PDA

View Full Version : Regios - Episode 14 Discussion / Poll

Skyfall
2009-04-11, 07:12
Welcome to the discussion thread for Regios, Episode 14.

Thread Guidelines
Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
Spoilers about future events must not be posted in this thread.
If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message (http://forums.animesuki.com/faq.php?faq=vb_board_usage#faq_vb_pm_explain).
Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
Be polite to your fellow forum members.
Please try to keep the discussion on topic.

Spoiler Policy

Any spoiler that reveals future events, even under a spoiler tag, will be deleted.
Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
Adding a Spoiler tag:

spoiler.gif
Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
Make sure that you include a title for the spoiler!
Please use the Report button if you see any spoilers:

report.gif
Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
to locate and deal with problems quickly.
Posting prohibited spoilers may result in a ban.
Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.

TrueKnight
2009-04-11, 07:35
Repost again, to add the excitement,

Mad baldy,

http://anime.webnt.jp/regios/1400010687.jpg Curly girl,

http://anime.webnt.jp/regios/1400013415.jpg http://anime.webnt.jp/regios/1400014350.jpg http://anime.webnt.jp/regios/1400014172.jpg http://anime.webnt.jp/regios/1400013988.jpg http://anime.webnt.jp/regios/1400016074.jpg http://anime.webnt.jp/regios/1400014295.jpg

Our guy kicking ass,

http://anime.webnt.jp/regios/1400025481.jpg http://anime.webnt.jp/regios/1400024340.jpg http://anime.webnt.jp/regios/1400025538.jpg http://anime.webnt.jp/regios/1400024569.jpg

It's still not enough, he wants to kick more,

http://anime.webnt.jp/regios/1400038128.jpg http://anime.webnt.jp/regios/1400037622.jpg http://anime.webnt.jp/regios/1400038655.jpg http://anime.webnt.jp/regios/1400038757.jpg

Sad future events?

http://anime.webnt.jp/regios/1400015962.jpg

I demand action. Maybe some of Felli and Nina....or maybe Mei and Naruki development.

monir
2009-04-11, 07:42
Question to TrueKnight:

Is Layfon's Dite a katana when he is fighting Din and Haia?

Can't wait to see the episode.

TrueKnight
2009-04-11, 07:54
Is Layfon's Dite a katana when he is fighting Din and Haia? In my opinion? No. It's color is blue and the katana dite is supposed to be gray colored. Maybe he'll be getting the stuff from Harley or any other guy/source and use them against Haia later....or maybe not. Either way Layfon using the Saiha style in episode 14 it's already a given along with his mad Pysharden skillz.

Yea can't wait till next ep also but on side note the lack of Basara ep 2 subbed is killing my soul....

monir
2009-04-11, 08:00
I see. I suppose that might be indicative of the fact that there are stronger enemies lay await for Layfon in the future where he will need to showcase all of his skill.

Off-topic:

on side note the lack of Basara ep 2 subbed is killing my soul....
lol.. :D Just give in and watch the RAW. The need to understand the dialogue isn't really that important in my humble opinion just because dialogues aren't necessary to feel the GAR and to bask in it's magnanimous glory. :D

zibi88
2009-04-11, 09:07
I think that Layfon will use normal blue/green dite to fight with Haia.... since he doesnt need to use katana to defeat him ^^ Layfon is powerfull enought to defeat him with that weak stick :P (like Haia mentioned layfon could kill someone with just a needle XD )

Maybe this way layfon will show Haia that he is weak and no wonder that queen didnt accepted him as HB since he lost to someone who was useing just a stick :P and not a katana ^^

anyway new ep of regios mostly is going to be aired in 2h >__<

Renegade334
2009-04-11, 10:30
*Yawns*

Jesus, I keep falling asleep in the middle afternoons these days...looks like I picked another bad habit I will most probably not be able to easily shake off...

'Nyways...

~LINK REMOVED DUE TO STILLBORN THREAD~

zibi88
2009-04-11, 11:13
I'm kinda pissed since jap people dont post pictures on that link and regios is currently airing !! 0pictures and 13minutes passed...

Renegade334
2009-04-11, 11:23
Well, either something's wrong or I forgot to put DST into consideration and effed-up mightily. What is weirder is that no AC caps were posted either...

Someone needs to check KeyholeTV or some other client to see if the episodes were actually broadcast or if something else took precedence over those two shows, such as a special news flash or the like.

panpo98
2009-04-11, 11:30
It was broadcasted and just ended seconds ago.

Miles Teg
2009-04-11, 11:30
The episode has just finish airing :heh:

Layfon was using is normal Dite ;)

Layfon has one hit ko-ed Haia, breaking Haia Dite at the same time.

TrueKnight
2009-04-11, 11:42
No pics. This is just blasphemy. Damn those 2ch-ers. Maybe they don't like gaijins lurking and also enjoying all their funs?

panpo98
2009-04-11, 11:42
The episode has just finish airing :heh:

Layfon was using is normal Dite ;)

Layfon has one hit ko-ed Haia, breaking Haia Dite at the same time.

Classic dueling. No kei superman power I think. Just who has the superior skills. Although I did miss part of "Layfon Vs Haia" but I did see the end of that exchange (I had to get some food). Satisfaction

Renegade334
2009-04-11, 11:44
Well, since the 2channers failed us, the link no longer has a reason to exist. Consequently, I'll shred it at once and hope this scenario won't repeat itself next week.

TrueKnight
2009-04-11, 11:45
I assume you guys watching on live-stream? Damn I should've done the same.....

Classic dueling. No kei superman power. Just who has the superior skills. Although I did miss parts of Layfon Vs Haia then I had to get some food.

l33t. Need raws.

physics223
2009-04-11, 11:56
I don't think any human could stop Layfon. He just has that combination of sheer power and youth. I think what will ultimately give him a hard time will be really mature Filth Monsters. You see that the only time he ever really struggles in the series is against them.

zibi88
2009-04-11, 11:59
btw can someone tell what happened with that golden goat ?? got captured, escaped or entered someone else XD

panpo98
2009-04-11, 12:00
I assume you guys watching on live-stream? Damn I should've done the same.....

l33t. Need raws.
Yeap, did just like Renegade334 told me to above my first post. To bad I missed part of it after the commercial then I had to get some food.

The mercenaries obviously got themselves involved in the platoon match and the president was there to so I assume the mercenaries had his permission to get involved.

I really need to rewatch this and see what actually happened in detail.

Edit:
btw can someone tell what happened with that golden goat ?? got captured, escaped or entered someone else XD
It fade/disappeared after the girl made a long speech to her friend. Not sure what was said (I was distracted to with food).

Edit:
I don't think any human could stop Layfon. He just has that combination of sheer power and youth. I think what will ultimately give him a hard time will be really mature Filth Monsters. You see that the only time he ever really struggles in the series is against them.
Are you sure? Felli is having Layfon grab his own leg in fear. Some of the girls can take him and make him surrender easy if the do it the right way ;)

TrueKnight
2009-04-11, 12:37
I think what will ultimately give him a hard time will be really mature Filth Monsters. You see that the only time he ever really struggles in the series is against them.

Also maybe bunch of other Heaven Bladers, and his ladies like panpo98 said. Particularly Felli who manage to conquer him completely. Now to wait for a decent raw to appear. I need to see Fon-fon’s crazy skills with my own eyez.

