PDA

View Full Version : Licensed Grappler Baki

Durango
2003-12-04, 23:37
i wasn't able to find these eps anywhere so if anyone has watched it, can they give me a brief summary of what happens? thnx. i want to know what happens before i watch 2nd grappler series.

whatever123
2003-12-05, 05:28
its been a while since i last saw them but i if remember correctly baki's dad fights with orochi doppo an equal fight they both controled the fight equally until yujiro was getting hit by doppo then notices that baki was watching the fight so he goes into a rage mode and laughs at doppo and thanks him for the great fight (dish as he said) then he exploded with some fast furios combination and destroyed doppo and knocked him down when he was leaving dopo stood up again showing his true fighting spirit then yujiro proceeded to give him the fatal blow so doppo was taking to the old doctor in the arena, who said that he didnt have any chance of survival, thats when the weird doctor who appeared in the previos episode came in to save the day with some never seen before cardiac massage.

that doctor was shinogi kozoe older brother (the cord cutter) this doctor then proceed to fight baki (he was the surprise opponent of baki) he has a scientific style of fighting which impressed even yujiro he combined medical science with fighting.

this guy then goes to fight baki, and a strong fight begins where this guy paralyzed bakis arm with some hit on his nerve and devastated baki with some hit that shakes all the body water (weird huh) then while they r fighting he goes on to challenge yujiro who was very furios and jumped into the ring then baki stops him telling him that he could end the fight himself so yujiro tells this guy that baki is going to end him with one hit and thats what baki did with the ancient technique one hit one down

sorry for my bad english and bad summary that was the best i could

Durango
2003-12-05, 22:39
thnx for the summary it really helped

skillosopher
2003-12-08, 14:40
the hawks are taking their time with these releases huh?

they are as slow as toriyamas world. i really wish a-keep would take their baki releases more seriously. season II is tiiiiight!

whatever123
2003-12-09, 03:15
hey skillosopher long time no c

a-keep began with a very fast pace i thought that they would catch up to hawks but they slowed thier pace when they reached ep 10 the problem with this series is that it isnt as popular as most other series thats why the releases r slow and there isnt a lot of groups subbing it

DarkSchneider83
2003-12-09, 03:28
off topic but, Hey skillosopher what anime is your avatar gif from

whatever123
2003-12-09, 03:30
its getbackers the character is akabane kudo(dr.jackal)

a_nevels666
2003-12-22, 18:21
As you can see on the main page Grappler Baki episode 22 is out by The Hawks.

It's one of the best episodes of Baki yet, Orochi Doppo VS Baki's dad. I can't wait for the rest.

Anyone else watch this yet? What do you think?

Xiandu
2003-12-23, 01:19
Yeah, i love this show. the fighting was awsome, but i so dispise Baki's father. Why does the guy that baki is going to fight look so much like a russian women bodybuilder. Anyways, hoping for ep23 and hopes that it comes out a bit faster same with 24 so i can start watching the 12 eps of season 2 i have saved up.

a_nevels666
2003-12-23, 08:08
Yeah, i love this show. the fighting was awsome, but i so dispise Baki's father. Why does the guy that baki is going to fight look so much like a russian women bodybuilder. Anyways, hoping for ep23 and hopes that it comes out a bit faster same with 24 so i can start watching the 12 eps of season 2 i have saved up.

Well, the guy IS a bodybuilder more or less. And both Shinogi brothers (Kosho and Kureha) look somewhat like women. (I think it's the lipstick ;))

And about Yujiro: you're supposed to dislike him, since he's the main villain. I think he's a great character though.

