Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Cherry_Lover

Notices

Conversation Between Cherry_Lover and RadiantBeam
Showing Visitor Messages 21 to 26 of 26
  1. Cherry_Lover
    2010-08-17 20:35
    Cherry_Lover
    Well, Gil's feelings for Saber ultimately come from the previous war (Fate/Zero), so they should apply equally in all three routes. You're entirely right, though, when you say that it's because UBW Saber is more of a side character, because that's why Gil never feels the need to come out and declare his love for her.
  2. RadiantBeam
    2010-08-17 20:30
    RadiantBeam
    I don't know why I never thought of it that way. I just assumed it was mainly because in UBW Saber was more of a side character, and she didn't have as much impact on the story as she did in Fate. Mostly I thought that because even in UBW Gilgamesh still hates Shirou, it's just for a different reason compared to Fate.
  3. Cherry_Lover
    2010-08-17 20:24
    Cherry_Lover
    Well, yeah, that's why I said it. The major difference between the routes, as far as Gil is concerned is that Fate focuses on Saber and Shirou, whereas UBW focuses on Archer and Shirou, with Saber more in the background. Because Shirou is the one who has to deal with Gil, and because Saber has no romantic involvement in the route, Gil's feelings for Saber simply never come up. And, like someone else said, he doesn't really do an awful lot about them in Fate either, for 90% of the route. It's only when it's clear that Shirou and Saber are going to be his main rivals that he comes out and stakes his claim on her.
  4. RadiantBeam
    2010-08-17 20:19
    RadiantBeam
    No problem, and even if it's just a guess, it would certainly make a lot of sense in context.
  5. Cherry_Lover
    2010-08-17 20:18
    Cherry_Lover
    Well, honestly I'm only guessing. I don't think it's ever explained canonically. Thanks for the rep, though....
  6. RadiantBeam
    2010-08-17 19:54
    RadiantBeam
    Repped your post in the Game Discussion. Thanks for explaining it, I never really understood why Gil's attitude towards Saber was so different in UBW compared to Fate.