incredibly underrated. I swear, after eating food that only college students can consider edible for the past few years, I think I just might rank cooking as THE MOST IMPORTANT trait to have in a girlfriend.

Witacume
2009-02-25, 12:41
from a guy whos name is meh i think this means a lot.
GOGO FOOD!

Cinocard
2009-02-25, 12:49
Not really rooting for her. But if I were Layfon I'd go for her. In the end, having a gal who can cook is incredibly underrated. I swear, after eating food that only college students can consider edible for the past few years, I think I just might rank cooking as THE MOST IMPORTANT trait to have in a girlfriend.

Well, Layfon himself can cook well.

Momosan
2009-02-25, 13:50

Underlying elements of chauvenism AHOY! If Mei had any importance to the plot then maybe she'd have a chance. Extras don't score the hero.

JediNight
2009-02-25, 19:38
Felli and Nina are ahead in different categories. Nina is able to talk to Layfon more normally without being stupid, but Felli has shown more interest in Layfon and probably understands him a bit better. Granted she may cheat a bit with her telepathy ;)

It's just harder to tell with Felli because she masks her emotions.

TrueKnight
2009-02-25, 21:08
Fon-fon’s the one responsible making Felli finally to be expressive and shows her emotion, melting the ice queen’s heart slowly but sure. Felli instead of kicking fridges or barrels can simply pass it on to Fon-fon, somewhat cute and scary at the same times but hey it’s the only way she could show her emotion. She can finally be herself when Fon-fon’s around.

If Fon-fon is smart, he would continue on doing that and at some point ask her out. But alas, our hero seems too dense on that. In the future most likely the effort will come from Felli herself to break the denseness walls surrounding her Fon-fon.

JediNight
2009-02-25, 22:12
Well you are talking about romance in a shonen-action series. The hero is almost ALWAYS dense. Layfon is very perceptive with everything BUT noticing the girl's affections other than I guess Meicchi.

I wonder why they always do this in shonen genre ... is it so there can be more shipping of all the girls if he doesn't go out with any specific one until the end, if ever?

Master Assassin
2009-02-26, 01:39
@ JediNight: There's always fanfics and doujins for all of our shipping fantasies. :D

... Hmm hmm. I'm trying to see what's in everyone's mind about each other. Might be a bad psyche imitation so forgive me since I am not a psychiatrist :heh:

Maybe I should put this in my blog :heh:

Layfon: "I know love, but I don't want to assume anyone's liking me, and I'm not an expert in psychology or semantics in order to find out who likes me. And whether to love or not, I am not even sure myself because I'm still searching for a new meaning in my life after being demoted from my former Heaven's Blade title.

There's Leerin who is always there for me, but will she reciprocate my feelings, I won't know for sure and I don't want to know now. Felli-sem-- I mean, Felli and Nina-sempai, I am not sure but... hey, they are my team mates, both are my seniors and Nina-sempai is my captain. Since they are important team mates for me, I don't want to get them bothered by my feelings for them if I ever realize them and vice versa. About Mei... I am so not sure about her, even if it's certain I don't know how to face her if she finds out my dark past.

So I'll just play safe and be friends, be kind to everyone I can."

Felli: "I am a psychokinetist/Nen-I user, and since I hold a massive ability of gathering lots of information, I can't react to every single knowledge I gained because that would impair my ability to relay them to my team mates in crucial situations. Furthermore, I am always what I've been as how you see me.

Right now, I am not even sure to myself how to react to something other than my actions. And ever since I met Fon-fon, there's something about him that whenever I talk with him, sometimes I want to kick his leg. Even though he thinks I might be angry, I am actually unsure how to explain that even to myself. But Fon-fon is very important to me, and I don't like him being used by my brother, I don't want him to be in danger - and I don't want him to hurt himself.

And I am still confused why did I react like that (keeping Fon-fon's letter from his knowledge only to pass it to him under a bag). Why did I wonder who the sender was (Leerin), why I don't want him to know, why I wanted to know who Leerin is, and why did I ask such questions to him while he was making food for us (refer to episode 6)..."

Nina: "I am the leader of Platoon 17, I want to be strong so that I could be able to protect Zuellni! But then Layfon showed me his true strength, and I just could not believe it. If he was really that strong, why did he take my attack head-on when I tested him before? I feel like I'm being looked down upon, but that doesn't matter now. I feel scared with that display of power to the point I wondered if he's truly human, but then I realized that he is really human and that was where I made my mistake.

I started to depend on him because I believed that with him in our team, we just have gotten stronger like that.

But after that I realized I believed in that too much, as what happened in our recent match against Platoon 14. That made me realize that I must get stronger as well in order to catch up to him. But, I fell one day, and Layfon was the one who sat beside my hospital bed before I regained my consciousness. Such irony.

And then, he revealed to me, something that I've neglected in my desire to get stronger.

Kei footing.

He told me: 'Kei footing is one of the basics of kei. In the end, you would want to be able to live with kei footing at all times. First, you must throw away the notion that you are human.

I realized my mistakes. And I further realized how important my leadership towards my team mates and not just let someone go alone to face the enemies.

"Don't abandon us."

... From that moment, I declared that I shall never abandon him. (And my team as well.)"

Mei: "When I first meet Layton... he looks like a kind person, but I was not sure what to talk with him, if it weren't for Mifi. But then something happened, and I was in danger. Layton... he saved me.

At that moment when I was in his arms, my heart was beating fast. Doki doki, it goes.

And I realized I am in love. With this very person who saved me.

But... apart from recess and lunch breaks... I never really get to talk with him much... I still can't find words to talk with him... but, I can cook, maybe I'll make him a bento and try to win him through... but still..."

... Just my own general ideas. Also, I'm not going to put Leerin in here because she still hasn't had developments over there in Zuellni.

... why do I get the feeling Leerin will be in Zuellni when this show is nearing half of a season... Sure she got an advantage for being Layfon's childhood friend, but showing up late is going to make the probability count fall very, very low.

Wow, I never thought Statistics and Psychology was this fun. If only my Statistics have these kinds of questions... I'd be happy to be an ace in answering it and won't back off if there's a challenge :D

JediNight
2009-02-26, 02:57
I generally avoid shipping fanfics like the plague, because they usually don't stay true to the actual characters. Or try to pair up ones that didn't even have a remote chance of coming together. Just generally crappy writing.

Then again I think most fanfics are written by teens that are crappy writers anyways ;)

willyvereb
2009-02-26, 04:05
@ JediNight: There's always fanfics and doujins for all of our shipping fantasies. :D

... Hmm hmm. I'm trying to see what's in everyone's mind about each other. Might be a bad psyche imitation so forgive me since I am not a psychiatrist :heh:

Maybe I should put this in my blog :heh:

... Just my own general ideas. Also, I'm not going to put Leerin in here because she still hasn't had developments over there in Zuellni.

... why do I get the feeling Leerin will be in Zuellni when this show is nearing half of a season... Sure she got an advantage for being Layfon's childhood friend, but showing up late is going to make the probability count fall very, very low.

