Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Urei

Notices

Conversation Between Urei and BetoJR
Showing Visitor Messages 21 to 30 of 240
  1. BetoJR
    2009-05-08 07:02
    BetoJR
    Adachi is an old man, tho.

What do you mean you don't like Cross Game? I thought you'd enjoyed it, reading it all at once.

So far, I've read Touch, Rough and Katsu. And I've watched the live-action movies for both Touch and Rough (they even have the same leading actress - could that be a slight on Adachi's seemingly never changing art style?), both of which are quite nice. If I have to say, probably my favorite so far is Rough - perhaps, having lived the life of a school swimming athlete myself, I can relate to it better. And I enjoy the "rough sketch" metaphor. Not to mention the love declaration at the end - it was just... perfect.

I'm now getting H2 (manga, anime and live action drama) and Slow Step (anime). And I have Miyuki on slate for later. See, I told you I've turned into a fanboy...

Right now, tho, I'm sprawling in bed with a very sore knee and watching Diebuster. It's so stupid, it's funny.
  2. Urei
    2009-05-08 06:44
    Urei
    Haha, well, I can't seem to find anything that would keep me around that manga. I don't know, there's something that I don't like about it. Can't place it.

Have you read any other of her works?
  3. BetoJR
    2009-05-08 04:43
    BetoJR
    Oh God, I've turned into such an Adachi little fanboy-bitch, after Cross Game, it's not even funny... Being sick and off-work certainly helped the current state of affairs, tho.
  4. BetoJR
    2009-05-06 06:11
    BetoJR
    You're absolutely right. Too bad importing is so expensive.

So, are you keeping up with Cross Game? I just read the manga up to chapter 138 and, man... I cannot wait to see how this ends - and how the anime will handle some of the scenes. And I disagree with you that there is no progress between Koh and Aoba. It's just that both are still completely held back by Wakaba's presence, and so they tiptoe meekly around their feelings for each other. Very cute, actually.
    I just hope Akane doesn't share her fate. That would be too much, I think.
  5. Urei
    2009-05-05 08:16
    Urei
    Yup, I know what you mean. It's good to have the original dvd. Nothing beats the feeling of using your dvd player and TV
  6. BetoJR
    2009-05-05 07:21
    BetoJR
    No, I got the DVD itself. I spoiled myself, last month. It's a really nice package. Too bad there are no readable subs - for me, at least.

As for the MKV, sometimes it's easier to watch - specially on the PC. But I like those that have chapters, like most animes these days; you know, where you can jump to the OP, or to the anime itself, the second part, the credits and the preview? I guess I'm hoping for too much, here...
  7. Urei
    2009-05-05 07:14
    Urei
    Well, it's only one video. I have that 2.5 gb mkv so..., which dvd file have you got?
  8. BetoJR
    2009-05-05 06:58
    BetoJR
    It would probably have been glorious, as you said. Hey, did your file have ordered chapters? The MKV I got didn't... The DVD has some nice chapter division.
  9. Urei
    2009-05-05 04:55
    Urei
    Thank you! Finally managed to download it. it's amazing, as i thought it would be. I can't imagine how glorious would it be to actually participate in that concert...
  10. BetoJR
    2009-05-04 13:40
    BetoJR
    So, did you get it? If not, here's a link.