Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Rah-Rah

Notices

Conversation Between Rah-Rah and Urei
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 10 of 17
  1. Urei
    2009-04-30 14:26
    Urei
    Well, I liked the original series so that's why I'm having problems with this version. I still prefer the original. Same goes for that failure of manga
  2. Rah-Rah
    2009-04-30 14:14
    Rah-Rah
    You should sometime, cause seriously, I think it's going to turn out a lot better and more focused then the TV series. first rebuild made me an Eva fan agian, and I have long since also tired of talking about it with people, but it got me excited agian, even though I wasn't initially. Also helps that the second movie looks to be drastically different from the TV series, plus a really really cute megane girl voiced by Maaya Sakamoto
  3. Urei
    2009-04-30 12:35
    Urei
    Well, I wasn't following any particular material so I was actually surprised when he died ^^' Well, it was not a surprise once I saw the very start of the episode and the climate it presented. The pace was very badly balanced but, well, you can call it artistic impression. The whole series was like that. The characters, well, very few were developed. The rest was nothing more then a background, unfortunately.

As for Evangelion, well I grew up on it But I don't like to talk about it. Didn't even watch the rebuild 1st movie. Can't find any motivation.
  4. Rah-Rah
    2009-04-30 12:22
    Rah-Rah
    I actually didn't mind Nia's inclusion into the story, cause since I was paying attention to the promo material, I saw it coming, and to be honest, Kamina had a death flag since ep 2 (which is another problem I have with the show: I feel like it should have been longer so stuff like that was spaced out and they didn't have to move at such a breakneck pace. Would have gotten me more attached to the cast then I was, as In the end I only liked Simon and Viral). Then agian, as I said, the only Gainax show I like is Evangelion (and the Rebuild movies are showing potential of being better then the show by cutting out all the retarded stuff from the show and just better telling the story).
  5. Urei
    2009-04-30 04:19
    Urei
    I found Gurren boring after episode 16. You can say that I did nothing but hope for a better development between episodes 11 and 16. The appearance of Nia destroyed the series for me. Maybe I'm a bit unfair but, I really expected something out of that series. Instead they went with something so stereotypical that it hurt. And the issue with the preview for the future from episode 1. If they decided to go with that setting... it would've been oh so much more entertaining. I'm not into super robota as well, although I adore Getter. Can't even say why

I had mixed feelings about Diebuster. Nice name, but, well, as I said before, I'm not into girls doing sempai routine. There has to be at least one worthy male character with an actual role in the story. Otherwise it ends as an eyecandy for shutin otakus Battle Athletes did this exponentially good. Aside from one grandpa type male there was this one super sidekick minor character kid boy whose plot finished with 2 background appearances early in the series. I have to agree, G-L was all about special effects and introducing lots and I mean lots of minor characters whose lines ended with one or two sentences said in the whole series.
  6. Rah-Rah
    2009-04-30 02:57
    Rah-Rah
    Just to cut into your conversation, I didn't think Gurren Lagann was all that great either. Sure, when you get caught up in the hype anything is the most awesome thing ever (Although from shows that season, IMO DTB, Seriei no Moribito, and Toward The Terra were the best Spring 07), but I'm generally not a fan of super robot shows and the only enduring thing I like from Gainax is Evangelion and maybe Kare Kano, so it didn't really do it for me. Great desgins and soundtrack, but kind of forgettable characters and I didn't really get into the whole spirt of the show so...

I actually liked Diebuster the first time I saw it (marathoned it with Gunbuster. Best thangsgiving ever ), but It didn't really do it for me the second. Fun desgins and all but as I said with GL.... The cast in Die was more interesting though then GL, maybe cause it was smaller and didn't feel like they just added people to make it seem more epic then it was.
  7. Urei
    2009-04-27 06:04
    Urei
    Some people find this most fitting
  8. Urei
    2009-04-22 07:09
    Urei
    Hm, games, games, games. To tell the truth I play very few games right now. I was playing The Last Remnant for PC until I deleted my save file...accidentaly ~~ That pissed me off to no ends as it happened right after I did a damned 3 hour quest. Did it without any help from FAQ sites and it costed me hell lot of patience ~~' Front Mission 5, I love that game. It's THE best Front Mission since the first FM. Nice characters, great graphics, amazing system and everything else. The down side is that I don't know Japanese. It was announced recently that the last - v4 English Fan Patch for the game will be released soon so I pretty much gave up on playing it. The last patch will have all the in the game dialogues translated so we will be able to apply in onto ISO and have a full fledged English FM5.