The update on the website (4 december) of the Hawks says they're are/were planning to release 23 and 24 this year, but I'm not sure if that's still going to happen.

whatever123
2003-12-23, 09:34
nice episode sure is a strong fight between these two

believe it or no yujiro is one of my faviorite characters of all times

Jn183
2003-12-23, 13:43
I like Yujiro also. Don't exactly know why but maybe b/c he is so freaking strong that make everyone aim for him as their goal. Also, maybe b/c his goal is to fight the strongest. Therefore, he doesn't give a crap about anything else. Not letting anything make him lose his focus. Except baki. He wants Baki to be even stronger than him. Btw, Damn baki, Doppo could have had a shot of winning or fight a lil longer but nooooooo Baki got to show up and piss Yujiro. "I don't want him to see me being a punching bag, that would be a bad example for Baki. Now time to finish Doppo"

hunterx
2003-12-23, 14:35
well with only 2 episodes to go when will baki fight his daddy? and I still don't think he can beat him

a_nevels666
2003-12-23, 15:36
well with only 2 episodes to go when will baki fight his daddy? and I still don't think he can beat him

Well,

I dont think Baki fights his dad (again) in this season yet.
It's not like he could beat him yet anyway.
I'm pretty sure he'll fight him in the 2nd season though, but I've only seen half of that yet

mutsumi_motoko
2003-12-23, 16:42
Were do you watch these at ?

Xiandu
2003-12-23, 18:24
The Hawks do Grappler Baki season 1. Miyuki Fansubs does season2. If you would look it up at the Animesuki website, you would have already answered your own question.

Nanto master77
2004-02-22, 05:24
I personnaly love grappler baki,

my opinion is that it's one of the best mangas ever

and especially one following the line of great old mangas of the golden age

if you agree or disagree with this, or if you want to give your own opinion or tell us about what you like the most in this manga

simply post !

megacoolspot
2004-02-22, 23:49
when i first saw baki, i thought the characters' drawing are pretty ugly X-P. but I have to admit, the story is pretty interesting and after reading the first chapter, i wanna read on and on :-)

This is one of the manga that is addicting to read and its story and plot out weighted the way it looks. Not a pretty face but definitely good stuff. jmho

Nanto master77
2004-02-23, 01:53
In fact I was actually talking about the anime

what about this ??

:hmm:

ElvenPath
2004-02-23, 06:36
-> Moved to Fansubs.

Karze
2004-02-23, 10:20
I hope your including GB 2, thats when it gets really exciting for me but one question i love the story and plot, but can someone for the love of god explain the ending to me :frustrated: (also add spoiler tags for the others)

a_nevels666
2004-02-23, 14:19
I hope your including GB 2, thats when it gets really exciting for me but one question i love the story and plot, but can someone for the love of god explain the ending to me :frustrated: (also add spoiler tags for the others)

I don't know, the 1st season has better art, and the story was a little better as well. The 2nd season is just one big tournament where every episode is one fight.

I've only seen what's been fansubbed so far, but I think the manga is at least one story arc ahead of the anime.

What's the ending like and what exactly don't you understand about it? (just add spoiler tags)

eVERLAST
2004-02-23, 20:07
i love both the anime and the manga,,does anyone in here read the manga too?

JOJOS'STAR
2004-02-23, 20:55
I don't know, the 1st season has better art, and the story was a little better as well. The 2nd season is just one big tournament where every episode is one fight.

I agree with that the 2nd season is just a tournament and the art once again is weak(refering to other similar series). I think those series are continued because the're kinda popular but the budget and investment remains the one they started with. So I guess the result is bad art quality by restrain ressources. There is a similar problem with Naruto these times..hmmm I wonder whats wrong these days with 24+ episodes series... I hope it just passes by :hmm:

ichido reichan
2004-02-23, 22:41
well dude, I have to say that Im a devoted GRAPPLER BAKI fan since the series were in production, I never saw the OVA and I just wanted to stick on the TV series.

***SEMI SPOILERS******DOESNT HURT TO READ AT YOUR OWN RISK*****

As you can see, BAKI doesnt finish in the second tournament, I was waiting with patience after the first season ended and I thought that maybe it will end in the second season..but no..it doesnt end, nor in the first, nor in the second, and for the ones that were following the series on dvd, they aired a special tv episode with the bloody story of HANMA YUUJIRO but when the story goes good, they cut it in the half and so the story goes on.

for the ones that finished both seasons of the series, the tournament just was made so Baki discovers 3 things.

