AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Hiroi Sekai

Notices

Conversation Between Hiroi Sekai and Soverence
Showing Visitor Messages 151 to 154 of 154
  1. Hiroi Sekai
    2012-03-15 21:59
    Hiroi Sekai
    Keep that up, it'll get you places.

I'm somewhat of a veteran of Tales games myself. Phantasia, Eternia, Legendia, Abyss, Symphonia, Vesperia, Graces, along with Tales of the World, Tales of VS., and the Abyss 3DS remake. Symphonia's great for nostalgia and many other things as well (watch out for that questionable sequel). And yeah, Japan's concept of dorky characters often does end up being kind of annoying. On the other end of the spectrum however, the best characters come from Japan as well. I mean, Western characters are generally nothing more than muscly gun-toting supermen.

Basically, yes. However, you don't restore it or anything. You start every battle with a certain amount, and you can restore it/lose it very easily. In a way, I suppose it IS like Eternal Sonata in the way that you stack up hits. At a certain point, you go into a mode where you can endlessly chain attacks (and even go into a Mystic Arte). But it's all in real time.

AnoHana's fantastic; one of the special series that takes risks and is special. I agree with Fullmetal Alchemist, though Rie Kugimiya as Alphonse is still so insanely epic to me, so I slightly prefer it. Baccano isn't bad either, since it uses a lot of the same voices.

Exactly. Then there's the people who can't understand that concept, like SOME reviewers I know. Not mentioning any names, but *coughirategamercough*
  2. Soverence
    2012-03-15 21:12
    Soverence
    Go me and good ideas XD.

Honestly Vesperia is the only one of the Tales series I have actually played, I have watched gameplay and story from Symphonia though, nothing about Abyss, although those two pretty much always take up all the recommended videos when I search Vesperia on youtube. Its like a requirement, they are meant to be the dorky / funny character that we find humorous but usually always end up hating.

So basically now you have a tp that you need to do anything basically? I am assuming regular strikes use a lot less of the attack meter then artes. Is it somewhat like the system that was used in Eternal Sonata? cause thats what I am picturing but i feel like that isn't really right.

AnoHana is actually first on my next to watch list, I just haven't gotten around to starting it, but I know whats it about so I can imagine the atmosphere now. Out of all the JRP's and Animes I have watched, only one series have I ever liked the English Dub more, and that was in FullMetal Alchemist. Not to say all English dub is bad, I just honestly think the original language goes better with the animation, somewhat sad that you can't switch it to English Sub but oh well.

Yeah, gotta play the game before you can do a review of it right? XD
  3. Hiroi Sekai
    2012-03-15 20:38
    Hiroi Sekai
    Hey, that's a pretty good idea.

Vesperia's one of my favourite Tales games, aside from Symphonia and Abyss. Much like Final Fantasy, there's always ONE annoying character in games like these, so I'm okay with that, really.

The combat system now consists of an offensive artes tree (chained into your regular strikes) and special artes (much like before, but can be chained into regular attacks). Instead of a TP bar, you have a general attack meter that you can choose to exhaust using regular strikes, artes or a mix of both. By guarding and moving in a direction, you do quick dodges, and if successfully done, your meter goes up even more. It's quite different and it takes some time to get used to, but it's actually somewhat more dynamic and exciting. I do prefer the older fighting system better though.

Yeah, the somewhat dark story took me by surprise. You ever watch AnoHana? It's got hints of that atmosphere in it. The depressing changes that come with growth, and the innocence of youth, stuff like that. The voices I think are quite bad, and that's not my biased view on dubs talking. These are actually pretty bad, and there's no way to change it.

Sounds good, I'm planning to hopefully make some sort of mini review when I have enough clips (only got the game a couple days ago when it was released) and experience in the content.
  4. Soverence
    2012-03-15 20:12
    Soverence
    Hey, how are you? We were talking about Vesperia and Graces on one of the posts and thought I would talk with you here instead of turning the post into a conversation xD.

Yeah, I heard Vesperia was actually pretty good among the Tales series (I liked Karol's character a little more when he tried to take on that monster all alone, but yeah he was pretty annoying otherwise).

How did they change the combat system in Graces? Cause honestly I found the combat system in Vesperia to be great, it was fast and fluid, I wouldn't mind a change but the one in Vesperia was so well designed in my opinion.

I don't really mind dark stories, although I haven't seen too many dark stories in the JRPs I have played. The friendship stuff sounds a little awkward though. Also when isn't English Dub in JRPs embarrassing? xD

I would actually like very much so to see some gameplay from Graces if your going to be uploading it