Wow, I never thought Statistics and Psychology was this fun. If only my Statistics have these kinds of questions... I'd be happy to be an ace in answering it and won't back off if there's a challenge :D
The Felli analisation was the best...but the Nina analisation was like writing down the show's plot:P
my try:When I first met him i thought about him as great talent and a neccesserity for my Platoon survial. Perhaps i wanted to save him from explusion too, but it was just an excuse for the good of the 17th Platoon.
Later at the Duel he seemed rather experienced and skillfull fighter, but i couldn't imagine how much more powerfull he than any of us. It was until the inter-platoon match, where he was more like a monster than a mere human. I felt cheated and terrified at once. I caouldn't express it in word but just in a cold gaze. Later was sure he's just human as any of us and somehow become jaelus of his power because he can protect everyone while i was pathetic. So i've started to train myself leaving my comrades alone. Perhaps i've overworked herself and awakened at the hospital and i have a great talk with Layfon. I've learned from my selfish mistakes and made up my mind that i'll never leave any of my comrades...especially Layfon.
Love? What are Sharnid talking about?
It's true i admire him, and he's a nice and gentle person who powerfull
and experienced on the top of it. But love?
Damn Sharnid...making me confused...

I think Leerin will be a strong contender for Layfon's love but at least when she arrives the others will have a chance for Layfon.
And yes...writing and thinking about characters psychology is kinda fun...my best kind of indoors thinking is movie/anime/book/manga characters'/real people's psychology.

Tjaard
2009-02-26, 06:32
Well, usually for a season of 24 epi, for an anime's novel, they put max 6 story novel normally, so we need to see if they decrease or skip something for go ahead with the story or increase it with filler or change it (and we hope that never this happen)
So i don't know when leerin probably go to zuellny, my hope is that for this season she never go there xDD (i prefer for now a only zuellny chara story and an introspection on their past, and I hope for a good next season too):D

Manji Midou
2009-03-01, 03:34
now why would layfon ask out the abusive loli ? it makes no sense...

lf layfon where to ask someone out it would be nina, after all she's the one he has shown the most interest and worry. now that nina will open up to him l can see their relationship growing stronger that is until leerin comes into the picture. that loli will never be in layfon's mind as a love interest. :heh:

TrueKnight
2009-03-01, 06:26
that loli will gradually/eventually be in layfon's mind as one and only love interest.

Fixed that for you. :D

willyvereb
2009-03-01, 06:42
And i can't imagine what's the good thing in a loli in swimsuit/bodysuit or other somewhat revealing clothes. You gotta be a lolicon to fall for that...
Perhaps Felli's not a loli just had a loliesque figure(as Shana, Louise and Taiga). She can be loved but not by her figure but by her face and personality...
So Felli has much to be done before Layfon can see her as love interest. In contrast with Nina who didn't seek him and even now declines her feelings towards him. Even tough Layfon more and more biassed towards her. He admires her resolve and they have a somewhat mixed bond already(Captain-Subordinate, Workmate, Student-Teacher).I hope the subs out soon to find out something at last from Leerin.

Manji Midou
2009-03-01, 11:45
Fixed that for you. :D

it never hurts to dream :heh:

zalem
2009-03-01, 17:15
Now that we are a few more episodes in I still can't see Layfon and Felli together romantically. It just doesn't work for me. I think she needs to mature more before she can be considered a real love interest.

TrueKnight
2009-03-01, 23:11
Now that we are a few more episodes in I still can't see Layfon and Felli together romantically. It just doesn't work for me. I think she needs to mature more before she can be considered a real love interest.

Courtesy of cynicalicious, posted in speculation thread. To the certain part.

Fon-Fon and Felli share a moment under the moonlight in the abandoned city, two kindred souls, or something. Sharing their feelings of loneliness. Or something. He looks determined, she blushes.

Nina interrupts their moment, because she has Come to a Decision. (About what, I have no idea.)

My guess is that's where they'll end the episode. Whee.

Fuck yes fuck yes, finally something to brag about rather than hints.

Slick_rick
2009-03-01, 23:19
Courtesy of cynicalicious, posted in speculation thread. To the certain part.

Fuck yes fuck yes, finally something to brag about rather than hints.

Another "hug" scene coming up?:heh: Probably going to be just as meaningful. Got to wait till Ep 9 to see if it actually means anything. I wouldn't get my hopes too up.

Saasha
2009-03-01, 23:51
I agree with Zalem. As much as I love their interactions, I cant see them romantically together either. They're fine as they are now.

Though, I must say she wins the most points from me so far, as an indiviudual character, simply for being immensely amusing. Her interactions with Layfon are full of win but I sense absolutely no/zero/nada/zilch romantic interest from Layfon yet.

Actually, we've seen Layfon interacting with Nina, Feli and Mei from Day 1 and I have yet to see Layfon show any interest in them that could be even remotely interpreted as romantic.

His interest in Nina is limited to admiration and worry over her strong drive which causes her to push herself too hard. She manages to influence his decisions at times and he is inspired by her words and basically looks up to her as his captain. He helps her out of her inferiority complex and they reach a compromise that works well for the both of them. That's about it. I have a feeling they wont focus as much on Nina's feelings. He attention might shift to that hot red-headed guy that made a brief appearance in episode 3. That leaves some sort of a triangle b/w Layfon, Leerin & Feli.

His interest in Feli is due to the common ground they share as in they can relate to each other in certain matters such as being used by the student council president against their will for military purposes and yearning for a normal world outside the military. She manages to intimidate him with her deadpann expressions and swift kicks to his shin despite her small stature. He adapts to his situation faster than her due to Nina's influence and in turn manages to inspire Feli to grow out of her selfish passiveness during inter platoon matches and to become almost as badass as Layfon thanks to his kind idiocy as she calls it. That's about it.

His interest in Mei amounts to simply friendship. She's one of his lunch buddies as are Naruki and Miffy. She represents a normal civilian life, something he yearns for and envies, so subsequently he wants to protect this normalcy that is Mei in his eyes. From her side, she clearly worships him. I don't ever see them forming a romantic relationship ever.

She's cute and all, but her extreme shyness with nothing but her crush as an excuse for it, really bugs me. I have never been too fond of overly shy girls with the exception of Hinata because she had good reasons for being like that, a boy being only one of the reasons. I'm also not too sure why people compare Shirley with her as Shirley was far from shy and actually had an already developed friendship with lelouch when the series started much like Leerin and she never made bento's for him.

Funnily enough, when it comes to romance, I'm rooting for Layfon X Leerin and believe that will be the end pairing based on how things have been set up so far. Layfon has yet to show any special interest in any of the girls he is interacting with presently and his feelings for Leerin seems to be the only ambiguous feelings in the show so far.

