AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Archon_Wing

Notices

Conversation Between Archon_Wing and Last Sinner
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 10 of 295
  1. Archon_Wing
    2018-11-19 19:20
    Archon_Wing
    Quote:
    Roman Reigns had a relapse of leukemia. Indefinitely out.
    Poor guy. But things will probably be good for him when he makes his return. From looking at Youtube, the crowd seemed pretty supportive once they realized things got serious, so that's rather nice.

But uhh, it is the same company that exploits tragedy so...

Quote:
    Brock Lesnar suddenly has the Raw champion title AGAIN...
    You know, they always want a company guy that won't betray them. Which is why they never give it to said people.

Quote:
    Shane McMahon won the 'Best in the World' event at Crown Jewel.
    Man he's gotten old. :S Bad state of affairs.

Quote:
    WWE went to Saudi Arabi despite the journalist murder because they have a 10 year contract for a bunch of money.
    Tone death for sure.

Quote:
    Undertaker, Shawn Michaels, Kane and Triple H being dragged out of retirement for the events in Australia, Dubai and Saudi Arabia for the money is just sad....they are all a shell of what they once were. This is beyond sad. In the case of Taker, the hip replacement was meant to mean the end of action for him. Yet he's suddenly doing a few one-off events.
    Well, you can blame them for never truly trusting their new generation aside from a few. Trips single handedly destroyed a entire section of potential superstars from 2003 and 2004. Personally, that's what killed it for me.

Quote:
    It's a farce. WWE seems to be revelling in a 'we can do whatever the hell we want' attitude. Then again, given they are so Republican-affiliated, that isn't any surprise.
    Trump should have stayed in WWE instead of being president, for sure.

And yea, I'll remember about Penguin Highway. Rascal does not dream of Bunny Girl seems decent.
  2. Last Sinner
    2018-11-09 08:06
    Last Sinner
    Btw, if there's one thing I recommend from this year, it's Penguin Highway. Saw it in cinema a night ago. If it is showing in your area, try and go see it. If it isn't, wait for it to emerge in 2019.
  3. Last Sinner
    2018-11-09 06:00
    Last Sinner
    I can't remember the last time I watched them. I keep tags on Cultaholic, Dave Meltzer, Brian Alvarez and Brian Zane to see what is going in. And it's a joke....

Here's how it currently is from what I've heard:
    - Roman Reigns had a relapse of leukemia. Indefinitely out. This was used as heel heat and disgusted many.
    - Brock Lesnar suddenly has the Raw champion title AGAIN...
    - Shane McMahon won the 'Best in the World' event at Crown Jewel.
    - WWE went to Saudi Arabi despite the journalist murder because they have a 10 year contract for a bunch of money.
    - Daniel Bryan refused to go to Saudi Arabia and is being punished for it.
    - Major women's title matches lately have had really dumb stipulations. (Asuka vs Ember Moon as a Battle Royale....seriously...)
    - Charlotte Flair has been turned into a laughing stock...CHARLOTTE FLAIR...
    - Nakamura, Balor, Rollins, Owens, amongst others, just can't get a proper run atm...
    - Undertaker, Shawn Michaels, Kane and Triple H being dragged out of retirement for the events in Australia, Dubai and Saudi Arabia for the money is just sad....they are all a shell of what they once were. This is beyond sad. In the case of Taker, the hip replacement was meant to mean the end of action for him. Yet he's suddenly doing a few one-off events.

It's a farce. WWE seems to be revelling in a 'we can do whatever the hell we want' attitude. Then again, given they are so Republican-affiliated, that isn't any surprise.

