AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Hiroi Sekai

Notices

Conversation Between Hiroi Sekai and Soverence
Showing Visitor Messages 121 to 130 of 154
  1. Soverence
    2012-11-04 21:15
    Soverence
    I have been watching a lot of the stuff from last season right now, its generally my rule to never start a anime till it is finished airing / close to finished airing. There is a lot of stuff from this season I want to watch though (Psycho-Pass, Little Busters, Robotic;Note), I broke that rule I just mentioned for one series (Chuunibyou) and regret it already because I want to watch more x.x
  2. Hiroi Sekai
    2012-11-04 21:08
    Hiroi Sekai
    Hey, it's been very nice for sure. Watching about 10-12 series or something at the moment. How about for you?
  3. Soverence
    2012-11-04 20:07
    Soverence
    Hey man, how have you been? The anime Fall 2012 season treating you well?
  4. Soverence
    2012-09-11 18:33
    Soverence
    My campus has some weird architecture with all the buildings, but its something I actually kind of like, and besides that the grounds are well maintained so I got nothing to complain about (besides the obnoxious people that are always present).

Yeah, Key based works always seem to do stuff like this, I have not seen/played/read the visual novel but I have heard they kept it pretty true to the source. I thought she was a great character, she annoyed me a little with her final arch in the first season (the whole parents sacrifice thing) but I could understand why it was possible for her to feel that way.

When it comes to harems, usually by the time panties and such start flying is when I usually stop reading because at that point I feel like the author has run out of material and is just doing fan service instead of attempting some kind of story. Honestly, I would say that the first season of Clannad was a harem, it was one guy (sunohara does not count) with all girls around him who were basically all interesting in him, it just wasn't done in the obvious way that most harems are done now-a-days.

Yeah, I guess it is, but as you said I just didn't like the style.

I have watched like some of it on Adult Swim on Saturdays, but I have never actually sat down and watched it through so I never know completely what is going on. I feel like it is something that I could get into, and I do enjoy that to some extent, as long as the symbols aren't so obscure and somewhat straight forward once you figure them out.

I hear you, I have never really played MMO's myself, this is my first one, my friends are the ones that convinced me to try it so I was like alright xD. Right before I got it I just bought 3 JRG's for my xbox to play (because I haven't played any in awhile) and those have been put off on hold mainly because of college and GW2 xD. You ever played a game called Alan Wake?
  5. Hiroi Sekai
    2012-09-09 23:24
    Hiroi Sekai
    Many campuses look fantastic though; it's certainly not a terrible place to be. It's just I'd prefer to not have it as my surroundings 24/7. Also, personal cooking's great, but a legitimate home cooked meal from mom is always a treat. :3

Ah, I can see where they're coming from. However, they should know it's a Key work based on a visual novel with branching paths. Regarding that, they did a magnificent job keeping consistent and giving every character a ton of soul. Nagisa was the best ever, so I'm really glad she came back. Oftentimes, I'm actually against revival of the dead after establishment, but in this case I was happy.

Even with that mindset, the protagonists often act mindless past the point of human comprehension, which just makes it a wankfest, to be brutally honest. I'd like a semblance of direction to a series, just not pure fluff to appeal to those who are obsessed with such mediums. That said, there are several harems with nice appeal to them, as they actually have a charm to them. NGE's a love/hate relationship for sure. The characters are definitely annoying (especially Shinji), but it's a growing protagonist story, yeah? It's alright if you didn't like it though. Rinne no Lagrange is a lot more open-minded and fun, I'd recommend that if you've seen Macross Frontier or such.

Ghost in the Shell is definitely a special case. If you don't like deciphering ideals through symbolism and such, it might not even click once with you. That said, it's what inspired the Matrix films, so you can consider it a relic of its kind.

I'm not really an MMO player. While I enjoy pumping stats into a team I can call my own, I do like having closure at some point, with a story to follow it all. Even if these MMOs have stories that end, the online gameplay always continues, so I feel somewhat unbalanced with them. It definitely looks like a solid game though, good to hear you're enjoying it.
  6. Soverence
    2012-09-09 15:19
    Soverence
    Yeah I could understand that, for like the first half of the year dorming on campus is great, but it does get a little tiresome once you have been here for like 5 months. That it does, that it does, only so many places you can eat greasy food before you get sick of it.

Let me reword that then, they think the ending was out of place or that it was a ass pull ending (even though it wasn't), there is a pretty decent amount of people who feel it would have been a better ending if he had to raise Ushio on his own and come to terms with Nagisa's passing, I think either ending would have been fine (assuming they had worked toward that ending).