What stands out to me about them is the poignant farewell/kiss scene in episode 1 and Layfon mentally conversing with Leerin when he is on a date with Mei and the exchange of letters. While there isn't anthing particularly romantic about these things (except maybe the kiss), they definitely gave me the impression that she is still a constant in his life, that she crosses his mind quite often, that he would always consult her before making any major changes in his life. At the most, it is clear that she is special to him in some manner.

As to how special, we'll know the moment there is some interaction b/w them. If any of the other pairings is to become the end pairing, then Layfon will have to have some kind of romantic development with them before Leerin's arrival. I dont see how it makes sense for Layfon to suddenly show romantic interest in the girls after Leerin's arrival.

Layfon doesn't give the I'm-too-stupid-&-clueless-when-it-comes-to romance vibe. He just seems like he simply isn't interested in Nina, Feli or Mei like that. His approach towards all of them is very friendly and typical of any normal guy.

Though it does make sense that Leerin's arrival would make the girls put the moves on Layfon, I cant see Layfon suddenly developing a romantic interest in them if he's never done so before Leerin's arrival. If he shows some romantic interest in them before her arrival, then I guess I'll accept that Leerin X Layfon is doomed. Until then, I believe it has the highest chances.

I'm also a little confused why people are getting Harem vibes in this anime? I haven't seen a lot of harem animes but doesn't a harem involve a bunch of girls falling for a stupid protagonist for no good reason without any real development? or I guess I'm wrong? If so, Regios is nothing like that is it? since all the girls have good reasons to like him and Layfon doesn't seem all that stupid to me, just disinterested in romance, I suppose.

willyvereb
2009-03-02, 01:08
no...not all of the harem aniomes like that...the harem animemeans as it says: Lot of girls(at least 4) love the same guy...it's meaning almost the same as love ploygon exept that in love ploygon it's possible that one of the girls don't like the guy while he likes that girl...further complicating the whole plot.
It's true...currently he didn't showed any romantical interest in them. but it can quickly change because probably Leerin arrives beetween the middle or the late parts of the show..
About the Leerin X Layfon romance: there's a possibility that Layfon knows her too well and thinks about her as a sister(so romantical feelings impossible). But porbavbly it's not the case(we hope so because we already have Mei as hopeless contender)

It's funny that while everyone mentions in ep 8 the Felli "hug" scene no one the Nina "hug scene" at the end of episode...
We don't know for sure if he have romantic feelings for Leerin or to one of the girls at Zuelni, but Nina helps him to make peace with the thought of being a soldier, so somehow she takes a little bit from Leerin's emotional support role and So far Layfon shows the most interest to her from the Zuelni girls. So if there's a girl whom with Layfon would have a romantic moment first it's most probably her(or Leerin if no one before her arrival).

Saasha
2009-03-02, 02:39
no...not all of the harem aniomes like that...the harem animemeans as it says: Lot of girls(at least 4) love the same guy...it's meaning almost the same as love ploygon exept that in love ploygon it's possible that one of the girls don't like the guy while he likes that girl...further complicating the whole plot.

Oh, thnx. I guess I really haven't watched a lot of harem animes then. Heh, heh, for some reason dont like calling regios a harem anime* wrinkles her nose*
I kinda like the idea of Layfon being emotionaly sensitive to the girls & knowing which girl he wants right from the start instead of the usual dillydallying cause he's a dense blockhead when it comes to romance scenario. It'd be refreshing.:p

It's true...currently he didn't showed any romantical interest in them. but it can quickly change because probably Leerin arrives beetween the middle or the late parts of the show..
About the Leerin X Layfon romance: there's a possibility that Layfon knows her too well and thinks about her as a sister(so romantical feelings impossible). But porbavbly it's not the case(we hope so because we already have Mei as hopeless contender)

It is a possibility. We'll know for sure when they interact. I can't wait!!!XD
Also, I'm really curious about her role overall in the plot as well. I wonder if she possesses some strange power or something. Why is the Queen so interested in her? It can't simply be because she is important to Layfon or her boobs or something just as lame.

It's funny that while everyone mentions in ep 8 the Felli "hug" scene no one the Nina "hug scene" at the end of episode...

Ya, Nina's actually been hugged/cradled by him a number of times already not that any of these so called hugs mean anything unless done in a purely romantic context.;)

We don't know for sure if he have romantic feelings for Leerin or to one of the girls at Zuelni, but Nina helps him to make peace with the thought of being a soldier, so somehow she takes a little bit from Leerin's emotional support role and So far Layfon shows the most interest to her from the Zuelni girls. So if there's a girl whom with Layfon would have a romantic moment first it's most probably her(or Leerin if no one before her arrival).

Well, so far, there hasnt been any romantic development on Layfon's side at all or we would have been given some hints, even vague ones. A little blushing by Layfon when in close proximity to the girls would have sufficed to show that he was romantically interested in either of the girls.

Both Nina & Feli support him in different ways, I think. While Nina inspires him to fight & not run away from the situation, Feli understands & relates to his feelings of being forced unwillingly to do Karian Loss's bidding & not being free to choose his own path. Leerin, I think is someone he talks..uh writes to about all of these things, since she even knows about his past and he's filling her in about his present in the letters, so it seems like she has the upper hand for now. So, all the girls do something for him, even Mei since she represents normalcy in life, something he feels he has to protect.

Nina & Feli's relationship with Layfon has potential to develop into something deeper while Mei, not so. With Leerin, we just need to know the extent of his feelings for her, if he already has romantic feelings for that he hasnt yet realized or something. If he doesn't, then I dont see him developing them this late, so the baton would pass to either Nina or Feli. For some reason, though, I cant shake of the feeling that the red headed dude...what was his name?...Dexerius Maskane or something from ep 3 is gonna hold her attention sometime later in the series since they've already met & all.

I actually like all three girls i.e Nina, Feli & Leerin & I'm okay with either of them ending up with him( though rooting for Leerin the most) except there should be sufficient romantic development on his side which I'm still waiting for. There's plenty of time for it still.

willyvereb
2009-03-02, 03:03
You mean Dixero? It would be somewhat funny because both Nina(later in the series) and he can travel beetween dimensions.
But as Sharnid stated: Nina's iinterested in younger boys. :P(joking)
I think Felli and Layfon's relation works the opposite way: he influences Felli.
Guessing from what i've heard about the light novels: Layfon's not dedicated to any of the girls...even to Leerin. So it's not like that he made his choice already.

The other difference beetween harem and love polygon: the main hero's soomewhat a girl magnet and he don't have any real contenders at all.

Saasha
2009-03-02, 03:27
You mean Dixero? It would be somewhat funny because both Nina(later in the series) and he can travel beetween dimensions.

Ya, him, that's the guy. I'd like to see him again simply to oogle him cause he's so gorgeous ;) There's also a manga scan I saw somewhere with dixero, nina & layfon in it, I think, not too sure though.

But as Sharnid stated: Nina's iinterested in younger boys. :P(joking)
lol!

I think Felli and Layfon's relation works the opposite way: he influences Felli.

