Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Rethice

Notices

Conversation Between Rethice and Last Sinner
Showing Visitor Messages 11 to 11 of 11
  1. Rethice
    2011-10-18 19:23
    Rethice
    Hi,

I just saw your seasonal thoughts linked on someone else's profile and decided to give it a bit of a read.

Most of our thoughts overlap, except for a few slight differences so I thuoght I'd discuss them with you if you're willing.

Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai:
    I'm on the same level in agreeing that this has turned out much better than ever expected, but I was surprised you compared the character design so much to Ore Imo, yet didn't mention at any point the identical art style to Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko - it's a very unique art style focusing on a very strange way of drawing lips and mouths in general. Though, after reading your comparison, I have to agree on the similarities between the character's relationship of Ore Imo and Boku wa Tomodachi.

Fate/Zero:
    Now I'm certainly not a Type-Moon fanboy, but I did enjoy Fate/Stay night many years ago (no thanks to Deen's quality adaption). My feelings differ from yours in the matter of pacing, though - I feel the dialogue heavy pilot episode was very appropriate to setting the scene. Sometimes shows like that need a thorough introduction to establish all of the different characters, since the way the story is portrayed it shows most of the characters of equal importance, and the story being more about their struggles with themselves and eachother rather than their own individual quest (like Shirou in FSN). It might be because I'm already an established appreciator of the story having seen Fate/Stay Night, but I didn't find myself getting bored at all.

Chihayafuru:
    Now this is usually the kind of slice of life drama I enjoy, and though I wouldn't say I've quite dropped it yet, I am a little bored. I find the obsession and over-enthusiasm on a family game as tedious and boring as I do any other sports anime that takes itself too serious (see: Prince of Tennis). I've seen a lot of people say this show is more about bullying and friendship, but the lead female's attitude and unrealistically single-minded focus on that poem game just erks me.

Sorry for randomly throwing my thoughts at you as a stranger, but I thought you might like to discuss them