AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Dann of Thursday

Notices

Conversation Between Dann of Thursday and KrimzonStriker
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 10 of 2360
  1. Dann of Thursday
    2020-04-08 20:02
    Dann of Thursday
    Hey! I'm managing. Gonna be working from home for a while through May at least which has been weird. Don't seem to be sick at least though some of my family got it. How are you doing? I know New York was one of the hot spots.
  2. KrimzonStriker
    2020-03-31 21:37
    KrimzonStriker
    Yo man, thought I'd check to see if you were doing okay what with how crazy things have been recently. Send my a ping however here or through email and just let me if you're doing alright and staying safe
  3. Dann of Thursday
    2019-11-11 12:04
    Dann of Thursday
    Hope you're doing well. Probably short notice and I have no idea if you planned to go or even had time, but there's a convention in NYC this coming weekend it seems that'll have some CG panels. I guess writer Okouchi, the main artist Kimura, and Yukana are guests. They're also doing autograph sessions if you preorder the film there (comes out February).
  4. Dann of Thursday
    2019-09-28 23:36
    Dann of Thursday
    Hey, no problem. Hope you're doing alright. Been busy on my side with work mainly, but that's nothing new. Hope you're vacation goes well! I've been hearing a bit about it. The company behind it has released some other games, though they always seemed to have some things holding them back. Haven't had a chance to check it out too much myself. I recently finished a game called Control that I really enjoyed in terms of the world and lore. Some really cool sequences in it too.
  5. KrimzonStriker
    2019-09-09 13:49
    KrimzonStriker
    Hey again Dann, sorry I haven't done any follow up, things got a bit hectic the last month and they'll continue to be so for the following week so thanks for the patience regarding my response. Planning for a last minute vacation invite next month so I needed to take care of a lot of outlying business beforehand. In the meantime though I did want to ask if you've heard of this new game called Greedfall that's coming out tomorrow. I'm really liking what I see from it thus far, it captures a lot of the old school dragon age feel despite being from a smaller studio and it's a fantasy steam age type of setting with actual gunpowder weapons going against mystical creatures though, which you don't get a lot of in video games. Let me know your impressions once you've had a chance to check it out for yourself, and look forward to my full response soon, got a lot to catch up on.
  6. KrimzonStriker
    2019-07-29 16:49
    KrimzonStriker
    Yo, sorry I've been out of it, didn't notice you'd replied until last week. This weeks a little bit busy so mind hanging tight until next? Got a lot to talk about, between the last anime season, the future seasons, recent games, and all the events going on in Japan right now (Best of wishes to KyoAni and hope they manage to comeback from this...)
  7. Dann of Thursday
    2019-06-19 10:53
    Dann of Thursday
    Someone did what I thought was a decent breakdown on how things may be working with C's World.

https://codetrainwreck.tumblr.com/po...-the-ending-of
  8. Dann of Thursday
    2019-06-17 23:50
    Dann of Thursday
    I mean they never brought it up again after that episode even when there were tons of moments where it would have been appropriate. They even could have kept up not letting us hear it. Maybe we'll get it in that death scene I'm expecting. I got the impression what she was doing was trying to get C's World back in order which was why she needed Nunnally since I guess her presence dispersed Charles and Marianne? You notice the whole place starts looking more and more put together every time she goes in and that she was pretty much aiming for world reconstruction like Charles was. Given that it was described as a system, maybe it could be thought of someone making repairs to it so that it may be used again? I don't think they have much more to contribute honestly. I think it might be cooler to instead stay in the real world and deal with threats there. Maybe introduce another Code Bearer? You'd have to come up with where they were but that could be danced around like them isolating themselves or perhaps having been imprisoned by the Order. There's always Evil Skull! I'll grant that Marianne's whole thing was very rushed and Charles didn't exactly do much, though given how his plan was he didn't really need to.

Just throwing things out there. I just think in a world that's largely peaceful you could still have cool robot fights this way. Build Fighters would be another example, though that of course it with models.

Also, the Gekkoei was totally a Zeong reference right? I'd really like a model/figure of that thing though I don't think it actually had any weapons.