Ya, that too, but it's always nice to know that there's someone out there that feels the exact same way as you do. So, I believe she makes him feel at ease in that way.

Guessing from what i've heard about the light novels: Layfon's not dedicated to any of the girls...even to Leerin.

Aww, really?.... how so?.... from all the spoilers I've read, he seems to be behaving all right with Leerin & the others. How do you define ' not dedicated'? I wonder if they're going to leave it openended with how well they are developing all the girls?

Enternal
2009-03-02, 04:37
Fon-Fon and Felli share a moment under the moonlight in the abandoned city, two kindred souls, or something. Sharing their feelings of loneliness. Or something. He looks determined, she blushes.

Woah, that sounds so wonderful and beautiful.....

Guessing from what i've heard about the light novels: Layfon's not dedicated to any of the girls...even to Leerin.

What do you mean by this? Although it could just mean that he has not romantic interests in any of the girls but somehow that sentence just gave off a negative connotation vibes.

zibi88
2009-03-02, 05:34
Well for makeing any romantical ideas and who Layfon likes most now its kinda not right moment ^^ Since Leerin is not in Zueli so we dont know how Layfon feels at all... after she arrives to Layfon's side we might actualy see who and how Layfon cares the most from all girls

Its kinda unfair to talk about romance when all the girls are not in 1city xD but looking at anime Layfon keeps thinking about Leerin and Leerin keeps thinking about Layfon (in ep8 she even blushed after reading Layfons letter ^^ so its clear that she has large crush on Layfon and that kiss from ep1 is the proof of that so she is mostly the main enemy of other girls)

Well the other thing that Layfon showed is that he can only talk with Leerin about what he feels, about his past, his worries and stuff like that..... she is the only girl that layfon can talk to about his matters and what troubles him.... Layfon didnt showed any streight talk to Nina,Feli or Mei about his matters...... he only talk about them when he was forced to say them and not becouse he wanted to share it with them......

So I personaly will wait for Leerin to reunite with Layfon when we can see which girl Layfon likes the most..... (and well Leerin appearing might accrivate their own crush development in order to steal Layfon from Leerin :P )

Well Leerin knows the most what Layfon must feel.... since they were growing together and she knows what happened...ect...

Nina's attitude changes too much.... she thinks that she can gain layfon's level of power in few days... she is too much jelous about it.... and well she cant rather imagine what Layfon is feeling since she was growing up in a rich home where she didnt had to worry about food,cloths and her free time she was wasteing on playing around and wanting to protect fairy's......... while Layfon sacraficed his honour and pride in order to gain money so he and all children in orphnage had food,cloths...... and he risked his life in each fight with the mosnters........ so kinda Nina is looking at Layfon from her point of view (not thinking why he was fighting for money and not to protect people....)..... but for now I dont see any romantic relantionship more like captain-subordinate

Feli well she finaly met someone in similar trouble of beign born with huge power potential but the same time she is not allowed to have life that she wants to live.... other people makes her do things that she doesnt like to do.... they simply are useing her power for their own gain not considering what she wants from life..... Layfon kinda feels closer to her more than to Nina or Mei....

anyway to see who and how loves we have to wait for all girls to gather in one place XD then the fun can begin ;]

Slick_rick
2009-03-02, 06:13
Well the other thing that Layfon showed is that he can only talk with Leerin about what he feels, about his past, his worries and stuff like that..... she is the only girl that layfon can talk to about his matters and what troubles him.... Layfon didnt showed any streight talk to Nina,Feli or Mei about his matters...... he only talk about them when he was forced to say them and not becouse he wanted to share it with them......

I think this is a bit of an unfair comparison. The reason he doesn't open up to others in Zuellni about his past is because he wants to leave it behind him. We don't know exactly what he talks about to Leerin. I'd assume she already knows a lot about his pasts but I'm not sure how much he opens up to her about his worries. He has opened up to Nina and Felli about his worries. Mainly about trying to find his own path. He doesn't go in-depth but he has his reasons of course.

I see Leerin as being the last hurdle for the eventual winner, hopefully Nina. You need to show "childhood friends" who's the boss and make sure they don't start trying to butt into your relationship!

Enternal
2009-03-02, 06:26
I see Leerin as being the last hurdle for the eventual winner, hopefully Nina. You need to show "childhood friends" who's the boss and make sure they don't start trying to butt into your relationship!

That's rather harsh and unfair for you to say that. It sounds as if you are saying Leerin is more of an outsider or pest. Actually, Leerin is someone who is a huge emotional support for Layfon and Layfon trusts her and cares about her a lot. Whether it is in a romatic light or not is not yet shown although it doesn't not seem Layfon has any romantic interests yet. Even toward Nina, it's more of a admiration rather than romantic feelings.

Nina's attitude changes too much.... she thinks that she can gain layfon's level of power in few days... she is too much jelous about it.... and well she cant rather imagine what Layfon is feeling since she was growing up in a rich home where she didnt had to worry about food,cloths and her free time she was wasteing on playing around and wanting to protect fairy's......... while Layfon sacraficed his honour and pride in order to gain money so he and all children in orphnage had food,cloths...... and he risked his life in each fight with the mosnters........ so kinda Nina is looking at Layfon from her point of view (not thinking why he was fighting for money and not to protect people....)..... but for now I dont see any romantic relantionship more like captain-subordinate

Personally, both Layfon and Nina had suffered. Don't fall into the mistake of thinking that rich people don't need to worry about food, clothes, etc. and thus they are free from suffering. This is a problem with the thing between rich and poor people. Poor people tend to believe that the rich has everything and does not need to worry about anything. The rich people also think the same way about the poor people. It's such an annoying barrier that is set up by our own human nature. Besides, what Nina is suffering from has not been yet revealed as not all of her past have been revealed.

Slick_rick
2009-03-02, 07:13
That's rather harsh and unfair for you to say that. It sounds as if you are saying Leerin is more of an outsider or pest. Actually, Leerin is someone who is a huge emotional support for Layfon and Layfon trusts her and cares about her a lot. Whether it is in a romatic light or not is not yet shown although it doesn't not seem Layfon has any romantic interests yet. Even toward Nina, it's more of a admiration rather than romantic feelings.

Well I certainly was being facetious with my last statement if you couldn't read between the lines. Though I do honestly think she will be the last hurdle in this story. That's just my opinion on it. She'll come to throw a wrench into the Layfon's relationship with the girls though we'll see if that wrench isn't thrown right back at her!(Me being facetious again.)

Enternal
2009-03-02, 07:44
Well I certainly was being facetious with my last statement if you couldn't read between the lines. Though I do honestly think she will be the last hurdle in this story. That's just my opinion on it. She'll come to throw a wrench into the Layfon's relationship with the girls though we'll see if that wrench isn't thrown right back at her!(Me being facetious again.)

Ah I see. Anyway, it's going to be an interesting part when they get to it. All these girls throwing wrenches at each other. I believe that Felli and Nina will be the first to do so though Leerin will join the party shortly after. But wow, Layfon definitely has girl troubles planned for him.

