Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Archon_Wing

Notices

Conversation Between Archon_Wing and Triple_R
Showing Visitor Messages 21 to 30 of 320
  1. Triple_R
    2017-06-04 23:25
    Triple_R
    Yeah, I kind of miss the diplomatic victories in Civ VI. And you're definitely right that the barbarians in Civ VI are simply brutal. Up until 500 AD or so, they're often a bigger problem than the rival civilizations are.

Anyway, I haven't played much Civ VI lately, but if I get back into it, I'll tell you. I hope you're continuing to enjoy Civ VI and Civ VI!
  2. Archon_Wing
    2017-05-23 03:15
    Archon_Wing
    So anyhow, if you didn't note that Civ VI thread, i recently bought the game (as well as Civ V expansions).

Decided to play V first, and it turned out to be a lot better than the original which I thought was really bad, but that might have to do with having a computer that can actually run it. So I found a humorous tactic in V that looks like it could work in VI.

Basically you declare war early on but don't wipe them out, because people will think you're a jackass. (Well, they still will but not as much earlier it gets). Anyhow, they'll be weak and eventually someone else will take them over. Then you take advantage of this by playing the hero and using this as another excuse for war by denouncing the new aggressor and "liberating" the captured cities (while pillaging everything you can). This reduces the warmonger penalty and people will see you as the good guy again and you get an ally out of the resurrected civ.

6 doesn't have the diplomatic victory though, so not sure how that's going to go.
  3. Archon_Wing
    2017-02-23 01:29
    Archon_Wing
    This whole Re:zero incident is pretty intense. I wonder if people will react the same way in 5-10 years, since I see people tuning in and they reach ep 18, it's of a similar reaction, kinda like clockwork.

Yea this happens a lot in anime with that kind of pairing thing, but it's rather intense here due to female leads being pretty close (unlike cough.... Oreimo) So that reminds me of a certain other controversial anime that gets talked about quite a bit this way-- True Tears! If you google something like Reddit "true tears", you get some rather errr... emotional reactions xD

So perhaps Rem's actually a successor to Noe. Consider that for a moment. xD Guy meets short haired girl that changes his life, but she helps him get the courage to go for a long haired girl that he's been with a bit more but had trouble realizing his feelings-- who doesn't get that much focus for a long while.
  4. Archon_Wing
    2017-02-07 01:54
    Archon_Wing
    Oh, I figured that'd come up eventually. Well, I also figured why you'd like Rem. And it's not because she's part of a twin maid duo! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IuyxcKsFWhI

And why the heck did they blur their faces out? It's not like this is some tangentially related universe like Hime/Otome.
  5. Triple_R
    2017-02-06 22:49
    Triple_R
    Maybe you should re-watch Madoka Magica given your new love of blue hair. I'd also recommend new Winter 2017 anime Fuuka!

It's great we'll be getting another Nanoha/Fate movie. I hope they get a nice sendoff, given how the main continuity is clearly moving away from them (Vivid Strike had one flashback scene that had Nanoha and Fate's faces glowed out, lol).
  6. Archon_Wing
    2017-02-06 22:43
    Archon_Wing
    Yea I'd imagine. Also I have a thing for blue hair all of a sudden with Re;Zero and Planetarian.

As a side note I find it's funny we're getting another Nanoha movie. Is like Fate has to secure her place in people's hearts, and perhaps the whole yuri thingy.
  7. Triple_R
    2017-02-06 22:40
    Triple_R
    I'd gladly trade you our snow for your rain. Hopefully things warm up for both of us soon!
  8. Archon_Wing
    2017-02-06 22:39
    Archon_Wing
    I'm okay, sorta, but the weather keeps raining and is cold-- though I imagine you folks somewhat scoff at what is cold over here.
  9. Triple_R
    2017-02-06 22:37
    Triple_R
    Nice to see you more active on Anime Suki lately! How's things been for you lately?
  10. Archon_Wing
    2017-01-14 00:32
    Archon_Wing
    Oh, so Rem's the main character and Emillia is the side character?

I guess I should have made note, since it was hard to tell otherwise.