Anything out of E3 catch your eye? I thought FFVIIR had a fantastic showing though I do wonder how long it'll take to actually get the full game.
  9. Dann of Thursday
    2019-06-17 23:39
    Dann of Thursday
    Apologies on the huge delay here.

I'd imagine it will be sometime out this year in the fall perhaps. Haven't seen anything else yet.

Yeah, but it still seemed like it wasn't totally back to normal and then you had Chamna dying and all those Geass fragments scattering. I don't think they're merged. I think she has an incomplete one like Lelouch does, which is why they have both. Her conversation with C.C. has some bit where her reason being twisted and that caused her Geass to change, which I guess sort of goes back to some stuff from the first season. That whole thing with the skull was weird in general. I don't know if we necessarily need it explored more than we generally have, but getting a better idea on the rules would be quite helpful. I think the idea is that a bunch of the souls present in C's World helped him out the first time when they were getting his memories back and then the second time when he was with Nunnally.

I don't know, if you look at scenes where it is visible and then look at others it isn't present like at the end. It's either a weird animation error or it's vanishing/moving. If it's incomplete that may even make sense since it's never really made clear what benefit he gets out of it. That could make sense, but she seems to get them before he actually declares the order and we get the little brainwave change animation which I thought was interesting.

Yeah, she seemed to know how it all worked when C.C. was explaining about Lelouch though perhaps not the specifics. Probably saw her get a killed a few times. Surprised we never saw Lloyd asking her questions about it since it seems the sort of thing he'd be intrigued by, though maybe it happened off screen or he never had the chance. He seemed pretty curious when she was explaining how it works. Yeah, thinking on it more it would make sense those sightings like that would be the source and perhaps just in general how conspiracy theories always turn up. You'd have thought she might do a better job of disguising him, though in that state it might have been too much of a hassle. Still wondering why they went for a movie specifically. The series was always super popular so I would imagine a sequel would have done well, though maybe a movie is more of a sure bet. I just find myself hesitant regarding that since it feels like luck this turned out as well as it did even with the problems.

Oh yeah, they actually had Nunnally in that outright see the main universe or something, right? I'm not really surprised honestly. They were vague about it in the show and other works by Taniguchi have had stuff like this where it's left super vague on how some aspects to the world work.

They sort of did though I guess they didn't outright state that's what those were. Curious if a bunch of random people are going to get Geass now. I wonder if they'll gather them together into a group and then fight bad Geass users. They could call themselves the G-Men or maybe G-Rangers. Isn't it just getting an OVA? I can't imagine the whole thing is going to be covered.

I dunno, I could see them going the sad route and have that whole "die smiling" thing come to pass. Maybe they get a few years at least. It just feels like such an obvious thing to do I almost can't see them passing up on it.
  10. KrimzonStriker
    2019-05-15 15:09
    KrimzonStriker
    No no no, I will not accept this now that the 10 year plan is out, now is the perfect time to reexamine each of the characters as they reinvent themselves, maybe visit places from C.C's past and get a better picture of everything, but I will seriously lead a fan revolt if this question isn't answered at some point over the course of the plan, I'm telling you Dann! That wasn't my impression C.C said Charles and probably Marianne since she appeared in the black pearl too, were acting as a wedge of some kind. Shamna based on what she said was primarily just trying to tap into C.C's world to expand her Geass power and basically rewrite history so I don't feel there was a direct link to her activities and what was happening with Charles and Marianne etc, so there's still hope. With Zilkhstan subdued we'll need more antagonists in the end for the future Dann, and Charles and Marianne would be perfect IMO as an overarching threat compared to starting from scratch again, it'll mean more and given the setup of Lelouch and C.C. investigating geass stuff it's pretty much perfect for them to remain as long running antagonists. If we're honest they didn't even appear that often in the series proper I will remind you, with maybe 2 episode of actual villany from Charles as an opponent and 1 for Marianne upon her return, so there's still plenty of juice there to squeeze I feel.

I wouldn't mind one of two segments like that, the anime devoted a few episodes to such excursions after all. Don't know about an IGPX like transition though, long running fans are kind of used to the violence, conflict, and drama aspect so it might be too much to make a total shift there, but it might be nice to have it in some cases/form, who really knows though.