AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Urei

Notices

Conversation Between Urei and BetoJR
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 10 of 240
  1. Urei
    2009-07-09 06:51
    Urei
    Yep, watch it and experience it yourself. There's nothing like a first hand experience. It's also good to know that it's only a recreation set in an alternate reality. Good thing it didn't follow the Eureka manga. Wouldn't like to have all the characters I like killed off so that Renton and Eureka can get their happy end...
  2. BetoJR
    2009-07-09 05:49
    BetoJR
    Yeah, the general consensus towards E7's movie hasn't been all that good. But I loved the series so much, I have to watch it.

As for Eva, yeah, the second movie just came out in the land of the rising sun. Gonna wait for a good while, before seeing that...
  3. Urei
    2009-07-08 23:58
    Urei
    Mm, so we're about the same. I'm waiting for those titles as well I've seen Eureka Movie and I was not impressed, I'd even say that I was hugely disappointed. The story was so-so, developments were rushed as hell and the whole thing was packed with information to the point where it all became a blur of strings of random sentences. And... coup de grāce was Eureka shouting 11x 'Renton' in 30 seconds... followed by a similar combo by Renton. And here I though that Gundam Seed with it's "Kira...Lacus...Kira...Lacus" every now and then was annoying...

mm, if I recall correctly, the third movie hasn't been released yet, right? I hope to see something better although I... I won't hold my hopes up. After all, shocking with something like that is the only thing they have left for milking Evangelion for some more money.
  4. BetoJR
    2009-07-08 17:07
    BetoJR
    I'm having some PC problems myself, but I'm fixing it with the purchase of a new one.

About the "watch list", well... I'm definitely gonna catch Tokyo Magnitude 8.0, and I'm already on board for Umineko and Canaan. Caught the first episode of Needless, but I'm not sure I'll keep watching it; we'll see.
    Other than that, I'll try to watch the Eureka Seven movie and Ponyo this weekend.

As for my Eva-fanboy side... I find these new developments way more palatable than anything that came out after episode 24. And I quite like the last two original episodes of the TV series, myself. Just don't get me started on The End of Eva and Rebirth...
    The first movie is simply gorgeous on Blu-Ray...
  5. Urei
    2009-07-08 14:39
    Urei
    Net loss then pc problems and accompanied by a huge dosage of laziness in fixing that

That's good to hear anything new you've got there on your 'to watch' list? I kinda lost interest right now. All those 'service' productions, and this new version of Evangelion.... makes me want to squirm with pain every time I hear about it. Renewal, Reprisal, what's next? Evangelion: Reactivation , Evangelion: Revolutions? I must say, I'll never accept those productions as Evangelion.

On a side note, I'm getting quite anxious about the movies. I really hope Quakmon won't blew everything to smiters trying to retell Frontier so that Ranka has proper fundaments to get Alto at the end...
  6. BetoJR
    2009-07-08 14:05
    BetoJR
    Yeah, lotsa drama while you were away. What happened, by the way?

Oh, I'm doing better, these days. At least, no more crutches or physiotherapy for a while.

As for the MF movies, I can only hope for the best, while fearing another troll by The Hory Froating Head...
  7. Urei
    2009-07-07 11:06
    Urei
    Good to be back ^^

Good lord, I missed this forum so much. So many new info, especially those two movies. Hate to say say the 'I said so' phrase but I simply have to There's a good chance it'll become a continuation. If so, then Kawamori really got his way with us. Not to mention that false interview-gate conspiracy ;/

And about raile, I'm just getting back at her She actually posted that while having Michael avatar just to annoy me. Good thing I waited it out until she changed it to something different. Precise counterattack

How have you been, Beto?
  8. BetoJR
    2009-07-07 10:19
    BetoJR
    Good Lord... Love declarations, jealousy... what more can we hope for upon your return, mate?
  9. BetoJR
    2009-05-23 14:02
    BetoJR
    I will. Is there any significant difference between the anime and the manga? I mean, any censorship (like Akemi's wardrobe or the love scenes)?
  10. Urei
    2009-05-23 09:52
    Urei
    Great,

You know, I really loved Maison Ikkoku anime. The proposal was an amazing scene. One of the most memorable ones. Be sure to check it out! Really, although I loved all of them.