-He has a half brother

-he won the "right" to fight the strongest creature and show his dad that he can kick his ass anytime now.

-Yuujiro and the same BAKI discovers that his own powers "woke up" after fight the chinese legend of kung fu RETSU KAIOH, and with this "awaken power" he can fight finally equal to equal to yuujiro (Notice that the awaken power is used just with RETSU KAIOH and not with JACK HAMMA/HAMMER because BAKI respected JACK and fought him with his true abilities)

Now, the BAKI homepage just keeps telling you about their new toy releases, the new contracts where BAKI will be aired on tv, but so far, nobody knows what will happen or what the author ITAGAKI KEISUKE will do to wrap up the story and give it a good ending.

a good news for the fans... GRAPPLER BAKI the manga keeps being published in japan and is going for around 55 tankoubons mostly because the fights are in whole details and counting that you can finish 1 BERSERK book in like 2 hours, you can easily finish 1 grappler baki book in less than 20 minutes or less, the baki books goes down like cans of beer.

and in a final note, in the japanese BBS they were rumoring that either

A) Grappler Baki will finish in a two hour Movie were will be dedicated at the last confrontation between YUUJIRO and HANMA (Rumored: the strongest's destiny)

B) 3 OVAS of Grappler Baki where he confront his dad and goes to china to discover more this "new power" that will be useful in the last battle

C) a new 26 episodes that will be a join project between FREE WILL and BEE TRAIN (hack//sign) and a movie, and the producers are just waiting to the manga to end so they can't make the RUROUNI KENSHIN mistake (inventing new episodes not written by the author)

So far, thats is what the G-B forum is saying, for more info, visit

www.baki.ne.jp

and we still waiting...since 2 years ago....

ichido reichan
2004-02-23, 23:26
and since you guys want to know why there is no more anime of GRAPPLER BAKI, I will tell you what the people responsible is doing right now:

katsuyoshi Yatabe (director of BAKI 1-2) :just finished GUNDAM SEED

-Masami Kikuchi (HANMA BAKI, Keichii in AH MY GODDESS, Tenchi in TENCHI MUYO)
right now is working on :Konjiki no Gash Bell (kyanchome)

-Ebara Masashi (HANMA YUUJIRO) is currently working on NARUTO (Gai Maito) and PEACEMAKER KUROGANE (Ryoma Sakamoto)

skillosopher
2004-02-24, 12:04
geez!

i had no idea anything existed after the second season tourney! i wish this manga were licenced so i could by it in america. the same thing happend when get backers anime ended, i couldnt get my hands on anything.

is there any fanscan group scanzlating the manga to english?

and whats this about baki's brother? is he a fighter too?

more spoilers please!

whatever123
2004-02-24, 13:02
geez!

i had no idea anything existed after the second season tourney! i wish this manga were licenced so i could by it in america. the same thing happend when get backers anime ended, i couldnt get my hands on anything.

is there any fanscan group scanzlating the manga to english?

and whats this about baki's brother? is he a fighter too?

more spoilers please!

the manga is licensed by raijin comic it isnt released in books its released as chapter in their serial magazine

baki's brother is the fighter in the tournament named jack hammer (the guy with the steroids) his real name is jack hamba

any more questions regarding the T.V series?

eVERLAST
2004-02-24, 20:58
i've just read the manga of baki grappler2 #20 ,it says there will be 1 tournament held in china every 100 years,there will be 16 guys participating on it.yujiro hanma is taking part on it!!!!!damn,,,its about time we see this guy fight after season 2,, theres 1 guy who is previous winner of that china tournament 100 yrs ago,,,hes 140 yrs old right now is taking part ,,i wonder how he would fare against yujiro hanma.Baki who is now severely poisoned is taking part on the tournament.

