AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Dann of Thursday

Notices

Conversation Between Dann of Thursday and KrimzonStriker
Showing Visitor Messages 21 to 30 of 2362
  1. KrimzonStriker
    2019-03-28 00:34
    KrimzonStriker
    Yo Dann, just wanted to let you know I'm prepping for a trip to DC, any response to any message you send in the next few weeks might be delayed. Hope you're doing well in the meantime, and I'll be sure to respond when I get back. Cya then
  2. KrimzonStriker
    2019-03-07 21:44
    KrimzonStriker
    Ah, good to hear. Sounds like fun, hope one day I can go down there myself, always wanted to visit.

Again though, the only real change of any lasting consequence was Shirley, and other change in the movies we saw were just in response to cut content for the most part. And again, Shirley herself was utterly replaceable in terms of her actual role. Well, probably just the end of Lelouch and C.C. as main characters I bet... probably. Any future story will probably involve them as side characters while they continue exploring Geass. So hopefully we do learn more about it and them at some point *cough* C.C's real name *cough* Potentially into like the far future even as they wander the earth together (personally think Lelouch is immortal since he came back to life but I bet he just lacks the ability to give out Geass contracts etc, while his own Geass seems to have also weakened from what it was before based on the clips we've seen in english)

Well, it seems to be doing well/is popular at least over in Japan so I think that's encouraging and given how highly regarded it is among American fans there's a good chance it is. Worst case scenario we wait for the DVD or something to stream it ourselves. Speaking of the American release I'm actually curious enough to wait/delay a few days when it debuts to see if I can't catch the dub version of the movie along with the sub, I'm wondering if they really managed to get most of the old english cast back for this one myself.
  3. Dann of Thursday
    2019-02-24 20:36
    Dann of Thursday
    Had a trip to New Orleans last week that it feels like I'm still recovering from. Sorry on delays.

I wouldn't say correct, just similar in a number of regards. It's not 1:1 exactly and even with the more fleshed out summaries it seems like some things remain unexplained. Which is sort of weird since they indicated this to be the last word regarding Lelouch and C.C.

Yeah, looking forward to seeing it and hopefully it comes near me like the Broly movie did.
  4. KrimzonStriker
    2019-02-13 12:05
    KrimzonStriker
    Same, had to peel back a couple of 4chan posts but I got enough consitency amongst them to get the gist or what happened, and I'm generally satisfied and feel pretty vindicated on all fields from the theory being more or less correct and on which ship finally seems to have won out in the end

That's what I've been telling you, this whole alternate canon is BS in my view and we might as well just call it a recanon or new canon personally, with only one real change to be honest and even then that change was really inconsequential as I thought Shirley would be.

Anyway, new trailer has dropped, posting a link for you to check out

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hk2d8CG4kdQ
  5. Dann of Thursday
    2019-02-12 21:24
    Dann of Thursday
    Gotcha. I did find a good summary of events that also plugs in photos from trailers/the pamphlet given at the theater and gives an order to things. Still missing some details, but it's the most complete one I've seen.

Additionally, there is one new KMF in the movie that has to be a reference to Gundam.

Well, it's not a complete copy of that old theory and adds it's own twists to things. Honestly, I'm a bit annoyed thus far that it sounds like they don't really go into the details of things too much. And there's also that this is canon to the movies and not R2, though I don't see any reason why it couldn't happen there.

Saw that one a bit. The actual music video for that song is kind of hilarious actually. I'll include below the opening scene from the movie with subs applied. It was on a DVD that you got for I think preordering tickets. I've been hearing good things about it, but haven't had a chance to sit down and watch quite yet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xYjwxtzPBfg
  6. KrimzonStriker
    2019-02-10 16:58
    KrimzonStriker
    Hey, thought I'd throw in a cool music promo from the Ed song of the Ressurection movie while I'm at it. Seems like an appropriate song and I'm basically humming it whenever I look at something Code Geass related now Also want to recommend that new Gen:lock series by Rooster Teeth, I'm really starting to dig it personally and I love the voice cast they got for it as well, including Japanese Spike Spiegel of all people

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JBedyadQna4
  7. KrimzonStriker
    2019-02-09 21:41
    KrimzonStriker
    Let's hold until we both see for ourselves, some stuff is weirdly contradictory here and there from the spoilers though I do understand the gist of it. Still, it'll be better once we can see it for ourselves on release. All I will say right now is I'm feeling better from where we left off in our arguments on the forums for how he could have survived after R2, all the people who decried the theory back then are currently freaking out it seems
  8. Dann of Thursday
    2019-02-09 18:41
    Dann of Thursday
    Sorry about that. Work's been super busy as we've got a convention coming up next week that I'm attending as a member of staff.