I generally don't mind most harems, mainly because I go into them with the mindset that everyone in them is a idiot and nothing serious should try and be gained from them. Kami Nomi zo Shiru Sekai is probably my favorite though of that genre, it does it perfect in my opinion. Never watched Rinne No Lagrange, but honestly, I hated Neon Genesis Evangelion, I just couldn't get into, the character's annoyed me, the somewhat preachiness of it all just, eh.

That it most certainly was xD. I still need to watch Ghost in the Shell.

On a side question, do you play Guild Wars 2? Just picked it up with a couple friends and I am enjoying it tremendously .
  7. Hiroi Sekai
    2012-09-08 14:22
    Hiroi Sekai
    Yeah, I kinda like not being directly in the middle of the school too; I actually feel like I'm leaving the school when I'm done classes. Frozen food and take out for a while would get quite bad yeah; it's awesome to try new recipes (as long as you know the fundamentals of food).

It's been a pretty solid season, so even if you catch a couple shows from it, it'd be totally worth it.

I don't think they can miss the ending, because it's kinda shoved in your face and whatnot. AnoHana is just quality; being able to make my Top 5 and 10/10 is nothing short of a daunting task, and to do it in just 11 episodes is stunning.

Yeah, I give most things a whirl too, but there's some genres I generally just don't like, such as harems and mecha. Of course, there are exceptions to those rules and such. For harem, there's stuff like Kami Nomi zo Shiru Sekai and Amagami that makes it interesting enough, and with mecha there's Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann, Rinne no Lagrange, Macross Frontier, Code Geass and you can even go further back into Neon Genesis Evangelion. I have seen Serial Experiment Lain; it was a very nice surreal series, which is always good for a brain workout. Stuff like Ghost in the Shell is fantastic too.
  8. Soverence
    2012-09-08 07:38
    Soverence
    Wow, nice. Yeah , I am sure if you look around enough you could always find something. I believe that, thats why when I am home we basically live off frozen food and take out ( no one in my family can cook either -.-) although I kinda hate eating that stuff all the time.

Ahhh okay, I felt like that series has been going on for awhile now, so no surprise there. Then maybe I should jump in now well it is still a little early and catch-up. Hmmm alrighty, I will put it on my list of things to watch then so if someday I want to watch it I won't forget.

It really is, I am not sure how anyone can not like the series (except maybe for those who didn't get the ending). I actually watched AnoHana first, I thought it was a great series, not as good as Clannad A:S but still a great series.

Well the thing is I am not very picky about what I watch, you know I like Drama's, Action, Adventure, Mystery, Sports, just about any anime genre there is I have probably watched some of it. The only genre I can't seem to stand is Mecha anime, they all just come off so odd to me for some reason. Speaking of slightly obscure, you ever watched a anime called Serial Experiment Lain? I don't know if I would call it good, but I would call it a experience thats for sure o.o
  9. Hiroi Sekai
    2012-09-07 22:19
    Hiroi Sekai
    I'm at the University of British Columbia. It's important to find a good price first, then decide on location. Not too bad if you look around a considerable amount. Cooking's good fun, it just takes a lot of practice.

Um, Hyouka's technically ongoing, but it'll end next week. Kokoro Connect's much more fresh, only up to around Episode 10 or 11, last I remember. Pretty much everything's better; .HACK's quite a bit older and much less polished, but SAO's nothing perfect either. It's just a solid series, so I'd personally recommend checking it out before knocking it.

It really is one of the best ever. If you like tear-jerkers, AnoHana's another fantastic series. It's harder to find new stuff based on any recommendations though; find the genres you generally enjoy, then search around for the most popular ones of those. It's also good to look into obscure stuff, but still.
  10. Soverence
    2012-09-07 22:08
    Soverence
    Where you going to college? Yeah I got some friends here who do that, most of the people doing it seem to be seniors or grad-students though, probably easy to get the money at that point. I like cooking as well! I just suck terribly at it xD.

They are both still un-going series right? I have yet to actually watch a series as it was still airing, I usually end up waiting till it is all out so I can watch it in one sit through, but I might make an exception for these ones. Well as long as it actually ends up paying off on all the build up and not just crashing down. The premise itself seems almost the same though, whats better? the character's? the actual execution of the story?

Already watched it, don't think I have shed tears more watching a anime in my life :'( xD. It really is, some of my friends also just skipped over Clannad and watched After Story and I am like you can do that but there is so much stuff in After Story that kinda relates back to stuff that happened in Clannad (Fuko being the major one, I don't think her return would be as big and happy bounce inducing if you never saw the first arc xD). It is and I have heard they are good so I was going to give them a whirl