AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > 0utf0xZer0

Notices

Conversation Between 0utf0xZer0 and Triple_R
Showing Visitor Messages 281 to 290 of 544
  1. 0utf0xZer0
    2013-07-23 04:17
    0utf0xZer0
    Quote:
    Good show for: Magical girl fans, Fate/Series fans, Card Captor Sakura fans, lolicons.
    I'm suddenly reminded of how some of the other anime fans I know reacted when I mentioned that I got Ilya by entering my real name into the waifu generator.

At least back then I could justifiably point out that she was a "faux loli" character - but that was before Fate/Zero and Prisma Ilya.
  2. 0utf0xZer0
    2013-07-09 19:23
    0utf0xZer0
    I've actually seen a few of those.

I like the concept of Kiniro Mosaic but I feel like it's not matching up to my "gold standard" for this kind of thing (Ikoku Meiro no Croisee). I don't have much of anything to say about Free.

I watched and liked the original Rozen Maiden back in the day... and barely remember anything about it. The "how the manga differed" recap didn't help matters. I'll probably end up just barreling ahead since I don't have time to go back and rewatch the original/read the manga right now.
  3. Triple_R
    2013-07-09 07:42
    Triple_R
    It's funny - Both of us have watched a lot of Summer 2013 shows, but I think there's no overlap at all between us yet.

I've watched the first episode of the Rozen Maiden remake, Gen'ei o Kakeru Taiyo -Il sole penetra le illusioni, Fantasista Doll, Kiniro Mosaic, Love Lab, KKK, and Free!

Out of all of those, I'd think you'd like Love Lab and Gen'ei o Kakeru Taiyo -Il sole penetra le illusioni the most, although I'm not sure if you were much into the original Rozen Maiden or not.

And yeah, Love Live! almost seems tailor-made for me. There's very little I'd change about it if I could. It's a great show for a moe/yuri/drama-lover like myself.
  4. 0utf0xZer0
    2013-07-09 00:33
    0utf0xZer0
    Was going to order you to watch Love Live on the double but I see you got around to it before I did.

I'm surprised how much I like Dog and Scissors given how the show is essentially a hybrid of batshit and sadistic humour - though given the impression Hitagi left on me back in 2009, maybe I just like that kind of "edginess" from time to time. Prisma Ilya is a lot of fun. Stella Jyogakuen Koutouka C3-Bu was decent too but I don't think I enjoyed it as much as the other three. Still have a decent number of shows to get to. I think that I went into the new Monogatari and Ro-Kyu-Bu seasons with too high expectations, so I'm not ready to deliver opinions of them just yet.
  5. 0utf0xZer0
    2013-06-11 22:03
    0utf0xZer0
    What makes the Xbox One's restrictions and pricing more annoying too, is that, as The Verge points out, the console's controller+Kinect control scheme may allow developers to do some interesting things:
    http://www.theverge.com/2013/6/11/44...-interactivity

The examples in there seem a bit unambitious (I don't think Ryse offers you to give very specific orders to your troops, for example), but if the new version of Kinect is good enough to pull off finger tracking, you could, say, cast a spell in something like Skyrim using a quick gesture then return to the controller for melee combat. Heck, some PC games like Arx Fatalis and the Void allow spellcasting by drawing runes, it's just clunky to do it with a mouse cursor - I've heard it works better on a touchscreen phone. Though, the Wii U's controller/touchscreen controller offers similar possibilities and developers are hardly jumping up to take advantage of them.

Just some food for thought.
  6. 0utf0xZer0
    2013-06-11 00:21
    0utf0xZer0
    I'd go more specific than user unfriendliness. Windows 8's UI is fine for what it was designed for (portables that can act as both tablet and PC), but they should have allowed desktop users to just use the start menu and run Modern UI apps within it - which is absolutely technically possible:
    http://winsupersite.com/windows-8/wi...indows-desktop

What bothers me is their move towards being restrictive - whether it's shoving a "convertible" UI down desktop user's throats, only allowing apps from their app store on Windows Phone/RT, the technical restrictions that make it tricky to share files between desktop and modern UI apps (yes, really) or even restricting Office Home and Student licenses to one PC to encourage multi-PC household to move to their subscription licenses (Office 2010 licenses allowed installation on 3 PCs IIRC), it all seems to come down to various annoying restrictions.

Plus, Windows 7 had better advertising:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yeMPbUYJCA0
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MGDbxL9EHaI

One other thing I find interesting about this console generation: the number of games being developed that are not only cross-platform but cross-generation: Dragon Age: Inquisition, for example, is supposed to come out on 360/PS3/One/PS4/PC and is slated for fall 2014 - pretty much a full year after the One and PS4 launch. It makes sense - taking assets from a next gen release and scale them down to a current gen console is probably a cost-effective method of widening your audience - but I feel like we're seeing much more of that this generation than previously.
  7. Triple_R
    2013-06-10 23:30
    Triple_R
    I really like Windows 7 and Microsoft Office myself. And I'm very satisfied with my XBox 360.

So yeah, I'm also disappointed to see where Microsoft has gone with its products over the past year or so.

Microsoft's biggest problem is that they've lost sight of customer/user-friendliness, which honestly I think used to be a strength of theirs.
  8. 0utf0xZer0
    2013-06-10 23:13
    0utf0xZer0
    Quote:
    Well, it's not so much that Sony was spectacular or anything like that.
    I sort of want to compliment Sony on pulling an elegant finishing move with the $399 pricetag but I honestly facepalmed when Microsoft anounced $499 - then $399 has been a consistent rumour for Sony.

So I guess we can add the Xbox One to the list of Microsoft products in the last year whose direction I dislike. Said list already includes Windows 8, Windows Phone 8, and Office 2013, so pretty much everything MS has put out in the consumer space in the 2012/2013. Which considering how much I use and like Windows 7/Office 2010 is just f***ing depressing.
  9. 0utf0xZer0
    2013-06-01 04:35
    0utf0xZer0
    I totally get that the combination of tech is there. But Microsoft of late has a decent track record on privacy related disclosure and a bad track record on shoveling DRM and user interfaces paradigms down users throats. And I'm not much into speculating. Especially in an environment where there's that much anger going around - even justified anger tends to cloud people's judgement IMO.

(Side note: This is way, way late, but I remember you making a post about murder in Sword Art Online and mounting an insanity defense on the basis that the accused went insane from being in the game too long. Can't speak for Japan, but IIRC, in Canada the insanity defense is not that simple. "The accused is insane" is not enough. For the accused to be found not criminally responsible, you need to show that their insanity was such that they did not understand that they were breaking the law.)
  10. Triple_R
    2013-05-31 19:08
    Triple_R
    You're likely much more tech savvy than I, so maybe there's some things I'm just not getting here that you are getting. However, I hope you would agree, at least, that the XBox One certainly raises eyebrows at least, from a privacy standpoint.