Thank you!
  4. Triple_R
    2014-12-13 19:11
    Triple_R
    Happy birthday!
  5. Arabesque
    2012-05-22 17:01
    Arabesque
    Hey man, sorry about the extra late reply on the Hyouka thread. I probably should've said something much sooner, but I wasn't really at the time able to answer you fully at the time due to being somewhat busy IRL.

How have you been lately? Liking how things had been so far?
  6. Arabesque
    2012-05-11 00:49
    Arabesque
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
    I say that because of the care I see in the writing of this show. Part of the reason why I went with "Smooth" as the one word to sum up Hyou-Ka's strengths is the meticulous care I see in how this show is developing its characters, and moving its plot along. It's very, well, smooth. Not exactly exciting, but impressively handled without a sense of uneven pacing or jarring scene transitions.
    Do you think that's really a strength of the writing, or the visual direction though?

I found that there were more details begin unveiled via the art, animation or even via Oreki's imaginative spots than I seen through the dialogue. Heck, in a lot of way I think the transitions between the scenes is as you put it smooth due to how well the direction had been.

Not that I disagree with you, but I'm interested in what you think the writing had a hook other than what I've seen.
  7. Arabesque
    2012-04-28 09:40
    Arabesque
    Being the huge Chidamari Sketch Madoka Magica that you are, I was wondering if your interested in leaving some thoughts in the thread about the man behind the story.

It would certainly take a load off what I'm writing but seriously, I'd love to hear your thoughts
  8. Arabesque
    2012-03-18 03:59
    Arabesque
    I like Hare because she's the one person in the cast I would actually love to have her as a friend. She has a balanced personality, overly nice but wont allow others to walk over her, caring without being clingy, she's humble and shy without being withdrawn and insecure, she is kind to everyone and supports her friends, and most importantly she wants to stand by Shu for the sort of person he is (for reasons that escape me but itslovewhatcanyoudo.jpg) and support him no matter what he does, and actively try and make him see where he is going wrong and help him to not make mistakes.

In short, the sort of person you'd relay on when you are in trouble, the sort of friend that you can trust, and the sort of girl you'd want to be around with.

I'd like to go a bit more into Arisa's character as well, but I'd rather wait till the show is over before saying my piece about her.
    Quote:
    Why Shu considered Inori to be the only one to always stand by him.
    Even after becoming Jesus, Shu remains a dick to the bitter end

Well, that was the only logical conclusion since even after his awakening as Jesus, he's still a horny teenager who had one girl till many times ''use me as you like'' and let him touch her chest, and the other one who refused to let him take advantage of her feelings (and her body) when he was being pathetic because she wanted to snap him out of his funk and actually get to be a better person ... Ah, the glory it is to be stupid 16 years old, when you judge how people stood by you according to how much favors they had given you, not if they actually stood by you or not lol
  9. Triple_R
    2012-03-18 01:34
    Triple_R
    Nice post on Guilty Crown! I like how you and I both like Hare a lot. I'd be curious to know why she's your favorite.

Also, thanks for the great insights into:

1. Arisa's character.

2. Why Shu considered Inori to be the only one to always stand by him.
  10. Triple_R
    2012-03-16 12:28
    Triple_R
    Thanks a lot for that great VM! I might reply to it more thoroughly in the future.

On the topic of the Direction... I do see where you're coming from here. But I think the reason why the fanservice in Guilty Crown usual works well for me is because the broader aesthetics makes that fanservice relatively fresh.

I mean, most sexual fanservice involves pantyshots, breast grabs (some of these totally outside the realm of how people act in normal life), or nudity (often accompanied by copious amounts of steam, lol). Guilty Crown typically avoids these more cliched (and often facepalm-y) methods by going with sleek, sexy, tight-fitting attire that shows off the curves and forms of the female characters wearing it. The freshness of the approach makes it feel oddly less pandering to me, and more creative, so I appreciate the eroticism of it more than I do more cliche fanservice.

I think it helps that it's usually quick. It doesn't linger long enough to be "in your face", imo.

But yeah, I'll leave it at that for now. I might have more to say later.