Clarste
2009-03-02, 09:50
Personally, both Layfon and Nina had suffered. Don't fall into the mistake of thinking that rich people don't need to worry about food, clothes, etc. and thus they are free from suffering. This is a problem with the thing between rich and poor people. Poor people tend to believe that the rich has everything and does not need to worry about anything. The rich people also think the same way about the poor people. It's such an annoying barrier that is set up by our own human nature. Besides, what Nina is suffering from has not been yet revealed as not all of her past have been revealed.

What? How does this make sense? In what sense do the poor "have everything and do not need to worry about anything" that the rich person might be jealous of? Within the context of this show, I'd guess you're talking about freedom to choose one's path in life or something? Well, even if that's true, the particular phrasing makes no sense. Even if you prefer being poor and free to being rich and constrained, the poor certainly don't have everything.

And personally, as someone who's had complete freedom and enough food/clothes for my entire life, the food feels more important to me. Not to mention being poor limits your freedom to the actions which make money, or require investments of no more than ____. Which is the opposite of freedom.

willyvereb
2009-03-02, 10:28
Well for makeing any romantical ideas and who Layfon likes most now its kinda not right moment ^^ Since Leerin is not in Zueli so we dont know how Layfon feels at all... after she arrives to Layfon's side we might actualy see who and how Layfon cares the most from all girls
We can only speculate about Layfon's feelings even without Leerin, but perhaps we got a clearer view when she arrives.

Its kinda unfair to talk about romance when all the girls are not in 1city xD but looking at anime Layfon keeps thinking about Leerin and Leerin keeps thinking about Layfon (in ep8 she even blushed after reading Layfons letter ^^ so its clear that she has large crush on Layfon and that kiss from ep1 is the proof of that so she is mostly the main enemy of other girls)
As i stated weeks ago: she'll be a very strong contender probably, but deffinietly not the only one for Layfon...just beuz the readers(viewers) enjoy the "harem wars"

Because he started a new life...he wishes that the things in his previous life didn't happened. Why he must speak about it then? Layfon shares different things with all of the girls.

So I personaly will wait for Leerin to reunite with Layfon when we can see which girl Layfon likes the most..... (and well Leerin appearing might accrivate their own crush development in order to steal Layfon from Leerin :P )

Well Leerin knows the most what Layfon must feel.... since they were growing together and she knows what happened...ect...

Yes...she can't understand him,because they're lived a somewhat different world despite both of them military artists. I can't say that Nina have an easy life. Not to mention that she left her family many years ago...probably she felt more the being of poor than Layfon(cause she was a fugitive...a little kid drifting from city to city...if someone read the LN and know otherwise than correct me). She lived in a world as a kid where the strenght meant everything so her jaelusy of layfon's strenght somehow understandable. Not to mention that after the happenings in Chrezny she considers being weak as a sin for herself and that's the main cause why she jaelus for Layfon's power because he can protect the people around him when she's not.In Nina's bnook it means that she's weak and she's being too lazy. She's different from Layfon in many ways but probably that's why she's able to help him make peace with his power. And perhaps that's why Nina's attitude changes that many times.

Feli well she finaly met someone in similar trouble of beign born with huge power potential but the same time she is not allowed to have life that she wants to live.... other people makes her do things that she doesnt like to do.... they simply are useing her power for their own gain not considering what she wants from life..... Layfon kinda feels closer to her more than to Nina or Mei....
I doubt it, because he don't seek her as Nina sometimes. Perhaps she closer tio him than Mei. Perhaps maybe from other viewpoint Felli's closer to Fon-fon than Nina(their feet and shin met the most for example:P...but seriously she understands more Layfon's hate for fighting for example). But wwe only seen Layfon worrying for Nina from the girls(perhaps it's partly cause of her reckless nature:P)

Saasha
2009-03-02, 15:48
We don't know exactly what he talks about to Leerin. I'd assume she already knows a lot about his pasts but I'm not sure how much he opens up to her about his worries. He has opened up to Nina and Felli about his worries. Mainly about trying to find his own path. He doesn't go in-depth but he has his reasons of course.

Hmm... I believe he does. His main worry as u have stated is about trying to find his path and during his date with Mei, didnt he voice out this worry to Leerin in his head? which kinda implies that he has mentioned these things to Leerin in his letters to her.

And, at the beginnining of the series she is aware that he wishes to lead a normal life and decides to respect his wishes for now. That 'for now' bothers me. It's like she knows he will eventually have to fight anyway.

Enternal
2009-03-02, 16:27
What? How does this make sense? In what sense do the poor "have everything and do not need to worry about anything" that the rich person might be jealous of? Within the context of this show, I'd guess you're talking about freedom to choose one's path in life or something? Well, even if that's true, the particular phrasing makes no sense. Even if you prefer being poor and free to being rich and constrained, the poor certainly don't have everything.

And personally, as someone who's had complete freedom and enough food/clothes for my entire life, the food feels more important to me. Not to mention being poor limits your freedom to the actions which make money, or require investments of no more than ____. Which is the opposite of freedom.

Perhaps you did not get what I am saying. Instead you got defensive right away without reading my statement clearer. I did not say the poor have everything. What I am saying is that poor or rich people both have problems they have to deal with. The problems though is that both side tend to believe that the other don't have anything to worry or care about when both side actually do have problems of their own. I know someone who was has been on both side before. Before the war, they were a rich family but they had their own problems but during the war and after, they lost everything and nearly starved to death. Overall, they said that both side had different sufferings but either way, there is suffering for both side and not one side is exempt from the other.

Also it was a reply to one of the other statements which seems to imply that that since Nina is a rich girl, she does not have to worry about anything.

Slick_rick
2009-03-02, 16:43
Hmm... I believe he does. His main worry as u have stated is about trying to find his path and during his date with Mei, didnt he voice out this worry to Leerin in his head? which kinda implies that he has mentioned these things to Leerin in his letters to her.

And, at the beginnining of the series she is aware that he wishes to lead a normal life and decides to respect his wishes for now. That 'for now' bothers me. It's like she knows he will eventually have to fight anyway.

Well I assume he does express some of his worries to her. That's why I wondered how much he does. As a childhood friend she has the benefit of knowing more about his past so it would be much easier to open up to her. Not to mention it's pretty clear she knows his reasoning for leaving to find his own path. The question really is how much more does he open up to her than the other girls. My comment was in response to it being stated that Leerin was somehow the only girl he opens up to about things. That's not true and the gap between the other girls and Leerin on this issue is obviously closing and probably will continue to close.

I think the "for now" has to do with her wish to be with him not fighting. Then will come the time when the other girls need to give her a sharp backhand and tell her childhood friends are meant to be unlucky in love.

