Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Triple_R

Notices

Conversation Between Triple_R and Last Sinner
Showing Visitor Messages 251 to 260 of 571
  1. Last Sinner
    2014-06-05 21:06
    Last Sinner
    Looks fine to me - aside from the legs. The thighs are way too long and those knees look so fragile that they would snap at a moment's notice.

You seriously sound like you could use a dose of Simoun. Yuri it is, but fluffy it is definitely not. Elegant yet quite bloody would be more like it.
  2. Triple_R
    2014-06-05 20:01
    Triple_R
    We're talking about the new promo vid available here. From what I gathered, it was just released, and it's now up on YouTube.

I don't think it's terrible or anything. Actually, some of it is very nice. I just don't like how the characters' legs look.

By the way, good Visitor Message on Sakura Trick. I've had it stalled for awhile now, due to a certain tiredness with... I guess you could call "pure moe"... over the last little while. It's not just Sakura Trick, it's also left me stalling some other "fluffier" shows. I'm sure I'll be in the mood for them eventually, and once I am, I'll finish off Sakura Trick. It is a cute and funny show.
  3. Last Sinner
    2014-06-05 19:29
    Last Sinner
    So where's this footage that people are getting ticked off about the Sailor Moon remake?
  4. Last Sinner
    2014-05-28 02:12
    Last Sinner
    Was finally in the right frame of mind to finish Sakura Trick. Probably....8.75/10 or so for me. It gave me something in droves most series don't - fun. Yeah, it's simple, hardly deep. But it's fun, it's cute without being creepy, it overall managed to do female-female without being too silly or the 'it's just a phase' malarkey. The fact it ended on a 'so you really both love each other' note was crucial and a relief to see. It may not have the humour level of a Minami-ke or Azumanga Daioh, Mitsuki ended up being somewhat annoying/misused in the end. But overall, it worked. It's quite a shame this will never be able to show all three years of their high school, because it deserved it.
  5. Last Sinner
    2014-05-25 10:09
    Last Sinner
    For the record, Simoun actually fits your criteria the most, but you said male/female. Simoun is almost all female. Think of it as what you'd get if you combined Marimite and Valrave.
  6. Last Sinner
    2014-05-25 09:56
    Last Sinner
    I don't think I've ever seen more men simultaneously laugh in one moment than I did see last night when Hugh Jackman's bare butt was on display. Virtually every guy in there laughed their face off for about 1 minute. See, this is why I try to tell those people in that service thread that men aren't as turned off by that kind of service as people think - because they will laugh themselves silly aka they find it funny. Whereas you won't find women laughing their face off at a naked woman, would you?

I'm just tired of live-action movies full stop. I'm beginning to think The Dark Knight may be the only exception to all this madness for a very long time.

Well, I tried. Your criteria were somewhat hard to fulfill.
  7. Triple_R
    2014-05-25 09:45
    Triple_R
    I'm actually getting tired of superhero movies now. Back around when Tobey Maguire was playing Spider-Man, they were great. Very exciting. Wonderful to see these beloved characters of my kid/teenage years on the big screen.

But Marvel is seriously overdoing it, and DC is getting overly desperate in playing catch-up. Marvel is probably simply running out of good ideas for these movies, and it's probably starting to show.

And while I loved X-Men as a kid, and the first couple of X-Men movies, the franchise has almost always been a bit too dependent on a few key characters (Xavier, Wolverine, Cyclops, Magneto). And yeah, the female character side of the franchise could definitely use some work. Maybe more Emma Frost would have helped.

Thanks for your recent anime recommendations, by the way.
  8. Last Sinner
    2014-05-25 09:33
    Last Sinner
    So I saw a thread discussing a time travel theme for the local convention.

12 hours later, not a single person had mentioned Steins;Gate.....

I sometimes wonder what on earth people look for in what they watch anymore.

Speaking of Steins;Gate - the new X-Men movie blatantly rips off the D-mail method of time travel, uses Rogue's abilities as an excuse and uses it sub-par to boot. It was nowhere near as bad as the recent Spiderman movie, but....it was still lacking. There were effectively no female characters (either all appearing for about 1-2 minutes or Mystique/Raven being labelled as the reason for everything going to hell when it was freaking Xavier and Magneto being arses in general that screwed everything up), there was eff all conflict/everyone suddenly agreed/accepted Wolverine's claims far too easily and the ending was reboot everyone to keep this franchise going at least a decade longer. *sigh* As for why I went, mother demanded it...*shrug*
  9. Last Sinner
    2014-05-20 09:46
    Last Sinner
    So, how have you been, R3?

I've been snowed down in assignments and preparing for AVCon, so I've been quiet of late.

Was in a bit of a block after finishing Steins;Gate but started Simoun tonight.
  10. Last Sinner
    2014-04-09 08:50
    Last Sinner
    The main point of frustration for me this week was Irregular at High School Magic. That first episode was slow, bland and cut out a key scene from the start of the manga. The sister has a magic battle and utterly owns face. It's crucial in establishing a sense of equality between the two siblings and that the sister isn't just a mere brother-lover. But within a few minutes, I could tell those adapting this title are keen on cutting her down and making the brother look superior from the get go. Not to mention removing the shounen/action aspect, which was essential in keeping things interesting in the manga amidst the info dumps. I expected a few adaptations to go wrong, but this was one I thought they wouldn't botch. Guess I was wrong, but better wrong about this than other titles I'm sticking with.

Your instincts were right. This adaptation is going right for the fetishes and the tropes. A real shame.