AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Last Sinner

Notices

Conversation Between Last Sinner and stray
Showing Visitor Messages 21 to 30 of 140
  1. Last Sinner
    2023-01-08 09:46
    Last Sinner
    Welp, the Jags made it. What a collapse for the ages by the Titans, losing their final 8 in a row. And Kansas City has the #1 seed in the AFC. Not long before the rest is in place.

I finished going through Night Cascades a day ago. It's great. For something made by one person, it's great. It's what I wish VNs would do - and the maker knows it. The amount of care and effort put into creating this in Tennessee in the 1980s and making it feel legit, as well as the way the two main leads interacted with each other. Working through issues to resolve past mistakes, realising their own biases, finding a balance between their two different ways of thinking, realising the things they did wrong when they were young adults and how to move forward. Art is gorgeous, music really feels like it is from the region, story was good (although more of a conduit for the character relationship). It was a relief that the dev said they were making a sequel to Long Live The Queen. Hanako Games is one person in their bedroom - the thanks I left them for Night Cascades lifted their day, in their words. In a time where things are getting very narrow in scope, to find something like this was a real relief.
  2. Last Sinner
    2023-01-05 21:24
    Last Sinner
    That condition is what MD Brian Sutterer called it as mere minutes after the incident. His takes are pretty spot on. No idea how he gets things up that fast.

Well, I spent a lot more on manga recent, so quite fair.

Wishlist it and give it a look mid-year. I'm a bit over halfway through it. It's really one of a kind. I'm not surprised but a bit sad how overlooked it is.
  3. stray
    2023-01-05 21:11
    stray
    Hmm... I'll check Night Cascades out next sale; I ended up not really buying anything this time around and decided to hold onto the Steam credit I have for Octopath Traveler II or maybe or a Steam Deck Dock. I ended up getting bundles but for other things like software (Painter) and Kodansha manga.

And yeah the Hamlin situation was kinda nuts. It sounds like he's doing a lot better but no word yet on what exactly happened... commotio cordis is what most people seem to be speculating.
  4. Last Sinner
    2023-01-04 20:33
    Last Sinner
    I'm halfway through Night Cascades. The only thing I can say in a non-spoilerish way is that this has not just been what I've wanted to see from yuri but from VNs full stop. About 17 hours left in the Steam sale, so your call. But I rarely give comments like this.
  5. Last Sinner
    2023-01-03 17:33
    Last Sinner
    Well...the Damar Hamlin incident sure was harrowing...poor guy...Skip Bayless had the most tasteless, classless take on it.
  6. stray
    2023-01-02 10:14
    stray
    Happy new year to you as well.

I like Citrus a lot but I can't bring myself to collect the manga. I have all 7 volumes of Kase-san in English, and speaking of yuri I actually had to go to a brick and mortar bookstore last week to get Machikado Mazoku vol 2 since its been backordered on RightStuf over 6 months now. I tend to buy series and then sell them off when I get bored and/or when a finale pisses me off. I sort of regret getting rid of Happy Sugar Life though. I might still get the epilogue volume if it comes out in English. And I'm like 99% positive Kase-san and Yamada 3 is going to be delayed given their track record.

I don't really know what to expect from the Giants since they have nothing to play for. They may rest some starters or they may play the spoiler, its hard to tell at this point. I just hope the Eagles have Hurts back, because Minshew is just not very good. And the Giants kind of deserve a smackdown after Thibodeaux's tasteless celebration while Foles was laying there twitching. I didn't pay attention to much else but I was impressed by the game Vegas put up against SF. I think SF is overrated -- the niners have only played like 2 playoff teams this year -- but Purdy definitely looks solid compared to someone like Minshew.
  7. Last Sinner
    2023-01-02 09:22
    Last Sinner
    Welp...to say things are very complicated going into this last week is an understatement...

Granted, a win is all your Eagles need but...With the Vikings versing the Bears, the 49ers versing the Cardinals, the Cowboys versing the Commanders...your decider with the Giants seems to be the most up in the air. Hurts is supposedly coming back but injuries to Lane Johnson and Josh Sweat are pretty big.

AFC, race between Kansas and Buffalo, pending the result of the upcoming game of Buffalo v Cincinatti. Heck, Cincinatti could enter the mix in the final lap, even if Kansas are supposed to have a tap in against Vegas. Kansas, while winning, are barely getting those wins.

And then there's those 8-8 logjams for the final wildcard spot. Makes for an interesting final regular season week. In all honesty, the only highlights I liked watching from today were 49ers v Raiders.

Maybe it's some needed wake-up calls before the playoffs. Time will tell.
  8. Last Sinner
    2023-01-01 10:50
    Last Sinner
    Happy holidays and New Year.

Some others arrived just before the new year in manga form. Whisper Me a Love Song to currently available, the rest of A Tropical Fish Yearns For Snow, early volumes of Doughnuts Under a Crescent Moon, latest of Even Though We're Adults. More of Pulse, Citrus+ and Otherside Picnic soon. 3rd volume of Kase-san and Yamada is a few months away. On non-yuri titles, I've been rolling with The Apothecary Diaries, Beauty and the Feast, The Elder Sister-Like One, Tsubaki-chou Lonely Planet, Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou, You Like Me Not My Daughter, The Tunnel To The End of Summer: The Exit of Goodbyes, Hakumei and Mikochi. Completing a roundup of the proper version of the Sailor Moon manga. Completed acquiring Aria the Masterpiece, Astra: Lost In Space and Girls Last Tour a few months ago.
  9. stray
    2022-12-29 19:43
    stray
    Kase-san and Morning Glories is a classic though I usually stick to the manga. I don't buy many Blurays in general. I haven't ordered much of anything since the Crunchyroll merger, though I usually only put in a few orders a year filled with all the preorders I want and just let it get to me when it gets to me. I ordered Summertime Rendering in May, and I just put in my 2023 preorders this month. Their shipping has been kinda weird lately, but I'd assume it has to do with the holidays. And I'm starting to get some books I had backordered canceled, which is a downer.
  10. Last Sinner
    2022-12-29 16:23
    Last Sinner
    Received for 1-3. Merch friend had been burnt by Rightstuf recently with the Crest of the Stars novel saga, boxes being split illogically and causing issues with other customers. He's ordering 4-6 on the final day of the Rightstuf sale along with the anime titles we've seen at bargain prices. Dennou Coil at $4, Kase-san and at $13, Squid Girl at $13, Tokyo Godfathers at $13.

I completed all achievements in Stacklands last night. Was a lot of chill fun (and tense late game) for $5. There's something very endearing about completing a village from scratch, demons trying to take you out, creating an island eco-sustainable village that pirates take issue with, dealing with said demons and pirates then the Wicked Witch responsible for them all. With cards and somewhat minimalist but chill visuals.