Saasha
2009-03-02, 18:34
Well I assume he does express some of his worries to her. That's why I wondered how much he does. As a childhood friend she has the benefit of knowing more about his past so it would be much easier to open up to her. Not to mention it's pretty clear she knows his reasoning for leaving to find his own path. The question really is how much more does he open up to her than the other girls. My comment was in response to it being stated that Leerin was somehow the only girl he opens up to about things. That's not true and the gap between the other girls and Leerin on this issue is obviously closing and probably will continue to close.

Of course, I mentioned somewhere that all of the girls do/represent something to him. Nina & Feli have a relationship with him that has the potential to develop romantically while with Leerin we just need to discover the extent of his feelings for her. That is the only advantage she holds over the other two at the moment, since we have yet to see them interact.

I think the "for now" has to do with her wish to be with him not fighting.

Oops! your right, didn't occur to me. *silly me* :heh:

Then will come the time when the other girls need to give her a sharp backhand and tell her childhood friends are meant to be unlucky in love.
You wish!:p

TrueKnight
2009-03-02, 21:20
If there’s any agreement I have with non-Fon-fonxLeerin fans, is for Leerin coming to Zuellni as late as possible so Felli, Nina or [insert favorite girl here] can develop her relationship and elope early on with Fon-fon. When Leerin finally visit Zuellni, she’d be seeing Fon-fon already as a young daddy wearing apron with a cute or hot wife.

>.> <.< ….what?

*dodges multiple rage-bricks valiantly from Leerin fans before finally dies*

typhonsentra
2009-03-02, 23:10
I haven't seen this show but I don't understand how you can avoid shipping in a thread like this.

Saasha
2009-03-02, 23:15
uh huh. You should watch, it's pretty good.

Master Assassin
2009-03-02, 23:23
I haven't seen this show but I don't understand how you can avoid shipping in a thread like this.

I don't even understand how anyone can discuss romance in this series....

Well, try wondering "how can this thread even exist for this series" and maybe we'll get something.

... Don't mind me, I'm here for some entertainment including romance talks in the series. :rolleyes:

Bonta Kun
2009-03-02, 23:32

who said anything about avoiding?!

bring on the HMS Fon-Fen!:heh:

well I for one do tend to favor a certain ship in most series but also I'm one thats not bothered about what the "outcome" is in the end, I'm easy going when it comes to anime:)

shipping is a bonus, for s**** and giggles I guess:p

JediNight
2009-03-03, 01:23
Well shipping is basically pairing together characters you know aren't going to end up together. This early in the show, I don't think we can say at all who Layfon will end up with, if anyone yet. So it's perfectly fine to root for whoever.

Although I think the only 2 real contenders will end up being Felli and Nina. And even though I like Felli better, going by shonen genre history, Nina is the more likely "final girl".

TrueKnight
2009-03-03, 06:03
Abusive, cold > hotblood.

willyvereb
2009-03-03, 06:44
TrueKnight:Realy?Maybe as a character in anime/movies...but not as a person or a girlfriend.
Q: It's your stzatement of Felli fandom?:P

TrueKnight
2009-03-03, 06:53
TrueKnight:Realy?Maybe as a character in anime/movies...but not as a person or a girlfriend.
Q: It's your stzatement of Felli fandom?:P

Yeah, kinda. And there are lots of real masochist guys who likes being abused so.....

willyvereb
2009-03-03, 07:21
I think i am not one of them(as main part of the general populance of males:P)
Remember...despite the relatively lot of "masochist" male lead in animes(Sousuke, Saito for example). The cold and abusive girls rarely won in a "love fight"... and if yes,then not with their coldness and abusiveness:P
Not to mention that the used "masochist characters" as big anomalies as the big chested asian girls in anime.:P

Tjaard
2009-03-03, 11:47
Well, i don't like maso-main chara but surely i despise max-abusive loli (Louise, Shana, Taiga, Index), but for felli is different, she isn't so loli nad her cold attitude is because her problem with her power, same for when she kick something or someone (with that she expresses her emotions, usually anger), so for me is good as chara.
For Layfon i think isn't maso as the others, so for now is ok xDD

Kinku
2009-03-03, 14:27
um i still dont understand the concept of shipping... i hear it all the time if i read romance thread of series...people tend to get mad.

willyvereb
2009-03-03, 15:35
Shipping means...being offensively fan of a pairing. You deffend it with your every post and state half true things as surely beneficient to XY pairing.
And if we see the shipping=worshipping concept:
Worship a character/pairing: being unreasonably biassed to that side and grab every bit of information to state your truth. An argument beetween two shippers from opposite side can be as fired up as a religious one.

germanturkey
2009-03-03, 18:45
Lillin has a head start on a relationship with Fon Fon. plus its not like Fon Fon will fall for Felli somewhere along the line. he sees her as an upperclassmen and teammate. just like how he sees Nina as a leader and teammate rather than a romantic interest.

Tjaard
2009-03-03, 19:15
Lillin has a head start on a relationship with Fon Fon. plus its not like Fon Fon will fall for Felli somewhere along the line. he sees her as an upperclassmen and teammate. just like how he sees Nina as a leader and teammate rather than a romantic interest.

He see Mei only as a friend :D
And probably he see Leerin as a sister, because they are grown together in the orphanage :p
I think that Layfon haven't romantic interest for now xDD
So no upper hand :heh:

Master Assassin
2009-03-03, 19:17
Shipping means...being offensively fan of a pairing. You deffend it with your every post and state half true things as surely beneficient to XY pairing.
Worship a character/pairing: being unreasonably biassed to that side and grab every bit of information to state your truth. An argument beetween two shippers from opposite side can be as fired up as a religious one.

I agree on this.

And that, is not what I am here for. I believe talking about character's relationships, whether a pairing is possible or impossible, is fun. :D

And that's why we are all here right? ;)

TrueKnight
2009-03-03, 19:57
Well one thing for certain after watching episode 8, is that they really downplay the importance of Leerin and her upper-hand relationship with Fon-fon. So the anime probably is taking a differrent dimension altogether on this where all the girls could possibly stood on equal ground. Meaning more chances for Fon-fon x Felli.

Kinku
2009-03-03, 20:21

Thanks for the info ;) lol argument over romance in anime i always found that funny...

TrueKnight
2009-03-03, 21:11
Your posting in the wrong thread dude. And no need for spoilers considering its subbed so its considered to be public.

Master Assassin
2009-03-03, 21:19
Your posting in the wrong thread dude. And no need for spoilers considering its subbed so its considered to be public.

I know. Well I did correct that except for the spoiler tag, I didn't remove it.

... gah, looks like the connection was too slow for me before anyone realizes what kind of "posting in the wrong thread" I did. If possible I want to avoid anyone realizing what "wrong post" did I do >_>

ah well back to rabu-rabu tooku (Love-love talks). Anyway, I almost LOL'd when Felli said "Lift me up more gently," considering I'm in the middle of a class when I watched the current episode :heh:

CybEssen
2009-03-03, 21:22
Anyway, I almost LOL'd when Felli said "Lift me up more gently," considering I'm in the middle of a class when I watched the current episode :heh:

I was in shock when Felli actually allowed someone to touch her. I could not believe it.

