Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Triple_R

Notices

Conversation Between Triple_R and Darthtabby
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 10 of 115
  1. Darthtabby
    2017-07-13 13:14
    Darthtabby
    Thought I'd update with a few suggestions for you now that I've actually watched some of the stuff from the new season. I'd be reluctant to call any of these shows great but they're ones I think you might enjoy.

Isekai Shukudou (Restaurant to Another World) should be a nice choice if you're looking for something relaxing.

Knight's & Magic has rushed pacing and a protagonist who's kind of a Gary Stu, but it's also pretty fun and has a cool take on medieval mecha.

Princess Principale might also be worth a look for its steampunk aesthetic, flashy action and high production values despite the clash between its cutesy and gritty elements (my one big concern is whether a certain action by one of the protagonists might put you off). Also Okouchi is the lead writer and while his writing can be highly questionable it's rarely boring.

You could also try catching up on some of the shows from previous seasons, a few of which are ongoing.
  2. Darthtabby
    2017-07-02 15:39
    Darthtabby
    The full convention is actually in August, the event yesterday was just a little promotional thing they were doing. On the plus side it was part of the much larger general Canada Day festivities down there so I got to soak up some atmosphere from that.

I noted a few shows that interest me in the Summer 2017 thread over on the RRRoundtable, but to be honest the shows I'm most excited about are actually carry overs from the current season -Re:Creators and Rage of Bahamut: Virgin Soul. While I was disappointed by Virgin Soul's slow pacing (particularly in comparison to Rage of Bahamut: Genesis) it had a pretty good cour finale, while I would tend to say Re:Creators has been running pretty strong since about episode six or so (episodes two to five were pretty exposition heavy).

To some degree I think I'm looking for some lighter shows to compliment what I'm already watching. Which the new season does look like it might be able to provide, though there are also a couple potentially more serious titles that also have my interest.
  3. Triple_R
    2017-07-01 22:28
    Triple_R
    Happy Canada Day!

I hope the anime convention is going well for you. I haven't watched much anime recently, but I'm a little excited about the coming Summer season. I'm hoping it'll be a good one! Which Summer shows do you have your eye on?
  4. Darthtabby
    2017-07-01 10:52
    Darthtabby
    Happy Canada Day! (And a belated Happy Birthday too, looking at the other messages on here.

One of our local anime conventions is holding a free promotional event at the convention center next to Canada Place today. Planning to check it out, though I feel a little strange about attending an anime event on today of all days.
  5. Triple_R
    2017-04-11 15:26
    Triple_R
    Please check your AIM when you get a chance. Thanks!
  6. Darthtabby
    2017-04-02 14:22
    Darthtabby
    I haven't actually gotten to Chapter Seven yet -I've been getting a bit behind on things the last few days. But I'll check it out.
  7. Triple_R
    2017-03-30 08:06
    Triple_R
    Thanks for that Darth! I'll get what you wrote when we meet on AIM again. I hope you enjoyed Chapter 7 of the fanfic.
  8. Darthtabby
    2017-03-27 14:44
    Darthtabby
    So I more or less managed to get that scene written yesterday, though its really pushing it on the word count (short is not my strong suite).
  9. Darthtabby
    2017-02-26 00:22
    Darthtabby
    Wanted to ask you about a few fanfic related things via chat if you've got the time.
  10. Darthtabby
    2017-02-06 00:15
    Darthtabby
    I should probably stop badgering you about FMP, but there were a couple interesting things I wanted to mention about the series:

1) It's a light novel adaptation from fifteen years ago when light novel adaptations weren't as common. It's kind of interesting to compare to adaptations of newer light novels. In some respects its very different but there are also things that don't feel so different.

2) The first season was done by Gonzo, but The Second Raid (which I also intend to cover) is a mecha series by freaking Kyoto Animation. It's also the show that made Kyoto Animation decide that mecha shows are too much work and they never want to do another one.