Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Rethice

Notices

Conversation Between Rethice and Last Sinner
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 10 of 11
  1. Last Sinner
    2012-01-17 09:33
    Last Sinner
    Too many great artists headed that way. Tomose Shunsaku, Happoubi Jin, Miyama-Zero, Koh Kawarajima and Tony Taka for starters - list is way too long. Only Range Murata and meku seem to have avoided that pitfall besides them doing erotic material sometimes.
  2. Rethice
    2012-01-14 21:01
    Rethice
    Yeah I think Tony's roots of ero-material has hindered his career a lot, the deal he signed with Sega to do the art for Project Diva seemed like a good dive board into a real career, but it seems like it's going slowly for him. I don't have very high expectations of Shining Hearts, but I'm interested to see if, as you said, the writers can match the art this time.

I don't know though, my love for Tony has diminished over the years - I admire his art as being very high quality, but all of his character designs always seem far too similar to each other - even more so than most artists!
  3. Last Sinner
    2012-01-14 12:12
    Last Sinner
    So Shining Hearts is getting an adaptation?

Well, I seriously hope they do it better than Shining Wind turned out. That adaptation copped a lot of hate. Tony's art is very nice - I've followed him for years now. But my worry has always been Tony's art hasn't been matched with writers that do decent stories/content most of the time. He is mainly confined to material that ends up as eroge. This SH adaptation explains why several figures of characters from it have popped up. I have a Rufina one on pre-order. oddly enough.
  4. Last Sinner
    2011-10-24 06:28
    Last Sinner
    It's admitted from the stat it will go there somewhat. I still feel Sena, Yozora and Kodaka will be the main focus. Kobato has no legit reason to rock up to the club, she'll just be entertainment outside the club. The crossdresser looks like a reverse Hideyoshi from Baka to Test. Apparently the source material had more drama. *shrug* As long as it's fun and doesn''t degenerate into typical ecchi territory, I'll still like it.
  5. Rethice
    2011-10-24 05:37
    Rethice
    Yeah, after watching episode 3 I enjoyed it even more, especially considering the extra element added to Yozora's background - quite a nice twist!

I think one of the best things about Neighbour's Club so far is the fact that they're introducing the characters slowly, so they all get some depth before introducing more. Unfortunately this might be ruined later on once his harem is fleshed out by all the characters in the OP
  6. Last Sinner
    2011-10-22 10:17
    Last Sinner
    I like Boku wa Tomodachi too. It's the first series with noticable ecchi that doesn't go utterly crass or service-focused. It's trying to do several things. Nice to think that there may finally be a series in that genre with some form of a brain rather that just going for the cheap dollar.
  7. Rethice
    2011-10-18 21:28
    Rethice
    Ah yes I did enjoy Usagi Drop as well, I think I was just in the wrong frame of mind when I watched it, so though I did like it, it hasn't made lasting memory for me.

Steins;Gate is near the top of my plan to watch list, as soon as I finish Dantalion no Shoka (I've got some catching up to do on potential anime). DemiSoda is constantly telling me to check out Steins;Gate, and it sounds like I will enjoy it!

Hah, it will be difficult to imagine Ben-to staying amusing for much longer, I was just impressed it amused me for two episodes at all, probably why I'm giving it so much credit. XD
  8. Last Sinner
    2011-10-18 21:23
    Last Sinner
    Another thing we agree on. 2011 was just not doing much for me until October. Only two series I liked before October were Steins;Gate and Usagi Drop.

Ben-To is subjective to what people consider good humour. My humour isn't the biggest concern I have for it. I just don't see how it could remain entertaining for a full season. And that class rep is the character I hate the most from this season. Personally the anime I'd call the funniest I've ever seen is Minami-ke season 1. That's probably the most accurate example of what I find funny.
  9. Rethice
    2011-10-18 20:29
    Rethice
    For someone who has been kind of falling out of anime over the past year (hasn't been much potential in 2011 at all for me... Madoka has been the only thing to really stand out) this season has been great though, gotten me back into it hard.

Another one I found interesting was Ben-to - I had equally low expectations for that as I did with Neihbours Club, so I came out of it quite impressed on a purely comedic level. Now that's an example of characters taking something simple far too seriously in a hilarious way. I kind of disagree that it will have low sales as well, as some of the characters really do stand out - and they have their niche focus of stocking-fetishes that will appeal enough to certain people that it wil remain memorable for at least a little while. The Ice Queen at least stands out as a character that will have merchandise made of her.
  10. Last Sinner
    2011-10-18 19:50
    Last Sinner
    No, I'm grateful you have. Always nice to talk it over.

Neighbours Club - I did check the staffing for both. No person worked on both titles. Plus Neightbours Club is AIC while Denpa is Shaft. It's probably mere coincidence.

Fate/Zero - My issue with Fate/Stay Night's adaptation - and this also reflects how my learned Type-Moon friends feel - is that it didn't accurately represent what happens in the game. They concede FSN was a harder adaptation because you would have to cover all three arcs in order for it to truly make sense. They only focused on Saber's arc in the end, yet still not accurately. The significance of Archer was lost since they barely touched Rin's arc - although the Unlimited Blade Works rectifies that somewhat. Heaven's Feel could never have been covered in anime. Sakura may look bonkers already in FSN. Fate/Zero Episode 1 touches on it. In the Heaven's Feel route, Sakura goes insane big-time thanks to the hell she continued to have inflicted on her, then corrupts Rider, Saber and Berserker into evil versions to fight for her. Rider somehow breaks the contract and is liberated. The final fight in that route ends up being Shirou + Rin + Lancer + Rider vs Evil Sakura + Dark Saber + Dark Berserker. The stuff that happens in that route is pretty graphic and twisted from what my friends tell me.

As for Fate/Zero, don't get me wrong. It's #2 on my list because I do quite like it. But seriously, Episode 1 is a trial. You have to admit a good proportion of people who dug FSN are going to find the complete opposite of content and style on offer in Fate/Zero challenging. Fate/Stay Night sold in the anime version for completely different reasons. I just hope Fate/Zero will show people anime is not all about girls. I do like female characters very much but it's gotten to the point most animators and writers can't do males properly anymore. I honestly feel Fate/Zero is the last stand for males in modern anime to a fair degree.

Chihayafuru - Chihaya is the type of spunky female I love. Honestly, I admire the way she has never let her older sister taint her perspective and that her peers have never made her cave in either. The girl has a lot of will and spirit. We are talking about someone who suddenly had to re-evaluate what she wants in life and have her sister tell her she thinks nothing of her at all. It comes down to what people want/like from characters in the end. Truth be told, I like my characters imperfect and to irritate some people. I like the fact Chihaya's been driving Taichi insane, that Taichi was a whiny brat then dropped a pair and that Wataya is a loner. They have issues and motivations I can identify with and appreciate. This is the one overall package I haven't had major issues with out of the 23 series I've tried this season. It's not perfect but I find it quite fascinating.