Happy Birthday
  2. Chaos2Frozen
    2014-12-23 03:49
    Chaos2Frozen
    Happy Birthday
  3. Skane
    2012-06-16 09:24
    Skane
    They're viable, but not the most optimal in terms of solo. It can be done. It just needs more effort to make it work.

Cheers.
  4. Chaos2Frozen
    2012-06-15 09:17
    Chaos2Frozen
    In other words, there's not alot (if any) suitable substitutes from the standard workhorse ?
  5. Skane
    2012-06-15 09:10
    Skane
    Well, there is Shock Pulse: Piercing Orb plus Arcane Orb: Celestial Orb, but it is more party oriented as it is more effective with somebody helping you to round up the mobs and tank them for maximum AoE effectiveness.

Frost is hard, since most Cold Spells sacrifice damage for utility. In terms of AoE, Meteor: Comet is a big hitter, but requires positioning and almost impossible in hard kiting. Blizzard has low damage, and Ray of Frost is single-target.

Cheers.
  6. Chaos2Frozen
    2012-06-15 00:01
    Chaos2Frozen
    Skane, I know Hell mode isn't the kind of place to start experimenting, but do you have any viable alternative builds to using Disintegrate+Hydra ? Don't get me wrong I love it to bits, but if I don't start mixing things up it's going to turn boring very soon

(Basically, I'm sick of seeing orange and purple all the time )

How about a frost set up, or that melee wizard?
  7. Skane
    2012-06-08 02:44
    Skane
    Assuming you're not attempting to use Diamond Skin to face-tank anything, Mirror Skin can easily last you until Hell-A2. Increased absorb will only have a noticeable effect from Hell-A3 onwards.

Cheers.
  8. Chaos2Frozen
    2012-06-07 16:55
    Chaos2Frozen
    Quote:
    That's a lot of offence.

Yeah I realized something was wrong when I started Nightmare

Thanks for the suggestions I'll try them out to see which shoe fits.

EDIT:

One more question- Diamond Skin, which rune would you recommend? Increase Max Adsorb or Mirror Skin?
  9. Skane
    2012-06-07 13:32
    Skane
    That's a lot of offence.

Spectral Blade is a dubious choice unless you specifically gear/skill/rune your Wizard for melee. Melee Wizards do exist, but the build is pretty specific in order to be effective.

Diamond Skin is pretty much a keeper as a panic button.

Hydras are love. Pretty much a staple for any Wizard. Arcane is the most versatile, while Venom is best for Bosses.

Blizzard depends on how much kiting you want to do. With the Temporal Flux passive, Arcane Hydra will slow enemies too. Blizzard is also pretty low damage, and may not be the best choice for group-play. It is popular with soloists though. Blizzard also has the worst coefficients for Life Leech/On Hit.

You are lacking an Armor spell. If you want to channel Disintegrate longer, you may want to consider Storm Armor: Power of the Storm. For pure defence, Energy Armor at the later levels will serve you well, with either the Force Armor rune or the Prismatic Armor rune.

For more damage, there is also Magic Weapon: Force Weapon or Familiar: Sparkflint.

Generally speaking, Wizards will usually choose two attack spells to focus on, two defence spells, and two utility spells. It is quite hard to have more than two attack spells until you have good gear to compensate for the loss of dps from the utility spells.

Another popular defence spell is Teleport: Fracture. People pair it with the Illusionist passive so that the CD is a non-issue. If you can afford the passive, it is something to consider.

Cheers.
  10. Chaos2Frozen
    2012-06-07 00:24
    Chaos2Frozen
    Skane, I need some Wizardry Advice

I'm now at Lv37 Nightmare Act 1, for now things are fine with the exception of a few champion fights, but I get the feeling I'm not using my Wizard to his fullest potential, Right now I'm using-

Right click - Disintegrate (Chaos)
    Left click - Electrocute (Chain Lightning)

Button 1 - Spectral Blade (Healing)
    Button 2 - Diamond Skin (Mirror)
    Button 3 - Hydra (Arcane)
    Button 4 - Blizzard (Mist)

I feel pretty set on my mouse buttons, but any suggestion for which other 4 skills I should try out?