Karze
2004-02-26, 20:34
its great to hear this story is still kicking it but i just dont have any hope after so many year waiting, that they are going to continue this anime. this are just my thoughts, its a great series and all but how old has it got before they start doing something new while all the players are doing other recent and good animes!?! :confused:

a_nevels666
2004-02-26, 20:46
its great to hear this story is still kicking it but i just dont have any hope after so many year waiting, that they are going to continue this anime. this are just my thoughts, its a great series and all but how old has it got before they start doing something new while all the players are doing other recent and good animes!?! :confused:

I have fairly good hope for a continuation, it hasn't been that long. Grappler Baki 2 ended in 2002.

Does anyone know which volumes of the manga season 1 and season 2 cover?

And voice actors can do several shows. I mean, take the seiyuu for Yujiro for example, it's not like he'll have a full time job doing the 3 lines for Gai he gets in each Naruto episode.

eVERLAST
2004-02-28, 02:35
I have fairly good hope for a continuation, it hasn't been that long. Grappler Baki 2 ended in 2002.

Does anyone know which volumes of the manga season 1 and season 2 cover?

And voice actors can do several shows. I mean, take the seiyuu for Yujiro for example, it's not like he'll have a full time job doing the 3 lines for Gai he gets in each Naruto episode.

season 1 covered #01- #42 of the manga

a_nevels666
2004-02-28, 04:52
season 1 covered #01- #42 of the manga

That's chapters I guess? How many chapters per volume does it have?

eVERLAST
2004-02-29, 08:40
That's chapters I guess? How many chapters per volume does it have?
nope thats volume,,there are 42 books for season one

a_nevels666
2004-02-29, 10:00

Wow. That seems way, way too much to be covered by a 24 episode series.

whatever123
2004-02-29, 19:17

damn how many volumes are there and did it end in japan

i feel sorry for the ppl who read 1 chapter each week

eVERLAST
2004-02-29, 20:29
damn how many volumes are there and did it end in japan

i feel sorry for the ppl who read 1 chapter each week

there are 42 volumes for season one , its still going strong for season two at volumes 20

yopej29
2004-03-02, 08:31
hi guys do you know a website where i can get torrent links for baki the grappler II, thanks

xris
2004-03-02, 08:53
hi guys do you know a website where i can get torrent links for baki the grappler II, thanks

Welcome to the forums yopej29, but please step back and take a look around before you start posting....

These forums are part of the AnimeSuki (http://www.animesuki.com/) site. One of the functions of AnimeSuki is to provide a one-stop site where you can find links to unlicensed anime.

If you look at the main page (http://www.animesuki.com/), you will see we list fansubs available via BitTorrent. If you look under Series (http://www.animesuki.com/series.php) you will see lots of anime series listed. One of them is Grappler Baki II (http://www.animesuki.com/series.php/215.html). Here you will find links to torrents.

Back to this forum. Please have a read of the forum rules (http://forums.animesuki.com/announcement.php?f=10). You will find that we request people...
Do not ask for or post links to licensed anime or manga
Do not crosspost (post the same message in more than one forum)

I have deleted your other two posts you have just made, since they break these rules. Hajime no Ippo has been licensed, so you may not request it here in these forums.If you're not sure what 'licensed' implies, then please read about it here, Licensed Anime (http://www.animesuki.com/doc.php/licensed/).

Also, this thread is for the discussion of Grappler Baki and the Fansub forum is for discussing anime series currently available as fansubs. If you wish to post, please make sure it's in an appropriate forum or in an appropriate thread (which is not the case with the three posts you've just made).

Jn183
2004-03-03, 02:55
This is a great show can't wait for thehawks and Miyuki to finish it up. especially thehawks subbing ep 23 since that is the ep where Yujiro going to go Berserk. I guess I will be looking for the manga since it seem the rumor from thehawks forums of season 3 being air in Japs is false.

a_nevels666
2004-03-09, 14:45
This is a great show can't wait for thehawks and Miyuki to finish it up. especially thehawks subbing ep 23 since that is the ep where Yujiro going to go Berserk. I guess I will be looking for the manga since it seem the rumor from thehawks forums of season 3 being air in Japs is false.

