Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Archon_Wing

Notices

Conversation Between Archon_Wing and SPARTAN 119
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 10 of 28
  1. Archon_Wing
    2018-06-18 23:07
    Archon_Wing
    Well, magical girl shows and fanservice do not mix for the most part for some reason.

Right, I mean season 2 seemed to make a lot of the cast become invisible. I think that trend actually set off somewhere at the end of the 1st season, and part of what I didn't like about that whole yuri ship tease. It came at the cost of that, and of course just got tossed out anyways so boo wasting people's time xD

Right I think I'll be doing a yearly blog at this rate xD Dang it's been a month; you think something really bad happened?

Go student council members xD Lucia isn't too bad being basically tsundere Mai as their stories are actually pretty much the same. But the anime poorly portrayed.... everything. And as for her chest, unfortunately R07 I believe admitted to liking huge breasts a lot (note Mion, Shion, and a lot of the Umi cast) . For some of his latest work he also introduced this character: https://whentheycry.miraheze.org/wiki/Fuhka_Takatori who's basically a bustier Rika or Bern. Either way no good and not very pleasing to some of our friends. But there was that scene Kotarou grabbed her butt thogh! (rekt by skirt) and as I've always said, talking about Key fanservice leads nowhere fast. (And then Kyoani didn't help either by making Tomoyo and Kyou's boobs bounce while having Saintly Nagisa. xD Well, it's not her fault her ability is like that xD
  2. SPARTAN 119
    2018-06-14 17:31
    SPARTAN 119
    Fair enough with regard to Mahou Shoujo Site doing better, with the obvious exception of fanservice.

As for Euphonium, I noticed it was a movie rather than a full-length series, and indeed for introducing more characters having potential for pitfalls, as seen in Nanoha, especially once you get to ViViD and things really get out of hand. The issue with giraffe necks has been discussed repeated in this comment page, even if, for some inexplicable reason the no one else seems to have complained about it.

I guess it's much the same with you as it was with me- I was about to post another blog entry, specifically Hayate's to finish off the Nanoha trio. Indeed for AnimeSuki not working as well as MAL, but at least the stuff in private messages doesn't appear to be filtered, given the stuff I have sent in the past.

Speaking of blog, not sure if you saw this, but Topaz did another blog you might be interested in: https://hollenbach.wikia.com/wiki/Ex...mous_Class_Rep That's right, it's Lucia's turn. Of course, he doesn't score her well as Tomoyo, apparently she loses a lot of points for her build, including having some rather mamocentric measurements (though I think she does get an ass shot in the otherwise sub-par anime... I'd almost say it could use a Rewrite... OK, sorry for the horrible pun), and he also counted off as she poisons almost anyone who touches her. You can be the judge of rather that's fair.
  3. Archon_Wing
    2018-06-14 00:24
    Archon_Wing
    Yea, that summaraizes a lot of things. Though at least it's gotten somewhat decent. Not fanservice of course. xD

Yea, they're doing a followup movie that will continue the series though not sure if introducing even more characters is a good idea when there's quite a few half baked ones; reminds me of late Nanoha. And boo girafee necks xD And then MAL dies when I started on a blog entry of course. That's good to know; not really sure if AS is really a good base because of the lack of social media features as well as stricter rules involving stuff.... though I guess it'll have to do without a better platform or some kind of chat app.
  4. SPARTAN 119
    2018-06-12 22:04
    SPARTAN 119
    Well, at least that's one thing, but clearly not enough. As for Mahou Shoujo Site, I stopped following that a long time ago.

Indeed for the whole skirt thing being the least fanservice-y outfit, even though they are fetishized by the Japanese. Still, indeed we are getting better Euphonium art, let's hope they reject the Liz art style as a failed experiment (not that they should have tried it in the first place) and continue with the TV series style if they decide to continue with the franchise. At the very least, let's hope the plague of stupidly long necks in the fanart ends.