I'd love to play Armored Core 4 for PS3. Another simply amazing game. They got rid of everything that pissed off the players. That hard targeting system, slow action and the damn energy usage. Christ, I can remember it already, a 5 second jump always depleted your AC's energy and caused it to overheat ~~ the gameplay looked something like this - micro jump + strafe = pray that the enemy will remain for at least a second in your targeting field. And now? I want that game ...

I finished Ar Tonelico 2 recently. Another great game. Right now I'm waiting for SD Gundam Generation Wars on ps2. Last good game for ps2. It'll have S1 00 Units as well ^^

Oh, and I also started to play one mmorpg
  9. Rah-Rah
    2009-04-22 03:15
    Rah-Rah
    Haha no worries, considering I wrote like 3 megaparagraphs myself . I need to start posting more though anyway, since I'm getting back into the swing of things agian (even if I'm not watching anime as much as playing games and reading light novels and manga). This season has turned out to be the best one in ages though IMO, just cause I'm having fun with most of the things I'm watching and am looking foward to trying others (like Souten Kurou).

I do agree that Stargazer is what SEED should be like in general in terms of presentation and treatment of it's subject matter, but let's face it, SEED is for teenagers and kids , and it's going to stay that way as long as you still have Fukuda and Morasawa in charge of it. Not that I mind, cause teenagers and kids aren't stupid and some stuff aimed at them can be seriously good stuff, it's just I'm really sick and tired of the worldview SEED has, and the mismanagement of the universe (Although, considering the main focus in SEED is character relationships, I think as long as it sticks to that most people won't notice or care). I can forgive some of the first series's flaws though, cause it was my second full Gundam TV series and as you said elsewhere, it was meant to set ablaze the stagnating fandom and get people interested in Gundam agian after all the spinoff shows that didn't really catch on with most people (Outside of Wing and G, every other gunam show in the 90s did terrible ratings wise).

All that being said, I'm getting more into other things as of late besides anime, so I'm playing Front Mission 5 and several visual novels (Umineko no Naku Kori Ni is a masterpiece :3), so I was wondering if maybe you had any reccomendations yourself :3
  10. Urei
    2009-04-22 02:14
    Urei
    Hm, I believe that the concept behind the second part was something that wanted to develop from the very start. I mean, the whole series, right from the very first scene meant to find an answer as to why people fight and a way to make them realize how twisted the reasons behind the war are. That's the reason why I didn't expect for Gundam 00 to uphold an unchanged formula of the first part. There was an enormous revolution shown at the end of the first part as well. I'm sure people missed it. The world shifted from internal conflicts towards integration by the guidance of Innovators. That was the idea behind Aeolias plan to begin with - integration at all costs.

In that world, where people experienced fear of being suppressed by such power as CB, there is no possible way but to shift your priorities towards integration and fighting those who think otherwise. I believe there is no other way for a world to develop in that situation. Of course, nations could have used Tau Drives to strengthen their armies and fall into military stall once again, but not with Innovators - the main enemies behind the scenes. It's only natural that a regiment created resistance. Both sides want to fight.

In that world there is also no possible way to present any political drama or tensions as those in the first part. Ultimately everyone wants peace. What would Katharon, A-Laws, Regular Army and CB want to fight with? - We want peace but with democracy! ; - We want peace but with autocracy!; - We want to fight god damnit! etc. I know I would be disappointed if they reused the earlier concept. Well, that's what I believe :he:

Yes, Nina was, frustrating and, ugh... Somewhat Ranka'ish Then again, you won't find many Gundam shows where you actually get a love triangle theme If stardust Memory got a longer run I think people would not find it that rushed. Well, I think the pace was ok but I understand why others may think otherwise Cosmic Era has ao much potential. Stargazer has shown us how a solid series in that universe should look like. War and killing, but hope as well. If you think about it, it's understanding eachother what made them depart back home in Stargazer Gundam. You know, suprisingly enough I find Shin a bit more enjoyable character then Kira. At least when he goes ballistic ans wayward with strange reasoning it's entertaining to see what develops out of it. Unlike Mr. Yamato who jums into his machine and presses Auto Beam Spam + One Phrase Answers button.

(Ranka is everything I don't want in an anime heroine, and is generally an underdeveloped mary sue character used to pander to the fanboys. Her mannerisms and design alone let you know that) Haha, makes you wonder why she's Kawamori's favorite character, even more, why the heck did he even managed to like her

I agree about Alto. He's the best Macross protagonist in my opinion, with DYRL Hikaru right behind him. I pretty much agree on the rest. Macross F is an amazing series that will make you want to squeeze the hell out of your favorite characters in one big Takamura hug If I were an otaku and lived in Japan I would order a Sheryl and Alto cardboard cut outs and make them stand together in front of my door

Sorry for yet another big portion of text