Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Sassarai

Notices

Conversation Between Sassarai and synaesthetic
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 10 of 20
  1. synaesthetic
    2013-06-25 15:34
    synaesthetic
    Not enough are saying that to matter. Squeenix's bread and butter will come from the Japanese player base (PS3 mostly, but also PC users who bought it before). The NA/EU player bases are ancillary to that.

ARR won't go F2P simply because Squeenix would gain nothing from making it F2P.
  2. Sassarai
    2013-06-25 12:06
    Sassarai
    This is too funny, many ffxiv beta testers are calling for the game to go f2p already. lol some even said they aren't going to play if it's subs. It's like WTF???!!! Why are you playing the beta then if you have no intentions of playing the actual game!
  3. Sassarai
    2013-06-22 15:30
    Sassarai
    Haha yeah that check enemy thing is worded badly. Even at 75 the sense of danger was only present in the high level areas. The weaker mobs in those area, while still aggros, could be kited, outran, or zoned easily. You never get that sense of where you're overpowered in ffxi for sure. I do enjoy HNMS popping up and getting in players way like the Wyrm in Kuftal Tunnel, Guirve lol.
  4. synaesthetic
    2013-06-22 15:21
    synaesthetic
    Thing was, XI never really became "safe." At level 75, things that conned "too weak to be worthwhile" would still hand you your head on a silver platter. No matter what, you always, constantly had to avoid aggro, even "easy prey" mobs would slaughter you with impunity.
  5. Sassarai
    2013-06-22 15:16
    Sassarai
    Not for me because as you level, the area becomes more safe so there was always that sense of danger till you get stronger. Also when you become more aware of how things aggro and more familiar with the map then it becomes even easier. Learn! learn! learn!
  6. synaesthetic
    2013-06-22 14:29
    synaesthetic
    That's not at all what I was talking about. That "sense of danger" was a fun novelty the first week, but after that it became just a colossal pain in the ass.
  7. Sassarai
    2013-06-22 13:28
    Sassarai
    What made FFXI memorable to me was the sense of danger at every corner. Getting chase by goblins/Orcs/Qudavs, making my way through Jugner Forest to get to Jueno as a low level, going to Valkrum dunes to form parties, etc, etc. Seems like there's no need to group up for anything so far and I haven't been aggro'ed by anything yet.
  8. synaesthetic
    2013-06-22 02:25
    synaesthetic
    It's rather Western on the surface (it's easy to see how much RIFT inspired the developers), but it's got a LOT of the same charm that made FFXI so memorable. Even though the UI and the battle systems may give you that post-WoW feel, the game is still very much an anomaly in the industry, unlike either Western MMOs nor like Korean MMOs.
  9. Sassarai
    2013-06-22 00:19
    Sassarai
    Just got into beta...Wow they pretty much made FFXIV into a western mmo. Big icons everywhere so you don't get lost, mobs spawning every sec so there's no competition, FATE = giant zerg fest, solo errand boy quest grinding, etc. Graphics are nice though. I can see why there's mostly positive reviews on this game so far.
  10. synaesthetic
    2013-06-15 22:37
    synaesthetic
    My biggest gripe with DS is that I can't just quickload after dying. Instead I take a penalty, which is stupid.