As for Pixiv, indeed for it becoming more English friendly, and it actually isn't completely down- I can still browse and favorite images, I just can't send messages. Apparently only some people are having this problem, because Topaz can send messages, and I can even receive them- he tested it a couple days ago. Still enough to be annoying, though. Speaking of which, Topaz is now on AnimeSuki if you haven't noticed: https://forums.animesuki.com/member.php?u=269854
  5. Archon_Wing
    2018-06-12 15:27
    Archon_Wing
    Well at least this character had something going for her in Mahou Shoujo Site finally and no....

Spoiler:

As for that and the Eupho pic, yea the skirt's always been a thing which is ironically funny that skirts are actually the least fanservicey thing in anime regardless of how short they get and that is silly given how much it gets fetishized. But at least we're getting more standard Eupho art and less of that Liz one. And the most recent pervy attempt at that well, I'm not discussing.

It's good that Pixiv is becoming more English friendly but it picked a really bad time to go down. And that does suck; we should really get an alternate form of contact. At least you guys know where I am! xD
  6. SPARTAN 119
    2018-06-09 00:58
    SPARTAN 119
    Meant to put this here, but accidentally put in on my own profile:

Indeed for the Kumiko ass shot, but unfortunately covered by her skirt as usual. Also, wasn't aware of the Harukana anime, but I might watch it if that pic is an indication of what is typical for the series. Indeed for the thing about removing glasses being up there with haircuts. Indeed for Tomoyo doing will with Topaz. Also, makes sense of Key characters working weird with glasses.

As for Pixiv, it is, mostly, but they are translating a lot of the tags, and most of the main features are translated. Unfortunately, it picked this moment to start fucking up. Just a few minutes ago I tried replying to Topaz, only for Pixiv to display a "you can't submit this comment" error message. I searched on Google, and other people have had the same issue, and apparently even creating a new account doesn't solve it. I tried using a different computer, and even then I get the same error message. As a last ditch attempt, I tried messaging Topaz's wiki, but I'm not sure how often he looks on there. Have to hope Pixiv and/or MAL unfuck themselves soon, because until then, I have no real way of chatting with anyone not on here.
  7. Archon_Wing
    2018-06-08 13:01
    Archon_Wing
    I thought someone would notice Kumiko's butt is right in the center of the pic though as usual it's sorta a non issue. But speaking of that : https://forums.animesuki.com/showthr...76#post6242476

I also thought that putting glasses on Key characters given the huge eyes was always silly, considering that Clannad had 2 glasses characters but none were wearing them long. It's even more annoying when every time an anime has a glasses fetish, they inevitably take it off which is somewhere up there with haircuts being lame.

But of course, Tomoyo is a busty girl with glasses, so good for Topaz I guess xD And the rest, well, Kyoani. Sadly the only fanservice they had in Clannad anime was the worst kind, and as always should stay away from that kind of thing.

Also, Pixiv? Always thought that was more of a Japanese speaking place. Maybe Discord is a good option.
  8. SPARTAN 119
    2018-06-08 12:45
    SPARTAN 119
    Sorry for not replying earlier- been chatting with most of the other people I usually talk to on MAL via Pixiv, so I haven't checked here. Either way, glad to see KyoAni regained their common sense as far as character designs, thank Madoka for that. Not sure it's quite reached Nanoha levels yet, but I know what you mean. Speaking of characters, considering it's the second year, not sure Euphonium will be quite the same without Asuka-senpai.

Speaking of which, did you Topaz's blog on Tomoyo? As MAL is down, he posted it here: http://hollenbach.wikia.com/wiki/Exa...Wonderful_Life!
  9. Archon_Wing
    2018-06-03 14:12
    Archon_Wing
    https://forums.animesuki.com/showthr...45#post6242845

Back to the better designs. Also, this is starting to remind of Nanoha with new characters constantly popping up.
  10. Archon_Wing
    2016-12-25 00:49
    Archon_Wing
    And a happy new year!