SageGaiGar
2009-04-11, 13:26
I sure picked the right time not to be able to 2ch run and archive everything. XD

Guess it'll take a bit for the raws to come out.

zibi88
2009-04-11, 14:17
Just watched the episode well it wasnt bad cant wait for subs since I dont get it all from Leerin's and Queens talk, Layfon's fight was nice too but short ;/ later lots of talk..... (anyway we see layfons psyharden skills [needles and that sparing with haia I tihnk it was fast movement looked nice but ultra short 1-2sec :P] )

heh afer that spareing I understand what the queen didnt wanted to take Haia as HB ^^ he was soo weak 1layfon's attack with that weak blue-sword and 1hit KO >__< cant imagine what would happen to Haia if Layfon was useing katana that he was orginaly trained for XD (I goes he would cut heia into pices like butter)

and yep in Zerenii there is noone that has a slighest chance against Layfon XD he doesnt even need weapon to defeat those students..... I goes only monsters left that have a chance against layfon :P at least mature ones ^^

next episode doesnt look much of interesting.... about meishen,mifi and nanaki based (they mostly are trying to learn about layfons grendan past or something) and I kinda feel that leerin might decide to come to Zerenii in ep16 or 17 (she is mostly not sure yet if to go....it's damn obvious that she misses him sooo much and she wants to see him.... now Leerin is all gloomy and sad so I goes queen will push her a little to decide to go and see Layfon and cheer up a bit...snce seriously Leerin is depressed now and maybe worried about layfon [dont know])

giorno
2009-04-11, 17:03
nice episode, though i was hoping for more action...was actually hoping that reifon and haia's fight would be more than a simple single-bout, but oh well.....and i guess that's it for din

also @zibi, did haia actually ever even gave a damn about being an HB and the queen refused him? o_O

zibi88
2009-04-11, 17:14
Well he came to Zerenii in order to fight Layfon and see his own skill.....and I think that haia wants the godlen goat in order to gain more power and thx to that he would have enought power to become HB.... at least that what he throught (I think it could be this way^^)

Anyway good to see that layfon showed him the difference in skill :P crapy green-sword from academy city vs. katana from grendan ^^.... if Layfon was useing a katana Haia would be dead already yet this sword made huge dmg but it wont kill him.....

and where was Gorneo..... he had to be there and fight capture the golden goat as a member of his clan.... he mostly made an argument with Gorneo in teamwork yet there is no sign of him ;P

giorno
2009-04-11, 18:08
no, he didn't come to zuelni to fight layfon, he went to capture the haikizoku, layfon being there was pure "luck"...and he didn't seem like he cared much about HB, seems to be more of a grudge about the psyharden bloodline...and duh, it's not like haia's dite's an hb, i wouldn't say layfon's dite is crap while haia was great...more like, they were both normal dites, only layfon has got such a ridicolous amount of kei that a normal dite would get busted fast if he uses too strong kei on it...and well, haia DID manage to hit him in return...only if was only a little scar on the cheek, but considering layfon is pretty much a superhuman while haia is "only just human" that's not bad...

physics223
2009-04-11, 18:26
I think Felli will know of Layfon's true 'power' ... in bed. :P

I didn't mean it like that. If Layfon decided to get serious Felli won't even kick him anymore; she'll just act subservient to him, if you know what I mean. :D

Wargumm1i
2009-04-11, 18:27
So in the end nobody got the Goat it just left?

physics223
2009-04-11, 19:00
BTW, what do you call Felli? She isn't a tsundere, because she doesn't forcibly hide her emotions; and neither is she emotionless.

Should we just call her Fellidere?

cnnydz
2009-04-11, 19:09
heh afer that spareing I understand what the queen didnt wanted to take Haia as HB ^^ he was soo weak 1layfon's attack with that weak blue-sword and 1hit KO >__< cant imagine what would happen to Haia if Layfon was useing katana that he was orginaly trained for XD (I goes he would cut heia into pices like butter)

Haia's skill is on par with the HBs, but his kei is not strong enough, but of course layfon is stronger.

Archmagination2002
2009-04-11, 19:17
FYI, Baka-Tsuki has begun Chrome Shelled Regios translation. Not sure where to post this info, so I decided here would be a good spot.

Hope
2009-04-11, 20:12
Awesome, can you post a link? or if I simply google Baka Tsuki, will I find it?

Bonta Kun
2009-04-11, 20:14
lol you know when ones a true badass when one jumps into the fray and mega pwnzor with a GAR RAWR! and without even his weapon drawn:D

next ep looks like fun, potato peeler ftw!!!:heh:

encia
2009-04-11, 20:14
I think Felli will know of Layfon's true 'power' ... in bed. :P

I didn't mean it like that. If Layfon decided to get serious Felli won't even kick him anymore; she'll just act subservient to him, if you know what I mean. :D

Layfon's weakspot is beautiful girls/women.

Xellos-_^
2009-04-11, 20:17
Haia's skill is on par with the HBs, but his kei is not strong enough, but of course layfon is stronger.

that still doesn't change the fact that he is WEAK

TrueKnight
2009-04-11, 20:19
Shit, no decent raw yet. Anyway review at Seiha is up,

http://blog.seiha.org/2009/04/chrome-shelled-regios-14-shaina-of-the-drill-hair/

Archmagination2002
2009-04-11, 20:57
Awesome, can you post a link? or if I simply google Baka Tsuki, will I find it?

Not sure if this is allowed, but here. (http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/index.php?title=Chrome_Shelled_Regios)

AvianWing
2009-04-11, 21:04
14 episodes in.

Layfon needs to stop destroying everyone, as it is getting to be quite a snooze-fest.

Bonta Kun
2009-04-11, 21:31
14 episodes in.

Layfon needs to stop destroying everyone, as it is getting to be quite a snooze-fest.

actually I'm quite likely the fact Fon-Fon is mega pwnzoring at every corner. I'm a little bored of the "lead getting his ass handed to him then goes all emo for abit then powerups/gets a grip then goes back to try his luck again" scenario;)

its good to know that someone with power actually knows how to use and we don't have to go through all that training crap.

I know a lose here or there is nice break from what would be the "norm" here but I like the fact that this is slighty different from the "norm" out there.

TrueKnight
2009-04-11, 21:37
Raws out at the usual place.

*leech*

EDIT: 'kay finished watching it. Lots of talk as stated earlier and I can understand why some looking for food while watching because it happens to me also, but nevertheless good hefty of kickass action scene: Sharnid is badass with gun-kata, Leering complaining wanting Layfon to come back to Grendan yadayada, Haikozuko revelation on how Layfon was just simply too badass and hardcore so it couldn't posses him so it went after Din instead, and finally Layfon being too overpowered and one-hit KO'ed everything.

Preview: Mifi and Naruki with Mei in lala land imagining her and Layfon being in a di caprio Titanic-romantic situation, and Nina and Felli fighting over who gets to cook with Layfon? lol.

Hage-bai
2009-04-12, 00:13
actually I'm quite likely the fact Fon-Fon is mega pwnzoring at every corner. I'm a little bored of the "lead getting his ass handed to him then goes all emo for abit then powerups/gets a grip then goes back to try his luck again" scenario;)

its good to know that someone with power actually knows how to use and we don't have to go through all that training crap.

I know a lose here or there is nice break from what would be the "norm" here but I like the fact that this is slighty different from the "norm" out there.