Episode 23 is out and it was great!

Some small episode 23 spoilers:
I would have liked it if the fight between Yujiro and Doppo was a little longer, but it was still good. I thought Baki's motivation to go berserk against Kureha was a bit Deus Ex Machina, but it should make for a good fight. This episode had great animation, way better than the second season. (well, better art anyway.)

I'm looking forward to episode 24.

i luv Kare Kano
2004-03-26, 20:04
i just saw this anime, and suprisingly, i REALLY like it. Well actually, i didnt really like the first couple episodes, i thought it was pretty boring and stupid. I mean, he was wat? like 13 and he was the best. wtf! If they started the series with how Baki became so strong, it wouldve been better. For example, hajime no ippo was great because it shows the process of him training and what techniques he had to improve on.
But after 15 episodes or so, i thought Grappler Baki became really good. And the drawing improved too.
I hope the Hawks finish up episode 24 soon, i dont wanna watch the second season without finishing this first. I know the subbers are busy n all, but cmon, just ONE more episode and this'll be finished. SO PLEASE FINISH THIS SOON!!! lolz

JOJOS'STAR
2004-03-27, 04:26

I just found this : [HongFire.com][Seed]Grappler Baki II 16-24.
Its subbed alright but maybe you'll prefer to wait for Miyuki fansub's release.
Lost the link though, I'll update when I find it.

Edit1:
here it is: http://www.anime.mircx.com/download/b4da1a55064f526cb0430f5db674b8eb68dfb59e

Edit2: err just finished watching Baki 2 episode 24. Well I have to say this sub is real crap. Some quote doesn't even make sense...but if you're as deep into Baki as I am I suggest you watch it. You'll understand the story and most of the essential things, its not THAT bad. I just thought I should warn you guys before you decide to watch it now instead of waiting for Miyuki's sub.

bloodlust
2004-03-27, 12:39
Does anyone know if ep 24 of grapler baki is the last episode. Does it then come in with grappler baki 2. can someone please help me out here

Superchop
2004-03-27, 12:53
Yes, Grappler Baki was split into 2 seasons...and each one has 24 eps..for a total of 48...

a_nevels666
2004-03-29, 09:18
I just found this : [HongFire.com][Seed]Grappler Baki II 16-24.
Its subbed alright but maybe you'll prefer to wait for Miyuki fansub's release.
Lost the link though, I'll update when I find it.

Edit1:
here it is: http://www.anime.mircx.com/download/b4da1a55064f526cb0430f5db674b8eb68dfb59e

Edit2: err just finished watching Baki 2 episode 24. Well I have to say this sub is real crap. Some quote doesn't even make sense...but if you're as deep into Baki as I am I suggest you watch it. You'll understand the story and most of the essential things, its not THAT bad. I just thought I should warn you guys before you decide to watch it now instead of waiting for Miyuki's sub.

I'm pretty sure those are Hong Kong DVD rips. (which means: terrible engrish)

Miyuki fansubs version isn't flawless either, but still pretty good.

I just watched Grappler Baki episode 24 (of season 1) by The Hawks and it was a good fight/episode. On to the second series. (I've already seen most of Miyuki-fansubs GB2 episodes...although I sort of skipped through some of them because I wanted to finish season 1 first.)

ichido reichan mentioned a TV special about Yujiro, I'd love to see that fansubbed some day...

P.s.

What happened in episode 16-24 of season 2 anyway? Could you give me summary? (Use spoiler tags where necessary.)

Jn183
2004-03-29, 09:58
Finally finish watching season 1 and I have to say the last 2 eps was worth the wait. It's good that Baki and Yujiro didn't fight and also Yujiro acknowledging Baki growth. Now, I just have to wait for Miyuki-fansub to come out with eps 16. That one going to a wicked eps. since two really strong fighter going at it.