Tl;dr - New Japan is far better.
  4. Archon_Wing
    2018-11-08 22:14
    Archon_Wing
    lol figured you'd notice the Vince comment. I hear they've sunk to a new low, and I thought pushing a new face of the company that got booed for the last 4 years was hitting there.
  5. Last Sinner
    2018-10-18 09:45
    Last Sinner
    Thanks for the advice. Started with July. Hanebado was the one title that did it for me. I had looked at April a bit already. SG;0 I had started but had issues with. But since I liked the original as much as I did, I'll find enough willpower to see it through.
  6. Archon_Wing
    2018-10-17 14:58
    Archon_Wing
    Ancient Magus's Bride was decent..... Steins;Gate 0 seems pretty good but havne't finished.

And.... I dunno really. Of course Titan wouldn't be mentioned anyways, lol
  7. Last Sinner
    2018-10-17 12:18
    Last Sinner
    So...what's worth it from 2018? I am yet to find something from this year that hits the 'would watch it again/really want to remember it' mark yet. Could appreciate some advice. (Please exclude Titan, SAO and any idol title.)
  8. Archon_Wing
    2018-05-12 00:21
    Archon_Wing
    Thanks. That sounds like fun and quick which is a good combo.

Fair enough, but I think the development has been pretty good and faster than that of 5 for sure. Witcher 3 I've heard many good things about, but never really had the computer for it

And yea Steins;Gate ended conclusively enough; I'm always wary of continuations.

Oh? Well, hopefully it will give yuri a good name. Sadly, 99% of yuri that gets popular is crap these days, what with garbage NTR Trap and Citrus being passed off as stuff like that.
  9. Last Sinner
    2018-05-09 07:04
    Last Sinner
    No problem. Hope things improve on your end. Throne of Lies is more an RP whodunnit. It could be considered a bit like Danganronpa in some ways. But it's quick fire investigation between 16 players and some players are assigned to evil automatically. Throw in humans being humans - you get a real spectrum of reactions to the same incident or info. Average game length would be 15 mins.

I'll bite on Civ 6 one day but as I previously said, I expect that to be some time in 2020, given the way Sid Meier games go price-wise. My most recent purchase was The Witcher 3, which I had waited a LONG time for the full package to drop to 20 dollars. It's been a worthwhile experience. Things like NieR: Automata, Danganronpa 3 and Hand of Fate 2 are ones I'm willing to play the waiting game on until they reach my acceptable price range.

Cook Serve Delicious 2 was my purchase late last year for some combo/time management fun. Monkey Island 3 got a Steam release a month ago for its 20th anniversary. Playing it through again for the first time in many years was really something. It's freaky how what it did in 1998 stands up so well to what is done today.

Anime-wise, Girls Last Tour and Recovery of an MMO Junkie were my fave titles of last year. This year I haven't found a clear winner yet but there was a lot on offer that hit a high enough mark. Current season, hoping Steins;Gate 0 will deliver but I'm somewhat concerned so far.

Yuri-wise, it may be notable for you that the Flowers series of VNs will have the 2nd of its games come out this year. Someone from JAST says the translation is complete and that they're in the tech side of it now. Which is heartening that JAST feels they did well enough on the first one to continue, so I'm hoping that by some time in 2020, all 4 will be available in English. It's comparable to Marimite in some ways but it definitely mixes in its own style with being very old-school literature influenced. And damn, the artwork is so darn pretty. I actually got a collectors edition of the first game back in 2016 to help support its release. It's nice to know some of the better ones are becoming available now.

Which reminds me...I really should fork out for Love, Guitars and the Nashville Skyline sometime soon. Another notable yuri VN in a more unexpected setting.
  10. Archon_Wing
    2018-05-09 00:31
    Archon_Wing
    Not too well, but I'm ok. Yea, board game style ones can always be fun. I don't really game much though, usually sticking to a few games such as Civilization VI-- found some decent deals on it and it is well worth the money.

That handle name is pretty common due to being the title of a popular song though I suppose it could sound a bit pretentious. The one I know is actually pretty good at showing gratitude but I'll just leave it at that; I don't like to get involved into interpersonal affrairs that I'm not personally involved in. Prefer a drama free zone these days as I'm too old for that. Usually. :]