Saw it! And also as much of the spoilers as I could find. You want to discuss it now or hold off?

Funimation announced a Subbed showing May 5 and Dubbed May 7-8.
  9. KrimzonStriker
    2019-02-09 13:48
    KrimzonStriker
    He's ALIVE Dann!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eaX2uy0dpSU

Also opening from the first scene of the movie was released with some fan subtitles to boot. Seems one of my fears for a certain character not showing up were realized however, RIP to them

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xYjwxtzPBfg
  10. KrimzonStriker
    2019-01-22 03:45
    KrimzonStriker
    For the format I don't disagree, but it also isn't some complete reboot like Legend of the Galactic Heroes: New Thesis, and more along the lines of the Gundam OVA to anime transitions. True that, I got the impression if it hadn't been for Shirley's death Lelouch wouldn't have destroyed the Geass Order outright but taken it over with C.C. instead.

About that only one who honestly hasn't appeared in any teaser or trailer is Xing Ke, kind of worried they potentially made his illness/impending death actually relevant and he might not show up which would be sad They looked more like adapted models to me, making a bigger focus on the insect form given that canon on the back. If it was another model sure but I recall how difficult the Alexander was and why it was an elite unit testing model so we'll see. Yeah, a lot of people were confused by that promo, but I think it makes sense. Also my theory on nerve gear piloting by Shario seems to be more likely cause he's in a wheel chair in another trailer I found while whipping Suzaku.

I don't particularly think it conflicts, Deikun was well past the end of his youth and suffering from extreme paranoia, doesn't mean he didn't start off as the bright and optimistic activist history would later portray him as and I personally thought it gave Char more character growth in that he had to learn to accept his father upon discovering the truth of the Newtype theory. Yeah, not looking forward to that prick after CCA, even if he probably dies cause that'll just bring pain to Bright and make me hate Hathaway even more... reminds me that I should watch NT whenever that finishes now btw.

I'm just saying that between those brief scenes, Jeremiah's 'improvements' and V.V. calling Rolo an experiment (and all those kids in test outfits) plus his Geass' physical flaw (which is the only one we know of unlike with the other Geass' we know got contracts) it was always my impression his was artificial. But yeah that stuff is still super confusing, mostly cause they left it vague on purpose, so I hope we finally get more answers on Geass' nature with this movie personally. Lelouch's character at that time struck me as a person who would do whatever it takes for the sake of the world, so that the sins and sacrifices weren't for nothing, and I do mean whatever it took whether it be living (as he made Suzaku do) or dying, and if there was an obvious potential flaw in his plan he'd look for ways to address it. But again, movie's coming out soon so let's table this debate and see what happens

That's great news, replacement tooth surgery seems to have gone well on my end too. Got to go in for a deep cleaning and examination next week but otherwise I'm glad to put that episode behind me It might just be me being used to mandatory ecchi in a lot of other series but I kind of appreciate they don't dance around it personally and own what they're doing Anyway, glad you seem to enjoy it so far. Mostly I just like the characters alot better, a more straightforward and still interesting plot line compared to Qwaser. And yeah that might work but given the disposition of some of the science focused villains I do think it a nice contrast to have science and magic opposed to one another like that (Or the MC using magic in scientific ways).

Well anyway, I've seen the latest TPN episodes and they're really on point so far I have to say. Good to hear about Broly, cold front over here is keeping me inside recently though so I'll see about tracking it and MHA movie down later. Oh yeah I did, thought I'd let it release a few more episodes so the actual story gets told and criticism can die down and people move on already like with Goblin Slayer <_<