JOJOS'STAR
2004-03-29, 14:52
Jn183 Well first of all they didn't fight because Baki was waaaaaaaay too week to even bother Yujiro.

a_nevels666

Okay well first of all Baki 16 starts with the Garland(the big russian) VS Jack Hammer fight. Garland goes way down. 17 is Doppo vs Shibukawa (the old man) Doppo goes down (yea he does:P) Ouga (Yujiro) releases himself from that place they locked him up. 18 Baki was qualified for semi-final. His match starts against Kong-fuu master Retsu Kaiou that starts unleashing Baki's "Ouga hidden power" by using his great power on Baki. Kaiou goes down Baki passes to final. 19 Semi-Final fights. Shibukawa vs Jack Hammer. Shibukawa goes down. 20 Final fight Baki vs Hammer that is revealed to be Jack Hanma not Hammer; Baki's half brother 21 Baki vs Jack fight start. Also Ouga's story in Vietnam starts as well. 22 Baki vs Jack fight continues. 23 fight continues again :P Baki wins at the end. Oh yeah at the end Baki's "Ouga hidden power" (Demon Back) is totaly unleashed ^.^ how he defeated Jack. Ouga Yujiro / Jack clash. 24 again Ouga's story in Viet-Nam "How he defeated the U.S. Thats it ^^

BTW those few episodes are realy a must they're my favourite as for the fights, story and animation. (The end is great but it doesn't finish)

a_nevels666
2004-03-30, 19:28
Jn183 Well first of all they didn't fight because Baki was waaaaaaaay too week to even bother Yujiro.

a_nevels666

Okay well first of all Baki 16 starts with the Garland(the big russian) VS Jack Hammer fight. Garland goes way down. 17 is Doppo vs Shibukawa (the old man) Doppo goes down (yea he does:P) Ouga (Yujiro) releases himself from that place they locked him up. 18 Baki was qualified for semi-final. His match starts against Kong-fuu master Retsu Kaiou that starts unleashing Baki's "Ouga hidden power" by using his great power on Baki. Kaiou goes down Baki passes to final. 19 Semi-Final fights. Shibukawa vs Jack Hammer. Shibukawa goes down. 20 Final fight Baki vs Hammer that is revealed to be Jack Hanma not Hammer; Baki's half brother 21 Baki vs Jack fight start. Also Ouga's story in Vietnam starts as well. 22 Baki vs Jack fight continues. 23 fight continues again :P Baki wins at the end. Oh yeah at the end Baki's "Ouga hidden power" (Demon Back) is totaly unleashed ^.^ how he defeated Jack. Ouga Yujiro / Jack clash. 24 again Ouga's story in Viet-Nam "How he defeated the U.S. Thats it ^^

BTW those few episodes are realy a must they're my favourite as for the fights, story and animation. (The end is great but it doesn't finish)

Thanks a lot. I really hope to see an anime continuation of Baki someday. (And the rest of Grappler baki 2 for that matter...) Because the manga is still running, it's not impossible.

whatever123
2004-03-31, 01:20
yeah i really hope to see another series since i heard that there was another tournament in china i hope to see more of yujiro

ace firefist
2004-05-01, 18:04
yeah i really hope to see another series since i heard that there was another tournament in china i hope to see more of yujiro

how mani volumes are out of the manga????

H2-FumoGuu
2004-05-02, 00:22
I hope they do an OAV or a movie using the good animation team (u know which team I talking about) because if I had only watched the well-animated episodes of the second season I would've liked it a lot more. A fight anime like this really needs good animation to be enjoyable.

Aside from that, as a mixed martial arts fan, I really hated how some fights in the second season played out because...
All these fighters can get their arms broken by submissinos and then fix their limbs on the spot, lift their opponent up while mounted, etc. but Jack Hanma can't escape from a simple guillotine choke?? Lame!!

a_nevels666
2004-05-02, 04:56
I hope they do an OAV or a movie using the good animation team (u know which team I talking about) because if I had only watched the well-animated episodes of the second season I would've liked it a lot more. A fight anime like this really needs good animation to be enjoyable.