Master Assassin
2009-03-03, 21:26
I was in shock when Felli actually allowed someone to touch her. I could not believe it.

Uh, how about that hug from Nina in episode 4? Or you are trying to say "she allowed someone of a different gender (other than her bro) to touch her?"

TrueKnight
2009-03-03, 21:27
ah well back to rabu-rabu tooku (Love-love talks). Anyway, I almost LOL'd when Felli said "Lift me up more gently,"

I was surprised too when she said that, but I didn’t quite get the meaning or reason why she said it. Any psychology/romance expert care to explain why?

boss
2009-03-04, 00:01
She was just getting back at him for ignoring her and doing things on his own (scanning the area with his dite) when she went out of her way to follow him. It was her indirect way of saying "WTF are you doing that for when you could have asked help from the best/cutest Nen-I user who is standing right next to you! i wish you'd depend on me a bit more! hmmph! *pout*"

Heh, heh... but that's just me. :cool:

Saasha
2009-03-04, 00:07
probably because she felt the hug was too impersonal on his side, she wanted him to be affected/flustered by their closeness? XD

Bonta Kun
2009-03-04, 00:38
I think its more to do with Fon-Fon saying he doesn't like fighting and the sort yet here he is putting forth effort(something I find myself on 2 sides of, as I like to apply the saying "if your gonna do something, then might as well do it properly")
Felli thinks that effort should go towards what he whats to do, leading a normal life.
Knowing how to handle a girl gently would be something to put forth extra effort into:p
I mean he just basically grabs her and then whoosh up they go!

been thinking about this and now I've decided, I'll root for Fon-FonXLeerin!

.....as I want Felli for meself!:p

Bring on the HMS Bon-Fen!!!:D

JediNight
2009-03-04, 00:54
Felli is interesting in that there is a very sound reasoning for once behind her supposedly abusive tendencies towards Layfon. I don't really see it as her meaning to be abusive. It's just that her powers have always caused her to be very reserved in her emotions. So she just doesn't know how to act properly when her emotions start swelling to the surface. I think given normal relationship progression between her and Layfon, that she would eventually mostly get over it.

Felli is actually pretty hypocritical in her views towards Layfon and fighting. She extended her power a tremendous range and basically collapsed by the end of the fight with the mature bug. (Ambulance was there if you noticed) I think that shows she cares about her teammates and will try hard for them and to keep the city safe.

Layfon really has no choice with fighting. Being the strongest in the city by a large margin, his conscience would tear him up if he sat back and watched people die when he could have done something. Personally I think he should ditch the job and "double major" in General Studies then.

TrueKnight
2009-03-04, 08:52
Hmm,

Felli is interesting in that there is a very sound reasoning for once behind her supposedly abusive tendencies towards Layfon. I don't really see it as her meaning to be abusive. It's just that her powers have always caused her to be very reserved in her emotions. So she just doesn't know how to act properly when her emotions start swelling to the surface. I think given normal relationship progression between her and Layfon, that she would eventually mostly get over it.

For people who knew and understand her enough, especially Fon-fon, she’s not viewed as abusive. But for other people in the academy who don’t, she is.

Felli is actually pretty hypocritical in her views towards Layfon and fighting. She extended her power a tremendous range and basically collapsed by the end of the fight with the mature bug. (Ambulance was there if you noticed) I think that shows she cares about her teammates and will try hard for them and to keep the city safe.

Before she knew Fon-fon she didn’t care about what other thinks, she didn’t want to use her powers regardless of her potential. She wanted to keep a low profile and she even expected Fon-fon to do the same. Simply put, she was selfish.

However, things started changed when our badass hero entered the stage. At first she thought he was the same as her, hated people who used them (Kallian in mind), extremely gifted people, as tools for their own purpose, be it politically, for security or commercially. She somehow tried to enforce her own ideals to Fon-fon.

Further changes could be seen when Fon-fon asked her to help him locating the mother-bug in ep 5, where she’s willing to use her hidden powers to help others as a whole, following his brother’s ‘bidding’. This exclude episode 4 where she used her powers by ‘accident’.

After that, seeing how our good natured hero just still couldn’t bear seeing others get hurt, and even went far to say he didn’t mind being used as long as it’s to save people made her confused even more, and somehow longing for him to see how far he will go with these ‘stupid ideals’ of his. Little by little, she became quite infatuated by him, even so far as hiding Leerin’s letter and wanted to know more about her and her relation to Fon-fon.

This infatuation continues and starts affecting her own habits, where usually she ignored and waited people to order/ask her to actually do something using her exceptional powers, into finally acting by her volition to use her exceptional powers, as seen in episode 7 where she supported Fon-fon and the squad until the point of exhaustion.

She changed, without her even realizing it (or maybe realizes a bit). She becomes more and more attached to Fon-fon because of this change. Her character develop for the better. And of course, we owe this development to Fon-fon. Which is why I’m rooting for this pairing.

Maybe as the story went on, she will become more ladylike when she’s around him.

willyvereb
2009-03-04, 09:50
I wondering that Felli's realy is 17...she somehow no matter how i look at it she seems no older than 14...perhaps this is an anime(Louise is 16 although she seems to be younger than her age...but somehow she seems to be more mature[based on her looks and behaviour] than Felli.) Perhaps it's anime where someone with the looks of a 10 years old can be in her twenties(to aru majutsu no index).
We can mention in that context Nina too... not to mention that her change with Layfon is mutual. Both of them learnt something from the other so far.
And perhaps just behind the scenes but Layfon is thankfull in many things to Leerin.
So it's interesting to see what'll happen. I guess now that there's a smaller possibility that Leerin wins Layfon's affection in sense of the writers mind because as you said. It's good too see how change a character because of someone's influence and that's not happening in Leerin's case.

aesthetic
2009-03-04, 10:16

Anyways, *raise Fon-fon x Felli flag*

yeah!! the Fon-fon x Felli flag!!

raise it higher!! XD

JediNight
2009-03-04, 17:16
Based on past experience, I don't see Leerin x Layfon being a romantic chance. If they grew up at the orphanage together, then it's more the "big brother"/siblings thing. Very very rarely in anime do the childhood friends ever actually hook up as odd as that might seem.

Tjaard
2009-03-04, 17:30
Based on past experience, I don't see Leerin x Layfon being a romantic chance. If they grew up at the orphanage together, then it's more the "big brother"/siblings thing. Very very rarely in anime do the childhood friends ever actually hook up as odd as that might seem.

Finally someone who think like me for this :D

honeypie_0106
2009-03-04, 18:15
Well it is also very rare for the main character to hook up with a cold loli. Name an anime in which the lead goes with a cold loli????? Anyone?

It is also very rare in an anime that we get to see a parting kiss at the first episode by a close friend.

I'm not saying Leerin has the upperhand, but she has a good chance as any. Wayyyy more than Felli does.