I completely agree. Gotta love people who own.

solembum
2009-04-12, 02:44
cool finally I can get to see the raws. fell asleep waiting last night ><..

hmmm...if you guys take a look at true knight's sig you can think of a nice dialogue between the 5 of them right? i.e:

meishen: oh no, they're going to eat my lay-ton.:upset:

nina: come to mama.

Leerin: kyaaa!! layfon you're so popular!!

Felli: fonfon, ...... (whereas ....... = "something is gonna be broken later")

Hope
2009-04-12, 03:40
Not sure if this is allowed, but here. (http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/index.php?title=Chrome_Shelled_Regios)

Thanx a lot.:)

black_cat1
2009-04-12, 05:54
Haia, so weak... just one hit and he down like fly 8-}

Was the yellow hair girl in love with Din ?

TrueKnight
2009-04-12, 06:41
The curly girl is in love with Din. As for Haia being weak, I think it’s unfair because we’ve been using Layfon as a benchmark. Layfon’s like one of the top fighters in the CSR world gifted with super-kei abilities. Haia is the current head of the Salinvan Mercenary Gang who supposed to inherit the Psyharden bloodline, one of the deadliest sword techs around.

If we pit Haia against Gorneo, Nina, Shardnid or Dinn I’m pretty sure he would able to mope the floor on all of them. It’s a shame of all people Haia has to go against Layfon so we couldn’t see how l33t he is fighting.

Haia has the skills but not the power, while Layfon have both. >_> The only ones capable being on par, control or even better than Layfon are high class mature filth monsters, Heaven Blades and Felli.

Master Assassin
2009-04-12, 07:35
Haia has the skills but not the power, while Layfon have both. >_> The only ones capable being on par, control or even better than Layfon are high class mature filth monsters, Heaven Blades and Felli.

And why is Felli mentioned? Is it because she can force Layfon to submission just by kicking his leg using authority against him? LOL :D

black_cat1
2009-04-12, 07:46
Felli's kick, the most fearful final attack :D

Just take a look in chap one of Regios on Baka-Tsuki, well I dont know Japanese but I think the translator made some mistakes xD
“I’m Sharnid Elipton in fourth year. I’m a snapper.”

And knew some news
Grendan is where the military art was born.
Harley and Nina are childhood friends, their city had been destroyed by fiflth monsters and they moved to Zuellni

Von Himmel
2009-04-12, 09:13
Forgot to ask, but does the ED scene change, or is it still the same ?
Seems like Layfon's beating everyone in this episode ^^;

DavidLin
2009-04-12, 09:22
Layfon never loses.

zibi88
2009-04-12, 09:29
Forgot to ask, but does the ED scene change, or is it still the same ?
Seems like Layfon's beating everyone in this episode ^^;

sadly but its the same >__< I kinda liked the previous one since it was changeing at least the music and it was not constantly the same thing with each week.... (like now T__T ) in the new ending there is not even Leerin who is an important character too....

maybe the ending will change when Leerin will come to Zerenii.... since now it kinda looks like the city is waiting for her to come (last scene we see large sunny horizont... like it was watching for a bus or something to come)

Bonta Kun
2009-04-12, 11:10
And why is Felli mentioned? Is it because she can force Layfon to submission just by kicking his leg using authority against him? LOL :D

in a sense yea, its kinda like how ChiChi from DB is considered the most powerful women in the world cause she has Goku wrapped around her finger:D

While Felli may not have Fon-Fon wrapped around her finger, she has him on the backfoot whenever she wants, just enough to get him to do some/certain things for her whenever she wants:heh:

TrueKnight
2009-04-12, 12:11
And why is Felli mentioned? Well she’s the only person so far that we’ve seen be able to install fear on Layfon so that he always submit to her bidding….. In terms of scariness from Layfon’s pov she’s on par with mature filth monsters. >.>

zibi88
2009-04-12, 12:36
Well she’s the only person so far that we’ve seen be able to install fear on Layfon so that he always submit to her bidding….. In terms of scariness from Layfon’s pov she’s on par with mature filth monsters. >.>

Yeah right but Layfon doesnt want to kill Feli.... but when he sees a monster he goes berserker.... Layfon is a kinda guy who doesnt want to hurt girls so give him a break ^^

but looking on few picture pages of novels.... we see that Layfon is scared of pissed Leerin more than Felli XD so mostly she is even bigger boss than Felli (leerin survived with Layfon all those years so she has to be bossy and strong person around him :P she mostly had the power to make Layfon do house work and stuff and that is soemthing :P )

panpo98
2009-04-12, 14:55
zibi88: Doesn't change the result. No mater the excuse. Layfon would still lose against certain girls like Felli. He cant even say no then they act like that. This is a good thing. It would be boring if there was no way to defeat Layfon. He has his weaknesses just like Superman. The difference is Layfon's more entertaining.

Everone is waiting for Leerin.
To bad many of us cant read the novels (don't understand).

germanturkey
2009-04-12, 20:53
kind of a let down of an ep. i was expecting more fighting, but was still rather pleased with what i got. So i'm likening Fonfon to Kenshin. he could just wreak everyone he faces, but decides not to. he even uses a sword without a sharp edge!

I'm beginning to wonder if this show is the type to kill off characters... cause now would be about the time it starts happening. though it seems like next ep is a lighthearted one. (with more Naruki!!)

TrueKnight
2009-04-12, 22:30
Sub is out by Ayako, yeehaw. Get get. Thx Ayako for the sheer speedy release even sooner than Valkyria. :D

aliasxn
2009-04-12, 23:01
Hmm... Now that I know the story, the whole feud seemed pretty stupid to me. I thought it was some nasty love triangle or something, but... Well... Actually, I didn't get any of that. I'll watch it again, maybe I missed something. :confused:

TrueKnight
2009-04-13, 00:01
Hey fellas you know why the official site is currently uploading a Haruhi pic?

http://anime.webnt.jp/regios/

black_cat1
2009-04-13, 00:24
The former captain of squad 10 was a girl, why do Ayako use "he" ? 8-}

I dont understand the meaning of Squad 10's story. Why did Sharnid leave squad 10?

demonfang
2009-04-13, 00:53
Hey fellas you know why the official site is currently uploading a Haruhi pic?

http://anime.webnt.jp/regios/

It's site maintenance.

BTW where were the other japanese sites to find preview pics for the next episode?

Eurys
2009-04-13, 01:22
I dont understand the meaning of Squad 10's story. Why did Sharnid leave squad 10?

Same, for such an exposition heavy episode, I was pretty disappointed...
Characters keep talking and yet, their words seem so vague. I still don't get why Sharnid's and Din's friendship was already broken, why the vow was empty and how Siena/shiena makes Din come back by admitting she doesn't love him anymore.
It's just all weird.
Oh and yeah, now Layfon pwning left and right is getting old in my opinion. Needs more bugs.

Still, I now wonder which city's spirit is in Leerin now. And she can't just be possessed, since she's not driven by the will to protect etc. Meh, I wish they gave her a little more screentime.

thundrakkon
2009-04-13, 01:32
Ok, this episode seemed like there were a lot of holes in it. First off, how the heck did Din go off on his own in the middle of the forest at the end? He was chained up but a few mercs and was about to be taken back to Grendan, when all of a sudden, he is alone in the forest.

Secondly, as previously mentioned by aliasxn and black_cat1, the whole feud thing did not make sense. From the gist of it, it looked like Sharnid did not truly believe that those 3 were the only ones who needed to protect the city. He left because, 1) he was jealous that Siena likes Din, and 2) that he knew Din was using drugs and did not want to be a part of it.

Din looks like he is done from the series, considering Siena said good bye to him.

For ending credits, Felli is the predominant character to be shown, so I guess she will be the heroine in this series.

As for previews, it looks like Meishin has the lead on everyone in the romance department. She is the only one so far to go on a date with him, and then looks like she will sleep with her head on his chest the next episode.

why the vow was empty and how Siena/shiena makes Din come back by admitting she doesn't love him anymore.

Siena convinced Din that he did not need to carry the burden of protecting the city. Other people will be able to pick up the slack.

Now the part that got me was that Sharnid telling Siena that they were not taking the "protect" the city part seriously, yet next thing we know, Din is possessed because of his strong desire to protect the city. I did not understand that part.

germanturkey
2009-04-13, 01:33
i thought it was a girl too, but it was actually a guy with long hair.

black_cat1
2009-04-13, 01:42
i thought it was a girl too, but it was actually a guy with long hair.
She is truly a girl, you know

http://i89.servimg.com/u/f89/12/19/95/73/untitl11.jpg

TrueKnight
2009-04-13, 01:47
Now the part that got me was that Sharnid telling Siena that they were not taking the "protect" the city part seriously, yet next thing we know, Din is possessed because of his strong desire to protect the city. I did not understand that part.

Din's protecting the city by using steroids. Maybe that's why Sharnid's shun it.

It's site maintenance.

BTW where were the other japanese sites to find preview pics for the next episode?

Thanks. Anyway there are three sites who supposed to keep update with regios aside from the official one, but when I check on them they don't have the latest update at all and some still stuck with ep 12 or before.

Anyway about Mei I think in the preview she's only dreaming in lala land in some craptastic soap opera.

necrosis6
2009-04-13, 02:11
Did anyone else notice that Sharnid put on earings like Din for this episode? I couldn't tell if Siena did or not. Her curly hair got in the way, anyone see if she was wearing them?

Vash002
2009-04-13, 02:15
Oh shi- Engrish this week got serious. Next week it's going to be something big, can't wait for Garfeat to boast again and kick more asses. Saya powers are kinda handy at moments like that.
About the episode, it was pretty confusing, they still need to explain what was about the vow and stuff, battles were good. And finally next episode will have more Meishen, oh yes.

Estaron
2009-04-13, 02:24
The former captain of squad 10 was a girl, why do Ayako use "he" ? 8-}

Oops my bad...
Yeah it was a 'she'
I automatically wrote a 'he' because she didn't speak XD

Master Assassin
2009-04-13, 02:41
Just take a look in chap one of Regios on Baka-Tsuki, well I dont know Japanese but I think the translator made some mistakes xD
“I’m Sharnid Elipton in fourth year. I’m a snapper.”

I've corrected it. Changed into "I'm Sharnid Elipton in fourth year. I'm a sniper."

Oops my bad...
Yeah it was a 'she'
I automatically wrote a 'he' because she didn't speak XD

... If I recalled right, there was one of these scenes the previous 10th's captain was seen with tears.

Anyone figured out why? I bet it has something to do with Sharnid pulling out from the 10th platoon.

.... All of a sudden a weird trigger awakens within me after I recalled sequences of the previous leader of the 10th platoon. o_o;;

ipernorris
2009-04-13, 02:43
She is truly a girl, you know

http://i89.servimg.com/u/f89/12/19/95/73/untitl11.jpg
It seems Ayako's translator is good with his hears, but not with his eyes... :heh:

iceyfw
2009-04-13, 02:51
this episode told me "ok we're going to pull a JC. we have to rush through sharnid's arc like crazy fast and make some things that make sense but not really so we can jam pack it into 1 episode that's supposed to be fighting and talking about the past real fast! don't worry people, it's not like sharnid is an important character amirite folks?"

/sigh /sigh /sigh.

Natsuki Hyuga
2009-04-13, 02:55
Thanks. Anyway there are three sites who supposed to keep update with regios aside from the official one, but when I check on them they don't have the latest update at all and some still stuck with ep 12 or before.

TAF, ASOBIT and other Regios Network sites seem not to promote Regios anymore considering their main job seems to promote the release of 3 Regios books on March. That's why they are a bit stuck on previous episodes :< I dunno the details, but it seems like they are not privileged to get infos from Regios Main site anymore thus the lack of preview pics.

Presepe, OTOH, specialize on News and archive for Interviews. It still has interview release up to now.

Anyway, new preview pics from Official Site:

http://anime.webnt.jp/regios/1500006973.jpg http://anime.webnt.jp/regios/1500007154.jpg

http://anime.webnt.jp/regios/1500007232.jpg http://anime.webnt.jp/regios/1500008713.jpg

http://anime.webnt.jp/regios/1500010509.jpg http://anime.webnt.jp/regios/1500010928.jpg 

http://anime.webnt.jp/regios/1500011203.jpg http://anime.webnt.jp/regios/1500012258.jpg

http://anime.webnt.jp/regios/1500012571.jpg http://anime.webnt.jp/regios/1500012966.jpg 

http://anime.webnt.jp/regios/1500014366.jpg http://anime.webnt.jp/regios/1500015127.jpg

http://anime.webnt.jp/regios/1500014761.jpg http://anime.webnt.jp/regios/1500014989.jpg
A fight in cutlery LOL! Jealous Nina and Felli ahead! XD

Chibi Galore and cracks AHOY! XD

*Runs off to do summary for neglected fandom*

TrueKnight
2009-04-13, 03:20
Oh shi. Pure win. Can't wait next ep.

evil-samurai
2009-04-13, 04:06
Let the fight begin :heh: Dammit another week to wait.

So we are getting the whole group going somewhere to have a training camp for the next inter-platoon match. Staying overnight?... cause from the pictures, it looks like Felli doesn't like her sleeping arrangements... :heh:

Go Felli! Though Unfortunately it looks like the episode might favour Mei.

boss
2009-04-13, 04:30
Looks like we're taking it easy next week, it's all good. :cool:

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a112/lantaka/sdninafelli.jpg

lol, i like how these two are staring at the peeler like that, and at the same time you can tell they are both determined to learn how to use it. :heh:
This is too cute, makes you want to pick them up and... HNNNGGGH! http://img232.imageshack.us/img232/8689/zomplode.gif

ipernorris
2009-04-13, 05:20
This is too cute, makes you want to pick them up and... HNNNGGGH!
Call the gold goat dude! :heh:

Von Himmel
2009-04-13, 05:45
Still downloading ep 14. Got school today and finally get a time to download it.

but....

damn.next.episode.looks.like.an.easy.epic.win ! D:
http://anime.webnt.jp/regios/1500007154.jpg <-- this and both Nina + Felli burning eyes pics = a must watch episode :x

Btw, is it going to be a filler episode ? o.O;

Master Assassin
2009-04-13, 06:13
Still downloading ep 14. Got school today and finally get a time to download it.

but....

damn.next.episode.looks.like.an.easy.epic.win ! D:
http://anime.webnt.jp/regios/1500007154.jpg <-- this and both Nina + Felli burning eyes pics = a must watch episode :x

Btw, is it going to be a filler episode ? o.O;

My sixth sense tells me that this is not a filler.

Because the picture where both Nina and Felli wants to have a grab at that peeler is available in a novel illustration, so I guess this is not a filler :O

black_cat1
2009-04-13, 07:15
Filler from novel, lol xD

Leerin, come or ur Layfon will be stolen by those girls =))

Tjaard
2009-04-13, 08:30
Well, some blank point for the Sharnid's story but a really good epi.
We can finally say goodbye to the bald Dinn and we see Haia's ass kicked by Layfon, yeah rival my ass, one hit one down, really really weak, probably he have good sword skill but good enough for a normal one, not surely to the HB lvl, and his kei is really poor so, a really arrogant brat that have his ass finally kicked, same for that stupid bow girl, one hit one down here too, really useless, the only thing that she know is aim her bow to someone, so sad :D
Now probably next epi is a break from the fight :D

Von Himmel
2009-04-13, 09:30
But Layfon is just too much #_# I mean, for someone like him. .
I wonder who is the inexperienced one here, xD;;

Just watched it a few minutes ago. Damn, I don't think I can say that the anime shows Sharnid's story well, but it's not that bad either. The problem is that they showed too quick and some parts are quite confusing. And Nina only got a few parts in here too ;_;

Oh well, at least they show Layfon's ability and his uberness :x 8/10 then :x

Filler from novel, lol xD

Leerin, come or ur Layfon will be stolen by those girls =))
I wonder what she'll do when she knows about this ^^;

zibi88
2009-04-13, 09:43
Heh on the preview or even pictures you can see how Meishen boobs are squezeing towards Layfon XD if Leerin saw that she would fo the same thing like Layfon did to Haia.... 1hit KO XD (power of jelous woman that loves the same man)

I readed on official page that this will be kinda like a light filler (I wonder if Leerin will be in it too... since when will she decide to go to Zerenii [what novel volume is about that...] ) and the action will return in ep16 (that drill haired blondie will join squad 17... city will get attacked by monsters again and layfon will again had to defend it while working with haia pmore man power)

mostly next ep15 will be more like relaxing episdoe before the action ^^

I wonder what she'll do when she knows about this ^^;

Mostly she would instantly decide "I'm going to Layfon's side !! " even the queen wouldnt have the power to stop her that time :P but dont worry she will come to Zereniii and she will meat ALL those girls :P she will mostly try to hold Layfon for herself while protection him from other girls ;]

Manji Midou
2009-04-13, 09:52
awesome ep...
l still can't believe siena likes dinn over sharnid....:(

lulz.... @ preview
Mei continues on having the most romantic moments with layfon, take that you deluded fellis fans!
l guess mei is guarding leerin's spot until she herself arrives.
jealous nina is cute while annoying jealous loli is annoying as always

Von Himmel
2009-04-13, 09:57
Eh, a question. .
What happened to Din after Haikizoku left ? is he dead ? And what does Siena meant by 'sayonara' and 'loved' ? does she means that she does not love him anymore ? #_# I can take guess, but I can't take it for certain for these kinds of things.

zibi88
2009-04-13, 10:21
Eh, a question. .
What happened to Din after Haikizoku left ? is he dead ? And what does Siena meant by 'sayonara' and 'loved' ? does she means that she does not love him anymore ? #_# I can take guess, but I can't take it for certain for these kinds of things.

I goes the squad10 is goint to be finaly disbounded.... so she sayed googbye to him... (maybe she loves Shanrid more now :P ) I assume that is true becouse on official page it was mentioned that she will join squad17 (at least I think that this will happen.... since it was very rought translation :P)

I wonder which volume covers next chapter.... that with that training camp ?? volume 3-4 ??? does anyone know ?

Deryns
2009-04-13, 11:18
I usually rate this series 8/10, however this episode got 9/10 for sheer surprise value. While the fights with Din and Haia were foregone conclusions as wins for Layfon I expected the Din issue to be resolved by Nina with an impassioned leader-to-leader responsibility speech about the evils of overload use. Also expected Siena to be brought around by the overused cliche of expressing her repressed feelings for Sharnid which didn't happen. Felli also impressed with her character depth. All-in-all one of the better episodes for me this season. Now if Siena joins the 17th all we need is a cool nickname for them that reflects their commitment to the city while invoking the emotional baggage most them are carrying and we'll be all set.;)

MrTerrorist
2009-04-13, 12:15
I give this a 9 for a very entertaining fight. Can't wait to see the battle between Chibi Nina and Chibi Felli. lol

Voitan
2009-04-13, 12:53
I can't wait to see what emotional rollercoaster Nina will show next episode.

I like this series so long as it balances fun/comedy and action together so long as it doesn't get stuck in Namek.

Xellos-_^
2009-04-13, 15:05
I goes the squad10 is goint to be finaly disbounded.... so she sayed googbye to him... (maybe she loves Shanrid more now :P ) I assume that is true becouse on official page it was mentioned that she will join squad17 (at least I think that this will happen.... since it was very rought translation :P)

I wonder which volume covers next chapter.... that with that training camp ?? volume 3-4 ??? does anyone know ?
that is pretty much implied by the Op.

SageGaiGar
2009-04-13, 16:02
that is pretty much implied by the Op.

Holy crap, a female member of 17 not possibly interested in Fon-fon? O_o.

We shall see.

Oh and less felli 'haet' please Midou. Truce aye?

-Sho-
2009-04-13, 18:35
Great episode as always .
The fight was good , but i expected more about Layfon x Haia . It was very quick .
Layfon kick his ass . Haia was in his full power or what ? He's the third chief in the mercenary something like that and was beaten quicly .
Or Layfon is too strong for him . So HB are very powerfull .

Next episode seems very good :) Lol Mei ^^

Bonta Kun
2009-04-13, 20:02
haha what I loved was how Haia says Fon-Fon is underestimating the battlefield but he's the one underestimating Fon-Fon:D

seems that since Fon-Fon was slapped with being a "former" HB everybody seems to think they can take him on, even tho the word "former" doesn't mean squat when slapped infront of the title Heavens Blade:heh:

yes yes I know it seems alot don't know how powerful a HB really are but even so Haia should have had a certain grasp of Fon-Fons power.

anyone got a clue on what the queen was on about about "No one can stop them"?

TrueKnight
2009-04-13, 20:28
^ the queen was referring to the Psyhardens. They're nomads who likes to kill and hunt Filth Monsters. Fonfon is one of them.

velvet nightmare
2009-04-13, 23:34
so the goat just flew away?

taelrak
2009-04-14, 00:03
The mercenary guy was just annoying though. I mean, he kept going on and on about completely irrelevant stuff, like how Fonfon was a "former" HB, and how fonfon doesn't use a katana to bring out his full potential and all... except it was pretty clear Fonfon wasn't kicked out of the HB due to lack of skill, and clearly he doesn't even need to use a katana to beat up the merc guy....

You'd think someone who ran off his mouth that much would at least have the skill to back it up....meh...I was expecting a lot more of him. What a disappointment.

Baldy was disappointing too...all those drugs and he didn't even get anywhere...

Besides, why was the President so willing to give up the goat anyway? Use it for himself. It's not like Grendan or the mercs will be able to do anything about it for quite a while.

necrosis6
2009-04-14, 00:18
While other people don't seem to know how powerful a HB is, Haia definitely should've known. So does that mean that Haia is just a battle hungry person who is insulted that Layfon wasn't taking him seriously?

taelrak
2009-04-14, 01:27
While other people don't seem to know how powerful a HB is, Haia definitely should've known. So does that mean that Haia is just a battle hungry person who is insulted that Layfon wasn't taking him seriously?

Probably just someone who has way too high an estimation of himself... and actually believed he could have won?

I'm not sure someone's really entitled to feel insulted that his opponent isn't taking him seriously when that opponent, in fact, doesn't need to take him seriously to win. That's the sort of luxury you have only when you are actually a challenge to the guy right?

black_cat1
2009-04-14, 01:54
Besides, why was the President so willing to give up the goat anyway? Use it for himself. It's not like Grendan or the mercs will be able to do anything about it for quite a while.
I think if he did that, Grendan would send a HB to take that goat xD

zibi88
2009-04-14, 01:56
Well Haia brought Layfon's wrath uppon himself after all..... he come with drug deelers and then he attacked Layfon so he deserved to be kicked....

And well Haia was kinda annoying and insulting on Layfon... since Layfon doesnt want to fight with katana yet Haia was allways babling why doesnt he use one...he should accept it and not each time they meed speak about the same issue...

Layfon mostly doesnt want to use sharp weapons while fighting with humans since he could cut someone into pices like he done with Gahard in Grendan..... and by cutting arm he was kicked out.... so if he done something similar he could get kicked out from zerenii too....

Anyway Layfon didnt needed any better weapon to 1KO Haia and I doubt he went full power there :P I hope that after this match Haia will gain brain and stop insulting Layfon with the former-HB and why not katana.... and he goes with more respect...

Von Himmel
2009-04-14, 05:45
Ah yeah, looking at that fact, Layfon is really like Kenshin. The fact that he won't use Katana could probably because he can't control his power yet. . . I mean, remember the time when the Dite is broken ? Could his hidden motive be to control his power ?

Tjaard
2009-04-14, 05:59
Probably is only because a katana is the symbol of his past, so he prefer use something that smash for protect than something that slash only for kill.
He can control his power very good, he simply don't want use it as he used to Grendan, remember that he went to Zuellni for change himself too ;)
After is pretty obvious that Layfon want fight seriously only F.Monster not human being :D

velvet nightmare
2009-04-14, 09:03
did he use a katana in his past when he was training, in his flashbacks?

Von Himmel
2009-04-14, 09:48
Looking at when he's still in HB flashback, I think it was shown that he used Katana-type dite.

Bonta Kun
2009-04-14, 13:10
Looking at when he's still in HB flashback, I think it was shown that he used Katana-type dite.

nope his HB weapon is a sword, isn't it called the skysword?

whether iot had other modes thats anyones guess.

Slick_rick
2009-04-14, 13:48
nope his HB weapon is a sword, isn't it called the skysword?

whether iot had other modes thats anyones guess.

Wait.... what?

A katana is just a type of sword. Sword being the boarder term used.

That said from rewatching episode 1 it's definitely not a katana he's using. Looks double-edged, no curve, and too broad a sword to be considered a Katana.

Finally caught up with Regios and I'm glad it's still going strong. It was the bright spot in last season which I found filled with fail. Poor Dinn I actually liked the guy. I hope we see more of him and less of that other guy.

Bonta Kun
2009-04-14, 16:05
Wait.... what?

A katana is just a type of sword. Sword being the boarder term used.

That said from rewatching episode 1 it's definitely not a katana he's using. Looks double-edged, no curve, and too broad a sword to be considered a Katana.

Finally caught up with Regios and I'm glad it's still going strong. It was the bright spot in last season which I found filled with fail. Poor Dinn I actually liked the guy. I hope we see more of him and less of that other guy.

ah yea sry I meant to say double-edged sword and it wasn't curved, it not being curved was what I wanted to say mostly but I had to quickly write it down as I was in a rush:)

SwiftStrike
2009-04-14, 17:46
was dinn possessed by the haikizoku right when he turned(red), or waaay before that but didnt show it?

Wargumm1i
2009-04-14, 18:23
was dinn possessed by the haikizoku right when he turned(red), or waaay before that but didnt show it?

Not quite sure, I think it was before the match atleast or he got possessed during the match because Layfon showed him that he was weak.

DeadlySoldier37
2009-04-14, 22:11
Well finally got time to see this episode. I have to say this was one of the best episodes so far it also had a fair amount of action. You also had a lot of drama going on with Sharnid and the 10th platoon. They didn't explain very well what the beef was all about, but it was entertaining.

Wow!!! so in the end Haia was used as a tool to scrape off the rust off Layfon's skills. Way to make your self useful Haia. Look at the bright side at least you were used for something not like Gorneo.

Next episode seems we will be getting some Meicchi fan-service, it also seems it will be a funny episode with all the fighting between Nina and Felli. Looking forward for next week.

Von Himmel
2009-04-14, 22:22
whoa whoa !
Does that mean he doesn't even get serious even when fighting a f.monster ? o.o;
Or is probably because they haven't developed a katana type of HB dite ? D:

TrueKnight
2009-04-15, 07:45
Seems like the understanding in the Regios world differs from ours. For us swords mean things like long swords, bastard swords, chinese jian and katana. While in Regios the understandings are that sword is more like long sword types, while a katana is well... a katana.

Layfon's HB weapon is a long sword types btw....

physics223
2009-04-15, 07:56
The Filth Monsters will be Layfon's weakness. He almost gets owned with them, but he owns everybody else.

Wargumm1i
2009-04-15, 08:02
I dont think he holds back or atleast isint trying to hold back against Filth monsters, the reason why he seems too he holding back is because if he goes all out, he just might destroy his dite and leave himself in a disadvantaged situation.

Natsuki Hyuga
2009-04-15, 10:27
To be exact, Filth Monsters are way stronger than normal humans. The larger the Filth Monster is the stronger they are-even more stronger than any HBs. The ones that Layfon have difficulty at, considering also his Dite is not enough to hold his Kei, are the grown ones, not the larvaes. Don't try to make comparison of Filth monster with humans :heh:

No matter how strong a human kei is, unless they are on par and skilled as with HB level, they have moot chance to win against them. If not, why the heck are HBs considered very important as a survival mean for Grendan?

physics223
2009-04-15, 11:03
That's my point. Layfon is overpowered from our perspective because he only has been facing humans for the most part. When he was facing that mature Filth Monster he had the most difficult time as yet. It's not that he's overpowered, it's simply that he's faced enemies a lot tougher.

zibi88
2009-04-15, 11:14
That's my point. Layfon is overpowered from our perspective because he only has been facing humans for the most part. When he was facing that mature Filth Monster he had the most difficult time as yet. It's not that he's overpowered, it's simply that he's faced enemies a lot tougher.

yeah and that difference in level shows that past Larva attack :P normal students couldnt do a shit about them how much they tryed..... yet Layfon jumped and killed all in instant XD saying that he can kill how many he likes to :P

later Layfon had problem with that mature form mostly becouse the weapon he was useing is crap.... its not the golden sword from grendan... but home/academic made weapon (city that is not normaly based on martial arts)..... Layfons kei is soo strong that all weapons are breaking from it xD so he had to control himself to the point where the weapons wont break (but that made less powerfull)

but that pain will repey us the ep16 ^^ at least I have huge hopes for that...

Sinestra
2009-04-15, 17:35
Layfon proved once again that match he partakes in is just keeping his skills from going dull. After that boosting and picking on Layfon Haia reduced to nothing but whisper in the wind. The guy boosted to much didn't take Layfon seriously and this was the result. I know some think Layfon in over powered i dont think so because his training his fighting what he was fighting for was survival against Filth Beast not humans. Against humans yea he is pretty strong but that does not mean that there is not someone stronger out there. There is always someone better than you but i think we will see Layfons weaknesses as the show progresses.

I understood the love triangle that went on between Dinn Seina and Shanrid. If the translation was correct she used loved. Its obvious that their squad will be disbanded therefore they will not be together anymore hence the Sayonara. I cant say if she loves Shanrid now but it seems like it was love triangle and the promise was made because of the feelings all 3 shared. It could be possible that Seina did realize her own feelings for Shanrid till he left the squad which made it even more painful. Then again nothing could happen between Seina and Shanrid but with so many shippers out there loving this pairing i cant see it not happening.

Adding another girl to squad should make thing quite interesting as long as she stays out of Felli's way lol.

thundrakkon
2009-04-15, 23:51
I am not sure if this was touched on, but why does the trio (Sharnid, Siena, and Dee) wear red uniforms?

Sinestra
2009-04-16, 07:25
I am not sure if this was touched on, but why does the trio (Sharnid, Siena, and Dee) wear red uniforms?

Im assuming its their preference for battle attire those 3 were a close team maybe it was a way for them to stand out. I guess its like how elite troops or honor guards have different color uniforms. You might ask a manga reader if they know

MafiaSoldier
2009-04-16, 09:59
Wow, the ending to this episode was very touching and the song they used as the closer fit the mood perfectly, well done. Layfon was badass in this episode and was able to defeat Gaia, and in my opinion get the best of Dinn as well, too bad what happened to Dinn happened because he seemed like a great character. Leerin is getting sadder and sadder and I think she may be realizing that Layfon isn't coming back and she may have to go to him or let him go, and if it was up to me I would have her let him go. Maybe the next episode we will get some more Felli x Layfon vibes, or maybe she will finally come out and tell him how she feels, but this episode was a nice break from discussion and had a lot of action and story mixed in to create a tasty blend. I voted a 9 on the poll for this one.

Eisdrache
2009-04-16, 10:16
From my point of view this was a weak episode.

1) Salinvan Mercenary Group: They were 5 guys who chained Dee as well as Myunfa (<3) and Gaia. The 5 chain guys disappeared after that scene without further notice. Myunfa was shot down after not moving a milimeter from her tree, anyone would have hit her. Gaia, the leader of Salinvan was defeated in a flash after giving Layfon that much trouble last time. Sure Layfon held back that time but for the leader I expected a bit more of a fight.

And why is nobody calling police or whoever is responsible when 7 people suddenly interrupt an important interplatoon match?

2) Haikizoku: What exactly is the purpose of it?? It was just there and did ...nothing beside possessing Dinn. What are the reasons of the Salinvan group to capture it? Why will the same happen to the city as it did to the other wasted city? To many questions without serious answers, feels rushed and kind of pointless.

3) He is STILL surprised how Layfon is able to blow away the 10th platoon guys. After what Layfon did in the previous interplatoon matches one should be very well aware of his skills, after all he is the only one who showed a gold aura so far (not 100% sure about that)

4) ...Engrish time?: For the love of god speak either japanese or english. It was kind of funny for the first time but it gets tiring after countless repeats. Also here as well absolutely no hint why this should be important for the story. It looks more like another series embedded in Regios.

For the good points:

Myunfa still cute as ever <3
I liked Sharnid vs Sheina
More Leerin never hurts

TrueKnight
2009-04-16, 10:52
1) Salinvan Mercenary Group: They were 5 guys who chained Dee as well as Myunfa (<3) and Gaia. The 5 chain guys disappeared after that scene without further notice.

Yeah it sucks, been wondering about that too.

Gaia, the leader of Salinvan was defeated in a flash after giving Layfon that much trouble last time. Sure Layfon held back that time but for the leader I expected a bit more of a fight.

Layfon beat Haia with even broken dite back then. Haia’s got skills but in raw power Layfon completely owns him.

And why is nobody calling police or whoever is responsible when 7 people suddenly interrupt an important interplatoon match?

The deal between the mercenaries and Karian, the head council.

2) Haikizoku: What exactly is the purpose of it?? It was just there and did ...nothing beside possessing Dinn. It was searching for a person with enough strong will so it can use them for revenge against Filth Monsters that killed the city where it was born.

What are the reasons of the Salinvan group to capture it? Layfon asked Haia but Haia won’t tell because Layfon’s an exile and no longer has connection with Grendan.

4) ...Engrish time?: For the love of god speak either japanese or english. It was kind of funny for the first time but it gets tiring after countless repeats. Also here as well absolutely no hint why this should be important for the story. It looks more like another series embedded in Regios.

It’s a prequel of CSR in a distant past called Legend of Regios.

kakakka
2009-04-16, 11:02
Haikizoku
About this guy...

I haven't touched any materials about this series except the anime, so my thought is that detailed/complete info about this would be explained later in the series.

AbSoLuTeMiKe
2009-04-16, 12:19
As Far as Layfon using a Katana:

A buddy of mine who is watching the anime and has read up to vol 6 ish in the chinese version is that Layfon doesnt use a Katana and wont. He gave up using a katana, the symbol weapon of the psyharden when he started doing the undeground fights and such for money. He did not want to tarnish the name of the Psyharden. Well it was something along those lines

Yes he is def similar to Kenshin in some ways.

I agree, and I think most of us have seen our fair share of the "guy who was strong, then gets wtfpwnedsauce and becomes awesome"

A Character who knows his strength, however, wants to walk a different path, though M.A suits him best.

<---Layfon X felli fan...though I usually like the underdog female char(Meishen), Felli seems the best fit so far...Until Leerin plays a bigger role, we'll see.

So anything on 15? and I've been reading the Baka Tsuki Translations! Well 1.1 So far.

AvianWing
2009-04-17, 16:17

That's what I would like to see. To overcome adversity by being a smarter fighter rather than an overpowered fighter. Hopefully, we'll get to see more of that soon instead of more Layfon pwnage those noobs.

That fight with the filth monster actually had the concept team. There's the communication from Felli, the distraction from Sharnid, the bait from Nina, and the killing blow from Layfon. This is why there's a team in the first place, and each person has a role to play. (okay, kind of a low blow on Nina).

The teams are set up so very perfectly. Near-instant communication from anywhere in the battlefield, a sniper, 2 melee fighters, and a mechanic in the background. Instead, we see:

In Soviet Russia In Zuellni, no one surprises Layfon. Layfon surprises you.
A sniper rifle? Everyone knows you run faster with a knif-- err, two smaller guns
boobie captain-- good for sweating it out in training.

Yeah. I'm not really a big fan of the sixth sense that the person with the higher power level get. Anyone should be able to deal considerable amount of damage given the element of surprise, that's why there's a team to cover for you.

Tjaard
2009-04-17, 17:42
For the sword, when i see it i think that is a bokuto type, a wooden sword type, a piece of dite sword without blade, that is my impression.
Haia's sword aftere the restoration have a real blade that can cut, after probably katana type have size. length and many other features that i don't know so probably layfon's sword is like a wooden sword, without blade, sucking shape, ecc. If you think of it and see how he use it, Layfon is uber strong xDD

giorno
2009-04-17, 20:54
mmm, layfon's previous dite(the one haia broke) was used to kill the mother FM...so i guess it had a real blade too...and i don't think layfon fought haia with a sheated sword...no matter how stronger layfon may be, haia is still the leader of the salinvan merecnary group and a psyharden master so...don't think he actually even though about going easy on him...

Tjaard
2009-04-18, 02:55
But his dite can't cut, this is sure because Harley said it; the impressive thing is that layfon if want, can cut with something that can't cut :D

giorno
2009-04-18, 11:45
no, harley didn't say it can't cut, he simply said considering his fighting style, a sharper weapon would be better...which is true, considering that the psyharden school seems to focus on the use of the katana as its main weapon(and well, the biggest difference between katanas and other types of longswords lies in the sharpness...)

That's what I would like to see. To overcome adversity by being a smarter fighter rather than an overpowered fighter. Hopefully, we'll get to see more of that soon instead of more Layfon pwnage those noobs.

That fight with the filth monster actually had the concept team. There's the communication from Felli, the distraction from Sharnid, the bait from Nina, and the killing blow from Layfon. This is why there's a team in the first place, and each person has a role to play. (okay, kind of a low blow on Nina).
the problem is, there aren't many people at layfon's level, and the ones we've seen so far aren't really enemies....

and well, you have to consider that the teamwork against the FM worked only because of the circumstances...first they were away from zuelni, so they could actually try to lure it somewhere else using a bait, second, they were relatively close to a good point to set the trap, and third, the FM was already badly wounded, and layfon only needed to strike the wound again once to kill it...

in a situation were FM attack zuelni, such strategies wouldn't be possible, thus pretty much any other student would only get in layfon's way(the only useful one being felli who can give information support while being far away enough from the battlefield to be "safe")

Tjaard
2009-04-18, 11:50
I remember that Harley said that Layfon's dite can smash and not cut :D
If his dite can cut Haia was already dead now after his match lol

TrueKnight
2009-04-18, 11:51
the biggest difference between katanas and other types of longswords lies in the sharpness

Well this is not CSR related but I find it sad that because of samurai movies and cartoons most people had misconceptions that a katana is sharper than your typical longswords when it's not always like that. Several long swords (european ones) also have the same sharpness as the katana, particularly the italian Brescia Spadona,

http://www.albion-swords.com/images/swords/johnsson/brescia01.jpg

AvianWing
2009-04-18, 14:26
no, harley didn't say it can't cut, he simply said considering his fighting style, a sharper weapon would be better...which is true, considering that the psyharden school seems to focus on the use of the katana as its main weapon(and well, the biggest difference between katanas and other types of longswords lies in the sharpness...)

the problem is, there aren't many people at layfon's level, and the ones we've seen so far aren't really enemies....

and well, you have to consider that the teamwork against the FM worked only because of the circumstances...first they were away from zuelni, so they could actually try to lure it somewhere else using a bait, second, they were relatively close to a good point to set the trap, and third, the FM was already badly wounded, and layfon only needed to strike the wound again once to kill it...

in a situation were FM attack zuelni, such strategies wouldn't be possible, thus pretty much any other student would only get in layfon's way(the only useful one being felli who can give information support while being far away enough from the battlefield to be "safe")

That is exactly my point earlier

14 episodes in.

and come on. A team isn't a one trick pony. Different circumstances call for different strategies, especially a team as diverse as this. Layfon just needed an opening, I think that can be done anywhere. Hence, that's why I say the team has a perfect composition. Instead, they separate and go into their one on one battles with a sniper going up against a melee expert (really? I know it's personal...).

giorno
2009-04-19, 00:08
I remember that Harley said that Layfon's dite can smash and not cut :D
If his dite can cut Haia was already dead now after his match lol
i'm going with ayako's translation here, you remember wrong(unless of course you understand japanese and the one who got it wrong is ayako's translator(s)...)
harley isn't talking about the dite alone, he's talking about reifon's fighting style, which relies on speed rather than brute strength(the whole point of a sword that "smashes")--->katana is better than "sword"

seriously, if his sword wasn't sharp, he wouldn't be able to cut like that...that said, it may well be possible that the sword was sheated against haia...but it's more likely he didn't inflict a deep wound and went more for the dite...afterall, we don't see exactly what kind of damage haia received...

Well this is not CSR related but I find it sad that because of samurai movies and cartoons most people had misconceptions that a katana is sharper than your typical longswords when it's not always like that. Several long swords (european ones) also have the same sharpness as the katana, particularly the italian Brescia Spadona
actually it's not just samurai movies and cartoons, scientific researches also confirm that the katana is among the sharper, if not the sharpest type of sword...and well, it is a sword famous for its sharpness, and made for fast and accurate slashes....though well, thuthfully speaking, to someone like reifon, with that kind of skill, there shouldn't be really much of a difference between a katana or a broadsword(or actually, no real difference at all?)

and come on. A team isn't a one trick pony. Different circumstances call for different strategies, especially a team as diverse as this. Layfon just needed an opening, I think that can be done anywhere. Hence, that's why I say the team has a perfect composition. Instead, they separate and go into their one on one battles with a sniper going up against a melee expert (really? I know it's personal...).
the point is, generally, reifon works best alone, he was trained in fighting alone afterall, so he's not good at cooperating with others, if you add tha fact that he alone is better than the platoon fighting as a team, well...you get the picture...and they know this as well, i guess one of the reasons why their fighting like this is to let nina and sharnid get some practice, otherwise, nina could just tell reifon to do everything by himself...

TrueKnight
2009-04-19, 00:42
Layfon could probably use any type of swords and mastered them in a short time.

actually it's not just samurai movies and cartoons, scientific researches also confirm that the katana is among the sharper, if not the sharpest type of sword...and well, it is a sword famous for its sharpness, and made for fast and accurate slashes

Katanas are among the sharpest. But not all european swords are designed to hack and smash like the bastards or zweihander types, the Spadona is designed similar with the likes of a katana and arabian scimitar, to cut. Tests indicates that a Spadona also equals the katana in field of cutting.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aaY1hivskhM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2anhcuo1XEY

for more information see here,
http://www.myarmoury.com/review_alb_brescia.html

Tjaard
2009-04-19, 03:56
i'm going with ayako's translation here, you remember wrong(unless of course you understand japanese and the one who got it wrong is ayako's translator(s)...)
harley isn't talking about the dite alone, he's talking about reifon's fighting style, which relies on speed rather than brute strength(the whole point of a sword that "smashes")--->katana is better than "sword"

seriously, if his sword wasn't sharp, he wouldn't be able to cut like that...that said, it may well be possible that the sword was sheated against haia...but it's more likely he didn't inflict a deep wound and went more for the dite...afterall, we don't see exactly what kind of damage haia received...

Hmm, you've a point but for all fight that i saw i think that his dire haven't blade, so there's a possibility that the kei that he use on the sword can cut instead of the blade, but i don't know if this is possible, but for now i saw only layfon destroy things with his sword dite, but you know, someone said that if you're a master swordman you can cut with a wooden sword too :D
For what Harley said, you've right because he's talking about layfon's fighting style, but that "smash" isn't impossible with a normal sword too, a normal sword can cut always, whatever it is, so when he cut something, as the big FM on the 5 epi, i think that his sword cutted it when he used his kei.
For haia sword, with the uber kei that layfon have, he destroyed it not cut it to half, with a katana he can cut and destroy with the different parts of the sword, with a normal sword you can cut always with any parts, but with a sword without blade you can't cut nothing, but for regios we don't know if the if you put kei in the sword you can cut; katana style are different from others sword style so probably harley mean this, but that smash means that the sword of layfon haven't blade on front of it.