Aside from that, as a mixed martial arts fan, I really hated how some fights in the second season played out because...
All these fighters can get their arms broken by submissinos and then fix their limbs on the spot, lift their opponent up while mounted, etc. but Jack Hanma can't escape from a simple guillotine choke?? Lame!!

I don't think they can fix broken bones, they just popped disjointed bones back into place...

Jn183
2004-05-25, 20:19
YAY..finally, I was able to finish watching season 2. And damn...it was very good but I felt as if it was rushed. All the fight seem to be rushed at the end. The flashback of Yujiro seem to be rushed also. After finish watching it, I felt more interested since it seem there are people that are way stronger than Yujiro. Like that uy who is living in US "penthouse" jail. Black arrow.

Ok..now I have to look for the manga since season 2 left me with the hunger to find out the true ending for Grappler baki.

ichido reichan
2004-05-26, 01:08
Ok..now I have to look for the manga since season 2 left me with the hunger to find out the true ending for Grappler baki.

BWHAHAHA!!!! welcome to the gang, dude, Im waiting for almost 2 years the "true ending" that is not even created yet, so dont starve until a miracle happen and we have an ending for Grappler Baki, but sincerely I dont think is happen anytime soon.

whatever123
2004-05-26, 10:31
not even news on a 3rd series

Mackan
2004-05-26, 13:14
Does anyone know were I can get a hold of these manga episodes of Grappler Baki?

Since the TV episodes never seam to be finished... :(

eVERLAST
2004-05-27, 06:44
YAY..finally, I was able to finish watching season 2. And damn...it was very good but I felt as if it was rushed. All the fight seem to be rushed at the end. The flashback of Yujiro seem to be rushed also. After finish watching it, I felt more interested since it seem there are people that are way stronger than Yujiro. Like that uy who is living in US "penthouse" jail. Black arrow.

NO, Yujiro is still the strongest creature in the world ,i have all the manga so i know

Tenken
2004-06-05, 22:16
Some people have said they have seen all of Grappler Baki II or read all the Manga of it?

Btw, I just finished downloading Grappler Baki II Ep 16 and can NOT get it to play. Any ideas?

a_nevels666
2004-06-06, 03:23
Some people have said they have seen all of Grappler Baki II or read all the Manga of it?

Btw, I just finished downloading Grappler Baki II Ep 16 and can NOT get it to play. Any ideas?

Use FFDshow and in the options set xvid decoder to 'libavcodec'.

lxs07
2007-01-27, 14:37
hey i just bought baki the grappler box set vol. 1 - 6 and the guy who sold it to me said it was uncut but i saw an episode where baki fights an ape that looked to me like it was edited. the scene im talking about is when some guy punches the ape and it bites onto his hand then im asuming tries to rip open the guys stomach. all you see though is a white shiny liquid that im asuming is supposed to be blood. my question is id it supposed to look like that or do i have an edited version?

xris
2007-01-27, 15:07
If you mean the Baki the Grappler: Box Set v.1-6 (http://www.amazon.com/Baki-Grappler-Box-Set-v-1-6/dp/B000EQ5UFU/sr=1-2/qid=1169928113/ref=pd_bbs_sr_2/104-6917887-4569525?ie=UTF8&s=dvd) just released this week, then it's supposed to be uncut. More likely means the original was like that.

roriconfan
2010-10-31, 15:41
REVIEW

This review includes both seasons of this title. There aren’t that many differences to begin with.

If you have watched a few shounen series, you probably have noticed how most of them are always about hyperactive 8 to 12 year old boys training endlessly in order to become the best in the world in a specific field. Well guess what; this anime is exactly that too. The catch is, it bends around the formula and creates an atmosphere most of its counterparts really lack.

1) Dirty fighting
In almost every fighting shounen out there, the opponents never hit at a nasty spot or never use cheap moves. Scratching the eyes, biting the ears, kicking in the nuts and so on are no-no even if there are no referees around or no honor in defeating the other guy fairly. And that usually applies to the villains too, even if they are merciless killers.
Heck, I was never a brute myself yet in the unavoidable brawls during high school with several bullies, I was winning most of the times by pulling the hair of the ass I was fighting and sticking my thump in his eye socket. It was quite painful but the same bully never tried to mess with me a second time because of it ever again.
Well, Baki actually shows all that for a change and it makes the whole deal a lot more enjoyable, if not realistic.

2) No blabbering
A more painful element in most shounen is also how the opponents keep talking and talking and talking during their fights instead of … you know; fighting. That effectively makes a normal 25 minute episode to have around 3 minutes of actual fighting.
I was never discussing my morals with my opponents during high school. I was never chatting during fights, never tried to make them see the error of their ways and never did I manage to convince them of my superiority by telling them the story of my life. I was just … brawling. Because I wasn’t a zen master, a karate gran metre, or a pacifist saint. I was a normal teenager with skyrocketing hormones and full of unnecessary anger.
Well, Baki is like that too. The opponents don’t lose much time in chatting about the weather. The just kick the shit of each other right away. Marvelous.

As long as you can fancy the above two elements, then this show is for you. If not, stop caring right now because that is all you will get out of this. For you see, there is nothing of interest in it besides the dirty action and the mute fighters during fights.

STORY SECTION: 4
The story is way too simple and linear to care about much. It’s just muscular guys training and fighting each other just to see who is better. Although each one has a different reason for fighting (money, fame, revenge) it all comes down to who is the biggest badass on the block.
The setting DOES change eventually, from street fighting, to underground tournament, to a war zone, which makes sense in the upscale of things, as the lead keeps growing more powerful. And all the training and fighting he does really show how he is slowly learning and improving.
But besides all that, it’s all too simple. No plot twists, no character development other than having the defeated opponents becoming friends with the lead… Which is a major cliché of shounen by itself. Weird how they never messed with this one. I sure never became friends with any of the asses I almost gushed their eyes out. Heck, we never greet each other when we meet on the street today.
And of course it also hurts how the story is left unfinished. The lead doesn’t defeat his father (the strongest guy around) and thus never becomes the best in the world.

CHARACTER SECTION: 6
The characters are somewhat interesting for the dirty way they fight and the fact their muscles are usually bigger than a bull on steroids, but other than that they are not memorable for any given reason. All of them follow the usual archetypes and none gets such a focus on his personal life in a way that makes him stand out from any other series around fighting.

ANIMATION SECTION: 7
Animation is good in its action but otherwise doesn’t excel in atmosphere. The characters look cool with all their muscles and the choreography during fights has an internal logic that half the times follows the principles or actual martial arts.
Other than that, the character look… weird. Not mainstream and in a way ugly. Which is not a bad thing by itself yet it may alienate you at points. I don’t say I prefer those gay bijins that have overrun the recent shows but just pointing out how the mangaka draws faces and animals … weird. That’s all.
Plus I keep telling you how brutal the battles are but down to it they are not bloody brutal most of the times. You’d thing a normal guy’s scull would crack with all the power these guys have yet all you see most of the times is a little blood or a bruise. It is messy but not THAT messy.

SOUND SECTION: 6
Sound is… just nice. Most songs are pop sang by a woman, which feels rather off in a series around machoness. And the dialogues are cool but hardly go beyond “I want to get stronger” and some very undermined slice of life aspects around a person’s life.

VALUE SECTION: 4, ENJOYMENT SECTION: 8
This anime is not bad. It looks better than most shounen in terms of action but it’s also average to poor in everything else. It is very enjoyable while watching it and great if you fancy action anime. But the chances of rewatching it drop significantly since there isn’t anything in it besides the fights, the characters are rather forgettable, and the ending is incomplete.
Heck, there hardly is anything in it worth talking about. Most shounen are full of side stories and weird magic superpowers people talk about for years. Here, there really isn’t anything to talk about, which unfortunately places this anime in the not-all time classics category.

Average: 5.8/10