Enternal
2009-03-04, 18:18
Well it is also very rare for the main character to hook up with a cold loli. Name an anime in which the lead goes with a cold loli????? Anyone?

It is also very rare in an anime that we get to see a parting kiss at the first episode by a close friend.

I'm not saying Leerin has the upperhand, but she has a good chance as any. Wayyyy more than Felli does.

Exactly what I was thinking. In other words, this series is pretty much breaking those typical boundaries you see in other series so everyone has a high chance.

Master Assassin
2009-03-04, 18:36
Not to mention that rarely most main characters of Layfon's type doesn't start out as already badass and hiding it. But then again that's not the point here...

I have my own predictions on how everyone's luck will end up with Layfon, but I don't dare to say them here. After all, it's just a prediction. Besides, the novels hasn't really ended (or so I think), it's hard to make sure of anything. But sure enough, since Regios is from a novel...

JediNight
2009-03-04, 19:36
I don't really see much "breaking" of standard story elements so far in Regios. It's a shonen fighting story, I wouldn't ever really expect much. The Japanese aren't known for breaking what works ;)

Felli is probably the one thats most complex and rare for this type of show, actually. And calling her a "cold loli" is doing her a disservice IMHO. Much like people who call Eureka a "Rei clone" in E7 without actually watching past the first couple episodes. Not to mention she isn't loli ... ?? I'd call her ... socially and emotionally maladjusted atm ;)

TrueKnight
2009-03-05, 11:19
I have my own predictions on how everyone's luck will end up with Layfon, but I don't dare to say them here.

I can say proudly that I predict Layfon will end up with Felli because they're in the same and are meant to each other. :D After all it's just speculation (which I hope to happen) so no need to hold back.

*hides from Leerin and Nina fans*

willyvereb
2009-03-05, 14:07
They're the same? I found a bunch of things that not...(let's start with that Fon-fon is selfless...while Felli...erm not.). I can say that Nina and Layfon is the same in some aspects as him and Felli. In case of Felli they share the same fate(born to be great talents and have no choice what to do) and with Nina the will to protect
While Felli was the Mysterious Girlfriend X , i mean "Mysterious Girl". So far Nina much more of a surprise for him. Perhaps it could change. Not to mention that Layfon hardly interested in girls for now(so the girls must be somewhat agressive to get him).
A little list about howe Layfon treats the female characters:
-Felli: friend and "soulmate"(not exactly...but they share a somewhat same fate)
-Meishen,Narki,Mifi:friends, admire them because they have a dream.
-Nina:friend, captain(protects her lalmost like formerly the queen of Grendan), "emotional support"(kinda...while he didn't asked her)
-Leerin:childhood friend, kinda like sister, emotional support
An interesting thing that Nina indirectly(trough Layfon) inspires Felli to fight.

AvianWing
2009-03-05, 14:21
I don't really see much "breaking" of standard story elements so far in Regios. It's a shonen fighting story, I wouldn't ever really expect much. The Japanese aren't known for breaking what works ;)

Felli is probably the one thats most complex and rare for this type of show, actually. And calling her a "cold loli" is doing her a disservice IMHO. Much like people who call Eureka a "Rei clone" in E7 without actually watching past the first couple episodes. Not to mention she isn't loli ... ?? I'd call her ... socially and emotionally maladjusted atm ;)

Yeah, I agree. Better to not call her a loli--

I can't remember the last time a loli "won" in a harem, much less in a shounen series.

JediNight
2009-03-05, 14:35
They're the same? I found a bunch of things that not...(let's start with that Fon-fon is selfless...while Felli...erm not.).

Well, look at her brother though... she's grown up expecting there to always be an "angle" to what everyone wants or does. It's taken being with Layfon to find other reasons to fight and learn that not everyone is an asshole like her brother ;) And apparently Layfon used to only care about money before and changed... (yes I'm aware theres apparently more to it than that)

honeypie_0106
2009-03-05, 17:29
What disservice to Felli?

Let us start with the word cold - does she display the usual emotions? Nope. she barely reacts and says her true feelings.

And according to Oxford "cold" means -
• lacking affection or warmth of feeling; unemotional : how cold and calculating he was | cold black eyes | cold politeness.
• sexually unresponsive; frigid.
• depressing or dispiriting; not suggestive of warmth
• (of a color) containing pale blue or gray. -:D:D

Now, on to the word "loli". - derived from the word lolita which literally means - a sexually precocious young girl...

Is she not a young girl? She's clearly below 18.

Thus, Felli is a "cold loli".

Enternal
2009-03-05, 18:32
I can say proudly that I predict Layfon will end up with Felli because they're in the same and are meant to each other. :D After all it's just speculation (which I hope to happen) so no need to hold back.

*hides from Leerin and Nina fans*

RAWR!!! *Attaches fake sharp monster teeth. Now who should I bite first? :D

Anyway, I thought Leerin this episode was rather cute. Felli was rather awesome though. Monkey!! Chante really is some wild monkey. Even her moves is represent her hothead stupidity and craziness. I mean, a gigantic fireball that looks like her head and it's fiery.

TrueKnight
2009-03-05, 18:43
Now, on to the word "loli". - derived from the word lolita which literally means – a sexually precocious young girl...

Hmm…. Layfon’s 15 or 16,

- Leerin’s at Layfon’s age or a bit older (15 -17), fits the ‘young’ part.

- she has with a nice figure that manage to drew the queen being all lesbian to her, fits ‘sexually precocious/smart’ part.

Thus, Leerin is also a ‘loli’.

But so far it seems like she’s warm hearted, so I say that she’s a ‘warm loli’.

We have a ‘cold loli’ and a ‘warm loli’ digging for Fon-fon.

And the ‘young’ angle is also depends on of each respective countries. For some countries it would also depend on the jurisdictions of each of its states. In Japan the legal consent age to marry for females is…..16? >.>

Master Assassin
2009-03-05, 18:47
Now, on to the word "loli". - derived from the word lolita which literally means - a sexually precocious young girl...

Uh, she might be below 18, but in some certain regions Layfon's age is more than legit. :heh:

The reason people might think she's a loli is because of her stature. But even with that I personally think she's way more... uh, developed than the typical loli. In other words... IMO, she's not even close to being a loli. She's just... short. Yea.

TrueKnight
2009-03-05, 23:42
Well based on a pic posted by Tjaard in the Felli thread, the official age of Fon-fon and each female character are as follows:

- 15 years: Fon-fon, Leerin, Mei, Narki and Mifi;
- 17 years : Felli;
- 18 years : Nina;
- 19 years: Shinola or the queen (lol?).

So Layfon’s hare…. er love interests consists of lolis and elder women, man the guy’s a stud.

Master Assassin
2009-03-06, 00:28
Still, Felli IMO is just short... other than that she's too developed to fit the criteria of a loli in my thoughts. Her outfit suggests so to me.

So Layfon’s hare…. er love interests consists of lolis and elder women, man the guy’s a stud.

He's a stud from the very beginning... and doesn't seem to be pleased with it. :heh: