Showing Visitor Messages 61 to 70 of 256
  1. Arabesque
    2010-04-01 11:26
    Arabesque
    My fears became true, Stan Lee is in Heroman
  2. Shiroth
    2010-03-22 18:08
    Shiroth
    No i knew you weren't being serious :3. I was just letting you know in case you didn't. Sorry.
  3. Arabesque
    2010-03-22 18:05
    Arabesque
    I hope you didn't actually I was being serious when I said you lied I could read the dates of the posts you know. don't tell me that you had humor taken out of you (or is it just my lame jokes that are unfunny)
  4. Shiroth
    2010-03-22 17:35
    Shiroth
    At that time when i said it to you, i didn't know the show moving to Monday were repeats.
  5. Arabesque
    2010-03-22 14:33
    Arabesque
    So I just checked the Gintama thread and Shiroth, you lied to me. Gintama is ending!
    FMA is ending, Gintama is ending, RC is ending. My whole world is crumpling!
  6. Shiroth
    2010-03-17 04:41
    Shiroth
    Epic avatar is epic. Great choice.

Yeah it's far from a perfect adaptation, though as a manga fan i've been very pleased with it, and i'm even starting to rewatch it this week . As for the first anime, i just can't stand it. Personally i can see why it has such a fanbase, though the anime original material just rubs me the wrong way.

& you'd be fine in the Gintama thread because we all use spoiler tags. But yeah the time slot for the show is moving to Mondays.
  7. Arabesque
    2010-03-17 04:14
    Arabesque
    TA DA! New avy at last!

Sorry it took a while getting back to you, it’s been all kinds of crazy here yesterday.

While Brotherhood has had moments where it didn't do justice to the manga, I think overall it was quite good (sans the rushed beginning) and had even moments where it was better than the original (like Ed punching the gates of truth). But I wasn't really looking for a perfect adaption, because it is like you said impossible to make it. Also I don't like it anyway when they stick too close to the original source and prefer when they branch out a bit more (which is one of the reasons I liked the first adaption as well).

I'm kinda afraid to venture into the Gintama thread because I am still a fair bit behind, but I am guessing that it won't end soon, huh? So is it a rumour or is this a case of the show trying to trick everyone again ?
  8. Shiroth
    2010-03-15 17:02
    Shiroth
    I'm just glad i'm getting my wish that both the manga and Brotherhood will end around the same time. Talk about the ultimate of awesome.

Truly is a shame how Brotherhood started, though as a manga reader i still enjoyed it. Just a shame that this isn't the perfect adaptation, what with a lot of the comedy being taken out and all, though like i've said a few times in the thread, and can see why they're doing so. Oh, and you have a avatar ready to use? I wonder what it is.

& regarding Gintama ending, go check the anime thread.
  9. Arabesque
    2010-03-15 16:55
    Arabesque
    Yeah, it will be hard to think that after it is all over, there won't be FMA to look out to every month from now on. Of course, it won't really be over till the last volume is released but still

And yeah, Brotherhood really took off after the rushed first cour, and has really been quite awesome every since.

And yes, I need to change my avy to FMA related soon, but I'll do that 17th (because of a bet I lost <_<) I already have one I want to use in stock.

And speaking of things that are going to end soon, I just learned that the Gintama anime is ending as well
  10. Shiroth
    2010-03-15 16:44
    Shiroth
    Yeah i've been attached to this title for such a long time. I don't even want to imagine what i'm going to be like the day it ends. At least we have the oh so awesome adaptation going on along side it, which is great.

In other news, you need a FMA related avatar.